PDA

View Full Version : Website Update

TITAN PETE
06-03-14, 09:25 AM
Do not panic if you are unable to get on our website at sometime today as we are moving to our new site which will happen at some point throughout the day.

Just like with out footy team have a little Patience :D, it won't be off line for more than an hour or 2..

ozynorts
06-03-14, 09:31 AM
New site, yyeyeeaahhhhhhh. Can't wait to see what it looks like.
:banana:

Bayside Titan
06-03-14, 10:25 AM
Great news.

Tamwelg
06-03-14, 11:07 AM
I'll most likely be doing the change around 2pm. I'm backing up the site and getting everything ready to make sure down time is at a minimum. I'll have the forum component of the site back up as quick as I can and then start turning on the other features I have created so far.

I haven't completed anywhere near as much as I was hoping for the launch, but there is enough there to get excited about, with more being added throughout the year.

I've managed to score a few gigs building and tweaking a few websites, which has soaked up most of my spare time that I was going to spend on our new site, but I was getting paid for the other work.

I'll keep you all posted if any of my plans change throughout the day.

Titanic
06-03-14, 11:56 AM
No worries Tam, we all very much appreciate all your's and the team's efforts and what happens, happens ... good luck with it all.

DIEHARD
06-03-14, 12:25 PM
Excited for the launch. Tam has been very generous with his skills and time. I'm delighted that he is being recognised by others and he is being rewarded.

Bayside Titan
06-03-14, 12:40 PM
Thanks in advance Tam. Look forward to seeing your handy work later today.

Tamwelg
06-03-14, 08:32 PM
We're back. Still got a lot to go, so it may not look right in a few places. I've only turned the forum on for now.Going to watch the game now. Will work some more later.

DIEHARD
06-03-14, 08:45 PM
Enjoy the footy you legend!

I love it.

K2G
06-03-14, 08:46 PM
looking fantastic so far tam.

ozynorts
06-03-14, 08:48 PM
Looks great mate.

DavidBouveng
06-03-14, 08:55 PM
thanks si much Tam. your a champ

Bayside Titan
06-03-14, 09:23 PM
Looks great mate. You have done well. Enjoy the footy and come looking for me at the first home game to buy you a beer or two.

Smakked
06-03-14, 10:45 PM
Made for low res screen? Huge white space on the sides ?

Tamwelg
07-03-14, 12:20 AM
It's the standard size for a fixed style website. Which is more to do with mobile / portable devices becoming a more popular form of web browsing. I do agree though, the white space can be a bit much and it is something I've previously noted and have come with a few ideas for. It will not be a white space for ever ;)

kioli
07-03-14, 08:44 AM
Looks great on an iPad guys, well done.

Smakked
07-03-14, 09:16 AM
It's the standard size for a fixed style website. Which is more to do with mobile / portable devices becoming a more popular form of web browsing. I do agree though, the white space can be a bit much and it is something I've previously noted and have come with a few ideas for. It will not be a white space for ever ;)

Well most probably dont have screens a s big as mine but it look stupid on my monitor LOL i use 2 x 2560x1600 res.

I will fix it in browser with grease monkey no worries

Tamwelg
07-03-14, 10:32 AM
Well most probably dont have screens a s big as mine but it look stupid on my monitor LOL i use 2 x 2560x1600 res.

I'm so glad I gave up so much of my spare time to be told it looks stupid. Oh well, I guess honesty is the best policy.

Tamwelg
07-03-14, 10:32 AM
There seems to be a double post glitch now and then that needs attention.

Hail Sezer
07-03-14, 11:07 AM

Shots fired.

Looks great Tam, awesome job. This is next level!

Titanic
07-03-14, 11:18 AM
Looks fine fine but on my laptop the page cannot be viewed on one screen and I have to slide to see about 1/3 of the page ... not a complaint just pointing out a minor inconvenience. Also will it show in bold unread posts which was one of the great features of the old site?

Titanic Believer
07-03-14, 11:22 AM
Great looking site. Thanks. Now to get my head around it.

