PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Squad Signings and Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Squinter98
10-04-15, 06:08 PM
I am a massive fan of Alex Glenn and to see him in Gold Coast colours would be pretty exciting imo. While I'm praying that LG resigns I wouldn't be displeased if we signed Norman if worse comes to worst,

Titan4Life
10-04-15, 06:15 PM
Parramatta’s Darcy Lussick linked with Gold Coast Titans switch
Christian Nicolussi The Daily Telegraph
April 10, 2015 6:00PM

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2015/04/10/1227298/997456-0c8be5fa-df49-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg

THERE’S every chance hard-running forward Darcy Lussick could be coming up against some of his future teammates on Saturday when Parramatta host the Gold Coast.

Lussick comes off contract at the end of the year, and just happens to be good mates with Titans’ high-profile recruit Daly Cherry-Evans.

In fact, Lussick and Cherry-Evans have spoken several times in recent weeks, but City forward Lussick said not once had the conversation turned to him joining his mate on the holiday strip in 2016.

As Parramatta make Will Hopoate and Chris Sandow their top recruitment priorities — Hopoate is expected to agree to a new deal as early as next week — Lussick’s management are happy to give the Eels first right of refusal.

Lussick enjoys playing under coach Brad Arthur, and said he deliberately held off any contract talks until he got the first five rounds of this season out of the way.

If all goes to plan, Lussick said he hoped to have his future sorted “in the next two or three weeks’’.

“I’ve got a couple of options at the moment, and I’m just trying to work through that now,’’ Lussick said.

“I’ll sit down with my manager, and hope to have it all sorted in the next two or three weeks.

“My manager (Wayne Beavis) left me alone so I could try and started the year on a really good note, and I think I’ve started well.’’

Asked about the Titans and Cherry-Evans, Lussick said: “I am good mates with Daly, I’ve talked to him a bit since he’s signed, but not once has he ever said anything to me about (joining him). I played in the twenties with him, I played a bit with him at Manly, he’s a top bloke, one of my goodmates, so we’ll see what happens.’’

The Sea Eagles are another club desperate for a decent forward, and would benefit from welcoming back one of their local juniors.

Lussick was a real standout when Parramatta clashed with Manly in the opening round this season.

The Eels will be desperate to bounce back into the winner’s circle after showing promise in their wins against the Sea Eagles and Souths, only to follow up both wins with losses.

“We need to find some consistency. We have a really good week, then the next week we’re not, and we need to bounce back (Saturday),’’ Lussick said.

“I thought the Titans were good in patches last week (against Brisbane), and they’ll be coming down with a point to prove.’’

Sandow will be an interesting one for the Eels. While Parramatta want him to stay, they’re not expected to offer him the same sort of money that lured him out west in the first place.

The cheeky half-back has slimmed down and responded to Arthur’s coaching.

Newcastle Knights’ Beau Scott to join Parramatta Eels on three-year deal

The news on Scott will make up for the disappointment that hard-running forward Darcy Lussick is likely to be headed to the Gold Coast Titans next year.

Lussick comes off contract at the end of the year, and just happens to be good mates with Titans’ high-profile recruit Daly Cherry-Evans.

In fact, Lussick and Cherry-Evans have spoken several times in recent weeks, but City forward Lussick said not once had the conversation turned to him joining his mate on the holiday strip in 2016.

Geeman
10-04-15, 06:35 PM
Lussick? Absolutely not!!! Undisciplined meathead that can't make it through a season without getting suspended for some form of fighting/dangerous contact. We need him like we need Russell Packer.

Titan4Life
10-04-15, 07:18 PM
Gagai just re-signed with Knights: http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/gagai-extends-knights-stay-17019/

:(

Mexican titan
10-04-15, 07:39 PM
Lussick? Absolutely not!!! Undisciplined meathead that can't make it through a season without getting suspended for some form of fighting/dangerous contact. We need him like we need Russell Packer.

I followed him closely during his manly days and since. He is a complete thug and cheap shot merchant. A dog of a bloke. No way.

JunctionBlock
10-04-15, 08:23 PM
Ask any Manly supporter about Lussick. Teke would be giving it to us if we signed him.

gotitans101_
10-04-15, 08:38 PM
Surely we aren't dumb enough to go this route again are we?

DavidBouveng
10-04-15, 08:55 PM
yeah i cant see Lussick working out. his rage is too much to hande. makes James look like a scholar and a refined gentleman.

Gagai a blow. but good on knights for keeping him. good talent.

I have said i wouldnt take bris rejects like Thaiday, but he is playing out of his skin atm and i would trade him for a large foreheaded prop we currently have in a flash.

TitansFan92
10-04-15, 09:07 PM
Changed my mind I want Maloney

Titan4Life
10-04-15, 09:58 PM
Changed my mind I want Maloney

Maloney had an absolute shocker tonight and is requesting $700,000! Add to that the fact that he probably wants to stay in Sydney as he has settled there.

My target would be Norman if we can get him. That's only if Elgey leaves which he hopefully doesn't.

DavidBouveng
10-04-15, 10:31 PM
Yeah Norman may be the best option if we lost Elgey. Unfortunately, Norman has had at least one 'incident' out on the piss, and it was with a emerging titans player no less...so we need to be sure of his personal qualities before we sign him up.

the people involved might feel aggrieved, but when we are talking about hundreds of thousands of doll hairs, people need to move on. Much bigger names, with much bigger issues (think manly last year for example) have played together and got with it so we need to also.

That having been said...im prepared to look past a drunken incident as a one off, but if the incident is apart of a wider issue, such as the guy being a complete tool...then thats not going to work if we are have ongoing personal issues.

and on his actual ability...i think he has been doing plenty of good stuff for eels, and where Sezer has potential...Norman has been delivering. running a team while sandow bobs about, kicking long, kicking really well for repeat sets, good vision with ball in hand. i think he is really undervalued tbh.

unless he is a total cabbage.

Titan4Life
10-04-15, 10:38 PM
Can someone explain this whole Norman bad boy thing to me? He seriously seems like a nice bloke and just bought his mum a house/apartment on the Goldy.

Norman is not a legendary player but would be a good buy if the unfortunate happens and Elgey leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if Elgey is a loyal fella? Seems like the club is not going to match Manly's offer and will play the loyalty card.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/27047190/titans-battle-to-re-sign-elgey/?cmp=twitter

DavidBouveng
10-04-15, 10:43 PM
dont play chicken with the future Neil. not when we are fresh out of options.

players (and managers these days )are likely to just pack the bags and go if you dare them to do so...petero going to panthers ring any bells?

TitansFan92
10-04-15, 10:51 PM
Can someone explain this whole Norman bad boy thing to me? He seriously seems like a nice bloke and just bought his mum a house/apartment on the Goldy.

Norman is not a legendary player but would be a good buy if the unfortunate happens and Elgey leaves.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know if Elgey is a loyal fella? Seems like the club is not going to match Manly's offer and will play the loyalty card.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/27047190/titans-battle-to-re-sign-elgey/?cmp=twitter

Loyalty goes out the window when money is involved. I don't see the club matching Manlys offer simply because it is not worth it for imo an unproven player at NRL level. Yes he was great in u20's but NRL is a whole other level. He hasn't shown anything fantastic to warrant the money Manly is offering so its there stupidity imo.

teke
10-04-15, 11:22 PM
Loyalty goes out the window when money is involved. I don't see the club matching Manlys offer simply because it is not worth it for imo an unproven player at NRL level. Yes he was great in u20's but NRL is a whole other level. He hasn't shown anything fantastic to warrant the money Manly is offering so its there stupidity imo.yesterday it was Elgey would be an idiot to leave and now manly are stupid for a good offering

The Mole
10-04-15, 11:32 PM
That's quite stupid from Henry to play that loyalty card to Elgey. So what, Elgey is a mercenary for taking a better offer from another club. People who say players aren't loyal these days are ignorant, back in the old days players were part time footballers, they had jobs and majority of the clubs were Sydney based. Ever since Rugby League became full time and expanded beyond Sydney we've seen less and less one clubs players. The salary cap also a big factor in players moving on. Loyalty to your club doesn't mean **** all, at the end of the day players only think about money and playing opportunity and so they should. Rugby League is their livelihood, it puts food on the table, they don't get to play forever. Loyalty is only afforded to players with exceptional talent.

Elgey is getting a better pay and a starting position at Manly. Instead of playing the loyalty card Neil, give the spot to him and offer a contract his worth. You don't need to overpay, I'm sure the biggest thing Kane wants is opportunity. If Elgey leaves will Henry drop him because he is a mercenary, who did we sign again oh that's right DCE. Was DCE loyal? No, so is DCE a mercenary Neil? How about Sezer?

The club shouldn't cry spilt milk when they should of re-signed the reigning NYC (POTY) and their most promising junior beyond a one year deal. Seriously he was coming off contract in the year where halves were going to be sought after the most.

Titanic
10-04-15, 11:53 PM
Totally agree that the club should have signed him for longer than 1 year but maybe that's all he was prepared to sign for or maybe we had no future at that time and everybody was shy … doesn't matter, right now the club must sign him for a multitude of reasons but mostly because we need him.

Hail Sezer
11-04-15, 08:21 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not going to explain it but you can either take my word for it or not

If LG leaves and Norman can be granted a release then yes, he would be our best option. But let's not forget he is on 400k at the Eels currently and wouldn't leave for anything less. We couldn't offer Sezer something in that region so I'm not sure we would offer Norman it either

Titanic Believer
11-04-15, 09:02 AM
It seems that in rebuilding a team it is necessary to have some experienced players on deserved high wages and a mix of up and coming younger players with talent but being unproved, not on the big bucks. It makes it hard if these players jump straight to the big money.. We have talked about not taking care of our juniors, I wonder how many are established first graders in other clubs? By the way, I appreciate the insights you guys have being closer to the nitty gritty of team activities....on the record I would love to see LG playing with us next year but it is hard to justify what's being offered. Is he that good?...

RenegadeGC
11-04-15, 12:08 PM
Well good news for us.. Wicks re-signed with Parra lol.

TitansFan92
11-04-15, 12:13 PM
yesterday it was Elgey would be an idiot to leave and now manly are stupid for a good offering

Elgey is an idiot if he leaves the club. Here he will get to play along side one of the best players in the game. Whats he going to get at Manly a dysfunctional team with a coach that no one wants to play for. Manly are stupid for how much they are offering him just goes to show how desperate they are because no one wants to play for them.

Jase Winnie
11-04-15, 12:34 PM
Elgey is an idiot if he leaves the club. Here he will get to play along side one of the best players in the game. Whats he going to get at Manly a dysfunctional team with a coach that no one wants to play for. Manly are stupid for how much they are offering him just goes to show how desperate they are because no one wants to play for them.
Wake up you dribbler. Manly basket case please, how many name changes Giants, seagulls, chargers or legend players gone to **** there king wally, shearer, Gibbs, mat Rogers. your club is the joke we will rebuild and win more comps gold coast will go broke and ruin careers.
You got lucky with dce club is a joke, deal with dodgy car dealer sounds like gold coast. Kidding bagging manly look at your own backyard and have history what did club do for king wally career?

DavidBouveng
11-04-15, 01:04 PM
I'm not going to explain it but you can either take my word for it or not

If LG leaves and Norman can be granted a release then yes, he would be our best option. But let's not forget he is on 400k at the Eels currently and wouldn't leave for anything less. We couldn't offer Sezer something in that region so I'm not sure we would offer Norman it either

I saw that we offered sezer 300k.... i think that's about right.Canberra need to pay overs to attract players so im glad we didnt try and match it. if we paid / offered any more then i think it would be irresponsible.

i think Norman wi take whats out there.. i dont think he will have any white knights offering 450k again, but i could handle 350k or so. he is def more established than sezer, and is a local logan guy.

