PDA

View Full Version : Titans NYC 2015

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Hail Sezer
08-07-15, 07:16 PM
Knew the commentators mail was off. They also thought he was Albert Kelly's little brother..facepalm.

Brian was superb. Great finisher. All our boys went well though

mdrew
08-07-15, 07:24 PM
Good news all round!

Hail Sezer
09-07-15, 06:12 AM
Commentators could be on the money, heard there's a few guys not happy. Would hate to lose our young talent

Unwarranted speculation isn't welcomed thanks mate

RenegadeGC
09-07-15, 10:18 AM
Commentators could be on the money, heard there's a few guys not happy. Would hate to lose our young talent

And what would the players be unhappy at??

There is no doubt that the boys try hard week in and week out and their level of commitment and attitude to turn up each week to play is unquestionable. Many a game they could role over and let the points be racked up but they stick it out.

To me, we struggle due to a shear lack of size and physicality. We are not a big side, especially in the forwards. But signs are bright in terms of players stepping up. GL, TRD and Kelly in the backs all have bright futures along with Josh and David Fauid. I will be interested to see where we recruit in terms of forwards and size. Keanu Dawson gone, Jonah Haas is aggressive and big but lacks discipline, Sam Elliot is another player in similar mold of player we have now, Sam Swift is not the biggest of lads, but a great ball player. We need a couple players built like Sipley or Asofa-Solomona etc.

Titanic
09-07-15, 10:32 AM
Is TF2015 a reincarnation of TF92? Don't be such a sook ... HS is also entitled to his opinion.

lonegull
09-07-15, 10:36 AM
Agree renegadeGC it has been an issue for years with the titans we always seem a lot smaller especially in the forwards and teams seem to roll over us we just need a few big boppers on the production line, but don't get me wrong our guys although smaller always give 110% commitment and that's what wins them games there attitude and work for each other

RenegadeGC
09-07-15, 11:09 AM
Have to reply to this.... Think you missed my point. Never said they don't give anything but 110%. Just saying there is going to be a few signing elsewhere next year.......

Oh I wasn't reply to that, was just my thoughts in general in terms of size and physicality etc. And each to their own in terms of opinions etc.

I'm not to phased if players look else where, rugby league is a business and players need to look after them selves. Im pretty sure our recruitment will have the players we want to keep locked up.

If others go then so be it, lol no skin off my nose. To be blunt I would be happy to see a few go :)

Titanic
09-07-15, 01:58 PM
Yes he is certainly entitled to his opinion but apparently my opinion is unwelcome that's why I'm leaving not cause I'm a sook, just over the whole forum thing anyway
Mate, I'm the Forum cynic and resident old fart so everyone takes shots at me but strangely enough it's the obtuse opinions that keep the communtiy alive ... man-up and keep 'em at it.

On topic, if we don't have a view towards keeping every possible player that we can then we become ... Parra-bloody-matta.

And I totally agree that we need size. Is it too much of a stretch that we kick the fugging Tigpies out of Keebra and keep ours.? Or is possible that Rohan Smith, or HS for that matter, start raiding the stocks of North Island high schools? Why don't we identify the better Kiwi nurseries and do a Tigpies on them?

RenegadeGC
09-07-15, 02:48 PM
On topic, if we don't have a view towards keeping every possible player that we can then we become ... Parra-bloody-matta.

I should have reworded correctly.. lol not necessarily get rid of all the players, but having the ability to retain the top end players from the SEQ and Northern NSW region. I believe we are making inroads in to NZ, with a number of players having signed with us. Some big bobbas would do nicely lol. From what I have heard there may also be someone in NZ now working on behalf of the Titans to set up an academy of some sort as well.

As for Tigers, they blanket cover a lot of kids from NZ. Give them part scholarships with the hope of getting 3 or 4 good ones out of about 40. This is good for them, but not for the kids themselves. Most come over thinking that they have made the big time because they get offered a scholarship to Benji Marshalls school Keebra. Not only do the kids think this but so do the parents. Welfare and care of the players isn't big on their list and you wonder why there is so depression amongst young kiwi and polynesian players. The kids and parents need to be educated on the realities of football. 2% will go on and play topside. 8% will make NYC.

Im all for getting and signing kids from NZ. But not uprooting and bringing them over when they 14-15 etc. I think we(Titans) are doing a better job at this than most. Bostyn for example moves over this year at age of 17 (they should be some what more mature and able to handle being away from friends and family).

:)

Titanic
09-07-15, 07:29 PM
Sure RGC, I get all of that ... I brought PNG players down during my coaching days and understand the issues that need to be addressed, however, with careful selection, honest negotiations and due diligence on player maintenance all of those issues can be solved. I make this point because we don't need a flood of such talent, just a shoring-up of our own resources.

RenegadeGC
09-07-15, 09:06 PM
Sure RGC, I get all of that ... I brought PNG players down during my coaching days and understand the issues that need to be addressed, however, with careful selection, honest negotiations and due diligence on player maintenance all of those issues can be solved. I make this point because we don't need a flood of such talent, just a shoring-up of our own resources.

haha mate you seem well qualified and maybe what the Titans need in terms of nuturing and development of players. You get my vote as the next NYC coach ;)

Titanic
10-07-15, 12:17 AM
Lmao … thanks mate but I'm destined to long evenings crying over our stumbling bumbling performances watching them on satellite.

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 08:05 AM
Get to Pizzey Park today home of the Bears if you are on the Coast to watch our 20's take on the Eagles where it will be Bloody cold with a howling wind but just means I will need a stubby cooler so my hand doesn't freeze :thumbsup:

Burleigh play Redcliffe in the following match & the Unbeaten Colts play n the 1st match of the day

i Love Sunday Footy

RenegadeGC
12-07-15, 10:15 AM
Get to Pizzey Park today home of the Bears if you are on the Coast to watch our 20's take on the Eagles where it will be Bloody cold with a howling wind but just means I will need a stubby cooler so my hand doesn't freeze :thumbsup:

Burleigh play Redcliffe in the following match & the Unbeaten Colts play n the 1st match of the day

i Love Sunday Footy

Will be there.. mind you I'm just going for the first two games ;) lol lol. Great the the NYC is playing after Burleigh Fogs 20s. Kill two birds with one stone

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 01:01 PM
Great match in the Colts Burliegh hanging on 30-28 after being down 22-6 in the 2nd half

Big game from a giant center in Lachlan Roe also good game from Fletcher

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 01:19 PM
12 min gone Eagles have had most of the pill & a penalty count of 3-0 Manly 6-0

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 01:36 PM
Sensational hands from Kelly to score in the corner 6-6

- - - Updated - - -

Hayden Schwass goes in out wide for a 10-6 lead with 5 to go

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 01:49 PM
Halftime 10-6

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 02:23 PM
Can't hold the ball in the 2nd half & Manlys own Konrad Hurrell scores out wide 12-10 Manly
26 min to go

- - - Updated - - -

Dan Schwass cuts them open & puts his brother over for no2 16-12

- - - Updated - - -

Dan picks up a loose ball & gives it to Hudson to score under the Sticks 22-12 12 to go

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 02:41 PM
Konrad (Dimitreo) scores again 22-18 two min to go

- - - Updated - - -

Grandstand finish with Titans hanging on 22-18
Huge games from both Schwass boys & Hudson who was man of the match for me

Hail Sezer
12-07-15, 03:21 PM
Well done boys, huge effort. was at work but caught updates.

That Addison Demetriou is an animal

mdrew
12-07-15, 03:47 PM
Good to se Anthony Coleman back for tweed scoring a double as well

RenegadeGC
12-07-15, 04:05 PM
Watched the 20s game today both Burleigh and NYC. Burleigh did well to fight back from such a deficit and also missing a lot of players.

As for the NYC game, lol where do i start. Good to get the win, but was a very very poor standard of footy. Simple errors and loose carries from both sides. At times it seemed like it was a battle of who wanted to lose the most.

Injuries to Kelly and GL... lol Konrad (aka Manly Addison) is an animal scored 3 tries, ran over huddo for his last try, previous one he ran over the whole right edge.

Very lucky to get away with the win, lol the ref had a major blunder, and lucky for us by disallowing the last try to Manly which would have tied the game.

Ahhh well onwards and upwards I guess and 2 points is 2 points. Boys looked happy to walk away with the win. Fingers crossed GL and Kelly injuries aren't to serious.

