PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Soccer World Cup

DIEHARD
08-06-14, 04:33 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e8/WC-2014-Brasil.svg/640px-WC-2014-Brasil.svg.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_FIFA_World_Cup

DIEHARD
08-06-14, 04:34 AM
12 June to 13 July 2014. Not long now!

Mexican titan
08-06-14, 05:19 AM
Argentina to win with Belgium a good roughie.

TITAN PETE
08-06-14, 05:40 AM
Argentina to win with Belgium a good roughie.

Germany is my selection to win it but I have little hope that Australia will win a single match..

hatchy84
08-06-14, 08:32 AM
Argentina to win Uruguay a roughie

DIEHARD
08-06-14, 01:28 PM
I'll go for Germany and Australia and any underdogs that strike my fancy.

GCT_89
08-06-14, 05:31 PM
I have little hope that Australia will even score a goal...
But crazier things have happened.... ala Cartwright contract extension...

titanslurker
08-06-14, 11:23 PM
i keep hearing australia has no chance in any game. isnt that what the aussie spirit is about? we lift when others count us out. we embrace the underdog tag.

TITAN PETE
13-06-14, 06:36 AM
Only game one & there's already controversy over a pathetic penalty against Croatia inside the penalty box to the locals giving Brazil an undeserved 2-1 lead with 20 minutes to go.....

The round ball game should follow the rest of the sporting world & use the video for these decisions & penalize the Proffesional Divers

DIEHARD
13-06-14, 09:53 AM
Soccer is its own worst enemy.

C-Whiz
13-06-14, 10:26 AM
Sportingbet.com.au have reneged on their World Cup Promotion for Brazil to score a goal in the first 15 minutes.

For those who don't know, Brazil did score in the 10th minute, it just happened to be an own goal, meaning a Brazilian player kicked it into his own goal, so the point goes to Croatia.

The terms and conditions of this bet did not stipulate which end the goal needed to be scored, just that Brazil needed to score a goal in the first 15 minutes. They have refunded these bets under weight of complaint, but IMO they should be paying out as a winning bet for those who had money on it.

DIEHARD
13-06-14, 10:43 AM
Sportingbet.com.au have reneged on their World Cup Promotion for Brazil to score a goal in the first 15 minutes.

For those who don't know, Brazil did score in the 10th minute, it just happened to be an own goal, meaning a Brazilian player kicked it into his own goal, so the point goes to Croatia.

The terms and conditions of this bet did not stipulate which end the goal needed to be scored, just that Brazil needed to score a goal in the first 15 minutes. They have refunded these bets under weight of complaint, but IMO they should be paying out as a winning bet for those who had money on it.

That is a real rookie error for an apparent professional company.

Mexican titan
13-06-14, 12:38 PM
I just liked the Croatian dives and the rolling in agony when they got a love tap, then get up and run at full steam. Makes me sick and the stronger refs need to card these blokes.
That Jap ref this morning even made Ben Cummins look good.

C-Whiz
13-06-14, 02:42 PM
For the punters, beteasy.com.au http://beteasy.com.au/ (the old betezy) is offering a free $50 bet across all Australia games (Australia win) for all registered users. Basically, sign up, log in, and apparently they will be putting a $50 bet on for each of the 3 round games. Nothing to lose.

C-Whiz
13-06-14, 03:05 PM
That is a real rookie error for an apparent professional company.
Yes, and sportsbet.com.au (www.sportsbet.com.au), who are on the NRL Footy Show, are CHAMPIONS, and they paid out for the own goal as first goalscorer AND also for the first goal scorer to actually score for his own team!

That is how you win fans and keep the punters coming back, quite literally.

TITAN PETE
13-06-14, 09:50 PM
For the punters, beteasy.com.au http://beteasy.com.au/ (the old betezy) is offering a free $50 bet across all Australia games (Australia win) for all registered users. Basically, sign up, log in, and apparently they will be putting a $50 bet on for each of the 3 round games. Nothing to lose.

They should be giving the 7 or 8-1 about the Aussies scoring a Goal

C-Whiz
14-06-14, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure the game between Spain (my pick to make it to the final) and Netherlands could well be investigated for match fixing. 1-0 up at half time (thanks to a dodgy penalty) Spain went on to lose 5-1. Pretty dodgy in a sport that is lucky for a team to score more than 2 goals in an entire match.

Anyway, SOCCEROOS!!! Very happy with the way they played. Too bad we let them get an early lead, but I think we were the best team on the pitch today. Really exciting soccer, apart from the bad acting, and I think Aussies can be pretty happy with the effort from a young team.

TITAN PETE
14-06-14, 10:57 AM
Couldn't believe the Scoreline in the 1st match this morning 5 goals against the defending champs which is the worst in history ... RVP is probably my favorite player but I was expecting 2-2 or 2-1 never that scoreline.

Well to Australia after 14 minutes it looked like 6 or 7 would've been scored against us but to come back & probably should've drawn the match was an incredible result , we are probably just missing one more Cahill to be a chance of winning a game..

Next game could be scary

Geeman
14-06-14, 01:49 PM
I was expecting a draw in the Spain v Netherlands game, but Robben and RVP were just on fire. Great watch, hopefully Netherlands can go on with it for the rest of the tournament

Chaserz
16-06-14, 06:14 PM
Well, I didn't see the 1-5 ESP-NED coming... at all!

I have bet against my own country at work, which caused me to lose my money right away as I have predicted a 2-1 win for Spain. Actually, the majority thought the same as I did. Oh well... There are plenty of other matches to come.

Nonetheless, people across the country are euphoric now, although it will be tough to the very end.

DIEHARD
20-06-14, 01:35 PM
Was happy to be watching when Cahill scored.

DIEHARD
20-06-14, 01:35 PM
Spain's worldcup 2014 in 3 seconds

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XdwTEgpOqBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chaserz
09-07-14, 07:17 AM
Ouch, Brazil - Germany 1 - 7... not sure who needs more security right now ;).

Titan4Life
09-07-14, 07:19 AM
That was embarrassing....

DIEHARD
09-07-14, 02:34 PM
OH MY GOD.

That sounds closer to some of the scores of my old soccer team at school.

Wow... How humiliating. The great Brasil, at their own World Cup.

And their only goal game in the 90th minute!

TITAN PETE
14-07-14, 08:09 AM
Germany is my selection to win it but I have little hope that Australia will win a single match..

I'll go for Germany and Australia and any underdogs that strike my fancy.

A couple of clever blokes on this forum :thumbsup:

Mexican titan
14-07-14, 01:41 PM
A couple of clever blokes on this forum :thumbsup:

Well done lads. Wish I had taken your selection with mine (Argentina) as that final quinella was offered at 11/1 at the start of the tournament.

DIEHARD
14-07-14, 09:34 PM
Wearing my Germany jersey with pride. Yea I actually have one!