View Full Version : Round 14: TITANS vs STORM

DIEHARD
30-05-14, 04:16 PM
TITANS vs STORM
7pm Monday 16 June 2014 - Robina

DIEHARD
30-05-14, 04:17 PM
Territorian Joel Romelo delivers good news to Storm fans

Lass than 24 hours after Storm’s “Big Three” — Cameron Smith (ankle), Billy Slater (shoulder) and Cooper Cronk (broken arm) — suffered serious injuries in Queensland’s 12-8 defeat to NSW in the opening State of Origin clash, Romelo painted a happier picture.

The Darwin NRL product said his ankle was responding well to treatment and he was feeling optimistic that he will be fit in time for the clash with the Titans on the Gold Coast on June 16.

“I am about three weeks ahead of schedule in my rehabilitation,” Romelo said.

The original diagnosis for his ankle injury, which happened early in his Storm debut against South Sydney, was eight weeks.

“It was disheartening to suffer the injury after all the hard work I had put in to get the chance,” Romelo said.

“But Craig (Bellamy) has been good, telling me to get myself right.”

Romelo wore the No. 6 jersey after Ben Hampton was given a two-game suspension, while Ben Roberts suffered a torn medial ligament in round seven playing at five-eighth.

Romelo said the loss of Smith, Slater and Cronk meant that the remaining Storm team now had to step up.

“We had a team meeting (today) and we know it is a challenge for us,” he said.

“Everyone is going to be writing us off so we need to lift for the game.”

Ben Roberts and Tohu Harris are expected to fill the halves’ roles against the Cowboys tomorrow.

“It’s really disappointing for Joel because he’s trained really hard pre-season to earn a contract and since then has been waiting for an opportunity,” Storm football director Frank Ponissi said.

“We weren’t sure at the time how serious it was, but scans have confirmed a high ankle sprain.”

Source: http://www.ntnews.com.au

DIEHARD
30-05-14, 04:18 PM
This game is nearly a gimme with the Storm having so many top liners out with Origin/injury.

Titanic
30-05-14, 04:56 PM
'Tofu' Harris in the half's :-)

ozynorts
30-05-14, 04:58 PM
This game is nearly a gimme with the Storm having so many top liners out with Origin/injury.

Then we will probably lose.... Nothing is as it seems with the Titans

Titanic Believer
31-05-14, 09:19 AM
A "Gimme"?

A gimme means a loss. I am not being cynical just conditioned by years of disappointing Titan experience. This team has never been able to press home an advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I need to change my name!

Titanic
31-05-14, 04:59 PM
Daydream Believer?

DIEHARD
31-05-14, 05:21 PM
Yea we often do drop the games we should or could have a big chance of winning.

Bayside Titan
31-05-14, 07:42 PM
I think on the back of no Cronk and Widdops gone , Slater with a question mark over him we need to win this one fairly well. If can't win and win well over the Storm then we really should not finish in the eight. Panthers will touch us up and then we will need to win this game.

DIEHARD
08-06-14, 04:54 PM
Well the Storm just got beat up by the Roosters 32-12. It will be interesting to see how the Storm react to this.

Mr Blair
08-06-14, 05:33 PM
Here's hoping. with origin players out.

1. Zillman (c)
2. Gordan
3. Tighe
4. Mead
5. Roberts
6. Srama
7. Kelly
8. James
9. Carter
10. Douglas
11. Minichiello
12. Nelson
13. Ridge
14. Beddow
15. Page
16. Binge
17. Taylor

a flash of gordon
08-06-14, 05:48 PM

1. Zillman (c)
2. Gordan
3. Tighe
4. Mead
5. Roberts
6. Srama
7. Kelly
8. James
9. Carter
10. Douglas
11. Minichiello
12. Nelson
13. Ridge
14. Beddow
15. Page
16. Binge
17. Taylor

You have to be joking.
a) Luke Page is contracted to Canberra and playing for Souths Logan.
b)Why would you have Dave Taylor on the bench?
c)Ryan James is on the bench for Tweed and you want to play him on the run on in NRL.
d)Srama is a hooker not a five-eight and Kelly is hurt. What about Sam Irwin who has been playing in the halves for Tweed?
e)and your keeping ZipZip, Zlater, Thrillman or whatever you want to call him.

Mr Blair
08-06-14, 06:00 PM
You have to be joking.
a) Luke Page is contracted to Canberra and playing for Souths Logan.
b)Why would you have Dave Taylor on the bench?
c)Ryan James is on the bench for Tweed and you want to play him on the run on in NRL.
d)Srama is a hooker not a five-eight and Kelly is hurt. What about Sam Irwin who has been playing in the halves for Tweed?
e)and your keeping ZipZip, Zlater, Thrillman or whatever you want to call him.

A) My mistake. It's a shame because he's better than most of our props, especially nuffies like White, Ioane and Bailey.
B) Taylor makes too many errors and run sideways too often. The bloke can't run over people over 100kgs. But I like to remain loyal to players.
C) See as above A. Plus he's origin material.
D) Srama played in the halves for 20's. He's the best option to replace Sezer. We can't move Zillman to 5/8. Jack Gibson said never weaken a position to strengthen another.
E) Yeah he's our captain.You don't watch footy, do you?

a flash of gordon
08-06-14, 06:15 PM
I can guarantee you I suffered from the stands last night and I have never missed a game. Q Cup is a long away from origin. You also said before Mead can't pass so you decide to play him at centre:thumbsup:
Zillman is our vice captain. Srama has played his best football at hooker and Irwin is a better half option than Srama.

Hail Sezer
08-06-14, 06:18 PM

1. Zillman (c)
2. Gordan
3. Tighe
4. Mead
5. Roberts
6. Srama
7. Kelly
8. James
9. Carter
10. Douglas
11. Minichiello
12. Nelson
13. Ridge
14. Beddow
15. Page
16. Binge
17. Taylor

You forgot Michaels

DavidBouveng
08-06-14, 06:27 PM
Taylor is our best metre gainer, and he runs as straight as anyone. Usually barreling forwards carrying two or three on him.

Our best player by a margin this year.

Mr Blair
08-06-14, 06:34 PM
You also said before Mead can't pass so you decide to play him at centre.

Well he's below the pecking order and too much of a liability to play either Fullback or Wing. I do admire his courage, so centre is the only place to fit him in the squad.

Otherwise #Mead4Tweed

Hail Sezer
08-06-14, 06:37 PM
Well he's below the pecking order and too much of a liability to play either Fullback or Wing. I do admire his courage, so centre is the only place to fit him in the squad.

Otherwise #Mead4Tweed

The only thing stopping me from adding you to my ignore list is your comedic value

a flash of gordon
08-06-14, 06:41 PM
Mead is our overall leading try scorer

DavidBouveng
08-06-14, 06:43 PM
The only thing stopping me from adding you to my ignore list is your comedic value
Even the comedic value wasnt enough for me, as I'm terrified he might be serious.

"this message is hidden because Mr. Blair is on your ignore list"

Toads
08-06-14, 06:46 PM
Even though he's a good bloke.. I feel as if we're being trolled by Jamal's Hamstring. :laugh:

Nick
08-06-14, 06:48 PM

Otherwise #Mead4Tweed

Very Creative with the tag TBH... Whilst I do agree Mead has not yet developed all aspects of fullback play, in his games at the back he offered so much more than Zilly has over the past 12 months. Any decent fullback would have at least got a hand on one of the players that got into space last night, Zillman did not get near any of them and was frankly embarrassing. Mead may not be the NRLs best fullback ATM but IMO he is certainly our best option.

Mr Blair
08-06-14, 07:05 PM
Mead is our overall leading try scorer

Pfft even Josh Graham would of been our leading try scorer if he played outside this team's spine and capitalised on the opportunities they've gifted to him. Well... at least Graham would of tackled Yeo.

DavidBouveng
08-06-14, 07:16 PM
Even though he's a good bloke.. I feel as if we're being trolled by Jamal's Hamstring. :laugh:

i thought the EXACT same thing.

Brock O'Brien
08-06-14, 07:17 PM
Pfft even Josh Graham would of been our leading try scorer if he played outside this team's spine and capitalised on the opportunities they've gifted to him. Well... at least Graham would of tackled Yeo.

Yeah,our team has such an amazing spine and is constantly setting up their winger with back line plays and actual structure :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
08-06-14, 07:20 PM
Steve Michaels would be triple digits by now im sure with our organised and well coached spine. the spine that plays like second rowers. but only if Ben Jeffery was injured long enough to give michaels his chance to rack up hat tricks

Titan4Life
08-06-14, 07:40 PM
I'm really scared that he is being truthful. "Anyone could be our leading tryscorer outside this team's spine." Yeah 'cause our spine is lethal. We've got Zillman who is the #1 fullback in the game, Kelly on one-leg, a hooker who has played less than 100 NRL games and we don't have a set 5/8. No wonder teams are scared of us :surprise:

DavidBouveng
08-06-14, 07:56 PM
i was saying last week that Mead and even Gordon have done amazingly well to even be near a .50% try scoring rate in this side.

imagine the numbers theyd post at souths, roosters, storm, bulldogs, parra or manly, teams who use a backline.

Mexican titan
08-06-14, 08:04 PM

I think mate you should stay off here until you start taking your medication. One of your posts on another thread had a few of us thinking you had a brain but nah.

C-Whiz
08-06-14, 09:08 PM
Where as Zillman would of had Slater's test jersey by now if it weren't for injuries.I think we are all in agreeance that this could be a real opportunity for Zillman to cement his credentials and push for that Test jersey. That's assuming Slater is prepared to actually turn up and play opposite him.

Mead to centre, Zillman to 5/8, Gordon... sorry, Gordan to FB. Don to HB?

teke
08-06-14, 09:11 PM
I think its someones missus :wave:

teke
08-06-14, 09:32 PM
With slater and GI out it's the perfect time for zilllolololololol to get that Maroons fb jersey .

TITAN PETE
08-06-14, 09:40 PM
With slater and GI out it's the perfect time for zilllolololololol to get that Maroons fb jersey .

Considering he couldn't put a finger on Johnson or Segyaro in his past 2 matches I'm sure Hayne would be Shyting himself if that happens

Brock O'Brien
08-06-14, 10:14 PM
Considering he couldn't put a finger on Johnson or Segyaro in his past 2 matches I'm sure Hayne would be Shyting himself if that happens

Lets not forget how he literally stood still as Soward ran past him to score!

Toads
08-06-14, 10:22 PM

Whoa.. ease up

a flash of gordon
08-06-14, 10:35 PM
After last nights game I had a pass to go to the sheds and see the players. Well Alby could barely walk, most players had already left to get away from each other and Neil Henry stood in the corner and was ignored by everyone but Dave Taylor and Matt Srama. Srama and Henry were great to talk to and offered some hope for the future. I asked Blair if he enjoyed playing five-eight and he didn't sound keen on the idea of playing five-eight.

teke
09-06-14, 01:12 AM
After last nights game I had a pass to go to the sheds and see the players. Well Alby could barely walk, most players had already left to get away from each other and Neil Henry stood in the corner and was ignored by everyone but Dave Taylor and Matt Srama. Srama and Henry were great to talk to and offered some hope for the future. I asked Blair if he enjoyed playing five-eight and he didn't sound keen on the idea of playing five-eight.Sounds like a team primed for Finals Footy :laugh::laugh:

I predict this coming week is going to be very special on the Forum :eyebrows:

Toads
09-06-14, 07:49 AM
Yup, sounds like a Club that's lacking all the qualities that are required to make them a great team. But you do get this when there's a clique mentality within a establishment. Only those in it show loyality, and those out of it eventually become disjointed and question themselves to why they bother. If what was mentioned earlier in week about Meady putting his name out there shows there are some cracks developing in the squad, and what a flash of gordon mentioned just adds to the speculation of the mood within the squad.

Congratulations must go to Searle and Cartwright, you've just about brought the franchise to it knees by letting/helping this culture manifest within the establishment. :clap:

Titanic
09-06-14, 10:43 AM
If I was in this team I would be up at the pub at Binna Burra on the grog with the rest of the team laughing at what we could get away with and working out how to keep the ride going.

Bayside Titan
09-06-14, 11:48 AM
It's been said I guess but if we don't win against the Storm next Monday it should start the tide of the public calls for Cartys head.

Mr Blair
09-06-14, 11:52 AM
It's been said I guess but if we don't win against the Storm next Monday it should start the tide of the public calls for Cartys head.

Yes blame Carty for a injured and Origin depleted team. :laugh:You stupid Yokel.

Brock O'Brien
09-06-14, 12:01 PM
Yes blame Carty for a injured and Origin depleted team. :laugh:You stupid Yokel.

Oh yeah you're right, our team is so much more depleted than the Storm team :thumbsup:

Bayside Titan
09-06-14, 12:07 PM

As I have said in another thread Mr Blair it is the Head coaches responsibility to recruit players in all positions to cover for things like Origin and injuries. The case that John Cartwright has not done so highlights and area of his job that he has failed at.

Oh by the way Mr Blair if I have used a derogatory term or demeaning name (ie You stupid yokel ) towards you I sincerely apologise. However please refrain from such remarks. Thank you.

Titan4Life
09-06-14, 12:15 PM
Expecting to see:
1. Zillman (unless Carty gets a brain and puts Mead there)
2. Gordon
3. Tighe
4. Takairangi
5. Mead
6. Blair
7. Henry
8. Douglas
9. Srama
10. Bailey
11. Mini
12. Taylor (Don't think he will be picked for Origin)
13. Ridge

14. Ioane
15. White
16. Nelson
17. Carter

DIEHARD
09-06-14, 11:10 PM
Well at least we have Taylor for this.

DIEHARD
10-06-14, 03:21 AM
Current Odds
Titans $1.45
Storm $2.70

C-Whiz
10-06-14, 10:05 AM

Oh by the way Mr Blair if I have used a derogatory term or demeaning name (ie You stupid yokel ) towards you I sincerely apologise. However please refrain from such remarks. Thank you.Mr Blair, feel free to call me whatever you want. You will get bored and run out of insults before I get offended. :tongue:

Although I do prefer an argument based on facts rather than just opinion, but it seems we broke CSF every time we used facts to shoot down his dribble.

I blame Carty for an unnecessarily injured Albert Kelly. He put him out there "100% fit" and left him there for 80 minutes in a lost cause. Who would you blame Mr Blair?

TITAN PETE
10-06-14, 11:51 AM
Mr Blair, feel free to call me whatever you want. You will get bored and run out of insults before I get offended. :tongue:

Although I do prefer an argument based on facts rather than just opinion, but it seems we broke CSF every time we used facts to shoot down his dribble.

I blame Carty for an unnecessarily injured Albert Kelly. He put him out there "100% fit" and left him there for 80 minutes in a lost cause. Who would you blame Mr Blair?

I'm sorry mate but the said person is no longer available to comment as he/she has been sent back to the special home where the Fartwright & Zillman posters cover the walls & thats where it will stay but if u are desperate for some comments just go to the Love Fest on Facebook & i'm sure u will be entertained .....

C-Whiz
10-06-14, 12:36 PM
I'm sorry mate but the said person is no longer available to comment as he/she has been sent back to the special home where the Fartwright & Zillman posters cover the walls & thats where it will stay but if u are desperate for some comments just go to the Love Fest on Facebook & i'm sure u will be entertained .....Geez, spoil my fun... :(
I kinda liked him. He made me laugh.

I was on a few FB Titan pages but they all go quiet when you ask an actual question that requires an actual answer.

Bayside Titan
10-06-14, 01:51 PM
From the Titans FB page.

Hooker Beau Fallon is expected to be fit to return from a back injury to strengthen the iSelect Titans side for Monday night's clash with Melbourne Storm at Cbus Super Stadium.

He is part of a 19-man squad announced today by coach John Cartwright which includes Paul Carter in the starting second row with skipper Greg Bird joining Nate Myles on State of Origin duty.

The team v Storm, round 14:

1 - William Zillman

2 – Kevin Gordon

3 – Brad Tighe

4 – Brad Takairangi

5 – David Mead

6 – Maurice Blair

7 - Albert Kelly

8 - Luke Bailey

9 – Beau Falloon

10 – Luke Douglas

11 – Paul Carter

12 – David Taylor

13 – Ben Ridge

INTERCHANGE

14 – Matthew White

15 – Mark Minichiello

16 – James Roberts

17 – Matt Srama

18 – Caleb Binge

19 – Mark Ioane

TITAN PETE
10-06-14, 02:02 PM
I like the forward pack especially the backrow..

teke
10-06-14, 02:08 PM
Lets not lose focus guys, we still need a few more losses to empty out the trash

Bayside Titan
10-06-14, 02:16 PM
Bench looks thin or lite.

Hail Sezer
10-06-14, 02:38 PM
I'm not following the interchange? I'm guessing JR to centre with Taka to 2nd row when he comes on but why only 1 front rower on interchange?

C-Whiz
10-06-14, 03:06 PM
Carter to lock, Ben Ridge/Taka coin toss over 2nd row or bench, Roberts to wing, Flash to have a rest.
Mead to centre and Don back in.

- - - Updated - - -

Blair and Henry until Alby is 100% fit. Real 100% fit. Not 100% for one leg.

Titanic Believer
10-06-14, 04:30 PM
Geez, spoil my fun... :(
I kinda liked him. He made me laugh.

I was on a few FB Titan pages but they all go quiet when you ask an actual question that requires an actual answer.

I am not on Facebook. I had to hijack my wife's account in order to ask when the coach will take responsibility for results? Now for some reason the comment have gone missing?

Squinter98
10-06-14, 05:35 PM
Good To see Hymel Hunt in the storms'nrl side (on an extended bench). Wish we hadn't let this kid go, he's a real talent.

Titanic
10-06-14, 05:45 PM
Blair and Henry until Alby is 100% fit. Real 100% fit. Not 100% for one leg.
I'm forming an opinion about Kelly's pain threshold ... he can make remarkable "recoveries" and I'll spell it out are they injuries or in his head?

titanfan1980
10-06-14, 05:52 PM
The first time in my life, ever and I mean ever I just chucked $50 on the storm.. I actually bet against my team out of frustration... I don't wanna be the guy in the wheel chair who thinks he knows everything but come on... Caleb binge?? Really?? I've been watching his games I could get out of this chair with 2 hands and be a better forward then him.. And I'm already better then zillman! He's form is so horrible!

lonegull
10-06-14, 06:36 PM
Sorry titans fan 1980 I am on my IPhone and hit the thumbs down button these phones are no good for people with big fingers, disregard thumbs down hit it by mistake

Hail Sezer
10-06-14, 06:44 PM
Sorry titans fan 1980 I am on my IPhone and hit the thumbs down button these phones are no good for people with big fingers, disregard thumbs down hit it by mistake

no need to lie mate we know you maliciously meant to thumb down his post ;)

You can just thumb him up and it will amend it

Mexican titan
10-06-14, 08:37 PM
I am not on Facebook. I had to hijack my wife's account in order to ask when the coach will take responsibility for results? Now for some reason the comment have gone missing?

