18 Keith Galloway
19 David Nofoaluma

Coach: Mick Potter

DIEHARD
02-03-14, 05:31 PM
http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx118545.jpg

On Sale Soon:
Tue 04 Mar 2014 5:00PM (AEST)

CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0214)

DIEHARD
02-03-14, 05:47 PM
I wonder who thought WHITE HOT SUNDAY was the perfect slogan. When one of the biggest issues with early season scheduling is the extreme heat and exposure to the sun which is very uncomfortable for our supporters.

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 12:27 AM
Match Highlights: Wests Tigers vs Dragons

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=81bf83eab75d4bf3af515695a41e5b38&ec=ttbjMzbDpv-mrrBy1AZLyo3UmpvQeAam"></script>

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 12:29 AM
Meanwhile.... on the Wests Tigers website...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/westslol_zpsc1554f3b.jpg

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 02:58 PM
It's a miracle, tickets can be bought.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titanswestsss_zps86123b2d.jpg (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0214)

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 03:46 PM
Titans coach announces unchanged side for season’s first home game

UPDATE: Titans prop Luke Douglas’ remarkable run of games could be over after he suffered a suspected fractured thumb in his record-breaking game against Cronulla.

Douglas set a new NRL record for the most consecutive games played in his 195th appearance.

But his run of good fortune could be over with the former Sharks prop undergoing scans this afternoon.

The severity of the injury is unknown but Douglas could need surgery which would end his remarkable streak just one game after eclipsing Jason Taylor’s previous record of 194.

Coach John Cartwright today named an unchanged team for Sunday’s first home game of the season against Wests Tigers at Cbus Super Stadium.

If Douglas is ruled out, young prop Ryan James will make his first appearance of the season after missing the Sharks game with a shoulder injury.

EARLIER: Titans coach John Cartwright will name an unchanged side for Sunday’s first home game of the season against Wests Tigers but prop Ryan James is expected to come into the selection fold.

The Titans returned from Sydney this morning after last night’s scrappy 18-12 win over Cronulla without any serious injury concerns.

Lock Ashley Harrison suffered a head knock but played 78 minutes and Cartwright will name the same 18-man squad for the Tigers clash at Cbus Super Stadium.

But James, who sat out the Cronulla game with a shoulder complaint, is a strong chance of making his first NRL appearance of the season.

The emerging prop travelled with the team to Cronulla but the bruising in his shoulder didn’t subside enough for him to play.

If he’s fit this weekend, he could come into the team for Matt White, who made a successful return from a year out because of a knee reconstruction.

Source: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 04:13 PM
Wests Tigers Head Coach Mick Potter has named his side to take on the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium in Round 2 of the 2014 NRL season.

Potter has retained the same starting squad used against the club’s season-opener against St. George Illawarra Dragons last weekend, and spoke of his desire to see a strong improvement across the board from the Round 1 loss.

“We presented [the Dragons] with too many opportunities, and we gave away some silly penalties,” he said. “It was disappointing for us – we need to work on being better defensively and we need to work on being better with our last plays. Our finishes to our sets were poor… we need to get that right.”

Experienced playmaker Braith Anasta will feature alongside young halfback Luke Brooks once more, with Potter throwing his support behind the duo after a poor showing in parts in last weekend’s match.

“They know that they didn’t kick the ball well; they know that, overall, they did some good things early and deteriorated from there,” he said. “Both of them need to left their game, and they want to.”

“They want to do better for the team and I know that they can.”

Potter has named an extended 19-man bench for the match, with Keith Galloway and David Nofoaluma named as 18th and 19th man.

Source: http://www.weststigers.com.au

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 04:14 PM
:ugh:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1234406_10151940741946514_1159553063_n.jpg

mmmmmMMMMMmeeeeeeEeeeeooooOOoOOOOWWWWWW

DIEHARD
11-03-14, 06:26 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/wests_zps0e82b8af.jpg

1 James Tedesco
2 Marika Koroibete
3 Keith Lulia
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Braith Anasta
7 Luke Brooks
8 Aaron Woods
9 Robbie Farah
10 Martin Taupau
11 Liam Fulton
12 Bodene Thompson
13 Adam Blair

14 Cory Paterson
15 Ava Seumanu***ai
16 Sauaso Sue
17 James Gavet
18 Keith Galloway
19 David Nofoaluma

Coach: Mick Potter

karnage
11-03-14, 06:46 PM
Matt White looking like the guy most likely to make way for Ryan James - as much as I want James in there I don't know how White can miss out based on the trial form and the way he played last night. He was better than Bailey and Harro and even Douglas.

Skyfire
11-03-14, 06:51 PM
Matt White looking like the guy most likely to make way for Ryan James - as much as I want James in there I don't know how White can miss out based on the trial form and the way he played last night. He was better than Bailey and Harro and even Douglas.

So much cronyism in our club.

DavidBouveng
11-03-14, 07:00 PM
our team is like a fruit shop with bad rotation. Last in First out.

Dave Taylor, Ridge, James and newer guys get little time to fit in before getting dropped to Q cup, older guys who have been here for a while get waaayy too much leeway for poor performance.

Im not advocating zero loyalty, but accountability is important.

Hail Sezer
11-03-14, 07:28 PM
our team is like a fruit shop with bad rotation. Last in First out.

Dave Taylor, Ridge, James and newer guys get little time to fit in before getting dropped to Q cup, older guys who have been here for a while get waaayy too much leeway for poor performance.

Im not advocating zero loyalty, but accountability is important.

Good post. So true.

Mexican titan
11-03-14, 07:47 PM
I wonder who thought WHITE HOT SUNDAY was the perfect slogan. When one of the biggest issues with early season scheduling is the extreme heat and exposure to the sun which is very uncomfortable for our supporters.

I have already said my bit about this stupid bit of scheduling. What gets me is that nothing was learned from this mistake of the past couple of years. The temp predicted for Sunday is 32.

teke
11-03-14, 09:17 PM
I'll deadset spew if white misses out

Titanic
12-03-14, 12:45 AM
Absolutely right … Minichiello must go and take Harrison with him … James comes in, Ridge comes and Takairangi should out one of the outside backs. I don't care which of Tighe or Blair at this stage and I'm back on Gordon watch as he balances good touches with poor reads. Pity we just can't KFFL into the picture and Zillman out too … he was courageous but bloody woeful.

thelwall
12-03-14, 12:57 PM
Nrl.com in one of there posts says Harrison is out to mid season confused ???

teke
12-03-14, 12:58 PM
Id have Ioane before ridge.

Taka could put Tighe back over to the right side. No one missed How many times Blair could have set his winger up. If it was Jamie Lyon the game could have been over in the first half. But all in all I agree with everyone that those certain players should be enjoying retirement

Surfers66
12-03-14, 01:51 PM
Absolutely right … Minichiello must go and take Harrison with him … James comes in, Ridge comes and Takairangi should out one of the outside backs. I don't care which of Tighe or Blair at this stage and I'm back on Gordon watch as he balances good touches with poor reads. Pity we just can't KFFL into the picture and Zillman out too … he was courageous but bloody woeful.

AMEN!!!

Surfers66
12-03-14, 01:54 PM
Also wouldnt mind Harrison getting some mongrel about him.
A good start would be a sleave tattoo, socks down, new hair cut and maybe a punch on in the next game.
If he does all that he can stay.

TITAN PETE
12-03-14, 02:23 PM

Couldn't happen he was almost the best forward on the Park Monday night, i think he was responsible for Breaking Gallen too:eyebrows:

titanfan1980
12-03-14, 03:30 PM
Couldn't happen he was almost the best forward on the Park Monday night, i think he was responsible for Breaking Gallen too:eyebrows:

Don't worry I've got the inside word, Ryan James will be playing for tweed heads this weekend.. My response was something like this hahahahahaha Cartwright is off his Head! Turns down more money from Sydney clubs to remain loyal to the titans so what do we do? Drop him to q cup and any arguement it's for fitness Nate Myles barley did any preseason were as Ryan James was one of the fittest.. And nates runs on moday proved it.

TITAN PETE
12-03-14, 03:31 PM
Titans v Wests Tigers preview
By Tony Webeck, Chief Queensland Correspondent
NRL.com
4:17pm Wed 12th March, 2014

Titans v Wests Tigers
Cbus Super Stadium
Sunday 2pm (AEST)

Given, we have only seen them play once, but how do you draw a line between these two teams after their respective performances from Round 1?

The Tigers’ defence in the second half of their 44-24 loss to the Dragons suggests they spent too much time on ball-work during the pre-season, while on Monday night the Titans’ attack coughed and spluttered more often than a two-stroke scooter.

Due largely to the spark from fullback James Tedesco, the Tigers' attack looked positively breathtaking in the opening 20 minutes, yet the Titans were able to stand toe-to-toe with an injury-ravaged Sharks outfit and limp out of Remondis Stadium with the two competition points.

Every team will tell you that if you can get your defensive house in order for the opening month of the premiership the attack will soon follow, so Wests Tigers coach Mick Potter faces a far-too-early patch-up job on his side's work in defence.

Despite scoring three tries inside the opening 18 minutes of the game, the Tigers proceeded to concede five tries between the 23rd and 64th minute marks, making the second-worst attack in the competition in 2013 look like the Harlem Globetrotters.

John Cartwright's Titans face an easier task in rectifying a disjointed attack that admittedly performed in much the same way as many of the other teams in Round 1. If not for some individual brilliance from Albert Kelly they may have struggled to post many points at all but at least they line up for Round 2 knowing the defensive structures are holding firm.

Watch Out Titans: James Tedesco had played in the grand total of four NRL games when he was selected to represent City Origin in 2013 and in the first of those games he had lasted just 30 minutes.

The rugby league world empathised with a 19-year-old who had his NRL dream temporarily snatched away by an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury but two years on and 'Teddy' looks set to fulfil all that promise and more.

He wowed the massive crowds at Eden Park with his blistering speed in the Auckland Nines and when he laid on the opening Tigers try for Pat Richards and then punished Brett Morris for a dropped ball with a 60-metre scything run through the middle of the field to score one of his own all inside the first 10 minutes, City selectors started pencilling his name down again at the top of their team sheet.

He scored eight tries in 19 appearances in 2013 but it appears that two years on from his crushing knee injury and with an unforgettable experience playing for Italy in the World Cup, confidence has been fully restored, which should send alarm bells to any NRL team struggling to keep pace with the new rule interpretations.

Watch Out Wests Tigers: He may have had a misbehaving vein in his foot during the pre-season but the fast feet and even sharper football brain of Albert Kelly proved all the difference in the Titans' Round 1 win.

Although there were a couple of air-swings on other attempted intercepts – including a gaping hole he left for Tinirau Arona to score the opening try of the game – Kelly's snaffling of an Isaac De Gois pass from dummy-half close to the Titans' line that led to a 95m runaway try gave his side a 10-6 advantage at the break.

Less than two minutes into the second half he was denied a try by the video referee, who overturned the decision of the on-field officials, and when the game was there to be won with the scores locked together at 12-all with 10 minutes remaining, he threaded a grubber kick through the Sharks defence for William Zillman to pounce on and score.

With a tough, uncompromising pack of forwards and a five-eighth in Aidan Sezer who is the epitome of cool under pressure, Kelly provides the x-factor that can turn a game on its head in the blink of an eye.

Plays To Watch: Both teams used the sweeping play out the back on numerous occasions in their respective games but the speed of Tedesco made the Tigers look more dangerous; the Titans will need to communicate clearly in defence to ensure they aren't cut short.

Robbie Farah's pet play – the burrow from close to the line – delivered four points for the Wests Tigers yet again, while Beau Falloon's attempt to emulate the feat for the Titans was brought undone by a slight bobble as he tried to plant the ball under the posts.

Dave Taylor showed remarkable restraint with his offloads but if the Tigers start to look shabby on the edges you can expect the big bloke will be asking plenty of difficult questions.

Where It Will Be Won: With a rookie halfback in Luke Brooks much of the Tigers attack will come of the back of Robbie Farah's work at dummy-half. If his forwards can roll through the middle and give him time and space to play with, the Tigers dangerous outside backs will soon come into their own and Brooks will have the opportunity to showcase his full array of skills.

