TitansFan92
31-08-14, 03:55 PM
We are well and truly ****ED for this game after today's game

DIEHARD
31-08-14, 04:14 PM
This could be a bloodbath!

K4SE
31-08-14, 04:26 PM
When will this ever season end! It will be a great way to spend Father's Day!

TITAN PETE
31-08-14, 06:23 PM
I'm only going to say thank you to Harro,Minni & probably Bails

teke
31-08-14, 07:02 PM
It seems the result of this game may surprise some ppl but be assured the Titans will get hammered.

Titan4Life
31-08-14, 08:42 PM
Have plenty of Doggies fans as friends. Might turn off phone, emails etc next Sunday hahaha

C-Whiz
01-09-14, 02:39 PM
I'm only going to say thank you to Harro,Minni & probably Bails

I think apologies will be more fitting. :frown:

- - - Updated - - -

I will go into this game the same as I felt for the last 20 minutes of the NZ game, which is I'm pretty sure we have no chance, so I will just relax and enjoy it for what it is. Hopefully the Titans will run around in circles, occasionally taking on the line and giving me a level of excitement in the hope they might actually score some points.

Geeman
01-09-14, 04:13 PM
Maybe they could play the Benny Hill theme music as the boys run around :doh:

DIEHARD
02-09-14, 01:40 AM
Gold Coast Titans face tough ask to send Luke Bailey out a winner

Skipper Greg Bird admits slumping Gold Coast face a huge task if they are to send stalwart Luke Bailey into retirement as winner.

Pummelled 42-0 by the Warriors in Auckland on Sunday, the Titans returned home on Monday to news 34-year-old former Test prop Bailey will call it quits following Sunday's season-ending final-round home match against Canterbury.

Bailey, one of the first players signed by the Titans before their inaugural 2007 campaign, is retiring after 14 seasons in the top grade following his debut with St George Illawarra.

Bailey missed the drubbing by the Warriors with a neck injury but is expected to take the field against the Bulldogs for his 151st match for the Titans and 270th NRL appearance.

Bird said the club would find it hard to replace the leadership of Bailey, a veteran of four Tests for Australia and 15 State of Origin matches for NSW.

'He's going to be missed not just by me but by everyone at the club," Bird said.

Bailey joins Ashley Harrison (retired) and England-bound Mark Minichiello as three vastly experienced forwards who won't be at the Titans' next season.

Bird, who could miss the match against the Bulldogs after being slapped with a grade-one dangerous-throw charge following the Warriors game, says delivering a positive result for the veteran trio will be tough. The 14th-placed Titans have won just twice at home this season

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

timor 2
02-09-14, 01:33 PM
Titans
1 William Zillman
2 Kalifa Faifai Loa
3 James Roberts
4 Brad Takairangi
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Daniel Mortimer
8 Luke Bailey
9 Beau Falloon
10 Matthew White
11 Mark Minichiello
12 Dave Taylor
13 Paul Carter

Interchange
14 Mark Ioane
15 Tom Kingston
16 Steve Michaels
17 David Mead
18 Maurice Blair

Coach: Neil Henry

teke
02-09-14, 01:36 PM
3 outside backs on the bench.

Titan4Life
02-09-14, 01:46 PM
3 outside backs on the bench.

Do we have any forwards left??

teke
02-09-14, 01:54 PM
Do we have any forwards left??

There is one in the centres

Titanic
02-09-14, 03:17 PM
I am looking forward to seeing how we'll go without Bird? But I am pleased not to see Nelson there ... I hope that Zillman will get hooked for Mead at some stage too.

DIEHARD
02-09-14, 04:24 PM
I just hope Zillman gets replaced for Mead.

Does Mead deserve to be benched? Is he not fully fit?

DIEHARD
02-09-14, 04:30 PM
Round 26 Team Announcement

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Coach Des Hasler has today named his side to take on the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Sunday afternoon with five-eighth Josh Reynolds a notable inclusion in the side.

Reynolds has missed the past three matches after being suspended following the Round 22 match against the Broncos in Brisbane. Reynolds comes back into the side at his favoured five-eighth position with Moses Mbye shifting back on to the interchange bench. Dale Finucane accepted the early guilty plea for his dangerous throw on Rabbitohs forward Jason Clark and will miss just the one match.

The Bulldogs head into Round 26 in seventh position with the side needing a win to secure their spot in the top eight.

Forward Aiden Tolman realises the importance of Sunday’s match.

“We need to win and it’s not going to be easy up there,” Tolman said.

“They are going to want to perform in front of their home fans for the final time this year but we need the win, it is as simple as that.”

Source: http://www.bulldogs.com.au

1. Sam Perrett
2. Corey Thompson
3. Josh Morris
4. Timoteo Lafai
5. Mitch Brown
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Reni Maitua
15. David Klemmer
16. Pat O'Hanlon
17. Moses Mbye
19. Harlan Alaalatoa

ozynorts
02-09-14, 08:04 PM
I think there are some on here with short memories. It wasn't that long ago that Zillman was being crucified because he didn't come back through ISC after injury and yet here are people demanding the Mead does exactly that. One rule for all is one of the things that a lot of people asked for as part of the change we wanted. That means exactly that, one rule for all. NO FAVOURITES. All players coming back from injury should have to prove their fitness through the ISC or none have to.

teke
02-09-14, 08:08 PM
I think there are some on here with short memories. It wasn't that long ago that Zillman was being crucified because he didn't come back through ISC after injury and yet here are people demanding the Mead does exactly that. One rule for all is one of the things that a lot of people asked for as part of the change we wanted. That means exactly that, one rule for all. NO FAVOURITES. All players coming back from injury should have to prove their fitness through the ISC or none have to.exactly, so why is Mead playing?

ozynorts
02-09-14, 08:11 PM
exactly, so why is Mead playing?

