PDA

View Full Version : Round 9: TITANS vs SOUTHS

DIEHARD
27-04-14, 05:28 PM
GOLD COAST TITANS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS

Saturday 10 May, 5:30 PM, Cbus Super Stadium

DavidBouveng
27-04-14, 05:35 PM
alby gets 2 weeks to recover if it isnt too serious luckily.

Titanic
27-04-14, 06:34 PM
The debate will roar now as where Zillman goes but QCup must be beckoning as he hasn't had a run for so long.

Titan4Life
27-04-14, 06:38 PM
The debate will roar now as where Zillman goes but QCup must be beckoning as he hasn't had a run for so long.

Totally agree. Surely Carty can't replace Mead, Don or anyone else with the way they have been playing .

Toads
27-04-14, 06:43 PM
Carty will sling TP Alby's Jersey next week.. *stands back from comment*

TITAN PETE
27-04-14, 06:59 PM
alby gets 2 weeks to recover if it isnt too serious luckily.

Possible Broken Leg

gotitans101_
27-04-14, 07:00 PM
Carty said on MMM this afternoon that he was able to put some weight on it which was good news. I hope it's not too serious.

Bayside Titan
27-04-14, 07:23 PM
Fingers crossed Alby is ok. The next 8 weeks are pretty important.

TITAN PETE
27-04-14, 07:29 PM
Kelly cleared of any fracture :thumbsup:

Titan4Life
27-04-14, 07:37 PM

Great news :)

TITAN PETE
27-04-14, 07:40 PM
This is the match to really gauge how our season is going, providing our rep players come through unscathed

DavidBouveng
27-04-14, 08:11 PM
so we back on top of ladder,and a week off from NRL football combined with some inspiration of watching rep stuff might get people itching for a game, and playing pretty well...lets try and push for 20k...with some goddam blue showing FFS! lets rock the blue please. we should do a NBA finals type thing and give aqua tops away for every person who arrives.

hammer
28-04-14, 06:39 AM
I remember last season when the Burgess brothers just smashed us on our home ground...unless our forwards stand up and be counted in the middle of the park it will be very difficult to win this one.

Titan4Life
28-04-14, 06:46 AM
Yep our fowards will play a major part in this game. Need to keep Burgess bros, McQueen, Te'o + more under control. It will be hard but I think our fowards can do the job.

DIEHARD
28-04-14, 07:07 AM
Cartwright and Zillman reminds me of Francis Ford Coppola who cast his own daughter in the Godfather III...

Bayside Titan
28-04-14, 07:47 AM

Great news for him.

Toads
28-04-14, 07:57 AM
Terrible terrible analogy, Diehard. Coppola probably only done it that one time, Cartwright does it week in week out. :laugh:

DIEHARD
28-04-14, 08:01 AM
Terrible terrible analogy, Diehard. Coppola probably only done it that one time, Cartwright does it week in week out. :laugh:

Very true. Very true.

Titanic
28-04-14, 10:15 AM
Coppola was on a winner even if I played the part in drag, a better analogy would be DH voting Pauline Hanson as PM.

TITAN PETE
28-04-14, 11:10 AM
Kelly wouldn't be playing next weekend but should be 100% for the Souths clash :thumbsup:

gotitans101_
28-04-14, 11:57 AM
We showed last year in Cairns that we can compete with the Rabbits, that was a cracker of a game.

K2G
28-04-14, 12:03 PM
I'm glad Sezer has been ruled out for the City game, and hope he and Kelly are both fresh for this one.

Agree with you GT101, great game last year - one of those ones you don't mind losing (as much), as we played so tough.

Pretty sure Zillman beat G.I. 1 on 1 to score in that game, so I think we had better rush him back in :eyebrows:

DavidBouveng
28-04-14, 01:02 PM
We showed last year in Cairns that we can compete with the Rabbits, that was a cracker of a game.
I flew up to go to it. Was great great game. Try before halftime killed us a bit, but we and especially alby came home hard trying to get the points.

K2G
28-04-14, 08:45 PM
Paul Carter could miss Souths clash, after being hit with a grade 1 tackle charge against the tigers. Apparently he has carry over points, hence the 1 match ban should he plead guilty.

I don't remember the tackle. Was it worth a week?

Sucks to lose him.

Source (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/23035541/simona-facing-three-match-nrl-ban/)

matti
28-04-14, 10:20 PM
we have Big Bird and Little Bird now

DavidBouveng
28-04-14, 10:27 PM
we have Big Bird and Little Bird now
Which I will now dub... 'The angry birds' if someone could do a mock up of their faces on the angry birds logo that would be swell.

TITAN FAN
29-04-14, 08:56 AM
They have the ability to do the job the forwards have been winning us most games
If Mead retains full back Seizer and Kelly are sweet we have a good chance

- - - Updated - - -

Carter is a massive loss

gotitans101_
29-04-14, 01:49 PM
Paul Carter could miss Souths clash, after being hit with a grade 1 tackle charge against the tigers. Apparently he has carry over points, hence the 1 match ban should he plead guilty.

I don't remember the tackle. Was it worth a week?

Sucks to lose him.

Source (https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/23035541/simona-facing-three-match-nrl-ban/)

What a joke. It was nothing more than a slap while he was going down. This game is becoming so so soft.

K2G
29-04-14, 01:54 PM
What a joke. It was nothing more than a slap while he was going down. This game is becoming so so soft.

According to Travis Meyn, we're fighting the charge at the judiciary.

But you're right GT101. Bring back the biff.

Toads
29-04-14, 02:44 PM
According to Travis Meyn, we're fighting the charge at the judiciary.

But you're right GT101. Bring back the biff.

This use to be pretty important once. If you look like losing the game, you must at least win the brawl..

TITAN PETE
29-04-14, 04:09 PM
Carter contests

NRL.com
4:00pm Tue 29th April, 2014

Carter was slapped with a Grade 1 Careless High Tackle charge for a 75th-minute shot on Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma. Due to his 51 carryover points Carter would have missed one game regardless of his plea so does not risk a longer suspension for fighting the charge. He will learn his fate at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night.

C-Whiz
29-04-14, 05:12 PM
Lucky to have the extra week for inuries to recover but also probably a bit of a God-send that prevent some players getting unnecessarily injured playing city v country.

As others have said, losing Carter could be the biggest loss coming up against the Souths pack. Hope he has a good result at the judiciary.

Blade07
29-04-14, 10:07 PM
If both halves are out would zilly play in the halves maybe or Blair and Harrison

K2G
29-04-14, 10:27 PM
<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=RnNWJubTqFkqscR0qE_XznHIKtKUTDz0"></script>

By the sounds of the injury update video from the Titans website (to the best of my interpretation)

Blair is little to no chance for souths game

Sezer and Kelly are very small chance for Souths game (Kelly more so than Sezer), but more likley week after

Tighe, Ridge, Baily, Zillman, Srama - will all be available for selection for the souths game, although Condon pretty much indicated that Srama would play for tweed again next week

Also, we have a new work experience girl in the media department. Good job lass.

K2G
30-04-14, 07:47 PM
Carter found guilty at tonight judiciary. Will miss Souths Game. Big loss.

Blade07
30-04-14, 09:52 PM
Any likely lineups people think for the souths game maybe zilly half

Titan4Life
01-05-14, 06:28 AM
Any likely lineups people think for the souths game maybe zilly half

I think:
1. Mead
2. Gordon
3. Tighe (if not fit then KFFL)
4. Taka
5. Don
6. Zilly
7. Henry
8. Douglas
9. Falloon
10. Myles
11. Bird
12. Taylor
13. Harrison
BENCH:
14. Ioane
15. Mini
16. James
17. Bailey/Ridge

Squinter98
01-05-14, 08:24 AM
I hope Sezer or Kelly (Most Likely Sezer) will be fit for this one but if not then i would love to see this side run out.

1.Mead
2.Gordon
3.KFFL (Assuming Tighe Is Unfit)
4.Taka
5.Don
6.Zillman
7.Henry
8.Douglas
9.Falloon
10.Myles
11.Bird
12.Taylor
13.Harrison
-------------------
14.James
15.Ioane
16.Mini
17.Bailey/Ridge

This game is still winnable. Just gotta have faith. ;)

Titanic
01-05-14, 09:56 AM
1. Mead
2. Gordon
3. Taylor
4. Takairangi
5. Don
6. Sezer if injured Harrison
7. Henry
8. Douglas
9. Falloon
10. Bailey
11. Bird if 13 then Ridge
12. Myles
13. Harrison if 5/8 then Bird

14. James
15. Ioane
16. Minichiello
17. Zillman

South 8+ :(

DIEHARD
01-05-14, 01:28 PM
What a personnel crisis! This is big trouble especially against the Bunnies.

Bayside Titan
01-05-14, 02:09 PM
What a personnel crisis! This is big trouble especially against the Bunnies.
Agree. Also hope that we come through the Rep games with no injury as well. This period will really test our depth.

C-Whiz
01-05-14, 08:22 PM
On the bright side... :surprise:

We get to bolster our back line with Harro at 5/8, who is a great defender and a workhorse, so I honestly see this as a positive for this game. We lose some creative strike in the middle, but this should be back to the classic "win ugly" strategy. TBH I wouldn't mind Bird back there either, same reason, but he/the team won't get the time to train it, so Harro would be my choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Sezer as HB?

Supergoose
01-05-14, 11:01 PM
I reckon we will not have the services of Sezer, Kelly or Blair. So my line-up looks like this

1. Mead
2. Gordon
3. Taylor (if Tighe is fit he'll play and Taylor into 2nd row, Mini to bench with no Ridge)
4. Takairangi
5. Don
6. Zillman (possibly Irwin)
7. Harrison (possibly Henry)
8. James
9. Falloon
10. Myles
11. Bird
12. Minichiello
13. Douglas

14. Ioane
15. Ridge/Nelson
16. Bailey
17. Srama/Irwin

Toads
02-05-14, 07:13 AM
Going by my tipping this year there has been plenty of upsets this season so far, this game could be another one. If our guys maintain there composure like they have with some of the big games this year. We just might steal 2 points away from the Bunnies.. :)

CoastSportsFan
02-05-14, 03:30 PM
This could be a massive game in the grand scheme of things. I guess the biggest thing is just trying to keep Inglis quiet, which is no easy task. The Titans have been able to win ugly this year but can they win when they are injury ridden? A test of depth.

