PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Fantasy League

K2G
24-01-14, 11:48 PM
So I've created an NRL Fantasy league for whoever is interested.

League Name: League of Titans

Seems like they're still working out the bugs on the website though. No league code has been generated as yet.

Feel free to search for the league by name, or pm your email and i can send an invite.

I'm also keen for the draft league, the option doesn't seem available yet, but if anyone else is down for it, I will be looking into setting up a live (online) draft league.

The 2014 season is almost upon us :banana:

C-Whiz
25-01-14, 08:21 AM

Seems like they're still working out the bugs on the website though. No league code has been generated as yet.

Feel free to search for the league by name, or pm your email and i can send an invite.

I'm also keen for the draft league, the option doesn't seem available yet, but if anyone else is down for it, I will be looking into setting up a live (online) draft league.

Please excuse my ignorance, but is a live draft where we select a player each out of the remaining pool of players to put a team together??? :?)

C-Whiz
25-01-14, 08:21 AM
I'm keen to join the league though. :thumbsup:

K2G
25-01-14, 09:14 AM
Please excuse my ignorance, but is a live draft where we select a player each out of the remaining pool of players to put a team together??? :?)

Yes. This format also lends itself to more discussion, strategy and deception/collusion amongst and between players, because on top of drafting a good team, bargaining for worthwhile trades with others throughout the season is an important aspect of winning ... As gleaned from the american show 'The League' - which is awesome.

justin19
25-01-14, 12:39 PM
i'm keen to join the league. and the draft as well

C-Whiz
25-01-14, 11:27 PM
As gleaned from the american show 'The League' - which is awesome.Agreed! :thumbsup:
I was going to post a tread about it when i first saw it, but thought it might be too "American". Farkin' funny though!
But it gets stranger every episode! :surprise:
"Chalupa Batman MacArthur" :laugh:

Titanic
26-01-14, 11:15 AM
Will play Fantasy, have enough deception and collusion at work, home and watching our club ... but The League is a classic series and is a pointer towards what we should be doing in something called The Forum ... c'mon who's in?

Hail Sezer
26-01-14, 11:23 AM
Will play Fantasy, have enough deception and collusion at work, home and watching our club ... but The League is a classic series and is a pointer towards what we should be doing in something called The Forum ... c'mon who's in?

Memememememememememememe

K2G
26-01-14, 12:33 PM
8 teams in the league so far, good start. But we need more teams!!!

Everyone who hasn't joined yet:
- Get over to fantasy.nrl.com (https://fantasy.nrl.com/landing/index.html#/landing/login) and register
- Setup your fantasy team under the 'Classic' tab,
- Go to 'Leagues' still under the 'Classic' tab
- in the 'search for leagues' section, search for 'League Of Titans' and hit join!!

My cheapies: Peats, Napa, Ben Hunt,
My big scorers: Parker, Smith, Thurston, Johnson
My Titans: James, Taylor,

Shivakaminisomakandakraaaaaam!

DavidBouveng
26-01-14, 04:28 PM
K2G, have you already selected those cheapies and big scores?

or are they your preferences once you do the draft?

EDIT: i think i get what u mean now. those are in your classic team, but draft will be started at a later date?

K2G
26-01-14, 04:38 PM
Draft function still not available ... i have tried to download the nrl fantasy app on my nexus 7 tablet and Samsung galaxy S3 (phone) but it says its not compatible? So i'm hoping they're just working out the bugs still and once working i will post here.

Those point scorers and cheapies are guys i've brought my regular fantasy team. Would love to hear about anyone else's hot tips!

DavidBouveng
26-01-14, 04:43 PM
ill be in this, im going to cut down the time i spend on SC / fantasy this year. i usually do supercoach to be honest, but ill see how this goes. us being a group might this more interesting and seeing as ill never win the overall, just competing with the forum might be enough to keep me stimulated.

K2G
26-01-14, 05:11 PM
EDIT: i think i get what u mean now. those are in your classic team, but draft will be started at a later date?

