Jai INGRAM

COACHES
Neil HENRY (Head)
Terry MATTERSON (Assistant)
Rohan SMITH (Assistant)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
IN:
Matt ROBINSON (Penrith Panthers, 2016)
Lachlan BURR (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, 2016)
Daniel MORTIMER (Sydney Roosters, 2016)
Ryan SIMPKINS (Penrith Panthers, 2016)
Davin CRAMPTON (Northern Pride, 2015)
David HALA (Brisbane Broncos, 2016)
Josh HOFFMAN (Brisbane Broncos, 2017)
Kierran MOSELEY (Penrith Panthers, 2016)

OUT:
Ashley HARRISON (Retirement)
Luke BAILEY (Retirement)
Mark MINICHIELLO (Hull FC)
Steve MICHAELS (Hull FC)
Sam IRWIN (Featherstone)
Cody NELSON (Eels)
Maurice BLAIR (Hull KR)
Albert KELLY (Hull KR)
Beau HENRY (Dragons)
Brad TAKAIRANGI (Eels)
Tom KINGSTON (Released to join Army)
Siuatonga LIKILIKI (Released)

RUMOURED:
George Fai
Chris Mcqueen
Every halfback under the sun

*Please Note that this list will be updated as soon as a signing is confirmed. Feel free to offer suggestions if I missed anyone/

SIGNINGS FOR 2016
Ashley TAYLOR
Nathan FRIEND
Zeb TAIA
David SHILLINGTON
Tyrone ROBERTS
Brian KELLY
Oshae TUIASAU
Karl LAWTON

DIEHARD
30-09-14, 12:27 AM
Thanks for starting this. I have stuck it.

Titanic
30-09-14, 08:57 AM
I'm so disappointed, I wanted to close the other thread but 2,576 people beat me to it :(

Toads
30-09-14, 02:41 PM
Oh well, seeing you're making the calls around here now, you may as well go 'n lock this thread..

I had permission and I actually have no idea how to lock a thread

Now you say it, I really did sound a little bossy didnt I

Take little notice of my comment this morning, i t appears I stepped outta bed 'n straight into my grumpy pants. That, and being directed to what's happening with previous thread didn't rub too well with me first thing this mornin'. :fist:

No harm intended, or anything personal towards you, T4L. :)

Right... rack 'em 'n stack 'em. What signings have we got to tear into for 2015? Bring it on!

Tamwelg
30-09-14, 02:45 PM
Take little notice of my comment this morning, i t appears I stepped outta bed 'n straight into my grumpy pants. That, and being directed to what's happening with previous thread didn't rub too well with me first thing this mornin'. :fist:

Right... rack 'em 'n stack 'em. What signings have we got to tear into for 2015? Bring it on!

No harm either way really, both in the right in one way or another. We are happy for anyone to show initiative and start new threads, etc. The worst thing that can happen is we say no, or delete it or post it our self. Another option is to go forward with a little humour. Let me know when you see what I mean :D

Titan4Life
30-09-14, 03:08 PM

That's alright mate :) We all have our grumpy pants on every now and then. But yeah I was instructed to open this thread as I suggested it to DH. No harm taken :)

teke
30-09-14, 03:09 PM
Sign anyone but Barba !!

Titan4Life
30-09-14, 03:13 PM
Sign anyone but Barba !!

Actually I know I sound bipolar teke but I have to agree with you (unlike yesterday). Now that I think of it, we would be better off using Mead who can actually catch a highball rather than spending $400,000+ on Barba. This allows us to save cap space for a marquee centre/half/hooker in 2016. Apologies for my childlike behaviour yesterday.

Titanic Believer
30-09-14, 04:38 PM
Didn't Beau Henry go somewhere else?

Titan4Life
30-09-14, 04:40 PM
Didn't Beau Henry go somewhere else?

He was talking to Parra but not confirmed as a signing for them yet.

Toads
30-09-14, 05:00 PM
Actually I know I sound bipolar teke but I have to agree with you (unlike yesterday). Now that I think of it, we would be better off using Mead who can actually catch a highball rather than spending $400,000+ on Barba. This allows us to save cap space for a marquee centre/half/hooker in 2016. Apologies for my childlike behaviour yesterday.

I tend to agree as well.. A day later 'n what little interests I had in Barba coming here has waned quite a significantly in the last 24 hours. Feed him to the Lions!

Toads
30-09-14, 05:01 PM

I tend to agree as well.. A day later 'n what little interests I had in Barba coming here has waned quite a significantly in the last 24 hours. Feed him to the Lions!

EDIT: Alright.. Who's the cheeky ****e that made this thread look like I kicked it off. :fist: :laugh:

Hail Sezer
30-09-14, 05:10 PM
He was talking to Parra but not confirmed as a signing for them yet.

Hes still not gonna be contracted to us. Hes gone mate trust me.

Titan4Life
30-09-14, 05:19 PM

EDIT: Alright.. Who's the cheeky ****e that made this thread look like I kicked it off. :fist: :laugh:

I know who it is :) His name starts with T (not me)

- - - Updated - - -

Hes still not gonna be contracted to us. Hes gone mate trust me.

Okay I will take your word for it and remove him from the list after Toads gives me back my thread ;)

shamus
30-09-14, 10:09 PM

He's too short to play AFL Toads!

Tamwelg
01-10-14, 05:39 AM

Not sure what you are talking about :banana:, it looks like T4l started the thread to me.

Toads
01-10-14, 09:18 AM
Now they're really messin' with me. :fist::helpme:

ozynorts
02-10-14, 05:39 AM
Well B Hunt is now at the Bronco's for another 3 years so that rules him out.

Titan4Life
02-10-14, 06:34 AM
Well B Hunt is now at the Bronco's for another 3 years so that rules him out.

Yep disappointing that we couldn't get him here but it sounds like he wants to stay in Brisbane for his career. Oh well, better start chasing DCE or Foran ;)

TitansFan92
02-10-14, 07:40 AM
Should start chucking money at DCE now and McCullough as well

Titanic
02-10-14, 10:45 AM
Neither Manly nor the Broncos will let them go ... they are both integral parts of their long term plans, although I have heard a whisper that the Cows are going to make a play for DCE.

Smakked
02-10-14, 03:47 PM
I cant see us getting any big names, we dont have the cash

K2G
02-10-14, 03:57 PM
Travis Meyn tweets that Josh Hoffman given permission to find another club as Broncos chase Darius Boyd.

Hopefully not to us. I'd much rather Barba.

teke
02-10-14, 05:29 PM
Come to us Hoffy, need 100%'ers here at the titans

Titan4Life
02-10-14, 05:43 PM
Come to us Hoffy, need 100%'ers here at the titans

I don't think we need Hoffy TBH. Mead does the job and actually passes unlike Hoggy Hoffman.

toddythetitan
02-10-14, 05:44 PM
I read in Rlw that henry said we do have cash but he is hanging out for a few mid range player releases as clubs will start looking to shed players to sign/upgrade players

Hail Sezer
03-10-14, 08:01 AM
I read in Rlw that henry said we do have cash but he is hanging out for a few mid range player releases as clubs will start looking to shed players to sign/upgrade players

Yeah looks like he's waiting to see who becomes available in the near future.

Rumours that Hull KR are after Maurice Blair as well. I'd presume for 2015.

TitansFan92
04-10-14, 06:38 AM
Yeah looks like he's waiting to see who becomes available in the near future.

Rumours that Hull KR are after Maurice Blair as well. I'd presume for 2015.

They can have him as long as we aren't paying any of his salary for him to leave.

Hail Sezer
04-10-14, 01:08 PM
Brent Read reporting that we are looking at Luke Keary for 2016

Titan4Life
04-10-14, 01:21 PM
Reports Gold Coast Gunning For Luke Keary
Posted: 4 October, 2014 by Triple M NRL

Reports the Gold Coast Titans are keen on South Sydney Rabbitohs half Luke Keary.

The Australian's Brent Read revealed the Bunnies have allowed the 22-year-old to look around as the club battles to keep the likes of Adam Reynolds and Dylan Walker.

"They [Souths] have a number of players off-contract and Luke Keary is one of them...and I'm told the Gold Coast are looking at him," Read said on Saturday Triple M NRL.

"He did his latest deal when he wasn't a regular first grader and when he arrived at Souths he was rejected by other clubs."

Keary is currently fulfilling a contract he signed before he came into grade which means he is looking at a significant pay-rise.

The Titans have been criticised for not possessing a genuine match-winner which is one of the reasons they haven't made the finals in four years.

ozynorts
04-10-14, 05:45 PM
Reports Gold Coast Gunning For Luke Keary
Posted: 4 October, 2014 by Triple M NRL

Reports the Gold Coast Titans are keen on South Sydney Rabbitohs half Luke Keary.

The Australian's Brent Read revealed the Bunnies have allowed the 22-year-old to look around as the club battles to keep the likes of Adam Reynolds and Dylan Walker.

"They [Souths] have a number of players off-contract and Luke Keary is one of them...and I'm told the Gold Coast are looking at him," Read said on Saturday Triple M NRL.

"He did his latest deal when he wasn't a regular first grader and when he arrived at Souths he was rejected by other clubs."

Keary is currently fulfilling a contract he signed before he came into grade which means he is looking at a significant pay-rise.

The Titans have been criticised for not possessing a genuine match-winner which is one of the reasons they haven't made the finals in four years.

Yep go after him for sure....

Bayside Titan
05-10-14, 11:03 AM
Good to try and bring the local product back. Might be a plan to develop him and Kane Edgley into a good local halves pairing. If so I'm all for it. Sezer contract is up at the end of 2015 as well as Kelly's. Morts is the end of 2016. If he signs it will be for 2016. Develope Edgley in the next two years and once Morts contract is done we have a ready made half a paring.

TitansFan92
05-10-14, 01:29 PM
Sezer for Keary sounds good to me.

Wasn't there talk that Sezer wants to go back to Sydney. Should see if South Sydney want to do a player swap before 2015 season kicks off.

Titan4Life
05-10-14, 08:47 PM
After the game I'm a little concerned about Keary. He made several bad defensive reads and bounced off attackers. He also made some terrible attacking options and handling errors. That being said it was a high pressure game and the Bulldogs have a massive forward pack.

Hail Sezer
05-10-14, 09:02 PM
After the game I'm a little concerned about Keary. He made several bad defensive reads and bounced off attackers. He also made some terrible attacking options and handling errors. That being said it was a high pressure game and the Bulldogs have a massive forward pack.

He bounced off Tony Williams, mate. Bloke is about double his weight and he regained his footing immediately for a second effort. Not sure what these bad reads and attacking options you're referring to either, perhaps I missed them..

I think Keary is a very talented young player who brings creativity and a lot of energy. Would love for us to pursue him for 2016. He plays with a lot of heart, something we may be missing with Bails and Mini's departure.

Titan4Life
05-10-14, 09:04 PM
He bounced off Tony Williams, mate. Bloke is about double his weight and he regained his footing immediately for a second effort. Not sure what these bad reads and attacking options you're referring to either, perhaps I missed them..

I think Keary is a very talented young player who brings creativity and a lot of energy. Would love for us to pursue him for 2016. He plays with a lot of heart, something we may be missing with Bails and Mini's departure.

There were a few ones other than that but not really major ones.

Agreed he brings creativity and I would love him at the club but yeah I am still a little worried. Not saying I don't want him BTW before everyone starts bashing me.

teke
05-10-14, 09:13 PM
Elgey will be better than Keary and will be able to carry a team.

Love the G !!!

Titan4Life
05-10-14, 09:18 PM
Elgey will be better than Keary and will be able to carry a team.

Love the G !!!

Agreed. I want Elgey to get a go in first grade.

#JumpingonthetekeElgeylovetrain

But considering Keary is a GC junior and might get better with age... why don't we have both??? *cue Mexican music*

toddythetitan
05-10-14, 09:49 PM
I'd love a centre like Dylan walker at our club

Bayside Titan
05-10-14, 10:16 PM
Bring Keary back as a hooker ???? Played there a few times this year?