The Titans showed on Monday night that despite being domiciled on the glitter strip they have no fear of winning ugly, so if they can win that battle in the middle of the ruck they should have the patience and experience to finish over the top of the Tigers.

The History: Played 11; Titans 6, Tigers 5. Since the Titans' introduction in 2007 the clashes between these two sides have been fairly evenly split, with no side winning more than two games in succession. The Titans were convincing 36-6 winners when they last met the Tigers on the Gold Coast in Round 21 last year but in 2012 it was a Robbie Farah field goal that gave the Tigers a 15-14 win away from home. It was their second success on the Gold Coast in seven attempts.

Match Officials: Referees - Gerard Sutton & Dave Munro; Sideline Officials - Steve Carrall & Peter Gough; Video Referees - Bernard Sutton & Andrew Dunemann.

Televised: Channel Nine – Delayed 4pm.

The Way We See It: Although they both have plenty to work on, there's something appealing about a side that shows grit in defence and can grind out a win.

Expect the Tigers to throw plenty at the Titans early – and perhaps even score the first try of the game – but cool heads should prevail. An expected top of 31 degrees on Sunday and 2pm kick-off will also ensure there's plenty of heat on the Tigers’ defence. Titans by 10 points.

TITAN PETE
12-03-14, 03:34 PM
Don't worry I've got the inside word, Ryan James will be playing for tweed heads this weekend.. My response was something like this hahahahahaha Cartwright is off his Head! Turns down more money from Sydney clubs to remain loyal to the titans so what do we do? Drop him to q cup and any arguement it's for fitness Nate Myles barley did any preseason were as Ryan James was one of the fittest.. And nates runs on moday proved it.

A bit hard to drop one of your Captains but James should be the 2nd forward selected behind Bird & ahead of Harro & Minni everyday of the week..

titanfan1980
12-03-14, 03:42 PM
A bit hard to drop one of your Captains but James should be the 2nd forward selected behind Bird & ahead of Harro & Minni everyday of the week..

Sorry I'm not saying we should drop nate (I think he should be back row) I was more meaning the reason Ryan has been dropped is because of "match fitness" when we all know he was one of our fittest all pre season, and Nate was injured and played no trial.. If I had my way is drop harro and mini and bring in James and ridge

Titanic
12-03-14, 04:11 PM
Yep '80 James should get the jersey and Myles should be in the back row but then again we should also have a coach instead of two halfsies … geez they peeve me.

DavidBouveng
12-03-14, 08:59 PM

i agree with you about FFL. i think Gordon had a good last half of 2013, but his reads are not good, and the way the game is these days, most sides have got big menacing wingers who can run over multiple opponents and score or set up a try. Kev basically only scores from kicks or with a clear passage to the line. We need every possible way to the try line available.

werent too fussed with the centres, i like taka, he offers something, but im happy to give these guys a bit longer.

forwards are another story altogether...

gothabull
12-03-14, 11:11 PM
Very disappointing to watch the first game of the year and just looked so dysfunctional we are bottom 8 for sure if we play like that our attack was pathetic on the line only cause of **** coaching our kicking was poor too giving up a 7 tackles one after the other on a positive we still have great talent in players I hope they hang in there alby is a magician just needs to calm down Fallon carter was excellent too I thought but looks like there's a lot of running to the try line that needs working out coach!

C-Whiz
13-03-14, 08:17 AM
We should get a real chance to put some finishing touches to our attacking structures this game, and we know our defence will hold up. Heat/fatigue will be the biggest danger IMO. I'd suggest the youngest/fittest squad. Will be interesting to see how Coaltrain handles lugging his big frame around. For the record, I think he will be the difference between us making finals or missing the 8. His attitude and fitness. And Ryan James coming back into the squad and making damaging runs.

Alby rushing out of the line is such a 50/50 that it is hard to know whether it is a good thing or a bad idea.... so exciting when he makes it happen, but so dangerous to the defensive line when he misses. Thoughts?

TITAN PETE
13-03-14, 11:50 AM
We should get a real chance to put some finishing touches to our attacking structures this game, and we know our defence will hold up. Heat/fatigue will be the biggest danger IMO. I'd suggest the youngest/fittest squad. Will be interesting to see how Coaltrain handles lugging his big frame around. For the record, I think he will be the difference between us making finals or missing the 8. His attitude and fitness. And Ryan James coming back into the squad and making damaging runs.

Alby rushing out of the line is such a 50/50 that it is hard to know whether it is a good thing or a bad idea.... so exciting when he makes it happen, but so dangerous to the defensive line when he misses. Thoughts?

I think Alby is the one standout shinning light in the squad atm for taking a punt on himself when he thinks theres something on , last Monday if he missed the intercept Graham strolls over for the try & the Sharks win but thats what makes him so exciting with his unpredictability & he's one of the very few halves that has a chip n chase in his bag of tricks, he will bring the crowds back with that style of play :thumbsup:

CoastSportsFan
13-03-14, 12:30 PM
How many people on this forum are heading to this game? I'll be there :)

TITAN FAN
13-03-14, 01:08 PM
I agree with most of the comments
I thought the centres were pretty ordinary, Kelly, Bird were on fire, Falloon was also impressive given limited preparation, Taylor looked dangerous at times and should improve
Overall a pretty ordinary attacking performance I was hoping the 2nd in charge had worked on this during the pre season
Our attack is so predictable and easily read and defended by the opposition

Mr Stupid
13-03-14, 01:27 PM
I think Alby is the one standout shinning light in the squad atm for taking a punt on himself when he thinks theres something on , last Monday if he missed the intercept Graham strolls over for the try & the Sharks win but thats what makes him so exciting with his unpredictability & he's one of the very few halves that has a chip n chase in his bag of tricks, he will bring the crowds back with that style of play :thumbsup:

Precisely. Sharks first try came about with Alby sliding off the tackle with his right arm raised looking for the intercept and being sold a dummy. He merely evened up the ledger with his own try. Gotta love him though.

Bayside Titan
13-03-14, 01:35 PM
I'm going. Hoping for a big win. Just my kids sit still long enough. ;-)

DIEHARD
13-03-14, 02:40 PM
Speed returns for Tedesco after old knee injury

WESTS Tigers speedster James Tedesco has not timed himself over 100 metres for a long time.

"I had a lot of speed as a kid but, when I did my knee, I lost that a bit," Tedesco said.

"It took a while to get back to 100 per cent. I feel at the moment that I'm back to 100 per cent and feeling good.

"I'm about 94 (kilograms) at the moment. It certainly was a goal to put on weight, but to keep my fitness and speed. I'm feeling at my peak."

The evidence was there for all to see at the Auckland Nines last month and again as the Tigers opened their season against St George Illawarra at ANZ Stadium last weekend.

Tedesco was outstanding on both occasions, showcasing the speed and guile which had him earmarked as a future star before he was struck down by a knee injury only 30 minutes into his first-grade debut in 2012.

Even though he returned last season, the blazing speed was still missing. The turning point was the World Cup at the end of last year, when he played in the Italian side alongside Sydney Roosters veteran Anthony Minichiello.

"Last year I was thinking about it quite a bit," he said.

"People told me it would take 12 to 18 months to get over an injury like that. To do it the way I did - just returning the ball like I do every game - it plays on your mind a bit.

"I took a lot of confidence out of the World Cup. I had a great experience over there. It was awesome, especially working with a bloke like Anthony Minichiello.

"To learn off someone who is such a great player and such a great bloke was awesome for me. He was our captain but he was also our coach.

"He had a lot to say with our game plan and gave us a lot of encouragement and advice, especially to me. Any fullback tips he gave me I listened carefully."

Tedesco, off contract at the end of the year, is one of the reasons Tigers officials and supporters can afford to look ahead with such optimism.

"Since I've been here we've had some pretty poor years," he said.

"Some of the older blokes have told me that this is the hardest period that they've been through at the club. They are saying it's all up from here and can only get better.

"That's encouraging for us younger guys. We all know that we're young and still have a way to go, but the more we play together and the more first-grade games we play will be beneficial for us and the club.

"Guys like Mitchell Moses, Luke Brooks, Manaia Cherrington, Kurtis Rowe - we have a lot of young guys coming through. It's good that we're all close mates.

"It's good to see us all coming through at the same time and if we get to play with each other one day, it will be awesome."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/nrl/

CoastSportsFan
13-03-14, 02:51 PM
I'm going. Hoping for a big win. Just my kids sit still long enough. ;-)

The young ones certainly can be a handful when going to a game. Would be awesome to start the season 2-0.

DIEHARD
13-03-14, 02:57 PM
NRL Round 2 Preview: Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers

What: NRL round 2
Who: Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
When: Sunday, March 16 – 2pm (AEDT)
Where: Cbus Super Stadium
I can watch it on: Channel 9

Things you need to know:
Ironman Gold Coast prop Luke Douglas is battling to play after suffering a thumb injury in Monday night's 18-12 win over Cronulla. Ironically, Douglas only broke Jason Taylor's record of 194-consecutive games in the season-opener. X-Rays have cleared the prop of a fracture but he have further scans and treatment through the week to prove his fitness. Ryan James is 18th man and would come into the side if Douglas misses out. Tigers coach Mick Potter has stuck faith with the same side who were crushed 44-24 by the Dragons in the season-opener. Despite a nasty concussion in round one, Liam Fulton has been named in the back-row but he will be monitored during the week. Keith Galloway and David Nofoaluma are on a six-man bench.

Reason to watch:
Standing at 188cms and weighing 121kg you can't miss Titans back-rower David Taylor. The Mercurial forward has the ability to terrorise opposition defences with his power and skill. Consistency has been his major issue over the last few seasons but he showed a lot more maturity in the season-opener against the Sharks. You should always expect the unexpected when it comes to the 25-year-old and he could have a field day against a Tigers defence that had plenty of holes in it last weekend. It will also be interesting to see if warhorse Luke Douglas lines up. The prop broke the record for consecutive matches last weekend (195) but suffered a thumb injury and is in severe doubt to play.

Reason to turn away:
A problem with playing matches in Queensland so early in the season in the middle of the afternoon is that temperatures are still quite high. It's forecasted to be 31 degrees come kick off on Sunday and the heat and humidity can often ruin the spectacle in the early rounds. Most players are still trying to find their match fitness and will fatigue much quicker which ultimately leads to more mistakes and less appealing football.

Say what:
"It'll be good to get back up there but when it's all said and done, the business is on the field. I'll be trying to do the best that I can for the club and for myself. It'll be good to catch up with a few faces after the game and all that, but hopefully it'll be good to get the job done first." – Former Titans, now Tigers, back-rower Bodene Thompson

Final word:
Performances in the opening round aren't always a gauge of how a side will travel for that season but it already looks like being an arduous campaign for the Tigers. They went with the Dragons for a good hour but were then blown away in the final 20 minutes by a side many predict will get the wooden spoon. On the other hand, the Titans showed the type of grit and resilience needed to be successful. If they can get their lightning-quick backline more into the game, they should have too much quality for the visitors. Titans by 14

Sportingbet odds:
Titans: $1.31
Tigers: $3.55

http://www.sportal.com.au/

Titan68
13-03-14, 02:59 PM
How many people on this forum are heading to this game? I'll be there :)

Count me in , even bringing the wife. kids staying at home with grandparents. Flying out of Newcastle Saturday morning. GO THE TITANS LETS MAKE IT 2-0

Hail Sezer
13-03-14, 03:17 PM
looking forward to this game. I'm very concerned with our lack of attacking structure but the tigers didn't look very strong defensively last week so I'm hoping that gamebreakers like DT/Alby can cause them some issues.

I always enjoy our games against the tigers. From Rankins dropped ball in golden point 2012 to the attack orientated game last year which was really Benji's demise. They're always entertaining affairs.

DIEHARD
13-03-14, 03:41 PM
I always enjoy our games against the tigers. From Rankins dropped ball in golden point 2012 to the attack orientated game last year which was really Benji's demise. They're always entertaining affairs.

