PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Squad Signings and Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Bayside Titan
13-05-15, 12:39 PM
If Myles goes we should throw some coin at Grevsmuhl....QLDer too.

Apparently today we will hear that Myles is leaving the club at years end. Not sure the club though. Bad day for the club.

Hail Sezer
13-05-15, 01:07 PM
Apparently today we will hear that Myles is leaving the club at years end. Not sure the club though. Bad day for the club.

Bad day for he club you reckon mate? i'm all for loyalty but..

Whilst i agree that it is always going to be sad that we can't re-sign our captain, the bigger picture really needs to be looked at. Can you honestly say that you would be comfortable with Myles receiving the 550k extension that he wants? I really can't. He hasn't earnt that upgrade. It's not like we didn't try to keep him; we just didn't try to keep him for 550k. Which IMO is completely understandable.

Surfers66
13-05-15, 01:17 PM

Whilst i agree that it is always going to be said that we can't re-sign our captain, the bigger picture really needs to be looked at. Can you honestly say that you would be comfortable with Myles receiving the 550k extension that he wants? I really can't. He hasn't earnt that upgrade. It's not like we didn't try to keep him; we just didn't try to keep him for 550k. Which IMO is completely understandable.

Yeah fair enough, its a lot of money. I like myles and he does do a fair bit that many people wouldnt notice.
His tackling style hurts people and i know i would not want to be hit when he is leading with his melon.
A good buy for us but i think both parties win if he leaves as long as we pick up a few up and comers with the money.

Grevsmuhl's game on Monday was great and i like his style down that left side. Not sure if we are a chance or interested.

Mexican titan
13-05-15, 01:57 PM

Whilst i agree that it is always going to be sad that we can't re-sign our captain, the bigger picture really needs to be looked at. Can you honestly say that you would be comfortable with Myles receiving the 550k extension that he wants? I really can't. He hasn't earnt that upgrade. It's not like we didn't try to keep him; we just didn't try to keep him for 550k. Which IMO is completely understandable.

Spot on mate. Remember what his form was like before this year and it is only a coincidence that it has picked up in the year that the option needed to be exercised. I like him and would keep him if the contract was reasonable, say $400k, but if a club wants to pay him $500k a year for the next three years then good luck to them.

Hail Sezer
13-05-15, 03:46 PM
Myles > Manly 3 yr deal. Good on him.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 04:07 PM
Good luck to him and his family. No hard feelings. And queue DCE rumours 3,2,1.....

TitansFan92
13-05-15, 04:09 PM
Good luck to him and his family. No hard feelings. And queue DCE rumours 3,2,1.....

You can count on the rumors. Good luck to Myles finally the club has taken a stand and refused to pay overs for a player.

Mexican titan
13-05-15, 04:12 PM

Here we go again.
There was a post above about Grevsmuhl - apparently Souths have taken up a one year option on him. But lets just get steeled for the next round of DCE stuff.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 04:13 PM
You can count on the rumors. Good luck to Myles finally the club has taken a stand and refused to pay overs for a player.

It seems to be a players market at the moment so you can't blame them for taking the big money that some clubs are offering as it won't last for long. Makes the Elgey signing even more special for the club.

TitansFan92
13-05-15, 04:16 PM
It seems to be a players market at the moment so you can't blame them for taking the big money that some clubs are offering as it won't last for long. Makes the Elgey signing even more special for the club.

You got to take the money when it is on offer so I am in no way upset at Myles. I am just very happy the club stood there ground.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 04:21 PM
You got to take the money when it is on offer so I am in no way upset at Myles. I am just very happy the club stood there ground.

NO, no I didn't think you were upset. I was just commenting/making conversation that it seems to be a players market at the moment.

TitansFan92
13-05-15, 04:37 PM
NO, no I didn't think you were upset. I was just commenting/making conversation that it seems to be a players market at the moment.

ah got ya. It has been a long day. I would think its because there are very few NRL quality players on the market. There are less and less every year so you have more clubs fighting for the same players. Its only going to get worse. just think When JT, Smith, Cronk and Slater retire that will be an interesting and crazy year.

- - - Updated - - -

Manly Sea Eagles Retirement Village. hmmm has a bit of a ring to it.

Show and Go
13-05-15, 05:16 PM
The only issue I have with Myles leaving is if it means DCE changes his mind. That said DCE could be happy to be the Captain at the Titans next season.

5 Year Contract
13-05-15, 05:20 PM
Best of luck to Myles. I agree he has been of great service to this club but unfortunately form just hasn't warranted the money he is after and after the years of Carty deals and contracts we really need to start getting bang for our dollars!

Titanic Believer
13-05-15, 05:56 PM
Here we go again DCE here? DCE not here? when is round 13? Either way it seems the new management is willing to make hard decisions. Bring on the youngsters.

teke
13-05-15, 06:09 PM
Titan fans have to be a lil worried that another team has just signed their captain and it was a player that supposedly had some influence luring Dce here.

gotitans101_
13-05-15, 06:09 PM
Could this mean that we're keeping Bird?

Surely we won't let both of them go - I'm not sure who we could replace them with.

teke
13-05-15, 06:10 PM
Could this mean that we're keeping Bird?

Surely we won't let both of them go - I'm not sure who we could replace them with.no one in the current squad

gotitans101_
13-05-15, 06:16 PM
yeah that's what i meant - and there doesn't seem to be much on the market either. Kinda worrying.

anyone who says the likes of Lussick could replace either of these guys is dreamin.

- - - Updated - - -

so I guess Zillman is our captain next year?

God help us.

Hail Sezer
13-05-15, 06:19 PM
Titan fans have to be a lil worried that another team has just signed their captain and it was a player that supposedly had some influence luring Dce here.

I'm worried for about 2-3 seconds and then I remember that he wanted 550k - no deal nate

If DCE backflips then so be it - I'm braced for it after the rollercoaster we have been through with his original signing, his original backflip, the LG saga. Over it

Show and Go
13-05-15, 06:21 PM
Should have offloaded Bird. The guy is a liability on and off the field. Just an all round terrible human.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 06:54 PM
ah got ya. It has been a long day. I would think its because there are very few NRL quality players on the market. There are less and less every year so you have more clubs fighting for the same players. Its only going to get worse. just think When JT, Smith, Cronk and Slater retire that will be an interesting and crazy year.

- - - Updated - - -

Manly Sea Eagles Retirement Village. hmmm has a bit of a ring to it.

It's the double edged sword that all clubs face. Offer one year contracts to your up and coming players and then run the risk of having to fight off other interested clubs (Elgey) or sign an untested junior player to a longer contract but the same lower money and hope he makes it in first grade.

On another note, just watching NRL360 and Paul Kent was saying that we have a lot of players all managed by Pacific Management Group and it was a huge issue for the club to have so many players managed by the same company. I guess there's one less now.

Oh and Myles and DCE friendship has just been upgraded to "best mates" thanks Dubbo

DavidBouveng
13-05-15, 07:16 PM
lol DCE has a few best mates it seems. wonder if Ben Barba and Lussick are crying into their tampons that they arent his best mate.

Nate's last few years werent even worth $350k, let alone what ever overs he got paid, so i have no trouble the club sticking to their value. bidding for him would have been irresponsible.

like others mentioned... it would only bother me if DCE backflips as a result, but even then i dont want to pay someone 1 million dollars who will only play when their friends can be in same team.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 07:22 PM
Toovey and the rest of the panel on NRL360 now don't seem to have an issue with Myles ringing DCE and having a chat to change his mind and yet were all up in arms when DCE rang Gagai. Tooves is sitting there like there is nothing ethically wrong with getting DCE to backflip and is still "hoping he makes the right decision" as if one hasn't already been made.

If there is a backflip we should chase Chad Townsend and Merrin just to make a real mockery of the Rd 13 craziness.

Mexican titan
13-05-15, 07:31 PM
I'm worried for about 2-3 seconds and then I remember that he wanted 550k - no deal nate

If DCE backflips then so be it - I'm braced for it after the rollercoaster we have been through with his original signing, his original backflip, the LG saga. Over it

Agree in regards to being over it but if he does backflip and add the departures of Sezer and now Myles, I just wonder where things would head. I am trusting Henry in that he knows how we are travelling against the cap and who is coming up on the market. I hope that there are players we are talking to and it's just that they are not managed by Orr and therefore negotiations are not in the public domain.

Of course if DCE backflips we could take Sandow and Frizelles could offer him a car. I can see him in a Hyundai I20. I doubt if they would let him check out the Jeep or Audi options. I wouldn't let Sandow on anything bigger than a posties bike.

- - - Updated - - -

Toovey
If there is a backflip we should chase Chad Townsend and Merrin just to make a real mockery of the Rd 13 craziness.

Or we could get Myles to backflip.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 07:51 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Or we could get Myles to backflip.

And then DCE to do a back one and a half with a one and a half twist.

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 08:04 PM
It'd be a good week to announce a Roberts, Paasi and/or Pettybourne signing.

rj62
13-05-15, 08:28 PM
I for one am very disappointed that we have lost Myles. Irrespective of who is around at the moment, he has experience you can't buy.

Are we the first club to flick their current captain?.

Just sweating now on no DCE backflip, that'd be just great......

JunctionBlock
13-05-15, 08:31 PM
I for one am very disappointed that we have lost Myles. Irrespective of who is around at the moment, he has experience you can't buy.

St George are telling their captain Ben Creagh if he wants an extension he'll need to take a pay cut. They too are suffering from previous mismanagement.

teke
13-05-15, 08:41 PM
St George are telling their captain Ben Creagh if he wants an extension he'll need to take a pay cut. They too are suffering from previous mismanagement.i wouldn't say it was mismanagement, creagh was a big part of their premiership. He just isn't worth what he thinks anymore

TITAN PETE
13-05-15, 08:43 PM
Good luck to Myles he'll make a good replacement for Mason but I won't shed a tear when he's gone unless he takes the TP with him & then they will be tears of joy

DCE will captain the side next season

There are a couple of Donkeys forwards we could be talking to :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck to Myles he'll make a good replacement for Mason but I won't shed a tear when he's gone unless he takes the TP with him & then they will be tears of joy

DCE will captain the side next season

There are a couple of Donkeys forwards we could be talking to :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
13-05-15, 09:49 PM
Manly legends are talking about convincing Cherry to stay like its no big deal to go back on your word, no matter what the silly rule is.

no care for us signing or letting go other players based on his arrival that is now irreversible.

selfish clowns and thats fine, but it removes any sympathy i had for them losing their best player. we might get DCE, we might not. but how people carry themselves will be remembered.

- - - Updated - - -

i would say it was mismanagement, Myles was a big part of their mediocre returns. He just isn't worth what he thinks anymore

DavidBouveng
13-05-15, 10:02 PM
seriously?? what leadership and experience are some of you talking about? he hangs around modern day legends at Coolum for a few weeks a year, and tackles like a demon for 240 minutes. It doesn't make you a beacon of leadership.

