PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: PANTHERS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 08:12 PM
PANTHERS vs TITANS

Squinter98
07-03-15, 11:59 PM
When i fall asleep tonight i will dream of next weeks game against the penny panfers! In my dream our team would look like this..

1. Hoffman (Better than Zip)
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Zillman / Tighe (If fit)
5. Don (Who's Kevin Gordon?)
6. Sezer
7. Elgey (Youngblood)
8. Douglas
9. Moseley (Class)
10.Pettybourne (Solid Up Front)
11.James
12.Robinson (Decent)
13.Myles (ugh)
--------------------------
14.Paasi
15.Ioane
16.Hala/Burr (If Fit)
17.Hazard (Killed it at Nines and Trial, give em a shot)
-------------------------------
18.Srama
19.Morts

Also would love to see Leva Li get a shot at some stage in the season. Looks promising!

K2G
08-03-15, 12:22 AM
Won't happen, but team I'd love to see.

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Hoffman
5. Li
6. Elgey
7. Sezer
8. Douglas
9. Moseley
10. Petty
11. James
12. Taylor
13. Myles

14. Robinson/Burr (I prefer Burr).
15. Passi
16. Ioane
17. Mortimer

Show and Go
08-03-15, 06:19 AM
Need to get Hala in the side if he is fit. We need to be able to make more yards every run. He can help that albeit in short bursts. There is a lot of dumb in our forward pack and that is a huge worry for me. I can't see many changes at all TBH.

Titan Crius
08-03-15, 07:51 PM
Need to get Hala in the side if he is fit. We need to be able to make more yards every run. He can help that albeit in short bursts. There is a lot of dumb in our forward pack and that is a huge worry for me. I can't see many changes at all TBH.

Hala is still in knee Brace and sorry I do not see a lot of dumb in our Forward Pack, some just had their 1st NRL game, but you must have played a lot of NRL games to know they are dumb. Our Forward effort & commitment was outstanding v Tigers

Show and Go
08-03-15, 08:31 PM
Hala is still in knee Brace and sorry I do not see a lot of dumb in our Forward Pack, some just had their 1st NRL game, but you must have played a lot of NRL games to know they are dumb. Our Forward effort & commitment was outstanding v Tigers

I am sorry that your opinion differs to mine.

Titanic
09-03-15, 12:58 AM
I will bet pounds to peanuts that White will be back as soon as he's available and subject to legal stuff Henry won't change the team otherwise. I am not looking to the Panthers from a score perspective but I am keen to see the guys get another go before the axe falls … I just can't see how Henry will remove Zillman. Everytime I think he has to go, the options aren't convincing.

Mead and Hoffman are better fullbacks but who's a better left centre? In fact who can play there other than Crampton (and where's he gone) and Tighe (and where's he gone) and worst of all was watching Takairangi doing his thing.

TITAN PETE
09-03-15, 06:24 AM
I will bet pounds to peanuts that White will be back as soon as he's available and subject to legal stuff Henry won't change the team otherwise. I am not looking to the Panthers from a score perspective but I am keen to see the guys get another go before the axe falls … I just can't see how Henry will remove Zillman. Everytime I think he has to go, the options aren't convincing.

Mead and Hoffman are better fullbacks but who's a better left centre? In fact who can play there other than Crampton (and where's he gone) and Tighe (and where's he gone) and worst of all was watching Takairangi doing his thing.

Tighe scored a try for Burliegh in their loss to the Capras & Crampton played for Tweed in their win over Redcliffe , I would like to see Tighe play centre against the Panthers with Crampton off the bench

karnage
09-03-15, 08:52 AM
Nice signature Pete!

We got up to play in front of a vocal home crowd against a team destined for the bottom 4. Now, we travel to Bathurst, where we will have about 100 fans to play a team that looked every bit a top 4 contender in their dismantling of one of the premiership favorites. Worst off all, the Panthers would have copped a spray from their coach for not running out the full 80 minutes, ensuring that they will not be looking past us to bigger assignments.

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Saturday to be the first of a few frightful floggings that we cop this season.

karnage
09-03-15, 09:17 AM
Although... Reading this:

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/cleary-satisfied-happy/

Maybe the Panthers won't be as primed for this weeks game after all. They had a huge home crowd (by their standards) and they were obviously all in to start the year well in a positive manner. In horse racing you go broke backing horses second up after a good return from a spell, lets hope the Panthers fit in the same category.

TITAN PETE
09-03-15, 10:36 AM
Although... Reading this:

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/cleary-satisfied-happy/

Maybe the Panthers won't be as primed for this weeks game after all. They had a huge home crowd (by their standards) and they were obviously all in to start the year well in a positive manner. In horse racing you go broke backing horses second up after a good return from a spell, lets hope the Panthers fit in the same category.

I agree on the horse racing comment mate but what happens when both runners are 2nd up :eyebrows:

karnage
09-03-15, 11:51 AM
I agree on the horse racing comment mate but what happens when both runners are 2nd up :eyebrows:

Only one of them is second up 'after a good return from a spell'.

TITAN PETE
09-03-15, 11:58 AM
Only one of them is second up 'after a good return from a spell'.

So we should be specials by round 3

teke
09-03-15, 07:41 PM
Nice signature Pete!

We got up to play in front of a vocal home crowd against a team destined for the bottom 4. Now, we travel to Bathurst, where we will have about 100 fans to play a team that looked every bit a top 4 contender in their dismantling of one of the premiership favorites. Worst off all, the Panthers would have copped a spray from their coach for not running out the full 80 minutes, ensuring that they will not be looking past us to bigger assignments.

I hope I'm wrong, but I expect Saturday to be the first of a few frightful floggings that we cop this season.The score could get big quite fast on Sat. arvo. Wowie Sowie hitting idris and Mansour on the left up against Morts n JR....ouchie

timor 2
10-03-15, 04:08 PM
Titans
1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 James Roberts
4 Josh Hoffman
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 Luke Douglas
9 Kierran Moseley
10 Edward Pettybourne
11 Ryan James
12 Lachlan Burr
13 Nate Myles (c)

Interchange
14 Agnatius Paasi
15 Mark Ioane
16 Matt Robinson
17 Matt Srama
18 Ryan Simpkins

Coach: Neil Henry

DIEHARD
10-03-15, 04:11 PM
Panthers

1 Matt Moylan
2 George Jennings
3 Dean Whare
4 Jamal Idris
5 Dallin Watene Zelezniak
6 Jamie Soward
7 Peter Wallace (c)
8 Sam McKendry
9 James Segeyaro
10 Brent Kite
11 Sika Manu
12 Lewis Brown
13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange
14 Tyrone Peachey
15 Jeremy Latimore
16 Reagan Campbell-Gillard
17 Bryce Cartwright
18 Isaah Yeo

Coach: Ivan Cleary

K2G
10-03-15, 04:40 PM
Glad to see Burr starting ahead of Robinson this week. A few loose penalties, but he was really strong.