:thumbsup:

ozynorts
26-01-14, 06:38 PM
Draft function still not available ... i have tried to download the nrl fantasy app on my nexus 7 tablet and Samsung galaxy S3 (phone) but it says its not compatible? So i'm hoping they're just working out the bugs still and once working i will post here.

Those point scorers and cheapies are guys i've brought my regular fantasy team. Would love to hear about anyone else's hot tips!

My guess is that the draft feature may open closer to kick off for the NRL to ensure that only eligible players are available to draft.

K2G
27-01-14, 04:44 PM
Does anyone here know or lay claim to the team 'Multiple Scoregasms' in the League of Titans fantasy league?

As great of a team name as it is ... I'd like to keep as many spots in the league open for Titans fans / forum users.

Hail Sezer
27-01-14, 05:02 PM
Does anyone here know or lay claim to the team 'Multiple Scoregasms' in the League of Titans fantasy league?

As great of a team name as it is ... I'd like to keep as many spots in the league open for Titans fans / forum users.

10/10 name would read again

Brock O'Brien
27-01-14, 05:10 PM
10/10 name would read again

Holy NSW State of Origin Team.. I'm in a touch footy team at Dodgers touch with that team name but no that isn't me!

K2G
28-01-14, 01:36 AM
Alright well, based on the favorite team nominated raiders jersey, i'm going to boot scoregasms lest he/she come back with a better favorite team choice...

Also to the bronco's jersey wearing team 'Gladiators-2' - does this team belong to our League of Titans user 'The Gladiator' ??

~ still no luck with the draft function, will keep trying.

~ as for team selections, I'm finding centers and halves the hardest to settle on.

There are some potential boom cheapies in the halves (Brooks, Hunt, Keary) ala alby from last season , but then there is very little differentiating the top tier guys. DCE is way too expensive early, as is sezer, but with reynolds, thurston, maloney, johnson and the like all priced similarly, it's more difficult to pick the best options, than it was last year

In the centers, there's not many cheapies gaurenteed early season minutes... Mannering is good for the dual position benefit, but he burnt me last year with inconsistency. Lyon is the only must have for mine (croker would be nice for the goal kicking also, but the new coach factor makes raiders hard to pick), Hurrell and Idris are both tempting, but at an awkward price. Hopate might be a risk worth taking, as might Gagai, Reed, Laumape, Matai, Runcimen, or inu if he gets the fb spot for the doggies. Who knows who'll come out of the block firing.

Can't wait for the season to begin.

Titanic
28-01-14, 01:03 PM
The big question for me seems to be hooker ... go for Smith and stability or someone else to free-up a lot of dollars ... I went for Luke but will change 50 times yet.

Surfers66
28-01-14, 04:02 PM
The big question for me seems to be hooker ... go for Smith and stability or someone else to free-up a lot of dollars ... I went for Luke but will change 50 times yet.

Segeyaro will go good. should play close to 80 minutes now.

K2G
28-01-14, 04:06 PM

Read this over on a sportal forum:
(http://forum.sportal.com.au/default.aspx?g=posts&t=95378&p=18)

"- Robbie Farah misses rounds 11, 12, 14, 15, 17 and possibly 18

- Isaac Luke misses rounds 15 and 18

- Farah only plays two games over rounds 11-18. So 2 out of 8 games.

- By starting with and sticking with Luke in NRL Fantasy over Farah, the difference is only 12.5 points by Round 26. (From Round 1 to 26.)

- If you run with Smith AND Farah, you’ll be with out a hooker for rounds 11, 12, 14 and 17 (assuming you don’t trade)."

K2G
28-01-14, 04:19 PM
Segeyaro will go good. should play close to 80 minutes now.

Isn't Kingston still their starting hooker and their co-captain?? Pretty good average too.

Even still Segey could be a great point of difference, especially if he gets more minutes this season. But the way he is currently priced, i think it's safer to spend a little more and grab Jake Friend or Isaac Luke.

