PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Squad Signings and Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Titan Crius
19-02-15, 10:23 PM
First to admit neither Myles or Bird have been great for us but geez we must be travelling ok if we can let two current Origin forwards go. I was/am hoping that these two would pick up with new coaching and a better atmosphere about the place.

Not only are Myles & Bird current Origin Players & picked in starting 13 I might add, they are also current Australian Reps and you cannot get much better than that than playing for your country. Only Injury kept Myles out of last Australian Squad. They have played their hearts out for our club and yes after origin have come back jaded but so do most origin stars that have been heavily involved and should have been managed better, but now under new coaching management they will be better, no great for they are great players, imo.

Titanic
19-02-15, 10:32 PM
Sorry TC but don't agree at all ... if they brought to the club what they do at Origin time then there wouldn't be this conversation. Bird has been petulant in attitude and selfish in performance while Myles has been ponderous, plodding to the line with no creativeness.

I hope Henry has been able to correct that and maybe surgery will allow Myles to show something but we picked both these blokes up on the cheap and on the rebound so I am not optimistic.

DIEHARD
19-02-15, 10:35 PM
Good write up for us I reckon. Well pitched.

Pallas
19-02-15, 10:51 PM
It's true that both Myles' and Bird's performance have been lacklustre in recent years, but we can't just let go our two major leaders at the drop of a hat. Though in saying that, I'll would give them half a season before we start testing the waters of the marketplace.

Bayside Titan
19-02-15, 11:23 PM
B
@brentread_7 Big news at Gold Coast Titans as well, with captain Nate Myles off contract and being shopped to rival clubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Birdy and Myles could both be on the way out come 2016.

Brent Read also raised the point as to whether DCE was offered captaincy if he came and therefore we were waiting for DCE's decision before pulling the trigger on Myles

@brentread_7: @DungeyLee I was stunned myself. Agent doing shopping. Titans waiting to make decision in whether to exercise option.

I'm not really surprised TBH. I was thinking about the possibility of Myles leaving us last year when his wife was diagnosed with cancer. Not sure where she is from , but my assumption is Sydney ( just an assumption) and if she is not doing so well still it kinda makes sense that she may want to move back to Sydney for more family support etc. It also may have had an impact on Myles performance throught out the year as well.

DavidBouveng
20-02-15, 01:03 AM
i think we are beginning to plan our calary cap / roster a bit better. you cant pay two $500k odd forwards which arent hookers and still have money left for halves and fullbacks. id be happy with one to stay if they delivered. Bird gives all his effort, but chokes up the team. looking forward to seeing his form at 13.

DIEHARD
20-02-15, 04:13 AM
Nate Myles is yet to lock in his future at Gold Coast

HE has been working overtime to convince Daly Cherry-Evans to move to the Gold Coast but Nate Myles is yet to secure his future on the glitter strip as he awaits an offer from the Titans for next *season.

It is understood Gold Coast have an option to retain their captain, but the club is yet to act on that clause. As a result, Myles’ situation is being closely monitored by a handful of clubs, including the Melbourne Storm.

While the Storm’s priority is to retain young prop Jordan McLean, the club could move on Myles should those negotiations reach an impasse. Myles has been on the Gold Coast since 2012 but his wife, Tessa James, was born, raised and educated in Melbourne.

Gold Coast officials declined to comment on negotiations with Myles when contacted by The Australian yesterday, although it has become clear in recent weeks that their priority is to lure *Cherry-Evans to the club.

Myles has been enlisted to help the cause. Earlier this week the club’s skipper, a State of Origin teammate of Cherry-Evans, offered to help the Manly No 7 with house hunting.

The uncertainty about Myles adds to the intrigue already surrounding former co-captain Greg Bird, whose future has been under the microscope since he lost a share of the leadership because of off-field issues. Bird has been linked with a move away from the Gold Coast, although club officials have stressed he is going nowhere.

Interestingly, Bird and Myles, both of whom were named in the Titans side for the club’s final trial against North Queensland in Cairns tomorrow night, are partners in a coffee shop on the Gold Coast.

Meanwhile, Manly players have downplayed the impact of negotiations surrounding the future of Cherry-Evans and five-eighth Kieran Foran.

Backrower Tom Symonds said the club could understand the pair taking their time to decide their future.

“They’re both excellent players,” Symonds said. “They’re in the news for the reason that they’re the two best players in the game (coming) off contract.”

Meanwhile, Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett has revived his interest in Trent Merrin, although Penrith remain short-priced favourites to secure the services of the St George Illawarra backrower.

It is understood Bennett used last week’s All Stars camp to sound out Merrin.

Merrin has already told St George Illawarra he will leave the club at the end of the season.

The Panthers are frontrunners to sign him for 2016, although Brisbane and Cronulla have muddied the waters.

Should the Broncos prevail, it may place fresh doubt over the future of former captain Sam Thaiday, who is coming off contract.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/

Mexican titan
20-02-15, 09:36 AM
OK I will get in first. We do not need to sign Karmichael Hunt - when he gets out that is.

K2G
20-02-15, 09:57 AM
Makes those of us (me) who were stressing how good K would've been for our club back when he was considering signing, feel a bit stupid. Bullet dodged.

Mexican titan
20-02-15, 10:09 AM
Makes those of us (me) who were stressing how good K would've been for our club back when he was considering signing, feel a bit stupid. Bullet dodged.

I would have happily taken him as well. Of course he should be presumed innocent at this stage but if he is involved you just wonder why a guy earning so much would get involved in this.

JunctionBlock
20-02-15, 10:13 AM
I'm starting to think that sports "journalists" work for New Idea in their spare time. Isn't this just due process for a manager to see whats around for his client and give him options. These articles are just pure speculation and baseless. Does my head in!

Toads
20-02-15, 10:14 AM
As a Reds fan, the 47-3 blow out was pretty disappointing last Friday. Now we're yet to see if O'Conner can offer anything better. :ugh:

EDIT: So we probably dodged two bullets.

Bayside Titan
20-02-15, 12:22 PM
If we were to loose both Myles and Bird for mext year that will add about $1mil back to go after other players. IMO throw another $250k at DCE and spend the other $750k on 3 or so up and coming forwards.

DavidBouveng
20-02-15, 12:37 PM
will need to upgrade LG it seems, so thats some money for him freed up

Titan4Life
20-02-15, 03:29 PM
This better not be true :mad: :mad:

@packnaught: So has cleanskin DCE's value to the @GCTitans trebled today ? We live in interesting times �� Bring on March ASAP!

@RLW_Mole: @ceagles40nil @gctitans Safe to say he will NOT go to the Titans now.

Toads
20-02-15, 03:41 PM
@RLW_Mole: @ceagles40nil @gctitans Safe to say he will NOT go to the Titans now.

I wouldn't think DCE 'n his manager would be that thick to realise that this current indiscretion quite possibly happened under the previous guard (Carty era). And the current board and coaching staff are busting their balls to try 'n turn things around.

I know we haven't had time to develop a better track record, but at least they're trying. So I guess we're still in for a shot to try 'n jag DCE.

One can only hope.. *fingers crossed*

DavidBouveng
20-02-15, 04:41 PM
if he was 50/50, this doesnt help. if he was sold the chance to help re build a club...as much someone might like that challenge, things like this put it into mission impossible territory, and he has a good cause to decline.

players dont realise what they are doing to the club. FFS makes me mad.

Toads
20-02-15, 04:51 PM
If anything, I guess DCE would need assurance from the remaining squad members that they have their priorities sorted.

It's high time the club implemented the 'No ********s' policy.

DavidBouveng
20-02-15, 05:33 PM
If anything, I guess DCE would need assurance from the remaining squad members that they have their priorities sorted.

It's high time the club implemented the 'No ********s' policy.

NRL guidelines suggest teams need a minimum of 25 squad members.

Toads
20-02-15, 05:39 PM
Oh ok, we better retain our ********s then.. :p

shamus
20-02-15, 05:45 PM
Oh ok, we better retain our ********s then.. :p

I wasn't going anywhere Toads.. :banana:

Toads
20-02-15, 05:56 PM
LOL.. You're alright, mate. :thumbsup:

teke
20-02-15, 06:14 PM
Rumours are Manly have some big announcements next week :banana:

DavidBouveng
20-02-15, 06:16 PM
if we shut down, the changes needed to turn this into a manly forum would be minimal.

Show and Go
20-02-15, 06:17 PM
Rumours are Manly have some big announcements next week :banana:

Keiran Foran re-signing. No big deal.

amaline
20-02-15, 07:14 PM
This better not be true :mad: :mad:

@packnaught: So has cleanskin DCE's value to the @GCTitans trebled today ? We live in interesting times �� Bring on March ASAP!

If I was into conspiracy theories I might find it interesting that both times we have been close to securing a champion halfback that could possibly turn our club around something has huge has come up...

Bayside Titan
20-02-15, 07:16 PM
If I was into conspiracy theories I might find it interesting that both times we have been close to securing a champion halfback that could possibly turn our club around something has huge has come up...

I with you. That's News Limitfor you and Peter Badel. He has wanted Titans gone for a long time.

DavidBouveng
20-02-15, 07:39 PM
he cant co ordinate a C&C arrest to happen in the week preceding DCE.

If he did, DCE should probably thank him.

JunctionBlock
20-02-15, 08:33 PM
Is there any chance that with Falloon out of the way, Moseley becomes first choice, Mortimer moves to the bench or vice versa and Elgey gets a run in the halves. Didn't Henry rate Srama below Falloon, Carter and Mortimer? (looks like a Srama hit list now)

Hail Sezer
20-02-15, 08:37 PM
Is there any chance that with Falloon out of the way, Moseley becomes first choice, Mortimer moves to the bench or vice versa and Elgey gets a run in the halves. Didn't Henry rate Srama below Falloon, Carter and Mortimer? (looks like a Srama hit list now)

Hazard will likely fill the utility position I reckon

K2G
20-02-15, 10:44 PM
Titans’ pursuit for star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans sours following drug scandal

CHRIS GARRY AND PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/titans-pursuit-for-star-halfback-daly-cherry-evans-sours-following-drug-scandal/story-fniabrr8-1227233030065) FEBRUARY 20, 2015 11:00PM

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/02/20/1227233/029673-cd7746ca-b8e2-11e4-a901-79cc3d20af7b.jpg

THE Gold Coast Titans’ cocaine scandal has put their pursuit of Daly Cherry-Evans on life support.

The Titans were already struggling to come up with third party sponsorship deals to match Manly Sea Eagles’ offer and now two of their players have been charged for supplying cocaine.

The Titans are trying to institute a “no wankers” policy at the club and have repeatedly quelled Cherry-Evans’ concerns their culture was not up to NRL standard and their resources could not produce a premiership.

Culture, not money, was the Titans’ main pitch to Cherry-Evans but now they can’t even promise him that.

Already without a major sponsor, the charging of two Titans players is a serious blow to the club’s brand rebuild.

Titans’ staff were quietly confident of snaring Cherry-Evans, but the charging of Beau Falloon and Jamie Dowling with cocaine supply has them privately fearing the Manly star is now no chance of moving north.

The Titans were selling Cherry-Evans on being part of the re-birth of a club, a chance to do what Greg Inglis did when he joined South Sydney and transform a club from rebuilders to premiers.

Cherry-Evans’ manager Gavin Orr gave the Titans hope on Friday that his client remained in their sights.

Orr said the Test playmaker, who turned 26 on Friday, was seriously weighing up whether to join the Titans next season.

“He’s celebrating his birthday today and hanging out with his family,” Orr said.

“Daly will make his decision in the next week. The Titans are a genuine option, he wouldn’t have visited them if he wasn’t. ”But whether this incident affects his opinion, I can’t answer that right now.

