PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: TITANS vs WESTS TIGERS

Pages : 1 [2]

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 10:08 PM
The hardest decision the coach needs to make is to resign.

Brilliant effort againest the wooden spoon favourites at home, sign Cartwright for another 10 years , he really knows how to get a team with an origin laden forward pack going forward.

Welcome to 2014..same as 2013..and 2012..and...

As a GC local and member although you aren't my team (am not a member this year). Advice to marketing to pass onto the board. No bums on seats despite your free kids promo. Appalling performance by a good pack however rubbish coach. Any Sydney or Brisbane club for that matter would have sacked JC long ago. Get out of your boys/handshake club mentality. GC Suns last night would have been at least 25k there, activity for kids, membership affordable and more importantly Performance. Sack JC, get rid nof Bailey put money into your juniors.

Well done finding a photo of us actually moving forward with the ball. Dreadful performance, how is Cartwright not to blame.....

There won't be a titans if u don't consider the fans opinions!! We r the ones that pay the money or as we have seen not pay the money to go! Something has to change guys!! Carty is the first that needs to go

Do the right thing Carty and stand down. You've tried but failed to move the club forward. Results put bum on seats or on today's performance see them stay at home or go to the beach.

Very disappointing titans!! I've followed the team since 2007! Where was the pride and passion today? The boys have been training for 4 months and there was 0 structure today! I'm not going to single anyone out but I'm sure the fans agree today was very ordinary today. It's early in the season - lets keep positive. But I do agree with other fans no more piss poor excuses!!

Im a titans fan but there comes a point when things need to change and tgat wasn't even tigers strongest team

Wow, watch the press conference and tell me that that's not a coach that has just no idea where to go from here???

DavidBouveng
16-03-14, 10:09 PM
I know mate. I just used to stew on matches like today all week, searching for answers... Then realised it's not in my control, stress less.

I know now enjoy it for what it is, get up down for a few hours on the weekend then try push it aside. I'm too grumpy for my family and my work if I don't make that choice.

GCT_89
16-03-14, 10:42 PM
Yeah although I'm whinging on here. I stopped whinging to the missus as I still had a great day and didn't want it to seem like I didn't enjoy our family day out. had to work this morning, but my wife and three year old met me at my work and they both came in to my shop in there jerseys, my little one clutching her 'blade' titans toy, yelling we going to the foootballll!!! And daddy had a titans shirt toooooo. She was so excited. She was literally in the car on way to train station singing 'we going to the football' , we going to the titans' over and over.

Shes been asking all week about seeing the pink piggy ( hogs breath mascot) and the 'raffe ( zarraffas) and blade. She met all three, got a photo and was really coy when she saw them, but was high giving by the end.

This is was also in our new 2nd row seats too. Which were great for feeling more involved in the play and the action of a day at the footy.

Shame the team didn't make if a perfect day, but that part is out of my control.

That's great to hear mate....

Shame they didn't perform, but as you said it's out of our control...

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 10:53 PM
Really disappointing day and hard to read all the reactions of fans. Check in later tonight perhaps.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 10:56 PM
Check out https://www.facebook.com/AretemArt/ he is a good cartoonist!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/10004068_1452321888338573_351941646_n.jpg

Tamwelg
16-03-14, 11:06 PM
Not that anyone deserves point, but voting is open for round 2 http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/poty.php

Voting will automatically open at the start of every match.

Boonarga
16-03-14, 11:09 PM
Ok, Bird & Bailey worked their butts off. Other than that, pfft.
Did anyone else see the Tigers forward doing pushups on the field while waiting to receive a kickoff following yet another try? This was late in the second half. Apparently he wasn't working up a sweat running through our pack.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 11:10 PM
Not that anyone deserves point, but voting is open for round 2 http://www.leagueoftitans.com.au/poty.php

Voting will automatically open at the start of every match.

Votes. Spread them pretty thing this week.

DIEHARD
16-03-14, 11:15 PM
KG got one point from me for the zinc cream.

DavidBouveng
16-03-14, 11:44 PM
bird bailey and kelly kept trying too. shame everytime he looke dto his centre and wingers they were in his pocket or in front of him.

DIEHARD
17-03-14, 12:10 AM
Gold Coast Titans accused of giving up in woeful 42-12 NRL loss to Wests Tigers

GREG Bird could not feel his arm for a few minutes, but at least it diverted his attention away from the other pain.