Titanic
10-03-15, 05:14 PM
Predictable team and Henry may well go three weeks before making any moves. I think we will be able to copy and paste comments from week 1 after this week's effort too.

Show and Go
10-03-15, 05:29 PM
I just hope our defence can hold up this week. I fear the Panthers could tear us apart.

JunctionBlock
10-03-15, 05:41 PM
I might captain George Jennings this week in SuperCoach.

And Gordon, when he wasn't clutching his shoulder he was being run down by half backs. Surprising considering the talk of competition for spots during the preseason and no ones safe. This could get old real fast.

Show and Go
10-03-15, 06:03 PM
I might captain George Jennings this week in SuperCoach.

And Gordon, when he wasn't clutching his shoulder he was being run down by half backs. Surprising considering the talk of competition for spots during the preseason and no ones safe. This could get old real fast.

I can't see Henry persisting with players who don't deserve selection for too long. It is the round 2 that he named not the round 12 team.

Titan Crius
10-03-15, 06:31 PM
Team selected as expected, Don still unlucky not to be in team for Gordon, but they all put in 100% last week with effort & commitment & only individual ball security let team down. I have great faith in Henry & his assistant Coaches, Matterson (Attack) & Smith (Defence) and I believe team will improve every week. Penrith very good team and will be great hard game of RL & fantastic that it is at a Country Centre.

Titanic Believer
10-03-15, 06:34 PM
I am not keen on kneejerk reactions but Kevvy didn't seem up to it.
That said three trys on our right side doesn't bode well against a team this week with a more experienced and potent back line. I fear the worst and hope for a massive back line defensive improvement.

CanterburyMember
10-03-15, 10:42 PM
Panthers by how much?

Toads
11-03-15, 07:39 AM
Depends.. How much do they want to hammer our right edge?

NSW Titan
11-03-15, 08:11 AM
Not all that excited for this weeks game, facing a much better side and if we play like we did last weekend penrith will put 40 on us, would have liked to see Elgey in place of Srama, Don in place of Gordon, and Hoffman at the back, but I think Zillmans best position is fullback so wouldn't mind seeing crampton have a go at centre, I still remain optimistic and think we can win, but we will have to play better

Geeman
11-03-15, 02:29 PM
If nothing else, this game will show how much of the "mental toughness" training preseason has stuck. I still see this season as rebuilding, so won't be too bothered by the score, I still just want to see everyone put in 100% for the full 80 mins. I think next week will be when we start to see changes in the lineup, even though Gordon got run down I don't think anyone played badly enough to be dropped after 1 game.

Titanic
11-03-15, 04:08 PM
A good old-fashioned flogging will guarantee some changes.

TitansFan92
11-03-15, 05:49 PM

As much as it hurts to say it. Its what we need but I just hope the right players get canned.

Show and Go
11-03-15, 06:20 PM

There really isn't many changes Henry can make. Especially not in the forwards.

TITAN PETE
11-03-15, 08:12 PM
Big loss coming in this one...

karnage
11-03-15, 10:49 PM
Line set at an even 12 points. I'd suggest it's light on. I'll be backing the Panthers 13+ at around even money - there is no place for sentiment in gambling.

ozynorts
12-03-15, 07:36 AM
Line set at an even 12 points. I'd suggest it's light on. I'll be backing the Panthers 13+ at around even money - there is no place for sentiment in gambling.

Especially when I have no vCash left.......

nimud
12-03-15, 11:31 AM

Titans go alright in Bathurst, while panthers seemed to choke last season. Titans will be competitive if they shut down Moylan.

teke
12-03-15, 11:48 AM
Titans go alright in Bathurst, while panthers seemed to choke last season. Titans will be competitive if they shut down Moylan.Moylan? He'd be the last of the Titans problems imo.

Show and Go
12-03-15, 02:01 PM
Gordon out with a Broken nose. Don is in for the game.

Mr Stupid
12-03-15, 02:30 PM
I thumbs up'ed the Don not the nose^^:doh:

Hail Sezer
13-03-15, 02:39 PM
DWZ declares Roberts "fastest in the NRL"

Fri 13 Mar, 2015, 11:07am
By Matt Encarnacion, Western Sydney Correspondent

http://www.nrl.com/image.ashx?src=/Portals/NRL/images/40/40636_39_2.jpg&cn=620x349

Most would describe this week's Titans as being under-strength underdogs, some might go as far as to say they're unrecognisable.

But not the Penrith Panthers.

Not with four former teammates named on the opposition's team sheet on Saturday. And certainly not when one of them is a speed demon that winger Dallin Watene-Zelezniak considers "the fastest in the comp".

Penrith are well aware of the threat Titans centre James Roberts' poses on a rugby league field, seeing as though he scorched NRL surfaces for them throughout the 2013 season – including a hat-trick in their Holden Cup grand final victory.

Watene-Zelezniak played alongside Roberts that day, and credits part of his rise to his once troubled ex-teammate.

"He's a good mate of mine. He taught me a lot with what to expect going up into first grade, playing with him in 2013 in the 20s," Watene-Zelezniak said.

"His advice was to just do what I usually do, have confidence and not to think that just because you're not a first grader [or] it you're first game, that you don't have the ability to do what you usually do."

The 19-year-old winger played just 10 games in his rookie season, but has already declared his former mentor as the quickest player in the NRL.

"For me, I reckon he's the fastest in the comp. By a mile," he said.

Over 40 metres? Or 100 meters?

"Over anything. He's a bullet," he said.

Roberts was sacked by the Panthers early last season after a reported off-season incident. It was the second time in his career he was given his marching orders, after being let go by South Sydney in 2012 for breaching his contract.

But Watene-Zelezniak said Roberts had settled in on the Gold Coast and is now making the most of his opportunity.

"I get to talk to him every now and again through [Penrith's indigenous welfare officer, Glen Liddiard] here. I get to hear about what he's up to and he's doing really well for the Titans. I'm happy for him," he said.

Roberts was joined by new recruits Matt Robinson, Ryan Simpkins and Kierran Moseley at the Titans over the summer, the latter of which has impressed mightily in his rise as starting hooker.

