PDA

View Full Version : CC and MM Cup 2015

RenegadeGC
05-02-15, 05:56 PM
So a reliable source has told me that Victoria/Melbourne Storm has been added into this year CC and MM Cup competition. They will be in the Southern Pool with our GC sides.

RenegadeGC
07-02-15, 10:14 PM
GC White CC beat Wynnum CC
And Wynnum MM beat a Gold Coast 17s development side. 17s put up a good fight playing against older players.

DIEHARD
18-02-15, 06:37 PM
http://wa1.www.qrl.com.au/content/qrl/club/news/2015/02/18/connell_meninga_cup_/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1424232597955.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR DRAW (Queensland Rugby League has today released the 2015 Cyril Connell Cup and Mal Meninga Cup draws.

In a first for the QRL, two Victorian teams will contest this year’s competitions.

Drawn to play in Pool A of the Connell (U16) and Meninga (U18) Cups, Victorian Rugby League’s two representative teams will test their skills against sides from Queensland’s south east.

Pool B features teams from the northern, central and south west regions of Queensland, including reigning Meninga Cup and national title holders Townsville Stingers.

Northern Pride were the 2014 Cyril Cup champions after a tight win over the Stingers.

The opening round commences on February 28.

Pool A

Easts Tigers
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Gold Coast Green
Norths Devils
Ipswich
Gold Coast White
Redcliffe Dolphins
Souths Logan Magpies
Victorian Rugby League

Pool B

Mackay Cutters
Townsville Stingers
Northern Pride
Central Crows
Sunshine Coast Falcons
Toowoomba Clydesdales
CQ Capras)

Queensland Rugby League has today released the 2015 Cyril Connell Cup and Mal Meninga Cup draws.

In a first for the QRL, two Victorian teams will contest this year’s competitions.

Drawn to play in Pool A of the Connell (U16) and Meninga (U18) Cups, Victorian Rugby League’s two representative teams will test their skills against sides from Queensland’s south east.

Pool B features teams from the northern, central and south west regions of Queensland, including reigning Meninga Cup and national title holders Townsville Stingers.

Northern Pride were the 2014 Cyril Cup champions after a tight win over the Stingers.

The opening round commences on February 28.

Pool A

Easts Tigers
Wynnum Manly Seagulls
Gold Coast Green
Norths Devils
Ipswich
Gold Coast White
Redcliffe Dolphins
Souths Logan Magpies
Victorian Rugby League

Pool B

Mackay Cutters
Townsville Stingers
Northern Pride
Central Crows
Sunshine Coast Falcons
Toowoomba Clydesdales
CQ Capras

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/02/18/connell_meninga_cup_.html

TITAN PETE
18-02-15, 08:23 PM
Gold Coast White v Gold Coast Green game at Pizzey Juniors 28th Feb
CC 1.30
MM 3pm

RenegadeGC
25-02-15, 02:43 PM
Week 1 CC and MM Cup team lists

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/02/25/connell_meninga_roun.html

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 02:52 PM
Week 1 CC and MM Cup team lists

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/02/25/connell_meninga_roun.html

Green by 12

RenegadeGC
25-02-15, 03:00 PM
Green by 12

Tipping Comp? lol. Interesting to see Ethan Paikea has been named considering he has been struggling as of late with injury. Also positive to see Emry Pere back in the mix of things

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 03:23 PM
Tipping Comp? lol. Interesting to see Ethan Paikea has been named considering he has been struggling as of late with injury. Also positive to see Emry Pere back in the mix of things

Big E was looking very anxious at training last night (Mudgee) because he's not allowed to train with us until after the 1st MM game, Emry has been well protected in the past over indiscretions on & off the field & this is where he needs to repay the people who have faith in him....

I have 2 tips, Green by 10 & Emry won't run anywhere near E :thumbsup:

RenegadeGC
25-02-15, 09:18 PM
I'd be very surprised if Ethan plays... surely his knee isn't 100%.. big risk for game one. They would be better off resting then they have the bye and then using him on the trip to melbourne

DavidBouveng
25-02-15, 09:29 PM
i really need to get down to some local games. can you enlightened ones tell me where the good stuff is at?