We still need to look into the character stuff though of course.

Squinter98
11-04-15, 01:05 PM
Wake up you dribbler. Manly basket case please, how many name changes Giants, seagulls, chargers or legend players gone to **** there king wally, shearer, Gibbs, mat Rogers. your club is the joke we will rebuild and win more comps gold coast will go broke and ruin careers.
You got lucky with dce club is a joke, deal with dodgy car dealer sounds like gold coast. Kidding bagging manly look at your own backyard and have history what did club do for king wally career?

lol

TitansFan92
11-04-15, 01:08 PM

I think I hit a nerve :rolf:

toddythetitan
11-04-15, 01:17 PM
Just saw in the courier that we are likely to sign darcy lussick !

TitansFan92
11-04-15, 01:20 PM

That will be a step in the wrong direction for the club imo. Guy has no discipline.

DavidBouveng
11-04-15, 01:33 PM

i didnt think it said 'likely'

toddythetitan
11-04-15, 02:22 PM
Likely was the word used david

Bayside Titan
11-04-15, 03:36 PM
This is all I could find I the article about his links to us.

"THERE’S every chance hard-running forward Darcy Lussick could be coming up against some of his future teammates on Saturday when Parramatta host the Gold Coast."

And there is every chance I could drink quite abit tonight both may not eventuate. I'm surprised we aren't link to DCE barista!!! There is every chance we could sign anyone in the NRL as well. Articles like this are a waste of paper.

DavidBouveng
11-04-15, 03:45 PM
Likely was the word used david

your right it did say Likely. different article, my error.

Julius Sezer
11-04-15, 05:26 PM
get back albert kelly asap!!!!

Hail Sezer
11-04-15, 05:27 PM
get back albert kelly asap!!!!

Good to see you bro, where you been?

Titanic Believer
11-04-15, 05:32 PM
Kelly and Roberts together. the opposition will be afraid to throw a pass near them....

JunctionBlock
11-04-15, 05:37 PM
So do we have until Round 13 to change Sezers mind? Wouldn't be the first time Sticky has been left high and dry. Surely we can find $500k for him rather than Norman? Brilliant game today.

Mexican titan
11-04-15, 06:21 PM

If he is suggesting albert kelly - then stay away!! No of course welcome back, but please no kelly.

- - - Updated - - -

So do we have until Round 13 to change Sezers mind? Wouldn't be the first time Sticky has been left high and dry. Surely we can find $500k for him rather than Norman? Brilliant game today.

Yep credit where it's due, he was excellent today.

- - - Updated - - -

You struck a nerve with me as well but that was a mong response from our old manly mate. I just left it alone!

- - - Updated - - -

You struck a nerve with me as well but that was a mong response from our old manly mate. I just left it alone!

teke
11-04-15, 06:22 PM
Sezer has improved the Titans a lot being on the right side. His natural side to pass, gives roberts n mead the room to do what they do best.

Book your finals tickets now, if this team stays healthy that's where they are headed

GCTTSD
11-04-15, 06:22 PM
If we lose elgey we have to go for norman

Titan4Life
11-04-15, 06:24 PM
Sezer has improved the Titans a lot being on the right side. His natural side to pass, gives roberts n mead the room to do what they do best.

Book your finals tickets now, if this team stays healthy that's where they are headed

Just think of the DCE and Roberts combination next year. Mouthwatering :drool:

teke
11-04-15, 06:29 PM
Just think of the DCE and Roberts combination next year. Mouthwatering :drool:bro I'm gonna punch u,

But yes I know what u mean lol

DavidBouveng
11-04-15, 07:34 PM
yeah sezer played well today. not 10/10 but a good solid game.

moving to the right has helped, but his decision to actually pass the ball early into space for Roberts to run onto and blaze his opponent is helping also.

If he played like that all year, then he might be worth the 500k.

Still think a few of LG's touches in the last 15 were a subtle hint at what he cant do. that ball to taylor we havent seen since early days scott prince.

his no look inside pass which should have been a fall over try was so sweet it even fooled his own player.

JunctionBlock
11-04-15, 07:35 PM

Scanning this for sarcasm..... inconclusive.

Titanic
11-04-15, 08:16 PM
Alright own up … teke or MT? … funniest thing since some bloke shouted at me over the fence in a Foley Shield match in Isa years ago to "get off him, he's not your mother" … please visit us again :)

teke
11-04-15, 08:22 PM
Scanning this for sarcasm..... inconclusive.Im surprised you havnt added "Titans will def be finals bound". It's your style to run off my lead

K2G
11-04-15, 08:38 PM
Still think a few of LG's touches in the last 15 were a subtle hint at what he cant do. that ball to taylor we havent seen since early days scott prince. his no look inside pass which should have been a fall over try was so sweet it even fooled his own player.

This. This so hard. Sitting about 10 rows back, perfectly side-on to those two sweet touches as they unfolded on-field was quietly electrifying. LG had an average game, but he still showed plenty of win for whichever club gets him in the end.

Mexican titan
11-04-15, 08:40 PM
Alright own up … teke or MT? … funniest thing since some bloke shouted at me over the fence in a Foley Shield match in Isa years ago to "get off him, he's not your mother" … please visit us again :)

I'm innocent. Funny when he said matty Rogers went to sh1t here. One of the best the Titans have had.

Toads
11-04-15, 08:41 PM
Scanning this for sarcasm..... inconclusive.

My detector has all the buzz 'n whistles going right off.. :p

TitansFan92
11-04-15, 08:52 PM

I knew I would strike a nerve with our Manly supporting friends in the forum but a little banter never hurt anyone. I didn't expect someone to go off like that though I almost fell off my chair laughing.

teke
11-04-15, 08:55 PM
I'm innocent. Funny when he said matty Rogers went to sh1t here. One of the best the Titans have had.im innocent aswell, I don't need an alias to call the dribbler out :)

TITAN PETE
11-04-15, 09:40 PM

His IP address says he should be a Bulldog supporter, lives in Belmore :shire:

Titanic
11-04-15, 09:53 PM
Say no more ……..

Mexican titan
11-04-15, 09:54 PM

If he is Manly supporter and has to live in Bellamore he has struck out badly. Every right to be bitter.

Titan4Life
12-04-15, 04:20 PM
Don't know how true it is but a guy on FB apparently knows a Titans club official and said that Maloney and Norman have both been seen at the Titans club headquarters during the week. He also said that Roberts will be re-signed later in the week. Won't believe these rumours until they are confirmed.

TITAN PETE
12-04-15, 04:36 PM
Don't know how true it is but a guy on FB apparently knows a Titans club official and said that Maloney and Norman have both been seen at the Titans club headquarters during the week. He also said that Roberts will be re-signed later in the week. Won't believe these rumours until they are confirmed.

We are also in talks with Sam Burgess ...he said that she said

Titan4Life
12-04-15, 04:38 PM
We are also in talks with Sam Burgess ...he said that she said

Yeah I'm not believing any of it. Just sharing.

lonegull
12-04-15, 04:45 PM

They may have been paying there rates or making a complaint if they were at Titans headquarters at the council offices

Hail Sezer
12-04-15, 04:55 PM
Another Facebook page reporting the Tapau is coming our way. Do they literally just make this stuff up for lols?

Titan4Life
12-04-15, 04:57 PM
Another Facebook page reporting the Tapau is coming our way. Do they literally just make this stuff up for lols?

Can't believe anything these days. It's bloody annoying actually because you get your hopes up and then common sense kicks in.

Hail Sezer
12-04-15, 06:11 PM
Nate Myles on his future

https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-nrl/nate-myles-on-sunday-triple-m-nrl

toddythetitan
12-04-15, 06:21 PM
Is that martin tapau from tigers?

Julius Sezer
12-04-15, 07:02 PM

lad just havent been online during off season but i have been reading everyone posts for the past month or so. Braah we both need name changes lol. Didn't even notice your a moderator now! Niceeee. Time flies i remember when you just started out on the forums ahaha

Mexican titan
12-04-15, 07:05 PM
Can't believe anything these days. It's bloody annoying actually because you get your hopes up and then common sense kicks in.

We have a squad of 200 next year if you believe the rumours about people coming here. We will have more players than members.

DavidBouveng
12-04-15, 08:20 PM
we are easy targets because we are active and have cash to spare.

taupau is a rumour id entertain. beast

JunctionBlock
12-04-15, 08:25 PM
Nate Myles on his future

https://soundcloud.com/triple-m-nrl/nate-myles-on-sunday-triple-m-nrl

I understand that contract negotiation time is stressful but he doesn't sound happy with the way things are going. Not looking good to retain him.

Hail Sezer
12-04-15, 09:08 PM
lad just havent been online during off season but i have been reading everyone posts for the past month or so. Braah we both need name changes lol. Didn't even notice your a moderator now! Niceeee. Time flies i remember when you just started out on the forums ahaha

Thatta boy. Haha cheers mate, yeah we joined around the same time! Usernames say it all. We both joined when he was new on the block and now you've returned as he's going. Timing of excellence

Shoot me a pm bro we need to catch up.

Titan4Life
12-04-15, 09:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's the page called?

Tigers will not let Taupau go unless we throw big bucks at him. Nevertheless, if he can end up here that would be sick. He's a machine in attack and defence and we need some aggression in our pack. When does he come off contract (if they still exist?)

Hail Sezer
13-04-15, 07:28 AM
Gold Coast Titans move quickly to lock in speedster James Roberts

TRAVIS MEYN
GOLD COAST BULLETIN
APRIL 13, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/04/12/1227300/870981-14f1bcf6-e0cf-11e4-8c35-8b3a57800124.jpg

THE Titans are on the verge of securing slick centre James Roberts to a long-term deal as the excitement machine sets his sights on the Gold Coast’s season tryscoring record.

Roberts bagged a hat-trick in the Titans’ 38-16 demolition of Parramatta on Saturday, taking his season tally to seven from six matches.

David Mead, who plays outside Roberts, holds the club record after scoring 16 tries from 24 games in the wooden-spoon season of 2011.

Roberts has an incredible ability to cross the tryline, having scored 12 times in 18 appearances for the Titans and 23 times in his 33-game career.

The 22-year-old will come up against former club Penrith at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday and the Titans are making moves to ensure he wears a Gold Coast jersey for years to come.

Roberts told the Bulletin recently he was “loving it on the Gold Coast” and ready to commit to the club.

Titans coach Neil Henry will meet with his manager, Daryl Mather, in the coming weeks and said Roberts was definitely a player he wanted to retain.

“We will. He’s on the list to re-sign, for sure,” he said.

“We’ll have to negotiate with his manager. He’s in town in the next few weeks so we’ll start some early talks about that.

“Jimmy’s in no huge rush. He wants to stay and he’s settled here so we’ll end up tabling something for him shortly.”

Roberts used his scintillating speed to pinch two intercepts in the Parramatta game and brute strength to score the other.

But his potency was most visible when he put Mead over in the corner after turning Eels centre Ryan Morgan inside-out.

Roberts’ decision-making is still a work in progress and Henry said he was keen to develop.

“He knows he’s got a fair bit to learn and we’re working on his defence,” Henry said.

“There’s no doubt he’s got some raw ability. He’s quick, elusive and strong.

“It was nice to see him do an in-and-away and give Meady the chance to score a try. He’s got that football sense to do that.”

Titans captain Nate Myles said Roberts was still to realise his potential but was showing great improvements every week.

“He’s improving every day,” he said.

“I don’t think he knows how good he is but it’s a work in progress for Jimmy and it’s good to see he’s moving in the right way.

“It’s good to have on your side.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/gold-coast-titans-move-quickly-to-lock-in-speedster-james-roberts/story-fnj94ixl-1227300871007

- - - Updated - - -

Good news - cannot wait to see this bloke playing outside DCE.