Penrith lock Elijah Taylor said it was a "smart" move for the promising rake, and predicted the Queenslander under-20s representative would have a long career ahead of him.

"When he made his debut [for Penrith], he played really well against Manly," he said.

"It was a smart thing for his decision to go to the Titans because we've got Api [Koroisau] now and it would've been hard for him to get a crack. He'll be a fulltime first grader this year, if there's no injuries, because he's got a lot of skill and he's got a good attitude."

http://www.nrl.com/dwz-declares-roberts-fastest-in-the-nrl/tabid/10874/newsid/84480/default.aspx

Surfers66
13-03-15, 02:44 PM
Move Roberts to fullback...better than all other options.

teke
13-03-15, 03:14 PM
Move Roberts to fullback...better than all other options.he'll make Albert Kelly look solid back there

DIEHARD
13-03-15, 03:23 PM
Titans switch paying off for Moseley

As much as Gold Coast's cocaine scandal has hurt the NRL club, there have been some unexpected opportunities created by the Titans' unrest.

With reigning player of the year and starting hooker Beau Falloon stood down as he faces drug charges, recruit Kierran Moseley has been thrown straight into the No.9 jersey at his new club.

The 20-year-old, who played just his second NRL game in last week's season opener against Wests Tigers, will now line up on Saturday against Penrith - the club he left to join the Titans.

It means a week after facing up to one of the game's elite rakes in Robbie Farah, Moseley will now take on his in-form ex-teammate James Segeyaro.

The cheeky former Queensland Schoolboys representative isn't too fazed about the match-up, though.

"Just preparing as a normal game. There's a bit of mixed emotions and excitement there considering I'm up against the old boys and I've got a lot of good mates back in Penrith," Moseley told AAP.

"He's (Segeyaro) in good form. He did a lot with me down in Penrith and really took me under his wing, which was good.

"To get back and play against him is something special."

Moseley's rise hasn't just been in the NRL with the Titans, with a shock call-up to the Indigenous All-Stars team for the season curtain-raiser also still bringing a smile to his face.

He said having the chance to spend the week alongside indigenous idols such as Johnathan Thurston and Greg Inglis had taught him plenty.

"It's great. A great opportunity for me to try and make my mark, at a young age as well," he said.

"I'm just embracing it all, going about my footy and trying to do the best I can each week to try and stay in that 17."

Titans skipper Nate Myles says he sees plenty to like in Moseley, although he doesn't believe the youngster has shown his best form by any means.

"He was fantastic last weekend and I think he's going to get more of a feel of what NRL's like," Myles said.

"He's up to it mate. He's a fantastic kid, fantastic football player and for us guys out there we need to make sure we do the best we can to make him comfortable.

"He's got a good footy brain. I don't think he's showing any of us what he is capable of football-wise. He's a good thinker and hopefully we get to see more of it soon."

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/sport/titans-switch-paying-off-for-moseley-2015031317#ixzz3UExnJzbm

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 02:53 PM
Simpkins in for Robinson

DIEHARD
14-03-15, 03:06 PM
LATE MAIL: Ryan Simpkins, the Titans initial under-20s captain, will make his club NRL debut for the club today after being called into the 17 to replace Matt Robinson. That's the only late change to either side. Earlier in the week Anthony Don was called in to replace Kevin Gordon who broke his nose fielding a high kick during Wednesday's training session.
Panthers are 1-17 as selected.

DIEHARD
14-03-15, 03:07 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11043048_10153113326769593_1698930057292875342_n.j pg?oh=435245c91acef6671bbc784225a5c54b&oe=5588D24A&__gda__=1434658814_acf22baa7501227521baffd7f8bc2b2 d

James Roberts and Jamal Idris go head to head when we clash with the Penrith Panthers at Carrington Park in Bathurst on Saturday. See how they match up.

DIEHARD
14-03-15, 03:14 PM
Cleary gives new surface a thumbs up

PANTHERS coach Ivan Cleary has come away impressed after laying eyes on the resurfaced Carrington Park for the first time.

The Panthers NRL squad walked the oval yesterday afternoon ahead of today’s NRL clash with the Gold Coast Titans.

And they were pleasantly surprised to find a much different playing surface than the boggy ground they encountered during last year’s 18-16 loss to the Cronulla Sharks.

Since then, Bathurst Regional Council has embarked on an ambitious upgrade of Carrington Park, including replacing all seats in the main grandstand and a $110,000 makeover of the field with new turf and drainage.

Cleary yesterday said the club appreciated council’s efforts in upgrading the field and his team was looking forward to playing again in Bathurst.

He said last year’s loss would only make them more determined to play well today.

“Full credit to the ground staff and council, they’ve done a great job,” he said.

“And the weather has probably also helped with this game being played earlier in the year. The surface looks perfect for NRL football.”

Council is banking on a large walk-up crowd for today’s clash with just under 3000 tickets pre-sold late yesterday.

Last year, 8824 hardy souls turned out in the depths of winter to watch the first Panthers match in their five-year deal with Bathurst Regional Council, and council remains hopeful of getting close to that number again.

Panthers players spent three full days in Bathurst in the lead-up to last year’s clash, visiting schools and running coaching clinics to create a real buzz around town, but none of those promotions have been possible this year.

But Cleary said the club took its community engagement role seriously and was simply trying a new way of doing things this year.

“We’re just feeling our way a bit,” he said.

“We have a coaching clinic booked for Sunday and that will be an opportunity for everyone to see the game first and, hopefully after we’ve played well, come down and spend some quality time with the players. We prioritise the community part of our visit very highly.”

Cleary said he was pleased to be back in Bathurst and hoped for a good crowd this afternoon.

“It does make a difference to the atmosphere at the ground, so it would be fantastic to get the biggest crowd there possible,” he said.

“It’s still early in the season and everyone is keen to go, so hopefully people will take the rare chance to come and see some NRL football.”

Cleary said the Titans were unlucky to go down in their round one clash with the Tigers and would provide stiff opposition today.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/

amaline
14-03-15, 03:44 PM
HAHAHA. Joke.

Toads
14-03-15, 03:46 PM
Oh well, we know whose camp the Refs are in today. These sort of calls justifies Dasler's call about post-match Ref interviews.

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 03:50 PM
NRL continues to fail at the simple things us fans pay to watch the game for. Absolutely robbed. You wonder why your crowds are down dave smith?? complete **** like those 2 calls.

rj62
14-03-15, 03:51 PM
NRL continues to fail at the simple things us fans pay to watch the game for. Absolutely robbed. You wonder why your crowds are down dave smith?? complete **** like those 2 calls.