With a Smith + Farrah setup causing a trade sh*tstorm over origin/bye rounds, Hooker is looming as a potential headache, mainly because of the depth of well-priced guns in the position. Ballin could be good value, Mccullough will be a special if he gets 80. Also, who knows how Cronk's injury will affect Smith's early season points. My hooker spots will stay open until Rd 1 teams are announced. 2 x 80 min players is a must imo.

Legion Dan
28-01-14, 05:37 PM

I'm keen

K2G
28-01-14, 06:12 PM
I'm keen

PM me your email address for an invite legion Dan. I'll be opening a second league, as there seems to be enough interest.

BTW: it seems as though each team can join numerous leagues.

Legion Dan
28-01-14, 06:37 PM
PM me your email address for an invite legion Dan. I'll be opening a second league, as there seems to be enough interest.

BTW: it seems as though each team can join numerous leagues.

Email sent

K2G
28-01-14, 06:49 PM
Second League created: 'League of Ti2ans'

Find in the league search bar and join!!

As it stands,

League of Titans: 14/16 teams (have sent invites for final two spots)
League of Ti2ans: 1/16 teams (let's fill 'er up)

Hail Sezer
28-01-14, 07:24 PM
Having some real trouble finding the first league, even with the invite it doesnt seem to like me haha

K2G
28-01-14, 07:52 PM
Having some real trouble finding the first league, even with the invite it doesnt seem to like me haha

Was wondering what was taking you so long mate!
Not sure what the problem is there. I've also tried searching for the league to no avail, despite having 14/16 teams in it.

I've sent a fresh invite - best i can do. The site is obviously still experiencing some bugs so soon after roll out.

Titanic
28-01-14, 08:23 PM
Ty-2-tans = classic :)

Surfers66
30-01-14, 09:42 AM
I entered the first league. cool I hope.

K2G
30-01-14, 09:57 AM
I entered the first league. cool I hope.

Good Job! League 1 now full!

HailSezer, looks like you missed the boat on the first league mate. Come and join the second 'League of Ti2ans' - it's currently at 5/16 players.

Anyone in the first league interested in playing in both ~ you can join multiple leagues.

How's everyone's teams coming along?

Hail Sezer
30-01-14, 11:29 AM
Good Job! League 1 now full!

HailSezer, looks like you missed the boat on the first league mate. Come and join the second 'League of Ti2ans' - it's currently at 5/16 players.

Anyone in the first league interested in playing in both ~ you can join multiple leagues.

How's everyone's teams coming along?

Yeah it wouldnt let me join yo. Im in the 2nd league breh, lets fill her up

ozynorts
30-01-14, 04:28 PM
Haven't picked a team yet. Might wait until closer to the season.

DavidBouveng
30-01-14, 06:54 PM
i jumped into both FWIW.

Titanic
31-01-14, 02:51 AM
I have joined the 2nd one too but will give up my spot if someone has missed out.

C-Whiz
31-01-14, 09:30 AM
Just in case there are others (like myself) who don't know exactly how points are awarded.

I just thought Gus, Rab's and Freddy got together after a game, had a quick discussion and awarded points based on what they saw.... :p

2014 Holden NRL Fantasy scoring system
- Try: 8 points
- Goal: 2 points
- Field Goal: 5 points
- Try Assist: 5 points
- Line Break: 4 points
- Line Break Assist: 2 points
- Tackle Break: 3 points
- Offload: 2 points
- 40/20 kick: 4 points
- Tackle: 1 point
- Try Save: 5 points
- Kick Defused: 1 point
- Missed tackle: -2 points
- Penalty conceded: -2 points
- Error: -2 points
- Metres Gained: Total metres run divided by 10
- Kick Metres: Total Metres gained kicking divided by 20
- Sin-Bin: -5 points
- Send-Off: -10 points

C-Whiz
31-01-14, 09:35 AM
Who will be goal kicking for Tigers in 2014?

This is a real sticking point with a couple of choices in my team....

C-Whiz
31-01-14, 09:57 AM
Who will be my Tohu Harris for 2014?

He was probably my buy of the year last year.

Picked him up for $107K and he just went gangbusters! :thumbsup:

K2G
31-01-14, 10:13 AM
Who will be goal kicking for Tigers in 2014?

This is a real sticking point with a couple of choices in my team....

Pat Richards has a pretty epic radar. I'd bet it's him or Anasta

Who will be my Tohu Harris for 2014?

He was probably my buy of the year last year.

Picked him up for $107K and he just went gangbusters! :thumbsup:

I think Peats this season's big riser.

C-Whiz
31-01-14, 10:20 AM
Trying to pick a DT when you don't even know who is starting is a sure way to suffer a cerebral aneurysm.

I think I might come back to my team after the trials....

C-Whiz
31-01-14, 10:24 AM
Pat Richards has a pretty epic radar. I'd bet it's him or Anasta

I think Peats this season's big riser.Pat Richards is the one I am eyeing off. If he starts. And then if he kicks.

Just had a look at Peats. I don't get the DT positional thing. He comes up as HOK/2RF but slots into my centres.... wtf?

Might be good for rotational value come bye time. :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
31-01-14, 10:26 AM
Just had a look at Peats. I don't get the DT positional thing. He comes up as HOK/2RF but slots into my centres.... wtf?

Might be good for rotational value come bye time. :thumbsup:

OK, he just filled a spare spot when i selected him, but he won't save into that position. HOK/2RF are full.

Does anyone know how to check a players stats etc without having to select him into your team???

DavidBouveng
31-01-14, 11:51 AM
can we meet at the Helm Bar Whiz to discuss our teams.

that place must be popular, its all anybody is talking about these days.

Titanic
31-01-14, 01:49 PM
I have a suggestion .... with two leagues running and if we can scrounge up enough players to fill both without doubling up then why not post a combined league up-date in the Forum? Just a weekly combined table.

eg

1. Titanic 852 (LOT01)
2. Diehard 851 (LOT02)
etc

I also think there should be more banter around this and having the combination may prompt some competitive digs.

Titanic
31-01-14, 03:56 PM
I want to announce that Mad Titanic Hueys in LOT02 has no relation to me in any sense of the title ... I play as Barking Sphincters because my old coach always told me to play to my strengths.

K2G
31-01-14, 04:08 PM
I have a suggestion .... with two leagues running and if we can scrounge up enough players to fill both without doubling up then why not post a combined league up-date in the Forum? Just a weekly combined table.

eg

1. Titanic 852 (LOT01)
2. Diehard 851 (LOT02)
etc

I also think there should be more banter around this and having the combination may prompt some competitive digs.

This is a great idea. I'd love to have a weekly ranking across both leagues posted here on the forum each week - it would certainly provide some grounds for bagging and bragging around here. I probably wouldn't want the job of collating and typing up the results after every round of footy all year, but with 1 or 2 other volunteers to take turns with, I'd be keen.

I am one of the few people who is signed up for both leagues. DB as well IIRC. Obviously this could be a problem - but I'd be happy to jump out of one of the leagues if it makes things easier. Hopefully the second league fills up with other forum users, lurkers or titans fans once the double dippers like myself bail-out.

Hail Sezer
31-01-14, 04:18 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if I will cop a ban for murdering you all in fantasy this year?

Titanic
31-01-14, 04:30 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if I will cop a ban for murdering you all in fantasy this year?
You'll cop a clip under the ear if you keep talking like that :wave:

Hail Sezer
31-01-14, 04:30 PM
You'll cop a clip under the ear if you keep talking like that :wave:

Well. That escalated quickly.

Titanic
31-01-14, 04:33 PM
Well. That escalated quickly.
Chinese New Year holiday, so recovery session in progress ... er, I mean ... backing down already are you? Plus I'm going to report you to the RSPCA because your avatar clearly shows that you have AGAIN been lighting doggie farts.

Hail Sezer
31-01-14, 04:39 PM
Chinese New Year holiday, so recovery session in progress ... er, I mean ... backing down already are you? Plus I'm going to report you to the RSPCA because your avatar clearly shows that you have AGAIN been lighting doggie farts.

Wow. Such hate for doge. My avi is god in 80 pixels.

Is your avi your latest selfie?

Titanic
31-01-14, 04:47 PM
Is your avi your latest selfie?
Yep, Titanic by name, Titanic by nature ... now I hope you'll have many sleepless nights dreaming of me rumbling out of your pc, leather ball tucked tightly under my left armpit and size 13 metal-studded, half-cuts (there'll be some on here who'll know what that means) churning up sods of mud and picking you out of the defensive line.

And I have no hate for your puppy but wish to prevent any such further atrocities being inflicted on our canine friends.

Also for any of our fantasites reading this, this is what is meant by friendly banter ... once the season starts bring your A game.

ozynorts
31-01-14, 08:10 PM
Do you have to field the same team in both comps?
Also emailed the admin regarding the live draft and here is their response.
"Hi there

The draft leagues will open up in a couple of weeks, so check back soon and we think you will be excited to see some of the new features that we are rolling out for you

In regards to the rules for draft leagues they are pretty much the same as last year, but with a few new extra features and settings that we reckon you will love! The rules themselves will be published the same time as the draft feature

We are excited to have you on board for this season - and good luck for 2014!

Kind regards
The Fan Hub Team"

Titanic
31-01-14, 09:37 PM
Do you have to field the same team in both comps?
The same team is linked to both comps. You would need to register twice to have two different teams.

ozynorts
01-02-14, 09:30 AM
The same team is linked to both comps. You would need to register twice to have two different teams.

Thought that was the case. Hmmmmmm
Does that mean that you will need to start another league for the draft teams? Might wait and see before entering another league.

C-Whiz
01-02-14, 12:39 PM
Umm, what about starting up a new league that can take more punters, and we all just join the same league? Surely you can set the number higher?

Also, does anyone know if we can view other peoples teams? Are we just bragging on points, or team value etc?

I'm not sure if this will be my final team, but at the moment I've selected these guys.

Can anyone tell me if they are any good and if they think this team will go alright this year....

HOK: C. Smith, R. Farrah
FRF: A. Fifita, J. Graham, A.Woods, T. Merrin
2RF: C.Parker, P. Gallen, A. Watmough, S. Burgess, S. Fensom, S. Williams
HLF: A. Sezer, J. Mullen, D. Cherry-Evans, A. Reynolds
CTR: J. Lyon, S. Mannering, M. Jennings, J. Hodges
WFB: M. Gordon, J. Hayne, J. Dugan, G. Inglis, B. Slater

Thanks for any help and advice. It's only my second year....

PS, clearly we aren't playing for the Shiva, but who would be interested in having an actual trophy for the winner? More importantly, what will it be known as? Suggestions welcome. :D

C-Whiz
01-02-14, 12:43 PM
can we meet at the Helm Bar Whiz to discuss our teams.

that place must be popular, its all anybody is talking about these days.:laugh: Haha, yep, we'll actually be there on Sunday for a session.

Funny though, never really went there when it was the Titanium bar, because it never really had an identity.

Titanic
01-02-14, 01:18 PM
You can view other people's teams after the round commences, so you can give as good as you get ... want some practice?

Good team Whiz, I'm sooooo scared!

DavidBouveng
01-02-14, 01:29 PM
Umm, what about starting up a new league that can take more punters, and we all just join the same league? Surely you can set the number higher?

Also, does anyone know if we can view other peoples teams? Are we just bragging on points, or team value etc?

I'm not sure if this will be my final team, but at the moment I've selected these guys.

Can anyone tell me if they are any good and if they think this team will go alright this year....

PS, clearly we aren't playing for the Shiva, but who would be interested in having an actual trophy for the winner? More importantly, what will it be known as? Suggestions welcome. :D

strongish team. Brian Waldron is your team CEO obviously.

i think you could make some astute trade ins though.

Wayne Ulugia is set for a big year, and i think Russell Packer punches above his weight and should force his way in.

K2G
01-02-14, 01:53 PM

Yeah the reason i went with 16 team head to head leagues is because they are imo, much more fun. They allow you to go up against every team in your league 1 on 1, which results in a ladder system and 'final series' - as a result, you need to have an even number of teams, and 16 is the maximum number, without paying $$ to subscribe. In an open league you can have as many teams as you want, but it just ranks on total points each week. Which is still fun and i'd be happy to start one of those if everyone's keen.

You can't do this until the season starts, and even then only when the round is active IIRC

You've obviously got two sets of books mate! Very creative use of the cap.

I'll throw in for a prize...

Titanic
01-02-14, 07:38 PM
Prize is good … should be linked to something irreverently landmarkish like the Centre of Arrogance or The Golden Goat or Skilled Pickles or The Meter Maid or the Booby Prize (Boobies for short).

justin19
02-02-14, 01:22 AM
Yeah the reason i went with 16 team head to head leagues is because they are imo, much more fun. They allow you to go up against every team in your league 1 on 1, which results in a ladder system and 'final series' - as a result, you need to have an even number of teams, and 16 is the maximum number, without paying $$ to subscribe. In an open league you can have as many teams as you want, but it just ranks on total points each week. Which is still fun and i'd be happy to start one of those if everyone's keen.

You can't do this until the season starts, and even then only when the round is active IIRC

You've obviously got two sets of books mate! Very creative use of the cap.

I'll throw in for a prize...

Need more then 2 sets of books for that team.

As for the viewing of other peoples team. You will be able to see them once the season starts.

teke
02-02-14, 02:39 AM
C-whiz has a 2 billion salary cap

C-Whiz
03-02-14, 03:16 PM
C-whiz has a 2 billion salary cap
Nah, about $9.5M is all you need. :D

C-Whiz
03-02-14, 03:18 PM
Prize is good … should be linked to something irreverently landmarkish like the Centre of Arrogance or The Golden Goat or Skilled Pickles or The Meter Maid or the Booby Prize (Boobies for short).Who wouldn't want the Golden Goat! :laugh:

Clearly no one wanted the Centre of Arrogance... :nope:

Titanic
03-02-14, 10:51 PM
How about this? Once we work out an appropriate name for the award (we can start a poll after a few names have been suggested), I will sponsor it, source a trophy here in China and post a picture of it for everyone to salivate over.

Then once we have a winner, I will have it engraved and send it to the worthy recipient who must take a picture holding it proudly or fondling it or whatever ... and post it in that season's thread.

The winner can then keep it until the next winner is decided and then he/she must arrange for the next inscription and delivery ... a progressive, perpetual trophy.

Geeman
15-02-14, 10:03 PM
Have joined the 2nd league

ozynorts
05-03-14, 10:33 AM
Time to check your teams and in my case get a team together.....

ozynorts
05-03-14, 10:39 AM

Hey mate, are you still going to get the draft league up and running?

Smakked
05-03-14, 12:29 PM
****it missed the comp

DIEHARD
05-03-14, 12:56 PM
Any more NRL.com comps going, Im only in one.

Smakked
05-03-14, 01:01 PM
Any free spots on any leagues?

DIEHARD
05-03-14, 01:14 PM
LOL someone make a League of Titans Reserve Grade for us stragglers. Hang on Ill do it.

DIEHARD
05-03-14, 01:20 PM
League of Titans: Reserve Grade
LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: TK5RZLA6

K2G
05-03-14, 02:01 PM
Hey fellas,

Thanks to ozynorts reminder, I'm thinking abt setting up a draft league for us (the first I've ever set up).

Can we agree on a live draft time? How would tonight at 11pm qld time sound?

Also, does everyone agree trades should be 'league approved' or free for all??

Get excited!!!!! Season 2014 is upon us!!

DIEHARD
05-03-14, 02:05 PM
Can you explain to me what a draft league is? Does that mean only limited players and no duplications?

ozynorts
05-03-14, 04:40 PM
Can you explain to me what a draft league is? Does that mean only limited players and no duplications?

Yes in short.