Hail Sezer
14-04-15, 06:04 AM
I tried to start a new thread about this but unfortunately everyone seem's to be getting a 503 error message. Will pm Tam.

Gold Coast Titans place their trust in young halfback Kane Elgey

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2015/04/13/1227302/248196-55ebbf48-e1ad-11e4-a16e-c49b94c206d0.jpg

CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL APRIL 14, 2015 12:00AM

GOLD Coast are placing their trust in Kane Elgey, with Titans coach Neil Henry declaring the club is not targeting any other halves despite losing Aidan Sezer.

Elgey appears set to be Daly Cherry-Evans’ halves partner next year if the Titans can fight off overtures from Manly who have tabled a significant offer.

Henry also spoke out against the speculation that has the club linked to several Sydney players including Parramatta five-eighth Corey Norman. The Titans are juggling complicated roster with captain Nate Myles yet to be made an offer.

Henry told The Courier-Mail they had tabled a “very competitive” offer for Elgey who said his negotiations were in a holding pattern.

“We have tabled an offer for Kane. Manly has tabled an offer too,” Henry said.

“He is a local junior and we would like him to stay and we will be very competitive with what we offer him.

“The only people we have tabled offers for are the guys here. We are not targeting anyone else at the moment.

“He is a boy from our backyard and we would like to keep him. We did try to get Aidan to sign too.

“Daniel Mortimer is contracted for this year and next year too. Kane has played three games now and we have been fortunate enough to win two of them.

“He was still a bit frail defensively on the edge. It is still all new to him. There is no doubt he is talented, but we need to be grounded with him.”

It would make little sense for the Titans to target Norman considering they will pay halfback Cherry-Evans more than $1 million a year from 2016.

The Titans are formally meeting with centre James Roberts and his management this week to work out a contract extension that should be signed off on soon.

The Titans have sounded out several managers to gauge the availability of their players but they are predominantly interested in props and outside backs.

The Titans missed out on Dane Gagai, who re-signed with the Knights, but are interested in Souths fullback Alex Johnston, Broncos props Joe Ofahengaue and George Fai, while there is also speculation linking them to Parramatta prop Darcy Lussick and Roosters winger Daniel Tupou.

“A lot of this is manager driven,” Henry said.

“We have had a few players off contract who we want to sign and we do need to look at our roster moving forward.

“There’s a few names being tossed up. We are behind the scenes talking to some players but most of it is speculation.

“We need to look at cap requirements and value.

“We have loaded up on a marquee signing (Cherry-Evans) as most clubs do and that means we need to get value for money elsewhere.”

Elgey said loved playing under Henry but was unsure where his future was.

“Everyone is having their opinion. It is hard to know (my future) at the moment,” he said.

“The coach believes in me. He tells the truth. He is a great coach.

“I have to take my opportunities because Daniel Mortimer is back next week and he’s a competitor and a good player.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/gold-coast-titans-coast-place-their-trust-in-young-halfback-kane-elgey/story-e6freon6-1227302246813

JunctionBlock
14-04-15, 06:36 AM
Straight from the horses mouth rather than from the speculative journalism that fills our days otherwise.

Hail Sezer
14-04-15, 10:31 AM
Manly forum is frantic. 27 different people claiming they know someone who knows Kane or that they know someone who's roommate's dogs owners brothers step-dad's landlords cousin knows Kane and therefore they have inside info. It's exhausting to read.

I really hope we can re-sign both LG and JR this week to put my mind at ease.

Also, centre options are incredibly thin given Gagai re-signing with Newcastle so really have no clue who we are going to target. It seems as if we are either looking to
a) sign a young-gun centre for the long term
b) sign a fullback and move hoff to centre

This will be a good test to see what Mathiou can do when our options are thin.

K2G
14-04-15, 10:40 AM
Manly forum is frantic. 27 different people claiming they know someone who knows Kane or that they know someone who's roommate's dogs owners brothers step-dad's landlords cousin knows Kane and therefore they have inside info. It's exhausting to read.

I really hope we can re-sign both LG and JR this week to put my mind at ease.

Also, centre options are incredibly thin given Gagai re-signing with Newcastle so really have no clue who we are going to target. It seems as if we are either looking to
a) sign a young-gun centre for the long term
b) sign a fullback and move hoff to centre

This will be a good test to see what Mathiou can do when our options are thin.

What makes you think option B is a possibility HS? Have I missed something? Zillman doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
More and more, I'm thinking Elgey has already signed elsewhere and is holding off on the announcement. Just a gut feeling. Reading between the lines of that last article ... doesn't look good for us.
Plenty of good options for centre still I reckon. I'll back Mathiou to get us some win for next season.

Hail Sezer
14-04-15, 11:10 AM
What makes you think option B is a possibility HS? Have I missed something? Zillman doesn't seem to be going anywhere.
More and more, I'm thinking Elgey has already signed elsewhere and is holding off on the announcement. Just a gut feeling. Reading between the lines of that last article ... doesn't look good for us.
Plenty of good options for centre still I reckon. I'll back Mathiou to get us some win for next season.

The weird link to Alex Johnston and the fact that there are no centres left, lel.

I think Kane was just trying to be very diplomatic and it's come across as a bit of an empty response to what should have been something like "I would like to stay on the coast". I get a strong sense that his manager is just trying to drive up his price and this stems from his original comments saying that our "offer" indicated that we were looking elsewhere. In other words, the money wasn't enough although he didn't want to make it sound like they were hunting dollars.

Neil coming out and cutting to the chase that we are in fact not doing this is huge and trumps any argument about us not seeing Kane as DCE's halves partner and therefore nullifies his manager's comments about a lack of "opportunity" to be a starting half.

Keeping fingers crossed and remaining optimistic.

K2G
14-04-15, 11:39 AM
The weird link to Alex Johnston and the fact that there are no centres left, lel.

I think Kane was just trying to be very diplomatic and it's come across as a bit of an empty response to what should have been something like "I would like to stay on the coast". I get a strong sense that his manager is just trying to drive up his price and this stems from his original comments saying that our "offer" indicated that we were looking elsewhere. In other words, the money wasn't enough although he didn't want to make it sound like they were hunting dollars.

Neil coming out and cutting to the chase that we are in fact not doing this is huge and trumps any argument about us not seeing Kane as DCE's halves partner and therefore nullifies his manager's comments about a lack of "opportunity" to be a starting half.

Keeping fingers crossed and remaining optimistic.

Your 'reading between the lines' game is strong!
To my knowledge, no-one at the club has said we're looking at Alex Johnston, and imo we are no chance. We have, on the other hand hand had confirmation from Neil that we are in the market for a strike centre (of which there are plenty coming off contract next year).

I'd love to believe the elaborate Elgey smokescreen you suggest. No doubt his manager is driving up his price. I think we can both agree that he is going to get more $$ from manly. In terms of opportunity, whether we're chasing another half or not, when Mortimer inevitably gets his jersey back at Kane's expense what message does that send? In the current climate, only a few coaches can successfully pull off the 'you are a work in progress trust me kid, bide your time and you'll be a star' line ... IMO, Henry is not one of them (case in point, James Segeyaro).

I think the only card we have left to play (and one I'm sure Elgey and his management are waiting to see if we're willing to play) is to go all in with Elgey at 7 going forward, and letting Mortimer play off the bench (if at all). I just can't see Henry doing this though (considering the Zill-factor), and therefore can't see Elgey sticking around to play second fiddle on the coast. In this case, I would LOVE to be wrong.

teke
14-04-15, 11:44 AM
Henry has mastered the "player b has some things to work on"

Hail Sezer
14-04-15, 11:56 AM
Your 'reading between the lines' game is strong!
To my knowledge, no-one at the club has said we're looking at Alex Johnston, and imo we are no chance. We have, on the other hand hand had confirmation from Neil that we are in the market for a strike centre (of which there are plenty coming off contract next year).

I'd love to believe the elaborate Elgey smokescreen you suggest. No doubt his manager is driving up his price. I think we can both agree that he is going to get more $$ from manly. In terms of opportunity, whether we're chasing another half or not, when Mortimer inevitably gets his jersey back at Kane's expense what message does that send? In the current climate, only a few coaches can successfully pull off the 'you are a work in progress trust me kid, bide your time and you'll be a star' line ... IMO, Henry is not one of them (case in point, James Segeyaro).

I think the only card we have left to play (and one I'm sure Elgey and his management are waiting to see if we're willing to play) is to go all in with Elgey at 7 going forward, and letting Mortimer play off the bench (if at all). I just can't see Henry doing this though (considering the Zill-factor), and therefore can't see Elgey sticking around to play second fiddle on the coast. In this case, I would LOVE to be wrong.

Totally agree - the biggest deciding factor going forward is going to be whether or not Henry persists with Kane at 7 when he has Mortimer available. Like most, I'm hoping Kane holds down that #7 for the remainder of this year. TLT today should tell a fair bit

Mr Stupid
14-04-15, 12:18 PM
Totally agree - the biggest deciding factor going forward is going to be whether or not Henry persists with Kane at 7 when he has Mortimer available. Like most, I'm hoping Kane holds down that #7 for the remainder of this year. TLT today should tell a fair bit

Morts is probably still not fit this week judging by the Titans injury update so next week will be the true indicator. Let's hope LG really cements the spot with a good performance. I hope Henry's thinking is that LG is no worse than Mortimer even as a nervous newcomer but with enormous potential while the latter has shown all he's got in the halves.

Mexican titan
14-04-15, 12:27 PM
One thing I definitely don't want to do is put any sh1te on Manly, however as HS says the Manly forum has plenty of comments about Elgey.
One thing that has been more recently commented about, and something that is probably realistic, is the Manly coaching situation. The general view is why go to Manly if you don't know who will be coaching them next year, especially with 2V's background as a half. That will probably play into the Titans hands.....but who knows these days. Do Managers really care other than get the best $$ for their players and the best commission for themselves.

Numbers
14-04-15, 02:33 PM
Morts is probably still not fit this week judging by the Titans injury update so next week will be the true indicator. Let's hope LG really cements the spot with a good performance. I hope Henry's thinking is that LG is no worse than Mortimer even as a nervous newcomer but with enormous potential while the latter has shown all he's got in the halves.

I've read & heard Henry quoted a couple of times now something along the lines of "LG has played for us three times and we've won twice", so it seems that he is giving at least some credit to LG for the wins (and perhaps, given LG hasn't had a breakout performance yet, it is only in the sense that he is no worse than Mortimer but has much more potential). Based on that, if LG gets the nod against the Panthers this weekend and we get a third win in his four game career, then surely Henry would think twice about replacing him when Mortimer is injury-free?

JunctionBlock
14-04-15, 03:17 PM
Surely if you want to keep this guy whilst you are in the middle of contract negotiations you play him and hope he signs. Mortimer can come back through the bench like Barba had to after Bird had a blinder at 5/8 for the Sharks. If we don't play him then I don't blame him for going to Manly on bigger money and guarantee start.

Surfers66
15-04-15, 09:27 AM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2015-transfer-centre-your-guide-to-player-movement-ahead-of-the-2016-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1227303435457?sv=dfa3fa0f80e4fcec81e810e4890c6af2

The page may be a bit long to post in full, feel free to do so anyone.
Lets put our Recruitment hats on and put together the best team you can from the off contract players. try stay within the cap.
my 2016 side would be-

1 J.Mamo or A.Johnston
2 D.Tupou
3 J.Hoffman
4 J.Roberts
5 D.Mead
6 K.Elgey
7 D.Cherry-Evans
8 D.Lussick
9 K.Mosely
10 N.Myles
11 D.Taylor
12 A.Glenn
13 C.Grevsmuhl

14 A. Passi/ E.Pettyborne
15 L.Douglas
16 J.Ofahengaue
17 A.Docker

Took Bird Out, not worried either way if he leaves although i do believe he has been a good signing for the club.