Can someone give me an actual example please of why we should shell out 500k. we can skip the ****ting in hallways and taking his mates who are on grog bans to the pub so they can get in the shyte again, and go right to actual titans experience. what makes him worth the 500k?

is it just because he is captain? when the next in line is TP...is that really an indication of value?

i think the club has shown great strength and conviction letting a captain walk knowing it will be heavily scrutinized and even risk DCE deal.

weak clubs pander and do anything to avoid that situation.

Bayside Titan
13-05-15, 10:09 PM
I'm

I agree. I would have liked to see him finish his career with the club.

Some say he's not worth the money but at $1.4mil over three years could be considered fair in the event that DCE does not come here and we are left to chase a second rate half to take the place of DCE should he not come.

IMO a small price to pay to ensure that DCE does come.

Hail Sezer
13-05-15, 10:10 PM
I'm

I agree. I would have liked to see him finish his career with the club.

Some say he's not worth the money but at $1.4mil over three years could be considered fair in the event that DCE does not come here and we are left to chase a second rate half to take the place of DCE should he not come.

IMO a small price to pay to ensure that DCE does come.

So you think Myles' value should be measured by the affect he has on DCE's decision as opposed to what he provides us on the field?

DavidBouveng
13-05-15, 10:15 PM
475-500k is not a small price to play for our third best prop. with hard to quantify leadership abilities.

Bayside Titan
13-05-15, 10:34 PM
So you think Myles' value should be measured by the affect he has on DCE's decision as opposed to what he provides us on the field?

Part there of yes I do. I guess most people have forgotten what he and his wife have gone through over the past 2 or so years with her health, throw on top the drug incident and Myles trying to lead the remaining players through that as well of course his performance on the field will suffer. Now that most of that is behind him now , more so his wife health I really believe that his on field performance will improve.

A $466k price tag IMO is fair considering we are paying Bird and Taylor similar amounts and have those two have caused considerable financial losses to the club and tarnished the clubs image. Has Myles done any thing wrong since he has been at the Titans -- no!!! I think for a current state and test player that amount is fair As a forward. Let's not forget who was coach in the past and Myles was playing the style of play that he was coached to do. As you guys have pointed out Myles goes to Origin and plays excellent and when he returns to us his performance drops, but once again it was the way he was coached last year. Additionally it was either last year or the year before Myles returned from the Origin series with a badly bruised sternum to which he played for us with dispite the fact that most doctors would say not to play with.

Do I think that he is worth $550k Maybe not,$460k yes.

Titanic
13-05-15, 10:40 PM
I can't believe some of the swings of support on here … Myles has been a plodder since he arrived and his captaincy just another case of "well someone must be captain" given he was co-captain with Bird and just in front of Zillman … what a farce.

He has neither been inspirational nor a role model … good luck to him at Manly but no tears from me.

teke
14-05-15, 12:55 AM
Manly legends are talking about convincing Cherry to stay like its no big deal to go back on your word, no matter what the silly rule is.

no care for us signing or letting go other players based on his arrival that is now irreversible.

selfish clowns and thats fine, but it removes any sympathy i had for them losing their best player. we might get DCE, we might not. but how people carry themselves will be remembered.

- - - Updated - - -Loolz, you had alot of sympathy for Manly I'm sure.

JunctionBlock
14-05-15, 06:22 AM

It would appear this is what Manly has done and have put him straight to work in trying to get DCE to backflip and I don't blame them, we are paying overs for DCE for what he can bring to the team too. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we didn't pay the overs for Myles. At this stage Pettybourne in the middle is a better option and player than Myles. But now we need to move on stitching up the rest of our squad. I doubt we will see any more big name players coming to the club in 2016 and with whats out there I'm cool with that. Save some cash for Klemmer next year.

Hail Sezer
14-05-15, 07:53 AM
The Grill Team ‏@BrisGrillTeam 3 minutes ago
"DCE spoke to @GCTitans last night he has given them a commitment this does not change his decision" @MyMateDobbo on @natemyles @SeaEagles

:)

5 Year Contract
14-05-15, 08:05 AM
The Grill Team ‏@BrisGrillTeam 3 minutes ago
"DCE spoke to @GCTitans last night he has given them a commitment this does not change his decision" @MyMateDobbo on @natemyles @SeaEagles

:)

Haha nor should it. Honestly if 1 player is enough to make you change your decision then I give up. Bring on the deadline so we can finally put the DCE saga to rest. Onto other matters. My main worry at the moment is what our forward stocks are like next year. Myles is gone, DT I can nearly guarantee will be playing overseas by year end if not sooner and Bird is still at ? in regards to his future at the club. We are either going to have to continue blooding our youths as well as hopefully picking up a few free agents. Cant say im overly fussed is Lusick.

redwine10
14-05-15, 09:08 AM
It would appear this is what Manly has done and have put him straight to work in trying to get DCE to backflip and I don't blame them, we are paying overs for DCE for what he can bring to the team too. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we didn't pay the overs for Myles. At this stage Pettybourne in the middle is a better option and player than Myles. But now we need to move on stitching up the rest of our squad. I doubt we will see any more big name players coming to the club in 2016 and with whats out there I'm cool with that. Save some cash for Klemmer next year.

- - - Updated - - -

I struggle to understand how our captain can actively coerce a player from another club who is committed to joining the Titans next year to flip on that commitment.
If Myles is found to be actively encouraging DCE to stay at Manly, he should be punted

rj62
14-05-15, 09:15 AM
- - - Updated - - -

I struggle to understand how our captain can actively coerce a player from another club who is committed to joining the Titans next year to flip on that commitment.
If Myles is found to be actively encouraging DCE to stay at Manly, he should be punted

Yeah it's called money.
Warm fuzzy feelings won't pay the bills.
I really didn't want to lose Myles but for the money Manly is offering , would anyone knock it back? I wouldn't. I only wish him well.
All the talk of who will replace him seems to go hand in hand with what everyone thinks they are worth. All this talk of people being offered $350/$400 etc is crazy if they aren't rep material.
I hope we settle for someone we can shape into the player we want, young and keen and maybe on the fringe somewhere not getting a full run.

DIEHARD
14-05-15, 10:40 AM
Manly were loaded with cash. Good luck to Nate.

Im confident DCE will come.

The NRL really needs to get rid of the Round 13 cut off.

nimud
14-05-15, 11:10 AM
Manly were loaded with cash. Good luck to Nate.

Im confident DCE will come.

The NRL really needs to get rid of the Round 13 cut off.

DCE was pretty adamant he's not changing his mind.

Sad Myles going, but his performances over the past 4 years, compared to the way he plays SOO, have been pretty average.

The Question is, who is the forward the Titans are going to replace him with? (IMO, it is no Ioane; Paasi or Pettybourne)

Toads
14-05-15, 11:25 AM
Can we expect Myles to fall back into his usual slump (at club level) for the remainder of 2015 now that all this is out of the way?

Titanic
14-05-15, 11:51 AM
Can we expect Myles to fall back into his usual slump (at club level) for the remainder of 2015 now that all this is out of the way?
Yes we can ... I assume he had made his decision before the last game and guess what?

I completely agree that none of Pettybourne, Paasi nor Ioane are the key forwards for the future but the first two should certainly be re-signed as should Burr ... what we now need are two genuine game changing forwards and I wonder if we can snag one ex-Bronco and one quality Pommie rather than fringe hacks from other clubs.

gotitans101_
14-05-15, 01:35 PM
A few notable props off contract at the end of this year, there's many others that' I've never heard of or don't rate:

JEREMY LATIMORE
BEN HANNANT
MIKE COOPER
SIKA MANU

Second Row:

KYLE TURNER
SAM THAIDAY
CHRIS GREVSMUHL
PAUL GALLEN
ALEX GLENN
LEWIS BROWN

Feel free to add a few more I've missed.

Surfers66
14-05-15, 01:41 PM
A few notable props off contract at the end of this year, there's many others that' I've never heard of or don't rate:

JEREMY LATIMORE
BEN HANNANT
MIKE COOPER
SIKA MANU

Second Row:

KYLE TURNER
SAM THAIDAY
CHRIS GREVSMUHL
PAUL GALLEN
ALEX GLENN
LEWIS BROWN

That would be my pick.

Bayside Titan
14-05-15, 05:02 PM

JEREMY LATIMORE
BEN HANNANT
MIKE COOPER
SIKA MANU

Second Row:

KYLE TURNER
SAM THAIDAY
CHRIS GREVSMUHL
PAUL GALLEN
ALEX GLENN
LEWIS BROWN

Feel free to add a few more I've missed.
Take Glenn off the list about to resign with Broncos and Chris G from South has has his one year option activated by Souths. Copper has also resigned with the Dragons.

TitansFan92
14-05-15, 05:26 PM
If there are no last minute hiccups Roberts will be re signed by the end of next week.

gotitans101_
14-05-15, 06:04 PM
Latimore, Brown or Manu would be alright...with Merrin headed to Penrith on a good deal it's hard to see the Pennies keeping them all.

JunctionBlock
14-05-15, 06:57 PM
If there are no last minute hiccups Roberts will be re signed by the end of next week.

He posted a photo on Instagram this arvo from Burleigh that had the has tag #titan4life. Made me breath a sigh of relief.

Brock O'Brien
14-05-15, 07:03 PM
Hey mate can you confirm that DCE contacted the club?

TitansFan92
14-05-15, 09:33 PM
Hey mate can you confirm that DCE contacted the club?

I can confirm that he contacted the club mate

DavidBouveng
14-05-15, 10:40 PM
i think for Myles potential 450k...you buy one pretty good player you can be confident will give you value for 200-250k, and two cheaper prospects or journeyman / hidden gems like a pettybourne, and hopefully one steps right up and earns the monster contract after that.

even having three players instead of one (especially when that one isnt performing to that value) covers injuries, suspensions and doesnt put all the eggs in one basket.

its called building a roster rather than hoarding names based on reputation

Titan4Life
15-05-15, 06:47 AM
Tackle One - League to get one back from AFL

Here's a first for league diehards - and we're delighted to be breaking this news - a top listed AFL player is on the verge of converting to the Greatest Game of All. Gold Coast Suns forward Josh Hall is in the sights of their cross-town rivals, the Titans. Hall has played five senior games for the Suns, but did not start playing AFL until his late teens. The 25-year-old was raised in Townsville as an avid league fan, and stumbled upon aerial ping pong by chance - filling-in for a mate in a local game.

Fate also robbed him of a berth at the 2012 London Olympics. The 197cm giant missed a place on Australia's high jump team by less than a centimetre; and decided to adopt AFL full time after that disappointment.

Hall has been at the Suns for the past four seasons, with injury destroying his 2014 campaign. His extraordinary height and vertical leap would strongly suggest a player of Daniel Tupou-like abilities - the perfect foil for Titans speed trio David Mead, Kevin Gordon and James Roberts. And while we're on Roberts, it appears he's spurned bigger money on offer from the Raiders to remain on the holiday strip for another 12 months.

Tackle Four - Cartwright's pay delay

John Cartwright is at war with his former club - the Gold Coast Titans - over his pay-out following last year's sacking. Cartwright was given the bullet as head coach with more than a year remaining on his contract last July. It's believed he's owed close to $500,000. The club's dramatic change of ownership in late February has not helped his cause.

