PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Squad Signings and Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17

Titanic
10-07-15, 12:21 AM
Bennett was quoted as saying that Taylor was " the only player he couldn't coach" intimating that DT was so stupid … no argument here.

TITAN PETE
10-07-15, 06:01 AM
Bennett was quoted as saying that Taylor was " the only player he couldn't coach" intimating that DT was so stupid … no argument here.

He told me personally that DT is the most talented athlete he has ever coached But he is the dumbest human I've ever met..:laugh:

DavidBouveng
10-07-15, 08:00 AM
i thought he said he was the most selfish player he had ever coached. only concerned with himself.

hard to beleive he would try to sign him up..but if anyone was going to get it out of him, he would probably play wel in the broncs team how it is running these days

TitanSam
10-07-15, 09:40 AM
Scott Dureau is coming home to Aus, is he any good?

Titan4Life
10-07-15, 09:54 AM
Great news!!

Pettybourne and Paasi re-sign
Fri 10th July, 09:28AM

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/07/10/pettybourne_and_paas/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1436484778366.jpg

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans have retained key forwards Eddy Pettybourne and Agnatius Paasi for another two seasons in recognition of their fine form in 2015.

Pettybourne, the 27-year-old Kiwi-born forward who has played 117 NRL games, had joined the club on a one-year deal after he returned to Australia for compassionate reasons after a successful season with Wigan and he has quickly become an important member of the Titans pack.

“Eddie a late acquisition from Wigan as an experienced NRL player and has provided not only experience but good energy, leg speed and power to our forwards,” said head coach Neil Henry.

“He is also a good role model in the club. He backed himself with a one-year deal and has been able to convert that into a longer term stay here at the Titans.”

Paasi, 24, came to the Gold Coast last November and had to trial for a contract but his early form saw him signed for this season. He has gone onto play nine NRL games, despite missing over a month with a foot injury, and the new contract is a fitting reward.

“Agnatius has made significant progress in his short time at the club after coming here on a train and trial contract,” Henry said.

“He has been a real success story, applying himself in pre-season training and is starting to become a regular member of our 17. He also showed his versatility in playing front row and edge forward and this is a great reward for his efforts."

- - - Updated - - -

Can't comment as I've never seen him play but he is experienced and is a goalkicker. Here's a snippet from RLW article:

"The Titans are the obvious favourites for the playmaker’s signature after the club recently missed out on Trent Hodkinson and James Maloney following Daly Cherry-Evans’ backflip.

Interestingly enough, the Sea Eagles could also emerge as a contender after the club failed in its attempt to convince five-eighth Kieran Foran to remain with the club."

TitanSam
10-07-15, 09:59 AM
BEAT ME TO IT :D but Eddy and Aggy have been imo two of our best forwards all year and I'm stoked we can hold onto them. And tbh I hope Aggy has got a huge pay check to bring his family up to the GC!! Theyve both played their hearts out STOKED

Titanic
10-07-15, 10:31 AM
Great re-signings ... that's what I'm talking about :)

Re Dureau ... goes well but may be a bit fragile ... my Knights mates all rate him.

TitanSam
10-07-15, 11:03 AM
UH OH 7th_tackle reporting that The sea-Eagles are the hot favourites to secure Ashley Taylor to partner DCE in the halves...

Surfers66
10-07-15, 11:24 AM
[QUOTE=Titan4Life;364923]Great news!!

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/07/10/pettybourne_and_paas/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1436484778366.jpg

The Aquis Gold Coast Titans have retained key forwards Eddy Pettybourne and Agnatius Paasi for another two seasons in recognition of their fine form in 2015.

Pettybourne, the 27-year-old Kiwi-born forward who has played 117 NRL games, had joined the club on a one-year deal after he returned to Australia for compassionate reasons after a successful season with Wigan and he has quickly become an important member of the Titans pack.

“Eddie a late acquisition from Wigan as an experienced NRL player and has provided not only experience but good energy, leg speed and power to our forwards,” said head coach Neil Henry.

“He is also a good role model in the club. He backed himself with a one-year deal and has been able to convert that into a longer term stay here at the Titans.”

Paasi, 24, came to the Gold Coast last November and had to trial for a contract but his early form saw him signed for this season. He has gone onto play nine NRL games, despite missing over a month with a foot injury, and the new contract is a fitting reward.

“Agnatius has made significant progress in his short time at the club after coming here on a train and trial contract,” Henry said.

“He has been a real success story, applying himself in pre-season training and is starting to become a regular member of our 17. He also showed his versatility in playing front row and edge forward and this is a great reward for his efforts."

THANK THE LORD!!!!

gotitans101_
10-07-15, 01:04 PM
When does White's contract expire? Anyone know?

timor 2
10-07-15, 01:15 PM
When does White's contract expire? Anyone know?

End of next year

The Mole
10-07-15, 01:23 PM

Yes, he has a good kicking game and passing game. He's a speed bump in defense though but he's probably what we need in a halves partner for Elgey. He had a short stint last year with the Roosters playing NSW cup. He might be linking up with them again with Hastings either playing FE or FB. Trent Robinson rates him, and at 29 this year might be the solid experienced half that we need to do his job and take pressure off Elgey. Dureau could be a similar buy for us as Blake Green is for the Storm.

Personally IMO I'd want either Dureau or Issac John signed to a 1 year deal , with Te Haire Martin signed to a 3 year deal. I think that's our best option with Dureau and John filling in for a while then Martin becoming Elgey's long term partner.

Martin over A.Taylor if you couldn't guess already. I don't rate Taylor as high as everyone, I think he's a good player but Martin has much more potential then him IMO.

No to Tyrone Roberts. Apparently he chucked a dummy spit after being dropped, if true then he's not a player we should sign at all. He was good before but I think that there are more better options than him. He's down there with Lui and Sandow in terms of halves we should get.

Great news about Petty and Paasi.

I would like to see Fogarty, Hazard, Crampton, Redmen, Brian Kelly, Shaun Hudson and Oshae Tuiasau get resigned as well.

Hail Sezer
10-07-15, 01:28 PM
Yes, he has a good kicking game and passing game. He's a speed bump in defense though but he's probably what we need in a halves partner for Elgey. He had a short stint last year with the Roosters playing NSW cup. He might be linking up with them again with Hastings either playing FE or FB. Trent Robinson rates him, and at 29 this year might be the solid experienced half that we need to do his job and take pressure off Elgey. Dureau could be a similar buy for us as Blake Green is for the Storm.

Personally IMO I'd want either Dureau or Issac John signed to a 1 year deal , with Te Haire Martin signed to a 3 year deal. I think that's our best option with Dureau and John filling in for a while then Martin becoming Elgey's long term partner.

Martin over A.Taylor if you couldn't guess already. I don't rate Taylor as high as everyone, I think he's a good player but Martin has much more potential then him IMO.

No to Tyrone Roberts. Apparently he chucked a dummy spit after being dropped, if true then he's not a player we should sign at all. He was good before but I think that there are more better options than him. He's down there with Lui and Sandow in terms of halves we should get.

Great news about Petty and Paasi.

I would like to see Fogarty, Hazard, Crampton, Redmen, Brian Kelly, Shaun Hudson and Oshae Tuiasau get resigned as well.

Brian Kelly still has next year in 20's but an extension would be nice. Him and Greg Lelesiuao need to be priority contract extensions form our 20's.

TitanSam
10-07-15, 01:44 PM
Ok I'm hearing that Ash Taylor is in fact going down/in Manly to talk to the Sea-Eagles TODAY

Bayside Titan
10-07-15, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=Titan4Life;364923]Great news!!

THANK THE LORD!!!!

This is good news I think Double "P" have played pretty well for us and will give us good depth in the Front row.

Just wondering how many front rowers should a NRL club have ? Not sure if I have this right , however we will have for next year Dougie, Shillo, Passi, Petty, Nate P and at this stage White giving us six. Should a club aim to have about 8 to cover injury?

RenegadeGC
10-07-15, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Surfers66;364929]

This is good news I think Double "P" have played pretty well for us and will give us good depth in the Front row.

Just wondering how many front rowers should a NRL club have ? Not sure if I have this right , however we will have for next year Dougie, Shillo, Passi, Petty, Nate P and at this stage White giving us six. Should a club aim to have about 8 to cover injury?

I would think 6-8 would be good amount.
2 starting with possibility of 2 on bench (1 of which can dual play in 2nd row) then 2-4 playing in Cup as back up.
Id say Shillo and Dougie will start next year up front

indoallstars
10-07-15, 03:59 PM
Although it seems like we are never announcing enough new signings, it is good to see Pettybourne and Paasi re-sign, as well as Kane Elgey and James Roberts re-signing earlier in the year, just locking up our best potential talent for the upcoming years On top of that we have secured 2 beacons of light in Chad Redman and Nene McDonald, and I think Shillo will be a good representative of the club on and off the field. :thumbsup: . If we can lock up a decent half or two soon, a backrower and add some more depth to our outside back stocks (feels like 50% of our team is always injured), we will have a gun side in the next 2-4yrs because it will take time for them to click. But so far I like what Neil Henry has done to the club, and the style of footy we are playing when we field a full team.

Mexican titan
10-07-15, 05:10 PM
Although it seems like we are never announcing enough new signings, it is good to see Pettybourne and Paasi re-sign, as well as Kane Elgey and James Roberts re-signing earlier in the year, just locking up our best potential talent for the upcoming years On top of that we have secured 2 beacons of light in Chad Redman and Nene McDonald, and I think Shillo will be a good representative of the club on and off the field. :thumbsup: . If we can lock up a decent half or two soon, a backrower and add some more depth to our outside back stocks (feels like 50% of our team is always injured), we will have a gun side in the next 2-4yrs because it will take time for them to click. But so far I like what Neil Henry has done to the club, and the style of footy we are playing when we field a full team.

Like you i really like the style of footy we are playing and it is great to be keeping the guys that are going well this year. However I am getting annoyed (much worse than that actually but that will do on here) that we cannot seem to attract anyone decent.
Without Sezer and Myles we are currently looking at a lesser team ability wise next year. I trust Henry in that i hope he knows what he is doing recruitment wise but at this stage I am very concerned about the makeup of our side for 2016. If we are having decent go at Taylor and he ends up going to Sydney rather than down the road then something is wrong.

Titan4Life
10-07-15, 07:51 PM
Renegade your reputation is still in tact...for now :laugh:

Glenn set to stay with Broncos: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/alex-glenn-set-to-re-sign-with-brisbane-despite-interest-from-newcastle-and-the-gold-coast/story-e6frf3pc-1227437101053?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Real shame. I would've loved to see Glenn at the club. Hope we are looking at a few other quality forwards.

JunctionBlock
10-07-15, 08:36 PM

Glenn set to stay with Broncos: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/alex-glenn-set-to-re-sign-with-brisbane-despite-interest-from-newcastle-and-the-gold-coast/story-e6frf3pc-1227437101053?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Real shame. I would've loved to see Glenn at the club. Hope we are looking at a few other quality forwards.

Dang! Another wishful thinking goes astray.

TitanSam
10-07-15, 08:44 PM
So who's the backrowers that are left?

Mexican titan
10-07-15, 08:49 PM

Still haven't solved the missing half problem yet.

Brock O'Brien
10-07-15, 09:08 PM
I've been really impressed with Shillington so far tonight, 122m after 50 minutes

TitanSam
10-07-15, 09:12 PM
I've just heard from a source that Addin Fonua-Blake and Michael Chee-Kam are in our sights..

Titan4Life
10-07-15, 09:14 PM
I've just heard from a source that Addin Fonua-Blake and Michael Chee-Kam are in our sights..

Who is your source TF92?? Nah haha just kidding bro. Where did you hear this? Is your source pretty spot on?