Brock O'Brien
06-05-14, 01:39 PM
According to the text under a picture on NRL.com "Gold Coast Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been named to face the Rabbitohs this weekend despite injury concerns, while Albert Kelly is also fit and William Zillman will make a return in the centres." The official team hasn't been announced yet though.
http://www.nrl.com/round-9-teams-live-chat/tabid/10874/newsid/78185/default.aspx

DIEHARD
06-05-14, 02:20 PM
Sezer and Kelly would be optimistic IMO.

Griff0
06-05-14, 02:54 PM
Titans Team: 1 - David Mead, 2 - Kevin Gordon, 3 – William Zillman, 4 – Brad Takairangi, 5 – Anthony Don, 6 - Aidan Sezer, 7 - Albert Kelly, 8 - Luke Douglas, 9 - Beau Falloon, 10 - Nate Myles (capt), 11 - Greg Bird (capt), 12 – David Taylor, 13 - Ashley Harrison. Interchange: 14 – Mark Ioane, 15 – Ryan James, 16 – Mark Minichiello, 17 – Matt Srama, 18 – Cody Nelson

http://www.nrl.com/round-9-teams-live-chat/tabid/10874/newsid/78185/default.aspx

Happy to see Matt Srama back.

- - - Updated - - -

William Zillman is fit to return to the iSelect Titans team to play South Sydney at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday night and could make his return in the centres.

That’s where Zillman, sidelined with a hamstring injury since the round three clash against Canberra, has been named in John Cartwright’s provisional 18-man side but the make-up of starting line-up won’t be known until later in the week when the fitness of both halves, five-eighth Aidan Sezer (ankle) and Albert Kelly (leg), are assessed.

With Paul Carter suspended for one match, Matt Srama has been named on a five-man bench after coming through two Intrust Super Cup matches with Tweed Seagulls.

Please note that good seats are still available for the clash via Ticketek. A crowd of over 20,000 is expected. For transport details to get to Cbus Super Stadium please click here.

The preliminary team v South Sydney, round nine:

1 - David Mead - (Proudly sponsored by Aida Sales and Marketing)

2 - Kevin Gordon - (Proudly sponsored by Aria Apartments Broadbeach)

3 – William Zillman - (Proudly sponsored by A.S.A.P Glass)

4 – Brad Takairangi- (Proudly sponsored by Local Directories)

5 – Anthony Don - (Proudly sponsored by Britts Selected Meats)

6 - Aidan Sezer - (Proudly sponsored by QLD Roads Surfaces Contracting Pty Ltd)

7 - Albert Kelly - (Proudly sponsored by Britts Selected Meats )

8 - Luke Douglas - (Proudly sponsored by Superior Concrete Testing)

9 - Beau Falloon - (Proudly sponsored by Bradmans Windows and Doors)

10 - Nate Myles (capt) - (Proudly sponsored by NuFlow Technologies 2000 Pty Ltd)

11 - Greg Bird (capt) - (Proudly sponsored by Pro Active Electrical)

12 – David Taylor - (Proudly sponsored by Bridgehampton Plasterers)

13 - Ashley Harrison - (Proudly sponsored by Australian Bitumen Services)

INTERCHANGE

14 – Mark Ioane (Proudly sponsored by DMK Forests Products)

15 – Ryan James (Proudly sponsored by Gold Coast Health Club)

16 - Mark Minichiello (Proudly sponsored by Mulherin Rigging)

17 – Matt Srama (Proudly sponsored by Flick- Anticimex)

18 – Cody Nelson

http://www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2014/05/06/zillman_back_but_halves_in_doubt.html

Reading this we might see Carty doing what he does best. :duh2:

TITAN PETE
06-05-14, 04:02 PM
Srama was on report for a lifting tackle but not sure if he got off or not, even so i wouldn't play him he's not ready Cody Nelson looks like he'll make the step up & i'd play him over Matt

Titanic
06-05-14, 04:08 PM
I'd have had Henry in the 18 and certainly not an under-done Zillman ... it's a travesty against Souffs.

Titan4Life
06-05-14, 04:27 PM
At least Mead seems to be our #1 fullback from now on :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
06-05-14, 06:56 PM
Cartwright was just on the news, and he said "there will always be a place for William Zillman on the team while I have anything to say about it" (or words very close to those actual words).

Basically, what I get out of this is a very unhealthy way to choose a football team, that one person will always get a run, regardless of form or fitness, because the coach has a special love for him. :nope:

I like to think that public opinion and forum support has helped to keep David Mead in the #1 jumper, because Cartwright clearly would prefer TP to be back at the back.

Supergoose
06-05-14, 07:44 PM
That's a very sharp looking team. I have been a big advocate that Zillman is a left centre. Here's hoping he shows what I expect he can. I hope the halves are good to go and Srama makes a strong comeback.

Boonarga
06-05-14, 08:48 PM
The only reason Mead has the 1 is that Cartwright can save face by using Zillman to cover injuries.

teke
06-05-14, 09:35 PM
That's a very sharp looking team. I have been a big advocate that Zillman is a left centre. Here's hoping he shows what I expect he can. I hope the halves are good to go and Srama makes a strong comeback.Im expecting some of his right to left passes to end up in the stands.

Titanic
06-05-14, 11:07 PM
Im expecting some of his right to left passes to end up in the stands.
Aaaaaaah, he can pass … I knew I must be missing something …. [behind hand coughing sound] bbbbuuuulllllssssssheeeeeeeet.

DIEHARD
07-05-14, 12:27 AM
Well he isn't the Total Package then is he?

TITAN PETE
07-05-14, 10:54 AM
Origin bolter Mead keeps Zillman at bay
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
5:30pm Tue 06th May, 2014

Coach John Cartwright insists he will always find a place for William Zillman in any Titans team he is in charge of but it won't be in his preferred position of fullback for the immediate future.

The undeniable form of David Mead in the No.1 jersey both for the Titans and last Sunday for Country Origin has forced Cartwright to select Zillman in the centres for his return from a hamstring injury with the possibility of a move into the halves before game-time.

Both Aidan Sezer (ankle) and Albert Kelly (leg) have been named to play against South Sydney on Saturday night but are rated only a 50/50 chance of playing, the side's final training session on Friday to determine their ultimate availability.

Since the retirement of Preston Campbell at the end of the 2011 season, Zillman has played just one game away from the fullback position but the displays of another pocket dynamo over the past month has him on the move again.

With lingering injury concerns over both halves as well as centres Brad Tighe and Maurice Blair, Zillman shapes as the Titans' Mr Fix-It but for now the fullback position is Mead's to call his own.

"It was a really tough decision, we're just fortunate that we've got two guys that can handle a key position in your side as well as they do'" Cartwright said.

"[Mead] has probably been there for five or six weeks now and we've won most of those games and he's gone down there and played a very strong game [for Country] and is probably in line for a NSW spot.

"It's delicate, [Zillman] has been there since Preston retired and he's done a fantastic job there. It's just the fact that a guy has come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he could possibly do to keep that job.

"There will always be a spot there in the team for William Zillman while ever I've got any say in it, and that's why he's handled it so well. He knows that it's about the team and any individual disappointment that he may have will be put aside when we go on the field on Saturday."

Despite spending the past two years as the last line of defence, Cartwright is confident that previous experience at both centre and five-eighth will hold Zillman in good stead defensively and is excited at the prospect of both players getting their hands on the ball more regularly in attack.

"It's one of his strengths," he said of Zillman's defence. "He's very solid, good technique, and he's played in the front line before. If anything it adds to what we can do with the ball in hand.

"We're fortunate that we've got two guys that can handle it but also fortunate that it allows William this week to start in the centres through a few injuries there and long-term, I like the look of it.

"They're both capable to play in various positions but as far as an attacking side, I like the look of it when they're both there somewhere."

While the form of Mead has been something of a revelation, the injuries to Sezer and Mead threaten to be a major disruption against a Rabbitohs team who have their eyes on the Titans' place in the top four.

A pending suspension for Detrimental Conduct to Beau Henry from last weekend's Intrust Super Cup game for Tweed Heads further thins out the Titans' available halves this week but Cartwright has not given hope that their first-choice pairing will take the field.

"They're both very good chances, I think they're both better than 50/50," Cartwright said. "Albert's probably the main concern.

"We were fortunate to have that week off last week – they wouldn't have played last week – but the physio's pretty confident he can get them on the paddock.

"They'll have a bit of a run around [on Wednesday] but as is usual Friday is when we will have to finalise the team. We'll run a few different combinations there [on Wednesday] but at this stage we're pretty confident they'll play.

"If William had to play in the halves it could be a good Plan B for us because you do need depth right across the park and with the salary cap unfortunately you just can't cover every position as you'd like."

Titanic
07-05-14, 11:08 AM
Well he isn't the Total Package then is he?
We all know where the Goat's pictures ended up.

TITAN PETE
07-05-14, 11:43 AM
"It's delicate, [Zillman] has been there since Preston retired and he's done a fantastic job there. It's just the fact that a guy has come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he could possibly do to keep that job.

"There will always be a spot there in the team for William Zillman while ever I've got any say in it, and that's why he's handled it so well. He knows that it's about the team and any individual disappointment that he may have will be put aside when we go on the field on Saturday."

Why ?

If someone is making the previous player in the same position look 2nd rate why is that delicate, its just proving that players can rise when given an opportunity to prove themselves in a preferable position on the field, i hope Zillman plays a great game on Saturday arvo ,,,,at centre :thumbsup:

Mexican titan
07-05-14, 01:19 PM
QUOTE "It's delicate, [Zillman] has been there since Preston retired and he's done a fantastic job there. It's just the fact that a guy has come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he could possibly do to keep that job.

"There will always be a spot there in the team for William Zillman while ever I've got any say in it, and that's why he's handled it so well. He knows that it's about the team and any individual disappointment that he may have will be put aside when we go on the field on Saturday."QUOTE

This bit of the article really gets me. In other comments a number of us have listed about 11 other NRL fullbacks that are better than Zilly and that doesn't include fullbacks playing in other positions at clubs.
I wish I could see Zilly in the same light at Carty but I can't and I would love to know what I am missing.

gotitans101_
07-05-14, 01:57 PM
What's the story with Blair? Is he injured or is he dropped for Zilly?

If it's the latter then I will be absolutely outraged.

Legion Dan
07-05-14, 04:01 PM
What's the story with Blair? Is he injured or is he dropped for Zilly?

If it's the latter then I will be absolutely outraged.

Maurice Blair is injured

gotitans101_
07-05-14, 04:08 PM
thanks Dan.

C-Whiz
07-05-14, 04:24 PM
Just to change the direction of this thread for a moment...

I just went to buy tickets online for extra family to attend, and I can buy a ticket for $25, which is great value, but this can also be a ticket for an adult who gets to bring a kid for free. So far, so good, people on a tight budget can still afford to go to the footy.

Then, when I am about to buy, I see there is a 1.95% fee for credit/debit cards, and even worse, a $4.95 to have the ticket sent to my mobile! This is called a "Service Delivery Fee"!!! It costs an extra $5.30 to pick up the ticket from the Ticketek office. So, this takes the price up over $30, or an extra 20% price hike. I know this is not the Titans fault, but Hey Zuess, what an absolute rort. PS, it's been a while since I've bought tickets through Ticketek.

TITAN PETE
07-05-14, 04:43 PM
Titans v Rabbitohs preview
By Matt Harris, Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
1:00pm Wed 07th May, 2014

Titans v Rabbitohs
Cbus Super Stadium
Saturday 5.30pm

With the representative weekend done and dusted the NRL season now enters the pre-Origin phase. Players with ambitions to play for their state need to lift their game to another level over the next two rounds as selectors from both sides of the border run the rule through the maybes and the maybe-nots.

The Titans have exceeded expectations so far this season and currently find themselves sitting in equal-first position heading into Round 9 with six wins and two losses, while the Rabbitohs have been hot and cold and are currently in seventh spot with four wins and four losses. Both teams are on just a one-match winning run, so neither side has much momentum heading into Saturday's game after last weekend's representative break.

Only time will tell whether the break will be a help or hindrance but if Souths can repeat their lightning-fast start against the Broncos – where they jumped out to a 14-0 lead after 15 minutes – then the Titans may find it harder to rope them back in the same fashion that Brisbane did.

In team news, Titans halves Aidan Sezer (ankle) and Albert Kelly (leg) will be given until Friday to prove their fitness, while William Zillman will make his return from a hamstring injury in the centres. A one-game suspension for Paul Carter opens the door for Matt Srama to return on the bench alongside Mark Ioane, Ryan James and Mark Minichiello.

Meanwhile, the Bunnies are sticking with the same 17 that did the job against the Broncos, with Joel Reddy, Ben Lowe and Joe Picker added to an extended bench.

In milestones, Adam Reynolds has an outside chance of reaching 500 NRL points on Saturday night; the Rabbitohs' halfback currently sits on 482 points and would need a crushing win by his side to come close to the milestone. Reynolds has reached 18 points twice in his career – against the Raiders in the 2012 semi-finals and the Wests Tigers in Round 10 last season.

For the home side, Greg Bird is one try short of 50 in the NRL, Ashley Harrison plays his 275th NRL match and Aidan Sezer is six goals short of 100 in the top-grade – at a conversion rate of 85 per cent.

Watch Out Titans: While Josh Reynolds and Jarrod Mullen were duking it out in the City-Country clash on Sunday, John Sutton was resting a sore groin that prevented the 29-year-old from earning an Origin audition in Dubbo. With incumbent Blues' five-eighth James Maloney and another Origin hopeful, Todd Carney, nursing more serious injuries than the Rabbitohs' No.6, Saturday's match at Robina shapes as one of the last chances Sutton will have to impress NSW selectors.

The Kensington United junior is surprisingly creative for a man of his imposing size. At 190 centimetres and 105kg, Sutton's versatility (he can play lock or five-eighth) will increase his Origin chances, while his playmaking statistics this season have been impressive enough to warrant a call from Laurie Daley.

So far this season Sutton has made eight line break assists, equal fourth in the NRL and behind only Johnathan Thurston and James Maloney (nine), Cooper Cronk (10) and Mitchell Pearce (12). He has also contributed six try assists and 14 tackle breaks. An eye-catching display against the Titans is a must if Sutton wants any chance to snare his first Blues' jersey after making the NSW squad in 2013.

Watch Out Rabbitohs: Calls for Titans' flyer David Mead to become a shock selection in Laurie Daley's NSW side for Origin I on May 28 grew louder after the 25-year-old produced a scintillating performance for Country against City. The Marist Brothers Lismore junior has discovered a newfound freedom after a forced switch to fullback during the Round 3 clash against Canberra after regular No.1 William Zillman injured his hamstring.

Since his switch to custodian, Mead has bagged four tries (including his two tries against City), yet it's his powerful running ability which could pose trouble for the Bunnies. The Port Moresby-born speedster has made 21 tackle breaks this season (not including a whopping five tackle breaks for Country) and has made a total of 1139 run metres, averaging 142 metres per game - placing him 15th overall in the NRL for all run metres.

The pressure is on Mead to continue his recent flawless form as he pushes for Origin selection in the coming weeks.

Plays To Watch: Greg Inglis set the benchmark for try of the season in Round 8 against the Broncos and all eyes at Robina will be fixed on the Kangaroos and Maroons centre.

After a solid, yet unspectacular performance against the Kiwis last Friday, Inglis returns to his usual club position of fullback. The 27-year-old doesn't see enough of the Steeden playing at left centre for the Aussies and Queensland, so playing from the back and chiming into the attacking line on both sides of the field causes headaches for the opposition defensive line.

Inglis demonstrated against the Broncos that he is a threat from anywhere on the park, especially on kick returns. So far in 2014 Inglis has crossed the stripe five times, but it's his tackle-breaking ability which seems him on top of the NRL pile, with 46 tackle breaks at an average of just under six per game.

Where It Will Be Won: The battle of the forwards holds the key to victory for both sides. Forget about witnessing another 90-metre Greg Inglis solo try because the metre-men in the middle need to be the ones who carve out the hard yards. Both forward packs are brimming with Origin and international experience and as is the case with Sutton and Mead, a handful of big-boppers are auditioning for Origin I as well.

Souths forwards Ben Te'o and Chris McQueen need to perform or their Queensland hopes may perish. These two haven't displayed Origin-like form this season and are producing fewer metres and making less tackles compared to last season. Te'o has only averaged 68 run metres this so far in 2014, compared to last season when he was averaging 81m. For McQueen, while he has improved his running metres (from 65m in 2013 to 83m this year), his defensive work has decreased by 20 per cent (20 tackles per game this season compared to 25 last year).

The History: Played 10; Titans 4, Rabbitohs 6. The history between these sides is rather tight since the Titans entered the competition in 2007. However, since accounting for the Rabbitohs in their inaugural clash in Round 11, 2007, Gold Coast have only won three out of the past nine clashes. Souths are currently on a four-match winning streak over the Titans who haven't beaten the Bunnies since Round 2, 2010. The last time the Titans tasted victory over Souths at Robina was in Round 8, 2009.

Match Officials: Referees - Ben Cummins & Dave Munro; Touch Judges - Paul Holland & Clayton Sharpe; Video Referees - Chris Ward & Luke Phillips.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 5.30pm.

The Way We See It: The Titans have been bubbling along nicely so far this season but it's fair to say their sternest test will be against the Bunnies. This game will be decided on which forward pack can assert their dominance. Speedsters such as Albert Kelly and David Mead need the Titans pack to bash and bruise the Burgess brothers and company, and likewise the Rabbitohs' pack, who need to create room for Adam Reynolds and John Sutton to weave their magic. This game could be decided by a moment of individual brilliance or a crucial mistake by the opposition so with that in mind, it's the Rabbitohs by four points courtesy of some 'GI' magic.

DIEHARD
07-05-14, 04:45 PM
One thing Rugby League AND AFL should do is form a company that sells match tickets. Cut these blood sucking parasites known as Ticketek out.

Ive said before, Id love to see computerised vending machines at shopping centres that sell match tickets.

Do it NRL!

C-Whiz
07-05-14, 04:53 PM
One thing Rugby League AND AFL should do is form a company that sells match tickets. Cut these blood sucking parasites known as Ticketek out.

Ive said before, Id love to see computerised vending machines at shopping centres that sell match tickets.

Do it NRL!Great idea, and you know what would be really cool, each club prints the tickets with their clubs emblem/mascot on the back. Would be a good little collectible for traveling fans to collect, like collecting trading cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Titans v Rabbitohs previe

With the representative weekend done and dusted the NRL season now enters the pre-Origin phase. Players with ambitions to play for their state need to lift their game to another level over the next two rounds as selectors from both sides of the border run the rule through the maybes and the maybe-nots.

Souths forwards Ben Te'o and Chris McQueen need to perform or their Queensland hopes may perish. These two haven't displayed Origin-like form this season and are producing fewer metres and making less tackles compared to last season. Te'o has only averaged 68 run metres this so far in 2014, compared to last season when he was averaging 81m. For McQueen, while he has improved his running metres (from 65m in 2013 to 83m this year), his defensive work has decreased by 20 per cent (20 tackles per game this season compared to 25 last year).

This is the part I am worried about, these guys needing to lift if they want to be noticed for Origin selection.

ozynorts
07-05-14, 05:02 PM
At least Mead seems to be our #1 fullback from now on :thumbsup:

Until he gets picked for Origin and then TTP will resume at the back and Mead will be shunted to the wing....

DIEHARD
07-05-14, 05:19 PM
Great idea, and you know what would be really cool, each club prints the tickets with their clubs emblem/mascot on the back. Would be a good little collectible for traveling fans to collect, like collecting trading cards.

Wonderful idea. I used to love collecting the cards at games and badges that were sometimes on offer in the 80s and 90s.

You could fill a folder with all the games you attended. :)

C-Whiz
07-05-14, 05:48 PM
Wonderful idea. I used to love collecting the cards at games and badges that were sometimes on offer in the 80s and 90s.

You could fill a folder with all the games you attended. :)Exactly! They had some player cards at a home game a few rounds ago, actually, maybe last year... I think it was a Cowboys game. Anyway, it would have been great if they did this every round so the kids can collect them each round, trade them etc, especially of the team you are playing. Would be a good idea between clubs to provide away team collector cards at home games.