Feck knows mate.

Mr Stupid
03-09-14, 08:22 AM
I think there are some on here with short memories. It wasn't that long ago that Zillman was being crucified because he didn't come back through ISC after injury and yet here are people demanding the Mead does exactly that. One rule for all is one of the things that a lot of people asked for as part of the change we wanted. That means exactly that, one rule for all. NO FAVOURITES. All players coming back from injury should have to prove their fitness through the ISC or none have to.

Yes one rule for all...except Zilly.

C-Whiz
03-09-14, 09:27 AM
I think it's fair to say there is a big difference between players who are playing consistently borderline first grade quality before they get injured and players who are in career best form before they get injured.

Neil Henry has nothing to gain by dropping the VC on the last game of the season, but also has nothing to lose by picking the best players in the best positions for his game plan in 2015.

Taka must start 2nd row for this game or off the bench.

Titanic
03-09-14, 09:32 AM
I think you are all forgetting something ... we had to get an exemption for Kingston to be able to play at all, so I think the issue is more about the number of eligible players rather than selection criteria at this stage ... if you then accept that both Taylor and Bailey are only marginal then Gilly may have to saddle-up.

karnage
03-09-14, 10:46 AM
So Lafai's first name is Timoteo... who knew??

This is the last hurrah of a truly horrendous situation. Discussing team selections now is just shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic - this season has s(t)unk.

Let's just head in, drink beer and eat Twisties as they run around, wave goodbye to some stalwarts and then head home to think about something else for a couple of months. For me that will be horse racing and NFL (it would be MLB if I didn't support a team as bad as the Mets!!) and after the stink has worn off we can look forward to 2015.

DIEHARD
03-09-14, 11:35 AM
I think you are all forgetting something ... we had to get an exemption for Kingston to be able to play at all, so I think the issue is more about the number of eligible players rather than selection criteria at this stage ... if you then accept that both Taylor and Bailey are only marginal then Gilly may have to saddle-up.

Good point. I forgot about that.

ozynorts
03-09-14, 11:42 AM
For me that will be horse racing and NFL (it would be MLB if I didn't support a team as bad as the Mets!!) and after the stink has worn off we can look forward to 2015.

Who is your NFL team mate? Eagles man here.

DIEHARD
03-09-14, 12:33 PM
I follow the ABL and the Bandits. MLB too.

Numbers
03-09-14, 12:43 PM
For me that will be horse racing and NFL (it would be MLB if I didn't support a team as bad as the Mets!!) and after the stink has worn off we can look forward to 2015.

Who is your NFL team mate? Eagles man here.

Big fan of the NFL. Not a hard core supporter of any particular team - though I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Packers as they are the only non-profit, community-owned team in any of the US major league sports.

Mr Stupid
03-09-14, 01:43 PM
Big fan of the NFL. Not a hard core supporter of any particular team - though I do have a bit of a soft spot for the Packers as they are the only non-profit, community-owned team in any of the US major league sports.

Sorry are we playing Canterbury Bankstown or Green Bay this weekend?:D

Smakked
03-09-14, 01:53 PM
GO PACKERS!!!!!

Numbers
03-09-14, 02:11 PM
Sorry are we playing Canterbury Bankstown or Green Bay this weekend?:D

Just the end of a loooooong season... :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
04-09-14, 04:23 AM
Titans v Bulldogs
Cbus Super Stadium Sunday, 3pm

The spirited Sharks may have done Bulldogs coach Des Hasler a favour on Monday night because as the shortest-priced favourites in a cliff-hanger weekend finale for the regular season, almost everyone expects Canterbury to come out on top.

That in itself should sound alarm bells all throughout Belmore.

It's not that the Titans don't have anything to play for; they just don't have anyone left to play for them.

Greg Bird has joined his fellow co-captain Nate Myles on the sideline courtesy of a one-week suspension stemming from last Sunday's shut-out against the Warriors while Maroons tearaway Dave Taylor has been named in the second row but remains in doubt with a calf strain.

Luke Bailey is back for one week only, the foundation Titan announcing on Monday that 2014 would be his final season of rugby league and this his 270th and final game. Fellow founding forward Mark Minichiello is also on his way out – headed for two years in the English Super League – while Ashley Harrison will also figure in the tributes having chosen to retire earlier in the season due to a neck injury.

Gold Coast fans have not had the pleasure of cheering their team to victory since Round 6 and only found out on Tuesday afternoon that Neil Henry would be coaching their team for the next three years, but perhaps it is the Bulldogs under the most pressure.

Their only victories over the past seven weeks have come against the Eels and Wests Tigers and having been one of the best sides through the middle of the season now face the very scary prospect of missing the finals altogether if they don't dispose of the Titans.

