PDA

View Full Version : Titans NYC 2015

Pages : [1] 2 3

Hail Sezer
12-10-14, 06:48 PM
With 2014 done and dusted and a new crop of youngsters coming through, a 2015 NYC thread seems appropriate

Open trial callbacks were held today. Jenan Parish played to make up numbers and both him and some others who witnessed the trial said that there was some talent on show.

Did anyone else attend the open trials?

- - - Updated - - -

Neil Henry was apparently at the open trial as well, taking notes. Good to see his involvement extend down to that level.

mdrew
12-10-14, 07:05 PM
Heke was supurb, Jodan Scott also played and looked good.

lonegull
12-10-14, 07:26 PM
Great to see Henry attend, and hopefully Heke signs with us before the warriors trials.

Titan4Life
12-10-14, 07:30 PM
Hopefully we see some of our NYC youngsters come through to the top grade. Guys like Elgey and Coleman who have been superb for the 20s this year. Thanks to mdrew and HS who provide updates about open trials and other games concerning our juniors.

Good to hear Henry was at the trials and looking over the talent. Let's hope he is serious about junior development as that was one of Carty's main problems (besides the fact he couldn't coach).

Titani
12-10-14, 09:24 PM
Caleb Heke was ok today didn't score a long range try though. The kid who was the standout today was greg lelesiuao scored a long range try for titans jersey team. 17 year old from Woodridge has destroyed every trial he has played for titans. Signed with titans till 2017

Hail Sezer
12-10-14, 09:31 PM
Caleb Heke was ok today didn't score a long range try though. The kid who was the standout today was greg lelesiuao scored a long range try for titans jersey team. 17 year old from Woodridge has destroyed every trial he has played for titans. Signed with titans till 2017

Welcome

Apologies if he didn't - just going off what I've heard.

Have never heard of this Greg. Would you be able to elaborate? What position is he, for example

Titani
12-10-14, 10:00 PM
Greg is a fullback came off the bench as only 17 this year. Bit of an unknown this year out of Woodridge. From all reports has been outstanding in 17's 18's and 20's trials. Looked fast strong and powerful today against older opposition. I think there may have been confusion on the fullbacks as he was definitely best fullback today. Didn't want any confusion if Heke wasn't signed by titans

Hail Sezer
12-10-14, 10:23 PM
Greg is a fullback came off the bench as only 17 this year. Bit of an unknown this year out of Woodridge. From all reports has been outstanding in 17's 18's and 20's trials. Looked fast strong and powerful today against older opposition. I think there may have been confusion on the fullbacks as he was definitely best fullback today. Didn't want any confusion if Heke wasn't signed by titans

Mate Ill double check but thanks for the clarification if that is the case

So was greg signed up before the trial?

- - - Updated - - -

Have just double checked with Jenan and he reckons greg was a gun. So confused but I think you might be right mate.

Titani
12-10-14, 10:39 PM
I think they signed him from a local school comp titans cup during the year

mdrew
13-10-14, 08:00 AM
Greg Lelesiuao was signed after doing well in the Four and Twenty Cup earlier this year, good luck to the young man, hope he continues to do well

Dan the titan
13-10-14, 08:03 AM

Yes he was ok Caleb Heke too be honest be lucky too get a spot.As for the kid named Greg L this kid should play 20s next year and only 17 he has a massive future,speed power and vision reminded me of a young Karmichael Hunt..Best player easily,another couple too impress me were Jordy Scott and the kid in the 13 for the Titan team tough no nonsense young lock.Anyone at the trial know if the 8 in the titans team was Nathan Watts??didn't really impress me at all but may go alrite after a good pre season.

mdrew
13-10-14, 08:45 AM
Pretty sure Watts was the 8, the 13 is tough and from Burleigh I believe. Agree thought Jordan Scott did well. Good to hear different opinions on players we all look at different things, for me I did think Heke did well, but to each their own. A great initiative by the Titans to look at different players.

mdrew
13-10-14, 09:18 AM
Cameron Kelleher was the 13 apologies he played for Tweed not Burleigh, originally from Sawtell in Group 2 apparently

mdrew
13-10-14, 11:01 AM
It will be interesting to see where Greg Lelesiuao ends up, he played some 5/8 for Souths Logan in the Mal Meninga Cup this year and seems to be a goal kicker as well. Scored a lot of tries across schoolboy and MM football. Promising signs for the future for him and the Titans, one for us to keep an eye on.

Dan the titan
13-10-14, 02:42 PM
Hope he makes the squad and does well and the team goes well for 2015 season.

Hail Sezer
13-10-14, 05:15 PM
Dan the titan - just spoke to Jenan and hes going nowhere.

Dan the titan
13-10-14, 05:41 PM
Dan the titan - just spoke to Jenan and hes going nowhere.

Awesome news,hope he works hard and proves to the staff he not only can play 20s but I think he can go all the way.The kid is a Freak and I dont know why he missed so many games this year but if he plays to his potential will be very hard to leave out.I was suppose to pm you and Mdrew thats why I deleted the post.Cheers for the heads up mate.

charged2go
13-10-14, 10:05 PM
From the open trials Greg L was the standout... because he is only 17 and doesnt have a car license living in woodridge he will not come into the squad full time until he does have a license, however they are planning on bringing him down during the season to train for a couple of weeks and hopefully get a game of 20s under his belt before he goes full time in the 20s in 2016, Coaching staff were also happ with Max Elliot and Rhys Duke, apparently torn between who to take into the squad between Duke and Kelleher... From my understandings both should do pre season until christmas to give them an opportunity to prove themselves, and then coaching staff will re evaluate the situation... As for Neil Henry there are rumours circling that his plan is to develop junior talent such as our 20's into top grade players rather than spending money on buying players as he knows of the amount of talent that there is on the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers catchment area...

mdrew
31-10-14, 10:11 PM
It will be interesting to see how the open NYC trial in New Zealand on 9 November goes. Fingers crossed that we grab a gem or two

Dan the titan
03-11-14, 04:03 PM
Any one know about couple signings from Sydney guys,seen one of the boys on my lunch break in Robina,he heard a whisper they have already played 20s for other clubs down South??Hail Sezer or Mdrew maybe know or heard anything.

charged2go
05-11-14, 02:28 PM
Any one know about couple signings from Sydney guys,seen one of the boys on my lunch break in Robina,he heard a whisper they have already played 20s for other clubs down South??Hail Sezer or Mdrew maybe know or heard anything.

Brayden Toorpi has travelled up from melbourne to join the titans in 2015, plays in the halves and has some NYC experience with mebourne... not too sure on who the sydney boys are but can do some digging and see what i can find out

- - - Updated - - -

The boys had their first field session last night, cameron kelleher got best score in the beep test, was around the 13 mark... the boys then did some defensive work and finished off with a tough conditioning session known as "the deck of cards from hell" all the boys got through the session well. and the attitude around training seems to be well above last year. hopefully big things to come for the 2015 squad as training progresses

Dan the titan
05-11-14, 05:18 PM
Brayden Toorpi has travelled up from melbourne to join the titans in 2015, plays in the halves and has some NYC experience with mebourne... not too sure on who the sydney boys are but can do some digging and see what i can find out

- - - Updated - - -

The boys had their first field session last night, cameron kelleher got best score in the beep test, was around the 13 mark... the boys then did some defensive work and finished off with a tough conditioning session known as "the deck of cards from hell" all the boys got through the session well. and the attitude around training seems to be well above last year. hopefully big things to come for the 2015 squad as training progresses

Thanks for the update mate Torpy is a good pick up for the group,not surprised about Kelleher after watching him play he does everything at a 100 miles an hour.

TITAN PETE
06-11-14, 09:23 PM
It should be cut back there is too many Schwass boys in the squad..

Hail Sezer
06-11-14, 09:53 PM
It should be cut back there is too many Schwass boys in the squad..

Hayden is fine, Daniel is a liability to humanity in general

TITAN PETE
06-11-14, 10:30 PM
Hayden is fine, Daniel is a liability to humanity in general

Haydo is the man , tough , always trying to cover for his smaller Brother & far better looking then his smaller weaker Bro ��

charged2go
07-11-14, 10:19 AM
Haydo is the man , tough , always trying to cover for his smaller Brother & far better looking then his smaller weaker Bro ��

haydo has dropped to 90kg, big dans shot up to 93kg's... pure muscle mass so watch out for the 93kg halfback out there

Titanic
14-11-14, 01:48 PM
anybody know of this guy?

Rounding off the list of potential future NRL stars is exciting fullback Peauafi Vakauta who will join the Gold Coast Titans.http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/seven-graduating-marsden-state-high-school-students-have-signed-with-nrl-clubs/story-fni3fbgz-1226759453450

Hail Sezer
14-11-14, 01:59 PM
Hey Titanic, yes he was with us at the start of last season but I believe he moved on. Unsure where he is now

Cat
27-11-14, 06:27 AM
Does anyone know how the 20's have been going with their preseason training?

Hail Sezer
27-11-14, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know how the 20's have been going with their preseason training?

Great apparently - a lot tougher than last year and there is plenty more chemistry with the players being familiar with each other

Hail Sezer
01-12-14, 04:26 PM
Terrible news as it looks like unfortunately Jayden Connors could be out for the 2015 season as he has torn a ligament and chipped the bone in his ankle. 2015 will have been his last year in u20s and he is a very talented fullback who was one of our best at the back end of 2014. Very exciting young player.

I'd like to wish him all the best in his recovery, and hopefully he is back out on the field sometime next year

Dan the titan
03-12-14, 06:17 PM
Good to see a video of Woolfy talking about how the first 4 weeks have been for the boys,anyone know when the squad is named?

