PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: TITANS vs WESTS TIGERS

Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
21-02-15, 12:11 AM
TITANS vs WESTS TIGERS
Saturday 07 Mar 2015, 4:00pm, Cbus Super Stadium

Tickets: CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TITANS15)

TITANS

TBC

WESTS TIGERS

TBC

JunctionBlock
21-02-15, 08:04 AM
What are the chances the team can rally? The same way when ASADA broke the darkest day in Australian sporting history back in 2013 and the Sharks rallied and unfortunately for us they played us round 1 and smashed us. Then in 2014 ASADA waited till Round 2 to bring it up again and the Sharks rallied and took it out on us again. Any chance the team can band together, use this as a motivation and come out round one and absolutely smash the Tigers? Cause if they don't and look defeated from Rd 1, I hate to say it, but the club is doomed. Given that the court hearings are on the 5th of march it will be fresh in the headlines again. Titans need to convincingly defeat the Tigers to get the positives into the headlines for our club.

mdrew
21-02-15, 08:34 AM
Until everything comes out such as if there are any more players involved we are no hope you can also throw in the fact that no one is going to show up. All the positive vibe around the club is destroyed

Show and Go
21-02-15, 08:36 AM
How the boys go might depend on how much worse this gets. If there are more Titans players arrested or if the CEO and other important members of the club just walk away.

JunctionBlock
21-02-15, 08:39 AM
Sharks suffered more and they still stepped up. For a couple of rounds anyway.

TITAN PETE
21-02-15, 09:50 AM
The Media will determine how many people turn up to the game but the players will decide who wins the game & the 1st match needs to be played like a GF with a must win attitude & hopefully that will help bring people through the gates.

Titan Crius
21-02-15, 10:17 AM
Forget the Press, these days they only make the news not report the news. We must be very strong and supportive of our club right now in these tough times, for the majority of our players are really putting in on and off the field. We must band together as true supporters, especially all on this forum who are great Titan Supporters and show it (even though I disagree with some now and again, but thats the beauty of free speech) at all times, and push all our family and friends to get to the 1st game, this is the time to stand up.
we cannot let the actions of a very few spoil all the hard work that has been put in the last 4-6 months by the majority.

DavidBouveng
21-02-15, 10:31 AM
What are the chances the team can rally? The same way when ASADA broke the darkest day in Australian sporting history back in 2013 and the Sharks rallied and unfortunately for us they played us round 1 and smashed us. Then in 2014 ASADA waited till Round 2 to bring it up again and the Sharks rallied and took it out on us again. Any chance the team can band together, use this as a motivation and come out round one and absolutely smash the Tigers? Cause if they don't and look defeated from Rd 1, I hate to say it, but the club is doomed. Given that the court hearings are on the 5th of march it will be fresh in the headlines again. Titans need to convincingly defeat the Tigers to get the positives into the headlines for our club.

didnt they smash us 12-10? two tries all. and we beat them last year.... that aside, i get your point. it can galvanise the remaining players into a tight unit and hopefully gives them cause for a super effort.

karnage
21-02-15, 10:59 AM
didnt they smash us 12-10? two tries all. and we beat them last year.... that aside, i get your point. it can galvanise the remaining players into a tight unit and hopefully gives them cause for a super effort.

Haha!! You beat me to that. They didn't step up at all, we were just absolutely terrible opposition.

shamus
21-02-15, 11:01 AM
We got this...Titans by 30!

TITAN PETE
21-02-15, 11:27 AM
We got this...Titans by 30!

Drinking early mate

DavidBouveng
21-02-15, 11:49 AM
Drinking early mate

not sure hes stopped lately. every post sounds like the drunk guy at the back of the room piping up, when the convo has moved three topics past.

I actually love that Shamus can post light heartedly and chip in with comments when its just stressing me out so much. althought i know he loves the team as much as any of us.

Mexican titan
21-02-15, 01:12 PM
Titan Crius has it spot on I reckon. We cannot let the actions of a few spoil it for the rest of us and I mean players, Titans admin staff, and us the supporters. I am just hoping there are no more than one or two others involved, if there are any.
I know some will disagree but I am afraid that this calls for a hanging judge and these guys need to be made an example of. The damage caused has been immense and we will only get confidence of people back if these guys are shown the door. The NRL can then determine whether to again register these people.

shamus
21-02-15, 01:26 PM
I'm as gutted as the next man. But all I am reading is all the experts (I need to stay away from FB) telling the world who the 'high profile' Titans player is that is next to be outed. I am also reading comments in regards to what happened to the mentors looking out for the players. (That one made me laugh). They are grown men FFS. You can't have a mentor living under the same roof as the players watching everything they do. Maybe the players need to sign up for GoggleBox (or whatever that show is called) that way we can see what they are up to.

Then we have Badel saying NRL will kick out Titans but will hand the Gold Coast licence to others.

We bring most of this on ourselves. All we do (me included) is jump onto the media circus and we all help it on its way.

I hope we survive (coz I haven't picked up my members pack yet). I really do. If the NRL give us another chance I feel sure that heads will roll within the Titans, everyone (EVERYONE) will be put on notice and things will improve in time. Maybe not this year (I put $10 @$11 for Titans to finish higher than the Broncs and Cows...I can kiss that goodbye)...but they will.

I could go on and on about some of my recent grievances with the Membership for the Titans and things I see that they do wrong for foundation members as they try to get new members. But all I would be doing is adding fuel to the fire and I really just need to get over it.

Anyways.........I will continue to attempt to be light hearted about the whole affair and not comment in the negative. (Not much else I can do really). There are enough people adding to the drama without my input.

P.S. I hope Kelly stays............Surely he couldn't walk away after the amount of money he has put in.

See what I did there?

I have just realised I have posted under the Titans V Tigers thread. Please feel free to move it (or delete)...whatever seems easier..

Titanic
21-02-15, 01:47 PM
C'mon guys … Sailor, Johns and how many others on social drug crucifixions is not the issue here, it's our management over time that has the media licking their chops. Losing a couple of fringe players is not going to do us in. Titans by 8.

K4SE
21-02-15, 02:34 PM
I'll be there loud and proud - hoping that the remaining players have enough guts and determination to fight for their survival. There'll be more salacious rumours and turmoil whipped up by the media before this whole sorry saga comes to an end. The players need to keep their heads in the game, adapt and overcome- and do it bloody quickly!
(However, if the on field performance is disastrous then sadly I fear the end is nigh.)
They MUST play convincingly well and they MUST win - I agree Titanic -Titans by 8.

Titan4Life
21-02-15, 02:45 PM
This is a big game for the club. We need to win this game and as K4SE said, the players need to ignore the whole cocaine saga and focus on playing good footy. I think we will win this game by 4-10 but who knows what sort of distractions this whole thing has caused.

teke
21-02-15, 03:39 PM
not sure hes stopped lately. every post sounds like the drunk guy at the back of the room piping up, when the convo has moved three topics past.

I actually love that Shamus can post light heartedly and chip in with comments when its just stressing me out so much. althought i know he loves the team as much as any of us.its far from stressing me out, soon as I heard it was Falloon I instantly thought yeah boi, Titans just got a lil bit stronger for the season. I don't care what experts say, the young fellas Titans are able to blood this yr will make them a stronger outfit than previous ones.

Titan4Life
21-02-15, 03:57 PM
its far from stressing me out, soon as I heard it was Falloon I instantly thought yeah boi, Titans just got a lil bit stronger for the season. I don't care what experts say, the young fellas Titans are able to blood this yr will make them a stronger outfit than previous ones.

Must admit I was relieved (send me to hell now) that it was Falloon. I wanted him out of the starting lineup anyway so Moseley would be our starting hooker. While that probably would have happened anyway, we can now say Moseley will be our hooker permanently starting NOW. Looking forward to see what young guys like Elgey, Hazard, Moseley and others can do this year. Bring in the youth I say.

Show and Go
21-02-15, 04:34 PM
I am pretty keen to see Moseley run out in the 9 in round 1. With any luck Elgey is halfback and Mortimer on the bench.

DavidBouveng
21-02-15, 04:38 PM
its far from stressing me out, soon as I heard it was Falloon I instantly thought yeah boi, Titans just got a lil bit stronger for the season. I don't care what experts say, the young fellas Titans are able to blood this yr will make them a stronger outfit than previous ones.

the loss of the two players stresses me not... the survival of our club stresses me a great deal.

Titan4Life
21-02-15, 04:40 PM
the loss of the two players stresses me not... the survival of our club stresses me a great deal.

Spot on. Exactly how I feel. I'm not worried about losing a reserve grade player and a bench player. The thing that worries me is that the NRL would have to be getting fed up with all of our drama in recent weeks and months. Hopefully this drug scandal won't be the final nail in the coffin though if other teams are involved as well.

K4SE
21-02-15, 05:03 PM
Hopefully this drug scandal won't be the final nail in the coffin though if other teams are involved as well.

Lol! Never thought I would be wishing to see more drugs in sport! Share the love- I like your thinking! :laugh:

teke
21-02-15, 05:42 PM
the loss of the two players stresses me not... the survival of our club stresses me a great deal.the club isn't going anywhere, it's here to stay and the current squad looks very bright

DIEHARD
21-02-15, 06:07 PM
The Media will determine how many people turn up to the game but the players will decide who wins the game & the 1st match needs to be played like a GF with a must win attitude & hopefully that will help bring people through the gates.

True.

Hopefully people back the team. I'm so sad to be once again asking the fans to dig deeper and pay it forward...

But kick offs are usually stronger crowds, if we get a bad crowd to begin, it's going to be a very long year.

But the people that can save this year are the players and coach. They have my support.

DIEHARD
21-02-15, 06:12 PM
I think we can take the Wests Tigers out.

Ausphin
22-02-15, 06:19 PM
Given today's events wanted to guess Rd1 squad (if only to take my mind of everything else)

Hoffman
Mead
Roberts
Zillman
Don
Sezer
Mortimer
Myles
James
Robinson
Douglas
Moseley
White

Srama
Hala
Ioane
Simpkins ( i got the impression that Henry really likes his workrate)

Still leaves the squad with
Gordon
Pettyborne
Crampton
Burr
Elgey
Hazard
Fogerty

Obviously lost some quality (players, not people), and will be really tested when injuries hit.

