18-04-15, 03:34 PM
This has just about worn me out.....almost had enough

TitansFan92
18-04-15, 05:43 PM
DCE 100% still coming to the club nothing has changed

K2G
18-04-15, 05:47 PM
DCE 100% still coming to the club nothing has changed

Did you see the "interview" with him? his words (barely) said 'staying'... everything else screamed 'backflip'

TitansFan92
18-04-15, 05:52 PM
Did you see the "interview" with him? his words (barely) said 'staying'... everything else screamed 'backflip'

I wouldn't call that an interview but he said nothing has changed so I will take him on face value for now.

GCTTSD
18-04-15, 05:55 PM
Nothing has changed YET. That dce interview didn't sound convincing at all.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 06:00 PM
Interview didn't sound promising. Said nothing but 'I have no comments on my contract situation'. Unfortunately I sense a back flip coming. Did say though that the reason for him not commenting was that he was sick of how the media was putting him in spotlight. This will be an ugly 6 weeks.

Toads
18-04-15, 06:03 PM
If anyone can find a link, it'd be appreciated if you could post it.. :)

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 06:14 PM
If anyone can find a link, it'd be appreciated if you could post it.. :)

Can't find video but here is Triple M link. Audio at bottom: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/4/reports-manlys-daly-cherry-evans-backflips-on-titans-/

Actually in the last few questions he says that he is not having second thoughts and says yes 100% to Titans next year.

Toads
18-04-15, 06:18 PM
Can't find video but here is Triple M link. Audio at bottom: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/4/reports-manlys-daly-cherry-evans-backflips-on-titans-/

Actually in the last few questions he says that he is not having second thoughts and says yes 100% to Titans next year.

Cheers Mate :thumbsup:

Hmm.. still sounds a lil' iffy, as in possible ongoing negotiations.

JunctionBlock
18-04-15, 06:25 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Media gets to crucify him for his public contract negotiations. Then they get to crucify him for not playing out his alleged change of mind in front of the media.

You can hear the utter frustration and distain in his voice. Poor bugger.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 06:28 PM
As much as I wanted an answer from Daly, I have to say that interview was nothing but an ambush. Daly was obviously uncomfortable and was close to tears at the end. I know you need to make headlines with an exclusive 'interview' but that was nothing but an ambush. Poor by Liam and Channel 10.

Ausphin
18-04-15, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the link. Sounds more promising and he defintely sounds pissed off with media coverage.

Also regarding earlier posts, pretty sure he said "nothing has changed mate"' not "nothing has changed YET".

K2G
18-04-15, 06:34 PM
As much as I wanted an answer from Daly, I have to say that interview was nothing but an ambush. Daly was obviously uncomfortable and was close to tears at the end. I know you need to make headlines with an exclusive 'interview' but that was nothing but an ambush. Poor by Liam and Channel 10.

Before the throw to Liam, the anchor said DCE had agreed to the interview. The 'Poor Daly' line is rubbish at this stage, regardless of where he ends up. Shame on his management.

Ausphin
18-04-15, 06:56 PM
It has been difficult to make any sense of this whole fiasco.

All i know is that we have never heard anything from Daly indicating he was having second thoughts (the opposite now).

Not big on conspiracy theories but in the same week that Bob Fulton is appointed in a strategic football position at Manly this story broke. Also the story was broken by Erin Molan of all people. Not one of the big time journos but Erin Molan. I am also sure that it is only conicidental that Molan works with Vautin (another Manly tragic) who is also good mates with Fulton.

Then the only supporting information is that DCE's agent met with Manly. He also happens to be Nate Myles agent who is rumoured to be talking to Manly which would explain the reason he was there.

Then the last shred of supporting evidence (???) is a whisper that him and the Manly CEO were talking to Fox Sports senior management. If that was the case who knows what it was about, but if there was any truth to it, why would it not be someone from Fox Sports who broke this whole story. Media agencies hate it when anyone gets a jump on any story.

I could be proven wrong, but listening to Daly he justs sounds shattered by the way this, and the original decision has been covered.
I am not sure if this was the case, what Manly thought they might achieve. Maybe they thought the Titans would just say stuff it and withdraw the deal.

Anyway i guess we may never know the full truth, but hopefully soon we will know one way or the other what the outcome will be.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 07:42 PM
DCE says he's committed to Titans
By Ed Jackson
Sat, Apr 18, 2015 - 06:47PM

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans has hit out at media speculation he will not honour his move to Gold Coast on a four-year deal.

Rumours have been rife the Queensland and Australia representative was having second thoughts about joining the Titans from next NRL season and was planning to back out of the multimillion-dollar offer.

"I've got no changes to report. That means nothing's changed." - Daly Cherry-Evans

Under NRL rules, players have until round 13 before contracts are finalised.

Cherry-Evans was reportedly unsettled by uncertainty over the future of State of Origin teammate Nate Myles at the Titans, with the pair sharing the same management team.

But when asked by a television reporter in Sydney on Saturday if he was 100 per cent committed to joining the Titans, Cherry-Evans simply replied "Yes".

The 26-year-old also said no when asked if he was having second thoughts about the deal.

"I just seem extremely uncomfortable the way the media's put me in the spotlight," Cherry-Evans told Network Ten.

"As I said, there's nothing to report so I just feel extremely uncomfortable with the spotlight I'm in at the moment.

"I've got no changes to report. That means nothing's changed."

The Titans and Cherry-Evans' management have already flatly denied media reports the playmaker is considering a backflip.

Titans chief executive Graham Annesley said in a statement that Chris and Gavin Orr of Pacific Sports Management had assured him there was no basis to the reports.

On Friday, Titans coach Neil Henry labelled the issue "media-fuelled" speculation.

ozynorts
18-04-15, 08:06 PM
So he has responded and we should take him at his word. IF he changes then we can vent.

Jase Winnie
18-04-15, 08:14 PM
As most of you know I had a troll rant I my first post. Simply no fans of either club wins in this situation. I believe he is still going to you guys, I believe Gavin Orr is a piece of crap using manly as a bargaining chip with the Myles contract. It is very poor, as a manly fan I am sick of the crap . Like the titans they have made a commitment to build side around him, manly should be planning a big rebuild looking for a new halfback.
This crap leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth, he will end up your way. I am just deadset over player signing 12 months in advance and derailing teams. You guys are on the right path, Roberts, elgey bright futures.

TitansFan92
18-04-15, 08:22 PM
Hey the guy who called me a dribbler is back. Hows 16th place going?

Jase Winnie
18-04-15, 08:24 PM
As good as 10 finals in a row I suppose. How's blind faith things will turn around.

Toads
18-04-15, 08:26 PM
C'mon fella's. Let it go..

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 08:34 PM
Really evasive and unconvincing from DCE.

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 08:45 PM
Really evasive and unconvincing from DCE.

Doesn't sound extremely convincing but Daly was ambushed by the media and was clearly uncomfortable. On 9 News reporters were nearly jumping into his car and wouldn't leave him alone.

Bayside Titan
18-04-15, 08:49 PM
Off topic Guys.

Along with many other things , you know why I like ,and am a member of this Forum ? It's because it's not the LU forum (Disrespectful, rude, foul mouthed and nasty and personal). ;-).

Toads
18-04-15, 08:50 PM
Doesn't sound extremely convincing but Daly was ambushed by the media and was clearly uncomfortable. On 9 News reporters were nearly jumping into his car and wouldn't leave him alone.
Yeah, yesterdays footage where they tried to bail him up as he 'n family were heading into a private residence (assuming it was their home) was a bit rich (imo).

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 08:54 PM
Yeah, yesterdays footage where they tried to bail him up as he 'n family were heading into a private residence (assuming it was their home) was a bit rich (imo).

Apparently tonight they were even worse. I personally didn't see the news but my mate told me they were harassing him while he was getting in his car. I'll have to look at the footage but apparently it was ugly. Just think the media should leave the bloke alone and let him decide.

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 09:04 PM
well maybe if he'd just come out with the truth then maybe he wouldn't have all this media on his back to begin with.

Mexican titan
18-04-15, 09:35 PM
I'll have to look at the footage but apparently it was ugly. Just think the media should leave the bloke alone and let him decide.

Didn't he decide a few weeks back.

- - - Updated - - -

well maybe if he'd just come out with the truth then maybe he wouldn't have all this media on his back to begin with.

Exactly. I would hope at the end of this DCE realises he should give Orr his 7.5% and start looking for a new Manager.

shamus
18-04-15, 10:12 PM
In fairness to DCE all this $hit hit the fan 1 day prior to the Dogs_Manly game. The timing sucked. He was caught between a rock and a hard place in making any comments. I think on the paddock he is the boss, off the paddock he ain't. He has others make decisions for him. In time he maybe able to control his future off the field but for now others do.

DIEHARD
18-04-15, 11:41 PM

Yea I agree. He says nothing has changed, but it most certainly can.

It's the ying yang of a media storm.

Just come to the coast DCE.

Titanic
18-04-15, 11:43 PM
I wish our CEO would just come out and make a statement about our re-signing of pivotal players such as we are actually negotiating with them rather than we'll speak to them in a few weeks. Surely after the stuff the fans have been through there must be some recognition of our feelings … a sub 10,000 crowd says heaps about that.

gotitans101_
18-04-15, 11:45 PM
if we lose Elgey then I'm dead-set done with this club (not really, but ya know, it's something that just shouldn't happen).

DavidBouveng
19-04-15, 07:57 AM
if we lose Elgey then I'm dead-set done with this club (not really, but ya know, it's something that just shouldn't happen).

if we lost LG and DCE...id need a rest too.

rj62
19-04-15, 08:20 AM
if we lost LG and DCE...id need a rest too.

And me as well...

- - - Updated - - -

All this drama could be avoided by changing the rules. No signing of new contracts till 2/3 the way into the season and after that you have 1 month cooling off to change your mind. Once that's done, it's a non issue, it has to be honoured.

I could think of nothing worse than having to play week in week out with a guy who has announced he's leaving the club in the first month of competition and doesn't want to be there.

JunctionBlock
19-04-15, 09:23 AM
I wish our CEO would just come out and make a statement about our re-signing of pivotal players such as we are actually negotiating with them rather than we'll speak to them in a few weeks. Surely after the stuff the fans have been through there must be some recognition of our feelings … a sub 10,000 crowd says heaps about that.

I think the sub 10000 crowd is just a result of two of the lowest crowd attendance teams playing each other.

Annesley won't put contract negotiations into the public domain. We have already been made aware negotiations are underway. All we need to know is when the contract is signed either way.

Numbers
19-04-15, 10:16 AM
There seems to have been some very different takeaways from the latest DCE interview. I haven't seen the vision, but based on the audio, I'd be highly surprised if he isn't with us next year.

