PDA

View Full Version : Broncos vs Titans Derby Tickets Onsale! (Lang Park)

DIEHARD
03-03-14, 05:51 PM
CLICK TO BUY (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=BRON1014)

Date: Fri 16 May 2014 7:30PM
Venue: Suncorp Stadium, QLD
Time: 7:30PM

Smakked
03-03-14, 07:05 PM
Lang park has been dead for a while mate :P

DIEHARD
03-03-14, 07:44 PM
Never! Not while me and the ABC are around.

Toads
03-03-14, 09:13 PM
Last time I went to Suncorp, I think I counted about 12 Titan Supporters. I guess a lot of our Fans have had a gutful of the rude obnoxious behavior of the ****wit Donkey supporters.

Second last time I went there, I was bailed up by this drunk (up near Caxton) that thought he was going to sort me out. Fortunately for him, his other two mates told him to pull his head in. As I think they figured out pretty quickly I was prepared to take all three of them on that night..

To be honest, I'm embarrassed that a lot of Donkey Fans regard themselves as Queenslanders with the **** they dish up to the opposition. Probably about the worst Fan Base in all of the NRL Comp.

Titanic
03-03-14, 10:47 PM
Lang park has been dead for a while mate :P
It was my home ground before the Panthers moved to Purtell and although it may be sponsored, that is only window dressing.

DIEHARD
04-03-14, 12:35 AM
Wow toads. Your story is horrible. I haven't really many horror stories. Although I always drive or take a train from the north to the games.

But I have heard countless stories from nearly all my close Titans friends. And basically, people are fed up and something has to happen.

We need to talk to our an base and see what is wrong and what we can do.

Pretty much from the get go we ceded Lang Park and did nothing to nurture a Brisbane fanbase. Even though many of us are from Brisbane. We can't have a classic derby without helps of Titans fans there.

We play our Finals games there. Therefore Lang Park is our home ground. Between that, Bronco game and the old Bulldogs game, we had opportune chances to develop that northern fanbase.

We need travelling fans + thousands of Brisbane based fans.

DIEHARD
04-03-14, 12:37 AM
My horror story was attending the first Titans v Broncos game at Lang Park. It was a Titans home game and WE WON. A group of Broncos fans in a dark alley were getting really hostile and saying they would shove my flag somewhere uncomfortable. But truth is my flag would make an awesome weapon. Like Donotello the ninja turtle or Monkey.

Worst horror story is nearly always losing to the Super League scum in recent years.

Toads
04-03-14, 01:14 AM
My horror story was attending the first Titans v Broncos game at Lang Park. It was a Titans home game and WE WON. A group of Broncos fans in a dark alley were getting really hostile and saying they would shove my flag somewhere uncomfortable. But truth is my flag would make an awesome weapon. Like Donotello the ninja turtle or Monkey.

Worst horror story is nearly always losing to the Super League scum in recent years.

:laugh:

I must add.. Naturally not all Donkey Fans are shockers. I'm sure the majority of them are generally pretty good folk. I guess I just find the troublesome ones.. :fist:

DIEHARD
04-03-14, 01:23 AM
:laugh:

I must add.. Naturally not all Donkey Fans are shockers. I'm sure the majority of them are generally pretty good folk. I guess I just find the troublesome ones.. :fist:

Yea its just the vocal minority that ruins it. I think some of them are spoilt for success. Another reason why I think it would have been fun to claim Lang Park as our home. It'd have set some right off and helped breed that Derby tradition.

Cause as Titanic said, there is so much Rugby League tradition there dating back decades and decades. Including the mighty Wests Panthers.

Titanic
04-03-14, 11:18 AM
Including the mighty Wests Panthers.
Gee that must have hurt :eyebrows:

CoastSportsFan
04-03-14, 01:18 PM
I also have a story from the second Titans v Broncos game at Suncorp. I don't have to tell anyone who was there how heartbreaking it was when Lockyer made that field goal to win the game. I decided to take my Titans gear off on the way home on the train just because I wasn't feeling up to the abuse that Broncos fans were probably going to dish out. Sure enough, there was a drunk Broncos fan giving out some really harsh abuse to this guy who was standing on the train in his Titans gear. It was actually pretty disgusting to hear what he had to say. I haven't been back to Suncorp since.

DIEHARD
04-03-14, 01:31 PM
Edited for accuracy.

I also have a story from the second Suns v Lions game at the Gabba. I don't have to tell anyone who was there how heartbreaking it was when Simon Black made that goal to win the game. I decided to take my Suns gear off on the way home on the train just because I wasn't feeling up to the abuse that Lions fans were probably going to dish out. Sure enough, there was a drunk Lions fan giving out some really harsh abuse to this guy who was standing on the train in his Suns gear. It was actually pretty disgusting to hear what he had to say. I haven't been back to the Gabba since.

It doesnt surprise me that you are the type to hide your colours after a loss. Brisbane isn't Belmore. It's tame.

CoastSportsFan
05-03-14, 09:54 AM
Edited for accuracy.

It doesnt surprise me that you are the type to hide your colours after a loss. Brisbane isn't Belmore. It's tame.

And I'm the one who is accused of bringing AFL into every thread?

Perhaps it is tame at Suncorp but I have never lived in NSW so I wouldn't know. I presume you were at the game so you would know how disappointing the finish was for Titans fans. Say what you will about me taking off my scarf on a train ride home (it can get pretty hot in those trains) but I know what I saw on that train from a Broncos fan and I was not impressed to say the least.

Titanic
05-03-14, 11:35 AM
no one would have to worry about it if we'd won which is more to the point

DIEHARD
05-03-14, 12:54 PM
Ah winning.... It solves so many of our problems.

Mexican titan
05-03-14, 01:25 PM
I must have been lucky as I go to Suncorp for all Titans and Manly games and wear Titans or Manly colours. Never had a problem either during or after a game.

DIEHARD
05-03-14, 01:45 PM
I actually find that it isnt Broncos fans but the hangers on who come out of their holes for events and rum.

shamus
05-03-14, 06:54 PM
I must have been lucky as I go to Suncorp for all Titans and Manly games and wear Titans or Manly colours. Never had a problem either during or after a game.

A couple of years ago I went to the double header. Manly/Broncos and Bulldogs/Titans. I had my Manly jersey on for the 1st clash and as soon as the game was over I ripped it off to expose my Titans Jersey. I got a few laughs from behind. I actually had a green collared shirt on under the Titans jersey (as it was a cold night) and some asked did I have a Raiders shirt on under it. :?)