Wonder how fit Laffranchi, bailey and Harro still are.

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 06:23 PM
I think we'll see:

Hoffman
Mead
Roberts
Zillman
Don
Sezer
Mortimer
Douglas
Moseley
White
James
Robinson
Myles

Hala
Ioane/pettybourne
Burr/Simpkins
Srama

lol im sorry Ausphin I just realised I wrote the exact same team as you

great minds..

Ausphin
22-02-15, 06:26 PM
I think we'll see:

Hoffman
Mead
Roberts
Zillman
Don
Sezer
Mortimer
Douglas
Moseley
White
James
Robinson
Myles

Hala
Ioane
Burr/Simpkins
Srama

I guess that says you're agreeing with my team ��

lol im sorry Ausphin I just realised I wrote the exact same team as you

great minds..

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 06:35 PM
Your pack layout threw me off mate :laugh:

Ausphin
22-02-15, 06:53 PM
Your pack layout threw me off mate :laugh:

All good mate. Just the way i 've always thought of teams, not in jersey number order. Old school i guess.

DavidBouveng
22-02-15, 07:04 PM
All good mate. Just the way i 've always thought of teams, not in jersey number order. Old school i guess.

well that was the old jersey order, lock number 8, hooker number 12.

Harro might be busy also.

TITAN PETE
22-02-15, 09:30 PM
well that was the old jersey order, lock number 8, hooker number 12.

Harro might be busy also.

He won't be allowed in the Stadium:wave:

Ausphin
22-02-15, 09:40 PM

I must be missing something with Harrison?

teke
22-02-15, 09:41 PM
I must be missing something with Harrison?You wont be missing anything if you think about the current situation

DavidBouveng
22-02-15, 09:50 PM

you know it.

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 10:04 PM
:gossip::thumbsup::laugh:

karnage
22-02-15, 10:18 PM
That team that has been posted on this thread is just fine. We will have no problem with our starting 13. But boy oh boy, we are SUPER thin outside of those players. We might start OK this season and we will have our patches but with all that NRL experience out of the side we are a justified favourite for the timber cutlery.

DIEHARD
24-02-15, 07:12 PM
Looks like our crowd just got a boost but it's going to need all of us to give a show of faith.

This isn't yet another desperate call for a show of faith to our exhausted supporters but the NRL has shown the Titans and the Gold Coast faith.

So let's all return the favour!

lonegull
24-02-15, 07:17 PM
Even though I can't attend if I buy a ticket am I counted or do I have to physically go through the turnstile, just want to show my support

DIEHARD
24-02-15, 07:21 PM
Even though I can't attend if I buy a ticket am I counted or do I have to physically go through the turnstile, just want to show my support

You wont be counted in the crowd figure. But your support will be registered through sales figures.

I also can't attend so I will also buy a ticket.

lonegull
24-02-15, 07:25 PM
You wont be counted in the crowd figure. But your support will be registered through sales figures.

I also can't attend so I will also buy a ticket.

Thanks diehard will jump online a buy a ticket

shamus
24-02-15, 07:50 PM
Thanks diehard will jump online a buy a ticket

Purchase an eTicket and email it to a mate

DIEHARD
24-02-15, 09:06 PM
Purchase an eTicket and email it to a mate

Yes! Great idea!

DavidBouveng
24-02-15, 09:22 PM
purchase 5, and send them to mate, he can keep going out and coming in with a new ticket. get those turnstiles clicking.

DIEHARD
24-02-15, 09:32 PM
We need to start a campaign to fill the stadium. Thoughts? Name? Hashtag?

Titanic
24-02-15, 10:08 PM
First thought: "back to the Titans"

Supergoose
24-02-15, 11:06 PM
Anyone buying a ticket and not attending can send it to me. I'm flat broke, but would be there in heartbeat otherwise.

JunctionBlock
25-02-15, 07:55 AM
Don't know what else to do as I already have a family membership, so I signed the dogs up.

Mexican titan
25-02-15, 09:10 AM
Anyone buying a ticket and not attending can send it to me. I'm flat broke, but would be there in heartbeat otherwise.

Mate, if no one comes up with a spare can you PM me next week and I'll gladly shout you (and a kid as you get theirs for nothing). Include your email address so I can send it to you and you can print it at home. One way or another you'll be at the game.

Toads
25-02-15, 09:11 AM
Nice one, MT. :)

Smakked
25-02-15, 09:22 AM

I will shout you mate no worries, PM me

Titan Crius
25-02-15, 10:13 AM
Mate, if no one comes up with a spare can you PM me next week and I'll gladly shout you (and a kid as you get theirs for nothing). Include your email address so I can send it to you and you can print it at home. One way or another you'll be at the game.

Congrats to both of you, great gesture, thats the Titan Spirit I lov

matti
25-02-15, 12:35 PM
How cute :P i would fly up but ill prob have to work :( can someone make a sign that says i love matti at all? make me feel part of the game.

C-Whiz
25-02-15, 12:55 PM
I have no idea what the result will be, whether we lift, whether we get smashed, and while I agree winning is the best way to get the fans back, right now I'm still buzzing just knowing that we are still up and running and things are looking rosy for the future.

I'll be there with the family, might make a new banner to hang on the railing, but like I said, I'll just be happy that we are fielding ANY team after the last few weeks.

Who is up for a meet-up at some stage? We will probably be doing our usual Dog'n'Parrot pre-game routine, get a decent feed at a decent price, throw down a couple of full strength schooners and then catch the bus to the stadium. Who would be up for this? Its a great way to make a day of it without getting your arms and legs ripped off.

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 03:56 PM
Judging by the most recent photos it looks like Hoff will be playing left centre...we know what that means

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 03:59 PM
I have no idea what the result will be, whether we lift, whether we get smashed, and while I agree winning is the best way to get the fans back, right now I'm still buzzing just knowing that we are still up and running and things are looking rosy for the future.

I'll be there with the family, might make a new banner to hang on the railing, but like I said, I'll just be happy that we are fielding ANY team after the last few weeks.

Who is up for a meet-up at some stage? We will probably be doing our usual Dog'n'Parrot pre-game routine, get a decent feed at a decent price, throw down a couple of full strength schooners and then catch the bus to the stadium. Who would be up for this? Its a great way to make a day of it without getting your arms and legs ripped off.

Mate i'm happy to meet up for a Schooy or 3 but it will have to be early as i want to be at the gate when they open i'm very keen on the 20's

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 04:09 PM
Judging by the most recent photos it looks like Hoff will be playing left centre...we know what that means

Right now i'm just happy to be looking forward to the start of the season no matter who's playing :thumbsup:

Toads
25-02-15, 04:20 PM

Even though I'm happy for Hoffman to be there. I sure hope Neil Henry has taught our fullback a thing or two over the break then..

Show and Go
25-02-15, 04:34 PM
I think Hoffman at centre could work well. He is an excellent ball runner and finisher. Zillman at fullback is rubbish though. TBH the best option for fullback is Roberts.

charged2go
25-02-15, 04:41 PM
I think Hoffman at centre could work well. He is an excellent ball runner and finisher. Zillman at fullback is rubbish though. TBH the best option for fullback is Roberts.

put the boogz at fullback i reckon (Anthony Donn)

Show and Go
25-02-15, 04:45 PM

Surely not. It is really sad that we don't have a decent option for the fullback position.

Toads
25-02-15, 05:06 PM

Yeah, not quite. I thought the Don was pretty good defensively last year. But as karnage noted a month or so back, he's not. The highlights video of the first pre-season match showed he's pretty ordinary. Not up to handling the FB position (defensively) I'm afraid..

DavidBouveng
25-02-15, 08:22 PM
Mate i'm happy to meet up for a Schooy or 3 but it will have to be early as i want to be at the gate when they open i'm very keen on the 20's

mate im the same. letting the missus know if she wants to come...she's watching the early stuff too.

but im happy to catch up early. whizzer and myself are also toying with a sat morning golf game.

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 08:58 PM
mate im the same. letting the missus know if she wants to come...she's watching the early stuff too.

but im happy to catch up early. whizzer and myself are also toying with a sat morning golf game.

I'm in for Golf :thumbsup:

Titan4Life
25-02-15, 10:12 PM
Relieved Titans turn attention to Tigers
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
10:00pm Wed 25th February, 2015

Five-eighth Aidan Sezer has called on Titans fans to present a united front with the players when they host the Tigers in Round 1 next weekend.

Key Titans players have moved to reassure fans that they will be ready for Round 1 next week as the club begins a new phase under the ownership of the NRL.

By placing the club into voluntary administration on Tuesday the Titans opened the way for the NRL to step in and take control, the first point of business to reassure the Gold Coast community that they would once again have a team that they can be proud of.

The team trained away from the glare of TV cameras on Wednesday as they endeavour to prepare as best they can for their season opener next Saturday while five players remain stood down awaiting court appearances after being charged with a variety of drug offences.

For local boy Ryan James, hearing NRL CEO Dave Smith personally guarantee the future of the club brought with it a great sense of relief.

"Dave Smith came in and assured us that the club's going to be around for a long time and the NRL have backed us so being a Gold Coast kid I'm happy to see that the Gold Coast club will be here for many years to come," James told Titans TV.

"After yesterday when they assured us the club was going to be here forever I think it took a massive load off all the players' shoulders and we went out this morning and I think it was one of the better training sessions we've had.

"Everyone's just got their game head on and they're ready for next week."

For the past two seasons the Titans have faced the Sharks in Round 1 as the Cronulla club tried to manage the fallout from the ASADA investigation into their supplements program but the shoe will be very much on the other foot next Saturday at Cbus Super Stadium.

The intervention of the NRL appears to have already done much to restore confidence in the local Gold Coast community and five-eighth Aidan Sezer said it was imperative that they presented a "united front" when the season kicks off next week.

"Coming back from Cairns and seeing the faithful there it gives us a bit of a spring in our step and makes us want to represent the Coast even more come Round 1," Sezer said.

"Hopefully we can get a few fans out there and band together and become a united front.

"It was very positive news to come out of [Tuesday's] meeting. It's good for the fans, it reassures them that there's going to be a team on the Coast for the long term and it's good for us players that it gives us that extra bit of security so we can concentrate on the footy.