The pain of the worst home defeat in club history, a 42-12 shellacking from a Wests Tigers outfit tagged as the wooden spoon favourites.

This was as low a moment as there has ever been for the Titans, who are desperate to win back fans but tossed up a display as ugly as they come.

It was an embarrassing defeat that featured woeful defence, disjointed attack and schoolboy handling errors in a performance that lacked any cohesion for all but 10 minutes.

Bird — who vowed on match eve to make the Robina stadium a house of pain for opposition teams this season — was assisted from the field clutching his left shoulder and needs scans today.

Hooker Beau Falloon tore the medial ligament in his knee and making matters even worse the club’s only fit back-up hooker Sam Irwin was injured playing for Tweed Heads.

“Oh, beauty,” John Cartwright deadpanned.

“It was a very average performance.

“I’m not surprised, disappointed more than anything. You certainly don’t train to do that and plan for it to happen, just things transpired today and that’s what we tossed up.

“I’m not going to sit here and make excuses, it was a bad display for the team and I can’t paint any other picture.”

With talented youngsters James Tedesco and Luke Brooks in complete control, the Tigers ran away with the win as Channel 9 commentators began to question if some Titans had hoisted the white flag.

Cartwright was adamant no player could be accused of tossing it in on a day like yesterday.

“That’s a tough call, I’m not going to subscribe to that,” he said.

“I’m in it with them and there’s no hiding from the fact it was really disappointing but I think in those conditions I won’t say anyone raised a white flag, we were poor and made a lot of errors and we suffered defensively because of it.”

The Titans had 25 missed tackles by halftime, more than double what the Tigers (12) produced in the entire game, and finished the day with 43 misses.

Errors ballooned to 18 and when Cartwright conducts his video review today it will be a horror show all will want to quickly forget.

“I do feel for the people who stayed to the end and watched it, it was ugly and we will deal with it tomorrow,’’ Cartwright said.

Bird said his teammates became individuals on the field, guilty of trying to become the hero as they drifted away from the game plan.

“It was frustrating, usually when we get behind on the board we get together and work our way out of it as a team,” Bird said.

“Everyone probably got a bit individual out there and everyone probably tried to do it on their own.

“We have to address everything we did wrong, we can’t just brush it off like it didn’t happen.

The fact Bird was talking like he would play in Canberra on Sunday was a positive.

It was about the only one.

WESTS TIGERS 42 (P Richards 2 L Brooks D Nofoaluma M Taupau J Tedesco B Thompson tries P Richards 7 goals) bt GOLD COAST 12 (A Kelly A Sezer tries A Sezer 2 goals) at Cbus Super Stadium. Referee: Gerard Sutton, David Munro. Crowd: 12,038.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
17-03-14, 12:12 AM
According to the Daily Telegraph, we have a new coach!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/kennewcoach_zpsaf83ff0e.jpg

Obviously someone is employed under false pretences at News Ltd because that is the coach of the Tennessee Titans.

DIEHARD
17-03-14, 12:35 AM
So I was just looking for news, like I usually do and this is exactly what happened.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SffX8iUlFJQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was amused.

DIEHARD
17-03-14, 01:52 AM
Luke Brooks looked to Andrew Johns to nail down tackles then Titans

James Tedesco of the Tigers attempts to break free from the defence.William Zillman of the Titans in action during the round two NRL match.Titans fans show their support.William Zillman of the Titans breaks away from the defence.Martin Taupau of the Tigers attempts to break away from the defence.A young Tigers fan and his Dad show their colours.Keith Galloway of the Tigers takes on the defence during the round two NRL match.Greg Bird of the Titans screams in pain after injuring his shoulder.Sauaso Sue of the Tigers pushes through the defence.Robbie Farah of the Tigers prepares himself at kick off.David Taylor of the Titans attempts to break away from the defence.Martin Taupau of the Tigers is swamped by team mates as they celebrate his try.

His sizzling attack has been compared to that of Andrew Johns but Wests Tigers tyro Luke Brooks took inspiration from the Immortal’s defence as he prepared for Sunday’s breakout performance against Gold Coast.

Predictions the 19-year-old will be NSW’s next Origin halfback will only grow louder after he bossed the joint venture’s 42-12 win in searing heat at Cbus Super Stadium. Brooks was pummelled in a heavy loss to St George Illawarra last week, attracting criticism of his defence, and was shown replays of his missed tackles by coach Michael Potter.

"It’s awesome; I’m pinching myself every day": Luke Brooks.

‘‘I was shown bits and pieces and I knew I had to improve,’’ he said. ‘‘It’s really down to technique. You’ve just got to get your body in front of them.

‘‘I think I was better today. I look at Andrew Johns – he was a really good defender – and Cooper Cronk as well. I just had to work on it. My attack will follow if I get my defence right.’’

Brooks’s halves partner, veteran Braith Anasta, said of the teenager: ‘‘He’s just got it. You can see by watching him.’’

The schoolboy star set up fellow tyro James Tedesco’s seventh-minute try, was involved in several others then scored himself near full-time. Despite the plaudits being heaped on him, Brooks remains wide-eyed at being a regular first grader. ‘‘It’s awesome; I’m pinching myself every day,’’ he said. ‘‘We all get on well and there’s some young blokes here.’’

Skipper Robbie Farah said the youth of the Wests Tigers side did not make it difficult to restore confidence after the 44-24 loss to St George Illawarra last week.

‘‘It was more the older fellas, to be honest,’’ he said. ‘‘We let them down. Guys like myself and Braith, we didn’t take control of the game like we should have.’’

The victory eases the pressure on Potter but he wasn’t getting ahead of himself, knowing he has to ensure his players recover from the gruelling heat in time to take on South Sydney on Friday.

‘‘It’ll be all about recovery,’’ Potter said when asked about the week ahead. ‘‘That’s most important. We’ll do a little bit of stuff on the field to try and counter what they throw at us.’’

Tigers centre Chris Lawrence suffered a hamstring injury in the first half and will have scans on Monday. The crowd was told a collarbone injury to Titans co-captain Greg Bird was not serious but coach John Cartwright was not completely sure of the prognosis. ‘‘It’s an impact injury ... he’s a quick healer,’’ Cartwright said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/luke-brooks-looked-to-andrew-johns-to-nail-down-tackles-then-titans-20140316-hvjfu.html#ixzz2w8aNr37t

C-Whiz
17-03-14, 09:19 AM
As we all know it was woeful display from the Titans yesterday, but there are a couple of issues I want to raise about it, but I also want to make it clear I am not making any excuses for the teams disgraceful effort.

Firstly, I noticed Nate Myles was very ordinary, in attack and defence, and when the Tigers scored their first tries he was taking a knee in the shade by himself while the rest of the team was in a huddle. He shuffled off at about the 20 minute mark, not injured, just looked totally wrecked physically. So, I am wondering if he was suffering from a flu or some other sickness, and possibly this had gone through the team. Just putting it out there.

Secondly, and something we touched on after Alby's charges out of the line in the Sharks game, is that Birdy is now talking about people trying to be individuals and being "heroes" rather than playing the team structure.

So, again i ask the question about when/whether Alby should be just doing his own thing? Again, I am of the opinion that if talent sees an opportunity, talent should take it, but the first rule of team sport is to play to the teams game plan. Not that for 1 single minute am I suggesting Alby looking for solo brilliance and playing what he sees is a bad thing, nor am I suggesting that he is in any way responsible for the crap that was served up yesterday, but do you think Cartwright/Henry should be trying to structure more game plan around our exciting backs, and less around forwards making soft hit-ups and wasting tackles? The Titan hit-ups yesterday were SOFT!!!

Finally, does anyone else feel we have too many Chiefs and not enough Indians out there????

We have 2 co-captians, 1 vice captain, Bull Bailey who still seems to think he is still 25 years old and the original Captain, and he wants to try and take a quick tap every time we get a penalty. Let it go Bull, you are now a rotating prop off the bench. Then we have Alby making his own decisions on the fly, and as per yesterdays effort, no one had a clue what was actually going on.

Add to this 2 coaches, and you've got to start to ask yourself who is actually in charge, and who is actually responibile for the results???

The only structure we really played to was the Sezer kick to Flash in the corner on the 5th, and we were all waiting for it on the 3rd, so it's not like the Tigers weren't ready for it. They had 3 blockers closing Flash out on most kicks.