18- Emergency/Concussion - W.Zillman

Bold Re-sign-
Future to be decided: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Jamie Dowling, Kane Elgey, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Beau Falloon, Jamal Fogarty, Christian Hazard, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Brad Tighe

Bayside Titan
15-04-15, 10:19 AM
From NRL Fox Sports.

LATEST RUMOURS
BIRD TO LEAVE NEST

Greg Bird continues to be linked with a host of clubs including Newcastle and Canberra for 2016.

The representative backrower is on the outer at the Titans and it is believed the club will not stand in his way should he request a release. The Titans are reportedly in talks with Eels backrower Darcy Lussick.

Surfers66
15-04-15, 10:51 AM
Free up some cap, i would rather us keep Myles.

gotitans101_
15-04-15, 11:03 AM
13 C.Grevsmuhl

I wouldn't mind a player like him. Although his work rate isn't overly high, he runs hard and consistently bends the line. I doubt Souths would let him go though.

Surfers66
15-04-15, 11:45 AM
13 C.Grevsmuhl

I wouldn't mind a player like him. Although his work rate isn't overly high, he runs hard and consistently bends the line. I doubt Souths would let him go though.

Or Glenn in 13 and Grevs in 12.

Do the locks today really do as much as they use to? I feel its a bit more explosive now with a shared defensive role with the hooker.

teke
15-04-15, 12:02 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-2015-transfer-centre-your-guide-to-player-movement-ahead-of-the-2016-season/story-fn2mcuj6-1227303435457?sv=dfa3fa0f80e4fcec81e810e4890c6af2

The page may be a bit long to post in full, feel free to do so anyone.
Lets put our Recruitment hats on and put together the best team you can from the off contract players. try stay within the cap.
my 2016 side would be-

1 J.Mamo or A.Johnston
2 D.Tupou
3 J.Hoffman
4 J.Roberts
5 D.Mead
6 K.Elgey
7 D.Cherry-Evans
8 D.Lussick
9 K.Mosely
10 N.Myles
11 D.Taylor
12 A.Glenn
13 C.Grevsmuhl

14 A. Passi/ E.Pettyborne
15 L.Douglas
16 J.Ofahengaue
17 A.Docker

Took Bird Out, not worried either way if he leaves although i do believe he has been a good signing for the club.

18- Emergency/Concussion - W.Zillman

Bold Re-sign-
Future to be decided: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Jamie Dowling, Kane Elgey, Kalifa Faifai Loa, Beau Falloon, Jamal Fogarty, Christian Hazard, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Brad Tigheim a massive fan of Mamo, I'd have him left wing instead of Tupou.

Keep Hoffy at fb bring up Crampton

toddythetitan
15-04-15, 03:32 PM
So far going by the papers we have been linked to corey norman, alex johson, james maloney, alex glenn, darcy lussick, daniel vidot and jordan kahu can anyone think of anyone else?

Mexican titan
15-04-15, 03:45 PM
So far going by the papers we have been linked to corey norman, alex johson, james maloney, alex glenn, darcy lussick, daniel vidot and jordan kahu can anyone think of anyone else?

Can't think of anyone else but unless it's about someone I really want to keep (like LG) I am over reading transfer crap. I am trying to concentrate on this year which we are only 6 rounds in to. That's not a shot at you but this crazy system we have. Anyway I will take my medication and calm down.
Of the list you mention I wouldn't mind any of them except Vidot and especially Lussick. If we keep LG and we now have DCE it would be pointless going after Maloney. I think Sam Burgess would like the lifestyle here if he is interested and I would swap all of those mentioned in the papers for him.

toddythetitan
15-04-15, 04:35 PM
Mate im over it all to and just want Elgey re-signed pronto im hoping him and Roberts will be done by the end of the month. Although this is a rumours thread snd occasionaly theres a good leak on here that gets people excited for next year

Titan4Life
15-04-15, 05:11 PM
Titans snare another big name:

THE Titans are close to signing Parramatta tough guy Darcy Lussick in a further boost to their impressive recruitment drive for 2016.

Lussick is off contract and the Eels were hoping to re-sign the hard running prop for another couple of seasons.

But the Eels have salary cap problems after signing Manly’s Kieran Foran on big money and giving Danny Wicks, Brad Takairangi and John Folau new and upgraded contracts.

Lussick, 25, is seen as a rising star in the front row ranks.

He is approaching the age where props hit their peak and was selected for City Origin last year - an indication selectors see him as a potential State of Origin player in years to come.

With Nate Myles unsigned and Greg Bird rumoured to be on the move, Lussick could develop into the leader of the Titans pack in years to come.

Hail King Roberts
15-04-15, 05:20 PM
IDK about Lussick the only reason why I wouldn't mind him at Titans is because he's Dalys mate so then DCE won't feel lonely

K2G
15-04-15, 05:30 PM
Titans snare another big name:

Thanks for the article T4L. in future, please remember to include the source of these articles/rumours.

For anyone wondering, this is from the sportal website's 'Lurker's Wednesday rumour file (http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesdaythe-lurker---nrl-rumour-file---wednesday/1kqqew90a20zm1h39zfcfud5oj)'

I wouldn't mind the Lussick signing. An absolute mongrel of a player, but once he pulls his head in, will be good value.

In the same article, it mentions that Michael Gordon (31 years old) will struggle to pick up a new contract with the sharks, with the emergence of Val Holmes. Michael is a Gold Coast kid (played his junior footy in tweed) and a noted goal kicker.

For the record, I hope we aren't looking at him .... but I wouldn't be surprised if we are.

Titanic
15-04-15, 05:35 PM
Lussick + James + a possible Carter (the forgotten man in these discussions) = a calamity in penalties

TitansFan92
15-04-15, 05:54 PM
Realistically I don't think we will get Mamo or Johnston. Also I don't think Lussick is a good fit for the club James already gives enough penalties away.

This is a team I think is possible next year with signings and players we re-sign.

Resign: Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey, Christian Hazard, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, James Roberts.

Sign: Alex Glenn. Joe Ofahengaue, Ethan Lowe, Adam Docker, Mitchell Cornish (If we lose LG), I don't think there are any strike centres worth going after so that will be a priority recruitment for the 2017 season.

Team would look something like this.

1. Hoffman
2. Don
3. Crampton
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. LG or Cornish if he leaves
7. DCE
8. Douglas
9. Moseley
10. Myles
11. Taylor
12. Glenn
13. Lowe

14. Pettyborne
15. Passi
16. Docker
17. Simpkins/Burr

For signings next year for 2017 I would target.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak or George Jennings as potential Centre options

Titan4Life
15-04-15, 06:21 PM
Lussick would be a good buy for us in my opinion. Although he gives away a few penalties, his ability to charge at the line with full strength and speed would be an asset to us. At the moment, we have no forward that can really bend the line so Darcy would provide this for us.

Another positive is that he is best mates with DCE which will make Daly's move more comfortable with recognisable faces joining him at the club.

My re-sign list (underline = must re-sign): Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey, Christian Hazard, Shaun Hudson, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Agnatius Paasi, Eddy Pettybourne, James Roberts

My target signings list: Alex Glenn, Darcy Lussick, Joe Ofahengaue, Ricky Leutele, Alex Johnston, Daniel Tupou, Mitchell Cornish/Corey Norman (if we lose LG)

Nick
15-04-15, 06:23 PM
So where is the mamo rumour? I've heard he wants to play fullback somewhere, he is a freakish talent.. That would be a very quick back line with mead, jr and mamo.. Won't happen though

teke
15-04-15, 07:42 PM
Lussick, 3 clubs in a few yrs tells us all we need to know

Mexican titan
15-04-15, 07:57 PM
Lussick would be a good buy for us in my opinion. Although he gives away a few penalties, his ability to charge at the line with full strength and speed would be an asset to us. At the moment, we have no forward that can really bend the line so Darcy would provide this for us.

Gives away a few penalties! Not wrong and the only reason his penalty count is not higher is due to the number of games he misses through suspension. He has missed heaps of games in the last few years and was one of the main people involved in the Battle of Brooky. I remember a game he played for Parra last year when he cleaned up a bloke (legally on this occasion) and then stood over him carrying on that the bloke wouldn't get up. He was carried off and Lussick's carrying on was a dog act.
Hopefully he will grow up and if he comes here then I will obviously support him. After all Manly signed blokes like Les Boyd, Lurch O'Neill and these blokes were pretty much thugs but they were heroes to me when playing for Manly. Lussick will be the same I guess.

toddythetitan
15-04-15, 08:36 PM
Why dont we make another play for karmichel hunt I heard he has connections at the titans and a side business on the coast

TITAN PETE
15-04-15, 09:50 PM
Why dont we make another play for karmichel hunt I heard he has connections at the titans and a side business on the coast

That side business you mentioned has got him in trouble already so let's not even Blow there :eyebrows:

DavidBouveng
16-04-15, 12:19 AM
i saw on manly boards that Elgey is more likely to stay now, after comments made on NRL 360?

i have series linked and haven't seen it yet, surprised no one on hear is frothing about that if it were true.

Show and Go
16-04-15, 06:00 AM
A big dumb penalty machine. Don't we already have a few of them??

Numbers
16-04-15, 10:54 AM
i saw on manly boards that Elgey is more likely to stay now, after comments made on NRL 360?

i have series linked and haven't seen it yet, surprised no one on hear is frothing about that if it were true.

It didn't come across as the strongest of mail (from Dobbo of MMM). Immediately after saying that he thought that LG would choose the Titans over Manly, he said that if LG did leave there was a ready made replacement for the Titans in the Broncos current u20s halfback (Ashley Taylor?). So, fairly hard to have any confidence that he really knew what he was talking about.

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 11:28 AM
It didn't come across as the strongest of mail (from Dobbo of MMM). Immediately after saying that he thought that LG would choose the Titans over Manly, he said that if LG did leave there was a ready made replacement for the Titans in the Broncos current u20s halfback (Ashley Taylor?). So, fairly hard to have any confidence that he really knew what he was talking about.

Yeah that guy is even worse than the Lurker. He's the one who said we were no chance at DCE

- - - Updated - - -

And forget Ash Taylor. Jayden Niko would be a much better target if worst came to worst.

TITAN PETE
16-04-15, 12:44 PM
My mail is he's going nowhere , his manager finding out his worth before giving the Titans the final shot

I'll predict next weeks headline

"Titans sign Elgey on 2 year Deal"

Titanic
16-04-15, 12:56 PM
Pete sometimes you are just a gem, if I was twenty years younger and that way inclined I could kiss you for that posting … but I'm not either so how about I just raise a glass in your general direction?

Bayside Titan
16-04-15, 01:44 PM
My mail is he's going nowhere , his manager finding out his worth before giving the Titans the final shot

I'll predict next weeks headline

"Titans sign Elgey on 2 year Deal"

Does that mean that there will be an announcement that someone is going?

gotitans101_
16-04-15, 03:06 PM
I don't like the news of Lussick possibly signing - guy can't help himself and just HAS to start **** with someone who gets the better of him. How is signing somebody with an attitude like that a good look for the club? Have we learned nothing?

Surfers66
16-04-15, 03:19 PM
I don't like the news of Lussick possibly signing - guy can't help himself and just HAS to start **** with someone who gets the better of him. How is signing somebody with an attitude like that a good look for the club? Have we learned nothing?

I think he is a better player than people give him credit for. Dumb Penalties yes but he has the potential to be a very good prop.