WTF?!?

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 03:53 PM
WTF?!?

2 tries disallowed. First one Don ruled offside on the kick through from Sezer. He was onside by a few metres not even a lineball call but the ruling by the ref before it was sent upstairs was no try. Second Zillman try disallowed he sliced through and they ruled Ryan James had obstructed 10m away even though he stopped when he went to the line and didn't impeed a player but again as it was ruled no try before sent upstairs they judged on that. Should be 12-0

TITAN PETE
14-03-15, 03:56 PM
Maybe Myles should wear his Qld jersey underneath his Titans , he's rubbish

rj62
14-03-15, 03:57 PM
2 tries disallowed. First one Don ruled offside on the kick through from Sezer. He was onside by a few metres not even a lineball call but the ruling by the ref before it was sent upstairs was no try. Second Zillman try disallowed he sliced through and they ruled Ryan James had obstructed 10m away even though he stopped when he went to the line and didn't impeed a player but again as it was ruled no try before sent upstairs they judged on that. Should be 12-0

Thanks - I'm listening on the radio but they don't give much away. They weren't impressed, especially with the first one

Toads
14-03-15, 03:58 PM
Maybe Myles should wear his Qld jersey underneath his Titans , he's rubbish

Seems to have picked up where 'Hands' Minichiello left off. :p

Bad taste, I know..

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 04:02 PM
Thanks - I'm listening on the radio but they don't give much away. They weren't impressed, especially with the first one

Yeah the first was one of those ones where you are unsure how the video referee can come up anything other than try. The second was marginal but James stopped once he hit the line and made no contact. That said we keep dropping balls as usual failing on the fundamentals so far

lonegull
14-03-15, 04:03 PM
Good bloody refs there is no consistency what so ever no wonder coaches get fined these two refs are a disgrace

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 04:04 PM
Good bloody refs there is no consistency what so ever no wonder coaches get fined these two refs are a disgrace

hey they have at least been consistently awful

Toads
14-03-15, 04:13 PM
Here's hoping Dark pulls off a few more of those hits this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Pink suits Soward with that fancy lil' conversion kick of his.. :p

teke
14-03-15, 04:13 PM
Refs must be Manly fans lol

Toads
14-03-15, 04:20 PM
Whose Manly?

Oh them... They're a bunch of nuffies these days.

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 04:22 PM
We knew we were going to face tough opposition today but my god we have been awful today in errors and missed opportunities. Positive to take is we look so much more threatening in attack this year DCE and a few other additions will do wonders.

teke
14-03-15, 04:26 PM
Laughable errors but an entertaining game.

TitansFan92
14-03-15, 04:31 PM
Wow first half is **** should be 12-8 to us not 8-0 to Panthers. I will pay Henry's fine myself when he goes off at the refs at full time.

- - - Updated - - -

Laughable errors but an entertaining game.

about as laughable as Manly right now ay

hammer
14-03-15, 04:31 PM
Pettybourne has been good for us...has been a great buy! Refs just atrocious!

teke
14-03-15, 04:32 PM
Wow first half is **** should be 12-8 to us not 8-0 to Panthers. I will pay Henry's fine myself when he goes off at the refs at full time.

- - - Updated - - -

about as laughable as Manly right now aydef Titans should be up

gotitans101_
14-03-15, 04:34 PM
Pettybourne has been good for us...has been a great buy! Refs just atrocious!

Yep Pettybourne solid again, I thought James was good too.

Whats Doing
14-03-15, 04:37 PM
I have no probs with the 2nd one being ruled no try as Ryan just stopped in the defensive line instead of running through. The first one however was an absolute joke where Don was clearly onside. There was considerable evidence to over rule the diabolical refs.

Our handling has been atrocious and it is going to be a long afternoon if this continues in the 2nd half.

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 04:47 PM
And Don must be happy at the Bears, must have thought he was Takarangi.

hammer
14-03-15, 04:47 PM
This IMO should be Mortimer's last game in First Grade for while too...I struggle to see what if anything he actually offers our team.

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 04:52 PM
If the NRL own us then Henry should walk into the press conference and just say put it on my tab and unload on the useless canaries.

lonegull
14-03-15, 04:52 PM
Oh well gee the a league looks good at least referees there know how to ref a game

Toads
14-03-15, 04:53 PM
Wheel the ref around the back 'n ***** him..

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 04:57 PM
If the video referee cant get it right what hope does our game have. We dont deserve to win but we as fans deserve a hell of a lot better than this ****! I dont want any of these referees anywhere near a first grade game again. You should be embarrassed NRL.

*context they just awarded Idris a try even though he was short and you CANNOT say he was over the line. You cannot conclusively say it was anything near a try yet somehow the touch judge said to the ref it was and he sent it upstairs the video ref rules try. Mind you this was before it was given a penrith knock on. Roberts got a cramp and while we were waiting for a scrum the video ref comes in with it was a titans knock on. Video could not conclusively say that either. Disgraceful!*

Toads
14-03-15, 04:57 PM
If the NRL own us then Henry should walk into the press conference and just say put it on my tab and unload on the useless canaries.

Love it!.. :laugh:

amaline
14-03-15, 04:59 PM
At least the NRL can't be accused of favouring us.

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 04:59 PM
Looks like Jupiters are going to save some money this week. This is disgraceful from all aspects.

Toads
14-03-15, 05:02 PM
LOL, Vossy. Slip of the tongue.. 'Cartwrought'

jacksonm
14-03-15, 05:05 PM
I'm biased of course but even a fair minded person would admit the on field and video refs are below par, I don't expect a long press conference from Henry if you cannot comment on the refs.
BTW we need a different number 7, and I dont think Seizer w I'll have clubs lining up after the last 2 games

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 05:05 PM
Wooden spooners and DCE is probably on the phone to his manager.

Toads
14-03-15, 05:08 PM
Wooden spooners and DCE is probably on the phone to his manager.

Yeah, teke could be right for this season. But there are moments of brilliance by individuals (as usual). But here's hoping it can come together when our spine improves from next year.

lonegull
14-03-15, 05:11 PM
Surely this is Mortimer last game

Toads
14-03-15, 05:12 PM
Good play on the 5th to score, by the Panthers. Wish we had some of that stuff.

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 05:13 PM
Yeah, teke could be right for this season. But there are moments of brilliance by individuals (as usual). But here's hoping it can come together when our spine improves from next year.