The editors must have been busy then. When I checked Facebook earlier in the week it was full of anti Cartwright posts.

titanfan1980
10-06-14, 08:44 PM
That's ok longull, i may be a bit over dramatic, but I'm strong believer that this coach is making bad choices in player selection

karnage
10-06-14, 10:07 PM
Hi guys.

Haven't posted much lately. I just don't have the energy for it anymore, the team has sapped me of my enthusiasm. I'll be at the game against the Storm - as I always am but I do not expect to see anything other than a very poor spectacle. The Storm are decimated and are travelling on the back of two 20 point plus thrashings. It is an unloseable game (that's a word now!) and I am already feeling sick over the way the inevitable win will be fawned over.

It is embarrassing but I am at the point where I really want us to bottom out completely so that we get the institutional change that we all crave.

It is important that we maintain the high moral ground however. This thread is not a good look. There are obviously factions within the Titans fans but I believe it is unbecoming to engage them in meaningless banter. The name calling is even worse than school yard behaviour - it is the sort of rubbish I would expect from a politician!! (Sorry DH - I had to...)

I have made contact with Travis Meyn to ask about the way that he is covering the Titans in his paper but I am yet to get a reply. (On his Twitter account he actually describes himself as a Carlton Blues Tragic so he can't be what I would look for in a 'Chief Rugby League Writer'.) I think we should be using the increased access to people that technology allows us to begin lobbying for a more critical appraisal of the team in the media.

No more praising 'gritty wins'.

No more falling back on injuries as an excuse - they happen it is a part of the fabric of Rugby League.

No more turning a blind eye to continued errors.

Let's all start with Travis Badel and Emma Greenwood (Gold Coast Bulletin) and go from there. Their emails and twitter accounts are easily accessible - just tell them that as a season ticket holder you have had enough and that you want them to use their position to make the teams administration accountable.

Bayside Titan
10-06-14, 10:46 PM
Hi guys.

Haven't posted much lately. I just don't have the energy for it anymore, the team has sapped me of my enthusiasm. I'll be at the game against the Storm - as I always am but I do not expect to see anything other than a very poor spectacle. The Storm are decimated and are travelling on the back of two 20 point plus thrashings. It is an unloseable game (that's a word now!) and I am already feeling sick over the way the inevitable win will be fawned over.

It is embarrassing but I am at the point where I really want us to bottom out completely so that we get the institutional change that we all crave.

It is important that we maintain the high moral ground however. This thread is not a good look. There are obviously factions within the Titans fans but I believe it is unbecoming to engage them in meaningless banter. The name calling is even worse than school yard behaviour - it is the sort of rubbish I would expect from a politician!! (Sorry DH - I had to...)

I have made contact with Travis Meyn to ask about the way that he is covering the Titans in his paper but I am yet to get a reply. (On his Twitter account he actually describes himself as a Carlton Blues Tragic so he can't be what I would look for in a 'Chief Rugby League Writer'.) I think we should be using the increased access to people that technology allows us to begin lobbying for a more critical appraisal of the team in the media.

No more praising 'gritty wins'.

No more falling back on injuries as an excuse - they happen it is a part of the fabric of Rugby League.

No more turning a blind eye to continued errors.

Let's all start with Travis Badel and Emma Greenwood (Gold Coast Bulletin) and go from there. Their emails and twitter accounts are easily accessible - just tell them that as a season ticket holder you have had enough and that you want them to use their position to make the teams administration accountable.

Mate. Well said. You have raised so very good points for people to go away and think about. Are we going to whinge about change or try to do something about it ?

Not sure how I will start but I'm going to start. We need to start doing rather that talking.

DIEHARD
11-06-14, 12:43 AM
The editors must have been busy then. When I checked Facebook earlier in the week it was full of anti Cartwright posts.

Wouldn't that be a fun job?

C-Whiz
11-06-14, 07:42 AM
Hi guys.Hi. :p

Good post, and I think everyone agrees with what you have said, but the simple fact is we need a leader/spokesperson to unite and lead the masses. It must be someone who has a level head, can support an argument with facts and is diplomatic. Many have the passion, but as you have said, there is a moral side to this, and the fact is we are talking about peoples livelihoods and careers, so it must be treated with some respect and understanding while also being firm.

So, for the sake of clearing up forum threads, lets make a thread for those who are interested in actually being involved to take the campagin public, and we can discuss/organise this issue in there. :thumbsup:

psmitty
11-06-14, 07:57 AM
If someone could get together the names and emails of keys people to email about our concerns I would be happy to email also. Probably the emails of the board members, the CEO, the key people in the papers.... and anyone else who has influence. I will just cc them all in on my one email. If we all do this it surely will put pressure on the establishment to get rid of Cartwright.

C-Whiz
11-06-14, 08:13 AM
If someone could get together the names and emails of keys people to email about our concerns I would be happy to email also. Probably the emails of the board members, the CEO, the key people in the papers.... and anyone else who has influence. I will just cc them all in on my one email. If we all do this it surely will put pressure on the establishment to get rid of Cartwright.For me, if we want to be heard and make a real statement, take the message to the business leaders on the "board". I am 100% certain that a rally outside the Frizelle dealership would be news worthy, and would get instant attention from Rebecca Frizelle.

I've made a new thread to discuss this.

Hail Sezer
11-06-14, 10:07 AM
I've just realised that Ryan James must be at the very very bottom of our front row pecking order if even Caleb Binge who has played 3 games of cup after 20s last year is being considered ahead of him.

Has anyone seen James play in cup recently? Any gauge on how hes going?

TITAN PETE
11-06-14, 10:54 AM
I've just realised that Ryan James must be at the very very bottom of our front row pecking order if even Caleb Binge who has played 3 games of cup after 20s last year is being considered ahead of him.

Has anyone seen James play in cup recently? Any gauge on how hes going?

I find him playing & looking lazy but u are right that its hard to believe he can't get a start at Origin time..

titanfan1980
11-06-14, 11:04 AM
I find him playing & looking lazy but u are right that its hard to believe he can't get a start at Origin time..

He's injured, his defensive work rate seems high but his shoulder is injured.. Exact same situation as will Matthews was in if anyone remembers his shoulder injury.. Even in his injured state still 5x the player binge is.. I've heard they made him play injured against the rabbitohs, I've also heard that he says he's right but isn't.. We won't find out till it comes from either the club or him but it will be a nasty look for the club if it comes to light he's being forced to play with a bad shoulder..

karnage
11-06-14, 11:29 AM
AAAAAAAAARGH.....!!

Corey Parker out of Origin 2 with an fractured eye socket, replaced by Dave Taylor. This is great news for Big Dave but it is bad news for our chances v the Storm and it is a shocking blow to my SuperCoach team that was relying on him playing through the Origin period.

Maybe now, however, we get to see Taka move into the pack and Roberts gets a starting spot.

DIEHARD
11-06-14, 05:50 PM
Storm TV: Hinchcliffe to captain

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=N3OXY4bjowcKUhSMjeslM8JgiDJL_S3W&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>

Ryan Hinchcliffe will captain Storm on Monday night on the Gold Coast. He spoke to Storm TV about the honour on Wednesday.

"I'm very happy and proud that I will be able to lead the boys out this weekend," Hinchcliffe said.

"We are going through a little bit of a tough period but there is one way out of it and that is to work our way out of it.

"It's a huge honour, it's a very proud club."

Be at AAMI Park in Round 15 when Storm take on the Eels. Book your tickets here.
A member of Craig Bellamy's leadership group over the last few seasons, Hinchcliffe is confident the club's young brigade will take their chance.

"It's exciting for those younger guys, it's exciting for our club to see the young talent that we have coming through," Hinchcliffe said.

"I think the young guys that we have had in there have been doing a good job.

"There is some real youth coming through our system at the moment and hopefully all the Storm fans get to see a few more."

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/

DIEHARD
11-06-14, 05:51 PM
AAAAAAAAARGH.....!!

Corey Parker out of Origin 2 with an fractured eye socket, replaced by Dave Taylor. This is great news for Big Dave but it is bad news for our chances v the Storm and it is a shocking blow to my SuperCoach team that was relying on him playing through the Origin period.

Maybe now, however, we get to see Taka move into the pack and Roberts gets a starting spot.

Boost for the Maroons, bad news for us.

DIEHARD
11-06-14, 05:54 PM
Presenting the enemy

Melbourne Storm

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=h1MGk4bjoTWYDw5bzJXStIwDYXX8N1l6"></script>

1. Cameron Munster
2. Sisa Waqa
3. Mahe Fonua
4. Kurt Mann
5. Young Tonumaipea
6. Ben Hampton
7. Ben Roberts
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Ryan Hinchcliffe
10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Kenny Bromwich

Interchange

14. Joel Romelo
15. Tim Glasby
16. Junior Moors
17. George Rose
18. Felise Kaufusi
19. Hymel Hunt
20. Jordan McLean
21. Travis Robinson

DIEHARD
11-06-14, 05:56 PM
http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx118553.jpg (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TIT1414)
CLICK HERE TO BUY (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TIT1414)

DIEHARD
12-06-14, 06:17 PM
The first time in my life, ever and I mean ever I just chucked $50 on the storm.. I actually bet against my team out of frustration... I don't wanna be the guy in the wheel chair who thinks he knows everything but come on... Caleb binge?? Really?? I've been watching his games I could get out of this chair with 2 hands and be a better forward then him.. And I'm already better then zillman! He's form is so horrible!