Titanic
05-10-14, 10:40 PM
Did they re-sign Av'au?

TitansFan92
05-10-14, 11:05 PM
Did they re-sign Av'au?

I am pretty sure he is still contracted to Souths for next season but off contract 2016 onward for now

gotitans101_
05-10-14, 11:35 PM
Hadn't even heard of Elgey till I saw this thread, so ended up having a look at a highlights video of him on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ATEP7Dc-A

Kid has talent but it's a big step from U/20's to first grade. Hard to know whether he can reproduce that form in first grade.

Also regarding Keary, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

ozynorts
06-10-14, 07:25 AM
Hadn't even heard of Elgey till I saw this thread, so ended up having a look at a highlights video of him on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6ATEP7Dc-A

Kid has talent but it's a big step from U/20's to first grade. Hard to know whether he can reproduce that form in first grade.

Also regarding Keary, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Some good things there but gee that U20 comp is touch footy stuff.... Will be interesting to see him against teams with proper defensive structures.

Mexican titan
06-10-14, 05:37 PM
Some good things there but gee that U20 comp is touch footy stuff.... Will be interesting to see him against teams with proper defensive structures.

This absolutely.
I don't rate the under 20's comp at all but there are some good players in the list of under 20 player of the year that have gone on to good things. I would take someone like Keary like a shot who has proven himself at NRL level over someone who hasn't.

toddythetitan
07-10-14, 12:24 PM
Looks like weve missed out on ben hannant hes just signed a 1 year deal with cowboys, but antonio kafusi is on his way home to oz dont know where though

Bayside Titan
07-10-14, 12:50 PM
Looks like weve missed out on ben hannant hes just signed a 1 year deal with cowboys, but antonio kafusi is on his way home to oz dont know where though
Yeah just read that myself. We must not have had enough cash to sign Hannant. Kafusi I would think would struggle back in the NRL. He faded away before he went to the Super League.

Titanic
07-10-14, 01:09 PM
We don't want Kafusi but Hannant would have been good for us.

Bayside Titan
07-10-14, 01:49 PM
We don't want Kafusi but Hannant would have been good for us.

True. Hannant would have been good. I see that it's only a one year deal. Maybe Titans have the cash for 2016 so he may end up here anyway? Just a guess.

Also in 2016 like to see Dylan Napa here. Good young front rower.

Toads
07-10-14, 02:33 PM
LOL, Hannett to Cowboys. Send the lad up there with a 44 Gallon drum of zinc cream, he's gunna need it. :p

TitansFan92
07-10-14, 05:38 PM
True. Hannant would have been good. I see that it's only a one year deal. Maybe Titans have the cash for 2016 so he may end up here anyway? Just a guess.

Also in 2016 like to see Dylan Napa here. Good young front rower.

I wouldn't want Hannant in 2016. He would be 31 at that point and not worth the money he would no doubt be asking for. I would rather chuck our money at a marquee Centre and Half and a decent Hooker. I agree I would also like to see Napa here but I don't see the Roosters letting him go without a fight.

lonegull
07-10-14, 06:20 PM
Just heard that the tigers are not going to honour their agreement with takarangi and are not signing him.

JunctionBlock
07-10-14, 06:21 PM
So Jason Taylor has pulled out of Takarangi's three year deal with the Tigers. Taka may stay?

Titan4Life
07-10-14, 06:38 PM
@RugbyLeagueNews: Wests Tigers have decided to pull out of a 3 year deal with Brad Takairangi that was agreed to last month. Call was made by Jason Taylor.

Taka either staying or going to Sharks/Storm is my guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Disappointing to miss out on Hannant as he would have been a useful prop but I suppose we do already have a fairly stocked forward pack; Myles, Ioane, White, James, Binge etc

kioli
07-10-14, 08:31 PM
Rough treatment of Taka... Hope he finds a new club asap.

Toads
07-10-14, 09:29 PM
Disappointing to miss out on Hannant as he would have been a useful prop but I suppose we do already have a fairly stocked forward pack; Myles, Ioane, White, James, Binge etc

Ioane will be our star in the making. I'm expecting he will shine as he racks up more game time. :)

gotitans101_
08-10-14, 01:05 AM
What gets me is the tired excuse that we don't have the cash for any big signings. The latest - Hannant. Don't get me wrong I wasn't keen on the guy but if that's the reason we didn't get him then that's just utter bs. We haven't signed a marquee player in years, where is all this money going?

Sorry for the rant, but it's so damn frustrating...we don't seem to have any upcoming juniors and no top tier players being signed from other clubs either. How are we ever going to win a premiership this way? All I can say to Neil is - good luck, you're gonna need it with this squad.

Titan4Life
08-10-14, 06:37 AM
Titans coach Neil Henry considering Brad Takairangi return after Cowboys sign Ben Hannant
TODD BALYM AND TRAVIS MEYN
GOLD COAST BULLETIN
OCTOBER 08, 2014 12:00AM

GOLD Coast coach Neil Henry says he is open to “considering” a return for Titan-turned-Tiger Brad Takairangi after the Sydney club told the utility yesterday that it had backflipped on a three-year deal for next season.

The crushing news for Takairangi, who only signed the deal with the Tigers last month, came hot on the heels of an announcement that potential Titans target Ben Hannant was off to the Cowboys.

Takairangi signed his deal before new Tigers coach Jason Taylor had been appointed.

The 25-year-old’s management was yesterday informed by the Tigers the deal was off. Takairangi, who worked with Taylor at the Roosters until he left in 2012, had only made the difficult choice to leave the Gold Coast after the Titans were unable to match the Tigers’ offer due to salary cap constraints.

Henry yesterday did not rule out talks with Takairangi again but admitted the club had almost filled its roster for 2015.

The Titans coach had been in talks with former Test prop and Gold Coast rugby league product Hannant for next year’s NRL season.

But Hannant yesterday shunned interest from the *Titans and agreed to terms on a one-year deal with North Queensland.

The 29-year-old will have to leave his Tallebudgera home in the hope of convincing Cowboys coach Paul Green he is a long-term front row option alongside Origin duo Matt Scott and James Tamou.

The Titans have announced just two signings for 2015, young forwards Matt Robinson (Penrith) and Lachlan Burr (Canterbury).

Despite losing experienced trio Ashley Harrison, Luke Bailey and Mark Minichiello this year, CEO Graham Annesley said the club did not have much space to move in its salary cap.

“We don’t have any room to sign a marquee player,” he said.

“We would be interested in an outside back if the right player became available but there’s nothing pending at the moment or any announcement coming.

“There might be some tweaking but that’s about it.

Ben Hannant has spurned interest from the Titans to join the North Queensland Cowboys next season. . Picture: Jono Searle.
“There won’t be any big name coming into the squad. We just don’t have the room.”

Hannant, a six-Test prop who’s played 12 Origins for Queensland, believes he has plenty of football in front of him.

The 29-year-old, who has played 192 NRL games, has taken a salary cut to join the Cowboys from Brisbane.

“I’m really looking forward to the opportunities that playing with the Cowboys will present,” Hannant said.

“They have a high-calibre roster looking to take the next step and it’s going to be great to be able to train and play with the likes of JT (Johnathan Thurston) and Matt Scott who I know well from Origin.”

Hail Sezer
08-10-14, 07:16 AM
What gets me is the tired excuse that we don't have the cash for any big signings. The latest - Hannant. Don't get me wrong I wasn't keen on the guy but if that's the reason we didn't get him then that's just utter bs. We haven't signed a marquee player in years, where is all this money going?

Sorry for the rant, but it's so damn frustrating...we don't seem to have any upcoming juniors and no top tier players being signed from other clubs either. How are we ever going to win a premiership this way? All I can say to Neil is - good luck, you're gonna need it with this squad.

Saying we don't have no upcoming juniors is a pretty big call when our u20's captain was named u20's player of the year last week. If that's not classified as an upcoming junior then I'm not sure what would be ;)

Totally agree on the frustration that we don't seem to have any coin. Either there are some outrageously back ended contracts or the coaching and admin staff don't rate what is currently available on the market, so are banking for 2016.

ozynorts
08-10-14, 07:26 AM
Just read this morning that Jason Taylor has reneged Taka's deal with the Tigers and he is back on the open market..

Hail Sezer
08-10-14, 07:33 AM
Just read this morning that Jason Taylor has reneged Taka's deal with the Tigers and he is back on the open market..

Scroll up mate! haha

I hope we aren't suddenly offering Taka more than we originally were now that we missed on Hannant. By the end of 2015 you would have to think that we would be extending the contracts of Carter, Roberts, Ioane and we've got all of Kelly, Hazard, Elgey, Fogarty and Sezer coming off contract as well so you would think one of them would need to be upgraded too. I'd much rather invest the coin in upgrading one of them to be honest, if their form permits it.

ozynorts
08-10-14, 09:39 AM
Scroll up mate! haha

Yep, should know better than to post before coffee......:doh:

Bayside Titan
08-10-14, 11:10 AM
One thought that I was having is that we might have some cash but ONLY for the right player.

But also agree with what has been said. How can we be in a position that we can't recruit well for next year?? Searle was a firm believer in not back ending deals. He must have changed his thoughts on this.

I guess King has been left a big mess to clean up so next year could be a lean year for us.

gotitans101_
08-10-14, 01:08 PM
Saying we don't have no upcoming juniors is a pretty big call when our u20's captain was named u20's player of the year last week. If that's not classified as an upcoming junior then I'm not sure what would be ;)

And yet we almost came last in the Holden cup again. Is it a two man team or something?

Just look at the young stars coming through in other clubs - the DWZ's, the Moylans, the Johnstons, the Walkers.

Titan4Life
08-10-14, 01:08 PM
We must have a load of back end deals or we are paying overs for the majority of our players. Compared to other teams we have a basic roster with no real stars or rep players (that we have discovered anyway) so we should have some cap space left.

Agreed I would not pay overs for Taka as I would rather have some spare coin to resign players in the future such as Roberts, Kelly, Carter and Sezer or to get some game winning/solid players here such as Keary or DCE. Hopefully King has a plan up his sleeve regarding recruitment because it seems our roster is not changing anytime soon.

JunctionBlock
08-10-14, 01:22 PM
I thought the Taka decision with the the Tigers was based on a three year contract rather than two years offered by the Titans?
Beggars can't be choosers anymore.

Hail Sezer
08-10-14, 01:37 PM
And yet we almost came last in the Holden cup again. Is it a two man team or something?

Just look at the young stars coming through in other clubs - the DWZ's, the Moylans, the Johnstons, the Walkers.

We had a team of 18 year olds. Did you follow the NYC or just look at the table at seasons end? We've got some real talent in there.

DWZ is also in the Kiwis at 18. Moylan is 23. Johnston is a beneficiary of a superb attacking team and Walker is soon going to be playing Origin at 19. These aren't just your standard "juniors coming through" = they are very rare and very talented players in teams playing very good footy.

I'm not sure what you expect honestly mate. By your logic, 14 clubs have no juniors coming through. Let's keep our expectations reasonable.

gotitans101_
08-10-14, 02:32 PM
We had a team of 18 year olds. Did you follow the NYC or just look at the table at seasons end?

I'll be honest here, the latter. It just seems as if we're finishing near last in that competition every year? Though you might be able to correct me on that.

DWZ is also in the Kiwis at 18. Moylan is 23. Johnston is a beneficiary of a superb attacking team and Walker is soon going to be playing Origin at 19. These aren't just your standard "juniors coming through" = they are very rare and very talented players in teams playing very good footy.

Fair point regarding those players but there are others who've come through at other clubs who've been able to hold their spot for more than a game. When was our last to do that? Srama?

