DIEHARD
14-03-15, 07:53 PM
TITANS vs KNIGHTS

Sunday 22 March 2015 Cbus Super Stadium

#NRLTitansKnights

DIEHARD
15-03-15, 01:26 AM
http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx138455.jpg

Tickets: CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0315)

DIEHARD
15-03-15, 01:29 AM
Highlights | Rd 2 v Knights
<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=ZicW95czrzKPyc-qW-UoIweIiA90F2CE"></script>

Show and Go
15-03-15, 07:00 AM
Make some changes please Neil. No more Zillman please.

I'd name this team if the players in the drug scandal are back on deck.

1. Roberts
2. Mead
3. Hoffman
4. Tighe/Crampton
5. Don
6. Sezer
7. Elgey
8. Douglas
9. Moseley
10.Myles
11.Taylor
12.James
13.Burr

14.Simpkins
15.Pettybourne
16.Paasi
17.Mortimer

Bayside Titan
15-03-15, 09:37 AM
Back line I would lien to see next week would be.
1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3.Zilly / Crampton /Don
4. Roberts
5. Don / Li
6.Sezer
7. Elgey

Mortimer 17.

Smakked
15-03-15, 10:25 AM
I expect to the see the same team next week and knights by 20

teke
15-03-15, 05:15 PM
The team cant carry Mortimer in defence anymore.

Its also a big waste to have Hoffman sitting in the centres doing nothing when there is a bloke at the back doing the same thing.

gotitans101_
15-03-15, 05:26 PM
I don't expect any team changes tbh.

Titanic
15-03-15, 06:30 PM
As Bennett once said, "if you start listening to the fans then you'll soon be sitting with them in the 'stand." What codswallop, Cartwright and Searle didn't and they are (sic). Henry will need to be careful this season as he has a great opportunity to try some things but if he goes down the conservative path then he is asking for trouble.

Toads
15-03-15, 06:43 PM
Yep, he best wield the axe when it's necessary. For his sake 'n as well as the Club sake.

DavidBouveng
15-03-15, 07:17 PM
As Bennett once said, "if you start listening to the fans then you'll soon be sitting with them in the 'stand." What codswallop, Cartwright and Searle didn't and they are (sic). Henry will need to be careful this season as he has a great opportunity to try some things but if he goes down the conservative path then he is asking for trouble.

agree whats the point in being 12 months down the road, having Chez...but being no clearer on the way to go about it.

i reckon he should be trying things, getting games into Mosely, LG, and try Hoff at back to see the difference. get games into Burr, Paasi, Robbo, and tonnes of guys so we know what the cards are when we lay them down for pre season training.

Jonathonbcode
15-03-15, 08:27 PM
Surely we can drop Zillman for Hoffman? Does Zillman have nude photos of Neil Henry? How can he still be selected...

ozynorts
16-03-15, 07:29 AM
I think Henry hopes that the suspended players are going to come back and all will be well. I hope the club makes a decision on them soon so the coaching staff can stop using them as an excuse for our losses.

TITAN PETE
16-03-15, 09:00 AM
I think Henry hopes that the suspended players are going to come back and all will be well. I hope the club makes a decision on them soon so the coaching staff can stop using them as an excuse for our losses.

If the club is forced to legally allow them to play i'm sure they will all enjoy some love from Burleigh & Tweed because thats the only place they should return to..

Titanic
16-03-15, 10:37 AM
The club may be able to play them but the club doesn't have to pick them as long as they get paid. I think we should ressurect our 'open letter' letter strategy to our management, something along the lines of:

Dear Graham,

With regards to the suspended players, as a supporter of the Titans I ask that those players be made accountable for their total disregard of the community they represent.

The expectations of our community from those very well paid but largely uneducated men are that they, in exchange for their contracts, be role models for our youth in skill, commitment and personal welfare.

Recreational or any other form of substance abuse, petulant demands to be selected and generally behaving at a level better recognised in a primary school playground is not what I want to see coming from anyone in a Titans jersey.

To Greg Bird and Dave Taylor, those with the most to lose, either step-up or languish in QCup where I am certain players less fortunate to have had what you have had will level the score. As for the others named, there are many reasons why some talented players never make it and poor self-discipline is right at the top.

Finally, the club's harsh stance is admirable but I can only guess at what has been happening. I do not accept that it was all the previous heirachy's problem and knee-jerk management can only sustain so much momentum.

Draw a line in the sand by all means and prove to us that you are the people to lead us towards the much-touted 'new era'.

[end of rant]

Titan4Life
16-03-15, 10:52 AM
My opinion might not be popular but I believe they should be allowed to play. Although they have put a dark cloud on this club, they are still confident that they are not guilty. Of course they wouldn't say they were guilty but I believe that until we find out the result, they are innocent unless found otherwise. Just my thoughts..

DIEHARD
16-03-15, 11:14 AM
NRL needs to make statement in wake of Knights’ cheap, dirty tactics on Johnathan Thurston

THE NRL match review committee needs to view the charges on Knights players as part of a pattern of premeditated tactics aiming at intimidating Johnathan Thurston and reducing his influence on a match.

The committee will probably see these as three separate incidents, but the repeated, heavy contacts on Thurston underline that the skilful playmakers in the NRL need more protection from the referees.

Playmakers are habitually targeted in various methods, but what the Knights forwards collectively threw at Thurston should be unacceptable to the NRL.

For everyone who hates seeing players tackled headfirst into the ground, there is hope that Beau Scott will receive a grading on Monday — and subsequent suspension — severe enough to provide a deterrent for the entire competition.

Scott was able to accept a grade one dangerous throw charge, avoiding suspension, for his role in the tackle with Blues teammate Josh Reynolds on Brent Tate in the first State of Origin game last year.

That would affect the loading of any charge he received over the lifting tackle on Thurston by Knights Scott and Chris Houston.

The decisions of referees to put on report both the lifting tackle and also Scott’s late tackle on Thurston was standard procedure, but does not provide any “in game’’ deterrent. Newcastle flew home with two competition points.

I’m not sure how the Knights could go about defending Scott’s late tackle on Thurston in the first half in Townsville should it go to the judiciary.

Scott delivered a late, forceful tackle with his shoulder into the ribs of Thurston, knocking him to the ground.

Billy Slater said on Channel 9 that late tackles on playmakers is the No. 1 problem in the game, which is a valuable player’s eye view of how common these are.

Playmakers, and former Test skipper Brad Fittler named Cooper Cronk as one, are passing more often before the line of advantage because they are wary of being late tackled and injured. This, in turn, makes their playmaking slightly easier to defend against (which suits the opposing coach just fine).

If Knights coach Rick Stone did not send his forwards out with a plan to repeatedly and intentionally make contact with Thurston then he has a team ignoring his instructions after just two games.

Stone said the tackling and pressure exerted on Thurston was “just part and parcel of competing hard’’.

The lifting tackle by Scott and Houston was a little reminiscent of the one by Josh Reynolds and Scott in the opening Origin match of 2014.

Houston’s lift of Thurston is, to be clear, is nowhere near as pronounced as Reynolds’s was of Tate (that one ended up being a 360 degree flip).

Scott finished off both tackles.

The Cowboys, who have scar tissue from their recent treatment from NRL officialdom, will fear this outcome today from the match review: no Knight is charged, but Thurston is charged for a tackle in which he caught Akuila Uate across the face as the Newcastle winger was slipping to ground.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-needs-to-make-statement-in-wake-of-knights-cheap-dirty-tactics-on-johnathan-thurston/story-fni3fbgz-1227263886869

Toads
16-03-15, 11:37 AM
The club may be able to play them but the club doesn't have to pick them as long as they get paid. I think we should ressurect our 'open letter' letter strategy to our management, something along the lines of:

Dear Graham,

With regards to the suspended players, as a supporter of the Titans I ask that those players be made accountable for their total disregard of the community they represent.

The expectations of our community from those very well paid but largely uneducated men are that they, in exchange for their contracts, be role models for our youth in skill, commitment and personal welfare.

Recreational or any other form of substance abuse, petulant demands to be selected and generally behaving at a level better recognised in a primary school playground is not what I want to see coming from anyone in a Titans jersey.

To Greg Bird and Dave Taylor, those with the most to lose, either step-up or languish in QCup where I am certain players less fortunate to have had what you have had will level the score. As for the others named, there are many reasons why some talented players never make it and poor self-discipline is right at the top.

Finally, the club's harsh stance is admirable but I can only guess at what has been happening. I do not accept that it was all the previous heirachy's problem and knee-jerk management can only sustain so much momentum.

Draw a line in the sand by all means and prove to us that you are the people to lead us towards the much-touted 'new era'.

[end of rant]

I guess comes down one's interpretation of a Role Model or Hero.

Personally, I'll never see any sporting person in such light. To me a Role Model or Hero would be someone like A&E Doctors/Nurses, Policemen & women who go beyond the call of duty, Servicemen & women who go beyond the call of duty, Firies, Ambo's and so on. Why Sportpeople that are thrust upon a pedestal is something I'm yet to properly comprehend. They're just people who have excelled in their sport of their choice. But with that said, I don't believe sport officialdom should market sportpeople in the manner that they do either.

Also, I believe when someone is entitled to live their life how they see fit when they're on their own time (knocked off/ not working). If it's actually affecting their family life or job (addiction to alcohol, substance/s or excessive gambling), then that's a little different. But otherwise, let them be..

EDIT: I know this all should be in the other thread. But if what I'm lead to believe is true, about the AFL's 'three strike' system, it's seems to be more logical than ours. At least that way it's on par with most other industries around the country. Where (drug testing) a employee with the help of the employer gets three goes to kurb their problem. If they don't get on top of it by then, the employer has the legal right to sack the employee.

ozynorts
16-03-15, 12:01 PM
I guess comes down one's interpretation of a Role Model or Hero.

Personally, I'll never see any sporting person in such light. To me a Role Model or Hero would be someone like A&E Doctors/Nurses, Policemen & women who go beyond the call of duty, Servicemen & women who go beyond the call of duty, Firies, Ambo's and so on. Why Sportpeople that are thrust upon a pedestal is something I'm yet to properly comprehend. They're just people who have excelled in their sport of their choice. But with that said, I don't believe sport officialdom should market sportpeople in the manner that they do either.

Also, I believe when someone is entitled to live their life how they see fit when they're on their own time (knocked off/ not working). If it's actually affecting their family life or job (addiction to alcohol, substance/s or excessive gambling), then that's a little different. But otherwise, let them be..

You may not see them as role models but what about the kids. I was just speaking to a guy whose nephew's idol/hero was Dave Taylor. The kid won't wear his Taylor jumper and he is getting teased in school because he idolised him. Like it or not these players are seen as idols by the kids and if/when they screw up in public it affects more people than they realise.
It is a fact of life that if you are a high profile sportsman you will be held to a certain standard, rightly or wrongly, and if you slip up then you must accept the consequences.
As for them living their life as they see fit, go for it, but remember as their employer the NRL and the Titans have clauses in their employment contract regarding illegal substances. If the players breach their employment contract they can/will be terminated. I have worked for many companies with similar policies so rugby league is not alone in firing people who wish to "party".

karnage
16-03-15, 12:04 PM
You actually send that letter?? It's well put together.

I still don't know where I stand. I want the team to win a few games but I see where you are coming from too Titanic. I'm happy to just sit on the fence with this one.

We can beat the Knights. They have not played 80 minutes of football across two rounds. They've just hung around, hing around and won late. They'll see us as an easy mark and may look past us to their home game against the undefeated Panthers in Round 4.

Here's hoping...

Mr Stupid
16-03-15, 12:05 PM
NRL needs to make statement in wake of Knights’ cheap, dirty tactics on Johnathan Thurston

THE NRL match review committee needs to view the charges on Knights players as part of a pattern of premeditated tactics aiming at intimidating Johnathan Thurston and reducing his influence on a match.

