View Full Version : 2015 Squad Signings and Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 04:50 PM
edit nvm k2g beat me to it.

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 04:52 PM
Never in doubt!!
Can someone now go and drag Titan4Life back from the cliff face. I hope we get to him in time.

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 04:54 PM
TitansFan92, whoever you are, whoever you know, pass on our thanks and praise to whomever deserves it. Oh joyous days. Suppose I'll have to do some work tomorrow now. bugger!

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 04:56 PM
man stuff the journalists we have TF92!!

TITAN PETE
28-04-15, 04:57 PM
@badel_cmail: Breaking: kane elgey rejects manly to stay at the titans. Good news for gold coast fans

I told you don't believe that Twitter tripe :eyebrows:

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 04:57 PM
Will do mate but jobs not done yet. Still have to re sign Roberts and Myles.

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 04:58 PM
pete, not even our club's official twitter account?

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 04:58 PM
TitansFan92 you are a legend buddy! So glad he is staying!

jenwood
28-04-15, 05:00 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 05:01 PM
We need to make LG a local super star. Who's in charge of banner production around here?

LG
Lifes Good on the GC

- - - Updated - - -

Titans twitter account has confirmed it.

https://twitter.com/GCTitans/status/592941032108527616/photo/1

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 05:02 PM
Never in doubt!!
Can someone now go and drag Titan4Life back from the cliff face. I hope we get to him in time.

Hahahaha hahahaha gold.

TITAN PETE

Players managers always have the good oil :thumbsup:

Titan4Life
Never in doubt!!

I'm all good mate haha no need to worry about me. Just happy the club didn't stuff it up. Actually Manly fans are the ones we should be checking on.

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 05:04 PM
You have to question where the media is getting all this info though? Someone has to be wrongly leaking it.

Stalks
28-04-15, 05:09 PM
My 2015 made, right now!

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 05:13 PM
Moley's copping it on twitter after he told me that when he puts something on Twitter it's ANNOUNCED! LOL Glad he's wrong on this one.

Ausphin
28-04-15, 05:15 PM
You have to question where the media is getting all this info though? Someone has to be wrongly leaking it.

That's what "media" is these days mate.

Throw mud at a wall and see what sticks.

In this day and age where everything is driven by views and website hits etc, they go with a controversial topic or just throw something out there. I know it's not easy, but i try not to get too wound up until something official is reported. Enough other stuff to worry about, without stressing over some of these "reports".

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 05:16 PM
Will do mate but jobs not done yet. Still have to re sign Roberts and Myles.

Well fingers crossed. Can't keep them all I'm guessing and you won't keep every one happy. Must have been the outrigger team building session they did today that sealed the deal. Shame Myles missed it.

DavidBouveng
28-04-15, 05:21 PM
Where are you Titans92? I want to have your baaayyyybies!!

Good man.

2 to go you say... I imagine roberts won't be too hard, and Myles is anyone's guess.

We we can genuinely sell a premiership dream to players we are recruiting now. Or least can honestly say we will be a top tier team.

DCE, LG, JR, Ryan James, mosely...plus a host of young forwards that we should see a few benefits from. The ingredients are there.

- - - Updated - - -

And on the media... They are all so quick to break news... Maybe wait until it's announced.

i have no doubt Moley is right often, but players/clubs change their mind.... As is their right until they've signed or announced.

K2G
Elgey agrees to stay a Titan

Neil Cadigan Tue 28th April, 05:04PM | Titans.com.au (http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/04/28/elgey_agrees_to_stay.html)

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/04/28/elgey_agrees_to_stay/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1430205132157.jpg

Titans halfback Kane Elgey has today agreed to a two-year deal to remain with the club, ending speculation that he was heading to Sydney.

The 21-year-old, who has been impressive in his five NRL appearances this season, said he was happy to be able to stay on the Gold Coast where he has been raised and played his junior rugby league.

“In the end I wanted to stay on the Gold Coast with my family and friends around me and with my teammates and coaching staff I have a lot of respect for, even though it was a very tempting opportunity presented by Manly,” he said.

“Definitely the chance to play under probably the greatest halfback of all time in Andrew Johns, who is assistant coach at Manly, was a big consideration in developing my game.

“But I’m happy here and Neil Henry gave me my opportunity in the NRL and is a great coach and I’m just relieved I have made the decision and can now get on with my football.

“And I’m excited to hopefully be able to play with Daly Cherry Evans too.

“I’m really proud that I’m a local junior who has come through the Titans ranks and a lot of people have supported me here. I want to repay them and be part of a successful side on Gold Coast.”

Elgey was the Holden Cup player of the year in 2014 and made his NRL debut for the Titans in round five this season against the Sharks and has played a role in four victories since.

The Australian Schoolboy representative is a Tugun Seahawks junior who attended the league strong Palm Beach Currumbin High School.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley said: “We are absolutely delighted Kane has decided to commit not only to the Titans but also the local community where he has learned his football.

“Hopefully it will inspire a whole new generation of local talent hoping to follow in his footsteps.”

Geeman
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana::banana:

Show and Go
28-04-15, 05:22 PM
Huge signing for the club. Well done. He was a must keep. He and DCE could form a Premiership winning halves pairing. Now to re-sign Myles and Roberts ASAP. Show Bird the door please .

K2G
28-04-15, 05:25 PM
Hats off to the kid. Class act.

And to Anneseley, the board, our coach and recruitment team... you all continue to impress me. Another step in the right direction.

DavidBouveng
28-04-15, 05:28 PM
Just got the official email from titans. Lg *****es!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah great quotes from him.

rj62
28-04-15, 05:30 PM
Yeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwww awesome!

One thing we have to learn from this.....
In the past we have been quick (justifiably) to jump down the clubs throat at many decisions over the years.
Much has been written here over the past week or so, some of it from the depths of despair that we are all usually familiar.

How about we acknowledge the new administration and place our faith in what they are able to do or not do as the case may be.

Up to 2 hours ago we were throwing daggers at them and LG.

I'm guilty as well but it's all too clear that the person or people who posted to 'chill out' until we have confirmation was on the money.
That would have avoided a whole lot of crap that we've been feeling.

If we can tie up the next two that would be awesome and maybe this signing might have something to do with that.

Just Great bloody news.....

On the other hand HOW FREAKING GOOD IS THAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 05:41 PM
Here was the Mole's tweet:

@RLW_Mole: Elgey was set to join @SeaEagles at 9am, peeps. @GCTitans came up with a big counter-offer. Now he's staying. Stuff happens.

Wonder how much we offered? Regardless it's good to see a young home grown talent stay! 2016 PREMIERS!!!

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 05:42 PM
For those of you that frequent other forums I have a question. And this isn't a shot at anyone on here.

Are the other footy fans of other clubs quick to voice their displease to their respective clubs when "news" or rumours like we have experienced today circulate? This seems to be a very useful tool for players managers to use to increase their clients worth. I question whether it has a bearing on the club forcing them to invest some emotion into a contract negotiation thus leading to higher dollars. Do i just pay more attention to the Titans cause I'm a fan or do other contract negotiations go the same way for other clubs but I just don't care and therefore don't notice.

K2G
28-04-15, 05:50 PM
Yeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwww awesome!

One thing we have to learn from this. In the past we have been quick (justifiably) to jump down the clubs throat at many decisions over the years. Much has been written here over the past week or so, some of it from the depths of despair that we are all usually familiar. How about we acknowledge the new administration and place our faith in what they are able to do or not do as the case may be. Up to 2 hours ago we were throwing daggers at them and LG. I'm guilty as well but it's all too clear that the person or people who posted to 'chill out' until we have confirmation was on the money. That would have avoided a whole lot of crap that we've been feeling.

You can look at it two ways.

Either fans unjustifiably panicked, lost their cool, unnecessarily bagged the club / the player, and should not have said or done anything until an official announcement was made ...

OR

... The outcry from fans on facebook, twitter, instagram, petitions, forums, news websites, radio stations, emails (of which i sent many!) etc, reached someone important through whichever channel and had some impact towards the final outcome, however minuscule.

I for one think that there is nothing wrong with fans letting the club know what we think and how we feel, whichever way you choose look at it. Of course there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, and hopefully most of us here know where that line is and respect it.

Like I said in my most recent email-blast to Titans HQ:

'After the previous chapter of our clubs history, we as a fan-base are still adjusting to the new direction and present leadership of the club. Re-signing ELGEY is a massive, massive deal to many of us titans fans, members and the GC community, who have not only watched Kane come up through the grades, but have become jaded by the precedent of over-looking and even squandering local talent, set by the last regime. I simply cannot express how relieving it is to know that the importance of keeping young men like Kane at the club is a philosophy shared by our coaching staff, recruitment team, executive staff and board members.'

It's not about spouting indiscriminate abuse from whatever soapbox you can find, but providing the club with a unified message from it's KEY stakeholder ... us, the paying fan-base.

AHhHHHHHH...

anyway, so much win for one day. I am a happy titans fan right now.

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 05:51 PM
Where are you Titans92? I want to have your baaayyyybies!!

Good man.

2 to go you say... I imagine roberts won't be too hard, and Myles is anyone's guess.

We we can genuinely sell a premiership dream to players we are recruiting now. Or least can honestly say we will be a top tier team.

DCE, LG, JR, Ryan James, mosely...plus a host of young forwards that we should see a few benefits from. The ingredients are there.

- - - Updated - - -

And on the media... They are all so quick to break news... Maybe wait until it's announced.

i have no doubt Moley is right often, but players/clubs change their mind.... As is their right until they've signed or announced.

Someone is a little excited hahahaha

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 05:55 PM
Has anyone checked on Teke? Is someone able to reach out to him?

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 05:59 PM
I would encourage everyone on here to email the club and congratulate them for LG signing. As stated above some of us a quick to fire off an angry email but never one to congratulate on a great achievement.

I will commit to sending a congratulatory email.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone checked on Teke? Is someone able to reach out to him?

He has probably taken T4L place on the ledge. .......;-).

ozynorts
28-04-15, 06:00 PM
Awesome news. This is a kid that we can build the future around.

rj62
28-04-15, 06:00 PM
You can look at it two ways.

Either fans unjustifiably panicked, lost their cool, unnecessarily bagged the club / the player, and should not have said or done anything until an official announcement was made ...

OR

... The outcry from fans on facebook, twitter, instagram, petitions, forums, news websites, radio stations, emails (of which i sent many!) etc, reached someone important through whichever channel and had some impact towards the final outcome, however minuscule.

I for one think that there is nothing wrong with fans letting the club know what we think and how we feel, whichever way you choose look at it. Of course there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, and hopefully most of us here know where that line is and respect it.

Like I said in my most recent email-blast to Titans HQ:

'After the previous chapter of our clubs history, we as a fan-base are still adjusting to the new direction and present leadership of the club. Re-signing ELGEY is a massive, massive deal to many of us titans fans, members and the GC community, who have not only watched Kane come up through the grades, but have become jaded by the precedent of over-looking and even squandering local talent, set by the last regime. I simply cannot express how relieving it is to know that the importance of keeping young men like Kane at the club is a philosophy shared by our coaching staff, recruitment team, executive staff and board members.'

It's not about spouting indiscriminate abuse from whatever soapbox you can find, but providing the club with a unified message from it's KEY stakeholder ... us, the paying fan-base.

AHhHHHHHH...

anyway, so much win for one day. I am a happy titans fan right now.

Pretty sure 99% of us jumped on that soap box through total frustration (guilty as charged) - whether it has an effect on the outcome, I doubt it.

Our views don't pay the players bills - simple as that.

There is no doubt the club knew how important he was to retain, the sentiments here would have underlined it if nothing else.

The point of my post was to give these people in charge a chance to do what they are there for.

In my view - today they did just that and I will make a note of it for next time and hold my thoughts (and judgements) until someone has signed something.

Might save a few more grey hairs too :)

Is it just me or does this beer taste sweeter...??

5 Year Contract
28-04-15, 06:15 PM
You Beauty!! Ok new plan. Dont believe any twitter/Sydney newspaper speculation unless it comes directly from the mouth of the club/player! Great news for the future of us. Lets wrap up Roberts and sort out the bird/myles situation and happy days! An LG/DCE combo next year has gota start getting some potential sponsors onboard

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 06:21 PM
What a rollercoaster. Went from being deadset devastated to being over the moon. Crazy 24 hours but now im absolutely buzzing.

Thankyou Kane. Thankyou Titans recruitment staff.

I'll sleep well tonight.

K2G
28-04-15, 06:30 PM
The club should have an absolute field day marketing a DCE + LG halves combo. Get them out on the beach doing surf lessons and beach footy drills.

