PDA

View Full Version : Titans NYC 2015

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Titanic
17-04-15, 11:36 PM
Gee, I don't know about that … when I was that age I was usually just getting home about then.

TITAN PETE
18-04-15, 05:29 AM
Yeah man sure is, 12:30 tomorrow bro be sure to tune in.

Game the following week should be televised too. And the week after that.

Hopefully the lads can string some wins together.

But get this - the U20s will be playing at 9:40am NZT against the Warriors next weekend. Thats after arriving on a plane at 4:30pm NZT the evening beforehand. Needless to say the club isn't impressed with the scheduling as the team will be playing at what would be 7:30am Aus time. Such a disadvantage. Boys will be knackered. That'll be like a 4am AUT wakeup for them..

It's all about tv , why can't the 20's play after 1st grade at least it would be a more realistic time because as it stands our boys will get hammered against the Bro's

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 01:03 PM
Tries to Humphreys and Tuiasau have us leading 10-6 with 22 gone.

K2G
18-04-15, 01:12 PM
Few whispers around that Karl Lawton has signed an NRL contract with us

I can see why today. Couple of really nice touches. Great long kick to find space, a perfect right to left cut out pass putting his outside man through the line (incorrectly called forward, because it was so clean).

Some exciting talent coming through for sure.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 01:23 PM
Lawton is having an awesome game. Really nice cutout ball to Carty there just before half time.

Half time score: Panthers lead 18-14

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 01:24 PM
Need to tighten up our D a fair bit in the middle.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 01:29 PM
I can see why today. Couple of really nice touches. Great long kick to find space, a perfect right to left cut out pass putting his outside man through the line (incorrectly called forward, because it was so clean).

Some exciting talent coming through for sure.

Definitely some great talent coming through. I don't get to see many 20s games but now that they are starting to be televised, I am really impressed how much talent we have in the team. Guys like Hudson, Lawton, D Schwass, Ashby and more could easily one day break into the first grade team.

TITAN PETE
18-04-15, 01:39 PM
Too many holes out wide but gotta give Penrith a wrap they are steaming on to the ball..

I reckon there's about 200 people here atm

- - - Updated - - -

That right there shows why Hudson is mile off playing NRL for a long time yet

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 01:41 PM
Too many holes out wide but gotta give Penrith a wrap they are steaming on to the ball..

I reckon there's about 200 people here atm

- - - Updated - - -

That right there shows why Hudson is mile off playing NRL for a long time yet

Yeah poor from Huddo there. Crighton has huge wraps at the Panthers and trialled with their NRL team after playing SG Ball last year.

this game is about to open up, in a bad way

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 01:51 PM
Thatta boy Dan, my wide ball is still better than yours but that wasn't bad at all :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
18-04-15, 01:54 PM
How does he start from the bench #Schwassy

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 01:54 PM
What a play by Schwass! Gets a deserved 4 pointer. Really impressed with him. One to look out for in the future.

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 01:56 PM
D Schwass keeping us in this.

Hail Sezer
18-04-15, 02:06 PM
Possibly the worst defensive set I have ever seen

RenegadeGC
18-04-15, 02:16 PM
Id love to see Lawton start at hooker, and Ashby off the bench with Schwassy starting. He seems to control things a lot better and pass selection is on point. Penrith to big to strong, and our defence was to put it blunt very woeful at times.

Still, we are a hell of a lot better than we have been in the past. Tough trip away to Auckland next week against another big powerful side in the Warriors.

TITAN PETE
18-04-15, 02:20 PM
Id love to see Lawton start at hooker, and Ashby off the bench with Schwassy starting. He seems to control things a lot better and pass selection is on point. Penrith to big to strong, and our defence was to put it blunt very woeful at times.

Still, we are a hell of a lot better than we have been in the past. Tough trip away to Auckland next week against another big powerful side in the Warriors.

Yes to all the above & take the captaincy away from Hudson

mdrew
19-04-15, 02:07 PM
Deacond Fletcher with a hat trick and Jennan with a double for Burleigh Colts, we have some good depth at hooker that is for sure

Hail Sezer
19-04-15, 05:25 PM
Deacond Fletcher with a hat trick and Jennan with a double for Burleigh Colts, we have some good depth at hooker that is for sure

Jenan got a hatrick as well mate! Deacon was playing at 7 today as well so good to have that versatility option

Dan the titan
20-04-15, 09:38 AM
My team to beat the warriors after getting a chance to watch a replay here in Melbourne(after 10 replays of afl) would be

Kelly
Folau
Jed
Huddo
Mika/Spring
Dan S
Torpy
Oshea
Lawton
Watts
Colman
HaydenS
Wilson
Jenan!!!!!
Wright
Berkers
Elliot
Wish the boys and coaching staff all the best on this trip to Nz,how the hell they come up with the timeslot is mind blowing..

charged2go
20-04-15, 06:18 PM
Karl Lawton has signed a 2 year NRL deal.

Anthony Colman still out with knee injury until at least round 9.

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 11:07 AM
Expect some big changes to the side for this week guys

K2G
21-04-15, 11:12 AM

Due to injury or form???

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 11:14 AM
Due to injury or form???

Form

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 11:48 AM
I hope not too many changes, hope its only that Torphy & Dan Schwass at halfs, Lawton to Hooker, Berkers may start at 2nd Row with Wright as interchange, but also there are a few changes re injury as well as form and will miss Coleman if ChargtoGo is correct, hopefully Watts is back and Wilson is ok (seems to me carrying some injuries as spent a lot of time on sideline in last 2 games), also not sure when Spring is back. we will see after 5 pm today

Charged2Go will always be correct

You're pretty spot on with what you've said in relation to what I'm hearing

Dan the titan
21-04-15, 01:02 PM

HS the change I wish would happen is having a speciallist hooker and that is Jenan,dont know why he hasnt been given a good chance too prove himself but I feel he could be the key to us pushing to be in the 8 once finals football comes round!!He defends well,he backs up well and can turn a game with the big play I am yet too see in the squad so far.I have only been able to watch a couple of games but really wish he was given a go,no disrespect to any of the boys I just think he has the x factor that could improve and excite our team!!!

charged2go
21-04-15, 09:25 PM
Okay guys i have some info on the team that will line up against the Warriors on saturday morning. The team named is completely different to the team that will take the field. so here goes.

4. Shaun Hudson
1. Brian Kelly
3. Jed Cartwright
5. Christian Mika
2. Tevita Folau
14. Dan Schwass
7. Brayden Torpy
8. Oshae Tuisau
6. Karl Lawton
10. Max Elliot
11. Shane Wright
12. Hayden Schwass
13. Parahi Wilson

9. Delayne Ashby
15. Josh Berkers
16. Nathan Watts (Massive doubt over shoulder injury)
17. Ethan Page (Still doubt over concussion but should be fine)
18. Daymeric Pelo (Will replace Watts if ruled out)

- Shaun Hudson has been moved to fullback to add some ball playing spark in attack.
- Dont be surprised if you see him and Brian Kelly changing between the left wing and fullback at some stage.
- Christian Mika has come back into the side replacing Rory Humphreys to add some size to our outside backs against what is expected to be a quite large Warriors team.
- Delayne has been moved to the bench allowing Dan Schwass to start in the halves and Karl Lawton to start at hooker to add some - Size to our pack and tighten up defence around the ruck.
- Look for Delayne to come into the game with some attacking spark sniffing around the ruck looking for opportunities to run.

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 10:18 PM
Cheers C2G as always you deliver the goods.

Delayne wasn't too flash hot last week so he's done well to hold his spot, especially after Jenan scored a hatrick. I'm glad to see D schwass there. He really tidies up that left edge and seems to be able to make the most of Carty's hole running ability. Brian Kelly hugs the touchline well too so look for a few wideballs there.

Daymeric Pelo being next cab off the rank is interesting, how has he been going for Burleigh?

Warriors 20's have a really strong pack. We will need to work extra hard defensively in the middle. Keep the ball away from Brad Abbey as well...he's dangerous

charged2go
21-04-15, 10:25 PM
Cheers C2G as always you deliver the goods.

Delayne wasn't too flash hot last week so he's done well to hold his spot, especially after Jenan scored a hatrick. I'm glad to see D schwass there. He really tidies up that left edge and seems to be able to make the most of Carty's hole running ability. Brian Kelly hugs the touchline well too so look for a few wideballs there.

Daymeric Pelo being next cab off the rank is interesting, how has he been going for Burleigh?

Warriors 20's have a really strong pack. We will need to work extra hard defensively in the middle. Keep the ball away from Brad Abbey as well...he's dangerous

Delayne did not have his best game on the weekend thats for sure. i dont think woolf wanted to drop him straight away, give him one more chance to prove his worth. Jenan is not far off getting his shot i believe. He was very close to playing against penrith but Delayne and Torpy both passed fitness tests the day before the game. He will get his shot soon i have no doubt...

Daymeric Pelo was an interesting selection as I dont believe he is ready for that level just yet. He has been playing alright at Burleigh (not outstanding) but he may add that little extra bit of mungrel. Im just worried his fitness is not up to an NYC standard and he is very ill disciplined, especially when he gets tired. Shane Gillham would have been the replacement, however has been called into a South African Rugby League squad.

Expect Dan Schwass and Torpy to have a strong combination with plenty of control over the game and how it is played out. Kicking game will be important from these two also to keep the ball away from Abbey.

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 10:37 PM
Delayne did not have his best game on the weekend thats for sure. i dont think woolf wanted to drop him straight away, give him one more chance to prove his worth. Jenan is not far off getting his shot i believe. He was very close to playing against penrith but Delayne and Torpy both passed fitness tests the day before the game. He will get his shot soon i have no doubt...

Daymeric Pelo was an interesting selection as I dont believe he is ready for that level just yet. He has been playing alright at Burleigh (not outstanding) but he may add that little extra bit of mungrel. Im just worried his fitness is not up to an NYC standard and he is very ill disciplined, especially when he gets tired. Shane Gillham would have been the replacement, however has been called into a South African Rugby League squad.

Expect Dan Schwass and Torpy to have a strong combination with plenty of control over the game and how it is played out. Kicking game will be important from these two also to keep the ball away from Abbey.

Jenan is a popular player on this forum so if what you say is true then that is good news. Sounds like he is impressing with his running game and I've seen the highlights of his tries over the weekend which were impressive for sure.

Who were the alternative choices to Daymeric? He hasn't been the mini Papalii I was hoping he would be but he could be a player that benefits from having better players around him. Who knows. Gillham is playing RL for SA? How long does that commitment stand for, I think he has been really solid for our 20s this year.

I am interested to see the combination of Lawton/Schwass/Torpy/Huddo. I think it's a spine which offers a lot of dimensions. I expect our attack to take a different shape this week which will be exciting

charged2go
21-04-15, 10:45 PM
Jenan is a popular player on this forum so if what you say is true then that is good news. Sounds like he is impressing with his running game and I've seen the highlights of his tries over the weekend which were impressive for sure.

Who were the alternative choices to Daymeric? He hasn't been the mini Papalii I was hoping he would be but he could be a player that benefits from having better players around him. Who knows. Gillham is playing RL for SA? How long does that commitment stand for, I think he has been really solid for our 20s this year.

I am interested to see the combination of Lawton/Schwass/Torpy/Huddo. I think it's a spine which offers a lot of dimensions. I expect our attack to take a different shape this week which will be exciting

The alternative choices to Daymeric are very slim. our forwards have struggled wih injury this year. Swift (Shin splints, 1 more week), Watts (Shoulder), Iodice (retired), and a couple others.... to be fair Daymeric is probably the most ready for his level compared to some other players that are playing at Tweed and Burleigh as our depth in our forward pack has reduced dramatically.

I believe the RL for SA is a commitment that only stands for a weekend or maybe a week. he goes into a camp on Friday.

I believe the spine will work well together. and with the possibility of Jenan entering the team that could open up opportunities for him later in the half with his strong running game.

charged2go
22-04-15, 06:08 PM
Very interesting on your posting of team that is actually going to take the field, good to see Torphy & D Schwass at halfs and Lawton at Hooker, much better option. Hope Watts can play as Pelo is not ready for NYC just yet, but C2G stating that forward strength has been weakened by injury to very good players in Coleman & Clarke. I think Coleman & Watts have been big losses to our team at the moment and hopefully they are back, with Watt this week and Coleman after bye. Are you sure Watts has shoulder injury as had Rib Cartilage injury and these injuries do take time? What has happened to Cade Maloney and Harrison Hughes, at least they have NYC experience.
Will be tough game on saturday at 7.40 am our time, but our spine looks good for this game and with good completion rate and solid middle third defence, hoping for win.

Unfortunately Watts has been ruled out which means Daymeric Pelo will make his debut, he is amped and cant wait to get on the field. dont expect big minutes from him. But when he is on he will rip in. Watts is definitely a shoulder injury, he is over rib cartilage injury and was 18th man for Penrith game, he injured his shoulder during penrith warm up which has ruled him out of this weeks clash, he will benefit from the bye and should be back on deck after that.

Harry Hughes dislocated shoulder again on the weekend playing for burleigh, has got 3 weeks to build strength in the injured shoulder before physio will clear him to play. if he cant build strength he will undergo surgery again. Cade Maloney thats a great question... currently M.I.A

RenegadeGC
22-04-15, 06:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers go out to a few of the boys close friend who passed away. I see Parahi and Delayne have gone back to NZ for the funeral and will meet the rest of the team in Auckland Friday

Hail Sezer
23-04-15, 05:17 PM
Tyrone Roberts Davis training with 20s

lonegull
25-04-15, 08:08 AM
Had to turn volume down whilst watching I have never heard so much biased commentary in my life these commentators are an absolute joke anyway it's 6 all after 20minutes and the Titans see the more enthusiac side got a tough call early that allowed the Warriors to get back on even terms

- - - Updated - - -

The referee must of had something on the Warriors terrible calls going against Titans can't get a break

lonegull
25-04-15, 08:43 AM
Boys haven't come out of the sheds in second half warriors all over us early and score back to back tries

- - - Updated - - -

Have just realised Titans only started with 16 players didn't have enough players to fill a full side due to some injuries at final training session

Dan the titan
25-04-15, 09:50 AM
Wow what a hard trip for the team, they were missing alot of boys from last weekend.Why would a team going over to nz have to do full on training session before flying over?? Huddo was our best along with Max Elliott lets hope a week off and all injuries are back they can build again. Who were the players injured guys.