The committee will probably see these as three separate incidents, but the repeated, heavy contacts on Thurston underline that the skilful playmakers in the NRL need more protection from the referees.

Playmakers are habitually targeted in various methods, but what the Knights forwards collectively threw at Thurston should be unacceptable to the NRL.

For everyone who hates seeing players tackled headfirst into the ground, there is hope that Beau Scott will receive a grading on Monday — and subsequent suspension — severe enough to provide a deterrent for the entire competition.

Scott was able to accept a grade one dangerous throw charge, avoiding suspension, for his role in the tackle with Blues teammate Josh Reynolds on Brent Tate in the first State of Origin game last year.

That would affect the loading of any charge he received over the lifting tackle on Thurston by Knights Scott and Chris Houston.

The decisions of referees to put on report both the lifting tackle and also Scott’s late tackle on Thurston was standard procedure, but does not provide any “in game’’ deterrent. Newcastle flew home with two competition points.

I’m not sure how the Knights could go about defending Scott’s late tackle on Thurston in the first half in Townsville should it go to the judiciary.

Scott delivered a late, forceful tackle with his shoulder into the ribs of Thurston, knocking him to the ground.

Billy Slater said on Channel 9 that late tackles on playmakers is the No. 1 problem in the game, which is a valuable player’s eye view of how common these are.

Playmakers, and former Test skipper Brad Fittler named Cooper Cronk as one, are passing more often before the line of advantage because they are wary of being late tackled and injured. This, in turn, makes their playmaking slightly easier to defend against (which suits the opposing coach just fine).

If Knights coach Rick Stone did not send his forwards out with a plan to repeatedly and intentionally make contact with Thurston then he has a team ignoring his instructions after just two games.

Stone said the tackling and pressure exerted on Thurston was “just part and parcel of competing hard’’.

The lifting tackle by Scott and Houston was a little reminiscent of the one by Josh Reynolds and Scott in the opening Origin match of 2014.

Houston’s lift of Thurston is, to be clear, is nowhere near as pronounced as Reynolds’s was of Tate (that one ended up being a 360 degree flip).

Scott finished off both tackles.

The Cowboys, who have scar tissue from their recent treatment from NRL officialdom, will fear this outcome today from the match review: no Knight is charged, but Thurston is charged for a tackle in which he caught Akuila Uate across the face as the Newcastle winger was slipping to ground.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-needs-to-make-statement-in-wake-of-knights-cheap-dirty-tactics-on-johnathan-thurston/story-fni3fbgz-1227263886869

Wish we had a playmaker worth targetting.

Toads
16-03-15, 12:09 PM
I guess I'm stuck in a different era.. I'll just take a seat 'n watch mankind and political correctness whiz on by then.

ozynorts
16-03-15, 12:24 PM
The one thing that really irks me about the term "role model" and it's use in sport is this. You often hear people trot out the old line that sports people should not be role models after there is a controversy involving them.
But what about guys like Preston Campbell? He was a professional sportsman and he is a fantastic role model for kids and the aboriginal community. Are we saying that he shouldn't be a role model??????????????????
Rant over, I think....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Toads, this isn't directed at you mate. I am just frustrated at this whole situation.
If they think they are man enough to ignore the rules of their employment contract then they should be man enough to admit they screwed up when they are caught.

- - - Updated - - -

We do mate, they target Mortimer in defence every game....

Toads
16-03-15, 12:47 PM
Fair enough, mate. If they're silly enough to potentially breach a employment contract, they probably deserve what comes their way.

I guess what I'm trying to say as bloke that has made a few poor decisions in life. I found understanding more helpful to overcoming my problems, than being crucified for my actions. And for being in that position, I can understand why some people go off the rails altogether and hold resentment to others for a long time.

Titanic
16-03-15, 01:11 PM
Might knock some sense into them.

Mods please move my previous posting and sicussion to the drug-eaters thread - I add that if they are not 'role models' then at the very least they are very public members of our organisation - peeing in public, going to court and leading a losing team!

Surfers66
16-03-15, 01:44 PM
I would be excited to see this back line this week..........

1 - Roberts
2 - Don
3 - Taylor
4 - Hoffman
5 - Mead
6 - Sezer
7 - Elgey

NSW Titan
16-03-15, 03:34 PM
Newcastle forward Beau Scott gave Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston a torrid time up in Townsville, but can escape suspension with an early plea to his Grade 1 dangerous contact (head/neck) charge.

Mexican titan
16-03-15, 04:06 PM
My opinion might not be popular but I believe they should be allowed to play. Although they have put a dark cloud on this club, they are still confident that they are not guilty. Of course they wouldn't say they were guilty but I believe that until we find out the result, they are innocent unless found otherwise. Just my thoughts..

Mate I agree with you 100%. I will be the first to say get rid of them if any of these charges are proven, however at the moment the club has nothing on these guys in terms of guilt (well they may have something now that their lawyers have provided the club with documentation but none of us know what it is). Even though these charges are more serious than Carters DUI issue the facts are nothing has been proven and people are upset with the hurt they have caused to the clubs image. Understandably but what if they have in fact done nothing. Unlike Carter where all the facts were against him and presented from day 1 and it was easy for the club to act.

ozynorts
16-03-15, 04:32 PM
The club, I don't think has much of a choice. If the NRL can let Auva'a play in the grand final whilst under a legal cloud then these guys have to be allowed to play as well until the case is decided.

Titan4Life
16-03-15, 04:47 PM
Would love to see Roberts have a crack at fullback. Having him roaming around the middle of the field with his speed and power would be amazing. My only problem with this happening is that we have no real strike on the edges other than Roberts. He is the only back we have that is giving us try scoring opportunities so taking him out of centre would leave us with no strike on the outside. That being said if we could recruit a gun centre and put him at fullback, a DCE/Roberts combo would be mouthwatering :drool:

I am expecting the same team this week but would love to see:
1. Hoffman/Roberts
2. Mead
3. Roberts/Hoffman
4. Crampton/Zillman
5. Don
6. Sezer
7. Elgey
8. Douglas
9. Moseley
10. Myles
11. James
12. Taylor
13. Bird

14. Paasi
15. Pettybourne
16. Ioane
17. Mortimer/Burr

Show and Go
16-03-15, 05:40 PM
Roberts at fullback is the best of both world for him and us. His defence would be less of a worry and he would get more ball in space which could produce something special.

gotitans101_
16-03-15, 07:01 PM
If there's one team I'd love to beat this year it is the Knights, can't stand them. Someone needs to do to Jeremy Smith and Beau Scott what they tried to do to Thurston last week, dogs.

teke
17-03-15, 03:50 AM
I expect 2015 fan team lists to equal the insane height that 2011 reached

Hail Sezer
17-03-15, 05:46 AM
TLT...Come on Neil, pull the trigger...pleasantly surprise us with your teamlist pls.

Titan4Life
17-03-15, 07:09 AM
TLT...Come on Neil, pull the trigger...pleasantly surprise us with your teamlist pls.

Not expecting any changes but will be keeping my fingers crossed that Henry is not Carty 2.0 (okay maybe not that bad). Surely he has the brains to realise moving Hoffy to fullback, LG to halfback and Mortimer to the bench is best for the team.

Toads
17-03-15, 07:30 AM
He's probably holding off long as possible to find out whether Bird, Falloon 'n Taylor are available, or not.

5 Year Contract
17-03-15, 07:46 AM
suspended players will be back at training today....so says my *inside word* (cue spooky music)

Bayside Titan
17-03-15, 09:30 AM
suspended players will be back at training today....so says my *inside word* (cue spooky music)

Who's that Paddy Kilmurry on Twitter???

Bayside Titan
17-03-15, 01:30 PM
So if Bird and Taylor are allowed back my bench would be
14. Passi
15. Taylor
16. Bird
17. Elgey

- - - Updated - - -

So if Bird and Taylor are allowed back my bench would be
14. Passi
15. Taylor
16. Bird
17. Elgey

I would assume that the starting 13 wouldn't change.

Bayside Titan
17-03-15, 01:43 PM
@balym_CMail: Beau Falloon, Dave Taylor & Greg Bird immediately reinstated to Titans starting team this week. Josh Hoffman to start fullback.

Show and Go
17-03-15, 02:10 PM
Terrible decision by Neil Henry if all 3 are in the starting 13 IMO. Really bad if he even bothers with Falloon who is rubbish. At least we have Hoffman at fullback though which is a positive.

Squinter98
17-03-15, 02:10 PM
I was really hoping we had seen the last of Falloon, but oh well, expecting nothing less then the best game of their careers.

Jonathonbcode
17-03-15, 02:29 PM
It's going to be irritating if they are ALL found guilty, later on in the year or whenever the next court case is.

Titanic Believer
17-03-15, 02:39 PM
oh well...sigh.....humph......I guess we won't know what sort of team we have this year until these guys get their chance. If in a few games there is no improvement then time to give the young fellows more opportunities. I am not a coach, I don't see them train, Neil has to do what he thinks best, he is ultimately responsible for on field performance and player development....

Toads
17-03-15, 02:46 PM
Just one of those situations to where they're (management) damned if they do, or damned if they don't.

You can't keep losing games like last week, 'n yet we can't have this sort of controversy surrounding the Club. For once, I actually feel sorry for the situation the management is in..

Show and Go
17-03-15, 03:19 PM
This club is no hope when coaches continue to select blokes like Zillman, Mortimer and Falloon. Just dreadful from Henry. A sad state of affairs when Falloon when the best player of the season as well.

teke
17-03-15, 03:31 PM
Falloon is a massive upgrade on srama and a much needed defensive upgrade on moss.

I'd be putting him 17th man

lonegull
17-03-15, 03:43 PM
Hoffman at fullback finally

NSW Titan
17-03-15, 03:43 PM
All 3 in the starting lineup Hoffman and Zillman swap pettybourne, white, simpkins and mosely make up the bench

Titanic
17-03-15, 03:44 PM
Just one of those situations to where they're (management) damned if they do, or damned if they don't.

You can't keep losing games like last week, 'n yet we can't have this sort of controversy surrounding the Club. For once, I actually feel sorry for the situation the management is in..
Totally agree, however I must add that judging from previous experience with the same squad, these inclusions won't change the team's performance very much.

Falloon is a massive upgrade on srama and a much needed defensive upgrade on moss.

I'd be putting him 17th man
Me too but in fairness to Moseley, he would have been eased in off the bench if there hadn't been the issues that arose.

Toads
17-03-15, 03:49 PM
Totally agree, however I must add that judging from previous experience with the same squad, these inclusions won't change the team's performance very much.

Agreed.

timor 2
17-03-15, 04:04 PM
Titans
1 Josh Hoffman (Norths Junior Devils)
2 Anthony Don (Grafton Ghosts)
3 James Roberts (La Perouse Panthers)
4 William Zillman (Rochedale Brothers)
5 David Mead (Marist Brothers Rams)
6 Aidan Sezer (Easts Hills Bulldogs)
7 Daniel Mortimer (Orange Cyms)
8 Luke Douglas (Yamba Dolphins)
9 Beau Falloon (Cloncurry Bulls)
10 Nate Myles (c) (Southern Suburbs)
11 Ryan James (Bilambil Jets)
12 Dave Taylor (Blackwater Crushers)
13 Greg Bird (West Maitland)

Interchange
14 Eddy Pettybourne (Mascot Jets)
15 Matt White (Inverell Hawks)
16 Ryan Simpkins (Currumbin)
17 Kieran Moseley (Cloncurry Bulls)

Coach: Neil Henry

JunctionBlock
17-03-15, 04:04 PM
And Mortimer retains his spot and Paasi loses his. At least Zillman moved.