He didn't sound to me like someone who is contemplating reneging. He sounded like a player expressing his frustration that he has decide to change teams next season and now wants to play out his contract with his current team as best he can - and part of that is not publicly revisiting the fact that he is going to be with another team next year. Particularly not for what seems to be a complete media fabrication at this stage.

Titanic
19-04-15, 01:02 PM
@JB - my point is our CEO should be encouraging the process with positive information not just reticent updates such as "we will speak to his manager when he comes to town".

K2G
19-04-15, 01:50 PM
Paul Carter to Souths is the rumour over at LU. Would be a sad outcome for us, but probably great one for him.

Mexican titan
19-04-15, 01:58 PM
I would hope he would show us a bit of loyalty but that word and this generation don't fit together. Of course the club would know stuff about him and rehab progress that we don't. Would be good to know if the club wants to keep him.

Titanic
19-04-15, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't be holding my breath for any quality news from the club on recruitment at the moment.

rj62
19-04-15, 06:08 PM
Maybe DCE is waiting to see who signs LG.

I'm hoping like crap its us either way...

DavidBouveng
19-04-15, 07:09 PM
There seems to have been some very different takeaways from the latest DCE interview. I haven't seen the vision, but based on the audio, I'd be highly surprised if he isn't with us next year.

He didn't sound to me like someone who is contemplating reneging. He sounded like a player expressing his frustration that he has decide to change teams next season and now wants to play out his contract with his current team as best he can - and part of that is not publicly revisiting the fact that he is going to be with another team next year. Particularly not for what seems to be a complete media fabrication at this stage.

i think this could be part of it too. like he had an agonizing choice to make and was dragged through the mud before round 1. now that he has made it and they still want to hound him. He could easily nip it in the bud (Sezer's quote assuring raiders he was honouring his deal was perfect) and it would stop instantly, but maybe he is pissed off enough that he doesnt feel he should have to.

Or his a lying weasel. its one of the two.

he might be just having talks just in case and its just that. but now its out, the added pressure from media turns it all on its head and makes things unpredictable. Wayne Bennett was to coach the roosters if it didnt leak as early as it did.

Mexican titan
19-04-15, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't be holding my breath for any quality news from the club on recruitment at the moment.

What makes you say that mate?

Mr Stupid
19-04-15, 08:32 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Media gets to crucify him for his public contract negotiations. Then they get to crucify him for not playing out his alleged change of mind in front of the media.

You can hear the utter frustration and distain in his voice. Poor bugger.

Agreed. And the reason the media shovel this garbage is because of all the poor saps who feed off it. I have to say most of them seem to to on this forum, in fact some of the people on here should be ashamed of the way they've turned on DCE over the last 48 hours. Guys I've respected in the past have reacted like hysterical gossips pontificating over the back fence. All this 'smoke without fire' crap. Whatever happened to waiting to see the truth come out. Those yelling and screaming for Daly's blood were probably saying the coke boys 'should have their day in court'. Frankly it's been a sickening display by some of you guys.

K2G
20-04-15, 12:15 AM
From 'RLW MOLE's MONDAY SCOOPS (http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-38/)'

WELCOME to The Mole’s Monday Scoops! Here’s the highly accurate rodent’s best work this week . . .

IT’S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

$1.2 million is the magic figure in the Daly Cherry-Evans soap opera.

Forget all this talk about backflips, round 13 and loyalty – this is now all a matter of money.

If Manly can come up with that $1.2 million figure – which represents the amount Cherry-Evans is set to earn per season from the Titans from salary and third party endorsements – then the star halfback is likely to stay at Brookvale.

Manly haven’t been able to come up with that amount yet – but still have over a month and are passing around the hat among sponsors and corporate supporters.

In the meantime, the poor Titans are left in limbo, wondering whether their marquee man will honour his deal.

The sooner the NRL scraps this ridiculous round 13 backflip rule, the better.

TITANS IN TROUBLE

The Titans have spent over $1 million on Daly-Cherry Evans for 2016 but the previous administration’s salary cap management has left the club with some tough decisions to make elsewhere.

Compounding coach Neil Henry’s problems in the recruitment area is the fact that substantial funds are tied up in outside backs.

At the start of 2014 winger Kevin Gordon was signed until the end of 2017 on a three-year deal more worthy of a representative star than an honest first grader.

William Zillman has been in strong form of late in the centres, but he previously secured multi-million dollar five-year deal that has him also on contract until the end of 2017.

To lighten the cap burden, don’t be surprised to see Gordon end up at the Cowboys – before June 30.

Gordon is languishing in the Queensland Cup with Burleigh and can’t break his way back into the Gold Coast’s top side.

The Cowboys have expressed some interest and if a fee can be negotiated, Gordon could be on the move up north.

JunctionBlock
20-04-15, 07:01 AM
So Manly withdrawing their offer is a backflip! This makes the most sense out of everything we have seen. All that needs to be added is that DCE's missus is worried that she won't have anyone to go shopping with if Myles leaves the Titans.

Maybe they should be talking to Bird to see if he's looking for an out too. Combine that with Gordon and Srama and we keep Myles, seal the deal with Elgey and Roberts.

karnage
20-04-15, 07:03 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha!! That's how much Carty loves Gordon - he'd probably help him move house in Townsville!!

Bayside Titan
20-04-15, 07:38 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha!! That's how much Carty loves Gordon - he'd probably help him move house in Townsville!!

5 year deal????

Toads
20-04-15, 08:21 AM
Not sure why Gordon would move to the Cowboys (apart from what karnage mentioned), it's not as if his chances would improve much of getting a run there either.. Oh well, all the best to him.

5 Year Contract
20-04-15, 09:14 AM
William Zillman has been in strong form of late in the centres, but he previously secured multi-million dollar five-year deal that has him also on contract until the end of 2017.

I am going crazy here? Why are the media always rating this guys so highly??? I feel like im taking crazy pills.

DIEHARD
20-04-15, 05:51 PM
If someone is having a shot at me about smoke and fire. DCE needs to learn how to shut down innuendo in one sentence.

Hail Sezer
20-04-15, 07:15 PM
Uh oh

Lloyd Perrett commented on Kane's latest instagram photo saying "Congrats on the manly deal".

I assume he's taking the piss given the response from some of his other mates but

Atleast i hope that's the case..

Hail Sezer
20-04-15, 08:12 PM
Busy night procrastinating on instagram...

Greg Bird just followed a page called Newcastlefoodies. Pretty much a page that provides information for up-to-date specials at restaurants in Newcastle.

Watch a journalist pinch this post and turn it in to a story

K2G
20-04-15, 08:16 PM
Busy night procrastinating on instagram...

Greg Bird just followed a page called Newcastlefoodies. Pretty much a page that provides information for up-to-date specials at restaurants in Newcastle.

Watch a journalist pinch this post and turn it in to a story

'Hail Scoop'

Hail Sezer
20-04-15, 08:25 PM
'Hail Scoop'

Workin' at the scoop kitchen

DavidBouveng
20-04-15, 09:02 PM
yeah thats odd from perrett to say it. hope hes joking

and did the post get deleted?

- - - Updated - - -

i just saw the actual DCE footage...its alot more convincing than it reads. he was quite strong, seemed frustrated but was fairly adamant he is honouring the deal. said twice that he cant see anything changing. i was also impressed he used the chance to stand up for his family and say that he was disappointed with how far the media went harassing them. i like that quality in him to stick up for those close to him.

also, matty johns show has said that DCE called Rebecca Frizelle to let her know he is committed to coming here.

if thats not the strongest indication yet, im a bad judge.

Davis13
20-04-15, 09:06 PM
Enough about DCE I reckon. I want some elgey resigning news ������

toddythetitan
20-04-15, 10:48 PM
Just saw on the book that its rumoured we have offered justin carney a 3 year contract

DavidBouveng
20-04-15, 10:54 PM
The nuggety former raiders winger? That seems an odd recruit.

Bayside Titan
20-04-15, 10:57 PM
Was wondering now that Beau Scott is leaving Newcastle weather the rumours about Greg Bird going there will be true?

toddythetitan
20-04-15, 11:17 PM
Same guy! Apparently he is centre/winger and killing it over there DB but I did he signed a 5 year deal in 2014 for castleford tigers

teke
21-04-15, 02:44 AM
The nuggety former raiders winger? That seems an odd recruit.Lol that def is a odd recruit

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 06:10 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/67979000/jpg/_67979214_cb6p1261.jpg

really guys

TITAN PETE
21-04-15, 06:18 AM
Had to check the date it's not April 1st again is it

Hail Sezer
21-04-15, 07:03 AM
Five of Brisbane Broncos’ best young players being headhunted by NRL clubs

CHRIS GARRY AND PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL APRIL 21, 2015 6:52AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/04/20/1227312/476074-22c81036-e73d-11e4-9321-13d21702e16c.jpg

CRADLE snatching NRL clubs are targeting the Broncos nursery with five of the club’s best young players headhunted.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Gold Coast Titans have made a formal offer for Brisbane’s best emerging prop, 18-year-old giant George Fai.

The Titans are also interested in poaching rookie sensation Joe Ofahengaue and have made inquiries about the availability of teen half Ashley Taylor.

Two Sydney clubs have set their sights on 18-year-old utility Jayden Nikorima and the

the Melbourne Storm have shown interest in Broncos 20-year-old centre Tom Opacic.

The Broncos are quietly confident of keeping all five players on their books.

They believe that Wayne Bennett and his coaching staff offer the young players the best environment to progress their football.

Under Bennett, the Broncos have lost very few players to rival clubs they wanted to keep with Justin Hodges’ departure for the Roosters the rare exception.

Until recently, Brisbane didn’t have many young players that rival clubs considered worth targeting.

From 2009 to 2013, Brisbane had a lean crop of juniors with few graduating from their under-20 ranks to the NRL.

They now lead the NYC competition, following on from their grand final appearance last season.

Their impressive performances under coach Craig Hodges have put their young guns on the map.

Rival clubs believe Brisbane’s teens are vulnerable because the Broncos have too much talent and some of their list will have to find a first-grade career elsewhere.

The New Zealand Warriors have battled the same issue in recent seasons with gun under-20s players like Peter Hiku poached by Manly.

Fai made almost every representative league team growing up including Australian Schoolboys and under-18 Maroons.

He is highly rated at Red Hill.

Brisbane’s long-term investment in half-back Ben Hunt could see them lose rising playmaker Taylor, who has piqued the interest of Titans scouts with his performances in the under-20s.

Taylor was handed a three-year deal last year by former coach Anthony Griffin but will struggle to break into a Broncos NRL side piloted by halves Hunt and Anthony Milford.

When Taylor was a teen the Titans chased him but he chose the Broncos.

Meanwhile, the Storm have previously expressed interest in Opacic but the Broncos are determined to retain the rookie centre after tabling a one-year deal in recent weeks.

“There is certainly interest in Tom, but the Broncos are keen for him to stay,” his manager Shaun Pyne said.