"I'm not going to say it's not been a distraction but it's been business as usual and the boys trained well today and we'll continue to do so to get ready for Round 1."

It's been a baptism of fire for high profile Broncos recruit Josh Hoffman but he was upbeat on Wednesday as he reflected on the resolve shown by the playing group in the face of such uncertainty.

"It doesn't take much for this playing group to put a smile on their face and get into training and that's something we've really done well at," Hoffman said.

"We've been facing some adversity but getting back to training is what we're all about.

"For us as a playing group [the focus] was to move forward and now we can concentrate on our season."

DavidBouveng
25-02-15, 10:17 PM

boom! ok well you guys can pick a place. tallai has been popular, but im happy to play 18 somewhere also. although maybe a quick is better cos it will be a long evening.

Titanic
25-02-15, 10:55 PM
Another golf day that I'll miss but I can say the plans in motion to return home for good after 14 years ... enjoy the peace and quiet while you can :)

teke
26-02-15, 02:03 AM
Surely not. It is really sad that we don't have a decent option for the fullback position.of course we do, Hoffman then Mead. One looks to be headed for left centre the other just isn't going to get a shot cause apparently he's too good on the wing.

DIEHARD
27-02-15, 08:50 AM
Adversity could galvanise Titans: Farah

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah believes current issues faced by embattled club Gold Coast could galvanise their Round 1 opponents when their season kicks off on Saturday week.

Speaking at the club's season launch at Waterview, Bicentennial Park on Thursday, Farah said new coach Jason Taylor had addressed the team about the Titans drama and instructed them to remain focused on their own preparations.

"We had training, I can't remember what day it was this week, where JT made a quick mention of it and that he won't be talking about it again. For us it's not an issue," Farah said.

"We see it, we hear about it. But we're not too concerned. We can't control what they do and how they're going to play on the night. For us, we've just got to take care of what we're doing, that's the only thing we're in control of.

"Our preparation is key. An away game in Round 1 is always tough no matter what. We've got to start well and that's something we're looking to do."

The Titans could be without five players for their home opener, including key men Greg Bird and David Taylor, after they were stood down following drugs-related charges.

Farah said he knew of the dangers in facing an opposition team and fanbase with their backs against the wall but remained positive about the Tigers' own chances of a season-opening win.

"It could [galvanise them]. It could go either way. I don't know. I don't know how their players are feeling. We're confident in the way we're going and we're going up there to win," he said.

The NSW Blues hooker and Kangaroos utility also expressed concern regarding the welfare of representative teammate Bird.

"You are always concerned about your friends, but I don't want to get caught up talking about them. I don't know the details of what's going on and it's not for me to comment," he said.

The Tigers will open their season against the Titans at Cbus Stadium next Saturday evening, before playing their first home game of the year against the Dragons in Campbelltown in Round 2.

https://www.nrl.com/adversity-could-galvanise-titans-farah/tabid/10874/newsid/84083/default.aspx

C-Whiz
27-02-15, 09:53 AM
I just bought 8 tickets for the "Full House" promotion. You still looking for a ticket?

- - - Updated - - -

boom! ok well you guys can pick a place. tallai has been popular, but im happy to play 18 somewhere also. although maybe a quick is better cos it will be a long evening.
Stick with Tallai? Its been the scene of our golfing crimes several times before, and clearly some of you guys still need some practice around that course. :eyebrows:

- - - Updated - - -

Hey mate, you up for golf before the game?

Bayside Titan
27-02-15, 10:33 AM
The boys should be right to go they seemed really pumped last night.

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 10:41 AM
The boys should be right to go they seemed really pumped last night.

yea they had enough time to digest, bottom out and regroup. plus the clubs future secured, etc so we are gaining momentum.

if it happened this week, we would be a rabble come game time. we timed an almost fatal crisis to the minute!

Show and Go
27-02-15, 10:52 AM
The players set to replace Taylor and Bird in the backrow should be pumped. They could be looking at playing a big role this year if the court cases go badly.

shamus
27-02-15, 10:58 AM
I would love to be at golf as well but I have an invite to an early lunch and drinks (courtesy of my local) so I can't knock that back.

P.S. I played golf with DM the other day. He is stoked that the NRL have taken over. Huuuuge relief!

TITAN PETE
27-02-15, 11:54 AM
I would love to be at golf as well but I have an invite to an early lunch and drinks (courtesy of my local) so I can't knock that back.

P.S. I played golf with DM the other day. He is stoked that the NRL have taken over. Huuuuge relief!

Make sure you are looking into Mel's eye's when you are talking to her :eyebrows:

Hail Sezer
28-02-15, 07:23 AM
Henry to gamble on dual fullbacks

Sat 28 Feb, 2015, 6:00am

Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry is set to unveil a dual fullback attacking structure for his team's Round 1 clash with the Wests Tigers, unable to split incumbent William Zillman and high-profile recruit Josh Hoffman.

In between off-field controversies the main talking point over the summer at the Titans has been whether Hoffman would unseat Zillman for his preferred position at the back but it appears as though the pair are going to embark on a job-sharing arrangement overseen by Henry.

When teams are announced next week only one man will be wearing the No.1 jersey but Henry believes he can better maximise both players' strengths and their contribution to the team by rotating the pair between fullback and left centre as the game unfolds.

Embarking on his seventh season at the Titans, Zillman was the hero when he kicked the winning field goal against the Bulldogs in Round 26 last season while Hoffman has made no secret of the fact that he wants to make the fullback position his own, a belief that led to him leaving the Broncos after seven years in Brisbane.

"It's going to be one of those things where there might be a bit of positional change during the game, fullback to left centre. It mightn't be ideal but we might start like that," Henry told NRL.com.

"It gives us an option to have two guys carrying the ball at different times who might be a bit fresh as well. 'Hoffy' has got a great carry, a strong carry of the ball on kick returns; 'Zilly' is quick and also got a very fast play-the-ball.

"I don't know if they're going to really rest out in the centres but you'll cover less metres than you do at fullback where you're following the ball all the time.

"It might be a situation where we have got some fresh legs at the back by rotating them between two positions. It's a bit of a change-up too, they're different style of players so it can work; we'll wait and see."

All throughout the pre-season Zillman and Hoffman have been alternating between fullback and left centre during training drills and in the trials. Any potential confusion is likely to be found out by the kicking games of Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah and half Luke Brooks but the upside is a lighter workload for one of the key positions on the field.

It also puts doubt in the minds of the defence when in attack and Titans half Daniel Mortimer is confident that he and five-eighth Aidan Sezer have done sufficient work to have developed combinations with both Zillman and Hoffman.

"We've trained hours each day all week for the whole pre-season so we've got some combinations with both," Mortimer said. "We know how both play so I don't think that will be a factor as long as we're communicating on the field.

"They both play pretty similar styles, they're both hard runners and quite skilful with the ball so as long as the communication is there it doesn't matter who's at the back out of the two."

Henry is resigned to being without automatic selections Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon for the season-opener but says it will provide an opportunity for some young players to step into some sizeable shoes.

"We've got to finalise our 17. We're going to be without at least three guys – 'Birdy', Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon – but Matt Robinson, Lachlan Burr, Kierran Moseley, Jai Ingram, there are a few replacements there," Henry said.

"They're going to have to step up because they're replacing some quality and some impact with our attack. Kierran Moseley and Matt Srama have been training well, Christian Hazard has been good at training, so we just have to cope with that."

http://www.nrl.com/henry-to-gamble-on-dual-fullbacks/tabid/10874/newsid/84110/default.aspx?utm_term=nrl&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Show and Go
28-02-15, 08:45 AM
This is your first mistake Neil.

Toads
28-02-15, 09:50 AM
This is your first mistake Neil.

Maybe, but surely NH won't persist with it if it's not working like Carty did. Here's hoping anyway..

ozynorts
28-02-15, 11:00 AM
It's not a new idea, remains to be seen if it will work for them though.

Show and Go
28-02-15, 11:44 AM
The trouble for Neil is that neither Hoffy or Zillman are good enough. So I guess the timeshare is more about hoping that not having either of them at fullback full time hurts us.

Should be looking to sign Ben Hampton to play fullback. He will be playing reserve grade this season anyway. He cut us to pieces from fullback when he got his shot.

teke
28-02-15, 01:53 PM
I'm 100% certain zilly has a iron clad contract that states he must be in first grade at all times.

Titanic
28-02-15, 04:48 PM
Why anyone would answer this type of question honestly is beyond me. Henry will just pick his team in whatever numbers he wants and then roll out his game plan ... I don't believe any of this stuff.

teke
28-02-15, 05:15 PM
Why anyone would answer this type of question honestly is beyond me. Henry will just pick his team in whatever numbers he wants and then roll out his game plan ... I don't believe any of this stuff.Zillman is part of his plan...believe that sir

DIEHARD
28-02-15, 06:33 PM
Oh great we are doing dual fullbacks now? Dual hookers was bad enough. Just pick one and stick.

DavidBouveng
28-02-15, 07:14 PM
I'm 100% certain zilly has a iron clad contract that states he must be in first grade at all times.

this contract needs re negotiating more that the CBUS one does.

CanterburyMember
28-02-15, 10:21 PM

Gold Coast Titans coach Neil Henry is set to unveil a dual fullback attacking structure for his team's Round 1 clash with the Wests Tigers, unable to split incumbent William Zillman and high-profile recruit Josh Hoffman.

In between off-field controversies the main talking point over the summer at the Titans has been whether Hoffman would unseat Zillman for his preferred position at the back but it appears as though the pair are going to embark on a job-sharing arrangement overseen by Henry.

When teams are announced next week only one man will be wearing the No.1 jersey but Henry believes he can better maximise both players' strengths and their contribution to the team by rotating the pair between fullback and left centre as the game unfolds.

Embarking on his seventh season at the Titans, Zillman was the hero when he kicked the winning field goal against the Bulldogs in Round 26 last season while Hoffman has made no secret of the fact that he wants to make the fullback position his own, a belief that led to him leaving the Broncos after seven years in Brisbane.

"It's going to be one of those things where there might be a bit of positional change during the game, fullback to left centre. It mightn't be ideal but we might start like that," Henry told NRL.com.