Titanic
17-03-15, 04:17 PM
And Mortimer retains his spot and Paasi looses his. At least Zillman moved.
I already moaned that White would come in as soon as he was fit and yet Simpkins somehow stays, well FMD ... plus Falloon comes from Cloncurry? (in his dreams).

Titanic Believer
17-03-15, 04:20 PM
It would be interesting to know why Simpkins got the nod for the bench. More versatile and mobile than some of the bigger men?
I hope Hoffman gets the chance to play the full game at fullback and start to get some rhythm and timing going. Otherwise all is as expected..

TITAN PETE
17-03-15, 05:15 PM
White & Mortimer must have that same video of the goat that Henderson had....

Passi should have been in the 17 & I would've stuck with Mosely starting... Glad to see Zillman hand back the number 1 jersey he has never deserved..

Wouldn't have picked Bird but he'll probably have a man of the match performance

5 Year Contract
17-03-15, 06:45 PM
A better selection but we will not be the team we need to be until Zillman, Falloon, Mortimer are out of the starting side. White instead of Paasi?? Dreaming there Henry. Sezer needs to step his game up im still hoping he gets poached and we get a DCE and Elgey pairing next year

Davis13
17-03-15, 07:09 PM
Imo we can't expect a lot of changes just yet we need to give henry time to get the team he fits with. And personally I'm just happy that some changes (even if little) have been made. Faloon over srama is good and surprised over passi being dropped but let's
Just hope king has a plan. As for the accused drug boys I am happy for them to play as we need to start winning games
To get fans back and also get a sponsor, but in saying that if they are found guilty feed them to the pigs...

Toads
17-03-15, 07:18 PM
After viewing the paddock (on TV) that they're training on these days. I wouldn't think much defensive/tackling practice would be going on. If that's the case, I'd find that quite concerning.

DavidBouveng
17-03-15, 07:35 PM
i think moving Zillman after 2 rounds is about as good as we could hope for. he let him train off season, and give two full games just so that no one could reasonably say Zill deserved to keep it, and Zilman himself knows he was given a fair crack. and he made the right cal thats 5 years overdue. i salute you Mr Henry.

The forwards were always going to come back in, so as long the pack is selected each week based on form and who deserves it, then im ok with that.

Our only real weakness is halves... If Elgey came in over next few weeks... then that 17, with some input from the fringe forwards getting a game would be a team i could agree with until Chez lands.

Titanic
17-03-15, 07:54 PM
I just can't get Zillman at centre. He is a fairdinkum liability. Anybody want to guess the penalty count with an under-done Bird and Taylor plus Myles and James on the same field? 12+

Mullen will eat Mortimer and those deft little kicks are freaking me out right now ... no it's not, this is a rebuilding year :)

Hail Sezer
17-03-15, 08:36 PM
Hoff at fb is good

White over Paasi I do not understand and Simpkins nabbing the spot over Burr I am a little puzzled as well, although judging by the team naming video I think that Neil wants as much experience out there as he can get

karnage
18-03-15, 09:54 AM
White is a really honest player. I get that Paasi has been good through the first two rounds but I'd take the proven commodity over him at the moment - he deserves his spot. Paasi is where we need him right now, fit and ready to come into the squad to cover injury/suspension/incarceration.

Good to see Hoffman at fullback. I like the look of him. I honestly believe that he can be a part of a successful Titans side in 2016/2017. Same with Roberts. He's our centre. He may not be Steve Menzies in defence but he is young and just needs time and regular first grade football.

I also think it is good timing for the drug triad to be reentering the squad. We have set a platform through two rounds of being tough to beat at home and competitive for less than 80 minutes on the road. Let's see if the team can maintain that identity with the inclusion of the 'stars'. If genuine toughness at home is all I get from 2015 I'll be OK with that, we can not revert to the weak as p!ss home performances that last years team subjected us to.

Titanic
18-03-15, 08:20 PM
Couldn't have said it better K … a decent dig each week will do me, followed by a quality rant on here will get me through this year.

Supergoose
18-03-15, 11:04 PM
I reckon we can get win number one for 2015 this weekend. Will be very interested to see how this side goes. I'm disappointed for Burr and Paasi and hanging out for Elgey and Crampton to get a run.

karnage
19-03-15, 09:21 PM
I reckon we can get win number one for 2015 this weekend. Will be very interested to see how this side goes. I'm disappointed for Burr and Paasi and hanging out for Elgey and Crampton to get a run.

I honestly do too Goose. We are well found in the market at only $2.20 which is disappointing!!

Davis13
19-03-15, 09:36 PM
Yea I agree I too can't wait for elgey and crampton, I am very curious to see elgeys
Transition to first grade and was hoping he would get a run over Mortimer.

Titanic Believer
19-03-15, 10:08 PM
If we get blitzed on the right side again for a third game in a row, we will have to make some changes but what are the options? good defensive centres don't grow on trees?

Titanic
19-03-15, 11:14 PM
Leilua will eat Roberts, Mead and Mortimer.

teke
20-03-15, 01:28 AM
If we get blitzed on the right side again for a third game in a row, we will have to make some changes but what are the options? good defensive centres don't grow on trees?the problem is and has been for the last few yrs numbering up from the Middle which is one of the FBs main job, he's gotta talk !

The next big problem is Mortimer going low way too early, he's getting trounced way to easy, Scott prince wasn't exactly a brick wall but he stood tall and made smart defensive reads.

DIEHARD
20-03-15, 05:14 AM
Gold Coast Titans v Newcastle Knights
Cbus Super Stadium
Sunday, 5.30pm (Qld time)

The Newcastle Knights have made the perfect start to their 2015 campaign with surprise back-to-back wins, but they'll face a tough task staying undefeated on the Gold Coast on Sunday against a Titans team boosted by the return of three first-choice starters.

Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon have each been rushed back into the Titans' starting team after the club reinstated them to the playing group as they await court proceedings on drugs charges, to which they have each pled not guilty.

On the back of a 40-0 thumping by the Panthers, the inclusion of two current Origin stars and the club's reigning player of the year could not have come at a better time for coach Neil Henry and how these players respond – both physically and mentally – after three weeks away from the team will be telling.

Newcastle's mantra over the first two weeks of the season has been 'more will than skill' and it has carried them to the top rungs of the ladder with gritty wins over the Warriors and Cowboys.

Trailing 14-0 against a desperate Cowboys team last Saturday there appeared no way back for the Knights but on the back of some enterprising play by the backs and uncompromising defence by the forwards they clawed their way to a 16-14 win.

The Knights have already proven in a fortnight that they are a resilient group full of character; as the Titans approach a full-strength team for the first time this year it's time to get a more accurate gauge of what they are truly made of.

In addition to the returns of Bird, Taylor and Falloon, prop Matthew White is back from a hamstring injury on the bench while Josh Hoffman will start at fullback for the first time for his new club.

The only change to the Knights is the inclusion of the crafty Tyler Randell on a five-man bench that also includes Chris Houston, David Fa'alogo, Jack Stockwell and Sione Mata'utia.

Watch Out Titans: The physical intimidation may come in the middle but it's the Knights' willingness to shift the ball to their edges that is causing opposition defences the greatest problem over the opening two rounds. In Dane Gagai and Joseph Leilua the Knights have two of the top 15 metre-eaters in the competition while Sione Mata'utia and Akuila Uate are both averaging in excess of 130 metres per game in running metres. If the Titans' edge defence is not water-tight they will find themselves going backwards at a rate of knots for long periods of the game.

Watch Out Knights: The first and only time prior to last Saturday that the Titans were kept to zero was in Round 25 last year against the Warriors when they were hammered 42-0; a week later they defeated eventual runners-up the Bulldogs 19-18 at home. It's a tenuous positive to draw from a 40-0 thumping by the Panthers last weekend but as one of only four teams to start the season 0-2 the Titans need to bounce back and bounce back hard.

Key Match-Up: Greg Bird v Jeremy Smith. If there were two modern-day forwards who could be transported back to the 1970s and hold their own it would be the two locks opposing each other on Sunday. Their no frills, no nonsense approach to the game endears them to their teammates and brings the blood of opposition fans to the boil. Stats don't do these men justice as it is the intensity with which they make their runs and execute their tackles that has the greatest impact on how a much plays out. You've got to win the middle to win the game and these two will be at each other all game to ensure it is their team that is victorious.

History: Played 12; Titans 5; Knights 7.

The Titans kept their faint finals hopes alive with a 22-8 win over the Knights in Newcastle in Round 19 last year amid emotional scenes for Rise For Alex Round with injured Newcastle forward Alex McKinnon in attendance as a special guest. In five previous visits to face the Titans on the Gold Coast the Knights have returned home victorious on three occasions, including the past two meetings at Robina.

What Are The Odds: Titans ($2.45) v Knights ($1.55)

The Knights opened as $1.98 outsiders but back-to-back wins to start the season has seen them shorten into $1.55 favourites against a Titans side that's yet to register a victory. The money is running 9 to 1 in favour of the Knights with Sportsbet and nearly all of the bets at the line have been with Newcastle giving away a 5.5 points start. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au

Did You Know? The Knights' entry into the competition in 1988 coincided with that of the Gold Coast Giants and it was the Giants who recorded the first away win in their history in a 9-0 slugfest at Newcastle International Sports Centre. The Giants had not yet played before a crowd the size of the 15,020 who turned up that day with a Ben Gonzales try the only four-pointer of the match. By season's end, the Knights had finished one point ahead of the Giants on the competition ladder.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 6.30pm (AEDT).

Match Officials: Referee: Adam Devcich; Assistant Referee: Gavin Reynolds; Touch Judges: Michael Wise and Brett Suttor; Video Referees: Gavin Badger and Ben Galea.

The Way We See It: The Knights have shown a ton of character to register two first-up wins over the Warriors and Cowboys but after a brave effort in Round 1 the Titans were well off the pace last weekend. This will be a rough and tumble affair in the middle but the class of Newcastle's backs has the potential to make it another long evening for Gold Coast fans. Knights by 16.

http://www.nrl.com/

DavidBouveng
20-03-15, 11:45 AM
the problem is and has been for the last few yrs numbering up from the Middle which is one of the FBs main job, he's gotta talk !

The next big problem is Mortimer going low way too early, he's getting trounced way to easy, Scott prince wasn't exactly a brick wall but he stood tall and made smart defensive reads.

and before mortimer it was alby staying to far in, making Jamal chase in THEN out again. Jamal did well to stop as many as he did.

5 Year Contract
20-03-15, 02:33 PM
I wonder if they will have DT defending out wide again to stiffen us up a bit out there

Max
20-03-15, 05:08 PM
I wonder if they will have DT defending out wide again to stiffen us up a bit out there

People can say what they think about big Dave, however when he is on. he puts the fear into opposition back lines. Dave and Ryano belting them out wide could be the deciding factor in a titans win.

Bayside Titan
20-03-15, 05:22 PM
People can say what they think about big Dave, however when he is on. he puts the fear into opposition back lines. Dave and Ryano belting them out wide could be the deciding factor in a titans win.

Could not agree more. James is starting to get used to running out wide. Just need his combination with the outside backs on his side to improve.

DavidBouveng
20-03-15, 06:56 PM
one of the bigger changes is luke douglas' passing at the line. he passed as often as he hit it up last week. 8 passes and 8 hit ups out of 16 carries.

most were behind the next player to a sweeping player. he wasn't as convincing as James Graham at it, but he will get better and he actually has good skills. But Ricky Stuart and Carty swept them under the carpet for a long time.

DIEHARD
20-03-15, 09:24 PM
NRL PREVIEW: Titans v Knights

The Titans have a stronger team, and plenty of incentive in front of home crowd on Sunday, to show some of the character that was evident last they clashed with the Newcastle Knights last season and came away with 22-8 victory at Hunter Stadium in the ‘Rise for Alex’ round.

