PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Finch to Tigers..

Dakink
27-02-06, 12:32 PM
Another on the merry go round of rumours - wrap your chompers around this beauty!!

Also hot rumour : Finch to the Tigers next year. Soward will be halfback in round 1.

Eel 33
27-02-06, 02:46 PM
Juicy, very juicy Dakink. Where did you hear that one?

DeeGan
27-02-06, 03:16 PM
The rumour is born assuming Scott Prince is signed, sealed and delivered - awesome :D

Makes sense to me, Brett Finch has shown that he is a decent NRL halfback when inside a creative five-eight and going off late 2005 form there is none better than Benji Marshall.

Tim Sheens turned around the career of Scott Prince, same can happen here with Finch.

Dakink
27-02-06, 03:18 PM
Im with Deegs - despite the hammering he is getting, particularly from Roosters fans on other forums, I think Fiknch with a creative 5\8 can be a good halfback. He worked well with Fittler, then struggled when he had to lead. Be interesting to see how he goes with Anasta - though he struggled with Harrison at 6 on the weekend...

DeeGan
27-02-06, 03:26 PM
Im with Deegs - despite the hammering he is getting, particularly from Roosters fans on other forums, I think Fiknch with a creative 5\8 can be a good halfback. He worked well with Fittler, then struggled when he had to lead. Be interesting to see how he goes with Anasta - though he struggled with Harrison at 6 on the weekend...

He worked well with Lozza too in his time at Canberra if you remember as a rookie halfback coming in to grade.

Dakink
27-02-06, 03:28 PM
Yep that is true - You could call Fittler and Daley not too disimilar in theior play. Both big strong types. Finch is no where near as bad as made out - he is no Johns but who is?

Titanium_BD1103
27-02-06, 03:52 PM
I'm not a fan of Finch, never have been, never will be... but I will say that he has some talent, he showed that at Canberra.. :)

Unfortunately he isn't a leader, and has struggled deluxe at the Roosters. I reckon he should move to the Tigers in 2007 if we get Prince because once Soward finds his straps this season.. poor Finch will spend all his time in PL.... and that can't be good for someone who has the class of Finch.

Yes even though I may not think he is a good player, he has some talent, and I reckon Sheens could make me like him once more, if he improved him, but he did it for Prince, so why not Finch.. ;)

DeeGan
27-02-06, 03:55 PM
I'm not a fan of Finch, never have been, never will be... but I will say that he has some talent, he showed that at Canberra.. :)

Unfortunately he isn't a leader, and has struggled deluxe at the Roosters. I reckon he should move to the Tigers in 2007 if we get Prince because once Soward finds his straps this season.. poor Finch will spend all his time in PL.... and that can't be good for someone who has the class of Finch.

Yes even though I may not think he is a good player, he has some talent, and I reckon Sheens could make me like him once more, if he improved him, but he did it for Prince, so why not Finch.. ;)

Second in the Dally M Medal vote and Roosters Player of the Year in 2004 - "has struggled deluxe at the Roosters"???? 2005 yes, prior to that he was playing solid footy inside Fittler from memory.

Titanium_BD1103
27-02-06, 03:59 PM
LOL, sorry Deegan forgot about that.. I only remember 2005 and him struggling to keep his place in front of Soward.. and that is what I remember Finch for ATM at the Roosters.. but mentioning that proves that he just needs a spark to get him back into the form he was in then.. maybe Anasta.. maybe the Tigers.. I reckon the latter being a better option.. :)

DeeGan
27-02-06, 04:14 PM
LOL, sorry Deegan forgot about that.. I only remember 2005 and him struggling to keep his place in front of Soward.. and that is what I remember Finch for ATM at the Roosters.. but mentioning that proves that he just needs a spark to get him back into the form he was in then.. maybe Anasta.. maybe the Tigers.. I reckon the latter being a better option.. :)

"Your only as good as your last game" has to be said for Finch and he was struggling. I think Anasta will prove to be a good foil for Finch or Soward in 2006.

brn2bwyld
27-02-06, 09:03 PM
Be interesting to see how he goes with Anasta - though he struggled with Harrison at 6 on the weekend...

Harrison is backrower not a 5/8

Dakink
27-02-06, 09:07 PM
I realise that but he played most of the second half at 6 for the Roosters.

brn2bwyld
27-02-06, 09:10 PM
But Harrison will rarely play at 6 this year.

Dakink
27-02-06, 09:17 PM
You reckon? I think you'd be right but, the comment was to show that he works well with a known 6 but struggles when he has to create. Substitute any name for Harrison and it means the same! Harrison WAS the one to play there suring the trial AND Finch DID struggle - like he did last year when he was meant to be leading the team.

brn2bwyld
27-02-06, 09:18 PM
If he has Marshall outside him he will go well. Simple as that

Eel 33
28-02-06, 04:54 PM
If the rumour's correct, sounds like Ricky wants Finch to drown, and Soward is "using the floaties atm." Seems like Stuart has made his choice for halfback.