PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Ladder the story so far...

C-Whiz
12-04-14, 10:40 PM
Ok, clearly the ladder positions from 2-16 will go through some changes over the next 20 rounds :tongue:
but didn't we all expect to see Titans, Tigers and Eels rounding out the top 4 after round 6? :surprise:

OK, so seriously, it's been 6 rounds of upsets and absolute smashings that no one saw coming, reversal of form like we've never seen and inconsistency from one round to another, and there doesn't seem to be any reason for it.

Even with game changing injuries, like the Tigers still going strong after losing Tedesco, teams still seem to be going against everything the experts are expecting.

Tipping is a fiasco, but going against the odds has been the best bet for the first 6 rounds.

So, my question is, why?
Quite simply, what could be causing this strange run of upsets and form change from week to week?

Could it have something to do with the 9's? The new rules catching teams out? Or something else?

Thoughts?

TITAN PETE
13-04-14, 12:27 AM
I've been asking the same questions mate, I don't remember so many low scoring games either....

As we are only in round 6 I'll say many clubs struggling with the new rules which seem to have made the competition quicker when I didn't think it was possible, the smaller Mobil packs look to be leading the way at the moment with their speed & ability to play the ball much quicker than others.

DIEHARD
13-04-14, 12:37 AM
I would have given you 100000 to 1 odds that it'd be Titans, Wests Tigers and PARRAMATTA up there.

Only 5.5 rounds in but still impressive and amazing.

DIEHARD
24-05-14, 09:34 PM
With our loss and the Broncos win we are now 9th. With the Cowboys and Souths both getting opportunities to push us further down.

DIEHARD
24-05-14, 09:34 PM
For reference. http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/ladder.php

Titanic
25-05-14, 04:36 PM
Out of the eight, destined not to return.