If the Broncos and Warriors were to both win and the 'Dogs lost, they would get the rest of the year off, but a win – and losses by the Storm and Cowboys – and the boys from Belmore can secure a home final for Week One by finishing as high as fifth.

Josh Reynolds makes his return at five-eighth after serving a three-week suspension with Moses Mbye dropping back to a five-man bench. Harlan Alaalatoa has also been included on the bench following the one-week suspension handed down to Dale Finucane.

Taylor and Bailey are the new additions in the starting side although Brad Takairangi has been shifted back to the centres with David Mead named on the bench. Steve Michaels and Maurice Blair are also on the five-man bench with Cody Nelson having played his final game for the club before joining the Eels, ruled out with a hamstring injury.

Watch Out Titans: The last time Tim Lafai faced a defensive unit with very little to play for he made 15 – yes, 15! – tackle breaks against the Wests Tigers. Marking up on a player in David Mead who has played just four games in the centres in his entire career, Lafai will fancy his chances of doing some damage with his footwork and that big, powerful fend he possesses. Having struggled to earn a permanent place in the 'Dogs starting team over the past three seasons, Lafai has made 20 appearances in 2014 and his 98 tackle breaks ranks him sixth in the NRL in that category. He was near unstoppable against the Tigers two weeks ago and although Mead did an admirable job on Konrad Hurrell last week, it's another tough assignment facing him on Sunday.

Watch Out Bulldogs: After 269 games in the toughest rugby league competition in the world, this is the last game of footy Luke Bailey will ever play; don't you think he's going to give it everything he's got left in his 34-year-old body. A foundation player with the Titans, the decision to retire after Sunday has only been made in the past two weeks and given he missed last Sunday's shellacking in New Zealand with a neck injury, expect the big 'Bull' to roar one last time. In 18 games this season Bailey is averaging 101.5 metres and 28 tackles per game but is yet to cross for a four-pointer; he's got 80 minutes against the Dogs to improve on all of those numbers.

Plays To Watch: Des Hasler knows his team doesn't need to revert to niggling tactics to get over the top of the Titans; they just need to concentrate all their energies into smashing holes behind the Titans markers. Once they do that, there will be space on the edges for the likes of Tim Lafai, Josh Jackson and Tony Williams to create havoc. Key for Titans is to enjoy an even share of possession in the opening stages in order to build into the contest. Errors gifted the Warriors eight of the first nine sets of the game last Sunday and at 12-0 down and gassed from having to do so much tackling Gold Coast could barely find the energy to throw any effective punches in attack.

Where It Will Be Won: There is a deadly combination when you look at the statistics that suggest the Titans may spend much of the game on the back foot: No team has made more metres than the Bulldogs in 2014 while Gold Coast's defence concedes more metres than all but the Sharks. The Titans have missed more tackles than any other team while the Bulldogs' defence is the third best in the NRL for that stat. If the Titans don't man up in the middle against a powerful Canterbury pack, the big boppers might just run roughshod.

History: Played 10; Titans 5; Bulldogs 5. Given their respective finishing positions on the ladder the past two seasons it is surprising that the Titans have won their past two encounters with the Bulldogs yet they haven't defeated Canterbury on the Gold Coast since Round 3, 2009. With four of the meetings having been played in Brisbane as part of a double-header, the Bulldogs boast the most recent win at Robina, a 30-20 victory in Round 5, 2012.

What are the Odds: The most one-sided betting game of the round with Sportsbet. Around 95% of the money is on the Bulldogs ($1.34) head-to-head, with the Titans friendless at $3.15. Latest odds at Sportsbet.com.au.

Match Officials: Referee: Ben Cummins; Assistant Referee: Henry Perenara; Touch Judges: Jeff Younis and Anthony Eliott; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton and Luke Phillips.

Televised: Channel Nine – Delayed 4pm

How We See It: In this topsy-turvy season we should expect the unexpected but there is simply too much on the line for the Bulldogs not to conjure a victory here one way or another. They looked sensational in the first 40 minutes against a hapless Tigers outfit a fortnight ago and if they can get through an emotional opening from the Titans may stumble upon the path of least resistance. Having watched their season spiral into oblivion the Titans have been looking for the finish line for a couple of weeks; let's see if the remaining troops can muster one last stand. Bulldogs by 16.

Source: http://www.nrl.com

teke
04-09-14, 06:54 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y253/teke/michaels1.gif (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/teke/media/michaels1.gif.html)

Go get em Stevie !!!!!!!

Titan4Life
05-09-14, 04:55 PM
Sad news with Bull Bailey to miss this game. Thanks for your contributions over the years mate.

DIEHARD
05-09-14, 07:24 PM
Sad news with Bull Bailey to miss this game. Thanks for your contributions over the years mate.

Ah damn... that is news to me. Bad news.

Was talking on the phone to my mum about how highly be both thought of Luke.

Hail Sezer
06-09-14, 08:14 PM
Guys if you want to get a pre-titans game glimpse of some of our youngsters like Jamal Fogarty then catch the Live Steam at 2pm your time tomorrow as Tweed take on Ipswich. This will be available on www.qrl.com.au I believe! Finals football as well, should be a cracker

Titanic
06-09-14, 09:32 PM
Thanks HS, that coverage has been the highlight of my season.

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 01:38 PM
I'm really hoping for a decent game to see off the season. Will the Dogs be primed for Finals football and flog us?