“Daly values his brand but one incident doesn’t make the Titans a bad club. I’ll talk to him in the coming days and we’ll make a call in the near future.”

From 2011 to 2014, the Titans’ culture lurched into disgrace.

This year was meant to be a new beginning but an incident from last year has destroyed the solid foundations coach Neil Henry and the off-field staff had built.

The new Titans regime has been working tirelessly to restore the club’s credibility, which began when they stripped Greg Bird of the captaincy for urinating in public.

It was a direct confrontation to the playing group, that this version of the Titans would not tolerate poor behaviour.

Then they sacked Paul Carter for repeated alcohol offences to reinforce their message.

Now the poor behaviour of players has seriously impacted the club’s future as an NRL entity.

Toads
21-02-15, 02:35 AM
A bit of promising news that gives us a glimmer of hope..

Julius Sezer
21-02-15, 04:14 AM
there is something wrong with the club

Titanic Believer
21-02-15, 08:29 AM
there is something wrong with the club

nicely understated

DavidBouveng
21-02-15, 10:33 AM
nicely said by the manager. didnt stick the boot in, gave us hope on a day when there is little going around.

RenegadeGC
22-02-15, 10:46 AM
This may seem way out of left field. But with a large demographic of kiwi and Polynesians living in the SEQ region, wouldn't it be interesting to see the Titans sign a few more of these players mainly high profile ones. You notice when ever the kiwis or Warriors play there the stadium is packed. I think this would be a great ploy to get more support behind the side.

Show and Go
22-02-15, 06:32 PM
Maybe it is time to throw some $$ at Trent Merrin.

Titanic
22-02-15, 06:56 PM
Merrin > Myles or Bird or Taylor (> = greater than)

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 07:07 PM
Merrin > Myles or Bird or Taylor (> = greater than)

lol'd at the fact you had to explain that after last times train-wreck

DavidBouveng
22-02-15, 07:08 PM
happy with Merrin as mentioned in another thread. have the cash, but you dont get the chance to rebuild often, so we cant go overboard out of desperation. DCE is the only one that we could be excused for going a bit crazy for.

Bayside Titan
22-02-15, 07:16 PM
What about Costigin? He would be alright?

Show and Go
22-02-15, 07:34 PM
If you are talking about Neville Costigan I think we are better off not going there. Maybe for this season if we are desperate but I'd prefer to find younger guys to blood.

Show and Go
22-02-15, 09:04 PM
This is a bit ridiculous but if we can't get DCE to sign and we have plenty of cash to spend I wouldn't mind us chasing Billy Slater. I know he is getting on but he fits a big need on and off the field. Probably never happen but it could work.

JunctionBlock
22-02-15, 09:14 PM
I doubt we could attract Jordan Rankin back to the club at this stage. Not to mention the exodus of current players that will be leaving at the end of this year when their contracts are up. The club has no bargaining power at the moment.

Titan4Life
22-02-15, 09:25 PM
I now suppose that Ingram, Paasi, Li and Sironen will all get contracts full time. At least that will add SOME depth.

Titanic
22-02-15, 09:34 PM
I doubt we could attract Jordan Rankin back to the club at this stage.
Why not? He wants to play for us.

Not to mention the exodus of current players that will be leaving at the end of this year when their contracts are up. The club has no bargaining power at the moment.
The almighty dollar is a wonderful incentive.

I now suppose that Ingram, Paasi, Li and Sironen will all get contracts full time. At least that will add SOME depth.
And so they should. They want to play for us too.

Mexican titan
22-02-15, 09:37 PM
What about Costigin? He would be alright?

Hasn't Costigan had his demons in the past as well. I also thought he was a bit of a thug to be honest. I reckon from now no more recruiting of people that have screwed up elsewhere. No d1ckheads policy for sure. Just about everyone said we would get burnt one day and we sure have. Sure Falloon (as far as I know) was a cleanskin, when you have a captain that had very poor form previously, there was a fair chance some of that would rub off.
For me now we only want blokes that still live with mum and go to bed when Big Dog says. Well at least blokes that are happy with a dozen schooners and know how lucky they are to be well paid for doing something they supposedly enjoy.

shamus
22-02-15, 09:38 PM
Did someone say schooners..

....and I know u said something Toads...I just can't find it lol

Titan4Life
22-02-15, 09:39 PM
As I said in the other thread, we don't need to do any recruiting for 2015. Focus on blooding the young guys and sign our trialists.

teke
22-02-15, 09:43 PM
As I said in the other thread, we don't need to do any recruiting for 2015. Focus on blooding the young guys and sign our trialists.Certainly can recruit better options than our trialists if possible.

Titan4Life
22-02-15, 09:50 PM
Certainly can recruit better options than our trialists if possible.

Who is left on the market at this stage?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, what do you guys think of Riethmuller? I think he'd be a good buy for the club. Not a great player but he is a hard worker and a great replacement for the lock spot.

Bayside Titan
22-02-15, 09:59 PM
Hasn't Costigan had his demons in the past as well. I also thought he was a bit of a thug to be honest. I reckon from now no more recruiting of people that have screwed up elsewhere. No d1ckheads policy for sure. Just about everyone said we would get burnt one day and we sure have. Sure Falloon (as far as I know) was a cleanskin, when you have a captain that had very poor form previously, there was a fair chance some of that would rub off.
For me now we only want blokes that still live with mum and go to bed when Big Dog says. Well at least blokes that are happy with a dozen schooners and know how lucky they are to be well paid for doing something they supposedly enjoy.

Sorry. Just threw a few names out.

Mexican titan
22-02-15, 10:03 PM
Sorry. Just threw a few names out.

That's cool mate. Let's face it every decent and every dog NRL player will get linked with us now. We have plenty of cash to spend but we will get used to bump the contract values up.

TITAN PETE
22-02-15, 10:10 PM
PNG is becoming a Gold Mine & we have one player trying to get a run in the 20's, surely we could unearth a diamond

Hail Sezer
22-02-15, 10:12 PM
PNG is becoming a Gold Mine & we have one player trying to get a run in the 20's, surely we could unearth a diamond

Garry Lo comes to mind

DavidBouveng
22-02-15, 10:13 PM
Garry Lo comes to mind

we have had plenty of high players, so im happy to try a Lo

Titan4Life
22-02-15, 10:15 PM

You have been on fire tonight mate :laugh: :laugh:

Mexican titan
22-02-15, 10:16 PM

Time to draw a line with the drug jokes!

Titanic
22-02-15, 11:23 PM
Time to draw a line with the drug jokes!
Stop with the snow job, MT, why not put it on ice or you're gunna get a smack?

JunctionBlock
23-02-15, 07:16 AM
Why not? He wants to play for us.

The almighty dollar is a wonderful incentive.

Rankins comments were before this broke. Money only goes so far before you need to play for a club and with players you can trust. Lets be realistic, unless every other club is embroiled in this, recruiting is on the back burner.

Bayside Titan
23-02-15, 11:01 AM
From Moley.
MANLY are set to target Titans playmaker Aidan Sezer as a potential replacement for in-demand duo Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

With both players being chased by a posse of clubs, the Sea Eagles are privately resigned to losing at least one for 2016.

That leaves a massive hole in the halves — one the Sea Eagles believe Sezer can fill.

One of the best kickers in general play in the NRL, Sezer hails from Sydney, where he played his early football in the Bulldogs ranks.

The Titans star is homesick and, outside of DC-E and Foran, is one of the best halves on the open market.
But he won’t come cheap — several Sydney clubs are also looking to pounce on Sezer if he returns home next season.

JunctionBlock
23-02-15, 12:07 PM
Why is it that when he's referred to as a Titan he's not considered good enough, all of a sudden Sydney clubs want him and he has one of the best kicking games in the NRL?

TITAN PETE
23-02-15, 01:00 PM
From Moley.
MANLY are set to target Titans playmaker Aidan Sezer as a potential replacement for in-demand duo Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran.

With both players being chased by a posse of clubs, the Sea Eagles are privately resigned to losing at least one for 2016.

That leaves a massive hole in the halves — one the Sea Eagles believe Sezer can fill.

One of the best kickers in general play in the NRL, Sezer hails from Sydney, where he played his early football in the Bulldogs ranks.

The Titans star is homesick and, outside of DC-E and Foran, is one of the best halves on the open market.
But he won’t come cheap — several Sydney clubs are also looking to pounce on Sezer if he returns home next season.

He's not even the best kicker at our club :surprise:

Bayside Titan
23-02-15, 01:19 PM
One positive that I can try to take out of the current situation is that if the players that are caught in this thing are sacked we would have serious money to shop with for 2016. Maybe $2.2mil +......

TITAN PETE
23-02-15, 01:24 PM
One positive that I can try to take out of the current situation is that if the players that are caught in this thing are sacked we would have serious money to shop with for 2016. Maybe $2.2mil +......

DCE & Taumololo that should cover it :eyebrows:

JunctionBlock
23-02-15, 02:40 PM
We are the new Canberra. We will have the same issues as them now attracting rep or decent players. Lets not kid ourselves here.

mdrew
23-02-15, 02:50 PM
Full blown youth approach over the next year or two it is for me!

Show and Go
23-02-15, 03:02 PM
We are the new Canberra. We will have the same issues as them now attracting rep or decent players. Lets not kid ourselves here.

The GC is a much nicer place to live though. Plus we should be able to get QLD guys to come home if they want to live in the SEQ

karnage
23-02-15, 03:26 PM

Hmmmm.... Scary, but possibly very true.

Hail Sezer
24-02-15, 11:35 PM
The Gold Coast Titans will have $4 million to go on a recruitment spree

TODD BALYM AND PETER BADEL
NEWS LIMITED
FEBRUARY 24, 2015 11:00PM

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/02/24/1227237/577699-d496c46a-bbf5-11e4-a901-79cc3d20af7b.jpg

GOLD Coast will be armed with a $4 million war chest and the financial surety of the NRL to embark on a recruitment spree which could make Neil Henry’s team the power hitters of the competition.

After years of uncertainty and being forced to pick the scraps off the player market by recycling troubled players on second chances, the Titans now have the confidence and bargaining power to reach for the stars.

Manly halfback Daly Cherry-Evans remains a priority and Tuesday’s ownership takeover by the NRL has significantly improved their standing for the Test No. 7, while their pockets remained heavily lined for next season.

It is believed the Titans have about $3.5m in the cap still to spend on 2016 contracts, while the uncertainty over the futures of Origin stars Greg Bird and Dave Taylor due to drugs charges could add a further $1m to their bulging wallets.

Gold Coast will be the most active club in the player market and now they know their future is secure, they can extend their interest in other players rather than waiting for a response from their top priority.

The Titans' recruitment arm has fielded more than 30 calls in past 48 hours from player managers offering players to the club. The Titans remain confident their $3m offer to Cherry-Evans will be the superior package on the market.

Cherry-Evans is understood to have met the Canterbury Bulldogs on Tuesday and the Dragons have also emerged as a contender, with the club looking for a long-term replacement for Benji Marshall.

But the Titans know they are in with a genuine chance, with chief executive Graham Annesley set to contact his management to ensure the 25-year-old is well aware of the new strength and governing body backing the Titans now possess.

“Absolutely this is the best news that players both current and potentially in the future could have got,” Annesley said.

“This wipes away any suggestion whatsoever the club or the club’s future was in doubt.

“The NRL have made it very clear, the club is here and here to stay and it has no financial concerns going forward because the NRL is paying the bills.”

For years the Titans have perhaps diluted their culture by signing players off the scrap heap, unable to attract top talent to the Gold Coast due to the ongoing financial uncertainty that has stretched back several years.