On another side note, be interesting to see the make up of our 20s for next year. Only ones I can think of off the top of my head who are playing and eligible are TRD, Kelly, Wright, Pelo and GL.

mdrew
12-07-15, 04:58 PM
Nathan Watts should also be there again next year, he was very good early before getting hurt, Ethan Page is another who is currently injured who should be back, Jed Cartwright also, and a number of very talented MM boys from this year will be coming through such as Ethan Roberts, Josh Fauid, Jerome Veve etc.

Forgot the best of the lot being Max Elliot, he will be there next year, as will his equally talented young brother as well as Brett Stratton

DIEHARD
12-07-15, 05:43 PM
Second underdog victory by U20s
http://www.titans.com.au/
By Neil Cadigan

The Gold Training Titans under-20s have secured a second top-five team scalp in successive rounds by beating fifth-placed Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 22-18 at Pizzey Park this afternoon.

But they had to withstand a nervous finish to the match, with what appeared a score-squaring Manly try controversially disallowed with 40 seconds remaining, after a converted Eagles’ try two minutes earlier had ensured a nervous finish.

Manly right left centre Addison Demetriou, who was their danger man, crossed for his second try with three minutes remaining with saw the score go from 22-12 to 22-18.

Then it was right centre Jesse Ramien who got to the line as full-time approached and reached for the line with his left arm as he hit the ground but the referee ruled double movement.

Yet it was a well-deserved victory by the Titans who were the better side for much of the match with the Schwass twin brothers, who have played so often at Pizzey Park with Burleigh Bears’ Colts side, prominent.

Hayden Schwass scored a double, the second when he latched onto a dummy-and-run from Daniel on the right edge to bring the Titans from 12-10 behind to 16-12 ahead 12 minutes into the second half.

Five-eighth Daniel was the creator, eight minutes later, of what became the match-sealing play when he grabbed a Manly fumble out of the air 20 metres from his own line and hared downfield. As the cover closed he held up a ball for left centre Josh Berkers, who also had a strong game, and he ran a further 40 metres to score.

“It was a telepathic thing, I just knew where he was and he’d be there in support,” Daniel smiled when talking about the Schwass-sticking play that led to the try by Hayden, whose big play from the kick-off against the Roosters led to a breathtaking victory in Gosford a fortnight earlier.

“After the previous couple of weeks when I got away and was run down I thought I’d try to hold it up for Josh and luckily he was in support and had the pace to get away,” he said of the second try.

Daniel Schwass has gathered in confidence and stature within the side in the past few weeks after coming into the five-eighth position held earlier by Karl Lawton while Hayden has consistently been one of the Titans’ best all season.

Manly had a glut of possession for the first half hour on the back of a string of penalties but some committed punishing defence held them to just one try, in the 17th minute, which gave Manly a 6-0 lead.

The Titans hit back with a try to left winger Brian Kelly, his fifth try in five days after scoring four for NSW under-20s Origin side on Wednesday night, in the 27th minute. He picked up a pass that bounced on his toes 15 metres out and stepped his winger to score a neat try in the left corner which was converted by Shaun Hudson.

Hayden Schwass gave the Titans the lead in the 33rd minute when he twisted over in a two-man tackle after a good offload close to the line from Rory Humphreys who attacked strongly all game.

Many took the lead through the powerful Demetriou 12 minutes into the second half but the Daniel Schwass-created efforts in the last 20 minutes proved the difference.

“It was a type of game where for a while it looked like neither side wanted to take the game and win it but in the last 20 minutes we showed how much we wanted it and it was a great reward for the consistent effort of these guys,” said coach Ben Woolf.

“Hayden was really good again and his two tries were important.

“It was great to beat another tip five side. We know we can beat any team. Penrith have only been beaten three times this year and we were one of those who knocked them over and we were in the game for a long while the second time we played them but ran out of troops.

“We’ve rarely not been in a match to the end and I’m proud of the way the guys have stuck at it. If just a couple of things went our way in some close games or we didn’t have the injury problems we had in some matches we could have been in the top eight but we’re not and we just have to keep plugging away like we are and climb the ladder.”

Gold Training Titans 22 (H. Schwass 2, B. Kelly, J. Berkers tries; S. Hudson 3 goals) beat Sea Eagles 18 (A. Demetriou 2, Pearsall tries; Pratt 3 goals) at Pizzey Park.

Mexican titan
12-07-15, 07:35 PM
Probably a dumb question and I apologise if it's already been asked, but why was the under 20's today and not played tomorrow night.

Titan4Life
12-07-15, 07:38 PM
Probably a dumb question and I apologise if it's already been asked, but why was the under 20's today and not played tomorrow night.

Not sure if this is right but I'm pretty sure they don't play any 20s on Mondays due to the players working etc but that's only my guess.

TITAN PETE
12-07-15, 07:56 PM
B

Not sure if this is right but I'm pretty sure they don't play any 20s on Mondays due to the players working etc but that's only my guess.

It is exactly that mate , the 20's almost never stay overnight except for NZ so they are able to go to work the following day

Mexican titan
12-07-15, 07:58 PM
OK thanks guys. I see the NYC scores on Fox during the usual Monday night footy but I guess this is probably just when NSW teams play each other. A shame though as I gather there will be nothing on tomorrow night before the NRL match then.

charged2go
13-07-15, 09:40 AM
Hey Guys, i know i've been a bit MIA as of late, but did see the game yesterday, it was a very low quality of game with a lot of dropped ball, however there was patches of some great footy played by our NYC boys. As most of you will know by looking at the team lists week in that it is not our top 20s team due to injury (cartwright, watts, colman, spring) and Lawton playing QLD Cup. However the team that is playing works for me. It seems there is a lot of connection between the players playing that they would do anything for each other, and it's showing in the results. 8 close matches which have now turned into 2 straight wins. Big task travelling to Newcastle this week, hopefully the boys don't have to travel on the day as that seems to be a big downfall in their performance. Talking to burleigh Qcup coach after their depressing performance and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our NYC squad playing in the QLD Cup in the coming weeks which will open doors for injured guys to get back into the side i would assume.

Titanic
13-07-15, 10:20 AM
A shame though as I gather there will be nothing on tomorrow night before the NRL match then.
You're kidding MT, aren't you? There will be at least a couple of hours of the pre-game culmination of the DCE Hate-a-thon ... get there early and don't forget to bring your bucket of $h!t to throw ... oh yeah, that's right, you're one of the 0.00001% who love the backflipping, turdcoat :) just saying.

RenegadeGC
13-07-15, 11:35 AM
Hey Guys, i know i've been a bit MIA as of late, but did see the game yesterday, it was a very low quality of game with a lot of dropped ball, however there was patches of some great footy played by our NYC boys. As most of you will know by looking at the team lists week in that it is not our top 20s team due to injury (cartwright, watts, colman, spring) and Lawton playing QLD Cup. However the team that is playing works for me. It seems there is a lot of connection between the players playing that they would do anything for each other, and it's showing in the results. 8 close matches which have now turned into 2 straight wins. Big task travelling to Newcastle this week, hopefully the boys don't have to travel on the day as that seems to be a big downfall in their performance. Talking to burleigh Qcup coach after their depressing performance and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few of our NYC squad playing in the QLD Cup in the coming weeks which will open doors for injured guys to get back into the side i would assume.

Also it looked as though GL and Kelly were carrying injuries. So maybe a few doors opening there as well

I really feel for NYC teams and having to travel on days they play. It is tough. The NRL talks about duty of care and welfare of its players. But is making teams play on the same day as traveling and leaving at 7am to get to games, to me this is not the best of welfare if you ask me.

charged2go
13-07-15, 10:05 PM
Also it looked as though GL and Kelly were carrying injuries. So maybe a few doors opening there as well

I really feel for NYC teams and having to travel on days they play. It is tough. The NRL talks about duty of care and welfare of its players. But is making teams play on the same day as traveling and leaving at 7am to get to games, to me this is not the best of welfare if you ask me.

From what i have been told Brian Kelly re aggravated the injury that occurred against the Tigers in round 13, not sure on the seriousness of it though, and GL has a minor AC Joint injury. may miss this weeks game from what i have been told. And also agree with duty of care for teams that have to play on the same day as they travel.

charged2go
14-07-15, 09:30 PM
Our Gold Training under-20s coach Ben Woolf will again stick with the same side that has won the past two matches when the Titans go to Hunter Stadium on Saturday for the clash with Newcastle Knights.