With Taylor out and now Carter, your money is looking better and better.

Hail Sezer
12-06-14, 06:20 PM
This is the best team I could form with what we have remaining..

Zillman
Mead
roberts
Tighe
Gordon
Blair
Henry
Douglas
Falloon
white
Mini
Taka
Ridge

Bailey
Ioane
Nelson
Srama

Wow..

mdrew
12-06-14, 06:30 PM
Heck we are in a world of trouble

TITAN PETE
12-06-14, 09:19 PM
Storm should win this we are very weak across the park

DavidBouveng
12-06-14, 10:47 PM
no it will be fine. Captain Zillman to the rescue.

Nick
12-06-14, 11:19 PM
Roberts to start, no Tighe and Chambers to start for the Storm.. I dont like our chances.

teke
13-06-14, 03:45 AM
Roberts to start, no Tighe and Chambers to start for the Storm.. I dont like our chances.chambers really playing, I thought he was in origin camp?

Is Tighe injured?

Smakked
13-06-14, 08:30 AM
Zillman to score 4 trys, and win us the game.........

Bayside Titan
13-06-14, 08:55 AM

How much have you had to drink this morning hahahahah

DavidBouveng
13-06-14, 09:10 AM

How much have you had to drink this morning hahahahah

Paul Carter gimmick account

karnage
13-06-14, 11:14 AM
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark......... .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Kelly is OUT. This is for the best long term because his chase on Peachey proved he was 100% busted but it doesn't exactly add to the conficdence for Monday.

DIEHARD
13-06-14, 11:19 AM
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark......... .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Kelly is OUT. This is for the best long term because his chase on Peachey proved he was 100% busted but it doesn't exactly add to the conficdence for Monday.

We are getting blown out of the sky one by one.

Hail Sezer
13-06-14, 11:25 AM
Taka training at 2nd row and Roberts at right centre

- - - Updated - - -

And obviously Henry in for Kelly

TITAN PETE
13-06-14, 01:34 PM
Kelly should never have been considered , just like Zitman

teke
13-06-14, 01:37 PM
Lol Kelly was never going to play

Bayside Titan
13-06-14, 02:27 PM
Just seems like we are clutching at straws now.

Just wonder are the wheels about to fall off the Team or the Club or both. !?????

Toads
13-06-14, 03:23 PM
I'm guessing, statistically, we're due for a win at home. So I reckon we got this win in the bag already. :banghead:

C-Whiz
13-06-14, 04:19 PM
Should Roberts be on the wing and bring Mead inside him?

Taka to 2nd row is fine by me, especially now that Carter is goooonnneee....

TITAN PETE
13-06-14, 06:19 PM
Some good news with Ash Harro set to play Monday night

Hail Sezer
13-06-14, 06:32 PM
Some good news with Ash Harro set to play Monday night

Yeah that's going to be handy.

I'm actually looking forward to the attacking potency of the right edge of Henry, Taka, Roberts and Mead. That's about where my confidence ends though

DIEHARD
13-06-14, 07:55 PM
Wow ASH is back?! That's great news. He will be ready to rip.

Bayside Titan
13-06-14, 08:03 PM
With Ash back we might have a chance.

Titan4Life
13-06-14, 09:03 PM
Don't know if this has been posted in another thread but Titans FB page saying Carter has been fined and suspended for 2 weeks. Great to see he will be back soon!

Hail Sezer
14-06-14, 12:26 PM
Talk on the Storm forum that Hymel is going to be making his debut for them at left centre. That means that he will be lining up against JR.

That's going to be quite exciting..the gun we let go vs the gun we picked up.

I'm backing JR to school him :thumbsup:

Nick
14-06-14, 06:22 PM
Talk on the Storm forum that Hymel is going to be making his debut for them at left centre. That means that he will be lining up against JR.

That's going to be quite exciting..the gun we let go vs the gun we picked up.

I'm backing JR to school him :thumbsup:

Are you certain Roberts will be on the right? I have heard he will be on the left with Tighe out?

Hail Sezer
14-06-14, 06:28 PM
Are you certain Roberts will be on the right? I have heard he will be on the left with Tighe out?

Not certain mate, but that's how they trained yesterday with Taka moving to the 2nd row

The Birdman
14-06-14, 07:53 PM
We could lose to the big 3-less Melbourne Storm. That'd be a new low even for Carty's standards. I'm just hoping this poor run of form will eventually make the club's board see sense and bring in a new coach and hopefully new coaching staff. I can't see what harm it would do giving Neil Henry the job on an interim basis for the rest of the year and see how it goes.

I can't see how it can be healthy having Carty and Henry on the same coaching staff. Sure they'll deny it but Carty must be looking over his shoulder at Henry and Henry must have eyes for the top gig. It's a bit toxic if you ask me.

Bayside Titan
14-06-14, 09:29 PM
We could lose to the big 3-less Melbourne Storm. That'd be a new low even for Carty's standards. I'm just hoping this poor run of form will eventually make the club's board see sense and bring in a new coach and hopefully new coaching staff. I can't see what harm it would do giving Neil Henry the job on an interim basis for the rest of the year and see how it goes.

I can't see how it can be healthy having Carty and Henry on the same coaching staff. Sure they'll deny it but Carty must be looking over his shoulder at Henry and Henry must have eyes for the top gig. It's a bit toxic if you ask me.

Agree. Just wonder if things are starting to get abit on the nose at all.

Mexican titan
14-06-14, 09:43 PM

I also suggest you have a look at the other thread about "Appeal for real change in the Titans". You might see some suggestions on there where some people on this Forum have decided to try and do something constructively. Of course having a say on here is one thing but if we do nothing we get what we deserve.

DIEHARD
15-06-14, 04:00 PM
In this special Storm TV feature, Ben Hampton reflects on his debut NRL match against the Titans in Round 15, 2013.

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=YybGRubDoUSNnFR7AsERQoA830XhWsN3"></script>

DIEHARD
15-06-14, 04:27 PM
Will Chambers to return for Melbourne Storm clash with Gold Coast Titans

Melbourne Storm centre Will Chambers will be a late inclusion for their away clash with Gold Coast Titans on Monday night and forward Jordan McLean could make his comeback after a long suspension.

Chambers spent the week with Queensland’s State of Origin camp as an injury standby but was released to the Storm on Sunday, while McLean starred in the reserves last round and is a “big chance” to come onto the bench after completing a seven-week ban.

The two clubs have had close results at their past two meetings; the Titans won on the siren earlier this season and by a try in their clash last June.

But with the second Origin match scheduled for Wednesday night in Sydney, both clubs are missing stars. The Storm are without Cameron Smith and Billy Slater, while Titans Nate Myles and Dave Taylor have joined them in the Maroons squad, and Greg Bird, who kicked the winning goal last time, returns to the Blues. Melbourne playmaker Cooper Cronk is also out with a broken arm.

Titans forward Paul Carter was stood down for drink-driving last week.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy said playing consistently was a key focus for his undermanned side, which has won just two of their past five games.

“When you have inexperience out there you always seem to pay a little more for your mistakes than when you have an experienced side,” Bellamy said. “We just have to have that effort across the 80 minutes – that has been a real challenge for us.”

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/will-chambers-to-return-for-melbourne-storm-clash-with-gold-coast-titans-20140615-zs8kz.html

DIEHARD
15-06-14, 06:31 PM
Will Chambers has dropped out of Queensland’s Origin squad to return to the Melbourne Storm, meaning Billy Slater and Greg Inglis are almost certain starters for Wednesday night.

Zero Tackle

ozynorts
16-06-14, 07:43 AM
On a side note, Anthony Don scored another hat trick on the weekend...................

TITAN PETE
16-06-14, 08:41 AM
On a side note, Anthony Don scored another hat trick on the weekend...................

Also another Fullback is killing it for Burleigh in Henare Wells who scored 6 tries in the same match..

john cartwrong
16-06-14, 08:53 AM
Caleb binge over mark ioane? Any takers?

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 09:15 AM

Jesus.... And we let him languish in QCUP. He has been one of of our very best in 2014 and the Titans reward him by being dropped. It boils my blood.

Leeroy
16-06-14, 09:40 AM
Caleb binge over mark ioane? Any takers?
Not a great decision I believe. Don't quote me but Caleb has been playing off the bench for Tweed.
Can someone please tell me what Cody Nelson did wrong in the 2 games he played.
Both games we had some injuries during the game and had to play extra minutes and I thought he was strong.

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 09:47 AM
Gold Coast Titans rookie Caleb Binge earns NRL debut after shedding 12kg in off-season

CALEB Binge is the Gold Coast rookie who has won his NRL debut after a stunning body transformation to shed excess kilos.

Binge, 20, was told by Titans coach John Cartwright in the off-season that if he ever wanted to realise his play NRL dreams, he would need to make some sacrifices and get in shape.

In one devastating preseason, Binge dropped from 112kg to 100kg and will get his due rewards by making his NRL debut off the bench for the Titans in a must-win clash against Melbourne at Cbus Super Stadium.

“He has done it the hard way too,” Cartwright said.

“We spoke to him and said to go to another level he had to lose some weight and he has pretty much totally transformed himself.

“He tips the scales about 100kg now and he was up about the 112kg so he has worked really hard and certainly deserves his chance.”

Binge gets his chance as replacement for suspended Paul Carter, the fiery backrower who was stood down for two games last week after a drink-driving incident.

Cartwright said Binge, a Ballina Seagulls junior who was once in the Broncos system, possessed a similar attitude to Carter and with an ability to play frontrow or on the edges, he would be a handy addition to a team ravaged by injuries and representative duties.

