PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Squad Signings and Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

TitansFan92
08-06-15, 11:15 AM
I really think the inside word routine needs some time on the bench.

As you wish sir. As of 1pm today I am holidays for 4 weeks anyway so I won't even be in the country so there will be no info coming from me. Talk to you all in 4 weeks.

Mexican titan
08-06-15, 11:27 AM
As you wish sir. As of 1pm today I am holidays for 4 weeks anyway so I won't even be in the country so there will be no info coming from me. Talk to you all in 4 weeks.

No phones where you are going TF92? I thought you would be keeping across what was going on back here especially with signings that will have to be done in the next 4 weeks.

IpswichTitans
08-06-15, 11:32 AM
I really hope that we aren't considering releasing Bird early. I'm not his biggest fan but he adds un-measurable aggression and go forward to our side. He would be a massive loss IMO, but if he himself doesn't want to be here then feel free to move him on.

TitansFan92
08-06-15, 11:37 AM
No phones where you are going TF92? I thought you would be keeping across what was going on back here especially with signings that will have to be done in the next 4 weeks.

Of course I will be keeping across everything while I am away but I will respect the wishes of DieHard and the 7 people who agreed with his post and not be posting anything on here.

TITAN PETE
08-06-15, 11:38 AM
Beats the hell out of what the media print. Keep it coming is my vote.

The media are at least who they say they are :eyebrows:

Hail Sezer
08-06-15, 11:46 AM
The media are at least who they say they are :eyebrows:

;)

TitanSam
08-06-15, 01:53 PM
So the Bulldogs are prioritising Mbye over Hodkinson, :/

Show and Go
08-06-15, 03:48 PM

As they should Mbye will turn out to be a much better player.

Titanic
08-06-15, 03:51 PM
As they should Mbye will turn out to be a much better player.
Particularly if he becomes a Titan.

TITAN PETE
08-06-15, 04:30 PM

If you are watching today's match Mbye is showing some serious class while Renolds sits on the bench

Titan4Life
08-06-15, 04:43 PM
Let's face it guys, we are not getting Mbye. Dogs would be silly to let him go and they look to be prioritising him over Hodkinson. So we'll likely have to look at buying Maloney (my choice) or Hodko. Just please not Sandow.

TitanSam
08-06-15, 04:49 PM
Yea I'm fine with either Maloney or Hokko no worries

IpswichTitans
08-06-15, 04:53 PM
Maloney is my pick of the Bunch there.

Mexican titan
08-06-15, 04:59 PM
Let's face it guys, we are not getting Mbye. Dogs would be silly to let him go and they look to be prioritising him over Hodkinson. So we'll likely have to look at buying Maloney (my choice) or Hodko. Just please not Sandow.

It appears that the dogs are doing everything to keep Mbye in first grade so its pretty obvious he isn't for sale. We should concentrate on Maloney who would be a great pickup in my book. I read earlier today that hodgo was after $750k - we would get Maloney for less than that and he is a better fit for our team.

Titan4Life
08-06-15, 05:05 PM
Totally agree that we should be trying hard to sign Maloney for a number of reasons:

-Good kicking game, both in-game and placed. Can find the grass with his kicks and, like Sezer, his accuracy when kicking for goal is handy in tight games.

-Experience next to Elgey might be better than 2 younger halves (look at Tigers). Maloney would have a calming influence on LG and hopefully Kane will continue to grow and develop next to Jimmy.

-His personality and off field character. Maloney is known to be a funny guy off the field and is also a bloke that won't put a team in the headlines for the wrong reason.

JunctionBlock
08-06-15, 05:54 PM
After Hodgo has been warming the bench whilst Mbye directed traffic his asking price may reduce greatly. Concerning is offering any of the players that we are talking about a two year contract will put both our halves off contract in the same year. Offering either Maloney or Hodgo three years concerns me. This weeks team list may tell us more if Sezer is fit and Elgey definitely out and Falloon and Srama injured wouldn't it be interesting to see Mortimer stay at 9 and Fogarty or Hazard come in for half a game or more. I'm not rating our chances against the Dogs after watching them against the Dragons so bring on some youth.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree that we should be trying hard to sign Maloney for a number of reasons:

-Good kicking game, both in-game and placed. Can find the grass with his kicks and, like Sezer, his accuracy when kicking for goal is handy in tight games.

-Experience next to Elgey might be better than 2 younger halves (look at Tigers). Maloney would have a calming influence on LG and hopefully Kane will continue to grow and develop next to Jimmy.

-His personality and off field character. Maloney is known to be a funny guy off the field and is also a bloke that won't put a team in the headlines for the wrong reason.

Lets not forget that Queensland has perfect BBQing weather year round.

DavidBouveng
08-06-15, 06:21 PM
if Hodko price keeps dropping, manly might try get him back.

K2G
08-06-15, 06:41 PM
Mbye's performance tonight won't only have made the bulldogs more certain of their need to keep hold of him, but also may have convinced titans brass that he is worth banking on. I don't think there is any doubt that Titans can pay more for him than the bulldogs can, and if the last week has taught us anything it's that money talks. I don't think we're much chance - but i hope we put a very attractive offer to him.

JunctionBlock
08-06-15, 06:44 PM
Mbye's performance tonight won't only have made the bulldogs more certain of their need to keep hold of him, but also may have convinced titans brass that he is worth banking on. I don't think there is any doubt that Titans can pay more for him than the bulldogs can, and if the last week has taught us anything it's that money talks. I don't think we're much chance - but i hope we put a very attractive offer to him.

But he needs to break his contract to come here next year. If the club wants to take the high road it may not be an option.

K2G
08-06-15, 06:51 PM
But he needs to break his contract to come here next year. If the club wants to take the high road it may not be an option.

Partner is pregnant, both families from QLD - players have broken contracts for less.

All I'm saying is - possible, even though not likely.

I dare say the club will be looking for a coup after missing out on the gymnast. This would be a huge one.

TitanSam
08-06-15, 06:59 PM
Partner is pregnant, both families from QLD - players have broken contracts for less.

All I'm saying is - possible, even though not likely.

I dare say the club will be looking for a coup after missing out on the gymnast. This would be a huge one.
-Yea if Moses says to the Dogs we need to be near our parents back home to help raise our child, and he's on 200K a season at the dogs, if we offer say 350-400K, well, who knows.

Mexican titan
08-06-15, 07:02 PM
-Yea if Moses says to the Dogs we need to be near our parents back home to help raise our child, and he's on 200K a season at the dogs, if we offer say 350-400K, well, who knows.

Yep, just saying "I'm doing what's best for my family" seems to cut it these days.
Of course the money has nothing to do with it but it's just a coincidence that the money is always higher when you are just doing it for your family.

TitanSam
08-06-15, 07:08 PM
Yep, just saying "I'm doing what's best for my family" seems to cut it these days.
Of course the money has nothing to do with it but it's just a coincidence that the money is always higher when you are just doing it for your family. my point exactly, but I doubt this'll happen but stranger things have happened lately with money.... I'd say we're about a 15-20% chance of getting him, at the most.

DavidBouveng
08-06-15, 09:33 PM
even though he is young and only played 12 or so games, i don't think 400k would get it done.

Titan4Life
09-06-15, 04:20 PM
From FB page 'Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs News':

***RUMOUR***
Trent Hodkinson has signed with the Gold Coast Titans and the official announcement will be after Game 2 Origin.

Your thoughts?

Not sure how I feel about this if its true. Maloney would be a much better option but Hodko is definitely a better buy than Sandow.

psmitty
09-06-15, 04:51 PM
Yuk. Better options out there.

TitanSam
09-06-15, 04:52 PM
From FB page 'Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs News':

Not sure how I feel about this if its true. Maloney would be a much better option but Hodko is definitely a better buy than Sandow. mmm I was hoping for Maloney out of the two, but when Hokko performs he's good, he's a sharpshooter with field goals, and one of if not, the best defensive halfbacks. If true, I hope we got him cheapish, and I'm glad it's not Lui or Sandow. Just trying to look on the good side

Titan4Life
09-06-15, 05:05 PM
Can someone tell me what has happened with Hodko's goal kicking though? How he goes from kicking at 75-85% in 2013 and 2014 to just 65% this year is mind boggling. Watching his first strike yesterday, he looks frustrated.

Smakked
09-06-15, 05:11 PM
No idea maybe he has been told to look elsewhere and it is getting to him ?

TitanSam
09-06-15, 05:44 PM
Imo hodkinson is like a young better version of sezer so if true I think a good signing and let's hope king gets the best out of him. lol

psmitty
09-06-15, 05:54 PM
This is a backward step in my opinion. I don't think he is a younger version of sezer. He is lucky to make the Dogs squad at the moment. Last year he had a good year but before that he once again struggled to make the squad the year before. He is 26 and I can't see him getting better. The Dogs would be happy to offload him. His game and goal kicking has gone down hill this year. This is a long way down from DCE.

teke
09-06-15, 06:11 PM
Titans are lucky to have signed such a solid halve.

amaline
09-06-15, 07:00 PM
Titans are lucky to have signed such a solid halve.

I don't know about lucky. I think the way he's played this year has limited his options.

9 months ago it would have been a great signing. I think if it is true, he has plenty of upside. Change of scenery could bring out the best in him.

DavidBouveng
09-06-15, 07:19 PM
Hodko has shown more class than poor form in his few years in top grade. lets hope we can nab him while he is taking mitchell Pearce's rightful place as origin whipping boy for NSW media and fans and undervalued.

NQ could barely have given James Tamou away to another club in the first three weeks of season he was so bad...now hes been almost top prop ever since. these things can turn quickly for Hodkinson too.

I think we sign him, have a good organiser and a creative half like LG...and in 2 years the dogs are filthy they let hodko go instead of J reynolds.

also Hodko >>>> Sezer. its not even close. Sezer has had maybe 10 really good games in his career, and 2 or 3 great ones. Hodko has been better for longer. only his goal kicking drop concerns me.

JunctionBlock
09-06-15, 07:28 PM
I can't believe we are complaining about possibly signing the current NSW half. At least it's not Reynolds or Sandow.

Mexican titan
09-06-15, 07:34 PM
Hodko has shown more class than poor form in his few years in top grade. lets hope we can nab him while he is taking mitchell Pearce's rightful place as origin whipping boy for NSW media and fans and undervalued.

NQ could barely have given James Tamou away to another club in the first three weeks of season he was so bad...now hes been almost top prop ever since. these things can turn quickly for Hodkinson too.

I think we sign him, have a good organiser and a creative half like LG...and in 2 years the dogs are filthy they let hodko go instead of J reynolds.

also Hodko >>>> Sezer. its not even close. Sezer has had maybe 10 really good games in his career, and 2 or 3 great ones. Hodko has been better for longer. only his goal kicking drop concerns me.

If true I am just happy we will get an experienced half, although would prefer Maloney.
We missed DCE but get someone who was made at Manly anyway.:rolleyes:
For those complaining, I agree to a point but he is playing Origin next week so he must have something. Will fit in nicely I reckon.

gcboyz
09-06-15, 08:08 PM
Interesting , I would have preferred to make Mybe a huge offer (if allowed as he has another year on his contract) knowing the Dogs would better it and take a chunk out of their salary cap. Then Hodko being unwanted would perhaps be at a more reasonable rate. The salary cap game is not for the faint hearted. Who knows, maybe that was how it happened.

Bayside Titan
09-06-15, 08:19 PM
@gc_anthony: @josh_massoud @7Sport Josh, who do you see partnering Elgey in the Titans halves next year? Trent Hodkinson? James Maloney?

@josh_massoud: Maloney $1.22 Hodkinson $4 https://t.co/a14oY3ncAL

Good odds.

TitanSam
09-06-15, 08:24 PM
@gc_anthony: @josh_massoud @7Sport Josh, who do you see partnering Elgey in the Titans halves next year? Trent Hodkinson? James Maloney?

Good odds. good good.

Titanic Believer
09-06-15, 08:30 PM
I can't believe we are complaining about possibly signing the current NSW half. At least it's not Reynolds or Sandow.

Yes but if he were a Queenslander he would rank about 5th in the pecking order of halves.

Titan4Life
09-06-15, 09:07 PM

Good odds.

Only problem is that Josh also said two days before the DCE backflip that Daly was $1.40 to join the Titans. Hopefully he is right on this one but as I've said, I wouldn't be disappointed with signing Hodko.

Smakked
09-06-15, 09:18 PM
I think Hodgo would be a good signing he has a calm head under pressure and i think will get better with age, as most halves do.

5 Year Contract
09-06-15, 10:13 PM
For what it's worth i've met Hodko multiple times (through mutual friends) and can honestly say he is one of the genuinely nicest NRL players I have met. No arrogance about him, very down to earth, softly spoken and nothing like ******** Cherry Evans. Would be a great ambassador for our club but as others have stated his form has not been great this year. Im hoping we pick up Maloney but if we do pick up Hodko its not the worst thing and as others have said Hodko>Sezer

JunctionBlock
10-06-15, 06:03 AM
Yes but if he were a Queenslander he would rank about 5th in the pecking order of halves.

How many of them are off contract again?

JunctionBlock
10-06-15, 06:49 AM
Chase Mbye and we run the risk of another DCE saga of being out bid and having egg on our face again.

TitanSam
10-06-15, 01:47 PM
So, it's pretty much down to Hodkinson or Maloney, who's eveveryones personal preference?

Mexican titan
10-06-15, 01:53 PM
So, it's pretty much down to Hodkinson or Maloney, who's eveveryones personal preference?

Probably should just be guided by the poll on the other thread where people have given their reasons.

Well it is only 2 hours until the Round 13 backflip deadline is up. Looks like other than DCE all of the other signings are men of their word and will go to the clubs as they have committed.

CanterburyMember
10-06-15, 09:07 PM
Bulldogs won't let another JT slip through their fingers. They'll let Hodkinson go (whose contract is up) bring Mbye into the halves next year and give him a generous contract upgrade when his contract is up end of 2016.

I don't think we are a chance of getting Mbye.

JT resigned with the Bulldogs but had it torn up due to off field indiscretions after a number of sagas the club went through. The club couldn't believe a player would put them in that position at that time. Was kept out of the media but media personalities know about it. He's came a long way since then.

- - - Updated - - -

Heard today from an unconfirmed source that Mbye has asked for a release at the Bulldogs.

I think Hodgo would be a good signing he has a calm head under pressure and i think will get better with age, as most halves do.

Hodko not Hodgo

IpswichTitans
10-06-15, 09:27 PM
Heard today from an unconfirmed source that Mbye has asked for a release at the Bulldogs.

Getting our Hopes up aye???

K2G
10-06-15, 09:27 PM

Interesting that you haven't dropped that piece of info over at your own team's forum... nice trolling though.

And isn't it actually M'bye not Mbye? But whatever.

JunctionBlock
11-06-15, 10:34 AM
Reading about Carter to Rabbits in the other thread and it appears Kurt Mann is off to St George as well.

titanfan2015
11-06-15, 01:32 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/06/11/titans_juniors_rep_h.html

This article made me laugh out loud..... love the paragraph "The challenge now is to transform their ability and potential as young teenagers into Titans NRL players to ensure our club is built on local talent."

How about signing our top NYC players you have now & start building on local talent now, players like Hudson, Colman, Kelly etc should already have been signed up for NRL before we lose their talent.

Not sure if this should be here or in Titans NYC 2015 feed so have put in both :)

CanterburyMember
11-06-15, 02:18 PM
Interesting that you haven't dropped that piece of info over at your own team's forum... nice trolling though.

And isn't it actually M'bye not Mbye? But whatever.

I'm not on any Bulldogs forum site thanks. And no, its Mbye. Lol

toddythetitan
11-06-15, 06:48 PM
I think a jordan kahu and alex glenn package deal would make alot of people happy, moses mbye $700000 is good but how will elgey feel given that he is just as good and re-signed for approx 200,000 bit of a kick in the nuts

TitanSam
11-06-15, 06:56 PM
I think a jordan kahu and alex glenn package deal would make alot of people happy, moses mbye $700000 is good but how will elgey feel given that he is just as good and re-signed for approx 200,000 bit of a kick in the nuts 200K? Sources? I thought it was higher

- - - Updated - - -

Ok NRL 360 just said Maloney is close to signing with Sharks. And said Hodkinson is in talks with the ESL and the Titans.

DavidBouveng
11-06-15, 09:27 PM
JT resigned with the Bulldogs but had it torn up due to off field indiscretions after a number of sagas the club went through. The club couldn't believe a player would put them in that position at that time. Was kept out of the media but media personalities know about it. He's came a long way since then.

- - - Updated - - -

Hodko not Hodgo

i remember a really good interview with Steve Folkes who said that the cows just offered way too much for a young player like JT and they couldnt match it.

he was quoted as calling Graham Murray from the cows and checking if the price JTs manager told bulldogs was fair dinkum and when Graham Murray confirmed it was, Folkes replied 'well done, you've got yourself a fine young player'.

maybe his behaviour played a part also, but in the end they had to decide if they wanted to pay so much for 1 year player and decided against it. maybe the behaviour was the deal breaker, not wanting to spend excess for a risk

Hail Sezer
12-06-15, 06:15 AM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/james-maloney-may-not-be-the-only-rooster-on-the-way-out/story-fnca0von-1227393859658

James Maloney may not be the only premiership winner on the way out of the Sydney Roosters after it emerged that Penrith and Gold Coast have expressed an interest in signing prop Sam Moa.

Moa has another year left on his deal with the Roosters, but it is understood the club would not stand in his way if he could secure a long-term contract with the Panthers or Titans.

Hail Sezer
12-06-15, 07:21 AM
Moa would be great IMO. Hopefully we can land him.

Hail Sezer
12-06-15, 07:34 AM
Another rumour..

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/28403593/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/?cmp=twitter

....with promising Kumul flanker Nene Macdonald set to part ways with the club at the end of this year. We're tipping that he'll join the Gold Coast Titans.

GCTTSD
12-06-15, 08:07 AM
Reports that hodkinson is set to leave the bulldogs on tv this morning

mdrew
12-06-15, 08:13 AM
Happy to have him back, he is a huge talent, we should not have let him go in the first place

Another rumour..

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/a/28403593/the-7th-tackle-with-josh-massoud-and-jim-wilson/?cmp=twitter

DavidBouveng
12-06-15, 10:44 AM
Happy to have him back, he is a huge talent, we should not have let him go in the first place

Nene Macdonald?

ive said it would be good to get a couple of big islander wingers in the side.

He looked awesome in the 9s and i seriously doubt Tupou is a better player besides his jumping.

hard to see who he would replace. Mead is automatic, and Don is our best performed winger this year.

would be good to have genuine contender putting pressure on them.

mdrew
12-06-15, 10:56 AM
Nene McDonald was with us playing MM left mid season a few years ago and the rest is history, happy to have him back if rumour is correct

Hail Sezer
12-06-15, 11:02 AM
If we could grab Moa, Macdonald, Mata'utia, Maloney/Hodko/Nona and someone like Lewis Brown or Mcqueen, we'd be looking aiite for 2016. Wishful thinking perhaps but it's achievable from a salary cap perspective

toddythetitan
12-06-15, 11:04 AM
Could nene replace zipzap in the centres?

mdrew
12-06-15, 11:09 AM
Played all of his junior football there so yes a possibility

Could nene replace zipzap in the centres?

IpswichTitans
12-06-15, 02:03 PM
James Roberts has Re-signed for a further 2 years.

TitanSam
12-06-15, 02:19 PM
James Roberts has Re-signed for a further 2 years. what?!

teke
12-06-15, 02:26 PM
Nene is another Esi Tonga

nimud
12-06-15, 03:07 PM
Nene is another Esi Tonga

What? Talented but injury prone?

He's at Ipswich now, yeah?

Mexican titan
12-06-15, 03:47 PM
What? Talented but injury prone?

He's at Ipswich now, yeah?

Can't of been Esi Tonga - he wasn't talented.

Titan4Life
12-06-15, 04:23 PM
Big rumours today around twitter that Hodkinson has signed with the club:

Rugby League Stats15 ‏@RLS_2015 2h2 hours ago

Trent Hodkinson has signed with the Titans on a two year deal starting 2016. Official announcement next week

Guess we wait and see. Good signing if true.

5 Year Contract
12-06-15, 04:40 PM

That's a great signing if true. A good solid Halfback who will be out to prove a point next year. Also given we dont have to throw ******** Cherry Evans money at him it lets us sign some other quality players in key positions. Next year is looking up!