I agree, Ive always wanted to attend a WESTS TIGERS v TITANS away game as well.

DIEHARD
13-03-14, 04:10 PM
Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers
Cbus Super Stadium
Sunday, March 16 2:00pm Kickoff

Cbus Super Stadium will host live NRL action for the first time in 2014 when the Gold Coast Titans clash with the Wests Tigers this Sunday afternoon.

The Titans will be looking to carry their Round 1 form into this weekend’s game against Wests Tigers and make it a perfect start to their 2014 season. With Co-Captains Greg Bird and Nate Myles leading the Titans forward pack and young guns Albert Kelly and Aiden Sezer in the halves, this game is shaping as a Round 2 blockbuster full of attacking Rugby League.

This weekend only, kids go free with a paying adult in the Eastern Grandstand.

Show your support for the Titans and secure your tickets now from ticketek.com.au (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0214)!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/buy_zpsa586adff.jpg (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0214)

Source: http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
13-03-14, 06:15 PM
Titans v Tigers

Cbus Super Stadium, Robina, Sunday 3pm (AEDT)

Last meeting: Titans 36 bt Tigers 6 at Skilled Park, round 21, 2013

Head-to-head: Titans 6, Tigers 5

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Dave Munro

TV: Delay, Channel 9 (4pm)

Betfair: Titans $1.33, Wests Tigers $3.50

Ladbrokes: Titans $1.30, Wests Tigers $3.60

Michael Chammas writes: It's hard to see the Tigers winning many games this year. They have got plenty of young talent in their side, but there is not enough quality around them to see them challenge many sides. The Titans have one of the best forward packs in the competition and an underrated halves combination in Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer that is developing into one of the best in the NRL.

Tip: Titans by 18

AAP writes: These two teams enter this clash with contrasting round one fortunes. Despite a promising start against the Dragons, the Tigers faded late to be hammered 44-24. The Titans on the other hand came home strong over the Sharks to hold on for a gritty 18-12 away win. Titans prop Luke Douglas' record-breaking streak of 195 consecutive game may come to to an end just one match after claiming the record. He's in doubt with a thumb injury and Ryan James on standby to come into the 17. For the Tigers prop Keith Galloway and winger David Nofoaluma have been added to an extended bench.

Key: Gold Coast blew a lot of try-scoring opportunities in their narrow last-start win over Cronulla and can't afford a repeat. Wests Tigers generally find the road trip to Gold Coast tough work and their young players need to quickly find a way to stay in the game for 80 minutes.

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Brad Tighe, Maurice Blair, David Mead, Aidan Sezer, Albert Kelly, Luke Douglas, Beau Falloon, Nate Myles (capt), Greg Bird (capt), David Taylor, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: Matthew White, Luke Bailey, Mark Minichiello, Paul Carter, Ryan James (one to be omitted).

TIGERS: James Tedesco, Marika Koroibete, Marika Koroibete, Chris Lawrence, Pat Richards, Braith Anasta, Luke Brooks, Aaron Woods, Robbie Farah, Martin Taupau, Liam Fulton, Bodene Thompson, Adam Blair. Interchange: Cory Paterson, Ava Seumanu***ai, Sauaso Sue, James Gavet, Keith Galloway, David Nofoaluma (two to be omitted).

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-preview/titans-v-tigers-20140313-hvi9z.html#ixzz2vpQC5hCK

lonegull
13-03-14, 07:38 PM
I am heading up for this one, can't wait

Mexican titan
13-03-14, 07:45 PM
I'll be there with the family. As challenging as it is to watch them most of the time I think the team should be supported through good and bad. Hopefully soon there will be more good than bad.

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 04:29 AM
I don’t listen to the hype: Brooks

Wests Tigers young gun Luke Brooks says he has shunned the media in the lead-up to his first full season in the NRL.

The promising halfback says he isn’t listening to the hype or those who have tagged him the NRL’s ‘Next Big Thing’.

“The big thing I have learned in the lead-up to this season is probably just not to listen to the media when they are talking about me and to not get too far ahead of myself,” Brooks said on Thursday.

“I just try and stay away from it.

“I’m just concentrating on playing football.

“And out on the field I don’t feel that pressure.

“Once I am out there it comes naturally, the boys are helping me out.

“(That hype)it is not something I am worried about.”

Brooks enjoyed a stunning debut in the Tigers’ late season win over St George Illawarra last year but struggled against the same opposition on Sunday in the Dragons’ 44-24 first round win.

“I found it pretty tough but it was really enjoyable it was good to get out there to learn a few things and get the experience,” Brooks said.

“We have been working a lot on our defence and last tackle options because we really struggled there.

“Hopefully we can turn it around this week.”

Brooks’ halves partner Braith Anasta said the loss to the Dragons would form part of a steep learning curve for the youngster.

“He is going to learn every game but we have to help him every game and we probably didn’t help him enough on the weekend, especially with the kicking game,” Anasta said.

“You have to get confidence in first grade. It is only one performance away. It is only one week away.

“You don’t dwell on it. You come out this week and have a blinder, score a try, put on a good kicking game, set up a couple, all of a sudden you are back where you were on top of the world again.”

The Tigers face first-up winners the Gold Coast away on Sunday.

Prop Keith Galloway (toe) and winger David Nofoaluma (hamstring) have been added to an extended bench but remain 50/50 propositions.

The Roar

TITAN PETE
14-03-14, 10:28 AM
Late Mail for round 2
Titans v Wests Tigers

Titans: Ironman Luke Douglas looks set to extend his 195-game streak despite a thumb injury, while David Mead (jaw), Ashley Harrison (concussion) and Mark Minichiello (knee) should all play. Prop Ryan James will drop out, but make his comeback for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup.

Wests Tigers: Final fitness tests loom tomorrow for Keith Galloway (toe), David Nofoaluma (hamstring) and Liam Fulton, who is unlikely to play due to concussion. Bodene Thompson will play in the back-row with a finger splint. Flyer Tim Simona has been mentioned as a late smoky.

C-Whiz
14-03-14, 03:43 PM
How many people on this forum are heading to this game? I'll be there :)Yes mate, I'll be there with the family. Wanna catch up for a beer?

I agree with most of the comments
I thought the centres were pretty ordinary, Kelly, Bird were on fire, Falloon was also impressive given limited preparation, Taylor looked dangerous at times and should improve
Overall a pretty ordinary attacking performance I was hoping the 2nd in charge had worked on this during the pre season
Our attack is so predictable and easily read and defended by the opposition

Precisely. Sharks first try came about with Alby sliding off the tackle with his right arm raised looking for the intercept and being sold a dummy. He merely evened up the ledger with his own try. Gotta love him though.

Indeed, he will bring the crowds back. My man-love/bromance with Presto is no secret to long time forum readers, and I see similar reads and choices from Alby, in a better defensive package than Presto, so I am happy to see him bring back some flair to a previously rather ordinary attacking outfit. I just hope at the very least he keeps the ledger balanced. If he is allowed to keep coming out of the line then I guess our defensive line will learn/train to compress and cover the gap.

He is friggin' quick though, especially off the mark, but maintained it end to end last week!!

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 03:46 PM
Speaking of your affection for Presto, I still have your HEY PRESTO banner that he signed. I'm pretty sure I didn't give it back already.

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 04:52 PM
Seven tackles make Tigers over-thinkers

Listen up all you halfbacks out there, because we're about to solve this seven-tackle conundrum once and for all, just in time for Members Round

Think about this: If you think you're over-thinking things out there, then we think that you are.

Did that make sense? Did you get it? Still thinking about it? Or are you still metaphorically standing on that 20m line or wherever else you kicked it dead from, wondering how the hell the other team is now in your red zone?

It doesn't matter if you're shrivelling like Braith Anasta or teething like Luke Brooks, the Tigers have just figured out that the new rules aren't designed to make you the next Russian chess-master.

In case you missed the pre-season memo, according to the brains trust at Concord seven tackles means you're going to have to start looking at what's in front of you instead of what's in that playbook of yours.

In other words: Plaaaaay ball!

"It [the new rules] does affect your kicking game. I think at the start of the season [more so] because you are thinking about not putting it dead, because you get seven tackles," Anasta said, having emphatically learnt that lesson last weekend.

"There's no doubt myself and Brooksy spoke about it after the game, we just need to eliminate the thought process there. Stick to our usual game plan and not worry too much about the new rules in terms of kicking it dead, because it can put you off your kicking game. I think it did that to us to a certain degree on the weekend."

Normally composed Tigers coach Mick Potter was livid with his team's last-tackle options in their 44-24 drubbing at the previously toothless Dragons.

They had raced out to a 12-0 lead, only to let the opposition back into the game with a comedy of try attempts that mainly resulted in the other team getting a free ride up the field.

"Because of the new rules, you need to get your fifth-tackle options right because you've got to try and get that ball back and you can't give away easy possession," Anasta said.

"That's what we did too often. In particular the second half, I don't think we had one good fifth-tackle option. Myself, Robbie [Farah] and [Luke] Brooksy, we've been working hard on that already this week. It wasn't acceptable and we'll make sure it's better this weekend."

Anasta, 32, treated last week's deflating loss like the 15-year pro from Old Bar that he is.

"We thought it was a hell of a lot worse after the game than what it really was," he said, insisting that many of their problems were "fixable".

"We put pressure on ourselves. There's no doubt that we gave too many penalties away and our fifth-tackle options were poor. We put too much pressure on our defence really and we couldn't hold out any longer.

"It's fixable. We've worked hard on our fifth-tackle options this week and obviously with the new rule changes, we've got to get used to the defence and making sure we don't give teams piggy-backs and it just puts pressure on your defence and you lose momentum in games.

"That's what happened to us when we got to the lead, we got a few penalties against us and momentum completely shifted."

The trick will be to teach his teenaged halfback that lesson too, because chances are he's over-thinking the fact that he's not supposed to think about what happened seven days ago.

"Brooksy's gonna learn every game. We've got to help him and we probably didn't help him enough on the weekend, in particular myself, especially with our kicking game," Anasta said.

"You gotta get confidence in first-grade. It's only one performance away and one week away.

"That's all we've pretty much said [to him]: 'Don't dwell on it mate, come out and have a big game this week, have a blinder, have a good kicking game, score a try or two, set up a couple and all of a sudden you're back to where you were and you're on top of the world'.

"Things change very quickly.

http://www.nrl.com/seven-tackles-make-tigers-over-thinkers/tabid/10874/newsid/76787/default.aspx

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 05:40 PM
Match Preview: Wests Tigers vs. Titans
Source: http://www.weststigers.com.au

http://wa1.www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2014/03/14/match_preview_wests_tigers_vs_titans/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1394768697726.jpg

The Wests Tigers will look to bounce back this week from a disappointing performance in Round 1 when they take on the Gold Coast Titans this weekend.

The visitors were beaten 44-24 by the Dragons in their opening game of the year, and will be out to turn that form around when they come up against a Titans’ side fresh off an away victory against the Cronulla Sharks at Remondis Stadium last Monday.

Read on for a full preview of the match including all the need-to-know match information, TV and live stream details as well as full match analysis.

Match Details

Date — Sunday, March 16, 2014

Time — 3:00pm AEDT (2:00pm local time)

Venue — Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast

TV and Live Stream Details

Channel 9 will show the game on a one-hour delay (commencing at 4pm AEST).

Live streaming is available via the NRL’s Digital Pass (see: digitalpassnrl.com), but will be on a one-hour delay for this game due to broadcasting rights.

For members making the trip up the Gold Coast, we’re also running an exclusive function on Saturday night that is free for members — click here for more details on that function.
Confirmed Squads

Wests Tigers

1. James Tedesco 2. Marika Koroibete 3. Keith Lulia 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Pat Richards 6. Braith Anasta 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. Martin Taupau 11. Liam Fulton 12. Bodene Thompson 13. Adam Blair (Interchange: 14. Cory Paterson 15. Ava Seumanu***ai 16. Sauaso Sue 17. James Gavet 18. Keith Galloway 19. David Nofoaluma).