Chairwoman Rebecca Frizelle believes removing that issue will reap rewards when attracting key personnel to the club, whether they are players, staff or even sponsors.

“That goes without saying. For years we’ve had to struggle that we weren’t a strong entity on the Gold Coast,” Frizelle said.

“Today puts all that to rest, it’s not even on table for discussion anymore.

“Anyone, whether they be a sponsor, a future employee or a potential marquee player, has surety in the future of the Gold Coast Titans and confidence it will be a long term player in the NRL.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/the-gold-coast-titans-will-have-4-million-to-go-on-a-recruitment-spree/story-fniabrr8-1227237577725

TitansFan92
25-02-15, 07:49 AM
So with supposedly 3.5mill in our cap to spend and another million if Bird and Taylor go who would you resign from the club and who would your targets be from other clubs.

My List.

Resign: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey, Christian Hazard, Shaun Hudson, Jai Ingram, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Aidan Sezer (Most likely he will leave and I wouldn't put up to much of a fight to keep him).

Targets: DCE, Trent Merrin, Konrad Hurrell would be my main 3 targets. Other targets, Thomas Burgess, Alex Glenn, Ethan Lowe, Daniel Vidot, Shaun Kenny-Dowall. I would be happy with that. Bring some depth and experience to the club while we bring though our juniors and get them up to NRL standard.

Titan4Life
25-02-15, 08:09 AM
My list would be:

Resign: James Roberts, Nate Myles, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey (depending on form this year), Christian Hazard (also depending on form), Mark Ioane, Ben Ridge, Eddy Pettybourne

Targets: DCE, Alex Glenn, Konrad Hurrell, Trent Merrin, SKD

Obviously form this year will decide who we sign and resign but they would be mine at this point. All of our targets could add something positive to our club.

Titan Crius
25-02-15, 08:24 AM
So with supposedly 3.5mill in our cap to spend and another million if Bird and Taylor go who would you resign from the club and who would your targets be from other clubs.
My List. Resign: Caleb Binge, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey, Christian Hazard, Shaun Hudson, Jai Ingram, Mark Ioane, Nate Myles, Eddy Pettybourne, Ben Ridge, James Roberts, Aidan Sezer (Most likely he will leave and I wouldn't put up to much of a fight to keep him).
Targets: DCE, Trent Merrin, Konrad Hurrell would be my main 3 targets. Other targets, Thomas Burgess, Alex Glenn, Ethan Lowe, Daniel Vidot, Shaun Kenny-Dowall. I would be happy with that. Bring some depth and experience to the club while we bring though our juniors and get them up to NRL standard.

My list would be: Resign: James Roberts, Nate Myles, Davin Crampton, Kane Elgey (depending on form this year), Christian Hazard (also depending on form), Mark Ioane, Ben Ridge, Eddy Pettybourne
Targets: DCE, Alex Glenn, Konrad Hurrell, Trent Merrin, SKD
Obviously form this year will decide who we sign and resign but they would be mine at this point. All of our targets could add something positive to our club.

I agree with both good posts, but would also add another excellent NYC Player, Anthony Coleman to be resigned (who was NYC player of the year 2014) and added to NRL squad next year along with Huddo (both are doing some training 1/week with our NRL Squad this year, and we should definitely be bringing on our very good NYC players, for we just cant take every good player in the NRL, and look at our backyard where honestly we have some great talent coming through, as we have one of the best junior league areas in the country + northern rivers. (Yes bring on a Reserve Grade Comp, but thats another topic)

mdrew
25-02-15, 08:45 AM
Have to agree, Anthony Coleman and Shaun Hudson certainly do look to have solid careers ahead of them, so do a number of other NYC players in this year’s squad including outside back Brian Kelly, half Dan Schwass and forwards such are James Iodice, Sam Swift, Pharis Wilson, Deason Fletcher and Oshae Tuiasau. I will not carry on about the quality of our juniors (you have heard all before from me) from U13 to U18 but they are exceptional and we need to take advantage of this “golden age” of junior titans currently on our books. Supplement the progression of our juniors with targeted signings from other clubs and supporters will at least be encouraged that the Titans are looking after their own backyard.

titanfan2015
25-02-15, 08:56 AM
Have to agree, Anthony Coleman and Shaun Hudson certainly do look to have solid careers ahead of them, so do a number of other NYC players in this year’s squad including outside back Brian Kelly, half Dan Schwass and forwards such are James Iodice, Sam Swift, Pharis Wilson, Deason Fletcher and Oshae Tuiasau. I will not carry on about the quality of our juniors (you have heard all before from me) from U13 to U18 but they are exceptional and we need to take advantage of this “golden age” of junior titans currently on our books. Supplement the progression of our juniors with targeted signings from other clubs and supporters will at least be encouraged that the Titans are looking after their own backyard.

TC & MD - seems Anthony Coleman has the goods, hopefully see him get a run in NRL this year if not signed for next years NRL squad

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 09:24 AM
Great discussion above, agree with the general consensus

IMO:

Re-sign: Elgey, Huddo, Roberts, Ioane, Myles. Crampton & Hazard to be given this year to prove their worth

Target: DCE, Aitken/Hurrell/Kata, Docker, Napa, Ofahengauhe, Grevsmuhl. Taumalolo is an unrealistic goal given his pricetag (I feel the same about Merrin -not worth 800k)

Elevate to NRL from 20's: Schwass, Coleman, Hudson (as mentioned previously), Wilson, Iodice, Kelly, Tuiasau

Priority to elevate to 20's from MM Cup: Ethan Paikea, Caleb Williams, GL, Ethan Roberts, Tyrone Roberts-Davis, Keanu Dawson (already in 20s). I'm missing a lot of these u18 players but mdrew and Renegade will be able to fill you all in.

I included our juniors because we have a lot of talent coming through and these players are all pushing to be selected in the above tier of footy to which they are currently in. The above just outlines off the top of my head who these players currently are.

Hail Sezer
25-02-15, 06:26 PM
Unlikely Titans trio could fill gaps

By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
4:00pm Wed 25th February, 2015

http://www.nrl.com/Portals/NRL/images/39/39765_20_2.jpg

Three players handed career lifelines by the Titans just last week may now play a crucial role in giving Gold Coast fans something to cheer about when the NRL season kicks off.

As the club looks to move forward with the financial security of the NRL behind it, Agnatius Paasi, Jai Ingram and Leva Li can now set their sights on making an impact after signing one-year contracts with the Titans.

All three players were faced with the prospect of a 'train and trial' contract with the Titans over the off-season as being their last shot at the big time, but they may now be given more opportunities under coach Neil Henry than they'd previously imagined.

Five current members of the Titans' top squad are presently suspended from all club activities as they await their days in court on drugs-related charges. As such, there is doubt that those players would be available for Round 1 against Wests Tigers, opening the door for the likes of Paasi, Ingram and Li to earn an NRL call-up.

Paasi is the only one of the trio with an NRL game to his name having debuted for the Warriors in Round 19 last season, but was offered only a trial contract again for the 2015 season.

Paasi made the tough decision to temporarily leave his partner and young son behind in New Zealand while he chased a new opportunity on the Gold Coast, where he had previously attended famed rugby league school Keebra Park High.

He began the summer well short of NRL condition but has impressed Titans coaching staff with his application and was one of the side's best performers in their trial win over the Warriors two weeks ago.

Ingram is the one who could benefit most, with the long-term pectoral injury suffered by Ben Ridge also creating space in the Titans back row.

Recruited by the Cowboys while still a schoolboy in Townsville, Ingram had stints in both the Storm and Bulldogs systems before repeated serious knee injuries forced him to leave the game for two years as he worked as a personal trainer in Hervey Bay.

He too had some bright spots in the trial game at Toowoomba but faces stiff competition from the likes of Ryan James, Matt Robinson, Ryan Simpkins, Eddy Pettybourne and Lachlan Burr for a spot in the Gold Coast 17.

"I had a chat with Neil and he said to me that I'm improving in all areas and the one area he wants me to work on is getting more mentally tough," Ingram told NRL.com.

"The one thing I really want to work on this year is getting mentally tough because if I can get mentally tough I can make better decisions when I'm fatigued. It doesn't matter how tired I am, if I'm mentally tough I'll be able to back it up.

"I'll probably give footy another year or two and by then I'll be 25 and we still do have the business back in Hervey Bay but I really want to study and do something with little kids.

"I've got a little boy now and you might have the world's worst day but you get home and there's so much life in these young kids, it's pretty cool."

With the depth of outside backs at the club Leva Li may have longer to wait to make his NRL debut after stints in the under-20s with Wests Tigers and Parramatta.

A strapping 20-year-old winger with a strong carry, Li has been touted by coach Henry as a project for the future but should suspensions and injuries hit hard, his time may come sooner rather than later.

http://www.nrl.com/unlikely-titans-trio-could-fill-gaps/tabid/10874/newsid/84043/default.aspx

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 07:51 PM
I'm Happy for all 3 players to get a contract even without the past weeks drama , I think Li could own a wing spot before too long

Titanic
25-02-15, 10:58 PM
What's happened to Sironen?

teke
26-02-15, 01:56 AM
I'm Happy for all 3 players to get a contract even without the past weeks drama , I think Li could own a wing spot before too longinteresting cause all reviews of Li has led me to believe he's ordinary

DIEHARD
28-02-15, 11:28 PM
Sea Eagles to target rising Titans star if Daly Cherry-Evans agrees to Gold Coast switch

THE Manly Sea Eagles intend to strike back at the Gold Coast should Daly Cherry-Evans join the Titans by targeting under 20s player of the year Kane Elgey.

The Gold Coast has tabled Cherry-Evans a $3 million three-year deal, with the Manly playmaker expected to announce his future any day.

But the Sea Eagles intend to retaliate at the Titans, attempting to poach the rookie halfback who won last year’s under 20s player of the year award despite the Gold Coast finishing second last.

Manly remain adamant they are still fighting to retain star halves Cherry-Evans and Foran, but both appeared poised to leave at various stages of the past seven days.

While DCE is favoured to join Gold Coast since the NRL stepped in to take control of the club, Foran is the subject of a four-year $4.7 million offer from the Parramatta Eels.

Given the Sea Eagles travel to Pirtek Stadium next Friday night for their opening match of the season, it places the Kiwi five-eighth in an extremely delicate position.

Manly wanted an answer from both Cherry-Evans and Foran before the season started, but Foran appears certain to continue to deliberate over what is the most important decision of his career.

Ten days ago the Manly five-eighth attended a meeting with Sea Eagles Immortal Bob Fulton and teammates Brett Stewart and Steve Matai, with the no.6 leaving convinced he would remain on the northern peninsula.

The Sea Eagles then went out and played poorly against the Roosters in a trial in Gosford last weekend, forcing Foran to rethink his future.

While Cherry-Evans has been photographed attending meetings with the Gold Coast and Cronulla Sharks, turning his negotiations into a circus, Foran has chosen to try and fly as far under the radar as possible.

The Manly playmaker and local junior has refused to even entertain rival clubs offers until he was clear about where his future lay with the Sea Eagles.

Over the course of the past seven days, Foran appears to be inching closer towards joining the Eels.

Should Manly lose both halves, the club will be forced to target the likes of Elgey, James Maloney, Michael Morgan and Trent Hodkinson.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

Show and Go
01-03-15, 08:45 AM
It makes sense but surely we can put a decent contract to Elgey regardless of the signing of DCE. You would hope the lure of playing beside DCE keeps him at the club. The issue I see is him leaving if we don't get DCE.