They should maximise our purchase in the surfy grommet market a thousand fold.

teke
28-04-15, 06:33 PM
Has anyone checked on Teke? Is someone able to reach out to him?im all good mate, LG was never Manlys. Dce situation is far from over though

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 06:47 PM
im all good mate, LG was never Manlys. Dce situation is far from over though

Can't Manly pick on someone else????

teke
28-04-15, 06:51 PM
Can't Manly pick on someone else????they have no halves for next yr, u better believe they'll do a lot to keep what is theirs.

Plus it all stems back to when Presto milked that penalty vs manly at skilled all those yrs ago lol

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 06:55 PM
Go after Foran. Just LEAVE Brittany ALONE!!!! I mean DCE.

DavidBouveng
28-04-15, 06:56 PM
they have no halves for next yr, u better believe they'll do a lot to keep what is theirs.

Plus it all stems back to when Presto milked that penalty vs manly at skilled all those yrs ago lol

Pleeeease. Orford was all oooohver him. Fair penalty.

toddythetitan
28-04-15, 07:28 PM
Im just stoked we are keeping elgey lets celebate that and worry about dce when the situation pops its ugly head

Show and Go
28-04-15, 07:49 PM
Big call but keeping Elgey is the most important signing in the clubs history.

Titanic
28-04-15, 08:01 PM
Ah-ha, the voices of reason emerge from the depths of despair ... I have to agree with you all: GREAT NEWS AND GOOD ON THE CLUB ADMINISTRATION FOR HOLDING FIRM.

Paasi gets up and plays the ball to jack-in-the-box Moseley who fires a flat pass to Cherry-Evans who in turn dummies, makes a half break and then chips behind the ruck to a scheming Elgey. He gathers it one-handed and runs through the scattered defence before finding a rampaging James. James rumbles up to the fullback looks left, passes right to a flying Roberts who scampers over untouched beneath the uprights.

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 08:01 PM
What a rollercoaster. Went from being deadset devastated to being over the moon. Crazy 24 hours but now im absolutely buzzing.

Thankyou Kane. Thankyou Titans recruitment staff.

I'll sleep well tonight.

I think what is pleasing is that there is no doubt that Kane took less money to stay which is great to have a local continue to want to stay where he got his opportunity. I know the Titans would not have been able to match Manly if they wanted to manage the salary cap so it's great that a balance was struck. Just let's ensure that when DCE's and Elgey's contracts expire together in two years (DCE has an option but it's in his favour) an adjustment has already been done and one has a contract beyond 2017. I have seen the poor management of DCE and Foran's contracts at Manly where both have expired together and both have left at the same time.
And yep the beer tastes better tonight. Believe me, it's quite strange as a Titans and Manly member to watch the Elgey and DCE thing play out. I actually found myself being more disappointed for the Titans had they missed DCE or lost Elgey as it is essential for the Titans to kick on and they are the team I watch live more these days. Manly have had plenty of success and we will be back. Just shows how far the respective clubs have changed as if someone had said only last year that the Titans would have outbid Manly for two players you would have been committed.

TITAN PETE
28-04-15, 08:06 PM
Kane was never leaving but he has a clever managers manager who just happens to manage DCE & Myles

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 08:13 PM
Kane was never leaving but he has a clever managers manager who just happens to manage DCE & Myles

I think that Manager has a stooge in the media who runs some stuff on Twitter to help get the players value up.
I could be Joshing, Orr I might be right.

K2G
28-04-15, 08:22 PM
Paasi gets up and plays the ball to jack-in-the-box Moseley who fires a flat pass to Cherry-Evans who in turn dummies, makes a half break and then chips behind the ruck to a scheming Elgey. He gathers it one-handed and runs through the scattered defence before finding a rampaging James. James rumbles up to the fullback looks left, passes right to a flying Roberts who scampers over untouched beneath the uprights.

This is beautiful to imagine... but in an equally realistic scenario;

Paasi gets up and plays the ball to jack-ing-off Falloon who fires a forward pass to Cherry-Evans who in turn dummies, makes a half break, just before Zillman miss-times an attempted support play, running into the back of Daly, who, while falling, chips behind the ruck to a scheming Elgey. He gathers it one-handed and runs through the scattered defence before finding a lumbering from an off-side position Matt White. White rumbles up to the fullback looks left, passes forward to a flying-pony-tailed Kevin Gordon who is sill two yards off the pace, the ball goes over the side-line, the whistle blows, and we're all left wondering how Zillman is still getting picked at fullback in 2016.

:laugh:

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 08:24 PM
Hats off to MT as well for having sportsmanship. Other Manly fans calling for our heads on social media and calling us cheats for being 'sponsored' by the NRL. Quite funny to read some of their responses actually :laugh:

Well done MT :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Exhibit A :laugh:

@Cambo96: @gc_anthony look at you. Didn't know they had internet at mudgeerba caravan park you piece of ****. I hope you die soon

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 08:34 PM
This is beautiful to imagine... but in an equally realistic scenario;

Paasi gets up and plays the ball to jack-ing-off Falloon who fires a forward pass to Cherry-Evans who in turn dummies, makes a half break, just before Zillman miss-times an attempted support play, running into the back of Daly, who, while falling, chips behind the ruck to a scheming Elgey. He gathers it one-handed and runs through the scattered defence before finding a lumbering from an off-side position Matt White. White rumbles up to the fullback looks left, passes forward to a flying-pony-tailed Kevin Gordon who is sill two yards off the pace, the ball goes over the side-line, the whistle blows, and we're all left wondering how Zillman is still getting picked at fullback in 2016.

:laugh:

That is probably the more realistic one mate haha!

Tamwelg
28-04-15, 08:35 PM
Now time to lock up James Roberts.

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 08:46 PM

That should be next on the agenda. Him and Elgey should be our priority re-signings and now that one can be ticked off the list, we need to make sure the other stays as well. Lock up Jimmy the Jet Titans!

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 08:46 PM
Hats off to MT as well for having sportsmanship. Other Manly fans calling for our heads on social media and calling us cheats for being 'sponsored' by the NRL. Quite funny to read some of their responses actually :laugh:

Thanks mate. I am as biased as hell when it comes to Manly but I live here now and have been a Titans member since day 1 and I just couldn't cop more of what we had the last few years. I look forward going to watch the Titans now and 2016 should be something else. I just hope the Titans marketing team are up to the task.
As for the Titans being sponsored by the NRL, those people should probably try and find out what Manly offered to LG and then try to analyse why he knocked it back. Obviously he stayed here for much less, which I doubt the NRL can be blamed for!

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 08:47 PM
yeah i'm reading a bit of hate on twitter from Manly fans right now too.

"not enough room on Twitter feed but the NRL help a team who have zip & we can't even get help to upgrade our ground."

teke
28-04-15, 08:54 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Exhibit A :laugh:

@Cambo96: @gc_anthony look at you. Didn't know they had internet at mudgeerba caravan park you piece of ****. I hope you die soondidnt u call DCE a maggot or something when the backflip story first came out? Then u had the balls to Twitter mortimer (a premiership winning player) telling him he wasn't a halfback?!

rj62
28-04-15, 08:55 PM
Surely LG electrics must be approached as sponsor :laugh:

Titan4Life
28-04-15, 08:59 PM
didnt u call DCE a maggot or something when the backflip story first came out? Then u had the balls to Twitter mortimer (a premiership winning player) telling him he wasn't a halfback?!

Mate sure but there is a massive difference between having an opinion that Mortimer is a better bench utility than halfback (most would agree on here) and telling someone they should kill themselves and they hopefully will die soon.

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 09:02 PM
Surely LG electrics must be approached as sponsor :laugh:

Just pinch Soniq from Manly.

TITAN PETE
28-04-15, 09:08 PM

Exactly mate

Love the new ID

- - - Updated - - -

I think that Manager has a stooge in the media who runs some stuff on Twitter to help get the players value up.
I could be Joshing, Orr I might be right.

Social media is brilliant for causing a shyte storm which can send a particular group of people into a frenzy as we have seen twice now .... Wrong Orr Right it seems to have done the job

rj62
28-04-15, 09:22 PM
Just pinch Soniq from Manly.

:laugh::laugh:

K2G
28-04-15, 09:25 PM
Kane Elgey rejects Manly Sea Eagles to stay with Gold Coast Titans
PETER BADEL EXCLUSIVE THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/kane-elgey-rejects-manly-sea-eagles-to-stay-with-gold-coast-titans/story-fniabjcr-1227325085010) APRIL 29, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/04/28/1227325/084474-9775638c-ed70-11e4-a93e-1e8761188867.jpg

KANE Elgey last night spurned a $200,000 bonus at Manly and the chance to work with half-back Immortal Andrew Johns to pledge his future to the Titans.

The magnetic appeal of Titans-bound Daly Cherry-Evans became evident when the Gold Coast staved off Manly to retain their most promising young playmaker.

The Sea Eagles tabled a vastly superior two-year deal and were so eager to snare Elgey the Titans tyro fielded a phone call from Manly assistant coach Johns.

The Test legend spruiked the benefits of mentoring Elgey at Brookvale, but the 21-year-old stayed loyal, opting to learn the nuances of scrumbase play alongside Cherry-Evans.

The Australian Schoolboys sensation will remain at the Titans until the end of 2017, underlining his commitment by sacrificing $200,000 to play for the club that developed him.

The retention of Elgey is a significant coup for the Titans and the first evidence of Cherry-Evans’ pulling power as coach Neil Henry looks to rebuild the Coast as a finals force.

“In the end I wanted to stay on the Gold Coast with my family and friends around me and with my teammates and coaching staff I have a lot of respect for,” Elgey said.

“Definitely the chance to play under probably the greatest half-back of all-time in Andrew Johns was a big consideration in developing my game.

“But I’m happy here and Neil Henry gave me my opportunity in the NRL. He is a great coach and I’m just relieved I have made the decision and can now get on with my football.

“I’m excited to hopefully be able to play with Daly Cherry-Evans too.

“I’m really proud that I’m a local junior who has come through the Titans’ ranks and a lot of people have supported me here.

“I want to repay them and be part of a successful side on Gold Coast.”

The Elgey negotiations took a number of twists and turns. Manly were supremely confident of securing the Tugun Seahawks junior on Monday night, but the Titans improved the terms of their two-year offer.

The Sea Eagles made a last-ditch bid on Tuesday, hitting back with a more lucrative deal, but Elgey showed faith in the Titans club that gave him his NRL debut in round four.

The left-footed Elgey has been a revelation in his opening five games and will be a handy foil for Maroons ace Cherry-Evans after Aidan Sezer recently signed with Canberra.

Elgey’s manager Tas Bartlett said his client’s desire to learn from Cherry-Evans and remain close to his family on the Gold Coast sealed the deal.

“I don’t know where the Manly rumours initiated from. Maybe Manly were confident of a result but we deliberated all day yesterday to come to a decision,” he said.

“Kane had a good chat to ‘Joey’ about adding some polish to his game, but the arrival of ‘DCE’ and the chance to learn from him was too hard to ignore.

“Manly’s offer was more lucrative, but he’s at the start of his NRL career. He has been with the Titans since he was 15 and that journey will continue on an upward spiral.”

Titans coach Neil Henry said: “It’s great news for the club that Kane has agreed to terms for further two years. He is certainly a talent for the future and we hope he is part of this club for a long time to come.”

DavidBouveng
28-04-15, 10:20 PM
i have read through the Manly forum a bit...not really to troll as we were a couple of flips of a coin away from losing both DCE and LG (might still lose DCE), just wanted to see how they are feeling and they have about 700 posts in a Kane Elgey thread.

this was the last post, and made me laugh. not cos their pain is funny...i truly feel for them. and weve missed onplayers weve wanted, but 37 pages is excessive.

Now that he is not signing with Manly, can we end the 37 page thread on a player who will never play for Manly.

Thanks bye.

Brock O'Brien
28-04-15, 10:49 PM
I was just thinking, in the space of two years we have went from having one of the worst spines (Zillman, Sezer, Mortimer, Falloon) to now possibily one of the best in the competition for 2016 (Hoffman, Elgey, DCE, Moseley.) Great work by Neil Henry and co, really impressed.

gcboyz
28-04-15, 11:10 PM
"SUGAR" Kane , great to see a local poised for a great career. Thank you for the loyalty, I think you will be richly rewarded in years to come.
We need to learn from this and lock up the next generation as well. "BIO" Hazard , and Jamal Fogerty ("K") are next on the shopping list.

For me, I still think we need a bit of mongrel in the pack and I tend to rate props who have some attitude. Bird and Myles would be difficult to replace and hope that it is possible to retain them both.