This clash is much earlier in the season but the circumstances are somewhat similar.

It was round 19 and the Titans had several key players out and had lost six of the previous seven games but players like Dave Taylor, Daniel Mortimer, Anthony Don and James Roberts stood up during the absence of Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison, Aidan Sezer, Albert Kelly, Will Zillman, Ryan James and others and came away with a victory that coach John Cartwright regarded as one of the best of his long stint at the club.

It’s only round three but after two losses during a dramatic period for the club, the Titans desperately need a big performance on Sunday for the two competition points available, confidence and credibility.

Certainly the return of Bird, Taylor, Beau Falloon and Matt White gives the pack far more experience, size and aggression but that will be needed against a Newcastle side that has begun the season with impressive wins against the Warriors and Cowboys. After winning the last two games of 2014 that means the Knights are on a four-match winning streak and are a team on the improve.

A fit skipper Kurt Gidley’s combination with halves Jarrod Mullen and Tyrone Roberts is a danger, as is the impact of centres Dane Gagai and Joey Leilua, wingers James McManus and Akuila Uate and a tough, physical pack.

Taylor’s return gives the Titans good impact runners on each edge (Taylor right, James left), while Falloon is a noted low-error defender and White and Bird add good aggressive metre makers and defenders.

However, failing to keep possession and trying to over-play with the ball in the attacking zone has been the Titans’ downfall and that is where coach Neil Henry needs improvement. The Titans have completed at just 68 per cent against the Tigers and an appalling 50 per cent against the Panthers, although the Knights have been at a modest 73 per cent in each of their first two matches.

“We’ve got more size and experience in the pack with the four players returning but our focus is obvious this game – to play a lot smarter and with a lot more patience in possession,” said coach Henry.

“We held the ball only twice in our last six sets against the Tigers when the game was there to be won at 18-all, coming up with errors at their end of the field which gave them the opportunity to work into good field position and Pat Richards to kick a field goal in the last seconds.

“We could have easily been 12-0 up after 10 minutes against the Panthers in Bathurst but some calls went against us and we found ourselves 8-0 behind at half-time.

“The second half started with James Roberts making an explosive break down the right edge and he found David Mead inside with four players in support but unfortunately the ball went to Penrith and an opportunity was lost.

“It could have been 8-6 five minutes into the second half. But it wasn’t and from then we continued to turn the ball over and at one stage failed to complete five straight sets, which makes it impossible to build any pressure on the opposition’s defensive line. Under a mountain of possession Penrith went on to score six unanswered tries in the last 35 minutes.

“Our completions were poor at 50 per cent. We completed only 16 of 32 sets and three from our 11 in the second half. That meant we had only had 37 per cent to their 63 per cent possession; you can’t win with those stats at any level.

“However, our attack has shown some real enterprise at times, and we’ve been unlucky that when we’ve gone through the defensive line we haven’t converted it into good field position and points - because our passing or handling has gone astray.

“The Knights have started with two wins and are very physical in the middle and have plenty to throw at you out wide, so we must improve to be in the match. But I feel we have a better balanced side and we have plenty of incentive to get our first win of the season in front of a home crowd.”

The Knights have certainly had the upper hand with clashes between the two sides in the previous eight seasons and traditionally these clashes are hard fought.

HEAD TO HEAD: 12 games – Knights 7, Titans 5.

AT CBUS SUPER STADIUM: 7 games – Knights 4, Titans 3.

Last time we met: Rd 19, 2014 – Titans 22, Knights 8

The teams:

TITANS: Hoffman, Don, Roberts, Zillman, Mead, Sezer, Mortimer, Douglas, Falloon, Myles (capt), James, Taylor, Bird. Interchange: Pettybourne, White, Simpkins, Moseley.

KNIGHTS: Gidley (capt), McManus, Gagai, Leilua, Uate, Mullen, Roberts, Snowden, Clydesdale, K. Sims, Scott, Rochow, Smith. Interchange: Randell, Houston, Fa’alogo, Stockwell.

MATCH OFFICIALS: Referees – Adam Devcich, Gavin Reynolds. Video refs: Gavin Badger, Ben Galea.

Kick-off: 5.30pm (Qld)

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/03/20/nrl_preview_titans_v.html

DIEHARD
21-03-15, 03:19 PM
Tickets: CLICK HERE FOR TITANS v KNIGHTS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0315)

DIEHARD
21-03-15, 03:33 PM
Returning stars a boost for Titans

Gold Coast coach Neil Henry believes the mood at his embattled club has lifted with a trio of stars returning from club-imposed suspensions to play Newcastle.

Winless this season and coming off the back of 40-0 hiding, Gold Coast coach Neil Henry knows the return of stars Greg Bird and Dave Taylor couldn't have come at a better time for the Titans.

State of Origin representatives Bird and Taylor, along with reigning player of the year Beau Falloon, will all make their first start of the 2015 campaign on Sunday against Newcastle after having club-imposed suspensions lifted earlier in the week.

The trio, along with outside backs Kalifa Faifai Loa and Jamie Dowling, had been sidelined for the past month after being caught up in the NRL club's cocaine scandal.

Henry says the lift given by having the players back among the ranks had helped ensure the mood following last weekend's flogging by Penrith didn't carry over into this weekend's game.

"There's a lot of experience coming back into the team with the three players that are starting, a lot of NRL experience, a lot of games. That's lifted the team as well," Henry said.

The coach expects all three to be underdone when it comes to their match fitness but says having the physical impact of Bird and Taylor will be crucial against a tough Knights pack.

NSW Origin star Beau Scott, along with Kiwi veteran Jeremy Smith, have come in for criticism during the week after a borderline targeting of North Queensland five-eighth Johnathan Thurston last weekend.

Scott was slapped with a grade one dangerous contact to the head or neck charge following that game but will be available after taking the early plea.

Henry said there's no doubt the Titans must prepare for another physical battle on Sunday.

"They've got some old heads in their side with Scott and Jeremy Smith," Henry said.

"They like to play a physical game through the middle. (Kade) Snowden has been very good for them as well and young (Korbin) Sims."

Henry said he had no issue with the Knights' tactics, so long as they kept it on the right side of the law.

"As Daniel Mortimer said in the press before, that comes with the territory," he said.

"No-one can condone foul play. If it's late or it's high you expect it to be dealt with but you're going to get tackled occasionally."

The only other change for the Titans is the return of Matt White on the bench from a hamstring injury while William Zillman and Josh Hoffman have swapped their positions in the backline.

Hoffman has moved to fullback while Zillman slots in at centre.

The unbeaten Knights have stuck with a winning formula, only adding Tyler Randall to a five-man bench for a second straight trip to Queensland.

MATCH STATS

* Gold Coast haven't lost their opening three matches of an NRL campaign since 2011, the year they finished with the wooden spoon.

* Titans recruit Josh Hoffman will be taking on his cousin and Knights star Dane Gagai, while Knights' backrower Robbie Rochow is Titan Greg Bird's brother-in-law.

* Knights winger James McManus loves scoring against the Titans, he's got 11 tries in 10 games against the Gold Coast.

* Newcastle have three wins from four trips to CBUS Super Stadium.

http://www.sbs.com.au/

Squinter98
21-03-15, 05:10 PM
Finally! No Steve Clarke as Video Ref!

Mexican titan
21-03-15, 08:39 PM
What's the lowest crowd the Titans have ever had at Robina?

DavidBouveng
21-03-15, 09:07 PM
about 6500 last year on a monday night

Mexican titan
21-03-15, 09:29 PM
titans to lose by 50, the decision to play drug cheats is a disgrace

Mate I see it's your second post here and I gather you are trolling..........but just in case you have been under a rock, the players haven't been found guilty of anything as yet.

- - - Updated - - -

about 6500 last year on a monday night

Hopefully we can beat that tomorrow but it will be close I reckon.

K2G
21-03-15, 09:44 PM
I can't wait to see what our coach is made of over the next few weeks. Shuffling players around positions just to keep them in the 13, and putting reputation ahead of performance are short term strategies at best. Can King do what Carty couldn't and pull the trigger??

Titanic
21-03-15, 11:09 PM
Posted in the Cows LU thread that our two coaches are interchangeable … I'm not counting Greeny in that ;)

DIEHARD
22-03-15, 01:28 AM
Gold Coast Titans' spirits lifted by return of Greg Bird and Dave Taylor

Winless this season and following a 40-0 hiding at the hands of Penrith, Gold Coast coach Neil Henry knows the return of Greg Bird and Dave Taylor couldn't have come at a better time for the Titans.

State of Origin representatives Bird and Taylor, along with reigning player of the year Beau Falloon, will make their first start of this year's campaign on Sunday against Newcastle after having club-imposed suspensions lifted earlier in the week.

The trio, along with outside backs Kalifa Faifai Loa and Jamie Dowling, had been sidelined for the past month after being caught up in the club's cocaine scandal.

Henry said the lift provided by having the players back among the ranks had helped ensure the mood following last weekend's flogging by the Panthers didn't carry over into this weekend's game.

"There's a lot of experience coming back into the team with the three players that are starting, a lot of NRL experience, a lot of games. That's lifted the team as well," he said.

The coach expects all three to be underdone with regard to match fitness but says having the physical impact of Bird and Taylor will be crucial against a tough Knights pack.

NSW Origin player Beau Scott and Kiwi veteran Jeremy Smith came in for criticism during the week after a borderline targeting of North Queensland five-eighth Johnathan Thurston last weekend.

Scott was slapped with a grade one dangerous contact to the head or neck charge following that game but will be available after taking the early plea.

Henry said there was no doubt the Titans must prepare for another physical battle on Sunday.

"They've got some old heads in their side with Scott and Jeremy Smith," he said.

"They like to play a physical game through the middle. [Kade] Snowden has been very good for them as well and young [Korbin] Sims."

The coach said he had no issue with the Knights' tactics, so long as they kept it on the right side of the law.

"As Daniel Mortimer said in the press before, that comes with the territory," he said.

"No one can condone foul play. If it's late or it's high, you expect it to be dealt with but you're going to get tackled occasionally."

The only other change for the Titans is the return of Matt White on the bench from a hamstring injury while William Zillman and Josh Hoffman have swapped their positions in the back line.

Hoffman has moved to fullback and Zillman will slot in at centre.

The unbeaten Knights have stuck with a winning formula, only adding Tyler Randall to a five-man bench for a second straight trip to Queensland.

MATCH STATS

Gold Coast haven't lost their opening three matches of an NRL campaign since 2011, the year they finished with the wooden spoon.

Titans recruit Josh Hoffman will be taking on his cousin and Knights star Dane Gagai, while Knights' back-rower Robbie Rochow is Titan Greg Bird's brother-in-law.

Knights winger James McManus loves scoring against the Titans – he has got 11 tries in 10 games against them.
Newcastle have three wins from four trips to Cbus Super Stadium.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/]

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 08:27 AM
Bring your raincoats it's looking like rain all day & night

Show and Go
22-03-15, 10:34 AM
I feel like this is a game we might be able to win but gee the Knights backline could easily tear us to shreds.

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 03:28 PM
Ground is getting ripped up already in the 20's

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 03:30 PM
Carty scores for 20's

4-0

Conditions sound awful

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 03:41 PM
Coleman scores

We're up 10-0

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 04:00 PM
10-0 at halftime

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 04:03 PM
Carty & Lawton are having blinders in such poor conditions

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 04:25 PM
The rain has stopped but we look to have lost Hudson & Lawton to injuries, bench looking thin with 26 to go 10-0

Titanic
22-03-15, 04:36 PM
We want our pigs in the mud and their backs out of the game.

