PDA

View Full Version : Bird To Fly Away?

DIEHARD
11-02-15, 03:15 PM
Bird To Fly Away?

There are reports Greg Bird wants to leave the Gold Coast Titans.

It's believed the Titans star first asked for a release when he was stripped of his co-captaincy and fined $15,000 after he was issued with a public offence infringement notice by NSW Police and fined for urinating in a public place at Byron Bay last year.

The club said another off-field incident or further breach could mean he gets his contract ripped up.

Bird is currently on a $1.5 million three-year deal but could walk out as there are no shortage of clubs interested in signing the representative star, including his hometown Newcastle or with Ricky Stuart in Canberra.

Titans coach Neil Henry is aware of the rumour but doesn't think there's anything in it.

“There’s been no request from Chris Orr (Bird’s manager) to say he wants out of the place," Henry told The Courier Mail.

“He’s quite settled here and he’s got three more years to go. His wife Becky is settled and has a little business running.

“We’re expecting him to play good minutes against the Cowboys.”

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/2/reports-gold-coast-titans-greg-bird-has-asked-for-a-release-and-linked-to-newcastle-knights-and-canberra-raiders/

TITAN PETE
11-02-15, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't read too much into this & with the amount of back rowers we have at the club at the moment Birdy's worry should be will he make the 17 :eyebrows:

Titanic
11-02-15, 10:57 PM
If he plays like last year then we will again have a constipated left edge but he can go much better than that ... maybe if he's playing to impress.

Bayside Titan
12-02-15, 12:26 AM
I really hope he stays and its all just a media beat up. Like to see Birdy retire on the Coast. However if we were to let him go I say take $200k-$300k from what we would be paying him and top up the Deal offered to DCE.

toddythetitan
12-02-15, 01:15 PM
If he was to go to canberra id want a player swap for shaun fensom and some cash our way

Show and Go
12-02-15, 06:22 PM
If letting Bird go helps the club sign some genuine star players I'd be keen as. I can see Alex Glenn is off contract and could be an ideal replacement for a lot less cash.

Bayside Titan
12-02-15, 06:56 PM
If letting Bird go helps the club sign some genuine star players I'd be keen as. I can see Alex Glenn is off contract and could be an ideal replacement for a lot less cash.

That's not a silly idea at all. But only if Bird was to go. But I want Bird to stay until he retired

- - - Updated - - -

That's not a silly idea at all. But only if Bird was to go. But I want Bird to stay until he retired

TitansFan92
13-02-15, 09:15 PM
I personally would be upset if bird left. He is 31 this year and we have young second rowers coming out our ears. It could also mean we could sign another Marquee second rower. Jason Taumalolo would be a player I would go after and with Henry as our coach I think we would have a very good chance of getting him.

Show and Go
13-02-15, 10:44 PM
Jason Taiumololo is a pipe dream IMO. He would be an excellent signing but I just can't see it happening. All the eggs are in the DCE basket.

Nick
13-02-15, 11:07 PM
I personally would be upset if bird left. He is 31 this year and we have young second rowers coming out our ears. It could also mean we could sign another Marquee second rower. Jason Taumalolo would be a player I would go after and with Henry as our coach I think we would have a very good chance of getting him.

There is a lot of very loud whispers of how taumalolo isn't much of a Henry fan.

TITAN PETE
14-02-15, 12:49 AM
We would be more chance of signing JT than Taumalolo

Titanic
14-02-15, 01:00 AM
Taumololo is definitely not a Henry fan.