Mexican titan
07-05-14, 06:30 PM
Exactly! They had some player cards at a home game a few rounds ago, actually, maybe last year... I think it was a Cowboys game. Anyway, it would have been great if they did this every round so the kids can collect them each round, trade them etc, especially of the team you are playing. Would be a good idea between clubs to provide away team collector cards at home games.

Oh God, not more footy cards. My kid has 10 spare sets of the current series that the shops are selling and I reckon he has spent well over $1500 so far and still hasn't cracked one of the signed ones. He had a good strike rate the last few years but at least he has sold a few of his better spares to get some money back. His money so what can I do.
In relation to the ticket fees, I think the venue controls the agency and it may be written in the hiring agreement. For example Manly games at Brookie are sold through Ticketmaster but when they play at Bluetongue you buy through Ticketek. I think it is yet another way the poor old supporter gets screwed again.

DIEHARD
07-05-14, 09:19 PM
Maybe they could be in pog form.

http://i.imgur.com/dBTq9wG.jpg

Titanic
08-05-14, 10:06 AM
Match boxes? Oh yeah, don't let your kids play with matches ... or you might get burnt ... ironies fully intended for all you who enjoy that sort of thing ... heads up DH :)

1. What's safe about this product?
2. John Ribot de Brittle-sack burnt how many?
3. He's not wearing a Wests jersey ... Brisbane jersey v Qld Country.
4. And the hair? Gordon and James would be stoked.
5. They were made in China.

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 12:30 PM
GOLD COAST TITANS v SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS at Cbus Super Stadium, 5.30pm

Michael Chammas writes: This should be one of the games of the round. A lot will hinge on the fitness of Titans halves Aidan Sezer and Albert Kelly, who are both under an injury cloud after suffering respective leg injuries in the round eight win against the Tigers at Leichhardt Oval. This will be a battle of the two big forward packs, however Souths should be too strong

Tip: Rabbitohs by 4.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

I cant believe they pay them for such indepth previews at Fairfax.

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 12:31 PM
John Sutton says Rabbitohs players have vowed to ignore Gold Coast’s niggling tactics

SOUTH SYDNEY have vowed not to be upset by the niggling tactics of the Gold Coast in Saturday’s NRL clash.

Forward Ryan James has said the Titans intend to follow the lead of Manly’s Jason King and Wests Tigers’ Aaron Woods who managed to get under the skin of the Rabbitohs monster forward pack, in particular the Burgess brothers Sam and George, earlier this season.

King’s and Woods’s tactics were instrumental in their teams’ upset wins and James has declared the Titans will follow suit. But captain John Sutton insists Souths have learnt from their mistakes in getting too fired up.

“I think we learnt a lot from the Wests Tigers game, we got pretty unsettled there,” Sutton said.

“But we learnt from that and we are definitely a much better team now.

“It’s going to be a tough game with (Nate) Myles and (Greg) Bird for them, I am looking forward to it.

Queensland State of Origin back-rower Chris McQueen said Souths would be well prepared for any Titans niggle in the round nine match on the Gold Coast.

“They are a niggly team but for us it is about not letting them get under our skin,” McQueen said.

“It’s about getting out there and doing what we do best and just not buying into anything they are trying to do to us.

“That (not responding to it) might be mentioned but if we go out there and do what we do, and concentrate on us we will be alright.”

Sutton said in-form Kangaroos back-rower Greg Bird shapes as a key agitator for the Titans.

“He is a great player, he has done it all, he is a very aggressive player so we are going to have to be on top of him, across the field they have some very good players,” Sutton said.

“Bird is just a very aggressive player, that is the way he plays, you have to react to it in a positive manner, that’s the thing.

“You can’t let it get under your skin, hopefully we can do that this week.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/

nimud
08-05-14, 12:48 PM
Titans players likewise. Dave Taylor has been playing well, and will be in for a big one vs his old team & chance of a maroons jersey. Any word on Alby?

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 04:05 PM
Titans v Rabbitohs

http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx118550.jpg (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0914)

CLICK TO BUY TICKETS

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 04:06 PM
Titans players likewise. Dave Taylor has been playing well, and will be in for a big one vs his old team & chance of a maroons jersey. Any word on Alby?

I'd say we will fox until kick off. See what happens.

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 04:13 PM

Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina
Saturday, 10th May
5:30pm Kickoff

This Saturday, the Gold Coast Titans face the electric South Sydney Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium, in an all-important test for captain Ashley Harrison and his team. Sitting third on the NRL Telstra Premiership ladder, behind the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles on for and against, the Titans must prove they can beat teams that will be in Premiership contention come September.

Facing a Rabbitohs side featuring names like Inglis, Reynolds and Burgess, the Titans own stars will need to fire - especially their speedy outside attack in David Mead, Kevin Gordon and William Zillman - if they are to cement their own status as Premiership contender.

By pre-purchasing the special 'Kids-Go-Free' pass, you can take one Junior free of charge in the Eastern Grandstand!

Secure your seats now to this blockbuster match, head to Ticketek.com.au

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 04:18 PM
One-fingered salute could cost Titans gig for hopeful Beau Henry

A ONE-fingered salute to the Pizzey Park crowd could cost Titans hopeful Beau Henry his first NRL jersey in over a year.

Henry was hit with a grade one detrimental conduct charge by the Intrust Super Cup match review committee yesterday after allegedly flipping the bird to some raucous fans during Tweed’s big win over Burleigh on Sunday.

Henry is on the cusp of earning an NRL call-up as Titans playmakers Aidan Sezer (ankle) and Albert Kelly (leg) both battle injuries ahead of Saturday’s blockbuster showdown against the Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium.

Sezer and Kelly were yesterday named in a side that includes vice-captain William Zillman, who will return from a six-week lay-off at centre as the in-form David Mead retained the No. 1 jersey.

Sezer is expected to play but Kelly’s hairline fracture to his fibula is of more concern, the halfback needing to pass a fitness test on Friday.

If Kelly is ruled out, coach John Cartwright is set to look to either veteran lock Ashley Harrison, Zillman or Henry.

But Henry’s untimely alleged offence could see him miss out.

Tweed and Titans officials will discuss Henry’s charge today but it’s likely they will accept the early guilty plea, which will see him miss a week.

Cartwright said he wanted Sezer and Kelly to train today before he looked at a contingency plan.

“We’ve got guys who have been training there through the summer,” he said.

“There won’t be too many changes to the way we play.

“They’re better than a 50-50 chance. Albert’s probably the main concern.”

As revealed in the Bulletin last month, Mead has retained the fullback jersey despite the return of Zillman.

Mead has been in sensational form since Zillman suffered a hamstring injury in Round 3.

Cartwright said it was a tough decision to make but Mead had earned the role.

“It’s delicate. He’s (Zillman) been there since Preston (Campbell) retired and done a fantastic job there,” he said.

“It’s just a fact that a guy’s come in and been given an opportunity and done everything he possibly could to keep that job.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

DIEHARD
08-05-14, 04:19 PM
Gold Coast Titans fired up to battle Burgess brother

GOLD Coast prop Ryan James has revealed the Titans’ plan to bait South Sydney’s Burgess brothers after watching other teams successfully get under their skin.

The Titans have studied Round 3 footage of the Wests Tigers’ upset win over Souths, noting how Sam Burgess lost his cool after a heavy tackle on younger brother George.

Deliberately baiting the Burgess boys might be considered a death wish, but it is the confrontational style of football the hard-headed Titans love.

James said the Titans would go into the clash prepared to get in the faces of South Sydney players and flex their own premiership muscle in a game that could boost their top four credentials.

“We’ve watched that (Round 3) footage a couple of times leading up to the Tigers game, so we know it worked both ways for us because both those games were coming up,” James said yesterday.

“The Burgess brothers are still excellent players, but if you can get under their skin they can turn a little bit.

“Souths just bully their way through the middle and let Greg Inglis do the pretty stuff out the back, and it has worked for them.

“If they stick to it they’re a great side.

“We’re just going to hopefully mash their game plan up a little bit and do what we do best.”

Gold Coast’s aggressive style rattled the cage of Sonny Bill Williams and the Sydney Roosters last year, skipper Greg Bird and James clearly unnerving the Kiwi star to the point where it was believed he offered to settle the score after the game.

James backed his forward pack to be aggressive in front of up to 20,000 fans this week.

“We have such great players in the forward pack I’m sure we’ve got the experience there that can hold their forward pack,” James said.

“You play for the crowd a little bit when they’re here and play a little bit better with the atmosphere. Hopefully, we get 20,000-plus on the weekend and it’s a good game.”

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

C-Whiz
08-05-14, 05:57 PM
If anyone can niggle the Burgess boys into frustration, BIRD IS THE WORD!!!

Birdy niggles:thumbsup:
Burgess reacts:fight:
Ref blows the whistle:boo:
We kick for 2 points!:banana:
Repeat::clap:

Chaserz
08-05-14, 06:29 PM
Oh yeah, that'll do :cool:

Titanic
08-05-14, 07:50 PM

Gold Coast Titans v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina
Saturday, 10th May
5:30pm Kickoff

This Saturday, the Gold Coast Titans face the electric South Sydney Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium, in an all-important test for captain Ashley Harrison and his team. Sitting third on the NRL Telstra Premiership ladder, behind the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles on for and against, the Titans must prove they can beat teams that will be in Premiership contention come September.

Facing a Rabbitohs side featuring names like Inglis, Reynolds and Burgess, the Titans own stars will need to fire - especially their speedy outside attack in David Mead, Kevin Gordon and William Zillman - if they are to cement their own status as Premiership contender.

By pre-purchasing the special 'Kids-Go-Free' pass, you can take one Junior free of charge in the Eastern Grandstand!

Secure your seats now to this blockbuster match, head to Ticketek.com.au
Is that from our club? WTF?

gothabull
08-05-14, 11:14 PM
Is that from our club? WTF?

Ha ha that's scary eh

Hail Sezer
09-05-14, 09:34 AM
Todd Balym reporting on twitter this morning that Sezer and Kelly both training fine this morning.

TITAN PETE
09-05-14, 02:37 PM
Todd Balym reporting on twitter this morning that Sezer and Kelly both training fine this morning.