Mexican titan
08-10-14, 07:18 PM
Interesting discussion about the juniors and thanks for posting guys.
I find myself a bit with gotitans101 on this as I keep seeing many names thrown up on here about the great juniors we have but I can only go on our Holden Cup side which is consistently among the worst in the comp. I get to the games early enough to watch it but the Holden Cup generally is so far from being a useful feeder comp to our NRL side I just stop watching.
I respect that HS and mdrew have far better knowledge of the juniors than me and I hope that Elgey comes through. I don't know whether it's our junior development or talent scouting not being up to scratch but we don't have any DWZ's, Moylan's etc on the horizon. Many clubs seem to have them but not us.

DavidBouveng
08-10-14, 08:17 PM
We had a team of 18 year olds. Did you follow the NYC or just look at the table at seasons end? We've got some real talent in there.

I'm not sure what you expect honestly mate. By your logic, 14 clubs have no juniors coming through. Let's keep our expectations reasonable.

the like button doesnt do this sentence justice. these are ELITE kids coming through.

We have had in the past Mead, Gordon, Ryan James, Ridge, Rankin, Srama come through into a poor first grade system, but the talent was there, then there has been a lull over last few years, although Keary, Cody Walker, Hymel Hunt and couple of others have slipped the net.

It looks like there is a reasonable group in these 20s that are a bit younger as HS mentioned, and if a few of them can come through the ranks and contribute to first team success, as well as one or two developing into genuine top level first graders, that is a start. then we need the new coaching group to do a better job developing them as well as recruiting kids into the 20s team in the first place.

Hail Sezer
08-10-14, 09:35 PM
Interesting discussion about the juniors and thanks for posting guys.
I find myself a bit with gotitans101 on this as I keep seeing many names thrown up on here about the great juniors we have but I can only go on our Holden Cup side which is consistently among the worst in the comp. I get to the games early enough to watch it but the Holden Cup generally is so far from being a useful feeder comp to our NRL side I just stop watching.
I respect that HS and mdrew have far better knowledge of the juniors than me and I hope that Elgey comes through. I don't know whether it's our junior development or talent scouting not being up to scratch but we don't have any DWZ's, Moylan's etc on the horizon. Many clubs seem to have them but not us.

Guys. Moylan is 23. Played NYC like 3 years ago. He's older than Aidan Sezer. Not an upcoming junior by any means :doh:

Cowboys -
Broncos -
Newcastle - Mamo/Mata'utia
Cronulla - Holmes
Dragons -
Roosters -
Eels - Moeroa
Panthers - DWZ
Rabbitohs - Walker/Johnston
Tigers - Brookes/Moses
Raiders -
Manly -
Bulldogs -
Storm -
Warriors -

A few clubs do seem to have them, many also don't. These issues arise far below NYC and our biggest problem is that Keebra is aligned to a club in Sydney. Our coaching movements are a reaction to this and progression is good.

I appreciate your honesty but I find a blanket judgement on our junior's potential based on the team's performance to be a bit unfair. We all understand that good juniors don't always make good first graders, but if you're expecting us to pop out a DWZ or Dylan Walker then you're gonna be in for a bit of disappointment mate.

Good chat lads! healthy debate.

Bayside Titan
08-10-14, 09:57 PM
Gold Coast Titans among the options for Josh Hoffman as clubs chase Broncos fullback
PETER BADEL
THE COURIER-MAIL
OCTOBER 08, 2014 11:00PM
Josh Hoffman given all clear to leave Broncos

THE Titans have entered the race for Josh Hoffman with six NRL rivals to wage a bidding war for the unwanted Broncos utility.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Gold Coast have expressed interest in Hoffman, who has NRL suitors lining up after being granted permission to leave the club last week.

New Titans coach Neil Henry is a fan of Hoffman’s hard-running style, but his ability to lure the 26-year-old to the Glitter Strip will ultimately hinge on their salary-cap position.

While the Titans have fullback options in William Zillman and David Mead, Hoffman has the ability to fill the centre spot that has troubled the club since Jamal Idris’ departure last season.

Titans hierarchy have had preliminary discussions with his management, but it is understood the Coast will be more cashed up to target new recruits in 2016 rather than next year.

By signing with the Titans, Hoffman could keep his young family in Brisbane, but the Raiders, Canterbury and Warriors are set to table offers he will find hard to resist.

The Raiders are prepared to pay Hoffman upwards of $600,000 a season, but the Green Machine have also tabled a massive offer for Manly custodian Brett Stewart.

The Warriors are keen to fly Hoffman to New Zealand to inspect their setup and Bulldogs coach Des Hasler remains interested after nearly poaching him in February.

The one certainty is Hoffman will have no shortage of options, with two other Sydney-based NRL clubs keen to accommodate the Bronco in his preferred fullback spot.

Hoffman hopes to have his future sorted well before Christmas as he comes to terms with his shock axing for New Zealand’s Four Nations campaign.

If required, the Broncos are happy to honour the final year of Hoffman’s contract, but his cousin, retired dual international Wendell Sailor, recently urged the Titans to make a big-money play.

“If I was at the Titans I’d be trying to sign Josh,” Sailor said. “He’s one of the best fullbacks in the game, but the Broncos have a few options there.

“Josh would be a great fit at the Titans, they need some backline strike power and ‘Hoffy’ would give them that.”
It seems no one at Brisbane really wants to hold on to Hoffman that much.
Should the Raiders secure Stewart at fullback, the club could still chase Hoffman as a five-eighth option, although the former Kiwi Test star is determined to wear the No. 1 jumper.

His manager Paul Hogan said Hoffman would not rush arguably the most important contract decision of his career.

“Josh has a young baby now so it’s important the next club he joins offers him the chance to develop professionally,” Hogan said.

“There’s nothing concrete at the moment, we’re taking our time.

“Wayne Bennett has been good enough to give us the opportunity to test his value on the open market and Josh isn’t angry at all, he’s quite relaxed about the situation.”

TitansFan92
08-10-14, 10:24 PM
Joel Riethmuller and Ricky Thorby have been released by the Cowboys. Strong connection with Henry. Could they be on the way to the Titans?

Bayside Titan
08-10-14, 10:36 PM
As it stands now my preference going forward would be Mead at Fullback and look at trying Zilly out in the other centre spot. ( Roberts has to be the other centre ). However I do remember Hoffman having a good season or two at fullback for the Broncos and think that if we can put a fair deal together then why not take a shot. My angst or anger at the minute is like most other people on here is that there is a few players around that we would love to have at the club but we lack the funds to secure these players.

I'm resigned to the fact that we will not have too many new signing next year. My hope for 2015 is that we finish outside the eight and bring a few kids through and have a few great additions for the club in 2016.....................My friends its going to be a LONG 18 months for us, however I am extremely confident that come mid year 2015 we will start to see the true effects that our new Coaching Staff will bring to the club

- - - Updated - - -

Joel Riethmuller and Ricky Thorby have been released by the Cowboys. Strong connection with Henry. Could they be on the way to the Titans?

Like your thinking mate, however both are 29 and Thorby has had a few injuries in the past.....Joel maybe but he is a back rower and we have on shortage of them....Maybe if we do sign any of these guys it maybe to add to the second tier CAP....

teke
09-10-14, 04:25 AM
Why in the world would the raiders want Brett Stewart lol.

The Hoff will be a great buy but nowhere near the figures being thrown around.

By mid 2015 we will be dredding the wooden spoon, that much i can almost guarantee

- - - Updated - - -

By mid 2015 we will be dredding the wooden spoon, that much i can almost guarantee

Hail Sezer
09-10-14, 10:09 AM
I would love to get Hoffman on board but I'm not very confident at all..Raiders and Warriors would both offer double what we could I'd imagine

Bayside Titan
09-10-14, 10:32 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Teke. I'm a bit more optimistic. I don't see us with the spoon or in the bottom three again next year. What is your reasons for saying we will???

Titanic
09-10-14, 10:34 AM
Beg to disagree ... we shouldn't go for Hoffman unless he is filling a very well identified specific need and I don't see that at all. Just buying players because they are on the market is a Cartwright ploy.

If we don't have the cash then we should only buy what we need. I would be happy to see some of the young guys given a fair crack and the senior players earning their keep ... this would give us a mid-table finish and something to springboard off. It may also start to give some hope to our younger blokes.

As far as Takairangi is concerned, offer him the same as he was originally and that'll do, otherwise the message is "desperation".

I don't know why we seem to be forgetting the older firm of Blair and Tighe ... they won't win us a premiership but they aren't hopeless either on that left side.

Let's not forget that ten months ago we believed that we were competitive and wanted to get rid of the coach, Searle, Bailey, Harrison and Minichiello ... well they've all gone, so what's different?

New coach, new support staff, new attitude plus a couple of new faces = great, imho. Bring on 2015 without Money Bill or the Sam Burger.

TitansFan92
09-10-14, 11:52 AM
So realistically the Positions we need to look at are Centre, Half and Hooker. So of the players I see on the off contract list I think we would be a chance of getting, Jacob Loko, Kirisome Auva'a and Daniel Vidot in the Centre positon.

For the Hooker position we may have to look at the Super League I have found a couple of young hookers over there in Paul McShane and Logan Tomkins. Anyone know anything about them?

For the Half spot there really isn't much but I think Either Luke Keary or Jack Littlejohn would be good additions to the club.

mup23
09-10-14, 12:47 PM
Anyone but Auva'a. Not someone we want at the club

hatchy84
09-10-14, 03:09 PM
Just read we have signed Ryan simpkins again

Toads
09-10-14, 03:28 PM
Beg to disagree ... we shouldn't go for Hoffman unless he is filling a very well identified specific need and I don't see that at all. Just buying players because they are on the market is a Cartwright ploy.

If we don't have the cash then we should only buy what we need. I would be happy to see some of the young guys given a fair crack and the senior players earning their keep ... this would give us a mid-table finish and something to springboard off. It may also start to give some hope to our younger blokes.

As far as Takairangi is concerned, offer him the same as he was originally and that'll do, otherwise the message is "desperation".

I don't know why we seem to be forgetting the older firm of Blair and Tighe ... they won't win us a premiership but they aren't hopeless either on that left side.

Let's not forget that ten months ago we believed that we were competitive and wanted to get rid of the coach, Searle, Bailey, Harrison and Minichiello ... well they've all gone, so what's different?

New coach, new support staff, new attitude plus a couple of new faces = great, imho. Bring on 2015 without Money Bill or the Sam Burger.

Well said, mate. That pretty well covers it for me, plus a couple of other things I haven't considered previously.

That'll help cut out the previous crap 'n build a culture that inspires confidence in the players and fan base alike.

Titan4Life
09-10-14, 04:54 PM
Titans welcome Simpkins back to NRL club
17:06 AEST Thu Oct 9 2014

Gold Coast have welcomed back inaugural Titans under-20s captain Ryan Simpkins back to the NRL club on a two-year deal.

Simpkins, 26, has spent the last three years at Penrith and played in the Panthers' NRL state championships loss last Sunday after chiming into their NSW Cup grand final victory.

The 26-year-old also played 27 NRL games for Penrith.

Simpkins is a back-rower like his father Ryan, a Gold Coast Seagulls player in 1988.

Simpkins - named at lock in the 2014 NSW Cup Team Of The Year - is the third back-rower signed for next year by the Titans, joining Kiwi and ex-Panther Matt Robinson and 22-year-old Lachlan Burr from Canterbury.

teke
09-10-14, 05:00 PM
What is the club thinking resigning simpkins?

Titan4Life
09-10-14, 05:28 PM
I have mixed feelings about us signing Simpkins.

Positive: Our inaugural u20s captain and a junior of the area. Also named in NSW cup team of the year.

Negative: Another second rower that we don't need! We already have a stacked forward pack and should be concentrating on a hooker/centre/half

Titanic
09-10-14, 05:45 PM
Must have been a second tier cheapie, surely.

Mexican titan
09-10-14, 07:18 PM

Both are average especially Thorby. No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone but Auva'a. Not someone we want at the club

Interested why you say that.
Auva'a is a bloke with an attitude who will soon get a smack in the mouth but he is twice as talented as any centre we have.

- - - Updated - - -

I have mixed feelings about us signing Simpkins.