There is an injury doubt on winger Greg Lelesiuao and he will be monitored and a decision made after Thursday’s training session. The good news is that Zac Spring returned from a long term injury for Tweed Heads on the weekend and is a handy standby player.

Anthony Colman also returned from a knee injury and gives Woolf some good depth after the squad has been ravaged by injury for much of this season.

After beating fourth-placed Sydney Roosters and fifth-placed Manly Sea Eagles in successive games, this is another tough challenge for the Titans.

The Knights, who pipped the Titans by a point in round three after we lost four players with injury after leading 10-0, are in ninth position and desperate for victory.

The Gold Training NYC team is:

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Greg Lelesiuao

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

9 – Delayne Ashby

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

13 - Parahi Wilson (capt)

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Daymeric Pelo

16 – Rhys Duke

17 – Chris Law

As thought side goes unchanged. GL is in a lot of doubt. In a sling waiting on scans... If that is the case I am excited to see the return of Zac Spring. Tough task against a side that beat them by 1 point in Round 3. Hopefully the boys can keep their season alive and keep the streak alive.

Sam Swift (Titans NYC contracted 19) will make his QLD Cup Debut for Burleigh Bears against Mackay on Saturday as a starting second rower, along with Jenan Wedderburn Parrish (interchange hooker 19) and Talor Walters (starting at fullback 19) also... Great rewards for guys who have been playing really good consistent footy all year for not only the FOGS 20s but also Local A Grade at burleigh. Good luck to all 3 of them.

Bayside Titan
14-07-15, 09:50 PM
Hi all. Just a question as I'm starting sit up and take notice of the under 20 boys and note that a few are getting a run in the QCup. Just wondering if Daniel Schwass could be a 5/8 option for 2016 in The Titans NRL side. Just seems like he could be right for it ???

Hail Sezer
14-07-15, 09:53 PM
Hi all. Just a question as I'm starting sit up and take notice of the under 20 boys and note that a few are getting a run in the QCup. Just wondering if Daniel Schwass could be a 5/8 option for 2016 in The Titans NRL side. Just seems like he could be right for it ???

I rate him as our top half in 20's and think that he could fill that void in the NRL side well. He played Qcup when he was 18 and would be playing it now if Woolfy allowed it.

Plays well beyond his years and shines when he has effective tools (players) to use around him. The early ball he could give Jimmy Roberts would be unreal.

Bayside Titan
14-07-15, 10:31 PM
I rate him as our top half in 20's and think that he could fill that void in the NRL side well. He played Qcup when he was 18 and would be playing it now if Woolfy allowed it.

Plays well beyond his years and shines when he has effective tools (players) to use around him. The early ball he could give Jimmy Roberts would be unreal.

Thanks mate. Has he trained with the NRL side at all?

lonegull
15-07-15, 07:09 AM
I totally agree about Dan Schwass, he has great vision and had a very crisp pass on him plus kicking game and is a big bodied 5/8th for his age and will only get bigger with age

RenegadeGC
15-07-15, 07:58 AM

Is this his last year in 20's? Also i wonder how many of the 20's who are in their last year have been offered fulltime contacts... Lawton is the only one currently that springs to mine as Hudson is off contract this year.

Hail Sezer
15-07-15, 08:05 AM
Thanks mate. Has he trained with the NRL side at all?

Not yet but if he maintains his current form he could be on his way to a contract for next year - with us or someone else. His brother Hayden too, who I think will get player of the year for us.

mdrew
15-07-15, 08:35 AM
Dan Schwass certainly has the potential and size to be a half in the NRL, the question is for who, hopefully the Titans. Agree with HS he is capable of playing QCup now. Of all the half’s in the NYC set up he is clearly the best in my opinion

Not yet but if he maintains his current form he could be on his way to a contract for next year - with us or someone else. His brother Hayden too, who I think will get player of the year for us.

RenegadeGC
15-07-15, 08:46 AM
Dan Schwass certainly has the potential and size to be a half in the NRL, the question is for who, hopefully the Titans. Agree with HS he is capable of playing QCup now. Of all the half’s in the NYC set up he is clearly the best in my opinion

Is it easy to tell the twins apart and would it be easy to mix them up? My point being people thinking Daniel is big yet are getting him mixed up for Hayden who is the backrower. Or are they about the same size?

Hail Sezer
15-07-15, 09:01 AM
Is it easy to tell the twins apart and would it be easy to mix them up? My point being people thinking Daniel is big yet are getting him mixed up for Hayden who is the backrower. Or are they about the same size?

Hayden is bigger/stronger/better looking but Daniel would be the biggest half in the u20's comp

mdrew
15-07-15, 09:02 AM
No I am not mixing them up

RenegadeGC
15-07-15, 09:08 AM
No I am not mixing them up

Sorry mate, didnt mean you were mixing them up. Was just a general question in regards is it easy to tell them apart and do people mix them up. No offence intended to your post :)

charged2go
15-07-15, 01:25 PM
Sorry mate, didnt mean you were mixing them up. Was just a general question in regards is it easy to tell them apart and do people mix them up. No offence intended to your post :)

They do have similar builds, however look at the numbers on their backs and its not too hard to tell apart ;).

Hail Sezer
15-07-15, 04:18 PM
Will be good to see Karl back in side but still think it's not our strongest side, why aren't Spring & Coleman back. Can't see how they don't get there spots back now they are fit. The Titans web page says Woolfe sticking with winning side, shouldn't we be fielding strongest side. I understand they have won the last two games but seriously if we want to keep winning field best side.

Gee Titanfan2015, when you said you were going, I didn't know you meant to return under a different username? Or should I say..TitanBear, TitanCrius...

You've literally made 4 accounts to try and create a new identity yet you come on here with the exact same post content every time. The IP check nailed ya in the end but you ain't fooling anyone.

Revert back to using ONE of these accounts permanently, or consider yourself banned.

Titanic
15-07-15, 06:02 PM
Hey HS, I created 16 accounts all under the name of Titanic, can I get banned too? :)

As for the duplicity of using multi-usernames, what's that? Get a life.

TITAN PETE
15-07-15, 08:29 PM
Hey HS, I created 16 accounts all under the name of Titanic, can I get banned too? :)

As for the duplicity of using multi-usernames, what's that? Get a life.

So he can comment on his own posts & tell himself how awesome he is :banana:

Titanic
15-07-15, 08:47 PM
So he can comment on his own posts & tell himself how awesome he is
I always wanted to create one called Titan Uranus (one of the original mythological Titans) and brother of Loosen ... oh yeah.

charged2go
15-07-15, 10:04 PM
Zac Spring will replace injured GL (minor ACL), Delayne Ashby dropped to make way for Karl Lawton. Injury cloud of Tuisau but expected to play

GCTTSD
17-07-15, 08:39 PM
Will this weeks game be on fox sports? If so what time is it on

Hail Sezer
17-07-15, 08:41 PM
Will this weeks game be on fox sports? If so what time is it on

Unfortunately not televised, but game is on at 3:15 i believe

Titan4Life
18-07-15, 03:14 PM
Zac Spring and Karl Lawton IN. Final Team:

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 - Josh Berkers

18 – Zac Spring

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

21 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Daymeric Pelo

16 – Rhys Duke

17 – Chris Law

Hail Sezer
18-07-15, 03:15 PM
Zac Spring and Karl Lawton IN. Final Team:

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 - Josh Berkers

18 – Zac Spring

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

21 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Daymeric Pelo

16 – Rhys Duke

17 – Chris Law

Yeah brada C2G all over it a few posts back

Hopefully we can put together our 3rd consecutive win, we should have beaten them last time really

Titan4Life
18-07-15, 03:16 PM
Yeah brada C2G all over it a few posts back

Hopefully we can put together our 3rd consecutive win, we should have beaten them last time really

Sorry didn't see it mate. Wish the game was televised though. I enjoy watching the 20's play.

Hail Sezer
18-07-15, 03:22 PM
Spring in, 3rd min

4-0 KTC

- - - Updated - - -

Hudson converts, 6-0

RenegadeGC
18-07-15, 04:55 PM
38-10 to Newcastle with 8 minutes to go... Winger (Uta) has scored 5 tries.

- - - Updated - - -

Knights 38 (T: Uta 5, Smith, Kelly; G: Lamb 4/6, Donovan 1/1) defeat Titans 10 (T: Spring, Kelly; G: Hudson 1/2).

