PDA

View Full Version : Round 5: STORM vs TITANS

DIEHARD
31-03-14, 09:39 PM
STORM vs TITANS

DIEHARD
01-04-14, 01:33 AM
This game is gonna be a massive test. Storm just got belted by the Bulldogs over in Perth. They will be out for blood.

TITAN FAN
01-04-14, 05:21 AM
This game is gonna be a massive test. Storm just got belted by the Bulldogs over in Perth. They will be out for blood.

Sure will mate
Storm players will be doing everything to avoid Bellanys Fangs

TITAN PETE
01-04-14, 06:52 AM
A massive game for many reasons for us , if we play the way we have in the past couple of weeks through great defense it will go a long way towards giving the Storm a real shake in this match & there's no reason why we shouldn't be able to compete against a Storm side that will be out for redemption on their last performance against the dogs..

A win in Melbourne could push us to a 25k plus crowd at home the following Friday night against the Donkeys..

Bayside Titan
01-04-14, 09:11 AM
Agree with everyone's comments so far. Bellamy called is team a "Sometimes Team " after last weeks performance so anything short of a convincing win for the Storm will not be acceptable in the Bellamys eyes.

As for us if we get a win however it comes over the Storm then like Pete said I would hope for about 25k fans the week we play the Broncos.

Titanic
01-04-14, 10:10 AM
What changes can we expect? C'mon, guys it's Tuesday morning and that's "pick your team" time. I vote that Cartwright will opt for no changes.

Hail Sezer
01-04-14, 10:16 AM
What changes can we expect? C'mon, guys it's Tuesday morning and that's "pick your team" time. I vote that Cartwright will opt for no changes.

me too

poor Ryan James is gonna spend the year in cup unless there is an injury

Bayside Titan
01-04-14, 11:15 AM
Probably no change. Also depends on Birds finger. He badly dislocated it in the first 5-10 minutes. It had to be put back in and the crowd around where he was could see his pain when the finger went back in. So have to see if all ok though.

As for James kind of feel for him but how can you replace Bull and Whitey??? Can't believe that Whitey has the injury that he did and has played like nothing has happened. Other players take a while to bounce back. Also look at the the offload stats for the NRL Whitey is in the top 10 for offloads.

Hail Sezer
01-04-14, 12:19 PM
Myles to 2nd row, bird to lock and harro out so james can start in front row would be ideal but thats never gonna happen

Titanic
01-04-14, 12:49 PM
Fantasy help please ...
Guys I urgently need 3 players please jump in if you can ... League name: Piston Broke Invite code TE8PZHBR

gotitans101_
01-04-14, 01:24 PM
I hear Cam Smith had scans on his dodgy back and will be racing the clock to be fit for this game.

That aside, I doubt they'll play as poorly against us as they did in Perth on the weekend.

timor 2
01-04-14, 02:16 PM
Titans
1 David Mead
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Tighe
4 Brad Takairangi
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles (c)
11 Greg Bird (c)
12 David Taylor
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Matthew White
15 Luke Bailey
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Paul Carter

Coach: John Cartwright

The Titans are unchanged, with William Zillman sidelined with a hamstring injury and Ryan James to play in the Intrust Super Cup.

DIEHARD
01-04-14, 03:56 PM
A win in Melbourne could push us to a 25k plus crowd at home the following Friday night against the Donkeys..

That would be glorious.

DIEHARD
01-04-14, 03:57 PM
If there is no Cam Smith we are a big chance. They really struggle without him. But are still brimming with talent and I think the Bulldogs got the ambush, no ambush on offer for us.

TITAN PETE
01-04-14, 04:36 PM
Storm
1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 William Chambers
4 Mahe Fonua
5 Young Tonumaipea
6 Ben Hampton
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14 Kenny Bromwich
15 Tohu Harris
16 Jordan McLean
17 Mitch Garbutt
18 Tim Glasby

Coach: Craig Bellamy

Titanic
01-04-14, 06:35 PM
I watched these blokes play in Melbourne against the Panthers and I can tell you if we tackle like we did last night we are a big chance but they will try to isolate our right side defence and also drive over our left edge ... that's their whole thing. I would suggest that Gordon will be in serious trouble unless Tighe can scramble too.

DavidBouveng
01-04-14, 07:39 PM
If there is no Cam Smith we are a big chance. They really struggle without him. But are still brimming with talent and I think the Bulldogs got the ambush, no ambush on offer for us.

far from ambush, we will cop the backlash of a proud club that doesnt often turn in poor performances.

DIEHARD
01-04-14, 09:02 PM
I agree DB, there wont be any easy kill for us. They will be at battle stations.

Supergoose
01-04-14, 09:39 PM
Ryan James' shoulder must still not be 100%. That's the only thing that could be preventing him playing first grade. Watching him in the Intrust Super Cup and his only appearance in first grade, it did look like he was favouring it. Let's hope we're working on some plays to try and unpick this Storm side. We won't be given as many chances as we were against the Cowboys so will need to take them when they present.

karnage
01-04-14, 09:55 PM
Our record off the back of MNF is disgraceful. Historical trend so say we we cannot win.

karnage
01-04-14, 09:56 PM
That said, the Storm have not been any better than we have through the first month. This game will not be easy on the eyes....

DIEHARD
02-04-14, 01:55 AM
Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been cleared of a serious thigh injury

TITANS five-eighth Aidan Sezer has been cleared of a serious thigh injury after struggling through Monday night’s win against the Cowboys.

Sezer had his quad heavily iced after playing a crucial role in the Titans win and is expected to play against the Storm at AAMI Park in Melbourne on Sunday.

The Titans have named an unchanged side for the Melbourne clash and coach John Cartwright said he would reassess the fitness of his players at a recovery session today.

“We just named the side that we had but there’s nothing major there, we’ll have a bit of a recovery day again tomorrow and hopefully they’re all good,” he said.

“Aidan had a good game.”

The head coach said he would continue to monitor the progress of fullback William Zillman who is hopeful of a comeback soon following a hamstring injury.

For the second week Zillman will sit on the sideline and Cartwright said he was planning on giving the 27-year-old plenty of time to recover for the Titans’ Round 6 clash against the Broncos.

Cartwright praised the performance of Sezer in tough conditions at Cbus Super Stadium but played down the side’s scrappiness of play.

“They won’t lose too many times twice in a row this year (the Cowboys), they’re a good side so to get away with a win was very pleasing and we weren’t too worried about how ugly it looked we were just happy to get a win,” he said.

“The conditions meant … whoever kicked the best was going to win and Aidan’s long kicking game was good.

“His and Albert’s short kicking game was fantastic.

“When it rains your kickers certainly come into play.”

Defence will be the key for the Titans moving forward as they seek to improve on their 3-1 record.

The team official said limiting the opposition’s scoring opportunities was a sure-fire way to win games and said the Titans had been particularly successful in defence thus far.

“If we can keep our attitude in defence and keep our line from being crossed, you’re in every game so it’s going to be a tough ask down there this week, they’re coming off a big loss and they don’t lose twice in a row too often either but we’re going down there full of confidence,” he said.

“There’s always room for improvement I think the very best sides in the competition are striving for improvement, we’re no different, we’ve won a couple of games based on the back of our defence.

“That’s going to be the focus for us for the rest of the year but that doesn’t mean we’re spending any less time trying to improve with ball in hand.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/

ozynorts
02-04-14, 09:47 AM
Our record off the back of MNF is disgraceful. Historical trend so say we we cannot win.

But why is that the case? I can't get my head around that stat. What is the difference between playing on a Monday night than say a Saturday night?

Titanic
02-04-14, 10:18 AM
But why is that the case? I can't get my head around that stat. What is the difference between playing on a Monday night than say a Saturday night?
This ... can only be the break in routine but they are all adults aren't they?

ozynorts
02-04-14, 12:46 PM
This ... can only be the break in routine but they are all adults aren't they?

If that were the case they couldn't back up any week unless they played on the same day every week. HHmmmmm perhaps that is the answer to their performances then..... or not... :)

Mexican titan
02-04-14, 01:09 PM
Let's hope we're working on some plays to try and unpick this Storm side.

These will be the plays we use to try and unpick this storm side:

Play 1 - Mead hit up, 8 metre gain
Play 2 - Gordon hit up but jinks as he comes to the defence and is pushed back to where the ball was played.
Play 3 - Taka hit up, gain 12 metres
Play 4 - Harrison hit up, slow motion and gains 5 metres
Play 5 - a couple of passes off the ruck but as the team is standing flat, a 25 metre sideways movement for a 10 metre gain.
Play 6 - pass back to Sezer who kicks it down Slaters throat who returns the ball at least 30 metres.

I might have plays 1 to 4 around the wrong way but this will be pretty close.

shamus
02-04-14, 01:30 PM
If that were the case they couldn't back up any week unless they played on the same day every week.