Positive: Our inaugural u20s captain and a junior of the area. Also named in NSW cup team of the year.

Negative: Another second rower that we don't need! We already have a stacked forward pack and should be concentrating on a hooker/centre/half

And a bloke who has hardly set the world on fire at Penrith.

teke
09-10-14, 08:03 PM
I'd take roberts over auva any day

mup23
09-10-14, 09:05 PM
http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/rising-rabbitohs-star-kirisome-auvaa-in-court-after-bashing-a-woman-after-a-wedding-in-melbourne/story-fni0fee2-1226934747767

DavidBouveng
09-10-14, 10:16 PM
im sorta with Titanic here.

a new coaching structure which by all definitions is actually a new coaching structure with the chance at developing a squad.

So 2015 wont be a premiership, wont even be top 4 or 6 probably, but if we are playing consistently, with heart and skill and showing signs of an underlying improvement to give us faith that the next 3 or 4 years might be an upward trajectory, then that will do me.

cherry pick a good signing or two for 2016 and beyond as well as a few of our own kids coming through by then...cold we ask for much more considering our baseline and where we are right now?

Bayside Titan
09-10-14, 11:08 PM
im sorta with Titanic here.

a new coaching structure which by all definitions is actually a new coaching structure with the chance at developing a squad.

So 2015 wont be a premiership, wont even be top 4 or 6 probably, but if we are playing consistently, with heart and skill and showing signs of an underlying improvement to give us faith that the next 3 or 4 years might be an upward trajectory, then that will do me.

cherry pick a good signing or two for 2016 and beyond as well as a few of our own kids coming through by then...cold we ask for much more considering our baseline and where we are right now?

What he said.

lonegull
10-10-14, 02:57 PM
Hearing Cartwright new assistant at Dragons

Hail Sezer
10-10-14, 02:59 PM
Hearing Cartwright new assistant at Dragons

Saw lurker posted that

Best of luck to him/them

Toads
10-10-14, 03:06 PM
Better than bricklaying, or driving trucks I guess..

lonegull
10-10-14, 03:07 PM
Saw lurker posted that

Best of luck to him/them

Just read that also, wonder if that means we don't pay his contract anymore if he finds employment elsewhere

Titanic
10-10-14, 03:56 PM
Thought he was a Titan forever and "we'll always have a place for him at our club" ... loyalty has no boundaries :) good luck to him ... I wonder how many of his players will follow him? Has the goat retired?

Bayside Titan
10-10-14, 04:21 PM
BREAKING; Nanny The Goat to come out of retirement and lace up the boots again and signed with the Dragons after speculation that John Cartwrong has signed with the Dragons as assistant coach. ( More to come ) ....;-)

Tamwelg
10-10-14, 04:23 PM
Package deal? They need a fullback don't they?

Bayside Titan
10-10-14, 04:58 PM
Package deal? They need a fullback don't they?

True. Maybe the de facto son in law will go with him ;-).

teke
10-10-14, 06:02 PM
Package deal? They need a fullback don't they?hahaha

Hail Sezer
15-10-14, 02:36 PM
Pete Badel posted on twitter that we have signed Davin Crampton.

If its true then best of luck to him, hope to see him in the NRL next year.

http://www.nrl.com/Portals/NRL/images/39/39180_20_1.jpg

Arms almost as big as DB's.

indoallstars
15-10-14, 02:48 PM
How does Davin Crampton go? Haven't heard or seen too much of him, what is everyones thoughts about him?

I see he has played in fullback and centre, could he possibly fill out our centre problem or does he still need time developing?

Hail Sezer
15-10-14, 02:59 PM
How does Davin Crampton go? Haven't heard or seen too much of him, what is everyones thoughts about him?

I see he has played in fullback and centre, could he possibly fill out our centre problem or does he still need time developing?

I haven't seen a whole lot but he's held in high regard in Qcup. Played QLD residents at centre as well. He has been described as a ready-made NRL player though so hopefully he can throw his hand up for the position at the very least.

GCTTSD
15-10-14, 04:15 PM
We should sell zillman to the eels

Titanic
15-10-14, 04:18 PM
We should sell zillman to the eels
Laughing very loudly :)

I thought Crampton plays right centre ... can anybody correct me?

Titan4Life
15-10-14, 05:37 PM
Good news on Crampton. From what I've seen/heard of him, he is a fairly good player. Can run hard and hit holes. We can't complain getting a player selected in the Qld cup team of the year.

mup23
16-10-14, 09:12 AM
Apparently we're in talks with Justin O'Neill. We've been burnt by Storm outside backs before but this does feel a little different. First, Carty never liked using outside backs anyway so they were always on a hiding to nothing but O'Neill is solid outside of just being set up by Cronk and Slater, plus he's fairly experienced and still young.

mup23
16-10-14, 10:08 AM
From badel on twitter-

@badds76: Breaking: titans set to poach nick politis' key recruiter jamie mathiou from roosters. Titans foundation recruiter Tom searle has left

Hail Sezer
16-10-14, 10:18 AM
Apparently we're in talks with Justin O'Neill. We've been burnt by Storm outside backs before but this does feel a little different. First, Carty never liked using outside backs anyway so they were always on a hiding to nothing but O'Neill is solid outside of just being set up by Cronk and Slater, plus he's fairly experienced and still young.

I feel the same. He's only 23 and on the outer there so could be worth a go. What's his experience of playing centre?

From badel on twitter-

@badds76: Breaking: titans set to poach nick politis' key recruiter jamie mathiou from roosters. Titans foundation recruiter Tom searle has left

Good. These are the kind of acquisitions we need to make.

mup23
16-10-14, 11:27 AM
67 games, 24 of them at centre, a few at fullback, the rest on the wing. Didn't play much this year but it looks like he was being groomed for a more full time position in the centres

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/justin-o--neill/summary.html

nimud
16-10-14, 02:23 PM
From badel on twitter-

I wonder if he is the same Jamie Mathiou who played for us during the Seagulls era? Good 2nd rower.

mdrew
16-10-14, 02:27 PM
Yes it is

I wonder if he is the same Jamie Mathiou who played for us during the Seagulls era? Good 2nd rower.

TitansFan92
16-10-14, 02:30 PM
From badel on twitter-

This is great to hear. Hopefully can get some good players to the club.

Bayside Titan
16-10-14, 03:02 PM

Where are you hearing this info about ONeil? Just can't seem to see it anywhere???

mup23
16-10-14, 03:44 PM
Where are you hearing this info about ONeil? Just can't seem to see it anywhere???

Moley on twitter

@RLW_Mole: EXCLUSIVE In THE MOLE in @LeagueWeek today: @GCTitans in talks with @storm winger Justin O'Neill
https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole/status/522513617606819840

Bayside Titan
16-10-14, 03:52 PM
Moley on twitter

@RLW_Mole: EXCLUSIVE In THE MOLE in @LeagueWeek today: @GCTitans in talks with @storm winger Justin O'Neill
https://twitter.com/RLW_Mole/status/522513617606819840
Cheers mate.

Hail Sezer
16-10-14, 03:54 PM
I read the segment in the magazine about O'Neill and it doesn't elaborate too much on top of the fact that we are in talks and Neil is a fan. Sounds promising nonetheless.

Has anyone heard anything more about Maurice Blair heading to the UK?

Titan4Life
16-10-14, 05:29 PM
Although the O'Neill talk is just speculation, I would love to have him here. Solid centre/winger who has been forgotten recently. What's better is that he's a QUEENSLANDER.

Also good news regarding Jaime Maithou. He will help us land star players on the GC. This club is making great choices in its rebuilding stage.

teke
16-10-14, 06:08 PM
I don't understand how we can be in talks with Oneil but totally disregard khan ahwang.

ozynorts
16-10-14, 07:16 PM
I don't understand how we can be in talks with Oneil but totally disregard khan ahwang.

I can't understand how we are in talks with another Storm reject..

Mexican titan
16-10-14, 08:09 PM
From badel on twitter-

I haven't heard of Jamie Mathiou but you can't argue with some of the players the Roosters have unearthed in the last few years. The better news is the last sentence that Tom Searle has left. If ever a bloke was an epic fail, it's him.

mup23
18-10-14, 02:13 PM
Kelly and Blair off to play in the halves for Hull KR

mdrew
18-10-14, 02:51 PM
Henry making his presence felt

Bayside Titan
18-10-14, 02:59 PM
Kelly and Blair off to play in the halves for Hull KR

Do you think that it would give us about $200k to play with?

Titan4Life
18-10-14, 03:21 PM
Really sad to see Alby go as he was one of my favourites. Oh well we can't keep everyone. By the sounds of it he was really undedicated to his rehab. I will trust Henry with this one as we still have the likes of Sezer, Elgey, Mortimer, Hazard and Fogarty for our halves options.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans have released backs Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair to Hull KR
FOX SPORTS
October 18, 2014 3:35PM

Gold Coast Titans have released Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair. Source: News Corp Australia
THE Gold Coast Titans have announced they have released Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair to Hull KR in the English Super League.

According to a statement released by the club, the pair received the release to take up an opportunity to play together in the halves at the English club.

The players had one more reason remaining on their contracts but have now singed two year contracts with Hull — replacing Australian halves Travis Burns and Kris Keating.

Kelly said he was looking forward to playing with close friend Blair in the halves and that the Super League would be a test for him.

“I would like to thank the Titans for the opportunity to resurrect my career. Thank you to the Titans members, legion of fans and the staff for all their support. It’s a bittersweet feeling as I’ve made some great friends on the Gold Coast and love the club. I’d like to thank Hull KR for the opportunity to test myself in a new brand of footy and I can’t wait to be part of such a great club,” he said.

Blair also thanked Titans fans and said he was grateful for the opportunity to play at Hull KR.

“Thank you to the Gold Coast Titans, their fans, members and all the coaching staff for my short but very enjoyable time on the Gold Coast.

“I’d also like to thank the Penrith Panthers and Melbourne Storm for their support and lifelong memories created over the years. I am grateful to Hull KR for the opportunity and am very excited to be part of the club’s future.”

Titans coach Neil Henry said the releases were granted because the club had the depth to cover the losses or Kelly and Blair.

“They were given a rare opportunity to play together as halves by Hull KR who were looking to fill their halfback and five-eighth positions and they get the security of two-year deals,” said Titans head coach Neil Henry in a statement.

“We feel we have good depth in the halves here so we agreed to allow Albert to take this opportunity in the Super League, and at 30 Maurice has the chance to extend his career which we are also happy to accommodate. We wish them both great success over there.

“It also gives us more flexibility in our salary cap management and provides the opportunity to go into the market should suitable players become available.

“The Holden Cup player of the year, halfback Kane Elgey, has been handed an opportunity with an NRL contract and Christian Hazard, who’s only 19, showed great promise in his first season with the club in under-20s, although he missed several games with injury.

“And 20-year-old Jamal Fogarty, like Kane an Australian Schoolboy representative, showed his potential for Tweed Seagulls this year. We also have Aidan Sezer and Daniel Mortimer, so we have five players vying for two positions in the halves.”

teke
18-10-14, 03:59 PM
Kelly gone - nooooooooooooooo

K2G
18-10-14, 04:23 PM
Sad to see Kelly go. Really not a fan of Mortimer in the halves.

Rumour on the FrontRowForum that we've made a big offer to Matt Ballin. Would be a great signing for us.

Bayside Titan
18-10-14, 04:29 PM
Didn't want Kelly to go but I have complete confidence in King. Change is scary for some and exciting for others. I sit in the excited camp. Maybe the money we save we can offer to ONeil or Hoffman or somebody else.

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to see Kelly go. Really not a fan of Mortimer in the halves.

Rumour on the FrontRowForum that we've made a big offer to Matt Ballin. Would be a great signing for us.

Ballin would be great and he can open a coffee shop up here. But he has just resigned with Manly ?

TitansFan92
18-10-14, 04:35 PM
I don't think Ballin has resigned with Manly. But I personally don't want him here. He is going to be 31 next year so we will get 2-4 years out of him and then we are going to be looking for a hooker again.