Gold Coast Titans
1. William Zillman 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Brad Tighe 4. Maurice Blair 5. David Mead 6. Aiden Sezer 7. Albert Kelly 8. Luke Douglas 9. Beau Falloon 10. Nate Myles 11. Greg Bird 12. David Taylor 13. Ashley Harrison (Interchange: 14. Matthew White 15. Luke Bailey 16. Mark Minichiello 17. Paul Carter 18. Ryan James).

Match History: Played 11, Wests Tigers won 5, Gold Coast Titans won 6

Round 21: Gold Coast Titans 36 def. Wests Tigers 6

The two teams only met once last year, and it was the Titans that emerged with a strong 30-point victory on the night. Jamie Dowling's early try was cancelled out soon after by Liam Fulton's effort in the 9th minute, but tries to David Mead, Brad Takairangi, Dave Taylor, Mark Minichiello and Luke O'Dwyer saw the hosts finish with a 30-point win in the end.

Check out this week's key matchups including James Tedesco, William Zillman and more!
Key Players to Watch

James Tedesco, Wests Tigers

Tedesco is coming off a very strong pre-season campaign and showed that form again in the Club’s R1 loss against the Dragons — breaking the hosts apart in the first half with a scintillating 60m try. The fullback has been featuring dominantly in the Club’s attacking moves this season and looks set to play a key role again this week — both hitting a hole as well as releasing his fellow outside backs also.

Albert Kelly, Gold Coast Titans

Kelly’s man-of-the-match performance against the Sharks needs no further praise — such was the raw speed and dominance he showed in the middle. He’ll again be the key man to watch for this weekend, with a strong running game and ability to find space in behind the line both dangers to watch for. However, it’s also worth noting that while Kelly pulled off a 95m intercept try in defense, he was also caught out on more than one occasion in defense. The halfback’s willingness to jump out of the line saw two tries for the Sharks’ attack, which could be something to watch out for again this weekend.

Luke Brooks, Wests Tigers

Playing in just his second first-grade game, Brooks saw plenty of attention in attack and defense against the Dragons and for the most part, handled the extra traffic well. The halfback will be determined to have more of an impact on the game by displaying his strong kicking game — something he spoke about heavily this weekend — and will be looking to ensure he sticks all of his tackle attempts. Brooks will mature with every game he spends on the field, and with experienced heads around him such as Braith Anasta and Robbie Farah, will certainly be a danger-man to watch for here.

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 05:41 PM
Compliments of http://www.weststigers.com.au

http://wa1.www.weststigers.com.au/content/tigers/club/news/2014/03/14/key_match_ups_wests_tigers_v_titans/_jcr_content/par/contentBlock/par/image.img.jpg/1394772429274.jpg

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 05:42 PM
MATCH UPS FROM http://www.weststigers.com.au

HEAD TO HEAD: Played 11 - Gold Coast 6, Wests Tigers 5

AT CBUS SUPER STADIUM: Played 6 – Gold Coast 4, Wests Tigers 2

LAST TIME: 2013 - Gold Coast 36 defeated Wests Tigers 6 at Skilled Park.

BIGGEST HEAD TO HEAD WINS: Gold Coast 36 defeated Wests Tigers 6 at Skilled Park, 2013.

Wests Tigers 39 defeated Gold Coast 10 at Campbelltown Sports Stadium, 2011.

James Tedesco v William Zillman

Two of the NRL’s most exciting fullbacks will do battle this Sunday at Cbus Super Stadium with James Tedesco and William Zillman pulling on the number 1 jersey for their respective teams.

After lighting up the field with blistering pace during the pre-season trials and the NRL Auckland Nines tournament, Tedesco was a shining light in an otherwise disappointing season opener against the Dragons. The Italian international scooped up a loose ball on halfway and took advantage of the broken play as he sped away for a try in the 9th minute. After a tough run of injuries during his first two seasons of the NRL, Tedesco looks to be at full fitness and is a danger man in attack.

Heavily involved during last weekend’s 18-12 win over Cronulla, Zillman scored the match-winner in the 71st minute off an Albert Kelly grubber. The former Raider needs just two four-pointers to notch up his 50th career try. Zillman topped the Gold Coast’s line-break tally last season with an impressive 16 in 16 games and will have to be watched closely by Wests Tigers’ defenders.

Pat Richards v Kevin Gordon

The sharp-shooting veteran Pat Richards marks up against Kevin ‘Flash’ Gordon in an exciting battle on the wing at Cbus Super Stadium.

Richards will amazingly play the Gold Coast Titans for the first time in his lengthy career this Sunday after returning from a successful eight-year stint in Super League. His return started with a bang last week against the Dragons as the 32-year-old crossed for the first try of the game. While the end result was a disappointing one, the goal kicking (four from four attempts) and towering kick-offs from Richards were a positive outtake for Wests Tigers Members.

Scoring 15 tries in 22 games last season, Gordon established has himself as one of the most dangerous attacking wingers in the NRL. At just 24-years age, the Sawtell Panthers junior has already played 95 first grade games since his debut in 2009. Although the prolific try-scorer didn’t manage a four-pointer in Round 1 against the Sharks, Gordon made an impressive 139 metres from 15 hit-ups.

Luke Brooks v Albert Kelly

Key men in leading their respective teams around the park, the battle of promising young playmakers Luke Brooks and Albert Kelly will no doubt be crucial to the outcome of this Round 2 encounter.

With just two top grade matches under his belt, Brooks’ is still learning the ropes in the NRL and his halves combination with Braith Anasta is a work in progress. However as shown in his NRL debut last year, the potential that Brooks possesses is enough to excite any Rugby League fan. Despite a tough opening match to 2014, look out for an improved performance from 19-year-old Brooks on Sunday.

Kelly started the 2014 season with a bang on Monday night against Cronulla, gaining a staggering 231 metres that included a 90-metre intercept try. With the scores locked at 12-all late in the match, the Bowraville junior set Zillman up for the match-winner with a cheeky grubber in behind the line. Kelly is one player who can capatalise on quick play-the-balls and Wests Tigers defenders will need to work hard to stop the Titans getting a ‘roll-on’ if they are to come away with the two competition points.

Boonarga
14-03-14, 05:47 PM
What time do the gates open? Can't find the info anywhere on the club website.
It's a 4 hour drive for me and like to time it so we get there at opening.

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 05:52 PM
What time do the gates open? Can't find the info anywhere on the club website.
It's a 4 hour drive for me and like to time it so we get there at opening.

Gates Open - 11:40am
NYC Kick-off - 11:45am
NRL Kick-off - 2pm

DavidBouveng
14-03-14, 05:56 PM
finishing work at 1pm. wish i could there nice and early but its gonna be a rush job dammit.

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 06:02 PM
http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/dam/titans/site-images/tickets/2014_Titans_WhiteHotSunday_640x350.jpg

I hope the Titans are going to look after our supporters and offer free sunscreen, water, hell even fans and visors to those in the East. It's an extremely important issue in my book.

DIEHARD
14-03-14, 06:03 PM
Are we going to wear our AWAY jersey at home?

teke
14-03-14, 06:15 PM
I think kev marks up on koribete not Richards. Marika was right wing last weekend

Boonarga
14-03-14, 06:16 PM
Gates Open - 11:40am
NYC Kick-off - 11:45am
NRL Kick-off - 2pm

:thumbsup:

GCT_89
14-03-14, 06:40 PM
Are we going to wear our AWAY jersey at home?

I hope so... especially if its hot...oh and coz i bought the away strip this year...lol

DavidBouveng
14-03-14, 07:10 PM
i think i recall us making the warriors wear their dark home jerseys once in the heat. and we wore away strips.

im thinking its too hot to wear a jersey at all tbh. think ill go the polo this round.

i remember a few of our early round 1 games at 1pm aginst the knights. and even last year against the raiders. It was hot as balls.

Hail Sezer
14-03-14, 07:11 PM
i think i recall us making the warriors wear their dark home jerseys once in the heat. and we wore away strips.

im thinking its too hot to wear a jersey at all tbh. think ill go the polo this round.

i remember a few of our early round 1 games at 1pm aginst the knights. and even last year against the raiders. It was hot as balls.

Go singlet

Get le guns out

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 04:30 PM
Wests Tigers ace Brooks bracing for Titanic assault

Luke Brooks knows what's coming this weekend. And next weekend. And every other one this season.

Wave after wave of blokes bigger than him running the football his way. Against St George Illawarra, in just his second NRL game, the Wests Tigers halfback missed nine tackles. The Gold Coast's big boppers, including Dave Taylor, will be looking to increase that tally.

"As a halfback you're always getting targeted by the bigger boys," Brooks said.

"I think that's something I have to get used to - making tackles during the game.

"After the game I am still pretty sore. I think I am going to have to get used to that."

Playmakers have been targeted as long as rugby league has been played. Some enjoyed protection in the form of a 'bodyguard', most notably Tonie Carroll as a minder of Brisbane teammate Darren Lockyer.

Asked if Brooks needed someone to play that role for him at the Tigers, coach Mick Potter said: "It's about not putting himself too much in the spotlight defensively. He's not out there to do 30 efforts defensively. He needs to maybe move out occasionally and just move in when it's suitable.

"He's going to have to make those tackles, I know he can do better and he'll do better this weekend."

The Tigers have been boosted by the return of former NSW prop Keith Galloway, who will take the place of Liam Fulton (concussion). In another change, Marika Koroibete has been replaced by David Nofoaluma.

"I'm not sure how many minutes he'll give us but he's a seasoned player, a senior player and he'll give a good account of himself while he's out there," Potter said.

Skipper Robbie Farah added: "He's a big body, Keithy, an experienced player as well. He's a big part of our group.

"He'll be short of a run, he hasn't trained much during the off-season. Just having him there will add a bit of presence and rub off on the guys beside him."

The Tigers squandered an early lead against the Dragons, who overran them in the second half. It was evident that many of the Tigers players were struggling due to a boil outbreak which hit the club.

"I haven't used it as an excuse, I was very disappointed with the way I played regardless of how sick I was during the week," Farah said.

"Once you put yourself out on the footy field you're there to play and can't make excuses.

"Looking back now, I felt fine but the longer the game went the more it took it's toll. There's no doubt I fell away the longer the game went. I did question whether I was fit enough and things like that.

"Having spoken to the boys and the coaching staff, I think a lot had to do with what we went through last week."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wests-tigers-ace-brooks-bracing-for-titanic-assault-20140315-hvj3l.html#ixzz2w0hdIcT0

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 04:37 PM
Titans must be wary of Farah: Bird

Gold Coast co-captain Greg Bird is adamant NSW State of Origin teammate Robbie Farah will be the key to the Titans' NRL clash with Wests Tigers.

Bird says Farah has always been a devastating attacking option for the Tigers but will pose an increased risk to the Titans on Sunday due to new rules designed to speed up the play the ball.

With Benji Marshall no longer at the Tigers, Bird said it was obvious Farah would be the man the Titans would need to stop to make it two wins from two to start the season.

"He's been the leader there for a long time now," Bird said.

"You've got to give him the respect he deserves otherwise he'll cut you to pieces. With the new rule changes it's really opened up the door for good hookers to take advantage, the quicker ruck speed gives them the opportunity to get over the advantage line and catch blokes napping.

"He used to do it back in the day when they were slow rucks, with the speedier ruck it's definitely going to play into his hands."

The Tigers will be desperate to make up for a poor round one display when they surrendered an 18-6 lead to lose 46-24 to St George Illawarra.

Tigers coach Mick Potter made two late changes to his squad to head to Queensland on Saturday, with Liam Fulton (concussion) and Marika Koroibete replaced by Keith Galloway and David Nofoaluma.

Potter has also named five-eighth Blake Austin as the team's 18th man.

The Titans have brought back-rower Ben Ridge into their squad on stand-by for veteran Anthony Minichiello, who is battling a virus.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8814726

Skyfire
15-03-14, 04:40 PM
We got this. I am confident. Is James gonna play?

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 04:43 PM
Any updates on ticket sales? Im hoping for plus 15k but the Tigers havent been bringing many visitors with them and arent in forum.

Hail Sezer
15-03-14, 04:47 PM
We got this. I am confident. Is James gonna play?