Future really looks bright.

teke
29-04-15, 12:37 AM
He rubs me the wrong way but Titans need Bird imo, that mungrel and competitiveness just doesn't come along that often.

Hail Sezer
29-04-15, 05:35 AM
Boom rookie agrees to new deal with Gold Coast Titans and keen to learn from Cherry

JACK HARBOUR JACK.HARBOUR@NEWS.COM.AU GOLD COAST BULLETIN APRIL 29, 2015 12:00AM

DESPITE three months of careful negotiations, Kane Elgey’s decision to re-sign with the Gold Coast hung in the balance as late as yesterday afternoon.

But the Titans half-back said a desire to play alongside Test half Daly Cherry-Evans and live near his family and friends on the Gold Coast was the tipping point when it came to turning down the opportunity to learn from rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns, who is an assistant coach at Manly.

Elgey ended the tug of war between the Titans and the Sea Eagles last night when the boom rookie elected to re-sign for another two years with the Gold Coast.

The Sea Eagles were desperate to pinch the national under-20 competition player of the year from the Titans.

He was seen as a potential replacement for their own star half Cherry-Evans, who signed a rich four-year deal with the Titans, which begins next year.

There was plenty of speculation that Elgey would link with Manly for the chance to be mentoree by ‘‘Joey’’ Johns as their halves coach and a bigger money deal.

Elgey told the Bulletin that a groundswell of support from Titans fans made yesterday afternoon’s final decision that much easier.

“I’m finding my feet at the moment and only five games in so why would I try to change it now? That’s one of the biggest things,” he said.

“Obviously I can learn off Cherry-Evans because he’s learnt off ‘Johnsy’ so it’s the same information in a way.

“I don’t normally look at stuff on the internet but a lot of stuff was coming up.

“A whole support base from the Titans basically saying ‘Don’t leave’.

“So that’s probably good to know I’ve got some support from the fans.”

The 21-year-old said the positive atmosphere surrounding the Titans’ performance in recent weeks also came into play.

With their away win over the Warriors on Saturday the side is sitting inside the eight.

“I’ve come in and four of my five games we’ve won so that’s pretty positive for me and obviously winning is a big thing,” Elgey said.

“The decision’s probably not only for that — I’m not ready to leave the Gold Coast at this stage.

“It’s been hard obviously all the offers have been different … but I only just made my mind up today (yesterday).

“I’m only 21 so maybe in the future who knows but at this stage I don’t think I’m ready to leave and I’m happy to stay here.”

Titans CEO Graham Annesley described the decision as “great news” for a club that was battling only a couple of months ago.

Annesley said the Titans’ game and business plans were centred around improvement in 2015.

However, he admitted the club’s ability to retain a player with the class of Elgey was a positive sign that things are headed in the right direction.

“Kane’s got a wonderful future ahead of him and he’s had faith in the club to see his future here and the fact that he’s a local junior who’s come through the ranks is even icing on the cake,” he said.

“I think it’s great news for the club and the future of the club.”

Annesley said despite yesterday’s positive news, the Titans could not afford to be complacent.

“Everything that we’re trying to do at this club is about improvement,’’ he said.

“We have to keep building and we have to keep improving.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/boom-rookie-agrees-to-new-deal-with-gold-coast-titans-and-keen-to-learn-from-cherry/story-fnj9yd9w-1227325605772?from=gold+coast+bulletin_rss

- - - Updated - - -

His comments about the support online from Titans supporters assisting his decision is truly remarkable. Congratulations to all of you who put a word out there in support of him re-signing, I have no doubt that you guys contributed to his comments above and I'm certain that he has read this forum. :thumbsup:

The future looks incredibly bright for us at the moment, there are a few more contract situations which need to be sorted (JR, Myles and i suppose Bird) and then 2016 should be looking a lot clearer. Exciting time to be a Titans supporter.

JunctionBlock
29-04-15, 06:56 AM
Here's hoping NEW sponsors are lining up and are just waiting for the Round 13 deadline before the contract becomes active on the provision that DCE is a certainty.

ozynorts
29-04-15, 06:59 AM
He rubs me the wrong way but Titans need Bird imo, that mungrel and competitiveness just doesn't come along that often.

And this year he doesn't seem to be as much of a ball hog. Perhaps King has impressed on him the need to be a team player and use the explosive players outside him more.

karnage
29-04-15, 08:28 AM
Outstanding news. It really has been a rollercoaster this year.

Went broke.

Got bought out.

Had half the squad up on drugs charges.

Got 'em back.

Lost 3 in a row.

Signed DCE.

Lost DCE.

Got him back.

Won 4 out of 5.

CRAZY!!!

Titanic
29-04-15, 01:33 PM
Love reading this stuff:

Gold Coast will boast one of the most exciting scrumbase partnerships in the NRL from 2016 onwards after boom playmaker Kane Elgey re-signed with the club on a new two-year deal.Elgey, considered the hottest up-and-coming pivot in the NRL, rejected overtures from Manly to stay on the Gold Coast, the Titans announced on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old former Australian Schoolboy and NYC player of the year has enjoyed a stunning start to his NRL career, scoring two tries in his opening five games and piloting the Titans to an upset win over the Warriors in Auckland last start.
With Cherry-Evans to join the Titans next year, the club now has a halves partnership to base a premiership winning team around.
A Tugan Seahawks junior, Elgey said the chance to stay on the Gold Coast was a key factor in his decision.
"In the end I wanted to stay on the Gold Coast with my family and friends around me and with my teammates and coaching staff I have a lot of respect for, even though it was a very tempting opportunity presented by Manly," Elgey said.
"I'm happy here and (coach) Neil Henry gave me my opportunity in the NRL and is a great coach. I'm just relieved I have made the decision and can now get on with my football and I'm excited to hopefully be able to play with Daly Cherry-Evans too."
Titans boss Graham Annesley fended off a big money offer from Manly to retain Elgey.
"We are absolutely delighted Kane has decided to commit not only to the Titans but also the local community where he has learned his football," Annesley said.
"Hopefully it will inspire a whole new generation of local talent hoping to follow in his footsteps."
http://www.sportsfan.com.au/titans-re-sign-young-gun-elgey/tabid/91/newsid/160382/default.aspx

K2G
29-04-15, 01:52 PM
HOW THE TITANS CONVINCED ELGEY TO REJECT MANLY

RLW.com (http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans-convinced-elgey-reject-manly/) | Written by GREG PRICHARD, April 29, 2015

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Kane-EElgey.jpg

GOLD Coast boss Graham Annesley has revealed details of the delicate final negotiating process that enabled the club to re-sign young gun Kane Elgey after it had been widely reported he had done a deal with Manly for next year.

The Titans took the view that it’s never over until it’s over and ended up getting their man, despite the Sea Eagles having pulled out all stops by promoting to Elgey the opportunity to work with their specialist halves coach – the eighth RLW Immortal, Andrew Johns.

Now, Gold Coast can plan for 21-year-old Elgey to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves next season – after Cherry-Evans leaves Manly.

“From our point of view, our negotiations with Kane were never concluded,” Annesley tells RLW.

“We were still talking to him and his manager right up until yesterday (Tuesday), as we had been right through the process. We made one final increase to our offer before Kane made his decision.

“It was fairly minimal, it wasn’t a massive increase, and then we just waited. We had been assured by Kane’s management, despite what was being reported in the media from Monday onwards, that he hadn’t signed anything.

“Kane is a local junior with unlimited potential, so we submitted our final offer and then we just sat back and waited until about 4.30pm yesterday, when I received a text message confirming he had decided to stay.”

Annesley says Gold Coast had worked hard over a period of time to get to a stage where it could come to terms with Elgey.

“I think Kane always wanted to stay, because this is where he played his junior footy and it’s his home,” Annesley says.

“But when you’re young and it’s your first big contract, the sort of dollars rival clubs are prepared to offer can be tempting, so we gradually edged our offer up during the course of the negotiations.

“In the end I think we got close enough to be competitive with other offers Kane had received, making it an easier decision for him to say ‘I’m staying’.”

gotitans101_
29-04-15, 01:58 PM
edit: already been posted

Mexican titan
29-04-15, 02:03 PM
Scroll up champ. Posted at 6.30am today.

gotitans101_
29-04-15, 02:04 PM
oh sh*t, I did but I somehow must have missed that :/

K2G
29-04-15, 02:06 PM
Scroll up champ. Posted at 6.30am today.

C'mon MT, gotta give him points for physically scanning in a newspaper article :salute:

gotitans101_
29-04-15, 02:10 PM
lol i didn't scan it

just found it and saved the img from pressreader.

didn't know it was available digitally like in HS's post.

But hey, I'm just a small time guy from a small country town so what would I know.

Mexican titan
29-04-15, 02:37 PM
C'mon MT, gotta give him points for physically scanning in a newspaper article :salute:

Yeah good stuff it was too - way above my capabilities.
It's a quiet day on this thread after yesterday. Got very little done yesterday like a few others.

DIEHARD
29-04-15, 05:00 PM
I nearly had a heartattack reading the email from the Titans.

Was reading it on my phone and it could only fit the words.... Elgey signs two-year deal with....

Thank god we got him. Just imagine. Elgey AND Cherry!!!!!!!

JunctionBlock
29-04-15, 07:03 PM
Titans haven't had any negative news in the last 24 hrs we're overdue from the Sydney press. The next negative headlines will be about Myles contract negotiations for sure. Sounds like they aren't going well for Myles.

Titanic
29-04-15, 07:12 PM
I raise you JB, the next negative news will be that Zillman has triggered his three year option.

JunctionBlock
29-04-15, 07:33 PM
I raise you JB, the next negative news will be that Zillman has triggered his three year option.

Well I ain't sleeping tonight.

Bayside Titan
29-04-15, 08:18 PM

Go wash your mouth out !!!! .......;-)

Julius Sezer
29-04-15, 08:57 PM
i bet the whole Elgey signed with Manly was a tactic by Elgey's management to increase Elgey's price.

TitansFan92
29-04-15, 08:58 PM
Titans haven't had any negative news in the last 24 hrs we're overdue from the Sydney press. The next negative headlines will be about Myles contract negotiations for sure. Sounds like they aren't going well for Myles.

Don't think like that the club is doing well so there will be no negative headlines.

Is there something you would like to tell me??? Zillman will get shown the door asap unless by some miracle he comes into some constant great form that lasts more the 2 games.

teke
29-04-15, 09:06 PM
Don't think like that the club is doing well so there will be no negative headlines.

Is there something you would like to tell me??? Zillman will get shown the door asap unless by some miracle he comes into some constant great form that lasts more the 2 games.Asap was a few yrs ago

JunctionBlock
29-04-15, 09:06 PM

Is there something you would like to tell me??? Zillman will get shown the door asap unless by some miracle he comes into some constant great form that lasts more the 2 games.

The press hates us. What happened to Gordon Tallis being our ambassador?

teke
29-04-15, 09:09 PM
The press hates us. What happened to Gordon Tallis being our ambassador?hes explained his role a few times on Triple M, he doesn't get paid for the job and regularly is involved with getting the young coast ppl to the home games

TitansFan92
29-04-15, 09:44 PM
Asap was a few yrs ago

Manly are starting to get a bit desperate. I wonder if they want a hard training, game breaking (for the opposing team) Fullback/Centre/Five-Eighth. I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement. :p ;)

Bayside Titan
29-04-15, 10:17 PM
Manly are starting to get a bit desperate. I wonder if they want a hard training, game breaking (for the opposing team) Fullback/Centre/Five-Eighth. I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement. :p ;)

But wait there's more!!........We will throw Mortimer And some steak knives as well. !! ....;-)

Mexican titan
29-04-15, 10:52 PM
But wait there's more!!........We will throw Mortimer And some steak knives as well. !! ....;-)

C'mon lads, can you just leave manly alone. Mind you at the moment zillman would be classed as a prize signing.

teke
29-04-15, 11:38 PM
Manly are starting to get a bit desperate. I wonder if they want a hard training, game breaking (for the opposing team) Fullback/Centre/Five-Eighth. I am sure we can come to some sort of agreement. :p ;)We have Tommy T, there is no need for anyone else

Yankee Doodle Titan
30-04-15, 12:25 AM
Zillman will get shown the door asap unless by some miracle he comes into some constant great form that lasts more the 2 games.

Please tell me this is true.

DavidBouveng
30-04-15, 07:56 AM
titansfan92 has some currency at the moment...but do you mean that he wont get offered a contract at end of this one? or you mean he is on verge of being dropped at some point soon

Yankee Doodle Titan
30-04-15, 08:43 AM
titansfan92 has some currency at the moment...but do you mean that he wont get offered a contract at end of this one? or you mean he is on verge of being dropped at some point soon

Both. Either. Beggars can't be choosers.