Hail Sezer
18-07-15, 04:56 PM
5 tries! Had to 1 up Kelly on his 4 in 20's origin didn't he..

charged2go
19-07-15, 12:05 PM
tough day at the office for the boys yesterday. Cold, windy and raining however no excuse. End of the day they were lucky to keep the result to 38-10, gave a much bigger knights side too much ball and they rolled up the middle of the field at will. Brian Kelly, not his best game but will learn from that. Spring a welcome return as he played solid. Left edge which has been defensively strong the last couple of weeks seemed like something was missing which resulted in the number of tries posted down that edge. Hopefully the boys can regroup and take on the Broncos at Suncorp on Friday. Hopefully see the return of Watts? Colman?

RenegadeGC
19-07-15, 08:59 PM
tough day at the office for the boys yesterday. Cold, windy and raining however no excuse. End of the day they were lucky to keep the result to 38-10, gave a much bigger knights side too much ball and they rolled up the middle of the field at will. Brian Kelly, not his best game but will learn from that. Spring a welcome return as he played solid. Left edge which has been defensively strong the last couple of weeks seemed like something was missing which resulted in the number of tries posted down that edge. Hopefully the boys can regroup and take on the Broncos at Suncorp on Friday. Hopefully see the return of Watts? Colman?

Did you go down to the game C2C??

I guess a disappointing result for the boys after two good weeks with wins.. Another big ask this week against a high flying Donks outfit.

charged2go
20-07-15, 09:54 PM
Did you go down to the game C2C??

I guess a disappointing result for the boys after two good weeks with wins.. Another big ask this week against a high flying Donks outfit.

I didn't go down but got the report off one of the boys that played... Will definitely be a tough ask agains the broncos this week but hopefully our boys show up with the right attitude and play like they did rd 16 and 18 and come away with a win. that'll be a massive confidence booster i believe

mdrew
21-07-15, 02:15 PM
Good to see Anthony Coleman back

charged2go
21-07-15, 09:22 PM
Rhys Duke did not train tonight and is likely to be rested for this weekends game due to a niggling ankle injury (not 100% confirmed as of yet), however it is highly likely. Anthony Colman will come from 18th man to take his spot on the bench if this is the case.

charged2go
24-07-15, 12:20 PM
Anthony Colman will make his way onto the bench in place of injured Rhys Duke (ankle)

isaiah
24-07-15, 06:29 PM
Titans lead 12-6

Mexican titan
24-07-15, 06:32 PM
Titans lead 12-6

And that was with no conversions. It is 28-6 now - 6 tries.

Brock O'Brien
24-07-15, 06:32 PM
They're leading 28-6 now mate

RenegadeGC
24-07-15, 06:38 PM
We lead 32-06. Not sure if Ash Taylor playing but maybe we should take that offer off the table haha

K2G
24-07-15, 06:41 PM
wtf?! this is an outrageous turn of events! stoked.

Mexican titan
24-07-15, 06:50 PM
We lead 32-06. Not sure if Ash Taylor playing but maybe we should take that offer off the table haha

Amazing score - same with 6 minutes to go. Ash Taylor is playing as he kicked the Broncs conversion.

Final 36-6. Eight tries to one.

mdrew
24-07-15, 10:15 PM
Great win boys congratulations to all. We have a good one in Brian Kelly and Dan Schwass was also good

Hail Sezer
24-07-15, 10:20 PM
Congrats boys

gotitans101_
24-07-15, 10:21 PM
grats to the 20's...perhaps you boys could have beaten our first grade team tonight lol

lonegull
24-07-15, 11:15 PM
Well done to the NYC boys great win

charged2go
25-07-15, 08:57 AM
Great effort by our boys to knock off the high flying broncos!

Hail Sezer
25-07-15, 10:33 AM
Great effort by our boys to knock off the high flying broncos!

I really would like a comprehensive review of this game because Woolfy made mention of how players got on top of their Australian representative opposites.

I genuinely believe our u20s can beat anyone. We've got the talent and this win should do wonders for their confidence.

TITAN PETE
25-07-15, 03:54 PM
I really would like a comprehensive review of this game because Woolfy made mention of how players got on top of their Australian representative opposites.

I genuinely believe our u20s can beat anyone. We've got the talent and this win should do wonders for their confidence.

I'm sure the boys are celebrating well today while also celebrating the 20th birthday of a couple pretty boys from the squad :thumbsup:
#goodluckGCTC
#stayoutoftrouble

Hail Sezer
25-07-15, 04:29 PM
I'm sure the boys are celebrating well today while also celebrating the 20th birthday of a couple pretty boys from the squad :thumbsup:
#goodluckGCTC
#stayoutoftrouble

Haha yeah they'll have fun at the races for sure, no doubt the inferior one who plays in the halves will be throwing money down the drain with his average picks

Titanic Believer
25-07-15, 04:47 PM
Any chance of replay somewhere. Following the Seniors performances perhaps there is some hope to be had in the 20s.

charged2go
26-07-15, 09:30 PM

Every player that took the field out played there opposing number by far. It was by far the best performance i have seen of a Titans NYC side. The Broncos (who have been scoring points at will) never even looked like scoring a try apart from their first try which was off the back of players slipping over and allowing Jai Arrow to cut through and score. Other than that our boys defence held solid and attacking wise was the best of the year so far... At half time I was a little nervous at 12-6, given that half time can sometimes break a teams momentum, however after the break our boys came out and completed their first 9 sets with the footy which put them in a really good position to control the game. Good to see Max Elliot get off the nudey as well, scoring his first try for the season.

mdrew
28-07-15, 03:31 PM
Highlights of the NYC sides great win against the Broncos.
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/07/28/nyc_highlights_v_bro.html

Hail Sezer
30-07-15, 05:08 PM
Gold Training under-20s centre Rory Humphreys has been chosen to play against the Eels on Monday (4.45pm kick-off) but is in doubt with a low-grade knee injury.

Fortunately Greg Lelesiuao (shoulder), who missed last Friday’s victory over the Broncos, will be given a chance to prove his fitness, so coach Ben Woolf has good cover.

The Titans take on a big unpredictable Parramatta side they beat 40-22 in round five at Parramatta but are two points above them on the ladder.

Victory for the 14th-placed Titans, who have beaten top eight teams Sydney Roosters, Manly Sea Eagles and Brisbane Broncos in the past four rounds, would go ahead of the Eels on the ladder and Cronulla if they are beaten by the Warriors.

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Zac Spring

6 – Karl Lawton

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

9 – Chris Law

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Harrison Hughes

16 – Rhys Duke

17 – Anthony Colman

18 – Daymeric Pelo

charged2go
30-07-15, 09:31 PM
Gold Training under-20s centre Rory Humphreys has been chosen to play against the Eels on Monday (4.45pm kick-off) but is in doubt with a low-grade knee injury.

Fortunately Greg Lelesiuao (shoulder), who missed last Friday’s victory over the Broncos, will be given a chance to prove his fitness, so coach Ben Woolf has good cover.

The Titans take on a big unpredictable Parramatta side they beat 40-22 in round five at Parramatta but are two points above them on the ladder.

Victory for the 14th-placed Titans, who have beaten top eight teams Sydney Roosters, Manly Sea Eagles and Brisbane Broncos in the past four rounds, would go ahead of the Eels on the ladder and Cronulla if they are beaten by the Warriors.

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Zac Spring

6 – Karl Lawton

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

9 – Chris Law

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Harrison Hughes

16 – Rhys Duke

17 – Anthony Colman

18 – Daymeric Pelo

Why was Daniel Schwass not chosen?

Hail Sezer
30-07-15, 09:36 PM
Why was Daniel Schwass not chosen?

Apparently he needs gametime for Burleigh colts to be eligible for their finals run, so will play a few mins for them earlier in the weekend.

He will and i repeat will play for our 20's on Monday night. Expect Hughes to drop out, with law going to bench and lawto to hooker.

lonegull
30-07-15, 09:42 PM
I thought it was a miss print that schwass wasn't named

TITAN PETE
31-07-15, 10:13 AM
I thought it was a miss print that schwass wasn't named

Tactics, lead the opposition into a false sense & the fact there's no way he would make Burleighs Colts team they are Red Hot :thumbsup:

lonegull
31-07-15, 10:20 AM
Tactics, lead the opposition into a false sense & the fact there's no way he would make Burleighs Colts team they are Red Hot :thumbsup:

LOL can't top that

charged2go
31-07-15, 06:12 PM
I heard that Burleigh Colts are a 20 + point better side with him in there. not sure how true this is...