In essence, Cartwright's debt stands with the bankrupt entity - not the NRL, which now controls the franchise. Should the NRL stand firm and refuse to accept the debt, he'll be left empty-handed. However, that would be a poor PR option for the big wigs at League Central, given Cartwright's standing in the game and his family's long-standing connection with the Penrith Panthers. Funnily enough, Cartwright - now assisting Paul Green in Townsville - has been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Tim Sheens as Australian coach. That could well be one option of appeasing him.

FROM TODAY'S 7TH TACKLE: https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/27919762/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/?cmp=twitter

Mexican titan
15-05-15, 07:02 AM
Thanks for posting that T4L. The comment about Carty being mentioned as a possible replacement for Sheens as Aussie coach really cracked me up and it's great to have a laugh first thing in the morning.
They should make Searle pay anything Cartwright is owed as he signed the bloke to the dubious contract extension which was never based on performance.

Titan4Life
15-05-15, 07:06 AM
Thanks for posting that T4L. The comment about Carty being mentioned as a possible replacement for Sheens as Aussie coach really cracked me up and it's great to have a laugh first thing in the morning.
They should make Searle pay anything Cartwright is owed as he signed the bloke to the dubious contract extension which was never based on performance.

Cartwright as the possible Australian coach has to be a typo. We'd probably see Kevin Gordon and Will Zillman make their Australian debuts :laugh:

Hail Sezer
15-05-15, 07:23 AM
So since I know absolutely nothing about AFL, can anyone shed some light on this Josh Hall guy?

karnage
15-05-15, 07:34 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Funniest thing I've read all year.

kioli
15-05-15, 08:49 AM
So since I know absolutely nothing about AFL, can anyone shed some light on this Josh Hall guy?

Don't know anything about him but here's his profile and bio from the Suns.

The former national high jump champion has been elevated 
to the senior list after three years as a rookie. Hall made the dramatic switch in sports in 2011 after clearing a towering 2.28m and putting himself in the frame to represent Australia at the London Olympics.

Since taking up football, the tall forward
 has progressed nicely. He mixes his incredible leap with decent speed and is getting increasingly stronger.

Hall’s 2014 was all but destroyed after six NEAFL games when he suffered a shoulder injury that required a reconstruction.

http://i.imgur.com/gX7r3cF.png

Hail Sezer
15-05-15, 09:22 AM
197cm...88kg? wut? does he only have 1 leg? Will need to get on that bulk

Also shocking 2015 AFL fantasy points...low cash cow potential

Bayside Titan
15-05-15, 09:41 AM
197cm...88kg? wut? does he only have 1 leg? Will need to get on that bulk

Also shocking 2015 AFL fantasy points...low cash cow potential

Might see him as a potential Centre and might come cheap. His height would be great for the kick in goal from DCE or Elgey.

JunctionBlock
15-05-15, 11:21 AM
Carty waiting for his money is nothing new. The club has been trying to get out of paying him since he left due to their financial situation. The only thing that bugs me if it's true is that he was taking half pay for a couple of years knowing where the clubs finances were, if he isn't being paid that money then that's poor form on the clubs behalf.

Toads
15-05-15, 11:31 AM
What happened about Carty said he would be fine to go if he was asked to leave?

What was he expecting, to head out the door dragging large bags of cash behind him? If anyone was in the know, he should've already got a good read on where his mate Searle had taken the club financially.. :doh:

Just sour grapes if there's any truth to the article.

Mexican titan
15-05-15, 03:31 PM
Carty waiting for his money is nothing new. The club has been trying to get out of paying him since he left due to their financial situation. The only thing that bugs me if it's true is that he was taking half pay for a couple of years knowing where the clubs finances were, if he isn't being paid that money then that's poor form on the clubs behalf.

I hadn't heard anything about him being on half pay but yes if true that is poor form. Personally though I think that if he was getting even half pay the club was still giving him over the odds.

5 Year Contract
15-05-15, 05:43 PM
Hahaha!! How about Zilly and Matt White give Carty the last year of their contracts?....surely they owe him at least that!!

Titanic
15-05-15, 10:07 PM
He can sue the defunct franchise that he helped to torpedo and partially bled dry … no sympathy from me.

Paid overs for at least four years, never going to leave the club, would leave the club if tapped on the shoulder … the bloke is a dinosaur and if he is made Australian coach then that will about do me … there was a time when I believed repping your country was a reward for outstanding form.

toddythetitan
16-05-15, 10:25 AM
Any word on a paul carter comeback? Hope he gets his head right and comes back to the titans! Titanfan92 any inside word?

TitansFan92
16-05-15, 01:37 PM
Any word on a paul carter comeback? Hope he gets his head right and comes back to the titans! Titanfan92 any inside word?

The club is monitoring Paul's progress and will sit down with him once both parties feel it is time for him to come back to the NRL.

Mexican titan
16-05-15, 02:30 PM
The club is monitoring Paul's progress and will sit down with him once both parties feel it is time for him to come back to the NRL.

I assume we are talking next season? I thought I read a forum post that he was off to Sydney next year. I would like to keep him if he was able to get his attitude right.

TitansFan92
16-05-15, 03:42 PM
I assume we are talking next season? I thought I read a forum post that he was off to Sydney next year. I would like to keep him if he was able to get his attitude right.

The NRL won't register a contract for him until next season so yes.

Titanic
16-05-15, 03:46 PM
I thought Roberts was supposed to sign this week? Also on Carter, we should not wait until the 'time is right', the right time is before anybody else, he'll have served his punishment either way.

Titan4Life
16-05-15, 04:16 PM
I thought Roberts was supposed to sign this week? Also on Carter, we should not wait until the 'time is right', the right time is before anybody else, he'll have served his punishment either way.

Titansfan92 did say 'If there are no last minute hiccups Roberts will be re signed by the end of NEXT WEEK.' So I guess we will see if that is correct by next weeks game. We should trust him though as he has gotten close to everything right.

TitansFan92
16-05-15, 04:49 PM

I said the end of next week mate. As for Carter its really up to the NRL when he is aloud back. When they say he is good to go the club will do everything they can to keep him on the GC.

Titansfan92 did say 'If there are no last minute hiccups Roberts will be re signed by the end of NEXT WEEK.' So I guess we will see if that is correct by next weeks game. We should trust him though as he has gotten close to everything right.

Titanic
16-05-15, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the clarification … jet lag does that to you :)

Titan4Life
17-05-15, 06:13 PM
North calling Matu'utia

Peter Mata'utia could be heading north after a string of impressive performances for St George Illawarra. The utility back – one of four league-playing siblings, alongside Newcastle trio Sione, Chanel and Pat – is off contract at the end of the season.

While the Dragons would like to keep Mata'utia, the Gold Coast have expressed interest in adding him to their back line. The 24-year-old will have further opportunities to add value to his next contract when he fills in at fullback when Josh Dugan is required for Origin duty.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/sin-bin/book-by-former-parramatta-eels-cult-hero-fuifui-moimoi-could-be-pulped-20150516-gh2zwr.html

DIEHARD
17-05-15, 09:25 PM
Please no. No Cartwright for Kangaroos coach.

Hail Sezer
17-05-15, 09:25 PM
Please no. No Cartwright for Kangaroos coach.

please yes

teke
17-05-15, 10:50 PM
please yes:laugh::laugh:

toddythetitan
18-05-15, 08:45 AM
I have seen on social media that kevin gordon may be a cowboy by the end of the week?

Toads
18-05-15, 12:53 PM
Good luck to him. Though he might be struggling to even get to run on with the Blackhawks (and that's not because I'm down playing Gondon's ability), considering how they've been firing of late.

teke
18-05-15, 12:55 PM
Lucky bastard if true

TITAN PETE
18-05-15, 01:44 PM
Lucky bastard if true

He misses his Step Dad ...... If true though he shouldn't get a call up for Meads spot put Crampton on the wing of Princess Zillman is ready to play

teke
18-05-15, 02:05 PM
Crampton will be a fish outta water on the wing, then we'll hear calls for him to be dropped due to a awkward performance...I dont want that to happen

Toads
18-05-15, 02:29 PM
I tend to agree with teke. With the little bit I've seen of Crampton, he appears to be more of a Centre than a Winger. That said, I haven't seen him in full sprint over a distance to know whether he'd cut it on the wing. So initially, I rather see him make his debut as a Centre for at least his fist couple of games.

teke
18-05-15, 02:34 PM
He's got good speed, it's the other stuff required for wing that might find him out.

Who knows he might go really well

Mexican titan
18-05-15, 03:44 PM
I have seen on social media that kevin gordon may be a cowboy by the end of the week?

He is probably on fairly good money so I would be happy to free it up. His options seem limited with us, but whoever he plays for he needs to realise that the line where the scrums are set is not the sideline, particularly in defence.

Titan4Life
18-05-15, 06:54 PM

Kev is a great character around the club and is a crowd favourite but lets face it, no way is he ever going to be selected in our team over Don or Mead. Wasting that much money on a backup player is just silly. Will be good to free up some cap.

JunctionBlock
18-05-15, 07:02 PM
The rumours about this circulated a while ago. I think the negotiations stalled on an agreed transfer fee, in the Cowboys favour and how much of the wage bill we will be picking up.

Titan4Life
18-05-15, 09:33 PM
Guy on Twitter 'The NRL profits Guru' claiming that Chris McQueen is off to the Titans. Announced possibly as soon as tomorrow. Not sure how true that is but just thought'd I'd share.

Any truth to it Titanfan92?

Hail Sezer
18-05-15, 09:38 PM
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/ben-ridge-says-hell-fight-his-way-back-into-titans-side-after-injury-run/story-fniabrr8-1227359261531?from=public_rss

"Meanwhile centre James Roberts is closing in on a deal to stay at the Gold Coast, with talks set to continue with the club in the coming weeks.

The Titans have tabled a two-year deal for the 22-year-old leading tryscorer, but Roberts is keen for a three-year deal after finally settling on the Gold Coast after being sacked by South Sydney and Penrith for off-field issues."

Give him the 3 years.

TitansFan92
18-05-15, 10:06 PM
Guy on Twitter 'The NRL profits Guru' claiming that Chris McQueen is off to the Titans. Announced possibly as soon as tomorrow. Not sure how true that is but just thought'd I'd share.

Club has been speaking with him for a while but to my knowledge no deal has been done but that may have changed. I will try and find out tomorrow.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/ben-ridge-says-hell-fight-his-way-back-into-titans-side-after-injury-run/story-fniabrr8-1227359261531?from=public_rss

"Meanwhile centre James Roberts is closing in on a deal to stay at the Gold Coast, with talks set to continue with the club in the coming weeks.

The Titans have tabled a two-year deal for the 22-year-old leading tryscorer, but Roberts is keen for a three-year deal after finally settling on the Gold Coast after being sacked by South Sydney and Penrith for off-field issues."

Give him the 3 years.

Minor hiccup hopefully will have it sorted by the end of the week.