He's playing for tweed

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 04:56 PM
The Gold Coast Titans are offering young fans free tickets in a bid to put bums on seats

WHEN the gates swing open for the first Gold Coast home game of the season tomorrow, the Titans will almost immediately start counting their losses.

Not on the scoreboard, but in the bank balance.

This is the reality for many NRL clubs where it doesn’t matter how much you fill a stadium, you’re only putting money in someone else’s pocket.

For the Titans, Broncos and Cowboys the pockets that fill the most are usually Stadiums Queensland, Ticketek and venue caterers.

For every ticket issued to a fan or club member, most never reaches the football club because of enormous overheads such as the “free train travel” which is a cost clubs must pay regardless of how many people board a rattler.

To win back crowds the Titans have offered children free entry to every home game this season with a paying adult into the eastern grandstand.

“No-one runs an event to try and lose money, this is to try and encourage people to come to the games,” Titans CEO Graham Annesley said.

“There is no question the more people we get in the venue the more economical it is for us.

“There is no such thing as a free ticket. We have to pay ticket providers for every ticket we issue, whether we charge them for it or not.

“The only way we can compensate that is by growing the numbers of people who actually attend.”

The truth is, the Titans lost money on all but two home games last season.

Last weekend North Queensland drew just 12,121 fans for their season opener with Canberra, but actually had 14,500 ticket sales.

It was a credit so many fans still turned up despite the threat of a cyclone forming up north.

But as Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain noted, the new focus on memberships means clubs are no longer at the mercy of the weather because seats are sold months in advance.

NRL boss Dave Smith has set the game agenda to double memberships, which is an honourable target, but it is a bit like preaching to the already converted.

Crowds are roughly the same as they were a decade ago (the 16,468 average in 2005 remains the season record) and TV ratings don’t appear to be growing exponentially.

So what has the game done to actually attract new fans?

Are membership numbers just fancy PR to indicate game growth when in actual fact the number of people engaged with the game through either attendance or television viewing has barely changed at all?

“It’s a bloody good question,” replied one Sydney-based club CEO.

“Have individual ticket purchases increased from one year to the next?

“You’re either a fan or you’re not. We’ve got to work harder as an organisation … converting regular fans into members, that is the first point, but the second one and more important one for us is to try and identify new opportunities.”

For Jourdain the answer to increasing crowds is simple.

“We have to make the experience at the game better than sitting at home watching it on a flat screen TV,” he said.

But doing that is the toughest challenge, especially now fans can watch a game on an iPad from anywhere in Australia for just $2 a week.

“We have to add a lot more money can’t buy type experiences for when you come to the game to make the experience of the game so much better than sitting at home,” Jourdain said.

But then again, if the game doesn’t grow the total number of fans in its entire supporter base, getting people at the game will only reduce TV ratings and reduce the value of the next broadcast rights deal.

Nothing is ever free.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/the-gold-coast-titans-are-offering-young-fans-free-tickets-in-a-bid-to-put-bums-on-seats/story-e6frf3xc-1226855195238

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 05:00 PM
Halves Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer hold the key to success at the Gold Coast Titans

THEY are the Gold Coast’s odd couple – a chalk and cheese combination that holds the key to the Titans’ hopes.

And Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer have delivered the message Titans fans have been waiting to hear - they’re ready.

Ready to lead the Gold Coast out of the NRL doldrums.

Ready to deliver success to a team that’s missed the finals for the past three years.

And ready to stop the excuses and near misses that’s plagued this underperforming club for too long.

“We’ve got the team on paper to do great things in this competition and we’ve got a great coaching staff behind us,” Sezer said.

“The ingredients are there. We just need to put it into practice and hopefully the Gold Coast can get behind us.

West Tigers star Braith Anasta says his side is not dwelling on their first round loss to the Dragons and have used the week to tweak their defence ahead of their clash with the Titans on the Gold Coast.

“We want to be a strong team so when people know they’re facing the Titans they look at the team sheet and see Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer on there and it puts a bit of fear into them.

“Being young we’ve still got a lot of things to polish but this year isn’t a learning curve. We’ve had our learning curve.

“We need to realise what our potential is. We know we need to be in the finals.

“If we’re not making the finals then it’s a failure and everyone needs to be accountable.”

Sezer’s strong words come on the eve of the Gold Coast’s first home game of the season against Wests Tigers at Cbus Super Stadium tomorrow.

It’s a must-win encounter for the Titans who have been renowned for dropping games they’re supposed to win.

Leading the charge will be these 22-year-old playmakers with all the talent in the world.

Kelly is the freakish natural footballer. His 90m intercept try against the Sharks on Monday was the type of play he’s most comfortable with.

Sezer on the other hand is the calming influence. He plays with structure and prefers to let Kelly take the risks.

“I’m still learning how Albey plays but every week we play together I’m getting more familiar with the freaky things he does,” Sezer said.

“I still can’t read him but I’m trying to catch up. I’m asking him to get on the same page.

“I’m not pissing in his pocket but he was outstanding against Cronulla. Without him we probably don’t get the two points.

“If it wasn’t for his brilliance we probably wouldn’t have got the win.

“I base my game around structure and power but Albey’s got the flair and speed.

“We complement each other in a way and strengthen each other. It’s a good partnership.”

It’s a partnership coach John Cartwright has taken a punt on as he’s built a forward pack based on proven performers.

Sezer (41 NRL games) and Kelly (36) are two of the least experienced halves in the NRL.

Kelly began his professional career at Parramatta before controversial stints at Cronulla and Newcastle.

He’s finally found a home on the Gold Coast and wants to repay the faith shown in him by taking the Titans to the big show.

“I just want to progress and get us into that top four at the end of the year,” he said after scoring 11 tries last year.

Fox Sports Rugby League analyst Mark Gasnier discusses the new rule changes that have come into effect this year and previews some of the big round two matches.

“We showed a lot of glimpses of what we can do last year.

“If we do it more consistently, we’re going to be in the top four.

“It’s nice up here. We’ve definitely got the support unit around us and good friends to make it work.”

After serving their NRL apprenticeships, Sezer and Kelly are now expected to deliver.

They’ve seen what Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran have done at Manly and at 23, Souths halfback Adam Reynolds is regarded as one of the best in the game.

“I want to progress into a great first grader, not just a good first grader,” Sezer said.

“There’s a lot of good footy players running around. I want to be a great player and get the team into the finals year after year.

“There’s a lot of good things to take out of last year but the negative probably outweighed the good and that’s something we want to turn around.

“We need to get the boys into the finals.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 05:06 PM
Head Coach Mick Potter has made two late changes to the squad that will travel to the Gold Coast to take on the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium this Sunday.

Liam Fulton has not fully recovered from a serious concussion he suffered in last week's loss to the St. George Illawarra Dragons and will be replaced in the team by Keith Galloway.

Marika Koroibete has also been replaced in the team by David Nofoaluma.

Tim Simona will make his long-awaited return from injury this afternoon when he starts in the Wests Tigers' NSW Cup squad that is taking on the Cronulla Sharks.

Five-eighth Blake Austin will travel with the NRL squad to the Gold Coast as 18th man.

The Wests Tigers' will confirm their final 1-17 at 2pm on Sunday.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 05:12 PM
Wests Tigers are going to wear orange tomorrow.

DavidBouveng
15-03-14, 10:40 PM
Wests Tigers are going to wear orange tomorrow.

we wearing blue or white? no clash either way i guess, just interested.

also, in the 'counting chickens' column, a win by 4 or more points tomorrow slots us into second spot on ladder, in a top 3 that most predicted for bottom four.

it means nothing of course, theres 24 rounds to go, but its better than second last i guess.

DIEHARD
15-03-14, 10:48 PM
Judging by the graphic "WHITE HOT SUNDAY", White?

I think its a dumb tag line.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 12:31 AM
Titans v Wests Tigers

Titans: Ironman Luke Douglas looks set to extend his 195-game streak despite a thumb injury, while David Mead (jaw), Ashley Harrison (concussion) and Mark Minichiello (knee) should all play. Prop Ryan James will drop out, but make his comeback for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup.

Wests Tigers: Final fitness tests loom tomorrow for Keith Galloway (toe), David Nofoaluma (hamstring) and Liam Fulton, who is unlikely to play due to concussion. Bodene Thompson will play in the back-row with a finger splint. Flyer Tim Simona has been mentioned as a late smoky.

Update: Fulton has failed to recover from a concussion and will be replaced in the 17 by Galloway. David Nofoaluma has been called up to replace Marika Koroibete on the wing.

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 09:29 AM
we wearing blue or white? no clash either way i guess, just interested.

also, in the 'counting chickens' column, a win by 4 or more points tomorrow slots us into second spot on ladder, in a top 3 that most predicted for bottom four.

it means nothing of course, theres 24 rounds to go, but its better than second last i guess.I've taken all my multis with a 1-12 Titan win, but to be honest, I would be very disappointed/surprised if we don't have an 18 point spread and crack at least 30 points. And if we don't wear white/away jerseys we are just making things harder for ourselves.

Bayside Titan
16-03-14, 11:00 AM
A Cracker of a day here on the Coast a Top of 30 predicted.

Bayside Titan
16-03-14, 11:08 AM
If we win today it must be by at least 12 or more for us to be happy with the performance. We can't just grind out a win. We need to pretty dominant and control the game well. IMO we need to win by 12 or more for Cartys sake. Anything less should have the powers to be looking for better results.

Looking ahead we have the Raiders, Cowboys, Storm and the Broncos so we need to look like our attack is getting better as these next few games could really hurt us.

Titanic
16-03-14, 11:14 AM
C'mon lads … I'm too excited … went to the Storm match in a storm last night and the game was great but the match experience sh1thouse … couldn't understand the PA system at all (they were speaking Victardian) and the drunken antics of a couple of fans was disgracefully distracting … watching lard-ar$e Idri$ walking around and getting smashed was worth the entry, especially when he let that kick-off go out and that cost the game … lol, lol, lolly legs.

Titans by 4

teke
16-03-14, 11:58 AM
Kickittogordon starts the season 0/10 with posting threads:laugh:

Havnt been able to open any of the threads, is it only me?

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 01:05 PM
A Cracker of a day here on the Coast a Top of 30 predicted.
A top of 30? We should score at least that many points, but I'm hoping for a lot more.

And it's hot too... ;)

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 01:08 PM
If we win today it must be by at least 12 or more for us to be happy with the performance. We can't just grind out a win. We need to pretty dominant and control the game well. IMO we need to win by 12 or more for Cartys sake. Anything less should have the powers to be looking for better results.

Looking ahead we have the Raiders, Cowboys, Storm and the Broncos so we need to look like our attack is getting better as these next few games could really hurt us.
I agree, we should win by 18 today to consider it a good result.
Having said that, I've put my money on 1-12, but that is so I have a win regardless of how much we in by.

CoastSportsFan
16-03-14, 01:15 PM
Heading to the game shortly. Is it expected to be hot all day or will it cool in the second half?

Boonarga
16-03-14, 01:27 PM
Hot all day. Whichever genius came up with the idea to allow kids in free, and then to bake them in the eastern stand should be forced to sit over there for the entire game. Section 30 is nice.

K2G
16-03-14, 01:29 PM
Kickittogordon starts the season 0/10 with posting threads:laugh:

Havnt been able to open any of the threads, is it only me?

haha. thanks for the positive feedback teke! to be fair, im 1/5 this morning. the 'Titans trust in Albys instincts' post should work right? not sure what happened with the rest, but I msg'd tam about it this morning.

Looking forward to today's game. Titans by 12. Gordon first try scorer. ;)

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:03 PM
44 degrees on the pitch, Congratulations to the mental midget who designed and approved this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/sfx118545_zpsc4316a0d.jpg

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:05 PM
Hot all day. Whichever genius came up with the idea to allow kids in free, and then to bake them in the eastern stand should be forced to sit over there for the entire game. Section 30 is nice.

But it's WHITE HOT SUNDAY.

We have a duty of care to our supporters, especially children and the elderly.

Is there free water?

Is there free sunscreen?

Is there free visors?