I played for mudgee in its foundation under 12 team in 1992 (Fullback extraordinaire, long before it was popular), and made a comeback in 2007 odd as a 27 year old winger, in the last year before they became hinterland storm. played A grade, won a derby against Nerang, and scored a couple of Meatie's versus Currumbin.

so Mudgee is close to the heart. tell me when and where.

mdrew
26-02-15, 02:23 AM
Agree with Titan Pete's comments if Emery Pere can sort himself out, he is an amazing talent, wish him and all of the young blokes the best both on and off the field

TITAN PETE
26-02-15, 06:30 AM
I'd be very surprised if Ethan plays... surely his knee isn't 100%.. big risk for game one. They would be better off resting then they have the bye and then using him on the trip to melbourne

He's playing

- - - Updated - - -

i really need to get down to some local games. can you enlightened ones tell me where the good stuff is at?

I played for mudgee in its foundation under 12 team in 1992 (Fullback extraordinaire, long before it was popular), and made a comeback in 2007 odd as a 27 year old winger, in the last year before they became hinterland storm. played A grade, won a derby against Nerang, and scored a couple of Meatie's versus Currumbin.

so Mudgee is close to the heart. tell me when and where.

Pizzey Park this Saturday
CC 1.30
MM 3pm
Burleigh Juniors ground

RenegadeGC
26-02-15, 07:00 AM
That's good news for Whites. Definitely add some starch to the forward pack. I wonder how Keanu went with judiciary last night. The forward battle of this MM game is going to be epic. To very powerful and skillful forward packs.

I think the difference in the two sides will be GL.

Also very surprised Konrad Edwards wasn't name for CC White.

Hail Sezer
26-02-15, 07:04 AM
That's good news for Whites. Definitely add some starch to the forward pack. I wonder how Keanu went with judiciary last night. The forward battle of this MM game is going to be epic. To very powerful and skillful forward packs.

I think the difference in the two sides will be GL.

Also very surprised Konrad Edwards wasn't name for CC White.

GL will unleash

GC Green to win entire MM cup you heard it here first

RenegadeGC
26-02-15, 07:39 AM
GL will unleash

GC Green to win entire MM cup you heard it here first

Haha big call mate. But fantastic if they did. Would be awesome to see a GC side compete in the national final against a Sydney sside

TITAN PETE
26-02-15, 09:19 AM
I'm keen on seeing how the Victorian side goes because if you look at their squad you could be forgiven for thinking you are reading a Warriors team sheet..................does anyone have any info on any of the players, i did notice they were beaten in their last trial but it was probably against an older squad.

RenegadeGC
26-02-15, 09:26 AM
I'm keen on seeing how the Victorian side goes because if you look at their squad you could be forgiven for thinking you are reading a Warriors team sheet..................does anyone have any info on any of the players, i did notice they were beaten in their last trial but it was probably against an older squad.

Haha TP I thought exact same thing last night when I seen the squads. Will be very interesting to see how they go against redcliffe this weekend. I'd say they would be half decent with the Storm having some sort of input into their program similar to here on the coast.

RenegadeGC
26-02-15, 02:51 PM
Keanu has been cleared by judiciary to play this weekend. Big boost for the Greens.

Dawson vs EP when two giants collide. Haha

Hail Sezer
28-02-15, 03:30 PM
Any updates from GC Green V White MM Cup?

RenegadeGC
28-02-15, 05:20 PM
Whites won in both games.
CC white was 20-20 with a couple minutes to go. Whites scored to win.

MM White Won 19-16. No Ethan for whites. And no GL or AJ Brimson for Green.

Tyrone Davis was good for Whites as was Sam Elliott. For Green Caleb Williams was good. Very scrappy game in MM lots of penalties.

Hail Sezer
28-02-15, 05:23 PM
Whites won in both games.
CC white was 20-20 with a couple minutes to go. Whites scored to win.

