PDA

View Full Version : Daly Cherry-Evans was kind of but not really a Titan!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Hail Sezer
04-02-15, 07:14 AM
The Titans are expected to table a club record $3 million deal for Daly Cherry-Evans

PETER BADEL EXCLUSIVE
THE COURIER-MAIL
FEBRUARY 04, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/02/03/1227206/962777-f8dc8988-ab6d-11e4-98ea-b0cbd556a12b.jpg

GOLD Coast have upped the ante in the battle for Daly Cherry-Evans with the Titans to formally table a club record $3 million deal for the Queensland Origin star.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans board have given approval for the club’s recruitment arm to pull off Gold Coast rugby league’s biggest signing since Wally Lewis joined the Seagulls 23 years ago.

The Titans have had Cherry-Evans on their radar since November and registered interest last week when club staffers, including coach Neil Henry, met the halfback at a Sydney restaurant.

Now the Titans are ramping up their poaching raid, with the club to make a formal offer this week in a multi million-dollar move that will test Cherry-Evans’ commitment to Manly.

Scott Prince was the Titans’ first marquee signing, with the former Test halfback signing a four-year, $1.6m deal to spearhead the club’s entry to the NRL in 2007.

But Cherry-Evans stands to pocket more than double Prince’s annual salary as Titans powerbrokers put together a three-year package worth at least $950,000 a season.

Parramatta and Cronulla are other clubs interested in Cherry-Evans, but it is understood if the Maroons ace leaves Manly at season’s end, his preferred destination is the Titans.

The acquisition of Cherry-Evans would be a huge promotional coup for a Titans club craving sponsors and a feel-good story following the $25m debt crisis that nearly bankrupted the club.

The Titans board are aware of Cherry-Evans’ star power and have given the green light for the club to make the 25-year-old one of the NRL’s highest-paid players.

Henry said last night the Titans had yet to table a formal offer for Cherry-Evans but the coach is determined to have the classy playmaker on his roster in 2016.

“We’ve had no formal negotiations at this stage but certainly we’d be interested in a player of his calibre,” he said.

“Firstly, Daly has great leadership qualities, he is a current representative player with Queensland and Australia and he’s from Queensland, so his family are up this way.

“There is that lifestyle fit and also he is a marquee player in a key position. We can only see where we get to when we work out whether we can table an offer and then his management have to work out where they want to go.

“We haven’t put a deadline on things, we’re having a look at what we have on our books. But when a guy like Daly or Kieran Foran (Manly teammate) comes along, a lot of clubs would be looking at those two players.”

Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr is anticipating an offer from the Titans in coming days after informal discussions at Grappa restaurant in Leichhardt last week.

“Daly went through a list of clubs that he was genuinely interested in and the Titans are one of those,” he said.

“The appeal of the Titans comes down to the right fit.

“Neil Henry would love to have a player of his quality, we’ve had plenty of talks with the Titans but we’re waiting on a formal offer.

“They’ve told me they are formulating an offer so we’ll wait for them to make the next move and go from there.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-titans-are-expected-to-table-a-club-record-3-million-deal-for-daly-cherry-evans/story-fnp0lyn6-1227206963179

- - - Updated - - -

This Saga is worthy of its own thread. Did Badel just say that we are favourites for DCE if he leaves Manly..?

hammer
04-02-15, 07:36 AM
Sign Daly Cherry-Evans and watch the sponsors line up to sponsor the Titans!

Hail Sezer
04-02-15, 08:05 AM
Will 950k/season be realistically enough? It seems like 1mil is the base amount most other clubs are offering..

Mexican titan
04-02-15, 09:09 AM
- - - Updated - - -

This Saga is worthy of its own thread. Did Badel just say that we are favourites for DCE if he leaves Manly..?

And it is a big IF.
I think it's pathetic that we are talking about players and their clubs in 2016 when we haven't even played a game in 2015 yet, but the NRL seems to keep wanting to accept this situation. It's also disturbing when Manly has never been a club to poach other clubs players.:rolleyes:
For the Titans sake I hope this is not yet another case of a Manager just trying to bleed another few grand out of a players existing club. IF he comes here it would be massive for the club and as Hammer said, the sponsors would be lining up. DCE would almost pay for himself with the sponsorship money he would attract. For a start we would get a jersey sponsor and there's $600-800k for a start. We might even get one this year if a company wanted to get on early to ensure sponsorship for 2016.
Somehow I don't think DCE for Sezer is an even swap!

- - - Updated - - -

Will 950k/season be realistically enough? It seems like 1mil is the base amount most other clubs are offering..

I reckon there would be third party top ups that would take him well above 950k.

JunctionBlock
04-02-15, 09:59 AM
Somehow I don't think DCE for Sezer is an even swap

We'll throw in Zillman and Motimer if that helps.

Fairs fair, contract negotiations need to happen throughout the year. These guys would probably like to know whats happening more than just year to year and it lets them concentrate on their footy rather than worrying about a contract. Only thing is we have seen these headlines before when we tried to lure Cam Smith up here. I'll be truly relieved when he runs down the tunnel.

TitansFan92
04-02-15, 12:02 PM
MT your just worried that the Titans are close to getting there man and your avatar tells me your more then a little bias on this subject. :p

karnage
04-02-15, 01:07 PM
$3M over 3 years will not be enough to get his signature. Would need to be closer to $4M.

Mexican titan
04-02-15, 01:12 PM
MT your just worried that the Titans are close to getting there man and your avatar tells me your more then a little bias on this subject. :p

Correct TitansFan92, I am more than a little biased on the subject.
There will be severe blood letting at Manly if DCE leaves as we let Glenn Stewart supposedly go so DCE could be resigned. The Board room issues have largely been solved but there are definite rumblings about Toovey, so it might be a good time to strike.
My anger at DCE leaving Manly would be lessened a lot if he ends up here. Him joining the Titans would be massive for the club and the area as a whole. He is from Qld, is a nice bloke, relates great to kids and speaks well.

Bayside Titan
04-02-15, 01:41 PM
I guess our offer could be the starting bid for DCE. I would not be surprised to see our figure go up. Does anyone know where exactly his dad / family live as one news article suggested here on the GC??

shamus
04-02-15, 01:45 PM
I am gunna guess and say his family live north of Brisbane. He used to play for the Sunshine Coast mob...the ex feeder club for Manly, I think that is how they found him. His dad used to play for Redcliffe so I can only assume from up around there.

teke
04-02-15, 02:19 PM
Manly will poach Elgey if they lose DCE and turn him into an instant star and premiership winning player. :D

TitansFan92
04-02-15, 02:55 PM
I guess our offer could be the starting bid for DCE. I would not be surprised to see our figure go up. Does anyone know where exactly his dad / family live as one news article suggested here on the GC??

I am thinking the 1 million would be the base and there would be 3rd Party deals on top. I know if my business was on the GC I would personally chuck 50k - 100k a year to get DCE to the club.

Toads
04-02-15, 05:14 PM
If we did get DCE to put pen to paper. It'd be a ****in' challenge for Searle to not poke his head out. It'd be a too big of a spectacle for him to miss out on. :tongue:

Titanic
04-02-15, 06:20 PM
I will play devil's advocate here and wonder if we are too worried about how much attention has been put into the flow-on effect to our emerging halves?

DCE is an NRL tried and proven star while Elgey, Hazard, Fogarty, even Sezer and all those who may or may not come after, are still wannabes at this stage. So the problem is keeping them interested. In fact, for 2015 they should be really interested ... if only to promote themselves.

Pay him overs if necessary but make sure we have the cash to ensure that we can implement a secession plan.

DavidBouveng
04-02-15, 07:19 PM
how are we going to find a third party sponsor when we dont have any FIRST party sponsors for our jersey. Surely anyone who would stump up 300k for him and not be recognised for it really, would already be spending 300k to get their name on our jersey?

Mexican titan
04-02-15, 08:36 PM
how are we going to find a third party sponsor when we dont have any FIRST party sponsors for our jersey. Surely anyone who would stump up 300k for him and not be recognised for it really, would already be spending 300k to get their name on our jersey?

DB, I think DCE would lead to a FIRST party sponsor for the jersey coming on board almost straight away. My understanding is that most major jersey deals are in the 600 to 800k range.
In relation to third party deals most of them are in the 50-100k range. They have to be carefully structured as to avoid being included in the cap they must not be linked to existing club sponsors. However for example DCE could be given a third party deal by a company for example where he would plug the product and have his face on the adverts in the press. There would be a number of these he can sign up to.
Frankly I think sponsors, both new club sponsors and third party sponsors would come out of the woodwork if DCE signs up. As I said previously he would go a long way to covering his deal simply by the money he would attract back to the club. For example $BW increased the Roosters crowds hugely in his first year with them. A million bucks a year can be largely offset by the above and the increase in memberships, crowds and merchandise. Of course if you have a star studded team the impact would not be as great but DCE signing would be huge for the Coast in my opinion.
Geez I have almost convinced myself he should come here!

Hail Sezer
04-02-15, 09:58 PM
The Gold Coast Titans are resigned to missing out on future Queensland Origin star Dylan Napa

TODD BALYM AND PETER BADEL
THE COURIER-MAIL
FEBRUARY 04, 2015 11:00PM

GOLD Coast’s bid for Daly Cherry Evans has become a critical component of the club’s future with the Titans all but resigned to missing out on future Queensland Origin star Dylan Napa.

Titans coach Neil Henry had set out a recruitment blueprint when he took over at the club last year, identifying Cherry-Evans, Napa and South Sydney’s Luke Keary as their three marquee targets for 2016.

Keary has since re-signed with Souths and the Titans hopes of snaring Napa are fading with the club told the 22-year-old is thriving under Roosters coach Trent Robinson and it would take an enormous offer to lure him north away from Bondi.

The Titans are now turning their attention towards recruiting a gun centre for the future, with St George Illawarra’s Junior Kangaroo Euan Aitken having caught the eye after the club lost interest in Kiwi veteran Steve Matai.

But for now Cherry-Evans is their $3 million priority target, an offer which is said to be less than the $3.3 million package the Sea Eagles are prepared to give the Test superstar.

Henry has told Cherry-Evans of the club’s future vision, but it’s a tough sell given the Titans are without a major sponsor and third party deals are hard to find.

Some believe a commitment from Cherry-Evans would immediately generate interest in the club’s three vacant jersey sponsorships, which is why the Titans aren’t afraid to voice their desire to secure the young halfback.

But Titans fans will be wary. It was only a three years ago Gold Coast powerbrokers were confident they’d secured Test halfback Cooper Cronk, only for the Melbourne champion to get cold feet and re-sign at the Storm.

Henry also knows the difficulty in luring marquee talent away from clubs, given he successfully retained Johnathan Thurston at the Cowboys during his final year at North Queensland.

“Lots of sides have tried to get the marquee players out of clubs. I think the reality of the salary cap is you can make plays for those players and it’s hard to retain players,” Henry said.

“The marquee players are the key men in the teams. The halves, fullbacks and hookers are the key playmakers and 80 minute players so he would be tremendous for us.

“He is certainly experienced now and he has great leadership and he can get a team around the park. He is certainly worth looking at, whether or not we can table an offer that his management are going to be happy with remains to be seen.”

The question for Cherry-Evans is whether he wants to remain a one-club player, or seek a challenge elsewhere?

He’s already won a premiership at the Sea Eagles, but the prospect of leading the NRL’s youngest club to a title and rejuvenating rugby league on the Gold Coast may be a prospect that excites a man keen to make his own mark on the game.

“I think he sees a club that has been through a bit of a changing of the guard. We’re out of Robina, there are plans to build a new training facility as well, we have a new board, Graham Annesley is doing a great job,” Henry said.

“Yes we haven’t got a major sponsor at the moment but we’re not underselling the value of that jumper and just giving that away. We’re confident the market will move.

“Our focus here in the football department is to get a team the fans want to support and to do that we need to be a consistent team and a hard team to beat. We need to get results at home.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-gold-coast-titans-are-resigned-to-missing-out-on-future-queensland-origin-star-dylan-napa/story-fniabrr8-1227208193869?nk=2c5c851af9cbfff608b48379b1c7fb95

Hail Sezer
04-02-15, 10:29 PM
Yeah I've seen a lot of Aitken, he's a promising player who plays beyond his years but this isn't the right thread to be talking about him mate.

The reason I posted the article was for the comments on Napa and consequently our pursuit of Cherry. Looks like Badel still reads our forum, don't blame him though really. We're assets :thumbsup:

Everyone in the know is saying we are still no chance at DCE but I guess time will tell. That piece has pretty much summarised our thoughts on here.

Also...another article which will become available online soon. Michael Searle walking away - i presume selling his shares. I wonder how this will influence the DCE pursuit and the sponsor hunt? Positively I'd assume, if DCE really is keen on leading this "rebuilding" stage on the field

Titanic
04-02-15, 10:58 PM
Henry running 0 from 2 and neither are hardly world beaters doesn't bode well for DCE … we would be a lot smarter to say nothing until they are across the line … one thing for sure the Dragoons will have the cheque book out for Aitkin now, if they didn't already as they've got nothing too.

Hail Sezer
14-02-15, 06:18 AM
Gold Coast assures Daly Cherry-Evans its future is secure

THE AUSTRALIAN
FEBRUARY 14, 2015 12:00AM

GOLD Coast has moved to reassure Daly Cherry-Evans the club has a future on the tourist strip amid fears a series of damaging headlines could scupper their bid to sign the Queensland and Australia superstar.

The Titans, having tabled a multi-million-dollar offer to the Sea Eagles halfback, will step up their pursuit of the 25-year-old when they host him on the Gold Coast early next week.