RenegadeGC
31-07-15, 06:53 PM
I heard that Burleigh Colts are a 20 + point better side with him in there. not sure how true this is...

Still overrated... Must have been 20+ point better side when Haydens in there.. lol lol.

charged2go
02-08-15, 09:56 PM
Still overrated... Must have been 20+ point better side when Haydens in there.. lol lol.

HAHA fair fair.

Just on tomorrow nights side for our NYC game v Eels... Rory Humphreys out, GL to take the left wing with Brian Kelly pushing to right centre. The side that will play is:

1. Shaun Hudson
19. GL
2. Brian Kelly
4. Josh Berkers
5. Zac Spring
21. Daniel Schwass
7. Brayden Torpy
8. Oshae Tuisau
6. Karl Lawton
10. Max Elliot
11. Shane Wright
12. Hayden Schwass
13. Parahi Wilson

9. Chris Law
14. Shane Gillham
16. Rhys Duke
17. Anthony Colman

TITAN PETE
02-08-15, 10:47 PM
HAHA fair fair.

Just on tomorrow nights side for our NYC game v Eels... Rory Humphreys out, GL to take the left wing with Brian Kelly pushing to right centre. The side that will play is:

1. Shaun Hudson
19. GL
2. Brian Kelly
4. Josh Berkers
5. Zac Spring
21. Daniel Schwass
7. Brayden Torpy
8. Oshae Tuisau
6. Karl Lawton
10. Max Elliot
11. Shane Wright
12. Hayden Schwass
13. Parahi Wilson

9. Chris Law
14. Shane Gillham
16. Rhys Duke
17. Anthony Colman

Heard Burleigh were doing it tough until they dropped a Schwass & went on to beat Sunshine Coast so it's no surprise to see him wearing the 21

RenegadeGC
04-08-15, 11:58 AM
Any recap or info on how the game went?? Anyone there early enough to watch?

Hail Sezer
04-08-15, 12:05 PM
Any recap or info on how the game went?? Anyone there early enough to watch?

it went badly

charged2go
04-08-15, 02:14 PM
The Gold Coast Titans under-20s have missed a chance to jump ahead the Eels on the ladder, going down 35-22 in a tight encounter at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night.

The first score of the day came after a clumsy Titans penalty piggy-backed the Eels down the field after starting the set on their own 10-metre-line. Some strong carries from the Parramatta forwards created space for their playmakers, with a nice ball from five-eighth Dylan Izzard putting winger Abbas Miski over in just the fourth minute.

Just three minutes later the Eels were on the scoreboard again. A fifth tackle bomb towards Titans winger Zac Spring resulted in a mistimed jump with Miski swooping on the loose bouncing ball to waltz in under the posts and score his second try with just ten minutes gone, for the Eels to lead 10-0.

After defending for the opening phase of the game, the Titans completed a clinical set, with a neat Brayden Torpy kick into touch giving the Eels the ball on their 10-metre-line. The subsequent set resulted in a Parramatta error gifting Gold Coast the ball with halfback Brayden Torpy sending a nice ball out wide to Brian Kelly who drew in a defender before passing to Zac Spring to score in the corner and make up for his earlier error.

Each side exchanged the ball for the next ten minutes, when Eels fullback Bevan French knocked on a kick just outside his own line. The Titans looked dangerous with each carry from the ensuing set, with big forward Oshae Tuiasau crashing over the line despite the attention from three defenders to level scores at 10-10 after 20 minutes.

Eels fullback French made up for his earlier error on the stroke of half-time, diving full length to gather and score an in-goal grubber which was seemingly out of bounds. The miraculous try was converted as the half-time siren sounded, giving the Eels a 16-10 lead at the main break.

Any momentum the Eels took into half-time didn’t seem to affect the Titans, with the Gold Coast side scoring through Anthony Colman just three minutes into the second half. Some neat lead up play led to Colman splitting a gap to race in under the posts and set up an easy conversion for Torpy.

Ten minutes later, a bobbling grubber from Parramatta half Zach Dockar-Clay resulted in a crucial fumble, gifted the Eels an easy four points under the posts and a six-point lead 13 minutes into the second half.

Under-20s Maroons forward Tuiasau hit back for the Titans in a replica of his first half try, using his huge frame to bust over the line despite defenders hanging all over him to even scores at 22-all with 15 minutes left on the clock.

Not long after, Eels fullback French was again in the thick of the action, pulling off another miraculous play. The dynamic number one contesting a high ball only to catch the ricochet and pass to a teammate while lying on his back. The try gave the Eels a six-point buffer and set up an exciting finish.

Despite possession in their attacking half, the Titans were unable to mount a comeback, the Eels defence holding strong in the final stages. Eels halfback Dockar-Clay slotting a field goal with just two minutes left after the Eels had gained good field position.

A desperate Titans outfit then regathered the kick-off and got the ball down to their 10-metre line, only for an attempted grubber kick to bounce off the leg of an Eels player and land in the lap of Dockar-Clay who passed to French to score a length of the field try and cap off an impressive game.

The Titans under-20s travel to Melbourne to take on the Melbourne Storm next Sunday.

Parramatta Eels 35 (Miski 2, 2 French Gafa, Stowers, Dockar-Clay 5 goals, field goal) def. Gold Coast Titans 22 (Tuiasau 2, Colman, Spring, Torpy 3 goals)

IMO where the game was lost.

Middle and ruck defence wasnt up to recent weeks standards.
Poor execution of set plays
Completions
Uncharacteristic mistakes

and i hate to say it, but it just looked like the boys didnt wana be on the field, there were a few trying their hardest but there were a few that really let the team down.

Hudson - played well, good under the high ball. Execution in attack was a bit off.
GL - looked unfit, was lazy at crucial times which resulted in tries off grubbers and was not good under the high ball at all.
Kelly - Solid game, made a few good runs out of their own half, good catch/pass to put spring over.
Berkers - Usual standard from Berkers, didnt let anyone down with anything he did, tried his hardest
Spring - Wasnt the greatest under the high ball, but was good in attack.
Schwass- Tried hard, kicked well, but hard to put a set together off a middle that is getting bashed in the ruck. few stray passes.
Torpy - Tried hard, kicking well, had some good shape that led to Springs try
Tuisau - Solid without being outstanding.
Lawton - Looked unfit, didnt play his best game.
Gillham - Got dominated in defence, in attack was not too bad. Lacked effort at crucial times.
Wright - Ran some good lines and held his own in defence.
Schwass - Usual game, worked hard and ran some good lines, strong carries.
Wilson - Only played 20 minutes or so (dont know why) but was good whilst he was on.

Duke - Good when he came on, defended solid. Would like to see more of him in attack (playing in the middle, out of position).
Colman - Ran hard and tackled hard, (playing in the middle, out of position).
Law - Usual game, electric out of dummy hard. however had a few questionable kicks (one out on the full).
Pelo - Brought in late due to Elliot being ruled out on the day. One of his better performances.

Hail Sezer
04-08-15, 06:47 PM
The Gold Coast Titans under-20s have missed a chance to jump ahead the Eels on the ladder, going down 35-22 in a tight encounter at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night.

The first score of the day came after a clumsy Titans penalty piggy-backed the Eels down the field after starting the set on their own 10-metre-line. Some strong carries from the Parramatta forwards created space for their playmakers, with a nice ball from five-eighth Dylan Izzard putting winger Abbas Miski over in just the fourth minute.

Just three minutes later the Eels were on the scoreboard again. A fifth tackle bomb towards Titans winger Zac Spring resulted in a mistimed jump with Miski swooping on the loose bouncing ball to waltz in under the posts and score his second try with just ten minutes gone, for the Eels to lead 10-0.

After defending for the opening phase of the game, the Titans completed a clinical set, with a neat Brayden Torpy kick into touch giving the Eels the ball on their 10-metre-line. The subsequent set resulted in a Parramatta error gifting Gold Coast the ball with halfback Brayden Torpy sending a nice ball out wide to Brian Kelly who drew in a defender before passing to Zac Spring to score in the corner and make up for his earlier error.

Each side exchanged the ball for the next ten minutes, when Eels fullback Bevan French knocked on a kick just outside his own line. The Titans looked dangerous with each carry from the ensuing set, with big forward Oshae Tuiasau crashing over the line despite the attention from three defenders to level scores at 10-10 after 20 minutes.