TitanSam
10-07-15, 09:18 PM
Who is your source TF92?? Nah haha just kidding bro. Where did you hear this? Is your source pretty spot on? well he informed me leading upto the Redman signing that we made inquiries about him and were close to securing a deal and look where that ended up... So I guess he may be allright. And I'm not going to say who it is sorry boys

teke
10-07-15, 09:30 PM
titanfan rhymes with titansam

Mexican titan
10-07-15, 09:31 PM

Chee kam came to manly with great expectations. We are still waiting. Can your source come up with someone decent?
Didn't Fonua-Blake get into trouble for assaulting a woman?

Titanic Believer
10-07-15, 09:32 PM

Fonua-Blake is a restoration project with an unenviable record. but Chee- Kam seems a prospect if his injury problems are behind him.

gotitans101_
10-07-15, 09:36 PM
titanfan rhymes with titansam

hahaha

Smakked
10-07-15, 09:55 PM
Just watched the knight play as for Tyrone ROberts no thanks , hope we dont go for him offered nothing really

TitanSam
10-07-15, 10:00 PM
Just watched the knight play as for Tyrone ROberts no thanks , hope we dont go for him offered nothing really +1

Hail Sezer
10-07-15, 10:03 PM
Lol titansam takin on the new role of "inside word"

Titan4Life
10-07-15, 10:09 PM
Just watched the knight play as for Tyrone ROberts no thanks , hope we dont go for him offered nothing really

Yes he is down on form but you have to remember that the entire Newcastle team is ****house on the field at the moment. Go back to 2012/13 and Tyrone was playing quite well because his team was decent as well.

TitanSam
10-07-15, 10:10 PM
Lol titansam takin on the new role of "inside word" ok no worries no more rumours then.. Sorry lads

Titan4Life
10-07-15, 10:10 PM
That being said, I hope we can snare Te Maire Martin. HS do you have any 'inside word' ;) if we are a big chance of getting him? With Ash Taylor likely signing with Manly, he could be one of our last options.

Hail Sezer
10-07-15, 10:47 PM
ok no worries no more rumours then.. Sorry lads

Just having a laugh Samuel, take it easy my NZ companion

gotitans101_
11-07-15, 12:26 AM
well he informed me leading upto the Redman signing that we made inquiries about him and were close to securing a deal and look where that ended up... So I guess he may be allright. And I'm not going to say who it is sorry boys

all good mate...thought you were someone who has been banned multiple times here...but it seems not.

RenegadeGC
11-07-15, 12:28 AM
Lol lol doing a dance and jigg. My reputation is still in tact haha.

Yall can throw up players and I'll shoot them down. Haha

But on a serious note. No thanks to Dureau, Fonua-Blake, and Chee Kam. All waste of space for me.

With Glenn staying at the donks I wonder how much bread they have for Thaiday.

TITAN PETE
11-07-15, 02:13 AM
I spoke with both Passi & Pettybourne tonight & they are both wrapped to have secured new contracts with the club, not sure about Ash Taylor going to Manly as the cheque signers think he'll be with us next season..

+

shamus
11-07-15, 08:12 AM
I spoke with both Passi & Pettybourne tonight & they are both wrapped to have secured new contracts with the club, not sure about Ash Taylor going to Manly as the cheque signers think he'll be with us next season..

+

2am.....you would have had a HUGE night and not a word out of place or a misspelling? What's the go mate.....Did you drink water all night?

toddythetitan
11-07-15, 09:21 AM
Titansam why do you ask for everyone elses source but wont say your own bro??? Lol just joking mate!

indoallstars
11-07-15, 09:33 AM
Like you i really like the style of footy we are playing and it is great to be keeping the guys that are going well this year. However I am getting annoyed (much worse than that actually but that will do on here) that we cannot seem to attract anyone decent.
Without Sezer and Myles we are currently looking at a lesser team ability wise next year. I trust Henry in that i hope he knows what he is doing recruitment wise but at this stage I am very concerned about the makeup of our side for 2016. If we are having decent go at Taylor and he ends up going to Sydney rather than down the road then something is wrong.

Totally agree with you Mexican, however I don't think Henry's a dummy and has people in place he is just being very selective with Mathieu, who scouted all of the roosters signings not too long ago. I will admit that losing sezer hurt a whole lot especially since he has found good form this year. But we have grown miles since the Cartwright era and it doesn't feel like to long ago getting rid of Cartwright was the number 1 thing people wanted from this forum, and now it has happened. Trying to stay positive but like you, I will be estatic when we know who will partner elgey. Up up the mighty titans

Titanic
11-07-15, 09:49 AM
Just thought I'd add this because I can … in the old days (yawn) we wouldn't have been having this debate until after the Grand Final. Just imagine watching the season without any distractions and just some under-handed speculation to whet the appetite.

On Tyrone Roberts, in fact he didn't go badly just didn't dominate but would anyone rate Mortimer in 7 over him? Not the best choice but not the worst either. Taylor and Elgey look too similar in styles for my liking … not exactly the same but just saying.

JunctionBlock
11-07-15, 10:10 AM
Just thought I'd add this because I can … in the old days (yawn) we wouldn't have been having this debate until after the Grand Final. Just imagine watching the season without any distractions and just some under-handed speculation to whet the appetite.

On Tyrone Roberts, in fact he didn't go badly just didn't dominate but would anyone rate Mortimer in 7 over him? Not the best choice but not the worst either. Taylor and Elgey look too similar in styles for my liking … not exactly the same but just saying.

This thread would be about 200 pages shorter if it was still the old days.

Tyrone didn't offer what we are looking for though. He didn't exhibit control or calmness. A decent fifth tackle option wasn't there. He plays to the line and puts his body on the line, he has a good step but that's about it. I just think if this is where we end up next year we could have saved ourselves some cap space and payout figures and just kept Kelly here. Keeping in mind that kelly wasn't in Kings plans when he took over. Yes I know, what choice do we have? Well, I'll ask again, when is Fogarty due back? What have we got to lose from now?

Hail Sezer
11-07-15, 10:11 AM
Various people on twitter saying Te Maire Martin has signed with the Panthers.

lonegull
11-07-15, 10:38 AM
Various people on twitter saying Te Maire Martin has signed with the Panthers.

Hope not as since it has been floated I have watched highlights of Martin and he is a special talent, and one that a team can be built around

TitanSam
11-07-15, 10:53 AM
Various people on twitter saying Te Maire Martin has signed with the Panthers. why would he go there? They've already got Soward Wallace ZDC. Or maybe they feel ZDC and TMM are the long term halves partnership..

Hail Sezer
11-07-15, 11:40 AM
why would he go there? They've already got Soward Wallace ZDC. Or maybe they feel ZDC and TMM are the long term halves partnership..

Zdc will be a hooker, not a half

TITAN PETE
11-07-15, 02:49 PM
2am.....you would have had a HUGE night and not a word out of place or a misspelling? What's the go mate.....Did you drink water all night?

Drank all night mate & you know how well I do it :thumbsup:, Meady's mask was awesome as it was painted on & Kev Gordon was dressed as Slash with a Hanibal Lector mask , Ya should a been there :eyebrows:

DavidBouveng
11-07-15, 05:07 PM
Drank all night mate & you know how well I do it :thumbsup:, Meady's mask was awesome as it was painted on & Kev Gordon was dressed as Slash with a Hanibal Lector mask , Ya should a been there :eyebrows:

hear anything about one of our coaches heading to manly? an assistant or fitness coach?

TITAN PETE
11-07-15, 05:10 PM
hear anything about one of our coaches heading to manly? an assistant or fitness coach?

No mate but please let it be Lang

Nols of the Goldy
11-07-15, 06:40 PM
I agree it was a great night. It was the first I have been to but won't be the last, that's for sure. :banana:

TitanSam
11-07-15, 06:45 PM
What about Kyle Turner guys? For next year?

DavidBouveng
11-07-15, 08:28 PM
No mate but please let it be Lang

isnt his lady friend a GC reporter for channel 9?

he would be my pick too. as long as its not Rohan or matterson ill be fine. and mathiou obv, but hes not a assistant coach so i doubt he is in the frame

TitanSam
11-07-15, 09:29 PM
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/manly-conspire-to-plunder-more-titans-talent-18130/ Ash Taylor's future

Titan68
11-07-15, 09:38 PM
When are we going to get a break , and have some luck on the recruitment front. PLEASE ASH COME TO THE TITANS. PLEASE

TitanSam
11-07-15, 09:42 PM
I'm not confident about him coming here at all, Manly have Joey, DCE, no salary cap..

amaline
11-07-15, 09:45 PM
When are we going to get a break , and have some luck on the recruitment front. PLEASE ASH COME TO THE TITANS. PLEASE

At least no one can argue that being owned by the NRL has given us an advantage.:rolleyes:

K2G
11-07-15, 09:47 PM
Boom playmaker Titans Ashley Taylor is on Manly’s recruitment radar
PETER BADEL THE SUNDAY MAIL (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/boom-playmaker-titans-ashley-taylor-is-on-manlys-recruitment-radar/story-fniabrr8-1227438255853) (QLD) JULY 12, 2015 12:00AM

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/07/11/1227438/255822-642a0cba-278d-11e5-b424-466486ab9bda.jpg

MANLY are plotting to blindside Gold Coast yet again with bids for boom playmaker Ashley Taylor and highly-regarded trainer Dan Ferris.

Relations between the clubs hit rock bottom last month when Daly Cherry-Evans reneged on his Titans contract to sign a $10 million lifetime with the Sea Eagles.

Manly are set to rub salt into deep wounds as they ramp up their pursuit of Ferris and Titans target Taylor.

The Titans and Manly are now vying for the signature of Taylor, who was reluctantly given permission to leave by Broncos coach Wayne Bennett last week.

Taylor is torn over the biggest move of his career, with the Titans prepared to offer a two-year package worth around $400,000 and a move to the Coast which would enable the 20-year-old to remain close to family in Toowoomba.

Manly are dangling an equally lucrative deal and the opportunity to launch his NRL career alongside Cherry-Evans at one of the most successful clubs of the past 30 years.

The Titans expect an answer from Taylor this week and coach Neil Henry hopes the Coast can trump the Sea Eagles for the Junior Kangaroos halfback.

“We are interested in Ashley,” Henry said. “I think he’s a bright prospect, whether he is ready for first grade, who knows?

“We weren’t sure about Kane Elgey being able to step up but he’s handled it quite well.

“Certainly the signs are there with Ashley. I watched his game for the Junior Kangaroos at Robina (in May) and he was outstanding against the young Kiwis.

“He showed his pace with some big try saving tackles and he’s a level-headed kid who works extremely hard.

“He comes from a good system at the Broncos. We haven’t talked solid figures yet, Manly are searching for a partner for Daly so they would be looking at Ashley as well.”

Ferris is also on Manly’s radar. He has been the Titans’ strength-and-conditioning coach since 2012 and has worked in the same role with Country Origin under Trent Barrett, who is tipped to coach Manly next season.

Broncos coach Bennett said he doesn’t want to lose Taylor but concedes he is too talented to languish behind established halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford.

“I’m disappointed but if we are going to lose players, I want it to be our decision and that we can control it,” he said.

“With Anthony and Ben Hunt here, it’s hard for Ashley to crack it in the halves, in fact it’s nearly impossible.

“It’s in his best interests to play in the NRL next year and he’s capable of doing that. The game will benefit and he’ll benefit ... maybe down the track he might come back to the Broncos one day.’’

All the boys are really close with Ferris, so that one will be interesting, but in all honesty - considering our epic injury toll every year, maybe its time our strength and conditioning ranks get a bit a shake up any way.

As for Ash - I still think we'll get him, but if we don't, surely Henry's hand will be forced to look to SL?

Ultimately , I think we can all agree on one thing...

F*ck Manly.

