PDA

View Full Version : Will Burleigh Bears be the Titans feeder club?

Steelers
28-09-05, 08:34 PM
Are the Burleigh Bears going to be the feeder club to the Titans or are the Bears contracted to another club or are the Titans looking elsewhere for a feeder club (silly)?

robrabbitoh
28-09-05, 08:44 PM
yes bears ipswich and seagulls as in tweed heads will be the feeder clubs

Steelers
28-09-05, 08:45 PM
3 feeder clubs im sure the broncos are going to sook about that one lol

robrabbitoh
28-09-05, 08:49 PM
care factor for the broncos is 0 who cares , the broncos get their fair share easts tigers , towommba , souths/logan need i say more

Dakink
28-09-05, 09:45 PM
care factor for the broncos is 0 who cares , the broncos get their fair share easts tigers , towommba , souths/logan need i say more

couldnt agree more - they have had SE QLD to themselves for to long!

Steelers
28-09-05, 09:47 PM

bout time someone stopped the bronco's from poaching from the QLD Cup

Unbearable
28-09-05, 10:14 PM
Not that I'm any fan of the Bronco's, but to be fair, at least the Brisbane Metro could be legitimately regarded as their territory.
Other NRL clubs have recruited a lot more players from the QLD Cup than the Bronco's.

Titanium_BD1103
28-09-05, 11:48 PM
Are the Burleigh Bears going to be the feeder club to the Titans or are the Bears contracted to another club or are the Titans looking elsewhere for a feeder club (silly)?

Yep the Bears will become a Titans feeder club. Whilst I am slightly happy about it being a supporter of the Titans and wanting them to do well, I am also disappointed about it being a Doggies Supporter and this being our feeder club... less juniors... oh well means more buying from North Sydney PL then.... :D

So to answer your question, yes Burleigh will be one of the feeder clubs for the Gold Coast Titans... :)

Super Cronk
28-09-05, 11:58 PM
QLD has tons of talent up there...im sure there is enough to share around.

Teegy
29-09-05, 08:46 AM
Easts tigers are a feeder club for the Roosters

Dakink
29-09-05, 10:23 AM
Storm singing James Aubusson in Junior Kangaroos squad
Written by: Storm media release

Former Australian Schoolboy five-eighth James Aubusson, who has been signed by Melbourne Storm from the Sydney Roosters as cover for Cooper Cronk, has been named in the Junior Kangaroos train-on squad.

The Junior Kangaroos are due to play matches against Papua New Guinea in Darwin on Saturday, October 8th, and against New Zealand A at Telstra Stadium on Saturday, October 15th.

Aubusson will join Storm sensation Greg Inglis in the squad, with both players a strong chance of being named in the starting 13.

Melbourne Storm football operations manager Peter O'Sullivan is not surprised Aubusson has been selected for the Junior Kangaroos.

"He is an incredibly tenacious character," O'Sullivan said.

"He has a great deal of self belief to the fact he will become an NRL player.

"These players selected for the Junior Kangaroos are consistent high performers in the NRL when they break into first-grade."

Given the departure of Matt Orford to Manly next season, O'Sullivan needed to find a quality half-back to give back up Cronk, Orford's replacement.

"Coming through the juniors he had the best tackling technique I have ever seen. He is a highly skilled kicking, running and passing player with a work ethic second to none," O'Sullivan said.

"He will be a huge success given time to develop at the highest level."

www.melbournestorm.com.au

For further information contact the Melbourne Storm: 03 8412 4900 or Chris Couch: 0407 154 836

A Ballina product, his younger brother also has a lot of talent. An idea of the quality of player that is being produced down in the NRRL!!! His and his brother's attitude on and off the field when playing down here are exactly the type of player we want!

kingy123
29-09-05, 10:39 AM

bilambil jets are getting an 18s next year, and the titans are going to have a few training sessions a year at the new club, so bilambil will be

The Original Idiot
29-09-05, 01:42 PM
"Easts tigers are a feeder club for the Roosters"
Name one player from them who went to the roosters. the bulldogs got mcilwain from them.

Teegy
29-09-05, 01:45 PM
I just heard that from a friend tied up in league near their

Steelers
29-09-05, 04:27 PM
Easts tigers are a feeder club for the Roosters

well then why does darren smith play for the broncos if he is with easts? darren smith isn't part of the broncos top 25

Kallan
29-09-05, 04:35 PM
Because Darren Smith is not contracted under another club and he gets match payments from the Broncos.

[BroncosGirl]
29-09-05, 05:22 PM
The only Official feeder clubs for the Broncos are Clydies... and now Dolphins... of course they can however show interest in other players ... but thats just like any other team.

Burleigh will be a great feeder club for Titans.

ridgey
29-09-05, 07:57 PM
the clydesdale's and now redcliffe after a long assosciation with the roosters are the broncos feeder clubs,they also had their colts playing out of wests this season but as of next year they will be at norths aspley as andrew gee is coaching director out there,glenn lazarus was the coach of the colts this season.easts had an agreement with the sharks a few years back when langy was there and then penrith but now shane richardson is at souths i think you'll find more players like ex tiger trent young heading to the bunnies.