I spoke with the Club this morning & both players came through training without any problems & will be starting tomorrow :thumbsup:

Tamwelg
09-05-14, 02:53 PM
I spoke with the Club this morning & both players came through training without any problems & will be starting tomorrow :thumbsup:

That's amazing and awesome news.

DIEHARD
09-05-14, 03:10 PM
I really wasn't expecting to be so lucky. Which is great, cause it sets the scene for a blockbuster.

Titanic
09-05-14, 04:16 PM
James should shut his mouth, stand deep, run straight & hard with no stupid penalties.

Mexican titan
09-05-14, 05:37 PM

It was great to hear that news early today. I have never heard of a bloke with a supposed leg fracture (small, hairline, whatever) being fit to play in a week!
I am hoping for no late withdrawals tomorrow because it would rob the game of a lot. It will be a great test for us so lets bring it on.

DavidBouveng
10-05-14, 12:12 PM
Anyone know what time gates open?

TITAN PETE
10-05-14, 12:29 PM
Anyone know what time gates open?

Pretty sure it's 3.10 mate u know they like us to have to run to see the kick off in the 20's which starts @ 3.15

DavidBouveng
10-05-14, 12:31 PM
Cheers mate.

C-Whiz
10-05-14, 02:48 PM
I made a new banner I will be flying at this game. Keep your eyes peeled, it'll be under the NE corner scoreboard. Nothing special, but a bit of a statement. Hope Carty takes note. :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Heading down to the Dog n Parrot now for a few pre-game pints, if anyone else is planning on catching the bus from there.
I'm pretty pumped for this game. I wanted Storm, we got them, I wanted Broncos, we got them, now I want a Rabbitohs coat!
Come on Titans, fire up and smash some fuzzy bunny.

Looking forward to Burgess exploding in frustration. :banana:

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 04:52 PM
Hope we can all catch up when I get back to Oz for a few months in July. Have fun guys.

I'll be watching online, while I finish an assignment.

I checked the weather and was pleasantly surprised. Looks like there will be no rain. A dry track for two teams that are at good strength.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:18 PM
Looks like a decent sized crowd in the east at least.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:25 PM
Finally Zillman at centre. Let's hope there is no circumstances during the game that sees the Total Package back at #1.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:26 PM
Reports Mead dislocated his finger in warm up and it's been put back in place.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:39 PM

3 minutes in. Bunnies up 6-0 after an impressive try to Dylan Walker.

Crowd looks healthy, around 20,000?

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 05:39 PM
Wow that was so soft.....

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:40 PM
Lovely take by Don, safe pair of hands.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 05:45 PM
Not a good start. Already down 12-0. I think that was a double movement. C'mon Titans!!!!

lonegull
10-05-14, 05:46 PM
George burgess must have spiders on him no one wants to yackle him
So much for the pre game talk from Ryan James missed tackles and penalties

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:47 PM
Double Movement! Come on!

Noddy1979
10-05-14, 05:47 PM
Garbage defence

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 05:48 PM
This is so depressing.... when are the Titans going to show up????:nope:

lonegull
10-05-14, 05:48 PM
Another try this could be anything

rj62
10-05-14, 05:51 PM
WTF!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Just get some ball boys.....obviously it's a no defence day again.....get the ball and don't let it go...ever.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:51 PM

We are starting to get carved up now. Big of niggle after the try scored too...

rj62
10-05-14, 05:52 PM
Burgess boys are gonna rip us up and spit us out. Wasn't Carty the one saying we didn't want Hannant.....we have enough front rowers......

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:53 PM

:ugh:

rj62
10-05-14, 05:53 PM
20 in 14.5 minutes
We are goooooooone

lonegull
10-05-14, 05:54 PM
Ryan James bloody hell make a tackle souths are just Waloing through the middle I would say 100 missed tackles so far am we are only 15 minutes in

Squinter98
10-05-14, 05:54 PM
Just turned the tv off. I can't bear to see us play like this. WOEFUL

Titanic Believer
10-05-14, 05:57 PM
It had to happen eventually. Meet a team with some form

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 05:59 PM
Just turned the tv off. I can't bear to see us play like this. WOEFUL

:ugh:

amaline
Probably a fair reflection of where we really stand.

DIEHARD
Well there goes our positive differential.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:02 PM
Some stinging defence from Souths.

amaline
10-05-14, 06:03 PM
A Titans special.

Titan4Life
They're making metres. We're not.

They're making tackles. We're not

DIEHARD
Don.... BEAUTIFUL GLORIOUS intercept. Rugby League poetry. Good work mate!

Titan4Life
Good job Don

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:04 PM
Scott Prince says possession is 66/34 to Souths

Stalks
10-05-14, 06:05 PM
Let's put some good sets together boys!

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:05 PM
Speaking of stats, here is the stats Tam set up for us.

http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/score_stats.php

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:06 PM
Oh Gordo was the victim of a trademark Inglis fend.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:06 PM
Gordon giving it everything.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:07 PM
Got a chance here, 10 out. Hard to believe there is 10mins left in the half.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:09 PM
Mead some good power in those legs. Not just speed.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:12 PM
We really know how to blow chances

- - - Updated - - -

Stop giving penalties ffs:mad:

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:12 PM
Souths go for the penalty goal. Strange choice. Missed anyway.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:14 PM
Oh Kelly on the spot. So close to doing a Don there.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:15 PM
Chance to draw blood before H/T with the penalty here. We must score.

Stalks
10-05-14, 06:17 PM
Is Don, Is Good!

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:17 PM
Don on fire!! Absolute beast :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:18 PM
Don!

Don is single handedly keeping us in this match.

Titanic Believer
10-05-14, 06:19 PM
Don most improved player award!

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:21 PM
Oh Gordon nearly made something out of nothing there. Entertaining.

Well its a miracle we are only 10 points behind! Thanks Don!

teke
10-05-14, 06:22 PM
Plz don't put Ryan James back on, his flip flopping around the middle makes us very vulnerable

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:23 PM
I might be optimistic but if we play like we did in the last 10 mins we might steal it. Let's see how we start second half though...

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:35 PM
Got my chocolate milk ready for the 2nd half.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't say we clawed our way back to being 10 behind. It was really just luck. An intercept and a gamble with a bomb.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't say we clawed our way back to being 10 behind. It was really just luck. An intercept and a gamble with a bomb.
Yeah true.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow good start again......

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:39 PM
Dylan Walker in for his third. Roar from the crowd sounds like a home crowd. Lots of Rabbitohs there.

Nice bit of work actually.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:40 PM
Yeah bunnies are playing really good

rj62
10-05-14, 06:43 PM
Interference?

amaline
10-05-14, 06:44 PM
Interference?

I was surprised they didn't pick that up live.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:46 PM
Interference?

Yep. Thought they were gonna give it for a minute. We need to score here.

- - - Updated - - -

Dropped it. OMFG:mad:

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 06:50 PM
19,107? Crowd? Good effort.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:52 PM
Ioane is really impressing me. Hits it up very strong.

Titanic Believer
10-05-14, 06:54 PM
One trick ponies, hit it up and then kick!

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 06:54 PM
In other news, we are looking really bad atm

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:00 PM
Wow.... Looks like a Souths try to me. Off his shoulder...

ozynorts
Note to Ryan James. Don't poke a sleeping bear with a sharp stick. It may wake up and bite you.................

DIEHARD
Good job video refs :)

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:01 PM
LOL The Burrow have a BULL**** chant going pretty well.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:01 PM
I agree with the decision actually. Came off Johnstone hand

Titanic
10-05-14, 07:03 PM
just got in and no telecast … how are we going?

Boonarga
10-05-14, 07:04 PM
19,107? Crowd? Good effort.

Just a pity that 15,000 of them are Bunnies fans.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:06 PM
SHUT
THE
UP
GUY
ON
MICROPHONE
YOU
ARE
EMBARRASSING
OUR
ENTIRE
CLUB

ozynorts
10-05-14, 07:07 PM
just got in and no telecast … how are we going?

down 28-12

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:08 PM
Damn... Forward pass

- - - Updated - - -

We are GORRRNNNEEEE. 32-12 :nope:

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:09 PM
Just a pity that 15,000 of them are Bunnies fans.

Good on em. Really making an atmosphere.

teke
10-05-14, 07:10 PM
This is where the titans are at, well below the best in the comp

rj62
10-05-14, 07:10 PM
Who is walkers opposite?

Titanic Believer
10-05-14, 07:11 PM
Any coincidence 4 tries to walker given our centre combination?

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:11 PM
**** now it is going to be 40. With 12 left.

Titanic
10-05-14, 07:13 PM
have we dropped our bundle? how's zillman going?

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:14 PM
Missed tackles 41 to 8 and counting

rj62
10-05-14, 07:15 PM
Missed tackles 41 to 8 and counting
What????

Boonarga
10-05-14, 07:15 PM
These two should be the Blues halves. Sutton is way underrated.

Titan68
10-05-14, 07:16 PM
have we dropped our bundle? how's zillman going?

41 missed tackles BLOODY HELL

Titanic Believer
10-05-14, 07:18 PM
Reality check! massive difference in class. There are just so many games that can be won by effort and the other sides mistakes.... to their credit the boys haven't given up but.....

Titanic
10-05-14, 07:18 PM
Aaah, the much commented on "defence wins matches" and James will belt the Burgess' twats … what a load of poop.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:22 PM
Wonder what crap Carty will say in press conference.

hatchy84
10-05-14, 07:22 PM
Should be fired up for donkeys at least

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:23 PM
Should be fired up for donkeys at least

Hopefully. We can't go any worse

lonegull
10-05-14, 07:24 PM
One thing is noticeable is how slow our forwards are probably the exception being Ioane who hasn't stopped trying, the likes of myles James and harro just seem to be walking up and happy to get tackled the take 5 minutes to get up,and play the ball, where souths forwards seem to be a lot quicker in the way the run and get up and play the ball they have slaughtered the titans up the middle and got good roll ins through their speed in the forwards oh well we move to next week, first time tonight in my entire life I have turned the TV over to another channel never thought I would ever do it but tonight I just couldn't bear it anymore

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:25 PM
Well... that was a wake up call... I hope we can rally against the Broncos.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:25 PM
Our best attacking play all night by Kelly and Taylor there.

Smakked
10-05-14, 07:26 PM
Didnt expect us to win but a better performance would have been better we suck thats all there is to it.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:26 PM
Don is such a tremendous player. Really love lanky wingers and fullbacks.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 07:28 PM
I'm gonna go watch Storm v Manly...