Smakked
07-03-14, 11:51 AM
I'm so glad I gave up so much of my spare time to be told it looks stupid. Oh well, I guess honesty is the best policy.
Sorry mate cam across as wrong, Site looks awesome just the white space on my end is to much, but i have fixed it with some CSS magic,

Apologies if you took it the wrong way, and i do know how much work goes into this sort of thing as i dont it for about 5 years .

Good Job

Smakked
07-03-14, 11:51 AM
Seems duplicate posts aswell ?

Tamwelg
07-03-14, 12:03 PM
Titanic it does, bold threads that have unread posts, but the bold on the blue does n's stand put enough, I'll change that to srand out more.

Smakked no worries man, I know you were just giving feedback. Yep double post glitch needs looking at.

ozynorts
07-03-14, 12:09 PM
Just a question on the double posts. Are the guys getting the double ups posting from mobile phones?

Tamwelg
07-03-14, 01:24 PM
double post fix test.

Smakked
07-03-14, 01:29 PM
double post fix test.

Fixed?
Seems it only happened when you reply with quote

Smakked
07-03-14, 01:29 PM
double post fix test.

Fixed?

DIEHARD
07-03-14, 01:33 PM
Great to wake up to. Now we just need to sus out the gremlins. How about Tam's effort actually getting it done before Round 1 kick off!

I'm also keen to kick off our social media so we can bring new Titans fans to the fold and remind old ones of our presence.

DIEHARD
07-03-14, 01:33 PM
Great to wake up to. Now we just need to sus out the gremlins. How about Tam's effort actually getting it done before Round 1 kick off!

I'm also keen to kick off our social media so we can bring new Titans fans to the fold and remind old ones of our presence.

Smakked
07-03-14, 03:02 PM
One Great feature i just saw is the Auto Save, Goodwork Tam

Mexican titan
07-03-14, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your efforts with the new site. Great stuff and very much appreciated. Cheers.

Tamwelg
07-03-14, 04:27 PM
Fixed?

Hopefully it is fixed now.

Bayside Titan
07-03-14, 07:40 PM
Tam is the MAN. THANK YOU for all your hard work.

Please make sure you find me at a home game so I can buy you a few beers mate.

I really appreciate all you hard work over the past several months.

Skyfire
07-03-14, 09:44 PM
Well done Tamwelg, we have alot to thank you about. Drink in moderation. :laugh:

a flash of gordon
07-03-14, 11:17 PM
Thanks for all your hard work, it is much appreciated. The new design is great.

Boonarga
08-03-14, 10:36 AM
Site comes up very nice on iPad. Good work.

Tamwelg
10-03-14, 10:13 PM
I've added a few extra bits and pieces tonight. I thought I'd ironed all the bugs out before going life, but I've just fixed a few on the fly.

Front page
Player of the Year (Moejoe)
Player Profiles

The front page has another bug with the news not displaying inline. It's an easy fix, but my head is spinning now, so I'll sort that tomorrow.

Player profiles and the images used will be updated and fixed. I had to rush the data in tonight, so Moejoe award was ready to go live.

Moejoe Award is my baby and is named in honour of a founding forum member no longer with us. The Moejoe award is was pushed me toward re designing and developing the code for the new site. The page my seem quite simple to look at, but the was some pretty indepth algorithms in the code, which took a bit of time to work out. Adding up the player of the year votes was previously a major pain in the but, now it is all automatic.

Coaster
10-03-14, 10:27 PM
Looks friggin awesome Matt. Could imagine the coding needed.
Very very cool.

C-Whiz
11-03-14, 11:06 PM
Tam, you are indeed a TITAN CHAMPION, and what you have created from the old forum is nothing short of amazing.

It's people like yourself and the others who are prepared to keep working away tirelessly in the background, while the rest of us whinge and moan about everything that annoys us about the Titans, that allows us the freedom to whinge and moan about everything that annoys us about the Titans!

And now we get to do it on a cutting edge forum that looks friggin' amazing!