MM White Won 19-16. No Ethan for whites. And no GL or AJ Brimson for Green.

Tyrone Davis was good for Whites as was Sam Elliott. For Green Caleb Williams was good. Very scrappy game in MM lots of penalties.

GL has injured his peck mate

JK about my bet that GC green would win entire thing...tricked you all...ha

- - - Updated - - -

who were the try scorers RGC?

mdrew
28-02-15, 08:42 PM
Results

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/02/27/rd_1_connell_meninga.html

TITAN PETE
28-02-15, 10:38 PM
It was a solid game but too many penalties from dumb play mm Green have poor disapline giving away stupid penalties all game they also lost Vito after about 5 minutes & Brent Woolf took it upon himself to try & win it on his own & they wouldn't have scored a point without him but in the 2nd half he got too much "White line Fever" which is the worst part of his game, agree 100% with Renegades best players on the park, Williams speed is awesome when he runs that back line play.

Sam Elliot & Tyson were very good for the whites & Sam Clark who played the last 20 was very saving a certain try late in the 2nd half.

Both teams will be much better for the run

Ethan hurt his knee at training & luckily for him he was found out before warm up & taken out of the squad

RenegadeGC
28-02-15, 11:20 PM
Seeing Caleb Williams in full flight was awesome. The try off the scrum was something short of amazing. He does remind me of a miniature Greg Inglis.

Hopefully we will see highlights from game as we did in the trial.

Hail Sezer
01-03-15, 03:02 PM
Album of CC match

http://www.smpimages.com/gallery.php?mode=gallery&id=5067&page=1

Hail Sezer
02-03-15, 06:04 PM
Gallery of MM White V Green

http://www.smpimages.com/gallery.php?mode=gallery&id=5069&page=1

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 05:45 AM
MM Cup player of the match etc:

3 Points - Apii Noema-Matenga
2 Points - Caleb Williams
1 Point - Brent Woolf
Players Player - Caleb Williams

Hoping all 3 will be contracted to the Titans 20's come 2016

RenegadeGC
03-03-15, 06:40 AM
There's also highlight of the Victoria vs Redcliffe game on Redcliffe YouTube page. Hope we will see highlights from the GC games.

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 07:30 AM
There's also highlight of the Victoria vs Redcliffe game on Redcliffe YouTube page. Hope we will see highlights from the GC games.

Redcliffe always seem to post highlights, when are one of the GC teams playing them?

Also, is Apiata Noema's future in the centres or 2nd row?

RenegadeGC
03-03-15, 07:34 AM
Greens play Redcliffe this weekend at Dolphin Park on Saturday. I think. Api future lies in the forwards how ever he has the speed to still play centre's he's like a Konrad Hurrell.

RenegadeGC
03-03-15, 01:24 PM
1st Half highlights of last weekends MM clash are up on their Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gold-Coast-Green-Mal-Meninga-Cup-2015/843780765664974

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 06:51 PM
1st Half highlights of last weekends MM clash are up on their Facebook page -

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gold-Coast-Green-Mal-Meninga-Cup-2015/843780765664974

Williams got paaaace

lonegull
03-03-15, 07:07 PM
Williams Got a LOT of pace, oh my god

By the geez their are some big boys in their also, future looks bright with the upcoming players for Titans

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 09:40 PM
From GC Green FB page:

This weekend Gold Coast Green MM side will travel to Dolphin Park to take on the Redcliffe Dolphins on Saturday at 4.00pm.
The 17 man squad is as follows -
AJ Brimson, Api Noema-Matenga, Brent Woolf, Caleb Williams, Denzal Ngati, Emry Pere, Greg Leleisiuao, Huston Holloway, Jai Whitbread, Jonah Haas, Jordan Birch, Lorenzo Cassidy, Paora Noble, Rory Lillis, Sheaziah Compain, Vito Sula-Siaosi, Zac Akehurst..
18th Man - Tray Nicholson.