Supergoose
17-03-14, 09:39 AM
My mother said that if I don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. Screw that. This was pathetic. On a day when my cricket side chased down 283 to win a semi-final, I saw great character and then I came home and sat through this shambolic display of heartless plodding. I then watched the Tweed game which was far more entertaining and enterprising. Didn't think James was going all that well from what I saw and he still looked to be protecting his shoulder, but back to the Titans. I could not believe how disinterested they all were. Apart from Sezer, Bird, Douglas, Bailey and Carter the rest just did not want to be there - and apparently we're shopping Dave Taylor now too. I have no idea what goes on at our training sessions, but it can't be attention to detail and it can't be attacking structure because we have neither of both. This is the most pain I've felt as a supporter of the Titans. I'm not sure where we go from here, but getting James back in to start the game is a must. Myles needs to be either at Lock or come off the bench at best. Play Harrison on the right edge or not at all. Ridge needs more time in the heat of battle. Kelly needs to put his shoulder in and number up in defence - he was targeted yesterday and was woeful to say the least. He did spring to life a couple of times, but it can't hide how inept he was in defence. Zillman has to be at left centre or left right out.

There isn't any number of changes that can prevent the attitude deficiency that was evident against the Tigers. I can only hope that this was caused by some virus that swept through the team. The Raiders will rip us a new one if we don't address what happened today. They were killing the Cowboys in the first 20 minutes of round 1 and have ground out a win in Newcastle - I fear what Milford is going to do to us after their pack monsters us. The only reprieve may be that Papalii may not be there.

Titan68
17-03-14, 09:43 AM
Morning C-Whiz. Shouldn't the head coach take responsibility for results.

C-Whiz
17-03-14, 10:03 AM
Morning C-Whiz. Shouldn't the head coach take responsibility for results.yes mate, absolutely he should certainly take some responsibility, at the end, the buck stops with him, but what about the players out on the field? They have to be held accountable too for what happened yesterday.

psmitty
17-03-14, 10:19 AM
On the Sunday Roast they interviewed John Cartwright and he mentioned that there focus in the offseason was defence and they hardly spent a lot of time on attack. Well it is good to see that the whole offseason was such a success and there defence yesterday was brilliant. Yesterday was disgraceful..... We need major changes in the playing and coaching roster.

Titanic
17-03-14, 10:48 AM
I would go further and suggest that the franchise needs to be thrown out and the whole thing started again. THe management is a fark up, Searle is a fark up, Cartwright is a fark up, the players are a fark up, junior development is a fark up and community engagement is a fark up. We have no Board and no credibility … the whole thing is a freakin' fark up.

DavidBouveng
17-03-14, 10:53 AM
I would go further and suggest that the franchise needs to be thrown out and the whole thing started again. THe management is a fark up, Searle is a fark up, Cartwright is a fark up, the players are a fark up, junior development is a fark up and community engagement is a fark up. We have no Board and no credibility … the whole thing is a freakin' fark up.
Tell us what you really farkin think titanic.

Toads
17-03-14, 11:15 AM

Yup, which is why I was prepared for the worse last year when ARLC considered to step in. If the Titans lose their identity in the process, so be it. A new franchise can be reborn. It was ludicrous to let one man own an entire franchise in the first place..

I'll even chip in to help Pete get a cover up of his beloved tatt with the logo, if need be. :D

Toads
17-03-14, 11:16 AM
double post

Mexican titan
17-03-14, 01:35 PM

I agree it is hard to be positive about much at the moment. Why is the formation of the board taking so long? One might suggest that one bloke in the background is in no hurry to see that happen as it would dilute his power - unless of course his mates are on it. In business, if I offered my mate who was useless at his job a five year extension, I would be gone in a shot. If you did this in Government there would be an enquiry, probably even a referral to the CMC. But accountability here - not a chance.

Bayside Titan
17-03-14, 01:58 PM
Does anyone have Graham Annersley email address at all? If pm me please.

amaline
17-03-14, 02:09 PM
Probably msearle@titans.com.au :laugh:

teke
17-03-14, 02:26 PM
Oh here we go lol.

Bayside Titan
17-03-14, 02:40 PM

You are probably right. Hahahah.

Bayside Titan
17-03-14, 03:22 PM
Yesterday kind of looked like a under 12 match by the Titans as the game plan looked like " get ball to Alby and hope for the best ". Kind of like school boys where you always pass it to your best
Players hoping they can do something.

