11. Caleb Morehu
12. Jackson Clarke
13. Parahi Wilson
14. Sam Harrold
15. Perry Ioane
16. Jackson Briskey
17. Anthony Coleman
18. Daniel Schwass

*Hazard to have scans on his ankle tomorrow. If he is ruled unfit, Daniel Schwass will slot in to the #7

lonegull
27-02-14, 07:03 AM
this game will also be televised on fox sports (though I would rather be there)

DIEHARD
27-02-14, 08:47 AM
Fortunate to have our first NYC game televised. Just hope we can lift our standard.

Hail Sezer
27-02-14, 09:13 AM
I'll let you guys know the results from Hazards MRI scan this morning.

neranga
27-02-14, 09:49 AM
Hail Sezer your a champion,good luck boys be supporting all the way from nerang!!Fox sport awesome!!

TitanBear
27-02-14, 10:11 AM
Looks a Good 20s Team, good players have missed out, but that only is good with strong competition for positions, yes good luck to the young men v the Sharkies, have worked very hard in off season. mdrew what is your thoughts & comments on players on 1st team selected, Go the Titans :)

mdrew
27-02-14, 11:06 AM
I think that it is a hard working pack, with Morehu being the guy who can do some damage on the fringes of the ruck. Looking forward to seeing Jayden Connors if he can get into open space, he is extremely fast. The key to the side will be the playmaking of Kane Elgey at 5/8. Unfortunately a lot of injuries, but hopefully a good performance, this is similar to the side that played the last trial against the Storm.

TITAN PETE
27-02-14, 11:13 AM
I'll let you guys know the results from Hazards MRI scan this morning.

I spoke with Carty lastnight & he doesn't give Hazard any chance of playing in the opening rounds

papi07
27-02-14, 12:04 PM
Jenan Parrish been named in Burleigh Fogs 20s side for this weekend, along with Daniel Schwass, Sam Grant and Romney Lavea

Hail Sezer
27-02-14, 12:08 PM
Jenan Parrish been named in Burleigh Fogs 20s side for this weekend, along with Daniel Schwass, and Romney Lavea

Yes jenan will be playing for them.

Schwass' s availability for titans 20s is subject to hazards condition. Sounds like he will be playing for our 20s though given what Pete said

DIEHARD
27-02-14, 12:12 PM
How long have they been televising the NYC on Mondays for?

TitanBear
27-02-14, 12:13 PM
I think that it is a hard working pack, with Morehu being the guy who can do some damage on the fringes of the ruck. Looking forward to seeing Jayden Connors if he can get into open space, he is extremely fast. The key to the side will be the playmaking of Kane Elgey at 5/8. Unfortunately a lot of injuries, but hopefully a good performance, this is similar to the side that played the last trial against the Storm.

Thanks for info, Kelly Coleman Elgey Hazard did not play against melbourne, do you know others in team that did not play v Storm

lonegull
27-02-14, 12:49 PM
How long have they been televising the NYC on Mondays for?

From what I can see is that for the first couple of matches of the season the Under 20's is getting a run before the monday night football on TV, hopefully it runs all year but not quiet sure

mdrew
27-02-14, 01:57 PM
Kane played against Melbourne, no others

Thanks for info, Kelly Coleman Elgey Hazard did not play against melbourne, do you know others in team that did not play v Storm

DIEHARD
04-03-14, 02:28 PM
The Holden Cup side to play the Sharks is:

1 – Jayden Connors

2 - Brian Kelly

3 - Jaiden Hawkes

4 - Hayden Schwass

5 - Connor Broadhurst

6 - Kane Elgey

7 - Christian Hazard

8 - Oshea Tuiasau

9 - Deacon Fletcher

10 - Ethan Price

11 - Caleb Morehu

12 – Jackson Clarke

13 - Parahi Wilson

INTERCHANGE

14 - Sam Harold

15 -Perry Ioane

16 - Jackson Briskey- Luscombe

17 - Anthony Colman

18 - Daniel Schwass

Hail Sezer
04-03-14, 03:03 PM
The Holden Cup side to play the Sharks is:

1 – Jayden Connors

2 - Brian Kelly

3 - Jaiden Hawkes

4 - Hayden Schwass

5 - Connor Broadhurst

6 - Kane Elgey

7 - Christian Hazard

8 - Oshea Tuiasau

9 - Deacon Fletcher

10 - Ethan Price

11 - Caleb Morehu

12 – Jackson Clarke

13 - Parahi Wilson

INTERCHANGE

14 - Sam Harold

15 -Perry Ioane

16 - Jackson Briskey- Luscombe

17 - Anthony Colman

18 - Daniel Schwass

Looks similar to the one I posted in the first post ;)

DIEHARD
04-03-14, 03:25 PM
Looks similar to the one I posted in the first post ;)

I ripped it off. Shamlessly.

Hail Sezer
05-03-14, 09:06 AM
I ripped it off. Shamlessly.

Cheeky.

Yo mdrew, who would be your players to watch?

mdrew
05-03-14, 09:56 AM
Jayden Connors, Caleb Morehu and Brian Kelly for me are the three to watch from an attacking point of view, they each have the capacity to make a break every time they touch the ball. For people who like hard workers, you can not go past Deacon Fletcher, Jackson Clarke and Anthony Coleman, who is as good a tackling technique as I have ever seen. Fingers crossed for a good start for the team. I think that supporters will take to Fletcher who is real talent and absolute hard worker.

neranga
05-03-14, 11:30 AM
I hope the boys go well on Monday night,I actually dont like the role Deacon Fletcher is playing.He is by far the best attacking option in the squad and would rather have Sam Harrold start and bring Deacon on after the early exchanges!As for hard workers after watching 2 of the trials Parahi Wilson has been a workhorse must average 40 odd tackles easily.Jayden Connors has done some good things but he has also done some not so good things IMO.Good luck again to the team and all the families of the boys.