Cat
03-12-14, 06:48 PM
If there is currently 40 how many will remain in the squad?

lonegull
03-12-14, 08:08 PM
Good to see a video of Woolfy talking about how the first 4 weeks have been for the boys,anyone know when the squad is named?

Totally agree great to see some video on the 20's something that the Titans media dept have lacked in doing the last couple of years hopefully their is plenty more to come of the 20's training and their preparation heading into this season

lonegull
09-12-14, 09:29 PM
Just jumped on website and noticed there are a few new names on the profile page for the NYC, still all the old names and profiles also so must be updating. Hopefully we get to see or hear wolfy announce the NYC squad

Hail Sezer
11-12-14, 02:30 PM
My thoughts on our starting team for next season:

1. Connors
2. Kelly
3. Hudson
4. Humphreys/Page
5. Spring/Folau
6. Schwass
7. Fletcher
8. Tuiasau
9. Parrish
10. Iodice
11. Coleman
12. Swift/Wright
13. Wilson

Schwass to captain.

Unsure on interchange at this stage

There is also the chance the Deacon could stay at hooker with Torpy or Grant going to 7

mdrew
12-12-14, 09:33 AM
My possible side

Shaun Hudson – Good runner of the football and is adept at setting up his outside supports
Zac Spring – Just seems to know how to find the try line
Brian Kelly – Played all of last year on the wing, but played his junior football in the centres, big, strong and fast
Ethan Page – Massive centre with size and strength
Tevita Folau – Missed all of last season but very talented
Danial Schwass – Good organiser and leader
Deacon Fletcher – Nuggety feisty player who can also play hooker
Oshae Tuiasau - Was one of our best forwards last year until injury struck
Jennan Wedderburn Parrish – classy hooker with good distribution and knows when to run
James Iodice – Aggressive hard hitting forward
Pharis Wilson - Really surprised me last year
Anthony Coleman – A real talent, hopefully gets some time in 1st grade or at least QCup
Shane Wright – Very good ball skills on the fringes of the ruck

Sam Swift – The best junior footballer I personally have seen
Nathan Watts – I think will surprise people with his whole hearted effort
Harrison Hughes – hard worker with skills to back it up
Karl Lawnton – Can play a number of positions.

Really wanted to find spots for Max Elliot Keanu Dawson, Daymeric Pelo, Josh Berkers, Jordan Scott etc

I will be interested to see how front rowers Rapene Bruce, Albert Hunkin and Kade Maloney go in the trials Bruce and Hunkin in particular have a fair bit of size about them

PS - I am assuming Jayden Connors will not be back from injury until after the start of the season

Hail Sezer
17-12-14, 08:55 AM
Greg L is training with the squad at the moment. Been told he's doing a few weeks at a time due to his location being so far away

RenegadeGC
17-12-14, 04:39 PM
Kid can play.. I wonder if he will play MM for Souths Logan or will come down here. I wouldn't think travel would be too much of an issue. I know of players that have traveled further in the past. Not that hard especially when train station is right there.

TITAN PETE
11-01-15, 12:24 PM
The boys got flogged at Tallabudgeraba yesterday for 2 hours & weren't looking too Happy after the session :laugh:, I did ask a couple of the boys if there was anyone having a chuck but surprisingly no one did to me that says their fitness levels must be pretty good..

I did notice a few new faces I'm not familiar with & one of them is a PNG boy who looks like a ready made Hooker , one of the coaches says he can't speak 2 words of English & just nods & smile a lot , good to see more of our Northern neighbors getting a shot at a Proffesional level :thumbsup:

Dan the titan
15-01-15, 12:27 PM
Hey guys anyone know if the team has been cut yet,as well as who,where and when there trials will be.

RenegadeGC
15-01-15, 06:15 PM
Hey guys anyone know if the team has been cut yet,as well as who,where and when there trials will be.

My nephew is one of MM Squads and he said they having a fairly solid oppose session next Saturday against the Titans 20s squad.

RenegadeGC
16-01-15, 12:29 PM
Greg L is training with the squad at the moment. Been told he's doing a few weeks at a time due to his location being so far away

Greg L, from Souths Logan has been added to the GC MM Program for this year. So no doubt that means he will play 20s at some stage this year

Hail Sezer
16-01-15, 09:10 PM
Greg L and Shaun Hudson are the only ones training at fullback at the moment with Connors being injured.

I have no idea why this sped up so much but just so you guys can get a look at Greg, here is some footage of some of his footwork in MM cup last year. godspeed

http://share.gifyoutube.com/vpjnEq.gif

RenegadeGC
21-01-15, 10:27 PM
Titans 20s will be running an opposed session against both MM Cup sides this Saturday at Robina Reserve

mdrew
23-01-15, 08:33 AM
GC Bulliten story on our U20's

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/teen-titan-jed-cartwright-sidelined-by-ankle-injury-in-freak-training-accident/story-fnj9yd9w-1227193373862

Dan the titan
23-01-15, 09:42 AM
Thanks MDrew enjoyed that article where discusses the experienced players like Oshea, Wilson, Iodice, Hudson & Coleman and the squad is ready to go & seems to be training the house down (great to get previous reports also from Hail Sezer & Titan Pete about their training) and they are all very good players, fantastic that the Club is giving our top 20 players experience in NRL training Squad, that is invaluable and step in the right direction for our club, one of them may get a NRL start one game this year. GO TITANS :)This is a great read and I second that Titan Bear that anyone of these boys named can step up if given the chance!!Will miss the start of the season due to work but hope to at least see a couple of there trials while im still here.Top 8 boys head down rip in..GOOD LUCK FOR 2015!!

lonegull
23-01-15, 10:58 AM
Agree its a great read, and hopefully a lot of these players will step up after a year under their belt. Also the Titans Webpage has been updated with most of the players profiles for the NYC know done which is good to put a face to the name.

mdrew
27-01-15, 06:49 PM
I know that we are pretty well covered at hooker with Jennan, Deacon and Chris Law (Cowboys) but I am very disappointed to see Joe Besgrove (Tweed Seagulls) head down to play NYC for Souths. He is a talented footballer, best of luck, can not blame Titans for this one, just one of those things with a lot of talented players at the same position

RenegadeGC
27-01-15, 10:08 PM
I know that we are pretty well covered at hooker with Jennan, Deacon and Chris Law (Cowboys) but I am very disappointed to see Joe Besgrove (Tweed Seagulls) head down to play NYC for Souths. He is a talented footballer, best of luck, can not blame Titans for this one, just one of those things with a lot of talented players at the same position

Souths sniped another Titan Junior hooker last year as well, Aaron Booth. Northern Rivers kid, but played MM for the coast

Dan the titan
02-02-15, 08:53 AM
Hi guys anyone heard when the 20s trials are??

Hail Sezer
02-02-15, 09:43 AM
Hi guys anyone heard when the 20s trials are??

This weekend

They have split the squad in to 2 teams who will play 2 seperate games

Unsure on exact lineups but I know one team has Schwass bros, deacon, lawto, spring, humphreys, connors and greg l. Other lineup has Huddo and Kelly and I'd assume some others from last year too so they seem fairly even

Hail Sezer
04-02-15, 07:30 PM
Apparently Schwass bros,Huddo, Wilson, Coleman and Iodice are sitting out this weekends trials in preparation for next weekend

lonegull
04-02-15, 09:23 PM
Looks like nothing has changed with the Titans media dept nothing once again on our NYC, I wish they would have a look at other clubs websites and they might learn that YES some people are interested in the juniors of the club, other clubs websites do this very well

RenegadeGC
04-02-15, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know the NYC selected teams for this weekends trials?

Some of the MM Cup Titan contracted players are heading up and it will be a Titans 20's development squad that will be playing.

Cat
05-02-15, 09:55 AM
Looks like nothing has changed with the Titans media dept nothing once again on our NYC, I wish they would have a look at other clubs websites and they might learn that YES some people are interested in the juniors of the club, other clubs websites do this very well

I agree it's really difficult getting information on the NYC. Would be good to hear how their training is going and see some photo's. What the makeup of the teams are for Saturday.
They are the future of the club!

mdrew
05-02-15, 10:28 AM
U20s on show in Toowoomba

Thu 5th February, 09:14AM

The Titans under-20s begin their 2015 campaign with trials in Toowoomba on Saturday before the NRL team’s clash with the Warriors.

Most of coach Ben Woolf’s pre-season squad of more than 40 players will go through their paces at Clive Berghofer Stadium.

Some will be involved in the Titans development squad’s clash with the Clydesdale’s under-20s at 3.20pm before the Holden Cup side takes on the Clydesdales’ first grade team at 4.50pm (the NRL clash begins at 7pm).

So Titans fans making the trip up to the Darling Downs can see plenty of action on the day, with local matches from 12.30pm. The under-20s team is listed below.

Coach Woolf has been putting the squad through rigorous training since early November and only four players look like having a late start to the season because of injury – prop Harrison Hughes (shoulder), Chris Lawler (knee), Tevita Folau (knee) and Ellery Tausa (knee).

Those not playing at Toowoomba will start their season in a trial match against Tweed Heads Seagulls Intrust Super Cup side the following Saturday (February 14) at Piggabeen Sports Complex at 3.30pm. It’s a great opportunity for Titans fans to see some of the stars of the future in action.

The following weekend the side will travel to Rockhampton where they will play a curtain-raiser to a Blackhawks v Capras match.