Titanic
18-05-15, 10:14 PM
McQueen would suit us and gee three years for a 22 year old is fair game particularly if we don't have to back end it.

DIEHARD
19-05-15, 12:23 AM
McQueen would suit us and gee three years for a 22 year old is fair game particularly if we don't have to back end it.

McQueen is the ideal recruit.

IpswichTitans
19-05-15, 11:12 AM
C'mon McQueen

TitansFan92
19-05-15, 11:30 AM

Well I can confirm no deal has been done with Mcqueen yet but we are still talking with him.

The club is hopeful to get Roberts re-signed this week but may not happen as they can't sit down with his manager until Thursday.

Geeman
19-05-15, 05:39 PM

Give him the 3 years.

Agree, just give him the three years :thumbsup:

toddythetitan
19-05-15, 06:46 PM
Whats our chances on mcqueen titanfan92? Are we close to signing any of the broncos under 20 guns like Joe O or francis molo

Titanic
19-05-15, 07:00 PM
Gee guys, I reckon we should let up on TF92, it's becoming a fulltime job for him to reply to all the questions.

Toads
19-05-15, 07:17 PM
As you'd know, it is the nature of the beast, Titanic.:p

Titanic
19-05-15, 07:55 PM
As you'd know, it is the nature of the beast, Titanic.:p
Yep, appreciate the inside info myself but we don't want to blunt anybody's enthusiasm.

Mexican titan
19-05-15, 08:23 PM
Gee guys, I reckon we should let up on TF92, it's becoming a fulltime job for him to reply to all the questions.

TF92 should just say the club is about to sign a Sandow or someone similar and we'll all stop asking soon enough.

TitansFan92
19-05-15, 10:31 PM
TF92 should just say the club is about to sign a Sandow or someone similar and we'll all stop asking soon enough.

hahaha I wouldn't be so cruel mate. But didn't you know we are going to re sign Zillman for another 10 years hahahaha. Just joking.

Whats our chances on mcqueen titanfan92? Are we close to signing any of the broncos under 20 guns like Joe O or francis molo

I am not sure what other clubs are after McQueen other then the Titans. Our offer is decent so only time will tell. As for the others no offers have been made to either and only preliminary talks have been held with there Managers.

Titanic
19-05-15, 11:35 PM
Today Willie Mason's manager rang and asked me if we had any jobs over here. He said if not he was going to the Titans.

toddythetitan
21-05-15, 01:55 PM
The lurkers linking us to joe O, alex glenn and sam thaiday today

Surfers66
21-05-15, 03:00 PM
I would think Alex Glenn would be the most likely.

Surely the Broncs are not going to let Thaiday leave. Needs to finish there or at the very least cowboys.

karnage
21-05-15, 05:37 PM
They'll all be waiting until AFTER the June 30 deadline. If DCE comes we are in the play for anybody, if not, we are f$#ked.

Toads
21-05-15, 05:55 PM
I would think Alex Glenn would be the most likely.

Surely the Broncs are not going to let Thaiday leave. Needs to finish there or at the very least cowboys.

This.. As much as I like Sammy, I hope the Donkey's at least show him some loyalty 'n let him finish his time with them.

Mexican titan
21-05-15, 07:20 PM
This.. As much as I like Sammy, I hope the Donkey's at least show him some loyalty 'n let him finish his time with them.

I thought there were a few press articles on the weekend that Bennett had opened discussions with Sammy about staying and it was presented as a fait accompli.

Bayside Titan
21-05-15, 08:15 PM
I thought there were a few press articles on the weekend that Bennett had opened discussions with Sammy about staying and it was presented as a fait accompli.

Also Alex Glenn is set to resign with them as well.

Bayside Titan
22-05-15, 02:42 PM
Titans aim to snare Rabbitohs back-rower
THE Titans are set to launch another bid to sign hard-running Souths back-rower Chris McQueen for next season.
Gold Coast explored a deal with McQueen months ago before abandoning the bid to sign the talented forward.
But with Nate Myles leaving and fellow representative forwards Greg Bird and Dave Taylor set to follow, the Titans have money to spend and spots to fill in the pack.
McQueen was on the bench for the Bunnies at the start of the season, which prompted the Titans to offer him a starting spot in their pack for 2016.
The former Queensland State of Origin representative has regained his place in the Rabbitohs starting side since then and is happy at Redfern.
McQueen is under contract to Souths for 2016 - for what that is worth - but is a Queenslander and has told mates he would eventually like to return home.

From Fridays Lurker off Twitter.

Bayside Titan
23-05-15, 03:09 PM
Just was looking around Zero Tackle and it has McQueens salary as 2015 $200k and 16 as $300k which really surprised me. Thought he would be on $350k at least.

One concern I had is that we have not announced that we have signed anyone else other than DCE , however it dawned on me that we are probably waiting to see if we really have DCE then announce other signings.

Nick
23-05-15, 06:26 PM
Also Alex Glenn is set to resign with them as well.

Very young age to resign, all the best to him. :P

gotitans101_
23-05-15, 10:52 PM
I'll take Mcqueen, I think we need a player like him tbh.

Titanic
25-05-15, 11:08 AM
This sounds like a more plausible reason that Roberts hasn't signed.

CANBERRA’s massive bid for star Knights centre Joey Leilua has had a knock-on effect – boosting the Gold Coast’s hopes of retaining gun speedster James Roberts for 2016.

The Titans were resigned to losing Roberts after Raiders coach Ricky Stuart set his sights on a strike centre – and had big dollars to throw around. The Raiders now look like snaring Leilua instead, who has activated a get-out-clause with one year remaining on his Knights contract.

The Raiders will now drop off Roberts, giving the Titans the inside running to retain their match-winning centre. Roberts has been one of the form outside backs of the early rounds of 2015, winning the Titans several games with his blistering speed.

Meanwhile, Stuart is slowly but surely building a strong side for 2016, with Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer and Leilua ready to give the Green Machine much more strike power out wide, and Cowboy James Tamou likely to add grunt up front.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/leiluas-raiders-move-affects-roberts/

Hail Sezer
25-05-15, 11:19 AM
This sounds like a more plausible reason that Roberts hasn't signed.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/leiluas-raiders-move-affects-roberts/

I find it hard to believe that is remotely true regarding James.

If you follow him outside of footy (social media for e.g.) you'll know why

Titanic
25-05-15, 11:49 AM
As much as I don't doubt your sources, I would ask which footballer runs their own life?

Hail Sezer
25-05-15, 12:49 PM
As much as I don't doubt your sources, I would ask which footballer runs their own life?

Corey Parker

Titanic
25-05-15, 03:58 PM
Corey Parker
One out of several hundred sadly puts it in my favour :) player managers and the RLPA close behind are a blight on the game with the ARLC needing a good slapping for allowing it to get to this stage.

BigRed88
25-05-15, 10:33 PM
How's our juniors going and will they get a look in our squads for next year ?

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 06:04 AM
One out of several hundred sadly puts it in my favour :) player managers and the RLPA close behind are a blight on the game with the ARLC needing a good slapping for allowing it to get to this stage.

I understand that and don't disagree. However I stand by what I say regarding Roberts. Plus he isn't managed by the Orr's so we can have slightly more confidence. :laugh:

RenegadeGC
26-05-15, 07:18 AM
If DCE back flips, I've said this before but what about Shaun Nona as an option. Stuck behind Cronk, Green and Hampton at the storm. Will have learnt plenty there and he's also very proven at QCup level.

JunctionBlock
26-05-15, 09:43 AM
Might be going down the Tigers path of two young halves and up the chase for Ashley Taylor.

Hail Sezer
26-05-15, 10:06 AM
How's our juniors going and will they get a look in our squads for next year ?

Injuries have dealt us an inconsistent season with our forward pack being different every week. Promising signs though and better than previous years.

A few of them will. Karl Lawton has been signed to a 2 year NRL deal. Coleman and Hudson trained with NRL last off season and will get the same again next pre-season. Guys like (IMO) Brian Kelly, Schwass x2 are deserving of the same thing too.

titanfan2015
26-05-15, 10:45 AM
A few of them will. Karl Lawton has been signed to a 2 year NRL deal. Coleman and Hudson trained with NRL last off season and will get the same again next pre-season. Guys like (IMO) Brian Kelly, Schwass x2 are deserving of the same thing too.

What I can't understand is, they have signed Lawton but not two of our best in Coleman & Hudson. If they don't do something quick they will lose our top juniors to other NRL clubs

Show and Go
26-05-15, 02:55 PM
Jayden Nikorima, Ash Taylor, Ben Hampton are worth looking at. If DCE doesn't come I'd be putting Valentine Holmes on the list for future players worth having a big crack at.

5 Year Contract
27-05-15, 07:35 AM
Titansfan92 I know you are no doubt copping a thooouuusand questions but I was just wondering who are we still looking at for next year?

TitansFan92
27-05-15, 07:46 AM
Titansfan92 I know you are no doubt copping a thooouuusand questions but I was just wondering who are we still looking at for next year?

We are looking at a few forwards from the Broncos, Panthers and South Sydney. The club is also exploring options with a Centre in the Super League that is still under contract but would like to test himself in the NRL. I won't name anyone until I am 100% sure that we have signed them because we all know the media loves using stuff on here. I will say that there will be no signing news until after rd13.

5 Year Contract
27-05-15, 08:07 AM
We are looking at a few forwards from the Broncos, Panthers and South Sydney. The club is also exploring options with a Centre in the Super League that is still under contract but would like to test himself in the NRL. I won't name anyone until I am 100% sure that we have signed them because we all know the media loves using stuff on here. I will say that there will be no signing news until after rd13.
No worries mate I really appreciate the update and understand the need for privacy with the media these days! Thanks again you are a invaluable member of this forum and it's great to get solid facts with all the BS spin that is around these days!

RenegadeGC
27-05-15, 08:59 AM
Alright, been doing some thinking... DCE backflips woop thats cool let him do his thing, frees up some cash. Set our a plan to build around juniors and what we have left. make a package play for Munster and Nona off Mebourne -

Possible future backline that is young and would go around for 5 years with plenty of potential.

1.Munster
2.Hoffy
3.GL
4.Roberts
5.TRD/Hudson
6.Nona
7.LG

Work on the forward pack, would still have plenty of cap space to pick up a couple of solid front rowers. And sign a beast backrower. haha any way dreams are free.

Bayside Titan
27-05-15, 09:33 AM
Manly Sea Eagles earmark Greg Bird as next target on their recruitment hit list
May 26, 2015 - 11:00PM
Target: Greg Bird.
Target: Greg Bird.Photo: James Brickwood
Share Adjust font size Read Later
EmailFacebookGoogle PlusTwitterWhatsapp
By MICHAEL CHAMMAS AND BRAD WALTER
The Manly Sea Eagles have stepped up their bid to entice Daly Cherry-Evans to renege on his deal with the Titans, earmarking Greg Bird as their next recruitment target.

Fairfax Media has been told the Sea Eagles are keen to lure the representative forward back to Sydney to bolster their struggling pack after securing the services of his Gold Coast teammate Nate Myles for next season.