RenegadeGC
07-03-15, 02:43 PM
CC Green lead 14-0 after 15 minutes.

RenegadeGC
07-03-15, 03:14 PM
HT - CC Green lead 18-4 over redcliffe

RenegadeGC
07-03-15, 03:53 PM
CC Green win 44-4 over Redcliffe

RenegadeGC
07-03-15, 06:21 PM
GC Green MM beat Redcliffe 34-14. They were down 10-06 at halftime

Hail Sezer
09-03-15, 02:27 PM
Highlights from GC Green MM v Redcliffe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_KmKuuLrdU (won't embed, unsure why)

Unfortunate to hear that Caleb Williams dislocated his shoulder early in the game, hopefully he will be back soon.

Api Noema looked very good and that was a ripper of a try by GL at 3:35..surely he will feature in 20s sometime this season. Just needs more experience playing at fullback

TITAN PETE
09-03-15, 03:36 PM
Highlights from GC Green MM v Redcliffe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_KmKuuLrdU (won't embed, unsure why)

Unfortunate to hear that Caleb Williams dislocated his shoulder early in the game, hopefully he will be back soon.

Api Noema looked very good and that was a ripper of a try by GL at 3:35..surely he will feature in 20s sometime this season. Just needs more experience playing at fullback

Thanks for the clip mate Api is looking very strong & i've seen him play for about the past 3 or 4 years when he went to Burliegh where he was always a centre..how times have changed for him but from the highlights Jai Whitbread looked really strong, he will make it barring injuries , also thought AJ played the best i've ever seen of him.

RenegadeGC
10-03-15, 10:15 PM
From GC Green Facebook pages -

"Gold Coast Green - Mal Meninga Cup - 2015
Yesterday at 8:45pm · Southport · Edited ·

Man of the match points after last weekends game vs Redcliffe -

3 Points - Brent Woolf
2 Points - AJ Brimson
1 Point - Rory Lillis

Players Player - Rory Lillis.

GC Green are again away this weekend against Norths Devils 530pm Saturday.

Squad is as follows Greg Leleisiuao, Lorenzo Cassidy, Api Noema-Matenga, Jordan Birch, Tom Landers, Huston Holloway, AJ Brimson, Jai Whitbread, Brent Woolf, Denzel Ngati, Rory Lillis, Zac Akehurst, Vito Sula-Siaosi, Jonah Haas, Emry Pere, Ephraim Morgan, Tray Nicholson, Paora Noble."

Gold Coast Green - Cyril Connell Cup - 2015
2 hrs ·

"Our team is as follows:

Caleb Pirini
Pou Te Tai
Kees Nicholson
Jaxson Paulo
Bayley Desmond
Conrad Green
Charlie Gee
Luke Mastroianni
Bodhi Burt
Noah Lolesio
Max Hielscher
Taine Tuaupiki
Ezra Tuitapa-Isaac

Joshua Vuta
Max Bryant
Liam Roby
Jordan Best
Gabi Salvo

With Saige and Payne being unavailable it is expected that Callum, Todd and Matt all play for the clubs sided this weekend (if a game is available to play in)"

Hail Sezer
11-03-15, 09:24 AM
Caleb Williams out for season unfortunately (according to his IG). Hope he bounces back strong for 2017, guy's a freak

RenegadeGC
14-03-15, 04:27 PM
CC White beat Victoria 30-22
MM White beat Victoria 22-14

TITAN PETE
14-03-15, 09:13 PM
CC White beat Victoria 30-22
MM White beat Victoria 22-14

MM won 22-20

Titanic
18-03-15, 08:36 PM
Caleb Williams out for season unfortunately (according to his IG). Hope he bounces back strong for 2017, guy's a freak
Terrible … would have loved to have him back in 2016.

Also, can someone tell me what the deal is with Victoria's inclusion, please? Do they play home and away, who pays, etc … excuse my ignorance.

Hail Sezer
18-03-15, 08:44 PM
Terrible … would have loved to have him back in 2016.