Woolf is happy with the progress of his squad and is looking for a significant improvement from their performances in 2014, with several of the squad benefitting from a full season of Holden Cup behind them.

They will run out against Wests Tigers at Cbus Super Stadium on March 7 with 14 players who were regulars in last year’s team in Jackson Clarke (pictured), Parahi Wilson, Daniel Schwass, Harrison Hughes, Brian Kelly, Anthony Coleman, Zac Spring, Oshae Tuiasau, Deacon Fletcher, James Iodice, Jayden Connors, Rory Humphreys, Shaun Hudson and Karl Lawton, plus others who played several matches.

“We’re aiming to be a lot more consistent side and more disciplined over the 80 minutes and if we do that I think we showed last season we can compete against the best sides,” said Woolf.

“We’ll have a bit more size in the team this year too and that is something we lacked last season.

“The boys have been training really well and the attitude has been great so it will be good to get on the paddock this weekend and get an indication of how we are progressing.”

The team for the 4.50pm clash in Toowoomba on Saturday night is:

1 Jayden Connors

2 Brett Stratton

3 Christian Mika

4 Simione Fatefahi

5 Ethan Page

6 Braydon Mcmahon

7 Sam Grant

8 Cade Maloney

9 Jenan W- Parrish

10 Shane Gillham

11 Rhys Duke

12 Max Elliott

13 Cameron Kelleher

14 Sam Swift

15 Jackson Clarke

Hail Sezer
05-02-15, 10:54 AM
Cheers mdrew! Wish we got to see the development side as well

Man those backs have some size with Fatafehi, Page, Mika and Stratton isn't by any means small either. Jayden will have a field day running off offloads from them

lonegull
05-02-15, 11:09 AM
I may be wrong but I thought Jayden picked up a serious injury in the offseason?

Hail Sezer
05-02-15, 11:21 AM
I may be wrong but I thought Jayden picked up a serious injury in the offseason?

he did mate - has only began running recently but he will be right

- - - Updated - - -

Just got news from Dan that the "U20s" and "U20s development Squad" are pretty much an even split in terms of ability, the only difference being that the development squad has a few u18 eligible players too (such as Greg L)

RenegadeGC
05-02-15, 11:33 AM
be nice if it was videoed and there was a highlights package for us to have a look at. will be interested to see how some of the 18s eligible players go. hopefully the pathways are there now, as a fair amount of the current 20s have come through the cc and mm program over the last couple of years.

Hail Sezer
05-02-15, 05:52 PM
Connors out - ankle not right unfortunately

Hail Sezer
06-02-15, 09:56 PM
Greg L in for Jayden

Shaun Hudson trialling with NRL

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 04:31 PM
Development team trial just kicked off

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 05:01 PM
Update: "up 30-10 with 11 to go in first half... Jordy scotts going well, same as nic burns and rory, young sammy elliots having a red hot crack"

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 05:34 PM
46-16 19 to go

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 05:53 PM
58-16 final score

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 06:20 PM
U20S:

6-4 downn, greg just scored a try from 40 out on his own

6 all now

- - - Updated - - -

Making a few errors apparently

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 06:42 PM
16-6 to us

Grant and Mika with tries

- - - Updated - - -

"So basically first half report, average on our behalf, clydesdales are strong but we just arent executing anything, trys have come off individual efforts from grant and greg and then the grubber from mcmahon to mika, middles not giving our halves much but remembering our main middles are playing next week in the likes of iodice, tuisau, wilson and that"

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 07:03 PM
30-6 now

imrpoved 2nd half

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 07:32 PM
44-18 final score

TITAN PETE
07-02-15, 08:00 PM
Probably 18 points against that will piss Woolfy off

Hail Sezer
07-02-15, 08:04 PM
Yeah mate apparently they were below par

mdrew
09-02-15, 07:59 AM
From the Toowoomba Chronicle, the scorers from NYC sides on Saturday:

TITANS 20s 44 (Sam Grant 2, Christian Mika 2, Greg Leleisiuao, Brett Stratton, Jenan W Parrish, Sam Swift tries Grant 6 goals) def CLYDESDALES OPEN REP 18 (Jamie Dodt 2, Matthew Prowse tries; Matt Duggan 3 goals)

UNDER 20s: TITANS DEV SQUAD 58 (Brayden McGrady 2, Tyrone Roberts-Paris, Rory Humphries, Zac Spring, Tom Sly, Braden Torpy, Jordan Scott, Keanu Dawson, Sam Elliot, Jeromy Veve tries; Nic Burns 4, Torpy 3 goals) def CLYDESDALES 16 (Zac Morris, Ritchie Lowe, Kyle Wagner tries; Corey Langton, Tristan Hope goals)

Cat
09-02-15, 07:52 PM
This is not exactly correct no: 13 Kelleher for the 20's scored in the last 2 min.

mdrew
10-02-15, 07:30 PM
Agree with Huddo and/or Anthony Coleman. Another I would consider is Dan Schwass, he led Burleigh well last year.

mdrew
10-02-15, 07:38 PM
All good mate, the more discussion on the NYC squad and juniors the better

yes, agree with you probably out of those 3. I picked co-captains, one forward & one back as last year Woolf had co-captains in Elgey & Hughes, thanks for response.

Hail Sezer
10-02-15, 07:54 PM
Schwassy for Cap'n

Hail Sezer
10-02-15, 09:19 PM
Squad to play Tweed will look something like..

Kelly
Mika
Spring
Huddo
Humphreys
Lawton
Schwass
Tuisau
Fletcher
Iodice
Wright
Colman
Wilson
Leleisiuao (Greg)
Berkers
Schwass
Gillham
Grant
Torpy
Page
Fatafehi
Maloney
Watts

as well as
Li
Paasi
Peddybourbe
Gordon (Yes, Kevin Gorodn)

Plus a few more 20s boys
26 20's boys and 4 NRL in total. Playing 4 x 25 minutes

Dan the titan
11-02-15, 08:36 AM
Cant wait to get back upto qld go down and suppot the boys.Jenan Parrish gotta be there somewhere HS??
Squad to play Tweed will look something like..

Kelly
Mika
Spring
Huddo
Humphreys
Lawton
Schwass
Tuisau
Fletcher
Iodice
Wright
Colman
Wilson
Leleisiuao (Greg)
Berkers
Schwass
Gillham
Grant
Torpy
Page
Fatafehi
Maloney
Watts

as well as
Li
Paasi
Peddybourbe
Gordon (Yes, Kevin Gorodn)

Plus a few more 20s boys
26 20's boys and 4 NRL in total. Playing 4 x 25 minutes

Hail Sezer
11-02-15, 08:40 AM
Cant wait to get back upto qld go down and suppot the boys.Jenan Parrish gotta be there somewhere HS??

Good to hear you're heading along mate

Unfortunanately I don't think he's in Woolfy's calculations this season either, with Deacon/Lawton likely to remain at hooker and therefore Torpy/Schwass commanding the halves spots

Dan the titan
11-02-15, 09:40 AM
WOW big call with Jenan,cant wait to watch the boys probably the only game I get to watch as my job relocated to Melbourne!!
Good to hear you're heading along mate

Unfortunanately I don't think he's in Woolfy's calculations this season either, with Deacon/Lawton likely to remain at hooker and therefore Torpy/Schwass commanding the halves spots

Hail Sezer
13-02-15, 08:22 AM
Official squad for this weekends trial:

20's Lineup:

Kelly
Mika
Spring
Huddo
Rory
Lawton
Schwassy
Tuiasau
Fletcher
Iodice
Coleman
Wright
Wilson
Greg L
Page
Cartwright
Fatefehi
Grant
Torpy
Watts
Hayden Schwass
Berkers
Max Elliot
Cade Maloney
Hughes
Gillham

+ Leva Li, Eddy petty, Paasi and Gordon

Hail Sezer
13-02-15, 03:53 PM
Look for Daniel Schwass to have a big game - guy has already got decent QCUP experience so handling the physicality shouldn't be an issue. I'm looking forward to hearing how the team will be directed under him as well with Daniel being well known for how composed he remains. Big for a half too. Book him in for a certain try assist :thumbsup:

Gonna be a good test for our 20s against a strong tweed side boasting Crampton, LG, Fogs, Ingram and Sironen.

TITAN PETE
13-02-15, 04:04 PM
Look for Daniel Schwass to have a big game - guy has already got decent QCUP experience so handling the physicality shouldn't be an issue. I'm looking forward to hearing how the team will be directed under him as well with Daniel being well known for how composed he remains. Big for a half too. Book him in for a certain try assist :thumbsup:

Gonna be a good test for our 20s against a strong tweed side boasting Crampton, LG, Fogs, Ingram and Sironen.

Hayden makes him look good :thumbsup:

mdrew
14-02-15, 09:19 AM
Yes mate that is right

Should be a good trial with many of our good young 20s on show as well as some of our NRL players, will be physical and for some of our 20s who have come up from junior footy, it will be a lot quicker, just confirming that game is at Cabarita not Piggabeen?

Hail Sezer
14-02-15, 08:41 PM
Sounds like the U20's went well.

Schwass and Torpy both played well although Torpy got late shotted and concussed. Lawton went good too apparently. Jed Cartwright had a strong audition for that vacant centre position and it sounds like Brian Kelly will likely get the nod at fullback with him being the more experienced player at that level. Rory Humphreys apparently the stand out winger as well so I'd lock him in for one of those spots come rd1. For those who haven't seen Rory, he's very Mansour-esque. Just needs to get bulking a bit harder. Dude has got the beard and everything

Paasi and Li were both solid too by the sounds of things and wouldn't have played themselves out of getting the nod for a contract.