TITAN PETE
25-04-15, 10:20 AM
Had to turn volume down whilst watching I have never heard so much biased commentary in my life these commentators are an absolute joke anyway it's 6 all after 20minutes and the Titans see the more enthusiac side got a tough call early that allowed the Warriors to get back on even terms

- - - Updated - - -

The referee must of had something on the Warriors terrible calls going against Titans can't get a break

That's the worst part of watching a Kiwi game in NZ Bro :boo:

lonegull
25-04-15, 10:47 AM
That's the worst part of watching a Kiwi game in NZ Bro :boo:

Yeah I know and I should just start the match with no volume I won't learn

Hail Sezer
25-04-15, 03:04 PM
Not a great result today but we had an outrageous amount of injuries. Spoke to dan and he should be right to play Canberra despite injuring his hand pretty bad

lonegull
25-04-15, 03:14 PM
Yeah can't blame to many with the amount of injuries in NYC and only starting with 16 players against a big warriors side

- - - Updated - - -

Max Elliot was the standout I thought tackled and run big game for a front rower

mdrew
25-04-15, 03:37 PM
GL and Mitch Doring scored doubles for Burleigh Colts, Swifty also with a try. Plenty of depth this season

Hail Sezer
27-04-15, 05:22 PM
Daniel Schwass looking to be out for at least 4weeks with a fractured thumb suffered against the Warriors. Absolutely gutted and I am too, top bloke and was playing some really good footy. Huge loss. He'll receive confirmation on it soon but aint looking great

TITAN PETE
27-04-15, 05:45 PM
Daniel Schwass looking to be out for at least 4weeks with a fractured thumb suffered against the Warriors. Absolutely gutted and I am too, top bloke and was playing some really good footy. Huge loss. He'll receive confirmation on it soon but aint looking great

We know he's soft :thumbsup:

He may get a start running the water on Saturday night for Mudgy

RenegadeGC
27-04-15, 07:47 PM
We know he's soft :thumbsup:

He may get a start running the water on Saturday night for Mudgy

Lol he better not might break his other thumb carrying the bottle.

But in all seriousness bad luck to Daniel. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery

charged2go
30-04-15, 08:06 PM
Mitch Doring has had numerous offers for the 2016 Holden Cup season. 3 clubs so far in contention are titans, storm and Penrith. I cant see the need for him to stay on the coast with fullbacks coming through such as GL and Brian Kelly still having another year in our 20s. If he stays the fullback position will have plenty of depth. keeping in mind he can also play in the halves and probably hooker aswell...

RenegadeGC
30-04-15, 08:55 PM
A Titans back line looking something like this in the next few years wouldn't be half bad -
1.Brian Kelly
2.Huddo
3.GL
4.James Roberts
5.Hoffman
6.LG
7.DCE

Hail Sezer
01-05-15, 08:12 AM
Lawton and Huddo trained with NRL squad v Junior Kangaroos the other day

nimud
05-05-15, 12:47 PM
Lawton and Huddo trained with NRL squad v Junior Kangaroos the other day

I finally saw Hudson the other day vs Warriors. He is such a bar above the pack, but he really needs to put on some size if he is going to crack the NRL.

Anyone up north know much about the Titans Club's effort in focusing on our juniors yet?

Compared to the old GC Seagulls days, junior development at this club seems nearly non-existent.

lonegull
05-05-15, 06:37 PM
Great to see on Jenan WP on bench for the NYC this is one young bloke who really impressed me last year, I see a Ben mathiou named on the bench also can anyone elaborate a bit more on him where he plays etc I haven't heard his named been mentioned before

Hail Sezer
05-05-15, 06:46 PM
Great to see on Jenan WP on bench for the NYC this is one young bloke who really impressed me last year, I see a Ben mathiou named on the bench also can anyone elaborate a bit more on him where he plays etc I haven't heard his named been mentioned before

Mathiou is a prop who was with Cowboys, think we got him after losing Iodice

Jenan is pumped and I scored some kit out of him being named so everyone is happy :laugh:

NYCDB
05-05-15, 07:35 PM
Yeah Ben Mathiou is Jamie's son. He plays prop and has been with the Cowboys for a little bit. Originally from the Coast, Currumbin junior, he played a handful of NYC games last season and scored a try on his debut. I think hes been injured this year? I hope he kicks on at the Titans.

RenegadeGC
05-05-15, 08:24 PM
Very surprised to see Josh Berkers named in the centres. Would love to see GL in that spot :)

On a side note GL wasn't named in Burleigh 20s this week, from what I heard GL and Keanu Dawson both had solid games the other week.

Also Jerome Veve is back from dislocated knee which happened in preseason, and has started training with NYC squad.

titan 2015
06-05-15, 10:05 AM
Yeah Ben Mathiou is Jamie's son. He plays prop and has been with the Cowboys for a little bit. Originally from the Coast, Currumbin junior, he played a handful of NYC games last season and scored a try on his debut. I think hes been injured this year? I hope he kicks on at the Titans.

Where is Shane Gilham playing, thought he did alright when he was out on the paddock for us. Glad to see Jenan getting a run though.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is Shane Gilham playing, thought he did alright when he was out on the paddock for us. Glad to see Jenan getting a run though.

mdrew
06-05-15, 06:00 PM
Josh Fauid named at 5/8 for Norths Colts this weekend, interesting to see if he gets a chance in NYC before the year is out.

charged2go
08-05-15, 01:05 PM
U18s who have started training with the NYC side are:
Jonah Haas
Jerome Veve
Tyrone Roberts Davis
Guys continuing on from pre season are:
GL
Keanu Dawson

Shane Gillham missed the warriors clash to play for South Africa in a one off game against the Phillipines. missed a week of training (not due to SA camp with no explantion) which has seen him moved back to play with Tweed Colts.
Cade Maloney is moving back to Townsville (homesick).
Oshae Tuisau hopefully back after the bye with Dan Schwass. However Oshae may be out for a little longer than that but remaining hopeful he will return for Rabbitohs.

RenegadeGC
08-05-15, 08:38 PM
Very surprised to see Jonah in there. Will be interesting to see how Woolfy handles him. He's big strong and runs hard. But attitude wise on the field is poor. Suspensions, costly penalties and discipline is severely lacking.

No surprises with the others and expected :)

titanfan2015
09-05-15, 01:31 PM
Absolute BS, they've got their best defender/second rower starting on the bench, two guys getting selected due to their connection with the Recruitment Officer & one guy that doesn't realise there is no "I" in team..... just my opinion

Hail Sezer
09-05-15, 02:38 PM
Absolute BS, they've got their best defender/second rower starting on the bench, two guys getting selected due to their connection with the Recruitment Officer & one guy that doesn't realise there is no "I" in team..... just my opinion

That opinion is widely emulated trust me

DIEHARD
09-05-15, 08:05 PM
U20s v Raiders

The Gold Coast Titans under-20s suffered a demoralising loss to the Raiders in Canberra today after losing prop Max Elliott in the first tackle and having to play 80 minutes a man down.

The young Titans were behind only 16-12 until the last play of the first half when the Raiders scored an against-the-run-of-play try and the match changed dramatically.

Two tries in the first four minutes of the second half saw the score shift to 34-12 and while the side showed some character to hit back to 34-18 until the final 15 minutes, the Raiders ran away with the match 46-18.

It was a disappointing performance for a side that had Anthony Colman and Nathan Watts back on the bench and competed well for the first half, but had to play a second game in a row a man down. Elliott suffered concussion.

Right on the break halfback Braydon Torpy elected to chip-kick just inside the Raiders half but his opposing number Lachlan Croker scooped up the ball and ran 50 metres under the posts, then converted for a 22-12 half-time lead.

The Raiders scored just 62 seconds into the second half when Croker scored his third try after a break down the Raiders’ left side and in the set after the kick-off they were in again for the match to quickly slide out of the Titans’ reach at 34-12 – in just five minutes.

Croker ended up scoring 26 points from three tries and seven goals.

It was a pity the under-manned Titans fell away after a solid first half that saw them fight back from 10-0 down after 15 minutes to 16-12.

Their first try was scored by Karl Lawton. It came off the back of a good hit-up and quick play the ball by co-captain Parahi Wilson, one of his team’s best. Braydon Torpy put Lawton into a bit of space and the five-eighth did the rest with a determined run, beating two defenders and taking another with him as he stretched out to make the line.

The Raiders got away to 16-6 with another try but Wilson scored three minutes before the break. A good scoot and offload at dummy half by Jenan Wedderburn-Parrish gave Lawton some space and he accelerated quickly and pass to Wilson who got to the line strongly. Jed Cartwright’s conversion made it 18-12 and the momentum had moved the Titans’ way.

But then came the heartbreaker right on the break and despite Shane Wright scoring on the left edge after a determined run and offload by Shaun Hudson, and making it 34-18 with 30 minutes remaining, the Raiders regained control in the final 15 minutes.

Canberra Raiders 46 (Croker 3, Pangai Junior, Boyle, Aroha-Tuinauvai, Lee, Ellis tries; Croker 7 goals) def. Gold Coast Titans 18 (Lawton, Wilson, Wright tries; Cartwright 3 goals).

http://www.titans.com.au/

charged2go
11-05-15, 12:49 PM
I agree with all above comments. They looked like a very dis jointed team on the paddock with not much direction being given to forwards who were trying their hardest. The boys had their opportunities to take that game by the horns and run away with it. I dont think the chip kick that resulted in a raiders try before half time was needed and i believe they should have taken the tackle and gone into the break with the momentum that they had. At the moment it looks like there are players too comfortable with their position. I have done up something that has my opinion on each player.

Shaun Hudson - Good at fullback however i think we lack his defense at right centre and his strike power
Brian Kelly - Being wasted on the wing, needs to get back to fullback where he was more involved in the game
Jed Cartwright - Always plays well, defends strong (especially against an NRL rated centre in Branko Lee)
Josh Berkers - Playing out of position in the centres did his best but looked lost at times (especially in defence)
Christian Mika - Yet to see Mika play a solid game apart from rd 1 and 2, rather see Humphreys in there.
Karl Lawton - Tries hard, sometimes just needs to trust the players around him rather then dummying. Prefer at hooker.
Brayden Torpy - Rd 1 and 2 was excellent. however yet to see him perform beyond.
Ethan Page - Going well for someone who transitioned into the front row from centres only 3 weeks ago.
Delayne Ashby - Was solid at the start of the year, errors are starting to creep into his game and he is lazy at times
Max Elliot - Always gives 110% and rarely makes unforced errors.
Shane Wright - Been playing well at left second row, like to see him come off the bench as a ball playing lock
Hayden Schwass - Needs to see more ball. Other than that solid in defence and attack
Parahi Wilson - At times lazy, however always willing to roll his sleeves up for the team

Jenan Wedderburn Parrish - Didnt see his running game we have seen in colts, however with more games will see him gain confidence.
Anthony Colman - Needs to get back into the starting left second row. Always gives his best effort
Nathan Watts - Straight up and down front rower willing to roll his sleeves up. Errors creep into his game as he gets tired. Can also ball play
Ben Mathiou - First game i've seen of him at this level. Looked unfit, little bit of ill discipline as well, however had some good carries.

Hail Sezer
11-05-15, 01:06 PM
I agree with all above comments. They looked like a very dis jointed team on the paddock with not much direction being given to forwards who were trying their hardest. The boys had their opportunities to take that game by the horns and run away with it. I dont think the chip kick that resulted in a raiders try before half time was needed and i believe they should have taken the tackle and gone into the break with the momentum that they had. At the moment it looks like there are players too comfortable with their position. I have done up something that has my opinion on each player.

Shaun Hudson - Good at fullback however i think we lack his defense at right centre and his strike power
Brian Kelly - Being wasted on the wing, needs to get back to fullback where he was more involved in the game
Jed Cartwright - Always plays well, defends strong (especially against an NRL rated centre in Branko Lee)
Josh Berkers - Playing out of position in the centres did his best but looked lost at times (especially in defence)
Christian Mika - Yet to see Mika play a solid game apart from rd 1 and 2, rather see Humphreys in there.
Karl Lawton - Tries hard, sometimes just needs to trust the players around him rather then dummying. Prefer at hooker.
Brayden Torpy - Rd 1 and 2 was excellent. however yet to see him perform beyond.
Ethan Page - Going well for someone who transitioned into the front row from centres only 3 weeks ago.
Delayne Ashby - Was solid at the start of the year, errors are starting to creep into his game and he is lazy at times
Max Elliot - Always gives 110% and rarely makes unforced errors.
Shane Wright - Been playing well at left second row, like to see him come off the bench as a ball playing lock
Hayden Schwass - Needs to see more ball. Other than that solid in defence and attack
Parahi Wilson - At times lazy, however always willing to roll his sleeves up for the team

Jenan Wedderburn Parrish - Didnt see his running game we have seen in colts, however with more games will see him gain confidence.
Anthony Colman - Needs to get back into the starting left second row. Always gives his best effort
Nathan Watts - Straight up and down front rower willing to roll his sleeves up. Errors creep into his game as he gets tired. Can also ball play
Ben Mathiou - First game i've seen of him at this level. Looked unfit, little bit of ill discipline as well, however had some good carries.