Bayside Titan
16-04-15, 04:37 PM
I think he is a better player than people give him credit for. Dumb Penalties yes but he has the potential to be a very good prop.

True and having your mate in DCE as your maybe captian and King as the Coach his attitude may change.

gotitans101_
16-04-15, 04:51 PM
I don't care if he's a better player than people give him credit for, his attitude is horrid and it's not something we want or need at this club right now. Surely there are better options than him?

Bayside Titan
16-04-15, 06:19 PM
@RugbyLeagueNews: BREAKING: channel 9 reporting that Daly Cherry-Evans has backflipped on GC Titans deal for 2016. He now wants to re-sign with Manly. #NRL

- - - Updated - - -

Fffffffffffffffggfddfggg..................kkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkk

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 06:20 PM
THAT IS BULL****! Seriously I will never have respect for this idiot ever again. What a grub!

Show and Go
16-04-15, 06:21 PM
May as well shut up shop now.

Davis13
16-04-15, 06:23 PM
Absolutely Guttered way to rip our hearts out dce

teke
16-04-15, 06:24 PM
Dam.......

Squinter98
Gutted, What a Dog!

ozynorts
I said a while ago that I wouldn't believe it until round 14, I hate this contract situation.

Titan4Life
Sezer and DCE gone. I WAS excited for next year, not anymore. So disappointed with him. He's a piece of crap!

ozynorts
16-04-15, 06:25 PM
I guess we now have to resign Elgey at all cost.

gotitans101_
16-04-15, 06:26 PM
whose been in his ear?

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 06:26 PM
Chuck money at Maloney or Norman and focus on re-signing Elgey at all costs. That seems to be our only option.

Toads
16-04-15, 06:27 PM
Oh well, no great loss. It would've been nice, but it's not the end of the world..

We got a promising young squad we can work with 'n saves us a shedload of dollars we never had anyway. As it is, DCE isn't exactly setting the world on fire this season for Manly, so for us to look at him as our savior (2016 and beyond) probably wouldn't come to fruition as it was.

Show and Go
16-04-15, 06:27 PM
Well if he does backflip the Titans have a lot of $ and nobody to spend it on. This is disastrous for the club in every way.

teke
16-04-15, 06:29 PM
Manly implemented Alpha Strategy 1 and brought Bozo back.

ozynorts
16-04-15, 06:34 PM
Piss off teke you idiots deserve the dog

We are all annoyed mate but no need to go attacking other users..

gotitans101_
16-04-15, 06:35 PM
‏@josh_massoud

Just spoke with DCE management. Claiming no change in plans for him to honour @GCTitans contract. More on @7NewsSydney shortly.

GCTTSD
Elgey and norman combo sounds alright?

teke
DCE can go get ****ed. What a dog act but just goes to show Contracts mean nothing and this whole Round 13 bull**** needs to go. I am going to get off here now before I say things I regret.

- - - Updated - - -

Piss off teke you idiots deserve the dognow now, I'm a lil disappointed aswell mate

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 06:37 PM
So confused???

‏@josh_massoud: Just spoke with DCE management. Claiming no change in plans for him to honour @GCTitans contract. More on @7NewsSydney shortly.

Toads
16-04-15, 06:39 PM
Never good to see a Titan fan get over emotional like some other dropkicks that seem to fester in other Clubs. I like to think we've got a fair bit on other Clubs in that department.

toddythetitan
16-04-15, 06:44 PM
so is it all talk whats the go

ozynorts
16-04-15, 06:46 PM
Everything I have read so far is speculation. All the online news reports are saying "reportedly" not "definately" so until we hear either from him, his manager or the Titans it is all news beat up gossip.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 06:46 PM
Still could be speculation but you'd have to think it'd be fairly true if it's on the news and the footy shows are talking about it. Hope it's still just a rumour but aim worried.

Show and Go
16-04-15, 06:48 PM
This **** was popping up about Milford as well. Lets hope DCE follows through on his agreement to sign with the Titans. The survival on the club depends on it IMO.

Bayside Titan
16-04-15, 06:48 PM
I hope that the Nate Myles to Manly rumour is wrong and that DCE has backed out in the way that Titans Management have treated Myles in this.

GCTTSD
16-04-15, 06:51 PM
I guess we will hopefully find out on the footy show tonight

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 06:52 PM
Settle down lads. Speculation is dangerous but let's just wait for this one to play out before we go a using him on social media, or abusing teke :thumbsup:

Keep it dignified

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 07:08 PM
I'll make my comments on the basis DCE is not coming but there now seems confusion.
When I heard this I was probably more disappointed that he wasn't coming as I know what it meant for the Titans as an organisation. But forgetting all the personal comments now heading DCE's way, the problem, as I have been saying for some time, is the system -it's a joke and I think is what turns people off more than any other issue. Let's face it the Ttans now have heaps of money and can throw extra at Sezer and try to talk him out of the Raiders deal. Frankly I hope they don't.
The transfer system is a joke. Actually I think the round 13 rule is not bad but it also shows that no signings should ever be announced until after round 13 and the contract is registered by the NRL.
Now I have to go back to the missus and kids who are in fits of rage about DCE's backflip. They have not taken it well.
Hopefully he is still coming.

Squinter98
16-04-15, 07:08 PM
There goes all our "Potential" sponsors.........

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 07:15 PM
@travismeyn: As far as I know, back flip hasn't occurred. But that doesn't mean it won't. Another day of drama for Titans. #nrl

What the hell is going on. So bloody confused. Hoping it's just the media trying to make news on a slow day.

TitansFan92
16-04-15, 07:18 PM
I'll make my comments on the basis DCE is not coming but there now seems confusion.
When I heard this I was probably more disappointed that he wasn't coming as I know what it meant for the Titans as an organisation. But forgetting all the personal comments now heading DCE's way, the problem, as I have been saying for some time, is the system -it's a joke and I think is what turns people off more than any other issue. Let's face it the Ttans now have heaps of money and can throw extra at Sezer and try to talk him out of the Raiders deal. Frankly I hope they don't.
The transfer system is a joke. Actually I think the round 13 rule is not bad but it also shows that no signings should ever be announced until after round 13 and the contract is registered by the NRL.
Now I have to go back to the missus and kids who are in fits of rage about DCE's backflip. They have not taken it well.
Hopefully he is still coming.

I agree totally. The round 13 crap needs to go and a transfer window put is place. Apologies Teke my comment was a bit over the top. If he backflips then stuff him I only want players at the club who want to be here. Next year will be a great year no matter how this plays out.

Toads
16-04-15, 07:20 PM
@travismeyn: As far as I know, back flip hasn't occurred. But that doesn't mean it won't. Another day of drama for Titans. #nrl

What the hell is going on. So bloody confused. Hoping it's just the media trying to make news on a slow day.

Sounding more like wishful thinking from Badel.

EDIT: From what I'm seeing. No Journo appears to have the guts to put their name to the articles being posted.

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 07:27 PM
Kent on Fox has just quoted Annesley as saying it's wrong, crap etc etc and also said Channel 7 news are saying it's wrong. Toovey has said "there is no more or no less chance of DCE being here next year".
I have also read (probably a conspiracy theory) is that Gavin Orr who manages DCE and Myles is pissed off with the Titans over the Myles situation so he is stirring things up.
Gotta love League and the rumours - I don't though.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 07:35 PM
Graham Annerlsey was quoted by the guys on NRL 360 saying that to the best of his knowledge DCE has NOT backflipped on his deal. Hopefully he is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Now Matty Johns saying he saw Joe Kelly with Gavin Orr (DCE's manager) yesterday talking.

amaline
16-04-15, 07:40 PM
Graham Annerlsey was quoted by the guys on NRL 360 saying that to the best of his knowledge DCE has NOT backflipped on his deal. Hopefully he is right.

- - - Updated - - -

Now Matty Johns saying he saw Joe Kelly with Gavin Orr (DCE's manager) yesterday talking.

That would be expected, given the rumours of Manly's interest in Myles.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 07:45 PM
@RLW_Mole: FOR those asking about DCE - yes, he is having second thoughts about going to @GCTitans -- wants to stay @SeaEagles - but not done yet.

Channel 7, Annersley and Meyn vs Channel 9 and the Mole. Someone's got to be right.

Squinter98
16-04-15, 07:49 PM
If this is true then we can assume that Lussick wont sign with us cause he's DCE's mate? Personally i think that talks with Darcy wouldnt have gone as deep as reported if DCE was gonna backflip.

amaline
16-04-15, 07:51 PM
It seems like DCE's image is important to him. He seemed fairly upset that it was damaged through the whole drawn out media circus before he announced he was coming here. It'd take another battering if he backflipped, surely.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 07:56 PM
@SkyNewsAust: Daly Cherry-Evans manager Gavin Orr has just told @GCTitans CEO Graham Annesley the rumours are wrong and the deal stands (@braceyjames)

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 08:00 PM
@RLW_Mole: FOR those asking about DCE - yes, he is having second thoughts about going to @GCTitans -- wants to stay @SeaEagles - but not done yet.

Channel 7, Annersley and Meyn vs Channel 9 and the Mole. Someone's got to be right.

Bearing in mind Annesley just recently - still hasn't finalised the Parkwood/Coomera issue, still hasn't signed a major sponsor, we are living at CBus week to week - I am not sure that I would be backing him for anything at the moment. That might be a bit harsh but none of the big decisions seem to be progressing very fast.

- - - Updated - - -

@SkyNewsAust: Daly Cherry-Evans manager Gavin Orr has just told @GCTitans CEO Graham Annesley the rumours are wrong and the deal stands (@braceyjames)

Even from a Manly fan I hope this is right. The Titans and the game don't need the black eyes from this.

Bayside Titan
16-04-15, 08:19 PM
Written by TONY ADAMS and THE MOLE, April 16, 2015
MANLY is set to sign Test and Origin forward Nate Myles – and it is that development that is set to see Daly Cherry-Evans backflip on his deal with the Titans.

Titans star Myles is a good mate of Cherry-Evans and was a key figure in luring the Manly star to the Gold Coast.

But the Titans haven’t activated an option to retain Myles for 2016 and RLW understands he is close to signing a two-year deal at Manly.

As a result, Cherry-Evans now has cold feet and wants to stay at the Sea Eagles.

Under NRL rules, Cherry-Evans has until round 13 to backflip on a contract signed for 2016.

Nate Myles

Myles was on huge dollars at the Titans over the last two seasons and the club was reluctant to extend him on the same terms.

The Gold Coast allowed the option to lapse and Manly are set to swoop on the tough forward.

Manly now have to come up with a competitive offer to retain Cherry-Evans – but with Kieran Foran leaving to Parramatta, they should be able to afford that within the salary cap.

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 08:21 PM
Gavin Orr trying to boost Myles offer from the Titans?

toddythetitan
16-04-15, 08:22 PM
Home / Sea Eagles / Titans / WHY CHERRY-EVANS IS SET TO BACKFLIP ON TITANS

WHY CHERRY-EVANS IS SET TO BACKFLIP ON TITANS
Facebook13Twitter14
Written by TONY ADAMS and THE MOLE, April 16, 2015
MANLY is set to sign Test and Origin forward Nate Myles – and it is that development that is set to see*Daly Cherry-Evans backflip on his deal with the Titans.

Titans star Myles is a good mate of Cherry-Evans*and was a key figure in luring the Manly star to the Gold Coast.

But the Titans haven’t activated an option to retain Myles for 2016 and RLW understands he is close to signing a two-year deal at Manly.

As a result, Cherry-Evans now has cold feet and wants to stay at the Sea Eagles.

Under NRL rules, Cherry-Evans has until round 13 to backflip on a contract signed for 2016.

Myles was on huge dollars at the Titans over the last two seasons and the club was reluctant to extend him on the same terms.

