PDA

View Full Version : Titans: What type of food would you like to see at Titans games?

DeeGan
26-02-06, 05:23 PM
Titans: What type of food would you like to see at Titans games?

A night at the footy has been traditionally one that involves a meat pie with sauce and a cold beer (or two for those thirstier than others) - it has been that way since I can remember at my first ever Gold Coast Giants game. There are other options; hotdogs, sausage rolls, mini-pizzas, burgers, hot chips etc. and it all adds to the night out. Hands up who loves walking into a football stadium with the small of a hot meat pie wafting through the corridors - *hand raised*

Carrarra's food options last night were I am told great in comparison to other rugby league venues and it got me thinking, "what should we be looking at come 2007 and more importantly 2008?"

I am one who eats "junk" when I am either hungover and as a last resort, going to a rugby league game will see me with a meat pie or steak sanger thought admittedly as let's face it, there is not many other alternatives for one who prefers something a little less fat in their diet.

Personally I would love to see us strike a deal with Subway or a Well Being (who will have a more of a presence in QLD in 2006 onwards) to offer others alternatives to the traditional "footy food". Rugby league has moved forward in all facets since I started following this great game, the food in most cases has not which today is a little surprising.

This is a small, small thing though something we as a club will consider when it comes to getting food in to the stadium in 2007.

Dakink
26-02-06, 05:41 PM
I would love to see a subway outlet or similar at the ground. Realistically it's about as healthy as you could expect people to patronise at a footy ground.

Queenslander
26-02-06, 05:41 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Quick Beers; Quick Burgers etc at Lang Park :laugh:. A subway is a dream, a good dream though but the only way I could see it happening is if either a) Subway were a main sponsor of the Titans or b) Subway became a major sponsor of the NRL. But seeing that MSFA (Major Sports Facilites Authority) will run the joint it will go to the best tender I assume.

Dakink
26-02-06, 05:44 PM
The Lang Park food is disgustingly over priced and average. I refuse to eat there now.

DIEHARD
26-02-06, 05:48 PM
Well there is eagle boys and red rooster at Lang Park. (For the record great to see two Aussie companies embedded at Lang Park).

But the thing running against a franchise outlet at Carrara is facilities.

Robina, well take your pick and we will probably see it happen.

I always wanted a kebab place at the footy...

Queenslander
26-02-06, 05:51 PM
Well there is eagle boys and red rooster at Lang Park. (For the record great to see two Aussie companies embedded at Lang Park).

But the thing running against a franchise outlet at Carrara is facilities.

Robina, well take your pick and we will probably see it happen.

I always wanted a kebab place at the footy...

Both Eagle Boys and Red Rooster are fantastic at Lang Park :thumbsup:. There is a slight increase in price for their food at Lang Park, but these days if you expect a three course meal for under $10 at the footy then you are dreaming :D

DIEHARD
26-02-06, 05:55 PM
Yea you have to expect a little footy tax. :laugh:

Moejoe
26-02-06, 07:53 PM
A good ol' Dagwood dog and a Rum and Cola for me :)

..::Coops::..
26-02-06, 08:45 PM
having a subway isn't half bad - a healthier option. i like, i like

Steve Dangerous
27-02-06, 12:33 AM
i tend not to buy food at sporting events anymore, as it's normally rather trashy.

when i go to the cricket i bring an eski. and footy, well it's much shorter so i'll grab a soft drink and that'll be it...

something like subway would have to be well modified though... it'd have to be all premade sandwiches i would think. and they're kinda of expensive as it is, can't imagine event prices.

Dakink
27-02-06, 08:28 AM
Problem with taking an esky to the cricket is that most grounds wont let you anymore. I know the Gabba doesnt - we tried this season and we told to leave it with the mountain of eskies at the entrance.

Titanium_BD1103
27-02-06, 08:54 AM
I'd love to see a subway at the home ground of the Titans... much healthier and tastier food IMO.. :)... and besides.. Subway sponsor half the teams in the NRL anyway... make sense for them to do that.. :D

As for other food, yeah I reckon Kebabs are ok, maybe salad bars for the healthy people or a place like subway which sells subs, salads, flavas, stuff like that.. ;)

Then of course the Pizza outlets and the chicken, and of course good old meatpie and hot dog stands... because then everyone would have something they enjoy.. :)

The choice of food at Homebush bay precinct is pretty good loads of variety and Telstra Stadium isn't too bad either.. EXCEPT FOR PRICE... :laugh:

Just don't start offering food on platters with pretty designs.. We are not the ARU.. and hope never to be.. :lol!: :lol!:

Titans#1
27-02-06, 09:29 AM
It's always been my dream to run a kebab stand at a footy ground!