Tend to agree with what you've said. It's always tough to judge our 20s, particularly when they are on the backfoot but I think that what you have written is very accurate. I'm looking forward to D Schwass being back..brings so much more structure to our attack. Just needs more ball on his edge. And surely Colman will be starting come next round?

How far off do you think some of the u18s blokes are? With poor performances from some of our backs and an apparent lack of centre depth, would the likes of GL or TRD come in to the occasion? It's also no secret that we are lacking size/punch in the forwards, so I wonder how far off we are from giving someone like Dawson or Guttienbiel a run...it's hard for guys like Jenan to run from dummy half when we don't have momentum due to no real go-forward in attack. Need a line bender.

charged2go
11-05-15, 01:11 PM
Tend to agree with what you've said. It's always tough to judge our 20s, particularly when they are on the backfoot but I think that what you have written is very accurate. I'm looking forward to D Schwass being back..brings so much more structure to our attack. Just needs more ball on his edge. And surely Colman will be starting come next round?

How far off do you think some of the u18s blokes are? With poor performances from some of our backs and an apparent lack of centre depth, would the likes of GL or TRD come in to the occasion? It's also no secret that we are lacking size/punch in the forwards, so I wonder how far off we are from giving someone like Dawson or Guttienbiel a run...it's hard for guys like Jenan to run from dummy half when we don't have momentum due to no real go-forward in attack. Need a line bender.

i think we will only see some of the 18s blokes come in if there are any more injuries... Its a good side taking the field each week they just arent gelling as well as they were in the earlier rounds! guttnebiel will be a few weeks still i believe.

Hail Sezer
12-05-15, 08:02 PM
GL named for Burleigh colts, TRD named for Tweed colts

Hail Sezer
12-05-15, 09:30 PM
Just saw the team list. Are the selectors dead set idiots?????

Word out of 20's camp is that everyone is on notice.

charged2go
14-05-15, 05:12 PM
Karl Lawton will miss Saturdays clash with the sharks (hip and sternum injury) hopefully only the one week. Deacon Fletcher will take his place at 5/8

titanfan2015
15-05-15, 08:50 AM
Is it only me but just listened to Woolfie's weekly team update, he talks about them needing to improve on their defense, yet he has one of his best defenders sitting on the bench, go figure!!!!! Normally after injury your best players come straight back into the starting team. Am I reading it wrong?????

charged2go
15-05-15, 09:16 AM
Is it only me but just listened to Woolfie's weekly team update, he talks about them needing to improve on their defense, yet he has one of his best defenders sitting on the bench, go figure!!!!! Normally after injury your best players come straight back into the starting team. Am I reading it wrong?????

titanfan i cant expect that colman will spend too long on the bench. I think he will come on into the front row after about 20 to tighten up the defense for the back end of the first half and expect to see him finish out the game...

charged2go
15-05-15, 10:13 AM
I hope your right C2G, but Colman is not a frontrower, he is one of our best 2ndRow/Centres and plays the edge very well, I dont understand that he is not starting at Centre or 2ndrow and either Berkers or Wright come off the bench, especially now with Huddo and Lawton missing, but is good to see Fletcher get a shot back in the team as Ashby is blessed to still be there, same as Mathiou, but I am commencing to think that Woolfey does not get team he wants and our new Head of Recruitment has final say and biased at that. I dont know but from the outside just does not seem like a happy team?? when there is so much potential with correct team selected. imo

hes not a front rower i do agree with you but does have a bit of experience and a high work rate at lock... i also agree that he should be on an edge with wright off the bench aswell... deacon will play well with a strong kicking game. with maybe the return of schwass the marching orders for torpy if he does not perform... you are spot on, without giving too much away, head of recruitment gets a huge say over who plays and who doesnt play which you could guess is why some of these players are still there, ashby, mathiou, mika. no matter what team selected, we just need a good spine thats gona lead the around the park.

Titanic
16-05-15, 12:15 PM
and the head of recruitment is Mathiou, I assume?

charged2go
16-05-15, 01:52 PM
and the head of recruitment is Mathiou, I assume?

correct titanic

mdrew
16-05-15, 03:52 PM
Boys down 18-10 after leading 10-0 things becoming a real struggle after a solid start to the season

DIEHARD
16-05-15, 05:42 PM
Heartbreaking loss for U20s
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/05/16/heartbreaking_loss_f.html

The Gold Coast Titans under-20s side have suffered a hard-fought 18-16 defeat at the hands of the Cronulla Sharks at Cbus Super stadium this afternoon.

After taking an early 10-0 lead the young Titans conceded three successive tries to go into the half-time break trailing 18-10.

The Titans started the second-half the stronger of the two sides and managed to keep the Sharks attacking opportunities at bay before Deacon Fletcher crossed to get the Titans back in the game to trail 18-16 into the final 20 minutes.

In a gutsy display the Titans received a penalty in front of the posts in the 75th minute and opted to take the tap and go for the win, but some heavy defence by the Sharks forced an error and they managed to hold the Titans out.

After mounting early pressure by forcing repeat sets, it was the Titans who opened the scoring through centre Josh Berkers who forced his way across the line before Jed Cartwright added the extras for an early 6-0 lead.

The Titans went back-to-back with Brian Kelly finishing off some quality backline play to dive across the line and extend the lead out to 10-0 after 13 minutes.

The Sharks hit back in the 16th minute when centre Tuli Leota sliced through the line to score untouched. With fullback Ryan Cummins converting the Titans lead was reduced to 10-6.

With the momentum swinging in their favour, the Sharks capitalised through Jayden Brailey who barged his way across the line before Cummins added the extras to give the Sharks a 12-10 lead after 26 minutes.

The Sharks continued their dominance in the back end of the half with Jaden Clarke cleaning up the scraps of a loose grubber kicks to score under the posts giving Cummins an easy conversion and the visitors an 18-10 half-time lead.

After the match turned into an arm-wrestle it took some individual brilliance by Deacon Fletcher to break the deadlock with the utility half dummying his way through the line to score. With Cartwright adding the extras the Titans trailed 18-16 with 20 minutes remaining.

The Titans looked to have taken the lead in the 68th minute when Cartwright took on the line before getting an offload away to Tevita Folau, but the pass was ruled to go forward. The Titans copped a further blow with Cartwright being forced from the field.

The Titans had an opportunity to tie the match-up after receiving a penalty in front of the posts in the 75th minute but opted to take the tap and go after the win, but were unable to crack the Sharks defensive line and were forced to concede the 18-16 loss.

The young Titans have the bye next week but will look to strike back in a fortnight when they take on the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium.

Cronulla Sharks 18 (T Leota, J Brailey, J Clarke tries; R Cummins 3 goals) defeated Gold Coast Titans 16 (J Berkers, B Kelly, D Fletcher tries; J Cartwright 2 goals)

Mexican titan
16-05-15, 09:55 PM
I generally can't bring myself to watch NYC but can someone explain why they didn't take the shot directly in front with about 5 to go. One of the strangest decisions I have seen for years.

titan 2015
16-05-15, 10:41 PM
Call came from the side line !!

Mexican titan
16-05-15, 11:09 PM
Call came from the side line !!

Well whoever made the call has no clue. Just dumb.

Hail Sezer
17-05-15, 07:35 PM
Long way away but I'm hoping to see..(assuming Jed might be out)

1. Kelly
2. Spring
3. Huddo
4. TRD/GL
5. Humphreys/Folau
6. Fletcher
7. Schwass
8. Tuiasau
9. Lawton
10. Elliot
11. Coleman
12. Schwass
13. Wilson

14. Jenan
15. Watts
16. Page
17. Wright
18. Berkers

Might cop some heat for that teamlist but hear me out..

We are lacking X factor. Parish and GL will provide that and every 20's team needs a player that can score from nowhere. Might sound ridiculous but that's the way the competition works and often the difference between 2 teams is 1 player.

If GL isn't up to it, give TRD a shot. Guy has sky rocketed into calculations after a killer MM cup season and has attacking strike galore. 2 tries for Tweed colts on debut, he must be doing something right. Blood him now.

Wing spots are tough. I like Rory's workrate and leg speed, plus he's a bit of a freak at attacking the high ball. Spring will walk back in once he returns. Folau has been solid though and brings size so I can understand his inclusion. I've excluded Mika because I think he needs a bit more time in colts grade. No disrespect but I haven't seen enough positive from him to warrant consistent selection.

I've changed up our halves completely. We need D Schwass out there. Need. Composed, smart player who plays for the players around him. Creates space for others whilst being big enough to take the line on confidently himself. There's a reason he played Qcup before 20's and if he was able to string a few games together in NYC then we will all see why.

Went for Deacon in the #6. Mainly because I feel that Torpy is out of form, largely. Deacon brings that aggression and energy with a good kicking and running game. He's a half by nature IMO and was sensational there for Redcliffe in 2013. Give him a shot.

Pack picks itself when they're all healthy.

Unlikely we will see the team i've picked out but that's how I'm feeling after 10 rounds. Changes are needed and I hope we make them before a) we lose too many games to save the season and b) these players get poached by other teams due to not being selected (yes other clubs are circling)

charged2go
17-05-15, 08:09 PM
Long way away but I'm hoping to see..(assuming Jed might be out)

1. Kelly
2. Spring
3. Huddo
4. TRD/GL
5. Humphreys/Folau
6. Fletcher
7. Schwass
8. Tuiasau
9. Lawton
10. Elliot
11. Coleman
12. Schwass
13. Wilson

14. Jenan
15. Watts
16. Page
17. Wright
18. Berkers

Might cop some heat for that teamlist but hear me out..

We are lacking X factor. Parish and GL will provide that and every 20's team needs a player that can score from nowhere. Might sound ridiculous but that's the way the competition works and often the difference between 2 teams is 1 player.

If GL isn't up to it, give TRD a shot. Guy has sky rocketed into calculations after a killer MM cup season and has attacking strike galore. 2 tries for Tweed colts on debut, he must be doing something right. Blood him now.

Wing spots are tough. I like Rory's workrate and leg speed, plus he's a bit of a freak at attacking the high ball. Spring will walk back in once he returns. Folau has been solid though and brings size so I can understand his inclusion. I've excluded Mika because I think he needs a bit more time in colts grade. No disrespect but I haven't seen enough positive from him to warrant consistent selection.

I've changed up our halves completely. We need D Schwass out there. Need. Composed, smart player who plays for the players around him. Creates space for others whilst being big enough to take the line on confidently himself. There's a reason he played Qcup before 20's and if he was able to string a few games together in NYC then we will all see why.

Went for Deacon in the #6. Mainly because I feel that Torpy is out of form, largely. Deacon brings that aggression and energy with a good kicking and running game. He's a half by nature IMO and was sensational there for Redcliffe in 2013. Give him a shot.

Pack picks itself when they're all healthy.

Unlikely we will see the team i've picked out but that's how I'm feeling after 10 rounds. Changes are needed and I hope we make them before a) we lose too many games to save the season and b) these players get poached by other teams due to not being selected (yes other clubs are circling)

I don't have too much of an issue with the team you have produced. however beakers needs to be in the 17. I honestly can not see TRD or GL being promoted as yet, why bring in new blood when ya trying to save a season when you can roll on with the blokes that have been together from the start of November... However i believe if one was to be promoted it would be TRD and he would play on the wing. I do agree that Torpy is well out of form and needs to be sent back to colts grade, Deacon held his own on the weekends game from what i saw. Ashby also needs to spend time at colts level as an unforced error after the boys 2nd try from Ashby out of dummy half then led to the boys defending a number of sets on their line before conceding the first try and the next two came straight from the momentum... Same in the second half, all the momentum was going with our boys and a costly error out of dummy half or poor decision making on a 5th tackle resulted in the sharks escaping the pressure... The team i would like to see for the Rabbitohs game and then best "fit" team that we have at the moment.

1. Brian Kelly - best at this position
2. Rory Humphreys - good under high ball, strong ball runner
3. Jed Cartwright (hopefully will be fit) - well its jed
4. Shaun Hudson - better at centre iMO
5. Tyrone-Roberts Davis - blood him on the wing, add some speed and can switch to fullback also
6. Deacon Fletcher - good talker, aggressive and good kicking game
7. Daniel Schwass - good talker/organizer, big half, can take the line on and play for players around him
8. Nathan Watts - strong ball runner, solid in defence,
9. Karl Lawton (not sure if he will be fit) - better at this position IMO
10. Max Elliot - massive work rate
11. Anthony Colman - best position IMO
12. Hayden Schwass - big work rate, big body
13. Parahi Wilson - massive work rate

14. Jenan Parrish - good impact and energy off bench
15. Ethan Page - big body, good for 10-15 either side of half time
16. Shane Wright - can cover any forward position whilst also having a history as a 5/8
17. Josh Berkers - can cover lock, back row and centre if needed

18. Brayden Torpy - if Lawton unfit, slot into halves and push deacon to hooker
19. Tevita Folau - if Cartwright unfit, push TRD or Humphreys into centre and folau fills into wing

I have left out Tuisau as he is very unlikely to take the field.
Torpy 18th as he is out of form.
Mika is out as he is not up to competing for 80 minutes at this level IMO.
Ashby out to try get unforced errors out of his game at colts level.
Mathiou out as I don't believe he is fit enough at the moment and a few games with big minutes at colts level will do him a world of good.

** this is the side i hope to see, i don't think i will get my wish but we can only be hopeful.

Hail Sezer
17-05-15, 08:17 PM
Good post C2G and completely see your justification regarding Berkers. I struggled to leave him out and if I had omitted Oshae due to injury like you had, then I'd have him there. Same thing with Jed, if he was healthy then he slots straight in to left centre, with the option of TRD or GL on the wing.