GCTTSD
11-07-15, 09:55 PM
Dan ferris is the trainer manly are trying to get from us

amaline
11-07-15, 10:11 PM
Ultimately , I think we can all agree on one thing...

F*ck Manly.

I never understood people who hate a team in particular. Never made sense to me. It does now. Thanks, Manly!

Mexican titan
11-07-15, 10:13 PM
F*ck Manly.[/B]

Well I don't think we can all agree on that!

Putting the love for Manly to the side, I think if Taylor doesn't come here we need to ask some serious questions about recruitment and our lack of appeal. The signing of Shillingplod just doesn't cut it for me at the moment.

Geeman
12-07-15, 08:26 AM
Well I don't think we can all agree on that!

I was waiting to see if you or Teke would be in first :laugh:

Titanic
12-07-15, 10:28 AM
The signing of Shillingplod just doesn't cut it for me at the moment.
Had another good game against the Knights, he will be good for us.

Bayside Titan
12-07-15, 11:54 AM
Shillo's stats for last night were 17 hit ups and 160 Mtrs. Hope he keeps up that sort of form.

Mexican titan
12-07-15, 07:40 PM
Shillo's stats for last night were 17 hit ups and 160 Mtrs. Hope he keeps up that sort of form.

So do I and I hope he keeps his consistency that he seems to have found lately but it's hard to get the last few years out of my mind where he seemed to do very little every time I watched the Raiders. But by God I hope he isn't the major signing for next season!

Bayside Titan
12-07-15, 09:02 PM
So do I and I hope he keeps his consistency that he seems to have found lately but it's hard to get the last few years out of my mind where he seemed to do very little every time I watched the Raiders. But by God I hope he isn't the major signing for next season!

Agree. I hope that he does not become the major signing for next year. On Shillo I think that he will be back in Qld and his siblings are in the South East corner it should help him relax and play some good footy.

toddythetitan
13-07-15, 07:44 AM
Apparently as stated in league week it said we are linked to nathan friend on a year deal in a mentoring role for mosseley and it also said we are looking at matt parcell and the ipswich jets 5/8

RenegadeGC
13-07-15, 08:18 AM
Nathan Friend has had probably one of his best years this year. Killing it at the Warriors. Defensively we no he's good. But this year he's running the ball a lot more. Would that mean Redman would be gone, as he was only on a one year deal??

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 08:33 AM
Apparently as stated in league week it said we are linked to nathan friend on a year deal in a mentoring role for mosseley and it also said we are looking at matt parcell and the ipswich jets 5/8

Matt Parcell is a very good player

JunctionBlock
13-07-15, 09:08 AM

How many Hookers do we need? Moseley (2016), Falloon (gooonneeee this year), Srama (2016), Hazard (2015), Lawton (2017), Mortimer (2016), Redman (2015) and now looking at Friend (which I'd happily have back) and Parcell?.

toddythetitan
13-07-15, 09:10 AM
friend would be a very handy mentor/coach to all of those young guys

K2G
13-07-15, 10:07 AM

Agree. But is he a 5/8 ?? One thing is for sure - kid's an athlete;

In 2015, Parcell joined the Brisbane Broncos.[3] In the pre-season, he beat former Bronco Jake Granville's 2.5 kilometre cross country record twice in one hour and then set a new mark for the Broncos' 1.8 kilometre run, while he can also run 40 metres in under five second

Titanic
13-07-15, 10:27 AM
My feeling to both of these possibilities is "so what?" ... does nothing much for me at all.

JunctionBlock
13-07-15, 10:50 AM
Moley's Monday Scoops

Ben Te’o’s agent is telling NRL clubs he is ready to come home – and the Cowboys have joined the list of clubs after his signature.

Te’o wants to go to a strong club and may even return to Souths after helping them to last year’s memorable grand final triumph.

The hard-running back-rower is currently enjoying a paid holiday with Irish rugby club Leinster.

The rugged forward broke his arm in his debut for Leinster but has adapted to the game since then.

But his contract with the Irish club ends next May and those close to him say he is keen on a return to the NRL.

Guess that rules us out.

Bayside Titan
13-07-15, 12:04 PM
With Weston leaving the Storm we may see White go there in 2016.

TitanSam
13-07-15, 02:05 PM
CONFIRMED: Penrith have signed Te Maire Martin

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 02:38 PM
CONFIRMED: Penrith have signed Te Maire Martin

Well done Penrith, superb signing.

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 04:15 PM
Wow. If we dont land Taylor now, recruitment staff and our board should be ashamed of themselves.

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 04:18 PM
Wow. If we dont land Taylor now, recruitment staff and our board should be ashamed of themselves.

You're kidding

Titanic
13-07-15, 05:44 PM
<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/wi9yHmX7Sztuw" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" style="max-width: 100%" class="giphy-embed" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
If we have resorted to quoting Confucius then we may as well add the 'master'.

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 07:42 PM
You're kidding

No im not. I think you and I have had this conversation before mate. Look at our situation for next season and the future mate. Anyone on this forum that thinks Tyrone Roberts or Chris Sandow are the answer to our future, they my friend, are kidding.

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 07:46 PM
No im not. I think you and I have had this conversation before mate. Look at our situation for next season and the future mate. Anyone on this forum that thinks Tyrone Roberts or Chris Sandow are the answer to our future, they my friend, are kidding.

Who thinks that? I don't honestly think 1 member on this forum thinks that. Like literally not 1.

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 07:54 PM
Ok so why am i kidding again?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the situation so far in the halves.

Lost:
Albert Kelly
Aiden Seizer
DCE (backflipped)

Missed out on:
Maloney
Hodkinson
Martin
etc

Gained
Daniel Mortimer

That alone is embarrassing, especially considering the situation where we need to start seeing success to survive.

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 08:35 PM
Ok so why am i kidding again?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the situation so far in the halves.

Lost:
Albert Kelly
Aiden Seizer
DCE (backflipped)

Missed out on:
Maloney
Hodkinson
Martin
etc

Gained
Daniel Mortimer

That alone is embarrassing, especially considering the situation where we need to start seeing success to survive.

Your entire point is based on DCE flipping. Subtract that and you look pretty silly (even moreso than currently)

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 08:36 PM
Your entire point is based on DCE flipping. Subtract that and you look pretty silly (even moreso than currently)

So your saying Mortimer was a upgrade over Kelly?

Also how do i look silly? For expressing my opinion on internet forum?

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 08:37 PM
So your saying Mortimer was a upgrade over Kelly?

How you got that from my post I have no idea

How old are you bud? Serious q :)

Titan4Life
13-07-15, 08:45 PM
Got to say tonight, maybe buying Friendy for a 1 or 2 year contract wouldn't be bad. He is playing some great footy and could mentor Moseley to be our future hooker. Running a hooker rotation between them two + having Redman as backup could be good. Get him back home to finish his career I say :thumbsup:

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 08:47 PM
How you got that from my post I have no idea

How old are you bud? Serious q :)

Im 28 years old mate. You just wrote that my post is based on DCE back flipping? Of course it is? Why wouldnt it be? We are in this situation because of it?

And to be honest if you look it, my post isnt wholly based on DCE flipping. Before DCE was rumoured we had Kelly and we let him go and got Mortimer? How do i look silly?Before that your looking at Prince Campbell Rogers.

Titan4Life
13-07-15, 08:48 PM
Im 28 years old mate. You just wrote that my post in based on DCE back flipping? Of course it is? Why wouldnt it be? We are in this situation because of it?

And to be honest if you look it, my post isnt wholly based on DCE flipping. Before DCE was rumoured we had Kelly and we let him go and got Mortimer. Before that your looking at Prince Campbell Rogers.

Not true mate. We got Morts a long time before Kelly left. Mortimer was a mid season buy last year.

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 08:50 PM
Im 28 years old mate. You just wrote that my post in based on DCE back flipping? Of course it is? Why wouldnt it be? We are in this situation because of it?

And to be honest if you look it, my post isnt wholly based on DCE flipping. Before DCE was rumoured we had Kelly and we let him go and got Mortimer. Before that your looking at Prince Campbell Rogers.

Yes. Because of it. And so you blame our Recruitment team and not the stupid NRL contract rule/DCE's integrity?

+ what T4L said

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 08:56 PM
Not true mate. We got Morts a long time before Kelly left. Mortimer was a mid season buy last year.

And we signed him to a 2 year deal when we got him. Due to injuries in halves. Did anyone else wonder at the time why he got a 2 year deal?

Can you not agree that if we miss out on Taylor it would be a huge failure on the clubs behalf? Because that was my original point to my original post to which you replied "Youre kidding".

Mate, of course i blame Evans, it was a ****ty thing to do. But it was within the rules and i would expect a professional club that NEEDS to have success to survive would have a contigency plan. Its been months since he has backflipped mate and so far our situation hasnt got any better. And considering our situation (we NEED success to survive) look at the free agents in the halves that are left. There comes a time where you have to stop blaming Evans mate because time is a tickin.

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 09:01 PM
And we signed him to a 2 year deal when we got him. Due to injuries in halves. Did anyone else wonder at the time why he got a 2 year deal?

Can you not agree that if we miss out on Taylor it would be a huge failure on the clubs behalf? Because that was my original point to my original post to which you replied "Youre kidding".

Mate, of course i blame Evans, it was a ****ty thing to do. But it was within the rules and i would expect a professional club that NEEDS to have success to survive would have a contigency plan. Its been months since he has backflipped mate and so far our situation hasnt got any better. And considering our situation (we NEED success to survive) look at the free agents in the halves that are left. There comes a time where you have to stop blaming Evans mate because time is a tickin.

RE: bold - nope

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 09:02 PM
Wow. Can i ask who you think the answer is?

Titan4Life
13-07-15, 09:08 PM

Mate I'm not sure anyone on here knows the answer to that but I'm sure the club will find something and are trying their best to.

- - - Updated - - -

Just thinking if we do miss out on Taylor, will it hurt to trial Hazard or Fogarty in the last few rounds once they get healthy? Maybe we could see if our own talent is an option if worse comes to worst.

Hail Sezer
13-07-15, 09:08 PM

I'm not sure who the answer is - although I'm hoping we can pick up a young gun to roll with and take a gamble on (Ash would be great) as well as a player who is too good for their respective state cup comp (Nona for e.g.). Let the 3 (LG incl.) battle it out for the spots for 2016.

Given the current market, it's slim pickings. In saying that, I don't think erratically offering Hodko/Maloney 700k/yr for 3 years was the answer either. If we can save and re-allocate the funds to build a tidy pack for halves the play off the back of, then I'd be more than happy and I genuinely believe that given who is available, this is our best option.

DavidBouveng
13-07-15, 09:17 PM
Kelly was a poor trainer and liked to drink when he should have been re habbing injuries. he was electric and super exciting...but effectively not too much different to sandow in that he was hit or miss, and not what we want around the team.

DCE flipped, whatever. no matter who's fault, but that directly cost us Sezer as we thought we had a half.

once that happens, we have only really gone for Hodko. havent offered anyone else contracts. maybe price, maybe not a good fit, but for whatever reason we are being selective in who we make an offer too. Perhaps we are happy to sign a second tier half for next year to partner LG while we wait for someone we really want.

We have brought in Nene who appears to be a really good fit and takes a permanent spot in the backline. He and Roberts are our centres for the forseeable future and we have Don, Mead, Hoffman to fill the FB and wing spots. im ok with all of that. no more signings really needed. maybe some depth like a Copley or Kahu, but once the un droppable Zillman comes back Don wont be in first grade so we already have one NRL player missing out. not to mention an assload of good talent coming through in next few years in the backs. some real freaks that will have the rest of the comp sitting up and noticing.

for forwards, we have picked up Peteru, and from his first game he looked like he charges hard and is a big bopper. and we have signed Shillo also. so two players who will likely play first grade in the forwards next year have been signed lately. and i'll be very suprised if they don't both offer more than our sometimes interested captain.