“He almost joined Melbourne last year. The Storm showed some interest but Tom got a pre-season with the Broncos and he’s impressed Wayne Bennett with his attitude.”

Simon Mammino, manager of the younger Nikorima brother Jayden, revealed his client had already knocked the Broncos back.

“The Broncos tried to extend him last year and we wanted to wait because there was instability,” Mammino said.

“I’d like to hope by the middle of the season we can do something for Jayden.

“The indication is Wayne (Bennett, Broncos coach) wants to see a bit more of Jayden before he decides whether to sign him.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/five-of-brisbane-broncos-best-young-players-being-headhunted-by-nrl-clubs/story-fniabm4i-1227312475182

- - - Updated - - -

I presume Taylor is the backup plan if we lose LG

DavidBouveng
21-04-15, 07:40 PM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/67979000/jpg/_67979214_cb6p1261.jpg

really guys

no selfies marcus

shamus
21-04-15, 07:48 PM
Bloody hell! A winger! The bloke is on 'roids!

Brock O'Brien
21-04-15, 08:15 PM
Looks like Paul Carter will be playing for Burleigh this week based on the comments on his latest instagram photo with Jamie Dowling

TITAN PETE
22-04-15, 05:45 AM
Looks like Paul Carter will be playing for Burleigh this week based on the comments on his latest instagram photo with Jamie Dowling

It's great to see he has been given permission from the QRL to play & that's where he should stay for the rest of the season he shouldn't be allowed to play for any other NRL Club so let's hope Souths attempts to sign him this season are shot down by the NRL & he serves his penalty

JunctionBlock
22-04-15, 06:55 PM
NRL live reporting that Nate Myles had a meeting today with the Titans and was made his first formal offer. Four other clubs chasing him now including Penrith.

rj62
22-04-15, 09:29 PM
NRL live reporting that Nate Myles had a meeting today with the Titans and was made his first formal offer. Four other clubs chasing him now including Penrith.

Channel 7 reported he would need to take a significant pay cut to stay on the Coast. Speculation? Who knows..

JunctionBlock
23-04-15, 07:42 AM
Channel 7 reported he would need to take a significant pay cut to stay on the Coast. Speculation? Who knows..

The report on NRL live was that to activate the one year extension would also activate a pay rise.

rj62
23-04-15, 07:52 AM
The report on NRL live was that to activate the one year extension would also activate a pay rise.

I personally hope the bloke stays either way

DavidBouveng
23-04-15, 09:11 AM
i thought Neil henry said the other week that the extension is for 500k, 1 year, but they are trying to fit him into our plans at a lower price (id guess at 400k or so) but for 2 or 3 years and wanted him to stay, but also understand their position and what they are trying to do in regards to building a roster.

JunctionBlock
23-04-15, 04:24 PM
More sensational headlines. Don't see actual quote in the article where Nate say's he'd give up the captaincy to remain a Titan however the video attached is from last nights NRL Live

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl/nate-myles-id-quit-as-captain-to-stay-at-gold-coast-titans/story-fnj9yd9w-1227317064523

Bayside Titan
23-04-15, 04:28 PM
Apparently 3 new signings but I'm guessing they are the sponsors they have announced today.

Bayside Titan
23-04-15, 08:57 PM
@ellul_nathan: @7th_Tackle what's the latest news on Kane Elgey?? Is he coming to manly? Cheers

@7th_Tackle: @ellul_nathan Big chance, Nathan. They have offered him more than $400K over two years. Not bad for a rookie!!

$200k plus a year. I would have thought is we offered the same he should be retained.

Mexican titan
23-04-15, 09:08 PM
@ellul_nathan: @7th_Tackle what's the latest news on Kane Elgey?? Is he coming to manly? Cheers

@7th_Tackle: @ellul_nathan Big chance, Nathan. They have offered him more than $400K over two years. Not bad for a rookie!!

$200k plus a year. I would have thought is we offered the same he should be retained.

I think 7th Tackle's reply is badly worded. I think he means $400k each year as that is what I am led to believe from what I have read.

Hail Sezer
23-04-15, 09:20 PM
I think 7th Tackle's reply is badly worded. I think he means $400k each year as that is what I am led to believe from what I have read.

Yeah, surely. If it was 200k/yr we would be able to compete easily.

400k though..can't blame him for taking it

Davis13
23-04-15, 09:30 PM
Let's hope he can see through the money and wanna be a part of whats happening at the Titans the next 3 years.

Bayside Titan
23-04-15, 10:41 PM
Agree with you all. I think that if he gets $250k+ it's a pretty good deal. NRL agent saying that Elgey is demanding $400k ???? Abit steep.

@NRLAgent: BIG developments in the Manly halves saga. Boom rookie Kane Elgey has demanded $300,00 a year. Highly unlikely Manly will give him this

- - - Updated - - -

@NRLAgent: - Kevin Gordon and James Roberts have received offers from the Raiders for 2016. Later to wait out DCE saga before committing either way

K2G
23-04-15, 10:48 PM
Agree with you all. I think that if he gets $250k+ it's a pretty good deal. NRL agent saying that Elgey is demanding $400k ???? Abit steep.

@NRLAgent: BIG developments in the Manly halves saga. Boom rookie Kane Elgey has demanded $300,00 a year. Highly unlikely Manly will give him this

- - - Updated - - -

@NRLAgent: - Kevin Gordon and James Roberts have received offers from the Raiders for 2016. Later to wait out DCE saga before committing either way

i think it's been pretty well established that this account is a joke. Dude has no leads. Makes up/guesses 100% of his stuff.

Myles and Roberts to Manly if DCE comes to Titans? Nope. DCE excited by Will Zillman's form, and said Zill is on another level from Brett Stewart?! hahaha ... :doh:

teke
24-04-15, 02:55 AM
Nope. DCE excited by Will Zillman's form, and said Zill is on another level from Brett Stewart?! hahaha ... :doh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hail Sezer
24-04-15, 04:53 AM
Yes NRLagent is a mock account, we established this a few months ago now lol

JunctionBlock
24-04-15, 07:27 AM
Hopefully Elgey watched Corey Parker talking about his first "real" contract offer after playing 11 games of NRL. He told the story of how he had offers from Melbourne and another club for $150k and up but stayed true to the Broncos for $80k. He reflected back and questioned whether he would have achieved what he has achieved if he had of taken the larger money offer. For all the negative reports on our footy players we get we should be promoting players that kids can treat as a hero/rolemodel like him more and more.

Hail Sezer
24-04-15, 07:48 AM
Raiders throwing 400k at Roberts

Bayside Titan
24-04-15, 09:31 AM
Raiders throwing 400k at Roberts

Yeah. Just read that. Big money. I hope he stays. He has come out stating he wants to stay as well.

Squinter98
24-04-15, 09:54 AM
Tackle One – Raiders chase speedster Roberts

First was the skill of Aiden Sezer. Next will be the size of James Tamou. And finally, if the Raiders can complete their recruitment wish list, there will be the speed of James Roberts. We can reveal Canberra is making a big play to lure the Gold Coast's try-scoring machine to the Nation's Capital in 2016. Their conviction to do so comes from new buy Sezer, who currently plays inside Roberts at the Titans. Since inking a three-year deal worth $1.5 million a fortnight ago, Sezer has urged his future club to sign the former Rabbitohs and Panthers bad boy.

Canberra originally had their sights on Shaun Kenny-Dowall, only for the Roosters veteran to agree to a two-year extension last Friday. They now want Roberts, but his value is a dilemma. Roberts is the fastest, and arguably most potent, three-quarter in the competition. With eight touchdowns from the first seven rounds, he's currently the NRL's joint leading try-scorer. He will also make his representative debut for City Origin next weekend. On that basis alone Roberts could be worth up to $400,000-a-season.

However, his dreadful off-field history equals a risk for any club that signs him. It's believed the Titans originally offered Roberts less than $200,000-a-season to stay. Canberra is prepared to top that, but to ridiculous proportions.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/27285787/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/

JunctionBlock
24-04-15, 10:03 AM
At this point it's looking more and more important for us to off load Gordon and possibly Srama. Dip into the NRL purse and negotiate some transfer fees. These over priced fringe players are killing us.

The other thing is not knowing any outcomes on the pending court case which would free up a million.

toddythetitan
24-04-15, 10:26 AM
What exatly are guys like srama and gordon and elgey on in comparison to mossley roberts and morts

Titanic
24-04-15, 10:27 AM
Why aren't the press screaming about the Sezer/Roberts situation like they did the DCE/Gagai non-event?

In all seriousness, we should be able to say good-bye to Zillman, Mortimer, Gordon, Srama and Bird.

nimud
24-04-15, 11:55 AM
Why aren't the press screaming about the Sezer/Roberts situation like they did the DCE/Gagai non-event?

In all seriousness, we should be able to say good-bye to Zillman, Mortimer, Gordon, Srama and Bird.

Agree with most on your list. There's some more off contract to add to that list. Although he's had some off field drama's, IMO I'd keep Bird for his leadership (as would Myles), otherwise we don't have any senior forwards to lead the pack.

toddythetitan
24-04-15, 11:59 AM
our depth 13
1.jamal fogarty
2.kalifa fai fai loa
3.brad tighe
4.jamie dowling
5.kevin gordon
6.christian hazard
7.daniel mortimer
8.matt white
9.matt srama
10.dave hala
11.jai ingram
12mark ioane
13.ryan simpkins

JunctionBlock
24-04-15, 12:09 PM
What exatly are guys like srama and gordon and elgey on in comparison to mossley roberts and morts

Srama is on a reported $200k a season and Gordon is on a wage more fit of a rep player according to varies articles.

As for Bird, Titanic, this is the one that pee's me off cause he'll probably mutually leave at the end of the year and is stuffing up contract negotiations.

Toads
24-04-15, 12:21 PM
There's going to be tears no matter what comes at seasons end. Unless Zillman is targeted by another club for his gun services as a outstanding fullback, come centre..

Show and Go
24-04-15, 02:21 PM
Roberts is worth $400K so just give it to him FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be showing Kevin Gordon the door pretty quickly if he is on good money. Just not special enough to get away with being a tiny winger.

gotitans101_
24-04-15, 02:40 PM
Is Kevin Gordon off contract after 2015? Show him the door if he is.

teke
24-04-15, 03:20 PM
If I were a Titans fan I'd be almost wishing Dce didn't come. His money has thrown a big spanner in the works.

Lol @ those trying to get rid of players like Zilly, Stama and Gordon...they have contracts, it's up to them.

Titanic
24-04-15, 04:21 PM
Lol @ those trying to get rid of players like Zilly, Stama and Gordon...they have contracts, it's up to them.
Coercion is a two-way street in rugby league, old mate, if the club wants them out then they will move them.

ozynorts
24-04-15, 04:22 PM
If I were a Titans fan I'd be almost wishing Dce didn't come. His money has thrown a big spanner in the works.