Honestly completely forgot about Ashby and would have him playing colts at this stage. Error rate far too high and 20's so so dependant on momentum that it's something we can really do without

Good debate and I'm interested to hear everyone else's opinions

charged2go
17-05-15, 08:34 PM
Good post C2G and completely see your justification regarding Berkers. I struggled to leave him out and if I had omitted Oshae due to injury like you had, then I'd have him there. Same thing with Jed, if he was healthy then he slots straight in to left centre, with the option of TRD or GL on the wing.

Honestly completely forgot about Ashby and would have him playing colts at this stage. Error rate far too high and 20's so so dependant on momentum that it's something we can really do without

Good debate and I'm interested to hear everyone else's opinions

IMO GL would be completely wasted on the wing, he's better either at fullback or centre

charged2go
18-05-15, 08:08 AM
Great Debate re our 20s Team & Great Posts by HS & C2G & both Teams you have selected are definitely on the money, & I am slightly favouring C2G's team selection but if your team was selected HS I would be very happy with that 17.
I am loath to say it, but its time to put some spotlight on the Coach, he winning results are not good & I am really not seeing much coached improvement in any of our players. To me the Coach has too much outside pressure & interference (mainly from Head Recruitment Officer, who should not be involved in any selection, especially when his son is involved and other players he has brought to the squad being Ashby & Mika) also the Coach just gets pedantic and his mind is set on certain players in certain positions he will not change, even when not best for team.
Kelly must be a Fullback and Huddo back to Centre, but at present Kelly is lacking Confidence because of him being shoved from wing to fullback and same with Huddo from Centre to Fullback but we need Huddo at Centre for he gives us great attacking options from Centre.
I dont know why but he wont change the 2nd Row's and Colman for some reason appears to be on the outer, but like Berkers he covers so many positions (maybe thats why) and both have to be in the Team. Colman and Schwass are our best 2nd Rowers with Wright starting Lock or off interchange as Lock & Front Row as Wilson looks to be a bit out of form and his bad mistakes late in the game v Cronulla, just showed me a tired player carrying niggling injuries and he has not been playing big minutes, but he is great player and to me would be outstanding coming off bench as Hooker or Lock.
I am hoping that Dan Schwass and Fletcher are the halves but Fletcher has to keep his head in the game for 80 minutes but that will come with Coach confidence in him (same with a few other players). Lawton definitely our Hooker, this is his best postion.
If Fletcher is not playing well I am going to through in a curve ball and why not Huddo at 5/8, he has the skills and Berkers is playing very well at Centre with Cartwright back at other centre but if unfit I am happy with your suggestions of playing either of those 2 young Centres being TRD or GL.
Tuiasau, Elliott & Watts are our best Front Rowers (Page is learning and coming on) and need them in our team
MY Team: (a Bit Different, but a winning team, imo)
1. Kelly
2. Spring 5. Folau/Humphreys/TRD
4. Huddo/GL 3. Carty/Berkers
6. Fletcher/Huddo
7. Dan Schwass
8. Tuiasau/Watts
9. Lawton
10.Elliott
11.Colman
12.Schwass
13.Wright
14. Wilson
15. Berkers
16. Watts
17. TRD or GL (can cover all outside back positions)

18. Jenin W-Parrish
19. Torpy
20. Page/Swifty

IMO

what a great debate to see everyones ideas and opinions on how they think the team should look... i don't think huddo will be put to 5/8, I think next in line for the 5/8 position would be shane wright as he was originally signed in the halves after playing junior footy at 5/8. good ball player and this has shown through him playing as a ball playing back rower... i do think he needs to play in the middle as that will give the boys another ball playing attacker in the centre of the field creating more opportunities... Parahi's work rate is too high at the start of the game when it is at game high intensity for him to start off the bench. He gets the work done and works hard and can often be forgiven for some mistakes late in the game... against cronulla he did give away a crucial penalty with about 8 minutes to go which took the heat off the sharks and allowed them back into the game... but very good side Titan Crius

RenegadeGC
18-05-15, 09:00 AM
Oshhh might be my turn to have a Crack at naming a 20s side :) maybe later.

the most pleasing thing is we have a good amount of local juniors in the 20s side which means that their local clubs get behind them. For instance Dan and Hayden Schwass are from Mudgee and I have no doubt that many of their club go to games just to watch them play. Same for a host of others. Keep our kids local and numbers through the gates will rise.

PS maybe time give some them Burleigh Fogs 20s a Crack they are dominating by far. I fear that other NRL clubs will start circling those players with such a dominating performance so far this year

charged2go
18-05-15, 08:43 PM
Oshhh might be my turn to have a Crack at naming a 20s side :) maybe later.

the most pleasing thing is we have a good amount of local juniors in the 20s side which means that their local clubs get behind them. For instance Dan and Hayden Schwass are from Mudgee and I have no doubt that many of their club go to games just to watch them play. Same for a host of others. Keep our kids local and numbers through the gates will rise.

PS maybe time give some them Burleigh Fogs 20s a Crack they are dominating by far. I fear that other NRL clubs will start circling those players with such a dominating performance so far this year

Renegade i was up at the wynum v burleigh game and i was talking to a melbourne scout and the scouts are definitely circling that side. mainly melbourne 20s as they are being based out of sunshine coast as of 2016

NYCDB
18-05-15, 08:51 PM
Edit - found the right thread

Hail Sezer
19-05-15, 09:27 PM
GL named at centre again for Burleigh

https://scontent-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/885650_825252544232065_4822569571068460521_o.jpg

man himself

charged2go
21-05-15, 11:25 AM
The boys enjoyed a night of team building and a bit of a fun training session.

After their weights session they headed over and played a doubles tournament between them... turns out the assistant coaches can play tennis with Nathan Cross and Nathan Small taking out the championship winning in the final over Michael Shambrook (chaplain) and Nathan Watts. 3rd Place went to Zac Spring and Max Elliot. By all bits of information i have received the boys enjoyed the night.

They now have the weekend off and regroup monday for a big week of training to prepare for what is an important series of winnable games in a row (Rabbitohs, Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors, Roosters) and leading into the next bye in round 17. Jed Cartwright will be assessed midweek and Dan Schwass set to return from his broken thumb.

Hail Sezer
21-05-15, 08:51 PM
GL ripping and tearing for GC Green

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6NnOS1FaC-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RenegadeGC
21-05-15, 09:17 PM
GL ripping and tearing for GC Green

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6NnOS1FaC-w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great edit.... hopefully will see more of GL and other edits of players

titanfan2015
26-05-15, 05:16 PM
Seriously have the selectors got rocks in their heads......

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 05:24 PM
Seriously have the selectors got rocks in their heads......

I'm usually fairly optimistic but even I'm struggling to get on side with the selectors justification for this..

Gold Training under-20s coach Ben Woolf has some injury issues to contend with before Saturday’s important match against South Sydney with his side keen to get back on the winner’s list after being made to pay for errors in recent weeks.

He is hoping co-captain Shaun Hudson and dynamic attacker Karl Lawton will return from injury but both will have to have fitness tests later in the week, along with winger Christian Mika.

Lawton, who has been playing five-eighth, has been returned to hooker where he played last season.

Centre Jed Cartwright is out so utility Brian Kelly will play in the centres, with Josh Berkers – normally a back-rower – again filling the other centre position. Tevita Folau will start on the wing.

The forward stocks have been further stretched with prop Ethan page joining Oshea Tuiasau on the injured list. Zac Spring is still a few weeks away from returning.

The Gold Training under-20s team is:

1 -Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 -Christian Mika

3 – Brian Kelly

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Tevita Folau

6 – Deacon Fletcher

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Nathan Watts

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

13 - Parahi Wilson (capt)

Interchange:

14 - Anthony Colman

15 - Ben Mathiou

16 – Shane Gillham

17 – Chris Law

18 – Jackson Clarke

19 - Daymeric Pelo

20 – Delayne Ashby

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad Gillham is back, along with Watts. But excluding Jenan for Law and not naming Schwass is just plain weird.

My mail is that lawton won't play so expect delayne to come in and Law to start

- - - Updated - - -

Plus we've got a young guy that goes by the nickname GL absolutely carving up colts grade...he must be close to being given a shot, surely

mdrew
26-05-15, 05:48 PM
Chris Law is from the Cowboys originally

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 06:15 PM
With the injuries we have and the form players are showing, this is the team that IMO should have been named:

Kelly
Folau
Hudson
GL
Humphreys
Fletcher
Schwass
Watts
Lawton
Elliot
Coleman
Schwass
Wilson

Gillham
Pelo
Berkers
Wright

Lawton to play 80 lel

lonegull
26-05-15, 06:19 PM
Daniel Schwass has got to be still injured if he hasn't been selected, if not that is a joke he is the bloke to lead this team.

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 06:22 PM
Daniel Schwass has got to be still injured if he hasn't been selected, if not that is a joke he is the bloke to lead this team.

It is a joke that he hasn't been named. It's amazing how much better this team could be if the team that was selected was actually our best 17. i mean I understand from time to time there are a few contentious selections in teamlists and we arent always going to agree.....BUT this is happening every single week with this under 20's side and there are a good 4-5 positions that I know can be selected with better reason than is currently being done. Incredibly frustrating.

RenegadeGC
26-05-15, 06:31 PM
Law and Gillham also named in Tweed Fogs 20s

charged2go
26-05-15, 07:56 PM
Nathan Watts will not play - fractured ankle.

Titan goldy
26-05-15, 09:00 PM
A plain and simple coup!! we have players here that have played for Titans since u13's and not getting the recognition they deserve!! Delay ashby got let go by Cowboys for stealing a lady's handbag and we pick him up and put him in the starting side,when the boys had trained there butts off for pre-season? Mathiou played for the tweed colts on the weekend,knock the ball on 5 times and deserves another shot?!! We have great players in our ranks and that are contacting their manager's to move on,rather than let go!!! Be fair,this is wrecking promising careers here!! No wonder the results aren't showing!!

charged2go
26-05-15, 09:36 PM
Thats terrible, how did that happen, what are your thoughts on team and what do you think final team will be?

I believe it happened doing a simple conditioning drill at monday nights training. But from what i heard he thought he had just rolled it. puffed up like an elephant, and then went to the hospital to be put on crutches and in plaster. unfortunate for nathan who is easily one of our form front rowers even if he hasn't played much footy recently...

On the team selections i agree with all the comments on here about who should be in and out and what not. Hudson is very likely to play, lawton not so much. Apparently he struggled to get through conditioning session on monday, and in fact didn't even complete the first 5 minutes of it. still a lot of pain on his hip and oblique...

based on the injuries that we currently have, the final side that i think will take the field is

Hudson
Humphreys
Kelly
Berkers
Folau
Fletcher
Torpy
Mathiou
Ashby
Elliot
Wright
Schwass
Wilson

Colman
Gillham
Law
Clarke

Christian Mika has got an issue with his neck that if moved the wrong way send a sharp pain down his right arm and leg so he will more than likely be ruled out by doctors tomorrow i would say.

titan 2015
27-05-15, 09:25 AM
I simply cannot believe the the injury toll this team have had this year..From Berkers ankle to Coleman to Wilson to Hudson with concussions to Iodice shoulder (unfortunate retirement) to Watts with rib cartlidge now ankle, Spring has been out , Cartright and his leg Hayden Schwass nose gash, Torpy broke his hand againsts Newcastle, Daniel Schwass broke his thumb against the Warriors, Lawton with his hip at training, Mika with his neck, the list goes on and on. I wonder if other teams have had such bad luck.

BigRed88
27-05-15, 04:20 PM
Everyone sounds so disappointed lol. IMO this isn't such a bad team, obviously hard with all the injuries but is still a team able to win. D Schwass has his days so I'm not surprised he'l have too earn another shot seeing fletcher had a good game against sharks. Torpy is only staying because of lawton will be moving up in to intrust cup in the next week or two. GL will get a crack soon although I think he will be better off the bench and play fullback, shift Hudson back too centre and berkers into back row. My team for this week :
1- Hudson
2-humphries
3-kelly
4- berkers
5-Folau
6-fletcher
7-Torpy
8- Elliot
9- Lawton
10- mathiou
11-wright
12- Schwass
13- wilson
14- C Law
15- Dawson (debut)
16- coleman
17- Clarke/pelo/ gillham
18- tuiasau (if cleared)

BigRed88
27-05-15, 06:04 PM
Coleman will not play, hurt his ankle today. Lawton unlikely, gillham and Clarke I'd say will play and GL may get a bench spot over Dawson

RenegadeGC
27-05-15, 07:43 PM
Coleman will not play, hurt his ankle today. Lawton unlikely, gillham and Clarke I'd say will play and GL may get a bench spot over Dawson

lol daaaamn, people got some good inside information. are there players, partners, administrators floating around???

Waste to me to have GL on the bench, unless they go Berkers to backrow and GL into centres. Should just start him there :)

Hail Sezer
27-05-15, 10:24 PM

I'd just move Berkers to back row off the interchange and start GL at ctr? seems logical

Also mate I can't bring myself to agree with your exclusion of Schwass. He's the Cronk of our team and is the only half we have who can actually execute a game plan. If there's anything that Torpy can do that he can't then please inform me because I honestly haven't seen it

charged2go
27-05-15, 10:30 PM
Just a quick update on 'Colman' (no 'e') had an X-ray, no fracture in his ankle. will get an MRI once swelling goes down in the next couple of days to see if there is ligament damage or just a high ankle sprain.

Hail Sezer
27-05-15, 10:35 PM
And Keanu highly unlikely be debuting this weekend - trust me. I'd love to see it though

Hail Sezer
28-05-15, 11:53 AM
Burleigh colts annihilating redcliffe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce2SY5sPzrI

charged2go
28-05-15, 04:36 PM
GL to debut off bench against Rabbitohs

BigRed88
28-05-15, 05:02 PM
Hopefully Mika will be fine to play.. Lot of expectation on GL we need that X factor with our 20s team. I think he will be the man to bring that

mdrew
30-05-15, 02:16 PM
Quite a disappointing NYC performance. We are looking at our seventh season in a row in the bottom two. Yes there were some encouraging performances and a great debut in GL, but poor Woolf must be wondering what is going on. Decision making was not good.