Also, can someone tell me what the deal is with Victoria's inclusion, please? Do they play home and away, who pays, etc … excuse my ignorance.

You got me :laugh:

Teams are out for this week

http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/documents/connell_meninga/2015-ccmm/team-lists/Round%204%20-%20CC%20and%20MM%20teams.pdf

RenegadeGC
18-03-15, 09:22 PM
Caleb Williams could be back later this year but definitely will be right for 2016.

Victoria are included in the cc and mm cup. And play home and away. Our whites traveled to Melbourne last weekend. They were supposed to be in the nsw Harold mats and sg ball comp but it fell through. So rather than not let them play. Nrl and qrl included them in their comp so as to further their development.

Titanic
19-03-15, 05:12 PM
Thanks RGC

RenegadeGC
21-03-15, 03:53 PM
Results today.
Green CC- game was called off just after halftime with Souths Logan leading 10-08 due to a neck injury.

MM Green beat Souths Logan 24-04

Hail Sezer
21-03-15, 04:10 PM
Results today.
Green CC- game was called off just after halftime with Souths Logan leading 10-08 due to a neck injury.

MM Green beat Souths Logan 24-04

Cheers mate, who were stand outs for MM Green?

RenegadeGC
21-03-15, 06:50 PM
GL was rocks and diamonds scored a couple of tries but also made some very simple errors.

Jai Whitbread was a machine. Tackled the house down and also had some good carries. I really hope the Titans try and get young a Woolf from the Broncos. When he gets in to hooked he is fantastic.

Hail Sezer
21-03-15, 07:07 PM
GL was rocks and diamonds scored a couple of tries but also made some very simple errors.

Jai Whitbread was a machine. Tackled the house down and also had some good carries. I really hope the Titans try and get young a Woolf from the Broncos. When he gets in to hooked he is fantastic.

Hopefully GL can iron out his game for 2016.2017 because Brian Kelly is all over the fullback jersey atm and playing superb

Last I heard we were a good chance of nabbing Woolf. Hope thats still the case.

RenegadeGC
22-03-15, 01:39 PM
CC Whites beat Norths 24-0
MM Whites lost to Norths 32-16

Unfortunately I don't think a rematch for the green cc vs souths Logan will happen due to the 2nd half starting and then being called off. Which is a shame as green cc were looking good leading up to 2nd half

TITAN PETE
22-03-15, 09:46 PM
Hopefully GL can iron out his game for 2016.2017 because Brian Kelly is all over the fullback jersey atm and playing superb

Last I heard we were a good chance of nabbing Woolf. Hope thats still the case.

A very good chance ,,, but his show boating effort when he was about to score the final try of the match didn't go unnoticed when he dropped the pill over the line..
Agree Whitbread was very good all day

RenegadeGC
28-03-15, 04:56 PM
Results from today's CC and MM gamed

CC Green 16 - 18 Ipswich
MM Green 42 - 08 Ipswich

CC White 62 - 08 Easts
MM White 20 - 42 Easts

Mixed bag of results. CC White look to have cemented their spot in 1st and with a couple of rounds to go and look good to finish there and make play offs

mdrew
04-04-15, 02:39 PM
CC - GC White 30 Ipswich 8

TITAN PETE
04-04-15, 02:59 PM
CC - GC White 30 Ipswich 8

& are off to the State Finals

mdrew
04-04-15, 03:25 PM
MM GC White 50 Ipswich 10. Sam Elliott superb. Liam Pakau scored for Ipswich

RenegadeGC
04-04-15, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately it looks like both MM sides will miss out on playoffs, they needed Norths to lose to Victoria today. Green sit in 3rd and White in 4th. Such a shame not all sides get to play each other and its not a home and away competition.

Awesome work by White CC, they may go all the way :)

mdrew
11-04-15, 02:51 PM
CC - GC Green 62 - 4 Wynnum

mdrew
11-04-15, 04:35 PM
MM - GC Green 40-4. Greg L a hat trick

Hail Sezer
11-04-15, 04:36 PM
MM - GC Green 40-4. Greg L a hat trick

Cheers mate. Any other standouts?

mdrew
11-04-15, 05:01 PM
Woolf and Vito were very good as well but Greg was almost untouchable, should have a few more but as a team they were trying to score off every play at the end

Cheers mate. Any other standouts?