They are the ones that are putting a spanner in the works I feel. Not their fault they were able to negotiate the contracts they did. Another example of the club still having to deal with the mistakes of the previous administration.
Surely Cartwright can convince Green to swap Morgan for Zillman.........

Toads
24-04-15, 05:03 PM
As much as Roberts is carving it up at the moment. 400k is too much at this stage considering his sketchy past, it's just too much to risk at the moment. If he was a clean skin, then there's no denying he would be worth every cent of it.

teke
24-04-15, 05:19 PM
Coercion is a two-way street in rugby league, old mate, if the club wants them out then they will move them.Club wanted Srama out this yr, he stayed.

Titan fans getting all hot under the collar trying to force dce to man up to a handshake deal then the same ppl are trying to get other players forced out cause they are apparently earning too much. Never a satisfied bunch

- - - Updated - - -

Coercion is a two-way street in rugby league, old mate, if the club wants them out then they will move them.Club wanted Srama out this yr, he stayed.

Titan fans getting all hot under the collar trying to force dce to man up to a handshake deal then the same ppl are trying to get other players forced out cause they are apparently earning too much. Never a satisfied bunch

- - - Updated - - -

As much as Roberts is carving it up at the moment. 400k is too much at this stage considering his sketchy past, it's just too much to risk at the moment. If he was a clean skin, then there's no denying he would be worth every cent of it.Exactly, big risk to a player that hasn't proved much more than being able to beat his opposite man. Nothing wrong with 250 next yr then a big jump the following yrs if earnt.

JunctionBlock
24-04-15, 06:04 PM
The club has options. Gordon could be going to the Cowboys if a transfer fee can be negotiated. Half the team got shown the Super League door end of last year. Srama's contract is up at the end of next year. Depending on other teams hooking options, he has been free to negotiate with other teams since the start of this year. Zillman isn't going anywhere.

At the end of the day, living on the Gold Coast compared to Canberra is worth $100k a year and considering how many of his cousins play here and Ricky Stuart coaches Canberra, we shouldn't have to match that offer.

Like I said, if Bird isn't happy at the Titans and the Titans are happy with bird then that resolves a lot of issues.

DCE will resolve more issues than his contract is creating.

rj62
24-04-15, 06:43 PM
As much as Roberts is carving it up at the moment. 400k is too much at this stage considering his sketchy past, it's just too much to risk at the moment. If he was a clean skin, then there's no denying he would be worth every cent of it.

I agree. IMO $250 would pull him up and IF he is still doing the same at the end of the season then look at it then. $400 puts him in the company of some big names, which at the moment he isn't, with respect.

- - - Updated - - -

Mexican titan
24-04-15, 07:18 PM
I thought a few weeks back we had heaps of salary cap left for next season and that was after taking dce's contract into account. I think managers are aware of this and they will be milking us, or trying to, for every negotiation they do. I wouldn't be believing the amounts being put out there as in many cases it will be the managers bs.

TitansFan92
24-04-15, 07:20 PM
The problem is until new investors come in the club does not have the money to release players unless there is another club interested and we would be kidding ourselves if we thought clubs would be interested in Gordon or Srama. They would have to be desperate and we would still have to pay some of there salary because no club in there right mind would pay what they are on.

There should be some good news on Roberts next week.

K2G
24-04-15, 11:06 PM
Titans confident of keeping Kane Elgey on Gold Coast despite high demand for young halfback
TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-confident-of-keeping-kane-elgey-on-gold-coast-despite-high-demand-for-young-halfback/story-fniabjcr-1227319078771) APRIL 25, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/04/24/1227319/079053-9089f86e-ea3a-11e4-bd2f-54c4d1c998c8.jpg

GOLD Coast are quietly confident halfback Kane Elgey will ignore rival interest and re-sign as early as next week with the Titans set to secure the hottest rookie in the game who has put current Test and Origin stars to shame.

In a stunning start to his NRL career that has catapulted the 21-year-old to potential rookie of the year honours and put his name in high demand on the open market, Elgey has done more in four games than some of the NRL’s biggest names have in seven appearances this season.

After a brilliant performance against the Panthers last week, Elgey has now racked up five try assists and four line breaks assists in his four NRL appearances.

To put that in perspective, only Johnathan Thurston and Mitchell Pearce have produced more try assists in the past month with six each.

According the Fox Sports Stats, Elgey’s try assist and line break assist totals are ahead of some of the game’s biggest stars including Test halfback Cooper Cronk (7 games, 4 try assists, 3 line break assists), Kiwi Test five-eighth Kieran Foran (4-5-2), South Sydney premiership star Luke Keary (7-3-2), NSW Origin halfback Trent Hodkinson (7-3-4) and Brisbane’s Test star Ben Hunt (7-3-5).

Elgey’s opponent on Saturday, Warriors halfback and Golden Boot star Shaun Johnson, has racked up six try and line break assists in seven games and will give the young Gold Coaster a major test at Mt Smart Stadium as the Titans chase their third straight win.

Titans fullback Josh Hoffman believes Elgey will only get better the more comfortable he feels in first grade.

“Only a few games under his belt and he is really finding his feet,” Hoffman said.

“The more time he gets his hands on the ball the more confident he will get.

“It’s will only be a matter of time he takes on the line, gets that confidence and shows the form like he did in the under 20s.”

Immortal Andrew Johns raved about Elgey’s performances last week, impressed at the way the reigning NYC player of the year runs at the line and is willing to take risks with the ball in hand or off his foot.

Johns expressed a desire to coach him at Manly where the Team of the Century halfback works as a specialist halves coach under Geoff Toovey, with the Sea Eagles seen as the biggest threat to snatching Elgey out of the Gold Coast’s nursery.

But after a meeting with Titans bosses this week to discuss a contract extension, the Gold Coast left hopeful they’ll get a positive answer from Elgey’s camp next week during the bye as players have more time to sit down and consider their futures.

The Titans have been more than impressed with Elgey’s start to his career, some would say even shocked that he has handled the rise in intensity to NRL level with such composure particularly in defence.

The club has always known Elgey’s ability to do exceptional things in junior footy and at training, but are pleased to see glimpses of that play starting to emerge in the NRL level even if there are a few errors to go with it.

Titans teammate Ryan James has nothing but praise for the rising young star as they’ve built a solid combination down the left edge as the Gold Coast have won three games.

James and Elgey are both graduates of the same Palm Beach Currumbin high school program on the Gold Coast, and Australian Schoolboys rep stars, albeit three years apart.

“Our combination is growing every week,” James said.

“He is playing great footy and he is comfortable in defence. I like working with him in defence.”

The Mole
25-04-15, 09:13 AM
There are rumours that the Tigers are trying to offload Simona or he's unhappy there with the Raiders and Sharks linked to him. If the the rumours are true then I really hope the club makes a play at him because you'd think we would be the favourite out of those clubs linked for his signature. He's off contract this year and he'd solve the other centre spot.

Obviously Elgey and Roberts should be priority re-signings, but I would like to see Pettybourne get re-signed as well. I've been very impressed with his performance so far.

K2G
25-04-15, 09:47 AM
Why would we be the favourites for Simona? His younger brother is at the sharks and raiders could offer him more $$

I'd love him here, but I'd say we're a long shot at best

DavidBouveng
25-04-15, 10:20 PM
Nate Myles... no qualms if he leaves. as long as it doesnt effect DCE or LG's deals. (might even help us keep LG.) sounds like he isnt asking for way to much, but considering how much we have overpaid for results delivered so far in his term here... i wont lose sleep over it if we lost him.

Papers calling him inspirational and the heart and soul of the team are kidding. he might have been through some stuff recently, but he isn't in the same league as guys like Bull Bailey or Mini as far as ripping in for our club. Far from inspirational, Myles looks dis interested more than passionate.

No doubt he had a great year in 2012 or 2013, but overall i think they are drawing a long bow saying we will will be lost without him. We cant say anything publicly about it, just let him have his say, let him leave if he wants too, and be confident in our plan and course of action.

also, he mentions in his interview that we are trying to sign younger or lower value players cheaper and develop them into good first graders....of course we are mate! the team chasing him, Penrith have made it an art form in the last couple of years. If anything, titans are one of the last clubs to get on board with the modern way of building a roster.

rant over....for now.

K2G
26-04-15, 12:11 AM
Panthers planning to sign Nate Myles with Titans skipper set to be hit by $220,000 pay cut
EXCLUSIVE PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/panthers-planning-to-sign-nate-myles-with-titans-skipper-set-to-be-hit-by-220000-pay-cut/story-fnp0lyn6-1227320597610) APRIL 26, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/04/25/1227320/597582-9616d62c-eb15-11e4-bd2f-54c4d1c998c8.jpg

PENRITH supremo Phil Gould is ready to swoop on Nate Myles with the Origin warhorse likely to quit the Titans after facing the prospect of a massive $220,000 pay cut.

The Sunday Mail can reveal Panthers powerbroker Gould has Penrith positioned to poach Myles as a pay dispute breaks out between the Titans and their inspirational skipper.

A candid Myles says he wants to finish his career at the Titans but appears headed for the exits as five clubs, including Manly, the Dragons and Gould’s Panthers, battle for his signature.

“In my heart, I want to stay at the Titans, but I’ll be honest, it doesn’t look like it will be that way,” Myles said.

“It feels like they are trying to pick their side as if it’s a fantasy league, where you can get players at a low value and you then turn them into really genuine first graders.

“In some cases they definitely will, but it doesn’t happen every time.”

Titans coach Neil Henry is keen to retain Myles, but the Mexican stand-off over the skipper’s perceived worth is so vast it is difficult to see the parties reaching a financial compromise.

Myles’ existing deal is worth more than $500,000 a season, although the Titans will struggle to submit a competitive offer due to salary cap pressures.

The Panthers and Manly have both tabled superior deals, with Gould eager to add Myles’ big-game experience and leadership qualities to Penrith’s unheralded pack.

The 29-year-old’s preference is to remain on the Gold Coast but admits he is now confronting the very real prospect of moving on.

“I did plan on finishing my career here, but it’s a business now,” he said.

“I was very fortunate to get the opportunity to come here where the supporters are fantastic. Football wise I have a lot more to give to the Titans, ‘King’ (Neil Henry) is a good coach and I’m enjoying his style.

“My decision will not just be about the money. I haven’t won a competition and that’s something I really want to do.

“At age 29 I’m nowhere near being finished as a rep player. There are still goals for me and that’s at the forefront of my decision.”

The Titans met with Myles during the week to discuss his future. It is understood the club has concerns about Myles’ longevity, with the veteran of 26 Origin matches having endured bicep, groin and shoulder operations.

But Myles insists he is not a spent force, saying his body is in its best shape in years after opting to sit out the 2014 Four Nations tournament.

The loss of their skipper would be a crushing blow for the Titans, but Myles said interest from the NRL suitors had galvanised his self-belief.

“It’s very reassuring to know there is interest in me,” he said.

