PDA

View Full Version : Going for the titans?

rlman
28-02-06, 12:22 PM
Ok here is my problem I have been a man of a few teams im young around 15 Started with cronulla then moved on to manly i have a 2 manly jerseys and have supported them for the past few years i love it at brookie oval but i just dont feel an attachment to any club seeing as the titans are coming in next year i thought it would be great to jump on board and support them from the begining and since they have my favorite player in Preston and look like they are going to get Prince it looks like it will be a good team with the like of Carney and Baily aswell but can i just give it all away for this team and considering i dont live in Gold coast or even Queensland i live in Nsw ...Anyways just getting this of my chest your views and theorys would be much appriciated..cheers rlman

Super Cronk
28-02-06, 12:32 PM
hmmm..your still only young so you can pick and choose a team and stick with it. I used to support canberra when i was young...but then started supporting storm in 1998 and will support them for ever, no matter what.

So with that being said ...if you start supporting titans..then stick with them!

lonegull
28-02-06, 01:40 PM
Just bite the bullet and go for the titans, I am from NSW as well but have always followed thre Gold Coast since they entered the comp as the giants the new titans club is fantastic so change over and enjoy it :hi:

Eel 33
28-02-06, 04:42 PM
I imagine you stuck with your previous teams for the entire season. That was one thing my father told me. Pick a team at the start of the year and stay with them all year, thru thick and thin. At the end of the year, if you want to jump ship, do it. I think your onto a winner by starting with a new team next year. A lot of us on here would have the Titans as a "second" team, a lot will have them as their first. But we won't "abandon ship" should things go downhill. I was sad when the Chargers were kicked out, im a lot happier now that a GC team is back. Whatever you do mate, do it with pride.

Steve Dangerous
28-02-06, 06:22 PM
pick and stick!

captaincharger
28-02-06, 06:24 PM
living outside the area shouldnt stop u from supporting a team if u plan to stick with them. i live in sydney but have supported the gold coast since their original days in 1988. even when they got rorted and left out of the comp if anyone asked me who i supported i would still them that i followed the gold coast. there were many games in sydney that i went to a game where i am sure i was the only gold coast supporter in the ground but that didnt stop me wearing my jersey with pride :happy: in fact my claim to fame is going to a game at Kogarah oval and being interviewed on tv by Russell Fairfax for optusvision cause i was the only gold coast supporter they could find. it was funny cause he asked me for my prediction on the game and naturally i said a big gold coast victory (which sadly didnt come true :cry: )
anyway u stick to the Titans and one day u too may be on tv :D :D :D

RIP
01-03-06, 08:59 PM
Well I've supported a lot of teams from broncos 89 to 98? & the doggies etc. but u still have a little soft spot 4 sum teams but I've support da GC Teams since the good old days & i've supported da Mighty Cowboys for 4 to 3 years now but come next year I'm going 4 both as much as the other So go hard & never stay home branch out a little :thumbsup: