PDA

View Full Version : Travel Insurance

DIEHARD
25-01-14, 04:13 AM
Does anyone know any good places to get travel insurance? I know a few forumers are travellers so maybe you could recommend me some?

C-Whiz
25-01-14, 07:54 AM
Does anyone know any good places to get travel insurance? I know a few forumers are travellers so maybe you could recommend me some?
I've always used 1Cover http://www.1cover.com.au/ because they are very simple to use and according to the breakdown, give very good cover across all the options.

I have never had to actually use them (touch wood, I go OS again in 4 weeks) but this is who I plan on using into the future and who I recommend to others.

Travel tip: always get travel insurance once you know your dates, BEFORE you book any part of the trip, just to be safe. No point waiting until a week before you go, it will cost the same, but anything can happen at any time, so it really should be the first thing smart travelers book. :thumbsup:

Ryan
26-01-14, 07:42 AM
I just bought travel insurance through my private health fund HCF which is underwritten by QBE.
I paid $280 for 34 days of comprehensive cover in Africa.
To be honest, I didn't really shop around, but the inclusions looked reasonable to me...

Titanic
26-01-14, 07:06 PM
I have been using World Nomads for years now without complaint. I have had to make claims every now and then (damaged baggage, medical, missed connections) without hassle.

kioli
29-01-14, 06:00 AM
I'm a bit like Ryan in that I don't research/ shop around and usually just go with whoever I buy the tickets from suggests. Have had QBE in the past, no regrets.

C-Whiz's and Titanic's recommendation's sound good.

DIEHARD
30-01-14, 06:25 PM
Thanks for all your help guys, I really value your advice and experience.