Eels fullback French made up for his earlier error on the stroke of half-time, diving full length to gather and score an in-goal grubber which was seemingly out of bounds. The miraculous try was converted as the half-time siren sounded, giving the Eels a 16-10 lead at the main break.

Any momentum the Eels took into half-time didn’t seem to affect the Titans, with the Gold Coast side scoring through Anthony Colman just three minutes into the second half. Some neat lead up play led to Colman splitting a gap to race in under the posts and set up an easy conversion for Torpy.

Ten minutes later, a bobbling grubber from Parramatta half Zach Dockar-Clay resulted in a crucial fumble, gifted the Eels an easy four points under the posts and a six-point lead 13 minutes into the second half.

Under-20s Maroons forward Tuiasau hit back for the Titans in a replica of his first half try, using his huge frame to bust over the line despite defenders hanging all over him to even scores at 22-all with 15 minutes left on the clock.

Not long after, Eels fullback French was again in the thick of the action, pulling off another miraculous play. The dynamic number one contesting a high ball only to catch the ricochet and pass to a teammate while lying on his back. The try gave the Eels a six-point buffer and set up an exciting finish.

Despite possession in their attacking half, the Titans were unable to mount a comeback, the Eels defence holding strong in the final stages. Eels halfback Dockar-Clay slotting a field goal with just two minutes left after the Eels had gained good field position.

A desperate Titans outfit then regathered the kick-off and got the ball down to their 10-metre line, only for an attempted grubber kick to bounce off the leg of an Eels player and land in the lap of Dockar-Clay who passed to French to score a length of the field try and cap off an impressive game.

The Titans under-20s travel to Melbourne to take on the Melbourne Storm next Sunday.

Parramatta Eels 35 (Miski 2, 2 French Gafa, Stowers, Dockar-Clay 5 goals, field goal) def. Gold Coast Titans 22 (Tuiasau 2, Colman, Spring, Torpy 3 goals)

IMO where the game was lost.

Middle and ruck defence wasnt up to recent weeks standards.
Poor execution of set plays
Completions
Uncharacteristic mistakes

and i hate to say it, but it just looked like the boys didnt wana be on the field, there were a few trying their hardest but there were a few that really let the team down.

Hudson - played well, good under the high ball. Execution in attack was a bit off.
GL - looked unfit, was lazy at crucial times which resulted in tries off grubbers and was not good under the high ball at all.
Kelly - Solid game, made a few good runs out of their own half, good catch/pass to put spring over.
Berkers - Usual standard from Berkers, didnt let anyone down with anything he did, tried his hardest
Spring - Wasnt the greatest under the high ball, but was good in attack.
Schwass- Tried hard, kicked well, but hard to put a set together off a middle that is getting bashed in the ruck. few stray passes.
Torpy - Tried hard, kicking well, had some good shape that led to Springs try
Tuisau - Solid without being outstanding.
Lawton - Looked unfit, didnt play his best game.
Gillham - Got dominated in defence, in attack was not too bad. Lacked effort at crucial times.
Wright - Ran some good lines and held his own in defence.
Schwass - Usual game, worked hard and ran some good lines, strong carries.
Wilson - Only played 20 minutes or so (dont know why) but was good whilst he was on.

Duke - Good when he came on, defended solid. Would like to see more of him in attack (playing in the middle, out of position).
Colman - Ran hard and tackled hard, (playing in the middle, out of position).
Law - Usual game, electric out of dummy hard. however had a few questionable kicks (one out on the full).
Pelo - Brought in late due to Elliot being ruled out on the day. One of his better performances.

Great analysis C2G.

TITAN PETE
05-08-15, 07:05 AM
Great analysis C2G.

Except for what day the game was played :duh2:

Hail Sezer
05-08-15, 07:42 AM
Except for what day the game was played :duh2:

That was from the Titans website mate, C2G's input is the bottom section ;)

Makes it even worse of a mistake haha

RenegadeGC
05-08-15, 11:27 AM
I'm very surprised that GL has been dropped, yes he may have had a poor game, however no one is perfect. If the coaching staff are selecting the side in terms of poor performances, then we probably wouldn't be fielding a team. Some what double standards and player favoritism to me.

From what I've seen GL in his previous games has been outstanding, one of the few that causes headaches for the opposition teams. Im thankful that our 20's dont have to come up against Asofa-Solomona this weekend.

Vent over, lol frustrations are getting the better of me, we can match it and beat the top sides, yet lose to cellar dwellers. Something needs to change.

charged2go
05-08-15, 12:28 PM
I'm very surprised that GL has been dropped, yes he may have had a poor game, however no one is perfect. If the coaching staff are selecting the side in terms of poor performances, then we probably wouldn't be fielding a team. Some what double standards and player favoritism to me.

From what I've seen GL in his previous games has been outstanding, one of the few that causes headaches for the opposition teams. Im thankful that our 20's dont have to come up against Asofa-Solomona this weekend.

Vent over, lol frustrations are getting the better of me, we can match it and beat the top sides, yet lose to cellar dwellers. Something needs to change.

Totally agree Renegade, either way a quality player is going to be left out as someone needs to make way for Rory Humphreys who has been in stellar form! Who would you like to see make way for GL?

RenegadeGC
05-08-15, 01:03 PM
Totally agree Renegade, either way a quality player is going to be left out as someone needs to make way for Rory Humphreys who has been in stellar form! Who would you like to see make way for GL?

Well hahaha as an arm chair coach, i guess it all depends on what the club/side is wanting to achieve from the remainder of the 20s comp. Realistically can we make play offs? Probably not. Do we want to play safe and conservative or shake the comp up a little? Do we blood younger players who will be of age next year, meaning some of the 20 year olds that aren't re-signed go back to playing Cup, or A-Grade.

Current backline -
Huddo
Spring
Berkers
Kelly
Humphries
Schwass
Torpy

How many of those are still eligible for 20's next year? Or have been offered a NRL contract or 2nd tier contract?? Only one I know of at the moment is Kelly. Correct me if Im wrong.

So back to your question lol, GL could play a number of positions, fullback due to Huddo leaving, centre for berkers who moves back to 2nd row, or wing for Spring (safe and solid). However, to throw a spanner in the works GL has played a lot of lower grade footy in the halves. So could replace Schwass or Torpy, either or. GL can play a Milford type role, just let him run. haha anyways, who knows. Be could to see the boys shake up the comp in these last few rounds.

charged2go
05-08-15, 10:14 PM
Well hahaha as an arm chair coach, i guess it all depends on what the club/side is wanting to achieve from the remainder of the 20s comp. Realistically can we make play offs? Probably not. Do we want to play safe and conservative or shake the comp up a little? Do we blood younger players who will be of age next year, meaning some of the 20 year olds that aren't re-signed go back to playing Cup, or A-Grade.

Current backline -
Huddo
Spring
Berkers
Kelly
Humphries
Schwass
Torpy

How many of those are still eligible for 20's next year? Or have been offered a NRL contract or 2nd tier contract?? Only one I know of at the moment is Kelly. Correct me if Im wrong.

So back to your question lol, GL could play a number of positions, fullback due to Huddo leaving, centre for berkers who moves back to 2nd row, or wing for Spring (safe and solid). However, to throw a spanner in the works GL has played a lot of lower grade footy in the halves. So could replace Schwass or Torpy, either or. GL can play a Milford type role, just let him run. haha anyways, who knows. Be could to see the boys shake up the comp in these last few rounds.

Of the current backline Hudson is off to the cowboys on a 2 year deal and the rest other than kelly are not on any 2016 contracts anywhere as of yet...

As for GL i would be interested to see how he would go in the halves to be completely honest, it would be good to give him a license to run the ball whenever he wanted and he would really trouble defenders... could be a possibility if torpy or schwass get an opportunity in qld cup

charged2go
08-08-15, 11:57 AM
NYC Televised tomorrow Sunday 11.45am kick off... Fox Sports 1.

Rory Humphreys out, GL to wing and Brian Kelly to centre. Side as named otherwise.

DIEHARD
08-08-15, 07:45 PM
NYC PREVIEW: Titans v Storm

Gold Training under-20s centre Rory Humphreys will again be sidelined with a shoulder and will be replaced by 18-year-old Greg Lelesiuao in tomorrow’s clash with Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park tomorrow (11.45am kick-off).

That will be the only change to the starting line-up tomorrow with Rhys Duke dropping off the originally selected six-man bench.