While Manly are desperately trying to strengthen their muscle up front, the tactic of pursuing Bird after nabbing Myles would also weaken the Titans and make the move to the Gold Coast less appealing for Cherry-Evans.

Titan4Life
27-05-15, 09:43 AM
Manly are seriously a joke. Now they are just being desperate. Trying to get DCE to backflip by buying anyone that is close to him and trying their hardest to weaken our squad for revenge.

Show and Go
27-05-15, 09:59 AM
I'd love to see the back of Bird. He is a piece of ****. Manly will be screwed with an old pack and paying DCE $1.4 million

Mexican titan
27-05-15, 10:03 AM
Manly are seriously a joke. Now they are just being desperate. Trying to get DCE to backflip by buying anyone that is close to him and trying their hardest to weaken our squad for revenge.

Mate (or Mama Chez if that's you on the Manly forum) I think it's as much the press just grabbing at anything. It is common knowledge that Bird is on the market and also obvious Manly need forwards, yet every move is seen as linked with the DCE situation.
I doubt if many players would stay at a place because Bird was going there - he is either usually suspended or at the dry cleaners getting his suit pressed for his next court appearance.
Hopefully the Titans are also in DCE's ear letting him know who we might be recruiting as well as assuring him that we are heading down the path of clearing out people who want to trash our image.

Yankee Doodle Titan
27-05-15, 10:56 AM
From the Lurker today. I can't stop laughing. Please let this happen!

Manly bolster coaching ranks
MANLY look set to sign North Queensland assistant coach John Cartwright next year.
Cartwright, the ex-Gold Coast Titans coach, would be willing to return to Sydney where he played his football with Penrith.
Manly coach Geoff Toovey remains under the pump, Cartwright perhaps coming in over the top as a coaching director.
Cowboys officials are already discussing the possibility of having to find a replacement for Cartwright.

TitansFan92
27-05-15, 11:31 AM

Manly seem to be getting pretty desperate.

5 Year Contract
27-05-15, 12:17 PM
Manly seem to be getting pretty desperate.

Dear god please let the next headline be "Manly set to swoop on inspirational Titans VC and total package William Zillman"

lonegull
27-05-15, 12:23 PM
Dear god please let the next headline be "Manly set to swoop on inspirational Titans VC and total package William Zillman"

Yep that's what we wan to see.

TitansFan92
27-05-15, 12:28 PM

Maybe we can give them a Bird/TP combo deal.

Mexican titan
27-05-15, 12:32 PM
Manly bolster coaching ranks
MANLY look set to sign North Queensland assistant coach John Cartwright next year.
Cartwright, the ex-Gold Coast Titans coach, would be willing to return to Sydney where he played his football with Penrith.
Manly coach Geoff Toovey remains under the pump, Cartwright perhaps coming in over the top as a coaching director.
Cowboys officials are already discussing the possibility of having to find a replacement for Cartwright.

Now that is funny. But very late with April Fools Day jokes. Manly have 2V and apparently have Barrett ready to sign as Assistant, and perhaps Ivan Cleary (which I would like to see) as head coach if 2V goes. Carty as Coaching Director gives Manly more coach signings than players.
On the positive side, if Manly announce Carty's signing it would guarantee that DCE comes here.

Titanic
27-05-15, 12:43 PM
Going to Sydney's northern beaches is about as much aligned to returning to Penrith as Burleigh is to Toowoomba ... there is an angel perched on Cartwright's shoulder.

Boonarga
27-05-15, 03:50 PM
It's 1980 all over gain. When Manly ripped the heart out of the Mighty Magpies by stealing Brown, Boyd, and Dorahy.

JunctionBlock
27-05-15, 07:21 PM
Maybe we can give them a Bird/TP combo deal.

Throw in agistment for Timba and a port-a-potty and it might seal the deal.

Hail Sezer
28-05-15, 08:16 AM
http://i.imgur.com/D2qL1JL.png

Source is Gold Coast bulletin 28/05/2015

Titan4Life
29-05-15, 09:35 AM
Would be good to see him announced as re-signing today! Hopefully he can put the icing on the cake with a few four pointers this weekend as well.

Titan4Life
30-05-15, 11:14 AM
Salary cap squeeze sees Mann up for grabs

CLASSY Storm centre Kurt Mann is on the verge of joining the Dragons.

The Dragons and Titans are fighting an intense battle for Mann, with the Big Red V looking like winning the rights to his services.

Mann, aged 22, is seen as one of the rising stars of the NRL in the outside backs.

He can play anywhere in the backline and scored six tries from eight matches in his debut season last year.

Mann has proved a handy fill-in for the Storm during the State of Origin period and the club was keen to keep him.

But salary cap problems mean the Storm are unable to keep Mann and he will be a valuable addition to the Dragons’ ranks.

A Queensland under 20 representative, Mann can expect to be a regular starter in the Dragons back line, probably at centre, next season.

http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---will-greg-inglis-see-out-the-season-and-melbourne-storm-star-kurt-mann-on-the-move-south-sydney-rabbitohs-dragons-gold-coast-titans/idf95jjztm1m1djmd1qgkrc9w

TitanSam
30-05-15, 11:28 AM
I assume if the dragons get Mann, we will probably get Peter Mata'utia?

Hail Sezer
30-05-15, 12:21 PM
I assume if the dragons get Mann, we will probably get Peter Mata'utia?

Pretty likely bro. I'd prefer Mann but either are better than our current options. I'd take Hymel back as well.

TitanSam
30-05-15, 12:54 PM
Our current options? I assume you mean Zillman. But I agree, I was pretty pissed we let go of Hymel. I myself would prefer Mata'utia for some size in the centres. EDIT: Jesus Hymel is 102KGS and 190 cms... Come home young man.

Titanic
30-05-15, 05:35 PM
Mann would be a good pick-up.

JunctionBlock
30-05-15, 06:52 PM
Shook Roberts hand after the Rabbitohs game and kept motioning and calling for him to sign on the dotted line. He thought I wanted him to sign my jersey, I said Nah mate, sign that contract. Got a laugh.

Up close I gotta say that Moseley needs to get on the juice. He lacks the size, or thickness needed for his position. Might explains some of his defensive lapses. And keep Mortimer away from my missus, or the other way around.

DIEHARD
31-05-15, 04:48 PM
Shook Roberts hand after the Rabbitohs game and kept motioning and calling for him to sign on the dotted line. He thought I wanted him to sign my jersey, I said Nah mate, sign that contract. Got a laugh.

Hahaha good one. I want him to sign too!

DavidBouveng
31-05-15, 06:10 PM

Up close I gotta say that Moseley needs to get on the juice. He lacks the size, or thickness needed for his position. Might explains some of his defensive lapses. And keep Mortimer away from my missus, or the other way around.

Those eyes are so dreamy.

did he look larger? he said in an interview he nput on some size while injured, and actually looked noticeably larger on the tv screen, but that can be deceptive.

IpswichTitans
31-05-15, 06:13 PM
Any Updates on Peter Mata'utia? Played Great tonight, would like to see him here next season...

JunctionBlock
31-05-15, 06:23 PM
Those eyes are so dreamy.

did he look larger? he said in an interview he nput on some size while injured, and actually looked noticeably larger on the tv screen, but that can be deceptive.

He's not a big bloke in comparison to other hookers (Jake Friend, Ballin, Farah). But I gotta say I was impressed with his game play on Saturday.

lonegull
31-05-15, 06:30 PM
He's not a big bloke in comparison to other hookers (Jake Friend, Ballin, Farah). But I gotta say I was impressed with his game play on Saturday.

Likewise he impressrd me as well, was very good in defence early in when Souths threw their big men at us, and he seemed to give good service with his passing, I am starting to think he is a good foil for Moseley, and using him more as an impact around the 20 minute mark let Mortimer do the defence early then bring Kieran on to add that spark around the ruck

jacksonm
31-05-15, 06:39 PM
iof DCE backs out they rate going after Mann to 5/8

Bayside Titan
31-05-15, 10:09 PM
iof DCE backs out they rate going after Mann to 5/8

Scratch Joe O off the "wish list" he looks set to resign with Broncos tomorrow.

To mitigate the potential in DCE to backflip. Mann to Centre and Mybe as a 5/8 to start with.

TitanSam
31-05-15, 10:13 PM
So it could be

1. Hoffman
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Mann/Matautia
5. Mead
6. Mbye
7. Elgey

Factoring DCE potentially backflipping

Titan4Life
01-06-15, 07:02 AM
Someone said on Twitter that he had heard the club contacted Hodkinson as an option. GOD I HOPE NOT! Would definitely rather Mbye.

Mexican titan
01-06-15, 08:32 AM
Someone said on Twitter that he had heard the club contacted Hodkinson as an option. GOD I HOPE NOT! Would definitely rather Mbye.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is true. The club needs to know who might be available and interested in coming here if DCE backflips and if he does we will need to move quickly.
I agree with you though that Mbeye is a better option. I think most bulldog supporters have the same opinion.

Surfers66
01-06-15, 09:34 AM
Copely to Titans mentioned on another forum. Future rep player IMO.

Bayside Titan
01-06-15, 09:45 AM
Copely to Titans mentioned on another forum. Future rep player IMO.

Which forum mate? Is it LU forum I saw that comment. Didn't think that there would be much in to it.

Surfers66
01-06-15, 10:06 AM
Which forum mate? Is it LU forum I saw that comment. Didn't think that there would be much in to it.

Yep LU. just keeping the rumors flowing for the thread.

gotitans101_
01-06-15, 06:30 PM
Copley would be a good signing but what we really should be looking at are some decent forwards...

DavidBouveng
01-06-15, 08:40 PM
i tihnk copley is goot.

would be very happy with that

Hail Sezer
01-06-15, 10:17 PM
i tihnk copley is goot.

would be very happy with that

I recall our Copley/Kahu debate and that's got me thinking

Aiite guys, everyone rank their preference on these 4: Copley, Kahu, Mann and Mata'utia

I'm still thinking so I opt to pass for now :rolleyes:

K2G
01-06-15, 10:25 PM
I recall our Copley/Kahu debate and that's got me thinking

Aiite guys, everyone rank their preference on these 4: Copley, Kahu, Mann and Mata'utia

I'm still thinking so I opt to pass for now :rolleyes:

Kahu, Mata'utia, Copley, Mann.

Kahu just over Mata'utia, for the formers versatility (although I think Mata'utia is more of a freak player).

Copley seems very injury prone - but on his day, is class.

I don't rate Mann all that highly. Classic example of a 'Product of the Storm System' player ...

Doubt we're a real chance for Kahu - I would be stoked for us to land Mata'utia.

TitanSam
01-06-15, 10:47 PM
Mata'utia, Copley, Kahu, Mann. I don't think we'll get Kahu and it looks like Dragons have probably got Mann, so I think we are almost shoo-ins for Mata'utia. And tbh that would be a great signing as we need size in our backs. I think one edge with Mata'utia-Mead would be an awesome pairing

DIEHARD
02-06-15, 12:56 AM
Gold Coast Titans half Aidan Sezer committed to Canberra Raiders deal

Sezer's manager Sam Ayoub insists the Gold Coast half is 100 per cent committed to his three-year deal with Canberra Raiders, regardless of how the messy Daly Cherry-Evans saga ends.