Numbers
17-03-14, 04:03 PM
Been a season ticket holder from the start. Yesterday's performance (on the back of the last three season) has lead to my first post on this site...

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread as I've only looked at the last half a dozen or so pages, but one of the things I find most perplexing in regards to how the club is being run is that in the off-season, after leading the team to 27 wins out of 72 games in the previous three years, John Cartwright was actually given a $50,000 a season increase in salary for the remaining three years of his contract (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/exclusive-gold-coast-titans-coach-john-cartwright-secures-150000-pay-boost/story-fni3grk4-1226732470426). Apparently to stop him being poached by Parramatta!

Also, what is going on with our player development? The NYC team is continually near the bottom of the table, the QLD Cup teams aren't setting the world on fire and of the starting 13 yesterday I think the only two players who hadn't come through another club's system were the two wingers (and they've both been around for years). Yes, Ridge was on the bench and there are some others (James, Srama and Irwin) who could be playing first grade but given the club is now in its eighth year in the NRL, it seems like very slim pickings.

Surfers66
17-03-14, 04:18 PM
The only we can salvage our season is Moving Alby to fullback. He can then call for the ball and support the runners without having to worry about the playmaking and guiding the team around.It would also mean he is not in the first line in defence and he would be a BETTER FULLBACK THAN ZILLMAN ANYWAY-

1 - Kelly
2 - Gordon
3 - Takarangi
4- ????
5 - Mead
6 - Sezer
7 - ?????

Bring back Taka cause at least he made the defence think and did create for his outside wing.

Coaster
17-03-14, 05:01 PM
The only we can salvage our season is Moving Alby to fullback. He can then call for the ball and support the runners without having to worry about the playmaking and guiding the team around.It would also mean he is not in the first line in defence and he would be a BETTER FULLBACK THAN ZILLMAN ANYWAY-

1 - Kelly
2 - Gordon
3 - Takarangi
4- ????
5 - Mead
6 - Sezer
7 - ?????

Bring back Taka cause at least he made the defence think and did create for his outside wing.

In that senario you actually need a 6, because Sezer is a 7 all day long

Bayside Titan
17-03-14, 05:05 PM
In that senario you actually need a 6, because Sezer is a 7 all day long

Easy throw what we have left in the salary cap at DCE OR Cronk. Hahah I wish.

Bayside Titan
17-03-14, 05:15 PM
Been a season ticket holder from the start. Yesterday's performance (on the back of the last three season) has lead to my first post on this site...

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in this thread as I've only looked at the last half a dozen or so pages, but one of the things I find most perplexing in regards to how the club is being run is that in the off-season, after leading the team to 27 wins out of 72 games in the previous three years, John Cartwright was actually given a $50,000 a season increase in salary for the remaining three years of his contract (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/exclusive-gold-coast-titans-coach-john-cartwright-secures-150000-pay-boost/story-fni3grk4-1226732470426). Apparently to stop him being poached by Parramatta!

Also, what is going on with our player development? The NYC team is continually near the bottom of the table, the QLD Cup teams aren't setting the world on fire and of the starting 13 yesterday I think the only two players who hadn't come through another club's system were the two wingers (and they've both been around for years). Yes, Ridge was on the bench and there are some others (James, Srama and Irwin) who could be playing first grade but given the club is now in its eighth year in the NRL, it seems like very slim pickings.

Great first post mate and I think that all and sundry on this forum would agree with you.

There are a couple of reasons that I can think of Carty got a pay rise. Not sure if close to the truth but just thoughts I had.
1. Probably can't pay the Head Coach more than the assistant Neil Henry.
2. New contract means new contract conditions and terms. For example Cartys prior contract may not have had CLEAR performance KPI's in the contract. I would hope that there are now clear performance KPIs built in so that if Carty does not meet them then the club can terminate his employment. This would be inline with any job that you or I would have.

Mexican titan
17-03-14, 06:20 PM

Welcome mate and good post. It's a shame that the build up of frustration led to your first post but I put a lot of faith in people power. Can't agree more with what you have said particularly in relation to junior development.
As for Carty's increase, well that is really worth $200,000 when you add it to the years he has left and means a bigger payout if he gets the chop. I gather his mate arranged it for him.
I have also been a ticket holder from the start and I take no pleasure at all from slagging off at the coach and I was one of the last to start bagging him. However three years of boring footy with poor results means something should be done - other than giving him a payrise.