The Storm will be desperate for victory, needing the two points to stay in touch with eighth-placed Wests Tigers who are two points ahead on the ladder but with a for-and-against average that Melbourne can’t match.

When Ben Woolf’s side last visited AAMI Park they were 16-0 behind inside 15 minutes but then fired home to win convincingly, with the NRL following with a 28-26 victory in a great day for the club.

“We were disappointing against the Eels last week and just started too slowly, so that’s going to be a key against the Storm – coming out with good intent,” said coach Woolf.

“Rory’s shoulder hasn’t come up and he’ll be missed; he was in good form and runs strong and direct but Greg is capable of anything, although he would have been disappointed with his game last week.”

Max Elliott has recovered from a knee injury that saw him drop out of Monday night’s loss to the Eels and he will be a welcomed addition to the pack with his aggression and high workrate.

The Gold Training under-20s team is: Hudson (capt), Lelesiuao, Kelly, Berkers, Spring, D Schwass, Torpy, Tuiasau, Lawton, Elliott, Wright, H Schwass, Wilson (capt). Interchange: Gillham, Hughes, Colman, Law.

TITAN PETE
08-08-15, 09:22 PM
Don't forget this game is live on Fox1

Bayside Titan
09-08-15, 01:06 PM
Under 20 boys playing well. The 5/8 Schwass playing well seems very mature or that not much fazes him. Bench hooker plays with plenty of energy. 30-26 to Titans after 66 minutes.

K2G
09-08-15, 01:28 PM
Credit where credit is due, I thought Torpy's kicking game was excellent today. Also put a few players into space with nice pass selection.

Hayden Schwass is our best player in 20's imo. I'd love to see him have an off-season with out top squad.

Disappointing loss today for our boys. I thought they were the better team today.

TITAN PETE
09-08-15, 02:11 PM
Our maker defense is the reason we are so inconsistent

charged2go
09-08-15, 10:08 PM
IMO it looks like we struggle to match opposition sides in the middle due to our size and because of this is makes it very difficult for Schwass/Torpy to play off the back of it against a set defensive line... take the two tries against the run of play off them and the game is ours... much improved effort since last weeks effort against the Eels.

mdrew
11-08-15, 05:21 PM
Anthony Coleman to make his Intrust Super Cup debut For Tweed this week. also good to se Jerome Veve an an extended bench and Anthony Watts back from injury

Hail Sezer
12-08-15, 04:36 PM
Daniel and Hayden Schwass will also be playing Qcup for Burleigh. Oshae might make the shift up too.

Rory and Berkers could be injured for this game as well.

TITAN PETE
13-08-15, 09:09 PM
Daniel and Hayden Schwass will also be playing Qcup for Burleigh. Oshae might make the shift up too.

Rory and Berkers could be injured for this game as well.

dropped again :surprise:

charged2go
13-08-15, 09:33 PM
dropped again :surprise:

i believe it is a promotion to play qld cup TP... with burleigh having the bye next week, expect the twin brothers to come back into the NYC side for the Raiders game next sunday... Good luck to them and also to Colman. If you are interested I believe the Bears are televised on Sunday at 1.40pm on channel 9 (qld) up against Sunshine Coast.

TITAN PETE
14-08-15, 08:59 PM
i believe it is a promotion to play qld cup TP... with burleigh having the bye next week, expect the twin brothers to come back into the NYC side for the Raiders game next sunday... Good luck to them and also to Colman. If you are interested I believe the Bears are televised on Sunday at 1.40pm on channel 9 (qld) up against Sunshine Coast.

I was actually heading out to down town Stanthorpe with the twins mum to watch the game but we decided watching on Chanel 9 should suffice :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
15-08-15, 03:19 PM
Braden Mcgrady will debut for 20's tomorrow as well

TITAN PETE
15-08-15, 07:51 PM
If anyone had a look at the Gold Coast Bulliten today there is a right up about the "19yr old Twins making their Intrust Debuts" , Dan would have to use both hands to count his games & I'm sure Haydo has played at least 3 games plus the fact they are 20 :laugh:

Re hashing an old interview #bully********s

Hail Sezer
15-08-15, 08:04 PM
If anyone had a look at the Gold Coast Bulliten today there is a right up about the "19yr old Twins making their Intrust Debuts" , Dan would have to use both hands to count his games & I'm sure Haydo has played at least 3 games plus the fact they are 20 :laugh:

Re hashing an old interview #bully********s

Haha yeah i saw that..

Daniel will play his 6th game tomorrow and played cup 2 years ago..poor research went in to that. Gave me a giggle though considering it was such a big spread with such poor research substance

I hope they both have blinders and Titans staff sit up and watch.

mdrew
15-08-15, 09:34 PM
Like they fact that the twins and Anthony Coleman are playing QCup very much deserved

mdrew
16-08-15, 03:16 PM
GL with a hat trick Titans lead by 6 with 7 minutes to go

charged2go
19-08-15, 03:02 PM
Gold Training under-20s head coach Ben Woolf will reward the team that returned to winning form against Canterbury Bulldogs at Gosford on Sunday.

However, an injury cloud hangs over halfback Braydon Torpy (hip) and if he misses the match there could be a backline reshuffle.

Winger Zac Spring (back) has not been selected but could come back into calculations if he receives a good medical report.

Daniel Schwass, who played for Burleigh Bears in the Intrust Super Cup, returns to the side (Karl Lawton started at five-eighth in Gosford) while Anthony Colman and Hayden Schwass will continue in the Queensland Cup competition.

Tyronne Roberts Davis, Braydon McGrady and Jerome Veve – who were called into the side against the Bulldogs but played well – are again included in the extended squad of 20.

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Greg Leleisiuao

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 – Brian Kelly

5 – Tyronne Roberts Davis

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 – Rhys Duke

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 – Shane Wright

16 – Josh Berkers

17 – Chris Law

18 – Jerome Veve

19 – Brayden McGrady

20 - Nathan Watts

Good to see Colman spending another week in QLD Cup.

Expect Brayden Torpy to miss this one with a hip pointer injury which would see Karl Lawton slip onto the bench... Both Schwass boys back from QLD Cup aswell.

GCTTSD
22-08-15, 10:58 PM
Is tomorrows game on fox sports?

TITAN PETE
23-08-15, 07:27 AM
Is tomorrows game on fox sports?

Yes mate Fox 1, 11.45 kick off

TITAN PETE
23-08-15, 10:24 AM
Shot clock in today's NYC clash

Sun 23rd August, 09:41AM

The ‘shot clock’, which is proposed for the NRL next season, will be trialled in today’s Holden Cup clash between the Gold Training Titans and Canberra Raiders at Cbus Super Stadium.

The rule involves a strict time period for players to restart play with a scrum or line-drop-out to avoid time wasting. There will be 35 seconds allowed form the time the referee signals scrum to when it must be packed, and 30 seconds for a goal-line drop-out.

A team that fails to restart during that period will be penalised. The countdown will be posted on the electronic scoreboard for teams to be aware of how time is progressing.

If a player is injured during the period, to avoid time-wasting he will have to be removed from the field for medical attention, or attended to in back play, while play continues.

Being a Fox Sports televised game, the captain’s call rule will also apply in this match which is usual in televised under-20s games. That gives each team the opportunity to contest a referee’s decision once per half, although each time successful you retain another call.

Titans coach Ben Woolf is looking at some positional switches in his team, with halfback Braydon Torpy out with a hip injury. Daniel Schwass will move to halfback, Karl Lawton from hooker to five-eighth and Chris Law will start as hooker.

The Titans are placed 14th after just seven wins this season but five have been against teams currently in the top eight – leaders Penrith, third-placed Brisbane (by 36-6), fourth-placed Sydney Roosters, fifth-placed Manly and eighth-placed Wests Tigers.

They will be after another scalp against the sixth-placed Raiders who are without powerful centre Brenko Lee who has been called up to the Raiders’ NSW Cup side, Mounties.

However a danger man will be lock Tevita Pangai Junior who is a powerful runner and easily leads the NYC in offloads.

Kick-off is 11.45am.

TitanSam
23-08-15, 11:38 AM
Nice!. The U-20s game is televised, Our team doesn't look too bad, our backline looks real good but we may lack the size.

TitanSam
23-08-15, 11:50 AM
3-Mins TRY G.Leleisiuao

TITAN PETE
23-08-15, 12:29 PM
Great match so far with Dan Schwass's kicking keeping the Raiders at their end of the park but the Titans defense has been awesome.