TitansFan92
30-04-15, 09:06 AM

Unfortunately he is on to much coin t get rid of him before his contract is up but if I have anything to do with it next year will be his last at the club.

- - - Updated - - -

C'mon lads, can you just leave manly alone. Mind you at the moment zillman would be classed as a prize signing.

Sorry mate it was just to easy after Tekes comment

ozynorts
30-04-15, 09:18 AM
So we should be looking at left centre options who are off contract at the end of 2016 then?

IpswichTitans
30-04-15, 09:58 AM
So we should be looking at left centre options who are off contract at the end of 2016 then?

I doubt that we could afford him but Tim Simona is off contract and I rate him highly. Very unlikely though so ill just keep that one for my dreams.

Bayside Titan
30-04-15, 10:03 AM
From Wednesday's Lurker of Twitter.

DCE persuades Lussick
With Daly Cherry-Evans now appearing unlikely to backflip on his rich Gold Coast deal, he’s doing his bit to help build the Titans for 2016.
And that includes pushing Parramatta enforcer Darcy Lussick towards the club.
Lussick and DCE are best mates from their Manly days and the classy halfback has been singing the praises of the glitter strip to his mates.
The Titans are on the lookout for big men up front with representative stars Nate Myles and Greg Bird both likely to leave the club.

rj62
30-04-15, 11:11 AM
Personally I hope Myles stays.
Bird.....not so much....

Titan4Life
30-04-15, 12:11 PM
According to Dobbo on NRL 360 last night, Greg Bird will likely stay with us in 2016 because he is under contract and the Titans are happy with how he is going. Myles however apparently walked out of a meeting with the Titans because he doesn't think they are offering him good enough coin.

Of course Dobbo has gotten a lot wrong so is any of this actually correct TF29?

TitansFan92
30-04-15, 12:23 PM
From Wednesday's Lurker of Twitter.

DCE persuades Lussick
With Daly Cherry-Evans now appearing unlikely to backflip on his rich Gold Coast deal, he’s doing his bit to help build the Titans for 2016.
And that includes pushing Parramatta enforcer Darcy Lussick towards the club.
Lussick and DCE are best mates from their Manly days and the classy halfback has been singing the praises of the glitter strip to his mates.
The Titans are on the lookout for big men up front with representative stars Nate Myles and Greg Bird both likely to leave the club.

Lussick will most likely replace Myles up front.

According to Dobbo on NRL 360 last night, Greg Bird will likely stay with us in 2016 because he is under contract and the Titans are happy with how he is going. Myles however apparently walked out of a meeting with the Titans because he doesn't think they are offering him good enough coin.

Of course Dobbo has gotten a lot wrong so is any of this actually correct TF29?

Bird will stay unless another club is willing to match what he is on money wise at the club. It is looking likely he will either go to Raiders or Sharks

As for Myles he did indeed walk out of a meeting yesterday. The club is not dropping his price, we are just not giving him the pay rise which he doesn't agree with. So it is 50/50 with him at the moment. Our offer is for 3 years for the same money per year that he has been on this year.

The club is more concentrating on getting JR re signed to a long term deal.

Titan4Life
30-04-15, 12:26 PM
Lussick will most likely replace Myles up front.

Bird will stay unless another club is willing to match what he is on money wise at the club. It is looking likely he will either go to Raiders or Sharks

As for Myles he did indeed walk out of a meeting yesterday. The club is not dropping his price, we are just not giving him the pay rise which he doesn't agree with. So it is 50/50 with his at the moment. Our offer is for 3 years for the same money per year that he has been on this year.

Okay so the latest is now that Myles will most likely go, Bird will most likely stay and Lussick will most likely sign. Are you able to disclose any other names we are chasing or in talks to? Understand fully if you can't.

TitansFan92
30-04-15, 12:31 PM
Okay so the latest is now Myles will most likely go, Bird most likely staying and Lussick will sign. Are you able to disclose any other names we are chasing or in talks to? Understand fully if you can't.

Bird is still likely to leave. Myles is 50/50. We are offering more years then Manly.

The club are concentrating on re signing JR to a long term deal. We are still looking for a strike centre but until we are close to signing someone I won't name anyone. Just so it doesn't affect any deals.

Titan4Life
30-04-15, 12:37 PM
Bird is still likely to leave. Myles is 50/50. We are offering more years then Manly.

The club are concentrating on re signing JR to a long term deal. We are still looking for a strike centre but until we are close to signing someone I won't name anyone. Just so it doesn't affect any deals.

Alright cheers mate. You are a legend :thumbsup:

Hope we do re-sign Roberts to a 3 or 4 year deal as I see him getting better and better as the years go on. Will no doubt be a star of the future for the Titans. Would prefer it isn't a 5 year deal though because we all know what happens when the Titans sign a player to a five year deal :ugh:

Mexican titan
30-04-15, 01:14 PM

Hmmm let me get this right.
Until a few weeks ago we were 15th and things were looking bloody poor. Tomorrow night two of our players will represent their Country, so we have 2 of the best 17 players in the Country - and we look like letting both go. No wonder I am one of those blokes you see walking the streets and just talking to themselves.
Strangely enough I am not real worried if both go, although based on recent form the are keepers.

TitansFan92
30-04-15, 01:22 PM
Until a few weeks ago we were 15th and things were looking bloody poor. Tomorrow night two of our players will represent their Country, so we have 2 of the best 17 players in the Country - and we look like letting both go. No wonder I am one of those blokes you see walking the streets and just talking to themselves.
Strangely enough I am not real worried if both go, although based on recent form the are keepers.

I think there is a lot more to the Bird situation that even I haven't been told. For Myles to me it sounds like its all about money and imo he is not worth the pay rise he was going to get.

JunctionBlock
30-04-15, 01:31 PM

They are two players that Tim Sheens thinks make up the best 17 in Australia. Myles was surprised he got a call up and honestly I'm amazed.

No doubting their value to our team but if Myles wants to keep whinging that he's not being made to feel wanted after what TitansFan92 just said then that's damaging to the clubs image and once again, doesn't need to be played out in the media.

No need to go into why Bird and the club aren't happy with each other but unfortunately I think someone the likes of Bird would be harder to replace than Myles.

teke
30-04-15, 01:52 PM
Letting Bird and Myles go leaves the Titans verrrry thin upfront. As it stands there just isn't that good of quality behind them that can carry the team next season

DavidBouveng
30-04-15, 02:56 PM
Hopefully keep one. Bird on this years form fits in nicely at 13.

Yankee Doodle Titan
30-04-15, 02:59 PM
I know I'll get pilloried for asking this, but why are we so worried about losing Myles and Bird?

Sure, when he's not hogging the ball Bird can come up with some snazzy offloads, but he also costs us dearly by causing and/or milking penalties. As for Myles...nice guy with an awe-inspiring beard (when he grows it), but he seems well and truly past his T-800 Cyberdyne Systems days.

Surely there can't be any shortage of slabs of meat with safe hands out there who will sign for the same or less as these two guys get.

5 Year Contract
30-04-15, 03:02 PM
Yeah hopefully we retain Bird I think he has been especially solid this year. Sure he comes with the baggage and at times is an easy target for the referees but he just adds that bit of extra punch and fire that we need. Im also really hope that given the stars aline and he pays his penance we get Paul Carter back.

In regards to Myles he is a great asset to the clubs but I 100% agree that he really hasn't done anything to warrant a payrise given he is on a very generous contract at the moment. By all means im not saying he isnt absolutely a huge part of our club and I would 100% like to have him at the titans for life but if he is demanding far above what he is worth I would rather see that money spent on new blood or retaining young talent.

Dannyboy
30-04-15, 04:22 PM
James Roberts will sign with the raiders.

rj62
30-04-15, 04:37 PM
Whilst Bird's form has been better than normal of late, I can't help feeling he is still on his path of redemption.
I'm afraid his continual off field garbage is too much for me and another episode (you're kidding yourself if you think there wont be) might scare off any prospective sponsors.

He is an Origin and Australian rep - grow up you fool. Be a role model for kids and stop having to use the word sorry every few months.

If he could just play footy and pull his head in off the field, we'd be better for it. If he can't, then I reckon we are better off without him.

5 Year Contract
30-04-15, 05:02 PM
James Roberts will sign with the raiders.
Im all for banter but deadset mate no one wants to hear your raiders bull**** on every single titans related comment. Happy to discuss any aspect our game against you guys coming up but stop being a pest on every other thread

TITAN PETE
30-04-15, 07:33 PM
I think the Crack Pipes are Calling Dannyboy

Titanic Believer
30-04-15, 08:40 PM
Might as well put in my two bobs worth on Myles and Bird. We need the experience especially at the back end of games. If we can replace that well and good. I've never been a Bird fan. I'm too Maroon for that. But it felt good knowing there was experience on the park when the Warriors started to run down our lead last week.

TitansFan92
30-04-15, 09:03 PM
The way its looking atm is

Myles > Lussick
Bird > ?

Glenn, Thaiday, Docker, Lovett or Pauli Pauil would be options to replace Bird.

RenegadeGC
30-04-15, 09:05 PM
Id be happy with this trade off -
Myles -> Thaiday
Bird -> Alex Glenn

Myles and Thaiday be roughly the same coin, but Id say Glenn would be cheaper than Birdy. Dont lose anything in terms of leadership and both those Donkeys are in good form.

DavidBouveng
30-04-15, 09:18 PM
and Glenn has age on his side

Hail Sezer
30-04-15, 09:19 PM

Myles > Lussick
Bird > ?

Either or

IpswichTitans
30-04-15, 09:41 PM
Either or

I second that!

rj62
30-04-15, 10:14 PM
I cant see Glenn being let go.....unsure on Thaiday....

Just wonder if he'd be after a telephone number contract.....?

I'm gonna leave my faith with the people in the Club negotiating these things. Learnt that lesson after LG.

They know more than all of us put together.

Bayside Titan
30-04-15, 10:43 PM

Myles > Lussick
Bird > ?

Firstly I would want to keep Myles but unsure if Lussick is the right fit for us ???

Secondly of the list I would take Glenn or Docker. More so Glenn as he has age on is side , I think still lives on the coast . Has played with Hoff , Hala. Kiwi international so won't affect us at Origin. Good clean image. Plays 80 minutes. Lastly has links to Miami High and Burleigh Bears. Could be good or wise as well bringing a local back.

DavidBouveng
30-04-15, 11:04 PM
BCE....everything you said

Titanic
30-04-15, 11:34 PM
The best value we could get from Myles is if we had a major sponsor and he got their name tattoo'ed on that massive melon of his … he does little for me to be honest. He may play for the Maroons and Oz but he can't go another level although I would rather keep him than Bird. I'm warming to the idea of Lussick.

As for Bird, his antics do me in too. Yes, he can play but I would rather a younger grog-free Carter than him right now. I am happy to stick with James, Taylor, Pettybourne, Burr and Paasi too but Hala? What has he ever done to get the raps he gets? Also Crampton plays back row too.

JunctionBlock
01-05-15, 06:46 AM
I dunno. Lussick is at the Eels for $450K. It's getting risky given players like James ($333k) and DT ($400k) will have their hands out when their contracts are up (2018 & 2017 respectively) plus with a youth policy we are paying unders for a lot of the first year guys that will be looking for more money every year. Caps gotta be getting tight in the next couple of years till the likes of the Carty/Searle deals conclude.

I guess Lussick brings the dog into the team that maybe lacking if Bird finds a deal elsewhere.

If Myles goes this year then Bird staying for another year (court case pending) may not be a bad thing.

We could chase Jeremy Smith or Justin Horo cause then Newcastle and Manly will have the cash to take Bird off our hands ;) But Glenn or Docker would be fine. Doubt Broncos will let Glenn go though.

Contract values are off Zero Tackle

Bayside Titan
01-05-15, 09:31 AM
If Lussick is on $450k and it's rumoured that we have spoke to him , what does my head in is that surely we would have that money or alittle more for Myles.??? My only guess is that maybe Lussick has been offered alittle less and sold on the fact that he gets to live on the GC and play footy with DCE???

TITAN PETE
01-05-15, 11:39 AM
I couldn't believe Lussick would be on anywhere near $450K he's not a rep player nor will he ever be one, if the figure is true then Douglas is worth $800k but he's nowhere near half that..............& we should never consider someone like Jeremy Smith he's looking for retirement money now

DavidBouveng
01-05-15, 12:20 PM
yeah if you going to pay 450...you might as well keep myles.

lussick might have got lucky when parra was overspending trying to build a team, but once that is up...his market value will be lower and he will have to take what he can get, which will be more in the 250-325 region tops

JunctionBlock
01-05-15, 12:21 PM
I couldn't believe Lussick would be on anywhere near $450K he's not a rep player nor will he ever be one, if the figure is true then Douglas is worth $800k but he's nowhere near half that..............& we should never consider someone like Jeremy Smith he's looking for retirement money now

Prices as per Zero Tackle website. Parra chased him hard when he had his "stand out" year with Manly. As there was a smiling winky face after the sentence regarding Smith and Horo I reserve the right to say it was a joke.