"It gives us an option to have two guys carrying the ball at different times who might be a bit fresh as well. 'Hoffy' has got a great carry, a strong carry of the ball on kick returns; 'Zilly' is quick and also got a very fast play-the-ball.

"I don't know if they're going to really rest out in the centres but you'll cover less metres than you do at fullback where you're following the ball all the time.

"It might be a situation where we have got some fresh legs at the back by rotating them between two positions. It's a bit of a change-up too, they're different style of players so it can work; we'll wait and see."

All throughout the pre-season Zillman and Hoffman have been alternating between fullback and left centre during training drills and in the trials. Any potential confusion is likely to be found out by the kicking games of Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah and half Luke Brooks but the upside is a lighter workload for one of the key positions on the field.

It also puts doubt in the minds of the defence when in attack and Titans half Daniel Mortimer is confident that he and five-eighth Aidan Sezer have done sufficient work to have developed combinations with both Zillman and Hoffman.

"We've trained hours each day all week for the whole pre-season so we've got some combinations with both," Mortimer said. "We know how both play so I don't think that will be a factor as long as we're communicating on the field.

"They both play pretty similar styles, they're both hard runners and quite skilful with the ball so as long as the communication is there it doesn't matter who's at the back out of the two."

Henry is resigned to being without automatic selections Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon for the season-opener but says it will provide an opportunity for some young players to step into some sizeable shoes.

"We've got to finalise our 17. We're going to be without at least three guys – 'Birdy', Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon – but Matt Robinson, Lachlan Burr, Kierran Moseley, Jai Ingram, there are a few replacements there," Henry said.

"They're going to have to step up because they're replacing some quality and some impact with our attack. Kierran Moseley and Matt Srama have been training well, Christian Hazard has been good at training, so we just have to cope with that."

http://www.nrl.com/henry-to-gamble-on-dual-fullbacks/tabid/10874/newsid/84110/default.aspx?utm_term=nrl&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Saw this coming. Depends on the exact meaning of 'dual fullback' means. It's been done before and has been successful and unsuccessful at times for different clubs.

Somone mentioned Ben Hampton at fullback? I disagree with this completely. He is capable of filling in at the back but he is a half by trade and its where he plays his best footy for mine. He is a player with a huge heart and alwayd bounces back after a beating.

The best option for Fullback for the Titans iin my opinion is Josh Hoffman. I think most people have judged him harshly and unfairly. I back him to become one of the besy fullbacks in the game if given the opportunity. He is a quality centre though, has all the attributes to excel in that position. Probably needs to work a bit more on his defense in tjis position though.

Titanic
01-03-15, 02:09 AM
Zillman is part of his plan...believe that sir
Could well be but my point is whatever they say is sugar-coated for the press master :)

DavidBouveng
01-03-15, 08:13 PM
sounds like we are going to get a lot of support and numbers to this game...i hope people behind the scenes are really going to deliver when it comes to game day experience, including bus lines, having enough food and stuff. you cant expect no lines, because a large crowd dictates alot of people are going to use the public transport...but it needs to be organised and understood that this is a free hit at alot of people and we need to WOW them.

We are going to get alot of first timers, or second chancers...the bigger the home run, the more likely to convert and keep them around.

Show and Go
01-03-15, 08:16 PM
Hey guys is there anywhere to park for free within walking distance of the stadium?? I'd be happy to walk 3k's or so if i had to.

cheers

JunctionBlock
01-03-15, 09:07 PM
Hey guys is there anywhere to park for free within walking distance of the stadium?? I'd be happy to walk 3k's or so if i had to.

cheers

I don't want it to sound like I'm having a go and your reasons are your own, but I never got what the problem people have/had, with the public transport to the stadium.

I think Robina town centre is about 3 km's away. Not sure if you're allowed to park there though, there was talk last year that they were going to allow a certain amount of parks to be used for the stadium.

5 Year Contract
01-03-15, 09:25 PM

This cannot be real. How can we still be entertaining the idea of Zillman being let anyhwhere near the fullback position when we have Hoffman and Mead. I call shenanighans!

Show and Go
01-03-15, 09:30 PM
I don't want it to sound like I'm having a go and your reasons are your own, but I never got what the problem people have/had, with the public transport to the stadium.

I think Robina town centre is about 3 km's away. Not sure if you're allowed to park there though, there was talk last year that they were going to allow a certain amount of parks to be used for the stadium.

I'm coming from Jimboomba so driving makes the trip shorter. Plus I'm planning on heading down early for early dinner with a mate.

Mexican titan
01-03-15, 10:18 PM

cheers

I'm still not sure about parking at Robina Town Centre but don't people walk from the Dog and Parrot pub which is not far from Robina TC. I park and ride by train from Helensvale so don't know much about the parking.
AS DB said they need to get the trains right as many times in the last couple of years they have stuffed up. I have still been at the station nearly an hour after the game finished yet at other times I have walked straight on to a train. Why they cannot line a few up between Robina and Varsity and just fill em up one after the other I don't know. They can do it at Sydney Olympic Park for 80,000 but not here it seems.

shamus
02-03-15, 08:38 AM
I'm coming from Jimboomba so driving makes the trip shorter. Plus I'm planning on heading down early for early dinner with a mate.

Mate.....2 choices that I can recommend. First choice is the park and ride at Mudgeeraba. If you are having dinner with a mate then drive to the Wallaby Hotel and get yourself a nice counter meal (or their restaurant if it is no expense spared) then drive over to Firth park for the free shuttle bus. Then do it all in reverse after the game.

Second choice....Drive to the Dog & Parrot at Robina and look for a fella named C-Whiz (Chris)...he will look after you.

timor 2
02-03-15, 02:49 PM
Anyone Guessing of what they think of what the line will be for the weekend? Apparently Whitey is out with a hamstring?

Hail Sezer
02-03-15, 04:13 PM
Anyone Guessing of what they think of what the line will be for the weekend? Apparently Whitey is out with a hamstring?

Zillman
Mead
JR
Hoffman
Don
Sezer
Morts
Douglas
Moseley
Pettybourne
James
Robinson
Myles

Hala
Ioane
Burr
Srama

is what I think we will see

TITAN PETE
02-03-15, 04:24 PM
Zillman
Mead
JR
Hoffman
Don
Sezer
Morts
Douglas
Moseley
Pettybourne
James
Robinson
Myles

Hala
Ioane
Burr
Srama

I think you may be close to mark except I think Ioane would be ahead of Pettybourne to start , I would prefer we went straight into round 1 with Elgey to start & Morts on the bench

This team is on a hiding to nothing & will be given zero chance of winning the match so I say play it with the kids

Bayside Titan
02-03-15, 05:01 PM
Zillman
Mead
JR
Hoffman
Don
Sezer
Morts
Douglas
Moseley
Pettybourne
James
Robinson
Myles

Hala
Ioane
Burr
Srama

I would have White instead of Petty.
And Petty and Hazard on the bench instead of Srama and Iione.

C-Whiz
02-03-15, 05:04 PM
Go Z-man, hope you have the best year of your career. If he's starting at #1 then i hope he shows us that he really wants it, earns it, and deserves it this year. No excuses.

teke
02-03-15, 05:33 PM
I think you may be close to mark except I think Ioane would be ahead of Pettybourne to start , I would prefer we went straight into round 1 with Elgey to start & Morts on the bench

This team is on a hiding to nothing & will be given zero chance of winning the match so I say play it with the kidsi'd prefer that aswell

Hail Sezer
02-03-15, 05:34 PM
i'd prefer that aswell

So would I

Show and Go
02-03-15, 06:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gold Coast Titans round one forward pack.
Reported via our Facebook group: <a href="https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD">https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash">#NRL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TLT?src=hash">#TLT</a> <a href="http://t.co/uMuMw7PDRw">pic.twitter.com/uMuMw7PDRw</a></p>&mdash; OverTheLineSports (@OverTheLineAUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/OverTheLineAUS/status/572295054301126656">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" ch****t="utf-8"></script>

Damn I hope Srama doesn't get the gig ahead of Moseley at Hooker.

Hail Sezer
02-03-15, 06:31 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Gold Coast Titans round one forward pack.
Reported via our Facebook group: <a href="https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD">https://t.co/uMJZgNUFUD</a>
<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash">#NRL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TLT?src=hash">#TLT</a> <a href="http://t.co/uMuMw7PDRw">pic.twitter.com/uMuMw7PDRw</a></p>— OverTheLineSports (@OverTheLineAUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/OverTheLineAUS/status/572295054301126656">March 2, 2015</a></blockquote>

Damn I hope Srama doesn't get the gig ahead of Moseley at Hooker.

That's just the team Travis Meyn named as the "possible" side in the GCB

nimud
02-03-15, 06:34 PM
I have only been privy to Titans twitter and what you good souls are saying on this site about our pre season prep. Playing wests Tigers rnd 1 is as good as it can be for us right now considering the disruption. Going off our club culture, I am expecting a determined effort, and hopefully we jag a wink to start the campaign. Counting down till kick off!

DIEHARD
02-03-15, 06:34 PM
NRL round one predicted teams

TITANS
William Zillman, David Mead, Josh Hoffman, James Roberts, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Daniel Mortimer, Luke Douglas, Kierran Moseley, Matt White, Ryan James, Matt Robinson, Nate Myles. Interchange: Matt Srama, David Hala, Ryan Simpkins, Eddy Pettybourne
Notable absentees: Ben Ridge (pectoral, round eight), Beau Falloon (stood down, indefinite), Greg Bird (stood down, indefinite), Dave Taylor (stood down, indefinite), Kalifa Faifai Loa (stood down, indefinite), Jamie Dowling (stood down, indefinite), Brad Tighe, Kane Elgey, Caleb Binge, Mark Ioane

Comment: The Titans are in chaos following the indefinite suspensions of Beau Falloon, Greg Bird, Dave Taylor, Kalifa Faifai Loa and Jamie Dowling over drugs allegations. Kierran Moseley is set to start at hooker in place of Falloon, with Matt Srama to come off the bench. Expect Nate Myles to move to lock in place of Greg Bird, while Matt Robinson is in line to replace Dave Taylor in the starting back row. David Hala, Ryan Simpkins and Eddy Pettybourne have been added to the bench. Coach Neil Henry has announced plans for Ryan James to alternate between left edge and lock this year. In the backline, Josh Hoffman and William Zillman are fighting it out for the fullback spot. The player who misses out will play centre. Anthony Don is expected to pip Kevin Gordon to a wing spot.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-round-one-predicted-teams-seven-debutants-set-to-take-field/story-fndujljl-1227240417485

DavidBouveng
02-03-15, 10:07 PM
What are thinking the crowd might be?