TitansFan92
01-03-15, 01:51 PM
I don't see LG leaving if we get DCE. Any player in there right mind would what to stay to play with him.

teke
01-03-15, 03:11 PM
I don't see LG leaving if we get DCE. Any player in there right mind would what to stay to play with him.If you're a young prospect who knows he can play first grade in the near future and another club like Manly throw money at you, it would b hard to turn it down.

Delicious David
01-03-15, 06:13 PM
If you're a young prospect who knows he can play first grade in the near future and another club like Manly throw money at you, it would b hard to turn it down.
Clear your inbox brah I want to taunt you.:thumbsup:

TitansFan92
01-03-15, 11:54 PM
If you're a young prospect who knows he can play first grade in the near future and another club like Manly throw money at you, it would b hard to turn it down.

I see Sezer leaving so that means there is a spot in the halfs available for LG. Manly can have Sezer

teke
02-03-15, 12:11 AM
I see Sezer leaving so that means there is a spot in the halfs available for LG. Manly can have Sezerso 2 natural halfbacks in the team? Don't think so

Hail Sezer
02-03-15, 06:21 AM
so 2 natural halfbacks in the team? Don't think so

I do :)

TitansFan92
02-03-15, 08:57 AM

LG can also play 5/8 very well so I don't see a problem with it.

TITAN PETE
02-03-15, 02:17 PM

Considering DCE will never play half while Cronk is in the Aussie & Qld side I think DCE shows how much value he will bring to any team..outside of just a number 7

CanterburyMember
03-03-15, 01:04 AM

Worked well for Souths.

teke
03-03-15, 01:43 AM
Worked well for Souths.in 20 min spurts and even then Sutton was on the field a lot of the time. I'd rather have dce and lg on the field in Titans colours than not

CanterburyMember
03-03-15, 02:22 PM
Jarryd Hayne announcement has probably put the DCE announcement off for a little bit now.

in 20 min spurts and even then Sutton was on the field a lot of the time. I'd rather have dce and lg on the field in Titans colours than not

That was the beginning. Interesting to see how it involves, I wouldn't gamble against it.

K2G
04-03-15, 10:58 AM
From Leva Li's instagram

Proud to say I'll be a Titan for the next two years....

Congrats to the kid for earning a contract. Hope for big things from him :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
04-03-15, 06:28 PM
Jarryd Hayne announcement has probably put the DCE announcement off for a little bit now.

That was the beginning. Interesting to see how it involves, I wouldn't gamble against it.

i know what you are saying, but i reckon DCe would have loved to drop the bomb during Haynes presser.

no reason for him to want it to be a big deal a day before new season, unless he is staying. if he is leaving manly i think hed want as little fuss as possible and to get back to the game.

CanterburyMember
04-03-15, 07:10 PM
i know what you are saying, but i reckon DCe would have loved to drop the bomb during Haynes presser.

no reason for him to want it to be a big deal a day before new season, unless he is staying. if he is leaving manly i think hed want as little fuss as possible and to get back to the game.

it wouldn't matter what DCE the person would want. The decision comes down to what get the most positive exposure for whatever club and that club's partners.

Its the way the world works, especially the business world.

Toads
04-03-15, 07:15 PM
For real??

Show and Go
04-03-15, 07:24 PM
Manly have pulled their contract offer to DCE off the table.

DavidBouveng
04-03-15, 08:19 PM
it wouldn't matter what DCE the person would want. The decision comes down to what get the most positive exposure for whatever club and that club's partners.

Its the way the world works, especially the business world.

i very much doubt there will be a press conference with Daly holding up a titans jersey if he signed with us. people can barely handle players signing for a season away as it is. he might do a doorstop presser, but i wouldnt be suprised if its just a press release. If he re signs with manly then he might sit at a table and announce it.

our club even making a song and dance about it would be classless also. we need to be big enough to know its a huge boost but not rub the games fans up by announcing a player that signed almost due to us going broke and getting bailed out.

it would be huge news for club he signs with and first on every sports bulletin and back page of papers if it was only a confirmed tweet from daly or his manager.

i feel like we will have different opinions on this no matter what, which is fine, and we shall see who is closer to the money in next couple of days i imagine.

Titanic
04-03-15, 09:28 PM
There's not much win for anybody accept the player now - 50% of the fans will be ecstatic (that's us) and 50% will be peeved (that's them) but announcing it now-ish just detracts from whatever effort our blokes are going to put in which is really in poor taste.

Mexican titan
04-03-15, 09:39 PM
There's not much win for anybody accept the player now - 50% of the fans will be ecstatic (that's us) and 50% will be peeved (that's them) but announcing it now-ish just detracts from whatever effort our blokes are going to put in which is really in poor taste.

Well put. Manly are trying to prepare for a game in 48 with this going on. If DCE announces he is coming here in the next few days/weeks then the likes of Sezer, Mortimer and LG wonder what the future is for them as the season just starts. You also have the situation that if DCE and Merrin have a couple of bad games people will say that they are already looking to next year. It's a very unsatisfactory situation allround.

CanterburyMember
05-03-15, 01:44 AM
i very much doubt there will be a press conference with Daly holding up a titans jersey if he signed with us. people can barely handle players signing for a season away as it is. he might do a doorstop presser, but i wouldnt be suprised if its just a press release. If he re signs with manly then he might sit at a table and announce it.

our club even making a song and dance about it would be classless also. we need to be big enough to know its a huge boost but not rub the games fans up by announcing a player that signed almost due to us going broke and getting bailed out.

it would be huge news for club he signs with and first on every sports bulletin and back page of papers if it was only a confirmed tweet from daly or his manager.

i feel like we will have different opinions on this no matter what, which is fine, and we shall see who is closer to the money in next couple of days i imagine.

I didnt state there would be a press conference or DCE holding any Titans gear. What I stated is that the decision will announced when it has the potential to get the most exposure. It may well come as a tweet or a press release or whatever but it'll come then.

Got to remember these days, the player is a brand in itself and any player manager worth their large pay checks knows this and wouldn't allow such a client to make such a huge and career defining decision be overshadowed by anything else.

Show and Go
07-03-15, 09:54 AM
Now that we have signed DCE I am super keen to see who else we can manage to sign. We need to be astute with signings and hopefully pick up some bargains.

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 10:36 AM
Now that we have signed DCE I am super keen to see who else we can manage to sign. We need to be astute with signings and hopefully pick up some bargains.

recent signings since the new recruiting team have been astute, but now there will be a bit more cred and interest from topm level players to fill gaps around role players we have signed like pettybourne and hala

ozynorts
07-03-15, 11:32 AM

I think we have enough bargains for now, we need to pick up a couple of other key position players and work over the rest of the roster.

TITAN PETE
07-03-15, 11:46 AM
I think we have enough bargains for now, we need to pick up a couple of other key position players and work over the rest of the roster.

Agree but we may pick up a bargain or 2 because we have signed DCE..

2 young props & a centre to start with

TitansFan92
07-03-15, 11:58 AM
Agree but we may pick up a bargain or 2 because we have signed DCE..

2 young props & a centre to start with

I think we should go hard after Hurrell and Napa this is after we resign LG. He should be our priority now.

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 10:25 PM
Gold Coast Titans chasing Maroons forward Chris McQueen as they continue spending spree post Daly Cherry-Evans coup
Peter Badel The Courier-Mail
March 07, 2015 10:00PM

QUEENSLAND Origin forward Chris McQueen is on the Titans’ radar as the club prepares to open a $2.5 million war chest following the signing of Daly Cherry-Evans.

The Sunday Mail can reveal the cashed-up Titans are ready to ride the momentum of their Cherry-Evans coup by targeting more big names to support the Maroons playmaker.

Representatives for three NRL players, including an off-contract Broncos star, have contacted Titans hierarchy in the past week as speculation intensified Cherry-Evans would join the Gold Coast.

That is the magnetic appeal of the Test playmaker, who will be given input on who the Titans hire and fire as coach Neil Henry builds a squad to lift the club out of the premiership cellar.

“I would like to think him signing would galvanise thoughts about the club and also possibly make the club an attractive place to come in the future,” Henry said.

“Good players attract other players. JT (Thurston) is the same, people want to play with those sorts of players.

“He has been part of a very successful, hard working club for a number of years through his whole NRL career.

“Manly have been regular finals appearances, grand finals and winning premierships. He has been part of that. He is coming from a winning organisation and winning culture and that is something you need among your players.

“You need players who know what it takes to be successful on a daily basis.

“Working towards that goal of being consistent and being successful. It’s not just about saying we want to win a competition there is a lot of work that goes into that and having that right character mixed with talent is imperative to the future of the club.”

While the Titans outlaid $1m annually to secure Cherry-Evans, the Coast still has major financial scope under the salary cap to be one of the most aggressive clubs on the open market.

The Titans have 18 players off-contract at season’s end, including skipper Nate Myles. And the club may have more cash to spend if Origin duo Greg Bird and Dave Taylor fail to convince the Titans board they have a future as they fight cocaine-supply charges.

McQueen is one representative player being closely monitored. The 27-year-old won a premiership at Souths last season but will become increasingly concerned if he cannot break into the starting side following the departure of Sam Burgess and Ben Te’o.

Off-contract in 2016, McQueen played just 27 minutes against the Broncos last Thursday night and is in danger of losing his Queensland jumper if he remains a bit-part bench player.

The Maroons utility was close to quitting the Rabbitohs last season as the club dithered over his request for a pay rise following his elevation to the Origin ranks.

The Titans remain in the hunt for Roosters prop Dylan Napa, but the red-haired hitman enjoys being coached by Trent Robinson and is tipped to stay at Bondi.

The Titans’ recruitment arm are mindful they need more class to help Cherry-Evans and Broncos great Darren Lockyer said the club is now infinitely more attractive to off-contract NRL stars.

“This will have an immediate and positive impact on their recruitment,” he said.

“Other players on the market will see someone of the quality of ‘DCE’ coming to the Titans and they will start to consider the club too because Daly is someone you can build a team around.

“It’s a really important signing for the Titans and maybe they can build some momentum in recruitment off the back of getting him.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/gold-coast-titans-chasing-maroons-forward-chris-mcqueen-as-they-continue-spending-spree-post-daly-cherry-evans-coup/story-e6frf3xc-1227252911324?from=public_rss

Toads
07-03-15, 10:28 PM
Representatives for three NRL players, including an off-contract Broncos star, have contacted Titans hierarchy in the past week as speculation intensified Cherry-Evans would join the Gold Coast.

Thaiday.. No thanks.

teke
07-03-15, 10:30 PM
Thaiday.. No thanks.The signing of DCE and all of a sudden Titans are knocking back good rep players...NRL Level - Boss

Titan4Life
07-03-15, 10:30 PM
Thaiday.. No thanks.

Yeah my guess is Thaiday or possibly Glenn who I actually would love to come to the club. Solid backrower with some punch as well.

Thaiday wouldn't be a bad signing as long as we didn't pay overs for him. Him and DCE would have a connection from Origin and Rep level and he is not a bad player but definitely needs to step it up.

teke
07-03-15, 10:31 PM
Mcqueen is a really good player to go after, mr consistent over the entire season

Toads
07-03-15, 10:31 PM
The signing of DCE and all of a sudden Titans are knocking back good rep players...NRL Level - Boss

:laugh: Not quite, teke.

It's just that Sammy is lookin' quite large 'n slow these days. Come 2016, he'll be huffin' 'n puffin like Titan Pete mentioned about big Willie last night. Well, he's there already (IMO).

DavidBouveng
07-03-15, 10:49 PM
Mcqueen is a really good player to go after, mr consistent over the entire season

careful with this positive comment teke. you dont want to start a trend or something.

teke
07-03-15, 10:54 PM
careful with this positive comment teke. you dont want to start a trend or something.i'll back it up with Titans still 2015 wooden spoon certainties

DIEHARD
07-03-15, 11:05 PM
Very excited about possibility of McQueen. Has been a favourite of mine for a while.