“He is a bloke I’ve always thought had a future in first grade strictly on his attitude,” Cartwright said.

“He is a very similar player to Paul Carter. He is very aggressive. He doesn’t take a backward step and he doesn’t care for reputations.

“That is what you look for in guys who haven’t played NRL — if they’ve got that quality it certainly helps when they get to that stage.”

Titans lock Ashley Harrison will make his return from a neck fracture against the Storm to boost a Gold Coast side missing Greg Bird, Nate Myles, Dave Taylor, Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer.

While much of the focus is the difficulty Melbourne have playing without their big three of Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and Billy Slater due to injury or Origin, if anything the Titans are worse hit.

Cartwright is confident his men can rise to the challenge and snap a four-game losing streak.

“They’re under siege as well, they’ve got their rep players out and we’re in a similar boat I suppose and it’s certainly not going to be easy,” Cartwright said.

“You look at their pack and Will Chambers looks like he will play. They’ve still got four Kiwi internationals in their pack.

“We’re certainly not underestimating them. We have the best possible side out there we can because we realise how difficult it’s going to be.

“It’s a crunch game for both clubs too … both clubs are in the same position, equal on the competition table and both desperate to win.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/n

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 09:50 AM
Roberts can be X-Factor for Titans

Gold Coast's sputtering NRL attack may finally have its spark in young recruit James Roberts.

The highly-rated outside back, already cut loose by South Sydney and Penrith for off-field issues, will make his debut for the Titans in Monday night's clash with Melbourne at Cbus Super Stadium as both teams look to turn around recent poor form.

Titans coach John Cartwright believes Roberts' ability to break the line could be the key to his team finally finding some cohesion and punch with the ball in hand.

Only one team, 15th-placed Cronulla (155), have scored less points than the Titans (197) so far this season.

Cartwright's men have only scored 20 or more points on three occasions this season, and he's hoping 21-year-old Roberts can change their fortunes as they try to end a four-game losing streak.

"Some of his touches, not many players can do," Cartwright said.

"His tackle breaks are very high and that's something we've been lacking, someone with genuine tackle breakers and genuine speed."

Roberts is one of several inclusions to the Titans who are missing State of Origin trio Greg Bird, Nate Myles and Dave Taylor, while Paul Carter has been suspended by the club following his midweek drink-driving charge and Albert Kelly (calf) is injured.

Ashley Harrison has been rushed back into the team following his recovery from a neck fracture, while Beau Henry comes in for Kelly at halfback.

There will also be an NRL debut for Caleb Binge following Carter's suspension which left the Titans short on backrowers.

The Storm are also patching together a team with Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Ryan Hoffman all on Origin duty while halfback Cooper Cronk is sidelined with a broken arm.

Centre Will Chambers could play if he is released from Queensland duties early and Cartwright says he's still wary of his opponent regardless of their absentees.

"You look at their pack and it looks like Will Chambers will play, they've still got four Kiwi internationals in their pack," he said.

"We're certainly not underestimating them. We've got the best possible side out there because we realise how difficult it's going to be.

"It's a crunch game for both clubs."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 09:52 AM
Kurt Mann says Storm must improve execution if they are to snap two-game losing streak

RISING Melbourne Storm star Kurt Mann says his stuttering side must find a way to execute better if it is to snap a two-game losing streak.

The clash on the Gold Coast looms as a crucial game. If 11th-placed Storm is defeated, it *would begin to lose touch with the top eight.
Skipper Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Will Chambers and Ryan Hoffman are on State of Origin duty, but the Titans have their own problems.

They have lost four games in a row and forwards Greg Bird, Nate Myles and David Taylor are unavailable because of Wednesday’s Origin II.

On top of that, back-rower Paul Carter was last week stood down by the club after a high-range drink driving *offence in Surfers Paradise.

But Storm players know what the Titans are capable of after they defeated them at AAMI Park in Round 5.

“They are a pretty strong side and we know that,” Mann said.

“Their defence over the past couple of weeks has been really strong and probably the best part of their game lately. And they have a lot of good attacking players and outside backs.

“Our effort has been good. We just need to work on our execution.”

Wallabies star and former Queensland representative Israel Folau believes NSW are in a great position to snap their eight-year State of Origin losing streak.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy will hope Ben Roberts and Ben Hampton can click in the halves as he continues to search for a winning combination in the absence of injured Test halfback Cooper Cronk.

Mann, named in the centres, is likely to move to fullback in place of Cameron Munster after starring at the back in last Sunday week’s heavy loss to Sydney Roosters.

“I played most of my footy coming up at fullback,” Mann said. “They threw me in the centres (in first grade) and I found my feet there.
“But I’m not sure where I’m playing this weekend. I probably feel most confident at fullback at the moment, but I’m happy to play anywhere.”

The 21-year-old Queenslander has been a revelation for Melbourne this season and signalled his arrival with a match-winning try on debut against Manly last month.

Bellamy labelled him his side’s best player in the loss to the Roosters and the youngster said he was starting to feel as if he *belonged in the NRL.

“I’m definitely getting a bit more confident,” Mann said.

“Especially with the speed of the game — I haven’t been out on my feet as much as I was at the start. The physical side out of it is what I still need to get used to.”

Tonight’s game will be the last time Melbourne will be without its Origin stars this season.

Mann urged his teammates to step up in their absence.

“It’s a tough period missing a few of our key players,” he said. “But it’s a good chance for our young blokes to stand up and hopefully put in a good performance.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 10:15 AM
Gold Coast Titan Ash Harrison to return early from injury to take on the Melbourne Storm

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright has revealed *inspirational lock Ashley Harrison will play through pain to help put the Titans’ season back on track.

Harrison will return against the Storm tonight at Cbus Super Stadium after a five-week lay-off with a broken neck.

The 33-year-old wasn’t expected back to return for another three weeks after battling through neck pain and weakness in his left arm.

Harrison, who has played 275 NRL games and will *retire at season’s end, isn’t at risk of causing further damage but he the workhorse is far from being in perfect shape.

The Titans are missing Nate Myles, Greg Bird and Dave Taylor to Origin while first-choice halves Albert Kelly (leg) and Aidan Sezer (chest) are also out.

Harrison realised he was needed when the club suspended Paul Carter for two games for drink-driving.

“The neck started to feel a lot better and I thought I might be a chance of returning earlier than what we were looking at (Round 17 after the bye),” Harrison said.

“When Dave Taylor was called up to the Queensland side on Wednesday I asked the doctor, Paul Ohmsen, if I could try to prove my fitness for the Storm game.

“Carty was supportive if I could get the medical clearance and as it turned out the doc checked over the scans with a specialist and he seemed to think I’d be fine.

“I’ve done some contact at training with no problems so I’m confident going into the game everything is OK. The team is under the pump with Paul Carter now out too so I just wanted to put up my hand and help out. It’s a crucial game for us.’’

“The spirit in the side is tremendous, and we’ve got some young blokes keen to take their opportunities, so I’m looking forward to getting out there and doing what I can.”

Harrison’s courage is what the Titans need after losing their past four games. A loss to an understrength Melbourne — who are without Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith and Ryan Hoffman — would be disastrous for finals chances.

And Cartwright said Harrison’s commitment typified how desperate the Gold Coast were to bounce back.

“It’s something the players at the club have done pretty well since day one,” he said.

“When there’s been a need, they’ve always put their hand up to play.’’

“He’s in no physical danger, otherwise he wouldn’t be playing, but to be fair, he’s going to be in some discomfort and probably should have had another couple of weeks off.’’

“There was no way of talking him out of playing.

“Once the surgeon gave him the all clear he was always going to play.”

Beau Henry and Maurice Blair are the makeshift halves pairing while speedster James Roberts will make his Titans debut at right centre.

Young forward Caleb Binge will make his NRL debut off the bench. while Harrison will start in the back-row alongside Mark Mini-chiello and Brad Takairangi.

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/sport/nrl

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 11:03 AM
Lineup simplified

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqNmhZCCIAEmRnR.jpg

lonegull
16-06-14, 12:31 PM
I just read that Beau Henry played for seagulls yesterday (QRL Website had him listed in the final team), I wouldn't thought that he would of played, seems strange that he plays Qcup Saturday and NRL Monday. Thought he would have been saved for tonights game

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 12:34 PM
I just read that Beau Henry played for seagulls yesterday (QRL Website had him listed in the final team), I wouldn't thought that he would of played, seems strange that he plays Qcup Saturday and NRL Monday. Thought he would have been saved for tonights game

Thats a mistake mate, he didn't play yesterday

indoallstars
16-06-14, 01:14 PM
Cannot wait for this game! Although I am dissapointed with the way the Titans are travelling at the moment, it will be great to see some new blood get a run in the team....Fingers crossed they shine!
........We also have forgotten how injury prone Zillman is, it will only be a matter of time before hes out again, unfortunately not everyone is as tough as birdy :salute::thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
16-06-14, 02:11 PM
Titans v Storm preview
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
12:27pm Mon 16th June, 2014

Titans v Storm
Cbus Super Stadium
Monday, 7pm

Give the physiotherapist the week off; tell the strength and conditioning coach to lift his own weights and send the dietitian on a rural retreat because this game's going to be won in the mind.

Two nights before a potentially Series-deciding Origin match and with their biggest names watching on from plush hotel rooms 850 kilometres away, both the Titans and Storm could argue they are getting their opposition at the perfect time.
Gold Coast currently own a losing streak that only the Knights and Sharks can be envious of while the Storm's depleted team searches to rediscover a trait that they have been consistently revered for over the past decade: Consistency.