Titanic
01-05-15, 12:48 PM
I would get Boyd from Raiders before his price goes through the roof … offer him a sea view apartment and a VIP card to Yatala pies and let him loose.

Mexican titan
01-05-15, 02:19 PM
yeah if you going to pay 450...you might as well keep myles.

lussick might have got lucky when parra was overspending trying to build a team, but once that is up...his market value will be lower and he will have to take what he can get, which will be more in the 250-325 region tops

Spot on and as I have said previously I think Lussick is a cheap shot merchant who I don't think fits here. I would have liked the club to start the no d1ckhead policy and that rules Lussick out.
But based on the rumours it seems I will have to get to like him, again.

gcboyz
01-05-15, 04:24 PM
Signings (and re-signings) to date seem to be following a pattern of "no d1ckhead" policy. Now that we have a chance of attracting sponsors it might serve us well to be very careful.
For me, i take a dim view of Sam Thaiday as i recall the toilet sex incident (with K Hunt and Darius) . Biters like Graham (Dog Act) and Squirrel Grippers like Sam Burgess are best left to sign elsewhere.

How we find the next generation of tough props (Douglas, Petro, and Bull types) is up to our recruiters to earn their salary.

We might miss Birdy and Nate but it could be an opportunity to rebuild a squeaky clean image.

Whilst I am on my soap box, i also believe that Paul Carter must serve a minimum twelve months penance, and that Russell Packer and Danny Wicks should never be allowed to be re-registered.

teke
01-05-15, 05:25 PM
Signings (and re-signings) to date seem to be following a pattern of "no d1ckhead" policy. Now that we have a chance of attracting sponsors it might serve us well to be very careful.
For me, i take a dim view of Sam Thaiday as i recall the toilet sex incident (with K Hunt and Darius) . Biters like Graham (Dog Act) and Squirrel Grippers like Sam Burgess are best left to sign elsewhere.

How we find the next generation of tough props (Douglas, Petro, and Bull types) is up to our recruiters to earn their salary.

We might miss Birdy and Nate but it could be an opportunity to rebuild a squeaky clean image.

Whilst I am on my soap box, i also believe that Paul Carter must serve a minimum twelve months penance, and that Russell Packer and Danny Wicks should never be allowed to be re-registered.James Roberts?

TitansFan92
01-05-15, 05:45 PM
James Roberts?

We will give him a pass as long as he doesn't screw up here. Which speaking with him he has really turned his life around and is keen to stay that way.

Geeman
01-05-15, 05:50 PM
Spot on and as I have said previously I think Lussick is a cheap shot merchant who I don't think fits here. I would have liked the club to start the no d1ckhead policy and that rules Lussick out.
But based on the rumours it seems I will have to get to like him, again.

I'm with you on this one MT, I have also made no secret of my thoughts on Lussick, and I don't think he is right for this team.

gotitans101_
01-05-15, 07:38 PM

an absolute joke that we're even thinking of getting rid of Myles for Lussick @ 450K.

TitansFan92
01-05-15, 08:30 PM
an absolute joke that we're even thinking of getting rid of Myles for Lussick @ 450K.

Myles is asking for more then 450k per season.

mdrew
01-05-15, 08:41 PM

That is a big ask, yes he is an origin player and Australian player but he is closer to the end of his career than the beginning not a simple decision either way

Mexican titan
01-05-15, 09:13 PM

It's a tough one. I reckon Myles is worth around $450-500k but would only pay that for the next two years. By the third year he will be getting on and would want to drop his salary a bit (Manly went through the same crap with Watmough, who left because Manly wouldn't give him a third year as they thought he would be past it).
Lussick is not worth anything near $450k and never will be. I keep hearing Thaiday (mainly from Gordy Tallis) will be forced out of Brisbane and I reckon we would get him unders as he would want to stay in the south east. As a replacement for Myles I reckon he would be ok for a year or two and see what is around after that. I know plenty wouldn't want Thaiday but I think he has gone ok this year. Of course he might want crazy money but maybe not if the alternatives were play here or move house.

JunctionBlock
01-05-15, 10:25 PM
I think the Broncos will retain Thaiday. They've stated a few times now contrary to what Tallis is saying. From memory they were going to try and retain two of either Kahu, Thaiday or Glenn.

Titan4Life
01-05-15, 10:31 PM
Latest rumours are that Vidot will most likely end up here and Moley says it is a '66.3% chance of happening.' Wouldn't be a bad buy and would be good for depth + versatility.

Lurker said that Thaiday was upset with the way Brisbane are treating him and he may end up here. However, we all know the lurker most likely makes stuff up and I can't see Broncos letting him go.

RenegadeGC
01-05-15, 11:08 PM
I think the Broncos will retain Thaiday. They've stated a few times now contrary to what Tallis is saying. From memory they were going to try and retain two of either Kahu, Thaiday or Glenn.

Well if they go with Thaiday I have a decent source that says Glenn is set to re-sign with the Broncs. Which would mean Kahu is on the out.

But who knows. Lol all these whispers and rumors tend to be hear say a lot of the time.

Jimbojones
02-05-15, 01:50 AM
I'd rather see all three stay but who would you like to see if they go?

If Myles goes:
Darcy Lussick
Sam Tagatese
David Shillington

If birdy goes:
Kade Snowden
Sammy Thaiday
Alex Glen

If Zillman if sent packing:
Alex Johnston
David Williams
Michael Gordon

Brock O'Brien
02-05-15, 08:22 AM
I'd rather see all three stay but who would you like to see if they go?

If Myles goes:
Darcy Lussick
Sam Tagatese
David Shillington

If birdy goes:
Kade Snowden
Sammy Thaiday
Alex Glen

If Zillman if sent packing:
Alex Johnston
David Williams
Michael Gordon
Basically everyone on this list is too old/ past it.

Mexican titan
02-05-15, 09:46 AM
Latest rumours are that Vidot will most likely end up here and Moley says it is a '66.3% chance of happening.' Wouldn't be a bad buy and would be good for depth + versatility.

Lurker said that Thaiday was upset with the way Brisbane are treating him and he may end up here. However, we all know the lurker most likely makes stuff up and I can't see Broncos letting him go.

Vidot - high maintenance and a waste of space. Recently butchered two tries for the Broncos and you can see why Bennett doesn't want him. He is a winger only and I wouldn't spend any more on wingers as we are good with what we have got.
Thaiday - throws his body into it and seems to be a good bloke who we would get good media out of.

Of the list above only Thaiday, Glenn and Johnson would interest me. Tagatese and Shillington ? lol.

DavidBouveng
02-05-15, 10:32 AM
david williams? oh lawd

JunctionBlock
02-05-15, 10:50 AM
I don't think we are even looking at Johnston. He wants to play fullback. Don't think we will be doing a three man rotation during a game. Canberra and Eels are in the hunt for him and obviously Rabbitohs are keen to keep him.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 11:34 AM
Vidot - high maintenance and a waste of space. Recently butchered two tries for the Broncos and you can see why Bennett doesn't want him. He is a winger only and I wouldn't spend any more on wingers as we are good with what we have got.
Thaiday - throws his body into it and seems to be a good bloke who we would get good media out of.

Of the list above only Thaiday, Glenn and Johnson would interest me. Tagatese and Shillington ? lol.

High maintenance? Please explain further because I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

For me it would be worth getting Vidot as he always plays solid and he is extremely versatile (can play wing, centre, prop). This year he has been quiet but is still averaging 121m a game, 2.5 tackle breaks and 13 runs. He definitely butchered a few in the Dragons game but I also remember Mead blowing a 4 pointer in the Warriors game as well.

Just thinking a back 5 like this would look alright in 2016:
1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Vidot
5. Don

teke
02-05-15, 12:07 PM
High maintenance? Please explain further because I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

For me it would be worth getting Vidot as he always plays solid and he is extremely versatile (can play wing, centre, prop). This year he has been quiet but is still averaging 121m a game, 2.5 tackle breaks and 13 runs. He definitely butchered a few in the Dragons game but I also remember Mead blowing a 4 pointer in the Warriors game as well.

1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Vidot
5. DonWhat in the world are you on?

Vidot prop?
Mead blew a try?

Titanic
02-05-15, 12:08 PM
T4L, I don't mind that back line or Vidot, I just would prefer a younger and maybe even locally grown left centre … I don't know Crampton has done but he seems to be on the outer and as a late starter he is approaching the 'now or never' point in his career.

Thaiday on the right, is just an older and experienced version of James on the left … not something to be laughed at for the right price. Would take Glen then Thaiday if there was a choice.

The only youngish prop I really like is Boyd … we could really do with that style but I like Douglas, Pettybourne and Paasi a lot.

DavidBouveng
02-05-15, 12:28 PM
I could handle vidot as a depth signing, but he would want to be cheap.

big body, hard running, just needs someone to get it through his head with his mistakes.

- - - Updated - - -

What in the world are you on?

Vidot prop?
Mead blew a try?

Vidot has played prop for ispwish or Easts or whoever his Qcup side is. he is pretty big fella.

and Meady in creating a great chance against warriors in his long range effort, only had to dribble any kind of contact of a kick inside and Don goes under the posts. not prepared to say he butchered it, as he made the chance from nothing and deserved to try and finish it off...but there was a chance to score still inside.

also on that one, once the guy at the start of his run grabbed his shorts, he never got back to full speed and the FB was flying across the whole way.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 12:33 PM
What in the world are you on?

Vidot prop?
Mead blew a try?

DB answered it well.

- - - Updated - - -

T4L, I don't ind that back line or Vidot, I just would prefer a younger and maybe even locally grown left centre … I don't Crampton hasn't done but he seems to be on the outer and as a late starter he is approaching the 'now or never' point in his career.

Thaiday on the right, is just an older and experienced version of James on the left … not something to be laughed at for the right price. Would take Glen then Thaiday if there was a choice.

The only youngish prop I really like is Boyd … we could really do with that style but I like Douglas, Pettybourne and Paasi a lot.

I definitely see what you mean and I think Crampton should get a run this year. Hopefully King puts him in soon but I can't see it happening unless there are injuries to our centres or we give him a run off the bench as a utility.

teke
02-05-15, 01:20 PM
DB answered it well.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely see what you mean and I think Crampton should get a run this year. Hopefully King puts him in soon but I can't see it happening unless there are injuries to our centres or we give him a run off the bench as a utility.Vidot is big therefore can play prop lolol.

Saying Mead butchered that try is ridiculous, most ppl woulda said nice 110 plus metre run.

gotitans101_
02-05-15, 01:28 PM
Michael Gordon would be a good candidate, can play FB, centre and wing, also kicks goals. Although he's getting older he's definitely not past it. He is a solid player.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 01:43 PM
Vidot is big therefore can play prop lolol.

Saying Mead butchered that try is ridiculous, most ppl woulda said nice 110 plus metre run.

No Vidot can play prop because he has played prop and yes he does have size. Regardless, he plays wing or centre as well which is what we are looking for. I'm not saying he is a crucial buy but he would be a handy pickup.

I do say that he butchered that try last weekend. We had a shot at scoring if he came back in and took the tackle. Was never going to get there.

JunctionBlock
02-05-15, 01:53 PM
Vidot is big therefore can play prop lolol.

Then got taken out and it was a turnover. Great run but cost the team a certain 6 pointer if he had of stepped in. I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

teke
02-05-15, 02:32 PM
Then got taken out and it was a turnover. Great run but cost the team a certain 6 pointer if he had of stepped in. I think someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.No mate, been reading that peanuts posts for too long, he does my head in

Hail Sezer
02-05-15, 04:13 PM
No to Vidot. Target a young centre who we can build around for atleast 3 years. Vidot is a stop-gap which is what we had been doing for the past few years (i.e Taka, Blair).

We need to target a team that has a strong starting centre pair and thus young talent being held back. With this in mind, we should IMO be going after players like:

Robert Jennings, Waqa Blake, Solomone Kata, Ngani etc etc

Yes they would need to seek a release, but who wouldn't to be a starting centre in an NRL side on the rise who has recently recruited DCE?

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of breaking contracts and if we have to wait a year then so be it, but this is the type of player we should be targeting IMO.