What....like Broncos. :ugh:

karnage
02-04-14, 02:20 PM

I have no idea mate, but if you had backed the Titans opponents to cover the spread after every Monday Night game you would be a long, long way in front.

karnage
02-04-14, 02:24 PM
Here is the inside 20 blueprint:

1. Bailey hit up.
2. Myles hit up.
3. Falloon or Carter dummy half dart.
4. Slow pass to Sezar who turns Harrison back under.
5. Two slow passes to a flat footed centre who is tackled for a four metre loss.
6. Hopeful kick to the in-goal area either low or high or in between.

Titanic
02-04-14, 02:56 PM
Is the Centre of Extravagance booked out on a Tuesday so they miss their recovery session?

DIEHARD
02-04-14, 11:54 PM
Storm v Titans
AAMI Park Sunday, 2pm

A perennial finals contender goes up against a team looking to return to the business end for the first time since 2010.

Just one point separated these sides in the Round 26 corresponding fixture last year, with Storm defeating the Titans at AAMI Park.

Last week was a tale of the opposite for the Storm in 2014: a strong 10-to-nothing start against the Bulldogs looked promising before a last 60 minutes that coach Craig Bellamy labeled as 'rubbish,' in which the Bulldogs piled on six unanswered tries to hand Melbourne its first loss of the season.

A lack of flair in attack was apparent without their skipper Cameron Smith, who missed the loss with back spasms. Smith underwent scans on Monday and while the results remained in-house, the club expects their star hooker to take his place.

The Storm were uncharacteristically uncompetitive in the second half last week, conceding five tries as the Bulldogs scored 40 points – the most points scored against a Melbourne team since Round 18, 2012 (v Raiders).

Bellamy's side would have welcomed the seven-day break after a grueling week that saw them play two games in six days on top of the emotion surrounding Alex McKinnon's injury.

Meanwhile the Gold Coast built on their strong start to the season, improving to 3-1 after a one-point victory over northern counterparts the Cowboys.

Aidan Sezer proved the match winner and was pivotal in attack. However by his own admission Sezer returned for the match prematurely from a quad strain and with a shortened week and a trip to Melbourne, the Titans will be hoping the five-eighth has not pulled up sore.

If the Titans can return from Melbourne with two points, fans may start finally believing that their team can deliver a season of consistency.

Their side remains unchanged as it aims to make it three wins in a row.

The Storm have named captain Cameron Smith to return, Tim Glasby drops back to 18th man and Ryan Hinchcliffe is set to return to the No.13 – he will play his 150th NRL game while fellow teammate Bryan Norrie will notch up game 100 for the club.

Show your true colours. Become a member of your club.

Watch Out Storm: Is there a player in the NRL on whom his team's fortunes are so reliant? Cameron Smith pulled out of last Saturday's loss to Canterbury in the warm-up due to back soreness and the purple camp will be hoping their captain is fit and ready come Sunday. You have to go back to Round 14, 2011 for the last time the Storm won without Smith – that is seven matches at an average losing margin of 22 points. It's a stat that proves not only the 30-year-old's greatness but also just how important he is to this Storm outfit.

The Storm have historically been a good defensive team however this season opponents have targeted the wings when attacking them. In the last three weeks, opposing right-wingers have scored five tries against them. Young Tonumaipea has been solid in attack for Melbourne but clearly opposing teams are looking to target the 21-year-old at the other end of the field.

Watch Out Gold Coast: You have to go back 11 rounds (Manly in Round 21, 2013) to find the last team to get a win after a Monday night victory. The Titans were the first team to attempt the feat this season but endured a 40-point demolition at the hands of the Tigers. They will be hoping for a much improved effort against much better opposition and given the Titans play five Monday night games this year it will be a hoodoo they need to break soon.

The Titans rank equal first in the competition in the exact areas they wouldn't want to. John Cartwright's side has made 61 errors in four games this season and missed a total of 134 tackles – 31 more than the Melbourne Storm. These are fundamentals of the game that if left unaddressed could be punished by this week's opposition.

Plays To Watch: Albert Kelly's need for speed – the young halfback has just 34 games of NRL experience but is an excitement machine given a bit of space to work in. Aidan Sezer's left foot magic – involved in every Titan scoring play last week, his will be an interesting battle with Cooper Cronk. Waqa wonder – set AAMI Park alight on the left wing against the Knights a fortnight ago, expect more of the same.

Where It Will be Won: Melbourne are a team that thrive on controlling the football. For the first time in 2014, Craig Bellamy's side lost the battle for possession (just 43 per cent) and suffered their first loss of the year last week.

If the Titans want to be in with a chance they have to limit their error count that has hampered them to date. The best way to limit the influence of Cronk and (possibly) Smith is to keep the football out of their hands.

The History: Played 11; Storm 7, Titans 4. Five of the past six meetings have gone the way of the Storm and the Gold Coast won just one of six trips to Melbourne.

Match Officials: Referees – Ben Cummins & Brett Suttor; Touch Judges – Luke Potter & Ricky MacFarlane; Video Referees – Steve Clark & Reece Williams.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 2pm.

The Way We See It: Statistically this looks to be a very even contest. So much depends on the fitness of Cameron Smith but with champion hooker expected to play the Titans may have to wait a little longer for their second-ever win in Victoria. Storm by 4 points.

• Statistics: Champion Data.

http://www.nrl.com/

ozynorts
03-04-14, 09:34 AM
Storm v Titans
AAMI Park Sunday, 2pm

The Titans rank equal first in the competition in the exact areas they wouldn't want to. John Cartwright's side has made 61 errors in four games this season and missed a total of 134 tackles – 31 more than the Melbourne Storm. These are fundamentals of the game that if left unaddressed could be punished by this week's opposition.
http://www.nrl.com/

I have been reading a lot of comments about how good the Titans defence has been so far this year.... Those comments don't really stack up against the actual stats.
The only club to have scored less tries than us is the Sharks.
The NRL site has a stats table that you can use to see how your team is going. But the 2 stats that I would like to see don't seem to be recording data and they are Effective plays and Ineffective plays. Would be interesting to see how we perform on that measure.

Titanic
03-04-14, 10:17 AM
Rugby league is a perverse game ... wins on the back of poor team performances can't continue.

Hail Sezer
03-04-14, 10:21 AM
Rugby league is a perverse game ... wins on the back of poor team performances can't continue.

google dictionary, we meet again

I love how you expand my vocabulary every day Titanic. Thank you.

Mr Stupid
03-04-14, 11:05 AM
google dictionary, we meet again

I love how you expand my vocabulary every day Titanic. Thank you.

Yeh HS, the word 'wins' is foreign to most Titans fans. :D

DIEHARD
03-04-14, 02:12 PM
NRL Round 5 Preview: Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans
http://www.sportal.com.au/

The Melbourne Storm host the Gold Coast Titans on Sunday, April 6 in Round 5 of the NRL. The match kicks off at 2.00pm (AEST).

Who: Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans

When: Sunday, April 6 – 2pm local (AEST)

Where: AAMI Park, Melbourne

I can watch it on: Channel Nine/Gem
Form guide:

Melbourne: LWW

Gold Coast: WWL
Sportingbet odds:

Melbourne $1.25

Gold Coast $4.10

Things you need to know:

The Storm have never lost to the Titans at AAMI Park in three clashes there, but the Gold Coast boys came closest to pinching a win in enemy territory in Round 26 last year. The Titans were edged 23-22, having previously getting the better of Craig Bellamy's side 18-12 at home in Round 15.
Melbourne lost nine games in 2013 - with eight of those coming in pairs. Titans coach John Cartwright will be all too aware that his side has a brilliant chance to capitalise on a flat Storm, who were pummelled in Perth by Canterbury-Bankstown.
Cam Smith (back spasms) is set to return after being a late withdrawal against the Bulldogs, while Jordan McLean will miss seven weeks after he was suspended for his part in the tackle that seriously injured Newcastle's Alex McKinnon in Round 3. Storm could yet appeal the judiciary's decision. Matt Duffie (ACL) is out for the season, while Justin O'Neill (knee) is still 2-3 weeks away. Felise Kaufusi (pectoral) should be available next week for the Storm's hosting of St George/Illawarra. Hymel Hunt (ankle) and Junior Moors (knee) are pencilled in to be fit a week later, for Storm's Round 7 trip to take on the Canberra Raiders.

The Titans should welcome back Will Zillman (hamstring) and Matt Srama (shoulder) for their trip to Melbourne, after their 13-12 victory over state rivals the North Queensland Cowboys on Monday night.

Reason to watch:

The two sides going head-to-head are 3-1, and can set themselves firmly at the top of the bunched ladder with another victory. The 12th-placed Parramatta Eels are just a win off top spot, meaning any two points picked up will be crucial. That the Titans came so close to knocking off the Storm on their own paddock so recently must give them plenty of confidence to go the extra mile on Sunday.
The Storm, meanwhile, will be bitterly disappointed with the Perth showing, as their hot start in WA was then offset by conceding seven unanswered tries. Bellamy will have no doubt put a rocket up his men, and they will be aggressive early as they look to get back to winning ways.
Reason to turn away:

Handling errors troubled both the Cowboys and Titans on Monday night in humid conditions at Cbus Super Stadium, with the latter committing 12 mistakes. The Titans also missed 35 tackles, and certainly cannot afford to do the same against the Storm, or risk conceding easy points.