How reshuffled line-ups adjust to playing on a Monday night in winter in what will likely be a small crowd will be decided by which coach can extract the best performances from the men he has left at his disposal.

Since losing Cooper Cronk to an Origin-inflicted broken arm the Storm have suffered heavy defeats at the hands of the Cowboys and Roosters in consecutive weeks and more than anything – with all their big names missing – need to display that trademark intensity across the park.

Coming off a 36-14 defeat at the hands of the Panthers last week in which they gifted the opposition three second-half tries through their own errors, the Titans are in danger of going from the penthouse to the outhouse in very quick fashion.

Four straight losses has the Round 6 competition leaders in 10th position and in danger of losing touch with the top eight and with a halfback battling both a leg injury and confidence.

The usual zip was notably absent from Albert Kelly's performance against Penrith last week and with the least potent attack in the competition in terms of line breaks, the Titans need Kelly asking questions of the defence at the back-end of every set.

The Storm go in without Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater, Ryan Hoffman and Will Chambers while the Titans are missing co-captains Nate Myles and Greg Bird with Ashley Harrison and Aidan Sezer still on the injured list.
All that elevates Melbourne ahead of Gold Coast on the competition table after 13 rounds is a seven-point superior for-and-against, giving the bit-part players from both teams a chance to greatly influence their season.

Watch Out Titans: The greatest fear perhaps that can envelope the Titans this week is the fear of the unknown as the Storm assemble a side with a number of unfamiliar faces. Smith, Slater, Cronk, Hoffman and Chambers are all absent leaving the likes of Hampton, Mann, Fonua and Tonumaipea to try to steady the ship. One area the Storm do boast some world-class potency is up front in the form of Jesse Bromwich. The Kiwi international is averaging more than 145 metres per game and through 13 rounds boasts 22 offloads, a key in breaking down any modern defensive unit. With fellow New Zealand representatives Tohu Harris and Kevin Proctor in the starting 13, it's an area of strength for the depleted Storm.

Watch Out Storm: A hamstring injury forced William Zillman to give up his coveted No.1 jersey to David Mead and the understudy took full advantage, parlaying some outstanding performances at fullback into a Country representative jersey. When Zillman was cleared to return to the fold coach John Cartwright used him at centre but after two weeks and a rethink reinstalled his preferred choice from the pre-season to the custodian role. Despite his side's losing streak Zillman's input at fullback has been encouraging, particularly at the attacking end of the field. He has been sniffing around the ruck for any opportunities early in the tackle count and then worrying defenders with his speed on wide sweeping plays deep in enemy territory. He hasn't cut loose just yet, but he's looking like he is just about ready to unleash. The added responsibility of the captaincy won't faze him; indeed it could spur him to even greater heights.

Plays To Watch: By naming him at five-eighth last week – yet returning him to the forward pack prior to kick-off – Storm coach Craig Bellamy obviously believes that there is plenty of skill to go with Tohu Harris's size. Expect the Kiwi back-rower to be heavily involved on the fringes and to create space and time for the likes of Kurt Mann and Young Tonumaipea. The inclusion of James Roberts in his first game for the Titans creates the prospect of an exciting partnership on the right side of the field between the gifted 21-year-old and Dave Taylor. A well-judged Taylor offload to a flying Roberts could be the remedy to the Titans' woeful lack of line breaks.

Where It Will Be Won: Keep an eye out for the team buses because this shapes as a game purpose built for the side that 'shows up'. Down on both confidence and troops, you simply have to find a way to get it done when you're not at your best. The Titans proved early in the year that they had the ability to grind out a win and with an attack that continues to malfunction, they need to drag the Storm into a good old fashioned slugfest and hope to be the man left standing after 80 minutes.

The History: Played 12; Titans 5, Storm 7. A golden-point heartbreak for the Titans and a controversial buzzer-beater that left the Storm fuming give a fascinating backdrop to this game as the two most recent meetings between these teams. Unfortunately it will be devoid of both team's representative stars but the stench of desperation is enveloping the Titans in particular. The Titans were victorious 18-12 when the Storm last visited in Round 15 last season but the Storm recorded two big victories in their two visits to Robina prior to that.

What Are The Odds: Nearly 80 per cent of the hold with Sportsbet.com.au has been placed on the Titans – they’ve firmed from $1.53 into $1.45. The Storm have drifted from $2.52 to their current quote of $2.70. No-one is keen on the Storm, even at the line (+6.5).

Match Officials: Referee: Jared Maxwell; Assistant Referee: Dave Munro; Touch Judges: Brett Suttor & Chris Butler; Video Referees: Steve Chiddy & Luke Phillips.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 7pm.

The Way We See It: Both teams come in carrying physical scars but it's the lasting mental hurt that the losers will leave with that has the greatest potential to derail a season.
Monday night's can be a hard time to inspire greatness yet the team that shows the most desperation will be the one who emerges victorious. The Titans' season is slipping away and Storm coach Craig Bellamy is questioning his team's attitude; it's time for one team to turn it around. Titans by four points.

karnage
16-06-14, 02:26 PM
If that is the case with Henry I expect to see a halves pairing of Blair and Harrison.

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 04:24 PM
I wont be watching this until later tonight, so good luck everyone, enjoy and hope we rip in.

It's a fascinating game which is impossible to predict with so many rookies.

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 06:13 PM
Binge and JR receiving their first Titans playing jersey

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqPLDynCEAEBujt.jpg:large

JR getting strapped up
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqPKWEUCQAE1loG.jpg:large

DIEHARD
16-06-14, 06:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing Roberts go.

gotitans101_
16-06-14, 07:00 PM
Stadium looks empty, meh, what gives.

Noddy1979
16-06-14, 07:16 PM
Oh dear......just absolute rubbish.

Titanic Believer
16-06-14, 07:24 PM
fine last line of defence. Roberts scores without a hand laid on him by the fullback

- - - Updated - - -

oh dear, if the luck is running the storms way, I don't like our chances.

Titanic
16-06-14, 07:32 PM
in states with poor internet .. updates appreciated

Nick
16-06-14, 07:35 PM
Tighe is in offf a grubber, KG converts, 10-6

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 07:36 PM
in states with poor internet .. updates appreciated

We've lost Henry and Harro already to injury

Zillman shocking defensively as per usual. 10-6 to Storm

Titanic
16-06-14, 07:37 PM
Thanks Nick … 4.30am in Chicago … jetlag after flight from China

Toads
16-06-14, 07:37 PM
Exciting offloads by JR. But jeez, it looks as if he'll get found out 'n gift them an intercept for it.

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 07:40 PM
Exciting offloads by JR. But jeez, it looks as if he'll get found out 'n gift them an intercept for it.

Great energy from him and his fend is deadly

impressed with JR thus far, give him more ball!

Titanic
16-06-14, 07:48 PM
what's happening lads?

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 07:49 PM
what's happening lads?

10 all halftime mate

Titanic Believer
16-06-14, 07:50 PM
10-10 half time bounce of the ball from Blair going our way

gotitans101_
16-06-14, 07:50 PM
2 lucky tries off Blair kicks.

When we were 10-0 down at the start, I was hoping they'd continue the job on us for obvious reasons.

teke
16-06-14, 07:51 PM
Roberts n mead should already have 2 tries each. The storm left side just can't handle the defence

Titanic
Cheers … tries from kicks and injuries to already injured players … sounds about normal :) who's going well?

Titanic Believer
Jr oops dangerous takarangi playing half

Titanic Believer
oops means looks oops!

Titanic
16-06-14, 07:53 PM
yes oops means looks in my house too :0 thanks though

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 07:53 PM
Cheers … tries from kicks and injuries to already injured players … sounds about normal :) who's going well?

Blair, JR, White, Mini IMO

Binge not looking out of place either

Titanic
16-06-14, 07:54 PM
anything on Carter yet? six of the best?

gotitans101_
16-06-14, 08:13 PM
So we had Melbourne under the pump - ref bins one of their players for 10 for repeatedly being offside.

So what do we do? We take the 2. Not long after, Melbourne score up the other end.

Why the f*ck would you take the 2 when the opposition is a player down? Dumb dumb dumb.

titanfan1980
16-06-14, 08:24 PM
So we had Melbourne under the pump - ref bins one of their players for 10 for repeatedly being offside.

So what do we do? We take the 2. Not long after, Melbourne score up the other end.

Why the f*ck would you take the 2 when the opposition is a player down? Dumb dumb dumb.

That's exactly what I said a penalty 10 out with a sin bin, why would you kick 2? What's worse they scored with 12 lol, on a positive how good is James Roberts!

Titanic
16-06-14, 08:27 PM
can we hold on?

gotitans101_
16-06-14, 08:38 PM
Douglas loses the ball, Melbourne on the attack.

Thankfully we defended it.

- - - Updated - - -

Storm in off a linebreak from J Bromwich with Ben Hampton in support to score the try.

Titanic
16-06-14, 08:38 PM
what's happening guys?

Tamwelg
16-06-14, 08:40 PM
Mini was in my Moejoe point until that miss.

Titanic
16-06-14, 08:41 PM
that doesn't sound good

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 08:42 PM
How hard is it to pass the ball right ffs? Give it to JR omg

lonegull
16-06-14, 08:43 PM
Ha ha that's all I can say another nail in the coffin

gotitans101_
16-06-14, 08:43 PM
Storm in again, J Bromwich causing all sorts of headaches for our defence. Everyone talks up our forward pack but I don't think we have an enforcer like most teams do.

USA Dave
16-06-14, 08:44 PM
16-24 to storm, pretty much game over

Tamwelg
16-06-14, 08:44 PM
pass from dummy hslf was forward.