Queenslander too....

Mexican titan
07-03-15, 11:24 PM
Yeah my guess is Thaiday or possibly Glenn who I actually would love to come to the club. Solid backrower with some punch as well.

Thaiday wouldn't be a bad signing as long as we didn't pay overs for him. Him and DCE would have a connection from Origin and Rep level and he is not a bad player but definitely needs to step it up.

Glenn absolutely. Sammy absolutely not. I think Sammy's a top bloke but he is a niggly and frustrating player - always lies on blokes or crowds them in tackles and goes milking for penalties when he is tackled. I think Bennett is also frustrated the way Sam goes about his game in getting distracted by trying it on with refs rather than just playing the game.
McQueen maybe but I wouldn't be paying overs. Player managers will know we have $$ to spend so we will get offered every player on the market but I would like to see some hard running forwards with a bit of size.

teke
07-03-15, 11:32 PM
Glenn absolutely. Sammy absolutely not. I think Sammy's a top bloke but he is a niggly and frustrating player - always lies on blokes or crowds them in tackles and goes milking for penalties when he is tackled. I think Bennett is also frustrated the way Sam goes about his game in getting distracted by trying it on with refs rather than just playing the game.
McQueen maybe but I wouldn't be paying overs. Player managers will know we have $$ to spend so we will get offered every player on the market but I would like to see some hard running forwards with a bit of size.Titans Wouldnt want to be paying overs on players would they now, that's just a angry low blow...sorry

TitansFan92
07-03-15, 11:37 PM
i'll back it up with Titans still 2015 wooden spoon certainties

Nah mate we will leave the wooden spoon honors to Manly for the next few seasons. hahaha

Mexican titan
08-03-15, 12:05 AM
Nah mate we will leave the wooden spoon honors to Manly for the next few seasons. hahaha

Well that will be novel. Manly are the only club never to have won the spoon, other than the more recent additions.

teke
08-03-15, 12:51 AM
Well that will be novel. Manly are the only club never to have won the spoon, other than the more recent additions.that honour belonged to the mighty northern eagle aka North Sydney :D

Squinter98
08-03-15, 01:06 AM
Key Re-signings and possible new signings id like to see.

Current (Keep): Sezer, Elgey, Hazard, Ioane, Roberts, Ridge, Pettybourne, Crampton, Paasi

Off Contract 2015 Hit List:
(No Particular Order)

1. Alex Glenn
2. Dylan Napa
3. Dane Gagai
4. Adam Docker
5. Euan Aitken
6. Tim Simona
7. Ngani Laumape

Show and Go
08-03-15, 07:11 AM
We need forwards who are capable of making big runs. 10m's+ Gee we need the Coke Train back. Also the talk of us being after Chris McQueen is promising. He could really help our defence on the fringes.

- - - Updated - - -

Key Re-signings and possible new signings id like to see.

Current (Keep): Sezer, Elgey, Hazard, Ioane, Roberts, Ridge, Pettybourne, Crampton, Paasi

Off Contract 2015 Hit List:
(No Particular Order)

1. Alex Glenn
2. Dylan Napa
3. Dane Gagai
4. Adam Docker
5. Euan Aitken
6. Tim Simona
7. Ngani Laumape

Dane Gagai is so far up Bennetts butt he is no chance of signing with us.

nicky198
08-03-15, 04:42 PM
It has Euan Aitken down as a rumoured possbiility for 2016 in the thread, i havent heard anything could someone fill me in? Big future ahead of him and would be a handy pick up

Titan4Life
08-03-15, 04:46 PM
It has Euan Aitken down as a rumoured possbiility for 2016 in the thread, i havent heard anything could someone fill me in? Big future ahead of him and would be a handy pick up

Solid young player for the Dragons U20s and represented the junior Kangaroos last year. Very strong running game.

The rumour came from an article a few months ago that said Neil is chasing Euan as a centre option for 2016.

Hail Sezer
08-03-15, 04:54 PM
Solid young player for the Dragons U20s and represented the junior Kangaroos last year. Very strong running game.

The rumour came from an article a few months ago that said Neil is chasing Euan as a centre option for 2016.

His defensive game would be his best asset I reckon, pretty small for a centre though. Still I'd take him in a heartbeat

Titan4Life
08-03-15, 05:01 PM
His defensive game would be his best asset I reckon, pretty small for a centre though. Still I'd take him in a heartbeat

Definitely agree. His defence is pretty solid for a small bloke.

My targets for 2016 would be Aitken, Gagai, Hurrell, SKD and Simona for centres plus McQueen, Glenn and Napa for forwards. I'm sure a few of those would be interested to play alongside DCE.

Show and Go
08-03-15, 06:27 PM
If the Sharks don't want to play Valentine Holmes he is a guy we should be chasing. An outstanding prospect who would solve our fullback problems.

Titan4Life
08-03-15, 06:36 PM
If the Sharks don't want to play Valentine Holmes he is a guy we should be chasing. An outstanding prospect who would solve our fullback problems.

Nah I disagree. Holmes is a talented player but we already have Hoffman as a fullback who is much better. What we need is a centre and a couple of quality forwards IMO.

DavidBouveng
08-03-15, 07:23 PM

Nah I disagree. Holmes is a talented player but we already have Hoffman as a fullback who is much better. What we need is a centre and a couple of quality forwards IMO.

hoffman is good, but Holmes is a 10 year player, who would add a running AND passing game to compliment DCE

I approve of signing Holmes. and michael Gordon has a few years left, so the prospect of him getting to play FB behind DCE might be enough.

teke
08-03-15, 07:30 PM
hoffman is good, but Holmes is a 10 year player, who would add a running AND passing game to compliment DCE

I approve of signing Holmes. and michael Gordon has a few years left, so the prospect of him getting to play FB behind DCE might be enough.michael Gordon is close to running on fumes. Everyone get in line behind the vice captain

K2G
08-03-15, 07:32 PM
Couldn't agree more about Valentine, he'd be an absolute dream signing. Talk about an exciting player - he'll bring fans through the gate.

And he's a QLD'r :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
08-03-15, 07:43 PM
Agree with targetting Valentine, sorry T4L :thumbsup:

Titanic
08-03-15, 07:48 PM
Holmes for sure but SKD? No thanks.

Titan4Life
08-03-15, 07:49 PM
Guess we will have to agree to disagree boys. Valentine is good but we need to focus on recruiting centres and forwards IMO.

PS - Valentine's contract doesn't finish until the end of the 2017 season so unless he gets a release, we won't get him for a while yet.

Hail Sezer
08-03-15, 07:51 PM
Guess we will have to agree to disagree boys. Valentine is good but we need to focus on recruiting centres and forwards IMO.

PS - Valentine's contract doesn't finish until the end of the 2017 season so unless he gets a release, we won't get him for a while yet.

lol "contract"

Titan4Life
08-03-15, 07:55 PM
lol "contract"

Haha you make a valid point. Unfortunately contracts mean nothing anymore and 'homesickness' can get you out of them. Just ask Jamma.

- - - Updated - - -

How would you guys feel about chasing Leutele? Pretty sure he is off contract and he is looking powerful tonight.

teke
08-03-15, 08:02 PM
Holmes for sure but SKD? No thanks.one of the best centre defenders in the game, could use that atm but agree with u

Show and Go
08-03-15, 08:26 PM

I think Hoffman is the centre you are after.

Titan4Life
08-03-15, 08:31 PM
I think Hoffman is the centre you are after.

I just think Hoffy has more impact at fullback. He runs the ball back hard, never drops a bomb and is great in defence. He didn't have much impact at centre last night. I hardly noticed he was there except when he dropped back and started hunting around the middle.

Many will disagree with me but to me Hoffman is a fullback. He can play good at wing and centre but he plays best at the back in my opinion.

Titanic
09-03-15, 01:41 AM
one of the best centre defenders in the game, could use that atm but agree with u
I would be worried about getting splinters in your butt there old mate :) … if fact I like SKD but my thing is about his age … I just reckon if we are going to ever get out off this treadmill we should pitch at young blokes and stay loyal to them.

I just can't help watching the blokes we've let go going around each week and thinking "what if" … doesn't help my indigestion much.

Hail Sezer
09-03-15, 09:43 AM
RLW Mole reporting that we are getting rid of Bird regardless of the outcome of the legal proceeding

TITAN PETE
09-03-15, 10:11 AM
RLW Mole reporting that we are getting rid of Bird regardless of the outcome of the legal proceeding

It was happening before Shyte hit the fan :thumbsup:

Titanic
09-03-15, 10:53 AM
Reflects much better on us if we are seen to be taking a strong stance rather than just flicking him.

DavidBouveng
09-03-15, 08:08 PM
i hope taylor gets a chance.

also, there was a sob piece by Danny 'i stick up for the bad guys, cos they are desperate for someone to tell their story and cant refuse me' Weidler, with Mat Rogers claiming he has to try and drag birdy our of the house every day to try and stop him moping....maybe he meant drag him off the golf course...i wouldnt be suprised if there was a spar cot there for him.

K2G
09-03-15, 08:48 PM
Gee there is some centre talent off contract this year and next year:

Konrad Hurrell,
Euan Aitken,
Ricky Leutele,
Ngani Laumape
Kevin Naiqama,
Daniel Tupou,
Daniel Vidot,

Jack Bird,
Dale Copley,
George Jennings,
Michael Jennings,
Solomone Kata,
Brenko Lee,
Joey Leilua,
Nene Macdonald,
Tautau Moga,
Curtis Rona,
Jorge Taufua,
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak,

Resigning Roberts and Elgey must be our priorities. Then, like everyone else I'd like to see us go after one of the guns above.

What then? Prop, Second Row? Fullback/Wing? It will be interesting to see what Henry (and DCE) highlight as areas of need.

Mexican titan
09-03-15, 09:06 PM
Big mobile forwards and a class centre are the priorities in my book.

Hail Sezer
09-03-15, 09:40 PM
I've had this conversation with DB recently but what style of centre do you think we need?

We've got the mercurial talent of JR on the right. Do we want a safe, defensively strong centre who runs solid lines on the left for balance? Or do we want a strike weapon on attack who we may have to sacrifice some lapses on defence for?

For example, Euan Aitken fits the first description perfectly. Strong, clever, athletic player who is most well known for his defence (although is potent in attack without being x-factor). Then we've got Koni Hurrell - a wrecking ball who's defence is suspect but is almost guaranteed to get us points (yes I know he is right side, but for the sake of the debate)

I'm undecided and I think it's going to come down to who we have on the left edge outside LG (hopefully) in order to decide what is best for the team dynamic. Henry has also said that he wants some size in the backs, which a player like Aitken unfortunately wouldn't bring.

Any thoughts? Feelings? Confessions?

ozynorts
09-03-15, 09:48 PM
JR needs to drastically improve his defence before I am convinced that he is the answer on that side.
As for the other side, a Jamie Lyon clone would be nice......

Hail Sezer
09-03-15, 09:50 PM
JR needs to drastically improve his defence before I am convinced that he is the answer on that side.
As for the other side, a Jamie Lyon clone would be nice......

Personally i'd prefer G.I but that ain't happening either

From the list above, who do you guys think would fit our team dynamic the best?

ozynorts
09-03-15, 09:52 PM
I don't think a big centre is essential if you have a big physical winger outside him. Have a look around the league at the wingers that have scored tries this weekend. Fijians anyone????

- - - Updated - - -

From the list above, Hurrell is the standout.

DavidBouveng
09-03-15, 09:57 PM
I've had this conversation with DB recently but what style of centre do you think we need?