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 02:32 PM
Yeah disappointing to lose and again it came down to the same things - impatience, stupid (really stupid) errors and a lack of a cool head out there to play out the game properly.

Promising signs:
-Brian Kelly at left centre. Superb.
-Deacons short kicking game
-Hayden Schwass overall game..he's gone to a new level this year
-The debut of GL who is raw but an attacking menace with potential galore
-Chris Law was good IMO

We need a change in the halves and need a leader out there who can lead the team around properly and I think we can all agree that Schwass is the man to do this.

We can be a much better team with a few selection tweaks. Its highly frustrating.

lonegull
30-05-15, 02:40 PM
Disappointing display some dumb decisions in the game really cost us, thought GL was good and will only get better, kelly outstanding in the centres but as HS said we need someone to take control in the halfs really lacked that leader in the last 10 minutes when the game was there for the taking, one thing I noticed and I don't like bagging our junior players but Folau was just terrible every time he took the ball up he just jogged up no real urgency and had a few bad reads in defence need a winger with a bit of spark

RenegadeGC
30-05-15, 06:55 PM
Tend to agree with everyone's comments. Torpy to me is a back rower. Lack of direction and control in terms of when the game is on the line. Lawton needs to stay at hooker. D Schwass and Fletcher in halves. GL needs to start as I've said before raw and exciting and provides some much needed xfactor (throw him in top grade with Roberts lol). Forward needs some more aggression and intimidation. Our front rowers lack it. With that being said give Jonah (as much as his discipline leaves a little to be desired) a shot he's tough big and doesn't take no crap. Same as Keanu Dawson. Both big and ruthless and won't back down.

1.GL
2.TRD
3.Huddo
4.Kelly
5.Mika
6.Fletcher
7. D Schwass
8. Oshea
9. Lawton
10. Elliott
11. Wright
12. H Schwass
13. Wilson
14. Dawson
15. J Haas
16. Berkers
17. Law

Just my 2 cents worth haha not that it means much or do I know much about footy. Haha just disappointed fan :)

charged2go
30-05-15, 09:53 PM
it was a disappointing performance, to me, the only front rower who is willing to put his body on the line and have a red hot crack is max elliot... He played some big minutes today and even when he was struggling big time he still came up with an effort to make a tackle or cart the ball up when no one else wanted to. Agree about tevita, don't think he realises his own size and strength. Lawton stay at hooker i agree with and chris law played a very good game for his first one back in the NYC. For my side i would trade out Mika for Humphreys, i think humphreys has more to offer than mika, he's played almost every game so far this year and has yet to amazed me... thats my 2 cents worth

mdrew
31-05-15, 01:26 PM
Burleigh Colts have beaten Tweed Colts 72-6, ouch, some obviously pushing for an NYC spot

lonegull
31-05-15, 03:36 PM
Burleigh Colts have beaten Tweed Colts 72-6, ouch, some obviously pushing for an NYC spot

Did Daniel Schwass play today

mdrew
31-05-15, 03:44 PM
Did Daniel Schwass play today

Yes mate he did and kicked a few goals

lonegull
31-05-15, 03:48 PM
Yes mate he did got a try and kicked a few goals

Surely he will be back in NYC next week

RenegadeGC
31-05-15, 04:56 PM
lol Burleigh Fogs 20s vs West Tigers NYC next week? ;)

Hail Sezer
31-05-15, 04:59 PM
lol Burleigh Fogs 20s vs West Tigers NYC next week? ;)

I honestly think that burleigh team would give our 20s a run for their money

BigRed88
31-05-15, 07:12 PM
Agree , torpy is a colts player. He does not offer anything in the halves and has more runs than our backrowers almost every game. I thought Shane gillham was our best front rower yesterday. Hopefully the give TRD or Keanu Dawson a run this week but highly unlikely seeing woolfy doesn't like using young players. After winning 3 games from 11 he has too make some big changes if he's serious about being top 8 contention. The season is slowly slipping away

charged2go
31-05-15, 09:59 PM
Agree , torpy is a colts player. He does not offer anything in the halves and has more runs than our backrowers almost every game. I thought Shane gillham was our best front rower yesterday. Hopefully the give TRD or Keanu Dawson a run this week but highly unlikely seeing woolfy doesn't like using young players. After winning 3 games from 11 he has too make some big changes if he's serious about being top 8 contention. The season is slowly slipping away

BigRed who would you like to see Torpy, i think the best aspect of his game is his kicking game but kicking alone can not warrant a guys spot in a team where you're suppose to lead and give direction whilst also making the right plays at the right time.... I agree, Gillham played his best game of the year so far and definitely deserves to hold his spot. I would like to see Keanu Dawson make his debut sometime in the next few weeks, especially after seeing him vs tweed in the colts, he runs hard, runs some good lines and is aggressive in defense which is what we need in our NYC team

BigRed88
01-06-15, 09:26 AM
Yes but deacon is also a good kicker. IMO they need to give ashby a run in the halves or just put Lawton back there where he can run the ball more. He had one run on the weekend, and he has been the best runner of the ball all year, he's a waste and just gets drained out from tackling all day. Our best half back was sacked this year in Sam Grant who is a class player. Our forward pack needs to stand up and should with the inclusion of a few players back this week

RenegadeGC
01-06-15, 10:20 AM
Agree with Charged. Give Dawson a crack. had a quiet MM season, but has been relentless in his form for Burleigh 20s. Will add that mongrel and aggression to the forward pack. I would love to see D. Schwass back in the halves, very composed and cool headed character, with a great kicking game along with organization. Leave Lawton in at hooker, just needs to pick and choose the right times he runs, Law did enough for me to keep him as back up on the bench.

Jerome Veve made a come back from injury and was fantastic for Burleigh 19s, few more games under his belt and would love to see him get a crack. A ball playing front rower with feet!!!

charged2go
01-06-15, 10:32 AM
Ashby played in the halves for tweed during their flogging by burleigh, didn't see too much ball but found himself taking over at hooker a lot for some un known reason, i don't think he's fit enough for NYC level

Hail Sezer
02-06-15, 07:30 PM
Gold Training under-20s coach Ben Woolf has some welcomed news with the return of centre Jed Cartwright and prop Oshea Tuiasau for Friday afternoon’s clash with Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

Among other changes in the side, Rory Humphreys returns to the wing in place of Tevita Folau, with Brian Kelly moving to the other wing from centre.

After an impressive debut after being a late inclusion against the Rabbitohs, 18-year-old Greg Lelesuiao wears the No. 14 jersey and will come into the backline at some stage of the match.

1 -Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 - Brian Kelly

3 – Jed Cartwright

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Deacon Fletcher

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Greg Lelesiuao

15 - Shane Gillham

16 – Chris Law

17 – Jackson Clarke

18 – Daymeric Pelo

19 – Sam Swift

- - - Updated - - -

Put Schwass at 7, start GL at fullback and put huddo at right centre and we will be onto a winner

charged2go
03-06-15, 06:01 PM
Gold Training under-20s coach Ben Woolf has some welcomed news with the return of centre Jed Cartwright and prop Oshea Tuiasau for Friday afternoon’s clash with Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval.

Among other changes in the side, Rory Humphreys returns to the wing in place of Tevita Folau, with Brian Kelly moving to the other wing from centre.

After an impressive debut after being a late inclusion against the Rabbitohs, 18-year-old Greg Lelesuiao wears the No. 14 jersey and will come into the backline at some stage of the match.

1 -Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 - Brian Kelly

3 – Jed Cartwright

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Deacon Fletcher

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Greg Lelesiuao

15 - Shane Gillham

16 – Chris Law

17 – Jackson Clarke

18 – Daymeric Pelo

19 – Sam Swift

- - - Updated - - -

Put Schwass at 7, start GL at fullback and put huddo at right centre and we will be onto a winner

Its a step in the right direction HS.

Hail Sezer
03-06-15, 06:09 PM
Its a step in the right direction HS.

I'm a step in the right direction C2G

charged2go
04-06-15, 09:40 AM
wrap it up HS,

titanfan2015
04-06-15, 12:10 PM

Totally agree with Schwass at 7. How long is Coleman out for? Hopefully when he returns he goes straight back into starting line & then we'll be on a winner

charged2go
04-06-15, 10:02 PM
Totally agree with Schwass at 7. How long is Coleman out for? Hopefully when he returns he goes straight back into starting line & then we'll be on a winner

Colman (no 'e') will be back hopefully for the manly game after the bye, reports are torn ligaments and bone bruising, approx 6 weeks which would be that manly game. in other news for tomorrow nights game, Rory Humphreys has injured his glute during captains run and will not longer be playing. GL will start on the wing and Daymeric Pelo will come onto the bench.

TITAN PETE
05-06-15, 05:30 PM

1 -Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 - Brian Kelly

3 – Jed Cartwright

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Deacon Fletcher

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Greg Lelesiuao

15 - Shane Gillham

16 – Chris Law

17 – Jackson Clarke

18 – Daymeric Pelo

19 – Sam Swift

- - - Updated - - -

Hudson is no fullback & is lucky to be in the squad on his recent form & Schwassy is being put behind what I can only say as "the 20's version of Zillman" in Torpy, shouldn't be considered for a Colts start.....

GL has IT & should be given a shot at 1

mdrew
05-06-15, 06:26 PM
Well done to Daymeric Pelo for his first NYC try, I have had the pleasure of watching him (and his brother) from U13's up, great to see a local junior come up and start to succeed.

charged2go
05-06-15, 09:44 PM
reports from the game... boys lost 34-32, it was a spirited performance to come that close to winning as the boys finished the game with a bare 13, Max elliot was injured in first 10 minutes, cartwright followed with his ongoing ankle injury, deacon fletcher then bowed out with a cork in the leg somewhere and the final injury was brian kelly which was a bad one, went into the fence, smashed his knee on the concrete and possible fractured patella. Hopefully they can regroup for next weeks clash. give some young players a crack. brian kellys injury may see the inclusion of humphreys/TRD/Sly, elliot being injured may open a door for swift...

K2G
05-06-15, 10:08 PM
reports from the game... boys lost 34-32, it was a spirited performance to come that close to winning as the boys finished the game with a bare 13, Max elliot was injured in first 10 minutes, cartwright followed with his ongoing ankle injury, deacon fletcher then bowed out with a cork in the leg somewhere and the final injury was brian kelly which was a bad one, went into the fence, smashed his knee on the concrete and possible fractured patella. Hopefully they can regroup for next weeks clash. give some young players a crack. brian kellys injury may see the inclusion of humphreys/TRD/Sly, elliot being injured may open a door for swift...

Cheers for the info C2G. Seems like a fair effort to end up with that score line, considering another harrowing injury list. On the upside, the boys must be getting used to playing with 13 by now! How did Oshae go?

Hoping Kelly's knee is better than expected. Amazing that GL has a try to his name in his second game, off the bench, a grade above for his age... Surely the titans lock him up asap.

Will be an interesting team list come tuesday.

Well done lads :thumbsup:

charged2go
05-06-15, 11:32 PM
Cheers for the info C2G. Seems like a fair effort to end up with that score line, considering another harrowing injury list. On the upside, the boys must be getting used to playing with 13 by now! How did Oshae go?

Hoping Kelly's knee is better than expected. Amazing that GL has a try to his name in his second game, off the bench, a grade above for his age... Surely the titans lock him up asap.

Will be an interesting team list come tuesday.

Well done lads :thumbsup:

I didn't see the game, I'm just going off what i was told by someone who was at the game... GL actually started on the wing as Rory Humphreys was ruled out on thursday at training.

mdrew
07-06-15, 02:11 PM
Dan Schwass with a double in yet another Burleigh Colts win, hopefully back in NYC soon

lonegull
07-06-15, 02:32 PM
Dan Schwass with a double in yet another Burleigh Colts win, hopefully back in NYC soon
Still can't fathom how he is not in NYC side surely the coach has got to start noticing that he deserves a shot, what i can't work out not rocket science

Hail Sezer
07-06-15, 05:25 PM

Still can't fathom how he is not in NYC side surely the coach has got to start noticing that he deserves a shot, what i can't work out not rocket science

He had a few try assists today as well. Needs to be in there

TITAN PETE
07-06-15, 07:37 PM

He had a few try assists today as well. Needs to be in there

Maybe Woolfe is another Cartwright & hasn't got a farken clue....

lonegull
09-06-15, 06:27 PM
Finally Schwass named in the NYC bout time

Hail Sezer
09-06-15, 07:33 PM
That backline is so gun..

Our Gold Training under-20s have had further injury setbacks with centre Jed Cartwright and five-eighth Deacon Fletcher ruled out of Sunday’s clash with the Bulldogs and Brian Kelly in some doubt.

All three were injured in Friday’s narrow loss to Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval along with Max Elliott, which left Ben Woolf’s side undermanned yet again, with just the bare 13 players for the last 10 minutes.

Greg Lelesiuao, the 18-year-old who had been impressive in his two appearances in the under-20s, will wear the No. 1 jersey after playing much of the Tigers match there, with Shaun Hudson moving to the centres.

Daniel Schwass will play at five-eighth with Karl Lawton, strong there earlier in the season, staying at hooker.

1 - Greg Lelesiuao

2 - Brian Kelly

3 – Shaun Hudson (capt)

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Daymeric Pelo

16 – Jackson Clarke

17 – Chris Law

18 – Brett Stratton

I don't even think Lawto will play, was named for Tweed in Qcup

TITAN PETE
09-06-15, 09:21 PM
That backline is so gun..