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:30 PM
One thing is noticeable is how slow our forwards are probably the exception being Ioane who hasn't stopped trying, the likes of myles James and harro just seem to be walking up and happy to get tackled the take 5 minutes to get up,and play the ball, where souths forwards seem to be a lot quicker in the way the run and get up and play the ball they have slaughtered the titans up the middle and got good roll ins through their speed in the forwards oh well we move to next week, first time tonight in my entire life I have turned the TV over to another channel never thought I would ever do it but tonight I just couldn't bear it anymore

Yeah Ioane has impressed me as well. Can't say the same about Myles,James and Harro. Even Douglas had a shocker.Taylor had an up and down game.

- - - Updated - - -

What did everyone think of Srama comeback game?

teke
10-05-14, 07:32 PM
Our forwards got pumped, gave away too many dumb penalties errors etc...just a miserable game.

The slide is under way, although I think it could be a free fall

Titanic Believer
10-05-14, 07:33 PM
Defence wins games but our attack was just nothing...no variety no execution, this has been consistent all season, and previous years so where is the improvement?

Boonarga
10-05-14, 07:34 PM
What did everyone think of Srama comeback game?

One of the positives. He is top class.

Tamwelg
10-05-14, 07:35 PM

Throw Taylor in there as well mate, he went well, but the rest of the forwards crap. In the backs Kelly Mead and Don went well, Zillman, Gordon and Sezer crap.

Way too many missed tackles and completion rate way below par.

Titan4Life
10-05-14, 07:39 PM
Our attack:
Tackle 1- Mead run back
Tackle 2- Winger hitup
Tackle 3- Slow Forward hit up
Tackle 4- Slow Forward hit up
Tackle 5- Slow Forward hit up
Tackle 6- Bomb/Punt kick

- - - Updated - - -

One of the positives. He is top class.

Yeah he seems to add a bit of spark to our.... 'attack'

Titan68
10-05-14, 08:28 PM
Well that was PATHETIC. just wondering if we are capable of scoring tries , other than the ones we score off kicks. Also why was William Zillman out there ( I don't think he even got his jumper dirty ) HE DID NOTHING. Should of come back through Qld Cup. That's my opinion. Just very disappointed with the result.

DavidBouveng
10-05-14, 08:52 PM
Well that was PATHETIC. just wondering if we are capable of scoring tries , other than the ones we score off kicks. Also why was William Zillman out there ( I don't think he even got his jumper dirty ) HE DID NOTHING. Should of come back through Qld Cup. That's my opinion. Just very disappointed with the result.

Come on now, he did some good kick offs after every Souths try.

teke
10-05-14, 08:57 PM
Nothing should over shadow cartys useless attack, zilly was not the problem at all

DavidBouveng
10-05-14, 08:57 PM
I thought Taylor, Ioane and Douglas were strong. Starting James was a mistake. Douglas came on and ran straight and hard.

Don good, mead strong but not really a night for a FB to run free.

Our game is based on attitude, and we were lacking tonight and it's not pretty when it happens.

Korisau au was a beast and we couldn't handle him, walker either.

I had a bad feeling about this game when a mate saw the whole team at a nightclub till 2am last week. I know it was the week off and they deserve a break, but Kelly and sezer were under huge injury concern and def shouldn't be out drinking and dancing. Are we hungry enough.

DIEHARD
10-05-14, 09:28 PM
Bird on report as Rabbitohs run riot

NSW's hopes of breaking Queensland's State of Origin stranglehold may rest with the match review committee after Blues enforcer Greg Bird was placed on report for a lifting tackle in the Titans' 40-18 loss to South Sydney on Saturday night.

Bird, who was engaged in a running battle with the referees for much of the evening, was part of a three-man tackle that got Rabbitohs winger Bryson Goodwin into a potentially dangerous position in the 60th minute of a lopsided encounter.

It was a controversial moment that could potentially overshadow a memorable evening for South Sydney centre Dylan Walker, who showed that he is as quick between the ears as he is with his feet with four tries at Cbus Super Stadium.

A week after enduring a tough afternoon in his senior representative debut opposing Jamal Idris in the City-Country fixture, Walker toyed with the Titans defence from his very first possession and had three tries by the 43rd minute of the game, adding a fourth in the 66th minute courtesy of a Greg Inglis offload close to the Titans' line.

And it wasn't just Walker who staged his own coming-out party, with fellow 19-year-old Alex Johnston adding two more tries to his four-pointer on debut against the Broncos in Round 8 and Kirisome Auva'a proving a handful for the Titans' right-edge defence.

In front of a crowd of 19,107 who created an atmosphere more reminiscent of Redfern than Robina, the Rabbitohs bounced out to a 22-0 lead inside the opening 20 minutes before the Titans worked their way back into the game with two tries of their own before half-time.

Walker's third try in the third minute of the second half extended the Rabbitohs' advantage to 16 points and they continued to pressure the Titans tryline. Walker was denied a fourth try before later righting the ledger, while Johnston's 90m effort was brought back as last year's preliminary finalists asserted their premiership credentials against a side still trying to convince many that they are genuine contenders.

After Walker scored his fourth try in the 65th minute, Johnston showed how quickly his NRL education is developing by following George Burgess up the middle of the ruck and being perfectly positioned to take a flick pass from the rampant Englishman and racing 20m to score under the posts.

The Titans may have been given first use of the football but from the moment Inglis collected an Aidan Sezer kick on his 20-metre line and charged into the Gold Coast defence the Rabbitohs completely dictated the terms of play.

From the very next tackle Walker went skirting around the Titans' left-edge defence and by the time he got to Gold Coast winger Anthony Don on the very outside and still had Auva'a in support the fast break was on. Auva'a was set free down the left and managed to hold off two Titans defenders for long enough to position Walker on his inside, his left-hand offload sending his centre partner on an unimpeded run to the line.

From the very next set George Burgess – who made 39 metres in his first two hit-ups – rumbled through the middle of the field on a trademark charge and in the seventh minute Auva'a went from provider to try-scorer, when he collected a John Sutton kick that deflected off Titans second-rower Dave Taylor before landing in his arms six metres out from the line.

Auva'a then burrowed his way towards the line and when the video referee had decided there was insufficient evidence of a possible double movement to overturn the on-field official's ruling the Rabbitohs had their second.

Just three minutes later they had their third when Walker danced around at dummy-half before using his speed and power to bullock his way over in the right-hand corner and the visitors had converted 65 per cent of possession into 16 points by the 10th minute.

George Burgess, Sam Burgess and Kyle Turner continued to make inroads in the middle of the field and when Inglis stepped in to first receiver with the Titans on the back foot the alarm bells should have reached maximum volume.

Inglis did a number on Sezer 35m out before releasing Adam Reynolds on a run into the backfield, where he sized up the chasing David Mead before sending a perfectly-timed pass for winger Johnston to score on the right and a 22-0 lead after 15 minutes.

The Titans finally began to work their way into the contest and although they wasted some attacking opportunities inside the Rabbitohs 20m line, they turned momentum against the run of play when Anthony Don seized a floating John Sutton pass before running 60m to put the home side on the board.

It was Don again just before half-time who gave Titans fans some glimmer of hope to cling on to at the break when he soared high above Auva'a and Bryson Goodwin to snatch a flat Albert Kelly cross-kick, Sezer's subsequent conversion making the deficit a manageable 10 points at the break.

It wasn't a night without some nervous moments for Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire, with Reynolds having to leave the field with concussion in the 52nd minute and battling a back injury, and Inglis looking troubled by a leg injury throughout proceedings.

The Titans must now pick themselves up for a showdown with Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium next Friday night which will take on extra significance with the gruelling Origin period looming large on the horizon.

South Sydney Rabbitohs 40 (Dylan Walker 4, Alex Johnston 2, Kirisome Auva'a tries; Bryson Goodwin 4, Adam Reynolds 2 goals) defeated Gold Coast Titans 18 (Anthony Don 2, Dave Taylor tries; Aidan Sezer 3 goals) at Cbus Super Stadium. Crowd: 19,107. Half-time: Rabbitohs 22-12.

http://www.nrl.com/

GCT_89
10-05-14, 09:44 PM
We have never played as well as the Rabbitohs did tonight....ever
They are a force to be reckoned with....

Bring on next week, I hope Carty and the boys took some notes tonight....

TITAN PETE
10-05-14, 09:53 PM
Pathetic effort again & it shows we are a longway behind the likes of Souths,Rooters & Manly, our attack is easily the worst in the NRL, never looked like scoring in the 2nd half , 5/8 is a worry Sezar is very predictable & offers almost nothing.

Next Friday we have the Donkeys without Bird he will get a minimum of 1 week but I think Carter will get his 1st chance of a starting spot & he was missed tonight.

Zillman & Srama looked well short of a run.

Don,Ioane & Taylor were our best.

Mexican titan
10-05-14, 10:15 PM
Pathetic effort again & it shows we are a longway behind the likes of Souths,Rooters & Manly, our attack is easily the worst in the NRL, never looked like scoring in the 2nd half , 5/8 is a worry Sezar is very predictable & offers almost nothing.

Next Friday we have the Donkeys without Bird he will get a minimum of 1 week but I think Carter will get his 1st chance of a starting spot & he was missed tonight.

Zillman & Srama looked well short of a run.

Don,Ioane & Taylor were our best.

I think Bird was at the minor end and unless he has carryovers I hope he might be ok. But to the game and after just watching Manly blow a two try lead against the Storm with less than 10 to go my mood is not good, although Manly's spirit with all the players out is something few clubs have.
I think Pete's summary above covers it a nd everyone else who has commented about the Titans attack, or lack of it, is spot on. However it is what most of us have been saying for a while. This game just showed how far we are below the top group of sides and tonight showed that we were false leaders.
I am over reading about how we are tops for offloads blah blah but prior to tonight we were ranked 13th for points scored. Stats can be twisted to read anyway - a few years back Souths topped the completion rate but they came nearly last because even though they completed sets they did FA with the ball. I cannot understand therefore why the Titans do not have the highest completion rate!
Other than Taylor and Don there were no positives. I know on Forums it is poor protocol to type in BLOCK letters as it means you are yelling. So I will not type in block letters that Sezer must go. He is slow, cannot direct the team and other than goal kicking offers little.
Grrrrr!