The Storm have their own defensive queries too, missing 39 tackles against the Bulldogs in uncharacteristic fashion. Melbourne's left side of defence has been a query for them this season, and could be the Titans' way in to the try zone.
Say what:

"Unfortunately, Cam just woke up with a little bit of a stiff back, and it wasn't too bad through the morning. But as we got to warm-up, it jammed up, and we worked feverishly to try and get him right, but we didn't think it was worth the risk. He probably could have played, but given it's Round 4, we had a long trip back, we had a long trip over there, and given his age – sorry Cam – all those sort of factors contributed," Storm physio Tony Ayoub said of Smith's late withdrawal against the Bulldogs.
Final word:

The Titans did not show enough on Monday night to suggest they can travel to Melbourne and win well. Weirder things have happened though - especially this season - as so many underdogs have managed to walk taller a week after a below-par performance. It speaks volumes about the Gold Coast that they could win ugly, and while they will likely fall short on Sunday, a valiant loss would not dent their confidence too much. With steady-handed skipper Smith back in the side, the hosts should be too strong. Storm by six points.

K2G
03-04-14, 02:30 PM
Carty's come out and said Zillman will be saved for the broncos game next week.

Interesting about Srama though. There wasn't any update on him in the latest injuries video on the titans website? He was originally due back around rd 4 IIRC. He'd have to have a few games in Qcup to get meters in the legs and test out the shoulders i imagine, but an interesting selection headache awaits Carty once Matty is ready to go...

Couldn't drop Falloon or Carter on their recent form. Can't see our coach playing Carter off the bench as a second-rower ahead of Mini or Ridge though. What are peoples thoughts?

DIEHARD
03-04-14, 02:39 PM
Carty's come out and said Zillman will be saved for the broncos game next week.

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2011/07/18/2500447/art_broncosfans-420x0.jpg

Mr Stupid
03-04-14, 03:58 PM
http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2011/07/18/2500447/art_broncosfans-420x0.jpg

:laugh:

Kevin Rablin
03-04-14, 05:11 PM
Couldn't drop Falloon or Carter on their recent form. Can't see our coach playing Carter off the bench as a second-rower ahead of Mini or Ridge though. What are peoples thoughts?

I would actually like to see carter play lock. with drama and falloon in the hooker rotation.

DIEHARD
03-04-14, 05:21 PM
Welcome Kevin! Glad to have you with us.

K2G
03-04-14, 05:28 PM
I would actually like to see carter play lock. with drama and falloon in the hooker rotation.

Welcome Kev, and good call.

I'm sure Carter would make a good lock in the future, but to be honest - if Myles and Bird can't get a crack there, what chance is young Pauly?! I think he will get pushed into the second row rotation before he gets given an 80 min gig at lock. I also think lock is Ridge's best position so it will be interesting to see what happens once Harro hangs up the boots.

Not sure if it was a typo but 'Drama' isn't a half bad nickname for matty.

Also since my original post the latest injury update video was uploaded to the titans website. Srama out for another 3 to 4 weeks still. Ben Ridge has 'hurt' a medial ligament and is facing some time off the padock.

TITAN FAN
04-04-14, 10:08 AM
Any one know what is happening with Ryan James
He was not mentioned in the latest injury update so I assume he is not injured

TITAN PETE
04-04-14, 10:53 AM

He's playing for Tweed

DIEHARD
04-04-14, 01:56 PM
Is he at full fitness? Hopefully we have him back for the game against the Broncos.

shamus
04-04-14, 06:04 PM

He's playing for Tweed

I don't even think he is playing for Tweed? He doesn't appear to be on the team sheet.. Who has he pi$$ed off...

TITAN PETE
04-04-14, 06:51 PM
I don't even think he is playing for Tweed? He doesn't appear to be on the team sheet.. Who has he pi$$ed off...

He'll be wearing the no20

I questioned his omission on Monday night & was told he's not match fit , I said u need to play to become match fit

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 05:52 AM
@storm: we'll be wearing our heritage jersey later in the year for our old boys weekend #purplepride

Don't you just love "Heritage" Round...

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 05:54 AM
Then again, how stupid is pairing us with the Storm.

We share no history except playing each other when the Storm are Origin depleted or them thumping us.

There was that time we beat them, the last team to beat them before they got busted in 2010 for the salary cap, April 22nd. Niling them in 2008.

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 05:57 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/LOGOS/titstorm_zps96b7f1f9.jpg
Source: http://stats.rleague.com

indoallstars
05-04-14, 09:52 AM
UP THE TITANS!!!!! .... you Melbourne parasites

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 03:18 PM
Storm's Norrie makes game seem simple

Bryan Norrie has a way of making the very difficult seem rather simple. Whether he is laying a tackle, talking about Melbourne Storm’s high-achieving culture or helping a teammate sort out his apprenticeship, there is an air of understatement in his approach.

But as he approaches his 100th game for the Storm, who hosts Gold Coast Titans at AAMI Park on Sunday at 2pm, it is dawning on the 30-year-old he has found his NRL niche in Melbourne.

That seemed a hard task earlier in the prop’s career as he spent his development years at St George, then two-year spells with Penrith and Cronulla before signing with the Storm for the 2010 season.

“It’s great to know your role,” Norrie said. “[At Storm] you are expected to know your role in the team and expected to do it to the best of your ability. You are not expected to do more than you are capable of, just get a little better each week.”

While the television highlights will always show the Billy Slater scoring tries or Cam Smith and Cooper Cronk creating scoring chances, the Storm has had solid service from its forward pack, and Norrie is one of those unsung members.

“It’s not rocket science [why the Storm continues to win matches] - just working hard for yourself and working hard for your teammates,” Norrie said.

Since coming to the club, Norrie has established himself as a vital part of the team’s forward pack and a leader on and off the field. In the process, he has also become a father, with his 15-month-old son Brody now consuming the lives of Norrie and his wife Kim.

Norrie, a product of the Eugowra Golden Eagles in central-western NSW, said he was grateful for all that has come his way since moving to Melbourne, where he played in the 2012 premiership and 2013 World Club Challenge victory over Leeds.

“I’m originally from the bush, then spent a few years in Sydney, so the move to Melbourne was a fair way away from our family,” Norrie said. “But my wife and I love it here, it’s a great city where there is plenty to do and we have a little bloke now and he doesn’t know any different.”

Norrie even scored a try in the 2012 grand final, although it was disallowed due to a penalty.

“I still claim it - for three or four seconds I had that feeling of scoring in a grand final,” he joked.

Along with his on-field achievements, Norrie has completed his electrician’s apprenticeship, something he slowly worked on in Sydney and then in his first couple of seasons in Melbourne. He said finding the time to complete TAFE classes and work hours was challenging for a full-time footballer, but he was proud to have something to come back to when his playing career ends.

“It was quite challenging, to be honest. Football is my priority, but you have to think about life after football, so I just worked through it and got my schooling done, then had a very understanding company who I worked with.

“It took me a bit of time to finish, but finishing my apprenticeship is something I’m proud of.”

Norrie is now using his experiences to guide Storm players in the junior ranks through their apprenticeships as a mentor for the Trade Up with the NRL program.

“I help some players who are trying to complete their apprenticeships; I pass on some advice and just help those who are trying to get a trade behind them while playing footy,” he said.

The Storm has been through a harrowing two weeks after Newcastle’s Alex McKinnon broke two vertebrae in his neck against the club, which led this week to Storm prop Jordan McLean being suspended for seven matches.

While the team has been under the microscope, it has also spent the week working through a disappointing 42-12 loss to Canterbury-Bankstown last round in which the side barely had possession of the ball in the second half.

Cam Smith missed the Bulldogs game with back spasms, but Norrie said the Storm captain was expected to play on Sunday.

Norrie said the players were focused on the match against the Titans, a side that has matched the Storm’s early-season form, with both sides winning three of their first four games.

Titans halfback Albert Kelly has been instrumental in his side’s best attacks, while stars Greg Bird, Dave Taylor and Nate Myles will look to gain plenty of metres on the Storm’s defence.

Norrie’s premiership teammate Ryan Hinchcliffe also brings up a milestone against the Titans with his 150th game.

“We analysed what happened last match, then put it aside, because we know we have a lot of improvement ahead of us,” Norrie said. “Gold Coast always play great footy when they come to Melbourne and they have played great this year. They have quality players across their side - we know it will be a tough game.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/storms-norrie-makes-game-seem-simple-20140405-zqr4p.html#ixzz2xzCh5K6m

Hail Sezer
05-04-14, 05:55 PM
Sezer out, Blair in

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 05:55 PM
Sezer out, Blair in

Oh **** just got real.

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 06:24 PM
Melbourne Storm shift focus to Titans clash

While the Melbourne Storm remain undecided on whether to appeal Jordan McLean's suspension, they are trying to focus on their NRL clash with Gold Coast on Sunday.

The Storm host the Titans, who have proved a handful in their past two meetings - the home side only scraping to a one-point win in their round 26 clash last season at AAMI Park.