If you are at the game you should be able to hear the Raiders new fullback in Kenny Nagus yelling every call from the back of the ruck, I think he's taking over from Langer as the longest time spent on the field by a trainer :laugh:

How the hell was Lawton binned for defending himself

Halftime Titans 28-0

TITAN PETE
23-08-15, 01:31 PM
Full time 40-12 & I'd hate to see if you got beat Dan

Hail Sezer
25-08-15, 07:33 AM
For those who missed it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwgccn1cR_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the biff

TITAN PETE
25-08-15, 09:31 PM
For those who missed it

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rwgccn1cR_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

the biff

Lucky Lawton can play footy

DIEHARD
29-08-15, 02:16 PM
NYC PREVIEW: Titans v Dragons

The Gold Training Titans under-20s side, like their NRL counterparts, will have several players making their last appearance for the club at Cbus Super Stadium tomorrow and are motivated to finish with a win against the Dragons in front of their home crowd.

After beating six of the current top eight sides – Brisbane, Manly, Sydney Roosters, Canberra and Penrith – the challenge for Ben Woolf’s side is to put in those sort of performances against the lower eight sides.

They are placed 12th and the Dragons are 13th but like the Titans, the Dragons have strung a few wins together in the past two months, including some against some of the top eight.

The Titans’ for-and-against record shows their true form this season, just minus 71 which is better than six other teams. Twice this season they have been beaten by a point and by two points once, and victory in two of them would have them a point out of the eight, and may have sparked more victories.

“We can’t change that but I certainly think one of two wins during that period when we lost nine straight and had injuries could have turned our season around,” said Woolf. “Our goal is to finish the season well, although we have a tough one in the last round against the leaders North Queensland.

“We were great last week and made no errors in first half except going into touch twice when they backed themselves. But the problem is we haven’t been able to win games we should win, and that’s our challenge this week.

“Some of the 20 years old realise they’re time in the Holden Cup is coming to an end and they have to go out there and play Queensland Cup or find their way outside of 20s and that provides some extra motivation to do all we can in these last two weeks – they’re a pretty close knit side.”

Braydon Torpy returns from injury at halfback and will be partnered with Karl Lawton with the Schwass brothers, Daniel and Hayden, heading back to Burleigh Bears in the Intrust Super Cup.

Woolf will be looking for another big performance from prop Oshae Tuiasau who has been tremendous ion the past month and will join the NRL squad net year.

“Oshea has stepped up his game and he has taken it upon himself to stand up and really lead from the front with some inexperienced props doing into the side,” Woolf said.

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Greg Leleisiuao

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 – Brian Kelly

5 – Tyronne Roberts Davis

6 – Karl Lawton

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshae Tuiasua

9 – Chris Law

10 - Max Elliott

11 – Rhys Duke

12 – Josh Berkers

Interchange:

14 – Shane Wright

15 – Anthony Colman

16 – Simione Fatefahi

17 – Jerome Veve

18 – Brayden McGrady

19 – Nathan Watts

TITAN PETE
29-08-15, 03:15 PM
The most interesting part of this math may be the referee its Qld Origin heroe in Dale Shearers son Jackson Shearer, Definatly a 1st for the this level of RL

charged2go
01-09-15, 07:16 PM
What happened to the 20s on the weekend? I saw the score but wasnt there...

Hail Sezer
01-09-15, 07:22 PM
What happened to the 20s on the weekend? I saw the score but wasnt there...

got pumped :rolleyes:

charged2go
01-09-15, 08:05 PM
got pumped :rolleyes:

elaborate a little? or were you not there either HS?

Hail Sezer
01-09-15, 08:20 PM
elaborate a little? or were you not there either HS?

Wasn't there man, looking at the stats though we missed a lot of tackles through the middle and edges

GL ran for 250 metres though, with 9 tackle busts.

2 of their backrowers ran for over 200m, and the other ran for 170m. Think thats where we lost the game

mdrew
03-09-15, 02:31 PM
NYC open trials for next year on 10 October at Pizzey Park.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/09/03/nyc_open_trial.html

Bayside Titan
03-09-15, 03:46 PM
Is there a chance that we can get Jai Ingram back at all?

Hail Sezer
03-09-15, 04:28 PM
Is there a chance that we can get Jai Ingram back at all?

Mate Jai is 23

mdrew
04-09-15, 06:55 AM
Article about Jed Cartwright training with teh 1st grade squad.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/jed-cartwright-edges-towards-nrl-with-gold-coast-titans/story-fnj9yd9w-1227511852556

TITAN PETE
04-09-15, 07:34 AM
Jed Cartwright edges towards NRL with Gold Coast Titans
TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN SEPTEMBER 04, 2015 12:00AM

ANOTHER Cartwright is edging towards the NRL with Gold Coast Titans young gun Jed to step into the top squad next season.

The son of foundation *Titans coach John Cartwright will spend the pre-season training full-time with Neil Henry’s NRL squad after piling on a staggering 14kg in the past year.

The 18-year-old is tipping the scales at a whopping 101kg as he attempts to emulate his father by developing into a powerful back-rower.

The Titans rate Cartwright so highly they yesterday extended his stay at the club until at least 2017.

And the Palm Beach Cur*rumbin graduate is hoping to put the frustrations of an injury-plagued under-20s season behind him as he continues his journey to the NRL.

“Training full-time will help me put on weight and get fitter,” he said.

“It’ll be a good experience to train with some of the older boys.

“Last year I didn’t think I’d be getting a pre-season now or playing as many 20s games as I have.

“It’s (NRL) definitely getting closer.”

Cartwright made his under-20s debut in Round 1 and played 10 games before undergoing an ankle reconstruction.

He will have a minor shoulder operation later this month but is expected to hit the pre-season running.

The speedy centre has been demolishing protein shakes, eggs and tuna while recovering from surgery, which has limited him to mostly weights sessions in the gym.
“A lot,” Cartwright said when asked what he’s been eating.

“I’m eating constantly. I wanted to get to 96kg this year then be in the 100s next year.

“I want to move into the back-row eventually. It will depend if I lose much speed or what Woolfy (coach Ben Woolf) wants me to play.

“I’m not too bothered about whether I play back row or centre.

“It’ll depend how I’m carrying the weight when I’m running.”

At 195cm, Cartwright is taller than his father, who was a damaging ball runner for Penrith, NSW and Australia.

His cousin Bryce Cartwright is rated one of the NRL’s most promising young forwards and Woolf said Jed was far from a finished *product.

“He’s a good kid. The most impressive thing with him this year was how confidently he stepped into (under-20s),” he said.

Cartwright is expected to be joined in the NRL squad for the pre-season by under-20s teammates Karl Lawton, Oshae Tuiasau and Brian Kelly.

Hail Sezer
05-09-15, 06:56 PM
Congratulations to our U20's, finishing off the season with a 30-20 win over the top of the table Cowboys.

Enjoyed following the lads this year, some absolute guns and a top group of blokes. All the best with your futures boys.

Things are looking bright for the future, look for GL, TRD, Fauid, Carty and Kelly to rip up NYC next year.

TitanSam
05-09-15, 07:01 PM
Can't wait to see Fauid play next year.

lonegull
05-09-15, 10:00 PM
Congrats to the NYC team cruelled by injury and only wonder if the half a dozen games they lost by 6 or less who knows, anyway they played with a lot of heart all year and all the players should be congratulated, hopefully bigger and better things to come in 2016

mdrew
05-09-15, 10:59 PM
Agree mate they have been great, a shining light for the future

Congrats to the NYC team cruelled by injury and only wonder if the half a dozen games they lost by 6 or less who knows, anyway they played with a lot of heart all year and all the players should be congratulated, hopefully bigger and better things to come in 2016

TitanSam
06-09-15, 08:00 AM
Guys also It looks like Brayden Torpy is headed for the Northern Pride QCUP team next year

Hail Sezer
06-09-15, 08:03 AM
Guys also It looks like Brayden Torpy is headed for the Northern Pride QCUP team next year

Yeah he signed with them a few weeks ago due to Sam Obst retiring.

Hail Sezer
18-09-15, 06:32 PM
Jenan Parish to Bulldogs, 1 yr deal

lonegull
18-09-15, 07:21 PM
Can't get over Jenan going bloody one good talent there that we let go

Reddyred
18-09-15, 11:06 PM
Can't get over Jenan going bloody one good talent there that we let go unsure as too why he wasnt given more of a go this year.