Titanic
16-06-14, 08:45 PM
off to breakfast … thanks guys and thanks Cartwright, it's been nice knowing you.

USA Dave
16-06-14, 08:46 PM
Jr needs the ball more, only one who looks like breaking the line

Noddy1979
16-06-14, 08:46 PM
Just rubbish, what a crap game and what woeful football skills. How on earth we still claim to be an NRL team is beyond me, we wouldn't win the QLD cup.

USA Dave
16-06-14, 08:48 PM
Titans try! We might get lucky!

Titanic
16-06-14, 08:52 PM
dave how are you watching the game?

lonegull
Carty will drop Roberts next week because he was to dangerous in attack, still can't work out 4th need to score and Harro hits it up one up know that is great coaching, something has to give

teke
Worst game ever infront of the smallest crowd ever.

Bye bye carty

gotitans101_
16-06-14, 08:53 PM
lost 4 home games in a row, can't be good for crowd numbers.

Tamwelg
16-06-14, 08:55 PM
That miss from Mini cost us the game. He was going to get 2 moejoe points from me until that, now none. Blair did a decent job 3 points, JR looks so dangerous with every touch 2 points and 1 for the bull.

USA Dave
16-06-14, 08:56 PM
Livestream.com, I had to download zen mate add on for google to trick my google chrome browser into thinking I was in Germany haha, or u can watch games on vipbox.tv.. Things u gotta do to watch my team play while living in the states haha

Tamwelg
16-06-14, 08:58 PM
Worst game ever infront of the smallest crowd ever.

Bye bye carty

Got to edit the code so I can give you more then 1 thumbs up.

teke
16-06-14, 08:58 PM
You pinned the loss on mini, I pin it on not going right the whole game, Roberts n mead were all over the storms left.

So many missed chances

Titanic Believer
16-06-14, 08:59 PM
the boys showed some spirit, but wasted opportunities, like 3 "6 agains" in a row but ends with drop ball. Where is the composure?

KG's try was a pearler but too little too late..............again!!!

lonegull
16-06-14, 09:01 PM
You pinned the loss on mini, I pin it on not going right the whole game, Roberts n mead were all over the storms left.

So many missed chances

Totally agree surely they could see that from the coaches box

Nam78
16-06-14, 09:04 PM
Hey Guys,

I have just finished watching that on vipbox.tv also. What can I say, pretty much disappointed with that display. A couple of players like JR, Blair, Tigh and Douglas tonight kept me watching. We need JR in the team as he adds that extra enthusiasm. But like many have said in previous posts, if they play well, then they are dropped. I hope next weeks team has JR and maybe even Don. Because I feel we may not stand a chance against even the dragons. Pretty nervous about next week.

lonegull
Crowd 6497

Jonathonbcode
Holy ****, this is so frustrating. I don't wish anyone to lose employment but Cartwright has to go and Zillman has to be replaced with Mead. I'm a NSW fan and this reminds me of our 2008 to 2010 run...the Titans are not learning.

Hail Sezer
16-06-14, 09:05 PM
JR was sensational and I look forward to seeing him develop with confidence and ACTUALLY BEING PASSED THE BALL. Him and Mead would have had an absolute field day with early ball.

Agree with the comments above..Mini was great with ball in hand but his defence is really poor. Bull and White good (except whites offside at the end) and even Gordon looked better than he has in previous weeks.

That right side of Kelly, DT, JR and Mead is going to be quite exciting to watch. Once we get a new coach.

Incredibly frustrating game to watch

Boonarga
16-06-14, 09:06 PM
The players tried. Even Zillman went well after letting the first try in.
Cartwright has no idea and has to go. We've been saying it for years but he's still here!

Titanic Believer
16-06-14, 09:12 PM
Problem is with Carty it will written off as as a lose due to injuries. and conveniently forget all the poor performances over the last few years.

teke
16-06-14, 09:18 PM
That right side of Kelly, DT, JR and Mead is going to be quite exciting to watch. Once we get a new coach.
2 of them might not be here much longer

Nick
16-06-14, 09:18 PM
Taka was an absolute Buzz-kill to out attack. He was hopeless. The amount of times he had Roberts and Mead on his outside and chose to go infield was ridiculous. Most importantly he went infield on our last play when Roberts and Mead were at pace 1 on 1 against the storm left pair which they had covered easy. Such a frustrating game to watch.
Mini was our best player up until he started missing some simple tackles.

Brock O'Brien
16-06-14, 09:28 PM
2 of them might not be here much longer
Mead and....?

teke
16-06-14, 09:39 PM
Mead and....?I wish he wasnt staying, such a f'n career killa under this current regime.

Dave Taylor rumours looking elsewhere wouldnt surprise me even though management have stated he has already resigned.

karnage
16-06-14, 10:05 PM
There is nothing to say.

I just wish my #sackCarty banner had been ready for tonights game. Unfurling it in a near empty stadium when down 8 to the weakened Storm would have been perfect.

Unfortunately, I expect I will be given a few other decent opportunities.

Won't be there Sunday, they're racing at the Gold Coast Sunday instead of Saturday, but I don't think I'll be missing much.

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing to say.

I just wish my #sackCarty banner had been ready for tonights game. Unfurling it in a near empty stadium when down 8 to the weakened Storm would have been perfect.

Unfortunately, I expect I will be given a few other decent opportunities.

Won't be there Sunday, they're racing at the Gold Coast Sunday instead of Saturday, but I don't think I'll be missing much.

DavidBouveng
16-06-14, 10:25 PM
Roberts should never not be in the team if fit. Him and Mead looked dangerous on their side, and there defence was good also.

that was another game for the taking. add it to the broncs game, both panthers game and we should be top 2 still.

We have no attention to detail or game sense. kicking for 2 when they are down one is silly, kicking literally sideways for touch, then taking the tap kick on the exact point you kicked it from is beyond idiotic.

must not have shown up on TV, but Falloon looked really good early at the game. Mini looked strong until he looked weak, and thats about it.

Blair is undoing the goodwill he earned from me in the melbourne game. not sure if that was a fluke or he is getting his football instincts beaten out of him.

we are throwing premiership wins away because we cant put away weak teams....so we are the weak team

Mexican titan
16-06-14, 10:26 PM
JR was sensational and I look forward to seeing him develop with confidence and ACTUALLY BEING PASSED THE BALL. Him and Mead would have had an absolute field day with early ball.

Agree with the comments above..Mini was great with ball in hand but his defence is really poor. Bull and White good (except whites offside at the end) and even Gordon looked better than he has in previous weeks.

Incredibly frustrating game to watch

Just home from the game and yes it was frustrating. I cannot really bag them after that because I thought the effort was pretty good considering we lost Henry early, not that his early signs were promising with that kick charge down. Losing a half early is a killer. As others have said some players like Roberts looked good but will they be able to get picked again. I thought Zilly played quite well and was overdue.
I hope the Origin players can back up on Sunday as it might be ugly otherwise.

TITAN PETE
16-06-14, 10:29 PM
The plus side of the night

Roberts showed a glimpse of what he can offer & he looks like he'll be in the centres to stay.

Binge looks like he'll be a player of the future lets hope he gets plenty more game time now that another season is over.

The downside, which has become a weekly problem now after 5 losses on the trot..

Bails missed tackle try to Roberts , Zillman had a chance to stop him too

Tighe missed tackle on Chambers , try

Minichello missed tackle & the weakest of the night, try

Harrison missed tackle , try

Taka was looking good early in the match before some fool in the coaches box thought he should start wearing the 7 jersey when we had Srama sitting on the bench twiddling his thumbs....

#sackFartwright

matti
16-06-14, 10:32 PM
If the amount of fans going to the home game does not catch the boards attention then we have issues. The place looked empty on tv.:zzzz:

titanfan1980
16-06-14, 11:25 PM
Karnage can't wait for your #sackcarty banner.. It reminds of when then opened skilled back page of bully said "Build it and the will come" it's so relevant now more then ever cause if they sack carty they literally will come

- - - Updated - - -

And by the way guys.. I she'd light on here the other day about Ryan James playing injured.. We'll it seems he's set for the operating table.. I'm hearing he's been forced to play injured and it's caused a massive rift between the players and staff with the players filthy with how he's been treated ( it's obvious from his games this year compared to last year something was wrong) It was mentioned in the bully over the weekend about the blowups.. I got this from a mate in the seagulls q cup team so take it however you want.. But stay tuned I'll try to find out more

Supergoose
16-06-14, 11:25 PM
No halfback = no quality ball to the dangerous right side. Missed tackles were the story of the night. Some good glimpses but no polish. If we lose to the Dragqueens surely Cartwrights tenure will be over. Not sure where we go for a halfback now. Agree that Srama should've slotted I there. Sam Irwin might get the cal up.

USA Dave
16-06-14, 11:56 PM
No halfback = no quality ball to the dangerous right side. Missed tackles were the story of the night. Some good glimpses but no polish. If we lose to the Dragqueens surely Cartwrights tenure will be over. Not sure where we go for a halfback now. Agree that Srama should've slotted I there. Sam Irwin might get the cal up.

what about Christian hazard? is he injured?

Titanic
17-06-14, 12:13 AM
On a train to Milwaukee for a meeting and having watched the 'highlights' I just wonder WTF do our Board really think? Why aren't they being publicly questioned like every other club does? Talk about protected species … tonight was embarrassing.

DIEHARD
17-06-14, 03:33 AM
Just saw the replay.... Im going to bed.