We have resigned LG, James Roberts, our two most important backs, and paasi and Petty, close to our two best forwards apart from Ryan James. We let Myles go but i would be hard pressed to find someone crying about it. most want him dropped ASAP for form, not cause he is leaving.

So we have resigned most of the priorities, only really missing out on Sezer, due to DCE issues out of our control, and made signings for 3 first team players for next year... i cant see much of a problem apart from the failure to find a half.

if We had managed to land Hodko, i would rate our recruitment a resounding success, but we missed him, and so i would only put us at reasonably successful. dont let the lack of a 'big name' distract you from us building a nice balanced team of role players who will all contribute around our strike players. Sezer and Lg being injured and us getting pumped isn't helping the mood

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 09:22 PM
I honestly hope we end up with Taylor or Nona. Been here since day 1 2007 vs the Dragons and id a bit dissapointed if we didnt. If happily give Hazard or Fogarty ago too. I mean im not trying to be Mr negative here but personally im not really expecting us to make the 8 now this season. That being case we may as well blood for next season if we are looking to use Hazard Seizer won't be here next season so i dont see the harm in Hazard coming off the bench.

Personallly as a genuine Titans fan that wants to see the club survive i hope we get Taylor.

Titan4Life
13-07-15, 09:27 PM
Very long post DB but a bloody accurate one as well. As much as nights like this might make us look like a joke, this team has a very bright future in my opinion with the likes of LG, Jimmy the Jet, James, Moseley, Paasi, Pettybourne all leading the way to the future.

DavidBouveng
13-07-15, 09:27 PM
Taylor would be great, but losing Lg and Sezer has as much to do with us sliding down the ladder as anything else.

we lost our 6,7,9 for middle chunk of the year. always gonna hurt us

TitanSam
13-07-15, 09:28 PM
Ooooo yea I forgot about Nona. He'd almost be the best option tbh from what I've seen of him.

Titan4Life
13-07-15, 09:28 PM
Isn't Nona still contracted next year? Not that contracts mean anything but would Melbourne let him go?

DavidBouveng
13-07-15, 09:31 PM
Very long post DB but a bloody accurate one as well. As much as nights like this might make us look like a joke, this team has a very bright future in my opinion with the likes of LG, Jimmy the Jet, James, Moseley, Paasi, Pettybourne all leading the way to the future.

yeah man, and we might not sign Jesse BRomwich next year, but our football recruiters have found paasi, petty, petu, moseley and now shillo in one season. thats almost a whole pack and they have been our best aside from Ryan James early in the year. and they will keep adding these guys and some will work and some will fade out, but they are finding some gems.

We have struggled with the halves for sure, but we might sign Taylor or Nona tomorrow and then we all need to back up and appreciate what they are building.

TitanSam
13-07-15, 09:35 PM
Isn't Nona still contracted next year? Not that contracts mean anything but would Melbourne let him go? Nope don't think so, he'd be almost the perfect compliment for LG too

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 09:37 PM
@DB - Did we offer Martin a deal? I thought i read somewhere we had? I agree with the point to your post, however i hope we dont sign a second teir half and write off another year when instead we could be blooding young talent for the future. ie; Ben Hunt.

If we sign Nona or Taylor tommorrow id be stoked. Im happy with the rest of the team, my point has been revolved around the half issue.

DavidBouveng
13-07-15, 09:44 PM
No i dont think we did offer him at all. just speculation. i could find out from some people probably.

Yeah i dont want to waste another year either...not at all. but if it happens that way and its tyrone, or fogarty or whoever...we just gotta deal and be thankful we resigned LG and Roberts and hope whoever the 6 is...they play some sort of role and contribute.

p.s. everyone has gone quiet on CoreyNorman (he is not free agent next year?) but i have always though he would be good.

Kelly.to.Roberts
13-07-15, 09:46 PM
No i dont think we did offer him at all. just speculation. i could find out from some people probably.

Yeah i dont want to waste another year either...not at all. but if it happens that way and its tyrone, or fogarty or whoever...we just gotta deal and be thankful we resigned LG and Roberts and hope whoever the 6 is...they play some sort of role and contribute.

p.s. everyone has gone quiet on CoreyNorman (he is not free agent next year?) but i have always though he would be good.

Think he has another year. Id love him personally. Him, Roberts and Hoffman. Great combo.

Mexican titan
13-07-15, 10:08 PM
Got to say tonight, maybe buying Friendy for a 1 or 2 year contract wouldn't be bad. He is playing some great footy and could mentor Moseley to be our future hooker. Running a hooker rotation between them two + having Redman as backup could be good. Get him back home to finish his career I say :thumbsup:

I am coming around to your view T4L despite me saying a month ago that Friendy was not a good option. It does worry me that Friend has only started playing great this past few weeks when the contract discussions started as before that he was plodding. However if we could keep him keen and playing like he is now I think he would be good for Moseley and Redman.

Mexican titan
13-07-15, 10:19 PM
Taylor would be great, but losing Lg and Sezer has as much to do with us sliding down the ladder as anything else.

You're right there for sure DB and your earlier long post was well spelt out...........but lets look at our spine 1,6,7,and 9 for next season. Overall as a group it's pretty weak. Mead - a good fullback but never going to be a great one, LG - could be anything, 6 - who will that be, hooker - ok but average at best.

amaline
13-07-15, 10:22 PM

Yep. Injuries have hurt us this year. And last year. And the year before. How many years in a row have we been destroyed by injuries? Is there a pattern there?

Noddy1979
14-07-15, 05:31 AM
I have been saying for years our recruitment needs to start with strength and conditioning. We have to many injuries every year to make it a coincidence. Teams like the roosters and Broncos are prime examples

JunctionBlock
14-07-15, 06:42 AM
After watching last nights game I'm going with Kelly.to.roberts, missing out on Hodkinson and only offering a pathetic $400k a year is a massive failure on our part. If we sign Tyrone now then we have failed even more.

Bayside Titan
14-07-15, 10:42 AM
I think that we should offer $800k each to Mbye and Te'o for next year and see if we can get TPAs in the offers. Dogs may not be able to match that and try and keep the others at the Dogs.

Also as one year deals for Friend and Mason. We all know what Friend will offer however having a " Personality " like Mason here on the Coast would be good for the Brand as an identity that fans know. Have him hit the TV and radio dragging Ryan James with him to get plenty of exposure for the brand. Just thoughts.

JunctionBlock
14-07-15, 10:48 AM
I think that we should offer $800k each to Mbye and Te'o for next year and see if we can get TPAs in the offers. Dogs may not be able to match that and try and keep the others at the Dogs.

Also as one year deals for Friend and Mason. We all know what Friend will offer however having a " Personality " like Mason here on the Coast would be good for the Brand as an identity that fans know. Have him hit the TV and radio dragging Ryan James with him to get plenty of exposure for the brand. Just thoughts.

Well Mason keeps harping on about not having any clue about his future next year but I don't see him leaving Sydney.

Toads
14-07-15, 11:10 AM
Absolutely not to Mason coming here. He'd turn into a bigger bludger here than what we've witnessed in recent years in our squad. Not only that, he'd probably have the gall to laugh at us 'n rub it in our face for as long as he's contracted to us.

A big **** No, for mine.

toddythetitan
14-07-15, 12:04 PM
Mason absolutely hates henry wont happen

TitanSam
14-07-15, 12:17 PM
Mason absolutely hates henry wont happen how?

Toads
14-07-15, 12:30 PM
His time at the Cowboys. Not sure what happened, but only done a season there (iirc) 'n that was it.

Kelly.to.Roberts
14-07-15, 01:07 PM
After watching last nights game I'm going with Kelly.to.roberts, missing out on Hodkinson and only offering a pathetic $400k a year is a massive failure on our part. If we sign Tyrone now then we have failed even more.

My point was more about Ashley Taylor. Id rather get him and build around LG and Taylor then any other option.

Show and Go
14-07-15, 03:05 PM
LOL Willie Mason. Not sure why anyone would even suggest him TBH.

Mexican titan
14-07-15, 03:30 PM
LOL Willie Mason. Not sure why anyone would even suggest him TBH.

Mason has given Manly limited value this year but I'm pretty certain he will be finishing up with them at the end of this season. Frankly I don't see any value in him coming here. He played one of his better games last night but the defence through the middle was so poor, of course he is going to make metres when he ran.

JunctionBlock
14-07-15, 04:03 PM

That's what I was referring too. And I agree, if we don't get Taylor and end up with Roberts then anyone who had anything to do with that or the previous missed opportunities should be ashamed.

Surfers66
14-07-15, 05:00 PM
That's what I was referring too. And I agree, if we don't get Taylor and end up with Roberts then anyone who had anything to do with that or the previous missed opportunities should be ashamed.

Ashamed??? we've Re-signed Roberts and Elgey when against other bidders. Got Cherry to sign.
Other than Sezer we havent lost much we wanted to retain really.

JunctionBlock
14-07-15, 05:26 PM
Ashamed??? we've Re-signed Roberts and Elgey when against other bidders. Got Cherry to sign.
Other than Sezer we havent lost much we wanted to retain really.

I was referring to Tyrone Roberts. If we sign him after the missed opportunities......

Titan4Life
14-07-15, 06:45 PM
Friendy move back to the Gold Coast confirmed???

https://bay173.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=6d8f23ad-2a04-11e5-8aac-00215ad6a1c0&Aux=114%7c0%7c8D28C2854700830%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7 c%7c%7c10%7cantdonto%40hotmail.com&cid=590a11d171ae1ca2&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MHxGdWxsU2l6ZVJlbmRlci5qcGd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d _3d

Haha nah but seriously hope it happens. In my opnion, with the very unexperienced spine we have for next year (Hoffman, LG, Taylor??), Friend could be a great addition to add a tackling machine with a cool head. Having Moseley and Redman are good but they are still young and a year or two under Friendy could be good IMO.

TitanSam
14-07-15, 06:58 PM
Friendy move back to the Gold Coast confirmed???

https://bay173.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=6d8f23ad-2a04-11e5-8aac-00215ad6a1c0&Aux=114%7c0%7c8D28C2854700830%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7 c%7c%7c10%7cantdonto%40hotmail.com&cid=590a11d171ae1ca2&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MHxGdWxsU2l6ZVJlbmRlci5qcGd8aW1hZ2UvanBlZw_3d _3d

Haha nah but seriously hope it happens. In my opnion, with the very unexperienced spine we have for next year (Hoffman, LG, Taylor??), Friend could be a great addition to add a tackling machine with a cool head. Having Moseley and Redman are good but they are still young and a year or two under Friendy could be good IMO. agreed. Falloon will be gone next year pretty much and it could also mean Srama may go to.

RenegadeGC
14-07-15, 07:09 PM
Will be very hard to offload any players with 2 years left or more on their contracts with out having to pick up the bill for their contract.

We have a lot of player tied up who we probably shouldn't and on good money from previous administration. Unless they ask for a release or another club picks up the tab we will be stuck with majority of these players until their contract ends.

TitanSam
14-07-15, 07:14 PM
Will be very hard to offload any players with 2 years left or more on their contracts with out having to pick up the bill for their contract.

We have a lot of player tied up who we probably shouldn't and on good money from previous administration. Unless they ask for a release or another club picks up the tab we will be stuck with majority of these players until their contract ends.
Ok then so we would now have Friend, Moseley, Redman, Srama, Mortimer in the hookers.

RenegadeGC
14-07-15, 07:53 PM
Ok then so we would now have Friend, Moseley, Redman, Srama, Mortimer in the hookers.

Redman is only on a one year deal. But Srama, Mortimer, Mosley yes, plus Lawton.

And where has it been said that we are after Friend???

Titan4Life
14-07-15, 08:02 PM
Redman is only on a one year deal. But Srama, Mortimer, Mosley yes, plus Lawton.

It would be tough to have that many hookers on the roster but could we possibly offload Srama though considering he almost left this preseason? But I suppose that there aren't any teams looking for a hooker and he hasn't played much first grade this year.

Apparently said in RLW that Friend was considering coming to the Titans on a short deal as a mentor to Moseley and the young guys.

JunctionBlock
14-07-15, 08:09 PM

Matty Johns mentioned the link last night. Not sure where he's getting his mail from though.

DavidBouveng
14-07-15, 08:11 PM
redman is only contracted until end of this year.

RenegadeGC
14-07-15, 08:36 PM
It would be tough to have that many hookers on the roster but could we possibly offload Srama though considering he almost left this preseason? But I suppose that there aren't any teams looking for a hooker and he hasn't played much first grade this year.

Apparently said in RLW that Friend was considering coming to the Titans on a short deal as a mentor to Moseley and the young guys.

Im pretty sure the Warriors offered Friend a one year deal but he wanted longer (could be wrong though). So short term deal with us, would mean at least 2 years.

Srama backflipped back to us because hes on good money. lol no fault of his own though. Highest paid QCup player going around Id say lol

Mexican titan
14-07-15, 09:04 PM
Im pretty sure the Warriors offered Friend a one year deal but he wanted longer (could be wrong though). So short term deal with us, would mean at least 2 years.

Srama backflipped back to us because hes on good money. lol no fault of his own though. Highest paid QCup player going around Id say lol

You might be right Renegade but I recall reading that Friend wanted one more year. Didn't think it was two but I assume he is hoping a new club might offer one year and once he gets there then push his claims for longer.
Srama backflipped because the Roosters only wanted to give him one year and he was signed for two more years here. Rather than take one year at the Roosters he decided to stay with the guaranteed two years pay here rather than take the risk of one year at the Roosters and have nothing after that.

Titan4Life
14-07-15, 09:46 PM
The Titans have told Dave Taylor is not part of the club’s plans in 2016
CHRIS GARRY THE COURIER-MAIL
JULY 15, 2015 12:00AM

HE WAS the Titans’ marquee signing now Dave Taylor must find a new club or he will be playing for the Tweed Heads Seagulls.

The enigmatic Taylor is all but guaranteed to leave the tourist strip at the end of this season, one year before his contract expires.

The Gold Coast have formally told Taylor’s management he is not part of their 2016 plans and have offered him to rival NRL and Super League clubs.

However, there is a sticking point.

The former Origin backrower will not be taking a pay cut to leave even if it means he is a $500,000 Tweed Heads second rower.

The Titans will be forced to pay some of his wage in order to get him off their roster in a similar deal to what the Broncos did to move Ben Barba on.

The Titans are now targeting Catalans Dragons and former Newcastle Knights forward Zeb Taia who has been in good form in Super League.

The Titans believe they are paying too much for the 27-year-old Taylor whom they consider a bench weapon at best.

Taylor has been solid for the Titans this year and created their only try in the injury-hit team’s poor loss to the Manly Sea Eagles on Monday night.

Titans coach Neil Henry declined to comment on Taylor.

With Taylor on the way out, captain Nate Myles headed for Manly and Aidan Sezer Canberra-bound there will be a major changing of the guard at the Titans.

They will have salary cap to spare for 2016 and one of the few clubs in position to snare rugby converts Sam Burgess or Ben Te’o if they decide to return to the 13-man code.

Te’o has been in Australia on holidays and signalled a desire to return to the NRL after an injury-plagued season in Ireland.

Taia is regarded as among the best backrowers in Super League and was a good player for the Knights until he left at the end of the 2012 season.

Following the Daly Cherry-Evans backflip, the Titans’ biggest signing is former Australian prop David Shillington who is regaining his best form for Canberra this season.

They have also picked up outside back Nene Macdonald from the Roosters and prop Nathaniel Peteru from the Warriors.

The Titans will sign promising Broncos half Ash Taylor but may have to find more talent out of Super League and union as the player market is dwindling for next season.

With Brisbane to re-sign Sam Thaiday and Alex Glenn within the next month, the best players left on the NRL market are Billy Slater, Paul Gallen and Daniel Tupou.

DavidBouveng
14-07-15, 09:59 PM
Is he taking some big leaps? WILL sign Taylor? mmm

and i would want a Teo rather than a Zeb Taia.

we shall see

TitanSam
14-07-15, 10:20 PM
oooooo exciting

teke
15-07-15, 01:42 AM
Zeb Taia is a target :laugh:

JunctionBlock
15-07-15, 06:27 AM
Looks like we are becoming the true Gold Coast team. You come here to retire.

Titanic Believer
15-07-15, 07:29 AM

The team will have a massively different feel about it next year. Can't comment on Taia but if he puts in the effort Pettybourne has I will be happy. Pity his name isn't Paia then we'd have the four "p's" in our pod, I mean squad....

Hail Sezer
15-07-15, 07:54 AM

Mate your posts seem to have taken a turn toward sadtown lately! Haha

We have a youth recruitment guideline. Hence the signings of Nene, Roberts, Peteru, Paasi, Moseley, Redman, the willingness to have a young halves pairing etc etc. We have to sign some experience somewhere or else we will adopt tigers syndrome.

Taia will be one of a handful of potential signings for the backrow for next year, no doubt we are targeting some young guns as well.

Mexican titan
15-07-15, 09:16 AM

We have a youth recruitment guideline. Hence the signings of Nene, Roberts, Peteru, Paasi, Moseley, Redman, the willingness to have a young halves pairing etc etc. We have to sign some experience somewhere or else we will adopt tigers syndrome.

Taia will be one of a handful of potential signings for the backrow for next year, no doubt we are targeting some young guns as well.

I'm also guilty of the trend towards sadtown posts lately, at least when it comes to recruitment. With good reason too in my book.
I have been a member since day 1 and I wasn't going to renew this year if Carty had been retained and the same mistakes kept getting made. Of course change was made and the team has generally played a much improved style this year. Monday night was a perfect indication of what next year will be like if we do not bolster the team, especially with experience in the halves.

I am not prepared to go through a year of rebuilding or whatever some call it in the hope that some of our cast off signings might suddenly become top players. Some might but the odds are not good. I know it's only a rumour but Zeb Taia, oh ffs.

I open up Fox sports and read their market watch articles and quite frankly it's depressing (from the Titans viewpoint it is, the Manly side is much better). So many clubs are active and signing players, whereas for us it's generally about blokes that no one wants. We might be active signing players but have we recently beaten any club in a race for a player as yet (sure we have but I can't think of one right now).

So yeah, I'm a bit with JunctionB and need some quality signing news. Otherwise it might be a scaling back of membership for next I think. I really hope not but if it wasn't Manly winning on Monday night, I'd have been p1ssed off about paying to watch that. Remember, Manly were second last.

JunctionBlock
15-07-15, 09:41 AM

Fair comment, my negativity on the Titans vs Manly post is purely for Teke's enjoyment.

If I was to be positive about Zeb then I can remember having him in my SuperCoach team three years ago and he scored pretty well until he got injured. I don't watch Super League but judging by a quick google search he seems to be doing well over there. The youth policy is fantastic and I'm all for it. But Shillington and Taia (if signed) will be swan song contracts.

More positivist is that I really like this weeks team list if LG lines up. I'll be interested to see how he goes without Sezer and a nuff feeding him.

Titanic
15-07-15, 10:34 AM
Don't mind Taia, if that happens (he was in my fantasy team too), but he adds another Pettybourne-style player to the growing list of Pettybourne-style players = Paasi and Peteru which I thought was why we let Ioane go. Don't get me wrong because I do like Pettybourne, Paasi and Peteru but we really need a serious line-crunching, ball-playing, hard-headed prop to back-up Douglas.

I must also admit that Willie sort of fits into that pack although I'm sure there are some 'ripping and a-tearing' young blokes running around in the QCup or how about stealing from the Cows? Oh yeah, they all know what Henry is like :( and that's the best indicator.

As for the half's, I don't care too much about who pairs with Elgey as long as he is an actual half and not Zillman, Hoffman, Roberts or any other figment of Henry's imagination.

Also wouldn't mind both Bolton from the Cows and Runciman from the Dragons.

JunctionBlock
15-07-15, 07:42 PM
Also wouldn't mind both Bolton from the Cows and Runciman from the Dragons.

I'd like to see us go after Adam Docker or Sika Manu.

Titan4Life
15-07-15, 07:45 PM
I'd like to see us go after Adam Docker or Sika Manu.

I definitely agree but sounds like Manu is off to Cronulla and Docker's constant concussions of late have been worrying me. But he is a hard hitter in defence.

TitanSam
15-07-15, 08:04 PM
I heard Docker to dragons but not sure how much truth there was to it.

TitanSam
15-07-15, 08:59 PM
Jayden Nikorima is off-contract. Another option there.

Hail Sezer
15-07-15, 09:03 PM
Jayden Nikorima is off-contract. Another option there.

i'd take him in an instant but man getting players off Brisbane is near impossible if Brisbane wanna keep em..

TitanSam
15-07-15, 09:23 PM
i'd take him in an instant but man getting players off Brisbane is near impossible if Brisbane wanna keep em.. Hes got talent for days, he and Elgey could be lethal.

GCTTSD
15-07-15, 09:42 PM
On nrl360 dobbin said we are favourites for ash taylor and that henry has spoken to taylor and is pretty confident we will get him, also said we are chasing matt parcell and the titans think him and mosely wil be a good hooking partnership

TitanSam
15-07-15, 09:48 PM
On nrl360 dobbin said we are favourites for ash taylor and that henry has spoken to taylor and is pretty confident we will get him, also said we are chasing matt parcell and the titans think him and mosely wil be a good hooking partnership NOICE. Parcell is the fastest hooker around I think?. Idk why we are signing heaps of hookers though, it looks like Beau Falloon will be gone for next season though which is top news. And maybe Morts may piss off too. I'm a little bit confident about the signing of Ash Taylor but the forwards will need to really step up some notches next season if we are any chance off Ash and Kane doing well. The forwards will have to protect them and lay the platform for Ash and Kane to do the job.

Hail Sezer
15-07-15, 10:30 PM
I rate Parcell above any of our current hookers and I'm a big fan of Moseley. Defensively very good, slick service and a weapon from dummy half.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Bzn07U6Jyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes we have a lot of Hookers but IMO this lad tops them all. We would be very lucky to land him.

But yeah doesn't solve our halves problem as such..hahaa...

Hoping to get the Taylor deal over the line very soon.

TitanSam
15-07-15, 10:42 PM
I rate Parcell above any of our current hookers and I'm a big fan of Moseley. Defensively very good, slick service and a weapon from dummy half.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5Bzn07U6Jyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes we have a lot of Hookers but IMO this lad tops them all. We would be very lucky to land him.

But yeah doesn't solve our halves problem as such..hahaa...

Hoping to get the Taylor deal over the line very soon.
I want Parcell. Jesus this kid is good, if like to see a Hooking rotation of 9. Moseley. 17. Parcell . Or other way round. Parcell is lethal

Titanic
15-07-15, 11:54 PM
Plays like a half … so perhaps there's a future 6 there.

CanterburyMember
16-07-15, 12:16 AM
The club should go after Heighington.

teke
16-07-15, 03:10 AM
The club should go after Heighington.:laugh: No

He was good in his day

Mexican titan
16-07-15, 06:27 AM
The club should go after Heighington.

You are joking.

- - - Updated - - -

On nrl360 dobbin said we are favourites for ash taylor and that henry has spoken to taylor and is pretty confident we will get him, also said we are chasing matt parcell and the titans think him and mosely wil be a good hooking partnership

Parcell would be great but i prefer one hooker in the 17. Personally i think Moseley is too small to be a bench player in today's game, although the reduced interchanges might change that in the future.

indoallstars
16-07-15, 08:45 AM
Going to throw my 2cents in everyone will probably disagree with me but I think Chad Redman would be ideal bench hooker, hes zippy, has lots of energy, likes to run from dummy half and has a kicking game. But Matt Parcell is a gun, and the fact we have something like $1.5m to spend, why not?