Same sh!t different year. I can't believe just how bad we are as a team. It's just permanent panic stations, I've seen school yard games of kill the dill with the pill with more organisation. Good luck to anyone going into contract negotiations this week.

hammer
14-03-15, 05:13 PM
Surely this is Mortimer last game
I agree mate...can anyone remember a good game from him in Titans colours!

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 05:14 PM
Hahahhahahahahahhahh Zill

TitansFan92
14-03-15, 05:14 PM
Well I am done. TV off couldn't care less anymore. I could blame the refs because it is partly there fault with the horrid calls all game but we are a completely different team this week. Our team do not deserve to call themselves professionals.

amaline
14-03-15, 05:17 PM
Well I am done. TV off couldn't care less anymore. I could blame the refs because it is partly there fault with the horrid calls all game but we are a completely different team this week. Our team do not deserve to call themselves professionals.

You lasted longer than most of our team!

NSW Titan
14-03-15, 05:18 PM
Zillman and Mortimer need to be dropped, both offer nothing to the team both have played rubbish

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 05:19 PM
I'd be on the phone to my lawyer saying, change my plea to guilty.....

amaline
14-03-15, 05:19 PM
Ha! Voss just referred to Moylan as Zillman... twice!

matti
14-03-15, 05:20 PM
lol oh my.... Ref did suck but we may as walk off! I think its time Henry puts his money where his mouth is and get rid of the layzee stock in the team.... make a example this week? wtf from zillman? take the tackle on the first.... i think DCE is going to kill his career coming to the titans...

Toads
I'd be on the phone to my lawyer saying, change my plea to guilty.....

LMAO.. You're on a roll today, mate. :laugh:

NSW Titan
The refs played us out of the game also

Titan4Life
14-03-15, 05:24 PM
Seriously how long can the refs continue to ruin our game?? No doubt we had poor handling skills and discipline but my god the refs are pathetic. Anyway some other comments:

-Surely this is Mortimer's last game? He offers nothing in either defence or attack. LG needs to be brought in because IMO this year needs to be a year where we bleed the young guys and get rid of the struggling 'old' guys.

-WHERE IS HOFFMAN? No doubt he should be fullback but he did nothing today. Zillman wasn't terrible but Hoffy has to be #1.

-Myles is a disgrace for captain. Does nothing but drop the ball and give away penalties. Should not be playing let alone be our skipper. Needs to pick it up or piss off.

-Pettybourne is a machine and easily our best forward. Great runner of the ball and his offloads were the only good thing about us today. Definitely a great late preseason buy.

-Our right side defence is pathetic. We have let in about 6 or 7 tries already this year on that side. Not good enough.

Davis13
The refs played us out of the game also

We played ourself out of the game...
Horrible football. Sezer and Mortimer can go they offer nothing. Simpkins defence ****. Roberts defence= extra ****.

lonegull
Bloody hell never seen a team give in like this, Mortimer absolute disgrace and zillman well don't get me started on where to start oh well we see if Henry is a coach or not if he makes any changes if he doesn't well it's Cartwright part II

teke
14-03-15, 05:26 PM
Goodbye Morts, Elgey need only put his boots on to provide more stability in the team

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 05:26 PM
We played ourself out of the game...
Horrible football. Sezer and Mortimer can go they offer nothing. Simpkins defence ****. Roberts defence= extra ****.

The reason Roberts defence looks like that is because he is constantly having to try and cover for Mortimer who can't tackle 1v1 to save himself

matti
14-03-15, 05:28 PM
I am waiting for someone to say "Wait till 2016"....

Titan4Life
Surely there has to be changes in the team this week.

Show and Go
Did anyone see Zillman run over the sideline like a rookie?? That is a bloke that has a 5 year deal with this club. What a farce. Penrith are my premiership tip and expected them to win big but gee we were woeful. Neil Henry has a lot of work to do and I suggest he start by dropping Zillman and Mortimer and picking Elgey at halfback and Roberts at fullback.

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 05:29 PM
What's more embarrassing and costly for this club, the off field or on field antics?

Show and Go
14-03-15, 05:30 PM
Surely there has to be changes in the team this week.

Yeah Bird and Taylor will most likely be back and that will be the changes.

Titanic Believer
14-03-15, 05:38 PM
Well watching the Titans is SM to the max but there's no satisfaction just pain. I don't mind a team that looses playing hard but beaten by a better team but errors and penalties are just poor discipline, not acceptable and a sure way to loose supporters. The players out of the team are not the problem. Put LG in there surrounded by the others and he will be crucified. Mortimer tries hard but bottom line he is small. As Qld found out a few years ago (before the run of wins) if you have a small backline they will just get run over close to the line. The refs weren't the problem the Titans are the problem. I had one hope this year that the long history of errors and penalties would be history but.............thought last night staked claim for the Sharks to take the wooden spoon they just lost that claim....

Davis13
14-03-15, 05:38 PM
Did anyone see Zillman run over the sideline like a rookie?? That is a bloke that has a 5 year deal with this club. What a farce. Penrith are my premiership tip and expected them to win big but gee we were woeful. Neil Henry has a lot of work to do and I suggest he start by dropping Zillman and Mortimer and picking Elgey at halfback and Roberts at fullback.

I beg to differ Penrith were sloppy if they had of played a decent team they would of got done

nimud
14-03-15, 05:39 PM
Goodbye Morts, Elgey need only put his boots on to provide more stability in the team

Look, Morts does his best to his ability. Defensively, he pulled off a few try savers. I do hope Elgey gets a run, but ATM Morts is the only half option.

Today's result is certainly disappointing, but anyone who's a Titans fan is surely aware 2015 is not going to be a great season. We will pull off some wins, but we will also get some results like today's in Bathurst. Which sucks...

The only Concern I had today, is once the points started flowing against us, the team looked like they were being coached by Cartwright.

The other concern is how bad Sezer was. As our go-to player, his mind was certainly not in the game.

gotitans101_
14-03-15, 05:41 PM
Seriously how long can the refs continue to ruin our game?? No doubt we had poor handling skills and discipline but my god the refs are pathetic. Anyway some other comments:

-Surely this is Mortimer's last game? He offers nothing in either defence or attack. LG needs to be brought in because IMO this year needs to be a year where we bleed the young guys and get rid of the struggling 'old' guys.

-WHERE IS HOFFMAN? No doubt he should be fullback but he did nothing today. Zillman wasn't terrible but Hoffy has to be #1.

-Myles is a disgrace for captain. Does nothing but drop the ball and give away penalties. Should not be playing let alone be our skipper. Needs to pick it up or piss off.

-Pettybourne is a machine and easily our best forward. Great runner of the ball and his offloads were the only good thing about us today. Definitely a great late preseason buy.