Today we say goodbye to Ash, Luke and Mini.

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 01:42 PM
Bulldogs Coach Des Hasler has finalised his side for the match against the Titans this afternoon at Cbus Super Stadium.

Kick-off will be at 3pm with coverage delayed on Channel 9 from 4pm (Sydney time).

The side is as follows:

1. Sam Perrett
2. Corey Thompson
3. Josh Morris
4. Tim Lafai
5. Mitch Brown
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Michael Ennis ©
10. James Graham
11. Josh Jackson
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Reni Maitua
15. Frank Pritchard
16. David Klemmer
17. Pat O’Hanlon

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 01:43 PM
I need to catch a ferry to Macau bit Im delaying that, so don't let me down Titans.

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 01:44 PM
Centre Josh Morris has spoken ahead of the clash with the Gold Coast Titans on Sunday about the importance on winning.

<script height="350px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=xzcncycDrVJxgJgTl_0uYhoA3icr2vcD&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 01:47 PM

Late Mail - Titans v Bulldogs
l
Mead starts in the centres, Takairangi goes to the back row, Minichiello to prop for Bailey (neck). Taylor drops back to the bench and Kingston starts. Caleb Binge joins the bench and Maurice Blair drops out.

The final team to take on the Bulldogs at 3pm this afternoon are:

1 William Zillman
2 Kalifa Faifai Loa
3 James Roberts
17 David Mead
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Daniel Mortimer
11 Mark Minichiello
9 Beau Falloon
10 Matthew White
4 Brad Takairangi
15 Tom Kingston
13 Paul Carter

Interchange
14 Mark Ioane
12 Dave Taylor
16 Steve Michaels
19 Caleb Binge

Coach: Neil Henry

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 01:54 PM
OK who let the creepy clowns into the stadium?

Thank god this isnt a night game...

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 02:04 PM
Bulldogs run out first... Titans walked out by Luke Bailey and Mark Minichiello.

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 02:05 PM
Mark will captain the side for today's match.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 02:05 PM
Come on boys! Do it for Mini, Harro and Bails!

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 02:06 PM
Titans battling against what would be a club record 7th straight loss. We have also only won 2 of our last 15 matches.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 02:20 PM
Dogs score first through Lafai
4-0 Bulldogs KTC | 10 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Hodkinson converts.
6-0 Bulldogs | 11 mins

- - - Updated - - -

James Graham barges over for the Doggies.
10-0 Bulldogs KTC | 13 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Kick good by Hodkinson from in front.
12-0 Doggies | 15 mins

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 02:29 PM
I gotta go, gonna have to check the replay. Good luck Titans.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 02:52 PM
Reno Maitua turns Roberts inside out and scores for the Dogs. Bad defence by Roberts there.
16-0 Bulldogs KTC | 36 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Hodkinson coverts.
18-0 Bulldogs | 37 mins

- - - Updated - - -

HALF TIME: 18-0 Bulldogs

The boys playing lazy and uncoordinated once again. Dogs ripping us apart so far. Can't see a comeback from us.

teke
07-09-14, 03:03 PM
Reno Maitua turns Roberts inside out and scores for the Dogs. Bad defence by Roberts there.
16-0 Bulldogs KTC | 36 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Hodkinson coverts.
18-0 Bulldogs | 37 mins

- - - Updated - - -

HALF TIME: 18-0 Bulldogs

The boys playing lazy and uncoordinated once again. Dogs ripping us apart so far. Can't see a comeback from us.T4L, come on now...Roberts was marking a 20 mtr gap left by 2 idiots wanting a fight.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 03:06 PM
T4L, come on now...Roberts was marking a 20 mtr gap left by 2 idiots wanting a fight.

Sorry teke but I am only relying on radio since Channel 9 are ****wits.

gotitans101_
07-09-14, 03:11 PM
Yeah Sezer and Taylor wanted to fight which left Roberts out there on his own.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 03:30 PM
You know how disheartening and embarrassing it is hearing 'oh they knock it on' or 'forward pass by the Titans' EVERY SINGLE SET. Neil has some work to do that's for sure. This team is so bloody dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Sezer and Taylor wanted to fight which left Roberts out there on his own.

Ok. Apologies to Roberts and silly call by MMM radio commentators. What was Taylor and Sezer fighting about??

- - - Updated - - -

Titans score through KFFL after he catches a kick and grounds it.
4-18 Titans KTC | 52 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Sezer misses the kick.
4-18 Titans | 53 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Don runs length of the field after a mistake by the Ohs. James Graham was chasing hahaha :laugh:
8-18 Titans | 59 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Sezer converts from beside the posts. Come on Titans!
10-18 Titans | 61 mins

gotitans101_
07-09-14, 03:37 PM
thanks alot Zillman you dumbass.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 03:43 PM
Minichiello dives over in the corner and scores in his farewell game. The margin is now only 2 if Sezer converts. Great work by Taka to keep the ball alive.
14-18 Titans | 72 mins

Come on Titans!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sezer misses the kick.
14-18 Titans | 74 mins

Amazing scenes as Mini celebrates his farewell try.

Boonarga
07-09-14, 03:44 PM
Mead on the field and Zillman is still fullback. Says all I need to know about this club.
Here's hoping Wests dump the broke Tigers and I can get my real team back.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 03:55 PM
Mead on the field and Zillman is still fullback. Says all I need to know about this club.
Here's hoping Wests dump the broke Tigers and I can get my real team back.