DIEHARD
02-03-15, 10:41 PM

Well got sent some etickets for the fullhouse memberships I bought.

It was...

11,127 so still a lot of work to do.

TITAN PETE
03-03-15, 08:04 AM

Anymore than 15 or 16k would be a shock for me

JunctionBlock
03-03-15, 10:09 AM
Frustrating part is that I have been stirring up all the people in my office to get on board. Three people have given up because the website stalls once they sign up as a member but they can't proceed to the checkout. Then I copped it because when they logout they get redirected to the Bulldogs members login area. I've sent an email to the club.

Toads
03-03-15, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I've had no end of troubles in the past trying to do stuff online via the website. As usual, it was a case of ringing Chris to get it all sorted out. It's something (Titans website) I've been quite vocal about in the past. As we already know, everything needs to be rebuilt from scratch (website included).

DIEHARD
03-03-15, 12:04 PM
Frustrating part is that I have been stirring up all the people in my office to get on board. Three people have given up because the website stalls once they sign up as a member but they can't proceed to the checkout. Then I copped it because when they logout they get redirected to the Bulldogs members login area. I've sent an email to the club.

That happened to me as well!! WTF!

DIEHARD
03-03-15, 12:05 PM
16,000 would be a good crowd IMO!

Anyone got a latest PAX?

timor 2
03-03-15, 05:10 PM
Titans
1 William Zillman
2 David Mead
3 James Roberts
4 Josh Hoffman
5 Kevin Gordon
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 Luke Douglas
9 Kierran Moseley
10 Edward Pettybourne
11 Ryan James
12 Matt Robinson
13 Nate Myles (c)

Interchange
14 Mark Ioane
15 Lachlan Burr
16 Matt Srama
17 Ryan Simpkins

Coach: Neil Henry

Titanic
03-03-15, 05:25 PM
By the time I finish I may not be the first to comment but anyway here I go:

1. Slap me dead with a feather, Zillman gets the 1 jersey.
5. Gordon gets the 5 and I feel faint.
10. An underdone Pettybourne nabs a starting spot and my legs go slack.
15. Burr sneaks in and the dizziness sets in.
16. Srama means we have no utility coverage except for 9, I pass out for a moment.
17. Simpkins finishes-off the lightest bench in the competition and I dial 911.
18. Then I checked our website and see that Paasi has been named at 14 so I'll just take a deep breath and wait.

In fact I quite like the team and really don't have too much of an issue there as it's mainly what I'd expected so it will just be 'wait, see and hope'. C"mon boys win one for the QCCC.

Oh yeah, nearly forgot ... need some vCash please.

teke
03-03-15, 05:31 PM
Strong squad

Lol

TitansFan92
03-03-15, 05:33 PM
Well TP is still in the team, Nothing has changed and no Don well this going to be a great game. Glad I traveled down from Rockhampton and brought the whole Family, wife, kids, Brother and Sisters as well as there kids. all up 25 people paid for everything. oh this is going to be fun

Titan4Life
03-03-15, 05:42 PM
I will wait until the end of this game to make judgements about the team. While there are a couple of strange choices, it's a new year so hopefully some of the players have learnt something from Henry and co.

- - - Updated - - -

SIX CLUB DEBUTANTS IN TITANS TEAM
<script height="350px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=t5anBwczqauTV3Zq_QNlYgrjo0cOID8S"></script>

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 05:44 PM
Diff team named on titans website. Paasi in, simpkins 18th man

Titanic
03-03-15, 05:46 PM
Well TP is still in the team, Nothing has changed and no Don well this going to be a great game. Glad I traveled down from Rockhampton and brought the whole Family, wife, kids, Brother and Sisters as well as there kids. all up 25 people paid for everything. oh this is going to be fun
Mate, you'll have a great time and I'm only sorry that I can't be there. A couple of livewire centres could work wonders for the Little Goat (yes, I know I should have called him a 'kid' but it may have been misunderstood).

Show and Go
03-03-15, 05:48 PM
Not much Henry can do with the squad he has got. I do wish he went for youth over spuds though.

gotitans101_
03-03-15, 06:05 PM
Not much Henry can do with the squad he has got. I do wish he went for youth over spuds though.

same. Just looks like another Cartwright named team to me. Why even sign Hoff if he's not even going to play fullback?

edit: and wtf, Gordon over Don? are you kidding me?

Sorry if I sound frustrated...there's just a few selections there that leave me wondering, wtf did some of those guys do to get the call up over others? I would have even loved to see Elgey get a shot off the bench for Sezer or Mortimer too...just to give him a taste of first grade like Sticky did with Cornish last year.

TitansFan92
03-03-15, 06:14 PM
Mate, you'll have a great time and I'm only sorry that I can't be there. A couple of livewire centres could work wonders for the Little Goat (yes, I know I should have called him a 'kid' but it may have been misunderstood).

I know we will have a great time at the game no doubt the family will love it after the last week and a half. Been on the coast since Friday so it has already been great.

K2G
03-03-15, 06:38 PM
My positives for this week's line-up:

*Really looking forward to seeing how Ryan James handles the position shift. Won't expect big things straight away - but it could be a great move for us. You'd have to think it won't help his origin chances though, with the Blues flush with second row options.

*Happy to see Hoffman in the centres. I hope he goes so well there, that Henry thinks twice about shifting him anywhere else down the track. One less man Mead has to jump to rightfully claim the #1. Regardless, we have a *potentially* very dangerous centre pairing with him and Roberts. Can we get good ball to them though??!!

* I will be watching Moseley and Paasi with a particularly keen eye. I'd like to think they will be two of the 'post-carty' era names who will survive the inevitable broom which surely has to sweep through our current roster. Would've liked to have seen Elgey and Li named as well, but its only a matter of time. Before round 10 I predict.

*I really like Ioane ... hope he can tap into that fat vein of form he found late last year, immediately.

Stoked the footy is back :banana:

Show and Go
03-03-15, 07:04 PM
I am more interested in seeing how Elgey and Fogarty go for Tweed this weekend.

Smakked
03-03-15, 07:09 PM
Awesome tigers by 10......

If we win this it will be a big win, Will be an interesting game. At least we didnt start with Rabbits :|

DavidBouveng
03-03-15, 07:26 PM
Gordon over Don is a bit rich, but i can see him giving Zillman a chance after a pre season with real coaches to see what he has got. if he fails to deliver, then he is all out of excuses and Hoff can slot in there.

excited to see some changes in the forward pack, and i love eddy petty, but i would have thought he wasnt ripe just yet.

we wont set the world on fire, but watching mosely, passi, ioane, JR and hoff is woth price of admission for me. plus eddy petty is always hustling. he will be fun to watch until he subs in the 11th minute

Titan4Life
03-03-15, 08:09 PM
There are a few 'strange' selections but I still think it is a decent side. Zillman at FB left me scratching my head but like DB said, maybe a new year, new coach situation will improve him. If not then Hoffman or Meady gets the spot. No more auto selections like in the past. Gordon is also another confusing choice as I thought Don would be the better choice, however I am willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

Some positives I can take out:

-Our centre pairing looks really strong with Hoffman and Roberts. They add plenty of strength, power and speed out wide. Add a hopefully fit wing pair of Mead and Gordon and we have a backline capable of scoring plenty of points.

-Ryan James at second row will be interesting and I think it will be good. His power out wide will be beneficial and I feel he has been wasted in the middle of the park. Just imagine our backrow if Taylor is cleared and able to play :drool:

-Moseley at hooker will be good to see. The bench spot probably could have gone to Elgey or Hazard but Srama will give Moseley a breather while still keeping our team on the front foot. Good hooker pairing.

TitansFan
03-03-15, 08:16 PM
Nice to see that Carty took the time to fax his team selection back to the Titans LOL

But seriously, lots of new faces... hard to predict what we'll see from this team...

Titan Crius
03-03-15, 08:22 PM
I have a heap of respect for Henry as a NRL Coach (plus he has a very good assistant Coach in Matterson) and with what has happened that did leave his hands tied a bit, but I respect his decisions and he knows the best and I am happy with the Team that was selected and all I ask is that they are competitive and have a real dig for the full 80 minutes, win or lose I just hope their game and effort is something that we as Titans Fans can be really proud. Lets get to the Game, Go Titans.
IMO why bag the team, lets just support the team.

Show and Go
03-03-15, 08:29 PM
TBH the selection of Gordon over Don is really splitting hairs stuff IMO. Neither are really that great to begin with. Wow this squad is a mess. Mortimer at halfback is what it is. A little bit of experience and hoping it works out. Sezer will likely be injured shortly anyhow so Elgey will get his shot then. I think Neil will just have to do the best he can with what he has got. I think his selection policy will change in a hurry if we make some big signings for next season.

Nick
03-03-15, 08:36 PM
Expect a "neil henry special" and have 5 changes just before kick off.

good luck to them. happy to see moseley given a shot.

teke
03-03-15, 08:37 PM
Gordon is getting his speed back and is a better finisher than a lot in the NRL, that is prob why he's picked over Don

C-Whiz
03-03-15, 08:45 PM
teke beat me to it, but I was just thinking Gordon has had a lot of time ot put the bench press away and work on his speed, so I guess he is getting back to his best. He was a hustler when he was fit and confident, so I'm prepared to see what he's got now.

Same with most of the payers. I don't know who is who in that zoo, so it's gonna be interesting. :surprise:

I'm gonna smash a few pints at the pub and then hit the members bar for a few 150 Lashes and then enjoy the game, regardless of the result. Just happy that the footy is back, and just glad we have a future. :thumbsup:

TitansFan
03-03-15, 09:09 PM
Great to see Mosely getting the number 9 jersey, I like what I see from him. Also can't wait to see Hoffman in Titans colours. Can't wait for the footy to start!

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 09:20 PM
Interesting selections.