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:08 PM
Well done to Luke Douglas for playing and continuing his streak of games.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:10 PM
Queensland really needs to stick up for itself, no early season day games and less Friday nights for the Broncos which is destroying their fan base and shutting out kids.

gotitans101_
16-03-14, 02:10 PM
edit: spoilers or no?

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:13 PM
I wish the Tigers would stop wearing fluro orange and bring back a more Balmain orange.

Tigers are in out wide, Titans not a convincing opening to the match. And a crowd that makes my eyes bleed.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:14 PM
Oh that's right. Im watching it live on livestream and this is a delayed game.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:16 PM
edit: spoilers or no?

I guess we just comment cause its on the radio live and its live at the match. And all over social media.

What do other people think?

K2G
16-03-14, 02:17 PM
we dont look like a team that spent all off season practicing defense. sack the coach now!!

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:18 PM
I dont think we have spoiler tags, maybe we can get Tam to install them for the future. Then we are sweet.

Brock O'Brien
16-03-14, 02:18 PM
I guess we just comment cause its on the radio live and its live at the match. And all over social media.

What do other people think?

Hey Diehard, what stream are you using? Mine is so laggy.

Titanic
16-03-14, 02:19 PM
Hi DH, I'm in Melbourne until Wednesday and the stream is sh1te.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:20 PM
72 metre goal line drop out by WT! Wow.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:21 PM
Hey Diehard, what stream are you using? Mine is so laggy.

http://new.livestream.com/nrl/

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:22 PM
LOL Kevin Gordon wearing yellow zinc, I love this guy.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:24 PM
Hi DH, I'm in Melbourne until Wednesday and the stream is sh1te.

Keeps dropping out for me, probably my internet.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:30 PM
Drinks break.

Tedesco and Brooks are classy players, exciting.

Titanic
16-03-14, 02:32 PM
Mate we aren't just disjointed, we are terrible.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:33 PM
Chris Lawrence gone for today. Missed the moment when my stream was down.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:35 PM
Sauaso Sue down injured, his hit head on Sezers hip when he was kicking and attacked his legs. Penalty on the way.

Titanic
16-03-14, 02:35 PM
The drinks breaks maybe necessary but they ruin the spectacle completely … NRL wake-up!

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:36 PM
I gonna write in white.

Titans blow the opportunity, WT out of jail.

Boofhead
16-03-14, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know what they are doing out there?

DIEHARD
Spoiler in white.

Bird splits them and flicks to Sezer, we score under the posts. 10-4

DIEHARD
Does anyone know what they are doing out there?

It isnt Rugby League LOL.

Skyfire
16-03-14, 02:39 PM
Go Titans!

rj62
16-03-14, 02:41 PM
Gotta pick up the marker defence ....

gotitans101_
16-03-14, 02:44 PM
Mead having a shocker.

gotitans101_
16-03-14, 02:46 PM
damn that was soft.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:46 PM
Richards in off a sweet WT move.... Richards has impressed me after coming back from Super League for years and performing well at the NRL. 14-6 kick to come.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:48 PM
Richards converts his own try. 16-6. 7 mins til half time.

Toads
16-03-14, 02:49 PM
Just when you thought things couldn't get anymore dire..

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:50 PM
Bailey is trying his heart out. Love that guy.

rj62
16-03-14, 02:51 PM
It just sounds so soft.........and familiar......:doh:

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:52 PM
I bet the folks in The Legion are missing the shade right now. Any one in the sun today has my true sympathy.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:53 PM
Looks like a try for WT, surely that is grounded.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:54 PM
Looks like alot of people have moved into the northern stand. Dont blame them.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:55 PM
Former Titan Beau Thompson scores. I always liked him.

We are getting smashed, we need a half time turn around desperately.

DIEHARD
Legion looks about 1/5 of its usual strength.

teke
Hopefully Titans keep it coming, need this for changes in the Club

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:56 PM
45 seconds for us to try and score, we have some good position, let's see what we can pull off.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:58 PM
Hope KG is ok with his head slamming the ground but he saved us. WT's Pat Richards nearly ran the length of the field there.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 02:59 PM
Sezer's kick sums up our first half right there.

rj62
16-03-14, 02:59 PM
Carty must be clenching......

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:03 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/ht_zps9f1b2427.jpg

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:04 PM
No Sunday Football sponsor for Channel 9?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/Untitled_zps4350eefb.jpg

Titanic
16-03-14, 03:04 PM
Fark Carty, he's as culpable as the drongos running around out there … they are not earning their pay. Changing to the delayed telecast to get a better perspective … no retracting that, another perspective.

Toads
16-03-14, 03:05 PM
Hopefully Titans keep it coming, need this for changes in the Club

I guess so, but it's still painful to witness it. :doh:

Boofhead
16-03-14, 03:06 PM
Can't believe there are still people sitting in the sun!

Titan68
16-03-14, 03:07 PM

Why do we do this. With the team we have we should be doing a hell of a lot better. I didn't travel all this way to watch us get smashed by a bunch of Kitty Cats. Come on guys.

Geeman
16-03-14, 03:09 PM

Good idea, just a shame the tigers and the refs were the only ones awake to it...

rj62
16-03-14, 03:11 PM
I guess so, but it's still painful to witness it. :doh:

Yep.... All too familiar

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 03:12 PM
Less than minute to go, we get a set inside their 20, have no idea what to do and turn it over, and they nearly score. Then we are given penalty on the half time buzzer and kick it to nobody and almost let them score.

We are SH1T!!! What team does not have a set play for a penalty with no time on the clock or a set of 6 10 metres out with a minute left????

How much is it coaching, how much is it a lack of decision making on the field?

I am spewing. This is ****e....

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:13 PM
Can't believe there are still people sitting in the sun!

Yea... Its just not good for the health.

The designer of the stadium needs to be tracked down and needs a boot in the ass.

I fail to see how sunlight wasnt computer modelled and tracked for every day of the year.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:14 PM
Less than minute to go, we get a set inside their 20, have no idea what to do and turn it over, and they nearly score. Then we are given penalty on the half time buzzer and kick it to nobody and almost let them score.

We are SH1T!!! What team does not have a set play for a penalty with no time on the clock or a set of 6 10 metres out with a minute left????

How much is it coaching, how much is it a lack of decision making on the field?

I am spewing. This is ****e....

Totally agree Whiz. It's a sorry effort today....

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:15 PM
OK this is where we pretend it is a brand new game.

Toads
16-03-14, 03:17 PM
un***believable..

DIEHARD
1 minute later.....

teke
:laugh: :laugh:

Geeman
OK this is where we pretend it is a brand new game.

Looks like they have, just haven't changed the game plan accordingly :mad:

DIEHARD
Fair try to Wests Tigers in my book.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:18 PM
OK until I saw the closer angle of the knock on. Very fortunate for us.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:19 PM
10m out, WT scrum feed. Trouble. Gus has no respect for the Titans.

Geeman
16-03-14, 03:20 PM

His commentary of us does annoy me, but the boys aren't doing much to help our cause

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:21 PM
They are in..... WT 28-6.

Skyfire
16-03-14, 03:22 PM
#SACKCARTY

rj62
16-03-14, 03:23 PM
Wonder how Cbus are feeling ..... Anyone want to sublet an empty stadium? Soooo frustrating

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:23 PM
Any other game I would be delighted to see the Wests Tigers find some form and see their youngsters shine.

gotitans101_
16-03-14, 03:24 PM
#SACKCARTY

rj62
16-03-14, 03:25 PM
Can almost see Carty post game ....rubbing his head...talking calmly....gaining empathy.......shaking his head....looking at the ground

Times up mate....

teke
16-03-14, 03:25 PM
:laugh::laugh:

Roll the Benny Hill tune...

Toads
16-03-14, 03:26 PM
Oh well.. there's a positive I can draw on. Going by our performance this year so far. We should have a full strength squad come Origin Time..

Geeman
16-03-14, 03:26 PM
Does anyone have any sulphuric acid? I need to rinse my eyes

Noddy1979
16-03-14, 03:27 PM
Just rubbish

DIEHARD
I feel like Im watching an opposed session.

K2G
Did Ash Harrison just get thrown the ball on the 5th, to kick out on the full?! Disgraceful.

People who've traveled to the game to sit in the sun should get a refund.

Let's see if our new CEO has any footy knowledge, any business acumen, and any balls.

Everything you need to know about why we've failed as a team the last 3 seasons is on show today. We've changed CEO's, front office, assistant coach, playing roster and playing style. Only one man seems above any form of accountability.

#pissedoff

edit:

#SACKCARTY

Titanic
16-03-14, 03:28 PM
We deserve everything we get … we have never galvanised to truly put pressure on these bloody tvrds … the players, the coach and the management all stink.

Next game only the paid staff will turn up … how many did the Bums get last night … 19k?

gotitans101_
I'm sorry but this is just embarrassing. This has to come close to one of the worst pieces of trash I've had to sit through.

teke
Some doozies coming from the commentary team on ABC grandstand about the Titans.

rj62
:laugh::laugh:

Roll the Benny Hill tune...

Put in on repeat.....

Titan68

We'll looks like an early day for us. Gunna go back and swim in the pool at the Hotel. And those old BUZZARDS behind us can ?@&& off. May be Mr Cartwright can refund my money I spent for this weekend also.

teke
16-03-14, 03:30 PM
I will refund your childs ticket if ya want :)

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:31 PM
Go Seagulls.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:32 PM
We'll looks like an early day for us. Gunna go back and swim in the pool at the Hotel. And those old BUZZARDS behind us can ?@&& off. May be Mr Cartwright can refund my money I spent for this weekend also.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your day mate.

Titanic Believer
16-03-14, 03:33 PM
ugly ugly ugly sure glad I didn't renew my membership. déjà vu for the last three years

Geeman
16-03-14, 03:33 PM
All the rain is obviously making the ball slippery

Mexican titan
16-03-14, 03:34 PM
I paid $1100 to watch this. The worst i have seen for 3 years ..

teke
16-03-14, 03:34 PM
All the rain is obviously making the ball slipperyThe heat/humidity makes the ball like a cake of soap....but only for the titans

rj62
16-03-14, 03:35 PM
ugly ugly ugly sure glad I didn't renew my membership. déjà vu for the last three years

Couldn't agree more with the déjà vu...... So crap

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:36 PM
I just can't get my head around how far the club has fallen, not just the team but the CLUB.

Titanic Believer
bad bad signs here

DIEHARD

I'm sorry mate.

teke
ABC Commentary team used the phrase 'absolutely disgraceful'

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 03:37 PM
30 minutest go and people are streaming out of the stadium.

This is probably the worst performance across the park that I can remember

rj62
16-03-14, 03:38 PM
I just can't get my head around how far the club has fallen, not just the team but the CLUB.

Absolutely....... Question is....where on earth do we go.....and how do we do it? Urghhhhh..... 34-6 is me done...........I'm out to watch the GP

Hail Sezer
We are looking really strong

Titanic Believer
how long before the coach is gone and the players with over rated reputations let go

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:39 PM
Crowd 12,038. Yea......... I dont believe that the place is nearly half full.

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 03:41 PM
Nobody can blame this on Cartwright, this is a team that doesnt want to play football today.
The team should pass a hat around and refund Every Titan fan who paid money for this woeful lack of effort.

It will need to be friggin' big hat...

Boofhead
16-03-14, 03:41 PM
Let's get #sackcarty trending on twitter.

What a joke of an organisation we are running.

Mexican titan
16-03-14, 03:42 PM
First time in 35 years i have walked out of a game early.

Boofhead
16-03-14, 03:42 PM
It's not a good sign when the co captain of the club looks completely disinterested.

amaline
16-03-14, 03:43 PM
How did Harrison end up with the ball on the last tackle.. twice?!?! At least this time it bounced before going into touch.

Skyfire
16-03-14, 03:43 PM
Time for heads to roll, many heads.

Skyfire
16-03-14, 03:44 PM
If this rot continues we will bleed fans and no player will want to sign with us.

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 03:44 PM
Leaving now. First time I've walked out on a game..

teke
16-03-14, 03:46 PM
How did Harrison end up with the ball on the last tackle.. twice?!?! At least this time it bounced before going into touch.I can tell you now, THE FORWARDS overrule the halves in this team.

