View Full Version : QCUP Round 9: Tweed Heads vs Easts Tigers

DIEHARD
26-04-14, 03:21 PM
TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS v EASTS TIGERS
Piggabeen Sports on Sunday, April 27 - 2pm
Referee: Nick Morel
Head to Head: Tweed 13 Easts 10
Twitter: #intrustsupercup #THSvTIGES

The attacking brilliance of Easts up against the determination and resilience of the Seagulls. What a contest this will be. The Tigers were at their lethal best last weekend, springing 48 points on the Burleigh Bears in their 10 tries to four victory. Easts five-eighth Cody Walker ran in four tries, while fullback Eddie Tautali and Donald Malone posted doubles as the Tigers put on a show for their home fans. But Walker and his teammates are unlikely to be given the same latitude in Sunday’s clash at Tweed’s Piggabeen fortress. The last three games between Sunday’s opponents have been decided by a converted try or less. The Tweed have won six of the past seven games between these sides, with the Tigers’ last win at Piggabeen coming in 2006. Somewhat surprisingly though, Tweed have lost their last four matches at Piggabeen. Another loss could hurt a Seagulls team which is already four competition points adrift of fifth-placed Wynnum Manly.

‘Dobbo’ says: The Tigers thought they were on the cricket field last week with their attacking brilliance ticking the scoreboard over. Can they back it up this week against the Tweed? ‘Bloody oath’ in the words of their No. 1 ticket holder Peter Psaltis, who claims the Tigers are the best league team in Australia. That alone will get them across the line. Easts Tigers by 20.

lonegull
27-04-14, 06:08 PM
I see tweed won today, did srama play

TITAN PETE
27-04-14, 07:37 PM
I see tweed won today, did srama play

He played today & I've been told came through ok

lonegull
27-04-14, 07:48 PM
Cheers Pete

DIEHARD
28-04-14, 05:13 PM
Highlights

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#ec=k4dmxsbTo4W2vvWovXDBT5QK5yVOcwn6&pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605"></script>