“I had a quick chat with a few clubs, I’ve been impressed with their processes and structures. It’s exciting but also nerve wracking, when you talk to them you think whoa, this is a possibility and it opens my eyes to it.

“I’m not delusional, if someone tried to pump my tyres up and I wasn’t worth it, I would acknowledge that, but it’s nice to know other clubs want to sign me.”

Former Test captain Darren Lockyer, who played alongside Myles in the Origin arena, urged the Titans to retain the Maroons warhorse.

“I have played with Nate, he is a great bloke and a guy who just won’t let you down on the field,” he said.

“Without knowing the club internally and what Neil Henry is trying to achieve, I hope Nate stays.

“He is a consistent performer and he brings that stability that he will be there giving his best performances.

“It’s a great way for young kids to learn their trade from older guys in the team.

“At the Broncos, we had guys like Shane Webcke and Brad Thorn and Andrew Gee, those stabilising personalities are crucial for a forward pack and Nate is like that at the Titans.”

K2G
26-04-15, 12:29 AM
Agree with you post DB. Like the boys on fox discussed the other night regarding penrith's turn around, sometimes you've got to shed big name players to develop a well functioning club. They lost two of their biggest names and best players in Lewis and Jennings, and look how that has turned out for them.

The main reason that I'm apprehensive about losing Myles now, is for the DCE factor. If we need to sign Lussick on those grounds then so be it.

Also, with Douglas, Pettybourne, Paasi, Hala, Ioane, White, and potentially Lussick and Molo / Ofahengaue, we've got a lot of big body impact, guys and a solid base for the future (although I don't think White will be extended past 2016) ... But I still think there might be a leadership/experience void in the team if we lose Myles and Bird.

teke
26-04-15, 02:03 AM
Why would we be the favourites for Simona? His younger brother is at the sharks and raiders could offer him more $$

I'd love him here, but I'd say we're a long shot at bestSimona raises my eyebrows.

Karnage has stated it for yrs...Titans need to get rid of the problem Searle/Carty (roots n all). The last bit of roots is the contract of the under performing FB. Zilly is keeping a good player in Crampton out of first grade which is a dam shame.

TITAN PETE
26-04-15, 08:34 AM
Selling Zillman for a can of coke & half a bag of chips will help to free some over paid money up to keep Myles but in saying that I won't shed a tear if he leaves he's great for our defensive structure but offers zero as a running forward.

Re-signing LG & Roberts long term is far more important to me

karnage
26-04-15, 09:08 AM
Selling Zillman for a can of coke & half a bag of chips will help to free some over paid money up to keep Myles but in saying that I won't shed a tear if he leaves he's great for our defensive structure but offers zero as a running forward.

Re-signing LG & Roberts long term is far more important to me

HAHAHAHAHA!! The coke AND the chips would be paying overs. The massive back end to Myles contract is yet another hang over from the Searle years. If we pick up that option it will make Myles one of the top paid props in the game - worth more than the likes of Bromwich, Woods, George Burgess, Tolman etc. It was another piece of disgracefully poor cap management and forward planning from the previous administration.

JunctionBlock
26-04-15, 10:01 AM
Well if the club is that far off the giving him an equal package then they need to close the books on Myles and concentrate on LG, Roberts and the rest of the youth (future) we have off contract this season. But as I've said time and time again, if the rumours RE Bird are true then this resolves a lot of our issues. But until the court cases are heard or Bird asks for a release then our hands are tied. Unfortunately though both of these may come too late with contract negotiations going on now. Probably why Annesley wanted him gone straight away when the cocaine scandal hit.

Bayside Titan
26-04-15, 11:10 AM
To be fair I think that we need to keep Myles. If rumours are true we will loose Bird and if you throw in Myles we will loose a lot of big game experience and leadership in the forwards. We must keep Myles for the leadership he brings to the forwards and to the club. I Just think that his wife getting better and hopefully no more drug things at the club should clear his head and he should better. Myles has been great for the club especially over the last 6-9 months. I also think that we need him around to help settle DCE into the club as well. If you think about it if Myles was to go who in our club at this point do you think offers Us leadership and experience?

DavidBouveng
26-04-15, 01:59 PM
To be fair I think that we need to keep Myles. If rumours are true we will loose Bird and if you throw in Myles we will loose a lot of big game experience and leadership in the forwards. We must keep Myles for the leadership he brings to the forwards and to the club. I Just think that his wife getting better and hopefully no more drug things at the club should clear his head and he should better. Myles has been great for the club especially over the last 6-9 months. I also think that we need him around to help settle DCE into the club as well. If you think about it if Myles was to go who in our club at this point do you think offers Us leadership and experience?

Luke Douglas. His integrity and courage are amazing.

Bayside Titan
26-04-15, 02:43 PM
Luke Douglas. His integrity and courage are amazing.

I agree with everything you said ,no doubt. But to me Douglas appears to be a follower not a leader. Don't get me wrong , Douglas is a good player.

Hail Sezer
26-04-15, 02:48 PM
Douglas leads by his actions

Titanic
26-04-15, 03:18 PM
I would make Mead captain … and he might get more good ball.

Titan4Life
26-04-15, 08:13 PM
Our recruitment team really needs to up its game if the rumours are correct that we have $2.5m to spend. Surely we can offer a lot more to Elgey and Roberts if we have that much to spend + Myles and Bird salary if they both leave. They are still negotiating but letting Canberra and Manly offer double our sum for them two is ridiculous when we have so much salary cap spare. Anyway hopefully they can sort it out this week and both re-sign in the week off.

DavidBouveng
26-04-15, 08:19 PM
Our recruitment team really needs to up its game if the rumours are correct that we have $2.5m to spend. Surely we can offer a lot more to Elgey and Roberts if we have that much to spend + Myles and Bird salary if they both leave. They are still negotiating but letting Canberra and Manly offer double our sum for them two is ridiculous when we have so much salary cap spare. Anyway hopefully they can sort it out this week and both re-sign in the week off.

LG would be a great signing. i think a golf day in his honour would be appropriate.

JR will have rep training...he may not want any distractions this week, or may not want to sign when his value is increasing on the reg like LG's is.

karnage
26-04-15, 09:48 PM

I think you really need to think very seriously about what you've just said here. If you pay 'overs' for players you aren't going to end up with extra money in the cap for long and before you know it we are back where we were last year with big contracts tied up in players on the wrong side of 30.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 06:38 AM
I think you really need to think very seriously about what you've just said here. If you pay 'overs' for players you aren't going to end up with extra money in the cap for long and before you know it we are back where we were last year with big contracts tied up in players on the wrong side of 30.

I see your point but I'm not saying we should pay overs for players. We should however be able to at least match or go close to Manly's/Canberra's offer for Elgey/Roberts. Offering half their offer is ridiculous when you have $2.5m to spend and possibly more with the departure of Myles and Bird.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 07:09 AM
THE MOLE'S MONDAY SCOOPS
Written by THE MOLE, April 27, 2015

Titan on the rise
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Kane-EElgey-960x540.jpg

In just 80 minutes on Saturday, Titans rookie Kane Elgey more than doubled his contract value on the open market.

Elgey was playing just his fourth game but his display against the Warriors proved a breakout performance – he scored two tries and steered his team around the park superbly.

For a 21-year-old playmaker, it was a super display and showed why the likes of Manly are hot on his tail.

The Titans hope to retain Elgey despite signing Daly Cherry-Evans for 2016, believing the pair would make a slick combination.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-39/

Bayside Titan
27-04-15, 07:09 AM
The way I understand it is that essentially Myles is off contract next year as the club hasn't activated the 1year extension. So if that is the case then the club maybe haven't allowed for the extension of his contract. So essentially it sounds like that the club is trying to find that money now. If Bird was to go it could be argued that you could use Birds money for Myle as the club has allocated Birds money in the cap for 2016/17.

Brock O'Brien
27-04-15, 07:40 AM
I have no idea how accurate it is, but the consensus all over the Manly forum is that Elgey's announcing today that he's staying

Bayside Titan
27-04-15, 09:07 AM
I have no idea how accurate it is, but the consensus all over the Manly forum is that Elgey's announcing today that he's staying

I hope it's right.

TitansFan92
27-04-15, 10:18 AM
I don't believe there to be any player signing announcements today but LG should be re signed by the end of the week and we have raised our offer to him.
Myles should also be re signing in the coming weeks. Choosing a longer contract over money.
Bird's management has sort the clubs likely hood of a release if he was to get an offer to play elsewhere.
Also DCE has now signed a contract with the club. Still means **** till Rd 13 but showns he is committed I think.

rj62
27-04-15, 11:18 AM
Choice between Bird and Myles, I'd take Myles every day of the week.

I can't help feeling there's more to play on Birds time here given his off field dramas. That's all gone quiet......for now.

gotitans101_
27-04-15, 12:26 PM
I hope it's right.

I think they know just as much as we do unfortunately.

DavidBouveng
27-04-15, 12:36 PM
I don't believe there to be any player signing announcements today but LG should be re signed by the end of the week and we have raised our offer to him.
Myles should also be re signing in the coming weeks. Choosing a longer contract over money.
Bird's management has sort the clubs likely hood of a release if he was to get an offer to play elsewhere.
Also DCE has now signed a contract with the club. Still means **** till Rd 13 but showns he is committed I think.

Super post if true.

if u get all four points, I will try coerce the mods to give u a 'TitansMole' title.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 12:56 PM

Where did you hear all of this mate? Hope you are correct on all of them.

Any idea what Roberts is doing?

Titanic
27-04-15, 06:09 PM
Any idea what Roberts is doing?
His missus sms my missus' cousin at the Chinese restaurant in Tugun, that he's around at a mates place playing World of Warcraft ... but that was an hour ago.

(just kidding T4L)

Hail Sezer
27-04-15, 06:15 PM
Some "great recruitment news" for Manly coming up on 7 News as per Josh Massoud on twitter. Of course the early speculation is that it is Elgey. Hoping it's not

K2G
27-04-15, 06:48 PM
Massoud 'hearing' the Kane Elgey deal to Manly for two years will be confirmed later this week...

- - - Updated - - -

C'MON TITANS!! PULL YOUR FINGERS OUT!

What's the best way, we as members can let our opinion be known here?

amaline
27-04-15, 06:50 PM
Some "great recruitment news" for Manly coming up on 7 News as per Josh Massoud on twitter. Of course the early speculation is that it is Elgey. Hoping it's not

Watching 7 news. They are claiming Elgey is heading to the Sea Eagles.

rj62
27-04-15, 06:55 PM
Watching 7 news. They are claiming Elgey is heading to the Sea Eagles.

Looks like we've shat out .... DCE and who then???

gotitans101_
27-04-15, 06:56 PM
**** sake.

rj62
27-04-15, 06:58 PM
I really really hope if this is true it doesn't put DCE back in doubt

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 07:01 PM
TitansFan92 please tell me you didn't lie???