Our Gold Training under-20s have had further injury setbacks with centre Jed Cartwright and five-eighth Deacon Fletcher ruled out of Sunday’s clash with the Bulldogs and Brian Kelly in some doubt.

All three were injured in Friday’s narrow loss to Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval along with Max Elliott, which left Ben Woolf’s side undermanned yet again, with just the bare 13 players for the last 10 minutes.

Greg Lelesiuao, the 18-year-old who had been impressive in his two appearances in the under-20s, will wear the No. 1 jersey after playing much of the Tigers match there, with Shaun Hudson moving to the centres.

Daniel Schwass will play at five-eighth with Karl Lawton, strong there earlier in the season, staying at hooker.

1 - Greg Lelesiuao

2 - Brian Kelly

3 – Shaun Hudson (capt)

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Daymeric Pelo

16 – Jackson Clarke

17 – Chris Law

18 – Brett Stratton

I don't even think Lawto will play, was named for Tweed in Qcup

Dan Schwass has been named for Burleigh too but I don't think he'll be playing at Pizzey Park this weekend

Hail Sezer
09-06-15, 09:24 PM
Dan Schwass has been named for Burleigh too but I don't think he'll be playing at Pizzey Park this weekend

He certainly won't. Has enough try assists for Burleigh to last him a few seasons..

charged2go
09-06-15, 10:11 PM

Dan Schwass will not be playing at Pizzey Park this weekend lol.

No news on where lawton will play just yet, trained with NRL Squad today.

Rory Humphreys still has to pass fitness test but is confident, and Brian Kelly needs to pass fitness test too.

If both are unfit could there be a chance that we see the debut of TRD ???

RenegadeGC
10-06-15, 08:47 AM
D Schwass is overrated to me, too fat and slow. And hes the uglier of the twins. Hahaha.

But in all seriousness, super stoked to see a few changes and schwassy back in the halves. GL, TRD and so forth will bring in enthusiasm. Hopeefully the lads can get the 'W' and go into next weekends game against the Warriors with some confidence and belief.

titanfan2015
10-06-15, 09:20 AM
Colman (no 'e') will be back hopefully for the manly game after the bye, reports are torn ligaments and bone bruising, approx 6 weeks which would be that manly game. in other news for tomorrow nights game, Rory Humphreys has injured his glute during captains run and will not longer be playing. GL will start on the wing and Daymeric Pelo will come onto the bench.

C2G you seem to be in the know, do you think Colman will get his spot back on return from injury. Seems like we need his defence as seems to be lacking in that area....imo

charged2go
10-06-15, 02:14 PM
C2G you seem to be in the know, do you think Colman will get his spot back on return from injury. Seems like we need his defence as seems to be lacking in that area....imo

Titanfan that is a question that i do not have a question for. I would like to see him take his spot back but we will just have to wait and see

Hail Sezer
10-06-15, 02:37 PM
Titanfan that is a question that i do not have a question for. I would like to see him take his spot back but we will just have to wait and see

an answer would be all good though if you've got one of those

charged2go
13-06-15, 01:05 PM
Update on 20s team... Brian Kelly out, Tyrone-Roberts Davis will make his debut for the Titans NYC side on the wing.
Some of you may not know but Karl Lawton was 18th man for NRL if Sezer didn't make it through their final run he would have made his debut for the NRL side off the bench, however Sezer made it through training and will play for our NYC side. The side to play is.

GL
TRD
Hudson
Berkers
Humphreys
Schwass
Torpy
Tuisau
Lawton
Elliot
Wright
Schwass
Wilson

Gillham
Pelo
Stratton
Law

Hail Sezer
13-06-15, 01:17 PM
Strong team with some youthful enthusiasm. Daniel Schwass to have a field day against guy Hamilton and TRd to score a try on debut

RenegadeGC
13-06-15, 01:29 PM
Please Schwassy give it to Hamo lol lol kid means well and can play but has an ego like mundine crossed with Money Mayweather

TITAN PETE
14-06-15, 09:43 AM
Please Schwassy give it to Hamo lol lol kid means well and can play but has an ego like mundine crossed with Money Mayweather

Schwassy will sort him out but it won't be Dan :fight: , he'll be too busy putting GL away for another try :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
14-06-15, 03:10 PM
Terrible play from a few players atm 17-10 8 to go

Hail Sezer
14-06-15, 03:37 PM
Terrible play from a few players atm 17-10 8 to go

Eagerly awaiting a review from someone very close to the action. Wanting to know what happened..no excuses in terms of our roster this week

TITAN PETE
14-06-15, 07:16 PM
I will say that my constant bagging of the 20's version of Zillman will continue after today , 6 times I counted that when the ball was heading towards the right hand side with 5 men on the outside the current no7 threw a dummy every time & stepped left with not one single defender being beaten, a bad kick from Dan had the midget Hamilton picking up the ball & racing 90 meters to score under the posts when the score was 10-10, heads were dropped after that & the final score was 23-10

Josh B was outstanding after starting in the centres & then moving to lock , Greg L shows a lot of promise with one very good carry that would have lead to a try if not for a good tackle, most of the forwards played ok but we're out monstered

Should be much easier against the Bro's next week :surprise:

Dan the titan
15-06-15, 07:23 AM
Well gotta update from my brother who watched the game and he said our halves were s@#t and said thats being nice.Our forwards in his words were not monstered at all and said with J Berkers going to lock added more spark to our attack then Wilson.He said our back 3 went well and said the boys should have won by 40 with a few refs calls going against them turning the momentum in favour of the Bulldogs.Hamilton was the difference in his opinion and outplayed both of our halves.Anyway cant wait to come home and watch them play the Warriors this week..

BigRed88
15-06-15, 04:19 PM
Feel very sorry for this group of boys. Can't seem to take a trick, Woolfy needs to wake up and drop torpy, all this talk about D schwass and he plays like that, terrible halves paring. H Schwass is the one who should be getting recognized not him. The halves let the team down once again and Lawton should be in the halves with d ashby or fletcher. Law to start at hooker and Jenan off the bench. i also didn't think the forwards were monstered, they stuck it too them and back couldn't capitalize. Oh well warriors next week, they are lucky sipley isn't playing ��

Hail Sezer
15-06-15, 04:29 PM
Feel very sorry for this group of boys. Can't seem to take a trick, Woolfy needs to wake up and drop torpy, all this talk about D schwass and he plays like that, terrible halves paring. H Schwass is the one who should be getting recognized not him. The halves let the team down once again and Lawton should be in the halves with d ashby or fletcher. Law to start at hooker and Jenan off the bench. i also didn't think the forwards were monstered, they stuck it too them and back couldn't capitalize. Oh well warriors next week, they are lucky sipley isn't playing ��

Your post lost its credibility when you suggested Ashby in the halves

titan 2015
15-06-15, 05:17 PM
On Sunday I went to watch Tweed play in QCup and it was there that I learned of the passing of another talented young footballer. I then read the crap that you people talk on this forum about these young players and you are no better than internet trolls. These young men do not get paid big dollars to play this game they love but you d*******s think you can crucify them via social media for not being up to your standards. With so many young vunerable people finding the stresses in not only daily life but in the football arena hard to handle idiots like you voicing their IMO statements are a joke. Give these boys a break let them enjoy the ride that they are on and the experiences they get to have I am sure they are there own hardest critics they do not need keyboard crusaders cutting them at knees. If you are a parent behind these comments than what a disgraceful role model you are and if you are a player(and I would hope your not) than you are not a leader

titan 2015
15-06-15, 06:19 PM
Oh and I did notice the post that was just deleted,so if you wanted to ban me from commenting that's your prerogative but at least I am not negative to these young men!!

Hail Sezer
15-06-15, 06:27 PM
Oh and I did notice the post that was just deleted,so if you wanted to ban me from commenting that's your prerogative but at least I am not negative to these young men!!

You're right. I removed my post because I wanted to give you a chance to review your post in case you posted when you were heated. Looks like you're sticking with it.

If you abuse other forum members, you will be banned. Simple. I admire your ongoing positivity but the entire purpose of a forum is to provide a foundation for discussion. That means everyone is entitled to share their opinion. I respect that you are likely a parent of a player who is taking this all to heart but please, be reasonable and control yourself.

And Titan 2015 - don't you ever come here accusing us of contributing to mental illness with our posts. I'm personally highly committed to making a difference with regard to the current stigma in society, as are many others here, and what your post implies is quite frankly disgusting.

Reddyred
15-06-15, 08:09 PM
You're right. I removed my post because I wanted to give you a chance to review your post in case you posted when you were heated. Looks like you're sticking with it.

If you abuse other forum members, you will be banned. Simple. I admire your ongoing positivity but the entire purpose of a forum is to provide a foundation for discussion. That means everyone is entitled to share their opinion. I respect that you are likely a parent of a player who is taking this all to heart but please, be reasonable and control yourself.

And Titan 2015 - don't you ever come here accusing us of contributing to mental illness with our posts. I'm personally highly committed to making a difference with regard to the current stigma in society, as are many others here, and what your post implies is quite frankly disgusting.

I dont post often but felt compelled to do so. I agree with HS and my main point is please please, Titan 2015, understand this forum and post do not contribute to someones mental health issues. I appreciate your comments also.

charged2go
16-06-15, 09:51 AM
This forum is a base for discussion and by no means are we contributing to someones mental health... I, myself am a strong ambassador for LIVIN which is a charity who are working to raise the awareness of mental health and to beat the stigma that surrounds it especially in young sporting athletes.

However, back to the game... I myself believe that for 65 minutes of the game our boys were in complete control of the game and it was the one try off a deflection against the run of play that broke the game apart and as Titan Pete stated heads were dropped and it was visible from the stands. Hopefully the boys can re group and make a run for the finals... It will be a tough gig if they were to pull it off but I believe we need to start having some belief in the team that takes the field every week and with belief comes success.

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 09:19 PM
Our Gold Training under-20s will field an unchanged starting side against the fifth-placed Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium this Saturday (3:10pm).

There has been a shuffle of the extended bench with Delayne Ashby, Jackson Clarke and Sam Swift included after Brett Stratton suffered an ankle injury that is likely to sideline him for two months.

Coach Ben Woolf is still missing a string of regular players in Jed Cartwright, Ethan Page, Anthony Colman, Nathan Watts, Zac Spring, Brian Kelly and Deacon Fletcher.

1 - Greg Lelesiuao

2 – Tyrone Roberts-Davis

3 – Shaun Hudson (capt)

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Chris Law

16 – Daymeric Pelo

17 – Delayne Ashby

18 – Jackson Clarke

19 – Sam Swift

www.titans.com.au

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see TRD still there, that's a dangerous back 3. GL did some freakish things in the last game, as did TRD...both give us a new level of enthusiasm and attacking potency

Also, after seeing Keanu Dawson tonight..he surely can't be far off NYC?

TITAN PETE
17-06-15, 09:19 PM
Our Gold Training under-20s will field an unchanged starting side against the fifth-placed Warriors at Cbus Super Stadium this Saturday (3:10pm).

There has been a shuffle of the extended bench with Delayne Ashby, Jackson Clarke and Sam Swift included after Brett Stratton suffered an ankle injury that is likely to sideline him for two months.

Coach Ben Woolf is still missing a string of regular players in Jed Cartwright, Ethan Page, Anthony Colman, Nathan Watts, Zac Spring, Brian Kelly and Deacon Fletcher.

1 - Greg Lelesiuao

2 – Tyrone Roberts-Davis

3 – Shaun Hudson (capt)

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Rory Humphreys

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Karl Lawton

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Chris Law

16 – Daymeric Pelo

17 – Delayne Ashby

18 – Jackson Clarke

19 – Sam Swift

www.titans.com.au

Swifty has to get a start & you wouldn't think both Law & Ashby would be on the bench I'd go with the midget he looks to be someone worth following

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 09:24 PM
Swifty has to get a start & you wouldn't think both Law & Ashby would be on the bench I'd go with the midget he looks to be someone worth following

I chuckled but yeah I'd assume that's pretty indicative of Lawton playing Cup. And yeah swift been killing it for Burleigh colts

charged2go
17-06-15, 10:25 PM
I chuckled but yeah I'd assume that's pretty indicative of Lawton playing Cup. And yeah swift been killing it for Burleigh colts

Parahi Wilson ruled out with injury suffered against the Bulldogs. To be replaced by Jackson Clarke.
Lawton playing cup i believe (did not train tonight) which will see Law start and Ashby on the bench.
Stratton out due to fractured ankle and torn ligaments... Apparently out of Sam Swift and Rhys Duke as to who will play.

Watched the boys train against Burleighs Qld Cup side tonight and looked sharp and can hopefully take some confidence from that into this weekends game.

In other news Jed Cartwright is getting ankle surgery on Thursday morning which will end his season unfortunately.

TITAN PETE
17-06-15, 10:33 PM
Parahi Wilson ruled out with injury suffered against the Bulldogs. To be replaced by Jackson Clarke.
Lawton playing cup i believe (did not train tonight) which will see Law start and Ashby on the bench.
Stratton out due to fractured ankle and torn ligaments... Apparently out of Sam Swift and Rhys Duke as to who will play.

Watched the boys train against Burleighs Qld Cup side tonight and looked sharp and can hopefully take some confidence from that into this weekends game.

In other news Jed Cartwright is getting ankle surgery on Thursday morning which will end his season unfortunately.

Let's hope there was plenty of kicking practice going on tonight :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
20-06-15, 12:59 PM
Huddo will start at FB, GL wing, and they will switch during the game. That sees Humphreys go to centre.

Ashby starting hooker with Lawton playing cup

Dan the titan
20-06-15, 05:10 PM
Unlucky loss for the boys.1st game I have watched for a while.Our halves actually play for themselves when there was numerous times they took the wrong options.Our forwards battled well with H.Schwass the best for the team today.Greg l was good but I cant workout why they didnt go to Tyrone Davis R side more and when they did the inside players didnt pass.