TitanSam
12-06-15, 05:35 PM
**** yes good signing

JunctionBlock
12-06-15, 06:24 PM
Anyone want to weigh in as to why Roberts went from wanting a three year deal to accepting the two year deal? Is this cause he wanted to be at the club longer if DCE was here and now is hedging his bets, or cause the club stood firm and only offered the two years, which is leaving a lot of off contract people at the same time (2017). Especially if the Hodkinson two year deal is right.

Smakked
12-06-15, 06:25 PM

I hope its true good signing

Hail Sezer
12-06-15, 06:36 PM
Lol someone started the Hodkinson rumour and it just absolutely snowballed. Nothing in it - yet

Bayside Titan
12-06-15, 06:51 PM
Anyone want to weigh in as to why Roberts went from wanting a three year deal to accepting the two year deal? Is this cause he wanted to be at the club longer if DCE was here and now is hedging his bets, or cause the club stood firm and only offered the two years, which is leaving a lot of off contract people at the same time (2017). Especially if the Hodkinson two year deal is right.

New TV Rights deal to be started the following year. So we will see a lot of 2 year deals.

gotitans101_
12-06-15, 07:34 PM
Moa is an awesome player but I find it hard to believe the Roosters would let him go without a fight.

Surely we have more $$ to throw at him tho then Penrith do? The Panthers have just signed Merrin ffs

JunctionBlock
13-06-15, 07:43 AM
Moa is an awesome player but I find it hard to believe the Roosters would let him go without a fight.

Surely we have more $$ to throw at him tho then Penrith do? The Panthers have just signed Merrin ffs

Roosters are allowing him to negotiate so I guess he's on the open market, but all I've heard is that the Panthers are in the box seat.

Hail Sezer
13-06-15, 08:18 AM
Roosters are allowing him to negotiate so I guess he's on the open market, but all I've heard is that the Panthers are in the box seat.

In response to someone asking Gould last night who the Panthers were looking at signing, he said:

Phil Gould AM ‏@Gus10Gould
@Duggydroid second tier signings and Sam Moa is not an option for Panthers .. Our salary cap is full .. Thanks

Guess that means they're out of the chase

JunctionBlock
13-06-15, 08:46 AM
In response to someone asking Gould last night who the Panthers were looking at signing, he said:

Phil Gould AM ‏@Gus10Gould
@Duggydroid second tier signings and Sam Moa is not an option for Panthers .. Our salary cap is full .. Thanks

Guess that means they're out of the chase

From what I read it was dependant on what happens with Lewis Brown, Sika Manu and Adam Docker who are off contract. If we are in talks with any of them I'd turn the attention to Moa.

RenegadeGC
13-06-15, 09:54 AM
I see the Storm haven't resigned young gun Nelson Asofa-Solomona kid has huge potential and is a giant. 6 foot 8. And quick and agile for his size. Seen him play at the Junior Kiwis be Junior Roos. Aggressive and doesn't take a step back. Seemingly in oppose session Junior Kiwis vs Kiwis he was going hammer and thongs at Bromwich, Matulino etc

Hail Sezer
13-06-15, 11:46 AM
I see the Storm haven't resigned young gun Nelson Asofa-Solomona kid has huge potential and is a giant. 6 foot 8. And quick and agile for his size. Seen him play at the Junior Kiwis be Junior Roos. Aggressive and doesn't take a step back. Seemingly in oppose session Junior Kiwis vs Kiwis he was going hammer and thongs at Bromwich, Matulino etc

Wellington boy too :thumbsup:

TitanSam
13-06-15, 12:02 PM
Wellington boy too :thumbsup: I know someone that went to school with him too

- - - Updated - - -

If only the Titans recruitment team would look at this forum...

Hail Sezer
13-06-15, 12:09 PM
I know someone that went to school with him too

- - - Updated - - -

To wel-col? Nice. Got a lot of mates who went there.

They do I bet. I know a lot of players do (20's/NRL)

TitanSam
13-06-15, 12:15 PM

They do I bet. I know a lot of players do (20's/NRL) yea wel col, he also had an older brother called Frank I think

Bayside Titan
13-06-15, 12:26 PM
I
I know someone that went to school with him too

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't hurt to email the club.

RenegadeGC
13-06-15, 01:33 PM
Maybe TF92 could drop a hint... or have Mathiou on speed dial :)

TitanSam
13-06-15, 02:43 PM
Maybe TF92 could drop a hint... or have Mathiou on speed dial :) TF92 is on a holiday :(

RenegadeGC
13-06-15, 03:26 PM
TF92 is on a holiday :(

Lol is he in Zamunda and not have access to phone or Internet?

Bayside Titan
13-06-15, 07:45 PM
Watching Maloney play against Warriors and he is playing well. Pitty he is off to Sharks. One other reason I would think that he would stay in Sydney is so he can get on the Footy Show still.

TitanSam
13-06-15, 08:09 PM
Watching Maloney play against Warriors and he is playing well. Pitty he is off to Sharks. One other reason I would think that he would stay in Sydney is so he can get on the Footy Show still. Confirmed off to Sharks?

Titan68
13-06-15, 11:25 PM
Evening , everybody. I'm a little bit nervous right about now , seems we have been linked to every , Tom , Dick , & Harry at the moment. Like most i was really disappointed with the whole Dce thing , but REALLY glad it's over. Is there ANY signings on the horizon we can get excited about. Could REALLY , REALLY do with a pick me up at the moment

mdrew
14-06-15, 06:46 AM

They do I bet. I know a lot of players do (20's/NRL)

A few people in admin and marketing positions also look at this forum on a reasonably regular basis

JunctionBlock
14-06-15, 07:03 AM
Few articles doing the rounds today/last night regarding Dave Taylor being interested in Japanese Rugby over being traded to England. Fingers crossed it'll be Rugby, then it won't cost us anything in the salary cap to ship him to Super League.

Titan4Life
14-06-15, 12:50 PM
Found this rumour on FB:

Nrl Updates

RUMOUR
Out of favour Brisbane Broncos centre Dale Copley is wanting a release from the club so he can join the Gold Coast Titans in 2016.
Thoughts????

Any truth to this TF92? :rolleyes:

Would be great if this was true but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

TitanSam
14-06-15, 01:28 PM
Found this rumour on FB:

Any truth to this TF92? :rolleyes:

Would be great if this was true but I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Tbh wouldn't surprise me, would be a great signing, hopefully TF92 could shed some light XD hahahahahah

RenegadeGC
14-06-15, 02:57 PM
Little whisper. Not sure if it's announced. Hoffman to play 6. Mead to Fullback. Mortimer to hooked an mosley on the bench

Titan4Life
14-06-15, 03:00 PM
Little whisper. Not sure if it's announced. Hoffman to play 6. Mead to Fullback. Mortimer to hooked an mosley on the bench

Heard that as well plus Gordon onto the wing.

RenegadeGC
14-06-15, 03:01 PM
Yeah Gordon on to wing.

TitanSam
14-06-15, 03:03 PM
So it would be

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Tighe
5. Gordon
6. Hoffman
7. Sezer

If so that's one fast backline

GCTTSD
14-06-15, 03:14 PM
Not to sure about hoffy at 5/8 but im keen to see meady at fb

Titan4Life
14-06-15, 05:12 PM
Some good news fellas :thumbsup:

Chris Sandow Not A Target For Titans
Posted: 14 June, 2015 by Triple M NRL

Neil Henry confirmed that the Titans will not be signing Chris Sandow to fill the void left by the Cherry-Evans backflip.

The Parramatta half looks set to leave the Eels after he made negative comments about Brad Arthur, the head coach of Parramatta.

Sandow is on a huge contract at the Eels which finishes at the end of the 2015 season and it is extremely unlikely that will be extended after his latest altercation with the club.

Paul Kent told Sunday Triple M NRL that the "Gold Coast are not interested at all, they never were and won't be" and head coach Neil Henry spoke to the team and confirmed that.

Henry has coached Sandow with the All Stars game but stated "we haven't made an enquiry about Chrissy" and added that "we are going in a different direction."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/6/neil-henry-confirms-chris-sandow-wont-be-a-titan-in-2016/

TitanSam
14-06-15, 05:37 PM
Some good news fellas :thumbsup:

Chris Sandow Not A Target For Titans
Posted: 14 June, 2015 by Triple M NRL

Neil Henry confirmed that the Titans will not be signing Chris Sandow to fill the void left by the Cherry-Evans backflip.

The Parramatta half looks set to leave the Eels after he made negative comments about Brad Arthur, the head coach of Parramatta.

Sandow is on a huge contract at the Eels which finishes at the end of the 2015 season and it is extremely unlikely that will be extended after his latest altercation with the club.

Paul Kent told Sunday Triple M NRL that the "Gold Coast are not interested at all, they never were and won't be" and head coach Neil Henry spoke to the team and confirmed that.

Henry has coached Sandow with the All Stars game but stated "we haven't made an enquiry about Chrissy" and added that "we are going in a different direction."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/6/neil-henry-confirms-chris-sandow-wont-be-a-titan-in-2016/
Nice, put my mind the rest, but I wonder hat this 'other direction' is

teke
14-06-15, 06:01 PM
wrong thread oops

DavidBouveng
14-06-15, 06:12 PM
Annesley has said there is no offer tabled to Hodko.

and taylor to jap rugby... i couldnt see any quote saying that at all. was more referring to a time period a while ago when he mentioned he was interested in rugby, and tenuously linked to titans dropping him and trying to dump him.

unless i missed a whole paragraph with quotes from taylor saying he'd like to do it.

K2G
14-06-15, 06:58 PM
Annesley has said there is no offer tabled to Hodko.

and taylor to jap rugby... i couldnt see any quote saying that at all. was more referring to a time period a while ago when he mentioned he was interested in rugby, and tenuously linked to titans dropping him and trying to dump him.

unless i missed a whole paragraph with quotes from taylor saying he'd like to do it.

I missed that line from Annesley DB. Don't suppose you have a link?

As for Taylor - Henry was surprisingly upfront about the situation in his interview with Tripple M (http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/6/neil-henry-confirms-chris-sandow-wont-be-a-titan-in-2016/) today. Henry quoted as saying he expects about 200% better effort from Dave in the second half of the season. I'm thinking DT will be in the exit lounge come years end.

Also, from Henry's interview on tripple M

"Look we're in no huge rush. There has been a bit of speculation about a couple of halfbacks who are off contract and a couple of young guys who are in the system too, there are a few halfbacks who've got another year to go who are young and we are interested in"

Moses Mbye and/or Corey Norman?

I hope we are really putting pressure on the dogs to pay out of there yangs for Mbye.

Mexican titan
14-06-15, 08:02 PM

As for Taylor - Henry was surprisingly upfront about the situation in his interview with Tripple M (http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/6/neil-henry-confirms-chris-sandow-wont-be-a-titan-in-2016/) today. Henry quoted as saying he expects about 200% better effort from Dave in the second half of the season. I'm thinking DT will be in the exit lounge come years end.

"Look we're in no huge rush. There has been a bit of speculation about a couple of halfbacks who are off contract and a couple of young guys who are in the system too, there are a few halfbacks who've got another year to go who are young and we are interested in"

I hope we are really putting pressure on the dogs to pay out of there yangs for Mbye.

I noticed after the game that Roberts and Mbye seemed very matey and chatted for a while.....but I would still prefer an experienced half with LG for now. Would take Mbye as well if possible.

K2G
14-06-15, 08:08 PM
I noticed after the game that Roberts and Mbye seemed very matey and chatted for a while.....but I would still prefer an experienced half with LG for now. Would take Mbye as well if possible.

Bloody Manly fans...

Mbye FTW!

DavidBouveng
14-06-15, 08:49 PM

the annesly thing was in the sunday mail today. ill get it out of car later and screen shot it.

as for Taylor..oh i think hes gone. but the jap rugby thing is bullchit rumour built on previous comments that aren't quite relevant really i dont think.

JunctionBlock
15-06-15, 09:35 AM
ENGLAND’S CALLING FOR TAYLOR

Dave Taylor

British club Salford are set to make a massive play for Titans enigma Dave Taylor.

One of the best players in the game on his day, Taylor also has the habit of ‘going missing’ on occasions.

He is under contract to the Titans for 2016 – but there are rumours that Neil Henry would let him go if a club would make the right offer.

Salford’s eccentric owner Dr Marwan Koukash is determined to turn his club into a world force – and signing Taylor would be a fine start . . . he’d blitz the tackle-shy British defences.

From http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/moles-monday-scoops-46/?adbsc=social_20150614_47521336&adbid=949902478384329&adbpl=fb&adbpr=110919635615955

K2G
15-06-15, 09:41 AM
I'm all for letting Dave go... But I hope we keep Bird. Sounds like Manly are hovering.

I hope we announce some signings soon. Even just one please!! looking very thin for next year.

RenegadeGC
15-06-15, 09:48 AM
Joey Leilua was just officially released today from the Knights effective immediately. He would be a solid partner in the centres for Roberts.

JunctionBlock
15-06-15, 10:35 AM
Joey Leilua was just officially released today from the Knights effective immediately. He would be a solid partner in the centres for Roberts.

He's off to the Raiders. Should see some movement prior to the June 30 deadline.

Bayside Titan
15-06-15, 02:45 PM
Just announced on the Souths website that Paul Carter has just signed with them.

Hail Sezer
15-06-15, 02:48 PM
Good luck Paul - sort your life out off the field and you can wonderful things on it

K2G
15-06-15, 02:50 PM
Has Grevsmuhl re-signed with them yet? We should go after him.

Hail Sezer
15-06-15, 02:51 PM
Has Grevsmuhl re-signed with them yet? We should go after him.

Yeah fairly sure they activated the 2nd year option they had on his contract. They'd be crazy not to. Lad's a gun.

Bayside Titan
15-06-15, 02:53 PM
@SeaEaglesBlog: Manly favoured to get Bird, trying to offload Burgess/Mateo, Mason/Wolf won't be back, Barrett/Lussick certainties in 16 from @LeagueWeek

Do you think Mateo or Burgess would be any good for us?

JunctionBlock
15-06-15, 03:24 PM
I'd give Zillman another 5 year contract before signing Mateo.

K2G
15-06-15, 03:24 PM
Yeah fairly sure they activated the 2nd year option they had on his contract. They'd be crazy not to. Lad's a gun.

I agree that they'd be crazy not too. Is the second year in their favour?

@SeaEaglesBlog: Manly favoured to get Bird, trying to offload Burgess/Mateo, Mason/Wolf won't be back, Barrett/Lussick certainties in 16 from @LeagueWeek

No thanks to either.

If we lose Bird, Sezer, Myles and Taylor in one season that is going to be a huge exodus of experience.

Yes we will have a nice warchest.. but is there enough talent on the market to make up for that kind of culling, and are we an attractive enough option right now to lure big names here??

I can't see us landing any of my own dream signings (Mbye, Taupau Glenn, Grevsmuhl) ...

Mata'utia / Copley would be a good start though.

Leeroy
15-06-15, 03:29 PM
Hi all. Can someone please explain to me why we didn't sign Paul Carter?

Bayside Titan
15-06-15, 03:47 PM
Hi all. Can someone please explain to me why we didn't sign Paul Carter?

My guess is that the club is trying to set new standards despite Carter cleaning himself up. I support the club if that is what they are doing. Also he has all him family in Sydney to help him with his problems.

Mexican titan
15-06-15, 03:55 PM

I would be surprised if Manly have the funds for Bird after tying up DCE and getting Myles. Brett Stewart is also after a final year. I would rather keep Bird if he wants to stay.
As for Mateo and Burgess....no. Burgess has turned out to be a huge flop at Manly and certainly well behind his brothers in ability. He offers nothing and has shown nothing in any game I have watched him. Mateo can be clever on his day but there are too many errors in him and we have enough error makers here now. He is fairly versatile and I thought Manly were going to keep him.

Bayside Titan
15-06-15, 04:39 PM
I would be surprised if Manly have the funds for Bird after tying up DCE and getting Myles. Brett Stewart is also after a final year. I would rather keep Bird if he wants to stay.
As for Mateo and Burgess....no. Burgess has turned out to be a huge flop at Manly and certainly well behind his brothers in ability. He offers nothing and has shown nothing in any game I have watched him. Mateo can be clever on his day but there are too many errors in him and we have enough error makers here now. He is fairly versatile and I thought Manly were going to keep him.
Cool guys. Held similar views about those two.

Titan4Life
15-06-15, 05:11 PM
Not sure losing all of these forwards, especially experienced ones, is a good idea. If we do end up losing Bird, Taylor and Myles then we better get cracking and get serious on the market. Most of the quality has disappeared.

JunctionBlock
15-06-15, 05:35 PM
For every Bird is going to Manly article there's a Bird is staying at the Titans article.

Geeman
15-06-15, 05:47 PM
A bit of a shame to hear Carter is going to Souths, but I guess the club have their reasons for not trying to keep him. Mateo is far too inconsistent to be a consideration, and as for Leilua, I'm glad he has signed for Canberra, and here's hoping that is the last time his name is mentioned. Absolutely can't stand him.

Titanic
15-06-15, 05:49 PM
I think we'll keep Bird and by losing Taylor we will be able to get one quality forward and keep the ones we have. We need that head stomping ex-Warrior and then we'll be deadly.

DavidBouveng
15-06-15, 07:12 PM
I think we'll keep Bird and by losing Taylor we will be able to get one quality forward and keep the ones we have. We need that head stomping ex-Warrior and then we'll be deadly.

i dont get that reference?

i would be okay with keeping bird if we are losing all the others. that said, building a forward pack around Douglas and James is fine by me too.

i read that Bird had really considered Manly, but had a heart to heart with Henry and GA and decided to stay.

on Carter...such a shame... but maybe he needs a fresh start elsewhere. its worked for James Roberts, and we have benefited greatly from it. win some lose some, hope he gets it sorted. would love to see him put a big career together.

Brock O'Brien
15-06-15, 09:33 PM
On the Matty Johns show just then Matty said how great of a side we will be next year if we can get Maloney, and then Gordon Tallis mentioned Marty Taupau. I haven't heard anything in the media about us chasing him so maybe Gordy has inside word and knows something? He would be an amazing signing

JunctionBlock
16-06-15, 06:24 AM
i dont get that reference?

Russell Packer. The field peeing, attempted murderer who the NRL are re-registering, cause you know, it's good for the game.

Titanic
16-06-15, 10:17 AM
I honestly believe that we need a Packer-like player smashing up mid-field … Tapau would be perfect.

gotitans101_
16-06-15, 01:58 PM
Good player but I really don't like the guy...too much attitude, I think we have enough of those in our team as it is.

Give me Sam Moa over him any day.

RenegadeGC
16-06-15, 02:06 PM
Looks like Chad Redman is on his way here -

Brett Keeble @BrettKeeble
@NRLKnights hooker @redman_chad has been released to join @GCTitans effective immediately. Titans need a 9. Chad wants to play NRL. @NHSport

toddythetitan
16-06-15, 02:09 PM
Just seen on the book we have signed chad redman a young hooker from the knights very new news so more to come

TITAN PETE
16-06-15, 02:31 PM
Looks like Chad Redman is on his way here -

Brett Keeble @BrettKeeble
@NRLKnights hooker @redman_chad has been released to join @GCTitans effective immediately. Titans need a 9. Chad wants to play NRL. @NHSport

He has plenty of skill & shows a lot of promise a handy acquisition at this time & will be on peanuts this year

K2G
16-06-15, 03:00 PM
Geez i hope coach leaves mortimer at 9.
So with redman on the books, who drops off next year. Hopefully this means the end of falloon

Bayside Titan
16-06-15, 03:09 PM
Geez i hope coach leaves mortimer at 9.
So with redman on the books, who drops off next year. Hopefully this means the end of falloon

I dare say that Falloon won't get offered a new deal. He is off contract at years end according to Zero Tackle.

Toads
16-06-15, 03:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1701847293/jjj.jpg

Coool.. He's got the look, so he's accepted immediately! :p

nimud
16-06-15, 03:55 PM
He has plenty of skill & shows a lot of promise a handy acquisition at this time & will be on peanuts this year

I've been watching Chad Redman for a few seasons now in the Newcastle lower grades. He's one of those hookers who works hard, and keeps talking to his forwards. He tackle's hard, but isn't a prolific runner from dummy half.

I'm glad he's getting an NRL contract. but he isn't the answer to for Titans hooker position moving forward.

TitanSam
16-06-15, 04:04 PM
I've been watching Chad Redman for a few seasons now in the Newcastle lower grades. He's one of those hookers who works hard, and keeps talking to his forwards. He tackle's hard, but isn't a prolific runner from dummy half.

I'm glad he's getting an NRL contract. but he isn't the answer to for Titans hooker position moving forward. he won't be starting hooker here though. Using Moseley and Mortimer is good, but to have Redman as a backup is fine by me.

Smakked
16-06-15, 04:25 PM
Anyone got any Goss on a new Halves for next year to replace Sezer?

TitanSam
16-06-15, 04:35 PM
Anyone got any Goss on a new Halves for next year to replace Sezer? I read that we have made preliminary negotiations with Hodkinson and Maloney. King has ruled out Sandow as a signing for next season which is excellent. King also said that there are a couple of players that are contracted for next season that we are interested in (this possibly indicating Mbye as a target). Maloney will most likely sign with a sydney team so he can stay with the Footy show. Also many rumours circling around Hodkinson may have signed with us, and official announcement will come after origin tomorrow, However Annesley has confirmed no formal offer has been offered to Hodko. Other than that i don't think there's much more rumours or goss.

Bayside Titan
16-06-15, 04:43 PM
TRAVIS MEYN
GOLD COAST BULLETIN
JUNE 16, 2015 2:20PM

Titans jump into NRL top eight
Gold Coast Titans sign rookie NRL hooker from Knights
TRAVIS MEYN
GOLD COAST BULLETIN
JUNE 16, 2015 2:20PM

THE Gold Coast Titans have snared Newcastle Knights hooker Chad Redman to help solve their No. 9 crisis.

The former Australian Schoolboys representative will join the Titans immediately.

Kierran Moseley became the latest Gold Coast hooker to be sidelined when he suffered a knee injury against Canterbury on Sunday.

Beau Falloon (wrist) and Matt Srama (ankle) are still at least a few weeks way from being fit to play.

Redman made his NRL debut for the Knights in Round 10 and has played two matches.

The 22-year-old spent two seasons in Newcastle’s under-20s team before graduating to the NSW Cup last year.

Daniel Mortimer has done a fantastic job at hooker for the Titans recently but Redman will add some depth to the squad.

Coach Neil Henry left Redman out of the team he named today for Saturday’s home game against the Warriors but he could be a late inclusion.

Henry named a relatively unchanged team with captain Nate Myles to play his 200th NRL match if he gets through tomorrow’s Origin game in Melbourne unscathed.

Former Origin forward Dave Taylor has been named 18th man after being dropped last weekend.

RenegadeGC
16-06-15, 04:44 PM
Also we have to remember that anyone who has signed can't be officially announced until after the 10 day cooling period.

DavidBouveng
16-06-15, 05:34 PM
Also we have to remember that anyone who has signed can't be officially announced until after the 10 day cooling period.

but if he has been released does that change? being released is one transaction, then we signed him.

i think cooling off is for when people are signing for a different club for the following year when still play for current club.

and is this rule in effect as yet? i heard RLPA only just gave it the ok, so it might be for next season onwards?

not arguing...just throwing out some questions as i dont really know how it is going to work or when it changes

RenegadeGC
16-06-15, 05:53 PM
but if he has been released does that change? being released is one transaction, then we signed him.

i think cooling off is for when people are signing for a different club for the following year when still play for current club.

and is this rule in effect as yet? i heard RLPA only just gave it the ok, so it might be for next season onwards?

not arguing...just throwing out some questions as i dont really know how it is going to work or when it changes

Haha yeah if he's released its a different story in terms of cooling off period.

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 08:06 PM
pete badel ‏@badel_cmail 1 min
Exclusive: Titans sign NRL young gun until end of 2017. Full story @cmail_sport tomrow

I don't think this is with regard to Redman..

Titan4Life
16-06-15, 08:08 PM
Any idea who it is? Pete confirmed it wasn't Cornish.

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 08:09 PM
absolutely no idea haha

Glad it isn't Cornish

TitanSam
16-06-15, 08:10 PM
MBYE PLEASE? PLEASE?

Titan4Life
16-06-15, 08:18 PM
MBYE PLEASE? PLEASE?

As much as I'd love it to be, I highly doubt it. If it is Redman, I would be highly disappointed as everyone already knew about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be Nene Macdonald? Wouldn't be a bad buy.

TitanSam
16-06-15, 08:21 PM
As much as I'd love it to be, I highly doubt it. If it is Redman, I would be highly disappointed as everyone already knew about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be Nene Macdonald? Wouldn't be a bad buy. yea wouldn't mind him either. Hopefully they are actually a young gun and not a noddy nobody. I'm so excited yet nervous right now I just want to know.

Titan4Life
16-06-15, 08:27 PM
All we know is that it's not Cornish and it isn't a Broncos player. Also sounds like it isn't about Redman.

lonegull
16-06-15, 08:28 PM
Not redman, Badel states that two signings were made today, so one is redman but who is the other

TitanSam
16-06-15, 08:31 PM
Just asked if they were from a sydney club EDIT: yes a Sydney club

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 08:32 PM
My guesses are Nene or Te Maire Martin

TitanSam
16-06-15, 08:35 PM
My guesses are Nene or Te Maire Martin yea those are mine too

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 08:37 PM
yea those are mine too

copy me again and i will deport you from the motherland

Titan4Life
16-06-15, 08:39 PM
Well I was planning to have an early one but guess I will stay up a bit longer now...

Anyway, his latest reply confirms it isn't Redman and says the guy 'is much better than Redman'.

IpswichTitans
16-06-15, 08:51 PM
I was thinking Nene as well but would love for it to be Te Maire Martin!

Mexican titan
16-06-15, 08:51 PM
Well I was planning to have an early one but guess I will stay up a bit longer now...

Anyway, his latest reply confirms it isn't Redman and says the guy 'is much better than Redman'.

Just ask Badel what time he is turning in for the night so you know how long you have to keep chipping away. Keep going as you seem to be making progress.
As for the "is much better than Redman" well I would hope so. With due respect to Redman he has only played two NRL games to date and you would hope the signing would be a little better than that.

Brock O'Brien
16-06-15, 09:22 PM
Someone posted on league unlimited that Brenko Lee is coming to GC, so good chance it is him?

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 09:25 PM
Someone posted on league unlimited that Brenko Lee is coming to GC, so good chance it is him?

Makes sense since they recently signed BJ Leilua and still have Wighton, Waqa, Hawkins and Edrick there

Brock O'Brien
16-06-15, 09:27 PM
Makes sense since they recently signed BJ Leilua and still have Wighton, Waqa, Hawkins and Edrick there

Yeah wouldn't be surprised, do you rate him?

Bayside Titan
16-06-15, 09:30 PM
@RLW_Mole: Moley hearing @nenemacdonald from @sydneyroosters close to signing with @GCTitans

Brock O'Brien
16-06-15, 09:31 PM
@RLW_Mole: Moley hearing @nenemacdonald from @sydneyroosters close to signing with @GCTitans

God this is painful hahaha, who would you guys rather Lee or Mcdonald?

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 09:32 PM
It'll be Mcdonald

IpswichTitans
16-06-15, 09:34 PM
Would Rather Lee

Bayside Titan
16-06-15, 09:34 PM

On Instagram it said that he was leaving the club but did not say to which club

Smakked
16-06-15, 09:36 PM
Moley hearing @nenemacdonald from @sydneyroosters close to signing with @GCTitans

Who is he?

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 09:37 PM
Who is he?

21 yr old wing/centre/fullback. PNG rep

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/11/06/1227114/699755-cb56d220-649b-11e4-a360-a5bf402bfb8e.jpg

TitanSam
16-06-15, 09:38 PM
Who is he? our future left centre

K2G
16-06-15, 09:39 PM
Good in the air ...

https://youtu.be/KY2cv13bLQA?t=58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8K25usvJbk

lonegull
16-06-15, 09:42 PM
Nene was a Titans junior

Brock O'Brien
16-06-15, 09:42 PM
Mole says it will be a mid-season transfer, I think he's a good pick up from what I have seen. Possible replacement at left centre over Tighe?

Bayside Titan
16-06-15, 09:43 PM
He's from up this way some where as well.

If it's him I guess we are seeing a real change in the potential psychology in our recruitment going forward. Lot of young blokes looking for a chance.

gotitans101_
16-06-15, 09:44 PM
I'd rather Brenko too, but won't complain if it's Nene. Still young and has plenty to offer.

Hail Sezer
16-06-15, 09:46 PM
This was broken days ago on the Roosters forum...i'm disappointed I didn't pick it up earlier :/

http://www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum/the-chookpen-general-discussion/sydney-roosters-discussion/606460-nene-mcdonald-to-titans/page2

gotitans101_
16-06-15, 09:53 PM

Well, I wouldn't go that far with Nene, he is considered a lazy winger with a low workrate, good in the air though and has the ability to be much more I think.

TITAN PETE
16-06-15, 10:21 PM
It's a promising signing but I wouldn't be in a hurry to swap him for Tighe or Don at the moment

K2G
16-06-15, 10:31 PM
Kind've funny reading this article now

https://notworththecandle.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/14-nene-macdonald.jpg

But like one of you blokes said earlier, i like the policy of keeping and bringing GC juniours home.

Nene's got plenty of potential, and it's nice to have another Kumul in the side.

Keep the signing announcements coming baby :thumbsup:

Titan68
16-06-15, 11:21 PM
Well if it does turn out to be Nene MacDonald , i just hope the recruitment team don't forget we really need some experience in the halves to help Kane Elgey , BECAUSE THIS KID IS ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER.

teke
17-06-15, 12:42 AM
Would rather Crampton

Titanic
17-06-15, 01:22 AM
Sure but as much as I would like to see him have a shot he's busted and untested … MacDonald would be a good depth signing with potential.

teke
17-06-15, 05:26 AM
Sure but as much as I would like to see him have a shot he's busted and untested … MacDonald would be a good depth signing with potential.sounds like Dave Taylor ATM.

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 06:21 AM
Sure but as much as I would like to see him have a shot he's busted and untested … MacDonald would be a good depth signing with potential.

I think this is the best way to explain the signing - depth with potential.

Smakked
17-06-15, 06:29 AM
sounds like Dave Taylor ATM.

Yeah this is what i have read as well , sounds lazy.

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 06:30 AM
General consensus on Chookpen forum is that they're happy to let go of a player who's still riding the potential train. Not overly concerned due to Macdonald's low workrate and lack of involvement.

When they've got SKD/Fergo/Jennings/Tupou/Elliot/Manu/Milne all there vying for the same position, it's understandable. Ridiculous depth..man they've got some talent coming through.

Titan4Life
17-06-15, 06:44 AM
Two new Titans join ranks
Tue 16th June, 11:48PM

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/06/16/two_new_titans_join_/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1434462638249.jpg

The Gold Coast Titans have added two exciting young players to bolster our ranks from this weekend.

Hooker Chad Redman, 22, has been released by the Newcastle Knights and has agreed to join the Titans for the remainder of this season while 21-year-old centre/winger Nene MacDonald, from Sydney Roosters, has agreed to a deal for this season and next, with an option for 2017.

Both are former Australian Schoolboy representatives, Redman touring England with Lachlan Burr in 2010 and MacDonald touring New Zealand with Kane Elgey in 2011.

The Port Moresby-born MacDonald, raised in Cairns before attending Kirwan State High in Townsville with Kierran Moseley and who represented PNG alongside David Mead at the 2013 World Cup, was a member of the Roosters full-time squad and has played 11 NRL games in the past two seasons.

“I’m excited to get this opportunity hopefully play NRL with the Titans,” said Macdonald who represented PNG on the Gold Coast over the rep weekend this year. “I think the Titans are a club that is improving with some young players on the rise.”

MacDonald previously played with the Titans in the Mal Meninga Cup under-18s in 2012 before being recruited by the Roosters.

Redman is a Newcastle junior who scored the match-sealing try for the Knights on debut against Wests Tigers in round 10 and played one more NRL match for the Knights.

He played for the Knights in last year’s NSW Cup grand final and is a strong runner from dummy half and defender.

JunctionBlock
17-06-15, 08:32 AM
I hope it means that we are closer to off loading Kevin Gordon to North Queensland with the MacDonald signing. Whilst he did play well for us on the weekend, the money tied up in his contract and the fact he's lost his speed are two reasons I'd be happy to see him move on.

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 09:29 AM
NRL 2015: Titans sign Nene Macdonald and Chad Redman

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2015/06/17/1227401/580714-6cc23502-1471-11e5-8cab-50fca574effe.jpg

PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL JUNE 17, 2015 7:59AM

THE Titans have scored a major recruitment coup with the club poaching Nene Macdonald, the Roosters sensation rated a future NRL star by Maroons coach Mal Meninga.

And the Gold Coast last night ramped-up their market raid ahead of the June 30 transfer deadline, also securing the services of promising Newcastle rake Chad Redman.

Macdonald agreed to a two-year contract yesterday, while Redman has signed a 12-month deal to ease the Titans’ hooking crisis after Kierran Moseley injured his knee against Canterbury last Sunday.

The transfers are effective immediately, meaning Macdonald and Redman will be available for selection for this Saturday night’s home clash against the Warriors.

Redman, 22, is a former Australian Schoolboy who made his NRL debut last month, but it is the acquisition of the classy Macdonald that could excite Titans fans.

The 21-year-old is a 192cm, 100kg powerhouse who can play wing, fullback or centre, having scored three tries in 11 games since his NRL debut against Canterbury last year.

Born in Port Moresby, Macdonald has played four Tests for Papua New Guinea, catching the eye of Kumuls and Maroons coach Meninga with his athleticism at the 2013 World Cup.

Macdonald is also highly regarded by Roosters icon Brad Fittler, who tipped him for NRL stardom after playing alongside the rookie at last year’s inaugural Auckland Nines.

Despite having played for the Kumuls, Macdonald is eligible for Queensland after the Cairns Brothers junior was picked in their Junior Emerging Origin squad alongside Titans halfback Kane Elgey in January.

Because PNG are a second-tier nation, the Titans recruit has the ability to renounce his ties between World Cup cycles to pledge his allegiance to the Maroons.

The Roosters were reluctant to lose Macdonald but conceded the Test flyer could struggle for a regular NRL berth in their star-studded backline.

Macdonald’s signing represents a homecoming of sorts after he had a brief stint with the Titans in 2011 before being snapped up by the Roosters.

With Macdonald and the electric James Roberts on their books, the Titans will field a backline possessing the youth, speed and tryscoring ability to trouble rival teams.

Redman, meanwhile, is some insurance for the Titans, who have lost frontline hookers Moseley, Beau Falloon (wrist) and Matt Srama (ankle) to injury.

The hardworking rake played a key role in Newcastle’s 22-12 defeat of the Tigers last month, scoring the 77th-minute try which snapped his side’s five-game losing streak.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-2015-titans-sign-nene-macdonald-and-chad-redman/story-fniabrr8-1227401580743

Smakked
17-06-15, 09:47 AM
One thing i do like is we are signing up and coming players, good to see

Bayside Titan
17-06-15, 09:53 AM
Salford in the UK are set to announce two NRL signings next Tuesday. David Taylor's name has been mentioned as one of them.
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/480/9886627/super-league-marwan-koukash-plans-more-salford-signings

- - - Updated - - -

This was broken days ago on the Roosters forum...i'm disappointed I didn't pick it up earlier :/

http://www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum/the-chookpen-general-discussion/sydney-roosters-discussion/606460-nene-mcdonald-to-titans/page2

I also remember reading somewhere in the past week or two that the Lurker or Mole mentioned that this was on the cards as well.

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 10:32 AM
Nene already training with team today

JunctionBlock
17-06-15, 10:45 AM
Salford in the UK are set to announce two NRL signings next Tuesday. David Taylor's name has been mentioned as one of them.
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugby-league/news/article/480/9886627/super-league-marwan-koukash-plans-more-salford-signings

- - - Updated - - -

Gallen is about to re-sign with the Sharks for another year, Taylor has said he doesn't want to go to England and Vidot has said he wants to stay a Bronco and close to family. Who do you believe? Hopefully money talks and DT walks.

RenegadeGC
17-06-15, 10:58 AM
Broncs just signed 19 year old Carlin Anderson, hes been killing it in QCup for Ipswich.

mdrew
17-06-15, 11:49 AM
Nene McDonald the classic example of a young player who on natural talent alone, has dominated every competition he has played in, up until 1st grade. In MM for us he was dominant, I can recall a rainy Saturday afternoon at Purtell Park where he destroyed Wests whenever he wanted. Also in the NYC at the Roosters he was a step above most players. 1st grade is obviously a different beast, and he will have to put his head down and work as hard as all of the other 1st grade regulars. If he does we have gotten a very good signing.

Blade07
17-06-15, 12:14 PM
Love these signings just hope we can continue with the signings of Alex Glenn, Maloney, Brown and Moa.

Also any news on a Jersey sponsor yet? Even the sharks can get one!

RenegadeGC
17-06-15, 12:26 PM
Love these signings just hope we can continue with the signings of Alex Glenn, Maloney, Brown and Moa.

Also any news on a Jersey sponsor yet? Even the sharks can get one!

Glenn will re-sign with the Broncs. Ehhh not a fan of Lewis Brown plus he doesn't have a good rep in terms of after hes had a few drinkies... has been known to come across as a real twat lol

Mexican titan
17-06-15, 12:35 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I also remember reading somewhere in the past week or two that the Lurker or Mole mentioned that this was on the cards as well.

Perhaps DT should read this before he commits to Salford if he is thinking about it.
http://www.salfordstar.com/article.asp?id=2778

I won't say I am surprised if this is true about this bloke.

Blade07
17-06-15, 12:57 PM
I just thought Bronx are taking there time to resign him and we could be a big possibility of signing him
I hope!

gotitans101_
17-06-15, 05:17 PM
What does this mean for Crampton? I would love to see him get a shot at first grade.

IpswichTitans
17-06-15, 05:22 PM
Henry prepared to unleash new signings

Gold Coast coach Neil Henry has indicated that he is prepared to unleash new Titans Chad Redman and Nene Macdonald as early as this Saturday as the club looks to secure a third-straight win for the second time this season.

With a place in the top eight on offer for the winner of the Titans-Warriors clash at Cbus Super Stadium, Henry has had to call on additional troops in light of a mounting injury toll with Macdonald arriving from the Roosters on Tuesday night and Redman from Newcastle in time for the team's training session on Wednesday afternoon.

With regular hookers Kierran Moseley (knee), Beau Falloon (wrist) and Matt Srama (ankle) sidelined for at least another month Redman is almost certain to play against the Warriors while Macdonald could be a late inclusion for centre Brad Tighe who is in doubt with a shoulder injury.

It would be a remarkable chain of events for two players who didn't meet their new teammates until Wednesday, but Henry is confident they can both make positive contributions with only a limited preparation.

"I think Chad's probably at good odds to play straight up given our hooker position. Nene will depend on how we train [on Wednesday] afternoon," Henry said of the prospect of adding both players.

"Brad Tighe hurt his shoulder trying to score that try, the same shoulder that he had the operation on so he's not 100 per cent at the moment. Unless he's right to go Nene might find himself in the side straight up.

"Nene Macdonald has been in the pipeline for a while. He's been a bit of a target for the club and it was just a matter of working out whether the Roosters would release him this year.

"He's been on the radar for a while and has agreed to terms for a couple of years so we see him as a bright prospect for the future.

"It wasn't so much that we needed him for this weekend, it just happened at the same time. We thought it could have been last week but we had to rely on the Roosters being comfortable to release him and they came to the party there."

Captain against the Bulldogs last weekend, Ryan James was only just getting to know his newest teammates on Wednesday and doesn't believe they will have any trouble slotting in if called upon this weekend.

With Redman and Macdonald 22 and 21 years of age respectively, James said he was excited about the youth movement coming through the club as the Titans' shore up their roster for 2016 in the wake of the infamous Daly Cherry-Evans backflip.

"Obviously they've been in footy forever so it's not going to be hard," James said. "Most teams have the same moves but just different names and I think 'Tighesy' is in a bit of doubt and we've only got one hooker running around at the moment so there's a very high possibility that they could [both play].

"The squad's pretty depleted at the moment so to get some new faces in is always good and they're two young and talented players and it's good to have some youth in the team.

"Obviously the hooker role we're very low so brought in another hooker and they're both young players and it shows where the Titans are headed in the future.

"If we're recruiting some young players that's probably where we're going."

The acquisition of Redman happened within 48 hours of Moseley's knee injury suffered against the Bulldogs on Sunday with the former Australian Schoolboy signed only for the remainder of the 2015 season.

Reigning player of the year Beau Falloon is off contract at the end of the season and Henry said Redman's audition for a contract extension would provide healthy competition among the club's hookers later in the year.

"It's no secret we've had quite a few injuries around our hooker role and we saw an opportunity to get Chad and luckily the Knights obliged and released him and he's come up here for an opportunity to play a bit of first grade for the rest of this year," said Henry.

"We've got a couple of hookers that are off contract as well so what we're doing is giving him an opportunity. We had a look at some video and he's had a couple of games in first grade and I liked what I saw in him.

"He's a nuggety type of hooker that has played in a variety of roles as well, has filled in at lock and in the back row as well.

"We've talked about Kierran Moseley being thrown in the deep end with our injury crisis at hooker and he's handled it quite well but it certainly puts a bit more competition around his position."

http://www.nrl.com/henry-prepared-to-unleash-new-signings/tabid/10874/newsid/87154/default.aspx

TitanSam
17-06-15, 05:53 PM
What does this mean for Crampton? I would love to see him get a shot at first grade. out for the season but I hope we re-sign him

TitanSam
17-06-15, 06:05 PM
Henry prepared to unleash new signings

Gold Coast coach Neil Henry has indicated that he is prepared to unleash new Titans Chad Redman and Nene Macdonald as early as this Saturday as the club looks to secure a third-straight win for the second time this season.

With a place in the top eight on offer for the winner of the Titans-Warriors clash at Cbus Super Stadium, Henry has had to call on additional troops in light of a mounting injury toll with Macdonald arriving from the Roosters on Tuesday night and Redman from Newcastle in time for the team's training session on Wednesday afternoon.

With regular hookers Kierran Moseley (knee), Beau Falloon (wrist) and Matt Srama (ankle) sidelined for at least another month Redman is almost certain to play against the Warriors while Macdonald could be a late inclusion for centre Brad Tighe who is in doubt with a shoulder injury.

It would be a remarkable chain of events for two players who didn't meet their new teammates until Wednesday, but Henry is confident they can both make positive contributions with only a limited preparation.

"I think Chad's probably at good odds to play straight up given our hooker position. Nene will depend on how we train [on Wednesday] afternoon," Henry said of the prospect of adding both players.

"Brad Tighe hurt his shoulder trying to score that try, the same shoulder that he had the operation on so he's not 100 per cent at the moment. Unless he's right to go Nene might find himself in the side straight up.

"Nene Macdonald has been in the pipeline for a while. He's been a bit of a target for the club and it was just a matter of working out whether the Roosters would release him this year.

"He's been on the radar for a while and has agreed to terms for a couple of years so we see him as a bright prospect for the future.

"It wasn't so much that we needed him for this weekend, it just happened at the same time. We thought it could have been last week but we had to rely on the Roosters being comfortable to release him and they came to the party there."

Captain against the Bulldogs last weekend, Ryan James was only just getting to know his newest teammates on Wednesday and doesn't believe they will have any trouble slotting in if called upon this weekend.

With Redman and Macdonald 22 and 21 years of age respectively, James said he was excited about the youth movement coming through the club as the Titans' shore up their roster for 2016 in the wake of the infamous Daly Cherry-Evans backflip.

"Obviously they've been in footy forever so it's not going to be hard," James said. "Most teams have the same moves but just different names and I think 'Tighesy' is in a bit of doubt and we've only got one hooker running around at the moment so there's a very high possibility that they could [both play].

"The squad's pretty depleted at the moment so to get some new faces in is always good and they're two young and talented players and it's good to have some youth in the team.

"Obviously the hooker role we're very low so brought in another hooker and they're both young players and it shows where the Titans are headed in the future.

"If we're recruiting some young players that's probably where we're going."

The acquisition of Redman happened within 48 hours of Moseley's knee injury suffered against the Bulldogs on Sunday with the former Australian Schoolboy signed only for the remainder of the 2015 season.

Reigning player of the year Beau Falloon is off contract at the end of the season and Henry said Redman's audition for a contract extension would provide healthy competition among the club's hookers later in the year.

"It's no secret we've had quite a few injuries around our hooker role and we saw an opportunity to get Chad and luckily the Knights obliged and released him and he's come up here for an opportunity to play a bit of first grade for the rest of this year," said Henry.

"We've got a couple of hookers that are off contract as well so what we're doing is giving him an opportunity. We had a look at some video and he's had a couple of games in first grade and I liked what I saw in him.

"He's a nuggety type of hooker that has played in a variety of roles as well, has filled in at lock and in the back row as well.

"We've talked about Kierran Moseley being thrown in the deep end with our injury crisis at hooker and he's handled it quite well but it certainly puts a bit more competition around his position."

http://www.nrl.com/henry-prepared-to-unleash-new-signings/tabid/10874/newsid/87154/default.aspx

So we'll probably line up:

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Roberts
20. MacDonald
5. Gordon
6. Hoffman
7. Sezer
8. Douglas
9. Mortimer
10. Myles
11. James
12. Ridge
13. Pettybourne

14. Paasi
15. Ioane
16. Burr
19. Redman

Btw does anyone know if Nene is a good defender?

gotitans101_
17-06-15, 06:36 PM
out for the season but I hope we re-sign him

wow for real? Wasn't aware of that.

TitanSam
17-06-15, 06:38 PM
wow for real? Wasn't aware of that. his ACL :/

TITAN PETE
17-06-15, 07:51 PM
So we'll probably line up:

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Roberts
20. MacDonald
5. Gordon
6. Hoffman
7. Sezer
8. Douglas
9. Mortimer
10. Myles
11. James
12. Ridge
13. Pettybourne

14. Paasi
15. Ioane
16. Burr
19. Redman

Btw does anyone know if Nene is a good defender?

I would be surprised to see Tighe dropped for this match as he is an excellent defender & Nene is suspect.

Hail Sezer
17-06-15, 07:53 PM
I would be surprised to see Tighe dropped for this match as he is an excellent defender & Nene is suspect.

He's just referring to the article that states that Tighe might be omitted due to injury I think

DavidBouveng
17-06-15, 07:55 PM

did you read the article you crazy kid

Henry was quoted "Brad Tighe hurt his shoulder trying to score that try, the same shoulder that he had the operation on so he's not 100 per cent at the moment. Unless he's right to go Nene might find himself in the side straight up.

TITAN PETE
17-06-15, 09:13 PM
He's just referring to the article that states that Tighe might be omitted due to injury I think

did you read the article you crazy kid

Henry was quoted "Brad Tighe hurt his shoulder trying to score that try, the same shoulder that he had the operation on so he's not 100 per cent at the moment. Unless he's right to go Nene might find himself in the side straight up.

Reading is so overrated :doh:

JunctionBlock
18-06-15, 07:39 AM
Titans need to come out today and make a statement regarding how glad we are that DCE back flipped.

Bayside Titan
18-06-15, 09:25 AM
Titans need to come out today and make a statement regarding how glad we are that DCE back flipped.

They don't need to......DCE said it for us last night........#speedbump

DavidBouveng
18-06-15, 09:54 AM
he was the only one who looked uncomfortable with the physicality and toughness of it.

he was jittery with the ball and didnt look in flow with rest of team.

Smith says he is next captain, but he hasnt ever really done anything in origin to prove he can be dominant there.

He looked our version of mitchell pearce.

I hope Cronk is fit, and that Hunt ( or even morgan ) get the spar half spot next year.

JunctionBlock
18-06-15, 10:05 AM
Cause this is the rumours thread I shall refrain from continuing my rant against DCE. However, wasn't there a rumour regarding the announcement of signing Hodko after origin? Did anyone ever verify if that was a rumour or was it fact based?

Supergoose
18-06-15, 11:07 AM
So do we think MacDonald or Don will play centre if Tighe is out? We know Don trained there a bit during the off-season. Gordon has played centre once for us too, I think. At least it's not a backrower, ala former Titans cosch move.

IpswichTitans
18-06-15, 11:30 AM
I'd be wanting to keep Don on the wing and bring Nene in at centre.

RenegadeGC
18-06-15, 12:51 PM
so much rubbish posted on facebook, a page claiming Titans are close to signing Sandow after he has spoken out he wants to move back to QLD.

So much smoke and mirrors and hear say. lol cant believe some of these posts actually get likes

TitanSam
18-06-15, 03:58 PM
so much rubbish posted on facebook, a page claiming Titans are close to signing Sandow after he has spoken out he wants to move back to QLD.

So much smoke and mirrors and hear say. lol cant believe some of these posts actually get likes lol Kings already said that we aren't after Sandow ��

Bayside Titan
18-06-15, 04:07 PM
I think that if we were to be announcing and signings it would be tomorrow afternoon after all the Origin washup. Just keep an eye on Twitter after 930 pm to see if there is any.

Titanic
18-06-15, 04:25 PM
Smith says he is next captain
Smith is a known comedian and only said that because he knows his own place is now safe for another ten years.

IpswichTitans
18-06-15, 05:31 PM
Titans Late Mail

Nate Myles (foot) picked up an injury in Origin. He will need to prove his fitness in Friday’s captain’s run. Brad Tighe (shoulder) is also in doubt, with this week’s recruit Nene Macdonald in line to replace him. Fellow recruit Chad Redman will also come into the side as a bench hooker. James Roberts (knee) picked up a bone-on-bone knock and has only trained lightly this week, but is likely to play.

Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-late-mail-ahead-of-round-15-team-changes-and-gossip/story-fnp0lyn3-1227403834430

TitanSam
18-06-15, 05:58 PM
:/ Im worried about a couple of things... Gordon marking Maumalo, Maumalo will beat him in the air and is much bigger than Kevvy. Nene vs Konrad, Konnie usually tears us up, and Nenes defence (from what I have seen) is a little patchy, he can't afford to be patchy against Hurrell. However Nene is very quick from what I have seen, and Hurrells defence is suspect at best as well. If we can hold the Warriors out for the first 20-40 minutes, we should hold them out because we are a much much better 2nd half team, and guys like Meady, Jimmy and maybe Nene should run at their forwards a little bit and really tire them out. That's how we can win it.

RenegadeGC
18-06-15, 09:10 PM
Lewis Brown signed with Manly for 3 years

TITAN PETE
18-06-15, 09:16 PM

If Bird had signed with Manly Brown would be coming here

Hail Sezer
18-06-15, 09:29 PM
Gold Coast Titans target Daly Cherry-Evans’ Origin rival Trent Hodkinson

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2015/06/18/1227403/173451-12f0483e-14f3-11e5-9f1b-ea0e0a7b6fb6.jpg

PETER BADEL AND TODD BALYM THE COURIER-MAIL JUNE 18, 2015 9:00PM

THE Titans have begun negotiations with Trent Hodkinson as they look to replace Daly Cherry-Evans with the NSW halfback who outpointed him again in Origin II.

The Courier-Mail can reveal the Titans have upped the ante in the pursuit of off-contract Hodkinson, who trumped Cherry-Evans to pilot NSW to a 26-18 victory at the MCG and keep their title defence alive.

Queensland legend Wally Lewis on Thursday endorsed the Titans’ interest in Hodkinson, saying the Blues No. 7 could form a formidable union with rising playmaker Kane Elgey.

The Titans have been linked with a number of playmakers, including Parramatta’s Chris Sandow, Roosters’ James Maloney and emerging Canterbury young gun Moses Mbye and Hodkinson is now officially on the their radar.

The 26-year-old’s management have talked with the Titans and while a formal offer has not yet been tabled, the Coast’s interest in Hodkinson is genuine.

Hodkinson might not boast the same bag of tricks as Cherry-Evans but he has proven three times in league’s toughest arena that he has the measure of the NRL’s $10 million man.

The Titans have been forced to desperately scour the player market in the wake of Cherry-Evans’ contractual acrobatics and Lewis sees promise in Hodkinson.

“As a halfback if Trent can handle Origin without any glaring mistakes I think he would certainly would be an attraction for the Titans,” said Lewis, who coached the Gold Coast Seagulls in 1992-93.

“I feel for the Titans. The one hurdle they’ve had is just getting a stable response from blokes on whether they want to be there.

“Hodkinson is on the market and whether he’s the right fit I guess it depends on what the coach (Neil Henry) wants from his halfback.

“Does he want a guy like Trent to suit the players around him or does he take a bolder challenge and shape the rest of the Titans side around Hodkinson?

“Canterbury generally don’t lose players they want to retain, but if they can’t keep Hodkinson he could fit the bill with Elgey at the Titans.”

In an ideal world the Titans would sign Mbye, but his $700,000 price tag is a major impediment, coupled with his contract at Belmore for another 12 months.

It is understood Hodkinson wants a four-year contract extension but the Bulldogs are concerned about his longevity and would prefer a two-year upgrade.

The former Sunshine Coast half has battled knee injuries since his early 20s, outlaying $10,000 last year on stem-cell treatment to keep his NRL career alive.

While the Titans were rocked by the Cherry-Evans saga, Lewis said the club had a playmaking ray of hope in the classy Elgey.

“I like the look of Elgey,” Lewis said. “He reads the play quite well and he’s not afraid to run at the line.

“I’m glad Elgey stayed loyal because he’s one guy the Titans can build their club around.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-target-daly-cherry-evans-origin-rival-trent-hodkinson/story-fnp0lyn2-1227404687994

Bayside Titan
18-06-15, 09:30 PM
If Bird had signed with Manly Brown would be coming here

So Bird is staying is that we can read into what you have said?

DavidBouveng
18-06-15, 10:09 PM

brown followed his coach from warriors to panthers... is he making first move and waiting for Cleary to make the move?

i know barrett is panthers assistant, but Cleary was a manly player and they do love former players as coaches...

Pallas
18-06-15, 11:16 PM
In all honesty, I'd much prefer if we didn't sign Hodkinson unless he was on 500k or under, and for no more than 2 or 3 years. He simply about to reach his expiration date with his ongoing knee problems and I'd doubt he would give us consistent footy. However some of his experience would rub off on LG.

If Hodkinson wants to be paid overs, I'd much rather we sign a young up and coming half like Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino, Ben Hampton, Moses M'bye (looks doubtful now) or at least someone cheap who can just do the job for a year or two.

I wouldn't mind someone like James Maloney or Fa'amanu Brown at the moment tbh

DavidBouveng
19-06-15, 09:10 AM
i dont know where this concern for his knee has come from

he played 24 games in 2010,
22 in 2011
6 in 2012 - (that was his serious knee injury)
20 games in 2013 - every game after returning the knee in jury in round 6
25 last year plus 3 origin
and only missed games due to origin this year.

I don't think a player who has just made origin in last 12 months and a GF is nearing his expiration date. he has only had one injury affected season and hardly missed a game since.

now if we had a scale from 500k for Sezer, including 700k for maloney and ending at DCE at 1.25million.... hodko is worth the least of them all??

is this forum turning in the facebook page??

nimud
19-06-15, 09:33 AM
In all honesty, I'd much prefer if we didn't sign Hodkinson unless he was on 500k or under, and for no more than 2 or 3 years. He simply about to reach his expiration date with his ongoing knee problems and I'd doubt he would give us consistent footy. However some of his experience would rub off on LG.

If Hodkinson wants to be paid overs, I'd much rather we sign a young up and coming half like Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino, Ben Hampton, Moses M'bye (looks doubtful now) or at least someone cheap who can just do the job for a year or two.

No, not Feeney. too injury prone, and never puts his hand up to lead the Knights in the reggies grade.

Sounds like he's already signed with the Sharks, but James Maloney is the ideal partner for Elgey.

Bayside Titan
19-06-15, 09:35 AM
i dont know where this concern for his knee has come from

he played 24 games in 2010,
22 in 2011
6 in 2012 - (that was his serious knee injury)
20 games in 2013 - every game after returning the knee in jury in round 6
25 last year plus 3 origin
and only missed games due to origin this year.

I don't think a player who has just made origin in last 12 months and a GF is nearing his expiration date. he has only had one injury affected season and hardly missed a game since.

now if we had a scale from 500k for Sezer, including 700k for maloney and ending at DCE at 1.25million.... hodko is worth the least of them all??

is this forum turning in the facebook page??

I would put Trents value at about $600-$650k but the stem cell treatments on his knees are a slight worry as I feel that there could be a slight risk with them. Your stats above don't lie so not sure where the criticism is coming from. Trent IMO could be a good pick up for us as he is never in the news for the wrong reasons and is only 26. Maloney is 29 so Trent has a slight advantage in youth.

It will be interesting to see if we sign him and for how long as I believe that will give us the clear picture of what the club in thinking in terms of the goals set for the club over the next 2-4 years. At the minute we have only seriously been linked to experience halves so that tells me that the club want results ASAP.

Also just on another player can anyone give any info on Keanu Dawson? Does he look like a good prospect for the club in the future?

Mexican titan
19-06-15, 09:43 AM

Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino - never heard of them. You are obviously happy to keep missing the finals for a few years to come.

Hail Sezer
19-06-15, 09:48 AM
Jaelen Feeney, Mason Lino - never heard of them. You are obviously happy to keep missing the finals for a few years to come.

I've heard of and seen them both play plenty of footy over the last 3 years...

...huge no to them both. Mason is lucky to be playing NSW cup over here. I'd rather we fielded Zillman in the halves 100% srs. I'd take our U18 halfback over them both

I'd be fine with Hodko. He'd be the rock so that LG can do his thing and let's be honest, whoever plays on the right has a pretty easy role - kick, tackle...and give early ball to James Roberts.

Maloney has become unobtainable at 700k/yr and partnering LG with another rookie is too risky and I don't want a Tigers situation. We've got Josh Fauid, Schwass, Lawton, Brimson all coming through the lower grades who can fill that Rookie role alongside LG in a few years time once Hokko hangs up the boots. No more risk in that approach than there is with banking on a rookie now.

lonegull
19-06-15, 09:57 AM
Couldn't agree more with HS, we need someone with experience and looks like Maloney has proved himself out, hodgko is that level headed player we need plus can kick goals

Smakked
19-06-15, 10:27 AM
We cant afford to have someone in the halves that needs to learn , if we don,t make a good run into the finals over the next few years there will be no support form the Fans, we need a good solid half and i rate Hodgkinson or Maloney the men to do it.

JunctionBlock
19-06-15, 11:16 AM
Both Hodko or BBQ will head overseas before accepting $450k.

RenegadeGC
19-06-15, 11:49 AM
http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/nrl-off-contract-17-made-up-of-hottest-available-stars-in-the-comp-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227405431582?from=public_rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

some fair players off contract or still unsigned for next year.

K2G
19-06-15, 11:56 AM
Maloney to announce he's signed with the sharks today according to Weidler and Ch9 news.

RenegadeGC
19-06-15, 12:00 PM
Maloney to announce he's signed with the sharks today according to Weidler and Ch9 news.

Yeah just seen some tweets about breaking rugby league news to announced soon

DavidBouveng
19-06-15, 01:54 PM
yeah no one is gettig hodko for 450. i can handle paying him 550 though

Bayside Titan
19-06-15, 02:06 PM
Maloney off the market so unless we throw $700 k at Mbye looks like Hodgkinson is it. Unless the Cornish rumours are true.

Mexican titan
19-06-15, 05:59 PM
Maloney off the market so unless we throw $700 k at Mbye looks like Hodgkinson is it. Unless the Cornish rumours are true.

Just hope we get him now that Maloney has signed elsewhere. If we end up missing them all, it will be a disaster. Cornish is certainly not the answer.

Supergoose
19-06-15, 06:26 PM
Is there anyone else a bit left of centre that may be a halves option for us? Maybe a skillful backrower or centre that was a half growing up and has been playing NRL? Just curious to see if anyone has some other ideas? I always thought Dylan Farrell might make a good five-eighth as he is very skillful.

Hail Sezer
19-06-15, 06:30 PM
Is there anyone else a bit left of centre that may be a halves option for us? Maybe a skillful backrower or centre that was a half growing up and has been playing NRL? Just curious to see if anyone has some other ideas? I always thought Dylan Farrell might make a good five-eighth as he is very skillful.

No no no not this path

Mexican titan
19-06-15, 07:27 PM
No no no not this path

Absolutely. It is Hodgo or Mbye .........or bust.

TitanSam
19-06-15, 07:46 PM
Absolutely. It is Hodgo or Mbye .........or bust.I second this. HODKO I think could be being chased by Roosters and maybe Knights I heard? Not good sources but I think Roosters will want to bring through Hastings so their out, and Knights... Well who knows, but I'm sure we're front runners though.

2016 potential backline
1. Hoffman
2. Don
3. Roberts
4. Zillman/MacDonald
5. Mead
6. Elgey
7. Hodkinson

Or...

1. Mead
2. Don
3. Roberts