Hope we don't lose Elgey. Just don't see why he'd leave for any reason besides money.

gotitans101_
27-04-15, 07:01 PM
Josh Massaud is usually on the money isn't he?

It's so disappointing if true. All about the $$ and nothing else.

Hail Sezer
27-04-15, 07:02 PM
Devastated

Davis13
27-04-15, 07:02 PM
Your kidding me

gotitans101_
27-04-15, 07:03 PM
I guess it's Mortimer then, yeah we're doomed.

ffs

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 07:04 PM
Guess we will see either Norman or Mortimer in the #6 jersey next year.

gotitans101_
27-04-15, 07:09 PM
Something about this just stinks though. Why was there news we were chasing Corey Norman weeks ago? Something tells me this club knew they wouldn't be able to secure Elgey from the get go...or they'd rather put more faith in a half who was already established in first grade (but still isn't anything special).

Squinter98
27-04-15, 07:18 PM
I'm devestated! I really don't know how I've stuck with this club for so long! He dangled the bait out in front of us, then he pulled it away! Why can't this club retain its junior talent? I'm praying that this news is false, I just can't accept it at the moment!

Toads
27-04-15, 07:18 PM
Oh well... we can't blame Searle or Carty for this one, though it seems to be a pattern with the lads that come through our junior ranks.

Hail Sezer
27-04-15, 07:21 PM
Oh well... we can't blame Searle or Carty for this one, though it seems to be a pattern with the lads that come through our junior ranks.

We partially can, because they've tied up all of the salary cap in players like Zillman and Gordon.

Still, we could have retained Kane. We had the $$ no doubt. Incredibly disappointing.

gotitans101_
27-04-15, 07:24 PM
let's hope he changes his mind before round 13 lolol

mdrew
27-04-15, 07:28 PM
Wow another local junior bites the dust, hard to stay positive about our junior development

K2G
27-04-15, 07:35 PM
We have until Round 13 to change our clubs mind on this as far as I'm concerned.

I want to see Gold Coast talent play for THIS team. I'm willing to tear up my membership over this. F*ng ridiculous.

I'm emailing info@titans.com.au to let my thoughts be known. If there is a better way to contact the club, I would appreciate PMs thanks guys.

rj62
27-04-15, 07:36 PM
Sadly you can't blame him if it's true. If the offer is significantly more than what we have or can offer , how can you blame him ?
You have to ask yourself .... What would you do ?
Warm fuzzy feelings won't pay the bills ..... Unfortunately

Doesn't set aside the fact that we lose those huge steps recently made right back to square 1 , with or without DCE

Smakked
27-04-15, 07:44 PM
FFS that sucks if we loose him, we have no one to go along with DCE, so he will do 1 year and **** off on compasionate grounds....

Toads
27-04-15, 07:58 PM
This is why I regard this year as our first real go at regrouping and rebuilding (since Searle and Carty cleared out). It's the same reason why I would've tried Crampton instead of Zillman at Mt Smart last weekend. I'd rather us blood those young guns in our stock 'n to hell with the outcome this year, because it's not until next year we can have a genuine crack at getting in the top 8 'n staying there for some years to come.

psmitty
27-04-15, 08:04 PM
On the Manly Forum they are very very confident that DCE will still backflip and they will get Elgey. Looks like a fight for two great halves between us and Manly. I am hopeful but not really confident of getting either.

rj62
27-04-15, 08:08 PM
On the Manly Forum they are very very confident that DCE will still backflip and they will get Elgey. Looks like a fight for two great halves between us and Manly. I am hopeful but not really confident of getting either.

That's what I'm worried about. have to say if that was to occur - I'd need a break from the club

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 08:09 PM
WTF happened TitansFan92?!?! You got some explaining to do buddy.

So disappointed right now. Our only option is to get Norman. Don't see why Elgey went to Manly. Silly career move IMO.

Hail Sezer
27-04-15, 08:15 PM
WTF happened TitansFan92?!?! You got some explaining to do buddy.

So disappointed right now. Our only option is to get Norman. Don't see why Elgey went to Manly. Silly career move IMO.

Our only option is not to get Norman lol. i get that you're a fan of him mate but he's still contracted to the Eels for 2016 and we wouldn't pay him any less than we would have paid Elgey or Sezer. I don't think he's coming here.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 08:18 PM
Our only option is not to get Norman lol. i get that you're a fan of him mate but he's still contracted to the Eels for 2016 and we wouldn't pay him any less than we would have paid Elgey or Sezer. I don't think he's coming here.

I don't even want Norman mate! I said all along that I wanted Elgey to stay over getting Norman! The only reason I see Norman could be that Parra has signed Beau Scott, Kieran Foran and might re-sign Hopoate. That is nearly $2.5m there so they can't keep everyone.

psmitty
27-04-15, 08:20 PM
There is a chance we will not have DCE and Elgey and lose Sezer and be stuck with Mortimer. Any one on here who used to play in the halves? Put on the jersey and start to warm up.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 08:20 PM
Badel said that Elgey hasn't officially signed but Manly has offered the better offer.

Seriously what the hell Titans management?! Surely we could have made a competitive offer to keep him. Now we are left with no one. SMH :mad:

Squinter98
27-04-15, 08:26 PM
There is a chance we will not have DCE and Elgey and lose Sezer and be stuck with Mortimer. Any one on here who used to play in the halves? Put on the jersey and start to warm up.

I'm 17 and play 5/8! I'd be more than willing to play! I've got the best Goose step in the buisness! Ahaha

Mexican titan
27-04-15, 08:34 PM
Badel said that Elgey hasn't officially signed but Manly has offered the better offer.

Seriously what the hell Titans management?! Surely we could have made a competitive offer to keep him. Now we are left with no one. SMH :mad:

Of course Manly will have made the better offer. They have no half (or 5/8) for next year and would have heaps of money to throw around. That is not to say the Titans wouldn't have made Elgey a very good offer and I think they have. I definitely want him to stay but we need to be careful about how much we pay for a young bloke in comparison to others. We still have to live within the cap and if Manly want to pay big money for a largely untested young half that is a risk for them. I repeat I want him to stay but there is a limit we can afford, especially after what has been thrown at DCE. It's a halves market at the moment and they all seem to be getting overs.
I have only just read the postings on this subject today and I am very surprised as over the weekend in the papers and radio it all seemed to be taken for granted that he would be staying. I just hope he is.

JunctionBlock
27-04-15, 08:36 PM
How about we all chill until there is an official announcement from either the Titans or Manly. We will have the last say at retaining him.

Like everyone else, I agree we would be crazy to let him go, but if they're paying overs for him then hopefully that means they are spending money that won't be able to be used to retain DCE and he is still coming.

Bayside Titan
27-04-15, 08:38 PM
I read the article about a month ago about the Norman thing but didn't think much of it TBH. My reasons are that Norman would be on about $400k-$500k a year so of we were to pay that money for Norman why not Elgey??? I guess the question we all should ask ourselves is LG worth that money? Considering that Sezer has signed with the Raiders for $500k a year who is now really starting to prove himself as a half so one could consider that what Sezer signed for is a measure of value in the market place. One guess I have is that if the Norman thing turns out true it maybe that the Norman may have The Eels paying abit of his salary.

IMO if the Titans went to $375k and got beaten on price I would be ok with that ( not happy to loose a local junior with talent to burn) as he is untested at NRL level for a season. Yes he has played great games for us and I would be unhappy that he goes but I guess I'm trying to remain level headed in all this.

Mexican titan
27-04-15, 08:40 PM
How about we all chill until there is an official announcement from either the Titans or Manly. We will have the last say at retaining him.

Like everyone else, I agree we would be crazy to let him go, but if they're paying overs for him then hopefully that means they are spending money that won't be able to be used to retain DCE and he is still coming.

Agreed. That's what I was trying to say - you just said it quicker!
I hope TitansFan92 turns out to be right though.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 08:46 PM
Of course Manly will have made the better offer. They have no half (or 5/8) for next year and would have heaps of money to throw around. That is not to say the Titans wouldn't have made Elgey a very good offer and I think they have. I definitely want him to stay but we need to be careful about how much we pay for a young bloke in comparison to others. We still have to live within the cap and if Manly want to pay big money for a largely untested young half that is a risk for them. I repeat I want him to stay but there is a limit we can afford, especially after what has been thrown at DCE. It's a halves market at the moment and they all seem to be getting overs.
I have only just read the postings on this subject today and I am very surprised as over the weekend in the papers and radio it all seemed to be taken for granted that he would be staying. I just hope he is.

According to the rumours a week ago (not sure if they are still up to date) Manly offered double our sum of money. Now I do know we need to keep in the salary cap but as I have said, we apparently have $2.5m to spend + Bird's salary. Surely we could have made an offer close to theirs? Also, now we've got to fork out close to 400-500k to get Norman or stick with bloody Mortimer. Wouldn't it have been worth it to offer Elgey a decent sum of money?

- - - Updated - - -

Just think it's really stupid of the Titans recruitment team and they are seriously stuffing us up. We've lost Sezer, 99% chance we lost Elgey, on the verge of losing Myles and possibly Bird, and Roberts is still unsigned. What the hell have they been doing?

Mexican titan
27-04-15, 08:49 PM
According to the rumours a week ago (not sure if they are still up to date) Manly offered double our sum of money. Now I do know we need to keep in the salary cap but as I have said, we apparently have $2.5m to spend + Bird's salary. Surely we could have made an offer close to theirs? Also, now we've got to fork out close to 400-500k to get Norman or stick with bloody Mortimer. Wouldn't it have been worth it to offer Elgey a decent sum of money?

I don't disagree with anything you have said although it seems like the magical $2.5m we had seems to have disappeared as I have read many articles recently that indicate we have to do juggling. For example we seem to be wanting to shave some money off Myles contract which may not have been necessary if we had heaps of cap room.
We also do not know what other players the club night be chasing so it's hard to say we should just throw heaps at Elgey without all the facts. Yes on face value we have lost Sezer and if we lose Elgey it seems we are one half short but I think we have to trust the coach. He has delivered so far and would have a better knowledge of a players worth in the context of our cap situation than any of us.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 08:52 PM
Trying to stay positive MT but looks like we might have stuffed this up. Hope I'm wrong but if not then the Titans have some explaining to do on why we suddenly have no $. Like you said, surely the club has to be after someone else. We can't be that short of salary cap space.

Mexican titan
27-04-15, 09:03 PM
Trying to stay positive MT but looks like we might have stuffed this up. Hope I'm wrong but if not then the Titans have some explaining to do on why we suddenly have no $. Like you said, surely the club has to be after someone else. We can't be that short of salary cap space.