Mate stop talking silly and wait unit next season. This season is pointless.

- - - Updated - - -

Taka scores for the Titans and may have won us the game. YEAHHHHHGG! Come on!!!
Titans 18-18 KTC | 78 mins

- - - Updated - - -

Mortimer misses it and the scores are locked. COME ON TITANS
18-18 Titans | 78 mins

- - - Updated - - -

FULL TIME: 18-18
Come on boys and do it for the departing players! I am shaking. Please win as I have many Doggies supporters as friends.

Mt Smart
07-09-14, 03:56 PM
How goods this ?

Come on Titans !

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 03:58 PM
Taka knocks it on in our own half and that may be the game. FFS

- - - Updated - - -

Hodkinson misses the field goal! We have the ball. Just play it safe, no silly offloads.
18-18

Mt Smart
07-09-14, 03:59 PM
Missed !!!!

Can't take much more of this come on !!!

rj62
07-09-14, 04:00 PM
Come on boys

gotitans101_
07-09-14, 04:01 PM
omfg Zillman wtf

Titan4Life
WE WIN AFTER ZILLY KICKS A FIELD GOAL!
19-18 we win!

Farewell Mini, Bails and Harro

rj62
You F*****G BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!

Mt Smart
07-09-14, 04:02 PM
ZILMANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!

HAHA THAT WILL DO ME....." WHAT A FAMOUS VICTORY THE COMMENTATORS SCREAM "

amaline
07-09-14, 04:02 PM
Helps out my vBookie account...

teke
07-09-14, 04:03 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZillly

Squinter98
07-09-14, 04:03 PM
Give him another 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol but yessss

DIEHARD
07-09-14, 04:05 PM

OH YES!!! I scream and fist pump on a busy Hong Kong train. Everyone staring at me like I'm crazy. Wow!

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 04:15 PM
That was such an exciting finish! In the first half we were lazy and unenthusiastic but that changed in the second half.

Don and KFFL both had good games. One is not afraid to run the ball hard and the other is quick and puts in 110%.

Ioane, Kingston and Mini were our best forwards. All made the metres and got through a ton of work. Great heart shown especially by Mini.

Zilly made plenty of metres and came up with the match winner but he should not be our future fullback.

GO TITANS!

Hail Sezer
07-09-14, 04:20 PM
Great way to finish the season

Ioane was unbelievable, as was Mini.

Onwards to 2015!

gotitans101_
07-09-14, 04:29 PM
Ioane and Mini were the standouts for me, didn't think Taka played a bad game either.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 04:31 PM
Just to prove Ioane was great:
Runs - 15
Metres - 190
Tackles - 29

Unbelievable stuff from a bench player who struggled to get a run under Carty. Well done Mark!

karnage
07-09-14, 04:38 PM
I don't think it can be underestimated what a great win this is for the entire club. That second half was just so much fun. We have to remember who we are. We are the underdogs who stay in every game through effort. That's what we got today, effort. And it was Mini who led from the front.

I'm honestly excited for next year. We may only be an 8 or 10 win team next year but I really feel like we have come up from the bottom after today.

GCTTSD
07-09-14, 04:39 PM
I think mortimer would make a great hooker

karnage
07-09-14, 04:40 PM
Runs - 15
Metres - 190
Tackles - 29

Unbelievable stuff from a bench player who struggled to get a run under Carty. Well done Mark!

Great numbers. We don't need Bird. We don't need Myles. We need guys like him who try hard.

lonegull
07-09-14, 05:06 PM
Wow what a win, the boys showed today they have got hearts and played with a lot of passion, seems that they were never going to give up no matter what, great win you beauty

Boonarga
07-09-14, 05:13 PM
Zillman huh? Great second half by all the team. It seems like Henry told them to just go out and have fun.
What was with the penalty at half time? The touchie put his flag up. That's the end of play. Ref can't overrule him.

TITAN PETE
07-09-14, 05:41 PM
Can't remember being so excited at that Stadium since our 1st year there , great comeback & it all came on the back of Mortimer going to dummy half , fantastic 2nd half from Taka but I thought it was Binge,Ioane & Kingston that made a great impact in the match & it was a fitting & deserved Man of the Match performance from Mini, he was excellent.....was it just me that thought Sezar was Bulldogs best for the game...

Great way to end the season & get that Cartwright taste of Bad Play out of mouths bring on 2015 👍

Ausphin
07-09-14, 06:04 PM
Really happy for the players and more importantly the supporters to go out that way. I'm optimistic about next year, but think it will take a couple of offseasons to get Henry the roster he wants.

Some observations-

FB - I know i am in the minority but i still think Zillman is our fullback. Defensively he is really sound, but his timing in hitting holes and reading offloads needs work.

Wingers - Don must be in the team. Are set with him and Mead , with Gordo and KFFL waiting in the wings (pardon the pun)

Centres - real hole here. James Roberts is dangerous when he gets clean ball, but no one else obvious for the other spot. Wont be fixed next year, but i would look to a player like Dane Gagai after next year ( would happily send Bird back home in a swap for Gagai next year. ) Taka is not a centre.