RenegadeGC
11-04-15, 05:56 PM
Agree with GL being untouchable however he made some very poor errors in terms of handling and drop ball.

Green MM should have won by a lot more but pushing the pass and trying to much hurt them.

mdrew
12-04-15, 12:32 PM
CC - GC White 38 Redcliffe 24, backrower Ben Thomas with a double

mdrew
12-04-15, 01:00 PM
MM - GC White 72-10 against Redcliffe. Yes 72, Ethan Roberts a hat trick and a double to Tyronne Roberts-Davis.

TITAN PETE
12-04-15, 01:30 PM
Both great wins & MM needed a big win to have any chance of playing in the finals

RenegadeGC
12-04-15, 07:53 PM
GC White MM could not have made it in to finals.. Norths had the bye which gave them automatic 2 points unfortunately.

MM Green finished in 3rd and MM White finished in 4th equal points but Green having a better points for and against.

I think reading the ladders Green may have had the 2nd or 3rd best defensive record.

Big congratulations to CC White who will take on Sunshine coast in semi final as top qualifier and so far undefeated

mdrew
23-04-15, 06:57 AM
Good luck to the Gold Coast White CC side in the semi final against Sunshine Coast on Saturday afternoon, plenty of talented youngsters on display. Also good to see backrower and Titans boy ben Thomas finish the regular season as equal top try scorer. Also Josh Fauid is captaining the Norths MM side in their semi.

TITAN PETE
23-04-15, 07:55 AM
Good luck to the Gold Coast White CC side in the semi final against Sunshine Coast on Saturday afternoon, plenty of talented youngsters on display. Also good to see backrower and Titans boy ben Thomas finish the regular season as equal top try scorer. Also Josh Fauid is captaining the Norths MM side in their semi.

It will be a big day at Pizzey Park with Burliegh 1st grade to follow them against PNG which is becoming a new tradition for the 2 clubs on Anzac Day

RenegadeGC
23-04-15, 08:10 AM
It will be a big day at Pizzey Park with Burliegh 1st grade to follow them against PNG which is becoming a new tradition for the 2 clubs on Anzac Day

Awesome occasion for our CC Whites. Will be a massive massive crowd due to PNG playing, the atmosphere was unbelievable last year. Should be a great day.

mdrew
25-04-15, 05:06 PM
Bad luck to GC White CC losing their semi final to Sunshine Coast. Congratulations on a good season

RenegadeGC
29-04-15, 06:24 AM
Sam Elliot won the Matt Rogers award last night. Which is the most prestigious award a Gold Coast Junior can win for his efforts both on and off the field last night at the CC and MM awards.

Also Neil Henry was there and spoke about the Titans and the future of the club was interesting to hear. He spoke of LG re-signing and him playing on the left edge next year with DCE on the right and also the development of Parkwood home base. Was a great insight and to hear him talk about the club.

I'll try get the full list of award winners today :)

RenegadeGC
29-04-15, 09:06 AM
CC and MM Award Winners -

CC White
Coach Award - Brock Hamill
Most Improved - Ben Thomas
Best & Fairest - Lochlyn Sheldon

CC Green
Coach Award - Taine Tuaupiki
Most Improved - Bayley Desmond
Best & Fairest - Luke Mastroianni

MM White
Coach Award - Sam Elliot
Most Improved - Thomas Plater
Best & Fairest - Jack Peacock

MM Green
Coach Award - Jai Whitbread
Most Improved - Tom Landers
Best & Fairest - Brent Woolf

Matt Rogers Medallion - Sam Elliot

mdrew
29-04-15, 09:17 AM
Disappointing that 3 of the 4 best and fairest are not with the Titans but the team up the road, but I am confident that our junior development processes are on the improve.