K2G
18-10-14, 04:40 PM
Ballin is signed until end of 2015 I'm pretty sure. Perfect fit for us - my only concerns are his age, and how much money he'd want.

- - - Updated - - -

We've lost a lot of experience out of our squad recently. IMO we could do with someone with Ballin's exp steering us around the field, as well as guiding our young hookers off it. Quality person, one of the fittest going round too. I'd take the 2 years he could give us, as long as it isn't ridiculous money.

rj62
18-10-14, 05:07 PM
I stick with the fact that Henry took the Cowboys to finals and inst afraid to make the changes he believes need making. Whilst Kelly is exciting, I always felt Henry was concerned with his injuries, particularly the calf (?!) which seemed to plague him.

Given the fact Henry has to try and mould the place from what was left, I too am in the excited camp. In fact I'm looking forward to 2015 more than I have any other year in the past 4 or 5.
We all wanted change, we got it and now I can't wait to see it filter through. No, we won't win the thing next year, but I just look forward to not feeling completely crap after games like we did a majority of this year and being able to compete on the field.
I'm sure he's sniffi around for players too so the final roster won't really be known until down the track.
I reckon it's great for the Club and also the fans.
Let's gets behind the bloke and the coaching staff he's picked and see where it goes.

Bayside Titan
18-10-14, 05:34 PM
I stick with the fact that Henry took the Cowboys to finals and inst afraid to make the changes he believes need making. Whilst Kelly is exciting, I always felt Henry was concerned with his injuries, particularly the calf (?!) which seemed to plague him.

Given the fact Henry has to try and mould the place from what was left, I too am in the excited camp. In fact I'm looking forward to 2015 more than I have any other year in the past 4 or 5.
We all wanted change, we got it and now I can't wait to see it filter through. No, we won't win the thing next year, but I just look forward to not feeling completely crap after games like we did a majority of this year and being able to compete on the field.
I'm sure he's sniffi around for players too so the final roster won't really be known until down the track.
Let's gets behind the bloke and the coaching staff he's picked and see where it goes.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Great post.

I will add for me I know that I won't agree 100% with all decisions but I am mindful that there is a plan and to trust the club once more.

Also if someone can show me on the LU forum about Ballin that would be great.

Mexican titan
18-10-14, 05:40 PM

Well said RJ62. Kelly had his moments but I think he was a bit high maintenance and in think it's great to see Henry making decisions. One thing we were all peed off about was the last few years was the same old same old. Good to see someone making decisions. Some will be good and others not so, but I give him credit for trying to take the place forward.

shamus
18-10-14, 05:45 PM
Kelly and Roberts were both up my local last Thursday night. Had I known about Kelly leaving I would have wished him the best.

P.S. They were both drinking lolly water in case anyone asks.

Titan4Life
18-10-14, 06:38 PM
Pretty much sums up how I feel. Great post.

I will add for me I know that I won't agree 100% with all decisions but I am mindful that there is a plan and to trust the club once more.

Also if someone can show me on the LU forum about Ballin that would be great.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=435796&page=87

The last post on this page is about Ballin to Titans

DavidBouveng
18-10-14, 07:00 PM
Henry mentioned Aby as a poor trainer in his interview the other week, one of a couple of 'oh ****, hes naming and shaming' moments in the article.

If its n the interests of driving the training standards forwards then im all for it. And i really really loved watching alby play.

teke
18-10-14, 07:15 PM
Henry mentioned Aby as a poor trainer in his interview the other week, one of a couple of 'oh ****, hes naming and shaming' moments in the article.

If its n the interests of driving the training standards forwards then im all for it. And i really really loved watching alby play.zillys great training form vs Kelly's so called bad one. Who do u keep ? Lol

Titan4Life
18-10-14, 08:37 PM
zillys great training form vs Kelly's so called bad one. Who do u keep ? Lol

Zilly a great trainer but **** on the field. Alby is the opposite. If it was because of Kelly's lack of dedication to rehab and training than I am alright with him being released.

TITAN PETE
18-10-14, 08:48 PM
The line that caught my eye from Henry was "We have depth in the halves" :laugh:,

I hope he's throwing Elgey or Hazard into the starting squad next season because Mortimer is a 9 not a 7

If we signed Ballin that would be another joke , signing a hooker at 31 which was Friendys age when he was flicked because we had a younger version in the waiting proved to be a Master stroke NOT, one is still killing it the other has done zero ....throw the bank at DCE & hope...another long off season ahead of us.

Titan4Life
18-10-14, 10:17 PM
The line that caught my eye from Henry was "We have depth in the halves" :laugh:,

I hope he's throwing Elgey or Hazard into the starting squad next season because Mortimer is a 9 not a 7

If we signed Ballin that would be another joke , signing a hooker at 31 which was Friendys age when he was flicked because we had a younger version in the waiting proved to be a Master stroke NOT, one is still killing it the other has done zero ....throw the bank at DCE & hope...another long off season ahead of us.

I think Mortimer could be a great halfback for this team. He brings more structure and leadership compared to Kelly's loose cannon type of play (which would not get us anywhere). Morts is a great kicker and generally spreads the ball out wide more than Albert did. Would like to see Mortimer, Elgey, Hazard and Fogarty compete for the halfback spot.

I also think Ballin would be a handy pickup for the team. Although he is 31 this year, he brings experience and leadership to the team. Also, he outplays most other hookers in the game and still makes 30+ tackles every game. Definitely would rather DCE though (even though he has dropped off in recent weeks) or a strike centre.

Titanic
18-10-14, 11:36 PM
Care nought about either of them … backed Blair for little return and always thought that Kelly went down way too easy way too often … the 200k saved will go towards the fine.

teke
18-10-14, 11:52 PM
Elgey will run the halves within 2 yrs.

Kelly was a fav of mine but I won't miss him. Goodluck to the 2 over in the superleague

Titan4Life
19-10-14, 07:02 AM
Apparently Kelly was being paid more than we thought. That is a big APPARENTLY because this is a rumour thread.

josh2010: From what ive being reading they have been paying overs for Kelly. Rumoured to be on 450k a year

http://www.marathonstadium.com/showthread.php?13332-2015-NRL-Player-Rumours-amp-Signings/page65&

If this is the case then I am alright with him leaving. That is massive overs for a player who plays 10 games a year and who is undedicated to rehab and training. Though he was a great player, I would rather us save that coin for future recruitment of KEY players like a star centre or DCE.

shamus
19-10-14, 07:33 AM
Absolutely NO WAY was Kelly on $450K...he came to Titans on a minimum contract (I probably earned more than him) and to have his contract upgraded probably more than 400% I find very hard to believe.

Titan4Life
19-10-14, 07:51 AM
Absolutely NO WAY was Kelly on $450K...he came to Titans on a minimum contract (I probably earned more than him) and to have his contract upgraded probably more than 400% I find very hard to believe.

That was what I thought but I'm just reporting rumours like everyone else does. I say he would have been on 250k at most.

Toads
19-10-14, 08:57 AM
What happened to the notion that other NRL Clubs were poaching Kelly, earlier in the year?

P.S. We could do with a steaming pile of BS emoticon. :p

DIEHARD
19-10-14, 02:09 PM
I don't understand. Apparently we were supposed to be under the cap. Now we are cutting players loose which makes it seem like we have issues.

I know Kelly struggled to take to the field in 2014. But when he did he won us many games and excited the fans. We need electric players. And he was pure electricity.

I'll miss him and I'm disappointed I won't see him in our colours in 2015.

All the best for his Super League career.

mup23
19-10-14, 03:17 PM
I don't understand. Apparently we were supposed to be under the cap. Now we are cutting players loose which makes it seem like we have issues.

I know Kelly struggled to take to the field in 2014. But when he did he won us many games and excited the fans. We need electric players. And he was pure electricity.

I'll miss him and I'm disappointed I won't see him in our colours in 2015.

All the best for his Super League career.

He won games through lucky intercepts, not good footy. We only need those 1% plays if we play Cartyball and have no legitimate attacking options.
Fans are more likely to turn up if we're confident of winning than if we're confident of seeing one crazy attacking play in the whole game.

DIEHARD
19-10-14, 03:40 PM
Ok good point re: CartyBall. LOL.

But I do think there is a place in every team for a X Factor. Even if he was coming in from the bench.

I think losing Kelly affects the casual fans more than most on this forum. No disrespect to casual fans. That isn't a put down. Thy are an essential part of a healthy club.

amaline
19-10-14, 04:00 PM
He won games through lucky intercepts, not good footy. We only need those 1% plays if we play Cartyball and have no legitimate attacking options.
Fans are more likely to turn up if we're confident of winning than if we're confident of seeing one crazy attacking play in the whole game.

It could be argued that it was good placement/vision on his part that allowed him to take advantage of the opportunity. One or two could be luck, but he had more than that, didn't he?

Titan4Life
19-10-14, 05:00 PM

Yep I would rather a more structured based half rather than a lucky, x factor type of player. Kelly could have been a good impact player from the bench but at least we have more coin to spend on marquee players. Your idea of 'Cartyball' is spot on, we don't need it any more.

- - - Updated - - -

I have never thought of this but there is a few rumours floating around that we may have released Kelly to free up money for Josh Hoffman. What is everyone's thoughts on Hoffy coming here? Where would we play him.

I suppose he would want to play fullback so we could have a 1.Hoffman and 3.Mead combo. I personally would love Hoffman here as I think he is one of the best fullbacks in the game when he is firing. His defence is solid and he runs the ball back with intent and power. On the other hand, if we don't get him I wouldn't be disappointed because Mead would do a great job as well. It's a win win situation.

teke
19-10-14, 05:12 PM
I'm all for Hoffy coming here, but to say we have to free up cash for him!?...I wouldn't be paying much more than 250-350 per yr as a fb

gotitans101_
19-10-14, 05:20 PM
Not real fussed with Blair or Kelly leaving, though I'm definitely going to miss the spark Kelly gave us while he was on the field.

Incredible through all these releases, Zilly is still there smelling up the team.

teke
19-10-14, 05:22 PM
Not real fussed with Blair or Kelly leaving, though I'm definitely going to miss the spark Kelly gave us while he was on the field.

Incredible through all these releases, Zilly is still there smelling up the team.Im convinced he has a very good contract.

Geeman
19-10-14, 06:05 PM
I will be sad to see Kelly gone to a degree, he was an exciting player to watch, but he did always make me nervous defensively. I also think Blair and Taka had more to offer than what we saw under Carty's reign.(I understand Taka's release was a different situation) But I was one that wanted Carty gone, and am happy to sit back and let Henry have his turn, and if he doesn't want some of the players i love to watch, I will just have to suck it up and assume it is all part of his plan.

Bayside Titan
19-10-14, 06:20 PM
Im convinced he has a very good contract.

If you were another NRL club would you want Zilly?? :-). His contract could be written on toilet paper, however I believe that there would not be too many clubs lining up. :-).

Mexican titan
19-10-14, 07:12 PM
I have never thought of this but there is a few rumours floating around that we may have released Kelly to free up money for Josh Hoffman. What is everyone's thoughts on Hoffy coming here? Where would we play him.

I suppose he would want to play fullback so we could have a 1.Hoffman and 3.Mead combo. I personally would love Hoffman here as I think he is one of the best fullbacks in the game when he is firing. His defence is solid and he runs the ball back with intent and power. On the other hand, if we don't get him I wouldn't be disappointed because Mead would do a great job as well. It's a win win situation.

I would be happy to have Hoffman but would much prefer Barba, who is also a chance to be cut loose. I will wait to get howled down but I watched Barba pretty closely this year and I thought he worked hard to get involved and did plenty of good things. You don't lose what he had at the Dogs in a couple of years.

mup23
19-10-14, 08:10 PM
If you were another NRL club would you want Zilly?? :-). His contract could be written on toilet paper, however I believe that there would not be too many clubs lining up. :-).