Elgey played well and showed his usual class. Some saying he looked a class above however I'm hearing that the U20's made extra effort to shut him down and it sounds like this was achieved pretty well. Fogarty was solid without being spectacular.

Davin Crampton was the star of the show by all reports and described as a freak by one of the blokes he was playing against

RenegadeGC
14-02-15, 09:19 PM
How did Greg L. Go?

Hail Sezer
14-02-15, 09:25 PM
How did Greg L. Go?

Strong on attack but positional play wasn't as good as Brian Kelly's - just needs a bit of coaching. He's got that X factor though Greg..guess it depends what Woolfy wants come round 1 but I could imagine both will be given another chance to prove themselves next weekend

Dan the titan
16-02-15, 10:35 AM
Well back in freezing Melbourne, but after watching the game the 20s went really well.Wilson was awesome Oshea is a powerful player and after a long layoff was really good Iodice was good played tough.Torpy and Sam Grant were the better halves pairing Imo.And I too think they went right too many times cos I cant recall Ants Coleman having a run? For what it's worth my starting 13 would be

Kelly
Rory
Huddo
Spring
Greg l
Torpy
Grant
Oshea
Deacon
Iodice
Coleman
H Schwass/Berkers/Elliot/Wright
Wilson

Cant name bench other then Lawton..Good luck to all the boys and staff for 2015! !

Hail Sezer
16-02-15, 10:49 AM
Great info guys.

In regards to your team list Dan, at NYC level I don't think that Grants kicking game is up to scratch. He's good with his footwork when we have momentum and are on the attack but doesn't bring much stability. I think that Schwass and Torpy would be a better halves pairing, with Daniel as the organiser which frees Torpy up to play his style and bring in his running game.

Agree with the rest of your team though, looks solid.

Dan the titan
16-02-15, 11:03 AM
Hey HS yeah id say so too with D Shwass but just going off the trial on Saturday Grant and Torpy looked a bit more organised!!Daniel will probably be the half who I do rate highly and Hayden really pushed his claims too was really impressed with him on Saturday..
Great info guys.

In regards to your team list Dan, at NYC level I don't think that Grants kicking game is up to scratch. He's good with his footwork when we have momentum and are on the attack but doesn't bring much stability. I think that Schwass and Torpy would be a better halves pairing, with Daniel as the organiser which frees Torpy up to play his style and bring in his running game.

Agree with the rest of your team though, looks solid.

Hail Sezer
16-02-15, 11:20 AM
Hey HS yeah id say so too with D Shwass but just going off the trial on Saturday Grant and Torpy looked a bit more organised!!Daniel will probably be the half who I do rate highly and Hayden really pushed his claims too was really impressed with him on Saturday..

Cool mate yeah looking forward to this weekends trial!

What were your thoughts on Cartwright as a centre option?

Titanic
16-02-15, 01:32 PM
Backrowers running as centres is a strategy in the Cartwright veins :)

Dan the titan
16-02-15, 01:38 PM
Cool mate yeah looking forward to this weekends trial!

What were your thoughts on Cartwright as a centre option?

He was ok there were a couple of guys I dont know of 1 in headgear and another centre that went good as well both islander boys I think?.There needs to be a place for Greg L SOMEWHERE he has the x factor the kid is dynamite with ball in hand!!!

RenegadeGC
16-02-15, 02:08 PM
He was ok there were a couple of guys I dont know of 1 in headgear and another centre that went good as well both islander boys I think?.There needs to be a place for Greg L SOMEWHERE he has the x factor the kid is dynamite with ball in hand!!!

Definitely be interesting to see what the have in planned for Greg L.. Last i heard he couldn't make all trainings, which may hold him back from playing. But who knows as everyones got big raps on him

Hail Sezer
16-02-15, 09:03 PM
Delayne Ashby is training with U20's

RenegadeGC
16-02-15, 09:07 PM
Delayne Ashby is training with U20's

Halfback from Cowboys 20s?

Hail Sezer
16-02-15, 09:19 PM
Halfback from Cowboys 20s?

Yeha mate

you know much about him?

RenegadeGC
16-02-15, 09:55 PM
Yeha mate

you know much about him?

Was originally with the Roosters sg ball then went to cowboys 20s. Have a feeling there may be a link between him coming to titans through the new recruitment officer being with the roosters.

was also in the nz Maori side last year. Haven't seen him play but have heard good things. He's a half that can play hooker.

Be interesting to see where he fits into the squad now with the likes of torpy, Schwass, grant etc.
If I was one of them three I wouldn't be too happy this late into the season.

Dan the titan
17-02-15, 08:35 AM
Delayne is an awesome player,watched alot of him when my son played with him at Coomababah SHS.Not good for the other halves because he will find his way in to the 20s.Feel for the kids that have trained so hard with pre season but that is the nature of the game these days!

titanfan2015
19-02-15, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone, new to forum. Just wondering if anyone has any information on this weekends trial at Rockhampton, is it still on & if so do we know who is playing?

Hail Sezer
19-02-15, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone, new to forum. Just wondering if anyone has any information on this weekends trial at Rockhampton, is it still on & if so do we know who is playing?

G'day mate, welcome!

team should be announced soon.

From what I've heard though, the team is pretty much what you'd expect...few smokies in the centres with an injury to Huddo and Torpy also ruled out with injury. Pack is as expected.

RenegadeGC
19-02-15, 12:39 PM
G'day mate, welcome!

team should be announced soon.

From what I've heard though, the team is pretty much what you'd expect...few smokies in the centres with an injury to Huddo and Torpy also ruled out with injury. Pack is as expected.

Trial for both NRL and NYC is on as long as they can make it up there. Heard Henry on the radio this morning

RenegadeGC
20-02-15, 10:59 AM
20s are now playing Townsville Blackhawks QCup side tomorrow night in Townsville

charged2go
20-02-15, 11:32 AM
NYC Side for trial vs Townsville Blackhawks QLD Cup (6.30pm) is

1. Brian Kelly
2. Zac Spring
3. Jed Cartwright
4. Christian Meka
5. Rory Humphreys
6. Karl Lawton
7. Daniel Schwass
8. James Iodice
9. Deacon Fletcher
10. O'shae Tuisau
11. Anthony Colman
12. Shane Wright
13. Parahi Wilson
14. Sam Grant
15. Nathan Watts
16. Josh Berkers
17. Hayden Schwass
18. Cade Maloney
19. Ethan Page

Injuries have ruled out Max Elliot (Shoulder, should be fit for rd 1), Brayden Torpy (Concussion, will be fit for rd 1) and Shaun Hudson (Miniscus, should be fit for rd 1).

RenegadeGC
20-02-15, 01:03 PM
Wow tough game for the 20s be a good indication of where they are at though.

charged2go
20-02-15, 01:34 PM
the capras teams are not going to townsville.

Hail Sezer
20-02-15, 02:28 PM
20's playing in Townsville at 6:30 tomorrow night v Blackhawks

Hail Sezer
21-02-15, 07:39 PM
Trial update:

Schwass scores early, converted. We lead 6-0

RenegadeGC
21-02-15, 07:45 PM
Trial update:

Schwass scores early, converted. We lead 6-0

Yewwww well done Schwwasy. Let's go 20s. He's one kid that's a great ambassador for not only the Titans but also Rugby League.

On a side not I'm following Blackhawk twitter updates now lol

Hail Sezer
21-02-15, 07:46 PM
Blackhawks score through Costigan

6 all

lonegull
21-02-15, 07:49 PM
Keep them updates coming, well done Schwassy

RenegadeGC
21-02-15, 08:07 PM
Blackhawks score 10-6 with 14mins to go before halftime

- - - Updated - - -

Blackhawks in again. 14-6 with 10 minutes to go before half

- - - Updated - - -

Try for Blackhawks just before half time. 20-6 they lead Titan 20s.

Hail Sezer
21-02-15, 08:11 PM
honestly thats not a bad scoreline considering the strength of the Blackhawks team

RenegadeGC
21-02-15, 08:12 PM
24-6 Townsville leads at halftime. Big ask for the boys against a quality opposition

RenegadeGC
21-02-15, 08:39 PM
Blackhawks in just after halftime with Glen Hall scoring.. 30-6 Townsville lead, sounds like Cowboys dropped a few back to Cup this week for game time

TITAN PETE
21-02-15, 08:43 PM
2 good hit outs for the boys against much bigger & older opposition, at least we'll have one team to cheer home this season

Hail Sezer
21-02-15, 08:47 PM
Blackhawks in just after halftime with Glen Hall scoring.. 30-6 Townsville lead, sounds like Cowboys dropped a few back to Cup this week for game time

They've got Hall, Costigan, Feldt and Humble all playing

Not to mention Jahrome Hughes and Johnathon Reuben

Deacon just scored for us too btw

Hail Sezer
21-02-15, 09:03 PM
Jed Cartwright scores

34-16

Really good effort if we can hold on to that scoreline for the next minute

RenegadeGC
22-02-15, 09:33 AM
Fantastic effort from our 20s in terms of the quality opponent they were up against. Hopefully this will give our boys the confidence leading into week 1.

On a side note, in spite of all the dramas that have happened. These boys need all the support we can give them. A good bunch of kids who are great ambassadors for not only the club but rugby league in general.

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 09:42 AM
Hearing 20s went very well. Boys are happy and confident going in to the season

Dan the titan
22-02-15, 06:09 PM
Well done to our Nyc Squad awesome stuff especially with all the stuff that's going on with in the club.Let all of the guys in this group develop and push for the next level and get rid of the guys in our nrl squad that have been named in the scandal! ! Give The guys in the 20s and the guys playing for contracts a go , , they may not be experienced at Nrl level but how can they be if they ain't given a fair crack!! Well done again to our staff and players of our Nyc squad! !