-Our right side defence is pathetic. We have let in about 6 or 7 tries already this year on that side. Not good enough.

pretty much all this.

I actually turned it off to do other stuff at the 55 minute mark, now after checking the final score I'm glad I did.

Show and Go
14-03-15, 05:43 PM
I beg to differ Penrith were sloppy if they had of played a decent team they would of got done

They were ordinary today but still toweled us up. They are m tip for Premiers and showed they can smash teams even when playing poorly today,

nimud
Yeah Bird and Taylor will most likely be back and that will be the changes.

We simply don't have any decent quality depth this year. Not backing our juniors for years has created this issue.

Toads
I reckon our training grounds during the week should be out at Moseley's hometown of Cloncurry. It might encourage them to harden up a bit, because whatever is happening on the Coast during the week. It's not reaping any benefits, come game day..

JunctionBlock

That's because the Titans bring everyone down to their level.

Squinter98
14-03-15, 05:44 PM
VS Knights

Praying our Boys are Back. We are in Desperate need of a overhaul of the current 17. Get rid of Zip, Morts, KG, Myles, Srama. Bring in LG, Davin, Hala and possibly Hazard/Li. This year is already gone and need to build for the future. Will be lucky to 10,000 at the game next weekend.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Anthony Don / Leva Li
3. James Roberts
4. Davin Crampton
5. David Mead
6. Aiden Sezer
7. Kane Elgey
8. Eddy Pettybourne
9. Keirran Mosely
10.Luke Douglas
11.Ryan James
12.David Taylor
13.Greg Bird
----------------------------
14.Mark Ioane
15.Agnatius Passi
16.Matt Robinson
17.David Hala / Christian Hazard

nimud
14-03-15, 05:44 PM
pretty much all this.

I actually turned it off to do other stuff at the 55 minute mark, now after checking the final score I'm glad I did.

I've seen plenty of floggings. It is still good to watch individual performances in attack and defence. Shows which players still put their hand up.

teke
14-03-15, 05:46 PM
Look, Morts does his best to his ability. Defensively, he pulled off a few try savers. I do hope Elgey gets a run, but ATM Morts is the only half option.

disagree strongly, Morts is def not the only half option.

If you are good enough u are old enough - Wally lewis many times over his career.

Whats Doing
We have the worst defensive halves in the comp with Mortimer the speed bump having 7 missed tackles with 4 leading to tries and Sezer the pea heart who feint hearted attempts to tackle led directly to 2 tries. 6 of their 8 tries went through our halves. Disgraceful.

Myles needs to have a good look at himself with his constant penalties and drop balls. He is a poor example of a leader.

Zillman needs to be dropped immediately with that dismal performance although Hoffman looked totally disinterested out their today.

Burr had 5 missed tackles and is not up to it as well as Simpkins who offers nothing off the bench.

Pettybourne was the only shining light in a very dark day.

Pathetic performance when they really need to stand up and be competitive each week if they have any chance to win back their fans.

JunctionBlock
Will be lucky to 10,000 at the game next weekend.

We won't pull 6000 for the knights.

hammer
14-03-15, 05:49 PM
Our team truly lacks a leader...an on field leader that directs our team around the park. I know we have Myles as a captain but he does not lead on the field at the moment and if he does it is only through a great tackle...he offers little in attack. No one in our team has great game sense and is directing our team around the park...Mortimer cannot do it and IMO will never develop this ever...Prince and Rogers had it...DCE does have it and will provide it in the future. Today's game is a classic example of this...Penrith has Soward and Wallace that have strengths in leading/directing a team around the park...we have Mortimer and Sezer...Mortimer offers nothing...Sezer could develop it but makes too many poor choices. Soward/Wallace just give the Panthers structure and game sense to the hard-workers that shouldn't think but do as they are told to.
Time for Henry to make the call to develop young Elgey...give him time to adapt to First Grade...show us he can coach a young kid into hopefully a great first grader.
If Bird and Taylor come back we will be stronger but with the issue identified above we still won't be a finals-quality side...we need to develop an on-field leader with game sense to lead us on the park.
I was really impressed with Pettybourne, James and Paasi too...Roberts is just dangerous if given the chance. Prefer Don over Gordon at the moment.
That's the positives...expecting changes to this team!

teke
14-03-15, 05:49 PM
They were ordinary today but still toweled us up. They are m tip for Premiers and showed they can smash teams even when playing poorly today,rabbits n roosters miles ahead of the panthers

Titanic Believer
14-03-15, 05:51 PM
I am surprised no one calling for Sezers head. some terrible errors in the first half like trying to unload on the third tackle almost on his back one metres out. and forward passes. But if we sacked everyone who had a bad day we would have to bring on the 20s wouldn't we.

Jonathonbcode
14-03-15, 05:52 PM
SURELY, this spells the end for Zillman? Right?

Geeman
14-03-15, 05:54 PM
Expected to lose, didn't expect to lose like that...
Yes, the refs hurt us, but the team's errors, penalties, and lack of ability to take the bad calls on the chin and keep pushing on is what lost us the game so badly.
On a brighter note Pettybourne is looking like a very good buy.

gotitans101_
14-03-15, 05:54 PM
Did I miss something with Zillman? Didn't think he played too badly up until the 50 or so I saw.

Toads
14-03-15, 05:55 PM
...Prince and Rogers had it...DCE does have it and will provide it in the future.

As much as I dump all of my faith into this idea you mentioned, mate. The old saying of ' It's hard to soar like an Eagle, when you're surrounded by Turkeys' keeps springing to mind at times like these. :frown:

Geeman
14-03-15, 05:55 PM
I am surprised no one calling for Sezers head. some terrible errors in the first half like trying to unload on the third tackle almost on his back one metres out. and forward passes. But if we sacked everyone who had a bad day we would have to bring on the 20s wouldn't we.

The U20's fought back from a big deficit and won, so could be worth a shot... :laugh:

5 Year Contract
14-03-15, 06:00 PM
SURELY, this spells the end for Zillman? Right?
You cant kill the zilololololo. Not NRL standard fullback gets picked anyway never anywhere near the tries being scored. But no point complaining about this anymore as he will be picked until he retires. Brilliant run today by zilly....straight over the sideline.

What to say about today. Bad reffing but we were atrocious. Positive....Pettybourne looks great and is shaping up to be a good buy. At times we also have looked threatening but jesus do we have poor ball control. To mirror my comments from last week we cannot go close to competing if we dont stop the errors and penalties we cant even get the basics right.

Our halves pairing is awful im hoping another team poaches sezer before next year. Not much else to say. We were awful across the park. I guess it only gets better from here.....right guys.......guys....???

teke
14-03-15, 06:02 PM
Pettybourne has shocked me, any other team and he'd be the first person to give away a stupid penalty

hammer
14-03-15, 06:02 PM
As much as I dump all of my faith into this idea you mentioned, mate. The old saying of ' It's hard to soar like an Eagle, when you're surrounded by Turkeys' keeps springing to mind at times like these. :frown:

Understand your thoughts on this one Toads!

But at the moment we have too many indians who think they're chiefs and then go on to make seriously dumb choices! Anoint the leader and develop the structure that the players believe in and it can change dramatically! Penrith weren't great either before they got some halves who could lead them around the park.

Jonathonbcode
14-03-15, 06:03 PM
You cant kill the zilololololo. Not NRL standard fullback gets picked anyway never anywhere near the tries being scored. But no point complaining about this anymore as he will be picked until he retires. Brilliant run today by zilly....straight over the sideline.

Zillman is like the herpes of the Gold Coast Titans. It's like, just when you think his gone..he is right back on the team, again.

gotitans101_
14-03-15, 06:05 PM
I understand we're low on troops but if Henry was serious he'd make a statement and drop the likes of Myles to the bench, he is supposed to be one of our senior leaders but the way he's playing he doesn't even deserve a starting spot in this side.

Jonathonbcode
14-03-15, 06:10 PM
I believe insanity is repeating the same thing, over and over..whilst expecting different results. Yeah, that is the Titans in a nutshell. Henry needs to drop Zillman.

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 06:21 PM
I understand we're low on troops but if Henry was serious he'd make a statement and drop the likes of Myles to the bench, he is supposed to be one of our senior leaders but the way he's playing he doesn't even deserve a starting spot in this side.

Look what it did for Thaiday last night. He had a blinder last night against the Sharks.

- - - Updated - - -

How do I bookmark this thread so next year when I'm pawing through all the preseason bullsh!t of how it's going to be different this year I can come back here and get my reality check.

A 5 year contract, are you @#$%ing kidding me?????????????????

Smakked
14-03-15, 06:45 PM
Wow, didn't expect much and true to form didn't get much, i think we will win 5 games this year if we are lucky, maybe less. We have DCE so now get rid of maybe 70 % of who we have and restart, its the only way.

Titanic Believer
14-03-15, 06:55 PM
bright point of the night DCE blitzing the Storm. something to look forward to

teke
14-03-15, 07:05 PM
Dce is surrounded by a in form manly structure boasting Lyons Mateo symonds buhrer and buy of the yr matai.

Best bit of dce's game so far is his chopping defence

Pallas
14-03-15, 07:17 PM
If there is one thing to take out of this game it is that Sezer shouldn't be in the team as he was the worst player on a field that included the likes of Zillman. He made too many errors and bad judgement calls, and to top it all off he kept persisting on taking hit-ups which just killed our momentum. Mortimer wasn't fantastic by any stretch, but unlike Sezer he showed enthusiasm and he made a few good tackles as well. Another thing to note is that Zillman shouldn't be Fullback, for obvious reasons. For next game I would like to see either Elgey or Fogarty play halfback, with Morts at 5/8.

To Summarise: Sezer out, Morts 5/8, either Elgey or Fogarty at halfback and Zillman shouldn't be Fullback

ozynorts
14-03-15, 07:45 PM
I don't know where to start. We have so many positions that need to be fixed.
We lack go forward from our forwards.
We lack creativity from our halves.
We lack a defensive attitude in our backs.
It is easy to name those who didn't perform but in reality we are a not an NRL standard team right now. Anyone who thinks that Bird, Taylor and Falloon are going to change that have their eyes closed.
Of the ref's decisions today the only that I struggled to agree with was Don's no try. The rest were par for the course.
The ref's weren't dropping balls, pushing passes, sleeping on top of the opposition player as they tried to play the ball and running crappy lines.
The rest of the league knows that to score tries against us all they have to do is attack our right side.
I knew that this year wouldn't be a finals year but I didn't think we would be wooden spoon contenders either. I can't see how we will win enough games to avoid it.

Toads
14-03-15, 07:59 PM
I definitely believe Bird 'n Falloon have nothing to offer, but we could do with Taylor off the bench.

Show and Go
14-03-15, 07:59 PM
Did I miss something with Zillman? Didn't think he played too badly up until the 50 or so I saw.

You must have missed when he ran over the sideline like a peanut.

teke
14-03-15, 08:04 PM
I definitely believe Bird 'n Falloon have nothing to offer, but we could do with Taylor off the bench.

I dislike Bird but he def doesn't have nothing to offer, he's quality playing under a ordinary regime

Toads
14-03-15, 08:14 PM
Yeah well (personal opinion aside), his Rep footy is a good stretch on his Club footy (since he's been with us).

teke
14-03-15, 08:19 PM
Yeah well (personal opinion aside), his Rep footy is a good stretch on his Club footy (since he's been with us).his rep quality partners are a bigger stretch

JunctionBlock
14-03-15, 08:23 PM
Just watched the press conference, apparently we didn't stick to our game plan in the second half...so that's good news....

Titanic Believer
14-03-15, 08:46 PM
Yeh the game plan was to hold the ball and not give away penalties

TITAN PETE
14-03-15, 08:54 PM
I'm not bothered reading everyone else's comments but if anyone believes Mortimer should be wearing the 7 give yourself about 30 upper cuts he's never been a halfback... Seriously wtf is good by on with Myles he's absolutely rubbish & needs to be benched also thought Sezar was very average......

Knights next week #bringonLG

DIEHARD
14-03-15, 09:51 PM
First half showed some promise but the second half was a disgrace.

Getting nilled and smashed is humiliating.

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=dxdWx5czoTI2RhgOGcNlf1iM6aPW5LWJ"></script>

Titanic
14-03-15, 11:10 PM
Held off posting as long as I could to try and put it perspective … highlight of the game was the commentator announcing Zillman as the man of the match. Lowlight of the game was watching lard-**** Idris score.

DIEHARD
15-03-15, 01:24 AM
Highlight for me was the Kevin Rudd reference from Vossy...

Show and Go
15-03-15, 06:56 AM
It is pretty sad when the only positive I can take out of the game is that they looked like they tried hard. Half of this team is playing for their career at the club so they better start showing more.

ozynorts
15-03-15, 08:09 AM
Positive....Pettybourne looks great and is shaping up to be a good buy.