DavidBouveng
16-07-15, 09:32 AM
titanic is right, that kid runs like id like our half or even FB to run.

has great feet. i would have him and moseley in the squad until one OWNS it, and try get friendy on board for insurance next year and mentorship. even post football keep him on a retainer or consultancy role.

If we had those guys in the team, Taylor, parcell and LG... jesus.

Bayside Titan
16-07-15, 09:42 AM
As MT mentioned about the reduced interchange next year maybe having a zippy bloke of the bench with tired forwards might be a good thing.

JunctionBlock
16-07-15, 09:56 AM
Looks to be a fantastic attacking hooker but who would you interchange him with when you need a defensive 9? Moseley isn't that person.

Mexican titan
16-07-15, 11:01 AM
Looks to be a fantastic attacking hooker but who would you interchange him with when you need a defensive 9? Moseley isn't that person.

Not disagreeing with you JB as I am still interested to see the effect of reduced interchange but I think the whole aim of it is that the nippy blokes will get more freedom late in each half/halve. So I am not sure that you would interchange him for a defensive player, rather another attacking one.

Bayside Titan
16-07-15, 11:11 AM

If we get Friend start Friend and if we get Parcell bring him on at the 20 min mark. Parcell will be dangerous around tired forwards.

JunctionBlock
16-07-15, 12:44 PM
I just noticed that he's been named off the bench for the Broncos this weekend. Should be a chance to watch him in top level action. I'm guessing it's the Sunday CH 9 game. Will the Broncos lose another Granville? Hopefully they are running out of cap to re-sign him.

TitanSam
16-07-15, 12:54 PM
I just noticed that he's been named off the bench for the Broncos this weekend. Should be a chance to watch him in top level action. I'm guessing it's the Sunday CH 9 game. Will the Broncos lose another Granville? Hopefully they are running out of cap to re-sign him. I think we are a massive chance of getting him because not only is he off contract but his first grade pathway is blocked by Kodi Nikorima, so I think if we promise him at least a bench spot with some good $$$ we'll get him.

a_guest
16-07-15, 02:34 PM
About to re-sign after a sit down with Bennett apparently :(

Good chance at a premiership either this year or next for the kid.

TitanSam
16-07-15, 02:37 PM
About to re-sign after a sit down with Bennett apparently :(

Good chance at a premiership either this year or next for the kid. why the hell would he stay with the Broncs when he probably won't play there at all, when there are better options with a starting spot either here or I hate to say it, Manly. Bad career move on his part

Titanic
16-07-15, 03:54 PM
Bennett will keep anyone he wants and anyone he lets go will be flawed in some way.

gotitans101_
16-07-15, 03:56 PM
this thread is all talk and no play...don't get me wrong I love a bit of talk but if the club doesn't play soon then there doesn't seem to be much hope for the foreseeable future.

It seems to me that other clubs aren't having any trouble signing and resigning new talent yet all we can muster up is an average prop in Shillo?

I keep hearing those words 'be patient' well I don't think this club can afford to be patient for too much longer.

Hail Sezer
16-07-15, 04:19 PM
this thread is all talk and no play...don't get me wrong I love a bit of talk but if the club doesn't play soon then there doesn't seem to be much hope for the foreseeable future.

It seems to me that other clubs aren't having any trouble signing and resigning new talent yet all we can muster up is an average prop in Shillo?

I keep hearing those words 'be patient' well I don't think this club can afford to be patient for too much longer.

Ok, well what do you want and who do you expect the club to sign? Explain at what point you would be satisfied. Genuinely interested.

We made more mid season's than any other team and by the time we knew there was 1.2 mil available, there was no one left. Those we have let go (except Sezer) are generally accepted as being good departures.

I just don't understand the expectation that's all :)

Titanic
16-07-15, 04:34 PM
HS, that's an unreasonable expectation of an unreasonable expectation.

TitanSam
16-07-15, 04:35 PM
Ok, well what do you want and who do you expect the club to sign? Explain at what point you would be satisfied. Genuinely interested.

We made more mid season's than any other team and by the time we knew there was 1.2 mil available, there was no one left. Those we have let go (except Sezer) are generally accepted as being good departures.

I just don't understand the expectation that's all :) I agree, they is also not a lot on the player market at all, I've drawn up a list of players that may be of some interest IMO but there seriously isn't anything that the club should be targeting too heavily at this point other than Ash Taylor who is a must, Matt Parcell who we are a huge chance of getting and maybe a young front-rower/back-rower. But I really want us to save some cash for Ben Te'o or Sam Burgess if they do decide to come back, because either of them are more valuable than a Chris Heighington or a Sam Thaiday. We need a BACK-ROWER who is experience and can bend the line and always give 100%. So UNTILL we sign someone BIG, we may be waiting a little bit.

Yankee Doodle Titan
16-07-15, 04:42 PM
Anyone know if we're looking at replacing any of the strength and conditioning people or coaching staff? I feel like they keep getting overlooked and excused (and, yes, I'm definitely including Henry in that). Bennett and Bellamy have made careers out of taking half-baked knuckleheads and turning them into consistent performers, so it's not like we can lay all the blame at the players' feet.

Mexican titan
16-07-15, 04:52 PM

I just don't understand the expectation that's all :)

Geez HS, with great respect (and I really mean that mate) your post surprises me and seems a bit defensive. What do you mean no one left - for starters (and I really wanted one of these two) there was Hodkinson and Maloney. We either didn't want one of these guys or just missed out on them, but the messages from the club seemed to be that we didn't really chase them.
There are quality players being signed up all over the place yet none with us. Yep we have signed a few but there are many on here that have mentioned heaps of times that they want to see a bit of experience and quality signed up. We just continually seem to be missing the bus.
I can only repeat my opinion is that the team looks weaker for next year and on face value little is being done - hope I am wrong and a few signings are on the way. We cannot just wait and hope that a Burgess or the like will want to return because our record is such that we would miss them anyway.

Hail Sezer
16-07-15, 04:52 PM
HS, that's an unreasonable expectation of an unreasonable expectation.

Halves Half's half halve playmaker halves half.

Hail Sezer
16-07-15, 05:06 PM
Geez HS, with great respect (and I really mean that mate) your post surprises me and seems a bit defensive. What do you mean no one left - for starters (and I really wanted one of these two) there was Hodkinson and Maloney. We either didn't want one of these guys or just missed out on them, but the messages from the club seemed to be that we didn't really chase them.
There are quality players being signed up all over the place yet none with us. Yep we have signed a few but there are many on here that have mentioned heaps of times that they want to see a bit of experience and quality signed up. We just continually seem to be missing the bus.
I can only repeat my opinion is that the team looks weaker for next year and on face value little is being done - hope I am wrong and a few signings are on the way. We cannot just wait and hope that a Burgess or the like will want to return because our record is such that we would miss them anyway.

Haha I put a smiley face which was meant to make it non-defensive! You know me better than that MT.

I'm gonna be straight up and say that I disagree with what you've said and I think a fair bit of it lacks substance. But I'm not going to type an explanation up again - have been exchanging blows about this a fair bit and there is a clear divide which isn't going to be amended because some people have different expectations to others and that cannot be changed.

You and GT101 can sit on the other side of the fence on this one, i'm willing to accept that. Apologies if I sounded defensive, but in all fairness - your post sounded 10x more defensive :eyebrows::laugh:

Titanic
16-07-15, 05:14 PM
Halves Half's half halve playmaker halves half.
Ah ha, the result of too much Foruming and the affects are starting to show [head bobbling with a nervous tic].

No reasonable person should argue that the abbreviation of two halfbacks is not two half's.
Nor should anybody argue that the combination of a halfback and 5/8 somehow morphs into two halves ... two halves of what?

In fact a 1/2 of a 1/2 is a 1/4 and a 1/2 of a 5/8 is 5/16 therefore the so-called 'halves' (sic) should each be 9/32nds.

Of course they are not, but they are 1 x scrum half (the original name of a halfback) shortened to 'half' plus 1 x standoff halfback (the original name of a 5/8) also shortened to 'half' of which the plural is half's.

It may be easier to say halves rather half's but like a good golf grip you get used to it ... I rest my case :)

Hail Sezer
16-07-15, 05:28 PM
Ah ha, the result of too much Foruming and the affects are starting to show [head bobbling with a nervous tic].

No reasonable person should argue that the abbreviation of two halfbacks is not two half's.
Nor should anybody argue that the combination of a halfback and 5/8 somehow morphs into two halves ... two halves of what?

In fact a 1/2 of a 1/2 is a 1/4 and a 1/2 of a 5/8 is 5/16 therefore the so-called 'halves' (sic) should each be 9/32nds.

Of course they are not, but they are 1 x scrum half (the original name of a halfback) shortened to 'half' plus 1 x standoff halfback (the original name of a 5/8) also shortened to 'half' of which the plural is half's.

It may be easier to say halves rather half's but like a good golf grip you get used to it ... I rest my case :)

You forgot to apply the Pythagoras theorem

Titanic
16-07-15, 05:30 PM
You forgot to apply the Pythagoras theorem
And I add that two halves = 80 minutes ;)

teke
16-07-15, 06:05 PM

It may be easier to say halves rather half's but like a good golf grip you get used to it ... I rest my case :)you took the time to write all that when I'm always going to use the term halves, good boy

Bayside Titan
16-07-15, 06:25 PM

WOW. Think that I need a glass of wine to try and fully understand that. I love a challenge. ;-)

Titanic
16-07-15, 07:17 PM
you took the time to write all that when I'm always going to use the term halves, good boy
I wrote it because the recruitment debate is getting very tedious. It's a free world and considering what social media has done to the language then who cares at all.

WOW. Think that I need a glass of wine to try and fully understand that. I love a challenge. ;-)
As John Cleese said, "I don't know much about wines but I do know what I like" ... a great recipe for taking the seriousness out of life's pleasures.

Mexican titan
16-07-15, 07:24 PM
Haha I put a smiley face which was meant to make it non-defensive! You know me better than that MT.

You and GT101 can sit on the other side of the fence on this one, i'm willing to accept that. Apologies if I sounded defensive, but in all fairness - your post sounded 10x more defensive :eyebrows::laugh:

What do you mean my post was defensive! I attacked not defended!:fist:

Anyway mate happy to just have separate views on this one. Nothing wrong with that and we can fortunately do that without the vitriol that happens on LU when people disagree. :)

RenegadeGC
16-07-15, 08:23 PM
Reports coming out that Ben Teo will sign with Cowboys

JunctionBlock
16-07-15, 08:28 PM
I'm leaving Sadtown. Looks like gotitans101_ took over my lease. What really concerns me though is when are we going to sign another quality 9/32? I just wish Dobbo would stop linking us with anyone cause he's always wrong.

In all serious though, if we keep a massive war chest going into next year we will be in a prime position to pick up everyone that gets sacked after mad monday celebrations. With any luck Thurston will be named the Face of NRL and we all know that's a kiss of death and then BOOM he's all ours! (Disclaimer, this wasn't to be taken seriously regardless of my opening statement)

Titan4Life
16-07-15, 08:36 PM
Nine News apparently said tonight that Ash Taylor met with the Titans today and he should hopefully be putting pen to paper in the next few days. Let's hope it's true!

amaline
16-07-15, 08:42 PM
Nine News apparently said tonight that Taylor met with the Titans today and he should hopefully be putting pen to paper in the next few days. Let's hope it's true!

Yes.... Dave Taylor 5 year contract extension... :drinkies:

Titan4Life
16-07-15, 08:42 PM
Also said that the Broncos might not be able to keep Parcell due to salary cap restraints.