No joke, everytime I go to a game I wish I could have a kebab (whether it's a salad one or a meat filled).

I'd be happy to take on a contract for Robina stadium, I have plenty of experiance!

Super Cronk
27-02-06, 09:46 AM
How about cheap food! That would be a first for any rugby league ground.

I think stuff like hotdogs, pies, pizza rolls, chips etc is good for the footy.

lonegull
27-02-06, 09:47 AM
I think the times have changed from the good old meat pie and sauce people are looking for options and the new trend is towards the healthier side of food so subway would be great

Super Cronk
27-02-06, 09:50 AM
I think the times have changed from the good old meat pie and sauce people are looking for options and the new trend is towards the healthier side of food so subway would be great

Subway is also pretty expensive. Ild assume it would be more expensive then the already expensive food that most grounds sell.

Titans#1
27-02-06, 09:53 AM
Subway is also pretty expensive. Ild assume it would be more expensive then the already expensive food that most grounds sell.

Would you be happy with a $4 Kebab or a $6 kebab meal? :chef:

Super Cronk
27-02-06, 09:56 AM
Would you be happy with a $4 Kebab or a $6 kebab meal? :chef:

yeh that wouldnt be too bad...

Hindyscrack
27-02-06, 10:00 AM
More beer variety, with good service! Surely if Lion-Nathan (XXXX) win the beverage tender they can introduce Tooheys and Hahan varieties of beer to the bars.

Telstra Stadium is probably the best example of how to run food outlets. I have been there with over 100,000 in attendance and you can walk up get food and drink without lining up. Great service!

Eel 33
27-02-06, 10:12 AM
Telstra Stadium is probably the best example of how to run food outlets. I have been there with over 100,000 in attendance and you can walk up get food and drink without lining up. Great service!

Which game was that? I've been to the last 3 origins and have had to wait at least 5 mins to get in and out. And that was when the main game was being played.

Kingytek
27-02-06, 10:44 AM
Can you imagine the lineup for subway? This would take too long. It would have to be premade subs. Considering they do toasting etc now the process time per sub would take too long per person for a 80 min game.
Good thought tho. The only food that can sell at games are production line food, cook em and spit em out to a serving area.

DIEHARD
27-02-06, 10:53 AM
That's why pizzas are always a good option.

I'd kill for kebabs though!

Eel 33
27-02-06, 11:03 AM
Im all for eating healthier food, but the footy is seen as either a treat for yourselves or the kids, a night out with friends or part of a drinking session. (Always drink responsibly kiddies.) If there was a way to improve the food as well as keeping queue lengths down, lets find it and implement it for Robina.

DIEHARD
27-02-06, 11:17 AM
At Robina, we might see lots of ready to go food at the stadium, but maybe we can find some nicer meals around the precinct...maybe at a Titans Leagues club. :D

Steve Dangerous
27-02-06, 11:30 AM
Problem with taking an esky to the cricket is that most grounds wont let you anymore. I know the Gabba doesnt - we tried this season and we told to leave it with the mountain of eskies at the entrance.

i was more than fine at the aus v saf one dayer... it just has to be small enough to fit under your seat.

Dakink
27-02-06, 11:36 AM
Ahh that'd be the reason then - we werent told that!

DIEHARD
27-02-06, 11:47 AM
Aren't there restrictions on what you can bring in the esky though?

Hindyscrack
27-02-06, 11:48 AM
Which game was that? I've been to the last 3 origins and have had to wait at least 5 mins to get in and out. And that was when the main game was being played.

Double Header, 1999 GF...

and most recently 2004 Origin Series games

Steve Dangerous
27-02-06, 12:13 PM
Aren't there restrictions on what you can bring in the esky though?

no glass bottles or cans, but besides that i don't think so

Eel 33
27-02-06, 02:43 PM
Double Header, 1999 GF...

and most recently 2004 Origin Series games

That sounds like a response from someone who was in a private box. :lol!:

DIEHARD
27-02-06, 03:16 PM
So I can take plastic bottles of coke?