Bayside Titan
10-05-14, 10:46 PM
To me it was the Titans of old. We lacked motivation , enthusiasm and respect. We looked disinterested and a
Team playing on one leg. Game plan what game plan? To me it was crap.

We have been lucky up to now and the Bunnies really pulled our pants down. Also looked like that somebody did the math last night and said if we loose the worst we will end up is 3rd on the ladder. Ione , Taylor and Don were the only ones that had a dig the rest were passengers. Zilly. Didn't even notice that he was on the field so his jersey won't need a wash this week. Maybe just a spray with some deoderant to freshen it up. If we play like this the next two weeks we will have some more pain come our way against the Broncos and Storm.

Poor performances like that will well and truly hamper or crowd numbers going forward. Why watch us get flogged at home when they can go and watch the Suns win.

Nick
10-05-14, 10:54 PM
I actually thought Srama produced much better service than Falloon, I have always thought this. Srama seems he needs a few more games under his belt but I have him ahead of Falloon in hooker. Zilly was next to useless out there, his defence the real low light along with many others tonight just ball watching rather than wrapping up Souffs offloads. We were made to look very poor out there and almost set some new records for missed tackles!

Titanic
11-05-14, 01:02 AM
Henry to 7, Kelly to 6

teke
11-05-14, 01:41 AM
You can highlight this person played bad that person played bad but when u have Ben Ikin chuckling before the game about the Titans woeful attack there is only one direction the finger should be at.

Mexican titan
11-05-14, 06:45 AM
You can highlight this person played bad that person played bad but when u have Ben Ikin chuckling before the game about the Titans woeful attack there is only one direction the finger should be at.

I think we know who that is. The one problem with our easy draw to start the season and us getting results that hid the real problems, is that the coach will survive - again. We may hover around the top 8 for most of the season and get a few ugly wins but the team playing the way they are is no threat to anyone.

C-Whiz
11-05-14, 08:29 AM
Missed tackles, simple as that.

Forget everything else that happened last night, and if we missed only HALF the amount we missed then it would have been a close game. Nothing else other than attitude tonight. Sure our attack was the typical useless, flat, uninspired crap we are renowned for, but this was a game to be won on aggression, attitude and defence. We leaked tackles, which lead to offloads, which led to line breaks which lead to points. Lots of them.

I don't know what happened by who exactly, I will watch the replay, but clearly it was just a lack of mongrel in the defensive line. They just smashed through us. We were embarrassed by them.

Toads
11-05-14, 09:14 AM
No point commenting about the game, I just want to know if they at least hung around and greeted the Fans, post match?

Hopefully that wasn't a half-ar$ed effort as well.

P.S. I'm tipping Taylor to get a Origin recall this year. :)

TITAN PETE
11-05-14, 01:19 PM
Missed tackles, simple as that.

Forget everything else that happened last night, and if we missed only HALF the amount we missed then it would have been a close game. Nothing else other than attitude tonight. Sure our attack was the typical useless, flat, uninspired crap we are renowned for, but this was a game to be won on aggression, attitude and defence. We leaked tackles, which lead to offloads, which led to line breaks which lead to points. Lots of them.

I don't know what happened by who exactly, I will watch the replay, but clearly it was just a lack of mongrel in the defensive line. They just smashed through us. We were embarrassed by them.

Come on Souths missed 4 tackles too we only had 40 missed , can't blames Zillman he only missed 4 but he did make 2 tackles throughout the 80 while his opposed number scored 4 try's

Titanic
11-05-14, 02:42 PM
I just refuse to comment on the game after watching the replay because nobody's opinion means anything to the people who matter in this … the players, the selectors and the coaching staff were equally responsible … Stuart may apologise but our Cartwright needs to take a good long look in the mirror.

DavidBouveng
11-05-14, 06:14 PM
Come on Souths missed 4 tackles too we only had 40 missed , can't blames Zillman he only missed 4 but he did make 2 tackles throughout the 80 while his opposed number scored 4 try's

he could have had 6 or 7 tries if not for some video ref calls.

I think Zill cleary needed a catch up game for burleigh before marking one of the quickest and sharpest 19 year olds ive ever seen.

Think James got the burgess guys fired up then didnt show up for the fight he called, and they just smashed us. Douglas made a huge difference when he came on. not saying we win, but i think the game wouldnt have been over after 15 minutes if he had have started.

Taylor is surely our second best player after Bird this year, and over last month its probably him and Mead (not a game for Mead to shine last night) who have led the way.

matti
11-05-14, 06:57 PM
We are never going to score points if carty is still the coach. Was looking forward to this game..

At least my vcash is winning

Mexican titan
11-05-14, 07:22 PM
Think James got the burgess guys fired up then didnt show up for the fight he called, and they just smashed us. Douglas made a huge difference when he came on. not saying we win, but i think the game wouldnt have been over after 15 minutes if he had have started.

James last night seemed to return to the dumb footy he was guilty of last year. Not only did he say some dumb things before the game re the Burgess boys, that penalty where he took the legs of the Souths kicker was equally stupid. But of course he was not the reason for that performance.
DB - I'll have to watch the replay to see what you mean about Douglas because I didn't really think he changed things. That said the game was already over and I had lost a lot of interest. It's lousy going to a game and find it's over after 10 minutes. Of course as soon as Souths had scored 16 points we all new it was over as even if the Titans had not conceded another point it was very unlikely we would score more than 16 to win, and that is against anybody, let alone a top side.
I must say though, for all my complaining about our attack and the teams performances, the Rabbits were red hot last night and would have beaten most, if not all on that performance.

TITAN PETE
11-05-14, 07:25 PM
he could have had 6 or 7 tries if not for some video ref calls.

I think Zill cleary needed a catch up game for burleigh before marking one of the quickest and sharpest 19 year olds ive ever seen.

Taylor is surely our second best player after Bird this year, and over last month its probably him and Mead (not a game for Mead to shine last night) who have led the way.

Agree with the Douglas comment he was fantastic when he came on but maybe he had a few beers & a pie at halftime because he was near the worst in the 2nd half pretty much giving up 2 tries through poor handling

C-Whiz
11-05-14, 08:29 PM
No point commenting about the game, I just want to know if they at least hung around and greeted the Fans, post match?I don't think the fans bothered to hang around to meet the players.
Unless they were wearing crimson and myrtle.

DavidBouveng
11-05-14, 09:14 PM
Agree with the Douglas comment he was fantastic when he came on but maybe he had a few beers & a pie at halftime because he was near the worst in the 2nd half pretty much giving up 2 tries through poor handling

yeah i wasnt watching as closely in the second haf, but watch his charges once he came on in first half, he ran hard, straight and bent the line. only he and Taylor were doing it at that point. then ioane had a dig when he came on.

someone else said rabbits were on fire...its true. they would have put 60 against some teams. we did well to hold out in the middle 55 odd minutes. after 20 minutes. it was 18 all for the rest of the game.

and lol to mexican titan you are 100% correct. once it got to 16, i thought, well we dont have three tries in us on most nights, let alone once we on our back like we were.

We only got back into the match cos Mcguire took Api Koroisau off maybe under the mercy rule. he was carving us around the ruck like ive not seen before. except round 2 against tigers...

also, we actually spread the ball from hooker to sezer to alby to taka a few times and made ground...but nothing near the line of course. its just 3 towards the posts once we get into the red zone.

should aim to play more away games, we play better on the road right now.

DavidBouveng
11-05-14, 09:41 PM
had a funny thought about Don. He is a genuine first grader now. He is as strong as anyone weve had under the high ball probably, and defence is alot better. can finish well. If he could kick goals like the classic 'good, but your not sure why' wingers a la Halligan, Chook Herron or Eion Crossan (****s me how you spell it) , he'd play the next 200 games straight and have godfather themed banners with 'The Don' on them. we can call him Big Tony then too.

start having some pot shots for goal at training mate, if Sezer goes down, we only have bird....your a chance!

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the fans bothered to hang around to meet the players.

Whizzer...are we going to go on another man date to watch the titans v broncos? you can take me to the gay bar again, and ill pretend you didnt know it was one!

and my shout on the pork hide crackers this time. extra salty!!!

karnage
11-05-14, 09:44 PM

I'm nit-picking here but Souths colours are Cardinal and Myrtle.

I read all the post-match comments on here, as I always do, and that was all I could be bothered to add... It probably took me more effort to do this than half our team showed. We have a top 8 spot within reach but the next fortnight - up at Brisbane and at home to the Warriors will be telling.

Our for and against has nwo dropped to -14.

Brock O'Brien
11-05-14, 09:48 PM
I read on a forum that the only way we will miss out on the finals is if we lose 10 out of our last 15 games. So luckily for us a finals spot is all but assured, but we are never going to be a serious threat if we play how we did last night.

mup23
11-05-14, 10:35 PM
We'll need to win at least 6 of our last 15. Probably 7 with our for and against the way it is

Last 15 games
2007 6/15
2008 3/15
2009 10/15
2010 8/15
2011 3/15
2012 8/15
2013 6/15

DavidBouveng
11-05-14, 10:45 PM
The early fade outs were with heavy injuries, as was last year, but I agree our grinding style can't last the whole season.

DIEHARD
12-05-14, 12:45 AM
Very tough road ahead.

DIEHARD
12-05-14, 12:45 AM
The rise and fall of the Warriors and Dragons will weight heavily for us.

mup23
12-05-14, 06:20 AM
Our draw isn't worse than anyone else's. Certainly nothing that can be used as an excuse. 8/15 games at home though- our two sickeningly embarrassing games have both been at home

Our future is in our hands but it's feeling awfully familiar

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully someone gets in the players/coaches' ears and explain that if we can put a couple of teams to the sword then we can make the 8 with 6 wins instead of needing 7

Not that we should be aiming for 8th

C-Whiz
12-05-14, 08:04 AM
I'm nit-picking here but Souths colours are Cardinal and Myrtle.I stand corrected, and thanks for the info. I'm not sure where I got the crimson from now, but would have put good money on it being their version of red.

had a funny thought about Don. He is a genuine first grader now. He is as strong as anyone weve had under the high ball probably, and defence is alot better. can finish well.He is firming up as the next cult figure for the Titans.

and have godfather themed banners with 'The Don' on them. we can call him Big Tony then too.Yeah, the Meady banner didn't get much of a chance to have a run. A simple "Is Don, Is Good" might be the next thing I roll out.