Storm chief executive Mark Evans sent a video message on Friday to club members about McLean.

In it he said they were still considering their options over McLean's seven-week ban for his role in the tackle that left Newcastle's Alex McKinnon with a broken neck.

"As a club we will be putting the welfare of the player (McLean) at the centre of this," Evans said.

"We're going to take our time, it's a very, very sensitive issue and we don't want to rush into anything."

Evans said that the club would do its best to look after McLean, although he said any challenges he faced paled in comparison to that of McKinnon.

McLean would likely attend the Titans game and he hoped fans would show their support of him.

"If you do come across this young man I'm sure you will sympathise him, quietly show your support and at the same time put it into the context that we're all aware of that it's tough for him but the central story has got to be that young fella from Newcastle."

Prop Bryan Norrie, who will play his 100th game for the Storm, said while the players still had McKinnon and their teammate in their thoughts, they were trying to concentrate on playing football.

Last round they were thumped 40-12 by the Bulldogs, who ran in seven tries.

"We haven't leaked that amount of points in a long time so that was disappointing," Norrie said.

"We've got a tough game against the Titans, they've started the season really well.

"That's our main concern at the moment and we're trying to make sure we've got our game plan down pat."

Norrie said the heavy loss was a shock to the team, which was previously unbeaten.

"Everybody took the loss pretty hard because we all knew that it wasn't a Melbourne Storm standard.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/melbourne-storm-shift-focus-to-titans-clash-20140405-zqr5z.html#ixzz2xzxbLX00

titanfan1980
05-04-14, 06:29 PM
He'll be wearing the no20

I questioned his omission on Monday night & was told he's not match fit , I said u need to play to become match fit

No he won't, he's not playing for anyone this week, will be back for broncos game.. But knowing carty and thinking last year Ryan was one of, if not the best front rower towards the end of the year then Ryan won't be playing for another couple of weeks cause that's what we do at this club... Keep the old slow fellas and hold back the young guns

TITAN PETE
05-04-14, 06:34 PM
Sezer to miss Storm clash

Sat 5th April, 05:35PM A A

iSelect Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer will miss tomorrow's clash with the Storm in Melbourne after the quad muscle injury he carried into Monday night's victory over North Queensland has given him difficulties. He will be replaced by Maurice Blair.

Sezer did not travel to Melbourne with the squad this afternoon. Regular centre Blair, who played for the Storm last season in the last round 23-22 victory over his new teammates, has played the previous two weeks with the Burleigh Bears in the Queensland Intrust Cup.

DIEHARD
05-04-14, 06:36 PM
No he won't, he's not playing for anyone this week, will be back for broncos game.. But knowing carty and thinking last year Ryan was one of, if not the best front rower towards the end of the year then Ryan won't be playing for another couple of weeks cause that's what we do at this club... Keep the old slow fellas and hold back the young guns

One of the reasons we appealed for a NRL franchise in this year was to give young players ago.

We fail in that mandate.

Bayside Titan
05-04-14, 09:37 PM
Typical Cartwright selection. Play a player( Blair) out of position to cover an injury when there a few players (ie HENRY AND HAZARD) that actually play in that halves. At the very worst play Harrison there again.

Staring to S=#t me to tears at the selections that Cartwrong makes. Why does he persist in playing Myles in the front row when he is a SECOND ROWER. ( Did Myles not win the Second rower of the year award a year or two back) and when played in the second row this year had team high tackles and hit ups.

We are playing the Storm in Melbourne after they were very well beaten in their last game and Bellamy called his team a " Sometimes Team". The Storm are going to be very hard to beat down in Melbourne without Cartwright naming a Centre in at 5/8. I DON'T CARE that Blair may have played a game or two at 5/8 in the past. WE SHOULD BE PLAYING A HALF IN THE HALVES NOT A CENTRE !!!!!!!

gotitans101_
05-04-14, 09:40 PM
Blair? ****. The Storm will pick him to pieces.

Supergoose
05-04-14, 11:59 PM
Blair has played far more 5/8 in his life than centre, he'll be okay. Henry only just back from injury I believe and short of a gallop and Hazard is still out injured.

The one I can't fathom is James. The only thing I can think of is that he still lacks confidence in his shoulder.

Blair close to the only decision Cartwright could make in the circumstances. Let's hope he grabs it with both hands.

mup23
06-04-14, 02:01 AM
Blair
Centre 52 games
5/8 23
Bench 7
Hooker 2
Wing 1
Halfback 1

Harrison
Lock 178
Bench 37
5/8 27
2nd row 6
Centre 1
Hooker 1

Henry
5/8 11

Bird
5/8 59
2nd row 57
Lock 45
Bench 26
Hooker 2

Tighe
Centre 122
Wing 34
5/8 3
Bench 2

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 06:58 AM
Well it's game day. So get ready for some Sunday arvo footy. It'll be the true test of our credentials, so will next week's Broncos game.

Today's Melbourne weather.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/photo1_zps1d19644d.png

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to today's game & seeing how Blair goes at 5/8 , let's face it it's not like we are losing our game changing attacking weapon in Sezar for me he's been close to most disappointing player this season , apart from kicking hasn't asked any questions of the opposition thus far & Blair may be out to make a statement against the club that let him go.....fingers crossed for another great defensive game today in what looks to be a perfect day for Sunday arvo footy :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 09:43 AM
Falloon honoured to share Smith's stage
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
6:00am Sun 06th April, 2014

It was the scene of the cruel end to the Titans' 2013 season but Gold Coast hooker Beau Falloon says it will be honour to once again oppose Storm captain Cameron Smith at AAMI Park on Sunday.

Whether Smith even takes the field will be the cause of much concern among Storm fans and Holden NRL Fantasy coaches with his withdrawal just moments before last week's game against the Bulldogs with back spasms having widespread repercussions.

Melbourne seemed to be unable to cope with the loss of their skipper in copping a 40-12 hiding from the Bulldogs, coach Craig Bellamy's post-match spray regarding their "rubbish" display making Gold Coast's task even more difficult this week.

For a player such as Falloon though, the greater the challenge the more he relishes the contest. As feisty on the field as his pet Bulldog Axe is at home, Falloon brings an energy and intensity to the middle of the ruck that he hopes inspires his teammates.

It's a role more familiar with the man he was stuck behind at South Sydney at the start of his career, Issac Luke, than his heralded opposite on Sunday and the 26-year-old admits he is trying to incorporate elements of Smith's play into his own game.

"He's someone I've really looked up to. The way he plays the game, everyone's got full respect for him," Falloon told NRL.com.

"He's not cocky or arrogant so I've really looked up to him, the way he controls a game and controls a football team from dummy half.

"He's a great player and the things he's achieved in the game speak for themself, it's sort of an honour playing against him.

"I like to bring an aggressive style of play. I like to rev up in defence and try and put some shots on and stuff like that to get the boys pumped up a bit but I'm also trying to take on a bit more leadership this year and guide the boys around a bit better, which I think I'm getting better at.

"With young halves in Aidan [Sezer] and Alby (Albert Kelly) we're all sort of learning."

Falloon and Kelly this week signed contract extensions at the Titans keeping them at the club until at least the end of the 2015 season but truth be told, Beau Falloon would prefer you weren't even reading this story at all.

His three-sentence entry on Wikipedia must be the briefest of any player now in their seventh year in the NRL and other than saying he was born in Sydney stretches no further than his 54 career games at the Rabbitohs and now Titans.

There's no mention of the fact that in 2011 he was the NSW Cup Player of the Year, certainly no hint that he's the youngest in a family of four (two sisters, one brother) and doesn't divulge that three years ago he lost his father, a traumatic event that took him time to come to grips with.

"He was a massive influence on me," he says. "Losing him was pretty hard for me at first, it took me a while to get over it but I had to be there for my mum to get her through that. That was a bit tough but we got through it."

Falloon credits his mother Karen as having the greatest influence on his life and regularly flies her up from Sydney for Gold Coast home games and she also attends any games the Titans play in Sydney.

A year after his father's passing the Coogee Wombats junior was working hard to earn the respect of his new teammates following a move to the Gold Coast but a biceps injury that prevented him from making his debut for the club until Round 19 made the transition that much more difficult.

Such has been the injury curse that has befallen the No.9 jumper at the Titans since Falloon's arrival, he and Matt Srama have barely played a game together and coach John Cartwright was forced to manufacture an extra dummy-half in Paul Carter.

With Srama still sidelined on his return from shoulder surgery, Falloon spent the pre-season indentured as the Titans' No.1 hooker until a hamstring strain the week before the opening trial again threatened to take away his shot at a permanent starting spot in the NRL.

"I'd had a really good pre-season, I was really fit and just before that first trial against the Warriors I twinged that hammy," he explained. "Then I tried to rush it a bit too fast and tried to get ready for the second trial and twinged it again over there in New Zealand.

"It was probably my fault, pushing it a bit too hard but I'm glad I got it right for Round 1.

"Since we've been up here me and Srama have been in and out. I'd get injured and then he'd get injured and we've struggled to play many games together and whoever's playing hooker seems to get an injury.