TITAN PETE
21-06-15, 08:23 AM
The Boys played much better than previous weeks & agree that our forwards played great up against another monster pack but I thought Greg L was excellent when given the chance & his try showed what he can do but not sure where the comment of the halves play for themselves as Dan Schwass had a hand in 3 tries on the left where as the 20's version of TP plays entirely for himself, Jackson Clarke had a great defensive game & Hudson was strong, would love to see Roberts get some early ball too

Dan the titan
21-06-15, 09:01 AM
The Boys played much better than previous weeks & agree that our forwards played great up against another monster pack but I thought Greg L was excellent when given the chance & his try showed what he can do but not sure where the comment of the halves play for themselves as Dan Schwass had a hand in 3 tries on the left where as the 20's version of TP plays entirely for himself, Jackson Clarke had a great defensive game & Hudson was strong, would love to see Roberts get some early ball too

Yes D Schwass did pass to play a part in 3 tries but a few times he could have kicked for his outside players he kicks for himself.Twice Tyrone was pointing to the corner for the kick he would of scored but Schwass kicked for himself.Thats only what I saw and I havent had a chance to see as much games as alot of other members but I think the team lacks direction in crucial moments of the game when needed.

RenegadeGC
21-06-15, 09:13 AM
Was never going to be an easy task for the boys. The Warriors side is huge. We were dominated in the middle through lack of size. Warriors were able to find their fronts and get quick play the balls. A credit the boys that they were in the hunt to win. Just a few basic errors in play the balls and loose carries. They could have easily laid down and let the Warriors run over top of them. But they put up a fight.

GL was great apart from one knock on from a grabber that led to a try. D Schwass was good for me. The shape they had in terms of attacking that led to the 3 tries was fantastic.
Be good to see some mongrel in the middle maybe give Dawson and Jonah Hass a Crack they may add some stauncness in the moddle

Dan the titan
21-06-15, 10:37 AM
Well no suprise the same guys thought Schwassy was good but its not mongrel they need its brains when the team needs it.Sam Grant who wasnt signed was imo a better half then both halves in there now.

Hail Sezer
21-06-15, 11:14 AM
Well no suprise the same guys thought Schwassy was good but its not mongrel they need its brains when the team needs it.Sam Grant who wasnt signed was imo a better half then both halves in there now.

You mad because he stole your first name or something? They're saying he was good because he was good and deserves the praise. Did you expect him to do everything? Well tbh yesterday he pretty much did with assistance from GL, Berkers and TRD. He's a good player and IMO our most promising half in u20's..credit where it's due

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree with RGC - we need mongrel because we are constantly getting steamed through the middle. No issue scoring points.

RenegadeGC
21-06-15, 11:53 AM
Halves are only as good as the platform that your forwards lay. If you your forwards are getting belted in the middle and not dominating the ruck then it makes the halves job a hell of a lot harder.

Dan the titan
21-06-15, 12:24 PM
You mad because he stole your first name or something? They're saying he was good because he was good and deserves the praise. Did you expect him to do everything? Well tbh yesterday he pretty much did with assistance from GL, Berkers and TRD. He's a good player and IMO our most promising half in u20's..credit where it's due

- - - Updated - - -

And I agree with RGC - we need mongrel because we are constantly getting steamed through the middle. No issue scoring points.

Hahaha yeah pissed off Dan stole my name,Hayden was awesome so theres where I gave credit.Ill leave and never return just in case you experts get offended by my posts.Anyway good to watch the boys live again and hope they can string some wins together to end the year how they started.RGC I agree about forwards laying the platform but when you defend so much because you cant hold onto the pill it makes it hard alright.TRD touched the ball 6 times..2 were when he took the conversions HS.

Hail Sezer
21-06-15, 12:30 PM
Hahaha yeah pissed off Dan stole my name,Hayden was awesome so theres where I gave credit.Ill leave and never return just in case you experts get offended by my posts.Anyway good to watch the boys live again and hope they can string some wins together to end the year how they started.RGC I agree about forwards laying the platform but when you defend so much because you cant hold onto the pill it makes it hard alright.TRD touched the ball 6 times..2 were when he took the conversions HS.

You're going to leave because we disagree with your opinion? Come on mate that's what the point of a forum is haha. Not taking offence..just giving our opinions as you are!

TRD is a beast for sure

TITAN PETE
21-06-15, 12:46 PM

We all have our own opinions about who we beleive have played well but you yourself said you haven't watched the 20's play much so maybe you should watch more games.

In regards to Sam Grant he is an excellent player who I agree he should be in the Titans squad but considering he's playing in arguably the best u19's team in the country & the Bears have destroyed everyone (forgiving yesterday's draw due many players out) in their path , he's not in a bad place for his age & like Dan he has played Intrust Cup which is fantastic for both, I'm sure the 2 will be paired up again this season (barring injury) when the Colts play in the semi's & maybe even a Intrust game.

RenegadeGC
21-06-15, 12:59 PM

Haha don't leaaaaaave. It's all good chat and everyone is entitled to their opinion lol unless we nyc or nrl coaches then none of us are but couch coaches. And the more people talking about the side the better :)

Burleigh 20s is a great platform for those boys and as we have stated before other clubs will be circling them boys ;)

charged2go
21-06-15, 03:33 PM
We all have our own opinions about who we beleive have played well but you yourself said you haven't watched the 20's play much so maybe you should watch more games.

In regards to Sam Grant he is an excellent player who I agree he should be in the Titans squad but considering he's playing in arguably the best u19's team in the country & the Bears have destroyed everyone (forgiving yesterday's draw due many players out) in their path , he's not in a bad place for his age & like Dan he has played Intrust Cup which is fantastic for both, I'm sure the 2 will be paired up again this season (barring injury) when the Colts play in the semi's & maybe even a Intrust game.

Sam Grant has only played as high as local A grade, hasn't debuted in the qld cup but I'm sure he will sometime this year

BigRed88
22-06-15, 10:27 AM
I didn't think our forwards were bad at all, they have lost a lot of punch with iodice, page, wats out but they have a decent dig. They haven't got much intimidating men in the middle besides IMO tuiasau who is only just coming back from injury and has been instrumental while being back. We need some more young blood , hopefully Dawson can get a shot and bring some of that mongrel in to the team.

charged2go
22-06-15, 10:43 AM
I didn't think our forwards were bad at all, they have lost a lot of punch with iodice, page, wats out but they have a decent dig. They haven't got much intimidating men in the middle besides IMO tuiasau who is only just coming back from injury and has been instrumental while being back. We need some more young blood , hopefully Dawson can get a shot and bring some of that mongrel in to the team.

I agree, tuisau has been very good since returning, however other forwards have not matched his physicalness or his intensity other than max elliot who gives his 110% every game and is not the biggest of the bunch. For me i think there are just some that when the going gets tough they are looking for a way out and not putting there hand up to do the work for the bloke next to them. Don't get me wrong, effort is there for 90% of the game, its just at crucial times the effort seems to lack especially around the middle. Hopefully Dawson gets a crack and proves his worth and adds some extra mongrel and hard work to the group and they can feed off the youngsters energy.

Titanic
22-06-15, 11:09 AM
Have to agree whoever played left wing was pretty lonely.

TITAN PETE
22-06-15, 11:38 AM
Have to agree whoever played left wing was pretty lonely.

Tyrone Roberts

RenegadeGC
22-06-15, 11:44 AM
Yip Yip Yip, I agree that the boys don't lack effort, we just dont have an out and out mongrel who is an intimidating presence. If i was playing against our 20s I wouldnt be to worried if I was a forward knowing there isnt anyone really who can put a big shot on or who can bend the line. We have a lot of grafting hard working forwards.

Hail Sezer
22-06-15, 11:48 AM
Have heard a whisper and i wouldn't expect Dawson to be playing in the near future

RenegadeGC
22-06-15, 11:53 AM
Have heard a whisper and i wouldn't expect Dawson to be playing in the near future

Care to elaborate?? @Mdrew know anything @C2G??? I want to see that beast have a crack.

BigRed88
22-06-15, 12:25 PM
Dawson to sort out family ties in NZ for rest of the year. I'd say he will debut for warriors lol

charged2go
22-06-15, 12:34 PM
Dawson to sort out family ties in NZ for rest of the year. I'd say he will debut for warriors lol

news to me... disappointing that we're losing possibly our most promising up and coming forward, maybe this will open the door for young sam elliot to come into the side who is just as hard working and relentless as his older brother who is currently in the side max. good luck to keanu if these whispers are true.

mdrew
22-06-15, 02:48 PM
It is very frustrating to be a supporter of the titans some times even with the elite squads we can not compete. The titans really need to utilize the resources of people who have offered to help

charged2go
23-06-15, 10:00 PM
Our Gold Training under-20s hope welcome back key men Brian Kelly and Parahi Wilson to the side to take on Sydney Roosters on Sunday as injuries mount within the squad, similar to the NRL situation.

The young Titans had 10 players unavailable last weekend but the pair have been selected, subject to fitness tests later in the week.

Kelly goes onto the wing with Rory Humphreys heading into the centres with regular centre Jed Cartwright, who aggravated an ongoing ankle injury in the round 14 clash with Wests Tigers, out for the season after undergoing surgery.

Delayne Ashby will start at hooker with Karl Lawton playing for Tweed Heads in the Intrust Super Cup for a second week to give him senior experience.

1 - Shaun Hudson (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 – Rory Humphreys

4 - Josh Berkers

5 – Greg Lelesiuao

6 – Daniel Schwass

7 - Brayden Torpy

8 – Oshea Tuiasua

9 – Delayne Ashby

10 - Max Elliott

11 - Shane Wright

12 - Hayden Schwass

Interchange:

14 – Shane Gillham

15 - Daymeric Pelo

16 – Rhys Duke

17 – Chris Law

18 – Jackson Clarke

Was very surprised to see TRD dropped for Kelly, however it was always going to happen given the amount of excitement Kelly brings to the team. Kelly still does need to pass a fitness test later in the week, but should pass with flying colours. Expect Parahi Wilson to pass his fitness test later in the week. Hopefully the boys can get the job done against a roosters outfit that lost to the Dragons on Monday night.

RenegadeGC
24-06-15, 08:04 AM
Very surprised to see no TRD. Rory can play and has been solid enough. But TRD looks dangerous every time he gets the ball.

GL vs Latrell Mitchell is a mouth watering contest :)

Hail Sezer
24-06-15, 10:01 AM
Daily Telegraph did a "Who's Hot" on every club.

GL from our Under 20's took the cake for us:

TITANS

Who’s hot: The Gold Coast’s under-20s side is a bit of a mess but fullback Greg Leleisiuao continues to make every post a winner.

Blessed with a powerful build and a low centre of gravity, Lelesiuao is like a battering ram at the back for the Titans and is consistently their best attacking player.

Lelesiuao charged for 219 metres gained during Saturday’s loss to the Warriors from just 14 carries and capped off an excellent all around display with a consolation try in the 72nd minute.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-lowdown-round-16-whos-on-the-cusp-and-whos-on-the-block-at-your-club/story-fnp0lyn3-1227410903054

- - - Updated - - -

Kept reading and man the author is ruthless with the "Who's Not" sections. Most is warranted though, just rare to see it put out there like that.

TITAN PETE
25-06-15, 11:02 AM
Daily Telegraph did a "Who's Hot" on every club.

GL from our Under 20's took the cake for us:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-lowdown-round-16-whos-on-the-cusp-and-whos-on-the-block-at-your-club/story-fnp0lyn3-1227410903054

- - - Updated - - -

Kept reading and man the author is ruthless with the "Who's Not" sections. Most is warranted though, just rare to see it put out there like that.

What a shame the coach wasn't happy with the 219 meters gained & has picked him on the wing this week ...

Hail Sezer
25-06-15, 11:04 AM
What a shame the coach wasn't happy with the 219 meters gained & has picked him on the wing this week ...

They did the same thing last week I think mate, they rotate on attack/defence

RenegadeGC
25-06-15, 11:28 AM
GL plays on the wing/Centre in attack then swaps during defense and kick returns. Not a bad ploy, GL still has a lot to learn in terms of attacking shape and having the ability to square up and pass. He is however fantastic with ball in hand and as a runner.

charged2go
25-06-15, 09:29 PM
Brian Kelly is out with his knee injury until after next weeks bye. meaning TRD will hold his spot on the left wing.

TITAN PETE
25-06-15, 10:24 PM
They did the same thing last week I think mate, they rotate on attack/defence

He deserves the no1 jersey :thumbsup:

titanfan2015
26-06-15, 10:53 AM
Hopefully after the bye our original team from Round 1 will be back, most of the injured players should be available...eg. Kelly, Colman, Spring, Watts. IMO having these players back will make the difference. Hopefully coach will start Colman as think we need his defence as that's where we are lacking, could of won some of those close games but defence wasn't good enough.

charged2go
26-06-15, 04:59 PM
Hopefully after the bye our original team from Round 1 will be back, most of the injured players should be available...eg. Kelly, Colman, Spring, Watts. IMO having these players back will make the difference. Hopefully coach will start Colman as think we need his defence as that's where we are lacking, could of won some of those close games but defence wasn't good enough.

As far as i know Watts and Kelly are almost definitely back after the bye, Colman may be another week and Spring needs more scans, could be another month or so.

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 10:55 AM
20's televised today, 11:45am

watch

lonegull
28-06-15, 11:58 AM
Not a great start to the game,the size of the roosters is unreal makes they make the Titans look small

- - - Updated - - -

Gee the refs are one sided In this one, not getting anything from them what so ever

Titans have plenty of shirt grabbers not keen on tackling

lonegull
28-06-15, 12:10 PM
Titans score through TRD, great effort they are hanging in 10-4 roosters

- - - Updated - - -

The young guns are on fire Greg L in to score and the Titans go back to back 10 all

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 12:16 PM
Im at work so cant watch..got it recorded.