TitanSam
16-07-15, 08:44 PM
Also said that the Broncos might not be able to keep Parcell due to salary cap restraints. YES OMG THE TALENT OVERLOAAAAD

Mexican titan
16-07-15, 08:47 PM
Also said that the Broncos might not be able to keep Parcell due to salary cap restraints.

Broncos and salary cap restraints? :rolf:

Titan4Life
16-07-15, 08:48 PM
Broncos and salary cap restraints? :rolf:
Must've run out of brown paper bags....:rolleyes:

Hail Sezer
16-07-15, 08:56 PM
Nine News apparently said tonight that Ash Taylor met with the Titans today and he should hopefully be putting pen to paper in the next few days. Let's hope it's true!

Just realised that news came from Dobbo

Dobbo who has the worst strike rate in the NRL rumours circle

ever

Titan4Life
16-07-15, 08:58 PM
Just realised that news came from Dobbo

Dobbo who has the worst strike rate in the NRL rumours circle

ever

Bloody hell that kills my excitement slightly.

But do you have any word on if it is true or what is happening with Taylor, HS?

TitanSam
16-07-15, 09:07 PM
Josh Massoud 7th_tackle are reporting that Dragons are apparently interested in Kalifa Fai Fai Loa and have told Eto Nabuli he can look elsewhere for 2016, possible player swap?

IpswichTitans
16-07-15, 09:11 PM
Josh Massoud 7th_tackle are reporting that Dragons are apparently interested in Kalifa Fai Fai Loa and have told Eto Nabuli he can look elsewhere for 2016, possible player swap?

I like KFFL, but he has no place here. Let him go but a massive NO to Nbauli.

Titan4Life
16-07-15, 10:45 PM
Broncos to re-sign Molo
ROBERT CRADDOCKPAUL MALONE THE COURIER-MAIL
JULY 16, 2015 9:00PM

RUGBY league contract wars can be a ruthless jungle but compassion and common sense has paved the way for prop Francis Molo to stay at the Broncos.

Molo will pass up a six-figure offer from the Titans to stay with the Broncos but both clubs have shown admirable sensitivity in a difficult situation.

Molo is taking a break from the game after the death of Sunshine Coast forward James Ackerman, who collapsed after being tackled by Molo when he was playing for Broncos feeder club Norths.

Molo has returned to training and attended the club’s session at Red Hill yesterday. He could have signed a substantially superior two-year deal with the Titans but instead will agree to a one-year deal with the Broncos.

The Titans kept their offer to Molo on the table after the incident but, feeling that a familiar environment could be important to him in an acutely stressful time, suggested to Molo that for the moment at least, he may be best to stay where he is.

Molo has received great assistance from the Broncos, including coach Wayne Bennett, as he waits for a judiciary hearing into the incident.

Molo was the last player Bennett spoke to before leaving the field at training yesterday.

Brisbane have still to re-sign Sam Thaiday, Alex Glenn and Jordan Kahu, with skipper Justin Hodges yet to decide if he will retire or take up the last year of his contract.

Recruitment manager Peter Nolan heads the list management at the Broncos for coach Wayne Bennett, but CEO Paul White has ultimate responsibility for salary cap compliance.

Thaiday’s manager George Mimis is sensitive to the Broncos’ major off-field priority being White’s serious health issue.

“I’ll wait to hear more over the next period,’’ he said.

“Other clubs have never been part of the (decision). It’s been about getting something done at the Broncos.’’

Hodges has some thinking time about his plans for next year but Mimis will urge him to make a decision within the next month.

Asked why should Broncos fans not be worried about the length of time it had taken, predating White’s diagnosis by some months, Glenn said: “That’s a good question. I know on social media a lot of people have commented that they don’t want to see us go.

“I love the this club and appreciate I was given a chance here and I’m sure Jordie and Sam want to stay here too.

There’s been some positive things, but it’s in the hands of Pete Nolan and my manager.’’

Kahu said: “Hopefully I have a place to go next year. I am looking to play the best footy I can play and that stuff will sort itself out.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-to-re-sign-francis-molo-as-he-returns-to-training-following-death-of-james-ackerman/story-fnp0lyn6-1227444797589?from=public_rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Really proud of the club to put a man's well being ahead of everything else. Good luck to Francis.

My question now is, surely the Broncos will have to let Parcell now they are going to re-sign Glenn, Thaiday, Kahu, Molo, Nikorima and possibly Hodges?

TitanSam
16-07-15, 11:10 PM
Aw man gutted but the Broncos have been good to him in an extremely tough situation. Just goes to show we are very active on the player market just a little unlucky :/ . Well now there isn't a lot of front-rowers left on the market now to be perfectly honest, all I can see is maybe George Fai or Addin Fonua-Blake, if we want to go for a young damaging front-rower that's really all there is now.

Smakked
17-07-15, 08:08 AM
It seems we are a bit gunshy on Signing a Marquee player after what has happened. There are not many Good 6 or 7's left on the market now .

Davis13
17-07-15, 10:56 AM
Lurker on Twitter saying Wayne Bennett has told Ash Taylor he will only be released to manly not to the Titans...wtf

TitanSam
17-07-15, 11:05 AM
Lurker on Twitter saying Wayne Bennett has told Ash Taylor he will only be released to manly not to the Titans...wtf I heard that too, why would it be a problem playing here?. Why not spread the talent evenly?. Oh well I don't trust lurker Much anyway. RANDOM GUY :"Hey lurk anyone the Titans chasing?" LURK:"yup a couple of players, won't name names though.." Like wtf ahhaha

patskE
17-07-15, 12:14 PM
Lurker on Twitter saying Wayne Bennett has told Ash Taylor he will only be released to manly not to the Titans...wtf

Well manly have a experience half he will be paired with which will help him develop and have less pressure on him. It is pretty much what Bennett said in a article a month ago. He was only going to let him go to a team he thinks will help him. I dare say it, but thats not the titans... Young half partner and a forward pack doing nothing.
In saying that, the lurker could just be going off that article like i am without anything else backing it up.

Hail Sezer
17-07-15, 12:16 PM
Badel tweeting that Ash Taylor will sign with us.

Finally.

TitanSam
17-07-15, 12:21 PM
Badel tweeting that Ash Taylor will sign with us.

Finally. OMG YES, pretty much what he tweets about us is true? Correct?

Brock O'Brien
17-07-15, 12:24 PM
OMG YES, pretty much what he tweets about us is true? Correct?

Yeah he seems to be on the money most of the time. Pretty sure he was the one who called LG re-signing with us when the media was saying it was a done deal with Manly. Chris Garry also just tweeted that he has agreed to join us.

lonegull
17-07-15, 12:37 PM
yeah seems to be a fair bit of media around that Taylor is coming to titans, especially the journos mentioned above they are usually on the money

toddythetitan
17-07-15, 02:02 PM
The broncos forum seem to think it's a done deal.

DavidBouveng
17-07-15, 02:14 PM
with Badel and Garry...they are correct more often than others as they dont put anything out until it is a fact or about to be fact.

so many others dole out the ups and downs of negotiations and its costs them credibility.

Toads
17-07-15, 02:30 PM
Won't believe it until it's confirmed. After all, that Dobbo goose chimed in last night saying it was a done deal, 'n that wally hasn't got anything right yet (that I know of)..

gcboyz
17-07-15, 02:35 PM
That Wayne Bennett may be giving his young charge some advice is fine, however blocking his path to any other club is a restraint of trade. I really doubt anyone would like to defend that action in court.

Titanic
17-07-15, 04:09 PM
Who would be bothered taking it to court ... not us as we would only end-up looking more pathetic than we already do and the only other would be the bloke who it affected and if he had signed for somebody else then that's his choice.

Brock O'Brien
17-07-15, 04:25 PM
That Wayne Bennett may be giving his young charge some advice is fine, however blocking his path to any other club is a restraint of trade. I really doubt anyone would like to defend that action in court.

Considering he is still contracted to the Broncos I doubt there would be much of a case

K2G
17-07-15, 05:11 PM
Now we just need Parcell to sign! Nothing like two fresh young perky tits to lift the mood.

Bayside Titan
17-07-15, 06:14 PM
Now we just need Parcell to sign! Nothing like two fresh young perky tits to lift the mood.

Mood lifted ;-).

JunctionBlock
18-07-15, 07:43 AM
Doesn't appear that Teo will be coming here even if we have the money spare next year when his rugby contract is up.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/7/ben-teo-agrees-terms-with-cowboys-but-move-halted/

K2G
18-07-15, 08:05 AM
posted by lurker on sportal.com.au this morning (http://www.sportal.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/the-lurker-waynes-way-or-the-highway-nrl-national-rugby-league-bennett-brisbane-broncos-cronulla-sharks-blake-austin-new-zealand-warriors-nathan-friend/6fr3adx9laf115g3ukdfwc0vn)

Bennett leaning towards Manly over Titans

I’m hearing Wayne Bennett will have the final say on where boom Broncos halfback Ash Taylor ends up - and that he is steering him towards Manly.

The Sea Eagles and Titans are both desperate to sign Taylor, rated one of the best up-and-coming playmakers in the game.

The Broncos had him under contract for 2016 - but Bennett has granted him a release.

The experienced coach is steering the youngster towards Manly due to the ongoing tensions between the Broncos and Titans.

The two clubs are neighbours and rivals - and also sit on opposite sides of the power struggle between the clubs and the NRL.

The Broncos are one of several clubs opposed to the NRL’s management of the game, while the Titans have been taken over by the game’s governing body and are therefore very much supporting the NRL.

With all this in play, I’m being told Bennett has informed the young half he can chase his dream of an NRL spot in 2016 - but it will have to be at Manly and not the Titans.

Friend plans more acrobatics in order to leave Warriors

The Warriors have made a token offer to retain Nathan Friend - the man who threw THAT pass seen around the sporting world last weekend.

But Friend won’t be taking it and is exploring options elsewhere - including at one of his former clubs, the Titans.

Gold Coast are in the midst of a cleanup and need an experienced hooker - and Friend may fit the bill.

Hail Sezer
18-07-15, 08:28 AM
lol @ lurker

DavidBouveng
18-07-15, 08:41 AM
he is a mess.

bennett is involved in deciding and we are considered a shambles, so lurker draws the line through us. clown.

Its like throwing darts on a board blind folded...eventually u will hit the target

TITAN PETE
18-07-15, 08:46 AM
lol @ lurker

He's half right :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
18-07-15, 08:50 AM
He's half right :thumbsup:

Yeah he's good at reading rugby league media over the past week and then regurgitating it in his segment, i'll give him that :laugh:

TitanSam
18-07-15, 10:47 AM
Idk I still believe Badel over the lurker anyday.

- - - Updated - - -

He's half right :thumbsup: what do you mean by that Pete?

Hail Sezer
18-07-15, 11:07 AM
Idk I still believe Badel over the lurker anyday.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you mean by that Pete?

The Friend thing.

Rule of thumb - don't take anything the lurker says for gospel. He's a shocker and makes it up or just uses the first piece of information he can find by googling.

I feel sorry for the people who ask him questions, really.

TitanSam
18-07-15, 11:11 AM
The Friend thing.

Rule of thumb - don't take anything the lurker says for gospel. He's a shocker and makes it up or just uses the first piece of information he can find by googling.

I feel sorry for the people who ask him questions, really.
But I want Parcell :(

Yea he's bloody useless, sometimes I might ask him a question just to see, and he'd be like this ME: "hey lurk anyone the Titans chasing?" LURK: "Yep, a couple but won't name names" . Or some crap like that, or he just repeats things that have already been said.

toddythetitan
18-07-15, 12:13 PM
Maybe the lurker is robert durham?

JunctionBlock
18-07-15, 08:55 PM
This thread will be quiet for a few months after that effort.