Manly halfback Cherry-Evans needs to make a call on whether he backflips on a rich deal with Gold Coast, or stays at Brookvale, before next Tuesday.

There was the concern the Titans or Manly may make a late bid for Sezer depending on what path Cherry-Evans takes, but Ayoub said it won't have any bearing.

"He came out immediately after the Cherry-Evans stuff [first emerged] and said he's happy with his decision [to join Canberra]," Ayoub said.

"He's definitely going down there, irrespective of any other outcomes. It will have no bearing on his decision, and that's how it still is."

Although Sezer struggled along with most of his teammates in Gold Coast's 56-16 round nine loss at Canberra, the 23-year-old has been in strong form this season.

He was awarded the three Dally M votes despite the Titans losing to South Sydney 22-16 at the Gold Coast on Saturday.

The controversial round 13 rule, which allows players to backflip on contracts without penalty, has come under heavy fire.

NRL boss David Smith revealed in a press conference during a visit to Canberra in April it will be reviewed in the first clear sign it's set for the scrapheap.

"I don't think there's a perfect system that exists anywhere in the world, but I think if you take it from a fan's perspective they don't want to see that sort of thing so we'll take a look at it," Smith said.

The round 13 rule has affected Canberra more than most clubs. Last year James Tedesco reneged on his contract with the Raiders to remain at Wests Tigers, just days after Canberra issued a release trumpeting his signing.

In 2013 Raiders back rower Josh Papalii signed with Parramatta, but changed his mind to re-sign with Canberra.

Ayoub declined to comment on the future of another of his clients, North Queensland Cowboys prop James Tamou, who has been strongly linked to the Raiders.

Tamou has publicly stated he does not want to leave Townsville, but the Raiders chances have grown markedly in recent days.

The 26-year-old's future is in limbo as he struggles with being separated from his young children and his partner Brittany McGlone.

McGlone has been staying with family in Braidwood, an hour's drive east of Canberra

"I haven't seen my partner Brittany and my two little boys at home for so long just because they've been home in Canberra for so long," Tamou told Fairfax Media on May 23.

"That's always playing on my mind. Brittany's from Canberra and her family's there and she's always there just because she misses her family and with the two boys.

"He [Raiders coach Ricky Stuart] is unreal and I'd love to play under him.

"I've told him that too, so we'll just have to see how that goes."

The Raiders would have to clear significant salary cap space to accommodate Tamou. Former representative prop David Shillington is off-contract and on big money at Canberra, but has returned from injury in strong form.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/

teke
02-06-15, 03:53 AM
Id go Copes over all of them, none are standout attacking centres but Copes is a downright workhorse, a 100% all the time every time and that's what u build a good team around

Titanic
02-06-15, 01:12 PM
Whoever plays left side gets the vote ... and you wouldn't want to be judging Mann on last night's game alone.

Surfers66
02-06-15, 01:20 PM
Copely - Matátua - Kahu - Mann.

If we lose Gordon and there are no juniors who can play on the wing, we might need two of them.

IpswichTitans
02-06-15, 03:56 PM
Copely, Mataútia, Kahu, Mann

K2G
03-06-15, 08:06 PM
While I'd like to hope it wasn't our coaching and retention team that has been dithering on getting Roberts to put pen to paper, I can't help but feel like we stuffed up MASSIVELY by letting his contract go still unsigned past today's announcement. You can bet that Jimmy will be expecting his contract to be topped up on our initial offer for three reasons.

1) "I was happy to take x per year to play WITH DCE, now I'm going to need y to play WITHOUT DCE"
2) "I know you can afford it"
3) "You need me, way, way more than I need you"

I'm hoping this thread sees a lot of action over the next few weeks. We need some good news.

Gordon Tallis floating out Folau, Hayne and Burgess :laugh:

I'll take all three please!

K2G
03-06-15, 10:21 PM
Pettybourne’s trip down memory lane leading to new future
NEWS LIMITED JUNE 03, 2015 12:00AM | Margie McDonald | The Australian (http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/pettybournes-trip-down-memory-lane-leading-to-new-future/story-fnca0von-1227380282280)

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/06/02/1227380/282254-0934e44a-08fe-11e5-a1f9-57727bb58918.jpg

A nostalgic two-week tour for Eddy Pettybourne will hopefully go a long way to securing him another contract with the Gold Coast Titans.

Last weekend the 27-year-old played against his former club South Sydney, where he spent six years. This Friday night he meets Wests Tigers, his home for the 2013 season.

“I’m looking forward to the game, looking forward to going back to Leichhardt — it’s always a good atmosphere there,” said Pettybourne, who is still good mates with Tigers backs Tim Simona and David Nofoaluma.

It was a similar trip down memory lane playing the Rabbitohs at Cbus Stadium last Saturday. “It was good playing Souths with a few familiar faces there too,” Pettybourne said.

“Obviously a game is a game, so you put your friendships aside. You can be friends again after the game.”

The prop doesn’t have too much time to reminisce. He signed only a one-year deal with the Titans after spending a season with Wigan in Super League last year after leaving the Tigers.

“Hopefully, I’ll stay longer here. Hopefully something pops up soon. But I’ve just got to let my footy do the talking.”

And he’s getting the message through, with 107 hit-ups for the Titans in 10 matches so far this year. That’s second only to Ryan James (137) and ahead of Luke Douglas and Nate Myles.

“I wanted to get into the 17 and now I’m just trying to hold my spot and play good footy,” he said.

“(Coach Neil Henry) is helping me a lot with getting me to focus on single things in my game and I feel like I’m improving a lot.

“As a frontrower I’ve got to not only tuck the ball under and run hard, I’ve got to stick to the game plan. I’m trying to get that right in my game.”

Lying 13th on 10 competition points, the Titans might easily have been in the top four considering they have lost two games by a field goal and one by a conversion. They went down to the reigning premiers by just a converted try last weekend (22-16).

“We took some confidence from that through some good defence. But we did too much of it. It gassed us too much so we had little left for our attack. But it did bring our confidence up. We need to take it up another notch.”

- - - Updated - - -

Petty has been fantastic. I hope he signs on for another year or two.

K2G
04-06-15, 02:50 PM
Sezer Contemplating Back-Flip
Posted: 4 June, 2015 by Triple M NRL

Triple M's Mark Geyer has mail that Aidan Sezer may stay with the Titans, despite signing a rich deal to join the Raiders next season.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN (http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/6/audio-mail-that-gold-coast-titans-aidan-sezer-is-thinking-about-back-flipping-canberra-raiders/)

"The drums are beating," said MG, on Triple M Sydney's Grill Team.

"Someone that I know, who is usually 80% right, is getting word that Aidan Sezer is contemplating going back to the Titans." Listen to the full audio below.

This will upset Canberra coach Ricky Stuart, that's for sure.

The 23-year-old Titans five-eighth signed with Canberra last April in a deal believed to be worth a massive $500,000 a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think it will happen, not something I'm particularly hoping for. Would be funny to see Ricky Stuart get b*ttf*cked again though.

Show and Go
04-06-15, 03:39 PM
Don't do it Aidan.

GCTTSD
04-06-15, 04:07 PM
I wouldnt want it to happen. Titans shouldnt be asking him to backlip it just isnt right after the whole dce backflip saga

TitansFan92
04-06-15, 04:09 PM
The club will not be offering Sezer any deal. That would be double standards and we as a club have more integrity then that, unlike some but we won't go there will we hahaha.

Mexican titan
04-06-15, 04:21 PM
The club will not be offering Sezer any deal. That would be double standards and we as a club have more integrity then that, unlike some but we won't go there will we hahaha.

I keep racking my brain but I don't know what club you might be referring to?

But moving on ...... if Sezer has noticed that it has been -5 and nice fresh Canberra mornings recently I don't blame him for having second thoughts. At the right price and if there are no better plan B options then let's grab him. NRL clubs catch and kill their own and most wouldn't know what double standards mean so play hard and tough like the rest of them I say. We saw yesterday where being nice guys got us. If we kept him it would allow us to concentrate on getting that centre we need plus a couple of big name forwards.
Or get Foran - he must surely be having second thoughts about going to Parra.

Bayside Titan
04-06-15, 06:18 PM
I keep racking my brain but I don't know what club you might be referring to?

But moving on ...... if Sezer has noticed that it has been -5 and nice fresh Canberra mornings recently I don't blame him for having second thoughts. At the right price and if there are no better plan B options then let's grab him. NRL clubs catch and kill their own and most wouldn't know what double standards mean so play hard and tough like the rest of them I say. We saw yesterday where being nice guys got us. If we kept him it would allow us to concentrate on getting that centre we need plus a couple of big name forwards.
Or get Foran - he must surely be having second thoughts about going to Parra.

Foran is not a silly idea. Offer same money as DCE. Just worry about injuries.

Titanic
04-06-15, 06:39 PM
Foran would be fine and a Sezer without Myles would be a win/win at this stage, just to "sticky-it" to somebody more down than us ... being the nice guys in this business is just ridiculous after yesterday ... I reckon Annersley has had to have a sphincter valve replacement he's been reamed so many times.

amaline
04-06-15, 07:24 PM
Josh Massoud said on 7 News that we are targetting Mbye.

TitanSam
04-06-15, 07:30 PM
And so we should be, don't know if I believe him, but I'll take it, and In my absolute honest opinion I'd say chuck the dollars at him, 350-500K I'll be happy. Much better option than Chris Sandow

Mexican titan
04-06-15, 08:16 PM

Wasn't it Massoud who kept saying DCE was coming here?

- - - Updated - - -

Foran is not a silly idea. Offer same money as DCE. Just worry about injuries.

Think we would get him for a lot less than DCE. Won't happen so I will stop with the fantasy. (And when are you changing your name).

K2G
04-06-15, 08:21 PM

This would be my dream DCE replacement... but i won't get my hopes up.

Bayside Titan
04-06-15, 09:12 PM
Wasn't it Massoud who kept saying DCE was coming here?

- - - Updated - - -

Think we would get him for a lot less than DCE. Won't happen so I will stop with the fantasy. (And when are you changing your name).

Mate. Have to get a Mod on to it for me as I had to ask Diehard to change it last time :-).

Hail Sezer
04-06-15, 09:15 PM
Mate. Have to get a Mod on to it for me as I had to ask Diehard to change it last time :-).

at your service, PM or FB me details mate

DIEHARD
05-06-15, 03:10 PM

Sorry you had endure that nickname. You are back to your old self.

Bayside Titan
05-06-15, 04:26 PM
Sorry you had endure that nickname. You are back to your old self.

I feel like my soul has been cleansed. :-). I'm back baby ..... Thanks guys.