Titanic
02-05-15, 04:13 PM
The coach didn't say so when asked … I agree with you though it was a 50/50 call and he had the ball.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 04:29 PM
No to Vidot. Target a young centre who we can build around for atleast 3 years. Vidot is a stop-gap which is what we had been doing for the past few years (i.e Taka, Blair).

We need to target a team that has a strong starting centre pair and thus young talent being held back. With this in mind, we should IMO be going after players like:

Robert Jennings, Waqa Blake, Solomone Kata, Ngani etc etc

Yes they would need to seek a release, but who wouldn't to be a starting centre in an NRL side on the rise who has recently recruited DCE?

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of breaking contracts and if we have to wait a year then so be it, but this is the type of player we should be targeting IMO.

Definitely agree that we should go after Robert Jennings as an option. Good young player with plenty of strength. Plus he'll never make the starting side for Penrith with the outside backs depth they have unless there are mass injuries (like they have been having the last few weeks). Another positive is that he is off contract at the end of this year so no need to break any contracts.

TitansFan92
02-05-15, 06:23 PM
No mate, been reading that peanuts posts for too long, he does my head in

Do you need a hug mate. I know its hard being a Manly supporter atm but there is no need to be calling other forum members names.

Mexican titan
02-05-15, 07:43 PM

1. Hoffman
2. Mead
3. Roberts
4. Vidot
5. Don

Just Google his name and read Wiki and you'll see. I assume he was put at prop to get him involved - not because of his size but because he is a bludger. No need to waste money on the likes of him.
I think Bennett is almost past it as a coach but when he wants to cut a bloke due to errors I think we should take notice.

teke
02-05-15, 07:47 PM
Do you need a hug mate. I know its hard being a Manly supporter atm but there is no need to be calling other forum members names.....here's the other one

JunctionBlock
02-05-15, 07:49 PM
TitansFan92 have we or are we looking at extending Pettybournes contract?

For the record, I'm not a Vidot fan. Money can be better spent.

TITAN PETE
02-05-15, 08:11 PM
If Vidot wants to come here for a Mars Bar & half a can of coke then I'm happy to sign him ,Tweed are always looking for extra players.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 08:20 PM
Just Google his name and read Wiki and you'll see. I assume he was put at prop to get him involved - not because of his size but because he is a bludger. No need to waste money on the likes of him.
I think Bennett is almost past it as a coach but when he wants to cut a bloke due to errors I think we should take notice.

Fair enough and I see your point but you think he is a bludger? He is averaging 13 runs a game and 121m which is far from lazy in my eyes. Also, he is not full of errors and has only made 2 errors this year. Heard Bennett wants to get rid of him because he is a bad trainer. However, that is not much of a problem because we have one of the league's best trainers and he is ****house.

Definitely think there are better options e.g Robert Jennings but I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. Guess we leave it up to King Henry to make the decision as he has been making all the right ones lately.

Hail Sezer
02-05-15, 08:26 PM
Fair enough and I see your point but you think he is a bludger? He is averaging 13 runs a game and 121m which is far from lazy in my eyes. Also, he is not full of errors and has only made 2 errors this year. Heard Bennett wants to get rid of him because he is a bad trainer. However, that is not much of a problem because we have one of the league's best trainers and he is ****house.

Definitely think there are better options e.g Robert Jennings but I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. Guess we leave it up to King Henry to make the decision as he has been making all the right ones lately.

Its a shame defensive errors aren't recorded in stats

Furthermore those 2 errors were awful. 1 actually gifted us a walk-over try

How many NRL games has he even played this year?

JunctionBlock
02-05-15, 08:30 PM
Vidot's playing for Samoa now, on the wing. I think Mars Bars are on special this week at Coles. He just scored a try.

I watched the Junior Kangas and Kiwis down at CBUS tonight. That Ashley Taylor is a fantastic player as was Drew Hutchinson. Tried to keep an eye on Joe Ofahengaue but he played limited minutes, especially in the second half when he was dropped on his head.

Mexican titan
02-05-15, 08:31 PM

Well you are sitting on the fence pretty well there mate, and I won't bag you for that as I have done a bit of that of late. Whatever you say though, Vidot was not put in the forwards as they thought that he was going to be a great prop. Generally I am very happy that we have signed Elgey and the other signings are a bit so so and like you I am happy to trust the coaching staff to make the right calls.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 08:35 PM
Well you are sitting on the fence pretty well there mate, and I won't bag you for that as I have done a bit of that of late. Whatever you say though, Vidot was not put in the forwards as they thought that he was going to be a great prop. Generally I am very happy that we have signed Elgey and the other signings are a bit so so and like you I am happy to trust the coaching staff to make the right calls.

Like I said, I'm not worried either way but I wouldn't be upset if we signed him. The club has made some good decisions lately with the signing of DCE and the re-signing of Elgey so it's up to King and the team to build the roster they see as being competitive.

Hail Sezer
02-05-15, 08:52 PM
Vidot's playing for Samoa now, on the wing. I think Mars Bars are on special this week at Coles. He just scored a try.

I watched the Junior Kangas and Kiwis down at CBUS tonight. That Ashley Taylor is a fantastic player as was Drew Hutchinson. Tried to keep an eye on Joe Ofahengaue but he played limited minutes, especially in the second half when he was dropped on his head.

I thought Taylor was underwhelming and Hutchison was horrible today but I know he's better than that.

Players that impressed me were Sipley & Nelson Solomona from Kiwis, Te Maire Martin ran strong too but is too small at this stage for NRL. Won't have that much space in NRL either

Aus players that impressed me were Ofa, Moeroa, Jordan Drew, Hastings. Holmes had some freak touches too as expected

In hindsight Taylor made some exceptional defensive chase-downs. Just didn't control the game like I would have thought

JunctionBlock
02-05-15, 09:12 PM
I quite often have differing opinions when I watch a game live rather than on TV but Taylor chasing down the winger was awesome. Had the stadium on it's feet. I just had the opinion that Hutchison had a hand in most of what went right for the Kangraoos. My expectations for the NRL players was higher than that for the others so when Holmes missed that easy defensive tackle after Taylors effort that was very disappointing.

TitansFan92
02-05-15, 09:19 PM
....here's the other one

Don't know whats got your knickers in a twist but lets get back on subject. If the club signs Vidot it would have to be cheap. No more then 150k a season imo.

The club has spoken to Pettybourne and his manager a few times. They are working on a suitable contract to keep him at the club for a couple more seasons.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 09:22 PM
Don't know whats got your knickers in a twist but lets get back on subject. If the club signs Vidot it would have to be cheap. No more then 150k a season imo.

Obviously teke is having a bad day or just upset at the fact no one wants to sign with Manly.

Totally agree re Vidot. Wouldn't be paying overs for him.

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 09:24 PM
The club has spoken to Pettybourne and his manager a few times. They are working on a suitable contract to keep him at the club for a couple more seasons.

That's great news. Hopefully the club can work out a new deal as Pettybourne has been one of our strongest. He and Paasi must be re-signed along with Roberts of course.

gotitans101_
02-05-15, 10:08 PM
I don't understand how you can compare the two though, how can you call the try saving tackle on Mead an error on his part? Lolo simply caught him in the end - not much he could do about it...yet you're comparing that to Vidot's simple drop ball errors?

Titan4Life
02-05-15, 10:19 PM
I don't understand how you can compare the two though, how can you call the try saving tackle on Mead an error on his part? Lolo simply caught him in the end - not much he could do about it...yet you're comparing that to Vidot's simple drop ball errors.

Not blaming Meady as he probably deserved a try for the effort but he could have easily cut back in and taken the tackle. We would have had a set on their line but instead it was a turnover.

gotitans101_
02-05-15, 10:23 PM
i guess that's one way of looking at it...the way I saw it though he was heading toward the corner to try and widen the space between him and lolo, sadly lolo caught him in the end. Vidot's were 2 plays that didn't require any decision making, just two dumb drop balls, it's unfortunate he has that in his game or clubs would be all over him. He eats up huge metres.

Titan4Life
04-05-15, 06:45 AM
TITANS YOUNG KIWI
Written by THE MOLE, May 4, 2015

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Titans_Team_Post-960x536.jpg

The Titans are chasing Warriors back-rower Marata Niukore, one of the best forwards on the field in Saturday’s Trans Tasman Junior Test.

Niukore was impressive for the Junior Kiwis and would look good running off Daly Cherry-Evans next season.

The hard-running Niukore began his Holden Cup career in the centres last season but has made a successful transition to the back row and is a fine hole hitter wide out with plenty of pace.

FROM 'THE MOLE'S MONDAY SCOOPS': http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-40/

- - - Updated - - -

Some highlights I found on YouTube - <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HkOAv6H7CwY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titanic
04-05-15, 02:12 PM
Myles shot himself in the foot with his Sunday's pop-gun performance … pay cut coming right up and Bird wasn't much better … bring on the young blokes.

Hail Sezer
04-05-15, 02:21 PM
Asked my mate who is a Warriors enthusiast about Niukore. Said he has been playing centre for them in NYC but will be a back rower long term. Fair bit of potential there he reckons and still has another year of 20's in 2016, despite trialling with NRL this year (against us actually). Interesting to see how it plays out

karnage
04-05-15, 02:46 PM
Hi guys.

Is anyone familiar with what GREG BIRD's contract situation for 2016 is?? I have been operating under the impression that he would be gone next year but I am hearing today that the option for 2016 is in his favor. What's the story??

DavidBouveng
04-05-15, 04:58 PM
i thought he was with us unless he found someone who would take last year of hsi contract, and that we were ok with letting it happen.

he is contracted with us im almost certain.

karnage
04-05-15, 05:30 PM
OK. This is exactly what I heard today...

TITAN PETE
04-05-15, 09:02 PM
Hi guys.

Is anyone familiar with what GREG BIRD's contract situation for 2016 is?? I have been operating under the impression that he would be gone next year but I am hearing today that the option for 2016 is in his favor. What's the story??

i thought he was with us unless he found someone who would take last year of hsi contract, and that we were ok with letting it happen.

he is contracted with us im almost certain.

OK. This is exactly what I heard today...

That's all true but if he's found guilty about the drug charges he won't finish this season , #notwantedin16

TitansFan92
04-05-15, 10:10 PM
....here's the other one

That's all true but if he's found guilty about the drug charges he won't finish this season , #notwantedin16

Friday either way will be a good day for the club. We will find out what "real" evidence they have on the players. It will be the day we decided what to do with all players involved.

teke
04-05-15, 11:35 PM
Friday either way will be a good day for the club. We will find out what "real" evidence they have on the players. It will be the day we decided what to do with all players involved.really looking forward to it

Hail Sezer
05-05-15, 06:39 AM
Young Titans prop Agnatius Paasi ready for contract upgrade

TOM BOSWELL GOLD COAST BULLETIN MAY 05, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/05/04/1227335/202077-7ebc576c-f200-11e4-a9bd-736e849f6194.jpg

GOLD Coast Titans prop Agnatius Paasi is poised to earn a two-year contract extension amid uncertainty around the future of captain Nate Myles.

The former New Zealand Warrior has come to life at the Titans since joining the club at the start of the year and his career-best form is set to be rewarded.

Paasi’s manager Simon Mamm*ino said the club was interested in extending Paasi’s current deal and he would meet the Titans this week.

“Agnatius is really happy and the work being done by the Titans is *really positive,” Mamm*ino said.

“What they are doing at the club makes them a real option for any footballer.”

A new deal would cap off a huge few months for Paasi who was *initially offered a trial contract with the Titans after failing to earn one with the Warriors last year.

The Tongan-born forward’s attitude and form led to the club upgrad*ing him to a full-time NRL contract while the Federal Government also granted him a 12-month sporting visa.

The Keebra Park State High School graduate won the 2009 *Arrive Alive Cup with Keebra and the 2011 under-20 title with the Warriors before making his NRL debut with the club in 2014.

But the 106kg machine was forced to look elsewhere after the Warriors did not offer him a full-time deal.

Paasi, 23, made the tough decision to try his luck at the Titans while *partner Chloe and three-year-old son Manatoa remained in New *Zealand.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/young-titans-prop-agnatius-paasi-ready-for-contract-upgrade/story-fnj94ixl-1227335194439

- - - Updated - - -

Well earned by Iggy and I'm glad to see he will be receiving a well deserved extension. He deserves a spot in our 17 each week IMO.

JunctionBlock
05-05-15, 08:11 PM
No Darcy Lussick named for the Eels this weekend and I haven't seen him on any injury lists. On the outers, dropped on form or signed his death warrant when he looked at signing with us?