The Raiders should have a crack after losing Milford and Robinson. Plus he wouldn't give them any problems off the field

Titan4Life
20-10-14, 10:11 AM
From this weeks RLW Mole Monday Scoops:

O’NEILL TO THE WARRIORS?

Storm utility back Justin O’Neill could be headed to the Titans. O’Neill was linked with the Warriors a couple of weeks ago before the Kiwi club went cold on the move. But new Titans coach Neil Henry wants to strengthen his outside backs and is considering giving O’Neill a start.

Toads
20-10-14, 11:37 AM
Have we still got Taka, or is he gone?

Titanic
20-10-14, 01:39 PM
At least O'Neil plays on the left and I hope that commonsense prevails and we get Takairangi back.

1. Mead, 2. O'Neil, 3. Tighe, 4. Takairangi, 5. Don, 6. Sezer, 7. Mortimer (until one of the kids show something).

Titan4Life
20-10-14, 02:00 PM
At least O'Neil plays on the left and I hope that commonsense prevails and we get Takairangi back.

1. Mead, 2. O'Neil, 3. Tighe, 4. Takairangi, 5. Don, 6. Sezer, 7. Mortimer (until one of the kids show something).

What about Roberts?

My back line would be:
1. Mead
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. O'Neill
5. KFFL
6. Sezer
7. Mortimer/Elgey/Fogarty/Hazard

Titan4Life
20-10-14, 04:53 PM
From the Lurker's Monday Rumour File:

Where to now for Takairangi?

Talented utility back Brad Takairangi is in limbo since the Tigers pulled out of a deal to sign him.
The Eels came close to picking up the Titans centre/back-rower - but have salary cap problems.
At this stage, it looks like Takairangi may return to the Titans for 2015.

Titanic
20-10-14, 05:27 PM
Did they keep his flat for him? And just for the record, I like Faifailoa but I think he must be vaguely related to Michaels :)

DIEHARD
20-10-14, 06:59 PM
I'd be happy for Taka to remain in our ranks.

DavidBouveng
20-10-14, 08:33 PM
eels have salary cap issues lol! i guess hayne million hasnt left much space or they plannig to use it on folau. i think will hopoate would do the job well for them.

i would be ok with Taka. i would like to see Henry use him in a gav cooper role. hitting that sweet hole on the inside line with a steaming Mead sweeping outside....i need a cup of tea and a lie down.

O'neil would be good, but we are centre killers. we basically retired Jake webster from the NRL, and couldnt utilise and tomane got poached into the ARU where he is now a wallaby. (not that big a deal actually lol).

i think use what we have until we work out our halves and spine, then add a centre as the cherry on top later on

toddythetitan
20-10-14, 09:32 PM
So have we lost faith in gordon?

Davis13
20-10-14, 09:35 PM
http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-dragons-may-have-to-offload-eight-players-to-ease-salary-cap-concerns/story-fnp0lyn6-1227096431656?from=public_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=cmailrugbyleague

Noticed it said Beale likely to Titans. Anybody else heard of this? Any truth?

Titan4Life
20-10-14, 09:37 PM
http://m.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-dragons-may-have-to-offload-eight-players-to-ease-salary-cap-concerns/story-fnp0lyn6-1227096431656?from=public_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=cmailrugbyleague

Noticed it said Beale likely to Titans. Anybody else heard of this? Any truth?

Have not heard of it but he would be alright as he has played at centre this year. Though I feel we should save our money for marquee players

teke
20-10-14, 09:46 PM
Beale is about as marquee as u can get. He's one talented chap

Titanic
20-10-14, 10:39 PM
Beale is about as marquee as u can get. He's one talented chap
I don't think he's quite up there with the Sam Burger et al, but at left centre, you've won me.

Bayside Titan
20-10-14, 11:10 PM

Noticed it said Beale likely to Titans. Anybody else heard of this? Any truth?.

No not at all. There was some other article saying he was off to the Warriors.

However in the past week we have been linked to Hoffman, O'Neil and now Beale.... Just seems like a big fishing exercise....Cast the net out and see who will catch....I would be happy with anyone of those three.

TitansFan92
21-10-14, 12:49 PM
I would like to see the club sign both Beale and O'Neil. And we would only spend as much on them that we would have to spend on Hoffman to the club. They would make a great Wing/Centre combo.

TitansFan92
21-10-14, 05:05 PM
So have we lost faith in gordon?

For me yes I have. Since he has come back from major injury he just doesn't look like he has the confidence to run anymore.

Titan4Life
21-10-14, 05:07 PM
I agree that Beale would be a good signing. Although he is not a marquee player, he does his job and always plays solidly. He is only young and can slip into every position in the backline which will help fill our vacant centre spot.

As for O'Neill, I wouldn't mind him either but the only issue I have is his recent form drop. This year he has not been on his game. Not to mention that just about every Storm player to leave the club suddenly goes from top player to reserve grade standard.

Both would be handy pickups for the club and would help add depth to the backline, especially the vacant centre spot.

Titan4Life
21-10-14, 09:02 PM
RLW Mole said that Justin O'Neill is the more likely signing out of the two.

Bayside Titan
21-10-14, 09:47 PM
RLW Mole said that Justin O'Neill is the more likely signing out of the two.

When did he say that?

toddythetitan
21-10-14, 09:53 PM
Hey guys did we end up finding anyone at the ultimate 2nd chance talent camp that was held at the gold coast (the dom walsh one) just wondering if the gc locals saw anything on the news or in the bulli or word of mouth cheers guys

Titan4Life
22-10-14, 05:51 AM
When did he say that?

On Twitter last night

toddythetitan
23-10-14, 01:13 PM
Looks like we may have the tigers and jason taylor to thank for taka staying as they will have to pay a portion of his salary as he had signed a contract according to todays rlw week mole

Titanic
23-10-14, 01:56 PM
haha ... great move

Mexican titan
23-10-14, 07:33 PM
Looks like we may have the tigers and jason taylor to thank for taka staying as they will have to pay a portion of his salary as he had signed a contract according to todays rlw week mole

I was watching the Back Page on Monday night and James Hooper mentioned Taka would be with Parra. Mind you I have never heard or read that anywhere else.

Titan4Life
24-10-14, 07:24 AM
I was watching the Back Page on Monday night and James Hooper mentioned Taka would be with Parra. Mind you I have never heard or read that anywhere else.

By the sounds of it Parra has dropped the move and now he will either stay here or go to another club with a late bid.

teke
24-10-14, 12:20 PM
I want Taka gone so the "G" can grab the 4th bench spot later in the yr to blood himself for future dominance.

Elgey is the modern day Geoff Toovey lol

Blade07
24-10-14, 08:07 PM
Any news on our 2015 jerseys
9s or NRL ones ?

DavidBouveng
24-10-14, 09:43 PM
9s or NRL ones ?

hopefully they are the same, just with different sponsor. couldn't improve any of them if you ask me.

hope they leave them the same so people can sense some stability.

DIEHARD
24-10-14, 09:55 PM
hopefully they are the same, just with different sponsor. couldn't improve any of them if you ask me.

hope they leave them the same so people can sense some stability.

I agree mate. Good jerseys, need some good effort to match.

Blade07
24-10-14, 10:43 PM
Any idea on the new sponsors for the jerseys?

DIEHARD
25-10-14, 11:40 AM
Any idea on the new sponsors for the jerseys?

I haven't heard anything. It would be interesting if it was a Chinese company.

Titan4Life
25-10-14, 03:40 PM
9s or NRL ones ?

Some bloke on FB said he asked BLK last week and they said the designers were working on them, so maybe we will see a new one.

Personally I don't see the need to change them. This year's jerseys were fine and had a traditional rugby league design so it would be a waste of money to make new ones. Stick with the same design and just change the front sponsors IMO.

TitansFan92
25-10-14, 07:15 PM
Some bloke on FB said he asked BLK last week and they said the designers were working on them, so maybe we will see a new one.

Personally I don't see the need to change them. This year's jerseys were fine and had a traditional rugby league design so it would be a waste of money to make new ones. Stick with the same design and just change the front sponsors IMO.

Maybe that is on BLK is working with them on is the Sponsor. Just wouldn't make sense to change it.

Hail Sezer
25-10-14, 08:00 PM
We can only change the home jersey once every three years I'm fairly sure - we should be sweet

Titan4Life
25-10-14, 08:34 PM
We can only change the home jersey once every three years I'm fairly sure - we should be sweet

I swear we have changed our home jerseys every single year but I will take your word for it.

Hail Sezer
25-10-14, 08:51 PM
I swear we have changed our home jerseys every single year but I will take your word for it.

We were able to do that due to a change in manufacturer.

Think of our 2010, 2011 and 2012 jerseys for an example of this rule being implemented

Bayside Titan
25-10-14, 10:21 PM
It seems like we have had a chat to Martin Kennedy. Broncos will have to payout some of his contract it seems as well. Could get him cheap.

Brisbane Broncos prop Martin Kennedy set to return to Sydney Roosters
CHRIS GARRY
THE COURIER-MAIL
OCTOBER 25, 2014 11:00PM

BRONCOS prop Martin Kennedy is set for a shock return to his former club the Sydney Roosters.

Kennedy will not be at the Broncos next year and with the Melbourne Storm pulling out of negotiations, it is now a race between the Roosters and Gold Coast Titans to sign him.

Also looks like a two horse race for Hoffman from the same article in the CM.
Josh Hoffman will make a decision on his future in the next two weeks.

His manager Paul Hogan met with Hoffman on Friday afternoon. He said there were still “three to four clubs” that were an option for the fullback.

Either the New Zealand Warriors or Gold Coast Titans appear Hoffman’s likely destination.

Titan4Life
26-10-14, 12:01 PM
An extract from article on Zero Tackle about Dragons:

While Rose’s deal is yet to be signed off, the Dragons are close to announcing the signatures of former Sydney Roosters hooker Heath L’Estrange and Gold Coast Titans utility Beau Henry — the same club to which Dragons outside back Gerard Beale has been linked.

Bayside Titan
28-10-14, 09:21 AM
The Lurker saying that we are more likely to sign ONeil and not Hoffman or Beale.

Hail Sezer
28-10-14, 09:27 AM
The Lurker saying that we are more likely to sign ONeil and not Hoffman or Beale.

He's taking stab in the dark as usual

Toads
28-10-14, 09:53 AM
Yup, He/She is no more informed than what we are. Pretty well most of what's been posted here is what we have speculated about previously..

TitansFan92
28-10-14, 10:21 AM
So I am staying on the GC at the moment for business and as I was walking though the lobby of my Hotel I saw O'Neil at the reception desk. I didn't want to bother him. Hopefully he is here to sign a deal. Could just be here for a holiday as well.

Titan4Life
28-10-14, 10:24 AM
So I am staying on the GC at the moment for business and as I was walking though the lobby of my Hotel I saw O'Neil at the reception desk. I didn't want to bother him. Hopefully he is here to sign a deal. Could just be here for a holiday as well.
Wow that could be big news! Maybe he has already signed a deal and we are going to announce it soon. It is a possibility that, as you said, he is on holidays.

shamus
28-10-14, 05:35 PM
http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/10/28/sea_eagles_sign_mason_mateo_vave_and_extend_lyon_s _contract.html

Willie Mason, Feleti Mateo and Siosaia Vave have all signed for the Eagles

....and Anthony Watmough is gone.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2014/10/28/anthony_watmough_granted_release_by_sea_eagles.htm l

Titan4Life
28-10-14, 07:40 PM
Saw on 9 news tonight that David Hala from the Broncos has signed with us. No confirmation anywhere else but being on the news is pretty reliable :) What's everyone's thoughts?

Personally, I think he will be good for us. A good young player who can run hard and give us impact off the bench. Not a marquee player but a handy backup player for the forwards. Hopefully we didn't pay overs for him though.

Bayside Titan
28-10-14, 07:40 PM
Abit of noise on facebook and Twitter that we have signed Dave Hala from the Broncos. Anybody else heard this?