Happy to see Moseley, Paasi and Burr all involved. Still frustrated over Zillman at fb although I agree with DB's justification.

On another note....
-Elgey and Fogarty are combining in the halves for tweed
-Ingram starting in the second row for tweed
-Li and Simpkins on interchange for Tweed

-Hazard on interchange for Burleigh

JunctionBlock
03-03-15, 09:26 PM
I'm sure the Tigers fans are just as disappointed with their team, difference is they had a full team to pick from. I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys come together. Win, lose or draw I just wanna watch my team play footy.

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 09:29 PM
Well said Junction. Looking forward to the footy being back!

Titan4Life
03-03-15, 09:47 PM
Well said Junction. Looking forward to the footy being back!

2 sleeps boys! Can't wait!

matti
03-03-15, 10:08 PM
Hopefully the first game with wash out the bad seeds in the team.

DIEHARD
03-03-15, 10:14 PM
Lots to be excited about and everyone's comments are firing me up.

Looking forward to Hoffman at centre, Moseley at 9 and a speedy Gordon. Also I think James will excell at second row. Fresh blood is good.

I'm sure the Tigers fans are just as disappointed with their team, difference is they had a full team to pick from. I'm looking forward to seeing how these guys come together. Win, lose or draw I just wanna watch my team play footy.

Good call and well said sir!

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 10:29 PM
Hope Paasi can bring some of this..

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=plM3Z3bjqfMyKAwRO_TMF9P2b2ZLPo9F&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

Titanic
04-03-15, 01:13 AM
Where's Crampton this weekend?

When we win does that mean those other duffers will play QCup?

Boonarga
04-03-15, 01:40 AM
Don was consistently one of our best last year. Deserved a spot. But if Flash is back to top form, tough decision.

5 Year Contract
04-03-15, 08:58 AM
Another year, another Zillman named at fullback can't wait to see him be no where in the vicinity of where tries are scored this weekend. Apart from that im excited to see how alot of these news players go and its refreshing to see some of our players get an opportunity! Bring on this weekend

ozynorts
04-03-15, 10:09 AM
I think we have to wait and see about the FB position. We have all been encouraged by the off season and the talk that King will reward those who perform. Let's not rush in and get all twisted up about the first team sheet of the season. Let's see what happens over the first few rounds and if nothing has changed in regards to performance then we can start making noise again.

Titanic
04-03-15, 10:41 AM
You're so right Ozy, however, if we're hoping for an undefeated season we have to win this one :)

gotitans101_
04-03-15, 01:55 PM
I just don't get all the love for Hoff in the centres. What am I missing here?

Mexican titan
04-03-15, 02:02 PM

There's no love from me - I want him at fullback. However as others have said I am prepared to see how this line up performs before making any real comment. I would rather be supportive than bag them before James gives away a needless penalty or Kevin Gordon leaves his opposite unmarked.

gotitans101_
04-03-15, 02:03 PM
Fair enough MT, yeah I've always seen Hoff as a fullback and nothing else, but we'll see how he goes.

Show and Go
04-03-15, 03:36 PM
Hoffman lacks the ball playing ability to be a fullback. He really belongs on the wing.

Show and Go
04-03-15, 05:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Nate Myles leaves Titans training limping after solid tackle from Caleb Binge. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nrl?src=hash">#nrl</a></p>&mdash; Travis Meyn (@travismeyn) <a href="https://twitter.com/travismeyn/status/573000904506400769">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

ozynorts
04-03-15, 05:08 PM

It's because we don't have a left centre and haven't for ages. If we miss DCE we need to go after a centre and a Fullback.

Titanic
04-03-15, 05:16 PM
BREAKING: Nate Myles leaves Titans training limping after solid tackle from Caleb Binge
That's one way to get into the team.

gotitans101_
04-03-15, 05:27 PM
That's one way to get into the team.

lmao....

teke
04-03-15, 05:43 PM
Hoffman lacks the ball playing ability to be a fullback. He really belongs on the wing.that is myth that commentators love to sprout these days. Minichellos, Rhys Wesser and co built a terrific career and not being able to pass like a Lockyer.

- - - Updated - - -

It's because we don't have a left centre and haven't for ages. If we miss DCE we need to go after a centre and a Fullback.i think it's gone beyond just DCE the Titans need. The team needs a lot of positions filled. Hoffman will take control of fb so that position is filled for the future.

Show and Go
04-03-15, 05:57 PM
that is myth that commentators love to sprout these days. Minichellos, Rhys Wesser and co built a terrific career and not being able to pass like a Lockyer.

He also doesn't have the speed to create something with that either. Sure he can play the position but he will kill plays time and time again because he doesn't know when to pass. Maybe if we had a quality halves pairing we could carry a guy like Hoffman at fullback. A good player but not a good fullback in an attacking sense.

teke
04-03-15, 06:14 PM
He also doesn't have the speed to create something with that either. Sure he can play the position but he will kill plays time and time again because he doesn't know when to pass. Maybe if we had a quality halves pairing we could carry a guy like Hoffman at fullback. A good player but not a good fullback in an attacking sense....and yet we have zillman sitting there. Hoffman is slow but certainly the best option this team has until Mead owns it

Show and Go
04-03-15, 06:17 PM
...and yet we have zillman sitting there. Hoffman is slow but certainly the best option this team has until Mead owns it

I don't disagree with you at all.

DavidBouveng
04-03-15, 06:30 PM
do people really think wests tigers fans are sitting at home unhappy with teddy, farah, moses and brooks as spine?

champagne problems my friend.

teke
04-03-15, 06:52 PM
do people really think wests tigers fans are sitting at home unhappy with teddy, farah, moses and brooks as spine?

champagne problems my friend.Lucky bastards

Titan4Life
04-03-15, 08:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BREAKING: Nate Myles leaves Titans training limping after solid tackle from Caleb Binge. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nrl?src=hash">#nrl</a></p>— Travis Meyn (@travismeyn) <a href="https://twitter.com/travismeyn/status/573000904506400769">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote>

Might be more out with stuff like this happening at training...

<iframe src="https://mediacdn.fanatix.com/view.php?newsitem_id=94860593&mode=embed" width="480" height="480" style="width:480px;height:480px;margin-right:20px;float:left;border:0;" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Credit to Ryan for getting up though!

CanterburyMember
05-03-15, 02:00 AM
The club needs real training facilities asap.

rj62
06-03-15, 11:24 AM
It's weird.
We finally got the positive change in coaching staff and Board.
We got rid of some players that were due to go.
We got got embroiled in a drug issue. (How other teams/players escaped is beyond me but that's for another day)
We went into voluntary administration and were taken over by the NRL.
We have no training grounds and are fielding a very inexperienced team.
We have been the whipping boy of the press, yet people have come out of the woodwork to show support for the Club.

Oddly enough I remain more excited than I have been for the past 3 or 4 years for the season to start.
I have every faith in Henry and the people he has bought in and I also think he has recruited well.
Let's get behind this team and this Club. It won't be an easy season but when we get through this the only way we can go is up.
GO THE TITANS!!!!

JunctionBlock
06-03-15, 01:00 PM
Even mother nature is against us. Damn you rain!

C-Whiz
06-03-15, 03:55 PM
Forget all that stuff...

Is golf on or not?

DavidBouveng
06-03-15, 04:24 PM
Forget all that stuff...

Is golf on or not?
Just got on to ask same thing. Can we get some confirmation of times and numbers in here, or shall we start a new thread.

Show and Go
07-03-15, 08:13 AM
Should be a good vibe at the game tonight after the big signing news.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 02:21 PM
I'm buzzing for this game. Wish I could attend. But Ill be grabbing a pizza and cranking up the volume here.

Does anyone want some etickets that I got with my memberships?

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 02:41 PM
I'm buzzing for this game. Wish I could attend. But Ill be grabbing a pizza and cranking up the volume here.

Does anyone want some etickets that I got with my memberships?

yes please.

i am a titanium west member, but bought 2 more so that my wife was a member, and gave those away. if you have any more, i have more friends who would love to come.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 02:55 PM
NRL kickoff is here as Wests Tigers face troubled Gold Coast Titans

THE 2015 NRL season has kicked off and it is hard to recall a season where all teams have such reasonably even rosters.

Every team should be entering the competition with some level of confidence or optimism. Wests Tigers are no different and, indeed, have some of the best junior talent in the game with the likes of James Tedesco, Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses and David Nofoaluma to name a few.

New head coach Jason Taylor was quietly confident ahead of the new season.

“We’re in a good place to have a good season,” he said.

Although the Tigers posted two impressive trial wins Taylor wasn’t getting too carried away with those results. “The way we’ve performed is important,” he said. “But Parramatta were understrength and the Sharks lacked cohesion,” Taylor said. “We haven’t been tested yet.”

With a new attacking structure in place and improved emphasis on defence Taylor is confident his team can mix it with the NRL’s big guns. “There is a good feel around the club,” he said.

“We’re confident we can do well, we’re just not sure where that will take us.

“We’re not setting any targets for the ladder, we just want to be consistent in what we do.”

The Tigers face a Gold Coast Titans team in crisis at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday at 7pm.

“I expect them to be really tough, they’ll be really keen to put all that other stuff aside,” Taylor said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 02:57 PM
yes please.

i am a titanium west member, but bought 2 more so that my wife was a member, and gave those away. if you have any more, i have more friends who would love to come.

Thanks mate, pleased to give them to you and your friends.

Please PM me your email and Ill send them immediately.

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 03:38 PM
alright lads.

gonna have a rinse and head off to the game. anyone meeting early for drinks? i'm going to try and get there for 4 or so.

good luck all, look forward to match reports after the game.

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 03:49 PM
alright lads.

gonna have a rinse and head off to the game. anyone meeting early for drinks? i'm going to try and get there for 4 or so.

good luck all, look forward to match reports after the game.

Good luck with the boot tonight big dawg :thumbsup: :laugh:

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 03:50 PM
Good luck with the boot tonight big dawg :thumbsup: :laugh:

Yea mate. We are all backing you in DB!

Bayside Titan
07-03-15, 04:05 PM
The temp has got abit cooler. Hope the breeze hangs around.

hammer
07-03-15, 04:26 PM
http://s18.postimg.org/keb3gkwt1/Screen_Shot_2015_03_07_at_3_23_58_pm.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/keb3gkwt1/)

This is a massive improvement to the game day experience...double thumbs up!