Everyone should take a min to think about what i just wrote

Titanic
16-03-14, 03:48 PM
How has our saviour Henry not been mentioned today … Cartwright bugger-off and take your clone with you.

DIEHARD
Alby scores a 95m consulation try. His X factor came in handy, at least we broke double digits.

Titanic
double post

Boofhead
At least our go to play of Alby intercept is still coming off.

teke
16-03-14, 03:49 PM
Falloon injured and Irwin went off injured for Tweed

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:50 PM
Leaving now. First time I've walked out on a game..

Whiz... Wow. That's massive. If anyone knows Whiz, you know how big that statement is and how hard it'd be to do.

Anyone have Rick Stone's phone number?

teke
How has our saviour Henry not been mentioned today … Cartwright bugger-off and take your clone with you.First things first my friend

DIEHARD
At least our go to play of Alby intercept is still coming off.

LOL Boof

gotitans101_
16-03-14, 03:51 PM
press conference should be interesting. Wonder what excuses Carty can dish up this afternoon.

teke
16-03-14, 03:52 PM
News from ABC Commentary said possible break to Birds arm

rj62
16-03-14, 03:52 PM
press conference should be interesting. Wonder what excuses Carty can dish up this afternoon.

Usual promises that come to zero

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:53 PM
Ah crap, Bird is in trouble. Shoulder? I missed it.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:55 PM
News from ABC Commentary said possible break to Birds arm

Nine have no news yet, hope that isn't true. Or we might be adding to our spoon collection.

K2G
16-03-14, 03:57 PM
Geez it must be nice having a dangerous fullback in your team...

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:57 PM
Impressive try to Wests Tigers, god that was beautiful. I love it.

That'll take the score to 40-12

Coaster
16-03-14, 03:58 PM
Oh dear....

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 03:59 PM
Oh dear....

Understatement of 2014 brother.

amaline
16-03-14, 04:03 PM
Pinched nerve for Birdie, apparently.

Titanic Believer
16-03-14, 04:03 PM
Looking forward to the spin on this one. especially following our "great" win last week. Actually the signs were all there last week for us to be blown away by any team who can play half decent.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 04:06 PM
Thank god that's over. 42-12

Geeman
16-03-14, 04:07 PM
A few positives out of that, I have Tedesco and Pat Richards in my fantasy team, and I had a gut feeling to put money on the Tigers to win.
Other than that, not alot nice to be said.

Smakked
16-03-14, 04:28 PM
Didnt go to the game but watched the first ten minutes and turned it off, just checked the score and i am glad i didnt watch it.

Nothing i can say that has not already been said, probably wont make a game this year after seeing this , tigers are picked to take the spoon

Skyfire
16-03-14, 04:35 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1891071_10152267939289593_1908188884_n.jpg

show em how crap we are.

matti
16-03-14, 04:50 PM
lol i love the comments on the big fans on facebook.
It happens to the best of teams. Hopefully they rebound from this loss and play a good game and get a victory. Some fan's are special..... Zillman for one needs to go, Myles must have got laid before the game and used his energy there. Watching Sunday Footy Show Carty states they are used to the weather and this is their advantage, he was wrong. Carty will blame someone else besides himself.

Skyfire
16-03-14, 04:51 PM
Any news on Birdie?

Skyfire
16-03-14, 04:52 PM
lol i love the comments on the big fans on facebook. Some fan's are special.....

LMAO its like the fan equivalent of player and coach cliches. Gibberish.

Jonno12
16-03-14, 04:57 PM
Nate Myles is the definition of disgraceful. You could deadset walk faster than he hits the ball up. I hope we drop him and finally bring Ryan James into the team but I don't think Carty is capable of doing that.

matti
16-03-14, 04:58 PM
Man i waited all week for this game, i don't think i will cart my bum to any game this year. Seale is leading this business into the ground, i do think our fans need to show them by not turning up to the games tbh.

teke
16-03-14, 05:12 PM
Maurice "I'm right centre but am never there" Blair. Obviously there are a few who played but but he's an obvious to me.

Opposite end of the spectrum. Kev was prob easily the best

CoastSportsFan
16-03-14, 05:18 PM
Very disappointing game to watch live. I don't believe for a second that there was 12,000 people there either. They must have been counting the people in Robina Town Shopping Centre as well.

Smakked
16-03-14, 05:18 PM
Go The Suns! woo hoo

CoastSportsFan
16-03-14, 05:22 PM
Go The Suns! woo hoo

Come on mate, it's one game. Support both local teams!

TITAN PETE
16-03-14, 05:25 PM
Whiz... Wow. That's massive. If anyone knows Whiz, you know how big that statement is and how hard it'd be to do.

Anyone have Rick Stone's phone number?

I walked out with 15 to go disgraceful performance , I'm sure we will blame the heat because it obviously had the same effect on the Tigers......the plus side is ....nothing but we do have the 16th best Fullback in the comp or no that's probably not right

hammer
16-03-14, 05:47 PM
Our club the Gold Coast Titans are in some serious trouble!
As a club we are currently like deer in the headlights stuck in a worsening status quo and with little movement allowable or foreseeable.
We have made in hindsight some terrible decisions that are debilitating our ability to move and progress in almost all parts of the organisation.
Firstly, our financial position albeit better than the real dark times still cripples our ability to act swiftly for the betterment of the organisation. Our decision to invest in the Centre of Excellence was in hindsight a poor one once the global financial crisis hit and affecting our image amongst the most loyal of fans…the tradies of the Gold Coast.
Secondly, having a coach on a 5 year contract and other players on similar length contracts has proven to be an absolute disaster…even the great Cameron Smith didn’t have a contract that long. Our side appears/looks old and our youth are just not there yet…is there truly a leader marshalling and organising their troops or just leaders trying to be out in front whilst behind them is a disorganised rabble.
Thirdly, we seem to lack the ability to nurture our youth into the next generation of footballers and even when they show promise we seem to let them go…a good examples of this are Cooper at the Cowboys and Lawrence at Manly. Our NYC sides are atrocious and seem to be a worse predicament than our top side.
Fourthly, our performances are so bad it is affecting our ability to draw upon the real lifeblood of the club…the fans! We have the potential to bleed the peripheral fans that we need to make up the numbers past our paid members! And unless we have optimism like Penrith is currently experiencing at present…we will have a cricket team for a crowd by the end of the season.
Fifthly, our performances are so bad the tv ratings for our side demand we get a terrible draw each year and sides like the ponies have a stable, favourable draw that makes them stronger.
Sixthly, we still don’t have a board and even if we did many would question their ability to be autonomous.
We are a club stuck between a rock and a hard place with a need for someone to make some really tough decisions at the highest levels.
As I said I think we may just be in for a real rough ride.

ozynorts
16-03-14, 05:49 PM
This is the first nail in the coaching groups coffin this year. And yes I mean the whole coaching group. The team was flat and listless from kickoff. This bullocks that they struggle to back up after a Monday night game is a cop out. Yes they played on a Monday night but they have had 6 days to recover. How is that different to playing on a Sunday and then on the following Saturday?
Get rid of the entire coaching group, put a broom through the lot including Henry. I want a clean start with someone that hasn't been involved previously.
Ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr very p'oed right now.

DavidBouveng
16-03-14, 06:05 PM

haha i was so excited this week as i just moved to the Western PREMIUM seating...nice debut on the sideline for me.

I walked out with 15 to go disgraceful performance , I'm sure we will blame the heat because it obviously had the same effect on the Tigers......the plus side is ....nothing but we do have the 16th best Fullback in the comp or no that's probably not right

Zillman would be below 20th. pick all other 15 NRL fullbacks, then throw in fullbacks playing in other positions like Gidley, Hoffman, Reece Robinson, Peter Hiku, Will Hopoate, nightingale and morris from dragons both better...it goes on. Then you could name quite a few q cup and 20s probably....aargggh.

It was like watching the Seagulls again, except at least they usually had a dig.

the players who looked like they were trying were Bird, Alby, Bailey and maybe Carter while he was on.

Right now harrison and Myles dont deserve to be in this team, they just waste tackles and space. James would have fired up and put in.

It was a long way from NRL standard and i would br suprised if some of the Q cup teams wouldnt have beaten us.

as a team we lack so many basic skills, and for a team that plays with such limited scope, we need to be nailing that stuff.

*terrible first contact when tackling, giving up heaps of metres and often tackle breaks.
*catch and passing way to slow for the pace of the game. defenders were on top of us all the time. no depth at all.ever.
*poor bomb catching, Zillman as usual, plus he had a buddy today in Mead.
*tactical kicking was piss poor, letting harro kick was so poor. and sezer bombing straight up and down lets the wingers just stand and takes out any guess work. tigers kicks lower and across to make it a tougher catch and more of a contest.
*General effort was so weak considering the heat was meant to work to our benefit, not theres.

also, from my closer seat, some of the coaching staff walking by look to have sense of superiority and air of arrogance. Like just being a coach or runner or involved in the big dance is enough...

I said to my wife many times, i dont mind losing. some of our best efofrts have been losses. but we have to compete. They need to look like they care that fans are stumping up cash to sit in the sun. And we need to be moving forwards. we did neither and thats what leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

on the other hand, Tedesco was bloody briliant... he is a star in the making. A tatts free dugan.

K2G
16-03-14, 06:06 PM
NRL.com (http://www.nrl.com/carty-left-feeling-sorry-for-titans-fans/tabid/10874/newsid/76861/default.aspx)
By Tony Webeck 6:40pm Sun 16th March, 2014

The coach pitied the 12,000 fans who turned out to watch and the co-captain laid blame at his own feet but both John Cartwright and Greg Bird are adamant the Titans can bounce back from a horror showing against the Tigers.

After conceding the opening two tries inside 10 minutes the Titans clawed their way back to 10-6 at the half-hour mark but two further tries before half-time and a litany of Gold Coast errors killed the game off as a contest, the visitors running out 42-12 victors for their first win of the year.

Despite the extreme heat and a virus that affected the team during the week and prevented Mark Minichiello from taking his place in the side, Cartwright was at a loss to explain such a poor display but won't shy away from dissecting where it all went wrong.

"You've got to address it, you've got to face it. I did feel for the people that stayed until the end there and watched it, it was ugly," Cartwright said in the immediate aftermath.

"You've got to put that to one side. It was uncharacteristic for the group and we've just got to sweep it aside. We'll deal with it tomorrow and then from Tuesday we've just got to look forward to Canberra [next Sunday].

"I'm not going to make any excuses, it was a bad display by the team and I can't paint any other picture. We were poor and made a lot of errors and suffered defensively because of it."

The Titans made 18 errors and missed 32 tackles (compared to just seven for the Tigers) and Bird lay the blame squarely at individuals failing to play within the structure of the team.

Throughout the 80 minutes the Titans seemed directionless and working from 13 different game-plans but Bird believes it can be rectified by answering up to some hard truths.

"Usually when we get behind we get together and work our way out of it as a team but I think everyone got a bit individual out there and tried to do it on their own and then all the individuals pretty much were making individual errors," said Bird, who is hopeful that a shoulder injury was not as serious as first feared.

"Dropped balls, missed tackles and we weren't working as a group and I think it showed.

"Like John said, we've got to address everything that we did wrong, we can't just brush it off like it didn't happen. A lot of individuals need to improve on their performances out there, and I'm probably one of them in defence.

"The good thing about rugby league and this early in the season, we can make amends quite quickly next week."

DavidBouveng
16-03-14, 06:12 PM
memory is fuzzy, but this is up there with Prestos final game as far as poor effort goes.

hatchy84
16-03-14, 06:15 PM
I going to look at the positives and hope for 3 more gameslike this in the next month and HOPE ccarty is sacked

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 06:25 PM
Im back, my computer didnt like the result either and crashed!

We definitely need a new coaching group. It goes beyond Cartwright.

Im really concerned, there is such a backlash going on.

We have fans of the highest calibre walking out, so many talented and creative people disenchanted with the club, Titans Members on fb saying they will go support the Suns.