K2G
05-05-15, 11:33 PM
Manly Sea Eagles ramp up pursuit of Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick
DEAN RITCHIE THE DAILY TELEGRAPH (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-ramp-up-pursuit-of-nate-myles-and-darcy-lussick/story-fnp0lyn3-1227337804384) MAY 06, 2015 12:00AM

MANLY have ramped up their pursuit of Nate Myles and Darcy Lussick — both close friends of Daly Cherry-Evans — as the NRL’s round 13 signing deadline continues to wreak havoc.

As revealed in The Daily Telegraph on Monday, the Sea Eagles are doing everything they can to convince Cherry-Evans to stay before his 2016 contract with the Gold Coast can be officially ratified next month.

Australian representative forward Myles looks likely to leave the Titans at season’s end, with Manly heavily courting him.

Meanwhile Eels prop Lussick, who played at the Sea Eagles in 2011-12, is expected to rejoin his former club.

Manly’s chances of keeping Cherry-Evans would increase significantly should the club sign the pair.

But securing Myles’ signature could hinge on whether Cherry-Evans stays on the northern beaches. But for that to happen the Titans prop would have to commit to the Sea Eagles before round 13.

Given the heavy scrutiny placed on Cherry-Evans last month when it was revealed Manly were still desperate to keep their off-contract star, if he was considering staying he’s unlikely to do so without Myles being signed, sealed and delivered.

The NRL’s round 13 cooling-off rule is again causing sleepless nights on both sides of the border.

Frustrated Sea Eagles fans were left distraught when they lost both star halves, Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

Now they potentially face a nervous five-week wait to see whether they can land Myles for their under-fire forward pack, and whether he and Lussick could be enough to convince Cherry-Evans to stay.

Cherry-Evans has signed a multi-million dollar contract with Gold Coast and, for weeks, has claimed “nothing has changed” regarding his future.

Parramatta are resigned to losing Lussick, while the Gold Coast haven’t officially been told whether Myles will leave or stay.

“Nate is our captain and he’s given great service to this club,” said Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley.

“The coach (Neil Henry) has previously indicated he would like keep Nate to stay but at this stage no deal has been finalised.”

Gold Coast are adamant Cherry-Evans will honour his year deal while Penrith have also been heavily linked with Myles.

Just recently, Myles said: “In my heart, I want to stay at the Titans, but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t look like it will be that way.

“It feels like they are trying to pick their side as if it’s a fantasy league, where you can get players at a low value and you then turn them into really genuine first graders.

“In some cases they definitely will, but it doesn’t happen every time.”

Reports out of Queensland suggest Myles could face a pay cut of up to $200,000 to stay at Robina.

Manly desperately need a hard head in their forward pack — and Myles is just that. He is a tough, unrelenting warhorse who could give Manly some necessary starch.

And he could also help persuade DCE to remain a Sea Eagle.

Myles is though getting old and he has battered his body over the years. He turns 30 in June.

Titanic
06-05-15, 01:44 AM
Fark this sh1t … I am currently in DC and after going through the Baltimore riots the last thing I want to read is anymore about these tools.

teke
06-05-15, 03:09 AM
Fark this sh1t … I am currently in DC and after going through the Baltimore riots the last thing I want to read is anymore about these tools.Trust me, as a Manly fan i dont wanna be reading this sh*t either

Toads
06-05-15, 06:52 AM
I guess the The Daily Telegraph need some crap to stuff in their paper to fill it.. Be on par like the crap they stuff in Show Bags as a filler, so the punter doesn't come around too soon that they've been ripped off.. A bag of Fairy Floss anyone? :p

Only thing that matters now, is where it all stands come Round 13. And not some tripe that journo's can come up with in the meantime.

JunctionBlock
06-05-15, 07:17 AM
No wonder Myles doesn't feel wanted. He's not getting a payrise at the Titans and Manly only want him to persuade DCE to stay otherwise they don't sound interested. Lussick is interesting, sounds like they are doing everything they can to screw the Titans over. Wonder why they don't feel the same way about Parra?

TitansFan92
06-05-15, 08:13 AM
Far out when are the papers going to give this **** up. Round 13 can't come soon enough. I can tell you now that a physical contract has been signed by DCE the Round 13 rule will not hold up in a court of law. So all I can say is try Manly because you won't win this one.

Mexican titan
06-05-15, 08:36 AM
No wonder Myles doesn't feel wanted. He's not getting a payrise at the Titans and Manly only want him to persuade DCE to stay otherwise they don't sound interested. Lussick is interesting, sounds like they are doing everything they can to screw the Titans over. Wonder why they don't feel the same way about Parra?

You can be sure that Manly do feel the same way about Parra. Seems more like to me that Parra have realised that Lussick is poor disciplined and a liability so are happy to let him go.

TITAN PETE
06-05-15, 09:12 AM
The plus side of this article is Lussick staying in Sydney :thumbsup:

Yankee Doodle Titan
06-05-15, 12:30 PM
I can tell you now that a physical contract has been signed by DCE the Round 13 rule will not hold up in a court of law.

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't there be some sort of proviso in the contract to the effect that NRL rules, stipulations, etc., take precedence? Or at the very least some sort of clause stating everything in the contract becomes null and void in the event that the NRL doesn't register it? Thus the round 13 cooling off period would apply even if a physical contract has been signed? Sorry if this is a naive question.

Mexican titan
06-05-15, 02:26 PM
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't there be some sort of proviso in the contract to the effect that NRL rules, stipulations, etc., take precedence? Or at the very least some sort of clause stating everything in the contract becomes null and void in the event that the NRL doesn't register it? Thus the round 13 cooling off period would apply even if a physical contract has been signed? Sorry if this is a naive question.

Probably not a naïve question at all and I was wondering also about where everything stands until the round 13 deadline has passed. The other factor is what if the player then decides he doesn't want to come - do you force a bloke to a club that he might not want to play for. As we know contracts mean nothing these days but the quicker round 13 comes the better, and even then until I see him at the first week of training in November, nothing is guaranteed. The way of the world unfortunately.
Fortunately I do think DCE is a man of his word and he seems a man of morals.

TitansFan92
06-05-15, 05:25 PM

Probably not a naïve question at all and I was wondering also about where everything stands until the round 13 deadline has passed. The other factor is what if the player then decides he doesn't want to come - do you force a bloke to a club that he might not want to play for. As we know contracts mean nothing these days but the quicker round 13 comes the better, and even then until I see him at the first week of training in November, nothing is guaranteed. The way of the world unfortunately.
Fortunately I do think DCE is a man of his word and he seems a man of morals.

This is coming straight from a solicitor not myself in regards to the Round 13 rule. Once a player signs a contract they are in the eyes of the law an employee of that club from the start date. Any break in that contract via the Round 13 rule would be regarded in the eyes of the law as a breach of contract. The round 13 rule is not a law in Australia and therefore is not a valid defense in a court of law if a club take the case to court. The cooling off period for any employment contract is 72hrs. So the NRL is just opening the door for legal action with the Round 13 rule.

So if DCE was to backflip which imo he won't the club has the option to take him and Manly to court and seek damages for breach of contract.

Mexican titan
06-05-15, 05:51 PM
This is coming straight from a solicitor not myself in regards to the Round 13 rule. Once a player signs a contract they are in the eyes of the law an employee of that club from the start date. Any break in that contract via the Round 13 rule would be regarded in the eyes of the law as a breach of contract. The round 13 rule is not a law in Australia and therefore is not a valid defense in a court of law if a club take the case to court. The cooling off period for any employment contract is 72hrs. So the NRL is just opening the door for legal action with the Round 13 rule.

So if DCE was to backflip which imo he won't the club has the option to take him and Manly to court and seek damages for breach of contract.

Thanks for the additional info TF92. I guess it begs the question about why clubs don't move quickly to get contracts done regardless of the round 13 rule. In the last few years 3 or 4 players have done the backflip well after 72 hours and the losing club has just copped it. I assume that in these cases there was nothing signed and you wonder why based on your advice.

TitansFan92
06-05-15, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the additional info TF92. I guess it begs the question about why clubs don't move quickly to get contracts done regardless of the round 13 rule. In the last few years 3 or 4 players have done the backflip well after 72 hours and the losing club has just copped it. I assume that in these cases there was nothing signed and you wonder why based on your advice.

I think the more pressing question is why have the rule if it has the possibility to give the NRL a bad name

teke
06-05-15, 06:01 PM
K

So if DCE was to backflip which imo he won't the club has the option to take him and Manly to court and seek damages for breach of contract.what happens if he also signs a contract with Manly and back dates it earlier?

TitansFan92
06-05-15, 06:23 PM
Kwhat happens if he also signs a contract with Manly and back dates it earlier?

Although backdating is generally permissible under the common law, a court will not give effect to backdating where the parties backdated the contract to mislead a third party.

That would essentially be what Manly would be doing. Misleading the Titans and NRL into believing a contract was signed prior to the one signed to the Titans.

Any more questions Teke???

teke
06-05-15, 06:52 PM
Although backdating is generally permissible under the common law, a court will not give effect to backdating where the parties backdated the contract to mislead a third party.

That would essentially be what Manly would be doing. Misleading the Titans and NRL into believing a contract was signed prior to the one signed to the Titans.

Any more questions Teke???Is that what a solicitor told u in a fast response or are u guessing?

Yeah I got another Q - how would u know if he back dated or not?

Mexican titan
06-05-15, 07:30 PM
Is that what a solicitor told u in a fast response or are u guessing?

That is probably not the issue. If a bloke signs two contracts he is obviously in the wrong no matter what the date is. This has also been played out so thoroughly in the press it is obvious he committed to the Titans and that Manlys efforts are after the fact.

teke
06-05-15, 07:47 PM
That is probably not the issue. If a bloke signs two contracts he is obviously in the wrong no matter what the date is. This has also been played out so thoroughly in the press it is obvious he committed to the Titans and that Manlys efforts are after the fact.Forgive me if I'm wrong he could sign 3 or 4 contracts before the cutoff date, ask the NRL to process the one he wants them a **** fight ensues!?

JunctionBlock
06-05-15, 07:50 PM
What if aliens came to the Earth, cloned DCE and he could fulfil the three or four contracts. Would there be an argument over who got the original?

Hail Sezer
06-05-15, 07:57 PM
What if aliens came to the Earth, cloned DCE and he could fulfil the three or four contracts. Would there be an argument over who got the original?

I too am wondering this so if this question could be prioritised then that would be great

TITAN PETE
06-05-15, 08:00 PM

Is that you Cartman ??

TitansFan92
06-05-15, 08:01 PM
Is that what a solicitor told u in a fast response or are u guessing?

No not guessing. I do know a little bit about contract law and backdating contracts as i have done it with in my business before. The more complex stuff I leave to my legal team.

As for your question even though the contract is backdated the date when the contract is signed is also on there and if a club is stupid enough to fraudulently put false information then that is punishable by a minimum of 3 years imprisonment. Can I help you with anything else Teke?

teke
06-05-15, 08:10 PM
No not guessing. I do know a little bit about contract law and backdating contracts as i have done it with in my business before. The more complex stuff I leave to my legal team.

As for your question even though the contract is backdated the date when the contract is signed is also on there and if a club is stupid enough to fraudulently put false information then that is punishable by a minimum of 3 years imprisonment. Can I help you with anything else Teke?yeah I got one more question - have u told Manly all of this? It seems they arnt as clued up as you

TitansFan92
06-05-15, 08:24 PM
yeah I got one more question - have u told Manly all of this? It seems they arnt as clued up as you

Why would I help Manly???? All clubs would know this information and if they don't well all the more fool them. I think this will be the end of this because you are obviously trying to get a bite from me but I will be the bigger person and leave it alone. Why don't you go back to the Manly forum your negativity would fit in real well there.

Bayside Titan
07-05-15, 12:42 PM
So with the DCE circus back In town just thought I would pose the following thought/question.

I used to work in an industry that relied on risk mitigation. So if DCE was to backflip and stay who would you like to see partner LG ?
For me maybe Jamal Fogarty, Mose Mybe as just thoughts.

TITAN PETE
07-05-15, 12:45 PM
So with the DCE circus back In town just thought I would pose the following thought/question.

I used to work in an industry that relied on risk mitigation. So if DCE was to backflip and stay who would you like to see partner LG ?

It's a no contest...Zillman for sure :eyebrows:

Mexican titan
07-05-15, 12:51 PM

I work in an industry where I worry about tomorrow's problems tomorrow. I am convinced he is coming so I am not going to consider options. I also pray a lot.

NSW Titan
07-05-15, 07:39 PM

For me maybe Jamal Fogarty, Mose Mybe as just thoughts. Christian Hazard

K2G
07-05-15, 08:15 PM
Christian Hazard

I like Hazard, but having SUCH an inexperienced halves partnership and hooker is a very risky proposition. I'd love to see us chase Moses Mbye should the DCE deal fall through.