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 04:38 PM
20's down to a 1 man bench

If we can come back to win this one then we've done bloody well

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 04:58 PM
We fought back from a 10-19 deficit to make it 18-19 with kick to come on the hooter. Unfortunately missed but still a tremendous effort from the team.

Our 20's are the real deal this year it seems

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 04:58 PM
Great effort by the 20s boys to only lose by 1 with all the injuries. Better luck next time.

Titanic
22-03-15, 05:09 PM
This will be my first 'live' game this year … can't wait.

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 05:09 PM
The boys were broken but showed a lot of fight, one change next week should D Schwass

ozynorts
22-03-15, 05:11 PM
Just watching the "live" game on ch9 until our game starts.

Squinter98
22-03-15, 05:12 PM
How is the weather at the moment?

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 05:17 PM
How is the weather at the moment?

Rain has stopped for now...

The team is warming up & looking very focused, Bird has that Origin look about him today, I hope that's how he plays

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 05:21 PM
The boys were broken but showed a lot of fight, one change next week should D Schwass

Yeah bring in iceman, coolest head you'll ever see. Dudes composure is next level

gotitans101_
22-03-15, 05:28 PM
I don't know how the 3 guys returning could be in the right frame of mind coming into this one tbh.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 05:46 PM
Is Don, is good!

- - - Updated - - -

Mead is absolutely smashing guys. Just got to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

Toads
22-03-15, 05:49 PM
Gifted Try of the year..

C-Whiz
22-03-15, 05:56 PM
That's it, time to go Zillion. Sh1t read, rushing in, no idea. Just go. Had enough.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 05:56 PM
How the hell was that a try for Gagai???? Knock on everyday of the week.

lonegull
22-03-15, 06:00 PM
Wonder why u keep paying membership with referee decisions like that why support a game where the referees are that inept they are a joke and a disgrace the NRL needs to take action or fans will be leaving in droves

- - - Updated - - -

Zillman having a blinder for the Knights

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 06:14 PM
God Henry is bloody Cartwroght 2.0. Zillman at fullback again and as usual he is helping out the opposition.

gotitans101_
22-03-15, 06:17 PM
get rid of Zillman ffs.

lonegull
22-03-15, 06:18 PM
What a pass by zillman straight to Gagai sets up another two points for Knights zillman absolutely carving the Titans up

ozynorts
What a pass Zill????????????????????????????????? He gets moved from centre because he can't defend there and then this cr4p

Titan4Life
Zillman has to go and Neil Henry has to grow a brain. Seriously how ******ed can you be Zillman??? Passing straight to the opposition ffs

ozynorts
22-03-15, 06:20 PM
Honestly if Henry can't see that the guy isn't up to standard I am going to start losing faith in him.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 06:21 PM
What the hell do coaches see in Zill****????

lonegull
22-03-15, 06:22 PM
What a shambles the titans are, if king is a coach he will making a few changes next week, our attack is non existent and Mortimer tries hard in defence but our attack is woeful with him guiding around park

One positive Moseley is the only player I ritans colours that looks like breaking or creating something

DavidBouveng
22-03-15, 06:26 PM
What a shambles the titans are, if king is a coach he will making a few changes next week, our attack is non existent and Mortimer tries hard in defence but our attack is woeful with him guiding around park

One positive Moseley is the only player I ritans colours that looks like breaking or creating something

Mosely looks sharp, and Mead was making double efforts all over the place early on shutting stuff down. big effort from him.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 06:27 PM
Mortimer and Zilly have to go. How guys like Li, Crampton and LG are sitting on the sidelines after performing well in QCUP is ridiculous.

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 06:28 PM
If Mortimer isn't the worst no7 in the game can anyone tell me who is ?

Zillman went back to fullback because he's a shyte centre & that genius pass what can u say...

Now it's pissing down again

K2G
22-03-15, 06:31 PM
Mead has been our best fullback from the wing tonight ...
I lol'd hard @ zillman's pass. What a joke.

Titanic
22-03-15, 06:34 PM
I have had Knights fans from all over the Pacific ringing me to lol … WTF.

In fact, I was happy to write this off as a rebuilding year but that means trying something different … not the same idiots making the same mistakes.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 06:38 PM
Nice work Sezer. Good bomb and chase. Puting up the high ball will be the speciality in this weather. I know who Newcastle will be targeting....

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 06:44 PM
Sezer putting in

NSW Titan
22-03-15, 06:51 PM
Too bad our kick chase is non existent

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 06:52 PM
Zillman is actually the dumbest player I've ever seen. Just offloaded the ball 10 metres back in our 10 metre zone. SURELY HE HAS TO GO!

Titanic
22-03-15, 06:56 PM
Roberts must have done Mortimer's girlfriend … he just won't pass to him.

Stalks
22-03-15, 07:00 PM
Sezer Titans Man Of The Match for mine...

Toads
Aiden is having a blinder. Best game out of him to date. Really impressed with him chasing his own kicks down.

Titan4Life
AIDAN SEZER YOU LEGEND! Must admit Mortimer deserves credit for the pass and so does Simpkins.

C'mon boys!

Stalks
22-03-15, 07:05 PM
Mortimer to Q Cup...muppet

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:06 PM
Mortimer OUT Elgey IN

Zillman OUT Crampton/Li IN

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 07:06 PM
Well done Mortimer making sure we offer the opposition a chance to steal it

Stalks
22-03-15, 07:08 PM
Why oh why is Elgey in Q Cup????

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 07:08 PM
Zilly following up every bad mistake with a good play. Thinking he will finish with a C- passing grade tonight

- - - Updated - - -

AND THAT RIGHT THERE FOLKS IS WHY HOFFY SHOULD BE FULLBACK

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:09 PM
Great try saver by Hoffy!!!

Zillman would have missed him and wiped out Mead in the process.

NSW Titan
22-03-15, 07:09 PM
Great tackle Hoffman

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 07:10 PM
dammit Mortimer, damn you to hell. why!!!????

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:10 PM
Mortimer just kicked it out on the full again..ffs that has to be the nail in the coffin. Surely he has to be out??

NSW Titan
22-03-15, 07:11 PM
Mortimer is giving them the game here

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 07:12 PM
geeze we are lucky there for gods sake Bird absolutely no need there

Hail Sezer
22-03-15, 07:12 PM
Morts must have seen LG's performance for Tweed today #nervous

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:16 PM
Taylor on report instead of Bird :laugh: :laugh:

Devcich you are a knob :laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Jeremy Smith just went through a massive hole. Game might be done.

Stalks
22-03-15, 07:17 PM
Bird, again...FFS!!!!!:fight:

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 07:19 PM
Looks like another game lost for some poor discipline. Just undoing any good work one of our better games.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:19 PM
WHY THE **** DID JAMES GET IT ON LAST TACKLE?!?!

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 07:20 PM
Pathetic...

gotitans101_
22-03-15, 07:22 PM
Hook Morts blood LG.

Stalks
22-03-15, 07:22 PM
Time to go and throw up...

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 07:23 PM
Can Zillman and Mortimer just GO AWAY? I went for the Blues during the hard years with those dodgy selections and it feels like the same nightmare all over again...

Show and Go
22-03-15, 07:24 PM
Stitched up by the refs again. FFS give us a fair go. At least the boys are having a crack at home games despite having 1 armed tied behind their backs by the officials.

teke
22-03-15, 07:25 PM
That was a horror show of bad kicking, passing etc etc

ozynorts
The last two sets we had with the ball highlighted what we are missing. A DOMINANT half that can direct the team around when the game is on the line.
2016 can't come quick enough.

Show and Go
If Henry has a clue he has Moseley starting next week and Mortimer and Zillman dropped.

Squinter98
22-03-15, 07:26 PM
If Henry doesnt swing the Axe i WILL!

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 07:27 PM
I don't get how the GC Titans staff doesn't understand why the crowds are dwindling..

You have a player like Mortimer and another one in Zillman who are extremely average. Jesus. Can you just dump them to QCup already?

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:27 PM
What a disappointing loss :( There were some shocking ref calls (Gagai try, no advantage etc) but we had poor discipline with the ball.

-Surely Mortimer and Zillman have to be gone?? We have guys like Li, Crampton and most importantly LG carving up in QCUP and players like Zillman and Mortimer are gifting opposition teams wins. Mortimer kicking out on the full 2 times in the final minutes is unforgivable and Zillman passing to the opposition and making other silly decisions is not first grader standard (probs not U8s standard either).

-Sezer showed a lot of heart tonight and was one of the only players giving it 110% effort.

-The returning players actually played solidly. Bird did little wrong besides 1 or 2 penalties and Taylor didn't drop the ball but could have been more involved. Falloon was solid in defence but Mosley offers so much more in attack.

-Roberts had a quiet game but he should have been given the ball more. Mortimer rarely passed out there tonight which limited his opportunities.

-Hoffman showed he needs to be fullback. The try saver he pulled off on Leilua was awesome and we looked improved with him at the back.

-Did I mention that Zillman and Mortimer need to go??? Seriously if Henry doesn't realise this then he literally is Cartwright 2.0

Titanic
22-03-15, 07:28 PM
Well fcuk me dead! How many ways can you fcuk yourself.

Mortimer, Zillman, Myles and Bird are just walking liabilities. James is not a wide running forward and why oh why are Mead and Roberts even on the field, the poor lonely blokes?

Totally disgusted by the lack of leadership and tactics … this is the week where we find out whether Henry has a pair.

Played well: Sezer, Don, Moseley, Douglas, James, Taylor.
Played okay: Hoffman, Simpkins, Pettybourne, Falloon.
Played poorly: Bird, Myles, White.
Played well for the Knights: Zillman, Mortimer.
Weren't given even 1/2 a chance: Roberts and Mead.

gotitans101_
22-03-15, 07:30 PM
I don't get how the GC Titans staff doesn't understand why the crowds are dwindling..

You have a player like Mortimer and another one in Zillman who are extremely average. Jesus. Can you just dump them to QCup already?

But they're nice blokes, didn't you hear?

Show and Go
22-03-15, 07:33 PM
Elgey simply has to come in for Mortimer. Henry is cracking jokes if he continues to persist with Mortimer. This season will be difficult and fans will cope with loses a lot better knowing young talented players are learning their trade at the NRL level instead of watching spuds like Mortimer and Zillman **** up time and time again.

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 07:33 PM
What else to say. Nights like that hurt worse than the thumping we got last weekend. If we still cant execute the fundamentals when it counts what do we do at training each week. Refereeing was a ****ing joke as usual but I cant blame it for that loss. A few players let us down bigtime tonight. Those 2 strolling through gap tries the knights got were a disgrace.

Toads
22-03-15, 07:34 PM
I hope Marwan Koukash has been following us this year. It might be enough to turn him off us..

See? I found a positive. :D

Titan4Life

Mortimer, Zillman, Myles and Bird are just walking liabilities. James is not a wide running forward and why oh why are Mead and Roberts even on the field?

Totally disgusted by the lack of leadership and tactics … this is the week where we find out whether Henry has a pair.

Have to disagree with some of that. Bird was actually quite solid and Myles didn't have that bad of a game but is slowing down. The others were definitely shocking though and should be dropped. I actually think James is an alright back rower. Mead shows heart every game and played alright and Roberts didn't get enough ball from Mortmer.

Squinter98
Please Henry!

1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Crampton
5. Don
6. Sezer
7. Elgey

5 Year Contract
How I feel the guys respond to mortimer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_WesTtHf2Q

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 07:35 PM
But they're nice blokes, didn't you hear?

Oh man, I'm a Blues supporter..****, those years of Gidley, Ennis, the random selection of a Morris twin on the bench etc.
It feels JUST like the dark days of NSW(2006-2010) before Stuart rebuilt everything and laid down the healthy foundations for the future.