Dakink
27-02-06, 03:19 PM
MMM Interesting that one - who sponsors the stadium? I couldnt see why not though if it was unopened.

Steve Dangerous
27-02-06, 05:20 PM
should be able to no probs.

unless there's some sort of sponsor issue, like dakink said. i know they don't let people order pizzas outside and bring them into the ground lol

captaincharger
27-02-06, 05:50 PM
KFC. nothing beats some colonel sanders while watching the footy.

Dakink
27-02-06, 05:51 PM
KFC. nothing beats some colonel sanders while watching the footy.

Good damn yes!!

So unhealthy but soo damn good!

The Original Idiot
28-02-06, 04:20 PM
What about those small sandwiches subway make, smaller than 6-inch.
Above all, cheaper fare than other stadiums is desired.

Coaster
28-02-06, 06:59 PM
Sushi would be a good option, great beer drinking food.

None of that raw fish crap, but chicken and avacdo, and satay chicken and stuff, awesome

RIP
01-03-06, 08:32 PM
with the pies, pizza etc, if they were made there it would b a little more special & worth the price & soft drink wise could b Golden Circle (My Fav) & with da Subways Ugly, There's a business at Holland park (South west Brissy) Called "Quzinnos" Simular to subways But so much more Better 4 ya. U r wat u if u eat crap ur ?

RIP
01-03-06, 08:36 PM
with the pies, pizza etc, if they were made there it would b a little more special & worth the price & soft drink wise could b Golden Circle (My Fav) & with da Subways Ugly, There's a business at Holland park (South west Brissy) Called "Quzinnos" Simular to subways But so much more Better 4 ya. U r wat u eat, if u eat crap ur ? :whatd: :whatd: :whatd:

The Original Idiot
01-03-06, 08:42 PM
Make some sense, please.

DeeGan
01-03-06, 09:32 PM
with the pies, pizza etc, if they were made there it would b a little more special & worth the price & soft drink wise could b Golden Circle (My Fav) & with da Subways Ugly, There's a business at Holland park (South west Brissy) Called "Quzinnos" Simular to subways But so much more Better 4 ya. U r wat u if u eat crap ur ?

Have you been eating at Sizzler? ;)

Sorry, low blow to Sizzler - uncalled for :D

DIEHARD
01-03-06, 09:43 PM
I love Sizzler.

Super Cronk
01-03-06, 09:43 PM
with all that ratty goodness.

DIEHARD
01-03-06, 09:45 PM
with all that ratty goodness.

Believe me there are no rats at sizzler.

Super Cronk
01-03-06, 09:47 PM
Believe me there are no rats at sizzler.

lol..yeh just the rat poison.

Dakink
02-03-06, 07:22 AM
I love Sizzler.

Im with diehard here - I love Sizzlers!!

Salad Bar rocks! :chef:

The Original Idiot
02-03-06, 07:28 AM
^ Yeah, well, too bad it's gone.

Dakink
02-03-06, 07:30 AM
No its gonna be there still - tell me it aint so!

Kingytek
02-03-06, 07:35 AM

The Quizino's Sub you are thinking of is at the Metropol at Carindale and there is only a couple more in qld brisbane based, one downstairs at myer centre queen st. There is a few more in sydney, one on the corner of the world tower building (george st)
Bloody nice, a bit dearer then subway.

Eel 33
02-03-06, 02:55 PM
Have you been eating at Sizzler? ;)

Sorry, low blow to Sizzler - uncalled for :D

Give youself an uppercut for that one Deegan. :D

Eel 33
02-03-06, 03:02 PM
Well seeing as we've just about gone thru nearly every possible option for take away food, how about we put some stipulations into discussion. EG: The food must be supplied by companies in the Titans catchment area etc. Add some more should you see fit.

Super Cronk
02-03-06, 05:47 PM
How bout a ham/cheese/mayonaise and lettuce sandwich!!

Titanium_BD1103
02-03-06, 07:19 PM
LOL Cronk.. how about a Toasted BLT with Mustard... now there is a sandwich that all Football venues should carry.. yum... now I want one.. :( :(