The Gold Coast*allowed the option to lapse and Manly are set to swoop on the tough forward.

Manly now have to come up with a competitive offer to retain Cherry-Evans – but with Kieran Foran leaving to Parramatta, they should be able to afford that within the salary cap.

Stand by for more developments in coming days

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 08:23 PM
So wait...we can't afford Myles because we got DCE but now we are losing DCE because we can't afford Myles?

Lol wow.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 08:31 PM
The Titans may have really stuffed this up. Don't see why they are bloody hesitating and not rushing to sign Myles. Sure he hasn't performed in the last few years but he is starting to really prove himself now. Just sign him up NOW Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

So wait...we can't afford Myles because we got DCE but now we are losing DCE because we can't afford Myles?

Lol wow.

Don't see how we can't afford Myles when we still have $2.5m to spend in salary cap?

mdrew
16-04-15, 08:33 PM
Seriously our great sport has become a joke

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 08:35 PM
This from about 30 minutes ago. Sorry I was PMing with someone and couldn't post earlier.

Daly Cherry Evans’ manager assures Titans star half won’t backflip on Gold Coast deal

The Daily Telegraph
April 16, 2015 7:54PM

UPDATE: Titans boss Graham Annesley says he has been assured star half Daly Cherry-Evans has no intention of backing out of his Gold Coast deal.

Annesley spoke to Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr, who denied the Manly star was rethinking his four-year multimillion-dollar deal to join the Titans in 2016.

“At 7.30pm this evening — an hour and a half after the story broke — I’ve spoken to Gavin Orr who is Daly Cherry-Evans’ manager and he’s informed me he’d spoken to Daly Cherry-Evans and he assured me there’s nothing to the story,’’ Annesley said.

The Titans and fans were sent into a spin after reports on Channel 9 that Cherry-Evans was having second thoughts about heading to Queensland next season.

Under NRL rules, the star has until Round 13 to back out of the deal, which is not yet legally binding.

But in a fillip for the Titans, Annesley has been assured the Mackay product does not have cold feet."

We will now see I guess. But where there is smoke there is generally fire so I would love to know what got this going.

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 08:43 PM
The Titans may have really stuffed this up. Don't see why they are bloody hesitating and not rushing to sign Myles. Sure he hasn't performed in the last few years but he is starting to really prove himself now. Just sign him up NOW Titans.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see how we can't afford Myles when we still have $2.5m to spend in salary cap?

Because we want to allocate our Salary cap in a way in which his current salary does not fit within for 2016 and beyond. We were trying to negotiate a longer deal but on lesser $$.

- - - Updated - - -

This from about 30 minutes ago. Sorry I was PMing with someone and couldn't post earlier.

Daly Cherry Evans’ manager assures Titans star half won’t backflip on Gold Coast deal

The Daily Telegraph
April 16, 2015 7:54PM

UPDATE: Titans boss Graham Annesley says he has been assured star half Daly Cherry-Evans has no intention of backing out of his Gold Coast deal.

Annesley spoke to Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr, who denied the Manly star was rethinking his four-year multimillion-dollar deal to join the Titans in 2016.

“At 7.30pm this evening — an hour and a half after the story broke — I’ve spoken to Gavin Orr who is Daly Cherry-Evans’ manager and he’s informed me he’d spoken to Daly Cherry-Evans and he assured me there’s nothing to the story,’’ Annesley said.

The Titans and fans were sent into a spin after reports on Channel 9 that Cherry-Evans was having second thoughts about heading to Queensland next season.

Under NRL rules, the star has until Round 13 to back out of the deal, which is not yet legally binding.

But in a fillip for the Titans, Annesley has been assured the Mackay product does not have cold feet."

We will now see I guess. But where there is smoke there is generally fire so I would love to know what got this going.

This.

Plenty more to come in this story.

Smakked
16-04-15, 08:48 PM
The NRL is becoming more and more of a Joke, but the thing is they dont see any issues with the way it is done now.

karnage
16-04-15, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry but there is just no way that you can believe ANYTHING that is attributed to Gavin Orr. He is a grub of the highest order. But he's not the problem. The problem is the Commision that has not done anything about the farcical nature of contract negotiations in the NRL.

The DCE to Titans, the Foran to Eels and the Merrin to Panthers deals being finalised in the early stages of the season before is a dead set joke, but nobody is laughing!!!! Right now, I'm about 95% certain that he will be a Sea Eagle next year. Good luck to the NRL selling this club to ANYBODY if we lose him and Sezar as a result of this clusterf$&k. Might as well pack the place up and move it to Ipswich, I'll be done with it. And I don't mean done with the Titans, I mean done with Rugby League in general. A billion dollar business run with less foresight, precision and tact than could be mustered by a local iced up pimp.

JunctionBlock
16-04-15, 08:51 PM
Jesus, just got back from the worst game of poker to have to catch up on all this. Emotional roller coaster over the last three pages catching up on what basically appears to be Gavin Orr stirring the pot to attract a better offer for Myles.

TITAN PETE
16-04-15, 08:52 PM
Take a deep breath everyone , has DCE actually said he wants out or is it just a rumor started on Twitter ?

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 08:54 PM
The NRL is becoming more and more of a Joke, but the thing is they dont see any issues with the way it is done now.

Surely they do see how this is affecting the supporters. Is there a workable solution though other than a draft as per the AFL.
If they said no deals were to be done until the end of the current season, do you clubs and Managers would stick to it. No chance
The only way to control this is have a draft which, in law, is a restraint of trade. You have to get the players association on side and then have a few workarounds like father/son rules etc. But the AFL do it and it's got to be better than the clusterfick we have now.
Yet again we have a round of footy coming up and what are we talking about - player movements for next year. Yep, a joke.

karnage
16-04-15, 08:54 PM
Let's say he does back flip. I know it's 2015 and things are done a lot more differently now than they were in the 80's but it would give me a bit of nostalgic pride if he left the field after playing us this season with a fractured jaw. Just sayin...

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 08:55 PM
Take a deep breath everyone , has DCE actually said he wants out or is it just a rumor started on Twitter ?

It started on 9 news or 7 news or whatever you guys have

The thing that worries me is..why would DCE not come out and just stamp this out altogether by reaffirming his commitment to the Titans?

rj62
16-04-15, 08:56 PM
If this is true for both players, we are back to and behind square 1 as we watch Sezer wander off to Canberra.

Christ I hope not.....

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 09:00 PM
Hoping it is just a ploy by Orr to try and up the price of Myles but like HS said, you'd hope DCE would be out immediately saying it is false if it is.

rj62
16-04-15, 09:02 PM
Posted about 10 mins ago

STATEMENT FROM GOLD COAST TITANS CEO GRAHAM ANNESLEY

“Following media speculation over the last few hours I have spoken directly with Gavin Orr and Chris Orr of Pacific Sports Management," Titans CEO Graham Annesley said this evening.

“I have been assured that any suggestion Daly Cherry Evans will not be honouring his contract with the Titans is untrue."

JunctionBlock
16-04-15, 09:08 PM
You can't address every internet rumour. His manager has given a statement. That's all that is required. Leave it at that.

GCTTSD
16-04-15, 09:11 PM
This imakes it even more important that we keep elgey in the team when mortimer is back and sign the kid up long term

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 09:31 PM
A Twitter post by DCE's mum:

@KellieCherry: Un-****ing believable! U people that listen to the media r all a joke! @Erin_Molan really!amateur! find who started the rumour=massive story

This is confidence boosting.

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 09:37 PM

@KellieCherry: Un-****ing believable! U people that listen to the media r all a joke! @Erin_Molan really!amateur! find who started the rumour=massive story

Is that really his mum?

Interesting to see that she also retweeted that masturbation helps relieve menstrual cramps. Useful information for you teke.

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 09:40 PM

This is confidence boosting.

Just read the rest of DCE's Mums twitter feed. Seems like any class DCE has he didn't get from her!
I see Andrew Voss on her Twitter also has called the story crap so these are the best sources yet. However as I said before, and before people want to hang Erin Molan who broke this, there must be something behind it. Possibly what people have said about Orr trying to sort out the Titans and Myles but if so that's a dog act from Orr. No surprise though.

Well sourced by the way T4L.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 09:40 PM
Is that really his mum?

Interesting to see that she also retweeted that masturbation helps relieve menstrual cramps. Useful information for you teke.

Yes it is his mum. There are photos with DCE's baby (her grandchild) and other family photos on her page.

DavidBouveng
16-04-15, 09:44 PM
go Mama chez.

i havent posted yet as the reports go from, DCE set to stay at Manly right down to its someone at manly making him choose... so im not going to get upset yet.

as for signing early...i dont give a toss if im honest. id rather if people sign, they are honest and can play the year with ntegrity and with team mates and fans knowing he is moving. in AFL they agree then keep it secret. dog.

what i do have a problem with is the round 13 thing. thats bullchit because teams with multi million dollar salary caps to balance make decisions based on signings only to have them renege. just kill the round 13 thing. make it a 1 month cooling off or something, preferably that period has lapsed before deal announced.

TITAN PETE
16-04-15, 09:47 PM
It started on 9 news or 7 news or whatever you guys have

The thing that worries me is..why would DCE not come out and just stamp this out altogether by reaffirming his commitment to the Titans?

But his mum did

Hail Sezer
16-04-15, 09:53 PM
But his mum did

Mama Chez has spoken

- - - Updated - - -

Chris Garry ‏@Tiger_CMail
Manly want DCE, Nate Myles and Kane Elgey. Have doubled Titans offer for Elgey. Story @couriermail

oh lawd

Titanic
16-04-15, 09:55 PM
How I miss the days when player movements were 'secret deals' and you couldn't broadcast who you'd signed with until after the season … may not have been perfect but certainly beat this.

As for our CEO, I am alternating between sympathising with him and wishing he would bugger-off … I have never been a fan of his and the lack of a home, a home field, a major sponsor and any credibility is not helping.

Elgey would feel what right now? Myles was obviously on an inflated package and that needs to be sorted. Sezer has signed elsewhere and if he didn't want to stay then we would look ridiculous if we chased him again … is he suddenly a world-beater?

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 10:01 PM
The main thing that would disappoint me if DCE backflipped is that just a few weeks ago he said on Sterlo that he was excited to help in the rebuilding phase for the club. If he does turn on the deal, that is pretty much the same as ****ting on the club.

Hope Mama Chez is right!

Toads
16-04-15, 10:15 PM
How I miss the days when player movements were 'secret deals' and you couldn't broadcast who you'd signed with until after the season … may not have been perfect but certainly beat this.

As for our CEO, I am alternating between sympathising with him and wishing he would bugger-off … I have never been a fan of his and the lack of a home, a home field, a major sponsor and any credibility is not helping.

Elgey would feel what right now? Myles was obviously on an inflated package and that needs to be sorted. Sezer has signed elsewhere and if he didn't want to stay then we would look ridiculous if we chased him again … is he suddenly a world-beater?

As time rolls on, your early assumptions in regards to our present CEO are gaining some weight, mate. Starting to become of some concern, I gotta say..

Mexican titan
16-04-15, 10:25 PM
As time rolls on, your early assumptions in regards to our present CEO are gaining some weight, mate. Starting to become of some concern, I gotta say..

I guess in fairness that when we move to a new ownership model, this drug stuff is finally put to bed, and hopefully DCE and others get signed a few things will start to fall in to place. I was hoping that the DCE announcement weeks ago might have led to something on the sponsorship front and of course things could be happening that we don't know about.
However add the points above to the stadium parking and costs issues, poor marketing of games etc and things do appear to be moving a bit slowly. Of course the best thing is to win games and the team does appear to be heading in the right direction on the field at least.