Mortimer is Flo-Rida and Cherry Evans is Nas. If I were to make a Hip Hop comparison. It's also Cartwright who did this to us..he really did stunt our growth, so thankful for the signing of Cherry Evans and Neil Henry (Only if Neil has the testicular fortitude to drop Zillman and Mortimer)

lonegull
22-03-15, 07:37 PM
Now we get to see if Henry is a true coach or not, he needs to make changes and blind freddy can even see it, interesting Tuesday coming up

Titan68
22-03-15, 07:38 PM
Even from the Grave , my Wife is correct again , GREG BIRD U ARE A JOKE ! Best spot for Mortimer is on the bench , Elgey needs to be our half. Why o Why did Sezer kick the ball down field when no body was chasing.

Ausphin
22-03-15, 07:40 PM
Sadly, i think most of us have just become numb to these sort of losses. It hurts at the start, but five minutes later i think i have been here before, recently.

We have (and have had for a long time) an inability to close out games.

I still get as excited through the weeks for games, but each loss seems to hurt a little less.

I have been a big supporter of Zillman, but he should not play fullback again while Hoffman is in the team.

I dont need to say anything more about Mortimer, that hasn't already been said. Wehn a commentator says maybe Bird should taking over kicking in general play, i think your days as a halfback are done.

Reaally want Sezer to stay next year. I am genuinely excited what he might be able to do with DCE.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:41 PM
I can guarantee Tuesday will be no surprise. Mortimer and Zillman will still be in there with Henry saying "yeah they made a few silly choices but they have the chance to rectify them this week". Sorry to say it as I was a huge fan of Henry but he seriously seems like Carty all over again. That is unless he grows a pair and drops them two for the coming game

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 07:42 PM
I'm only 21, and I feel like I'm losing hair thinking about Zillman with that ****ing 5 year contract? Ah, Cartwright. Imagine if we could lure back Albert Kelly to play with Cherry Evans.

6.Elgey
7. Cherry Evans
14. Kelly

Mortimer can go to the Sharks or something...

Titanic
22-03-15, 07:44 PM
I am not criticising Mead and Roberts, I'm highlighting that they may as well not be there because the poor bastards never ever ever get the ball in an attacking play. We only kick to the left and only pass to the left because Mortimer is on the right. As for the Package? I just can't find the words for him.

Bird was not okay, he was lethargic and petulant, looking like he wanted to be anywhere else - never broke the line, never looked to pass and that was a cheap shot on Mullen and he'll be suspended for it - great value after everything else.

Myles also looks disinterested, except maybe in a media role. James went well but would have been better punching it up the centre.

And to be honest, I don't care about the result but I expect a rebuilding year not this same crap from the same dildo's.

Show and Go
22-03-15, 07:47 PM
I don't get the Myles hate I really don't.

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 07:49 PM
I can understand Myles not being at his best, due to his partner being diagnosed with cancer.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:50 PM
I don't get the Myles hate I really don't.

He is a funny bloke and I want to like him but he looks slow and old. Just doesn't have any impact or anything anymore. Only performs in Origin.

Toads
How's the Clubs Mascots? Any of those blokes going on holidays soon?

Zillman could see his contract out by acting the clown as a mascot. Not much different from what he's already doing on the paddock. :p

Squinter98
I Feel for Myles! Maybe have him coming off of the Bench with Pettybourne starting.

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 07:51 PM
I can understand Myles not being at his best, due to his partner being diagnosed with cancer.

That's why I've been forgiving him but TBH he should drop himself if he is that unfocused.

DavidBouveng
22-03-15, 07:52 PM

Mortimer, Zillman, Myles and Bird are just walking liabilities. James is not a wide running forward and why oh why are Mead and Roberts even on the field, the poor lonely blokes?

I put mead into at least the okay section just due to his defensive efforts. he was shutting down a tonne, making his own effort to get in the middle and get involved. a really good game.

Petty was okay in first half, lacked penetration, but second half he dug in for thos 15 minutes when we held them turned the tide. and Simpkins suprised me. even before his try assist offload, his pace over 5 -10 metres is impressive. once he gets more comfortable, he will be really useful off the bench.

if people look over my last year, i have been respectful of mortimers efforts, and at times he has spread the ball better than our previous halves...but he was a mess tonight. tried hard as always, and defended his errors like a beast, but 2 out on the full when your defending a lead? if you dont get dropped for that the coach isnt helping the team OR THE PLAYER that did it. he needs to go back to Q cup and rebuild and sort it, or play from the bench. and we happen to have a young guy CARVING the **** out of the Qcup. knocked up near 10 or so try assists and three or 4 tries in 3 games. If Henry needs an excuse to drop morts...he wont get a better one.

Sezer, who i have been critical off, and deservedly so, was immense tonght. he played like our leader. ran hard, spread the ball, kicked pretty well, and set a tone. his last play was maybe the worst ive ever seen, but the damage was done by then anyways. would be in his top 3 games for us. If he can maintain that and build under Henry, he has something to offer and could be a counterpart to DCE....but i still think Elgey is the one we are all waiting for.

Hoff started badly...like his fullback day finally came and he muffed the lines. but he recovered and was great defensively.

Zillman. that is all. he had more good than usual, but the bad is just too bad

Titanic
22-03-15, 07:52 PM
Yep and so can I … that's when the coach says 'Nate mate, I'm gunna stand you down because you're not helping anyone, now go and look after your wife'. And he says 'okay coach' or he digs in and plays for her.

DavidBouveng
22-03-15, 07:58 PM
So has Don's bomb defence and general play put Gordon out to pasture? Only injury should exclude Don from now on.

i meant to mention also well before his kicks out on the full mort was hurting us....just chose the wrong option almost every time. we have our most potent backrower, centre and winger on that side, and he just never got it to the right guy. Taylor was steaming on his outside many many times, and would have been impossible to stop once or twice if given a simple short ball. but he dummied and ran into 2 defenders. the times he did pass, Taylor had 2 or 3 people in front of him.

JunctionBlock
22-03-15, 08:10 PM
Just got back off the train and I'm absolutely fuming. I'm going to give myself two days to calm down. If come team list Tuesday Mortimer is named in the team then I am cancelling my membership. If the Gavin Badger isn't dropped from all duties then I'm cancelling my membership. If whoever the hell were the onfield refs still have a job I'm cancelling my membership. At this stage I want nothing to do with the NRL. Two out of three games stolen due to Gavin Badger being incompetent. I'm over paying my hard earned to have these close games decided by incompetent referees. I'm DONE, my family is DONE, the NRL can reimburse the club for my membership cause due to the ineptness of their match officials I am done with the NRL.

Ausphin
22-03-15, 08:14 PM
Jk
So has Don's bomb defence and general play put Gordon out to pasture? Only injury should exclude Don from now on.

i meant to mention also well before his kicks out on the full mort was hurting us....just chose the wrong option almost every time. we have our most potent backrower, centre and winger on that side, and he just never got it to the right guy. Taylor was steaming on his outside many many times, and would have been impossible to stop once or twice if given a simple short ball. but he dummied and ran into 2 defenders. the times he did pass, Taylor had 2 or 3 people in front of him.

Agree 100%, however in fairness it was Mortimer who turned the ball back inside to Simpkins to put Sezer over. Otherwise was a really poor game. Not a half, more of an effort player to spell the hooker. We have that already. As much as i dont think Falloon brings much in attack, i like him doing some of the heavy defensive work early until Moseley is up to 80 minutes. Either way he is a real keeper.

DavidBouveng
22-03-15, 08:18 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/j5ust.jpg (https://imgflip.com/i/j5ust)

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 08:22 PM
Yep and so can I … that's when the coach says 'Nate mate, I'm gunna stand you down because you're not helping anyone, now go and look after your wife'. And he says 'okay coach' or he digs in and plays for her.

Haha, I think they would be a tad more sympathetic instead of saying "you're not helping anyone". Maybe, he has gone with the "digging" in approach and it's just too much of a distraction, which it would be for any sane human being.

Off topic but I can see Bird leaving by the end of this year or early 2016.

C-Whiz
22-03-15, 08:35 PM
I'm not a student of the game like others on here, but if you have a HB who kicks it out on the full TWICE with minutes to go when you are in front, then its time to rethink his spot.

If you are trying to make a decision between 2 fullbacks, and one of them misses the simplest read of the night to allow a try and one does one of the great cover tackles of the season, not to mention one who lets the ball bounce for an opposition try versus one who goes high for the ball etc, etc, then if you can't make that call now, then you are not a coach, you are a pacifist.

If you are a coach, and you see your team behind by 2 with seconds to go on the clock, they do the onside kick, gain posesion, and then kick it down field to the opposition with no chasers, then you need to start asking questions of YOURSELF at training.

I was one of few that bothered to attend tonight (and I know there were others on this forum) but what i also know is that of the members that I sit with, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was asking questions about what the team was thinking at pivotal moments when training and instinct should be kicking in. We had no idea what to do when the game was ours to be won.

We literally kicked away possession because we didn't know how to win.

Supergoose
22-03-15, 08:47 PM
Most of the sentiment here is spot on. Elgey has to come in now. Falloon is decent and we need him with MoseleY for the time being. Bird was ordinary in attack but put on some decent hits in defence. Zillman must be dropped along with Mortimer. There is no question about this and I'll be extremely disappointed if Henry doesn't pull the trigger. I thought James and Taylor started well running the hard lines outside in but we didn't make the most of the space that was created. It shrunk when Bird ventured out there.

Some horrific refereeing didn't help, but Zillman and Mortimer ensured we would lose.

K2G
22-03-15, 08:52 PM
Good to see Henry looking oh so relaxed (almost happy) in the post-match press conference, despite kicking the season off with three p*ss poor losses (for various reasons). I thought coaching was supposed to be stressful? Bellamy looks more focused, and concerned with his team after a win. Interesting to hear Henry sidestep the Elgey question ... didn't give much away, but it doesn't sound good for next week.

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 09:04 PM
If Mortimer is the halves partner to Daly Cherry Evans...I..I would just give up on this club ever making sound decisions. EVER. Jesus...

Titanic
22-03-15, 09:05 PM
Good to see Henry looking oh so relaxed (almost happy) in the post-match press conference, despite kicking the season off with three p*ss poor losses (for various reasons). I thought coaching was supposed to be stressful? Bellamy looks more focused, and concerned with his team after a win. Interesting to hear Henry sidestep the Elgey question ... didn't give much away, but it doesn't sound good for next week.
Neil "Carty" Henry … and we are in very big trouble.

ozynorts
22-03-15, 09:05 PM
Will need to watch the presser and see

teke
22-03-15, 09:08 PM
Carty got moved on after yrs of poor results. Henry will not be afforded the same luxury. He's gotta act swiftly because the titan fans now know how to get rid of under performing management.

DavidBouveng
22-03-15, 09:12 PM
watching again...i know i said Sezer had a good game....he had a effing great game. last kick aside, he really did step up tonight and played like we all thought he could after a few good early games.

he also acted like the real captain. gave James a serve after first try and was demanding more from players. when he scored his first try, he was still not satisfied and was keen to get the kick done and get going again.

Mexican titan
22-03-15, 09:17 PM

Just back from the game and agree with most. I have copied Titanics as it's the closest to what I think without having to say it again.
I watched LG in QCup and he has to come in soon. I thought Sezer was good in general play but can we find a kicker in general play that can find the ground. For Christs sake.
Bird, Zilly and Morts atrocious and if Bird's mind is elsewhere he should go now.
I know plenty on here rave about Roberts but other than a few flashes of brilliance he has been ordinary and his defence is poor. As for tonight, did nothing.
However I do believe the team has a better structure in attack. Had Carty been here that would have been a boring 20-6 loss, but for sure it's time Henry made some changes.