Whizzer...are we going to go on another man date to watch the titans v broncos? you can take me to the gay bar again, and ill pretend you didnt know it was one!I'm def gonna head up for this one, so maybe we can get a traveling forum crowd. And it will help fill the dance floor when the club is empty. :laugh:

Toads
12-05-14, 08:33 AM

Yeah well, I guess we can't blame the Fans that bolted early. Just a shame that the connection the Fans/Players have these days is fairly distant to what it once was in our first 3 or so years of the comp..

TITAN PETE
12-05-14, 11:57 AM
Gold Coast Titans lost to South Sydney Rabbits after the worst defensive performance of the 2014 NRL competition
TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN MAY 11, 2014 11:42AM

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright is set to wield the selection axe ahead of Friday’s derby against the desperate Broncos after the Titans produced the worst defensive performance of any team this year.

Preliminary analysis by Fox Sports Statistics found the Gold Coast missed 54 tackles in *Saturday’s 40-18 loss to the Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium.

The figures will be audited today but it was another match in which the Gold Coast’s frontline defence was exposed.

The Titans have missed the most tackles of any team this season and have relied on their scrambling defence to keep them in contests.

But the rampaging Rabbitohs were too hot to handle for the Titans, bursting out to a matchwinning 22-0 lead inside the opening 15 minutes to relegate the Gold Coast to their third loss this season.

The Titans travel to Suncorp Stadium on Friday for the second derby of the year and Cartwright is set to make changes.

Prop Ryan James is almost certain to be relegated to Tweed Heads after making four runs for 32m while bench hooker Matt Srama may also find himself back in the Intrust Super Cup as he continues his return from a shoulder reconstruction.

Veteran Luke Bailey will be fit to return from an ankle injury while Matt White and Paul Carter are available after serving suspensions.

Lock Ashley Harrison copped a head knock from a high tackle by Rabbitohs prop Luke Burgess but declared he would be fine to face the Broncos.

“I’m sweet. It was a bit of a head knock and I pinched a bit of a nerve in my neck,” he said. “I was just a bit dazed.”

Harrison didn’t want to speculate on possible team changes but said the Titans received a harsh reality check.

“I’m sure we all as a team have got to have a hard look at ourselves,” he said. “It was definitely a reality check anyway.’’

Vice-captain William Zillman’s performance will also come under the microscope. Zillman started at centre for the fifth time in his career as he returned from a hamstring injury and his opposite, Dylan Walker, 19, crossed for four tries.

Zillman only managed three runs and regular centres Maurice Blair (wrist) and Brad Tighe (shoulder) will be available for selection.

- - - Updated - - -

Srama,Zillman & James should be the 1st players dropped if we have a coach that has any Balls..

gotitans101_
12-05-14, 12:54 PM
Vice-captain William Zillman’s performance will also come under the microscope. Zillman started at centre for the fifth time in his career as he returned from a hamstring injury and his opposite, Dylan Walker, 19, crossed for four tries.

yeah right.

Titanic
12-05-14, 04:10 PM
Srama,Zillman & James should be the 1st players dropped if we have a coach that has any Balls..
Yep and give Sezer, Minichiello and Gordon a wake-up too ... Henry, Carter, White, Blair, Bailey and Tighe.

1. Mead
2. Tighe
3. Blair
4. Takairangi
5. Don
6. Kelly
7. Henry
8. Bailey
9. Falloon
10. Myles
11. Taylor
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Ioane
16. Douglas
17. Carter

Mr Stupid
12-05-14, 04:12 PM
From The Guardian....

"Was the Titans loss an aberration or a portent of doom?

Watching the Rabbitohs take apart Gold Coast on their home patch on Saturday night it crossed the mind that this could be the point the Titans, previously walking the high wire with confidence and purpose, look down and get the death wobbles. Up against a Rabbitohs’ pack bolstered by a buttress of Burgesses – and the flying feet and deceptive power of Dylan Walker– the Titans were trampled underfoot, and but for a brief rally before half-time they did not look like the team that have been there or thereabouts all season. Prior to the game Greg Bird opined that the Titans weren’t getting the media love they deserved for their impressive start to the season. He was right, but now this seven-tries-to-three loss will play into the hands of all those who have the treated the Titans’ gravity-defying start as a prelude to the inevitable fall. A win next week against their rivals, the Broncos, may see their Souths result safely compartmentalised as “just one of those days”, but another loss may sow the seeds of doubt and get them thinking that maybe the sceptics were right. "

Mexican titan
12-05-14, 05:37 PM
From The Guardian....

"Was the Titans loss an aberration or a portent of doom?

Watching the Rabbitohs take apart Gold Coast on their home patch on Saturday night it crossed the mind that this could be the point the Titans, previously walking the high wire with confidence and purpose, look down and get the death wobbles. Up against a Rabbitohs’ pack bolstered by a buttress of Burgesses – and the flying feet and deceptive power of Dylan Walker– the Titans were trampled underfoot, and but for a brief rally before half-time they did not look like the team that have been there or thereabouts all season. Prior to the game Greg Bird opined that the Titans weren’t getting the media love they deserved for their impressive start to the season. He was right, but now this seven-tries-to-three loss will play into the hands of all those who have the treated the Titans’ gravity-defying start as a prelude to the inevitable fall. A win next week against their rivals, the Broncos, may see their Souths result safely compartmentalised as “just one of those days”, but another loss may sow the seeds of doubt and get them thinking that maybe the sceptics were right. "

Strange article. "Confidence and purpose"? - we had the 11th rated attack prior to the weekend.
"A brief rally"? - only started with an intercept. Prior to that we never looked like scoring a try, and the second try came from a kick so it's not as if we looked like breaking the Rabbits defensive line. FFS.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Bird was at the minor end and unless he has carryovers I hope he might be ok.

One of my better calls!!:frown:

Kevin Rablin
12-05-14, 05:51 PM
I read on a forum that the only way we will miss out on the finals is if we lose 10 out of our last 15 games. So luckily for us a finals spot is all but assured, but we are never going to be a serious threat if we play how we did last night.

There are 4 points between us and 13th on the ladder. So i would say we are far from assured a finals spot.

Mexican titan
12-05-14, 05:59 PM
There are 4 points between us and 13th on the ladder. So i would say we are far from assured a finals spot.

You need at least 28 points. We are on 12 and with the two byes we need at least 6 more wins. However I certainly hope the club does not count scraping into the 8 and being eliminated in the first week of the finals as being a success. In my opinion anything less than playing second week finals or better is not acceptable and that's what the season (and particularly the coach) should be judged on.

C-Whiz
12-05-14, 07:35 PM
I don't want to scrape into the finals with this BS thing about losing more games than you win but still making it "mathematically".
We have the team, we have the wins, we have no excuses. If we don't show some fortitude and compete with the big guys, then we shouldn't pretend we achieved something by limping into 8th spot.

DavidBouveng
12-05-14, 08:53 PM
Gold Coast Titans lost to South Sydney Rabbits after the worst defensive performance of the 2014 NRL competition
TRAVIS MEYN GOLD COAST BULLETIN MAY 11, 2014 11:42AM

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright is set to wield the selection axe ahead of Friday’s derby against the desperate Broncos after the Titans produced the worst defensive performance of any team this year.

Preliminary analysis by Fox Sports Statistics found the Gold Coast missed 54 tackles in *Saturday’s 40-18 loss to the Rabbitohs at Cbus Super Stadium.

The figures will be audited today but it was another match in which the Gold Coast’s frontline defence was exposed.

The Titans have missed the most tackles of any team this season and have relied on their scrambling defence to keep them in contests.

But the rampaging Rabbitohs were too hot to handle for the Titans, bursting out to a matchwinning 22-0 lead inside the opening 15 minutes to relegate the Gold Coast to their third loss this season.

The Titans travel to Suncorp Stadium on Friday for the second derby of the year and Cartwright is set to make changes.

Prop Ryan James is almost certain to be relegated to Tweed Heads after making four runs for 32m while bench hooker Matt Srama may also find himself back in the Intrust Super Cup as he continues his return from a shoulder reconstruction.

Veteran Luke Bailey will be fit to return from an ankle injury while Matt White and Paul Carter are available after serving suspensions.

Lock Ashley Harrison copped a head knock from a high tackle by Rabbitohs prop Luke Burgess but declared he would be fine to face the Broncos.

“I’m sweet. It was a bit of a head knock and I pinched a bit of a nerve in my neck,” he said. “I was just a bit dazed.”

Harrison didn’t want to speculate on possible team changes but said the Titans received a harsh reality check.

“I’m sure we all as a team have got to have a hard look at ourselves,” he said. “It was definitely a reality check anyway.’’

Zillman only managed three runs and regular centres Maurice Blair (wrist) and Brad Tighe (shoulder) will be available for selection.

- - - Updated - - -

i almost gagged till i realised you added the last sentence. I thought Meyn had forgot to delete his real thoughts before sending it to his editor.

- - - Updated - - -

i think Don is number one Winger when MEad is at Fullback. im not sure Tighe can quite claim Gordons spot, he has been decent, but maybe a week off just as a wake up call and see if Tighe can do better and promote some competition for spots.

If Tighe carves and continually gets overlooked hell lose the great energy he has brought so far.

Titanic
13-05-14, 09:19 PM
DB, I couldn't agree more ... send him back and tell him to get a haircut ... Tighe was a 100% player for us and Blair was starting to show what he could really do ... now we worry about offending men who are paid overs to half do a job ... semi-professional football for mine. Some of those egos need to get sorted and James should be only the first of several.

C-Whiz
14-05-14, 07:54 AM
I just tried to watch the reply, got to about 14 minutes and gave up on it.

No secrets, we couldn't hang on to them in tackles, we let them get up for quick play the balls, we compressed in defence but then didn't slide.

Gordon always seems to be scrambling to get back into position. Not just for this game, but he almost always looks like he is caught out of position.

Geeman
14-05-14, 08:31 PM
I was away and didn't see the game, but sounds like I am better off for missing it :nope:

indoallstars
14-05-14, 09:20 PM
I was away and didn't see the game, but sounds like I am better off for missing it :nope:

........you made the right decision