I thought the same as well BUT he only ran for 66m.......... It goes to show how bad we were when a player a lot have suggested had a better game than most produced that.

Tamwelg
15-03-15, 08:10 AM
53% completion rate for the match, 27% in the second half, says it all too me.

hammer
15-03-15, 09:04 AM
I thought the same as well BUT he only ran for 66m.......... It goes to show how bad we were when a player a lot have suggested had a better game than most produced that.

This could reflect how much game time he got...perhaps.

Jonathonbcode
15-03-15, 09:22 AM
I'm giving a pass to Myles. You know, considering that his girlfriend is battling cancer atm..

Bayside Titan
15-03-15, 09:33 AM
There was a lot to dislike about the game last night but o thought we are getting better at coming out of trouble particularly in the first half. I thought we were able to get some good roll on but then ended with silly errors. I was just confused as to why we didn't trh to isolate Idris when attacking him ? I also thought that we lacked shape in the second half.

A win against the Knights is a must and I would hope that Beau Scott is out for a few weeks after the Cowboys game.

NSW Titan
15-03-15, 09:42 AM

He actually ran for 88m BUT to be fair no one cracked 100m for us

JunctionBlock
15-03-15, 09:57 AM
He actually ran for 88m BUT to be fair no one cracked 100m for us

In fairness no one can run over 100m in a game where we have 39% completion rate.

Show and Go
15-03-15, 09:59 AM
Myles plays the same as he does for us as he does in Origin. The major difference is he isn't surrounded by peanuts when he plays Origin. He doesn't have to try and be something he isn't at Origin level.

DavidBouveng
15-03-15, 10:04 AM
Second try was fairly disallowed. Nothing to do with the blocker in the line, everything to do with zillman catching the ball and running behind his own player. Watch the other fullbacks and they always catch it a half step outside that last block runner.

Henry needs to show some balls now. Myles was a mess, and our 1,6,7 weren't far behind him.

Geeman
15-03-15, 11:13 AM
What is really grating me right now is the uproar over the reffing decisions in the Manly / Melbourne game. The sunday footy show are all over it, but not a single word about the decisions in our game. Granted, I think we would have lost anyway, possibly not so badly if Don's try had been given, as you have to wonder what the decisions do to player confidence, but it certainly highlights our standing in media opinions.

Jonathonbcode
15-03-15, 11:13 AM
We're never going to change, unless we do a complete clean out of players. I say that we should release Bird and Taylor, and it will give us PLENTY of salary cap space..we can get a decent to good five eigth and two or three forwards.

Pallas
15-03-15, 02:04 PM

I know what you mean.:laugh: He was easily the worst on field and has been for a while now (or at least one of). With performances like that, Manly can have him in a heartbeat. I guess some people in this forum are still living in 2012.

Jonathonbcode
15-03-15, 02:13 PM
If Sezer is to leave for next year, could we possibly entice Maloney for the five eighth role? Maloney and DCE wouldn't be a bad halves combination..

Pallas
15-03-15, 02:24 PM
If Sezer is to leave for next year, could we possibly entice Maloney for the five eighth role? Maloney and DCE wouldn't be a bad halves combination..

Yeah that wouldn't be the worst idea, but I would like to see Elgey be blooded in this year so he can partner DCE next year as it would save us some money that we could put in buying quality centres.:drool:

Jonathonbcode
15-03-15, 02:54 PM
Yeah that wouldn't be the worst idea, but I would like to see Elgey be blooded in this year so he can partner DCE next year as it would save us some money that we could put in buying quality centres.:drool:

I was going to mention Elgey. We do need some strike power, I agree. Roberts, Hoffman and Mead can only do so much. It's all about getting discipline in to the forwards as well. We would be FAR better off in the long term if we offloaded Bird and Taylor. We need to start from scratch..as if, we just entered the NRL for the very first time. Who are these quality centres that we could attract? I'm very interested now dude, haha.

Bayside Titan
15-03-15, 03:00 PM
Elgey needs to be blooded ASAP. I thought Petty was one of our best in the past two games and I thought Burr was pretty solid.

- - - Updated - - -

The centres and wingers lacked good shape or space to work in played pretty flat in the last half. Hoff, Roberts, Mead and Don can do great things but lacked the space to do so.

Pallas
15-03-15, 09:09 PM
I was going to mention Elgey. We do need some strike power, I agree. Roberts, Hoffman and Mead can only do so much. It's all about getting discipline in to the forwards as well. We would be FAR better off in the long term if we offloaded Bird and Taylor. We need to start from scratch..as if, we just entered the NRL for the very first time. Who are these quality centres that we could attract? I'm very interested now dude, haha.

I wouldn't start considering offloading Bird and Taylor until they actually play a game for us this season, well at least not Taylor.

The centres I would like to target are:

Definitely Starting:

Ricky Leutele
Dane Gagai
Tim Simona
Konrad Hurrell
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Daniel Vidot

Possibly Starting/Fringe/Depth:

John Folau
Euan Aitken
Tony Satini
Sami Sauiluma
Jacob Loko (haven't seen him play this year though)
Aaron Whitchurch

We only need about 3 centres, one of which needs to be starting. Alternatively we could just sign all 4 of the Mata'utia brothers (Sione, Peter, Pat and Chanel) as a packaged deal and we will be golden for our outside backs.

Mexican titan
15-03-15, 09:19 PM
I wouldn't start considering offloading Bird and Taylor until they actually play a game for us this season, well at least not Taylor.

The centres I would like to target are:

Definitely Starting:

Ricky Leutele
Dane Gagai
Tim Simona
Konrad Hurrell
Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Daniel Vidot

Possibly Starting/Fringe/Depth:

John Folau
Euan Aitken
Tony Satini
Sami Sauiluma
Jacob Loko (haven't seen him play this year though)
Aaron Whitchurch

We only need about 3 centres, one of which needs to be starting. Alternatively we could just sign all 4 of the Mata'utia brothers (Sione, Peter, Pat and Chanel) as a packaged deal and we will be golden for our outside backs.

I still maintain that we should get the 1,6,7,9 sorted before anything else. We have the 7 and 9 sorted for next year and probably the 1 if Hoffman eventually gets put in his proper position. But for sure we need a centre and possibly two. I am still not convinced on Roberts yet but I would hope he would be a different player if he got quick ball. Although his defence......
I was a big wrap on SKD but he is scissor hands now and that's the last thing we need.

ozynorts
16-03-15, 07:26 AM
. I am still not convinced on Roberts yet but I would hope he would be a different player if he got quick ball. Although his defence......

Yep his defence is a huge liability.