We've got the mercurial talent of JR on the right. Do we want a safe, defensively strong centre who runs solid lines on the left for balance? Or do we want a strike weapon on attack who we may have to sacrifice some lapses on defence for?

For example, Euan Aitken fits the first description perfectly. Strong, clever, athletic player who is most well known for his defence (although is potent in attack without being x-factor). Then we've got Koni Hurrell - a wrecking ball who's defence is suspect but is almost guaranteed to get us points (yes I know he is right side, but for the sake of the debate)

I'm undecided and I think it's going to come down to who we have on the left edge outside LG (hopefully) in order to decide what is best for the team dynamic. Henry has also said that he wants some size in the backs, which a player like Aitken unfortunately wouldn't bring.

Any thoughts? Feelings? Confessions?

i think its a matter of balancing the salary cap too, which we discussed.

I dont think you can have Daly on a Million, as well as 2 high priced centres. one for a strike weapon and one as a role player....but thats if your buying. if you have one high priced, and the other spot you bring through juniors...you get a few years until they get poached, or another junior comes through. but its cheaper than buying one.

i personally think they have collected a reasonable bunch of props, maybe need one super prop like a fifita / JWH / matt scott to lead our group of Paasi, Ioane, Petty, Hala, Douglas are good enough. they all show spirit and oomph, and we can hopefully train the skills / gameplan.
I hate to say it, but Matt White had that ONE good year, then really injury has never let him get back there. i dont think he will, which is a shame.

Lets assume that Myles stays at lock, and James is a long term left edge. We need someone to replace bird / taylor....like Carter if he gets it together. there's our three starters until Robinson and Burr develop, plus we might pick up a McQueen type.

And then we need either a centre or if we keep Hoff there then a FB. dont get me started on wingers. we need to throw training contracts at every Radradrian like fijian we can and hope to unearth a Lote, koribete, Radradra, Uate.

So a beasty prop, another good running second rower, and a high class FB / centre, fijians out the yang and pepper kids and value buys around that.

Easy hey.

K2G
09-03-15, 10:00 PM
Nice post HS (when are you changing your name to Hail Cherry?)

I definitely think we need some size on our edges, some-one who shuts attacking plays down and intimidates when we're in defence and a target for our kickers and a obstacle for theirs in the air.

I'm honestly not sure who fits the brief the best. A lot of it comes down to coaching and team cohesion I suppose.

Nene Macdonald is one of our own and has the size aspect down, but im not sure about his ability to read the play as he has only played on the wing in top grade.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak would probably be my ideal guy on that list. He's a freak, but I can't see Gould letting him go.

RenegadeGC
09-03-15, 10:00 PM
I doubt Koni Hurrell would leave the Warriors. But would love to see a strike Centre even though we have Roberts. Ball playing back rower wouldn't be half bad either. Take a little heat off the halves.

Mexican titan
09-03-15, 10:02 PM
Personally i'd prefer G.I but that ain't happening either

From the list above, who do you guys think would fit our team dynamic the best?

From the list above - none, although I haven't seen/noticed Aitken. I think Tupou is the best of that lot but he is a winger. I prefer a centre who can penetrate the line but equally they must be able to defend. Hurrell scores plenty (in a few places apparently) but his defence isn't great. As you say GI would be great but that ain't happening but someone like a Jamie Lyon type would be ideal.
I tend to think if we have good halves and a forward pack making ground the rest takes care of itself to a degree.
PS I am only referring to players available next year not after 2016 - although it seems topical to look at players more than 12 months out. George Jennings looks a prospect if we are talking two years away.

ozynorts
09-03-15, 10:07 PM
Is George Burgess off contract anytime soon? That would help the front row.

Mexican titan
09-03-15, 10:11 PM
Is George Burgess off contract anytime soon? That would help the front row.

Or even better, sweat on Sam Burgess if he flicks the rah rahs.

K2G
09-03-15, 10:17 PM

I dont think you can have Daly on a Million, as well as 2 high priced centres. one for a strike weapon and one as a role player....but thats if your buying. if you have one high priced, and the other spot you bring through juniors...you get a few years until they get poached, or another junior comes through. but its cheaper than buying one.

i personally think they have collected a reasonable bunch of props, maybe need one super prop like a fifita / JWH / matt scott to lead our group of Paasi, Ioane, Petty, Hala, Douglas are good enough. they all show spirit and oomph, and we can hopefully train the skills / gameplan.
I hate to say it, but Matt White had that ONE good year, then really injury has never let him get back there. i dont think he will, which is a shame.

Lets assume that Myles stays at lock, and James is a long term left edge. We need someone to replace bird / taylor....like Carter if he gets it together. there's our three starters until Robinson and Burr develop, plus we might pick up a McQueen type.

And then we need either a centre or if we keep Hoff there then a FB. dont get me started on wingers. we need to throw training contracts at every Radradrian like fijian we can and hope to unearth a Lote, koribete, Radradra, Uate.

So a beasty prop, another good running second rower, and a high class FB / centre, fijians out the yang and pepper kids and value buys around that.

Easy hey.

Man, I agree with everything in this post.

* More than any centre on the list, I'd love to see us develop our own.
* Great young engine room we've got coming along... agree we need a beast to drive it and that White has probably missed his window.
* The Carter issue is even more of a shame now. I just can't see the club going back down that road of 'second chance saloon (and fair enough) but he would've been the ideal guy to have at lock for many years to come.
* I still can't get my head around James being in the second row long term, even though he did plenty to suggest he could thrive there against the tigers. I think I need to see a few more games out of him there, but to me he's still a special young kid who could become one of the better props in the comp.
* Fijian Winger scouts!! we need some. I think Leva Li (not fijian i know) could be that big, strong, long-limbed centre/winger for us, but still needs plenty of development by all reports.

Toads
09-03-15, 10:20 PM
Even though team selection is not my forte. A few names being thrown around I do like.

Firstly Hurrell. I haven't seen much of him lately, but when he first hit the scene he was pretty impressive.
Second, I would be stoked to have Matt Scott on our roster. But I can't see him parting ways with the Cows anytime soon.
And, Thirdly. another Centre, it's gotta be Josh Morris (for mine). To me, he offers it all (and bugga off with ya downvoting with this one, Supergoose. :fist:).

teke
09-03-15, 10:31 PM
As for the other side, a Jamie Lyon clone would be nice......I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to hear his name called out for left wing. A mead Hoffman jr back 3 is a strong combo. A Jamie Lyon clone on the right and Steve scoot master Matai clobe on the left. Crampton looks Like a Brute how did he go on the weekend?

Mexican titan
09-03-15, 10:37 PM
* The Carter issue is even more of a shame now. I just can't see the club going back down that road of 'second chance saloon (and fair enough) but he would've been the ideal guy to have at lock for many years to come.

I had forgotten about Carter until DB and you mentioned him. I was/am hoping he will learn a lot from his year in solitary and he could be great for us if he has sorted himself. Unfortunately he might now not get another chance after the recent trouble and as the club tries to turn around its image. I hope he does.

teke
09-03-15, 10:39 PM

Easy hey.Dont get you started on the wingers?! I'd say your wardrobe could talk volumes about one of em lol

ozynorts
09-03-15, 10:46 PM

Don't sweat on him, hit him with an offer right now for next year......

K2G
09-03-15, 10:52 PM

Don't sweat on him, hit him with an offer right now for next year......

teke
09-03-15, 10:53 PM
Don't sweat on him, hit him with an offer right now for next year......i agree, but do the Titans have another cheeky 3 mill dollars up their sleave for him

Hail Sezer
10-03-15, 06:36 AM
I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to hear his name called out for left wing. A mead Hoffman jr back 3 is a strong combo. A Jamie Lyon clone on the right and Steve scoot master Matai clobe on the left. Crampton looks Like a Brute how did he go on the weekend?

He went well by all reports. No idea why he isn't closer to NRL..dude is consistently a class above in Qcup

DavidBouveng
10-03-15, 07:42 AM
aside from Mead obviously. he cant do it all himself

K2G
10-03-15, 08:37 PM
I hope the club also makes a play for Dane Gagai. Future origin star, loves his surfing, josh hoffman's cousin. You'd think we could put forward an attractive offer.

Show and Go
10-03-15, 08:42 PM
I don't particularly like the whispers of Sam Thaiday signing with us. He is past his best and I bet we will over pay if he does come to the Titans.

K2G
10-03-15, 08:51 PM
I don't particularly like the whispers of Sam Thaiday signing with us. He is past his best and I bet we will over pay if he does come to the Titans.

I know I'm in the minority here .... but I think Sam has still got some good footy in him. A new club could be exactly what he needs. I think he's been mistreated by the broncos terribly over the past few seasons (he's also looked unfit, and uninspired though but one hand washes the other). He's the kind of personality young kids coming through really need, especially young indigenous kids, and he's a really marketable bloke in QLD. If he's willing to take a reasonable contract, for say two seasons, he'd be a great pick-up for us imo.

Mexican titan
10-03-15, 09:01 PM
I know I'm in the minority here .... but I think Sam has still got some good footy in him. A new club could be exactly what he needs. I think he's been mistreated by the broncos terribly over the past few seasons (he's also looked unfit, and uninspired though but one hand washes the other). He's the kind of personality young kids coming through really need, especially young indigenous kids, and he's a really marketable bloke in QLD. If he's willing to take a reasonable contract, for say two seasons, he'd be a great pick-up for us imo.

And we could have our own little competition out of Sammy and Ryan James over who will concede the most penalties. I would also be interested in Sam if he wants to start playing and stop trying to get or give penalties. Almost every tackle he makes he is all over and crowding opposition players and when tackled he always tries to milk a penalty. He is not alone but the refs seem to be awake to him, as is Bennett it appears. If he can play with discipline he would be a good but I reckon.

DavidBouveng
10-03-15, 09:04 PM
I hope the club also makes a play for Dane Gagai. Future origin star, loves his surfing, josh hoffman's cousin. You'd think we could put forward an attractive offer.

he is a genuine talent. he is a ready made hodges replacement though, so i dont like our chances...but nothing is impossible it seems for us at the moment.

Mexican titan
10-03-15, 09:04 PM

He is not on the off contract list is he? Not that it matters these days.
One of us should keep a list of suggested signings as I reckon we will top 200 by the end of the year. And yeah, Gagai would be great.

DavidBouveng
10-03-15, 09:07 PM
also the Thaiday talk and him being generally not super fit these days reminds me that one of the last bits of the puzzle for us is a heavy duty fitness guy.

I think Dan does a good job, but we have never been as fit as we were in the first few years. do we need someone new just to shake it up? or do people think the players have trained harder and been fitter this year? don't count guys like Meady or Zill who are always fit and take pride in it.

- - - Updated - - -

One of us should keep a list of suggested signings as I reckon we will top 200 by the end of the year. And yeah, Gagai would be great.

i think he is. gids was in paper today saying knights need to get him re signed ASAP.

K2G
10-03-15, 09:12 PM

I just read a fox sports article (http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/no-swap-deal-for-aidan-sezer-and-daly-cherry-evans-nrl-transfer-centre/story-fn2mcuj6-1227257149659) saying he's off contract next year.

Agree we're a slim chance DB - but we can at least inflate his price. Wayne hates a bidding war.

Davis13
10-03-15, 09:12 PM
Does anyone know if we have offered elgey a contract?? I'll be guttered if we lose him.

JunctionBlock
10-03-15, 09:31 PM
I wonder if Hannant's people are talking to us. I don't think his family moved up with him.

Bayside Titan
11-03-15, 12:00 AM
I wonder if Hannant's people are talking to us. I don't think his family moved up with him.