Titan4Life
28-10-14, 07:42 PM
Abit of noise on facebook and Twitter that we have signed Dave Hala from the Broncos. Anybody else heard this?

Haha just posted it a few seconds before you. Yes I have heard it and it is flying around Twitter atm

K2G
28-10-14, 07:49 PM
Massive history of injuries - equally huge potential. By rights, should've be a star by now. Hopefully has a few good seasons in him. Could prove to be an astute buy. I doubt we would've paid much for him, given his base contract at brisbane (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-put-injuryplagued-david-hala-on-notice-by-slashing-his-salary/story-fniabm4i-1226946861619). Good signing if legit IMO.

Mexican titan
28-10-14, 08:20 PM
He has a had a few wraps on him but has only delivered inconsistently. However I think he might turn out a good buy and I think he is still fairly young.

Titan4Life
28-10-14, 08:20 PM
So as it stands now it seems we are likely to sign Justin O'Neill and David Hala for next year. Hoffman and Beale are also likely but we can't afford everyone so if we get O'Neill we may not be able to buy Beale/Hoffman.

Hail Sezer
28-10-14, 08:32 PM
Hope he can go on a decent injury-free run. KI2G summed it up well and I'd also like to add that it will be nice having another bloke who can bend the line. Has that playing style that the fans love too so he's a good pickup from that perspective.

His value will be determined by how healthy he can be

Titanic
29-10-14, 12:07 AM
Hala does nothing for me but might give someone at Burleigh a horn.

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 06:50 AM
Getting rid of more unneeded players to clear salary cap space:

@FOXSportsNews: .@NRL_Dragons confirm Heath L'Estrange and Beau Henry have joined the club on one-year contracts #NRL

TITAN PETE
29-10-14, 06:51 AM
Hala does nothing for me but might give someone at Burleigh a horn.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 07:15 AM
This is what we need from Hala:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NISAjrRYnxg

I am pretty worried about his defence though. Heard he is a pretty ordinary defender.

Hail Sezer
29-10-14, 07:26 AM
Grill Team reporting that it is between us and the Raiders for Hoffman, with us the most likely

Hail Sezer
29-10-14, 12:12 PM
Broncos have released him, looks like its done.

Jeez hes a big unit

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/10/29/1227105/757991-fc0a11fc-5f00-11e4-bfd9-14a3bab01828.jpg

Bayside Titan
29-10-14, 12:48 PM
If we have signed Hala I would hope for not much as he is injury prone and incentives to stay fit and healthy.

So way just thinking of our Prop Stocks please add to the list of I have forgotten someone.
Douglas
White
Iione.
Myles (should be second row )
James
Binge.

teke
29-10-14, 12:57 PM
Hala is Aaron Cannings 2.0

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 02:34 PM
Hala is Aaron Cannings 2.0

I disagree mate. If we can get Hala fit and keep him injury free, he could be a wrecking ball for us.

- - - Updated - - -

So we are rumoured to Hala, O'Neill and Hoffman. Surely we can't afford them all as we have so called "constraints" atm (which I think is just saying Henry will focus on 2016s market because the departures of Mini, Bailey, Harrison and Kelly would easily add up to 600k+)

Toads
29-10-14, 02:44 PM
Broncos have released him, looks like its done.

Jeez hes a big unit

Looks as if he'd be handy if you needed a Buffet destroyed..

Bayside Titan
29-10-14, 03:28 PM
@chrisgarry1: Dave Hala has signed a two year deal with the @GCTitans

Mexican titan
29-10-14, 04:22 PM
I disagree mate. If we can get Hala fit and keep him injury free, he could be a wrecking ball for us.

- - - Updated - - -

So we are rumoured to Hala, O'Neill and Hoffman. Surely we can't afford them all as we have so called "constraints" atm (which I think is just saying Henry will focus on 2016s market because the departures of Mini, Bailey, Harrison and Kelly would easily add up to 600k+)

Yeah. Aaron Cannings I thought would really kick on at Manly but was a waste of space - a lot of space.
I have long given up trying to work out how the Titans have salary cap issues as I couldn't believe we are paying at or near the cap with our current roster. I think sometimes the cap excuse is used when a club is shedding players they don't really want or are waiting for a marquee player to come on to the market.
I would assume Hala and O'Neill would not cost a lot - I think the players gone that you have mentioned would be closer to $1m. Hopefully the club has targeted players, and some good ones, and I agree 2016 seems to be the time. Certainly should give a good message to those there in 2015 that it's time to perform or see ya later.:wave:

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 04:43 PM
An extract from article HS was talking about:

Josh Hoffman: "It’s down to Canberra Raiders and Gold Coast Titans, Smart money would say Titans, it would be a perfect fit". WATCH this space for news on Josh Hoffman going to The Titans.

Dave Hala: “Has actually ASKED for the release, he went and saw Wayne and looks set to head to Gold Coast Titans”... “Titans looking for a player to come on in last 10 minutes of first half with a bit of punch and first 10 of second half” Hala would fill that role.

http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/sport/nrl/news/2014/10/more-blood-letting-brisbane-broncos/

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 05:04 PM
On the radio on triple m today, the guy said that the Titans have got rid of Albert Kelly and David Mead which will allow them to get Hoffman. LOL WTF?!?! Surely he meant Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair.

teke
29-10-14, 06:12 PM
On the radio on triple m today, the guy said that the Titans have got rid of Albert Kelly and David Mead which will allow them to get Hoffman. LOL WTF?!?! Surely he meant Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair.Monday will big announcement. :eyebrows:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. Aaron Cannings I thought would really kick on at Manly but was a waste of space - a lot of space.
I have long given up trying to work out how the Titans have salary cap issues as I couldn't believe we are paying at or near the cap with our current roster. I think sometimes the cap excuse is used when a club is shedding players they don't really want or are waiting for a marquee player to come on to the market.
I would assume Hala and O'Neill would not cost a lot - I think the players gone that you have mentioned would be closer to $1m. Hopefully the club has targeted players, and some good ones, and I agree 2016 seems to be the time. Certainly should give a good message to those there in 2015 that it's time to perform or see ya later.:wave:I suspect Halal is also going to be a big waste of space here at the Titans. But as T4L is going to thumb this down I have to give him
My full support. ;)

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 06:28 PM
Monday will big announcement. :eyebrows:

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect Halal is also going to be a big waste of space here at the Titans. But as T4L is going to thumb this down I have to give him
My full support. ;)

Is the big announcement Mead leaving???? Please tell me it isn't :frown:

Hahaha I'm not going to dislike your post.

Titan4Life
29-10-14, 07:05 PM
Don't tell me that you are just trying to start a fire by spreading false rumours teke :laugh:

TITAN PETE
29-10-14, 11:07 PM
Monday will big announcement. :eyebrows:

Taneal won't look good wearing a Burka :rolleyes:

Titan4Life
30-10-14, 06:55 AM
Gold Coast Titans closer to signing Broncos fullback Josh Hoffman
TRAVIS MEYN
GOLD COAST BULLETIN
OCTOBER 30, 2014 12:00AM

STOP the fight right now. It’s the sand and sun of Surfers Paradise up against Parliament House in Canberra as the Gold Coast Titans close in on securing unwanted Broncos fullback Josh Hoffman.

The noise out of the Titans camp is getting stronger, with the club growing increasingly confident they will secure the services of the New Zealand representative, possibly within the next week.

Hoffman is across the ditch preparing for a possible berth in Saturday’s Four Nations clash against Samoa.

But the 26-year-old custodian is keen to sort out his *future in quick time after being given permission to look elsewhere by new Broncos coach Wayne Bennett.

The Titans have cash to splash after offloading Albert Kelly and Maurice Blair to Hull KR in the Super League.

They are set to snare fringe prop David Hala from the Broncos on a cut-price two-year deal while Brad Takairangi could be on his way to Parramatta.

Journeyman playmaker Beau Henry won’t be at the Gold Coast next year after signing a one-year deal with his former club St George Illawarra Dragons.

The Titans’ biggest competitor for Hoffman is Ricky Stuart’s Raiders, who have *tabled an attractive package.

But the Mackay product is keen to stay in Queensland, which the Titans hope swings the deal in their favour.

Hoffman’s manager Paul Hogan said the Test star was keen to sort his future out soon and that the Titans were in contention.

“We’d rather make a decision sooner rather than later,” Hogan said.

“They’ve certainly shown some interest and there’s a couple of other clubs involved as well. We’re getting down to it. Obviously he’s born in Queensland and Brisbane has been his home for the last eight years.

“That’s (staying in Queensland) certainly a consideration but it’s not necessarily the deciding factor.

“We’ll be weighing all our options up and looking at where we think he can play his best football, look after his family the best and be happy.”

Hoffman has previously sought releases from the Broncos to play fullback elsewhere after being pitched at five-eighth and on the wing by former coach Anthony Griffin.

New Titans coach Neil Henry is a fan of Hoffman and will give him the opportunity to press his claims for the Gold Coast’s No. 1 jersey.

Henry has already made it clear David Mead would be given a chance to challenge William Zillman for the fullback role and Hoffman’s inclusion would add even more competition for the job.

The Titans begin pre-season training at their new The Southport School base on Monday as they look for an improved performance in 2015.

shamus
30-10-14, 08:16 AM
I have long given up trying to work out how the Titans have salary cap issues as I couldn't believe we are paying at or near the cap with our current roster.

I am fairly sure I read somewhere that clubs only need to spend 75% of their cap on players. With Titans past (and I assume ongoing) financial troubles perhaps that is all that they have used in the past.

K2G
30-10-14, 08:40 AM
Auva'a testing his value on the open market. I'd much rather him than Hoffman.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rabbitohs-centre-auvaa-could-be-on-the-move-15512/

Bayside Titan
30-10-14, 08:56 AM
I am fairly sure I read somewhere that clubs only need to spend 75% of their cap on players. With Titans past (and I assume ongoing) financial troubles perhaps that is all that they have used in the past.

You are right we haven't been able to spend all the CAP. We have used some of it to fund the football department Etc.

Squinter98
30-10-14, 11:36 AM
Saw This on The Lurker

‏@gc_anthony Where is Josh Hoffman going? Are Titans the favourites? Also is David Mead leaving the Titans? #asklurk
The Lurker: I think he will be at the Titans - and soon. At this point Mead is staying - but he is a bit restless.

K2G
30-10-14, 11:46 AM
Can Hoffman play centre?

Bayside Titan
30-10-14, 12:04 PM
In the same Lurker article.
@Batesy99 wat Fullbacks are the Raiders chasing ???
The Lurker: They want Hoffman but he will end up at the Titans. Brett Stewart looking like he will stay at Manly.

Titan4Life
30-10-14, 12:10 PM
Saw This on The Lurker

‏@gc_anthony Where is Josh Hoffman going? Are Titans the favourites? Also is David Mead leaving the Titans? #asklurk
The Lurker: I think he will be at the Titans - and soon. At this point Mead is staying - but he is a bit restless.

That's my question :)

- - - Updated - - -

Can Hoffman play centre?

I believe he can play centre and fullback. Dominant ball runner and can hit holes. Not to mention he is a great defender as well.

JunctionBlock
30-10-14, 12:48 PM
Auva'a testing his value on the open market. I'd much rather him than Hoffman.

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/rabbitohs-centre-auvaa-could-be-on-the-move-15512/

I think it should be a new rule of journalism that you need to mention how much they can bench when you mention their name.

mup23
30-10-14, 01:01 PM
They should also mention if a player has swung a woman into a garage wall. Auva'a shouldn't be near our club or the NRL in general

Hail Sezer
30-10-14, 01:08 PM
I think it should be a new rule of journalism that you need to mention how much they can bench when you mention their name.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

K2G
30-10-14, 01:18 PM

Haha.
Quick, someone find out how much Hoffman can lift... (I've got my money on T4L)

I actually think the NRL can learn a lot from NFL in regards to availability of individual player statistics. knowing a players 40 yard dash time, or vertical jump just adds to fan engagement IMO. But yeah, random mentions of off contract nrl payers bench press records screams of lazy journalism.