Seriously, thanks for all your effort. I have some idea of the time you have been working on this project, and can only imagine the hours and personal sacrifice you were making to get this beast up and running and under control, and and to be honest, I saw it taking shape and was amazed at what you were creating, but never thought it would be this good.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, that old forum posters and newbies alike should remember that it is people like you and DIEHARD that got this thing up and running in the first place, and saved it when it was looking like going down forever, and have now improved it to be something every forum user and Titans fan can be proud of.

People like yourself should be remembered by people like me for the efforts that allow us to log in when ever we have time to kill, and while we take it for granted, we should take a moment to consider how this forum grew to become what it is today.

As part of my contribution and as a show of thanks, I will commit to try and recruit new and old and returning forum members to come to the forum to bolster the ranks and bring the posts, comments and opinions back to a worthy level of contributing members.

Thanks again Tamwelg for an amazing new look, and thanks to all those who keep the forum running. :salute: :thumbsup: :drinkies: :salute:

Supergoose
12-03-14, 12:48 AM
Here, here - well said C-Whiz. This is great Tam, thanks for all your hard work getting this new Forum operational and to all of you who take the time to read and reply to everyone's post, you make this a great network to be part of. Long live the Titans and the League of Titans forum!

Tamwelg
12-03-14, 04:05 PM
Wow C-Whiz, some very very kind words there mate and much appreciated. As are all the kind words from everyone else. I appreciated the help you gave me with testing things out on the dummy site and giving some great feedback. I'll plod along with things and get the site to where we want it to be. Any suggestion, ideas, changes anyone wants to throw up, let me know. I most likely won't get to it straight away, as I don't seem to have as much spare time as I used to, but We'll get there eventually.

Tamwelg
23-04-14, 11:05 AM
UPDATE

The following new features have recently been added recently:

Thumbs Up / Thumbs down (it's a like / dislike type of thing that is there on all posts)

Scores and stats (scores and stats page gives all titans games scores and full player stats, which will be updated live during all titans games. The link is in the menu bar on the home page)

NRL Ladder (the NRL ladder is now available on the home page and a more indepth ladder is available via the link in the menu on the home page)

vBookie (I think everyone seems to have got the hang of this, so no explanation required. I've made it easier for the mods to add the vBookie adds and intend to write some code to make it even easier again)

Player Profiles (Player profiles have been added and updated. There's still a few bits and pieces to add, but it's getting there. With the intro of the scores and stats page, there stats last game section of the player profiles is now active)

I'm currently working on a tipping comp for the site and a NRL draw page that will tie in with the scores and stats page.

Fixed a bug in the Moejoe award code that someone inadvertently pointed out, where you could allocate negative votes to players, which at the same time gave you extra votes to allocate to other players, as long as the total positive votes was equal to or below 6. I found this before a round tally, so the integrity of the voting has not been compromised.

Double posting bug has also been fixed.

I'm yet to add something to the profiles to highlight those that contributed to the site becoming what it is today. I haven't yet settle on an idea, but have not forgotten about it.

There is lots of other little bits and pieces that I've been doing that aren't significant enough to mention.

If something appears broken or doesn't look quite right or there are any features you want added, please let me know.

Bayside Titan
23-04-14, 12:46 PM
Tam. Thank you for all your hard work as with out you we would be hear talking about our passion the Titans etc.

Mexican titan
23-04-14, 12:54 PM
Tam - simply great work mate.
A question - yesterday I tried to log in at work and after typing in name and pass word got the usual message about being redirected but did not actually log me in. Tried a few times through the day but no luck. No problems logging in from home which is where I normally access the site. Something I am doing wrong?

Titanic
23-04-14, 03:15 PM
Can't remember your name? :)

Tamwelg
23-04-14, 04:18 PM
Tam - simply great work mate.
A question - yesterday I tried to log in at work and after typing in name and pass word got the usual message about being redirected but did not actually log me in. Tried a few times through the day but no luck. No problems logging in from home which is where I normally access the site. Something I am doing wrong?

Most likely issue is a problem with the cookies in your browser. Try clearing your cookies.