Don't want him. He turned us down to go to the Cowboys for not much more than what we offered him. He had his chance to come to us but thought he was better than the Titans.

teke
11-03-15, 12:03 AM
Don't want him. He turned us down to go to the Cowboys for not much more than what we offered him. He had his chance to come to us but thought he was better than the Titans.He won't wanna come here. Cows will be still playing deep into the Titans off season

Titanic
11-03-15, 12:44 AM
Wayne hates a bidding war.
Unless it's for himself.

Titan4Life
11-03-15, 06:18 PM
Posted: 11 March, 2015 by Triple M NRL
Thaiday Good Fit For Titans?
Mail floating around that Sam Thaiday could be heading to the Titans

Wayne Bennett did something very out of character after the Souths game as he blasted former captain Sam Thaiday, Brent Read tells us why.

Brent Read, from the Australian, revealed there is "a lot of mail" floating around in regards to the future of Sam Thaiday and he believes the Origin veteran would be "the perfect player for the Gold Coast Titans."

The lively forward showed a lack of discipline on a number of occasions during his side's terrible display against the Rabbitohs and it riled his new coach Wayne Bennett in the post match press conference.

Bennett dropped the back-rower to the bench for this weekend's clash against the Sharks.

There has been speculation that the long time servant of the Broncos came back 'overweight' and has 'lost hunger' for the game.

It is believed Thaiday has 'just over a month to show the club why they should re-sign him.'

LISTEN: http://www.triplem.com.au/brisbane/sport/nrl/news/2015/3/brisbane-broncos-sam-thaiday-would-be-the-perfect-fit-for-gold-coast-titans/

DIEHARD
11-03-15, 06:27 PM
I don't think Thaiday would be good to us. But he is a character I like. I tend to agree that he has lost his edge.

Toads
11-03-15, 06:27 PM
I hope for Sam's sake, he finishes his career at the Donkeys on a good note. The club at least owes him that much.

Hail Sezer
11-03-15, 06:53 PM
Called it a few pages ago..

Dobbo from triple M said we are after Joe Ofahengaue

Show and Go
11-03-15, 07:17 PM
I hope for Sam's sake, he finishes his career at the Donkeys on a good note. The club at least owes him that much.

The Donkeys fans are pretty eager to get rid of him.

I am sure Dobbo also said we are keen on Daniel Vidot.

lonegull
11-03-15, 08:17 PM
Called it a few pages ago..

Dobbo from triple M said we are after Joe Ofahengaue

Wow this excites me, watched this bloke in the NYC last year he is going to be something special couldn't see the donkeys letting him go they have huge wraps on him

TITAN PETE
11-03-15, 09:10 PM
No more has beens thanks , I would prefer Kris Kahler than 3rd man in

Squinter98
11-03-15, 09:55 PM
Went To school with big Jo, he is a freak! Hope we can snap him up!

DavidBouveng
11-03-15, 10:47 PM
No more has beens thanks , I would prefer Kris Kahler than 3rd man in

Agree. Not about Thaiday specifically. But if we are going to be taken seriously, we can't just be the club you go to when the Broncs can't fit you in.

Hail Sezer
12-03-15, 06:20 AM
Broncos move to retain rising star Joe Ofahengaue, as Gold Coast wait in the wings

PETER BADEL AND CHRIS GARRY
THE COURIER-MAIL
MARCH 11, 2015 11:00PM

BRONCOS bolter Joe Ofahengaue is embroiled in a contract tug-of-war with Queensland rivals the Titans attempting to poach Brisbane’s hottest young forward property.

Wayne Bennett will blood the off-contract Ofahengaue on Friday night against the Sharks, but the Brisbane coach is facing a battle to retain the nephew of Wallabies great Willie ‘O’.

The 19-year-old is regarded as a future superstar and his potential has been detected by the Titans, who want Ofahengaue running off new recruit Daly Cherry-Evans next season.

It is understood the Titans’ offer is very lucrative for an unproven teenager, but the Broncos have a history of keeping players they want and have no plans to lose Ofahengaue.

As Ofahengaue prepares for his NRL baptism against a Sharks pack led by NSW Origin enforcer Paul Gallen, Bennett revealed the Broncos had big plans for the forward workhorse.

“We’re negotiating with Joe right now,” Bennett told The Courier-Mail.

“He’s off-contract but he doesn’t have to play great in the next month to prove anything.

“I know Joe’s ability and I see him as a long-term player at the Broncos; it’s all to do with how we play and develop him.”

If the issue is solely about money, the Titans would win a bidding war. The club has 18 players off-contract at season’s end and, having snared Cherry-Evans, can afford to go hard for Ofahengaue backed by a $2.5 million war chest under the salary cap.

But loyalty will also be a factor for the 112kg powerhouse. When Ofahengaue was homesick and struggling to adjust to Sydney life at the Roosters two years ago, it was the Broncos who issued a lifeline for the Ipswich product.

Since moving to Red Hill, Ofahengaue has developed from a rangy centre to a bruising prop with an incredible endurance base for a big man.

In two consecutive finals games last season for Brisbane’s under-20s, he ran for more than 200m and excels in fitness drills at the Broncos.

Such has been his remarkable rise, Ofahengaue has even stunned Bennett, with the coach indicating in pre-season that 2015 was unlikely to be his debut year.

Now Ofahengaue, who relished a brutal World Club Series hit-out against Wigan last month, will celebrate the fairytale NRL debut he has craved for 12 months.

“I took it personally,” the rookie said.

“I took it like I want to prove him (Bennett) wrong and that I am ready to play this year. It was a challenge to me. I have all my trust in Wayne because I know where he wants me to go.

“I have to trust Wayne and wait patiently until the time is right.”

Bennett is adamant Ofahengaue won’t be overawed by the Sharks pack at Remondis Stadium.

“He has a great attitude, he works extremely hard,” he said.

“Joe has to understand it won’t be in his best interests to play the next 20 games in the NRL this year, but Joe knows where he stands with me.

“He has a big future here.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-move-to-retain-rising-star-joe-ofahengaue-as-gold-coast-wait-in-the-wings/story-fniabm4i-1227258869129

Show and Go
12-03-15, 06:44 AM
Yeah lets pinch him from the Donkeys. He is the next Petero

Toads
12-03-15, 07:45 AM
Yep, it'd be nice to steal one of their young guns, instead of us constantly mentioned of being interested in their has-been's..

lonegull
12-03-15, 08:47 PM
In the big league today article stating the Titans are making a serious play for Gagai, says that he wanted to play with Hoffman who is his cousin

Show and Go
12-03-15, 09:04 PM
In the big league today article stating the Titans are making a serious play for Gagai, says that he wanted to play with Hoffman who is his cousin

Would be a very good signing and it would piss the Donkeys off.

JunctionBlock
12-03-15, 09:10 PM
If all these signings come off will we be able to put a team on the field come origin time?

DavidBouveng
12-03-15, 09:11 PM
If all these signings come off will we be able to put a team on the field come origin time?

the nrl own us and will give us three byes!

Squinter98
12-03-15, 09:19 PM
I was Just on the Titans Facebook fanpage where someone suggested moving sezer to a ball playing lock, in turn blooding LG into First grade. This would work great with us retaining two gun players. Thoughts?

6.Elgey
7.DCE
13.Sezer

Mexican titan
12-03-15, 09:21 PM

I mentioned earlier that I reckon this thread will get up to 200 suggested signings - I think I might have been a bit conservative.
I'm glad the club entrusts these decisions to the coach. As Wayne Bennett says "if you spend much time listening to the fans it will not be long before you are sitting with them".

Titanic
12-03-15, 11:07 PM
I've posted it before, Sezer plays like lock, hits the line harder than Myles and gets across the ground a lot better ... I must admit I have argued a lot for Myles to come into the backrow but I am beginning to regret that.

DavidBouveng
12-03-15, 11:11 PM
I've posted it before, Sezer plays like lock, hits the line harder than Myles and gets across the ground a lot better ... I must admit I have argued a lot for Myles to come into the backrow but I am beginning to regret that.

me too mate. i reckon i could find a post from 2 years ago saying Sezer would make a decent lock.

teke
13-03-15, 12:22 AM
MT and myself should be the ones going looney not you guys.

Lol@ Sezer being a lock, did his defence ever come into the equation

TitansFan92
13-03-15, 12:04 PM
James Tamou is being shopped around by Cowboys apparently. Played well under Henry so would be a great signing IMO.

DavidBouveng
13-03-15, 12:20 PM
James Tamou is being shopped around by Cowboys apparently. Played well under Henry so would be a great signing IMO.

would probably get a cut price on remaining year of contract with cows tiping in some cash, and then would be a cheaper contract than last one due to poor performance, so could be a decent buy.

i think Manly might be after him, they need forwards, have cash, and he is from Sydney.

TitansFan92
13-03-15, 03:05 PM
would probably get a cut price on remaining year of contract with cows tiping in some cash, and then would be a cheaper contract than last one due to poor performance, so could be a decent buy.

i think Manly might be after him, they need forwards, have cash, and he is from Sydney.

Funny you say that DB as I saw he was being shopped around in an article about Manly. IMO we have an advantage over them. First we have Henry as our coach which from what I have heard has a high opinion of Tamou and Secondly he gets to play off the Australian Halfback at the GCT neither of which he can get at Manly. At best he will get more money there because they are be desperate.

teke
13-03-15, 03:14 PM
Manly will turn Tamou into a Brent Kite, multi premiership winning player. At the Titans he will be turned into a Michael Henderson

Surfers66
13-03-15, 03:39 PM
Manly will turn Tamou into a Brent Kite, multi premiership winning player. At the Titans he will be turned into a Michael Henderson

Manly this, Manly that..........Manly Suck

nimud
13-03-15, 04:01 PM

Manly don't suck...they are just a dirty cheating bugger of the club - Ken Arthurson is even quoted as saying this.

Toads
13-03-15, 04:08 PM

I do wonder at times to whether this is a Titans forum or a Manly forum.. :p

Titanic
13-03-15, 04:18 PM
Hybrid club that we are :) I would argue that Michael Henderson was a Cartwright thing but as for Tamou, does he or does he not have a chronic neck problem?

TitansFan92
13-03-15, 04:23 PM

With what players teke????? International halfs pairing gone. Let a few great players go to try and retain said halfs and failed. Manly will be in even more of a mess next year then they are in now.

Mexican titan
13-03-15, 06:27 PM
IMO we have an advantage over them. First we have Henry as our coach which from what I have heard has a high opinion of Tamou and Secondly he gets to play off the Australian Halfback at the GCT neither of which he can get at Manly.

I thought Cronk was the aussie halfback.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Manly don't suck...they are just a dirty cheating bugger of the club - Ken Arthurson is even quoted as saying this.

Arko probably attends more titans games than many on here. Neither the titans or manly would have gone through the sh1t they have if he was running them.

DavidBouveng
13-03-15, 06:53 PM
I thought Cronk was the aussie halfback.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Arko probably attends more titans games than many on here. Neither the titans or manly would have gone through the sh1t they have if he was running them.

Cherry is the incumbent 5/8th, but will obviously lose it to JT.

Cronk wont be around that much longer surely, so hopefully Chez takes the 7 off of him, and doesn't fall behind others by association with GCT.

love me some arko too. good man

titanfan1980
13-03-15, 08:58 PM
Is Corey Norman off contract next year since they have foran coming?? Corey went to school at keebra park.. I wouldn't mind him partnering DCE.. He's quality and he's carving up the dogs as we speak.

JunctionBlock
13-03-15, 09:12 PM
Is Corey Norman off contract next year since they have foran coming?? Corey went to school at keebra park.. I wouldn't mind him partnering DCE.. He's quality and he's carving up the dogs as we speak.