Mexican titan
18-07-15, 09:38 PM
This thread will be quiet for a few months after that effort.

Not really. We'll sign some kid who has starred for Broken Hill vs Narrabri who has just started shaving and a few on here will think that's great.

TitanSam
19-07-15, 12:17 AM
Other than the Badel and Garry tweet, does anyone else know anything more about Ash Taylor coming here? Or if he signed but the official announcement can only come after the 10 day cooling of period? It's just during the post match press conference King made it out that when the reporter asked about T. Roberts, that no half was signed yet. Anyone know anything?

Hail Sezer
19-07-15, 12:31 AM
Other than the Badel and Garry tweet, does anyone else know anything more about Ash Taylor coming here? Or if he signed but the official announcement can only come after the 10 day cooling of period? It's just during the post match press conference King made it out that when the reporter asked about T. Roberts, that no half was signed yet. Anyone know anything?

Taylor has agreed to terms

gotitans101_
19-07-15, 01:02 AM
poor fella if he's indeed signed with us..we have nobody here to mentor him. I feel the same way about Elgey too.

Titanic
19-07-15, 01:11 AM
poor fella if he's indeed signed with us..we have nobody here to mentor him. I feel the same way about Elgey too.
Yes-ish, at their level getting an NRL start is half the battle.

On another subject, how good has Shillo been for the Raiders compared to Poopy Draws?

Show and Go
19-07-15, 08:22 AM

Mortimer will mentor them... To be fair there is nobody around to sign that could mentor them.

TitanSam
19-07-15, 12:15 PM
I think King should seriously consider a halves coach for next season e.g Mat Rogers, Lockyer, maybe even Princey?, that for me would be the best option.

SCoast Titan
19-07-15, 02:52 PM
Willis Meehan has been released from his roosters contract. What's everyone's thoughts on him???

Hail Sezer
19-07-15, 03:48 PM
Willis Meehan has been released from his roosters contract. What's everyone's thoughts on him???

Great prospect but needs to get his life sorted off the field before he can pursue Rugby League as a profession.

Titanic
19-07-15, 03:50 PM
like him

TitanSam
19-07-15, 05:50 PM
I know how we can ease the Tigers salary cap pressures!!- we could take Marty Taupau off their hands for say 500K!!

Supergoose
19-07-15, 11:11 PM
I wonder where Michael Parker-Walshe's head is these days. He is certainly slaying them for the Blackhawks in the intrust super cup. We could do worse but not sure we're a good fit for him.

Hail Sezer
20-07-15, 09:17 PM
Rabbitohs favourites to poach under-20’s star Brian Kelly from Titans

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/07/20/1227449/760657-432a22a6-2ec3-11e5-a24e-db314d4219bf.jpg

CHRIS GARRY AND TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL JULY 21, 2015 12:00AM

THE Titans have secured one of the game’s best young halves in Ash Taylor but are about to lose one of the best young outside backs.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are close to poaching Gold Coast under-20’s star Brian Kelly who has been earmarked as a future New South Wales Blues player.

Kelly hasn’t signed yet but the Rabbitohs are favoured to snatch him from the clutches of the Titans who viewed him as starter in their 2016 team.

The Titans can’t compete with South Sydney’s offer as their salary cap and stack of backs on large money continues to harm their rebuilding efforts

The Titans already have outside backs on large contracts that are burdening their salary cap and it makes it difficult to upgrade a talent like Kelly who at this stage is only potential.

Taylor has been granted a release from Brisbane because the club believes he is ready to start for an NRL team and it would harm the 20-year-old’s career if they stockpiled him.

He has not put pen to paper with the Titans yet but his other suitor Manly have pulled out of the race.

He will combine with Kane Elgey in the halves next year, a partnership with a combined 42-years of life experience.

Kelly helped New South Wales inflict defeat on Queensland’s under-20’s team in the curtain raiser to the Origin decider earlier this month.

The Blues won 32-16 at Suncorp Stadium as Kelly starred in front of a plethora of NRL scouts who began immediately checking their salary cap position.

The Ballina-raised back and is a cousin of former Titan Albert and current Titan James Roberts.

Kelly is one of several Titans juniors with legitimate star potential.

The club has the best crop of youngsters at its disposal since their introduction to the competition when they had the likes of Chris Sandow, Kevin Gordon and David Mead running around.

They still have two Australian schoolboys in their ranks with David Fauid and Tyronne Roberts-Davis.

The Titans are also close to signing Super League standout Zeb Taia.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-favourites-to-poach-under-20s-star-brian-kelly-from-titans/story-fniabrr8-1227449760737

- - - Updated - - -

meanwhile K-flash is chilling in Qcup on 350k..

Carty era continues to bite.

Rabbitohs is an interesting one though..they've already got Johnston and Olive there as young-gun outside backs. Add to that the centre spots being filled by Walker, Auva'a, Goodwin. They've got Aaron Gray as well although ive heard he's heading to the Storm.

They may have more $$ to throw around but we've got a better NRL opportunity.

TitanSam
20-07-15, 09:19 PM
He's good but would he really be in our starting side?- I'm not sure if he would make the side as we have other players ahead of him. Gordon does need to go for sure, he's blocking the pathway for a Brian Kelly or a Leva Li to make their debut.
So Ash Taylor is 99% coming here from all this?- which is great news.
I don't really know about Zeb Taia though.. Could anyone fill me in on him?

Titan4Life
20-07-15, 09:28 PM
Disappointed to hear about Kelly but unfortunately you can't keep everyone :( But yes wish we could get rid of Gordon to free up some cap space.

Positives though with Taylor 100% coming to the Titans now apparently. Add Parcell and we look like an exciting, young side if things work well.

Not entirely sure about Taia but he was decent from what I remember and will add some more experience to the pack. Will likely be his last contract though as he is 30/31.

Hail Sezer
20-07-15, 09:30 PM
He's good but would he really be in our starting side?- I'm not sure if he would make the side as we have other players ahead of him. Gordon does need to go for sure, he's blocking the pathway for a Brian Kelly or a Leva Li to make their debut.
So Ash Taylor is 99% coming here from all this?- which is great news.
I don't really know about Zeb Taia though.. Could anyone fill me in on him?

Doesn't matter if he would make our starting side next year or not he's still got another year of 20's eligibility and is an NRL player in 2-3 years time for sure. Leva Li is a fair way off IMHO....Kelly a much better player. GL too.

I'm not sure about Zeb but teke watches a fair bit of SL so will know.

Something for you and T4L to get excited about Sam..Ash Taylor had 6 try assists, 4 tackle busts, 2 offloads, 2 linebreaks and 3 linebreak assists for Broncos 20's v Tigers yesterday. Outplayed Te Maire by a fair margin...on both the stats sheet and the ground.

TitanSam
20-07-15, 09:35 PM
Something for you and T4L to get excited about Sam..Ash Taylor had 6 try assists, 4 tackle busts, 2 offloads, 2 linebreaks and 3 linebreak assists for Broncos 20's v Tigers yesterday. Outplayed Te Maire by a fair margin...on both the stats sheet and the ground. OMG THOSE STATS. 6 try assists wtf, that's huge!!

RenegadeGC
20-07-15, 10:00 PM
Hmm interesting, Kelly can play. But has his ups and downs. As Ive said before the Carty era of over paid QCup quality players is hampering a lot of whats happening in terms of signings.

Id rate GL ahead of Kelly for potential. So if we lose Kelly we need to lock up GL fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm interesting, Kelly can play. But has his ups and downs. As Ive said before the Carty era of over paid QCup quality players is hampering a lot of whats happening in terms of signings.

Id rate GL ahead of Kelly for potential. So if we lose Kelly we need to lock up GL fast.

One thing that worries me is we say we have potential coming through in terms of players in 20s, yet we sit on the bottom of the table. Which isnt to good for so called 'potential players'

Bayside Titan
20-07-15, 10:49 PM
Rabbitohs favourites to poach under-20’s star Brian Kelly from Titans

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/07/20/1227449/760657-432a22a6-2ec3-11e5-a24e-db314d4219bf.jpg

CHRIS GARRY AND TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL JULY 21, 2015 12:00AM

THE Titans have secured one of the game’s best young halves in Ash Taylor but are about to lose one of the best young outside backs.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are close to poaching Gold Coast under-20’s star Brian Kelly who has been earmarked as a future New South Wales Blues player.

Kelly hasn’t signed yet but the Rabbitohs are favoured to snatch him from the clutches of the Titans who viewed him as starter in their 2016 team.

The Titans can’t compete with South Sydney’s offer as their salary cap and stack of backs on large money continues to harm their rebuilding efforts

The Titans already have outside backs on large contracts that are burdening their salary cap and it makes it difficult to upgrade a talent like Kelly who at this stage is only potential.

Taylor has been granted a release from Brisbane because the club believes he is ready to start for an NRL team and it would harm the 20-year-old’s career if they stockpiled him.

He has not put pen to paper with the Titans yet but his other suitor Manly have pulled out of the race.

He will combine with Kane Elgey in the halves next year, a partnership with a combined 42-years of life experience.

Kelly helped New South Wales inflict defeat on Queensland’s under-20’s team in the curtain raiser to the Origin decider earlier this month.

The Blues won 32-16 at Suncorp Stadium as Kelly starred in front of a plethora of NRL scouts who began immediately checking their salary cap position.

The Ballina-raised back and is a cousin of former Titan Albert and current Titan James Roberts.

Kelly is one of several Titans juniors with legitimate star potential.

The club has the best crop of youngsters at its disposal since their introduction to the competition when they had the likes of Chris Sandow, Kevin Gordon and David Mead running around.

They still have two Australian schoolboys in their ranks with David Fauid and Tyronne Roberts-Davis.

The Titans are also close to signing Super League standout Zeb Taia.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/rabbitohs-favourites-to-poach-under-20s-star-brian-kelly-from-titans/story-fniabrr8-1227449760737

- - - Updated - - -

meanwhile K-flash is chilling in Qcup on 350k..

Carty era continues to bite.

Rabbitohs is an interesting one though..they've already got Johnston and Olive there as young-gun outside backs. Add to that the centre spots being filled by Walker, Auva'a, Goodwin. They've got Aaron Gray as well although ive heard he's heading to the Storm.

They may have more $$ to throw around but we've got a better NRL opportunity.

Also throw Zilly in that picture as well. Last I could remember we signed him for about $350k-$400k per year ( I could be off a bit I tried to find the article but couldn't. ) so him and Gordon are chewing a fair bit of cap space.

teke
21-07-15, 12:36 AM
Brian Kelly earmarked as a future state of origin player? Jesus christ

shamus
21-07-15, 07:06 AM

Hmm. If I understand this correctly, although we have an abundance of salary cap to spend, we don't have an abundance of salary cap to spend?

The way I read the above quote is we use a percentage of salary cap for backs, and a percentage for forwards etc...is that right? Coz I never knew that.

amaline
21-07-15, 07:24 AM

Hmm. If I understand this correctly, although we have an abundance of salary cap to spend, we don't have an abundance of salary cap to spend?

The way I read the above quote is we use a percentage of salary cap for backs, and a percentage for forwards etc...is that right? Coz I never new that.

I don't think so. I think they are trying to say that it is hard to justify using the limited cap space on another outside back when we have so many taking up a large proportion of it.

Bayside Titan
21-07-15, 07:28 AM

The way I read the above quote is we use a percentage of salary cap for backs, and a percentage for forwards etc...is that right? Coz I never new that.

Might also be the type of contract offered ie a NRL squad contract or an 2nd tier contract.

RenegadeGC
21-07-15, 07:37 AM
I guess its also a willingness to not over pay players from now on, especially one that is untested at NRL level and even QCup level. If Souths want to pay overs for the kid. Then good luck to them. And i wish him all the best. Also another little rumor that another of our U20s players is on the move.