Just to play devils advocate regarding why we will not go over the top for Elgey....Henry might think having DCE and Elgey in the team might leave us a bit short on a bit of size. He also might think DCE and Elgey are too much alike in the way they play and we only want one of them, or he might think Elgey might be lacking as a 5/8 assuming DCE will be half.
I am not saying I agree with any of this and again I repeat that I hope Elgey stays.
Just trying to help you sleep better T4L.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 09:05 PM
I see your point MT and that may be the case but again...what is the plan now?

Anyway guess we wait until confirmation. Most likely coming tomorrow when Manly are announcing contract news at 10am with signings and re-signings. Perfect time for them to confirm Elgey signing.

JunctionBlock
27-04-15, 09:13 PM
I'm really not liking Pacific Sport Management. Who else plays negotiations in the media like these guys? How could anyone know who's offering what if these guys aren't leaking this to the media. There have been plenty of other transfers going on this year for next year that haven't been played out in the media like these guys do.

K2G
27-04-15, 09:33 PM
In her news segment on the Matty Johns Show, Lara Pitt said Manly will announce the resigning of the Trbojevick bros tomorrow, but made no mention of any other signings. I'm still holding out hope that the Titans will land LG's signature. Surely ...

Mexican titan
27-04-15, 09:37 PM
In her news segment on the Matty Johns Show, Lara Pitt said Manly will announce the resigning of the Trbojevick bros tomorrow, but made no mention of any other signings. I'm still holding out hope that the Titans will land LG's signature. Surely ...

In TitansFan92 I trust.
I hope.

Titan4Life
27-04-15, 09:38 PM
Will be keeping my eyes on the news tomorrow especially around 10am when Manly are apparently announcing a few re-signings and signings.

DavidBouveng
27-04-15, 09:43 PM
mathiou and crew better be working those phones and not sleeping until this is fixed.

even if we paid him 400k....there is not better option for that price. he may not have 'earnt it', but if that's what it takes...he is as important to our future as a club as DCE but for different reasons.

DCE for immediate relevance and cred, sponsor support and crowds, as well as improved team performance of course...and LG brings a sense of locality and beeding our own. someone who grew up just down the road and made it to the top. giving kids and locals someone to look up to, barrack for and aspire to be.

it looks grim... but we have a few days.

TitansFan92
27-04-15, 11:07 PM
Holy **** I go out for dinner and I get attacked by private message.

TO MY KNOWLEDGE KANE ELGEY HAS NOT SIGNED FOR ANYONE YET.

Show and Go
28-04-15, 06:10 AM
It is a massive massive blunder if we've let Elgey sign with Manly. Keeping guys like him is how you build a club. It is a disaster IMO. Now we will sign some crappy player like Norman or have Mortimer in the halves. The same cycle over and over again. Sign crappy players from elsewhere and lose quality kids who should be developed into faces of the club.

DavidBouveng
28-04-15, 07:05 AM
he hasnt signed, but agreed to terms, and is likely to commit over next day or three.

so there is wiggle room if we can get our backside into gear.

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 07:17 AM
he hasnt signed, but agreed to terms, and is likely to commit over next day or three.

so there is wiggle room if we can get our backside into gear.

The backlash on Titans social media has been mind-blowing and this is just speculation..if/when it is announced then all hell will break loose.

Someone on there is claiming we offered him 450k. I tend to think this is incorrect.

shamus
28-04-15, 08:11 AM
Oh dear, if only Mortimer had not got himself injured.........

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 08:48 AM
The backlash on Titans social media has been mind-blowing and this is just speculation..if/when it is announced then all hell will break loose.

Someone on there is claiming we offered him 450k. I tend to think this is incorrect.

I heard on 4BC just then that Manly are expected to announce Elgey's signing this morning so I expect hell then.
I don't like it if it happens and of course we need to keep local juniors however as I have said above, you've got to have an upper limit. Manly can develop him for two years then we'll take him back.
Trying to see a rational side - we might be losing a halfback but we are getting a much better one aren't we? The 5/8 position is a problem but who knows who we might recruit. I am more relaxed about this than others. I might not like it but we cannot sell the farm for one player.

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 09:07 AM
We aren't the first club this has happened too. Wishful thinking he pulls the homesick excuse and pulls out mid year. Is Christian Hazards ankle good to go?

ozynorts
28-04-15, 09:09 AM
I might not like it but we cannot sell the farm for one player.

Especially when the farm is mortgaged to the hilt on the other half we signed that has nothing to report on his contract.

K2G
28-04-15, 09:25 AM
I would encourage members to email the club their thoughts on this issue as I have.

We have until round 13 to prevent the club from taking a giant backwards step.

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 09:29 AM
And now Myles is putting the boot in too....

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nate-myles-says-he-was-shocked-to-receive-a-test-call-up-as-he-continues-contract-talk-with-the-titans/story-fndv2zxt-1227323610742

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 09:38 AM
Emails for the individual staff are also available by [firstname][firstletteroflastname]@titans.com.au

E.g. jamiem@titans.com.au

- - - Updated - - -

Just read the article in the Courier Mail. Said that Kane hasn't signed anywhere and Titans have one more chance to match Manly's offer which is still significantly more, despite the fact that we increased our offer last week. Money talks I guess

Toads
28-04-15, 09:52 AM
Good luck to him, to whatever Kane decides on. At the end of the day it's just great to see a another Coast lad hit the big time. No doubt it'd be fantastic if he stays. But with all of us, we got to make these career choices at times that we seem to think would be best for us. I hope he ends up being happy with whatever Club he chooses to represent. :)

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 09:55 AM
Best article I've read so far.... Even puts reiterates how sh!t Carty was.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2015-titans-halfback-kane-elgey-likely-to-join-sea-eagles/story-fndv2zxt-1227324314451

Toads
28-04-15, 09:58 AM
Best article I've read so far.... Even puts reiterates how sh!t Carty was.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2015-titans-halfback-kane-elgey-likely-to-join-sea-eagles/story-fndv2zxt-1227324314451

The most frustrating aspect of the Elgey negotiations is the club’s previous coach John Cartwright didn’t even want to keep him on their books for this season. :doh:

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 10:04 AM
So the 10 o'clock news from Manly is about re-signing Gutherson and the Trbojevic brothers. nothing regarding Elgey. Another couple of days of sweating beads.

Thank God the boss is away today.

toddythetitan
28-04-15, 10:10 AM
THE Gold Coast Titans are on the verge of losing their best young player with Kane Elgey close to joining Manly for the opportunity to learn from Andrew Johns.

Elgey’s manager Tas Bartlett saidhis client was still undecided about his future and denied reports he had already penned a two-year deal with the Sea Eagles.

“Nothing has been done with Kane,” Bartlett said.

However, the Titans will need to make one final increase to their offer in order to keep the 21-year-old half on the tourist strip.

Barry Dick: NRL players are looking like sooks

Other Stories

Rate the Premier from 1 to 10

Anatomy of a car parking disaster

Can’t see the jobs for the woods

Myles shocked by Test selection

Kane Elgey

If they lose the former Australian Schoolboy they will only have Daniel Mortimer signed to partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves next season.

Elgey had set himself a personal deadline of today to decide his future and it is understood he is leaning towards moving to Sydney’s northern beaches.

The lure of being tutored by Manly assistant Johns is key in Elgey’s potential move away from the Gold Coast.

Elgey has told the Titans he wants to stay on the Gold Coast but Manly’s offer is significantly higher than his current club can offer, even though they increased their contract last week.

The Titans were last week confident of securing Elgey’s signature.

Kane Elgey at Titans training. Picture: David Clark

They have already lost Aidan Sezer to the Canberra Raiders while Nate Myles has voiced frustration over the Titans’ stalling his contract negotiations.

Manly are also negotiating to sign Myles.

Titans star centre James Roberts is also off contract and deserves a significant upgrade while the round 13 deadline that will secure Cherry-Evans remains six weeks away.

The most frustrating aspect of the Elgey negotiations is the club’s previous coach John Cartwright didn’t even want to keep him on their books for this season.

Titans coach Neil Henry rushed in a last minute one year deal to keep him but the club should have recognised his talent last year and wrapped him up long term before he debuted in the NRL.

Kane Elgey in action for the Titans against Penrith in Round 7.

Coach Neil Henry said earlier this month that Elgey was a priority re-signing.

“He is a local junior and we would like him to stay and we have made a very competitive offer,” he said following their win over Parramatta.

Elgey has been a star in each of the Titans three consecutive wins.

While he was the NYC player of the year last season, even Titans officials have been shocked by how well he has handled the step up to the NRL.

He outplayed Golden Boot winner Shaun Johnson in the Titans’ victory over the Warriors last week.

Manly are set to announce the re-signing of young stars Jake and Tom Trbojevic.

Mr Stupid
28-04-15, 10:13 AM
So the 10 o'clock news from Manly is about re-signing Gutherson and the Trbojevic brothers. nothing regarding Elgey. Another couple of days of sweating beads.

Thank God the boss is away today.

How do you follow these events so quickly JB?

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 10:19 AM
Hopefully he sees the light and thinks pairing with the future QLD and Australian Halfback will give him more of a chance of making rep sides in the future rather than going to Manly with an unknown pairing at this stage. That's gotta be worth a few dollars sacrificed now.

If the Titans have cap in reserve now could they possibly upgrade this years contract to balance out the next two years a little more?

- - - Updated - - -

How do you follow these events so quickly JB?

I am literally doing nothing at work. The place could be burning down around me for all I know at the moment.

Davis13
28-04-15, 10:36 AM
Moley tweeting its a done deal elgey has signed.... Fooork sake furious.

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 10:40 AM
Unless he has made a choice in the last 10 mins then The Mole is wrong.

Smakked
28-04-15, 10:40 AM
Yeah just saw Moleys tweet, FFS stuck with MOrtimer next year

Edit: TitansFan throws up some hope

Titanic
28-04-15, 10:42 AM
I am literally doing nothing at work. The place could be burning down around me for all I know at the moment.
Right, that's it ... I could take your brief outages from your job because we are both Titans fans ... but that's it!!!

See me in my office tomorrow morning at 9am.

signed YOUR BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toads
28-04-15, 10:46 AM
Hopefully he sees the light and thinks pairing with the future QLD and Australian Halfback will give him more of a chance of making rep sides in the future rather than going to Manly with an unknown pairing at this stage.

This.. As good as Johns was in his day, I tend to think he'd have less to offer than what DCE has, this present day. As it was Johns was meant to be a mentor for some of our lads a couple of years back 'n that done zip for us. So for mine, waving the Andrew Johns card doesn't carry much weight, just journo's trying to give their articles some gumption..

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 10:47 AM
Ok so Moley just got a bit angry at me.

But if this price is true we are kidding ourselves...

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/elgey-signs-manly/

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 10:49 AM
There are people on here that I have told who I am and they are people who need to know. So I can be trusted.

Elgey and his Manager were in a meeting with Henry and Mathiou since 9am and only just ended 15 mins ago. So he hasn't not signed anywhere as yet to my knowledge. Manlys offer is ridiculous and wouldn't blame him if he took is because he wouldn't be on that money at the Titans for a few years at least.