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 10:45 PM
Who do you guys think from MM cup will feature in U20's at some time this year?

Keanu Dawson is the obvious one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ethan Paikea (i know he's only 17 but he is unreal), Ethan Roberts and perhaps an outside back like GL or Caleb Williams have a run either

RenegadeGC
22-02-15, 10:48 PM
Who do you guys think from MM cup will feature in U20's at some time this year?

Keanu Dawson is the obvious one, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Ethan Paikea (i know he's only 17 but he is unreal), Ethan Roberts and perhaps an outside back like GL or Caleb Williams have a run either

I think Ethan Roberts may be out for the season, but agree with Keanu and GL. Tyrone Davis Roberts performed well in trials. I guess team list this week for MM will give us a better indication.

TITAN PETE
22-02-15, 10:59 PM
Pretty sure Keanu Dawson has a date with the judiciary after an indescretion in the last trial match

Ethan Paikea is off limits he is number one forward #Redbacks , he is struggling to over come a knee injury atm & is only a rough chance of playing in next Saturdays round 1 match

Woolfy isn't one for rushing a player that's too young so I'm sure he'll get a shot at the 20's next season

Dan the titan
25-02-15, 09:38 AM
Hey Titan Crius,do you think the side will change much to the team that went upto t/ville?and who may come into the side..

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 09:43 AM
This is what I'm guessing the side will be for Rd 1 v Tigers:

1. Kelly
2. Spring
3. Cartwright
4. Hudson
5. Humphreys
6. Torpy
7. Schwass
8. Tuiasau
9. Fletcher
10. Iodice
11. Coleman
12. Wright
13. Wilson

14. Watts
15. Schwass
16. Berkers/Maloney
17. Lawton

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 11:55 AM
I spoke to Dan last night & asked about Cartwright, he said he was excellent in the centres making plenty of meters on his opposing much older opposition so i'll back Dan's assessment & have him in the centres for round 1 with Schwassy the obvious choice for Skipper

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 11:59 AM
I spoke to Dan last night & asked about Cartwright, he said he was excellent in the centres making plenty of meters on his opposing much older opposition so i'll back Dan's assessment & have him in the centres for round 1 with Schwassy the obvious choice for Skipper

I've heard the same from him mate...apparently Carty has really stepped up and the extra weight he has put on seems to be going to good use. 6'4 is a big frame to fill out but he's doing a good job of it.

Schwassy would be my captain too even though his max bench press is an embarrassing 40kg

RenegadeGC
25-02-15, 12:07 PM
I've heard the same from him mate...apparently Carty has really stepped up and the extra weight he has put on seems to be going to good use. 6'4 is a big frame to fill out but he's doing a good job of it.

Schwassy would be my captain too even though his max bench press is an embarrassing 40kg

lol lol @ schwassy bench press max. thats terrible for someone who is meant to be a personal trainer ;)

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 12:29 PM

He bluffs his way through weight training easier than others because he has a Stunt Double he can use :eyebrows:

charged2go
25-02-15, 04:37 PM
He bluffs his way through weight training easier than others because he has a Stunt Double he can use :eyebrows:

rumour has it that dan schwass is actually benching more than his "stunt double"

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 07:47 PM
rumour has it that dan schwass is actually benching more than his "stunt double"

Seriously I think they have charged the wrong players if that's the case :laugh:

Dan the titan
25-02-15, 10:35 PM
Good Team and probably very close to team selected, but just my team would be same except for:
Meka for Cartwright
D. Schwass & Grant in halves
H. Schwass or Berkers in for Wright (good player but he has not played a 20s game yet and others imo have better trial form - but Coach will prob pick Wright)
Interchange:
Torpy in for Watts
Wright/berkers/H.Schwass/Clarke (cant decide)
Maloney
Lawton

- - - Updated - - -

Also Schwass & Coleman for co-capt, as Schwass good talker and will be playmaker - good player but needs to go to line more and he will create havoc as his size will attract defenders and with runners on good lines = trys. Coleman just impresses me and leads by example/actions & has great experience & from watching trials, other players respect him (Huddo will also be good leader in team)

Cheers Titan C I think HS team named would be close and I think Woolfy would go with 2 props a Utility and a pivot,hooker/5-8/half just cant name who would fill the positions having only watched the TWEED trial.

Hail Sezer
28-02-15, 10:41 AM
GL in action in last weeks trial

http://www.smpimages.com/media.details.php?mediaID=234923

Daniel Schwass tensing for the photo

http://www.smpimages.com/media.details.php?mediaID=234943

titanfan2015
03-03-15, 01:05 PM
Keen to see what the team for Saturday will be, any predictions......

lonegull
03-03-15, 07:56 PM
Lawton at five eight is a funny selection after seeing him play last year it would be the last position u think he could play

RenegadeGC
03-03-15, 08:44 PM
12 out of the 20 have graduated from the previous years MM and CC Cup. Good to see that they are looking local :)

Very surprised Schwassy missed out.

lonegull
03-03-15, 08:46 PM
Delayne Ashby interesting selection on the bench

Hail Sezer
03-03-15, 09:11 PM
Not sure how i feel about some selections in key positions and I see some changes coming early on.

Still wish the team the best of luck, we've got some real strikepower there and I hope that our halves know how to use it

RenegadeGC
03-03-15, 09:46 PM
That is great that 12 of our juniors have gone through to NYC, who are the 12? thanks

Sorry 11. Spring, Cartwright, Hudson, Tuiasau, Iodice, Coleman, Berkers, Elliot, Wright, Schwass, Schwass. All played MM Cup for Gold Coast in the last two years.

charged2go
03-03-15, 10:10 PM
Parahi Wilson and Shaun Hudson to co-captain the side...

TITAN PETE
03-03-15, 10:39 PM
Delayne Ashby interesting selection on the bench

Strange selection & more importantly keep him away from the bar

Dan the titan
04-03-15, 07:27 AM
Well few changes Rory has got to be injured, but to say Delayne Ashby is a strange selection I don't get.Like I posted earlier he will make his way into the squad, earlier than I thought but he covers the pivotal bench spot. Wish I was home too support you boys best of luck to theTEAM this weekend. GO TITANS!!

RenegadeGC
04-03-15, 07:51 AM
Well few changes Rory has got to be injured, but to say Delayne Ashby is a strange selection I don't get.Like I posted earlier he will make his way into the squad, earlier than I thought but he covers the pivotal bench spot. Wish I was home too support you boys best of luck to theTEAM this weekend. GO TITANS!!

Rory was named in the Burleigh Fogs 20's side

Hail Sezer
04-03-15, 07:58 AM
Rory is not injured - coaches just opted for Mika instead. Surprise selection IMO

lonegull
07-03-15, 02:36 PM
What time is kick off today for the NYC today against the Tigers?

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 02:40 PM
What time is kick off today for the NYC today against the Tigers?

3:45pm

titan 2015
07-03-15, 05:19 PM
Good Luck to the boys today I only hope we as fans are only supportive of the boys win or lose with our comments as I am sure they read this forum as well and demoralizing comments can be crippling.

lonegull
07-03-15, 05:25 PM
10 nil Titans 7 minutes out from halftime Hudson and Cartwright try scorers

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 06:05 PM
Titans score in right corner. Assuming Spring or Huddo

14-0 KTC

- - - Updated - - -

Mika scores, 18-0 KTC

Conversion good, 20-0

- - - Updated - - -

Tigers score and convert, 20-6

- - - Updated - - -

Tigs in again

20-10 KTC

- - - Updated - - -

Kelly scores, 24-10 KTC

- - - Updated - - -

Kelly scores again

28-10 KTC

Hail Sezer
07-03-15, 06:20 PM
Wright scores, Huddo converts

34-16

Congrats boys, sensational effort

lonegull
07-03-15, 06:22 PM
Great start by the Titans promising signs ahead

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 06:24 PM
Well done 20s boys! Great way to start the year.

Show and Go
08-03-15, 07:42 AM
I don't know much about the 20's. Do we have any gun backs that might be ready this season? We need a fullback centre or winger.

TITAN PETE
08-03-15, 09:41 AM
I don't know much about the 20's. Do we have any gun backs that might be ready this season? We need a fullback centre or winger.

Shaun Hudson centre/winger is the closest to being given a shot but I wouldn't think he'll be called up for a start anytime soon

Show and Go
08-03-15, 02:19 PM
Shaun Hudson centre/winger is the closest to being given a shot but I wouldn't think he'll be called up for a start anytime soon

Not really up to it or just a gut feel on the way Neil Henry operates? I don't think Don. Gordon or Zillman are worth holding a gun kid back but Neil may have other ideas.

RenegadeGC
08-03-15, 02:25 PM
I don't think they will rush any of the 20s majority are still eligible next year as well which is pleasing. And none are playing QCup yet which is usually and indicator that they are prepping them for first grade

Hail Sezer
08-03-15, 04:45 PM
Huge effort by our 20s to beat the Tigers yesterday. Look forward to our televised clash next week v the Panthers

Titanic
08-03-15, 07:39 PM
Great start and high hopes for a better showing this year.

K2G
08-03-15, 07:45 PM
Huge effort by our 20s to beat the Tigers yesterday. Look forward to our televised clash next week v the Panthers

Good looking out HS :thumbsup:

Saturday 14th 2pm Foxsports 1... for those interested in setting IQ to record it now! Keen.