Toads
07-03-15, 04:30 PM
About bloody time.. Common sense seems to be catching on with the (re)new(ed) management. :D

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 05:21 PM
U20's Score through Cartwright , 4-0

- - - Updated - - -

Huddo Scores

8-0 KTC

- - - Updated - - -

Kick successful,

10-0

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 06:22 PM
http://s18.postimg.org/keb3gkwt1/Screen_Shot_2015_03_07_at_3_23_58_pm.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/keb3gkwt1/)

This is a massive improvement to the game day experience...double thumbs up!

Even got the sponsors logo in. I agree, great news.

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 06:33 PM
Lovett marking Roberts

Give Roberts the ball.

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 06:33 PM
Backs just ran out. The rmhlogo is minuscule. It's just a badge size logo under the right side of our yellow chevron.

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 06:36 PM
Lovett marking Roberts

Give Roberts the ball.

That should be the goal for Mortimer and co. If we can give him plenty of ball, he will be dangerous.

BTW there will be no Ronald McDonald logos on the jerseys for tonight. Travis Meyn said they couldn't get them on in time.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 06:37 PM
Tuning in from Hong Kong. I'm ready! We can win this game, no doubt.

Titans on the field warming up for today's clash against the Wests Tigers

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_em5NRU0AIosr6.jpg:large

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 06:38 PM
Sezer Hoffman practising s long ball and hoff then catches and then grabbers in behind for winger.

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 06:41 PM
Sezer Hoffman practising s long ball and hoff then catches and then grabbers in behind for winger.

Hopefully they can replicate that tonight. Really looking forward to seeing the backline plays we have supposedly learnt.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 06:42 PM

Love that move!

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 06:54 PM
My stream hasnt kicked off yet.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 06:57 PM
Teamlist for today to refresh our memories.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_ejRIdUgAAIIfb.jpg

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 06:59 PM
Gold Coast Titans @GCTitans
Graham Annesley gives Titans members and fans a warm welcome and a big thank you for your support #ThruNthru

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_esQQjU0AEZ8Pb.jpg:large

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:02 PM
Ah finally my feed is going.

Wow so many people in rock gear!

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:04 PM
Kevvie Walters my hero on sideline commentary. :D

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:05 PM
Hoping for a big game from Ryan James!

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 07:11 PM
ROBERTS!!!!!! Great kick Mortimer.

Myles and Pettybourne getting involved early.

lonegull
07-03-15, 07:12 PM
Roberts scores, and show a lot of pride pointing to the Titans logo after scoring

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:19 PM
Great to score first blood. Hope these penalties don't let the Tigers into this match.

Let's see how our defence measures up.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:21 PM
Roberts scores, and show a lot of pride pointing to the Titans logo after scoring

That is exactly how you build club culture and pride. Love it.

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 07:22 PM
Pettybourne is impressing me. Running hard and making some metres.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:23 PM
Martin Taupau is a monster!

teke
07-03-15, 07:33 PM
Nice to see some nfl passes making the game more exciting

Supergoose
07-03-15, 07:34 PM
Big thanks to C-Whiz! Supergoose is at the game. A little late thanks to some inept cricketers but I made it.

rj62
07-03-15, 07:42 PM
Any idea on Crowd numbers?

- - - Updated - - -

6-6 great stuff

lonegull
07-03-15, 07:42 PM
Great to see boof running the water and gre we look far more potent in attack with Hoffman at fullback

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 07:44 PM
YEAH JAMESY!!! Great hands to hold onto that pass!

We lead 12-6 at HT

Titanic Believer
07-03-15, 07:45 PM
James hammering the line an eventually try..

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:47 PM
Great to see boof running the water and gre we look far more potent in attack with Hoffman at fullback

It's great to see Boof back on the field and part of the team.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:48 PM
James hammering the line an eventually try..

Great to see him score. Lots of fist pumps in the air right here.

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 07:49 PM
Hoffman soo much better at fullback

Really happy with how we are going. Enjoying watching us play. We need some more dominance in the pack though.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:50 PM
Looks like Annesley is going to talk on Fox Sports soon. Should be good.

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 07:52 PM
Really liking the backline plays and wrap arounds. We are looking good in attack which we haven't seen in a long time. Zillman hasn't had a bad game but Hoffy definitely better at the back.

lonegull
07-03-15, 07:52 PM
Gee pettybourne and passi very impressive up the middle we are matching it with the Tigers

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:53 PM
Hey good luck to DB with his kick at half time!

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:53 PM
I can hear the audio on the stream but no visuals....

Toads
07-03-15, 07:54 PM

Hoffman soo much better at fullback

Yup, lookin' like it he owns it. Just means we'll havta go shopping for another Centre.. :frown:

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 07:54 PM
Go DB my bro!

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:55 PM
Ah bad luck. Next time mate!

K2G
07-03-15, 07:56 PM
Half time!! All things considered - especially in light of the footy we've been throwing up for the past 3 seasons - so so happy with the effort today. The structure (admittedly bumbling) in attack, depth when running onto the ball, go forward out of dummy half, the pride on show. Haven't seen anything like it from us in a while. Absolutely stoked about the signs on show so far.

Lol'd @ Robinson getting steamrolled twice in his first stint.

Mortimer, despite the heart he is showing on late kicks at the line, is going to play himself out of the 7 pretty quickly i think (hope). Some terrible touches.

Moseley is going to be huge for us this season and into the future.

gotitans101_
07-03-15, 07:56 PM
Gee pettybourne and passi very impressive up the middle we are matching it with the Tigers

Yeah both have surprised me a lot actually.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 07:57 PM
Zillman hasn't had a bad game but Hoffy definitely better at the back.

Seems so.

Ausphin
07-03-15, 07:59 PM
Quick thoughts on first half-

Good effort by the boys.

Moseley looks great
Robinson ran over twice by Tapuo.
Myles working his backside off. Keep him at lock
Thought Zillman looks good when moved to centre. Good defence and reads.
Ready for Elgey. Besides Morts kick for Roberts try been ordinary otherwise.
Dont write off Sezer just yet. If he is not relied upon to not be chief playmaker i think he will be fine. Playing with DCE would bring out the best in him, but Mortimer not so much.
Ryan James looks great.

Hope we can go on with it in 2nd half.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 08:01 PM
OK back into it, chat with you after the game. Let's get this win!

Toads
07-03-15, 08:21 PM
Not much has changed with our defense out wide, probably got worse since last season. :(

- - - Updated - - -

Nice touch from Jupiters Casino, donating to Ronald McDonald House. :)

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 08:37 PM
Re-sign JR. Now.

gotitans101_
07-03-15, 08:41 PM
Lachlan Burr has been nothing short of disappointing. Is he usually any better than this?

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 08:52 PM
Good effort lads. Througly enjoyed watching that.

teke
07-03-15, 08:53 PM
As good as the Titans can play imo which isn't so bad considering.

That right side defence is nothing short of nerve racking

rj62
07-03-15, 08:55 PM
Sounds like we lost it rather than them winning it. Great performance from our boys though given the off field garbage. Hold your heads up fellas, youve done well.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 08:58 PM
Well it was heartbreaking to lose, especially by a point. But there was much to be happy about and a few things we should be worried about.

Tigers should have been 12 men with that sickening shot on Zillman.

Crowd was 14,319. Not bad. I'd hate to imagine what it would have been without the campaign by fans and without the change in ownership.

Ausphin
07-03-15, 08:59 PM
There's that old familiar feeling that i didn't miss.

Try hard, just to make crucial mistakes and lack that little bit of polish at the end.

The Burr drop in the play the ball was the big mistake.

Really keen to see the reports of how Elgey went for Tweed.

Robinson and Burr disappointing, but Iaone, Pettybourne and particularly Passi were impressive.

I said previously i would be happy with a season of consistent effort and improvement. Effort was there, lets hope we can unearth some gems on the way.

nimud
07-03-15, 09:00 PM
Well it was heartbreaking to lose, especially by a point. But there was much to be happy about and a few things we should be worried about.

Tigers should have been 12 men with that sickening shot on Zillman.

Crowd was 14,319. Not bad. I'd hate to imagine what it would have been without the campaign by fans and without the change in ownership.

Good effort considering the past two weeks media circus. Really liked the look of Passi and James. Lachlan burr didn't match the hype. James Roberts is such an asset for the club!

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 09:01 PM
Just a few comments:

-A disappointing and heartbreaking result but the boys put up a great fight for a weakened squad. Keeping the fight for 80 minutes will definitely impress DCE as I'm sure he liked that we were in the game till the end.

-RESIGN ROBERTS NOW! That kid is incredible and as he showed today, he can turn nothing into something. Always tries his hardest in defence and his attack speaks for itself!

-Burr and Robinson were disappointing IMO. Didn't offer much and Robbo got knocked over a couple of times. On the other hand, Paasi was our best forward by far. Great metres and hits it up strong. Petty was also good with several strong runs as well. James looked good on the edge but we need to stop passing flat to him.

-Myles needs to pick it up. He made some good runs and tackles but the mistakes (like at the end) cost us. Needs to improve, espcially as he is captain.

-Hoffman should be our fullback. While Zilly didn't have a bad game, we looked better with Hoffy at FB. He runs the ball back harder than TP which puts us on the front foot from the start. Hoff is wasted at centre IMO.

-Moseley is our future hooker for sure. Looked great tonight and the wrap around plays were awesome.

-Gordon needs to be replaced by Don because he was really lacking effort tonight. Mortimer also should be gone based off tonight's game. LG or Hazard needs to come in! Sezer looked good I reckon. A few times he made the wrong choice but he was better than in previous years. Definitely passing more and not running as much.

lonegull
07-03-15, 09:02 PM
Morts showed tonight why LG should be halfback more attacking options, morts should be our bench utility option
Overall not a bad performance Burr was found out a few times he needs a run in the qcup. Impressive debuts for the Titans for pettybourne passi, Moseley needs to take Line on more and Hoffman showed tonight he is a fullback

teke
07-03-15, 09:04 PM
That right side defence guys......soooo bad.

TitansFan92
07-03-15, 09:04 PM
Ok I probably should wait to post my thoughts because the game was there to win and errors and dropped balls lost it for us.