In a sign the Titans could be winning the battle for the playmaker, it is understood Manly are growing increasingly confident of retaining five-eighth Kieran Foran but have begun exploring potential alternatives should Cherry-Evans depart.

The greatest concern for Gold Coast is the continual innuendo over the club’s future. The Titans have been shadowed by rumours of financial problems despite an impending move to a new training base and the ongoing support of the NRL, which has thrust its considerable weight behind the club.

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley declined to comment specifically on the club’s pursuit of Cherry-Evans yesterday, but he did concede speculation over the Titans’ *future harmed their chances of signing high-profile players.

As a result, it is understood Gold Coast contacted Cherry-Evans to assure him the Titans were going nowhere.

“These rumours that keep appearing that the club doesn’t have a future on the Gold Coast, is going to be relocated — all of which are 100 per cent wrong — don’t help us when we’re trying to attract players of that calibre to the club because it puts them in two minds,” Annesley said.

“We have constantly said, the NRL has constantly said, that the Gold Coast is a critically important market in rugby league heartland and the Gold Coast Titans are not going anywhere.”

The Titans have several players coming off contract, including halves Aiden Sezer and Kane Elgey. Both could be targeted by Manly should Cherry-Evans decide his future lies elsewhere.

Former Sea Eagles halfback Trent Hodkinson also shapes as an alternative should Cherry-Evans depart.

Meanwhile, NSW and Australia prop James Tamou could become the odd man out as the North Queensland Cowboys attempt to retain New Zealand backrower James Taumalolo.

Taumalolo, off contract at the end of the season, has attracted big-money offers from Cronulla and the New Zealand Warriors. North Queensland are still favourites to retain him, but keeping him in Cowboys colours could come at a cost.

The Cowboys already have a large chunk of their salary cap invested in front-rowers Matt Scott and Tamou, although speculation has already begun over the latter’s long-term future in Townsville.

Tamou, returning from serious neck surgery, has been linked with a switch to Parramatta, the club he rejected before re-signing with the Cowboys.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-assures-daly-cherry-evans-its-future-is-secure/story-fnca0von-1227219146067

K2G
14-02-15, 01:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5RG3VG2.jpg

some pretty shady rumours floating around about the club and the tabled DCE deal. What do we all think? is the club bankrupt? is the NRL sourcing a 3rd party sponser for a DCE deal?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the NRL is providing significant financial assistance to the club, but surely 'bankrupt' is off the mark.

As for the third party deal... as long as we get him, i don't even care how. obviously bias, but RL staying and being successful on the coast is more important to the games image than any illusion of equality amongst clubs that some fans might claim this DCE assistance contravenes. lets face it, a few clubs exist in more advantageous circumstances than others. the nrl has to be able to level the plating field for the greater good when necessary.

DIEHARD
14-02-15, 01:38 PM
NRL getting involved in third party deals? Never heard of such a thing.

Hail Sezer
14-02-15, 01:46 PM
"Helping the Titans get a 3rd party deal" and "providing 3rd party funding" (for recruitment) are 2 completely different things that the comments in the screenshot can't seem to differentiate

We're an easy club to put down and it's no secret that Manly and Sharks supporters are getting pretty frustrated that we are being competitive for a player they want so badly. I'm not saying I think we're favourites, but I've read their forums and they don't like us, as the underdog, having a real crack at DCE.

I wouldn't read too much in to it K2G.....we'll see what Badel can dig up. He will be reading this I am sure. Hi Peter :wave:

matti
14-02-15, 01:51 PM
Cronulla has been the same way for ages with $$$ ; I think once the titans start killing it in the NRL people will think twice.

Bayside Titan
14-02-15, 03:30 PM
I can think of the Tigers, Saints, Knights and Cronulla are other clubs that I can think of that have need NRL assitance as well. From what I can make out it seems that the NRL are assisting us with things like marketing and other bits and pieces. "bankrupt " is a very strong word and the club would not chase DCE if things are that bad. We have to remember that the Titans are not paying the $600k rent this year so not having a major sponsor at the minute while concerning we are not pressed to take a low ball Sponsor offer. So IF the NRL are indeed helping with a 3rd party deal it's the NRLS way of saying that the Titans are going no where.

The other consideration is that the Suns $100 mil in funding will soon finish , and if the same was to happen to the Suns as did the Lions when the AFL pulled funding the Lions started to do poorly. So if we were to capitalize on the loss of funding to the Suns and the Signing of DCE then that could put the Titans in the box seat to recapture the Gold Coast and Qld again.

Also if Mr Badel does read these forums it would be nice of you to actually write positive articles about the Titans rather than trying to Bury us every chance you get.

Show and Go
14-02-15, 03:46 PM
$1.2 million a season for DCE is worth every cent. He is the best halfback in the game. He is young and he is from QLD. Money well spent for us if he ends up here.

teke
14-02-15, 04:37 PM
$1.2 million a season for DCE is worth every cent. He is the best halfback in the game. He is young and he is from QLD. Money well spent for us if he ends up here.im a diehard manly boy and even I know he's not the best halfback in the game. The money being spent on him will be to save the club from extinction and that will be worth every cent paid.

matti
14-02-15, 08:14 PM
Best halfback.. I don't think he is, too me, his not a entertainer; when princey was on fire that was excitement.

Titanic
14-02-15, 08:24 PM
DCE is a halfback and goes alright too but he's not a superstar just yet. As for the the forum comments from other clubs, I don't believe it. The amount of drivel being slung around about us at the moment is ridiculous.

Mexican titan
14-02-15, 09:13 PM
im a diehard manly boy and even I know he's not the best halfback in the game.

So am I and I don't think there he is far off the best (assuming JT is considered a 5/8). For him it's a great time to be coming off contract.

matti
15-02-15, 01:35 AM
i wish , albert kelly , DCE - best in game / in both in form

Mexican titan
15-02-15, 06:28 PM
i wish , albert kelly , DCE - best in game / in both in form

Huh. DCE and Albert Kelly mentioned in the same sentence??

DavidBouveng
15-02-15, 07:18 PM
i think the NRL helping us could be as simple as letting potential sponsors know we will 100% be around.

could be as much as trying to actively find them, but either is ok with me. just need to remember it when they help the raiders land elgey or some future star.

Bayside Titan
16-02-15, 06:03 PM
@paddykilmurray: Daly Cherry-Evans has spent the day on the Gold Coast meeting with Titans officials

Bayside Titan
16-02-15, 06:31 PM
@paddykilmurray: MAIL: a formal offer has been tabled to Cherry-Evans. Today he broke bread with the Titans board & was shown around the GC @9NewsGoldCoast

- - - Updated - - -

Cherry-Evans meets with Titans officials
http://www.sportsfan.com.au/appredirect/?type=news&id=S-1340726

Wasn't able to post the article.

Titan4Life
16-02-15, 07:18 PM
Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans meets with Titans officials on Gold Coast
Ed Jackson AAP
February 16, 2015 6:27PM

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2015/02/16/1227221/796464-3b874e9a-b5ae-11e4-b41b-d516c533d6a5.jpg

GOLD Coast’s attempt to lure Manly’s Daly Cherry-Evans to the Titans appears to have gathered steam with the in-demand halfback visiting the NRL club on Monday.

Cherry-Evans made a flying visit to Titans headquarters for talks with officials and to check out club facilities as the bidding war for the 25-year-old heats up.

The Titans are reportedly set to offer the Queensland and Australia representative a three-year, $3 million deal to join them when his current deal expires at the end of the 2015 season.

Cronulla and Parramatta are believed to be among other clubs courting Cherry-Evans.

The playmaker’s manager Gavin Orr confirmed Cherry-Evans had spent the day on the Gold Coast as part of ongoing negotiations.

“He was just checking out the facilities and infrastructure of the place and seeing if they wanted to present something to him from the board,” Orr said.

“He’s only interested in the club’s that he thinks he can improve and they’re one of the clubs.” The Titans are desperate to land Cherry-Evans, with the reported deal offered eclipsing that given to Scott Prince when he became the club’s first marquee signing before their inaugural NRL season in 2007.

Titans coach Neil Henry has already dined with Cherry-Evans in Sydney and said he would be a huge asset for the club.

“He would be tremendous for us,” Henry said earlier this month.

“He’s certainly an experienced player now. He’s got great leadership and he can get a team around the park.”

DavidBouveng
16-02-15, 08:21 PM
id love to know his take on the demountable training boxes. a drawcard im sure.

DavidBouveng
16-02-15, 08:31 PM
no matter what happens here, this is good for the comp that he tours GC.

We all know the tactic players and managers use to bump prices by appearing interested in a change of clubs. its very 2003, and old hat now.

The more advanced tactic is a club driving the price up, so that the opposing club retains the star, but cant offer its next tier player / players what they need. example - we are chasing DCE openly, but maybe matai or peta hiku on the quiet. We make loud noises with our left hand so they pay a premium to keep DCE, while our right is working on players who are soon to be squeezed out for lack of funds.

the other effect of this as a whole, is that if ALL clubs are ensuring that the top players are offered big money contracts forcing the club to pay top dollar to retain said star, it impedes their ability of signing or keeping some $200k player, as Foran is now demanding $900k to stay instead of his $700k worth because 'the bulldogs will go to $900k.'

everybody wins...except fans and clubs lol.

Mexican titan
16-02-15, 08:48 PM
I've never agreed with a draft before as per what the AFL do but this is giving me the sh1ts. Have I missed the 2015 season because everyone seems to be talking about 2016. Instead of a draft I would prefer that no player negotiations take place until after the Grand Final but could we rely on clubs/managers to play by this rule - no chance. So a draft it has to be, and this garbage about players needing to know well in advance to plan their lives is rubbish. If I was offered a job interstate I would get 6-8 weeks max to get packed and move which is ample time.
If you think I am only raising this because it's Manly - dead right. But look at it on the other foot - if some club was circling William Zillman for 2016 and he hasn't even played QCup in 2015 most Titans fans would be ........oh well bad example, but you know what I mean.

DIEHARD
16-02-15, 09:04 PM
Gold Coast Titans makes bid for star playmaker Daly Cherry-Evans

THE Titans have upped the ante in their bid to lure superstar halfback Daly Cherry-Evans to the Gold Coast with the playmaker visiting the club today.

Titans officials have been in talks with the Manly premiership player for a deal understood to be worth $3 million.

Cherry-Evans has spent the day talking to Titans officials and viewing the club’s facilities.

MORE TO COME

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-makes-bid-for-star-playmaker-daly-cherry-evans/story-fnj9yd9w-1227221788531?from=gold+coast+bulletin_rss

Titan4Life
16-02-15, 09:52 PM
@NRLAgent: BREAKING: DCE set to sign with Titans next week. Sezer going in opposite direction.

teke
16-02-15, 10:08 PM
1.6 mill a yr lol that is a joke

Bayside Titan
16-02-15, 10:12 PM
1.6 mill a yr lol that is a joke

Big numbers. I would think more like $1.3 mil with the other $300k on transfer fees etc.

Titanic
16-02-15, 10:16 PM
And the rent take over is a deadset give-away ... pull the other one.

Hail Sezer
16-02-15, 10:25 PM
@NRLAgent: BREAKING: DCE set to sign with Titans next week. Sezer going in opposite direction.

@NRLAgent: Will receive $1.6mill/year and take over the remaining 8 months of Sezer's rent lease

You understand that account is a piss take aye T4L?

Titan4Life
16-02-15, 10:48 PM
Sorry guys didn't read it properly. Seems obvious now doesn't it :laugh:

DavidBouveng
16-02-15, 11:12 PM
like costanza with a mango (or was it papaya?)....it moved. just for a second...it moved

DIEHARD
17-02-15, 04:08 AM
Daly Cherry-Evans checks out Gold Coast as he ponders his future
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/

MANLY halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has used a rare day off training to complete a lightning visit to the Gold Coast, investigating potential places to live should he decide to move north at the end of the season.

Cherry-Evans, weighing up big-money offers from Manly, the Titans and Cronulla, was accompanied by his partner Vessa as he held a brief meeting with Gold Coast officials before undertaking a tour of the tourist strip.

The Titans have targeted Cherry-Evans as the central figure in plans to turn the club into an NRL powerhouse, tabling a bid believed to be worth upwards of $1 million a season.

Gold Coast officials declined to confirm Cherry-Evans’s visit when contacted by The Australian yesterday while Manly chief executive Joe Kelly said he was unaware of the halfback’s movements.

However, Kelly said he had no issue with Cherry-Evans travelling north.

“Players are entitled to do whatever they want on their day off,” Kelly said.

Recent speculation has suggested Cherry-Evans is leaning towards leaving Manly, with Sea Eagles officials making contingency plans in preparation for his departure.

Titans half Kane Elgey, a member of last year’s Holden Cup team of the year, is among those under consideration to replace Cherry-Evans should he decide his future lies elsewhere.

Sydney Roosters pivot James Maloney, Parramatta halfback Chris Sandow and Canterbury No 7 Trent Hodkinson could also come under consideration, although the landscape would dramatically change should five-eighth Kieran Foran opt to consider offers from elsewhere. Foran is also off contract at the end of the season but has instructed his management to exhaust negotiations with Manly before taking him to the market. A host of clubs are ready to weigh in should Foran given his manager Paul Sutton the green light, including Parramatta and the Bulldogs.

Meanwhile, Sydney Roosters hooker Jake Friend expects to have a clearer picture of his immediate playing future when he visits a shoulder specialist next week.

Friend underwent shoulder surgery at the end of last season and was expected to be sidelined until May. However, he is optimistic he will be able to begin contact work next week

“I see a specialist in two weeks,” Friend said.

“Hopefully he tells me I can do weights and start a bit of contact. Than I will be able to pencil in a date (for my return). It’s not really fun training on your own and doing everything on your own.

“I can do all my rehab exercises and I have been able to run and row and do bike — all the fun stuff. I couldn’t do anything for a while and I am seeing improvement in the shoulder.

“Now I can actually see it is getting better it is a lot easier.”

DIEHARD
17-02-15, 06:14 AM
DCE Meets With Titans, As Manly Prepares For The Future
Manly is confident of keeping [Kieran] Foran and have started exploring halfback options.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/2/titans-on-the-hunt-for-daly-cherry-evans-with-record-deal/

Brent Read from The Australian has spoken on the rumours surrounding Manly Sea Eagles halves pairing Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.

“Daly Cherry-Evans is actually flying up early [this] week for a meeting with the Gold Coast," he said, on Triple M's Rush Hour.

“What I’m hearing is Manly is now more confident of maybe keeping [Kieran] Foran than Cherry-Evans and have started exploring options if Cherry-Evans goes.

“The name I’ve heard is the young fella at the Gold Coast Kane Elgey, so the momentum seems to have shifted a bit in that situation."

The 21-year-old Elgey has represented Queensland and the Australian Schoolboys in 2014 plus he was last year's Team and Player of the Year (Holden Cup).

Triple M's Ryan Girdler believes the Gold Coast need a player like Cherry-Evans - He's a winner and on the verge of being a champion player.

“They need a crowd puller, someone to get people through the gates, and he could be the answer," he said.

“He’s a Queenslander as well. There are certain guys that you just want to go and see that don’t necessarily make the team much better but they’re just a draw card in themselves, this guy’s got the whole package." Listen to the full audio below.

shamus
17-02-15, 10:05 AM
It seems DCE is set to leave Manly so if he is to go to another club then be it Titans. BUT THIS CANNOT BE AT THE EXPENSE OF ELGEY! We haven't even given the bloke a go yet........He could be up there with DCE by seasons end...agghhh!! So frustrating. What to do....What to do....

Hail Sezer
17-02-15, 10:09 AM
It seems DCE is set to leave Manly so if he is to go to another club then be it Titans. BUT THIS CANNOT BE AT THE EXPENSE OF ELGEY! We haven't even given the bloke a go yet........He could be up there with DCE by seasons end...agghhh!! So frustrating. What to do....What to do....

The ideal situation is that DCE and LG are our 6 & 7 in 2016. Fingers crossed.

karnage
17-02-15, 10:49 AM

I would drive Kane Elgey to the airport, and buy him a ticket for Sydney myself, if it meant we signed Daly Cherry-Evans. I'm starting to get my hopes up here with all this DCE reporting and that really is the last thing I need...

Titanic
17-02-15, 11:15 AM
Nah mate, signing DCE would be fine if we can but then we also need to hold Elgey ... the ones we can bump are Mortimer and Sezer although I could see Sezer fitting into a position in the backrow rotation.

titanfan1980
17-02-15, 11:18 AM
I would drive Kane Elgey to the airport, and buy him a ticket for Sydney myself, if it meant we signed Daly Cherry-Evans. I'm starting to get my hopes up here with all this DCE reporting and that really is the last thing I need...

I really like Kane as a player but anyone who wouldn't do a swap for DCE is kidding themselves, Kane hasn't played yet.. So an Aussie rep that will no doubt increase members, sponsors and game attendance.. I hope they keep Kane but if it's it for the future of this club I'm siding with Karange

TITAN PETE
17-02-15, 11:32 AM
Nah mate, signing DCE would be fine if we can but then we also need to hold Elgey ... the ones we can bump are Mortimer and Sezer although I could see Sezer fitting into a position in the backrow rotation.

At Burleigh with Zillman :eyebrows:

Bayside Titan
17-02-15, 12:20 PM
If we do get DCE its been mentioned a few times that Sezer will go to Manly. So for 2016 my general idea would be ;
9. Mossley
17. Morts

7. DCE (Elgey in origin time. )
6. Elgey ( Fogerty / Hazard in origin time. ).

Just a thought.

karnage
17-02-15, 12:36 PM
The thing with Sezar is, he was as highly touted, or more so, than this Elgey kid when he came out of U20's. The sad reality is that we don't have the football department in place that can develop a young talent into the sort of player that DCE is right now.

Titan4Life
17-02-15, 02:20 PM
Nate Myles lends a hand in recruiting Daly Cherry-Evans to Gold Coast Titans
Todd Balym The Courier-Mail
February 17, 2015 11:56AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/02/17/1227222/502151-e81ffc14-b640-11e4-a05f-87b0515cbaed.jpg

TITANS skipper Nate Myles has thrown his weight behind the Gold Coast’s attempt to recruit Queensland teammate Daly Cherry-Evans by offering to help house hunt for the halfback.

Myles was in a jovial mood as he spoke to media at Titans training on Tuesday morning, joking he was already out and about finding Cherry-Evans his new Gold Coast home.

“Mate I have been volunteering to do open house inspections for him to try and ease the move here for him,” Myles said.

“What he can bring to any club I think is fantastic. His experience as a halfback. His actions do all the talking. He is a fantastic player and a really good fella so if his choice is to come here we’d be blessed to have him.

“But yes I have been to a few open homes ... without his permission.”

Myles may have taken a light-hearted view to the matter, but the Titans interest in Cherry-Evans is serious and so too is the prospect of him moving to the Gold Coast.

The Manly halfback visited the Gold Coast with his partner Vessa on Monday and is close to deciding upon his future.

Myles said he’d happily speak to his Maroons teammate about the Titans and could understand him taking time to consider all options at his age of 25.

“If he wanted to chat about anything I’d be happy to talk to him,” Myles said.

“For Daly the decision has to be about him and his family.

“It’s not about what we want, it has to line up for him. A lot of people probably forget Daly is not as young as he looks.”

Titan4Life
17-02-15, 02:42 PM
TITANS TABLE OFFER FOR CHERRY-EVANS
17 February 2015
Rugby League Week

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Daly-Cherry-Evans.jpg

Sea Eagles superstar Daly Cherry-Evans has the chance to become one of the game’s elite earners after the Titans tabled a massive offer for the star playmaker’s services.

The Gold Coast club have officially tabled a three-year offer worth over $3 million.

Cherry-Evans and his wife Vessa visited the Titans headquarters yesterday to meet with board members and senior officials including Titans coach Neil Henry.

Henry has long been a fan of the mercurial half and hasn’t hidden the fact that he would love to have Cherry-Evans on his books.

“We want to be a team that can attract a dominant marquee player in the halves,” Henry told RLW.

“That is not to under-sell what Aidan Sezer or Daniel Mortimer are able to do but Daly is an Origin and Australian representative at the top of his game.

“He is in a certain league and he could work in conjunction with the current halves.”

Former Titans player Mat Rogers believes Cherry-Evans is worth every cent.

“To get Cherry-Evans you spend whatever you need to get him,” Rogers said.

“He is a world-class player. He’s not just a first-grader, he is well beyond that. He can steer a team around the field and he will be there for years.”

The Titans are not the only club Cherry-Evans has toured with Cronulla and Canterbury and his current club Manly still firmly in the running but Rogers believes the Titans must do everything in their power to get him to the Gold Coast.

“He is tough and has played in grand finals, Origin and for the Kangaroos – and he’s done it at a young age,” he added.

“Johnathan Thurston is the premier half in the game but he is no spring chicken, so if I had to pick a half who is the best buy and will give you the longevity you need, it would be Cherry-Evans.”

Cherry-Evans has told RLW he will not let contract negotiations affect Manly’s season with a decision on his future expected sooner rather than later.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans-table-offer-cherry-evans/

DavidBouveng
17-02-15, 06:09 PM
The thing with Sezar is, he was as highly touted, or more so, than this Elgey kid when he came out of U20's. The sad reality is that we don't have the football department in place that can develop a young talent into the sort of player that DCE is right now.

im not sure Sezer was this highly rated was he?

as for DCe and LG, i said to HS earlier, we need to sell DCE as THE reason for Elgey to stay, Tell LG that what better way to earn than under a great young half. sell him the dream of combining with (in 2 years time) the australian halfback for his HOME TOWN, dragging his HOME TOWN team to the finals and a GF. Pay him well, sacrifice a couple of high priced forwards doing a job that petty or someone just as able can do, and then when DCE gets older Its LGs team to control for the last 5 years of his career on top top dollar.

id hang around for that.

Show and Go
17-02-15, 07:03 PM
Sezer will almost certainly be released if we sign DCE. Lets face for all the potential Sezer has he just isn't durable enough to spend the $$ on. DCE at half with Elgey/Fogarty/Hazard in the 6 works fine for me.

Mexican titan
17-02-15, 09:02 PM
im not sure Sezer was this highly rated was he?

as for DCe and LG, i said to HS earlier, we need to sell DCE as THE reason for Elgey to stay, Tell LG that what better way to earn than under a great young half. sell him the dream of combining with (in 2 years time) the australian halfback for his HOME TOWN, dragging his HOME TOWN team to the finals and a GF. Pay him well, sacrifice a couple of high priced forwards doing a job that petty or someone just as able can do, and then when DCE gets older Its LGs team to control for the last 5 years of his career on top top dollar.

id hang around for that.

Agree with all of that DB but the three magic words re LG (because Managers will be involved) are "pay him well". I think they will need to as already LG is being talked about and would be already able to get decent coin at another club.

Titanic
17-02-15, 09:28 PM
Let's not forget that DCE went to Manly on almost nothing but a promise and Lawrence is another case in point ... it's 'what the club can do for you' that will be attractive.

karnage
17-02-15, 10:02 PM
Let's not forget that DCE went to Manly on almost nothing but a promise and Lawrence is another case in point ... it's 'what the club can do for you' that will be attractive.

Well said JFK.

DavidBouveng
17-02-15, 11:44 PM
thats my point. the club might be able to offer him a big pay packet, the chance to work with a star, to do it at home... what else do you want?

Bayside Titan
17-02-15, 11:50 PM

Titanic. Your comment"What the club can do for you " made me believe that we can offer DCE something that Manly can't or haven't been able to provide , and that is to provide a positive work environment. The articles over that past few years about Manly have suggested that a number of the Leadership group and senior players have a poor relationship with DCE. So I would imagine turning up most days and having the Stewart boys and Watmough providing a toxic environment for DCE and Manlys management not addressing this might play a part in DCE decision making. Also the Manly fans and community in some form see DCE as the reason for Glenn Stewart's departure so that could make it hard for his family on a daily basis.

What can the Titans and the Gold Coast offer him ?? The opposite of the above. A team that want him , Management that want him but more importantly a fan base and a region that wants him.

Ausphin
18-02-15, 08:27 AM
Titanic. Your comment"What the club can do for you " made me believe that we can offer DCE something that Manly can't or haven't been able to provide , and that is to provide a positive work environment. The articles over that past few years about Manly have suggested that a number of the Leadership group and senior players have a poor relationship with DCE. So I would imagine turning up most days and having the Stewart boys and Watmough providing a toxic environment for DCE and Manlys management not addressing this might play a part in DCE decision making. Also the Manly fans and community in some form see DCE as the reason for Glenn Stewart's departure so that could make it hard for his family on a daily basis.

What can the Titans and the Gold Coast offer him ?? The opposite of the above. A team that want him , Management that want him but more importantly a fan base and a region that wants him.

I wonder if captaincy was offered as well? Would make sense, but not sure if you want to over burden the guy. If, fingers crossed, he decides to come, many will be looking to him as the saviour anyway.

It is looking more likely that Bird will be gone after this season and i think we need a class centre as priority 1 for next season.

Lets just hope that DCE makes a decision soon.

Toads
18-02-15, 08:52 AM
We got a class centre in the making.. Hoffman.

I know most would rather see him at fullback, but to me I'd prefer see him utilise his speed and defense out wide.

Mexican titan
18-02-15, 09:45 AM

You are probably right with all of that mate but one aspect you didn't raise is the fact that it might be DCE that gets players offside. Yes he had a poor relationship with Choc Watmough and some other players but was that due to DCE? Just putting it out there that's all.
Believe me, Manly fans and management want him to stay. Management made a decision to cut Glenn Stewart in order to afford the retention of DCE and if that doesn't happen then Manly's management will be getting a few questions fired at them, although the CEO recently changed.
The circus continues.

Bayside Titan
18-02-15, 10:08 AM
C
You are probably right with all of that mate but one aspect you didn't raise is the fact that it might be DCE that gets players offside. Yes he had a poor relationship with Choc Watmough and some other players but was that due to DCE? Just putting it out there that's all.
Believe me, Manly fans and management want him to stay. Management made a decision to cut Glenn Stewart in order to afford the retention of DCE and if that doesn't happen then Manly's management will be getting a few questions fired at them, although the CEO recently changed.
The circus continues.

Good point MT DCE could be a part of the problem. We don't know.

JunctionBlock
18-02-15, 10:33 AM
Hopefully paying him what he's worth rather than half of his worth will fix any possible character flaws.

TITAN PETE
18-02-15, 11:32 AM
I think he's the future QLD & Australian Captain which will all go well for the Titans fans & their sponsors which i'm sure will be tearing the door down "When" DCE signs on :thumbsup:

TitansFan92
18-02-15, 11:47 AM
C

Good point MT DCE could be a part of the problem. We don't know.

I think the problem players had with DCE would be that Glen and Watmough were let go to retain him.

Mexican titan
18-02-15, 12:07 PM
I think he's the future QLD & Australian Captain which will all go well for the Titans fans & their sponsors which i'm sure will be tearing the door down "When" DCE signs on :thumbsup:

No doubt. As I said previously, if DCE signs on for next season I reckon we would get a major sponsor for this year as sponsors would get on early.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the problem players had with DCE would be that Glen and Watmough were let go to retain him.

It's strange why players have a problem with other players due to decisions made by management. For example DCE didn't make the decision to let other players leave.
In relation to Stewart, it has been publicly stated by Manly that they let him go to accommodate DCE (and probably Foran as he will be on similar money). Watmough left because he wanted a three year contract and Manly wanted to offer two years which I agree with due to his age. I think his friction with DCE, and his love for Brad Arthur probably were also factors but what do you believe these days.

Titanic
18-02-15, 12:57 PM
I reckon the old dogs Watmough and the Stewarts just didn't want any change to their power base ... they lost a large proportion of that when Hasler left.

teke
18-02-15, 02:05 PM
We got a class centre in the making.. Hoffman.

I know most would rather see him at fullback, but to me I'd prefer see him utilise his speed and defense out wide.Hoffman is playing like an old man, his injuries are catching up on him fast. He is very slow and it wasn't until he came here that i see what the Broncos saw.

DIEHARD
18-02-15, 03:52 PM
Diligent in-demand halfback Daly Cherry-Evans sizes up Gold Coast lifestyle and options
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au

DALY Cherry-Evans has sought assurances over the Titans’ financial health and local schools in the latest sign the Maroons ace is considering a move to the Gold Coast.

A series of statements by Cherry-Evans and his wife Vessa at a two-hour meeting on Monday suggests the couple are serious about starting a new chapter on the holiday strip.

As part of their due diligence, Cherry-Evans and Vessa on Monday attended the Frizelle Motor Group at Southport, the business office of Titans chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle.

Also present at the meeting were Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly, Cherry-Evans’ manager Chris Orr and Gold Coast coach Neil Henry.

Cherry-Evans told the gathering that while he is forensically assessing the prospective merits of three NRL suitors, he is determined to sort out his future as soon as possible.

The Titans have tabled a three-year offer worth $1m a season, but Cherry-Evans was equally concerned about the future of a club that battled a $25m debt crisis three years ago.

The Manly playmaker listened intently as Kelly quelled fears about the club’s bottom line, outlining his blueprint for the Titans.

Vessa, who gave birth to the couple’s second child last year, asked Titans powerbrokers about schooling options in the Gold Coast area.
The Sea Eagles remain favourites to retain Cherry-Evans, but the Gold Coast are hoping the meeting bolstered the halfback’s faith in the Titans brand.

“We’re waiting for him to make his decision now,” Titans boss Graham Annesley said.

“He’s a superstar, we’re very interested in him and he knows that, but the decision is ultimately his.

“I don’t know what anyone else is offering but, yes, we have tabled an offer and the ball is in his court now.”

Broncos halfback Ben Hunt, who spent time with Cherry-Evans in Queensland Origin camp last year and played alongside him in the end-of-season Four Nations, backed the Titans’ pursuit of the 25-year-old.

“Daly would be great for the Titans,” Hunt said.

“Being a Queensland boy he would enjoy his time in the Sunshine State.

“The Titans would be a great place for him. Wherever he goes he will play good football, but if the Titans get players around him he can help rebuild the club.”

Titans skipper Nate Myles has even offered to help Cherry-Evans find a new house as the Maroons schemer confronts the biggest decision of his career.

“I have been volunteering to do open-house inspections for him to try and ease the move here for him,” Myles said.

“What he can bring to any club I think is fantastic, (such as) his experience as a halfback. His actions do all the talking.

“He is a fantastic player and a really good fella, so if his choice is to come here we’d be blessed to have him.
“If he wanted to chat about anything, I’d be happy to talk to him.

“For Daly, the decision has to be about him and his family.

“It’s not about what we want, it has to line up for him. A lot of people probably forget Daly is not as young as he looks.”

Show and Go
18-02-15, 06:20 PM
The Titans give DCE the opportunity to make a club. To take a club from being irrelevant to being a team that wins Premierships. If he comes he will own this city. He will be big. He will be everything. Players will move to the GC to play by his side. He is so good we need to sign him.

matti
18-02-15, 10:23 PM
^^ just had a orgasm

beeps
19-02-15, 12:02 AM
I'm trying not to get my hopes up after missing out on G.I. and Cronk

but it hasn't stopped me checking this forum looking for a " DCE Signs 4 Year Deal with the Titans " topic

Hail Sezer
19-02-15, 08:12 AM
Via Grill Team's twitter..

@MyMateDobbo says recent DCE visit to @GCTitans is a "smokescreen" & he won't be leaving @SeaEagles but don't rule out @Cronulla_Sharks

Ben Dobbin has been writing us off this entire time. Hope he's just guessing.

Titan4Life
22-02-15, 12:08 PM
Crisis club Gold Goast Titans struggling to keep bid for Manly’s Daly Cherry-Evans alive
DAVID RICCIO THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
FEBRUARY 21, 2015 11:00PM SHARE

THE Gold Coast Titans have just seven days to overcome the cocaine crisis which has engulfed the club or they can kiss goodbye any chance of signing off-contract star Daly Cherry-Evans.

The almost impossible task is what besieged Titans officials are faced with as the Manly play maker edges towards making a call on his future by the end of next weekend.

Amid a backdrop of uncertainty and suspicion, the Titans must somehow prove to Cherry-Evans they can still action the sales pitch delivered to the Queensland representative half last week which was heavily promoted on culture, stability and premiership success.

While Manly remain optimistic about retaining Cherry-Evans, the premiership-winning halfback is planning to complete a round of follow-up meetings with rival Sydney clubs over the next 72-hours which will leave him in a strong position to make the biggest decision of his career by next weekend.

Canterbury, Parramatta and Cronulla are all in the race for Cherry-Evans’ signature — and given the dramatic turn of events on the Gold Coast, it appears increasingly likely that he’ll be remaining in Sydney.

Privately, Titans officials believe they are still a fighting chance to sign Cherry-Evans — who turned 26 last Friday — given the size of their three-year $3 million dollar offer.

But money isn’t everything.

Cherry-Evans, with his boyish looks and clean-skin image, is at the prime of his career and his management are taking a strategic approach into furnishing their star client’s ‘brand’ off the field.

He also has a young family with wife Vessa and relies on the support of family on the Northern Beaches.

As of Saturday, the Titans offer is considered over and above that of any other club, but given the current stench on the Coast — what use is Cherry-Evans gracing billboards in team playing gear, when the Queensland Crime and Corruption Commission have the power to end the careers of his possible future team-mates?

This latest scandal is just another in a long line of issues which have confronted the Gold Coast club since returning to the NRL in 2007.

Salary cap rorts, off-field player dramas, dwindling crowds, no major sponsor and the sacking of coach John Cartwright last year has left the Titans nursing a black eye that never heals.

The Bulldogs’ interest in Cherry-Evans — and his Manly halves partner Kieran Foran — is not surprising given the ties with former Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler.

The Dogs have halfback Trent Hodkinson off-contract at the end of 2015 and while intermediate discussions are under way, Hasler isn’t alone in showing interest in signing the 2014 Dally M halfback of the year.

In his second year at the helm, Parramatta coach Brad Arthur continues to assess his playing roster and without Jarryd Hayne, is eager to secure a game-changer like Cherry-Evans — or Foran.

The Sharks have held talks with Cherry Evans’ management and the Sutherland Shire club believes they can come up with a package that will entice Cherry-Evans to the club, which in-turn would make him one of the club’s biggest ever signings. Cherry-Evans’ mateship with current Cronulla five-eighth Ben Barba is also a major lure.

Toads
22-02-15, 12:26 PM
@MyMateDobbo says recent DCE visit to @GCTitans is a "smokescreen" & he won't be leaving

This is what I believe teke was hinting at earlier this week. Tend to think we're getting played as usual to boost a players worth. Bit like Matai did just recently.

But, ya gotta remain optimistic until it's eventually settled.

shamus
22-02-15, 01:21 PM
^^ just had a orgasm

How is that orgasm coming along Matti?

Show and Go
22-02-15, 01:26 PM
Well if DCE doesn't come it means we have a lot of salary cap space for players who are available.

Davis13
22-02-15, 01:53 PM
Would Be a good story 'daly cherry Evans rescues the Titans'

Titan4Life
22-02-15, 01:59 PM
@SteveHartFOX: DCE not turned off yet by Gold Coast predicament still a big chance to sign before R1 but a weeks a long time in NRL @FOXSportsNews

hammer
22-02-15, 02:26 PM
One could consider that the best time to move to the Titans is when we are rock bottom...and we are not too far off it at the moment. We can only go upwards from here surely!

JunctionBlock
22-02-15, 02:35 PM
Well his net worth just went up, so if he's chasing the $$$ then nows the time to command them.

Bayside Titan
22-02-15, 02:43 PM
Well his net worth just went up, so if he's chasing the $$$ then nows the time to command them.

If so could have some spare $$$$ after this weekend.

teke
22-02-15, 03:22 PM
If so could have some spare $$$$ after this weekend.after the dust settles I think titans can go for Foran aswell

Bayside Titan
22-02-15, 03:34 PM
after the dust settles I think titans can go for Foran aswell

Merrin and Costigan as well.

Titanic
22-02-15, 06:25 PM
Jason Costigan?

DavidBouveng
22-02-15, 06:57 PM
Merrin and Costigan as well.

good call for Merrin, good player, missus loves the beaches. could be good.

need a good half to complement the young'uns coming through.

Bayside Titan
22-02-15, 07:18 PM
Jason Costigan?

Neville Costigin. He playing for the Blackhawks.

Titanic
22-02-15, 08:18 PM
I'd bet he'd jump at the chance for an NRL return but does he fit a youth policy?

DavidBouveng
22-02-15, 08:29 PM
I'd bet he'd jump at the chance for an NRL return but does he fit a jersey?

fyp

Titanic
22-02-15, 08:59 PM
boom boom tish

Titan4Life
24-02-15, 08:57 PM
Daly to make an announcement on where he's going on Fox Sports tonight at 8:00 EST

Expected to re-sign with Sea Eagles or sign with Sharks.

Hail Sezer
24-02-15, 09:02 PM
Daly to make an announcement on where he's going on Fox Sports tonight at 8:00 EST

Expected to re-sign with Sea Eagles or sign with Sharks.

Are you sure?

I thought he was just making a "statement on his future"? Not necessarily a decision

K2G
24-02-15, 09:05 PM
Just seen on foxsportsnews ...

No decision, just a statement written by his manager (Basically apologising for the way in which his contract talks have been played out in the media, 'due diligence for the most important decision of my career etc'). He will meet with Manly who have final right of reply, and make a final decision early next week.

I hope Dave Smith is putting the hard word on him.

Come to the Titans Daly. Do what the King couldn't, and bring the coast a premiership. Take the worst team in the comp to the top and become a legend of the game in doing so.

Titan4Life
24-02-15, 09:07 PM
Wow seriously Fox Sports? They built it up as if he was announcing where he was going.

DCE to meet with Manly for one more chance to counter offer this week.

Mexican titan
24-02-15, 09:14 PM
The Dutch auction continues and it is giving me a serious case of the sh1ts. I must have slept through the 2015 season as no one mentioned it. Mind you sleeping through the past week wouldn't have been a bad idea.
It's DCE to the Sharks me thinks. Interesting that his mateship with Barba is a factor which although mateship is a good thing, Barba has had three clubs in three years.

DavidBouveng
24-02-15, 09:21 PM
i think we are third and a ways back, but today surely helps. we will be around, we will pay him, and he does have a chance to become a hero.

DIEHARD
24-02-15, 09:21 PM
But the Sharks.... THE SHARKS!

What are the odds of him staying at Manly?

DavidBouveng
24-02-15, 09:32 PM

yeah they were us not long ago, except there problem was basically SANCTIONED by the club. I bet if Gallen was implicated, Buzz would hold it off until DCE chose.

Toads
24-02-15, 09:33 PM
The Dutch auction continues and it is giving me a serious case of the sh1ts. I must have slept through the 2015 season as no one mentioned it. Mind you sleeping through the past week wouldn't have been a bad idea.

It's dragging on like this nonsense with the Bali 9 righleaders, isn't it. :p

It's DCE to the Sharks me thinks. Interesting that his mateship with Barba is a factor which although mateship is a good thing, Barba has had three clubs in three years.

The concerning part of DCE teaming up with Barba is how long before Barba goes off the rails again (down there) and potentially take DCE along with him. It'd be a bad decision for DCe to make (IMO), a bit risky..

Mexican titan
24-02-15, 09:40 PM
The concerning part of DCE teaming up with Barba is how long before Barba goes off the rails again (down there) and potentially take DCE along with him. It'd be a bad decision for DCe to make (IMO), a bit risky..

Yeah that was my point, however DCE is a very level headed bloke so if Barba flips again DCE would be fine. But saying that going to the Sharks to play with Barba is a factor is like me saying I am going to play Rugby Union because I want to play alongside Karmichael.
When Barba was on the market I was pretty keen for the Titans to go after him. Knowing now of DCE's friendship with Barba it might have been a smart move.

- - - Updated - - -

50/50 at best now I think. Other than $$ why would you want to play at that windswept hole Shark Park. Brooky is bad but it kills Shark Park for atmosphere.

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 07:08 AM
The Titans believe they are back in the running for Daly Cherry-Evans after the NRL takes control of the club

DEAN RITCHIE
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
FEBRUARY 25, 2015 12:00AM

THE Gold Coast camp believe they are back in the running for Daly Cherry-Evans as Manly want to have his contract situation sorted out before round one kicks off in eight days.

Cherry-Evans and manager Gavin Orr have been filmed in the past week meeting with Gold Coast officials and Cronulla management, which has left the Manly camp increasingly unsettled.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said Tuesday’s decision for the NRL to take control of the embattled club would enhance their chance of signing Cherry-Evans.

“If any prospective player had doubts about the long-term tenure or financial security of the Titans, today’s announcement should remove any such doubts,” Annesley said.

Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly wanting negotiations completed before round one.

“We always had a timeline when we hoped to conclude negotiations,” Kelly conceded. “We really do want to conclude this as soon as possible and certainly before the start of the season.

“Different players negotiate in different ways. Ultimately we want to resolve these negotiations very soon.”

Kelly said his club had not considered pulling the Cherry-Evans offer.

“We have always said we wanted this done before round one,” Kelly said.

Asked was he aware of Manly fans’ anger, Kelly said: “I am aware of that. I can see where the frustration comes from. As I said, different players negotiate in different ways.

“We have tabled our best offer which we think is a responsible one and the club is highly confident Daly will stay. Players are entitled to test the market but we feel Manly is the best club for Manly.”

Cherry-Evans hopes to have his future settled and announced by Friday.

Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran has been more private in his negotiations. Both players comes off contract after this season.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/the-titans-believe-they-are-back-in-the-running-for-daly-cherry-evans-after-the-nrl-takes-control-of-the-club/story-fni3grk4-1227237629155?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A%20dailytelegraphnrlndm%20%28D aily%20Telegraph%20%7C%20NRL%29

ozynorts
25-02-15, 11:42 AM
I don't think he will come and this is why. He sought reassurances from the club on their financial situation and got told all good. The club, just days later, goes into administration......

matti
25-02-15, 12:28 PM
So we were bidding on DCE with no money? lol

Bayside Titan
25-02-15, 01:22 PM
I don't think he will come and this is why. He sought reassurances from the club on their financial situation and got told all good. The club, just days later, goes into administration......

They probably knew the NRL was stepping in and were correct in saying that they were financial stable. The NRL deal to take the Licence would have been done about a month ago.

gotitans101_
25-02-15, 01:49 PM
Just end the speculation already DCE, we all know you aren't coming here.

Bayside Titan
25-02-15, 02:08 PM
@RLW_Mole: BREAKING: There's a NEW favourite in the battle for DCE, peeps.
And believe it or not, it's the @GCTitans !!!

Toads
25-02-15, 02:51 PM

Yeah, I was reflecting late last night to what has unfolded in recent days, and there's things like what you mentioned there ozy that don't particularly look that good. One can only hope we look and perform rock solid from here on out..

Surfers66
25-02-15, 03:46 PM
@RLW_Mole: BREAKING: There's a NEW favourite in the battle for DCE, peeps.
And believe it or not, it's the @GCTitans !!!

But TEKE alread said he is not signing with us, this cant be true.

Show and Go
25-02-15, 04:36 PM
I'd offer DCE $1.5 million a year. He is worth every cent.

ozynorts
25-02-15, 04:49 PM
They probably knew the NRL was stepping in and were correct in saying that they were financial stable. The NRL deal to take the Licence would have been done about a month ago.

Hmmmm didn't think of that. Good point. Does he know that though?

Julius Sezer
25-02-15, 04:52 PM
DCE can etch his name into history if he takes the Titans to the finals. But i wont count on him alone unless he has a structure to work with.

Titan4Life
25-02-15, 06:01 PM
TITANS FAVOURITES TO SIGN CHERRY-EVANS
Written February 25, 2015

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Cherry-Evans1.jpg

DESPITE all the drama of the past week, the Gold Coast Titans are in the box seat to capture the highly sought-after signature of Daly Cherry-Evans.

According to RLW‘s Super-sleuth The Mole, Cherry-Evans has today received assurances from the NRL (the Titans new majority shareholder) that his reported $3.9 million offer over three years still stands and would certainly be honoured if he chooses to sign with the club.

Manly’s offer to the playmaker pales in comparison to that of the Titans and the northern beaches club have reportedly now made re-signing off-contract five-eighth Kieran Foran their number one priority.

Cherry-Evans, his partner Vessa and manager Gavin Orr met with Sharks officials on Monday and was impressed with the club and its facilities.

An approximate offer of $2.7 million over three years was tabled by Cronulla but the opportunity to earn close to $400,000 more per-season with the Titans could be too good to refuse.

Despite being forced to hand the license back to the governing body, the NRL has since guaranteed Gold Coast’s survival for years to come and this guarantee has been passed on to the 26-year-old and his management team.

The Mole understands Cherry-Evans is yet to make a decision but is favouring a move to the Queensland club.

Cherry-Evans is expected to announce his decision by week’s end.

DIEHARD
25-02-15, 06:06 PM
At the very least it is good that there is a bit of media saying we have a glimmer of a chance.

I agree with you all about what DCE would do for the Titans. It'd be massive.

I would be an impossible jump for him before the NRL moved in. Now anything is possible.

Mexican titan
25-02-15, 06:45 PM
Needless to ay the excrement is starting to hit the fan on the Manly forums about this as many people think it's the NRL stripping one of the best players from the club to prop up a club that they now own. Conflict of interest and all that.
That is probably correct but I suppose I have the best of both worlds. Certainly after the near death experience this week, more than ever the Titans need DCE. If Manly keep Foran I can accept that......I suppose.

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 06:47 PM
Needless to ay the excrement is starting to hit the fan on the Manly forums about this as many people think it's the NRL stripping one of the best players from the club to prop up a club that they now own. Conflict of interest and all that.
That is probably correct but I suppose I have the best of both worlds. Certainly after the near death experience this week, more than ever the Titans need DCE. If Manly keep Foran I can accept that......I suppose.

Sharks forum are flipping out as well but they always seem uneasy and throw a hissy whenever something doesn't go their way :laugh:

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 07:58 PM

Just because the NRL owns the club doesn't mean they can spend more than the cap allows so the nevilles should just pull their heads in , Manly will announce the resigning of Foran before kick off & if I had the choice DCE would always be 2nd to him.. by the way I'm still a Manly member like a few others here :thumbsup:

Mexican titan
25-02-15, 08:09 PM
Just because the NRL owns the club doesn't mean they can spend more than the cap allows so the nevilles should just pull their heads in , Manly will announce the resigning of Foran before kick off & if I had the choice DCE would always be 2nd to him.. by the way I'm still a Manly member like a few others here :thumbsup:

They can't spend more than the cap but they can guarantee his payments which I guess other clubs cannot, as well as being in a far better position to get third party deals than any individual club.
Frankly I am just over the saga with him in relation to Manly and I agree that Foran would be my priority. DCE would just be massive for the Titans and as I said a while ago I reckon he would almost pay for a chunk of his salary this year as sponsors would get on board early.

DavidBouveng
25-02-15, 08:38 PM
i think that DCE has upset Manly fans enough that it would almost be awkward if he re signed. im sure they would forgive him, but there is ill will here. i guess the difference between him and Jamie Lyon is that DCE is honest about his dealings with other clubs? :ugh:

I think If he is going to sign with sharks, they are just as bad image as us. gallen, carney, drugs, ROTHFIELD. no sponsors at times...at least he would be a QLD icon here, better coach, better lifestyle.

Bayside Titan
25-02-15, 09:22 PM
They can't spend more than the cap but they can guarantee his payments which I guess other clubs cannot, as well as being in a far better position to get third party deals than any individual club.
Frankly I am just over the saga with him in relation to Manly and I agree that Foran would be my priority. DCE would just be massive for the Titans and as I said a while ago I reckon he would almost pay for a chunk of his salary this year as sponsors would get on board early.

From Todd Greenberg.

@Todd_Greenberg: @NRL provides assurances that contracts will be honoured for all players & that also forms part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)

Titan4Life
25-02-15, 10:39 PM
Graham Annesley is hoping NRL’s decision to take control of the club will help the Titans secure Daly Cherry-Evans
TODD BALYM RUGBY LEAGUE THE COURIER-MAIL
FEBRUARY 26, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/02/25/1227239/031735-07953e0a-bcc8-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

TITANS boss Graham Annesley hopes a turbulent week will end on an enormous high after the Gold Coast became the favourites to secure Test star Daly Cherry-Evans.

Cherry-Evans is set to finally announce his future on Friday and the decision by the NRL to take full ownership of the club is believed to have swung negotiations favourably in the direction of the Titans.

Any doubt Cherry-Evans is believed to have had serious doubts about the future of the club but they have now been erased.

The Manly Test star has been reassured about the Titans’ prospects and the value of his $3m-plus offer directly by Titans powerbrokers and told of the immense opportunities that could flow to him as the marquee man of the club’s new era.

The NRL’s decision to take ownership of the club caused a whirlwind of speculation on social media with fans questioning if the governing body had a conflict of interest by controlling the club and also assisting with recruitment.

On Wednesday night, the game’s Head of Football, Todd Greenberg took to Twitter to dispel speculation he or anyone else at the NRL was assisting the Titans in the recruitment of Cherry-Evans.

Annesley said he was anxiously hoping the most traumatic week in the club’s history could end with the most important recruitment coup for the their future.

“They are telling us we’re still in the race. I will reserve my excitement until we find out,” Annesley said. “It would be a good way to end a pretty ordinary week.”

Annesley’s primary focus is contractual negotiations with all the Titans corporate partners, with previous deals currently tied to the old company and not immediately transferred to the new entity owned by the NRL.

Everything from sponsorships to the deal with Stadiums Queensland to play at Cbus Super Stadium must be recommitted and there is hope the club can get a better outcome than the high fees previously charged.

The NRL has long made it clear the Titans needed a better deal for the use of the Robina asset and it is hoped a fairer financial arrangement can be reached to help the club’s future success.

“Like all of our relationships with our partners of the past we’re going to be having discussions with all of them,” Annesley said.

“We haven’t had a discussion with the stadium yet but that will obviously be happening in the next few days.”

Annesley said the removal of uncertainty around the club’s future would also allow the club’s commercial team to return to the sponsorship market in a stronger position to sell the rights to front, lower back and sleeve positions jersey valued at $1.5m.

Existing sponsors had been “overwhelmingly” supportive of the club during the cocaine scandal but the change of owners meant they now had a free pass to walk away if they desired.

Annesley is confident of a full retention rate among current partners and buoyed by what could now be achieved in the open market for their vacant sponsorships.

“When you’re trying to negotiate large investment from any company and there are constant rumours about the club’s pending demise it’s hard to get them engaged,” Annesley said.

“Having the backing of the NRL now makes those very different conversations.

“Our objective is to try and get a sponsor as quickly as possible and not only on front of jersey but also on sleeve and lower back which are our other major properties still available.”

Mexican titan
25-02-15, 10:50 PM
If DCE comes here that will send a very clear message to the market that the club is serious and I reckon the jersey would be full this year let alone next.

DavidBouveng
25-02-15, 11:23 PM
If DCE comes here that will send a very clear message to the market that the club is serious and I reckon the jersey would be full this year let alone next.

imagine the extra numbers in the crowd and general mood of the coast... it would be ayear long DCE party

mup23
26-02-15, 01:37 AM
SMH reporting that Foran is off to the Eels, can't see Manly letting them both go

DavidBouveng
26-02-15, 04:30 AM
SMH reporting that Foran is off to the Eels, can't see Manly letting them both go
Yeah not good.

teke
26-02-15, 04:36 AM
Yeah not good.its prob why Manly are interested in Sezer, straight swap for Foran to partner Dce

Show and Go
26-02-15, 06:42 AM
We need this blue chip player in DCE. We've never really had one. It is time for some luck to go our way.

Titanic
26-02-15, 01:13 PM
Sezer would be crazy not to o to Mamly if DCE stays there ... looks like we'll be either developing new halves or buying Pommies.

DIEHARD
26-02-15, 05:47 PM
Sezer would be crazy not to o to Mamly if DCE stays there ... looks like we'll be either developing new halves or buying Pommies.

That'll be a double blow.

Well played Parra if it plays out.

ozynorts
26-02-15, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't that suck giant one's?

DIEHARD
26-02-15, 07:03 PM
Seems Manly are fighting a battle on two fronts. But once one of those goes, they will combine all their resources.

Sea Eagles won’t surrender in fight to retain Kieran Foran

SEA Eagles owner Scott Penn has declared the club is very much continuing the fight to re-sign star five-eighth Kieran Foran for next season.

He went on the front foot yesterday to assure fans that Manly was still doing everything they possibly can to retain Foran following reports that he was poised to sign a four-year multi-million dollar deal with arch-rivals Parramatta..

“We believe we are still in the running, we are having constant dialogue with his management,” Penn told the Manly Daily.

“It is a huge decision for him and his family, one which he doesn’t take lightly.

“I think he needs to go through a process which he is going through and we need to make sure we are competitive both financially and for his future career.

“It is never over until there is a signature on a page- and we are doing everything we can to make sure it is on our letterhead.”

Penn said he has been around long enough to know that with other clubs being interested there was always the potential for stories like that to appear.

“It is disappointing because we want everyone to know we are doing everything possible to retain the halves but there is a lot of competitive tension out there,” Penn said.

Halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, whose current contract also expires at the end of this season, has been spotted having talks with Cronulla and the embattled Gold Coast Titans.

“We can only do the best we can without compromising the future roster and where we are going as an organisation,” Penn said.

The passionate Manly man was also well aware of the reality of the situation.

“It is fair to say there are people throwing lots of money at them, understandably, as we are,” Penn said.

“We know we are competitive financially, we are at the top of our range, we know we are firmly in the mix.”

He said they now had to make sure they paint a picture for the two stars of where the Sea Eagles are going as a club to get them excited about what is coming.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-wont-surrender-in-fight-to-retain-kieran-foran/story-fngr8iii-1227240047618

Titan4Life
26-02-15, 08:16 PM
SEA EAGLES SET TO LOSE CHAMPION HALVES PAIRING
Written by STAFF WRITERS
February 26, 2015

As reported by The Mole yesterday, Cherry-Evans, after being given assurances that his $3.9 million dollar Titans offer would be honoured by the NRL, looks increasingly likely to join the Gold Coast club on a three-year deal.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/sea-eagles-set-lose-champion-halves-pairing/

Titan4Life
26-02-15, 10:13 PM
Gold Coast Titans offer Daly Cherry-Evans $450k more than Manly, plus say on club recruitment
PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL
FEBRUARY 27, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/02/26/1227240/486470-a9695ece-bd85-11e4-a5f5-f6d8716b3afa.jpg

THE Titans upped the ante for Daly Cherry-Evans on Thursday with an offer of $450,000 more than his Manly deal and a consultancy role on the club’s recruitment.

The Titans are the highest bidders for Cherry-Evans and will meet his manager on Friday in a late bid to prise the Maroons half from Brookvale.

Cherry-Evans was initially expected to finalise his future this morning but may need the weekend to make a call after growing tensions with his own management team.

The Sea Eagles playmaker is upset that his private negotiations have turned into public fodder after camera crews captured his visit to Cronulla on Monday.

With Manly now in danger of losing his five-eighth partner Kieran Foran to Parramatta, the Titans are going for the jugular, giving Cherry-Evans additional power if he joins the Coast.

Regarded as one of the code’s sharpest minds, Cherry-Evans would have input on who the Titans hire and fire. There is also the eventual prospect of the club captaincy as the Titans’ current leader, Nate Myles, turns 30 this year.

While coach Neil Henry would drive Gold Coast’s list management, Titans officials have told Cherry-Evans he would have a dominant voice in shaping the club’s playing culture.

If Cherry-Evans’ primary motivation is money, the Titans will get their man. The Coast’s three-year offer is worth $3 million, easily eclipsing deals tabled by Cronulla ($2.4m) and Manly ($2.55m), who may increase their offer if Foran is lost to the Eels.

Sources say Cherry-Evans was leaning towards staying at Manly but the NRL’s decision to take control of the Titans licence has given the halfback the certainty he wanted.

The Titans’ inaugural football manager, Scott Sattler, said signing Cherry-Evans would be the perfect antidote to the cocaine scandal engulfing the club.

“Daly is the great white hope for the Titans,” Sattler said. “His signing would be as important as Scott Prince’s was for the Titans in 2007.

The Titans are hoping Daly Cherry-Evans could help turn the club around.

“The excitement would have been there because we were a new club but (Prince’s) signing gave us instant credibility.

“Given the dramas right now, Daly would do the same. The Titans are at the crossroads and Daly can change that.

“The Titans need a player to show faith in their brand, to give some hope back to the Titans fans and the community.

“His brand value would attract sponsors overnight and put bums on seats.”

Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly, who plans to reinvest in the NRL-controlled entity, made it clear to Cherry-Evans he would form the centrepiece of the club.

“The slant of our discussion is where can go as a club for Daly,” he said.

“He is such a high achiever and building a club around him would appeal to Daly and us.

“There is a mutual benefit there so hopefully the actions of a couple of people haven’t shot us in the foot.’’

Former Titans CEO David May said: “Getting Cherry-Evans would be a coup for the Gold Coast. It’s not just about winning football matches, you want to create generations of fans and the young kids love the small fellas. They identify with the playmakers like Scott Prince and Preston Campbell.

“Daly would inspire a generation of Queensland kids to pick up the football and that is a crucial thing.

“If the Titans can get him, he would develop a generation of Gold Coast fans. He’s an absolute asset.’’

Mexican titan
26-02-15, 10:22 PM
After the cocaine issues this week did Sattler really need to say that DCE was the great white hope.

Titan4Life
26-02-15, 10:26 PM
This is getting really exciting now but his signature is still not on a GC contract so I won't believe it until then. We all remember the Cronk saga in 2012... Nevertheless I hope those sources are correct and he signs here. Daly could earn an extra 500k here, become a Gold Coast legend and we could build our team around him. C'mon Daly please sign already! It's good for you and us fans!

DIEHARD
26-02-15, 10:31 PM
I haven't lost hope yet. But its a high stakes gamble and a bit embarrassing if we throw the kitchen sink at him and don't get him.

But it is good that he is deeply considering our offer.

The NRL guarantee counts for a lot.

Mexican titan
26-02-15, 10:36 PM
If Manly lose both, as is appearing more likely - does anyone have the Lifeline number?

DavidBouveng
26-02-15, 11:47 PM
hope the seaosn launch doesnt stir up sentimentality for DCE...

jump brother...JUMP! we got you.

Titanic
27-02-15, 12:53 AM
If the old adage 'any media is good media' has any substance at all then we are an in better than fine shape.

Titan4Life
27-02-15, 07:28 AM
DCE is expected to make an announcement on his future today. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed.

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 08:59 AM
If we miss out and they sign sezer....that's the eff you move.

who would mess with manly again... They are like john travolta in Sworfish. Committing escalating acts of terror to repel or punish foreign attacks.

nimud
27-02-15, 09:14 AM
DCE is expected to make an announcement on his future today. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed.

It's a bit crazy! I don't even recall this much build-up when rumours the King was signing for the Seagulls. I do remember Seagulls Stadium being sold out for Wally's first pre-season trial vs the Bulldogs. Never happened again though.

karnage
27-02-15, 10:28 AM
I was fortunate enough to be a part of last years members forum when the club conducted its internal review. It was a good night but the gentleman that ran it told us that we actually signed Cooper Cronk to the club and that he back-flipped when all the Centre Of Excellence excrement hit the fan.

Hearing that hurt...

We are an attractive destination to elite players. Once we get our feet back under us we will be able to get our fair share of playing talent. If DCE signs, our feet are back under us as early as 2016.

psmitty
27-02-15, 10:33 AM

How do you know this? I have heard opposing rumours to when he will announce his decision. I hope you are right though then we can move on either way.

ozynorts
27-02-15, 10:34 AM
I do hope that he signs for us, BUT, I am interested to know if the rumours that he is a dividing figure amongst the Manly players are true. If, and it is a big if, the rumours are correct they see him as a selfish player.
If they are, is he the person that we want having a say in the players we recruit?
I know what he would bring in terms of exposure etc but to be successful on the field long term you need a team that will play for each other.

Show and Go
27-02-15, 10:55 AM
I do hope that he signs for us, BUT, I am interested to know if the rumours that he is a dividing figure amongst the Manly players are true. If, and it is a big if, the rumours are correct they see him as a selfish player.
If they are, is he the person that we want having a say in the players we recruit?
I know what he would bring in terms of exposure etc but to be successful on the field long term you need a team that will play for each other.

remember he is surrounded by senior players who were there when he came through as a junior at Manly. They probably don't like that he is becoming the top dog. At the Titans everyone knows he will be the top dog.

TITAN PETE
27-02-15, 12:01 PM

Remember a player called Prince :rolleyes:

Hail Sezer
27-02-15, 01:20 PM
NRL Gossip @NRLGossip
I'm hearing the DCE deal is done. Well done @GCTitans #4years #DCE

Titan4Life
27-02-15, 01:48 PM
NRL Gossip @NRLGossip

Yesssssssss! So happy. Looked like we were no chance for a little bit there. Thank you NRL and welcome Daly :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
27-02-15, 01:55 PM
Yesssssssss! So happy. Looked like we were no chance for a little bit there. Thank you NRL and welcome Daly :thumbsup:

I won't be celebrating until the Titans post it themselves or Daly announces it himself. Fingers remain crossed

Numbers
27-02-15, 02:04 PM
NRL Gossip @NRLGossip

Wasn't all the previous discussion about a 3 year deal? If the mail is correct, perhaps an extra year sealed the deal...

ozynorts
27-02-15, 02:05 PM
If it is finalised we need to immediately decide who we want to partner him and lock them up.

Titan4Life
27-02-15, 02:05 PM
I won't be celebrating until the Titans post it themselves or Daly announces it himself. Fingers remain crossed

Very true. Hopefully that tweet is telling the truth. My fingers and toes are crossed.

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 02:06 PM
Wasn't all the previous discussion about a 3 year deal? If the mail is correct, perhaps an extra year sealed the deal...
i think we met with him today (his managers i mean) and might have upped the deal a bit to get it over the line

lonegull
27-02-15, 02:09 PM
Hopefully they lock up LG and let Sezer go if DCE signs

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 02:18 PM
Hopefully they lock up LG and let Sezer go if DCE signs

i agree to an extent...but are elgey and dCe too similar?. would be like foran and sezer playing together. not the right mix of straight running and creativity.

Bayside Titan
27-02-15, 02:22 PM
i agree to an extent...but are elgey and dCe too similar?. would be like foran and sezer playing together. not the right mix of straight running and creativity.

Oh I think that they would play pretty well together........ Well that's what I told LG last night ........ It would give LG a chance to sit back and learn.

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 02:24 PM
Oh I think that they would play pretty well together........ Well that's what I told LG last night ........ It would give LG a chance to sit back and learn.

i guess so. like DC is obv a gun, and elgey is a better prospect than Sezer, and you cant carry three really, so it has to happen. just wonder about team mix. but i guess its a terrific problem to have.

i guess two magicians on either side of ruck, with second rowers and centres just STEAMING off them in specific lines and plans. jooocy

teke
27-02-15, 02:26 PM
Surely dce isn't about to ruin his career

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 02:28 PM

hes about to set up his life and begin the journey of a legend

Bayside Titan
27-02-15, 02:30 PM
Who knows. No announcement or pen to paper. Until then I will assume he will stay at Manly. Also even if he does sign he has until round 13 to pull out of the deal.

Titanic
27-02-15, 02:32 PM
As long it's not five years ... five year contracts and the Titans don't mix.

Surfers66
27-02-15, 02:47 PM
i guess so. like DC is obv a gun, and elgey is a better prospect than Sezer, and you cant carry three really, so it has to happen. just wonder about team mix. but i guess its a terrific problem to have.

i guess two magicians on either side of ruck, with second rowers and centres just STEAMING off them in specific lines and plans. jooocy

I still have faith is Sezer, see how he goes after the first 5 or 6 weeks.

TitansFan92
27-02-15, 03:56 PM

It's ok mate I am sure DCE and Foran will have fun away from Manly. I Hate Manly btw but don't hold that against me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's ok mate I am sure DCE and Foran will have fun away from Manly. I Hate Manly btw but don't hold that against me.

- - - Updated - - -

ozynorts
27-02-15, 04:23 PM
I still have faith is Sezer, see how he goes after the first 5 or 6 weeks.

I think Sezer could work well with DCE. The primary play maker role is not where Sezer shines. I think his game would flourish outside a creative 7.

Mexican titan
27-02-15, 04:56 PM

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I get the message - 3 bloody times.

Show and Go
27-02-15, 05:01 PM
Sezer would be worth holding onto if he could stop getting injured. If DCE signs Sezer will be gone and we can see Elgey partner DCE in the halves.

Mexican titan
27-02-15, 05:23 PM
Don't all you guys think you are going off a bit early. Can't you at least wait until he signs and announces that he is coming here.
It may not happen for at least another hour or so so settle down. I wouldn't pin hopes on the @nrlgossip feed.

Davis13
27-02-15, 05:31 PM
I ain't celebrating till pen goes on paper

mdrew
27-02-15, 05:34 PM
Agreed fingers crossed, remember we are titans supporters we are used to last minute disappointment

Bayside Titan
27-02-15, 06:26 PM
I reckon it will happen on Monday.

Toads
27-02-15, 06:29 PM

That there is some real tempting bait, teke. :laugh:

Also, lonegull. Can you do me a favour and assist my failing memory to who "LG" is please? It's been doing my head in for the last couple of days. :doh:

teke
27-02-15, 07:06 PM
That there is some real tempting bait, teke. :laugh:

Also, lonegull. Can you do me a favour and assist my failing memory to who "LG" is please? It's been doing my head in for the last couple of days. :doh:lets face it, manly could lose both Foran and dce and still win a premiership before the titans

TitansFan92
27-02-15, 07:29 PM
lets face it, manly could lose both Foran and dce and still win a premiership before the titans

If they both leave I will put money on Manly not making to top 8 for the next few years

ozynorts
27-02-15, 07:34 PM
I'm not counting on anything until rnd 14 this year..........

Titan4Life
27-02-15, 07:41 PM
Yeah I won't believe it until his signature is on paper and round 13 passes. Still hopeful but anything can happen.

Bayside Titan
27-02-15, 07:43 PM
After today's charges DCE no chance.

Titan4Life
27-02-15, 07:45 PM

I don't think so. Doubt 2 FORMER players being charged would make him reconsider. Could be wrong though.

Show and Go
27-02-15, 08:23 PM

I fail to see how you have come to that conclusion.

Mexican titan
27-02-15, 08:33 PM
I don't think so. Doubt 2 FORMER players being charged would make him reconsider. Could be wrong though.

Wherever he is going the deal would have been done by now and just has to be announced. I doubt if one former player being charged (I refuse to count Michaels as ever being a player) would make any difference at all.

DavidBouveng
27-02-15, 09:01 PM
yeah if DCE is coming here because we are paying 450k more, a retired player wont effect that. and CCC have said no more at this point will be charged so he would know this is it.

Bayside Titan
27-02-15, 09:54 PM
Sorry guys having Cooper Cronk flash backs. Im just abit edgy at the minute. ;-).

Titan4Life
27-02-15, 10:01 PM
Sorry guys having Cooper Cronk flash backs. Im just abit edgy at the minute. ;-).

I don't blame you. Us Titans fans have been so excited in the past that a player may sign only to be disappointed at the last moment (e.g Cronk). No one but Cherry and his missus knows where he is going. He could have agreed to terms with the Titans or he could already be resigned with Manly. Guess we will find out in the coming days. Still got my fingers crossed.

shamus
27-02-15, 11:08 PM
Also, lonegull. Can you do me a favour and assist my failing memory to who "LG" is please? It's been doing my head in for the last couple of days. :doh:

That would be that Egley fella.. It's all right Toads...I'll cover for ya

Oh crap....I think it is...may have egg in my beer in a minute

CanterburyMember
28-02-15, 01:10 AM
How do you know this? I have heard opposing rumours to when he will announce his decision. I hope you are right though then we can move on either way.

Was always going to be announced Monday or Tuesday next week.

As long it's not five years ... five year contracts and the Titans don't mix.

Five year deals just dont work out period.

I think Sezer could work well with DCE. The primary play maker role is not where Sezer shines. I think his game would flourish outside a creative 7.

Spot on. Sezer playing outside an organiser along with his few years of experience now will show just how good he can be.

Mexican titan
28-02-15, 10:24 AM
I don't blame you. Us Titans fans have been so excited in the past that a player may sign only to be disappointed at the last moment (e.g Cronk). No one but Cherry and his missus knows where he is going. He could have agreed to terms with the Titans or he could already be resigned with Manly. Guess we will find out in the coming days. Still got my fingers crossed.

I am staggered this is taking so long. If he already has resigned with Manly I would have thought he would have announced it. You would think the Sunday papers will have something.

K4SE
28-02-15, 11:06 AM
He probably just wants to squeeze in another couple of free lunches before he has to start paying for his own again! He'll be releasing a new diet book to go with his signing announcement at this rate!

GCTTSD
28-02-15, 11:21 AM
The wait is killing me...

Titan4Life
28-02-15, 11:38 AM
The wait is killing me...

Same here. My hope is fading as time goes on. Especially with news like this:

MANLY BACK IN THE HUNT FOR CHERRY-EVANS
Written by THE MOLE, February 28, 2015

MANLY are right back in the hunt to sign star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans after top level talks with Sea Eagles officials in the past 24 hours.

It looked like DCE was certain to leave Manly at the start of last week, with the Sharks, Titans and Bulldogs all circling.

But in latest developments:

- Manly have upped their offer to the classy halfback.

- DCE was not overly impressed with the Sharks when he met club officials mid-week.

- The Titans are still in the hunt, but the drugs scandal that has engulfed the club has him in two minds.

Expect a decision early next week.

Titan4Life
28-02-15, 01:47 PM
The NRL Gossip page is still confident his mail is right. I bloody hope so.

@gc_anthony: @NRLGossip Are you still sure that the DCE to Titans deal is done?

@NRLGossip: @gc_anthony mail is good yes!

TitansFan92
28-02-15, 02:48 PM
If we don't get DCE then I don't see us getting any other news worthy players. Lets face it since this drug crap the Titans have become the laughing stock of the NRL.

Show and Go
28-02-15, 02:59 PM
There is still plenty of talent available to sign if we miss out on DCE. Granted they aren't the marquee player we require but we can still build a decent team.

Titan4Life
28-02-15, 03:04 PM
Getting a little worried though about us signing DCE. It seems that Foran is leaving which means Manly could increase their offer to keep Daly. Just hoping he thinks of all the other stuff though such as the possible future captaincy, a say on recruitment and a chance to become a GC legend.

Got my fingers and toes crossed that @NRLGossip's source is right. He is fairly confident but who knows. I agree GCTTSD, the waiting is painful and we could still be waiting for a few more days yet. Manly are apparently the favourites at this point.

Also did someone on here or somewhere else say DCE's manager was on the GC yesterday? Wonder what was said and done if true.

Bayside Titan
28-02-15, 04:04 PM
I say if we miss out on DCE then we restructure our forward pack to allow Elgey,Hazard and Fogarty to work behind a great pack. I also hope that Crampton becomes the answer to our centre problems.

Titanic
28-02-15, 04:36 PM
The biggest issue here is an exodus of players rather than attracting what now seems an over-priced DCE.

TitansFan92
28-02-15, 06:38 PM
The biggest issue here is an exodus of players rather than attracting what now seems an over-priced DCE.

To be honest I am starting to believe we have been played by DCE just to get him more money from Manly. I guess this will make MT and Teke happy.

Bayside Titan
28-02-15, 07:43 PM
To be honest I am starting to believe we have been played by DCE just to get him more money from Manly. I guess this will make MT and Teke happy.

Would not be surprised.

Show and Go
28-02-15, 08:16 PM
DCE may have used us to get a bigger contract but if so that is just the way it goes.

Mexican titan
28-02-15, 09:38 PM

Frankly as a supporter of the game I am more concerned that this crap has gone on for weeks and it's not even related to the upcoming season. Having this talk about 2016 in relation to DCE, Foran, Merrin and others is a huge turn off for me and they need to find a better system.
At least Foran and Merrin seem to have gone about things a bit more discreetly but you can thank DCE's Manager for the farce associated with him.
Managers are one small step up the integrity ladder from cocaine suppliers.

CanterburyMember
28-02-15, 10:27 PM
Decision will be announced either Monday or Tuesday guys. Try to relax haha.

Getting a little worried though about us signing DCE. It seems that Foran is leaving which means Manly could increase their offer to keep Daly. Just hoping he thinks of all the other stuff though such as the possible future captaincy, a say on recruitment and a chance to become a GC legend.

Got my fingers and toes crossed that @NRLGossip's source is right. He is fairly confident but who knows. I agree GCTTSD, the waiting is painful and we could still be waiting for a few more days yet. Manly are apparently the favourites at this point.

Also did someone on here or somewhere else say DCE's manager was on the GC yesterday? Wonder what was said and done if true.

If Kieran leaves Manly, than Daly will be the next captain of Manly if they're able to keep him as well.

Titan4Life
28-02-15, 10:38 PM
Sea Eagles to target rising Titans star if Daly Cherry-Evans agrees to Gold Coast switch
JAMES HOOPER
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
MARCH 01, 2015 12:00AM

THE Manly Sea Eagles intend to strike back at the Gold Coast should Daly Cherry-Evans join the Titans by targeting under 20s player of the year Kane Elgey.

The Gold Coast has tabled Cherry-Evans a $3 million three-year deal, with the Manly playmaker expected to announce his future any day.

But the Sea Eagles intend to retaliate at the Titans, attempting to poach the rookie halfback who won last year’s under 20s player of the year award despite the Gold Coast finishing second last.

Manly remain adamant they are still fighting to retain star halves Cherry-Evans and Foran, but both appeared poised to leave at various stages of the past seven days.

While DCE is favoured to join Gold Coast since the NRL stepped in to take control of the club, Foran is the subject of a four-year $4.7 million offer from the Parramatta Eels.

Given the Sea Eagles travel to Pirtek Stadium next Friday night for their opening match of the season, it places the Kiwi five-eighth in an extremely delicate position.

Manly wanted an answer from both Cherry-Evans and Foran before the season started, but Foran appears certain to continue to deliberate over what is the most important decision of his career.

Ten days ago the Manly five-eighth attended a meeting with Sea Eagles Immortal Bob Fulton and teammates Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, with the no.6 leaving convinced he would remain on the northern peninsula.

The Sea Eagles then went out and played poorly against the Roosters in a trial in Gosford last weekend, forcing Foran to rethink his future.

While Cherry-Evans has been photographed attending meetings with the Gold Coast and Cronulla Sharks, turning his negotiations into a circus, Foran has chosen to try and fly as far under the radar as possible.

The Manly playmaker and local junior has refused to even entertain rival clubs offers until he was clear about where his future lay with the Sea Eagles.

Over the course of the past seven days, Foran appears to be inching closer towards joining the Eels.

Should Manly lose both halves, the club will be forced to target the likes of Elgey, James Maloney, Michael Morgan and Trent Hodkinson.

Mexican titan
28-02-15, 10:49 PM
This business of giving DCE some say in recruitment if he comes here is just crazy. As I read on another forum does that mean if you get on with DCE you get to stay and chopped if he doesn't like you. That sort of arrangement will only end in tears, leave recruitment to the coach.
I would hope that would have zero influence on his decision if he decides to come here.

Pallas
28-02-15, 11:08 PM
Sea Eagles to target rising Titans star if Daly Cherry-Evans agrees to Gold Coast switch
JAMES HOOPER
THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
MARCH 01, 2015 12:00AM

THE Manly Sea Eagles intend to strike back at the Gold Coast should Daly Cherry-Evans join the Titans by targeting under 20s player of the year Kane Elgey.

How about this, we keep Elgey and give Manly a one time offer of DCE for Sezer. Maybe throw in Morts and ZipZip while we're at it.

Titanic
01-03-15, 02:06 AM
How about we keep what we have and do something with them and work hard on strike centres?

Toads
01-03-15, 11:02 AM
How about we keep what we have and do something with them and work hard on strike centres?

Yup, I'm fine with that. Because the way this DCE thing has dragged out it's taken a fair bit of shine of the whole deal for me. Plus, I think they're offering about 700k more than what he's worth. So what you mentioned there wouldn't phase me one bit, Titanic.

Also, what MT mentioned about DCE may have some say in selection concerns me a fair bit as well.

Titan4Life
01-03-15, 10:39 PM
RLW Mole reckons the Sharks have made a big step in the right direction and now are right back in the hunt. Just wish Cherry would decide already and put us out of our misery. As time passes I'm becoming less confident. Manly and Cronulla have probably increased their offers as well.

Titan4Life
01-03-15, 10:59 PM
Apparently though our offer still beats Manly's updated one by $150,000:

With Fairfax Media reporting last Thursday that five-eighth Kieran Foran was set to sign with Parramatta, Manly are desperate to retain Cherry-Evans but the Titans deal is reportedly worth $150,000 a season more than the Sea Eagles' latest offer.

It has also been reported that Cherry-Evans was leaning towards staying at Manly but the assurances about the Titans' future might sway him to accept their offer in what would be a massive boost to the NRL's bid to revive the struggling club.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/gold-coast-titans/manly-sea-eagles-raise-concerns-about-nrl-conflict-of-interest-in-daly-cherryevans-gold-coast-titans-negotiations-20150301-13rxfx.html

Bayside Titan
01-03-15, 11:31 PM
Like a huge amount of people I really hope that DCE signs with us for the many reasons we all have covered. I like most have got caught up in this circus for want of a better term, however if he stays on at Manly or goes to Sharks I'll be like a lot of people and be disappointed. But you know what ??..... we have three exciting young fellas in Hazard, Elgey and Fogarty coming thru and in those three I feel that our future is looking bright .... Sezer looks like going at the end on the this year and and Mortimers contract the year after so if Henry manages their development right and we retain these guys we could have the next DCE / Foran combination in the making.

One thought I was having is if Foran goes, the perception would be that DCE would loose his most important ally at Manly. So this could make it still uneasy for DCE to stay at Manly. So the noise that DCE to Sharks does not sound too silly as it will tick a few boxes on the personal side of his decision in that it will keep his wife happy so that she does not have to move. Just make DCE travel every day.

Titanic
02-03-15, 11:30 AM
I'm over DCE to be honest. I totally agree with BT's assessment and I add that we can't really win with this. If he comes and does well then he will always be 'stolen from Manly for cash' and if he flops with us then it will be just another kick in the guts for the club.

Right now the team's performance will be excused as the result of the previous administration (although I continue to point out that Anneesley is a part of that) and that takes the heat off the coaching team to develop our own playing base AND to recruit sensibly.

Show and Go
02-03-15, 01:01 PM
Oh we can win in so many ways if we sign DCE. Hard to see how we will get out of this mess without signing a couple of big name players. As for developing our own I wonder why we've been absolutely terrible in that regard since the club started?

Titanic
02-03-15, 01:16 PM
Oh we can win in so many ways if we sign DCE.It takes more than just getting the player, there then needs to be the machine behind the scenes to get the best value out of his presence and judging by the inability of our current front office team to excite the market then this is not a given at all. Riding on the current media feenzy around the NRL takeover will not be anywhere near enough.

Hard to see how we will get out of this mess without signing a couple of big name players.Assuming you mean that we need marquee players recruited then I totally agree, however, I think the best we can hope for is emerging players as it has become so obvious over many years that players coming to the end of their peak are not the answer.

As for developing our own I wonder why we've been absolutely terrible in that regard since the club started?The misconnect with our lower grades, although now partially fixed, is one reason while another was the coaching team's complete disregard for the requirements of contemporary coaching and maintaining a professional culture.

karnage
02-03-15, 01:25 PM
The idea that players are 'stolen from other clubs for cash' is last century thinking. There is absolutely no way in the world that anybody aligned to the Titans would care where he came from if he brought on-field success with him. Manly might care, but to hell with them, they built their entire club off raiding poorer clubs last century. Their current captain was signed in highly dodgy circumstances after he walked on his playing contract with the Eels to play in England.

Titanic
02-03-15, 01:35 PM
Yeah sure K, but the issue about 'stealing' players is not about whether or the club cares, I certainly don't, but the spin that the media can put on it. The Titans suffer from the perception that we cannot survive on our own two feet, not without reason either at this stage, so our focus has to be to correct that ... and the only way to do that is to develop players and create a winning culture.

CanterburyMember
03-03-15, 01:18 AM
RLW Mole reckons the Sharks have made a big step in the right direction and now are right back in the hunt. Just wish Cherry would decide already and put us out of our misery. As time passes I'm becoming less confident. Manly and Cronulla have probably increased their offers as well.

There you have it. DCE will not be going to Cronulla on tjis basis.

K2G
03-03-15, 02:22 AM
02/03/15 | 5:45pm | By James MacSmith | SMH
"Cronulla appear to have conceded defeat in their quest for the signature of Daly Cherry-Evans.

The representative playmaker is expected to announce his plans for the 2016 NRL season and beyond in the coming days, with Gold Coast and Manly the frontrunners for his services."

From SMH article (http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cronulla-sharks/cronulla-sharks-going-cool-on-manly-sea-eagles-halfback-daly-cherryevans-20150302-13t0be.html) 'Cronulla Sharks going cool on Manly Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans'

karnage
03-03-15, 10:29 AM
Yeah sure K, but the issue about 'stealing' players is not about whether or the club cares, I certainly don't, but the spin that the media can put on it. The Titans suffer from the perception that we cannot survive on our own two feet, not without reason either at this stage, so our focus has to be to correct that ... and the only way to do that is to develop players and create a winning culture.

I agree with this wholeheartedly but 'developing players' and 'winning culture' do not go hand in hand. Just look at the Gold Coast Suns or GWS Giants for all the evidence you need of that!!

The winning culture can begin with the signing of a dominant play making half. The development can be driven by a region of youngsters aspiring to play alongside said half.

Toads
03-03-15, 10:59 AM
From SMH article (http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cronulla-sharks/cronulla-sharks-going-cool-on-manly-sea-eagles-halfback-daly-cherryevans-20150302-13t0be.html) 'Cronulla Sharks going cool on Manly Sea Eagles halfback Daly Cherry-Evans'

Fair call from Cronulla too, the price/s being bantered around are a lil' far fetched than what he's really worth. Whatever happens, DCE should have a smile from ear to ear when he does eventually sign.

Titanic
03-03-15, 11:28 AM
Yes and it's a horrible situation for us. The offers are tabled and the only reason he could be delaying is to get a larger bite from Manly which he will most likely get. Then it's bye-bye to us.

On the development/recruitment issue, when we were first formed, our marquee players Rogers and Campbell were connected to the Coast. Myles sort of fits that as a Qlder but Bird doesn't. If we are to recruit from outside then they must either be marquee players that connect with our lot (DCE fits that but public bargaining is certainly not the way) or young players from wherever who then make their name with us.

And as an aside, a winning culture is not just about winning games, at the very least it is taking the field and giving your all to try to win.

karnage
03-03-15, 01:05 PM
Yes and it's a horrible situation for us. The offers are tabled and the only reason he could be delaying is to get a larger bite from Manly which he will most likely get. Then it's bye-bye to us.

On the development/recruitment issue, when we were first formed, our marquee players Rogers and Campbell were connected to the Coast. Myles sort of fits that as a Qlder but Bird doesn't. If we are to recruit from outside then they must either be marquee players that connect with our lot (DCE fits that but public bargaining is certainly not the way) or young players from wherever who then make their name with us.

And as an aside, a winning culture is not just about winning games, at the very least it is taking the field and giving your all to try to win.

This I agree with. Well said!

CanterburyMember
03-03-15, 02:34 PM
Fair call from Cronulla too, the price/s being bantered around are a lil' far fetched than what he's really worth. Whatever happens, DCE should have a smile from ear to ear when he does eventually sign.

Whatever the figure media publishes will be guesstimates and extragged.

Toads
03-03-15, 02:57 PM
Maybe.. But Boats (and we're not talkin' about 12 foot tinnies') 'n extravagant houses are among other things that have been known to be thrown into deals that never get publicly mentioned at the time. :p

gotitans101_
03-03-15, 06:06 PM
another day and still nothing. Just spit it out already DCE, ffs.

Mexican titan
03-03-15, 09:58 PM

I can only assume that either his Manager is still trying to screw Manly for every last cent and/or there is more to the Arthur/Toovey coaching situation. Perhaps the players might be waiting for a deal to be done that ensures Arthur is coaching Manly next year. There seems little doubt that most players prefer Arthur and I have no doubt something is cooking.

Bayside Titan
03-03-15, 11:38 PM
R
I can only assume that either his Manager is still trying to screw Manly for every last cent and/or there is more to the Arthur/Toovey coaching situation. Perhaps the players might be waiting for a deal to be done that ensures Arthur is coaching Manly next year. There seems little doubt that most players prefer Arthur and I have no doubt something is cooking.
I was having similar thoughts as well. I feel the longer this drags out the more likely that it will be that DCE stays as Manly. The other thought I was having is that maybe Para / Foran were waiting on what Hayne was doing before they do their thing.

CanterburyMember
04-03-15, 01:25 AM

Did you really think DCE was going to announce it after hesring that Jarryd Hayne called a press conference for today?

Nah it doesn't work that way. Today was Hayne's day and he got full medis coverage for his announcement which is exactly what DCE will be after regardless of who he signs with.

Titan4Life
04-03-15, 06:53 PM
@proshenks: Manly have withdrawn their offer for Daly Cherry-Evans after the Kangaroos halfback failed to meet a Monday deadline to commit to the club

@BulldogRitchie: BREAKING: @SeaEagles CEO Joe Kelly has just told me club has officially withdrawn offer for Daly Cherry-Evans

teke
04-03-15, 06:54 PM
Retirement is the only path he has left.

Toads
04-03-15, 06:55 PM
...and what a fine place to retire, teke. :p

JunctionBlock
04-03-15, 07:04 PM
@proshenks: Manly have withdrawn their offer for Daly Cherry-Evans after the Kangaroos halfback failed to meet a Monday deadline to commit to the club

@BulldogRitchie: BREAKING: @SeaEagles CEO Joe Kelly has just told me club has officially withdrawn offer for Daly Cherry-Evans

Yeah baby. Sign on the dotted line DCE.

K2G
04-03-15, 07:05 PM
Tooves on NRL 360 like a deer in the headlights, trying to deny any knowledge of a signing deadline for DCE or any offer being withdrawn. Surely a decision must be coming soon...

Davis13
04-03-15, 07:12 PM
Would love to know why.

Titan4Life
04-03-15, 08:21 PM
The battle for Daly Cherry-Evans’ signature is down to the Titans and Sharks after Manly sensationally withdrew their offer
Peter Badel The Courier-Mail
March 04, 2015 7:39PM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/03/04/1227248/275795-f9831926-c24a-11e4-83e4-6c2c60814a51.jpg

THE battle for Daly Cherry-Evans is down to the Titans and Cronulla after Manly sensationally withdrew their offer for the Queensland Origin ace.

The Cherry-Evans saga took a dramatic twist on Wednesday when the Sea Eagles terminated negotiations immediately after his management failed to meet a deadline request.

The Cherry-Evans camp were given until midday on Monday to make a definitive call, but with that time-frame having lapsed, frustrated Sea Eagles officials pulled the deal this evening.

It is a seemingly terminal blow to Manly’s hopes of retaining Cherry-Evans - and puts the Titans in the box seat to snare one of the hottest playmaking talents in the NRL.

While the Sharks remain in the race for his signature, the Maroons halfback would have to sacrifice around $600,000 by choosing Cronulla over the Titans.

Gold Coast’s three-year package is worth $1 million annually, dwarfing the Sharks’ offer of $2.4m, although one advantage for Cronulla is the presence of Ben Barba.

The fallen Dally M star is one of Cherry-Evans’ closest mates, with the duo’s friendship going back to their days as teenagers playing football in Mackay.

The Titans are sweating on a decision from Cherry-Evans, with Gold Coast hierarchy making attempts to contact his manager, Sydney-based Gavin Orr, for more clarity.

It is understood four big-name NRL stars have already expressed interest in joining the Gold Coast, who will suddenly have magnetic appeal on the open market if Cherry-Evans becomes a Titan.

A well-placed source confirmed to News Corp that Manly are out of the race for Cherry-Evans in a ruction they could do without ahead of Friday night’s clash against Parramatta.

“They are sick of it,” the insider said. “Manly have been trying to get an answer from Daly and have been unable to find a resolution.

“It’s become a circus and the Sea Eagles have had enough. The Titans are the favourites to sign him but Cronulla are still keen.”

The acquisition of Cherry-Evans would be a major boost for the Titans as five of the club’s players prepare to defend cocaine charges in Southport Magistrates Court tomorrow.

There is a sentiment Cherry-Evans is even unwanted at Brookvale by Manly players, several of whom are privately seething at his public and protracted contract talks.

Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly met with Cherry-Evans and wife Vessa a fortnight ago and believes the couple would be the perfect asset to rebuild the club.

“There is a mutual benefit there,” Kelly said last week.

“I have met Daly and his partner and they were quality people from what I can see. I only get good reports about them and not only would Daly be a fantastic signing for us, as a young family they are the type of people we want at the Titans.

“The slant of our discussion was where can we go as a club for Daly.

“He is such a high achiever and building a club around him would appeal to Daly and to us.”

Mexican titan
04-03-15, 08:50 PM
I could say a lot about this but I wont as I don't want to slander DCE who I think (but that is changing) as a very respectful bloke. I will blame his manager for the way this has panned out but I am surprised Manly took so long to withdraw their offer. That they didn't do it sooner should have been proof that they wanted to keep him in view of the fact he received a very good offer from them. Selfish, disrespectful etc are words that come to mind but for now I will blame his Manager, although DCE seems bright enough to be able to tell his Manager to pull his head in if it was necessary.
I could have handled it if he said he was leaving Manly as that is business but his Manager has handled it badly.
Yes, you guessed it I am p1ssed off.
Now that I have vented he better come here and redeem himself, slightly.

Edit: I see in Manly's press release the CEO has said that conversations may resume in the future, but they need to prepare for a game. What that means I don't know. Other rumours on the Silvertails Forum are that DCE is now also talking to another club and that Manly withdrew DCE's offer to top up Foran's and if DCE starts talking to Manly again it will be for a reduced rate. All rumours and it's a joke talking about 2016 before 2015 has started. The NRL needs to do something.

teke
04-03-15, 09:03 PM
Manly need to hit back and throw the kitchen sink at Elgey. His future will be much more successful at the Eagles than the Titans

Titanic
04-03-15, 09:35 PM
Four NRL stars, eh? Are they coming for the money, the lifestyle or the coke ... or to play? Where were they two weeks ago?

Mexican titan
04-03-15, 09:47 PM
Manly need to hit back and throw the kitchen sink at Elgey. His future will be much more successful at the Eagles than the Titans

Geez mate you have taken a hit with the thumbs!!
I don't want Manly to try the eye for an eye thing - I think DCE would be great for the Coast if he comes here and I now hope he does. If he comes I hope he shows his new club greater respect than he is showing his current one.

teke
04-03-15, 09:55 PM
Geez mate you have taken a hit with the thumbs!!
I don't want Manly to try the eye for an eye thing - I think DCE would be great for the Coast if he comes here and I now hope he does. If he comes I hope he shows his new club greater respect than he is showing his current one.jesus Christ this is war. Eye for an Eye !!!!

JunctionBlock
04-03-15, 10:01 PM
So we have to sit back and listen to rumours about Sezer going, Elgey on Manly's radar, Myles shopping around but because it's DCE and Manly you guys get your knickers in a knot. Merrin just did the same thing, shopped himself around for the best deal and no one says a thing. I don't care that it's preseason the year before, the fact is that he is off contract and these deals are always going on in the background anyway.

Hail Sezer
04-03-15, 10:05 PM
Sharks reported to be favourites for Daly as per the Courier Mail

Toads
04-03-15, 10:13 PM
It's comes as no surprise that Badel rates Cronulla's chances better than ours to securing DCE.

JunctionBlock
04-03-15, 10:16 PM
Sharks reported to be favourites for Daly as per the Courier Mail

Whichever way he goes now he has an out for all the Manly fans...." i was going to sign with Manly but they pulled the deal....I'll still play my heart out yadda yadda yadda but then cha ching :banana:!!!!!

Mexican titan
04-03-15, 10:40 PM
So we have to sit back and listen to rumours about Sezer going, Elgey on Manly's radar, Myles shopping around but because it's DCE and Manly you guys get your knickers in a knot. Merrin just did the same thing, shopped himself around for the best deal and no one says a thing. I don't care that it's preseason the year before, the fact is that he is off contract and these deals are always going on in the background anyway.

I actually referred to Merrin in my post. You are right that these deals will probably happen in the background but all I am saying is that I would prefer a better way. To me this is one of the biggest turn offs about following the NRL where we have a situation where players are dealing with other clubs over 12 months in advance. The AFL have a system that shows the fans greater respect and even English soccer have a transfer window.
Yeah I am going on about it because it's Manly but if other clubs were talking to Mead, Elgey, Roberts etc now about 2016 I wouldn't like that either. Anyway I have said enough about this subject - get the footy on.

Titan4Life
04-03-15, 10:52 PM
Everyone take this rumour with a grain of salt but this guy has got a few things right recently:

@NrlRumourMill: Mail is a press conference being called tomorrow afternoon to announce that DCE has signed #gctitans #positivenews #onwardsandupwards

Would be very strange for DCE to do this on the day of NRL season kick off but maybe he wants the spotlight to be on him or possibly just wants it out of the way. Guess we will find out tomorrow.