Kirisome potentially leaving the rabbitohs after winning a gf in his maiden season, to chase the dollar, says plenty more about the bloke than his max lift does... But hey, the kid can play.

- - - Updated - - -

They should also mention if a player has swung a woman into a garage wall. Auva'a shouldn't be near our club or the NRL in general

You know who our co-captains are right?

Hail Sezer
30-10-14, 01:46 PM
Taka just tweeted it's his last day on the coast

Looks like he's off for certain

mup23
30-10-14, 01:51 PM
Bird was found not guilty but signing him turned away a lot of fans and potential fans. The Titans and the NRL should either take a real stand against guys found guilty of assaulting women or ditch the Women in League round and connection completely

- - - Updated - - -

Also, based on form I wouldn't be too upset if Bird left with the baggage that he'll always carry

Titan4Life
30-10-14, 02:28 PM
Haha.
Quick, someone find out how much Hoffman can lift... (I've got my money on T4L)

I actually think the NRL can learn a lot from NFL in regards to availability of individual player statistics. knowing a players 40 yard dash time, or vertical jump just adds to fan engagement IMO. But yeah, random mentions of off contract nrl payers bench press records screams of lazy journalism.

Kirisome potentially leaving the rabbitohs after winning a gf in his maiden season, to chase the dollar, says plenty more about the bloke than his max lift does... But hey, the kid can play.

Haha here I am :wave:

Hoffman:
Bench Press - 120kg
Squat Max - 150kg
40m sprint time - 4.9 seconds

http://www.catalystsports.net/index.php/players/josh-hoffman

Auva'a:
Bench Press - 150kg

- - - Updated - - -

Taka just tweeted it's his last day on the coast

Looks like he's off for certain

Disappointing as I thought he could have added something to our team, especially in the back row (where he never really got a chance). His departure really does clear up some of our salary cap. We should have a load of money to spend. No reason we can't get a marquee player or two here in the next few years.

K2G
30-10-14, 02:39 PM
Bird was found not guilty but signing him turned away a lot of fans and potential fans. The Titans and the NRL should either take a real stand against guys found guilty of assaulting women or ditch the Women in League round and connection completely

- - - Updated - - -

Also, based on form I wouldn't be too upset if Bird left with the baggage that he'll always carry

Bird was found guilty (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/greg-bird-guilty-of-assault-over-girlfriend-glassing/story-e6freymi-1225704644302?nk=6abb3c78794e453f835bf65c2e30cb6d) ? He may of been acquitted, but there's no doubting what he did. Did he turn some fans away? sure, probably. But it's impossible for any of us to say he, or any individual player has turned more fans away than they have won over / gained for the club, which makes that argument almost irrelevant.

Legal semantics aside... I was just pointing out the arbitrary nature of 'taking a stand' or 'drawing a line'... If you don't want Kirisome Auva'a at the club, that means you also shouldn't want Greg Inglis here either...

It's all well and good to say the club and the game in general should take a stand, draw a line etc etc, but the issue is so much more complicated than that. Who's to say that reforming the individual through rugby league won't do more to ameliorate the social problem of domestic abuse, or that a zero-tolerance policy won't exacerbate it?

Anyways, there's no chance of us signing Auva'a, so don't frett mate. I actualy agree with you about Bird's form, and also wouldn't mind offloading him and myles when their current contracts are up.

Sorry for getting things off topic.

K2G
30-10-14, 02:52 PM
Josh Hoffman set to sign with Gold Coast Titans, freeing cash for Darius Boyd to join Broncos (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-hoffman-set-to-sign-with-gold-coast-titans-freeing-cash-for-darius-boyd-to-join-broncos/story-fniabrr8-1227107332072)
CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL OCTOBER 30, 2014 2:25PM

BRONCOS fullback Josh Hoffman is set to sign with the Gold Coast Titans, ending his seven season career in Brisbane.

With Hoffman finding a home, it means Darius Boyd can now be fit into the Broncos’ salary cap.

The Titans appear to have won the race for Hoffman, who is currently in New Zealand with the Kiwis squad, who are preparing for a Test against Samoa.

Hoffman had received significant interest from Canberra and the New Zealand Warriors, but always wanted to stay in Queensland.

The contract will be signed when Hoffman returns from Kiwis duty, but it is understood the terms of the deal have been agreed to.

Asked if a deal had been signed, Hoffman’s manager Paul Hogan said “not yet mate”.

The Broncos granted Hoffman permission to find another club so he can play the fullback position he craves.

At the Titans, he will face competition from Will Zillman and David Mead for the role, but on previous form, the Mackay-born talent would be their best option.

The Titans also signed another Broncos player this week in prop Dave Hala.

Rumour is it's a 3 year deal http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2014/10/reports-brisbane-broncos-josh-hoffman-signs-with-gold-coast-titans/

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

F*
I'm holding out hope that Henry is at least open to playing Mead at fullback and Hoffman at centre.

Hail Sezer
30-10-14, 03:01 PM
Haha here I am :wave:

Hoffman:
Bench Press - 120kg
Squat Max - 150kg
40m sprint time - 4.9 seconds

http://www.catalystsports.net/index.php/players/josh-hoffman

Auva'a:
Bench Press - 150kg

- - - Updated - - -

Disappointing as I thought he could have added something to our team, especially in the back row (where he never really got a chance). His departure really does clear up some of our salary cap. We should have a load of money to spend. No reason we can't get a marquee player or two here in the next few years.

Well done on being able to google "Josh Hoffman Bench Press" :thumbsup: you detective you!

Seriously though..120 bench and 150 squat? That has to be wrong? Not shifting much weight at all

Regarding Taka..I was never his biggest fan but you can't question his utility value and the potential he had if played in the 2nd row.

I see no reason why we can't be in the market for Beale or O'Neil. Our centre stocks currently consist of Jamie Dowling, Brad Tighe and Davin Crampton. We're going to sign someone else surely?

Chris Garry has just tweeted that Hoffman has signed with us. I think we can start re-evaluating our 2015 teams now.

- - - Updated - - -

Josh Hoffman set to sign with Gold Coast Titans, freeing cash for Darius Boyd to join Broncos (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-hoffman-set-to-sign-with-gold-coast-titans-freeing-cash-for-darius-boyd-to-join-broncos/story-fniabrr8-1227107332072)
CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL OCTOBER 30, 2014 2:25PM

BRONCOS fullback Josh Hoffman is set to sign with the Gold Coast Titans, ending his seven season career in Brisbane.

With Hoffman finding a home, it means Darius Boyd can now be fit into the Broncos’ salary cap.

The Titans appear to have won the race for Hoffman, who is currently in New Zealand with the Kiwis squad, who are preparing for a Test against Samoa.

Hoffman had received significant interest from Canberra and the New Zealand Warriors, but always wanted to stay in Queensland.

The contract will be signed when Hoffman returns from Kiwis duty, but it is understood the terms of the deal have been agreed to.

Asked if a deal had been signed, Hoffman’s manager Paul Hogan said “not yet mate”.

The Broncos granted Hoffman permission to find another club so he can play the fullback position he craves.

At the Titans, he will face competition from Will Zillman and David Mead for the role, but on previous form, the Mackay-born talent would be their best option.

The Titans also signed another Broncos player this week in prop Dave Hala.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

F*
I'm holding out hope that Henry is at least open to playing Mead at fullback and Hoffman at centre.

I really have no idea what is going to happen.

I am a big fan of Hoffman as a player. Love his aggression and how he puts his body on the line. Tackle breaks like an animal too. However it's a bitter sweet feeling after how much I love seeing Meady at fullback and want him there long-term.

A bit torn..I think if we don't sign a quality proven centre then I'll be with you K2G...Hoffman to rock the #3 and preferably mead at the back. Sorry Titanic I know it's a square peg in a round hole but at the moment we don't have any round pegs :nope:

K2G
30-10-14, 03:22 PM
I just really don't see what Hoffman can do that Mead can't. The Broncos gave him EVERY opportunity to make the fullback spot his own, and he just couldn't do it. I'm not a blind fan saying Mead is a superstar fullback of Inglis / Hayne proportions, but if he hasn't earnt a real shot at the #1 the hard way, then I have never seen a player who has. Hoffman has better stats but Mead has never had the opportunities or players around him (let alone the coaching) that Hoffman has. If there is completely unbiased competition for the spot over the preseason, and Hoffman beats out Mead, then so be it, but I have little doubt that should Hoffman sign, he will be trumpeted as a marquee signing (laughable) and the #1 will be his to loose ... in which case, I hope Mead does walk. He deserves better.

As for the square pegs argument. It goes against everything that's good about rugby league. If a player has ability, if a coach has nous, if the moment calls for a champion to step up ... let it be so. I love seeing players progress and develop under good, strategic coaching. There is a difference between playing a guy out of position, and giving a young kid time, faith and confidence to grow and develop their game and adapt to new, unfamiliar position. It's called patience. That's what I'm going with anyway...

#Mead1Hoffman3

Titan4Life
30-10-14, 04:09 PM
Well done on being able to google "Josh Hoffman Bench Press" :thumbsup: you detective you!

Seriously though..120 bench and 150 squat? That has to be wrong? Not shifting much weight at all

Regarding Taka..I was never his biggest fan but you can't question his utility value and the potential he had if played in the 2nd row.

I see no reason why we can't be in the market for Beale or O'Neil. Our centre stocks currently consist of Jamie Dowling, Brad Tighe and Davin Crampton. We're going to sign someone else surely?

Chris Garry has just tweeted that Hoffman has signed with us. I think we can start re-evaluating our 2015 teams now.

- - - Updated - - -

I really have no idea what is going to happen.

I am a big fan of Hoffman as a player. Love his aggression and how he puts his body on the line. Tackle breaks like an animal too. However it's a bitter sweet feeling after how much I love seeing Meady at fullback and want him there long-term.

A bit torn..I think if we don't sign a quality proven centre then I'll be with you K2G...Hoffman to rock the #3 and preferably mead at the back. Sorry Titanic I know it's a square peg in a round hole but at the moment we don't have any round pegs :nope:

Yes I'm very tech savvy aren't I ;)

I'm also torn because I love Meady but also realise that Hoffman is a great player when firing. I think having Hoffman is a positive because he can fill a variety of positions in the backline. I would also like the club to chase Beale/O'Neill to add depth to our centres. Surely after releasing all of these players we would have sufficient funds for Hoffman and another quality centre.

Titan4Life
30-10-14, 04:54 PM
Here is a Josh Hoffman highlights video from 2013. Shows him playing both fullback and centre.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKzFzfuY2u8

shamus
30-10-14, 04:54 PM
Legal semantics aside...

Who's to say that reforming the individual through rugby league won't do more to ameliorate the social problem of domestic abuse, or that a zero-tolerance policy won't exacerbate it?

Geez Louise.......All them big words you gotta be related to Titanic!

Titan4Life
30-10-14, 05:00 PM
Hoff Off To The Titans
Posted: 30 October, 2014 by Triple M NRL

Josh Hoffman has signed a three-year-deal with the Gold Coast Titans, starting from for 2015.

"Josh Hoffman has agreed to terms for 2015 with the Gold Coast Titans. A massive signing," said Dobbo, on Triple M Brisbane.

"I'm hearing it was a really hard deal to broker between the Broncos and Titans but they came to an agreement.

"This will make way for Darius Boyd to come to Brisbane."

It's believed this was his decision because coach Wayne Bennett made it very clear he wouldn't be playing fullback and that he would be on the wing.

The Titans beat a number of other teams to snare Hoffman, including the Titans, Raiders and Bulldogs.

Hoffman has spent his entire playing career at the Broncos, having made his debut in 2008. He's played 109 first-grade games in the positions of wing, centre, fullback and five-eighth.

The 26-year-old is currently playing for the Kiwis in the Four Nations.

Gold Coast coach Neil Henry will have some decisions to make with William Zillman the club's first-choice fullback, and speedster David Mead is also in contention.