DIEHARD
17-06-14, 03:43 AM
Gold Coast Titans at crisis point as crowds and form go missing in loss to Melbourne

THE Gold Coast Titans’ season is on life support and the club’s supporters seem to be heading the same way.

A crowd of just 6497 turned up at Cbus Super Stadium on Monday night to watch the Titans fall 24-20 to Melbourne, their fifth straight loss.

State of Origin had ripped Nate Myles, Greg Bird, Dave Taylor, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith Ryan Hoffman from the contest, and Cooper Cronk was missing with injury.

But it was nearly 3000 less than the club’s previous worst home crowd (9482 against the Cowboys in Round 4).

Three of the four worst crowds in the club’s history have been this season and last night’s was just 41 more than the 6456 that turned out to watch the Tigers and Cowboys at Campbelltown in Round 6, which was the lowest in the NRL this year.

After a 6-2 start to the season which saw them sit equal first on the ladder, the Titans are now 6-7 and languishing in 12th spot heading into Sunday’s home game against the struggling Dragons.

Aside from the Origin absences, first-choice halves Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer were also sidelined along with Paul Carter, who was stood down by the club for two weeks after being charged with high-range drink driving.

And their casualty ward grew after just eight minutes when halfback Beau Henry left the field with a suspected posterior cruciate ligament injury to his left knee.

Lock Ashley Harrison, who bravely returned from a fractured neck, went into the match still feeling some of the effects of the injury, including weakness in his left arm, and left the field after 24 minutes.

All eyes were on Titans speedster James Roberts, who was making his Gold Coast debut, but it was another Roberts who stole the show early.

Parramatta discard Ben Roberts slipped past veteran Titans prop Luke Bailey in the 11th minute, then fooled fullback William Zillman.

Centre Will Chambers, who was released from Queensland camp on Sunday, stretched Melbourne’s lead soon after.

But the Titans rallied with Maurice Blair producing two deft kicks for Brad Tighe and Kevin Gordon to score.

Kevin Gordon added to his highlights reel of freakish tries, but the Titans couldn’t find the match-winning points in the final minutes.

MELBOURNE 24 (W Chambers 2 B Hampton K Mann B Roberts tries B Roberts 2 goals) bt GOLD COAST 20 (K Gordon 2 J Roberts B Tighe tries K Gordon 2 goals) at Cbus Super Stadium. Referee: Jared Maxwell, David Munro. Crowd: 6,497.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

Titanic Believer
17-06-14, 07:45 AM
Not really up on the finer points of the game and the skills of individuals, but why didn't one of the hookers take the role of half? I recall a couple of years ago Srama seemed to be developing a bit of a kicking game?

karnage
17-06-14, 09:08 AM
Not really up on the finer points of the game and the skills of individuals, but why didn't one of the hookers take the role of half? I recall a couple of years ago Srama seemed to be developing a bit of a kicking game?

I get what you're saying but didn't Srama only see action in the last 25 minutes??

ozynorts
17-06-14, 09:25 AM
Typical JC to move two positions to cover one injury. Just move Srama there and let the rest of the guys play in the positions they have, hopefully, trained in.... Moving Taka there was a mind boggling decision...

Smakked
17-06-14, 12:45 PM
Cant say anything that no one else has said. Just shake my head and hope Carty gets the sack. but if that happens we still have searle to contend with. For a guy who put so much effort into getting an NRL club on the coast he doesn't seem interested in keeping it around long.

psmitty
17-06-14, 01:23 PM
Some may call me disloyal but for the first time in the Titans history I went for the other team. I wanted the storm to win so much.... not because I don't love my team but because I do. I see that if they continue to lose then more pressure will be put on the board to sack Cartwright and then we can finally move on and begin again under a new coach.

The problem I see on this forum is we keep saying surely if we lose against team "X" Cartwright has to go.... but after we lose we say it again and again. The time has come that he has to go.... not after we lose to St George or any other team. It is gone to far and is beyond a joke.

Smakked
17-06-14, 01:53 PM
same feeling here psmitty, i find myself hoping we keep getting beat just so it forces a coaching change

Hail Sezer
17-06-14, 01:58 PM
Mortimer will probably play for us by the looks of things

amaline
17-06-14, 02:00 PM
Yep, official. Rest of this year and 2015/2016.

TITAN PETE
17-06-14, 03:15 PM
Titans

1 William Zillman (c)
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Tighe
4 James Roberts
5 David Mead
6 Brad Takairangi
7 Maurice Blair
8 Luke Bailey
9 Beau Falloon
10 Luke Douglas
11 Greg Bird (c)
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Matthew White
15 Caleb Binge
16 Ben Ridge
17 Matt Srama
16 David Taylor
17 Nate Myles (c)

Coach: John Cartwright

- - - Updated - - -

Expect Mortimer to walk into the side even without knowing whats going on as thats what we get most weeks anyway

Smakked
17-06-14, 03:29 PM
Expect Mortimer to walk into the side even without knowing whats going on as thats what we get most weeks anyway

This is normal for us anyway, no one has a clue whats going on so he will fit straight in

mup23
17-06-14, 03:40 PM
The less he gets coached before the game, the better he'll go

Toads
17-06-14, 04:05 PM
Some may call me disloyal but for the first time in the Titans history I went for the other team. I wanted the storm to win so much.... not because I don't love my team but because I do. I see that if they continue to lose then more pressure will be put on the board to sack Cartwright and then we can finally move on and begin again under a new coach.

The problem I see on this forum is we keep saying surely if we lose against team "X" Cartwright has to go.... but after we lose we say it again and again. The time has come that he has to go.... not after we lose to St George or any other team. It is gone to far and is beyond a joke.

The thing is though, mate. Some of us have become accustomed to throwing in the towel mid season since 2011. There's no promising signs that we'll see improvement for the remainder of the season, and we know Carty isn't going anywhere. So unfortunately, it's a cycle that we're going to repeat until Carty's contract expires or gets paid out 'n torn up.

I honestly do believe Cartwright won't be dislodged anytime soon. He'll be still here come seasons end..

Titanic Believer
17-06-14, 07:23 PM
If it's a done deal that Carty will stay regardless, then let's hope the team improves and we can enjoy what's left of a lost season.

But for all fans its another year of Ground hog day all over again. perhaps like Tom Cruise and Bill Murray, we are destined to continue to repeat the pattern year after year till we finally work out what it takes to win a premiership.

Mexican titan
17-06-14, 08:43 PM
Guys,, can I remind you about the thread "Public appeal for real change...".
If you haven't done so, please consider letting the club or Board know how you feel, whether by email, letter, whatever legal means you want.
It's all well and good for us to cry on each others shoulders here but it would also be useful if we put our concern out there a bit wider. The more the better.

Titan4Life
18-06-14, 04:13 PM
Everyone played alright but I felt Mini should have come off. He let in 2-3 tries off poor tackling from being fatigued. However he was safe with the ball (for once) and ran hard.

No doubt that Mead should be our #1 but Zillman didn't play that bad. He created some opportunities and showed plenty of heart. One play he did that stood out was, in their final try when they broke though Zillman tackled the runner and then tried desperately to tackle the player who got it off the play-the-ball. You could see at the end of the game he was buggered from giving it his all.

Mead played good. Him and Roberts could form a great combo out wide (if Mead doesn't go FB). However, I don't know what he was doing in the first try. By the looks of it he told Zillman to take the back up player (Hinchcliffe?) and that he would take Roberts. But he kept running at Hinchcliffe instead, so Roberts had no one chasing him. Not to worry though, that was his only poor choice all game.

Kevvie had a good game I thought. Every time a bomb went up he was the only one chasing and he took plenty of runs to take pressure off the forwards.

We would be a dangerous side with a new coach. We have the players but not the right coach.

teke
18-06-14, 04:19 PM
Everyone played alright but I felt Mini should have come off. He let in 2-3 tries off poor tackling from being fatigued. However he was safe with the ball (for once) and ran hard.

No doubt that Mead should be our #1 but Zillman didn't play that bad. He created some opportunities and showed plenty of heart. One play he did that stood out was, in their final try when they broke though Zillman tackled the runner and then tried desperately to tackle the player who got it off the play-the-ball. You could see at the end of the game he was buggered from giving it his all.

Mead played good. Him and Roberts could form a great combo out wide (if Mead doesn't go FB). However, I don't know what he was doing in the first try. By the looks of it he told Zillman to take the back up player (Hinchcliffe?) and that he would take Roberts. But he kept running at Hinchcliffe instead, so Roberts had no one chasing him. Not to worry though, that was his only poor choice all game.

Kevvie had a good game I thought. Every time a bomb went up he was the only one chasing and he took plenty of runs to take pressure off the forwards.

We would be a dangerous side with a new coach. We have the players but not the right coach.mead yelled 3 times take the ball take the ball to zilly so he could go support.

I asked him this after the game.

DavidBouveng
18-06-14, 07:37 PM
Mark Minichello had one of his best games, except for the one major missed tackle. His effort was the energetic, tackle busting type of game i thought we bought Taylor for.

Taylor now is the workhorse, which is fine, but i thought Mini was super

Bayside Titan
18-06-14, 07:56 PM
Mark Minichello had one of his best games, except for the one major missed tackle. His effort was the energetic, tackle busting type of game i thought we bought Taylor for.

Taylor now is the workhorse, which is fine, but i thought Mini was super
Agree. Mini played well. Uptempo. Yes he missed a tackle be so do a few others that resulted on try's.

Titan4Life
19-06-14, 10:23 AM
mead yelled 3 times take the ball take the ball to zilly so he could go support.

I asked him this after the game.
I stand corrected. Cheers mate.