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 09:26 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Just back from the game and agree with most. I have copied Titanics as it's the closest to what I think without having to say it again.
I watched LG in QCup and he has to come in soon. I thought Sezer was good in general play but can we find a kicker in general play that can find the ground. For Christs sake.
Bird, Zilly and Morts atrocious and if Bird's mind is elsewhere he should go now.
I know plenty on here rave about Roberts but other than a few flashes of brilliance he has been ordinary and his defence is poor. As for tonight, did nothing.
However I do believe the team has a better structure in attack. Had Carty been here that would have been a boring 20-6 loss, but for sure it's time Henry made some changes.

Cartwright was so lucky to have Prince, Rogers and Campbell on the roster...

lonegull
22-03-15, 09:33 PM
Anyone got crowd figure

Mexican titan
22-03-15, 09:38 PM
Anyone got crowd figure

it was 6,942 or something close to that. I know the 6,900 was right. Thank God for the junior players as that boosted it up a bit.

Edit :Was 6,962

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 09:39 PM
Just watched the Intrust Cup replay & Elgey must play next game I don't believe for a second he should be blooded playing for Tweed before he comes into the NRL he has proven himself over the past 3 weeks of how much skill he has now against top line opposition, this season is over after 3 games so King make the changes needed which also need the inclusion of Davin Crampton who is a better centre than anyone we already have playing in the centres including Roberts..

Titan4Life
22-03-15, 09:43 PM
Apparently Mortimer is going off for scans on his hand tomorrow. Played half the game with a busted hand. We possibly could see Elgey next week after all...

..nek minute Neil goes full ****** and selects Zillman at halfback :surprise:

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 09:50 PM
Lachlan Burr had a great game yesterday for Burleigh with a Man of the Match performance so he has to be considered for selection next week too

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 10:05 PM
Remember when Mead was on fire at fullback and Cartwright for whatever reason sabotaged it and put Zillman in that spot?

5 Year Contract
22-03-15, 10:23 PM
Apparently Mortimer is going off for scans on his hand tomorrow. Played half the game with a busted hand. We possibly could see Elgey next week after all...

..nek minute Neil goes full ****** and selects Zillman at halfback :surprise:

Dont you put that evil on me TFL!!!! dont you put that on us!!!!

rj62
22-03-15, 10:30 PM
Henry is 3 games into his stint with a club that has been dragged through the absolute muck with one of the most enveloping issues ever surrounding an NRL club. He's had to endure loss of players, grounds, facilities, toxic press to name just a few.

He has form of making changes up north and is known for it.

For F@&k sake, let the dust settle, get off his back and let him see who's who.

Any comparisons to Carty are a joke. If he's still at it 12 games in then there's something to moan about. Until then let the poor bastard do his job with the cards he's been dealt. I for one am very glad that he's at the helm.

Jonathonbcode
22-03-15, 10:30 PM
If Elgey does play, hopefully he can tear the ****ing house down..

Toads
22-03-15, 10:32 PM
Just watched the Intrust Cup replay & Elgey must play next game I don't believe for a second he should be blooded playing for Tweed before he comes into the NRL he has proven himself over the past 3 weeks of how much skill he has now against top line opposition, this season is over after 3 games so King make the changes needed which also need the inclusion of Davin Crampton who is a better centre than anyone we already have playing in the centres including Roberts..

Yup, both LG 'n Crampton have got to be in the 17 next week. First time I've seen them both in action today 'n they bring a lot more to their respective positions in one game, than what the guys of the last 3 rounds have coughed up. Surely Henry can't hold them out any longer?

Titan Crius
23-03-15, 06:23 AM
Henry is 3 games into his stint with a club that has been dragged through the absolute muck with one of the most enveloping issues ever surrounding an NRL club. He's had to endure loss of players, grounds, facilities, toxic press to name just a few.

He has form of making changes up north and is known for it.

For F@&k sake, let the dust settle, get off his back and let him see who's who.

Any comparisons to Carty are a joke. If he's still at it 12 games in then there's something to moan about. Until then let the poor bastard do his job with the cards he's been dealt. I for one am very glad that he's at the helm.

Could not agree more with your comments.
I got to the ground saturated, stayed saturated inside and out but thoroughly enjoyed the days footy but not the results of course.
Again the effort by our Team was fantastic but errors at crucial times in the game cost us a well-deserved victory.
We are a team re-building under a new Coach structure and I have nothing but respect for Henry and the job he is doing.
I have not coached at his level and he has been a NRL Head Coach for many years with a very impressive record as Coach.
The definite knock-on by Sims in the 2nd half was a huge bad decision by match officials and changed the course of the game and imo a definite Victory for Titans.
I watched game closely and yes Mortimer had two bad kicks but the game is always a matter of inches and both kicks were so close to being ok, but his defence work was outstanding and he cleaned up many tackles and always give 100% & if half the game was with a broken hand, fantastic.
Our Forwards really put in and finished on even footing with Knights Pack, cant understand how Bird can be bagged by some, when the man just put in (with no match fitness), some of his stinging defence was outstanding.
With our backs Hoffman was great, and James although a bit quiet, was up against an inform centre and I thought put in, but with the conditions just could not show his attacking brillance, Wingers went well.
I really respect Zilly and his input into our club, and any player that plays over 100 NRL games should be respected, but I have to admit that time has come for Zilly to have a stint in Instruct Cup. He appears to have lost all confidence in his game and at times a yard slower (when he has speed) and lost.
I was proud to be a Titan Supporter after our NYC & NRL games yesterday, and isnt it all we asked as supporters is for our team to put in and by god both sides did.

Smakked
23-03-15, 06:41 AM
Everyone is saying the Rabbits have forgotten how to loose, we on the other hand have forgotten how to win, our confidence i shot to pieces and we need to drop Morts.

DavidBouveng
23-03-15, 07:09 AM
would be good to see elgey against the broncs in a few weeks

K2G
23-03-15, 08:20 AM
Mortimer deserves to stay, says Sezer
Mon 23 Mar, 2015, 6:50am | By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent, NRL.com (http://www.nrl.com/mortimer-deserves-to-stay-says-sezer/tabid/10874/newsid/84757/default.aspx)

Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer has leapt to the defence of halves partner Daniel Mortimer in the wake of his two crucial kicks out on the full in the second half against the Knights on Sunday.

With his team leading 18-14 Mortimer attempted a 40/20 kick in the 69th minute that sailed over the sideline by a metre or so but his second effort three minutes later put his side under further defensive pressure which they were ultimately unable to withstand.

On the back of a stunning try-saving tackle by Josh Hoffman on a runaway Joseph Leilua in the 72nd minute, Mortimer took the ball on halfway on the Titans right edge and hit what could only be described as a shank off his right boot, the ball barely making it to the 40-metre line before going into touch on the full.

They were significant momentum shifts as the game hung in the balance but not sufficient to cost him his place in the team against the Sharks on Saturday according to Sezer.

"I think it's too early to start talking about spots there," said Sezer. "'Mortsy' obviously had a few kicks that weren't up to his standard but I'm sure he'll turn it around.

"He's one of the hardest workers in the club and he'll turn it around for next week so it would be good to see him next week in that No.7."

Putting further pressure on Mortimer's place in the team is the form of 2014 under-20s player of the year Kane Elgey in the early rounds of the Intrust Super Cup.

In atrocious conditions on Sunday afternoon Elgey was named Man of the Match in Tweed Heads' 34-10 win over Norths but Sezer believes he and Mortimer deserve more time to foster their combination in the coming weeks.

"It's still working, as the whole team is, under a new coach and new process but it's no excuse," Sezer said of their combination. "We've had the whole pre-season together and we need to get some wins on the board.

"We've put ourselves in two situations at home to get the win and we haven't done so so we've got to play for the full 80 [minutes]."

Titans coach Neil Henry is understandably excited about Elgey's potential but also defended the performance of Mortimer, highlighting his defensive efforts in which he made 35 tackles and missed just one.

Mortimer also played a key role in setting up Sezer's second try that put the Titans in front although Henry stopped just short of guaranteeing his place in the team for next week.

"We've got to learn to be better at ending our sets and getting good field position. We grafted to good positions a couple of times and put a couple out on the full, that's in the mix as another reason why we didn't mount any pressure," Henry said.

"That falls on the shoulders of our kickers and that's part of the puzzle.

"I saw bits of [the Tweed] game before I came and [Elgey] was pretty good but 'Morts' has made some plays out there too.

"Stopping people on the tryline with his 82-kilo frame and getting in front of people, so there's parts of his game that I really like.

"We'll have a look but whether Kane is ready to step up I don't know but he is a player of the future."

__________________________________________________ _____________

Titans v Knights: Newcastle beat Gold Coast 20-18 in thrilling finish
TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-v-knights-newcastle-beat-gold-coast-20-18-in-thrilling-finish/story-fniabnkr-1227273412993) MARCH 22, 2015 9:30PM

TITANS coach Neil Henry will seek an explanation from referees boss Tony Archer after a blatant knock on missed by a video official proved the difference in a heartbreaking 20-18 loss to Newcastle on Sunday night.

Gold Coast’s courageous fightback from a 14-6 half-time deficit despite a controversial first half try to Dane Gagai put them on the cusp of an emotional breakthrough win at Cbus Super Stadium only for the Titans to capitulate at the death.

Two monumental errors by halfback Daniel Mortimer to kick out on the full in the last 10 minutes piled pressure on the Titans defence for Jeremy Smith to score untouched beneath the posts.

It was the third try the Knights scored without a Titan laying a hand on their jersey prompting Henry to be just as upset at his men as he was at the referees.

It was clearly a game the Titans should have won — with Greg Bird, David Taylor and Beau Falloon returning from suspensions relating to cocaine charges — but they’re now 0-3 to start the year and Henry needs answers from officials and his own men.

Video referee Gavin Badger has a contender for howler of the year after he ruled that Korbin Sims had touched a ball backwards in the lead up to Gagai’s 45m stunner.

Proving just how much of a shocker Badger had in the box he later advised referee Adam Devcich to put Dave Taylor on report for a tackle on Jarrod Mullen, when in actual fact it was Greg Bird who was the culprit.

“We will have a bit of banter during the week about it,” Henry said.

“It was a clear touch, they said it was a knock back. I couldn’t tell from my angle.

“It is a game of inches and calls and interpretations, that’s the way it is.

“It’s a tight call and we have to look for other reasons for them scoring points as well … the nature of their points was disappointing.

“The fact is we did allow three tries, they were pretty clear cut.”

Titans star Aidan Sezer was certain it was a knock on but said his players needed to play the whistle, rather than stop to watch Gagai bolt clear.

“I thought it was a knock on there but you have to play the whistle and they made the most of it and transferred it into four points,” Sezer said.

“We have to look at ourselves and just play the whistle.”

The loss took the gloss off what was a stunning game by off-contract pivot Sezer, who set up one try and scored two himself with a controlled performance to prove he would be the best man to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves next season.

But if ever there was proof the Titans needed a calm and experienced head in the No.7 jersey it came with Mortimer’s shanks off the boot.

Sezer said Mortimer should not be dropped for his errors, but with young half Kane Elgey rated a “player of the future” by Henry there is a whiff of change in the air in the coming weeks if Mortimer doesn’t step up more consistently.

“In the end a couple of kicks out on the full just gifted them opportunities to attack our line. We defended well but in the end we didn’t hang on,” Henry said.

The Titans are now winless to start the season, two tight home losses have them now rooted to the bottom of the ladder with North Queensland and next week’s opponents Cronulla.

“You’re right we could be two wins and four points but we are not and we need to look at reasons for why we are not and then converting that into points and being more consistent as a team,” Henry said.