"Hopefully that's all behind us now and we can all get back on deck, me and Srama and [Sam] Irwin and Carter's doing a good job in there too."

He shuns the spotlight, hates the headlines and much prefers to do his talking on the field but one thing Falloon is happy to discuss is the fact that he has a whole lot more to say than his 'roomie' for away games, Matthew White.

"He loves his bed; has a feed and then straight back to his bed," revealed Falloon."Whatever we do it's just straight back into his room and into bed.

"He's a bit boring actually; we give it to him about that, he doesn't like it."

Titanic
06-04-14, 10:22 AM
lol@Matt White ... eats and bed (with poetry, chocolates and a hanky?) ... Blair at 5/8 should be fine in our misfiring backline.

rj62
06-04-14, 01:19 PM
How far was the kick off out by??

Bayside Titan
06-04-14, 01:21 PM
This looks bad. Storm looking good.

6 nil to Storm after 13 mins.

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 01:26 PM
A good finish from Gordon which he needed after being way out of position (as usual) for the Storm try. Having Bird as goal kicker may turn out to be costly.

rj62
06-04-14, 01:28 PM
Gordon the thief!!! Great work

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 01:28 PM
Great grab Gordon. He has been in all three tries - scored ours, gave them theirs, and now a great catch and pass.
Great try that and dare I say it - our attack is looking really good.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:35 PM
terrible first 10, puncuated by the shabby usual lack of attention to detail we are known for.

but then we settled and look like a real team. defending well and look really tight

then in attack, we are better in two areas....firstly coming out of trouble, bird / blair / harro / kelly are giving that ball behind the lead runner and giving us some width and variatian, and secondly maurice is giving some decent early ball to his centres and wingers.

he isnt even gassing it, but gets across and feeds the ball more often than sezer or even alby does. gives us a much better look and flow.

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 01:36 PM
I think Gordon is ******ed

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 01:37 PM
4th try to Kevin Gordon. FFS Kev you are a winger stay there. How the hell can the opposition teams know he comes way in but we cannot get it fixed.

Bayside Titan
Tighe out for the game. Bugger.

DavidBouveng
not sayig he should be fulltime 5/8th. but it shows how we could change a bit for the better if Sezer could do the same

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 01:38 PM
I think Gordon is ******ed

Yeah, that's probably all I needed to stay.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:39 PM
i wonder if anyone else practises kicking during the week and we have shootouts to see who does it?

surely Bird isnt the best. albert and blair should be able to kick a few with some practise.

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 01:39 PM
Now Tigh gone for the game , Bird is a terrible goal kicker , this could get ugly very quickly

Harro is still Shyte

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:41 PM
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...i hope

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:41 PM
long ball form blair.... he is showing the regular halves how to get it wide. he is a breath of fresh air, and i was dreading him playing at 6

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:43 PM
im giving bird 50/50 on this one....lol. not really. he is decent from everywhere bar the sideline

TITAN PETE
Don can kick as well as take the high ball, good job Meady

rj62
Could the ref ever just award a try without referring.........?

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 01:44 PM
long ball form blair.... he is showing the regular halves how to get it wide. he is a breath of fresh air, and i was dreading him playing at 6

I'm glad they have left him at 6 after Tighes injury

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:44 PM
Don is great with High ball. i was hoping for FFL, but Don is pushing his case for regular inclusion.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:45 PM
I'm glad they have left him at 6 after Tighes injury

i know mate. i was waiting to see harro drop back and maurice go wide...which undoes what we are seeing as his best attribute..ball playing. im all of a sudden a huge fan. someone get me a 19 on my jersey

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 01:46 PM
Don is getting better and better. Melbourne are there to be beaten today - if only we are good enough. If someone had said we would score three tries in the first 30 minutes I would have choked.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:50 PM
i JUST saw the like button....

Toads
06-04-14, 01:51 PM
We've played worse.. We're still in this if the injury toll don't blow out.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:51 PM
big set boys....three then blair chip for mead in the middle....do it. do it.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:52 PM
We've played worse.. We're still in this if the injury toll don't blow out.

mate im actually excited about this. aside from the first few minutes, we have defended and played tough, while spreading the ball more than i can recall since presto played.

Squinter98
06-04-14, 01:55 PM
Is it just me or are we playing like its 2010! I'm getting excited without out getting to cocky.

rj62
06-04-14, 01:56 PM
mate im actually excited about this. aside from the first few minutes, we have defended and played tough, while spreading the ball more than i can recall since presto played.

Spreading the ball being the great thing....what a refreshing change......

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 01:58 PM
Is it just me or are we playing like its 2010! I'm getting excited without out getting to cocky.

even in 2010 we were gritty rather than exciting, in 08 and 09, we were crisp and so classy...this is nice. its the basic second man stuff coming out of our half with a man cruising wide and into space for his ruck rather than the congested 'throw a hanky over them' formation we use in the middle

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 02:01 PM

No, I think they are playing better. Maybe it is due to the change at 5/8 as others have said.
It's one of those games where we might wish that half time did not arrive. Bellamy will spray the Storm big time so we will see how they react. I thought by now I would have turned the tv off in disgust and gone and listened to Manly v Tigers but not yet.

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:01 PM
Let's hope the Storm run out of puff , Smith has already made 36 tackles in the 1st half

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:05 PM
Spreading the ball being the great thing....what a refreshing change......

We may be finally seeing what Henry is bringing to the team , Fox just showed the dressing rooms & it was all Henry pointing & waving to the players

gotitans101_
06-04-14, 02:05 PM
Good to see Neil Henry giving the boys a few pointers in the sheds too. Carty looking pretty relaxed.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:10 PM
We may be finally seeing what Henry is bringing to the team , Fox just showed the dressing rooms & it was all Henry pointing & waving to the players

same as that meninga / henry relationship. one is the wise father getting you ready mentally, the other is the teacher, showing you how to get it done. i though i heard this week that henry was moving on backs coaching now after spending time on defence.

if this is after a week or two...oh lawd. the commitment this year (apart from tigers) combined with actually using some of the skill in this team could be pretty awesome.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:12 PM
allllbbbuuuusss!!!!!!!!

rj62
06-04-14, 02:13 PM
Gotta love Alby.....

TITAN PETE
How much confidence has Alby got , he's playing like a young Red Hot Benji

DavidBouveng
do i dare to dream?

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:14 PM
i think we are tougher in the mind to hold off the sotrm than in the past.

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 02:14 PM
20 points should win most games but unfortunately it will not be enough today. C'mon Titans.

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:16 PM
Bad marker Defence that shows again why Harro shouldn't be there

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:17 PM
harro! bludging in the middle lets smith stroll through. come on!

Toads
06-04-14, 02:18 PM
i think we are tougher in the mind to hold off the sotrm than in the past.

Yeah, a refreshing change indeed. :)

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:21 PM
2 forward passes to Carter in the 2nd half shows he's very much a rookie at 9, although I think he was robbed with the 2nd

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:23 PM
The Storm invented the Crusher

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:24 PM
MIniiiii!!!!

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:25 PM
The Storm invented the Crusher
mate im furious. these guys were always gonna be the team to hurt someone....they do, and continue to risk bustin necks... i dont know how birdy and that doesnt snap them

rj62
06-04-14, 02:25 PM
Onya mini!!!!!'

Toads
06-04-14, 02:26 PM
As much **** as we put on Mini at times. I'm glad for him he stuck that one like he did. :)

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 02:26 PM
mate im furious. these guys were always gonna be the team to hurt someone....they do, and continue to risk bustin necks... i dont know how birdy and that doesnt snap them

Stick to playing footy fellas.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:27 PM
im usually a mini defender on here. his mistakes arent as bad as people make out, and some other players should be selected ahead of him sometimes...but he always gives effort and is a proud titan. he is like our matt geyer

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:28 PM
Stick to playing footy fellas.

you mean the storm or you mean our guys not to get distracted

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:30 PM
Bailey dislocated his finger & signaled to the bench way back on the Storms 20 but there must have been no one ready to come on

Mexican titan
you mean the storm or you mean our guys not to get distracted

The latter!!

DavidBouveng
F^&* you smith and your kicking.

rj62
06-04-14, 02:31 PM
F^&* you smith and your kicking.

Couldn't agree more....:mad:

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:32 PM
falloon back on to close it out. that makes me feel better

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:33 PM
Meady is making some nice little touches and getting involved at right times. much better than last week.

rj62
06-04-14, 02:34 PM
Bailey dislocated his finger & signaled to the bench way back on the Storms 20 but there must have been no one ready to come on

He'll probably just chew it off and keep going..... :D

rj62
06-04-14, 02:35 PM
Is this performance 'Henry' based...?

rj62
06-04-14, 02:35 PM
Come on boys hang in there.....

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:36 PM
The young Storm winger is learning the Cheating Storm ways early in his career

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:37 PM
The young Storm winger is learning the Cheating Storm ways early in his career

he is a massive grub. he watches steve matai videos every night im sure.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:38 PM
Great defence. one more boys

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:38 PM
Meady!!!! thats could be a huge play

rj62
06-04-14, 02:39 PM
he is a massive grub. he watches steve matai videos every night im sure.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rj62
06-04-14, 02:41 PM
Ahhhhh F*^k !!!!!!!!!!