Halves - massive question marks. A year ago i was excited to build a team around Sezer but he has really dropped off this year. Mortimer is servicable but looks better at 9. Kelly for me should be an impact player off the bench.

Front Rowers - am happy with a rotation of Douglas, Iaone, James and Hennant (sounds like he is coming) with White and maybe Binge as depth. Dont want Myles in front row.

Hooker - hoping Srama is back healthy, maybe Mortimer depending on what we do in the halves. Falloon tries hard but seems to stall our attack.

Back rowers- fine with our 2 young signings and Myles, Bird, Taylor, Carter and Ridge. Not sure Kingston is up to NRL standard. Was found wanting in the first half today.

Not sure where Taka fits. As i stated earlier, not a centre, but can be an arm grabber in defence and is not typical workhorse backrower. No doubts though the guy is a player and at times looks like our most dangerous weapon which is pretty disturbing.

Either way, happy with the win and excited to see where next year takes us.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 06:14 PM
Really happy for the players and more importantly the supporters to go out that way. I'm optimistic about next year, but think it will take a couple of offseasons to get Henry the roster he wants.

Some observations-

FB - I know i am in the minority but i still think Zillman is our fullback. Defensively he is really sound, but his timing in hitting holes and reading offloads needs work.

Wingers - Don must be in the team. Are set with him and Mead , with Gordo and KFFL waiting in the wings (pardon the pun)

Centres - real hole here. James Roberts is dangerous when he gets clean ball, but no one else obvious for the other spot. Wont be fixed next year, but i would look to a player like Dane Gagai after next year ( would happily send Bird back home in a swap for Gagai next year. ) Taka is not a centre.

Halves - massive question marks. A year ago i was excited to build a team around Sezer but he has really dropped off this year. Mortimer is servicable but looks better at 9. Kelly for me should be an impact player off the bench.

Front Rowers - am happy with a rotation of Douglas, Iaone, James and Hennant (sounds like he is coming) with White and maybe Binge as depth. Dont want Myles in front row.

Hooker - hoping Srama is back healthy, maybe Mortimer depending on what we do in the halves. Falloon tries hard but seems to stall our attack.

Back rowers- fine with our 2 young signings and Myles, Bird, Taylor, Carter and Ridge. Not sure Kingston is up to NRL standard. Was found wanting in the first half today.

Not sure where Taka fits. As i stated earlier, not a centre, but can be an arm grabber in defence and is not typical workhorse backrower. No doubts though the guy is a player and at times looks like our most dangerous weapon which is pretty disturbing.

Either way, happy with the win and excited to see where next year takes us.

I agreed with many things in your post but:

-Zilly is not 'defensively sound' most of the time. He misses some crucial tackles on our line.
-I thought Kingston had a great game and got through a load of work.
-I think Taka is a second rower. He played good there today, ran hard and can be creative at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's have a vote: Like my comment if you think Mortimer should be our hooker.

K2G
07-09-14, 06:16 PM
I think Mortimer is a better hooker than he is a half.

Ausphin
07-09-14, 06:25 PM
I agreed with many things in your post but:

-Zilly is not 'defensively sound' most of the time. He misses some crucial tackles on our line.
-I thought Kingston had a great game and got through a load of work.
-I think Taka is a second rower. He played good there today, ran hard and can be creative at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's have a vote: Like my comment if you think Mortimer should be our hooker.

Agree to disagree about Zillman's defence.

Two of the tries for the Bulldogs were because Kingston dropped off defensively back inside.

Also would have loved it in that play before half-time if we had of scored off that ridiculous play by Josh Reynolds. What an a-grade tool.

karnage
07-09-14, 06:27 PM
Runs - 15
Metres - 190
Tackles - 29

Great numbers. We don't need Bird. We don't need Myles. We need guys like him who try hard.

Mexican titan
07-09-14, 06:33 PM
Thanks Titans. I went and watched Manly in Townsville last night and at half time today the jump from the back of the stand was looking good. Forty amazing minutes changed it all.
As Titan pete said the bad taste of the Carty era was fixed today.

Hail Sezer
07-09-14, 06:42 PM
Agree with the majority of discussion in here. Ioane was outstanding and he deserves to be in our 17 week in week out. Mini also played a fantastic game and it was cool to send him out a winner in that fashion.

Mortimer was 10x better than Falloon at 9 which was incredibly awkward really. I'm hoping Srama has a good off season and can cement his spot in the team because IMO a lot of our problems in attack begin with Falloon's service.

Sezer was poor all round as well and didn't like to pass the ball outside him as per. Hoping an off season under a new coach will get more out of him and I'm looking forward to that.

Nice field goal by Zilly but besides that, he was terrible IMO. Gonna leave it there though because I really don't want to take away from the win. Was a fantastic result and seeing the team come together like they did after the win was superb.

Titanic
07-09-14, 07:19 PM
Zillman for president but not fullback ... he was ordinary again fg aside. Ioane was class but is too small really and Don was Don ... otherwise the rest were as always except Minichiello who had a dream send-off. Bring on next year.

JunctionBlock
07-09-14, 07:31 PM
That second half was epic. Don't know how the kids organised it but what a fantastic Fathers Day present.

Worrying signs for me is the across field plays, it's like having Prince back out there. We need someone to take the ball to the line. If Henry is an attacking coach where is our attack? We don't score if not from individual brilliance or determination. Loved seeing Mortimer at hooker thought we looked better, except for Takarangi moving to the halves. First time I have honestly watched Taka in a 2nd row position and he was non existent in the first half, even being subbed before our prop rotation. When he did get involved in the second half he was fantastic, then he caught dumb from Reynolds and the rush went to his head and he thought he was JT and potentially cost us the game. Massive game for Mini and that can be said about him for the entire year, he gave 100% even after not being offered a contract. Ioane, for a small bloke has a lot of go. Can't wait to see him next year, one to watch for sure. Zillman, terrible for 83 and a half minutes but I do feel for him with the relaxed defence leaving him exposed constantly, but his lines, timing and ball handling aren't good enough for NRL.

Anyway, what a finish and what a great way to finish the season. Loved sitting there surrounded by Bulldogs fans to then absolutely give it to them at full time. Got some great bargains at the merchandise store too, so all good. Can't wait for Round 1 team list now.

Mexican titan
07-09-14, 07:31 PM
I am glad Zilly kicked the winning field goal as he seems a nice bloke and deserves some good. That said my recall of him today was dropping the ball when we had half chances and him frequently flashing past on the inside of a tackled player - obviously too late to be in position when needed. We need a far better attacking option there but it's all been said before.

Titan4Life
07-09-14, 07:46 PM
Zillman's good plays today was the field goal, the magical pick up on our line and the inside lines he ran at times.

teke
07-09-14, 09:33 PM
It was such a horrible game with an exciting end.

Zillman has made over 100 linebreaks this yr and only once has he had control of the ball.

Next yr is full of hope, bring it on

TITAN PETE
08-09-14, 05:54 AM
HUMBLE HASLER APOLOGISES TO DOGS FANS
Bulldogs
September 7, 2014 27512
BULLDOGS coach Des Hasler insists there are no excuses for his side’s capitulation to the Titans at CBUS Super Stadium after leading 18-nil at half-time.

The Titans won 19-18 in golden point extra time after Canterbury turned in one of their worst halves of football in recent memory.

Asked about his side’s second half performance Hasler concedes it was “very poor”.

“We had no ball, but that was our own fault,” he says.

“I feel a bit sorry for our fans today to tell you the truth.

“We had the game within our grasp.

“But here are no excuses.”

“It was certainly nothing like the footy we played last week against Souths.

“But it’s something that we are going to have to let go and move on from.”

Hasler was not concerned about star back-rower Tony Williams being placed on report for a late and high shot on Aidan Sezer.

“I think he should be OK,” Hasler says.

“A penalty should be sufficient.”

- JOEL GOULD

- - - Updated - - -

I think Hasler is kidding himself about T-Rex ​he won't be playing semi finals...

teke
08-09-14, 12:17 PM
Can't remember being so excited at that Stadium since our 1st year there , great comeback & it all came on the back of Mortimer going to dummy half , fantastic 2nd half from Taka but I thought it was Binge,Ioane & Kingston that made a great impact in the match & it was a fitting & deserved Man of the Match performance from Mini, he was excellent.....was it just me that thought Sezar was Bulldogs best for the game...

Great way to end the season & get that Cartwright taste of Bad Play out of mouths bring on 2015 👍Sezer was terrible, he's a big liability in defence and makes the man either side of him uneasy. I think he was the doggies best

C-Whiz
08-09-14, 12:54 PM
Anyone else wondering why we have 2 captains and a VC, yet when both captains are out we promote Mini. Sure, last game and all, but it makes me think the coach and the players wouldn't want TP running the show.

Also makes me wonder if either of the regular 2 captains are helping the cause. Just saying the words "2 captains" reminds me how ridiculous the situation is.

DIEHARD
08-09-14, 04:11 PM
Well Mini was captain as an honour for his last game. But agree we need one captain.

JunctionBlock
08-09-14, 05:43 PM
Just watching the replay after watching it at the grounds. He was great to watch live but to get a chance to watch him again, when is James Grahams contract up and how much??????? Best prop in the NRL by a mile.

DavidBouveng
08-09-14, 07:10 PM
watched the replay and agree with most sentiments - ioane, mini great, mortimer our best handler by a long way, although i REALLY liked Taka sweeping behind the lead runner and then delivering to the short runner or giving it to the second man. He showed some footwork and a set of soft hands, that Sezer, Kelly and Zillman could all learn from. thought he was just behind the ioane and mini as best on field for us.

Don is a starting winger every week, and we showed there is at least something to work with in the squad if the young guys are given chances and the big names earn their place. We definitely didnt miss Myles or Bird today.

Well done to Zillman for kicking the field goal. would have been a great feeling for him. but although he had a decent touch or two besides the FG, he mostly over ran passes and made a few errors. hope he enjoyed the day but we move in another direction next year.

sezers goal kicking was one of his last remaining upsides...:ugh:

teke
08-09-14, 07:14 PM
You can't leave Bird n Myles outta the squad.

They do way too much great defensive work that the others can't.

Supergoose
08-09-14, 07:19 PM
Sezer impressing the Australian selectors earning a spot in the train-on squad with Taylor and Bird. Hopefully he gets a lot out of it and he would still be rusty after his extended stay on the sidelines. On the Myles/Bird in the squad thing - they definitely have to be there, it's just a matter of having a coach that can get their involvement at the right level - in other words, not too much of a good thing.

teke
08-09-14, 07:49 PM
I gotta ask, how does Sezer get in that squad. He's been ordinary

Mexican titan
08-09-14, 07:58 PM

Gotta agree there. I can understand them picking young blokes with potential for the experience but I couldn't even say that Sezer has shown potential this year. Perhaps the Aust selectors and coach think he has been the victim of poor coaching and that they can see something in him. If he doesn't kick on next year he will need to be moved on.
I am really hoping a full off season with a different coach will improve him a lot. Even his kicking game has gone right off.

Mexican titan
08-09-14, 07:58 PM

Edit - Double post

Titanic
09-09-14, 12:54 PM
Sezer is a media darling and plays more like a lock than a 6 ... how he makes the train-on side is bemusing to say the least.

karnage
09-09-14, 01:41 PM
You've got to look at the positives. He will get some quality coaching and get to see the level of professionalism that genuine representative players have. He does not get that from Bird.

TitanBear
10-09-14, 08:09 AM
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/09/08/unlikely_hero_among_many.html. Just want to say what a fantastic Win by team against all odds & most playing through injuries. This shows to me the great spirit within this team & a great "Team 1st" culture. This is a great positive for the club to finish this year & go into 2015 with positive vibes by ALL. I want to thank all players for their efforts this season, for Playing NRL is very very tough & although it is a supporters right to criticize players, it should be remembered that to play NRL is special & players should be respected, for most play tough & with injury that we don't know about. I just like being positive for all players especially after a great Win. GO TITANS (imo)

Titanic
10-09-14, 10:10 AM
Yeah Bear, you're right and it is no coincidence that squad did that without some of the "noise" that comes from our senior players who were not there ... good on 'em.

TitanBear
10-09-14, 10:21 AM
Also plus I like the way Neil Henry is already promoting our Juniors, and he is known to push, nuture & develop Club Juniors into good NRL players. It was seen on Sunday when young Coleman from 20s warmed up with NRL Squad and was 18 man for the game & was told got called into squad on Thursday and trained with team on Friday. good to see and is great sign for our Juniors, where we have some really good talent. imo :)

DIEHARD
11-09-14, 12:20 AM
Gold Coast Titans' Beau Falloon gets NRL judiciary downgrade

Gold Coast hooker Beau Falloon will be available for selection in the first NRL match of 2015 after having his dangerous throw charge downgraded at the judiciary on Wednesday night.

Falloon and team-mate Tom Kingston had been found guilty of a grade two dangerous throw after a tackle went awry on Canterbury five-eighth Josh Reynolds during the Titans' upset 19-18 win last Sunday in Robina.

Falloon had his charge dropped to a grade one offence and with 93 points he will not serve a suspension.

The news was not so good for Kingston, who failed in his downgrade attempt and will have to sit out three matches at the start of next season.

Fellow Titan Dave Taylor had also received a one-match ban from the same fixture.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/

mup23
11-09-14, 06:01 AM
Why did Falloon fight it? Wouldn't it have been better to miss a trial and have less carry over points?

karnage
11-09-14, 08:39 AM
Why did Falloon fight it? Wouldn't it have been better to miss a trial and have less carry over points?

I think you'll find that suspensions incurred in the NRL / Representative games do not apply to trials. So had he been suspended he would have been eligible for trials (unofficial fixtures) but then ineligible for the time of his suspension from week 1 onwards.

JunctionBlock
11-09-14, 08:56 AM
And Tony Williams doesn't even get sited. Bulldogs are untouchable at the judiciary this year.

Geeman
11-09-14, 07:11 PM
And Tony Williams doesn't even get sited. Bulldogs are untouchable at the judiciary this year.

This. Could not believe he walked away scott free

mup23
11-09-14, 09:53 PM
Have they changed it? Trials have always counted for suspensions

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/james-graham-suspended-for-12-weeks-by-the-nrl-judiciary-for-biting-billy-slater/

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/suspension-loophole-must-be-closed-20120906-25fc4.html

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/james-graham-suspended-for-12-weeks-by-the-nrl-judiciary-for-biting-billy-slater/

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/suspension-loophole-must-be-closed-20120906-25fc4.html

karnage
12-09-14, 08:55 AM
Wow... Ok, I was just going off assumed knowledge. Cheers.

ozynorts
12-09-14, 11:36 AM
https://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Welfare%20and%20Ed/NRLJudiciaryCodeofProcedure2014.pdf
Scroll down to page 42, section 44A.
Trials do not count towards suspensions anymore...........
I tried to copy and paste the relevant paragraphs but am not able to.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you'll find that suspensions incurred in the NRL / Representative games do not apply to trials. So had he been suspended he would have been eligible for trials (unofficial fixtures) but then ineligible for the time of his suspension from week 1 onwards.

- - - Updated - - -

mup23
12-09-14, 01:59 PM
https://www.nswrl.com.au/content/dam/nswrl/documents/Welfare%20and%20Ed/NRLJudiciaryCodeofProcedure2014.pdf
Scroll down to page 42, section 44A.
Trials do not count towards suspensions anymore...........
I tried to copy and paste the relevant paragraphs but am not able to.

- - - Updated - - -

Good stuff, it was stupid letting trials count towards suspensions. Also means the club and Falloon probably did the right thing