Toads
16-04-15, 10:31 PM
Nothing wrong with a bit of fairness. You only gotta take note to how things were when he took on the role, and the scandals that have unfolded since. But as with the big issues that Titanic has mentioned, he might want to get a hurry up 'n start to tick off some of those boxes, before too long..

Titanic
16-04-15, 11:00 PM
In fairness, I get no pleasure out of Annesley's situation … he has a tough, tough job, however, when we needed a heavy hitter who could get on the front foot, we got a political appointment who has only ever been seen in knee-jerk situations.

What's happened to leading from the front? The other clubs can get away with 'seen but not heard' but they aren't facing the public relations disaster that we are. Strong, decisive and engaging is what we need.

Titan4Life
16-04-15, 11:42 PM
DCE's mum putting our minds at rest:

@KellieCherry: So I guess tomorrow everyone wakes up to the truth, and you all look and feel like idiots? #pieceoftrashhey!

teke
17-04-15, 01:29 AM
Is that really his mum?

Interesting to see that she also retweeted that masturbation helps relieve menstrual cramps. Useful information for you teke.Lol. Calm your army of "Sand in the V-jj" titan retweeting crew who are losing their stuff over Make believe rumours

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 06:31 AM
My original thoughts on Annesley were that he was Searle's mate. I was led to believe that they and their families were good friends and frequently holidayed together. I was led to believe that it was another one for the big boys club in the Titan hierarchy. Then my first interaction with him was at the Titans Xmas party in his first year where he turned up very late (basically right before his speech) gave his speech, told us he couldn't stay as he had a meeting to go to and left. Which I felt basically confirmed what I was told, he had no real interest.

Heard from him a couple more times with failed training facility announcements.

After that never heard from him again till we went broke and the NRL took us over and then the cocaine scandal which I thought he handled very well. Now nothing again. I can see that with the cocaine scandal still hovering and still going to court why we haven't seen sponsors as they will be dragged through the mud when it goes to court next month.

As for the venue...what choices do we seriously have? Who's travelling to Suncorp to watch the Titans, the break even for suncorp would probably be a 20000 crowd. The Reds went through the same when they were "rebuilding". What venues on the coast could handle a crowd of say 8000 effectively in all aspects? If they take games to remote or regional areas then there is a refund coming for the members from a club that doesn't have a blank cheque from the NRL.

psmitty
17-04-15, 07:37 AM
Not happy with all this. As they say where there is smoke there is fire. I have written a letter to the titans board that this is the chance for the Titans to show leadership and push the NRL on this round 13 crazy rule. Things have to change.

5 Year Contract
17-04-15, 07:52 AM
How deflating after the high of one of our better wins in clubs history last week. I agree it could all be Bull**** for all we know but as others have said there has to be some truth to this. This club really just baffles me at times. From the weekly pain of seeing Zillman named to the constant kicks in the guts generating from the poor management of our club. I keep telling myself "always next year" and "surely it has to get better" but jesus where are our sponsors, where is our stadium deal, why is the best team not running out this week and why haven't we retained our best and brightest while we continue to rewards those whose price tag isint justified by what they put in on the field.

We are playing much better footy this year and apart from the frustrating losses we have some massive potential and some great names coming through. DCE was supposed to be the beginning of our 'new era' and I really hope he does sign on for next year. If he doesnt and we lose LG realistically where do we go from there? Another year of pain while we hopefully stay afloat and wait for another savior to come on the market.

Davis13
17-04-15, 08:20 AM
I keep hearing different story's. But imo if it wasn't true DCE himself not his manager would come out and say no this is not true. I reckon he will flip as he has kept quiet. Utterly disappointed/ guttered. The nrl should step In as it is not fair we have lost sezer aswell

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 09:52 AM
Lol. Calm your army of "Sand in the V-jj" titan retweeting crew who are losing their stuff over Make believe rumours

Haha absolutely no clue what you're referring to because I haven't retweeted anything or even posted on twitter about this. Too busy saving the world.

If they're make believe rumours then I'll stay away from posting our facebook chat because you seemed pretty convinced :thumbsup:

TitansFan92
17-04-15, 10:54 AM
Of course teke believes it. He is having a party but it will be short lived. His Manager has come out live on Radio and said it is all Bull****.

shamus
17-04-15, 10:59 AM
http://audioboom.com/boos/3092469-daley-cherry-evans-manger-chris-orr/embed/v3?eid=AQAAALg-MFX1Ly8A

Found this on Facebook

Mexican titan
17-04-15, 11:05 AM
Of course teke believes it. He is having a party but it will be short lived. His Manager has come out live on Radio and said it is all Bull****.

And you trust his Manager? I trust no managers but DCE's manager even less. This all started from something.

Mr Stupid
17-04-15, 11:07 AM
Couldn't resist sharing this observation from another forum. Doesn't add much to the debate I'm afraid:

"Even if you do a backflip, when you land, you still end up facing the same direction you were before the backflip.... so if DCE has backflipped, he is still heading to the Titans. Right?"

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 11:11 AM
Mole is adamant he is staying at Manly. Seems like a lot of people know something that we don't and his manager doesn't sound overly convincing on the radio.

teke
17-04-15, 11:13 AM
Of course teke believes it. He is having a party but it will be short lived. His Manager has come out live on Radio and said it is all Bull****.You sir are 100% correct, I'm loving this drama, I really don't care for dce either way atm but what I do enjoy is the havoc it's causing with ppls minds.

Mama chez looks like she's gonna fit right in here on the Titans board

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 11:24 AM
So what do we think is a fair market price for Myles, Elgey and Roberts?

K2G
17-04-15, 11:37 AM
I'm reluctant to comment on the possible DCE backflip, I'll wait until he fronts a presser and puts it to bed one way or another.

What I think has become a real battle for the club here is the Nate Myles issue. Do we give him what he wants (overs) if it means securing DCE? I hate to see players and their management hold clubs to ransom... but it would be a bold move for the club now to let Myles go while Daly hangs in the balance.

At the end of the day, the signature I'm still sweating on the most is LG's ... Titans can't lose focus throughout this. The young kid needs to be retained at all costs.

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 12:17 PM
So what do we think is a fair market price for Myles, Elgey and Roberts?

Myles - $450-500k
Elgey - $250-300k
Roberts - $250-300k

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 12:33 PM
Myles - $450-500k
Elgey - $250-300k
Roberts - $250-300k

I'm thinking Roberts will cost us more to sign based on the hype around him at them moment. What worries me is I would have thought that Myles would have been on between $400 and 500k so if we didn't take the contract extension then why would they think they could get him for less with the only likely lure of a two year deal?

DavidBouveng
17-04-15, 12:35 PM
Myles - $450-500k
Elgey - $250-300k
Roberts - $250-300k

I think roberts is worth a bit more on market.

and i think LG is 'worth' 150-200k as a young 3 game player and thats pushing it...but in this tug of war he will probably get 300k

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 12:42 PM
I understand the club doesn't want to be pushy to Daly but I wouldn't be going off the word of his manager:

GOLD Coast boss Graham Annesley says it would be wrong for the club to contact Daly Cherry-Evans direct about media speculation suggesting he wants to do a backflip on his deal with the Titans and stay at Manly next year.

“I’m not prepared to contact a player about a rumour while he’s still contracted to another club,” Annesley tells RLW.

“That would only put undue pressure on him when it’s nothing more than unfounded speculation,”

Cherry-Evans has a big game to play for the Sea Eagles against Canterbury at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

Annesley has been hotly pursued by the media for comment on the speculation regarding Cherry-Evans, which came to a head late on Thursday, but until now the only other comment he has made was in a statement released by the Gold Coast club on Thursday night.

http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/titans-ring-dce-unfounded-speculation/

teke
17-04-15, 12:43 PM
Roberts 200-250 first yr, Myles400 plus, lg could be anything

DIEHARD
17-04-15, 12:54 PM
You sir are 100% correct, I'm loving this drama, I really don't care for dce either way atm but what I do enjoy is the havoc it's causing with ppls minds.

Mama chez looks like she's gonna fit right in here on the Titans board

How about the havoc it is causing people's hearts? How much utter bull**** can Titans fans handle?

DCE has a lot to answer for if this is true. Especially as a QLDer and Rugby League hero.

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 01:10 PM
Roberts 200-250 first yr, Myles400 plus, lg could be anything

Roberts market value is more than that.

Titanic
17-04-15, 01:10 PM
He won't be a rugby league hero if he backflips … but sadly the Titans were always open to such abuse … going broke, being used to inflate contracts … I would like to have that pommie billionaire's cash and do some real damage in the market place … angry doesn't say it well enough.

TitansFan92
17-04-15, 01:29 PM
He won't be a rugby league hero if he backflips … but sadly the Titans were always open to such abuse … going broke, being used to inflate contracts … I would like to have that pommie billionaire's cash and do some real damage in the market place … angry doesn't say it well enough.

His money isn't worth what comes with it.... HIM

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 01:51 PM
How about the havoc it is causing people's hearts? How much utter bull**** can Titans fans handle?

DCE has a lot to answer for if this is true. Especially as a QLDer and Rugby League hero.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Teke copped a lot when DCE was signed up, only fair he gives it back at every opportunity.

teke
17-04-15, 01:59 PM
Roberts market value is more than that.A bloke that's been dumped from
multiple clubs and where his last incident Happened 6 months ago I wouldn't think he's gonna get too much over that price at the Titans (elsewhere probably). Couple that with the fact he's already stated he wants to stay here isn't the best way to negotiate a price.

I did say first yr which I think is a decent start for a player who is still a prospect.

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 02:02 PM
A bloke that's been dumped from
multiple clubs and where his last incident Happened 6 months ago I wouldn't think he's gonna get too much over that price at the Titans (elsewhere probably). Couple that with the fact he's already stated he wants to stay here isn't the best way to negotiate a price.

I did say first yr which I think is a decent start for a player who is still a prospect.

Mate....a market price is the price in which a player would be able to attract on the open market (from any club).

If we could re-sign him for ~200 that would be a bargain.

Show and Go
17-04-15, 02:02 PM
The Titans are ********s for not re-signing Myles by now anyway. He is the Captain FFS and he was helping the club sign DCE. Absolute incredible **** up if he goes to Manly and then DCE stays at Manly.

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 02:05 PM
The Titans are ********s for not re-signing Myles by now anyway. He is the Captain FFS and he was helping the club sign DCE. Absolute incredible **** up if he goes to Manly and then DCE stays at Manly.

Agree. The recruitment team has been very relaxed and not making any real effort to ensure Myles etc stay. Don't know why we haven't re-signed him and now that we waited, we will probably have to increase his offer. You'd have to think the Titans would be meeting with Myles ASAP.

Show and Go
17-04-15, 02:18 PM
It is just hopeless. DCE has come up to the Coast done the tour with Myles who he obviously gets a long with. He'd be expecting Myles to be at the club next season and to watch Myles get treated like a dog is pretty poor.

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 06:01 PM
It is just hopeless. DCE has come up to the Coast done the tour with Myles who he obviously gets a long with. He'd be expecting Myles to be at the club next season and to watch Myles get treated like a dog is pretty poor.

A dog? My dogs get treated very well. You do realise there is a salary cap to manage don't you? We can't afford to pay overs anymore, we did that with DCE, now it's market value or develop our own. The club is a business and considering how some players have treated the club recently and over the years then I fail to see how it can't just be treated as a business nowadays.

Show and Go
17-04-15, 06:13 PM
A dog? My dogs get treated very well. You do realise there is a salary cap to manage don't you? We can't afford to pay overs anymore, we did that with DCE, now it's market value or develop our own. The club is a business and considering how some players have treated the club recently and over the years then I fail to see how it can't just be treated as a business nowadays.

Yep lets show our skipper the door and help DCE decide not to bother to head to the GC. Seems like pretty ordinary business to me.