Toads
06-04-14, 02:42 PM
Here come's another Golden Point win by the Storm.. grrr

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:42 PM
however the last 10 unfolds. im proud of the lads and this is the type of game that i like to watch. competitive, tough, skillful, a bit adventurous... well done lads

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:43 PM
bird for FG? hes done it before...or is it kelly?

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:44 PM
**** it, taka to score

rj62
06-04-14, 02:45 PM
Go boys...!!!!!!

rj62
06-04-14, 02:46 PM
F@@k!!!!!!!!!

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:46 PM
noo penalties!. Harro im looking right at you

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:47 PM
man we look good

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:47 PM
alby go for the intercept?

rj62
06-04-14, 02:49 PM
Come on birdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:49 PM
think we should be just moving forward for a FG... penalty goal from 40 isnt what we want imo from a non speciaist kicker

Toads
06-04-14, 02:50 PM
If Birdy gets this..

DavidBouveng
we look good enough for a try imo. more likely than the storm

rj62
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

DavidBouveng
he missed those earlier ones to make a game of it

rj62
06-04-14, 02:51 PM
What a result......now is that the first time we've seen a real influence from Henry?

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:51 PM
famous win. maybe a turning point leading into the derby!!!!!

K2G
06-04-14, 02:52 PM
F** Yeah! Great win.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:53 PM
What a result......now is that the first time we've seen a real influence from Henry?

whatever it was, it was very noticable. was a different team. we kept the defensive integrity and toughness, and added some movement. that is a team that can go far.

K2G
Tigers smashing Manly - titans to #1 on the table?

ozynorts
Just bleeding typical, one day that I can't watch the game and it sounds like the boys played a good game. Managed to catch the last 7 minutes.

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 02:54 PM
YOU BLOODY BEAUTY. Titans will be top by the way if Manly go down.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 02:54 PM

touche K2G. saw the manly progress, but didnt draw the conclusion. i was saying wed be top 2....no sir. 1st with a bullet.

Where is Carty, someone get the pen out and sign him up before everyone comes rushing to sign him for 5 years

Titanic
06-04-14, 02:55 PM
i'm on my phone in a meeting what happened ?

Mexican titan
What a shame there will be a carry on over the last penalty.

DavidBouveng
also, Bellamy will go nuts cos of the last call, but we outplayed them , no one could deny it, and we also scored more tries.

convincing victory from my part, but the goal kicking made it look close

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:56 PM
Brilliant win

amaline
Pay up, vBookie!

DavidBouveng
i'm on my phone in a meeting what happened ?

titans win by 2, score 5 tries to 4, and looked as promising attack wise since 09...didnt miss much mate

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 02:58 PM
Sole Competition Leaders , maybe only for a short time but we will be on top equal at worst

Titanic
06-04-14, 03:00 PM
fantastic at least i got one tip ... will watch tho replay while you are all getting your much needed beauty sleep and comment then ... did i hear Tighe is injured ?thanks DB

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 03:02 PM
fantastic at least i got one tip ... will watch tho replay while you are all getting your much needed beauty sleep and comment then ... did i hear Tighe is injured ?thanks DB

yeah you will enjoy. You will be suprised how good an influance Blair had on our game. He set a tone of movement. i keep saying to my wife, if we lost that game, i still would have been incredibly encouraged from our style.

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 03:03 PM

Injured early in the 1st half after scoring so Big DT went in the centres & played an excellent 80 minutes

DavidBouveng
Sole Competition Leaders , maybe only for a short time but we will be on top equal at worst

looke VERY likely we will be sole leaders.... what a great leadup to the derby. beating the storm and being first validates us somewhat and should get a few extra people to the game

Toads
It's so pleasing to steal a win from the Storm for a change, instead of us being on the receiving again.

Bloody fantastic to see us playing entertaining footy again as well. That's part I miss the most out of our Blokes. :thumbsup:

Smakked
06-04-14, 03:04 PM
Seen some promising things today, but still frustrating in areas, our timing is bad. Still good to get a win down there

shamus
06-04-14, 03:06 PM

Guess I'll turn the telly off then should I?. :eyebrows:

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 03:11 PM
i like this manly jersey. this jersey represents a dominant period for them. keep looking for Ridge or Innes to pop up.

maybe some Danny Moore action

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 03:12 PM
did anyone else read about Storm no wearing a heritage jersey? said they would wear it later in year for there old boys game...seems poor attitude.

Hail Sezer
06-04-14, 03:51 PM
Just finished watching this. Really happy, first time in a while I can say that.

Mead was an absolute champion. Puts his body on the line so much. It's going to be insulting to see Zillman waltz back in to fullback.

Geeman
06-04-14, 03:55 PM
Tough decisions ahead for the Moejoe voting, almost a complete team effort

gotitans101_
06-04-14, 04:09 PM
Did Falloon go on report for that dangerous tackle?

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 04:46 PM
Bird penalty sinks Storm at death
By William Botoulas, Melbourne Correspondent
NRL.com
4:15pm Sun 06th April, 2014

It was another thriller at AAMI Park however this one ended with a different tale.

The Gold Coast Titans moved to the top of the NRL ladder and recorded just their second win in seven trips to Melbourne after defeating the Storm 28-26 in front of 11,930 fans.

A Greg Bird penalty kick from 32 metres in the final minute gave the Titans their third consecutive win. Ryan Hinchcliffe in his 150th NRL game conceded the controversial penalty, after being called for a stripped ball by referee Ben Cummins – much to the dismay of the Melbourne crowd.

It was a win the Titans thoroughly deserved though who controlled the game for much of the 80 minutes. Dave Taylor (178 metres) was pivotal for the visitors as was excitement machine Albert Kelly (130 metres, one try).

The Titans' kicking game took a significant blow prior to kickoff with Aidan Sezer (quad) replaced by Maurice Blair at five-eighth. On the contrary the Storm, its halves fit and firing, took just six minutes to show on the scoreboard.

Halfback Cooper Cronk caught the Titans’ defence napping out to the right with a perfectly waited kick to Sisa Waqa, who crossed for his fifth try of the season.

However it was Titans right-winger Kevin Gordon with the instant reply, as he capped of a clinical cross-field play to dive past his counterpart to get the visitors on the board.

It was to be two in a minute for the visitors, thanks again to some Gordon brilliance.

The winger snatched an aerial ball from Slater in mid-air before offloading to Ashley Harrison. With the Storm defence in no man’s land, Brad Tighe capped off the play to hand the Titans an 8-6 advantage after two missed conversions.

It was a case of ‘anything you can do I can do better’ though as Waqa responded again for the home side in the 24th minute. In almost a carbon copy of the opening try, Cronk pinpointed the right-winger from centre field as Waqa burnt his direct opponent to gather, cross and along with the conversion restore the four-point lead.

It was a highly entertaining first half and the highlights kept coming 10 minutes before the break.

Anthony Don placed a clever check-side kick in front of the posts for David Mead, who flew from the heavens to steal the ball and the try. Bird notched the point-blank conversion and it was the Titans with a 14-12 lead at half-time.

Despite holding the lead the Titans had only themselves to blame for not being further in front, completing just 13 of 22 sets on the back of 6 first half errors.

Gold Coast resumed proceedings full of running and extended their lead just minutes from the restart. Young gun Albert Kelly picked off a Ben Hampton pass at the 40m to break away and give his side an eight-point lead.

The Storm was in desperate need of a spark and who else to provide it than its inspirational skipper. Cameron Smith played on from dummy half, broke the line, offloaded to Cronk who played a simple ball in for Kenny Bromwich to cross under the posts. With 30 minutes to play this game remained well in the balance as the Titans led 20-18.

But this was a Titans team determined to make the trip back home with nothing less than two points.

At 55 minutes their eight-point lead was restored as Mark Minichello broke the line 10 metres out, steamrolled Billy Slater and with the Bird conversion the Gold Coast looked likely for an upset win.

But Smith, Slater and Cronk – when in doubt just get the ball in their hands.

At the 60-minute mark that is exactly what the Storm did as the trio combined for a wonderfully rehe****d play for Will Chambers, who scored down the right touchline. Smith’s conversion had the margin back to just two-points.

The screws were then tightened by the home side, which for the next 10 minutes piled on the pressure with repeat sets of six.

The Titans line held firm but could only hold for so long before conceding a penalty in the 70th minute. Smith opted for the kick in front of the posts and it was all square at AAMI Park as the predominantly purple crowd began to find its voice.

Yet they were to be left disappointed as Bird made his crucial penalty kick at the death.

Gold Coast Titans 28 (Gordon, Tighe, Mead, Kelly, Minichiello tries; Bird 4 goals) def Melbourne Storm 26 (Waqa 2, K Bromwich, Chambers tries; Smith 5 goals) at AAMI Park. Crowd: 11,930.