RenegadeGC
08-03-15, 09:08 PM
What's happened with Jenan Parrish? Seems like a fall from grace. He looks like he's 4th in the pecking order for halves behind -
Deacon Fletcher
Delaney Ashby
Jordy Scott.

Hail Sezer
10-03-15, 09:41 PM
Good to see same squad selected, except for Haydon Schwass in starting team for injured Josh Berkers, with Wright off bench. I see a far more settled Coach this year, for ea week last year he was changing team around (some was due to injury, but some was not)
This is a Good Team and congrats to Haydon Schwass for being selected, must have performed well for Burleigh on weekend in their big Colts Win, but bad luck to Berkers for ankle injury - that is grade footy
Great that it is Fox Sports 20s TV game on Saturday, will be very hard game v good Panthers team (always good) but so is our young Titans, where we have some very good experienced players.

NYC Squad Vs Penrith Panthers
1 Brian Kelly
2 Zac Spring
3 Jed Cartwright
4 Shaun Hudson
5 Christian Mika
6 Karl Lawton
7 Brayden Torpy
8 Oshae Tuiasau
9 Deacon Fletcher
10 James Iodice
11 Anthony Colman
12 Hayden Schwass
13 Parahi Wilson

14 Delayne Ashby
15 Nathan Watts
16 Max Elliott
17 Shane Wright
18 Shane Gillham

ps: can anyone give me background on Shane Gillham, thanks (mdrew?)

Gillham is from souths logan:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4z5jNHwPdqU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hail Sezer
11-03-15, 09:15 PM
Parahi Wilson out, Gillham in to 17

lonegull
14-03-15, 12:03 PM
Titans NYC just about to kick of on Foxsports get tuned in

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 12:32 PM
We're looking 10x better than last year. Brian Kelly is our most impressive so far IMO

Errors are killing us, We're more than competitive and have every chance to win this

lonegull
14-03-15, 12:34 PM
The difference this year from last years NYC is phenomenal, wow I can't get over how good and improved these kids are

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta agree HS kelly is absolute carving them up, we should have scored a few more
But forcing that last pass and silly little mistakes costing us

lonegull
14-03-15, 12:49 PM
Gee this Torpy is impressive at halfback

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 12:53 PM
Good first half except we really need to be patient and cut down the error rate. Our completion % would be horrible

Looking cohesive and potent in attack. Torpy has been good and Brian Kelly has been impressive. Losing huddo is a big loss for us from an attacking perspective though

NYCDB
14-03-15, 01:37 PM
Awesome second half by the Titans

lonegull
14-03-15, 01:44 PM
WOW what a second half by the Titans blew the panthers of the park, we have one competitive side this year they have been really impressive

- - - Updated - - -

28 points in 24 minutes

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 01:48 PM
Congrats to our U20's on beating a very highly regarded Panthers team. Great second half effort and we've got some real talent out there for sure..hopefully they can continue this form next week against a very strong Knights u20's side, will be a good test

Boonarga
14-03-15, 01:50 PM
That second half was great. We have some VERY good juniors.

Titanic
14-03-15, 01:59 PM
great to hear, final score please? with point scorers if poss :)

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 02:43 PM
great to hear, final score please? with point scorers if poss :)

36-24 I think

Scorers were carty x2, Lawton x2, watts x2, spring

TitansFan92
14-03-15, 03:28 PM
great to hear. Well done to the under 20's boy. Did a great job in the second half. Our senior blokes could take a few pointers from them.

Hail Sezer
14-03-15, 08:26 PM
For anyone who missed the match:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IRbcGE2zhrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TITAN PETE
14-03-15, 10:08 PM
Great win , nice to have one side to cheer home

Numbers
15-03-15, 02:06 PM
This - the good form showed by the NYC team to start the season - is potentially the real story for the Titans this year (along with the DCE signing of course!).

The first grade team was always highly likely to struggle this year. The core of this year's first grade squad were part of a team that won only 3 out of the last 16 games last year, and it's arguable that all the wins had an element of luck to them - we played Souths before a SoO game, so no Inglis, etc.; we played the Knights on the Rise for Alex round when a few of their players crumbled under the weight of expectations; and the Bulldogs put the cue in the rack after leading 18-nil at halftime. Our off-season signings were modest and then we had the Cocaine Five.

However, given the NYC team has finished in the bottom 3 for the last 4 seasons, if these couple of wins are the portents of a good season for the team and, more importantly, an indicator the club is finally getting something right at the junior level - this will be the great take away from this season.

Show and Go
15-03-15, 03:18 PM
The fullback Kelly looks outstanding. He is only 18 but heck he has to be better than Zillman so lets give him a go.

Hail Sezer
15-03-15, 03:46 PM
The fullback Kelly looks outstanding. He is only 18 but heck he has to be better than Zillman so lets give him a go.

He's a gun mate, still another year in U20's too. Expect to see him training with NRL in the off-season. Very skilled and his positioning play is A+

lonegull
15-03-15, 04:01 PM
He's a gun mate, still another year in U20's too. Expect to see him training with NRL in the off-season. Very skilled and his positioning play is A+

HS that was what impressed me yesterday his positional play for a young bloke is second to none, really impressive just seems to bob up all the time In the right place

Show and Go
15-03-15, 05:44 PM

Yeah I was very impressed. The Titans always seem to have impressive young kids coming through but never seem to develop them. This season is going to be tough so I would advocate playing some of these young blokes soon.

Hail Sezer
17-03-15, 09:55 PM
Glad to see Hayden hold his spot, thought he was superb v Penrith

Hail Sezer
19-03-15, 06:38 AM
New 20's video

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=9va3YxdDqUSYU33Phv9TY9HeDDmHQ45e"></script>

shamus
19-03-15, 08:30 AM
I thought I might have a look at the NYC table on the Titans site to check F/A etc.. :nope:

I had to slip over the the NRL site :doh:

Dan the titan
23-03-15, 07:48 AM
Thanks TC for the update was on twitter getting updates but just doesn't do it for me, good on you boys and best of luck for next week's game.Just a little article im reading is that our recruitment is chasing a few young forwards out of the Broncos? Why not develop our own this gives me the ****s!!!

Titanic
23-03-15, 02:34 PM
Getting done by kicks but winning the tries is always a bitter pill ... better luck next week.

Hail Sezer
24-03-15, 09:21 PM
Highlights from loss v Knights

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=lscW01dDooTrezsl7MO8fNFZDfTmm0Yh&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

DIEHARD
28-03-15, 03:06 PM
UNDER 20S CHANGES: Rory Humphreys onto the wing, Christian Mika to centre to cover for injured Shaun Hudson. Prop James Iodice out injured (shoulder), Max Elliott off the bench to start. Sam Swift comes onto the bench.
Team is: Kelly, Spring, Cartwright, Mika, Humphreys, Lawton, Torpy, Tuiasau, Fletcher, Elliott, Colman, Schwass, Wilson (capt). Interchange: Ashby, Maloney, Wright, Swi

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 03:10 PM
Maloney debuting.

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 03:57 PM
U20's v Sharks:

10' Lawton Scores, Carty converts

10-0

- - - Updated - - -

Sharks streaming game live:

http://www.sharks.com.au/sharkstv.html

- - - Updated - - -

We're under the pump a bit and giving away some penalties which are killing us. Have been defending for the past 10 minutes, really need some calmness out there to get back to our structures. Really soft tries from the Sharks.

sharks currently leading 12-6

- - - Updated - - -

Lawton got in space down the left, eventually we got a repeat set and look to have scored in the corner however it was ruled a forward pass. Our attack is crisp..just need possession and we'll put points on.

- - - Updated - - -

Built good pressure but an error has cost us the ball 5m out. Sharks now working it out from their own try line

- - - Updated - - -

sharks score another soft try off the back of another penalty from us. we're handing them this game

- - - Updated - - -

Halftime. Woolfy won't be happy.

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 04:13 PM
We're really not on our game today..

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 04:30 PM
Sharks 24-6

Hail Sezer
28-03-15, 04:47 PM
We're making a late surge but another error has handed possession over

Score is 30-12

Dan the titan
30-03-15, 09:09 AM
A day out at the cricket and a few too many coldies im not well today,after watching the boys this morning on the streaming HS put up I really think Daniel Scwhass needs to come into the side.I really liked Lawto around the ruck areas thats where he seemed to be troubling them,surely Jenan has got to come into contention as well.Is there any word on when Tevita Folau and if he has been playing?Im also hearing through a close friend that after watching this kid for the 1st few rounds they say has been a standout prop that he is on the verge of leaving mid season thats what they have heard.Anyway unlucky to the boys all the best against the Donkeys this week!!!!

charged2go
30-03-15, 11:48 AM
A day out at the cricket and a few too many coldies im not well today,after watching the boys this morning on the streaming HS put up I really think Daniel Scwhass needs to come into the side.I really liked Lawto around the ruck areas thats where he seemed to be troubling them,surely Jenan has got to come into contention as well.Is there any word on when Tevita Folau and if he has been playing?Im also hearing through a close friend that after watching this kid for the 1st few rounds they say has been a standout prop that he is on the verge of leaving mid season thats what they have heard.Anyway unlucky to the boys all the best against the Donkeys this week!!!!

Tevita has been playing for tweed and has been playing well... was in contention for selection for the rd 4 game against the sharks, however woolfe went with humphreys on the wing and mika to slot into centres... from all reports tevita has been playing well and seeminlgy injury free. However against the bears on saturday he only played 10 minutes before copping a heavy head knock and being taken from the field. Bears ran out winners in that game 42-10, it was a scrappy start to the game and to the end with the bears struggling to hold possession of the ball. however managed to pull some sets together and got some nice tries on the edge through swift backline plays with schwass and grant linking up

RenegadeGC
30-03-15, 12:11 PM
I think Folau played for Tweed Fogs 20s in the weekend. I think there will be plenty of pressure on the current 17 to perform especially with Burleigh killing it in the 20s. However with that being said I don't think we need to make wholesale changes after one loss and let the team build combinations etc.

charged2go
30-03-15, 03:46 PM
I think Folau played for Tweed Fogs 20s in the weekend. I think there will be plenty of pressure on the current 17 to perform especially with Burleigh killing it in the 20s. However with that being said I don't think we need to make wholesale changes after one loss and let the team build combinations etc.

He did play on the weekend but was only for about 10 minutes as he copped a head knock and hit the showers early

TITAN PETE
30-03-15, 04:32 PM
He did play on the weekend but was only for about 10 minutes as he copped a head knock and hit the showers early

Probably copped a high shot from one of the halves

Hail Sezer
30-03-15, 09:20 PM
Blake Lenehan and Brent Woolf done deals apparently.

Cheers mdrew for that one

Sorry this will be for NYC 2016

RenegadeGC
30-03-15, 09:42 PM
Blake Lenehan and Brent Woolf done deals apparently.

Cheers mdrew for that one

Sorry this will be for NYC 2016

Wow surprised Brent Woolf signed considering he's still at Broncs and has another year to go in MM

TITAN PETE
30-03-15, 10:01 PM
Wow surprised Brent Woolf signed considering he's still at Broncs and has another year to go in MM

Writing was on the wall when his uncle left the Donkeys & his Father being the current 20's coach & the fact he left a fully paid scholarship with St Peters where the Broncos had sent him the previous year to lay Union & now he's at Palm Beach High..

The kid is a serious talent & will play NRL

BigRed88
30-03-15, 10:05 PM
Whos this prop Mate?

charged2go
01-04-15, 08:17 PM
2015Titans_NYCTeamAnnouncement_620_R5-v2
Under-20s coach Ben Woolf has had further injury introduction with in-form back-rower Jayden (Should be Hayden) Schwass out of the clash with the Broncos because of a badly and gashed broken nose. (Did he get that late in the game v Sharkies?)
His place in the starting line-up is taken by Shane Wright.
However co-captain Shaun Hudson returns to the centres. James Iodice is still out with a shoulder injury, so Max Elliott again starts. Harrison Hughes and Josh Berkers have been added to an extended bench.

NYC Squad Vs Brisbane Broncos
1 Brian Kelly
2 Zac Spring
3 Jed Cartwright
4 Shaun Hudson
5 Rory Humphreys
6 Karl Lawton
7 Brayden Torpy
8 Oshae Tuiasau
9 Deacon Fletcher
10 Max Elliott
11 Anthony Colman
12 Shane Wright
13 Parahi Wilson

14 Delayne Ashby
15 Cade Maloney
16 Harrison Hughes
17 Jackson Clarke
18 Josh Berkers
19 Sam Swift

Bad luck for Hayden Schwass, both himself & Coleman have been great in the 2nd Row & Coleman has also had to play right Centre due to injury during game for past 3 games, a class act this kid.
Good to see Hughes, Clarke back in squad (bring experience to our team) but we do miss Watts, has been very good in early games.
Also Huddo back and that is great.

Lets Go Titans, Lets get those Broncos :)

Watts is still out with rib cartilage injury. was interesting to see 50% of this squad pull out of fitness due to "injury" on Tuesday night and still be fit to play. I am shocked swift was only given one game to prove himself however is still young and will play good footy at burleigh. Josh Berkers will not play, even if required as his ankle was still playing up last night at training. therefore if 18th man is required swift will get another chance. Hopefully the boys can get a win agains the donkeys

Boonarga
03-04-15, 08:09 PM
For 25 minutes the lads were excellent. Starved of the ball but the defence was great. That effort must have worn them out. Too little ball and some poor decisions in attack early in the second half, including one that saw 3 unmarked players ignored while the ball carrier tried to step the defence.
Still, far better than previous years.

TITAN PETE
04-04-15, 07:26 AM
The on line Defence was woeful with some of the weakest tries I've seen in a long time & it's time for a change before this season is gone , Lawton is a very good dummy half but he's not a 5/8 , Hayden Schwass needs to come back to plug up the holes on the right edge & his brother Dan needs to come & give the team better direction & add some spark..

charged2go
04-04-15, 08:11 AM
From the sheds.

The boys werent happy at all with their performance and know that it was well below par... Some players are questioning their position in the team after last night and let me tell ya. While some players joked around after the chat, most players were very disappointed in not only their performance but also the teams performance and are pretty confident there will be changes for next weeks clash against parramatta. Hayden Schwass will be back from his nose gash next week and hoefully Josh Berkers will also make his return after an ankle injury in round 1.

Dan the titan
04-04-15, 08:18 AM
Agree Pete, I wasn't up there at the game but talking to my brother last night he reckons they needed a cool head to give them better direction.I too think it's still a lot of games left to play so changes definitely need to come . Apparently our middles are going well but the team as a whole dropped to much ball.C2g thanks for that mate.

Titanic
04-04-15, 01:37 PM
They've just got to keep punching away … they are a long way better than last year's effort so onwards and upwards.

Hail Sezer
06-04-15, 07:10 AM
Huddo & Woolfy with their thoughts on the game.

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=N3M3didDrpHqWLK8RN7mUEtSkgUAlQr-"></script>

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=V2eHZidDqz8DYJQVlBjLUN8b3-wEgvOW&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

RenegadeGC
06-04-15, 07:19 AM
Huddo very well spoken and talks with confidence which is great to see. You see many young players interviewed and they stumble and mumble their way through

mdrew
06-04-15, 09:24 AM
Do not e surprised to see Mitch Doring come into the squad at some point, he is from NSW country and has been killing it for Burleigh Colts, including scoring a hat trick a few weeks ago, and another yesterday. He played his junior football at half but has made a successful transition to fullback. Also Brett Stratton has been great defensively at centre, he will not be out of place when he gets his NYC chance. Ethan Page is averaging over a try a game for Ipswich Colts, so we have a few options if Woolf needs them. All three mentioned are NYC eligible next year as well.

Dan the titan
06-04-15, 09:57 AM
Mdrew I have been waiting for someone to mention Mitch, I really think he is a very good player. I know him well and after hearing all thr talk about the halves he would do this team wonders given a chance. Titan C apparently our middle interchanges were terrible or are we in need of changes in our middles all together. The Boys give any team enough ball let alone the Broncos they will lose everytime, if you know anywhere we can find the Nyc player stats we will probably see how well the boys are going. Good to get feedback as I was told our right edge was poor and our starting middles were good so for someone who aint at the games the feedback is awesome. Good luck this week boys!!!

Hail Sezer
06-04-15, 10:18 AM
Yeah the 20's boys who have played with Mitch have huge wraps on him. One even said he's the best fullback he's ever played with. Guy has benefitted from the switch to fullback and Newcastle have noticed..

RenegadeGC
06-04-15, 12:25 PM
I seen Mitch play a couple weeks ago when he got the hat trick and agree can play.

We have a plethora of full backs coming through - Kelly, Doring, GL. The competition will be tight.

Dan the titan
07-04-15, 05:17 PM
In-form second-rower Hayden Schwass will return from injury for the Titans under-20s clash with Parramatta Eels at Pirtek Stadium this Saturday.

Like NRL coach Neil Henry, Ben Woolf will go without a specialist hooker on the bench after elevating Delayne Ashby in place of Deacon Fletcher who has been dropped. However, five-eighth Karl Lawton or Daniel Schwass, Hayden’s twin brother who comes into the side, can cover the position.

Woolf has picked a 19-man squad with injury doubts over Nathan Watts (ribs) and Josh Berkers (ankle).

The team is:

NYC Squad Vs Parramatta Eels

Brian Kelly

Zac Spring

Jed Cartwright

Shaun Hudson (capt)

Rory Humphreys

Karl Lawton

Brayden Torpy

Oshae Tuiasau

Delayne Ashby

Max Elliott

Anthony Colman

Hayden Schwass

Parahi Wilson (capt)

Daniel Schwass

Shane Wright

Nathan Watts (ribs)

Josh Berkers (ankle)

Shane Gillham

Ethan Page

Good to see Daniel Swchass come into the side as well as a few new interchange forwards.Good luck boys!!

Hail Sezer
07-04-15, 09:35 PM
Rapt to see Daniel in there. Well deserved.

Game is televised so be sure to tune in

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome that Titans post this on their website

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=Y3M3BkdDoNVQybo3OO3CaZbqFdbzOhHy&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

TITAN PETE
07-04-15, 10:03 PM
Rapt to see Daniel in there. Well deserved.

Game is televised so be sure to tune in

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome that Titans post this on their website

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=Y3M3BkdDoNVQybo3OO3CaZbqFdbzOhHy&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

About Fa#king time, now leave him there

Hail Sezer
07-04-15, 10:12 PM
About Fa#king time, now leave him there

Watch how much more structured and composed the team plays with him in the halves.

Parra have some class wit Bevo at fullback and Davis in the halves. If we are clever we will watch how the tigers took them both out of the game

Hail Sezer
08-04-15, 10:14 PM
Colman out of match this weekend with injury. Will see Berkers or Wright come in to starting lineup

Big loss - Colman is a superb player

In sad news, James Iodice has retired through injury. James was a talented front rower and I'd like to extend our thanks as supporters for his services to the club.

lonegull
09-04-15, 06:58 AM
In sad news, James Iodice has retired through injury. Unfortunate, James was a talented front rower and I'd like to extend our thanks as supporters for his services to the club.