Smakked
23-03-15, 08:22 AM
I think thats part of the issue with MOrts, he just tries to hard. Maybe if he just chilled a bit and let it flow naturally he would be better.

K2G
23-03-15, 08:32 AM
Everyone lauding Mortimer's defensive effort ... Yeah, that's why he was a bench hooker in those two gf seasons he played in. Just because he tackles good, and his last name is 'Mortiimer' don't make him a half.

Sezer saying they deserve more time makes me ill. If you haven't seen enough to figure out that keeping them together is just delaying the inevitable, well then :salute: to you.

Titanic
23-03-15, 10:29 AM
Agree with you K2G but Sezer couldn't really say anything else could he? Team mates and all that ... even Henry is not going to publically bag a player at this stage ... that's left to us in the Forum to debate :)

Jonathonbcode
23-03-15, 10:38 AM
Jesus. Why is it always with Mortimer, Gidley etc. the "Oh mate, but he trains and works really hard!" So? It doesn't mean that he has the talent of an Andrew Johns, Langer or Thurston. He doesn't even have the talent of Peter Wallace ffs. Mortimer can go to the bench as a back up hooker or he can go to the QCup, or find another club to play at..

shamus
23-03-15, 10:43 AM
Had to miss attending the game due to an overnight stay in Hospital. I did have TV though (No Foxtel) and watched Egley blitz it for Tweed. So did Crampton. Conditions were diabolical but what an entertaining game from Tweed. The winger (No 5...no idea who) also had a cracker.

I have taped the Titans game so I guess I will watch it shortly seeing I am off work for a while.

Titan Crius
23-03-15, 10:47 AM
THE WRAP: Titans v Knights: Neil Cadigan - Mon 23rd March, 08:44AM

The Titans can certainly look at line-ball refereeing calls not going their way. They can too receive praise for effort and having a ‘real dig’ at home in often pouring rain at Cbus Super Stadium.

And after watching the under-20s side lead 10-0 then get run down while four players were sitting in their seats injured, only to come back to a match-winning conversion attempt after the siren that went just wide, Titans fans were left wondering when luck at home is going to change.

However, there is no disguising the hard facts of a second narrow NRL loss in the first two home matches. And the major one is lack of composure in the final 10 minutes when the team had bravely fought so hard to be in the match, but didn’t have that elusive ingredient – whether that is confidence, discipline under pressure or control of anxiety – to get over the line.

The Titans, who had only 35 per cent of possession in the first half which was almost a mirror-image of the first 40 minutes against the Panthers eight days earlier, completed 12 straight sets in the second half and had come back from 14-6 down to lead 18-14 ahead.

They failed to finish off four of the next six in the final 14 minutes, and compounded that by conceding two penalties, and let the Knights in for the second of their three tries which came from a straight runner parading through too-big a gap untouched – this time to Jeremy Smith.

This was part of the scenario of the final 14 minutes:

Will Zillman gathers a Aidan Sezer sideways kick on the last but his desperate kick deflects off Uate into touch – Knights turnover 20m their line; Daniel Mortimer kicks out on the full next set in possession; Eddy Pettybourne penalised and put on report for a high tackle; Aidan Sezer completes the next set with a long kick; Mortimer kicks out on the full again; Sezer kicks deep again; Greg Bird penalised for holding on after a Uate half-break; Smith scores off next set from a flat ball from dummy-half Adam Clydesdale 10m out for 20-18 Newcastle; next Titans set is incomplete again with the ball going to Ryan James from dummy half and only then to Sezer for the kick but he had to throw the ball under pressure to Nate Myles who threw forward.

Until then it was probably the Titans’ most constructive and effective half hour of football in three matches, but it counted for little in the end.

The NRL rules no longer allow for a club to criticise refereeing decisions and, considering too many post-match conferences for too many years have been dominated by coaches’ and media’s focus on the refs’ calls, that is understandable.

So coach Neil Henry was diplomatic when questioned about the on-field referees’ and video refs’ calls to rule that a deflection from Korbin Sims of a Tyrone Roberts pass in the lead-up to Dane Gagai’s breathtaking try was a knock back. But opinions of TV commentators and pressmen were that it was a marginal knock forward but the line-ball call went against the Titans – one of many that have been crucial this season.

That’s footy and the Titans had plenty of time and opportunity to make amends.

There were certainly some great efforts by the Titans boys though.

Mortimer was roundly criticised for his two missed kicks but only Luke Douglas (40) made more than his 31 tackles and one, head-on and low on Joey Leilua close to the line, typified his effort. Mortimer also put on the inside ball to Ryan Simpkins that set up Sezer’s second try.

Local junior Simpkins, in his first NRL game at home for the Titans, was an unsung hero off the bench and did a lot of the one-percenters that are noticed by the coaches and teammates.

Greg Bird, in his return match, was the second best yardage maker with 163m, with only Pettybourne – also a tremendous contributor in attack and defence – better with 167m. Bird also made some important tackles and general gave the pack authority, with Pettybourne an able ally.

Sezer did some terrific things and started to control the game in the second half but like others made a couple of errors at crucial times. Josh Hoffman’s tackle on a runaway Leilua was a stand-out moment, as was some of Anthony Don’s efforts in the air.

Yet in the end the side’s inability to close out the match, and some close refs’ calls, were decisive. Sezer said after the match perhaps the team has temporarily forgotten how to win the close games.

This time last year the Titans were “winning ugly” and surprising many.

That’s perhaps only a fingernail away from happening again. The effort and the way the side is troubling defences and the scramble on the try-line outside of those two soft tries, all suggest that.

SOME KEY STATS:
Missed tackles: Titans 40, Knights 22
Possession: Titans 49 per cent to Knights’ 51 per cent after being 35/65 at half-time.
Completions: Titans 78%, Knights 78% (28/36 compared to 31/40)
Penalties: 8-7 Knights
Top tacklers: Douglas 40, Mortimer 31, Myles 29, Moseley 25, Bird 25.
Metres gained: Pettybourne 167, Bird 163, James 113, Don 105.

Show and Go
23-03-15, 10:51 AM
Mortimer is just another guy like Zillman. A good bloke so will be afforded plenty of extra time to come good. At the end of the day Mortimer is high on effort but low on talent.

ozynorts
23-03-15, 11:22 AM
This is the issue for Henry. Elgey offers more in attack and Mortimer is a better defender. The decision is whether to take a chance that Elgey will bring enough extra points to cover the odd defensive lapse or should he work on trying to shore up the defence overall. Myles made a lot of tackles but failed to get over 100m in attack. Pettybourne is looking the buy of the year right now.

Jonathonbcode
23-03-15, 12:19 PM
I believe the only way, we can ignite or reignite (for the lack of a better term) is to bring Elgey in to the halfback spot and partner up with Sezer. What if those two gel and become a great halves partnership (Soward-Wallace Penrith 2014) Where would that leave Sezer or Elgey when Daly Cherry Evans is making his way to the club?

teke
23-03-15, 12:29 PM
This is the issue for Henry. Elgey offers more in attack and Mortimer is a better defender. The decision is whether to take a chance that Elgey will bring enough extra points to cover the odd defensive lapse or should he work on trying to shore up the defence overall. on the left is a polled bull.. ( no horns) on the right is a cow ( female) with horns!!! And yes they are my cattle��Myles made a lot of tackles but failed to get over 100m in attack. Pettybourne is looking the buy of the year right now.I don't think Mortimer is a better tackler than Elgey

TITAN PETE
23-03-15, 12:40 PM
Had to miss attending the game due to an overnight stay in Hospital. I did have TV though (No Foxtel) and watched Egley blitz it for Tweed. So did Crampton. Conditions were diabolical but what an entertaining game from Tweed. The winger (No 5...no idea who) also had a cracker.

I have taped the Titans game so I guess I will watch it shortly seeing I am off work for a while.

The no5 was Leva Li another Titan

Titanic
23-03-15, 01:30 PM
To be honest, I see Sezer at lock ... Elgey, DCE and Sezer at the scrum base adds a lot of potency, although I do worry about Sezer defending on the left edge.

ozynorts
23-03-15, 04:28 PM
This is the issue for Henry. Elgey offers more in attack and Mortimer is a better defender. The decision is whether to take a chance that Elgey will bring enough extra points to cover the odd defensive lapse or should he work on trying to shore up the defence overall. Myles made a lot of tackles but failed to get over 100m in attack. Pettybourne is looking the buy of the year right now.

I don't think Mortimer is a better tackler than Elgey

I think it is more his decision making in defence going on what I saw on the weekend for Tweed.
Not sure who added the extra's into my post that you quoted? What's with the cattle references?

teke
23-03-15, 04:34 PM
I think it is more his decision making in defence going on what I saw on the weekend for Tweed.
Not sure who added the extra's into my post that you quoted? What's with the cattle references?no idea about the cattle ref

Boonarga
23-03-15, 04:47 PM
Just had a quick watch of the replay. It wasn't a knock-on. The ball was passed backwards and the touch didn't change the direction of travel.
Some of those defensive gaps! Wow.
I agree with most. Mortimer must be replaced at 7.
Bird must go. Hopefully he is suspended now for a while.

DavidBouveng
23-03-15, 07:01 PM
Just had a quick watch of the replay. It wasn't a knock-on. The ball was passed backwards and the touch didn't change the direction of travel.

i think it went forwards in a sense, that it went backwards 'less' than it would have if it wasnt touched.

you can tell because tyrone puts his hands out and it falls a metre or show short of where he expected it to go.

Mexican titan
23-03-15, 09:01 PM

I was at the game last night and no one around me including Knights fans thought it was a try. Every newspaper article, the guys on Talkin Sport, the panel on Fox tonight all had it a knock on.
Congrats Boonarga.You are the first and only person who thought it was legit.
But the rest of your post was spot on - except that I heard today that Bird wasn't even charged.

Boonarga
23-03-15, 09:10 PM
Everyone thinks it was a knock-on because for the last 107 years it seems that any time the ball hit the ground a whistle blew. I prefer to believe my own eyes rather than 'what everyone says'.
Stunning if he wasn't charged. He actually did almost the same thing during the play leading to an early Knights try. Eveyone missed that.

Hail Sezer
23-03-15, 09:13 PM
It was a knock on..Tony Archer has even come out and said so..

Mexican titan
23-03-15, 09:22 PM
It was a knock on..Tony Archer has even come out and said so..

Probably getting a bit off track but this thread has just about run its race anyway...........how can Badger be retained this week. He was the video ref for the Titans game and the night before he went to a video ref for a try in the Storm game that he was right over the top of and wanted to check grounding. There was absolutely no doubt on the grounding the ball never bounced back up, never moved after the bloke planted it.
After the no try decision tonight to that Penrith winger whose name I am not going to try and type, I am not sure where the game is going. I hate bagging refs and video refs but some of their clangers this year are already the best ever. (and I know Manly won against the Storm because of one).

Titanic
23-03-15, 10:07 PM
I was at the game last night and no one around me including Knights fans thought it was a try. Every newspaper article, the guys on Talkin Sport, the panel on Fox tonight all had it a knock on.
Congrats Boonarga.You are the first and only person who thought it was legit.
But the rest of your post was spot on - except that I heard today that Bird wasn't even charged.
Totally wrong MT … he is the second after Badger :)

DIEHARD
24-03-15, 12:44 AM
I havent even watched the game. Girlfriend needed the computer for an assignment... I'll wait a replay tomorrow. Pleased to see it was a close affair none the less.

karnage
24-03-15, 08:19 AM
It was a knock on, no doubt about it.

But there is a parallel universe where it is ruled as a knock on and we go on to lose the game by 28 points. We hit the front with 10 to go and we couldn't hold on, simple as that.

Still, we were competitive at home and it was an entertaining game played in pretty poor conditions. I left the ground happy.