Sandow this year, Norman next year. No thanks to either of them.

DavidBouveng
13-03-15, 09:51 PM
i like him, and hes from logan ish area is he? but Chez and LG are it.

- - - Updated - - -

someone also mentioned Parker as a possibility if broncs dont sign him... i think he deserves to finish there.

But he would be AWESOME on the staff. his level of professionalism would be incredible for the NRL side, but imagine a guy with 300 games plus rep teaching our youngsters and kids earmarked for first grade about habits and discipline.

He is so dedicated, and apparently can get manage his weight to the gram. to the gram! now i know we are in the headlines cos some current players may or not be pretty handy dealing in grams also, but Parker would be wicked.

ozynorts
15-03-15, 09:16 AM
Just a question for the group, would it be worth seeing if Lachlan Coote is happy in Townsville?

TitansFan92
15-03-15, 09:26 AM
Just a question for the group, would it be worth seeing if Lachlan Coote is happy in Townsville?

Simple answer NO

Show and Go
15-03-15, 11:03 AM

Probably not but IMO he isn't worth chasing due to his injury woes. We just can't afford to take risks on players like him at the moment IMO. We need to take a leaf out of the Panthers book when we rebuild this squad.

Titanic
15-03-15, 05:20 PM
Our team is generally too short. James, Douglas and Burr aside the rest are pygmies compared to the best teams which is an issue.

gotitans101_
15-03-15, 06:21 PM

glad somebody said it. No disrespect to the Manly fans here but the constant Manly praise / Titans deathriding 24/7 gets old after a while. We get it, Manly is a more successful club than we are. Let's just leave it at that.

DavidBouveng
15-03-15, 07:02 PM
glad somebody said it. No disrespect to the Manly fans here but the constant Manly praise / Titans deathriding 24/7 gets old after a while. We get it, Manly is a more successful club than we are. Let's just leave it at that.

Mexican titan is fairly even handed and sees both sides, but Teke is getting close to Troll territory. Both have a huge history of supporting titans on the forum, and people grieve differently i guess. :cry:

teke
15-03-15, 07:14 PM
glad somebody said it. No disrespect to the Manly fans here but the constant Manly praise / Titans deathriding 24/7 gets old after a while. We get it, Manly is a more successful club than we are. Let's just leave it at that.Lucky for me this forum allows me to do write whatever. If ya don't wanna read, get a mod to ban me

Toads
15-03-15, 07:22 PM
Lucky for me this forum allows me to do write whatever. If ya don't wanna read, get a mod to ban me

Not quite, teke. I seen Pete had to edit one of your posts the other day.. :p

Toads
15-03-15, 07:36 PM
How about Carney? :p

... a small window for Carney to return to the NRL has been edged slightly ajar.

Source: couriermail.com.au (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/todd-carney-wins-his-case-for-unfair-dismissal-with-the-nrl-appeals-committee/story-fnp0lyn6-1227262511205?sv=e01e8ab14586b74dc9157fcfc5394101)

teke
15-03-15, 07:41 PM
Not quite, teke. I seen Pete had to edit one of your posts the other day.. :pI meant opinion

DavidBouveng
15-03-15, 08:15 PM
im a bit worried if we get pumped each week that manly could turn DCE. its happened to much lesser players. three months is a very long time, and if he keeps playing like he did on saturday night... 1.1m will look cheap for Manly.

to the crowds credit, they showed him respect when he walked onto the field, and he responded with a huge effort.

Titanic
15-03-15, 08:36 PM
Yep, I reckon we have three months to show what the nucleus of the team will become, either on the field or by signings, or he's gone.

TITAN PETE
15-03-15, 08:40 PM
Yep, I reckon we have three months to show what the nucleus of the team will become, either on the field or by signings, or he's gone.

We start with Elgey

Hail Sezer
15-03-15, 09:02 PM
Neil has already shown an indication of his "accountability" approach by starting Burr over Robbo and eventually dropping Robbo out..but thats a second rower. Make a change to our spine, then I'll believe ya King.

LG needs to be given a shot. We lose nothing by having him there instead of Mortimer..it's not like his defence could be any worse.

Mexican titan
15-03-15, 09:30 PM

It's a fair point mate. I am born and bred Manly and have been a season ticket holder/member there for 35 years. However if you see me at a Titans game I am as biased and one eyed as anyone at Robina. I desperately want them to succeed and the fact that someone like DCE is so crucial for the game up here has made his departure from Manly easier for me. I have concerns about the way it was done and Manly's mismanagement of it but what's done is done.
Unfortunately the Titans have not had a good few years and of course continual positive comments about Manly would grate a bit. Mind you Manly have copped it big time recently, some of it deserved. As you would know many people on the Coast are immigrants and it's just unfortunate a few Manly supporters are concentrated on here - or fortunate if you like to know how a successful club is run. Sorry just joking on the last bit! Success and failure comes around in waves and Manly are probably just about to head in to the fail area for a couple of years.
Now what's this thread about again.

TitansFan92
15-03-15, 09:32 PM
I meant opinion

Well yes I am all for people having there own opinion but the "Titans are wooden spoon specials in 15/16" is a bit to far imo. It should be removed this is the Titans forum after all. Your just showing you are a sore loser like the rest of Manly fans.

teke
15-03-15, 09:38 PM
Well yes I am all for people having there own opinion but the "Titans are wooden spoon specials in 15/16" is a bit to far imo. It should be removed this is the Titans forum after all. Your just showing you are a sore loser like the rest of Manly fans.well my signature was changed without my authorisation prior to this new beauty. Maybe there should be a dibber dobber button on here aswell.

TitansFan92
15-03-15, 10:19 PM
well my signature was changed without my authorisation prior to this new beauty. Maybe there should be a dibber dobber button on here aswell.

I didn't mean to offend or upset you mate and if I have done that I do apologize.

Titan4Life
15-03-15, 10:34 PM
Back on thread topic, does anyone agree that Daniel Vidot would be a good buy? I just think he has several positives about him that would be beneficial to us. To start with, he is well known for being able to make up to 200 metres most games and he is quite solid in defence. He is also very versatile and can play wing, centre, prop or even second row. By the looks of it he is on the outer at Brisbane considering Oates was picked over him on the wing this week.

While season 2016 is still too long away, these guys would be my CURRENT targets:
-Alex Glenn
-Daniel Vidot
-Chris McQueen
-Dane Gagai
-Dylan Napa
-Joe Ofahengaue
-Sam Thaiday (would not pay overs for him)
-Ricky Leutele/Konrad Hurrell/Tim Simona (not sure these guys would come to us but who knows)

Mexican titan
15-03-15, 10:41 PM
Back on thread topic, does anyone agree that Daniel Vidot would be a good buy? I just think he has several positives about him that would be beneficial to us. To start with, he is well known for being able to make up to 200 metres most games and he is quite solid in defence. He is also very versatile and can play wing, centre, prop or even second row. By the looks of it he is on the outer at Brisbane considering Oates was picked over him on the wing this week.

While season 2016 is still too long away, these guys would be my CURRENT targets:
-Alex Glenn
-Daniel Vidot
-Chris McQueen
-Dane Gagai
-Dylan Napa
-Joe Ofahengaue
-Ricky Leutele/Konrad Hurrell/Tim Simona (not sure these guys would come to us but who knows)

I reckon Vidot seems high maintenance. Doesn't seem to have done much for a while now.
Of your list I reckon Gagai, Glenn, Napa would be my top three. Put Sam Burgess as number one if he gives up Union.

TitansFan92
15-03-15, 10:47 PM

-Alex Glenn
-Daniel Vidot
-Chris McQueen
-Dane Gagai
-Dylan Napa
-Joe Ofahengaue

-Alex Glenn
-Chris McQueen
-Dane Gagai
-Dylan Napa
-Joe Ofahengaue

would be mine as well as Hiku from Manly. Also as MT said Sam Burgess if he decides to come back after failing at union. I would chuck the checkbook at him.

DavidBouveng
15-03-15, 11:27 PM
Gagai, Hiku, Joe O, Leteule...rest dont do alot for me

DavidBouveng
15-03-15, 11:39 PM
also, ive watched both raiders games, and Sisa Waqa has played really well. i have a feeling raiders paid crazy overs, but he would be a really good, above average, contribute more than just finishing gimme tries type of player.

Show and Go
16-03-15, 06:10 AM
I think Gagai is no chance. He is a Bennett boy. I'd be inclined to try and get Kahu and Glenn from the Donkeys. Both are close with Hoffy and I am sure Glenn owns a house at Burleigh. Napa and McQueen would also be very much on my list as would Fisiahii from the Warriors.

Geeman
16-03-15, 04:13 PM
-Alex Glenn
-Daniel Vidot
-Chris McQueen
-Dane Gagai
-Dylan Napa
-Joe Ofahengaue

Alex Glenn definitely, Dylan Napa yes(but I doubt he would come), McQueen yes, I don't know enough about Joe Ofahengaue to comment, No to Sam Thaiday - I personally think he is on a downward slope, and I don't think we need to be a retirement village.
Yes to Daniel Vidot, but only if we got him cheap, I don't think he is worth big money.
What we really need is more players like Pettybourne, that actually attack the line and make metres coming out of our own half.

ozynorts
16-03-15, 05:16 PM
I watched the 20's the other day and the player that impressed me was Soni Hala from Penrith. I know it is only the 20's but he hit the line hard and was always pushing for the extra yards.
Another player to impress over the weekend was Josh Papalii. Played prop and was in very good form. He is off contract at the end of 2016 as is George Burgess....

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm Thomas Burgess off contract this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Will Hopate is also off contract this year.

JunctionBlock
16-03-15, 07:23 PM
James Tedesco is off contract the same year as Zillman. Coincidence or pure genius????

Surfers66
17-03-15, 09:25 AM
James Tedesco is off contract the same year as Zillman. Coincidence or pure genius????

I wonder if Zillman watched last nights performance from Tedesco.....bloody brilliant.

AND even the Dragons fullback chimed into the backline to set up the try for Neilson.

The best thing Zillman has done this year is scoring off a wrap around play that was brought back for obstruction..Yay for us.

Hail Sezer
17-03-15, 09:52 AM
I wonder if Zillman watched last nights performance from Tedesco.....bloody brilliant.

AND even the Dragons fullback chimed into the backline to set up the try for Neilson.

The best thing Zillman has done this year is scoring off a wrap around play that was brought back for obstruction..Yay for us.

How can you forget his kick return in which he ran over the sideline about 10m out from our own try line. If he didn't get 3 dally m points for that then I'm done

Bayside Titan
17-03-15, 10:35 AM
Heard that Falloon was in Stdney over the weekend. Maybe in talks with another club???

Titanic
17-03-15, 11:09 AM
Heard that Falloon was in Stdney over the weekend. Maybe in talks with another club???
Hoping to score?

TitansFan92
17-03-15, 02:37 PM

sounds great bye Falloon guy is useless.

5 Year Contract
17-03-15, 07:53 PM
sounds great bye Falloon guy is useless.
Amen! Hope he takes Sezer with him. And im sure english superleague could use a all round legend of a fullback in Zillman. The greatest ironman in the history of the NRL

- - - Updated - - -

Another question!!!: Say Paul Carter completes his rehab/soul searching/lobotomy and is eligible to play again next year. Do we take him again or will it be in contrast to the new image we are trying to set as a club???

Titanic
17-03-15, 08:47 PM
We take him because we certainly don't want him playing against us if he gets his head straight.

Toads
17-03-15, 09:36 PM
We take him because we certainly don't want him playing against us if he gets his head straight.

You sound like me a couple of blue moons ago in regards to Bird. :doh:

The old hindsight thing, aye.. :p