Firstly Moseley needs to play at least 60-70 mins. When he is on the field we are a better attacking side. Srama can make way for LG imo.

Next if I see Burr in the team next week I will be asking why. Not ready for NRL imo. Made errors at critical times in the game and a stupid penalty from the kick off when then refs called held 4 times.

Gordon I am sorry but he has to go. That break just proved what I already knew, he has lost his speed. If that was Don or even Mead that would have been a try imo.

James although he scored a try I think he was disappointing tonight.

Zillman needs to play Centre until we find someone better then he can piss off all together. He is as useless as tits on a bull.

Overall I think it was a great game. Great Defence for most of the game and great attack when Moseley was on the field. Looking forward to next week.

Ausphin
07-03-15, 09:06 PM
Forgot to mention. Aaron Woods is a tool.

With him and Farah in the team the Tigers are in my top 3 teams i hate.

Toads
07-03-15, 09:08 PM
That right side defence guys......soooo bad.

Yup, we shouldn't have allowed those two tries in. No one within cooee of the corner post 'n 10 metres in on both ocassions. :(

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 09:08 PM
Teams Tuesday is going to be interesting next week.

teke
07-03-15, 09:09 PM
Yup, we shouldn't have allowed those two tries in. No one within cooee of the corner post 'n 10 metres in on both ocassions. :(right side outnumbered and on their heels the entire time.

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 09:16 PM
Teams Tuesday is going to be interesting next week.

I don't really expect many changes unfortunately. Knowing our luck Zillman will still be FB, Gordon still wing and Burr still in the team. Hope Henry is not like Cartwright with team selections but I'm worried he might be. But if he was watching the same game as us, then we should expect changes.

Titanic Believer
07-03-15, 09:24 PM
Kevvy seemed to be carrying an injury. At one stage he looked out of it. But maybe he's always like that?

teke
07-03-15, 09:28 PM
Kevvy seemed to be carrying an injury.he had 2 surgeries in the off season, he shouldn't have even been considered imo.

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 09:28 PM
Kevvy seemed to be carrying an injury. At one stage he looked out of it. But maybe he's always like that?

Yea. I thought it was shut the gate time. Great intercept though...

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 09:29 PM
I just have one question.....HOW WAS MOSES NOT SENT OFF FOR THAT HIGH SHOT?!?!?!

One of the worst I've seen ffs

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 09:41 PM
Match Report: Rd 1 Titans v Tigers

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/03/07/match_report_rd_1_ti/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1425724068910.jpg

A courageous undermanned Titans have suffered a heartbreaking one-point loss to start the season when Tigers winger Pat Richards kicked a 30m field goal with just two seconds remaining at Cbus Super Stadium tonight.

With the scores locked at 18-all, the Titans twice lost possession in good position to give the Tigers one last throw of the dice in the final minutes.

On the last tackle with just one shot at victory before the game went into extra-time, Richards came into centre field and the ball went to Luke Brooks to kick but he shuffled the ball to Richards with more space and he came up with an outstanding pressure kick to break the hearts of the crowd of over 14,000.

Ultimately, it was some dropped balls at the Tigers end that cost us although there were some controversial decisions in the match.

The Titans led 12-6 at half-time thanks to a great try from Ryan James on the left edge 90 seconds before the break.

After back-to-back penalties, Aidan Sezer threw a brilliant ball to James right at the line a couple of metres out and the big second-rower took two defenders over with him as he just made the try-line. Sezer’s conversion have the home side a six-point break.

Earlier James Roberts gave the Titans a dream start when he raced throw inside Pat Richards and got the edge with speed to latch onto a terrific grubber into the in-goal on the right side from Daniel Mortimer.

Sezer’s kick hit the right post to leave the score at 4-0.

Then came some controversy. James Tedesco was put onto the attack 20 metres out after a line-ball pass from debutant Kyle Lovett. Play was allowed to continue and James was offside at the play the ball an intercepted a pass that may had led to a try on the right side.

He was sin-binned for 10 minutes and from the ensuing set Pat Richards scored from an overlap in the left corner, then converted to level the scores.

But James’ try swung the game back to the Titans who received a rousing reception from the good crowd as they left the field for the break.

The Tigers brought it back to 12-10 at the 10th-minute into the second half when Pat Richards scored his second try when the Tigers took advantage of a third set at the Titans after a penalty and line-drop out. Richards missed the conversion.

Another couple of penalties saw the Tigers head up field and Richards levelled the scores from a goal after James was penalised for contact on Mitchell Moses as he kicked on the last.

Farah put his side right back on the attack when he shocked the Titans with a 40-20. Aaron Woods looked like he had scored two rucks later but the video replays showed he pulled up short in the tackle of Pettybourne and Mortimer.

But just three plays later the Tigers went to the left and James Tedesco took James Roberts on at the line and got the ball down. Richards converted for 18-12 to the Tigers.

The controversial moment of the game came when Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses took Will Zillman high in an ugly tackle. The crowd screamed for him to be sent from the field, ref Gavin Badger just put him on report.

After another penalty gave the Titans another set, James Roberts scored when he pivoted from dummy half and went over. Sezer converted from wide out to level the scores at 18-all.

Kevin Gordon intercepted and ran 70m but the Tigers defence ran him down and we lost the ball before we could set for a field goal.

We were in a golden opportunity to seal the match when on the attack with three minutes to go but James lost the ball metres from the line. In our next shot at them, Myles lost the ball on the fourth tackle and poor handling was costing us dearly.

http://www.titans.com.au/

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 09:44 PM
I just have one question.....HOW WAS MOSES NOT SENT OFF FOR THAT HIGH SHOT?!?!?!

One of the worst I've seen ffs

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OEMhtUJ0wjn/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

teke
07-03-15, 09:54 PM
Lolol first GIF of the season

JunctionBlock
07-03-15, 10:00 PM
Badger....Badger....We don't need no stinkin Badgers!

Gordon clutching at his shoulder all night. James' ill discipline should not go unpunished (with Bird gone he seems to have taken up the milking of penalties) and it's not hard to defend against an overlap when the ball will never go past him. Paasi hopefully played himself into the permanent interchange. Douglas is pedestrian. Moseley off the field for far too long. Myles was absolutely devastated when he came to the side line at full time. From my seats I thought Mortimer played the better game over Sezer but I'll watch a replay. At least he was able to put on back line plays as opposed to Sezer's side which is still "Cartified". Hoffman and Roberts were great. Gordon quite obviously has lost his speed with Brooks chasing him down with a head start. Tigers were offside all night and never penalised. Titans were made to stay 12 metres on side. I thought if the NRL owned us we might get some sort of a home field advantage but as usual we get the short end. Moses staying on the field proves that. I'm devastated but this is not our first pick team up against a full strength Tigers. Showing promise. 10,400 members announced. 14000 odd crowd was disappointing and I'm worried what the crowd for Newcastle will be like.

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 10:08 PM
need to watch the replay as close to action makes it hard to really see stuff.

taupau was a beast for them early...then stopped running hard in the second half.

Mortimer seemed to get the ball wider more often than sezer did, so ill have to watch for why people want Morts gone over Sezer.

Ryan James was really good, and quite bad also at times.

Petty, ioane, paasi were ready to rock and showed the mainstays what effort is.

We should have closed that out three times, but our forwards didnt show any patience or game sense.

Gordon is slow, and Mead, Don, James would have scored that long ranger..except that they wouldnt have got the intercept. they just would have been scored on.

DCE needs to get good ball to JR often next year.

Mosely was lively.

Myles was pretty good, but still ill disciplined at times.

- - - Updated - - -

and ninth spot after round one is assured.... is that as high as we will get?

Mexican titan
07-03-15, 10:15 PM
Haven't read any other comments yet but just back home and early thoughts:
- Moseley should play all the game as he was all over Srama. If he needs a breather move Morts there for 10 minutes. Srama was ok but he always comes up with a clanger like the pass he threw at a blokes feet
- kicking game after the first try was absolutely woeful. For Christ sake find some turf and occasionally kick to the corners. Straight away I think of DCE's kicking game which kills anything we have
- Burr and Robbo disaapointing
- a much better effort in attack and at we had options. In past years when we fell behind in the 2nd half we would have collapsed and never levelled up like we did tonight
- I know we have a had a few discussions on here about Gordon losing pace. Case closed on that after tonight in the affirmative
- I thought the report was the right call for the head high. Was high but not a stiff arm
- Ryan James was great I thought. A couple of errors but very promising for the rest of the year
- Overall you can't be happy with a loss but good signs for the future especially if a few blokes come back
-The three blokes kicking at half time should have been in Sydney at the Mardi Gras as all three kicks were limp
- And Carty's influence at the Cowboys seems to have started.

teke
07-03-15, 10:26 PM
Haven't read any other comments yet but just back home and early thoughts:
- Moseley should play all the game as he was all over Srama. If he needs a breather move Morts there for 10 minutes. Srama was ok but he always comes up with a clanger like the pass he threw at a blokes feet
- kicking game after the first try was absolutely woeful. For Christ sake find some turf and occasionally kick to the corners. Straight away I think of DCE's kicking game which kills anything we have
- Burr and Robbo disaapointing
- a much better effort in attack and at we had options. In past years when we fell behind in the 2nd half we would have collapsed and never levelled up like we did tonight
- I know we have a had a few discussions on here about Gordon losing pace. Case closed on that after tonight in the affirmative
- I thought the report was the right call for the head high. Was high but not a stiff arm
- Ryan James was great I thought. A couple of errors but very promising for the rest of the year
- Overall you can't be happy with a loss but good signs for the future especially if a few blokes come back
-The three blokes kicking at half time should have been in Sydney at the Mardi Gras as all three kicks were limp
- And Carty's influence at the Cowboys seems to have started.Omg, Firstly dont bring DCE into this discussion...sensitive !!

I told you guys yrs ago Srama cannot pass, Kev couldnt walk 2 months ago but still would beat Don in a race and i will bet anyone that. Ryan James...we just gotta hang in there watching him lol

Zillman played solid as did Hoffy, James needs more ball...Mead needs a nintendo or playstation out there as he gets bored and these frigin Roosters have already won the comp 40 mins into the new season.