SCoast Titan
05-06-15, 08:44 PM
Now with the whole DCE thing done and dusted who would everyone like to see partner LG?? I personally reckon Hodko would be the go

TitanSam
05-06-15, 08:51 PM
The absolute best outcome would be Mbye. He and Elgey would be legendary. However I doubt it happening. I'd say Hodko, Maloney maybe even Carney but he and the GC nightlife would not mix. Either of the three I'd be fine with, just please not Sandow.

SCoast Titan
05-06-15, 08:57 PM
Yeah I hope not sandow either. Hopefully he is playing NSW Cup with Ben Barba. Mbye would be great but I think the doggies would give us Hodko before they gave us him. Maloney would be a good buy too

K2G
05-06-15, 09:39 PM
Moses Mbye on Titans’ hit-list with the Bulldogs’ partner hailing from the Gold Coast
TRAVIS MEYN THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/moses-mbye-on-titans-hit-list-with-the-bulldogs-partner-hailing-from-the-gold-coast/story-fniabrr8-1227385218998) JUNE 06, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/06/05/1227385/217470-e1f473e6-0b50-11e5-a7cb-854c2b6b7d3b.jpg

THE pitter patter of little feet could lead Bulldogs whiz kid Moses Mbye to the Gold Coast Titans.

The Titans will get a first-hand look at their prime recruitment target when Mbye’s Bulldogs appear at Cbus Super Stadium next Sunday.

With Test and Origin playmaker Daly Cherry-Evans reneging on his four-year deal with the Titans to stay at Manly, the Gold Coast is searching for a new chief shot-caller.

And the impressive Mbye could be the answer to their problems.

Mbye has been a revelation for the Bulldogs as a replacement for starting halves Trent Hodkinson and Josh Reynolds.

The 21-year-old is contracted to the Bulldogs until the end of 2016 but partner Maddi is expecting the couple’s first child.

Both their families live in Noosa, just a two-hour drive from the Gold Coast, and being closer to them could push Mbye towards the Titans.

Mbye’s manager, Simon Mammino, said he was gauging the Bulldogs’ interest in retaining Mbye long-term and it’s understood coach Des Hasler is reluctant to lose the versatile playmaker.

We’re trying to work through the process with Canterbury and where they’re at,” Mammino said.

“He wants to be a Bulldog so it’s going to take a fair bit to get him out.

“He’s very happy at the Bulldogs and has a good relationship with the coach. They’ve been a great club.

“He finally got a go and has taken it with both hands but he’s happy to keep doing his apprenticeship and learn from Des.”

Kane Elgey will be one of the Titans’ halves in 2016 and coach Neil Henry is assessing other potential targets.

Hodkinson, NSW’s incumbent halfback, and Roosters pivot James Maloney have been spoken about but Mbye could be a long-term project.

“He’s got a lot more upside in him. We’re only just scratching the surface of what Moses could be,” Mammino said.

“It’s little steps before big steps and he understands that. He’s at a point in his career now where he’d really like to play six (five-eighth).

“There’s no timeline on that but he wants to be the number six for Canterbury or maybe at another club.”

gotitans101_
05-06-15, 09:41 PM
Wow K2G, that's certainly encouraging!

K2G
05-06-15, 09:47 PM
Titans must move on from Daly Cherry-Evans and look forward to rebuilding their squad
DARREN LOCKYER EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/opinion/titans-must-move-on-from-daly-cherry-evans-and-look-forward-to-rebuilding-their-squad/story-fns99y8z-1227385255838) JUNE 06, 2015 12:00AM

THE Titans don’t have time to shed too many tears. Amid the heartache over Daly Cherry-Evans’ backflip, the best thing the Titans can do now is look forward, not in the rear-view mirror, and approach the NRL with a strategic recruitment plan.

The Gold Coast should ask the governing body, the organisation that just happens to currently control them, for help to sign Israel Folau or Sonny Bill Williams.

Yes, it's a big ask. Some would say prising “Izzy” or Sonny from rugby is akin to Mission Impossible.

But with Titans reeling from the Cherry-Evans saga, the club needs to explore every possible option to provide optimism in the battle against AFL’s Suns for the hearts and minds of the Gold Coast public.

Cherry-Evans, it seemed, was the feel-good story the Titans craved.

It wasn’t just his on-field talent. It was his off-field gravitas, his ambassadorial skill-set and the star power that would have been a magnet for other players to see faith in the Titans brand.

Those dreams were shattered the second Daly agreed to a lifetime deal at Manly.

It’s hard not to feel sorry for the Titans. They are the big losers out of this contract circus, effectively left stranded at the altar, and the next recruitment steps they take will form a crucial plank in how the Titans handle life after DCE.

For the past two years, we have heard about the NRL’s much-vaunted war chest and CEO Dave Smith’s power to open the purse strings to sign a nominated marquee player.

To this day, the NRL has yet to pull out the chequebook.

But if there was ever a time for Smith to invest in some blue-chip talent, surely it is now. Looking around the NRL marketplace, there’s not a huge array of names that jump out as poster boys to spearhead a Titans revival.

I like the look of Moses Mbye at the Bulldogs.

He’s a Queensland kid and more importantly, a level-headed playmaker on the rise who, as he matures, will improve with his game management.

At 21, Mbye is off-contract next year, and would be an ideal target for the Titans.

But if the club wants a fusion of pulling power, headlines and on-field success, I’d start by going hard for either Folau or Sonny Bill.

Izzy would have the right synergies to succeed at the Titans.

He was schooled in rugby league at Marsden High in Logan, just on the rim of Gold Coast’s footballing nursery.

He has only just turned 26, which would give the NRL and the Titans at least five years to leverage his fame and ability as a dual international.

He is a Queensland kid who has a place in the heart of Maroons fans from his Origin heroics. And most importantly, he is a free agent in 2016, meaning the NRL could strike now to bring Izzy back to the code that made him a household name.

By playing NRL, AFL and rugby union, Folau has shown he is an athlete open to any sporting opportunity.

If the numbers are right, helping rebuild the Titans may just be another box to tick for Izzy.

Luring Sonny Bill may be more problematic given his NZRU deal expires at the end of 2016 and his strong ties to Sydney Roosters supremo Nick Politis.

But if the Titans want to recover quickly from the Cherry-Evans saga, they must think proactively and act decisively.

The AFL can be a good road map for the Titans.

When they established the Suns in 2011, the fledgling club had immediate star power in Gary Ablett, who went with the blessing of an AFL hierarchy mindful of the power of his profile in the Gold Coast market.

As for Cherry-Evans, I’m not going to throw the book at him.

I am surprised by his backflip, I felt joining the Titans was an opportunity for Daly to stamp himself as a leader in Queensland.

I saw it as a logical step in his natural ascension to become the next Queensland and Australia captain.

If it was me, I would have kept my word with the Titans, but everyone is different.

We are on the outside looking in and Daly is not the first guy to backflip on an NRL deal, so he seems comfortable enough to cope with the fallout.

Ultimately, no singular player is bigger than an NRL club.

The Titans will live to fight on. The sight of Folau or Sonny in blue and yellow might just make the battle a little easier.

TitansFan92
05-06-15, 09:51 PM
Titans must move on from Daly Cherry-Evans and look forward to rebuilding their squad
DARREN LOCKYER EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/opinion/titans-must-move-on-from-daly-cherry-evans-and-look-forward-to-rebuilding-their-squad/story-fns99y8z-1227385255838) JUNE 06, 2015 12:00AM

THE Titans don’t have time to shed too many tears. Amid the heartache over Daly Cherry-Evans’ backflip, the best thing the Titans can do now is look forward, not in the rear-view mirror, and approach the NRL with a strategic recruitment plan.

The Gold Coast should ask the governing body, the organisation that just happens to currently control them, for help to sign Israel Folau or Sonny Bill Williams.

Yes, it's a big ask. Some would say prising “Izzy” or Sonny from rugby is akin to Mission Impossible.

But with Titans reeling from the Cherry-Evans saga, the club needs to explore every possible option to provide optimism in the battle against AFL’s Suns for the hearts and minds of the Gold Coast public.

Cherry-Evans, it seemed, was the feel-good story the Titans craved.

It wasn’t just his on-field talent. It was his off-field gravitas, his ambassadorial skill-set and the star power that would have been a magnet for other players to see faith in the Titans brand.

Those dreams were shattered the second Daly agreed to a lifetime deal at Manly.

It’s hard not to feel sorry for the Titans. They are the big losers out of this contract circus, effectively left stranded at the altar, and the next recruitment steps they take will form a crucial plank in how the Titans handle life after DCE.

For the past two years, we have heard about the NRL’s much-vaunted war chest and CEO Dave Smith’s power to open the purse strings to sign a nominated marquee player.

To this day, the NRL has yet to pull out the chequebook.

But if there was ever a time for Smith to invest in some blue-chip talent, surely it is now. Looking around the NRL marketplace, there’s not a huge array of names that jump out as poster boys to spearhead a Titans revival.

I like the look of Moses Mbye at the Bulldogs.

He’s a Queensland kid and more importantly, a level-headed playmaker on the rise who, as he matures, will improve with his game management.

At 21, Mbye is off-contract next year, and would be an ideal target for the Titans.

But if the club wants a fusion of pulling power, headlines and on-field success, I’d start by going hard for either Folau or Sonny Bill.

Izzy would have the right synergies to succeed at the Titans.

He was schooled in rugby league at Marsden High in Logan, just on the rim of Gold Coast’s footballing nursery.

He has only just turned 26, which would give the NRL and the Titans at least five years to leverage his fame and ability as a dual international.

He is a Queensland kid who has a place in the heart of Maroons fans from his Origin heroics. And most importantly, he is a free agent in 2016, meaning the NRL could strike now to bring Izzy back to the code that made him a household name.

By playing NRL, AFL and rugby union, Folau has shown he is an athlete open to any sporting opportunity.

If the numbers are right, helping rebuild the Titans may just be another box to tick for Izzy.

Luring Sonny Bill may be more problematic given his NZRU deal expires at the end of 2016 and his strong ties to Sydney Roosters supremo Nick Politis.

But if the Titans want to recover quickly from the Cherry-Evans saga, they must think proactively and act decisively.

The AFL can be a good road map for the Titans.

When they established the Suns in 2011, the fledgling club had immediate star power in Gary Ablett, who went with the blessing of an AFL hierarchy mindful of the power of his profile in the Gold Coast market.

As for Cherry-Evans, I’m not going to throw the book at him.

I am surprised by his backflip, I felt joining the Titans was an opportunity for Daly to stamp himself as a leader in Queensland.

I saw it as a logical step in his natural ascension to become the next Queensland and Australia captain.

If it was me, I would have kept my word with the Titans, but everyone is different.

We are on the outside looking in and Daly is not the first guy to backflip on an NRL deal, so he seems comfortable enough to cope with the fallout.

Ultimately, no singular player is bigger than an NRL club.

The Titans will live to fight on. The sight of Folau or Sonny in blue and yellow might just make the battle a little easier.

Lockyer must be a fly on the wall at Titans HQ

Supergoose
05-06-15, 10:04 PM
SBW is a pipe dream. Folau is a more likely target but we'd need marquee player assistance. Still doesn't solve the right half issue. Mbye sounds like a good fit if we can get him.