I am shocked at this news, James was our best forward in the early rounds cant believe it.

TITAN PETE
09-04-15, 08:35 AM
I am shocked at this news, James was our best forward in the early rounds cant believe it.

Ditto for me too , I was looking forward to seeing him get a shot at 1st grade next season, what was the injury ?

Hail Sezer
09-04-15, 10:46 AM
Thanks HS for your updates, that is 2 big losses, for I was hoping James Iodice was back this week from his shoulder injury.
That is sad news for a very good player in James Iodice and yes he was one of our best forwards in early games and a very good up & coming front rower for our club. I dont know the facts but I hope its is only for this year, does he have to have an operation and that may just put him out this year?
Yes HS, a big Thank You to James Iodice.

Sorry I have always spelt Colman with an 'e' and HS is it true that he injured his knee in the training session on Thursday before last Fridays game (& played 80 minutes & defence as usual outstanding - guts effort) Also heard rumour that several players were sore from Thursdays strange session where plenty of hard contact instead of just Captains Run? HS any word on that
Our Team did look flat in 2nd half

I'm not sure about the details of Colman's injury unfortunately mate, same goes for the Thursday training. I'll follow up.

The team had an opposed training run vs NRL side last night. Fly to Sydney tomorrow night instead of the day trip.

Also, here are the highlights from Burleigh's big win over the Dolphins in the weekend (Colts). Daniel Schwass on show, along with Sam Grant, Brent Stratton, Jenan and a whole host of other Titan's contracted players.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZlvVdU5XGNE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DIEHARD
11-04-15, 01:48 AM
<script height="523px" width="930px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=pwa2NmdDrsZ7nha5Z5rXNzOMoSz4IgO4&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>
Titans Under-20s coach Ben Woolf talks to Titans TV about Saturday's clash against the Eels and the boys performance last Friday night from their clash with the Broncos.

lonegull
11-04-15, 11:01 AM
6-0 Titans after 8 minutes a very composed start

- - - Updated - - -

Parra go back to back 8-6 need to stop the big eels forwards tearing up the middle of the ruck

lonegull
11-04-15, 11:54 AM
28-14 Titans with 20 to go

RenegadeGC
11-04-15, 12:10 PM
8mins to go Titans lead 40-14 massive second half by the boys

Titan4Life
11-04-15, 12:16 PM
Wish more NYC games were televised so I could see the U20s boys play more. Thought Berkers had a few strong carries for us and Karl Lawton played awesome today as well. Also, no doubts that Huddo will once day soon break into the NRL side.

RenegadeGC
11-04-15, 12:20 PM
Final score 40-22. Parra with a couple late consolation tries. Congrats to Woolfy and the boys. Yewww

lonegull
11-04-15, 12:27 PM
Great game by the Titans boys kept grindin away and tired the big Parra boys out, Lawton was good and Schwass on the right side was great, Berkers strong of the bench, I thought the rotation of Schwass Lawton and ashby worked well with great attack against a tiring parra side

Hail Sezer
11-04-15, 02:40 PM
Congratulations to the boys! Had a game of footy myself so missed it but i've got it recorded so i'll watch it later. Hearing good things so very happy. Well done 20's.

TITAN PETE
11-04-15, 03:48 PM
Excellent win just a shame about the last 4 minutes

Titanic
11-04-15, 08:10 PM
Great stuff … you can't win 'em all but when you do win 'em they're fantastic.

RenegadeGC
12-04-15, 08:57 PM
I'm interested to see when Woofy and Henry will promote some of the 20s into QCup. Start to get them battle hardened for first grade. I see a lot of other NRL sides doing it ad of late. To me it makes good sense to get these guys ready for the big time.

Huddo for me would be one.

Hail Sezer
12-04-15, 09:02 PM
I'm interested to see when Woofy and Henry will promote some of the 20s into QCup. Start to get them battle hardened for first grade. I see a lot of other NRL sides doing it ad of late. To me it makes good sense to get these guys ready for the big time.

Huddo for me would be one.

Huddo was superb vs Eels. Outplayed Nathan Davis by a long shot

RenegadeGC
12-04-15, 09:10 PM
I think players from MM that deserve to come up to 20s would be Sam Elliott, Tyrone Davis Roberts, GL and maybe even Jai Whitbread even though he still has another year in MM

Hail Sezer
12-04-15, 09:28 PM
I think players from MM that deserve to come up to 20s would be Sam Elliott, Tyrone Davis Roberts, GL and maybe even Jai Whitbread even though he still has another year in MM

Agree with above although I've seen limited coverage. Can't help but think that Williams would have gone close too if he had got a full season under his belt. Was on fire in the early rounds

RenegadeGC
13-04-15, 09:37 AM
Couldn't agree more Crius.. haha and I wasn't meaning those 4 MM players come straight into side. I should have re-wordered better and said should come up into the training squad ;)

Majority or the Sydney clubs and Warriors have their best or better players who are into the final year of 20s playing NSW Cup. Parra had Docker Clay play in the weekend for their NSW Cup. Warriors do it with a majority of their players. Be interesting to see over the coming weeks. It's all positive though :)

- - - Updated - - -

I watched Burleigh dominate easts in Fogs 20s yesterday. Deacon Fletcher played. No Swifty not sure if he was rested. That Burleigh side is light years ahead of any other 20s side and the pleasing thing is most are contracted to Titans :) GL, Dawson, Veve, are all Burleigh registered as well. So be interesting to see if they float between 19s and Fogs

Hail Sezer
14-04-15, 09:19 PM
Jenan Parish also on extended bench due to Torpy having calf injury.

GL named in centres for Burleigh colts this weekend

mdrew
15-04-15, 07:27 PM
Liam Pakau named in the centres for Ipswich colts, good to see some MM boys coming through to Colts. Both GL and Liam are still eligible for MM next year as well I believe.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 04:55 PM
Iodice has to retire from game
Thu 16th April, 01:52PM

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/04/16/iodice_has_to_retire/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1429157128451.jpg

Promising under-20s prop James Iodice admits he was shattered when told by a specialist he recommended he not just give away rugby league but play no more contact sport.

The burly front-rower, who turned 20 in January, had little choice but to retire from the game but says he feels fortunate to have achieved what he has and he plans to attend all the Titans’ games this season and retain an active interest in his mates’ season.

The Montreal-born James attained his real estate licence, with assistance from the NRL under the National Youth Competition’s education assistance program, and is now looking for employment in the industry on the Gold Coast so he can pursue his other great interest.

His shoulder kept relocating both forward and backwards since the round one clash against Wests Tigers

“The surgeon basically said I should consider not playing anymore as I could suffer permanent damage and was likely to keep popping out,” he said.

“I was shattered obviously. I didn’t know what to feel and the realisation didn’t hit until the team was picked the next week and I wasn’t in it, but I’ve accepted it now.”

Iodice has had a terrible run with injury in the past four years: a knee reconstruction and two shoulder reconstructions and my media ligament in the knee too, so it has been tough at times.”

However, he had the opportunity to last year represent his native Canada in a rugby sevens tournament at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow and to play several times at Cbus Super Stadium.

“Rugby league has made me who I am and I wouldn’t take back a minute even with the injuries,” he said. “I have really enjoyed what I have done. I wished it could have lasted but I’m satisfied with what I achieved in my short career.”

Titans NYC coach Ben Woolf said the whole squad felt for James who was a popular member of the side but he understood it was the right decision for him to make.

“James is a big loss to our squad,” said Woolf. “He’s had a terrible run with injury but kept his enthusiasm but the shoulder kept popping and James had to make a tough decision, which we support.

“Other than being a talented footballer he’s quality young bloke and he’ll apply himself to whatever he does. He wants to pursue a career in real estate and it’s good he already did his training there so hopefully he will pick up a job soon and get his teeth into that. We’re helping him where we can.

“I really wish him well.”

SOURCE: http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/04/16/iodice_has_to_retire.html

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 05:33 PM
Colman out of match this weekend with injury. Will see Berkers or Wright come in to starting lineup

Big loss - Colman is a superb player

In sad news, James Iodice has retired through injury. James was a talented front rower and I'd like to extend our thanks as supporters for his services to the club.

Posted the sad news last week and it's just gone up on LOT Instagram too. All the best for the future James

lonegull
16-04-15, 06:00 PM
Terrible news he was going great guns this year seemed to be a real leader, a real shame

NYCDB
17-04-15, 03:48 PM
Shame. I really thought he was a chance for Qld U20s this season. All the best James.

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 04:06 PM
Few whispers around that Karl Lawton has signed an NRL contract with us

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 09:50 PM
Under 20's highlights from our match vs the Eels

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=d5ODBrdDrQmBNasy-p5i-rA8lzs4LwZt"></script>

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 09:52 PM
Any idea if this game is televised HS?

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 10:07 PM
Any idea if this game is televised HS?

Yeah man sure is, 12:30 tomorrow bro be sure to tune in.

Game the following week should be televised too. And the week after that.

Hopefully the lads can string some wins together.

But get this - the U20s will be playing at 9:40am NZT against the Warriors next weekend. Thats after arriving on a plane at 4:30pm NZT the evening beforehand. Needless to say the club isn't impressed with the scheduling as the team will be playing at what would be 7:30am Aus time. Such a disadvantage. Boys will be knackered. That'll be like a 4am AUT wakeup for them..