PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Brent Webb - will the cap problems in NZ force him out?

DeeGan
05-03-06, 01:09 PM
Titans: Titans: Brent Webb - will the cap problems in NZ force him out?

It is well documented that I believe the next position we need to sure up is the fullback position which would cover the four positions I deem "must sign quality players" (prop, half, hooker and fullback) for our club debuting in 2007. Clinton Greenshields at this point is my preferred option ahead of Richie Mathers though a name to consider right now is Queensland born New Zealand fullback Brent Webb.

Brent Webb is IMO a very good but much underrated fullback who has been a shining light for New Zealand since making the move to our neighbouring country. He has gone on to make the New Zealand number one jersey his own and is a very good attacking player with the ability to chime in to the backline taking heat from his halves.

Thoughts on a possible Brent Webb pickup from the Warriors IF he was to be released by the Warriors management?

p.s. If New Zealand released this guy I would be looking to sack their entire board :D

Ipswich Fan
05-03-06, 01:24 PM
Brent Webb is certainly good with the ball in his hands but i still have my doubts over his defensive capabilities. I think either Greenshields or Marshall Chalk are better options.

brn2bwyld
05-03-06, 08:00 PM
Brentt Webb would be a good buy as he is experienced and would create havoc close to the rucks with Prince and Campbell

RIP
05-03-06, 08:14 PM
Brentt Webb would be a good buy as he is experienced and would create havoc close to the rucks with Prince and Campbell

So true Webb's da man 4 da job & he's also a kicker!!!!!!!

lonegull
06-03-06, 07:17 AM
i dont rate Webb highly he is good in attack but lacks a bit in the defence side of things plus he wont come cheap i think theres better options out there
go with mathers or greenshields