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 04:48 PM
did anyone else read about Storm no wearing a heritage jersey? said they would wear it later in year for there old boys game...seems poor attitude.

Typical Melbourne arrogance , not surprised when I read that yesterday

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 04:49 PM
Did Falloon go on report for that dangerous tackle?

Yes he was but I think he'll be ok

a flash of gordon
06-04-14, 04:55 PM
Great win by the boys. A great team effort. Mead was tough today and constantly put his body on the line. Did anyone else see Beddow on the sidelines today?

Coaster
06-04-14, 05:16 PM
Not since 1953 has a team led the competition with a negative differential

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 05:36 PM
Not since 1953 has a team led the competition with a negative differential

im not far behind you coaster as a staunch critic of the regime. but if today was a glimpse of our potential this year, we wont be negative for long. that said, i wrote the same post, then deleted it as i didnt want to dampen the mood too much

Coaster
06-04-14, 05:44 PM
im not far behind you coaster as a staunch critic of the regime. but if today was a glimpse of our potential this year, we wont be negative for long. that said, i wrote the same post, then deleted it as i didnt want to dampen the mood too much

Don't get me wrong they won well today.
I was just surprised at the stat

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 05:53 PM
Just watched the game. Livestream was playing up for me LIVE so I have to wait for games to be finished.

It was a great game, entertaining, gritty defence and great plays. Carter, Don, Mead and Gordon impressed. We definitely deserved to win, having missed those conversions. It was a dodgy dodgy penalty that secured the win though.

It felt like September football and was great to see the Storm come back into it and level it up.

Earlier I complained about the lack of Heritage with us and the Storm, especially because we usually meet during Origin (Which needs to change). But today we made some brand new Heritage and it sets us up well for the Broncos games.

Wow Coaster, leading the competition on a negative differential. Never seen anything like that, it isn't good and it's still early days. WTF

We are actually clearly leading the competition by 2 points. Perhaps we are finally seening Henry's influence.

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 05:56 PM

Yea it's GOOD to have something to be excited and happy about. Filling the potential we all know is there.

All the reason we go ape **** when we are a shambles, cause we know what we can be capable of.

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 06:05 PM
So pleasing to see the forum alive with enthusiasm. :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 06:08 PM
Match Highlights and there was plenty!

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=fd5fc71d2bcc4b60a622cf8d3348d605&ec=NocjRybDoZFex6KCa3LA8aPEwcx1oZFt"></script>

Tamwelg
06-04-14, 06:11 PM
Pay up, vBookie!

Done.

Tamwelg
06-04-14, 06:13 PM
Just got home to this awesome news. No to find a replay.

RichOs69
06-04-14, 06:15 PM
what was with the storm guy pretending to be out cold then jumped up like a spring chicken with a grin on his head the second the penalty was blown ... commentators sort of picked up on it, but just glossed away after an offhand comment about soccer ... no replay to see what actually happened, should there even have been a penalty? ... I got the feeling, the refs drove that game towards the end, some sus calls to get storm level, then a sus one to hand the game to us ... was very odd

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 06:22 PM
Just got home to this awesome news. No to find a replay.

830 on fox if u have it

Mexican titan
06-04-14, 06:45 PM

Much the same with me. I heard Carty's press conference and he mentioned Sezer coming back etc. Goal kicking notwithstanding I would really like to see todays side go around again and just see how they go. As others said throughout the game we looked much sharper with the halves we had today. Either way it seems like we might have a back up at 5/8 finally.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 06:51 PM
Much the same with me. I heard Carty's press conference and he mentioned Sezer coming back etc. Goal kicking notwithstanding I would really like to see todays side go around again and just see how they go. As others said throughout the game we looked much sharper with the halves we had today. Either way it seems like we might have a back up at 5/8 finally.

yeah agreed mate, i reckon blair deserves a second crack after today. unfortunately i just cant see it. Sezer is as entrenched as Harro. Id be happy if they at least reviewed todays game and looked at why it went well. and if its simply a matter if sezer paying straighter and giving earlier ball then give him a chance to do it. and if Blair plays 1 game this year at 5/8th but we learnt from it....i can live with that. but Sezer has something to live to now as far as i am concerned

TITAN PETE
06-04-14, 06:51 PM
Storm fume over fatal late penalty
By William Boutolas, Melbourne Correspondent
NRL.com
5:45pm Sun 06th April, 2014

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy was left to ponder a controversial penalty decision in the dying moments of his side’s 28-26 loss to the Gold Coast at AAMI Park on Sunday.

Greg Bird converted a 32-metre penalty kick with 32 seconds to play after Ryan Hinchcliffe, in his 150th NRL game, was called for a stripped ball by referee Ben Cummins.

The call sent the parochial Storm crowd into a chorus of boos as their side suffered its second straight defeat.

"I’ve watched it a couple of times but to me it was a disgraceful decision," Bellamy said.

"If I’m wrong I’ll apologise but to me it was a real bad call. I think most people here would be pretty disappointed with that penalty."

Despite his disappointment at the decision, Bellamy conceded the Storm were not up to scratch for the second consecutive week.

"We are not where we want to be with our footy at the moment, again we were really inconsistent," Bellamy said.

"It’s just about doing our jobs thoroughly. I think we’ve taken a few shortcuts at times and looking for the easy option. There hasn’t been a whole heap of improvement the last couple of weeks."

In a team renowned for its staunch defence, Melbourne has conceded 88 points in the last three weeks and now rank fourth highest for points against this season. It is a concern that is playing on the mind of captain Cameron Smith.

"It’s a pretty easy way to look at it, you can’t win matches when your conceding 30 points a game," Smith said.

"We pride ourselves on our defence and its like it’s there when we want it to be and then if we don’t want it to be they score points, it’s quite frustrating really.

"Defence is an attitude, it you want to stop teams you’ll stop them but if you don’t want to do they hard work you won’t and they’ll score points."

Melbourne will have plenty of time to lick its wounds before hosting sixth-placed St George Illawarra next Monday night.

Tamwelg
06-04-14, 07:07 PM
830 on fox if u have it

yep thanks mate. Last year I knew the direct link to watch on bigpondtv that worked about an hour after the game, but this year is different with the digital pass thing.

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 07:22 PM
I actually enjoyed the commentary for today's game.

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 07:22 PM
yep thanks mate. Last year I knew the direct link to watch on bigpondtv that worked about an hour after the game, but this year is different with the digital pass thing.

Yea the damn digital pass.

Titan68
06-04-14, 07:47 PM
Evening all. Good win today by the boys , BUT please don't get me wrong when I say I don't really know what to make of our early season form. It's been good , but I keep waiting for us to stumble. I heard Steve Mascord talking today saying our early season form has surely taken some pressure of John Cartwright. I said to my wife what has really helped is the presence of Neil Henry. In the world of Searle this must mean Cartwright will be signed for another 5 years , and get another big bonus. I HOPE I'm WRONG.

Boonarga
06-04-14, 09:02 PM
I thought the penalty was for offside, not a strip. The ref gave it back on the Melbourne 10.

DavidBouveng
06-04-14, 09:17 PM
I thought the penalty was for offside, not a strip. The ref gave it back on the Melbourne 10.

from the previous tackle? he blew it up while they were on the ground...could only have been from previous tackle. surely both coaches wouldnt get the penalty reason wrong? im interested though.

Boonarga
06-04-14, 09:27 PM
To me it appeared the ref was waving back, rather than signaling a strip. Those with sports ears at the game would know better.

Supergoose
06-04-14, 10:52 PM
Loved the way we played today and the fact that we kept playing despite getting nailed by the refs. Cam Smith has them under a spell. He tried to play the ball without getting to his feet and they gave him the penalty which leveled the scores. He trots away laughing that he's duped them again.

Blair was a breath of fresh air at 5/8. Not sure he's going to hold out Sezer and we might see him replace Tighe next week which will be interesting as he'll get to play on his preferred left side.

Biggest change for us was the back line depth when we were attacking from close range. Much deeper and it made us more potent. Taka was sensational today.

Lets hope we recover well and can keep our heads against a refreshed broncos who get an extra 2 days to prepare for the M1 clash. Looking forward to an improved showin in the derby.

DIEHARD
06-04-14, 11:39 PM
An intercept try is Rugby League's cocaine. Well done Alby.

ozynorts
07-04-14, 05:46 AM
Beau Falloon might be in trouble for the lifting tackle though.

Griff0
07-04-14, 05:55 AM
Best way to watch the replays download google chrome and the browser add on zenmate (should only take a couple of minutes) will be available 1 hours after the live coverage ends

https://new.livestream.com/nrl

You can watch the games live as well if you don't have fox

K2G
07-04-14, 06:42 AM
Best way to watch the replays download google chrome and the browser add on zenmate (should only take a couple of minutes) will be available 1 hours after the live coverage ends

https://new.livestream.com/nrl

You can watch the games live as well if you don't have fox

Or this YouTube channel which uploads full match replays 4 - 5 days after live air ... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9arNEA7BnqUQDWf5P6I5Mg

TITAN FAN
07-04-14, 06:46 AM
A great performance the boys really hung in and played with pride and plenty of aggression and courage in the mix
I agree with others our attack was not pretty but an improvement on previous weeks
Hope Falloon is cleared his defense was very impressive up the middle given his size both Falloon and Srama are very courageous in that department
Thought Falloon was very good from dummy half with his swift left to right passing game
Mead Blair Kelly Birdy Taka Don Myles were very impressive
In fact the whole team were impressive
Bellanys fangs would have grown another inch or two after his sides loss

shamus
07-04-14, 07:07 AM
Cam Smith has them under a spell. He tried to play the ball without getting to his feet and they gave him the penalty which leveled the scores. He trots away laughing that he's duped them again.