Hail Sezer
07-03-14, 05:19 PM
Hazard cleared to play.

TITAN PETE
09-03-14, 09:06 AM
Hazard cleared to play.

Yes he is & we have a very disappointed Danial Schwass....but I am looking forward to watching the Wiz Kid Hazard play

lonegull
09-03-14, 09:25 PM
this game will also be televised on fox sports (though I would rather be there)

Just checked the TV guide and the game is not advertised as it was in the foxtel magazine, looks like there is replays on instead of live NYC, disappointed

DIEHARD
09-03-14, 09:46 PM
It was also listed in the online program guide.

Then again Foxtel were playing Christmas movies at the end of January....

papi07
10-03-14, 05:14 PM
Cronulla lead 22-0 after 26mins

papi07
10-03-14, 05:27 PM
Halftime Cronulla 40 - Titans 0

TITAN PETE
10-03-14, 05:29 PM
Halftime Cronulla 40 - Titans 0

I hope the day improves , there are records to be smashed today & they will all be embarrassing

Coaster
10-03-14, 06:05 PM
Wow. Good effort.

papi07
10-03-14, 06:21 PM
Fulltime -
Cronulla 50 - Titans - 22

DIEHARD
10-03-14, 06:37 PM
Wow. Good effort.

I saw this comment on the activity stream and got excited. I now know the definition of sarcasm. Holy ****. What a demolition job.

TITAN PETE
10-03-14, 11:00 PM
Better 2nd half but the scoreline looks beyond a joke, I will give the boys time to settle in over the next few weeks & hope they can come to turns with the pace of the game after all we did have 10 players making their debuts today & the Sharks had 2..

Tigers were terrible yesterday so next week may be a little better

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 01:25 AM
Sharks.com.au: NYC match report - Round 1

In a sparkling attacking performance the NYC Sharks have kicked off their 2014 season with a 50-22 thumping of the Gold Coast Titans at Remondis Stadium.

In a lopsided first half the Sharks raced to a 40-0 lead and while new coach David Howlett wouldn’t have been thrilled to leak 22 second half points it was still a win all concerned would be satisfied with.

It took less than two minutes for the Sharks to put first points on the board when Josh Addo-Carr finished off a slick backline move and from there the remainder of the first half was somewhat of a procession.

Valentine Holmes was next to score the first of three tries he would score on the night, then in quick succession Jaden Clarke and Dallas Wells and had crossed and with Holmes on target with is goal kicking the Sharks had scored 22 points in even time.

Fa’amanu Brown went over, exploiting some soft Godl Coast defense and after Holmes, then Addo-Carr went over for their second tries it was 40-0 at half time and the result was already beyond doubt despite the fact the match had 40 minutes remaining.

Somewhat understandably with such a large advantage the Sharks took their foot off the pedal in the early moments of the second period and three Gold Coast tries in the first 20 minutes of the half had the score-line at 40-6 but order was restored with a couple of more Sharks tries, one to Holmes, the other to Brown, rounding out the scoring.

The Sharks had a host of good players on the night, with Holmes dangerous at the back, Brown controlling proceedings at the back, with Zane Walford and Patrice Siolo damaging with the football in their hands on the edge of the ruck.

Overall is was a strong performance for up from the Sharks who will hope to build on that result in the weeks ahead.

SHARKS 50
Valentine Holmes 3, Josh Addo-Carr 2, Fa’amanu Brown 2, Jaden Clark, Dallas Wells tries, Holmes 7 goals

beat

GOLD COAST 22

Source: http://www.sharks.com.au

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 01:30 AM
Titans NYC Match Report

The iSelect Titans’ under-20 Holden Cup side did not have the season start new coach Ben Woolf would have liked, going down to the Cronulla Sharks 50-22 at Remondis Stadium in Sydney.

They were on the back foot from the opening minute, conceding a try after 90 seconds down the Sharks’ far left, where a lot of Cronulla’s early play was aimed. The home teams’ scoring parade unfortunately continued for the rest of the first half, with the Sharks leading 4-0 after halt-time after scoring eight tries.

But the young Titans showed plenty of grit in the second half, toughening up in defence and putting on three tries in the first 20 minutes, two scored by winger Brian Kelly and another by lock Parahi Wilson.

That brought the score back to 44-16 with 18 minutes remaining and the coach would have been satisfied with the more physical approach to defence and commitment.

To win the second half 22-10 was a good effort considering how easily the Titans’ line was broken in the first half. At one stage the Titans had scored 22-4 in the first 33 minutes of the second half with two tries to lock Parahi Wilson, who put in a whole-hearted effort all night.

Winger Brian Kelly also scored two tries, but with five minutes remaining very classy Sharks fullback Valentine Holmes scored under the posts and converted, giving him a haul of 26 points from three tries and seven goals.

This is a young side with few players having had Holden Cup experience and they will certainly improve from the experience, especially having to travel to Sydney on a Monday for what was several players’ first game in the competition.

CRONULLA 50 (V. Holmes 3, J. Adda-Carr 2, F. Brown 2, J. Clarke, D. Wells; Holmes 7 goals) beat GOLD COAST iSELECT TITANS 22 (P. Wilson 2, B. Kelly 2 tries; S. Harold 2, C. Broadhurst goals) at Remondis Stadium.

http://www.titans.com.au/