TITAN PETE
05-06-15, 10:06 PM

Why ?..

It's never been a secret he's always been on the list it's just the fact that the club & most of us thought the Gymnist was coming so until 2 days ago that list was gathering dust, the question is whether Hasler wants to lose Mbye or Hodkinson

I would love to see him come here but apart from Mbye I would hate for the club to even entertain the thought of Sandow or Hodkinson & would prefer to see Hazard resigned before those 2

TitanSam
05-06-15, 10:09 PM
1. Folau
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Hoffman
5. Mead
6. Mbye
7. Elgey

I just squealed a little...

K2G
05-06-15, 10:17 PM
Call me crazy, but I am every bit as excited about a potential Mbye + Elgey pairing, as i was for the potential DCE + Elgey pairing.

I just, I've been hurt before. I want to believe.

Maybe Life's Good??

Mmmmm baby, Life's Good.

Mexican titan
05-06-15, 10:49 PM

Well the others have let your comment slide TF92. Care to elaborate or PM me.
After the RU world cup what is left for sbw and Izzy.

TitanSam
05-06-15, 10:51 PM
Well the others have let your comment slide TF92. Care to elaborate or PM me. oh I noticed it, just didn't want to sound like I was media or dodgy ahah

TitansFan92
05-06-15, 11:13 PM
oh I noticed it, just didn't want to sound like I was media or dodgy ahah

Now this makes me wonder if your are media.

Boonarga
06-06-15, 12:15 AM
If the NRL are looking at marquee money for us then Sam Burgess should be the target.

Yankee Doodle Titan
06-06-15, 12:54 AM
If the NRL are looking at marquee money for us then Sam Burgess should be the target.

THIS. No, he doesn't fill the slot that DCE is leaving vacant, but he has drawing power. People who don't follow league closely still know his name and that he's a star. These are the people the Titans need if they want to make money.

Sport is theater, just in a different package. Either have the name above the marquee to draw the crowd, or have the positive word of mouth (i.e., be a premiership-winning team). Since we aren't yet the latter, we need to try and be the former.

JunctionBlock
06-06-15, 08:11 AM

Firstly you'd have to believe that Lockyer wrote that. Sounds like you have a leak.

Show and Go
06-06-15, 08:27 AM
Yes the Titans should be all in for Moses Mbye. Wouldn't it be lovely for the club to build around 2 young and talented halves from QLD. Throw in Moseley in the 9 and we have the making of a good spin. Next on my list would be Valentine Holmes to play fullback.

JunctionBlock
06-06-15, 08:29 AM
What a shame we still have another year to run on Srama's contract.

For those on here that are fans and for those that are friends...

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/friend-opens-playing-future/?adbsc=social_20150605_47009456&adbid=943652599009317&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Should never have been shown the door.

Show and Go
06-06-15, 08:35 AM
What a shame we still have another year to run on Srama's contract.

For those on here that are fans and for those that are friends...

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/friend-opens-playing-future/?adbsc=social_20150605_47009456&adbid=943652599009317&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

Should never have been shown the door.

Yes he should never have been shown the door. That said he is 34 and really has no place as a player at the Titans IMO.

JunctionBlock
06-06-15, 08:53 AM
Yes he should never have been shown the door. That said he is 34 and really has no place as a player at the Titans IMO.

At 34 I'd take him over Falloon and Srama.

Show and Go
06-06-15, 09:35 AM

you'd be delusional then.

Bayside Titan
06-06-15, 09:58 AM

I agree. Friend shouldn't have left. However I believe that he deserves one final year with us. But with Srama here it. Makes it unlikely.

JunctionBlock
06-06-15, 12:20 PM
you'd be delusional then.

Nope, took all my meds this morning, as did I.

Mexican titan
06-06-15, 03:55 PM
I agree. Friend shouldn't have left. However I believe that he deserves one final year with us. But with Srama here it. Makes it unlikely.

As much as I didn't want him to leave, he has been giving very little to the Warriors this year. Past it I am afraid and unfortunately the salary cap doesn't allow for sentiment.

Titan4Life
06-06-15, 04:35 PM
So are we chasing or are we realistically any chance of signing Izzy Folau?

IpswichTitans
06-06-15, 05:07 PM

Would be good, but seriously doubt it.

TITAN PETE
06-06-15, 05:08 PM

"IF" he became available there would be no betting he would be a Rooter before anyone else got a look in

Mexican titan
06-06-15, 05:15 PM

After the RU World Cup what is there to keep him in the code if the money can be matched elsewhere.
Based on the DCE saga I would personally hope any deals with Folau, or anyone else for that matter, is kept out of the media and the public until the contract is signed and registered. That said it appears Managers as much as anyone deliberately put things out there with the sole aim of bumping up the price (and their commission).

Bayside Titan
06-06-15, 05:42 PM
#bringIzzy2GCTitans2016 @GCTitans @NRL

Let's get this going on Twitter see what happens.

teke
06-06-15, 06:10 PM
you'd be delusional then.Friend is a thousand times better than Srama

Show and Go
06-06-15, 06:14 PM
Friend is a thousand times better than Srama

Not at 34 he isn't. Srama had potential but unfortunately has been crippled by the terrible coaching standard at the Titans. Cartwright stunk up the joint for too long.

teke
06-06-15, 06:17 PM
Not at 34 he isn't. Srama had potential but unfortunately has been crippled by the terrible coaching standard at the Titans. Cartwright stunk up the joint for too long.Friend at 40 is better than any version of Srama. Srama lacks very basic skills, ones as simple as passing left to right from the deck. A lot of time was spent helping him

TitansFan92
07-06-15, 11:52 AM

All I will say is the club is gauging his interest in coming back to the NRL and if he is interested we have the cap to get him.

IpswichTitans
07-06-15, 12:07 PM
All I will say is the club is gauging his interest in coming back to the NRL and if he is interested we have the cap to get him.

Get on it!! Would love to see him here. I'm not his biggest fan but he will put bums on seats and would be great sponsorship wise.

Titan4Life
07-06-15, 12:12 PM

Hope we can get him as he'd be an amazing buy in terms of skill level and also the positive headlines his signing would create for us. Scored another hatrick last night for the Waratahs so he is definitely worth the coin. I can just imagine:

1. Folau/Hoffman
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Hoffman/Folau
5. Mead
6. Mbye/Maloney
7. LG

Get cracking Titans! We need Izzy!

Boonarga
07-06-15, 12:22 PM
Hope we can get him as he'd be an amazing buy in terms of skill level and also the positive headlines his signing would create for us. Scored another hatrick last night for the Waratahs so he is definitely worth the coin. I can just imagine:

1. Folau/Hoffman
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Hoffman/Folau
5. Mead
6. Mbye/Maloney
7. LG

Get cracking Titans! We need Izzy!

What about Zillman ��

DIEHARD
07-06-15, 12:28 PM
We really have a terrible strike rate with trying to sign stars. I'm not sure if I'm ready for any more soap operas.

Titan4Life
07-06-15, 12:50 PM
Found this on the Facebook page '2015 NRL Premiership Season':

Huge Rumour!

According to sources, Gold Coast Titans are set to announce a new signing this week.

Chris Sandow and Moses Mbye have been tossed up as possible signings.

Any truth TitanFan92?

IpswichTitans
07-06-15, 12:54 PM

Any truth TitanFan92?

I doubt we'd have moved that quickly???

TitanSam
07-06-15, 01:08 PM
I want the dogs to sign Hodko first so that means Mbye will look else where. Then that's where we step in, offer him the $$$ and boom Mbye to GC for 2016. I'm just praying it's not Sandow

JunctionBlock
07-06-15, 01:21 PM
Bulldogs won't let another JT slip through their fingers. They'll let Hodkinson go (whose contract is up) bring Mbye into the halves next year and give him a generous contract upgrade when his contract is up end of 2016.

I don't think we are a chance of getting Mbye.

Titan4Life
07-06-15, 01:31 PM
If we don't get Mbye, my second choice would be Maloney. His goal kicking and general kicking is very good. Also, his experience would be handy next to LG. That being said, I hope we an somehow get Mbye.

JunctionBlock
07-06-15, 02:29 PM
TitanFan92 plan of Maloney for two years and Nona for three is the best option for us in a realistic sense. I'm all for that. Especially cause Manly are chasing Nona too.

TitansFan92
07-06-15, 02:44 PM

Any truth TitanFan92?

Interesting the only signing this week I know of Was the re signing of Roberts but I will make a phone call and get back to you because there was a player close to signing but we didn't expect to hear anything from them till Tuesday at the earliest.

TitanSam
07-06-15, 03:00 PM
Interesting the only signing this week I know of Was the re signing of Roberts but I will make a phone call and get back to you because there was a player close to signing but we didn't expect to hear anything from them till Tuesday at the earliest. what position are they?

TitansFan92
07-06-15, 03:12 PM
what position are they?

No comment Mr Media hahahaha. Once I confirm that this player has signed I will put it on the forum mate.

TitanSam
07-06-15, 03:19 PM
Omg what does it take to prove I'm not media -.-

gotitans101_
07-06-15, 04:27 PM
We really have a terrible strike rate with trying to sign stars. I'm not sure if I'm ready for any more soap operas.

Agree on that. Plus the last thing we need is another player taking up a huge slab of our salary cap.

We need a couple of decent forwards but there really isn't much on offer. :(

Mexican titan
07-06-15, 05:08 PM
If we don't get Mbye, my second choice would be Maloney. His goal kicking and general kicking is very good. Also, his experience would be handy next to LG. That being said, I hope we an somehow get Mbye.

I would like both but if I am looking at 2016 I would prefer Maloney, just solely for his experience with LG.

- - - Updated - - -

No comment Mr Media hahahaha. Once I confirm that this player has signed I will put it on the forum mate.

Please don't put it on until the backflip date has passed!!!

DIEHARD
07-06-15, 07:08 PM
I really think the inside word routine needs some time on the bench.

Titanic
07-06-15, 07:40 PM
What about Zillman 😨
Wash your mouth out with Ajax.

TitanSam
07-06-15, 08:25 PM
I hope for 2016 our signings are: Mbye/Maloney, McQueen, Lewis Brown, Docker, Mata'utia, Molo tbh they would be great signings. I'm not 100% bothered by Molo as I hope Hala gets a bench spot. I think Souths are going to re-sign McQueen from what I've heard from zerotackle.

Show and Go
08-06-15, 08:08 AM
Sandow would be a terrible signing. He is a problem off the field as well as not being that good.

Bayside Titan
08-06-15, 08:25 AM
Sandow would be a terrible signing. He is a problem off the field as well as not being that good.

Yeah you still hear that he is still loose off the field. Coming to the Coast would be like waiving a red cape at a bull.

Titanic
08-06-15, 10:08 AM
Yeah you still hear that he is still loose off the field. Coming to the Coast would be like waiving a red cape at a bull.
Agree but a small correction "coming back to the Coast ...." we've aready got rid of him once.