Go GL and TRD ya young guns. Big game from Schwass (x2) coming i reckon too

lonegull
28-06-15, 12:26 PM
And with that try to d Schwass Titans hit lead, seems as though the roosters have run out of gas, Titans look a lot more enthusiastic leading into half time 16-10

lonegull
28-06-15, 12:45 PM
Gee law has been good since he came on into the hooker position has really got the Titans goon forward and created opportunities with his darts out of dummy half

- - - Updated - - -

huddo goes in from a tap on his own 20, this after Greg L goes over but pinged for double movement 22-10

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 12:47 PM
Sounds like GL, Huddo killing it. Hearing Schwass' influence has been superb as well and notable

lonegull
28-06-15, 12:54 PM
Greg L carving up, another 60metre run, Schwass sets up Berkers and the Titans in again 30-10

- - - Updated - - -

TRD in for a double, all started from Law who has been dynamic out of dummy half 34-10

mdrew
28-06-15, 12:54 PM
Great performance well done lads

lonegull
28-06-15, 01:16 PM
LOL refs just got Daniel and Hayden mixed up

- - - Updated - - -

Roosters hit back 34-16 14 to go

- - - Updated - - -

Roosters in again tense finish coming up 34-22 this after Berkers looses it over the line up the other end

- - - Updated - - -

And there in again 34-28 three tries in 5 minutes

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 01:17 PM
Hastings can you not pls

lonegull
28-06-15, 01:19 PM
And there in again no stopping roosters, Titans can't take a trick 34-34 with 5 to go

Geeman
28-06-15, 01:20 PM
Wow, not sure if this is a great comeback from the Roosters or a massive fail from the Titans - I thougvht we had this in the bag 20 mins ago...

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 01:23 PM
Wow, not sure if this is a great comeback from the Roosters or a massive fail from the Titans - I thougvht we had this in the bag 20 mins ago...

it's 20's, momentum swings like this happen every week believe it or not haha. Crazy.

lonegull
28-06-15, 01:23 PM
We're gone be lucky to survive this set from the roosters

Geeman
28-06-15, 01:24 PM
Jeez, it's hard enough watching the NRL boys, I don't think I can cope with watching 20's too much... - And in the time it has taken me to type this, we are winning again!!!

lonegull
28-06-15, 01:28 PM
Well this game has it all short kick of and we are in through Greg L 30 seconds left 40-35

- - - Updated - - -

And that's it what a game we win God almighty it had everything

K2G
28-06-15, 01:30 PM
well that was a f*cking heart attack to watch!!

GREAT game of footy, maybe my fav all year including NRL games. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Well done lads, applauding the effort today.

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 01:41 PM
I didnt even see the game but found my heart going nuts

well done lads

cheers K2G for the updates on fb. 10/10

Mexican titan
28-06-15, 01:46 PM
I didnt even see the game but found my heart going nuts

well done lads

cheers K2G for the updates on fb. 10/10

Impossible to describe what happened. Amazing - just watch it HS.

RenegadeGC
28-06-15, 05:08 PM
Awesome win by the boys and a confidence booster that's for sure. However, lol and not meaning to be a downer to almost lose after being up 34-10 isn't good lol I know it's 20s but need to still have that killer instinct and mentality to shut out games.

Anywho congrats, I'm glad Hail Sezer man crush GL played well lol lol lol ;)

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 05:10 PM
Awesome win by the boys and a confidence booster that's for sure. However, lol and not meaning to be a downer to almost lose after being up 34-10 isn't good lol I know it's 20s but need to still have that killer instinct and mentality to shut out games.

Anywho congrats, I'm glad Hail Sezer man crush GL played well lol lol lol ;)

<3

TITAN PETE
28-06-15, 06:14 PM
Great win by the boys & a great game by Dan Schwass who im sure has either a couple of broken ribs or plenty of bruising , I loved Hastings carrying on like a Tosser after kicking the field goal before letting in the winning try br Delayne :fist:

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 07:35 PM
Managed to give the game a watch. Wow.

That final take by Hayden was clutch and the confidence of GL to score the match winning try was superb. The commentators couldn't get enough of him either. Absolute weapon.

Everyone played their part but I think a few deserve special mention.
Firstly Huddo - superb workrate, 217m, 6 tackle busts, 1 try, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak and a linebreak assist.
TRD - Kid can finish...made a nice break as well and showed he is capable of breaking tackles, good fend on him. Excellent for 3rd game in NYC.
Rory Humphreys - has the best leg drive in the team and always makes yards after contact. Impressive line break as well, going through the jr kiwis centre to set GL up for his first try.
Dan Schwass - Such a smooth operator. try, TA, LBA, LB of his own and most importantly got in the head of their #13
Oshae Tuiasau - Good metres (147) combined with 4 offloads to allow for 2nd phase play where we thrive.
Hayden Schwass - I'd give this guy player of the year at the moment. Made 51 tackles and was his clutch catch off the kick off that got us in the position to win it. Gun.
GL - Freak. 219m, 2 tries (1 disallowed), 7 tackle busts, 1 offload ad 2 linebreaks.
Chris Law deserves to be starting hooker as well.

Honestly though everyone put in, those were just the ones that stood out to me. I hope these boys take confidence out of that win because they just beat a side with Jackson Hastings and a bunch of junior kiwis in there as well. Well done.

NYCDB
28-06-15, 08:47 PM
GL was outstanding. Averaging 218 (!!!!) metres a game this year. I really like the look of Roberts-Davis as well. I know he's still young, but looks like he already has an NRL body.

Out of selfish Origin interest, who is GL eligible for? Kiwi or Qld/NSW? Admittedly, hadn't heard of him before this season.

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 09:08 PM
GL was outstanding. Averaging 218 (!!!!) metres a game this year. I really like the look of Roberts-Davis as well. I know he's still young, but looks like he already has an NRL body.

Out of selfish Origin interest, who is GL eligible for? Kiwi or Qld/NSW? Admittedly, hadn't heard of him before this season.

TRD has really stepped up since making NYC grade. Looks the goods...classy finisher. Both him and GL still have another 2 years of u20's eligiblity after this year (so 2015, 2016 and 2017).

Renegade will be able to answer that second one for you but it's good to see you round this forum NYCDB..big fan of your work towards covering the U20's comp

RenegadeGC
28-06-15, 09:15 PM
GL is kiwi eligible. Has been in QLD for lasts couple of years. Played at souths Logan mm last year and also Woodridge.

DavidBouveng
28-06-15, 09:50 PM
hey guys, any way to watch this replay.

Hail Sezer
28-06-15, 09:55 PM
hey guys, any way to watch this replay.

Here are the highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnO-vmvBJ-4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EnO-vmvBJ-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

titanfan2015
29-06-15, 09:47 AM
Managed to give the game a watch. Wow.

That final take by Hayden was clutch and the confidence of GL to score the match winning try was superb. The commentators couldn't get enough of him either. Absolute weapon.

Everyone played their part but I think a few deserve special mention.
Firstly Huddo - superb workrate, 217m, 6 tackle busts, 1 try, 1 try assist, 1 linebreak and a linebreak assist.
TRD - Kid can finish...made a nice break as well and showed he is capable of breaking tackles, good fend on him. Excellent for 3rd game in NYC.
Rory Humphreys - has the best leg drive in the team and always makes yards after contact. Impressive line break as well, going through the jr kiwis centre to set GL up for his first try.
Dan Schwass - Such a smooth operator. try, TA, LBA, LB of his own and most importantly got in the head of their #13
Oshae Tuiasau - Good metres (147) combined with 4 offloads to allow for 2nd phase play where we thrive.
Hayden Schwass - I'd give this guy player of the year at the moment. Made 51 tackles and was his clutch catch off the kick off that got us in the position to win it. Gun.
GL - Freak. 219m, 2 tries (1 disallowed), 7 tackle busts, 1 offload ad 2 linebreaks.
Chris Law deserves to be starting hooker as well.

Honestly though everyone put in, those were just the ones that stood out to me. I hope these boys take confidence out of that win because they just beat a side with Jackson Hastings and a bunch of junior kiwis in there as well. Well done.

Agree with your picks, Huddo was best on ground IMO. Was at game so hard not to have the advantage of watching on TV. Thought there was a couple who went missing in action, especially in defense but good to get the win

charged2go
29-06-15, 06:08 PM
Well what a heart attack game that was to watch. Jackson Hastings almost single handedly beat our boys. However credit to the boys to not give up after the field goal. I thought the 20 minutes before and after half time was the best footy i have seen our boys play this year.

Going to be very interesting to see selections for the Manly game as Colman, Watts, Spring and Kelly are expected to be fit to play.

RenegadeGC
29-06-15, 06:57 PM
Well what a heart attack game that was to watch. Jackson Hastings almost single handedly beat our boys. However credit to the boys to not give up after the field goal. I thought the 20 minutes before and after half time was the best footy i have seen our boys play this year.

Going to be very interesting to see selections for the Manly game as Colman, Watts, Spring and Kelly are expected to be fit to play.

Definitely be interesting to see the make up of the squad. Haha heart attack for the supporters could only imagine what the players were feeling and Woolfy haha.

I'm guessing Spring and Kelly will come in for Humphries and TRD even though both played well..

Hail Sezer
29-06-15, 06:59 PM
Definitely be interesting to see the make up of the squad. Haha heart attack for the supporters could only imagine what the players were feeling and Woolfy haha.

I'm guessing Spring and Kelly will come in for Humphries and TRD even though both played well..

Hard to exclude them both after their performances but you're probably right.

I wonder how Daniel Schwass feels after getting rolled by their 63kg halfback. Kept him on the ground for a good 5 minutes.

mdrew
30-06-15, 07:26 PM
Well done to Karl Lawton and Oshae Tuiasau for their Qld U20 selection

lonegull
30-06-15, 07:32 PM
Well done to Karl Lawton and Oshae Tuiasau for their Qld U20 selection

Great news and well deserved by both players

Hail Sezer
30-06-15, 09:19 PM
Haven't had 2 players in there for a while. Congratulations to them both.

Hail Sezer
30-06-15, 09:38 PM
Congratulations to Brian Kelly who has been selected for NSW U20's. Huge achievement - still has another year of 20s eligibility.

lonegull
30-06-15, 09:48 PM
Great news on Brian another one that thoroughly deserved selection , that makes it three players in the 20s origin great news for the club

Hail Sezer
02-07-15, 07:22 AM
As most of you would have seen, GL got a feature from the NRL's official facebook page:

http://i.imgur.com/a3iBSdv.png

RenegadeGC
02-07-15, 08:35 AM
Statistically very RTS like ;) big future ahead of this kid. And even better hes a Titan. Hopefully we can lock him up long term.

Hail Sezer
02-07-15, 10:10 AM
Statistically very RTS like ;) big future ahead of this kid. And even better hes a Titan. Hopefully we can lock him up long term.

His footwork, acceleration and strength is very RTS-esque. With some conditioning and more time developing as a fullback, he could very well make the step up.

Still only 18....20's eligible until end of 2017 :surprise:

charged2go
02-07-15, 10:51 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/07/02/nyc_match_highlights.html

Link to the highlights of the NYC game against the Roosters for those who haven't seen it.

and i agree with the above comments about GL... Very bright future for the young lad. still a little bit rusty but is still in his 1st year of 20s. Id expect that the titans would lock him into a long term deal in the not to distant future.

lonegull
03-07-15, 07:22 PM
His footwork, acceleration and strength is very RTS-esque. With some conditioning and more time developing as a fullback, he could very well make the step up.

Still only 18....20's eligible until end of 2017 :surprise:

phenominal that he has 2 and a bit years to go in NYC don't want to put the mocker on him put by 2017 I think he will be playing first grade if early indications are anything to go off

titanfan2015
07-07-15, 12:39 PM
Quick question, are the 20s playing Monday night before NRL or are they playing Sunday at Burleigh. Hear Woolfe say on video on Titans page something about Sunday.

TITAN PETE
07-07-15, 03:43 PM
Quick question, are the 20s playing Monday night before NRL or are they playing Sunday at Burleigh. Hear Woolfe say on video on Titans page something about Sunday.

The 20's are definitely playing at Pizzey Park on Sunday arvo

TITAN PETE
07-07-15, 03:55 PM
Game Times

Date: Sunday 12 July

Venue: Pizzey Park

11.30am FOGS Colts Burleigh v Redcliffe

1.00pm NYC Gold Coast Titans v Manly

3.00pm QLD Cup Burleigh v Redcliffe

titanfan2015
07-07-15, 04:31 PM
Game Times

Date: Sunday 14 July

Venue: Pizzey Park

11.30am FOGS Colts Burleigh v Redcliffe

1.00pm NYC Gold Coast Titans v Manly

3.00pm QLD Cup Burleigh v Redcliffe

Thanks Titan Pete, it's just now come up on Burleigh Bears web page :P

mdrew
08-07-15, 06:49 PM
Adrian Vowles just said that the Titans do not want to keep Brian Kelly and that he may end up at South Sydney. That would be very disappointing!

lonegull
08-07-15, 07:04 PM
Adrian Vowles just said that the Titans do not want to keep Brian Kelly and that he may end up at South Sydney. That would be very disappointing!

Yeah just heard that and the commentators mentioned it a few times, but then a text was sent through to the commentators from Jamie Mathiou saying what they where saying was incorrect and that Kelly is a part of the Titans future

K2G
08-07-15, 07:05 PM

Heard that and was spewing! But it was nice to hear Jamie Mathiou msg'd them to tell them to get their facts straight and that he's not going anywhere. Brian ws very good tonight with four tries. All our boys went well :thumbsup: