PDA

View Full Version : Zilly the iron man

Titan4Life
05-12-14, 04:30 PM
Zilly the iron man

Following Dan Ferris' tribute into William Zillman's exceptional training records, the Titans fullback gives fans and young players an insight into his training attitude.

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=NvNWEzcjpGWaFDXG8oYNYxWP47vWDwt7&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

Mexican titan
05-12-14, 04:40 PM
Can't bring myself to look at the video but when I saw Zilly in the title my immediate thought was that the Broncos need a fullback.

Titan4Life
05-12-14, 04:41 PM
Interesting Zilly says "I am the team's fullback" and Titans keep saying "Titans FULLBACK Will Zillman". Is it just because he was last year or could he possibly still be the fullback come round 1? Cant see Hoffman being too happy about that. Surely he wont be our 2015 fullback...will he?

Titanic
05-12-14, 04:45 PM
I'll bet he never hears "pass me the ball Zilly".

Mexican titan
05-12-14, 04:48 PM
I said I wouldn't say any more about the Titans FB spot and just let the players sort it out in the trials. But as for the Broncos FB I can see Zilly slotting straight into Boyd's place. I don't like to see players injured but is it just a bit of karma that Boyd took off from Newcastle before his contract was up (yes I know he was released), got over his depression in the Greek Islands.......and now is out for the year and the Broncs have to pay his contract.
Probably hijacking the thread I know but I am over talking Zilly.

Titan4Life
05-12-14, 04:50 PM
Hahaha he's not going to the Broncos boys, he's staying here. We can't afford to pay out 3 years of a contract.

Mexican titan
05-12-14, 05:00 PM
Hahaha he's not going to the Broncos boys, he's staying here. We can't afford to pay out 3 years of a contract.

Yeah I know he is going nowhere - thanks to a very fat year contract given to him by the previous imposters. Such is life.

Titan4Life
05-12-14, 05:07 PM
I am actually interested though to see if Zillman improves under Henry. I just don't know how he went from being one of our best a few years ago when he got here to our consistent worst in the last couple of years. Unlike others, I am going to give him a chance in 2015 before judging Henry if he is selected in the team. He may not improve but I am willing to see. HOWEVER THERE SHOULD BE NO FAVORITISM FOR SPOTS. HE SHOULD BE DROPPED IF HE DOES NOT PERFORM. Expecting several dislikes soon.

Titanic
05-12-14, 05:38 PM
Zillman has two physical issues that can't be coached out: his lower back inflexibility means he can't twist and he shovel-passes ... both of these problems are most likely due to the weights regimen he has put himself through to get over his previous injuries.

teke
05-12-14, 06:06 PM
Interesting Zilly says "I am the team's fullback" and Titans keep saying "Titans FULLBACK Will Zillman". Is it just because he was last year or could he possibly still be the fullback come round 1? Cant see Hoffman being too happy about that. Surely he wont be our 2015 fullback...will he?Henry is the man and u shouldn't question his decision if Zilly is fb. That sound familiar :)

Numbers
05-12-14, 06:09 PM
The fact that Zillman may have a heart as big as Phar Lap's offers me very little comfort given he seems to have the footy nous of a gnat.

As for T4L's suggestion he was once of our best, I don't remember it. The only particularly decent game I remember him playing was the 2010 final against the Warriors - and it didn't surprise me in the least when he followed it up with a clanger-ridden performance against the Roosters. Given the length of Zillman's contract, I hope Henry can produce some improvement in him, but I think it will take a minor footy miracle!

DavidBouveng
05-12-14, 10:34 PM
i think in regards to calling him titans fullback, its a modern sports thing to name someone in there main position even if they are second or third string, especially since hes played there for 5 years or whatever.

Reports about Srama all say titans hooker, even though Falloon had the hooking role mostly. and that was in articles saying he is leaving.

It doesnt bother me too much, however the PR offensive does. We all know he is a good trainer, big deal. fitness doesnt equate to game nous or ability.

Titanic
06-12-14, 12:24 PM
Yes DB it's sickening to hear such platitudes of insincerity ... I couldn't agree more "big bloody deal" ... that's just like referring to George Rose as a potential winger because he can eat more pies than Artie Beetson could. ... completely irrelevant.

shamus
07-12-14, 11:45 AM
All 3 are training at fullback atm but DM won't lose any sleep if he doesn't get the gig. He just wants to be out there somewhere.

C-Whiz
07-12-14, 01:07 PM
I think you are all missing the point...

Cartwright has headed off a bidding war for an off-contract Zillman. :doh:

5 Year Contract
08-12-14, 06:19 PM
Barring injury he wont be there. Can't defend to save himself and always seems to be nowhere in the vicinity of where the try was being scored in his stints at fullback this year. But I agree let the trials and form sort up the final makeup of our team come round 1

Hail Sezer
09-12-14, 07:01 PM
But underneath that iron foundation is a sensitive human being:

From an article in the GCB

Another of the Titans “Mr Versatile”, regular fullback Will Zillman, has declined to comment about the arrival of former Brisbane Broncos custodian Josh Hoffman.

Zillman acknowledges the recruiting of NRL regulars such as Hoffman will only serve to heat up competition for places in the side, he remains coy about his situation.

“No, I don’t really want to talk about that,” Zillman said before joining a PGA Championship promotion with Don and golfers Steven Bowditch and American Boo Weekley at Royal Pines yesterday."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Titanic
09-12-14, 07:25 PM
No, I don’t really want to talk about that
= I'm sh1tting myself.

5 Year Contract
10-12-14, 08:08 AM
hahaha!! Did they say whether a single tear rolled down his cheek when he was asked about Hoffman?

Toads
10-12-14, 09:47 AM
Geezus.. I hope the teams psychiatrist comforted and consoled with him after such vigorous questioning. :doh:

ozynorts
10-12-14, 10:24 AM
So the two captains thing is up for review, I am guessing the vc is also being considered?????

Titanic
10-12-14, 10:57 AM
hahaha!! Did they say whether a single tear rolled down his cheek when he was asked about Hoffman?
Oh you are so cruel :)

Geezus.. I hope the teams psychiatrist comforted and consoled with him after such vigorous questioning. :doh:
The use of towels and rubber gloves were evidently a part of it.

So the two captains thing is up for review, I am guessing the vc is also being considered?????
Let's just hope it's not the vc for a promotion.

Mr Stupid
10-12-14, 02:16 PM
I'd have Miles as sole Captain and Sezer as VC to give him some authority in the backline and over his forwards. Bird's position to be reviewed after Round 13.