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 06:29 PM

My issue is not with the money being offered because yes there is a salary cap. The thing that I'm angry at is that the club only started negotiating with Myles in the last few days, even when they knew that he had been meeting with other clubs weeks before. Actually I don't think the club has even put forward an offer yet. We have to be smarter than that and not let our players start to get a big interest in rival clubs. Our major re-signing has to be Myles for a variety of reasons.

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 06:35 PM
Yep lets show our skipper the door and help DCE decide not to bother to head to the GC. Seems like pretty ordinary business to me.

Who's showing him the door. I could argue that Myles should be thanking the club for letting him have a career after he shat in a hallway. Show the club some loyalty. Club will always have the last right of reply for any supposed deals he has been offered. I just listen to some of these comments and think to myself thank god you don't negotiate contracts. We'd have two players who got whatever they asked for.

Hail Sezer
17-04-15, 06:39 PM
Danny Weidler ‏@Danny_Weidler
Breaking: DCE management held a recent meeting accompanied by Manly boss Joe Kelly with Fox Sports to discuss media deal to stay in Sydney.

Gettin' real

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 06:40 PM
My issue is not with the money being offered because yes there is a salary cap. The thing that I'm angry at is that the club only started negotiating with Myles in the last few days, even when they knew that he had been meeting with other clubs weeks before. Actually I don't think the club has even put forward an offer yet. We have to be smarter than that and not let our players start to get a big interest in rival clubs. Our major re-signing has to be Myles for a variety of reasons.

Things can get done a lot better in hindsight. Why the club didn't activate the one year extension is a mystery. Hopefully they get it right. If DCE pulls out cause Myles isn't here then if that's all it takes then he'll find another excuse sooner or later not be here.

At least it'll be before the end of season and not a year or two into his contract. Gives us more options and another year to rebuild or youth. I would be re-signing Elgey before Myles. He is harder to replace.

Mexican titan
17-04-15, 06:51 PM
Breaking: DCE management held a recent meeting accompanied by Manly boss Joe Kelly with Fox Sports to discuss media deal to stay in Sydney.

Gettin' real

May well be right but DCE can work for Fox from here. I think JT and others have deals with Fox and they just go to the local tv studio. Weidler is a grub but his sources are usually better than most.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's showing him the door. I could argue that Myles should be thanking the club for letting him have a career after he shat in a hallway. Show the club some loyalty. Club will always have the last right of reply for any supposed deals he has been offered. I just listen to some of these comments and think to myself thank god you don't negotiate contracts. We'd have two players who got whatever they asked for.

Spot on and until a few weeks back most on here were happy to show Myles the door. It's pathetic that his situation is linked to DCE in any way but his manager is to blame for that.

ozynorts
17-04-15, 07:28 PM
Spot on and until a few weeks back most on here were happy to show Myles the door..

Actually there was a lot of rumblings about his form last year as well I seem to recall.

Titanic
17-04-15, 07:41 PM
Couldn't agree more MT.

Two games ago our players stunk and now they are champions. Myles has pulled his finger out due to his contract, so bloody what? He owes the club big time on a lot of fronts and if this is the way the "captain" carries on then he really should just bugger off. If DCE flies then stiff bickies too … ar$ehole but never ours yet and so it's not the end of the world.

Sign Elgey and Roberts and have a back-up plan like Maloney perhaps.

DavidBouveng
17-04-15, 07:45 PM
ya the only thing that will cut me deep is if we lose elgey on top of all this crap.

i'm happy for this to be a solid rebuild and give henry a real clean slate.

If we lose DCE, ill be a bit disappointed but meh, like Titanic said hes never pulled our jersey on, so its just like he never signed. jog on mate.

JunctionBlock
17-04-15, 07:56 PM
R18 will be interesting if he pulls the pin. Should fire us all up!

Bayside Titan
17-04-15, 08:21 PM
So if DCE doesn't one to us and Sezer still goes and we retain LG by some miracle who do we partner LG in the halves? Maybe promote Fogerty? See what Benji is doing?

Toads
17-04-15, 08:31 PM
Couldn't agree more MT.

Two games ago our players stunk and now they are champions. Myles has pulled his finger out due to his contract, so bloody what? He owes the club big time on a lot of fronts and if this is the way the "captain" carries on then he really should just bugger off. If DCE flies then stiff bickies too … ar$ehole but never ours yet and so it's not the end of the world.

Sign Elgey and Roberts and have a back-up plan like Maloney perhaps.

That all sounded great, until Maloney's name was mentioned.. As with the name Bayside mentioned, I'd rather see Fogarty get a run 'n see how he pans out before shopping elsewhere for another big name..

DavidBouveng
17-04-15, 08:48 PM
some of the guys who follow the juniors closely know a couple. theres not really any marquee players outside of maloney, hodko etc..but im not sure they are a fit for us anyways. a huge part of DCEs appeal was his all round package. QLD'er, likeable, rep player etc.

maloney is not well liked on top of not being a QLDer and not being as good as DCE. hodko is a decent character, but still not as much going for us as Chez.

Townsend is only 24 and out shining Shaun Johnson over the dutch so far this year. i think his preference is sydeney...but he might be an option.

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 09:02 PM
It hurts seeing DCE carving up the Bulldogs ON ONE LEG. Hoping that it's all just rumours and it goes away soon because he is a bloody great player. Really hoping he commits to the Titans in a post match interview. Can't see it happening though.

Blade07
17-04-15, 09:04 PM
I just wish DCE would come out and say yes or no because we are all getting sick of it quickly. What about buying Todd carney or Albert Kelly or even bring presto back??? Hahah that would bring the fans back for sure

lonegull
17-04-15, 09:27 PM
Funny thing blade I was only thinking the same bring Albert back and carney couldn't do any worse

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 09:38 PM
DCE didn't front media after the game, went straight into the tunnel. Don't know if that is a good or bad sign.

Blade07
17-04-15, 09:45 PM
I see will Mathews got man of the match so good on him I don't think sign him but just letting everyone know

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 09:51 PM
Yvonne just said during first few minutes of Bulldogs/Manly game that DCE did have a meeting with Joe Kelly because he is worried he will lose corporate value if he goes to the Titans. Also his young family may be having second thoughts about moving.

TitansFan92

Gettin' real

How actuate is this guy. He has some of the best sources that I know of but he may be wrong. I hope he is wrong.

gotitans101_
I see will Mathews got man of the match so good on him I don't think sign him but just letting everyone know

Will Mathews left us a few years ago to join the Dragons. Doubt he'd want to come back.

PS Danny Weidler is an A-grade douche bag. Don't listen to a word he says.

edit: so Sampson has mentioned it as well, big deal. Any credible sources out there?

Blade07
17-04-15, 09:57 PM
Just shows he type of guy DCE really is. He's just after the $$$
He has really lost my respect no matter the outcome

gotitans101_
17-04-15, 10:00 PM
What gets me is his family have already been looking for property up on the GC, his family have already been planning their move the coast. Then all of a sudden this? Yeah, something smells off about this.

Mexican titan
17-04-15, 10:03 PM
Yvonne just said during first few minutes of Bulldogs/Manly game that DCE did have a meeting with Joe Kelly because he is worried he will lose corporate value if he goes to the Titans. Also his young family may be having second thoughts about moving.

But Joe Kelly was the bloke who offered him less money when he took over as CEO. That's crap anyway, as DCE would get plenty of corporate offers up here. As for his young family, I doubt whether a 3 year old and one year old would have much say but his missus is a northern beaches girl. So much crap going on and it's impossible to know what to believe.

Titan4Life
17-04-15, 10:27 PM
Yep apparently his wife is having second thoughts on leaving the northern beaches. Think its time Daly put on his man pants and took control of the relationship. Like they say though, 'Happy wife, happy life'.

Just would be disappointed if he didn't stick with his word. Gone are the days when someone's word actually meant something. Hoping its all just rumours though. Don't know who to believe atm.

Titanic
17-04-15, 10:42 PM
Worried about losing his value? Shouldn't that have been a part of the original decision? Imbecilic moron of the first degree … he hasn't come out to defend himself in any way suggests the rumours are more than rumours and when he contritely announces his decision everyone will say how much pressure he was under … what crap, he has created it all himself. Publicly flouting the negotiations then reneging for more bucks is hardly the way to win fans from any sector. Sure he is entitled to make what he can but deception is a pretty low way to go about it.

Numbers
18-04-15, 12:37 AM
Given the Sea Eagles were playing just 24 hours after the backflip rumour first surfaced and their position on the ladder, I can see an argument that DCE didn't want to personally address the rumour before the game at the risk of disrupting the Sea Eagles' preparation. However, it ain't real encouraging, given that it wouldn't have taken more than 5 seconds after the game to say to one of the reporters "I'm still committed to the Titans for 2016", that he didn't address it then. Again though, given the biggest question hanging over a player who signs for another team prior to finishing up with his current team is "will he really still be committed to his current team?" and his current team is stone motherless, perhaps DCE doesn't want to be seen as not 100% behind the Sea Eagles' cause at this time (think Craig Wing in a South's jersey while still at the Roosters or Benji in an Auckland jersey a couple of years back). Of course, I can see this may be giving him way too much benefit of the doubt!

When it comes down to it, I agree with what a few other posters have said, if we keep hold of local lad LG my disappointment at a DCE backflip would be low. If LG does re-sign then if DCE does come to town, good - and if he does renege, we will have plenty of extra space in the cap for the next few years and 9 months before the start of the 2016 to do something constructive with it, also good.

teke
18-04-15, 01:45 AM
DCE didn't front media after the game, went straight into the tunnel. Don't know if that is a good or bad sign.lol T4L have a warm cup of Milo and relax. Your too young to be stressed like this

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 11:46 AM
lol T4L have a warm cup of Milo and relax. Your too young to be stressed like this

Woosah :laugh:

Titan4Life
18-04-15, 12:49 PM
I'll calm down fellas but just letting you know that he will have an interview on Channel 10 tonight to talk about the whether he will honour it or not.

TitansFan92
18-04-15, 01:09 PM
I'll calm down fellas but just letting you know that he will have an interview on Channel 10 tonight to talk about the whether he will honour it or not.

This will be an interesting interview. It will show if he is a man or an a$ehole that is only after the money.

K2G
18-04-15, 01:24 PM
This will be an interesting interview. It will show if he is a man or an a$ehole that is only after the money.

Our only chance of getting him here in the first place was because he wanted the $$.

If there was nothing to the rumour, why would he need to have an exclusive interview. A post on instagram just saying the rumours are false would suffice. He's gooooone.

If manly get Myles and Elgey as well... wow. What a blow.

Numbers
18-04-15, 01:58 PM
If there was nothing to the rumour, why would he need to have an exclusive interview. A post on instagram just saying the rumours are false would suffice.

Yes, it does seem the flip is coming! The only reason it may not be 100% is that throughout this saga DCE and/or his manager have been very keen to have his mug on TV at any opportunity. This may be just another case in point. Or he may have signed a deal with Channel 10 and they see this as a high publicity way of kicking it off.

5 Year Contract
18-04-15, 02:14 PM
This is all turning into a complete joke. This whole saga has really left a sour taste even if DCE does indeed stay with the titans. I do 100% agree though this whole round 13 trade deadline is complete and utter BS. No integrity, no loyalty just guns for hire these days behind managers who orchestrate rubbish media campaigns. Lets get someone here who wants to play and wants to be the face and future of the rebuilding of our club

DavidBouveng
18-04-15, 02:29 PM
the decision 2.0

K2G
18-04-15, 02:32 PM
the decision 2.0

He'll have to have another sit down on Sterlo, giving us a blow by blow about how hard making the same decision a second time has been for him ...