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 10:49 AM
Right, that's it ... I could take your brief outages from your job because we are both Titans fans ... but that's it!!!

See me in my office tomorrow morning at 9am.

signed YOUR BOSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't be my boss, you won't be in till 11:30.

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 10:50 AM
Ok so Moley just got a bit angry at me.

But if this price is true we are kidding ourselves...

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/elgey-signs-manly/

600k over 2 years = 300k per year, that's definitely achievable is it not? Or has the article worded it funny?

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 10:53 AM
@dominiqueloudon: Kane Elgey denies reports he's about to sign with Manly: "I haven't done anything" @9NewsGoldCoast @9NewsBrisbane http://t.co/OYj7LbDUdD

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 10:54 AM
There are people on here that I have told who I am and they are people who need to know. So I can be trusted.

Elgey and his Manager were in a meeting with Henry and Mathiou since 9am and only just ended 15 mins ago. So he hasn't not signed anywhere as yet to my knowledge. Manlys offer is ridiculous and wouldn't blame him if he took is because he wouldn't be on that money at the Titans for a few years at least.

How can he be in a meeting with Mathiou and his manager when he is currently out dragon boating?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDo8DpNWoAIspoW.jpg:large

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 10:54 AM
600k over 2 years = 300k per year, that's definitely achievable is it not? Or has the article worded it funny?

That's the way I read it. Seems reasonable but how good is the info as usual. It doesn't help when those figures get thrown around cause all it will do is incite anger among Titans fans.

Toads
28-04-15, 10:56 AM
300k a year seems quite reasonable, 400k (at this stage) would be a bit of a stretch, but if he proved his worth over 12 months he could ask for it then.

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 10:57 AM
That's the way I read it. Seems reasonable but how good is the info as usual. It doesn't help when those figures get thrown around cause all it will do is incite anger among Titans fans.

I hope the Titans aren't sweetening the deal with promises of boats, that didn't bode well for the Storm.

TitansFan92
How can he be in a meeting with Mathiou and his manager when he is currently out dragon boating?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDo8DpNWoAIspoW.jpg:large

Only saying what I was told by other people. I did not physically see him in a meeting. May have just been his Manager. I shall knock some heads together and find out.

Bayside Titan

Mate. Thank you for your updates

Just wondering tho could someone throw in a Third Party deal to him???

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 11:01 AM
Only saying what I was told by other people. I did not physically see him in a meeting. May have just been his Manager. I shall knock some heads together and find out.

Haha no worries I'm only playing

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Garry ‏@Tiger_CMail
Titans chief Graham Annesley says they spoke to Kane Elgey yesterday but have not heard back from him. Unaware of a manly deal being signed.

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 11:06 AM
Mate. Thank you for your updates

Just wondering tho could someone throw in a Third Party deal to him???

I would throw a Third Party deal at him if I could but you know why I can't do that. I am not in the office today. Have to be at my own business today but I will be doing everything I can to get him to stay.

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 11:07 AM
Now Moley is saying Myles is gone too.

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 11:07 AM
Haha no worries I'm only playing

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Garry ‏@Tiger_CMail
Titans chief Graham Annesley says they spoke to Kane Elgey yesterday but have not heard back from him. Unaware of a manly deal being signed.

It was just his Manager in the meeting. I read the message wrong. Guess that's what happens when you wake up to all hell braking loose.

Toads
28-04-15, 11:10 AM
Just don't go letting Pete do any dealings. He only does deals in cans of Coke 'n packets of Chips.. :p

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 11:12 AM
Also Moley saying that Myles is gone as well.

I remembered something that I said a while back , and that was there will be some choices or decisions that the club will make that I won't like but I have to trust that Graham, Neil and Jamie know what they are doing. If we loose both LG and Myles this will be one of those days.

Just hope that the recruitment guys have some more rabbits to pull out of the hat going forward.

Smakked
28-04-15, 11:15 AM
Whos next in line if LG goes, sureley we wont be stuck with mortimer?

Toads
28-04-15, 11:16 AM
I'd be quite surprised if Myles has already signed. Just doesn't seem like the thing to do while away doing Rep footy. Unless he's out to send stern/disgruntled message to the Titans. I could be wrong.. *shrugs*

Hail Sezer
28-04-15, 11:16 AM

We'll recruit along the lines of our youth policy. Have already signed Karl Lawton from U20's as well.

I hope we have a plan in place because we can't become complacent if we do lose Kane. We need to be super aggressive in the player market.

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 11:21 AM

I would look at Jamal Fogerty. Probably just as good as LG. Maybe Pete or HS can expand on him.

Or Moses Mybe he wants to play 5/8. Haven't watched him play too much.

Smakked
28-04-15, 11:22 AM
Well at least we have options.
I think we have to trust Henry and let him do his thing.

Titanic
28-04-15, 11:23 AM
This is where being owned by the NRL has its downside ... instead of having owners who can step in and do 3rd party deals, we have owners who can't get involved for very obvious reasons ... this is very much a 'suck and see' situation.

Titanic Believer
28-04-15, 11:41 AM
Well at least we have options.
I think we have to trust Henry and let him do his thing.

This I agree with. Lg may go on to be a superstar but if DCE comes we have a player coming into his prime. There is always another "next big thing" coming along. Taylor from the Broncos or someone similar. It is up to the coach and recruiters who know the big picture to get the balance right. Not just for next year but ongoing. They know the restraints. We would all be p****d if we got a player paid overs, not producing and locked in for 5 years.

This is all very distracting I have an Uni assessment due in a few days I haven't started......

Titanic
28-04-15, 11:58 AM
This is all very distracting I have an Uni assessment due in a few days I haven't started......
Couldn't agree more: I am preparing to take the Minister to the US on Sunday; have a start-up internship company ready to roll; launching a high-performance sports centre project on Thursday; and break ground on a new international 'super school' campus on Friday but Titans recruitment seems more problematic than all these put together.

5 Year Contract
28-04-15, 12:03 PM
How did we **** this one up if its true. 2 steps forward 10 steps back as usual for us if this turns out to be true.

Mr Stupid
28-04-15, 12:50 PM
Couldn't agree more: I am preparing to take the Minister to the US on Sunday; have a start-up internship company ready to roll; launching a high-performance sports centre project on Thursday; and break ground on a new international 'super school' campus on Friday but Titans recruitment seems more problematic than all these put together.

I've got a lot on too...a hair appointment then Centrelink. Damn you Kane Elgey!!!!

JunctionBlock
28-04-15, 12:55 PM
I've got a lot on too...a hair appointment then Centrelink. Damn you Kane Elgey!!!!

A hair dresser in Byron Bay? Lies!!!!!

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 01:35 PM

So can anyone on here actually confirm / deny this please?

I am a bit sceptical re your posts personally...they seem to conflict with everything else we've been hearing out there for the past day or two.

Mexican titan
28-04-15, 02:00 PM

I am a bit sceptical re your posts personally...they seem to conflict with everything else we've been hearing out there for the past day or two.

TitansFan92 can speak for himself but I know of him and he is in a good position to know what's going on. If you read back through his posts on the various threads you would get a pretty good picture of where he is coming from.
Actually in relation to the Elgey situation which is what you are obviously referring to TF92 has not been far from the money. Just this morning people were convinced Manly were about to announce his signing but TF92 stated that there was a meeting taking place. The fact that Manly did not announce his signing shows that things are still up in the air. That said, when Manager's, players, and more importantly money, are involved, then things will move quickly.
We will win some and lose some.

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 02:22 PM
thanks for clearing that up MT.

rj62
28-04-15, 02:27 PM
300k a year seems quite reasonable, 400k (at this stage) would be a bit of a stretch, but if he proved his worth over 12 months he could ask for it then.

I agree. I'd rather pay him that than stump up more for Norman ...

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 03:18 PM

I guess the reason my info is different from everything else is because I am getting it 1st hand unlike the media whos source is a mate who knows a guy whos uncle knows a bloke whos father works at such and such. Just saying.

ozynorts
28-04-15, 03:29 PM
I guess the reason my info is different from everything else is because I am getting it 1st hand unlike the media whos source is a mate who knows a guy whos uncle knows a bloke whos father works at such and such. Just saying.

I think the reason some are questioning your info is we had a user on here last year that "claimed" to have inside info who turned out to be full of crapola.
I myself am happy to keep getting your info and am hoping that it is on the money.

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 03:36 PM
I think the reason some are questioning your info is we had a user on here last year that "claimed" to have inside info who turned out to be full of crapola.
I myself am happy to keep getting your info and am hoping that it is on the money.

I don't mind people questioning me which is why certain people on the forum know who I am. MT being one. Once plans in the works become reality I will tell everyone who I am.

teke
28-04-15, 03:40 PM
I don't mind people questioning me which is why certain people on the forum know who I am. MT being one. Once plans in the works become reality I will tell everyone who I am.lol, I'm dying with anticipation

Titanic
28-04-15, 03:40 PM
Okay lads, put your money where your mouths are ... here is a petition for Elgey off the Titans fb page: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keep-kane-elgey-on-the-coast

ozynorts
28-04-15, 03:51 PM
signed..........................

Stalks
28-04-15, 03:55 PM
Signed! Let's hope it gets slid under LG's nose before it's too late!

Tamwelg
28-04-15, 04:21 PM
@badel_cmail: Breaking: kane elgey rejects manly to stay at the titans. Good news for gold coast fans

K2G
28-04-15, 04:22 PM
@badel_cmail: Breaking: kane elgey rejects manly to stay at the titans. Good news for gold coast fans

best.thing.ever.

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 04:24 PM

gotitans101_
28-04-15, 04:29 PM
omg yes!!!!

Tamwelg
28-04-15, 04:31 PM

Umm.... Me thinks you did not read before posting :)

Bayside Titan
28-04-15, 04:34 PM
Umm.... Me thinks you did not read before posting :)

Probably posting it at the same time mate. Just remove it. Good to see you. It's been a while.

TitansFan92
28-04-15, 04:37 PM
Great news. 1 down 2 to go in Myles and Roberts

Tamwelg
28-04-15, 04:45 PM
Probably posting it at the same time mate. Just remove it. Good to see you. It's been a while.

Hey mate. There more that share the better. No need to change or delete. I've still been lurking. Had s lot to clean up in the back end over the past few months after our host migrated us to another server and motivation and skate time have been low. I won't discuss too much about it in this thread.

Everyone needs to remember Badel is another journalist. No confirmation either way yet.

Surfers66
28-04-15, 04:48 PM
Yewwwwwwwwww. On ya Kane.

K2G
28-04-15, 04:50 PM
looks pretty official to me...

@GCTitans: BREAKING NEWS: Kane Elgey has agreed to stay with the club on a 2 yr deal. More details to come #ThruNThru

https://twitter.com/GCTitans/status/592941032108527616