I'm also wondering, should we be without DCE, Myles and Bird in 2016 ... who captains, and who kicks goals?

JunctionBlock
07-05-15, 08:34 PM
I like Hazard, but having SUCH an inexperienced halves partnership and hooker is a very risky proposition. I'd love to see us chase Moses Mbye should the DCE deal fall through.

I'm also wondering, should we be without DCE, Myles and Bird in 2016 ... who captains, and who kicks goals?

Elgey kicks and Zillman captains. Don't shoot the messenger.

K2G
07-05-15, 08:54 PM
Elgey kicks and Zillman captains. Don't shoot the messenger.

Unfortunately, I was thinking the same on both counts JB.

Elgey probably is the best goal kicker in the team behind sezer atm, but do we want to add more pressure on the kid, who in this 'darkest time-line' will probably be chief play-maker?

And outside of zillman (:drinkies:), I'm not sure who the existing candidates for captaincy are in the squad.. Meady if he was fb, Ryan James if he keeps maturing?

Let's hope DCE is a man of his word!

toddythetitan
07-05-15, 09:00 PM
Luke douglas for captain?

Titan4Life
07-05-15, 09:04 PM

He's definitely my pick for captain. Puts in 100% every week and has further improved his game this year. Would be a great leader.

K2G
07-05-15, 09:11 PM

You're 100% right. Completely forgot about him, but he would make a very good captain :salute:

Hail Sezer
07-05-15, 09:16 PM
Honestly if DCE renegs then so be it, give Hazard/Fogs/Lawton the chance to battle it out for the other jersey next year. Save our coin.

Although in all honesty I don't see him pulling out of his deal despite the pressure from Sydney media and Manly

DavidBouveng
07-05-15, 09:21 PM
they are just going through the phone book... thinking who can we ask today for a quote.

Journo: 'Beaver, what do you think about DCE, would you like him to stay?'
Beaver: 'yeah id love for Daly to lead us next year'

headline: BEAVER DEMANDS DCE TO BREAK CONTRACT!

teke
07-05-15, 09:46 PM

For me maybe Jamal Fogarty, Mose Mybe as just thoughts.Id try and keep Sezer (atm im liking what he's doing).

He said he'd never go back on his word but im sure he likes money too

Bayside Titan
07-05-15, 10:05 PM
Id try and keep Sezer (atm im liking what he's doing).

He said he'd never go back on his word but im sure he likes money too

My thoughts to. But Sezer does seem like a bloke of his word.

Like to see the local young guys get a start of DCE does pull out.

I guess one comfort I have is that we have retained LG so if DCE does pull out we seem to have a good half in LG.

Bayside Titan
07-05-15, 10:16 PM
I say this as a dream but if we don't get DCE use that money and make a major play for Folau. See if the NRL can help prop it up in some way. It would solve the other centre problem we have.

gotitans101_
07-05-15, 11:41 PM
I heard Sezer (or his Mrs, can't remember which) has family in Canberra which is what made it easier to accept their deal (along with the $$ of course). If true I doubt we'd ever convince him to stay.

Bayside Titan
08-05-15, 09:41 AM
Hey Pete could we see Nathan Friend back here next year for a swan song now that the Warriors have signed Luke. ??? Love to see him and Mossley in tandem.

Mexican titan
08-05-15, 11:32 AM
Hey Pete could we see Nathan Friend back here next year for a swan song now that the Warriors have signed Luke. ??? Love to see him and Mossley in tandem.

Nothing against Nathan but I think we have moved on, even though I hated it when he left. I don't support hooker rotation unless there is no other option and would rather a utility on the bench if the starting hooker can't last 80 minutes. More importantly the warriors haven't been starting him and the fact they are chasing Luke means they think his best days are gone. From what i have seen the last 2 years I agree.

JunctionBlock
08-05-15, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a good kid. Especially if his parents are happy for him to stay at home....

Article of Joe Ofanrjadmnadsfkje

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-are-only-threat-to-lure-joe-ofahengaue-from-the-broncos/story-fniabm4i-1227344059002?from=public_rss

IpswichTitans
08-05-15, 10:28 PM
Went to School with Joe! Great Player!

Hail Sezer
10-05-15, 07:14 AM
Warriors want Myles, we want Brad Abbey

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/new-zealand-warriors-target-gold-coast-titans-and-kangaroos-forward-nate-myles-as-spending-spree-continues-20150509-ggxtv1.html

- - - Updated - - -

New Zealand Warriors target Gold Coast Titans and Kangaroos forward Nate Myles as spending spree continues
Date
May 9, 2015 - 10:00PM

Adrian Proszenko

The New Zealand Warriors' spending spree is far from over as the club makes an audacious bid to recruit Kangaroos forward Nate Myles.

The Warriors are building towards one of the strongest NRL rosters for 2016 after signing Kiwi internationals Issac Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Not content with having three-quarters of the New Zealand Test spine, the club is also looking to further strengthen a back row, which already consists of Kiwi captain Simon Mannering and NSW veteran Ryan Hoffman.

Several clubs, including incumbent club Gold Coast and Penrith, are in the mix to sign Myles, who is off contract at the end of the season. The Queensland representative's most likely destination is Manly, as he has a three-year deal on the table worth approximately $1.5 million.

The Titans want to retain him but don't want to trigger an option in their favour because they feel they would be paying overs for a veteran in the back end of his career. Instead, they have tabled a $350,000 per season offer, which will all but guarantee Myles will be on the move.

While the Sea Eagles are hopeful of getting the deal done this week, the Warriors are a dark horse after coming in with a late and lucrative offer of their own. The trans-Tasman outfit has made it clear they are after another representative back rower after missing out on North Queensland's Jason Taumololo and St George Illawarra's Trent Merrin.

While Luke and "RTS" are on big money, the release of Sam Tomkins to Wigan on compassionate grounds freed up the best part of a million dollars for next year. Speaking to reporters after pulling off the Luke coup, Warriors chief executive Jim Doyle said the club wasn't ready to put away the chequebook.

"With Sam [leaving], there was no real salary cap change there at all," Doyle said.

"We were after the Kieran Forans and Jason Taumololos of the world, we had money to do that. Obviously now we have Isaac but that still gives us a bit of breathing space and we will look at our roster going forward and make sure we are always in the cap."

While rivals are questioning how the Warriors could continue to splash the cash following the recruitment of Luke and Tuivasa-Sheck, there is still room to accommodate another big name. It's understood the club was about $700,000 under the cap last year and will create further space with the departure of former international prop Sam Rapira to the Super League. Having gained Luke due to his desire to be close to family, Doyle indicated he is likely to grant a release to pivot Chad Townsend, who is being courted by his former club Cronulla, on compassionate grounds.

"Chad has said he wants to go back for family reasons and we're working with his manager and Chad and there's a good possibility that now we've got Issac we wouldn't be going backwards if we lost him, so we'll probably let him go," Doyle said.

There could be other contracted players on the move as well. The arrival of Tuivasa-Sheck has clouded the career path of promising fullback Bradley Abbey, who is being courted by Canterbury, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Penrith. Although he is on the books for 2016, the Warriors would likely grant a request should Abbey seek one.

Complicating issues for Myles is the fact he is great mates with Titans signing Daly Cherry-Evans, who can renege on the deal and remain with Manly until round 13. However, Myles, who is being pursued by both clubs, could be tempted to head across the ditch given the quality of the roster being assembled at the Warriors.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/new-zealand-warriors-target-gold-coast-titans-and-kangaroos-forward-nate-myles-as-spending-spree-continues-20150509-ggxtv1.html

Titanic
10-05-15, 09:14 AM
There could be other contracted players on the move as well. The arrival of Tuivasa-Sheck has clouded the career path of promising fullback Bradley Abbey, who is being courted by Canterbury, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Penrith. Although he is on the books for 2016, the Warriors would likely grant a request should Abbey seek one.
Know nothing about this bloke but gee when will find a decent couple of knuckle-headed forwards and quality left centre … surely Crampton must get a run after yesterday.

Toads
10-05-15, 09:20 AM
Know nothing about this bloke but gee when will find a decent couple of knuckle-headed forwards and quality left centre … surely Crampton must get a run after yesterday.

No No.. We're not to blood Crampton, as that would be a 'Crazy' idea.

Smakked
10-05-15, 02:39 PM
Are we loooking to move Taylor on? Would be good if we did, he is a god player but never shows it unless he wants to.
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/taylor-could-become-super-signing-17390/

Hail Sezer
10-05-15, 02:45 PM

Abbey is the next big thing in the Warriors systems. Played NYC when he was 16 or something outrageous like that. Would be a huge coup if we got him but he's only 18 at the moment, still a young buck.

Agree regarding Crampton. The centres still available on the market aren't fantastic and I don't see any better ones than Crampton running around in reserve grade either.

TITAN PETE
10-05-15, 03:27 PM
Are we loooking to move Taylor on? Would be good if we did, he is a god player but never shows it unless he wants to.
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/taylor-could-become-super-signing-17390/

He takes up 2 seats in the change rooms, 2 seats on a plane trip & a lot of wasted cash in the salary cap...bye bye DT

Toads
10-05-15, 04:56 PM
Someone's opinion from the zerotackle article..

Taylor is over rated lazy and a waste of money to any team he plays for. As Wayne Bennett said he is the only player that Bennett has coached who is only in it for the lifestyle league provides not the love of the game.

Ouch! The thing is, the poster is probably right. Just a bumma he doesn't have more blinders than what he already does. Because when he shines, he can be quite devastating.

Mexican titan
10-05-15, 07:17 PM
Someone's opinion from the zerotackle article..

Ouch! The thing is, the poster is probably right. Just a bumma he doesn't have more blinders than what he already does. Because when he shines, he can be quite devastating.

It is a fall considering most thought that he was our best last year. However when you think about him, he takes a huge chunk of the salary cap with little return. Certainly no consistent return. Putting all the pieces together it seems like the club is getting rid of all the blokes caught up in the Coke matter. Falloon to Souths (according to TF92) Bird flying off somewhere and Taylor being shopped around. The other two are nuffies and easily chopped.
I have no trouble with the club taking that stance.

TitansFan92
10-05-15, 07:29 PM
I know the club isn't going to resign Falloon but not sure where he would go but it would make sense the he went back to where he came from. Apologies if I mislead you in thinking I knew where he was going.

As for Taylor the club has been quietly trying to get rid of him since before the drug crap.

Mexican titan
10-05-15, 07:44 PM
I know the club isn't going to resign Falloon but not sure where he would go but it would make sense the he went back to where he came from. Apologies if I mislead you in thinking I knew where he was going.
As for Taylor the club has been quietly trying to get rid of him since before the drug crap.

Sorry mate my error I think. I thought I had read a post that indicated that's where Falloon was going but maybe not.
Changing tack, I see on LU that Idris looks like leaving Penrith. I hope he comes no where near here. We need a class centre and he isn't one.

TitansFan92
10-05-15, 08:02 PM
Sorry mate my error I think. I thought I had read a post that indicated that's where Falloon was going but maybe not.
Changing tack, I see on LU that Idris looks like leaving Penrith. I hope he comes no where near here. We need a class centre and he isn't one.

Na mate all me. I miss worded what I said about Falloon in another thread. From what I know Idris isn't coming here.

DIEHARD
10-05-15, 08:37 PM
Na mate all me. I miss worded what I said about Falloon in another thread. From what I know Idris isn't coming here.

What's going on with Idris? Is he on the outer or is he looking elsewhere?

TitansFan92
10-05-15, 08:42 PM

Idris plays for the Panthers so I got no idea mate. All I know is the Titans are not looking at signing him.

DavidBouveng
10-05-15, 08:43 PM

i think for the first time...almost EVERY club is starting to get more responsible with how they spend their cap. No more overspending on players just cos they are characters or have big reps.

Idris' Salary would probably be worth Waqa Blake and both Jennings brothers combined or close to it... and teams are beginning to look for ways of spending money on value players who fill roles rather than names.

i think it's a really interesting time in rugby league for roster management.

Mexican titan
10-05-15, 08:50 PM

First I heard about him leaving was on LU a few hours ago. Very hard to work out what is going on but suffice to say he seems to be a complex bloke and very high maintenance. Reading between the lines it seems Penrith have plenty of up and coming backs and don't need Idris at his price and with his "issues". A Tweet from Gould indicated the future is unclear but Jamal is receiving support with his injury blah blah. In other words let us feel good as we tell you to look elsewhere.
He seems a decent yet complex bloke but not the type you really want if you had a choice.

Surfers66
13-05-15, 10:29 AM
If Myles goes we should throw some coin at Grevsmuhl....QLDer too.