And apparently water ran out at some or all of the stands?!?! Where is the duty of care. I want it given away but no one thought to order more?

I agree with those that say there are people in our side that dont deserve to be there.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 06:34 PM
Titans CEO apologises to fans for hot day

Gold Coast chief executive Graham Annesley has taken a swipe at NRL scheduling, apologising to fans for the excessive heat they had to endure in their home match against Wests Tigers.

As the Titans wilted on the ground, slumping to a 42-12 defeat, a significant portion of the 12,038 fans were forced to bake in the sun as temperatures neared 40 degrees Celsius for the Sunday afternoon fixture.

The Titans had offered a special deal for fans sitting in the eastern grandstand whereby a child could enter the ground for free with a paying adult.

Unfortunately the eastern grandstand was largely in direct sunlight for most of the game and Annesley issued an open letter saying he'll take up the matter with the NRL.

"Apart from everyone's obvious disappointment with the score line today, I just want to acknowledge the oppressive conditions most of you had to endure throughout the afternoon," Annesley wrote.

"While we can't do anything about the weather, I intend to continue to take up the issue of early season day games with the NRL in an attempt to ensure this is not allowed to happen again.

"With approximately 50 per cent of all seats in direct sunlight for the entire afternoon it is clearly not fair to members or casual fans."

Annesley said it was disappointing the weather may have spoiled the day for many fans and he would be doing all he could to prevent a similar schedule next season.

http://www.sbs.com.au/

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 06:36 PM
Come off it, the Titans knew that stand would be in full sunlight, so dont blame the NRL. That was a dumb promotion.

Yes the NRL is guilty of treating us poorly, but the club is guilty of stupid promotion when they they knew the circumstances.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/sfx118545_zpsc4316a0d.jpg

DavidBouveng
16-03-14, 06:38 PM
Im back, my computer didnt like the result either and crashed!

We definitely need a new coaching group. It goes beyond Cartwright.

Im really concerned, there is such a backlash going on.

We have fans of the highest calibre walking out, so many talented and creative people disenchanted with the club, Titans Members on fb saying they will go support the Suns.

And apparently water ran out at some or all of the stands?!?! Where is the duty of care. I want it given away but no one thought to order more?

I agree with those that say there are people in our side that dont deserve to be there.

yeah the couple of stands i went to it was all gone BEFORE the game. i was in shade so wasnt too fussed. forgot how bad that would have been for fans in the hot sun.

water has a decent shelf life, no dramas in having a few extras is there. imagine if 12,000 people actually went how quickly it would have sold out.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 07:07 PM
The NRL should throw some money at these types of games, for the sake of fan's comfort and safety. Same in extreme wet weather, I want to see ponchos given out.

Mexican titan
16-03-14, 07:44 PM
yeah the couple of stands i went to it was all gone BEFORE the game. i was in shade so wasnt too fussed. forgot how bad that would have been for fans in the hot sun.

water has a decent shelf life, no dramas in having a few extras is there. imagine if 12,000 people actually went how quickly it would have sold out.

This is a minor thing in the context of the shambles that the club is in today but when I was having my bag checked at the gate a woman in front of me was stopped for having an unopened bottle of water. They told her to check it in at the cloak room! I heard her say to her husband that she wasn't and they were going home. Other than I wish that was me going home early it is yet another nail in to the supporters. I raised this some time ago but you can take that and chips etc in to the Gabba yet you can't at Robina and they are run by the same mob.

C-Whiz
16-03-14, 07:44 PM

Same in extreme wet weather, I want to see ponchos given out.
Could've done with a few spew bags given out before the game today...

Mexican titan
16-03-14, 07:49 PM
Just read the post above with the quotes from Carty and Bird. I guess they can't say anything else but one of the howlers for me was when we got a penalty 35 metres out from the Tigers line and about 15 metres in from the sideline. A perfect angle to put a kick out and be taking a tap about 15 metres out. We took a tap where the penalty was awarded.
If that is not the sign of a poorly coached side then............ah stuff it why bother. It has all been said before.

RichOs69
16-03-14, 07:57 PM
trying to add a picture ... says ive quota 80 kb used 82 (only 2 images) no option to remove them!

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 07:59 PM
trying to add a picture ... says ive quota 80 kb used 82 (only 2 images) no option to remove them!

If you need a hand email them to me at diehardtitan@gmail.com

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 08:00 PM
Wests Tigers welcome Richards back with victory over Gold Coast Titans

The oppressive conditions could not have been more different to those in Wigan where he set multiple records, but veteran winger Pat Richards helped Wests Tigers bury Gold Coast on what was accurately marketed as "White Hot Sunday".

Temperatures in the middle of the newly renamed CBUS Super Stadium topped 40 degrees; drinks breaks and an extended half-time would have done little to assuage the distress of the 34 players involved in Wests Tigers' 42-12 win over the seemingly exhausted Titans.

Richards, returning to the NRL after a stellar eight years in Super League, scored his first try after four minutes and another in the 31st, and booted goals from all over - 7/8 for an 18-point indidual tally, in a dominant performance from the joint venture.

The game was only four minutes old when Richards scored the first of his tries, from a simple overlap, in the north-western corner. He was unable to convert but had no trouble three minutes later when fullback James Tedesco crossed much closer to the posts after a kick from a sharp-looking Luke Brooks.

Wests Tigers looked to have taken an early stranglehold at 17 minutes, replacement Marty Taupau charging at the line and appearing to have grounded the ball one-handed. But after repeated viewings, video referees Bernard Sutton and Andrew Dunemann chalked off the try.

"They've had a look at it and they've found he was short of the line and then lost it," referee Gerard Sutton told Wests Tigers captain Robbie Farah.

Hooker Farah responded: "What? They had to look at it 15 times! It's inconclusive."

While travelling well on the scoreboard, the joint venture side lost centre Chris Lawrence to a hamstring injury with less than quarter of the game played. Cory Paterson, who replaced him in the centres, was among his side's best.

After replacement Sauaso Suu was booked for diving at the legs of Titans kicker Aiden Sezer, the five-eighth showed no ill-effects when he crossed in the 23rd minute off a Greg Bird break and converted himself, leaving the home side closer than it probably deserved to be.

But after the outstanding Tedesco executed a try-saving ankle-tap on Albert Kelly, Wests Tigers extended their lead when Richards scored in similar circumstances to his first with nine minutes remaining in the half, outdoing his previous effort by converting from the sidelines.

Former Titan Boden Thompson then hammered in another nail in the shadows of half-time by fielding Braith Anasta's bomb for a try confirmed by the video referees.

Paterson was denied a try when the ball bounced off the posts two minutes into the second half; Bird fumbled but replays showed Wests Tigers' James Gavet getting a hand to Steeden.

But less than another 60 seconds elapsed before late inclusion David Nofaluma scored after some smart lead-up by Brooks. Shortly before the second drinks break, Tapau made up for his ealier near miss by steamrolling over for another.

Brooks completed the scoring with a try in the 71st minute.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/wests-tigers-welcome-richards-back-with-victory-over-gold-coast-titans-20140316-hvjdo.html#ixzz2w7Oh4rxH

GCT_89
16-03-14, 08:45 PM
Agreed... Where's our Tedesco? oh that's right playing Rugby7s...lol

memory is fuzzy, but this is up there with Prestos final game as far as poor effort goes.
That was also against the Tigers from memory??

OK... So the game today was one many of us would like forget...
-The final score was embarrassing despite how much I held up a "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" banner...(jokes on me right)
-The team 'performed' very poorly and gave up quite easily...(related to the next point)
-The weather was unbelievable, but what is more unbelievable is that fact that the NRL keeps scheduling these games year after year...(like people have mentioned, wheres the duty of care?)

But there are some positives from today's game....
-We didn't put in much effort which means we'll be fighting fit next week right??????????????????????????

Seriously though....
-Despite the weather, I personally had a great day out with family...
-Plenty of alcohol, plenty of yelling at opposition players thanks to my new seats on the sidelines...
-I found out the Member's Bar sells Frozen Canadian Club n Coke Slushies... (helped with the heat)
-Also members was allowed out onto the field after the game which is something I feel made up for the heat...

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 08:46 PM
For those that want to relive today....

<script height="349px" width="620px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=81bf83eab75d4bf3af515695a41e5b38&ec=QzbGs3bDorfZvZJfdxesvdIeTJXuA1wZ"></script>

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 08:47 PM
Seriously though....
-Plenty of alcohol, plenty of yelling at opposition players thanks to my new seats on the sidelines...
-I found out the Member's Bar sells Frozen Canadian Club n Coke Slushies... (helped with the heat)
-Also members was allowed out onto the field after the game which is something I feel made up for the heat...

Ah it's good to read some positives!

GCT_89
16-03-14, 08:51 PM
Seriously though....

Ah it's good to read some positives!

SERIOUSLY though, those slushies were amazing! ...lol

DavidBouveng
16-03-14, 08:59 PM
Yeah although I'm whinging on here. I stopped whinging to the missus as I still had a great day and didn't want it to seem like I didn't enjoy our family day out. had to work this morning, but my wife and three year old met me at my work and they both came in to my shop in there jerseys, my little one clutching her 'blade' titans toy, yelling we going to the foootballll!!! And daddy had a titans shirt toooooo. She was so excited. She was literally in the car on way to train station singing 'we going to the football' , we going to the titans' over and over.

Shes been asking all week about seeing the pink piggy ( hogs breath mascot) and the 'raffe ( zarraffas) and blade. She met all three, got a photo and was really coy when she saw them, but was high giving by the end.

This is was also in our new 2nd row seats too. Which were great for feeling more involved in the play and the action of a day at the footy.

Shame the team didn't make if a perfect day, but that part is out of my control.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 09:02 PM
Some snippets from comments on the GCT facebook.,,

My name is Robert Alderton my family and I are foundation members of the Gold Coast Titans. When I lived in Sydney and played football I was a Penrith junior and also followed Penrith until I moved to the Gold Coast in 2003. When I heard the Gold Coast was trying to get there own football team again I was very excited. We as a family were probably one of the first family's to put up there hands and gain season membership. We have always looked forward to going to the titans home games as well as some away games. Let it be said on Sunday the 16th of March 2014 I witnessed the greatest crock of crap I have ever seen in my life.

Yes, I know it was hot but there waS 2 teams out there playing and it seems to me and many others that one team didn't want to be there. It must be very embarrassing to look up into the stands and see people walking out and not returning at half time. The Gold Coast officials are trying to encourage new members and their family to watch sport, someone must be accountable for the rubbish that was served up.

It seems to me the Gold Coast Suns are making giant steps in there sport, and the titans seem to be going backwards. In two weeks time the titans take on the Cowboys on Monday night. A few seasons back when the titans took on the Cowboys there was 27,000 fans there. But in two weeks time when this match is repeated you may be lucky to get 10,000 which 8,000 of those could be Cowboy supporters. So titans officials wake up as the supporters will not cop this crap much longer. What needs to be said each player needs to be accountable for there actions and if they don't perform they should be dropped to the QLD Cup.

I know it's good to be mates with your players but sometimes the coach has to make some hard decisions.

karnage
16-03-14, 09:03 PM
The voice over guy on that highlights package was talking in a tone of voice that made me feel like he was apologising to me for having to watch it...

karnage
16-03-14, 09:05 PM
Yeah although I'm whinging on here. I stopped whinging to the missus as I still had a great day and didn't want it to seem like I didn't enjoy our family day out. had to work this morning, but my wife and three year old met me at my work and they both came in to my shop in there jerseys, my little one clutching her 'blade' titans toy, yelling we going to the foootballll!!! And daddy had a titans shirt toooooo. She was so excited. She was literally in the car on way to train station singing 'we going to the football' , we going to the titans' over and over.

Shes been asking all week about seeing the pink piggy ( hogs breath mascot) and the 'raffe ( zarraffas) and blade. She met all three, got a photo and was really coy when she saw them, but was high giving by the end.

This is was also in our new 2nd row seats too. Which were great for feeling more involved in the play and the action of a day at the footy.

Shame the team didn't make if a perfect day, but that part is out of my control.

The problem is that the people who do have the control are not doing anything about it.