Numbers
17-03-14, 06:27 PM
I hope you're right on point 2, Bayside Titans, because in the next eight weeks we play Cowboys, Broncos & Rabbitohs at home and Raiders, Storm, Panthers, Tigers & Broncos away, and I can't see us being favoured to win any of those games! I know games aren't played on paper - we weren't favoured to beat the Sharks in week one and we were favoured to beat the Tigers yesterday - so maybe there will be some wins in there, but it sure looks like a long season in the making.

Numbers
17-03-14, 06:44 PM
I know what you mean, Mexican titan, about getting no pleasure in bagging the coach. I've been following league for 40 odd years and this is the first time I've ever taken any solace from a loss in thinking that it may mean the day the coach gets the boot is getting closer. It's a strange thing for supporters to have to go through.

ozynorts
17-03-14, 07:47 PM
I checked into the Titan's Fb page after the game and the usual stuff there is the blind faithful cheering any thing. Well the endless posts bashing the coach and team was a big surprise. It appears that the tide of discontent is growing and perhaps, just perhaps there may be some soul searching being done if the team continues to serve up the crap we saw on the weekend. The team didn't look interested from the first set and after watching them from the first game in 07 I knew we were in trouble. I was not at all surprised at all by the score.
The same issues we had on the right side in defence are still there this year even though we are led to believe that the teams focus in the pre season was defence. I can well and truly believe they did nothing on attack as it hasn't changed for years. It looks to me as though the players are starting to play for themselves and not the team and that is a sure fire sign that the players no longer support the coach and his team and their message.
We are in for a long season and I hope that the current coaching team serves out most of it so that they have no where to hide when the axe swings.

DavidBouveng
17-03-14, 08:23 PM
biggest thing i agree with is that it needs to be the whole coaching team.

only Neil Henry could be given the hint of a benefit of doubt, but the longer this goes on and we show zero improvement, then his lack of impact will work against him.

other than that, its the trainers, assistants, hangers on. maybe even the fitness guy. just start fresh.

no mates rates, just professionalism and accountability.

rj62
17-03-14, 08:37 PM

:rolf::rolf::rolf:

Leeroy
17-03-14, 08:40 PM
Oh the pain. I was nearly crying at half time. Travelled to Toowoomba for trial and was worried but put it down to a trial.
After last week the reality hit home. Moved seats from Legion to Western Stand this year in the hope with new staff and players we were in with a show. Gutted is the only feeling I have after that performance yesterday. No structure in attack or defense thought I was watching juniors run around. What have they been doing over the preseason. Time to drop the sword and bring in the broom.

Mexican titan
17-03-14, 09:15 PM
I have put this also in another thread, however I have received two emails in the last day from Graham Annesley about the scheduling of matches. I think it is great that he is taking this matter up but as he wrote to us I thought it was the time to respond about things in general. My email is copied below and perhaps others should write as well as who knows who reads what is written on here.

"Graham - thanks for taking up the issue of scheduling - it is ridiculous that the same mistake has been made for three years out of the last four. However, I hope this is not being used as a distraction for the teams inept performance on Sunday. As a member from day 1, Sunday was the first time I have considered whether I would renew next year - one more example of that and the decision will be easy. My family treats the footy as a day out and to have both of my kids wanting to leave with 20 minutes to go was not what any of us want, especially after paying $1100 to watch it.
Personally, my view is that the team plays a very boring style of football and has done for the last few years and that the coaching of the team is poor. So many fundamental errors such as wingers not knowing what to do in defence (man on man or under the high ball), no late tackle options other than a kick and hope. What capped it for me is when the team received a penalty 35 metres out and 15 metres in on Sunday and instead of kicking it to receive a tap about 20 metres out, we took a tap (and that was after some general indecision for a few seconds).
I know that decisions were made about the coach before you arrived and obviously I know you cannot comment publicly or to me about the situation, it was obvious after the game, at the ground and on the walk to the station that fans had had enough.
Nothing would please me more than have to eat humble pie but the slide of this club over the past few years has been alarming. Finally, where is the independent board that has been promised for some time now. If the board is truly independant then finally some accountability will appear to be in place to your supporters."