I noticed that as well. Also about the 'strip' at the 79 minute....If that had happened at the 10th, 20th or even 50th minute there would be no comment. Because it is at the end of the match it is a game changer. They are all game changers, it is just that some are more noticeable than others. (being at the 79th and not the 20th) I thought Carter was hard done by on 1 of his passes but I saw Strom throw a few suspect ones as well. They could have been game changers as well.

P.S. Cartwright is the best coach in the World... :p

mup23
07-04-14, 07:32 AM
I don't think it was a matter of Blair being a better 5/8 than Sezer, it was more to do with actually having a staggered back line for the first time in years. Sezer can't feed to ball to the backs if they're all standing next to him

Mexican titan
07-04-14, 08:01 AM
I don't think it was a matter of Blair being a better 5/8 than Sezer, it was more to do with actually having a staggered back line for the first time in years. Sezer can't feed to ball to the backs if they're all standing next to him

You may well be right. The question is why did we have a staggered backline when Blair plays 5/8. Is it because there was a complete plan change from this game and it coincided with Blair being 5/8 or is it because it suited Blairs style. I guess we will find out when Sezer plays 5/8 next. Hopefully it was a coaching decision starting this game but if we are flat as per previous efforts this year when Sezer next plays then questions will need to be asked.

TITAN PETE
07-04-14, 09:27 AM
WHEN Mark Minichiello bulldozed Billy Slater at AAMI Park yesterday it meant more than four points on the scoreboard.

It was a symbol of what this Gold Coast team is all about.

In past years it would have been acceptable for Minichiello to latch on to the David Mead offload and be wrapped up by Test No. 1 Slater, arguably the game’s greatest fullback.

The Storm had every reason to win after the fallout from the Alex McKinnon injury which saw forward Jordan McLean suspended for seven weeks.

But this time it was different.

No one was stopping Minichiello, who beat two Storm defenders then trampled all over Slater before being swamped by the other 12 Titans on the field when he scored next to the posts.

The reaction of his teammates typified what the Titans are building their season on.

Guts, determination, attitude and effort could sum up how this outfit is playing and it was apparent in the thrilling 28-26 victory that it is a genuine premiership threat this season.

“We’re playing for each other,” Minichiello said after the win propelled the Titans to outright first on the NRL ladder.

“That’s what we’ve got to do. Run hard and over the top of blokes.

“Since the Tigers game (42-12 loss) we’ve really done that. We’ve taken it on board and come together as a team.

“As long as we keep our defence solid and keep working on our attack we’ll be a force in the competition.”

This was not just like any other win. The Storm had only lost two of their past 20 games at AAMI Park.

The team featured Test trio Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk but the Titans trumped them in most positions across the park.

David Mead played one of his best games in the No. 1 jersey.

His commitment in defence could not be faulted and he registered in all the key attacking statistics categories.

Dave Taylor ran for 203m after being shifted to the centres. Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison again topped the tackle count.

But away from the numbers and highlight reels is an attitude that can’t be measured.

When they falter in execution, they make up for it with effort.

“It was a good effort by our boys to stay in the game,” Titans co-captain Nate Myles said.

“Our boys are still learning those games. We need to learn to stay in the grind and we did that.”

Yesterday was the best the Titans have played with the ball in hand and while it wasn’t clinical it was a step in the right direction.

But as long as they keep producing the attitude they have been, their points on the ladder will keep ticking over. Friday night features another test in what is a relentless competition.

The Broncos at Cbus Super Stadium on a five-day turnaround is never an easy task.

Titanic
07-04-14, 09:43 AM
which Titans team will turn up? one can only hope.

C-Whiz
07-04-14, 02:16 PM
Apart from Flash always coming in/up to far, there was lot to like after the opening 10 minutes.

I agree with pretty much everything everyone else has already said.

And Mead got to actually wear the #1 on his back.

We took advantage of a vulnerable Storm side and grabbed the win we needed to have. The best part about it is that we showed we still have plenty of room for improvement.

DIEHARD
07-04-14, 03:00 PM
We defeated a Storm that was on high alert, had Cam, Billy and Cronk and was at their Home.

Very satisfying.

C-Whiz
07-04-14, 03:28 PM
We defeated a Storm that was on high alert, had Cam, Billy and Cronk and was at their Home.

Very satisfying.I didn't mean my comment to sound like we were playing a lesser Storm side, I just meant that they were there to be had, and we took them. As you said, very satisfying.

Funny how we are currently on the top of the NRL ladder and the Knights are at the bottom and we have the same premiership odds as them.

ozynorts
07-04-14, 04:16 PM
I get sick of the commentators not listening to the refs on the field when they make a call. It will be interesting to see if anyone in the media picks it up and puts it out there for all to see.

Boonarga
07-04-14, 05:08 PM
Yeah, as I suspected. The commentators assume what the call is and everyone runs with it.

Mexican titan
07-04-14, 05:26 PM
Just watched the replay of the game on fox sports and saw clear as day that the winning penalty was for the storm players being offside. The ref who awarded this penalty was signalling offside not a flipping strip! It just annoys me reading all these news reports saying that the storm are furious or they were ripped off. It is ridiculous.

Mate I am happy to be proven wrong and I have not seen the replay but when I was watching yesterday it looked a pretty clear signal for a strip to me. I would have thought after all the post game carry on I think they would have come out by now and said the penalty was for offside if it was.
What matters is that the best side won and as someone else said the penalty against Falloon that allowed the Storm to level the scores was a dubious call as well. When Cummins is the ref you never know what is going to happen. The bloke is a dog and how he has got major games is beyond me.

Bayside Titan
07-04-14, 08:44 PM
All I'm taking out of the game is that we won. Storm were sloppy and we benefitted from a few uncharacteristic errors from the Storm. Mini's try was only try that I got excited about. If we win 2 out of the next three games then I'll be excited.

DIEHARD
07-04-14, 09:00 PM
We have so much to thank Albert Kelly for. He is our wild card and he is winning us games.

Bayside Titan
07-04-14, 09:27 PM
We have so much to thank Albert Kelly for. He is our wild card and he is winning us games.

Amen to that Diehard.

DavidBouveng
07-04-14, 09:29 PM
if he doesnt chip kick / intercept / score a 50m+ try on friday night, ill walk butt naked to burleigh.

DIEHARD
08-04-14, 01:48 AM
Gold Coast Titans star Greg Bird pokes fun at Melbourne Storm’s Cooper Cronk on Instagram

http://instagram.com/p/mcNKyMiJ8D/

TITANS star Greg Bird has rubbed further salt into Melbourne Storm’s gaping wound after Sunday’s controversial loss by poking fun at Origin rival Cooper Cronk on his Instagram account.

The jibe continued the bad blood between Bird and Cronk, who also clashed heatedly at full time.

Melbourne was furious after the Titans received a last-minute penalty for a stripped ball when replays showed Gold Coast’s Luke Douglas appeared to drop it cold.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy labelled it a “disgraceful decision” and a “real bad call”.

Bird broke the deadlock with a 32m penalty goal to snatch a 28-26 win at AAMI Park.

Then he let Storm know all about.

On Sunday night he posted a celebratory picture on his Instagram account with a cheeky caption at Cronk’s expense.

“Every sinew in my body came together in one perfect whole. Haha these are the scariest and greatest moments in Rugby League! #Nailbiter.”

Cronk famously used the same line when describing his dramatic field goal from 42m out in Game 3 of the 2012 State of Origin series.

Bird was a part of the losing New South Wales side that night.

“Every sinew in my body came together in one perfect whole,” Cronk said.

“But those who have ever experienced that feeling, and it doesn’t happen very often, will tell you it’s in a whole other place of experience from the usual ego or vanity that drives my game.

“So I’m not afraid to own it for what it was.”

Bird’s Instagram photo has received over 1700 likes.

But it has not gone down well with many Melbourne supporters with one Storm fan firing one back to Bird.

“Difference was Cooper earned his you got it hand fed to ya from the refs,” wrote one fan.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-titans-star-greg-bird-pokes-fun-at-melbourne-storms-cooper-cronk-on-instagram/story-fni3grk4-1226876633497

DIEHARD
08-04-14, 01:49 AM
Birdie creating some nice bad blood for our next Heritage encounter lol!

TITAN PETE
08-04-14, 02:16 AM
I love Birdy :laugh:

Titanic
08-04-14, 09:21 AM
Not much in that ... you reap what you sew.