Ok in other sports in the draft system. There are two different draft systems. Live and offline.
The player pool is all players available from all teams.
In a live draft an order of selection is decided prior to the draft. Different sports and sites have many different ways of doing this. I haven't checked what the situation is with the NRL one.
Once the order is set then the draft can commence. Each team manager then chooses a player from the draft pool when it is his turn. This means that if a player you want is selected before your turn you miss out on that player. Every team manager cycles through until all teams are filled.
In an offline draft the same occurs, BUT you have to set the order of players that you want to draft. If a player in your wish list is already gone the next player in your list is drafted.

For those that already knew this sorry but thought it might help others.

ozynorts
05-03-14, 04:46 PM
Without setting a draft league up it is hard to tell from the FAQ's if this is the case with the NRL one but it appears that it may be.
The idea is you get to create a team from players that are available, just like an NRL side has to do. If a player is already on another team he is off the market. You can however make trades at any point of the season with another team. You also are allowed to make as many trades as you like every week.

Titanic
05-03-14, 05:14 PM
Carumba k2g, I'm in but the questions are far too complex :-) I should be good at 11pm Qld time just ... I have a business dinner but should scrape in by 9.

There are few spots left for the NRL Fantasy at league name Piston Broke invite code TE8PZHBR

K2G
05-03-14, 07:10 PM
Thankyou so much ozynorts for grabbing the horns on this one! I've been getting pumped by work and uni the last few weeks, so haven't had the time to get on top of the draft and put up all the info on the boards here. Youve pretty much nailed all the important stuff.

Im going to post heaps of info below for those interested. Not a required read, so dont let scare you off the draft league, it will be awesome!!)

Okay, just so people know - the options one is given when setting up a draft on NRL.com include:

1. Public or private (public=anyone can join /private=invite only)
2. League size (min 8, max 20 draft teams)
3. Play opponents (options= once/at least once)
4. League final series (yes=winner determined top 8 style, no=winner determined on total points at end of comp)
5. League start round (determine which round your the leagues teams start accruing points)
6. Bye rounds (on=teams accrue points over bye rounds, off=comp frozen on bye rounds)
7.coaches box (on=team managers can post [sh*t talk, gloat, scheme & collude] on a league-viewable 'discussion page' / off=no communicado between team managers other than preexisting personal contact knowledge)
8. Draft type (live=what ozynorts said / auto=everyone randomly assigned a roster / commissioner=person who sets up league, in charge of assigning players to teams, which would essentially work the way ozynorts explained the 'offline' option)
9. Draft order (snake= random? / linear= in order [team a, team b, team c, team a, team b, team c)
10. Draft turn time (how long each person is allocated to choose a player, once its their turn. Options=60s - 24hrs)
11. Draft time and date
12. Team size (there are set options for minimum winger/fullback, centers, halves, 2nd row, front row, hookers and reserves per team - I'll post a screenshot later)
13. Enable captains (same as the non-draft dream-team comp: yes=nominated captains earns double points for the round, changeable prior to the begining of each round, off= no captains)
14. Auto emergencies on/off (on= teams can apply to the commissioner (person who sets up league) for a substitute player (lowest scoring, non playing bench player)'s points to be counted for the round in an emergency situation. No more than one emergency per round, commissioner can knock requests back as per discretion / league vote)
15. Rolling lockout (on=commissioner can choose to allow trades/sub's to occur right up to kick off of individual games / off=trades/sub's automatically locked at start of each round)
16. Restricted free agents (on=team managers can delist their players, and pick up free agents from the pool of NRL players not assigned to a draft league team)
17. Free agent to time period (determines how many much time team managers can have to submit a free agent bid to league commissioner)
18. Free agent order policy (determines which order free agent bids are considers in: reverse ladder=person coming last gets first bid, and so on / reverse bid=if you got first bid last week, you get last bid this week)
19.inter-team trading policy (commissioner= commissioner decides wether player trade between team managers is fair/ free for all=trades can happen anytime, anyhow / league approved=league votes on trade fairness and majority rules)

Wow!! So them the rules, here is what I propose:
1. Private (invite code posted here so mainly forum users make up comp
2. 20 (max)
3. Yes (more exciting)
4. At least once
5. Round 2 (1 grace round to calibrate team)
6. Bye rounds off=easier, less headaches
7. ON!!
8. Live
9. Snake (more fair)
10. 2 mins (quick draft's a good draft)
11. Tonight, 05/03/2014, 11pm qld time (I'm happy to go later, but not sure of peoples bed-times around here!!)
12. Not sure abt this one,
13. Yes captains
14. no emergencies (less work for commissioner!! Happy either way
15. No lockouts see above. I actually think the comp would be better with lockouts and emergencies, but I'm not loving the idea off being responsible for such important things
16. Yes free agents
17. 2 days?
18. Either order. Reverse ladder probably more fair
19. Free for all

Thoughts?? That was hell to type on a phone, on a moving train...

ozynorts
05-03-14, 09:14 PM
11pm tonight..... will be snoring well before then mate.
If your not going to kick it off till rnd 2 then there is no need to try and squeeze it in tonight is there?
I am happy to have a crack.

K2G
05-03-14, 11:45 PM
Well. Judging by the flood of interest, i'm sure thousands of you will be dissapointed to hear that i've gotten home late and will probably leave the live draft for tomorrow. Is it even possible to reach a consensus for suitable time for anyone interested in this draft league?

RichOs69
05-03-14, 11:47 PM
spent hours building my team ... says league is full :(

K2G
05-03-14, 11:51 PM
spent hours building my team ... says league is full :(

Which league brother?

Titanic
06-03-14, 12:04 AM
yes which league ... raced home for the big event ... which site, which code, which name ... oh Fark!!!

K2G
06-03-14, 12:27 AM
yes which league ... raced home for the big event ... which site, which code, which name ... oh Fark!!!

Sh* .. so sorry if this inconvenienced you titanic. I was stuck on a delayed train all night, and ended up getting home late. Sorry mate.

Plus, It's hard to gauge interest in the draft on the forum here (from what i can tell, myself, yourself, Ozynorts, and DH are interested), let alone know if a certain time is going to be suitable for 8-20 people.

Seems like the offline draft might be the only way to get this working with the different time-zones?

Any suggestions?

Titanic
06-03-14, 01:21 AM
I'm good, accept during the lol@souffs&rorters game.

ozynorts
06-03-14, 08:47 AM
It may be easier to go the auto (offline) draft especially if most have never had much to do with a draft league before. I am happy for a time during the day but I would guess most aren't.

ozynorts
06-03-14, 09:26 AM
Sh* .. so sorry if this inconvenienced you titanic. I was stuck on a delayed train all night, and ended up getting home late. Sorry mate.

Plus, It's hard to gauge interest in the draft on the forum here (from what i can tell, myself, yourself, Ozynorts, and DH are interested), let alone know if a certain time is going to be suitable for 8-20 people.

Seems like the offline draft might be the only way to get this working with the different time-zones?

Any suggestions?

How about this mate.
Set up a league with an auto (offline) draft set to draft the teams Wednesday night. Lets see how many players we get. By having the draft next week it gives time to drum up a little interest and also gives people time to set up their draft order and they have all day Thursday and Friday to organise their teams for Friday. :)

Titanic
06-03-14, 12:04 PM
norty's right, we can get a few more interested ... my vote is for next Wednesday too but not too early as I fly into Melbourne about 7.30pm and will need to get into the hotel.

RichOs69
06-03-14, 09:01 PM
Which league brother?

League of Titans ... said 16 out of 16
cant log in tonight looks like server might be playing up

RichOs69
06-03-14, 09:01 PM
Which league brother?

League of Titans ... said 16 out of 16
cant log in tonight looks like server might be playing up

RichOs69
06-03-14, 09:30 PM
League of Titans: Reserve Grade
LEAGUE INVITATION CODE: TK5RZLA6

says leage doesnt exist

RichOs69
06-03-14, 09:33 PM
ok now it found it ... head to head diehard :)

Bayside Titan
07-03-14, 10:11 AM
Lu tried to join all day yesterday and it would not let me. Only late last night was I able to join so maybe there were server problems all day.

K2G
14-03-14, 12:52 AM
So, can i just say - the NRL fantasy league system is absolute rubbish this year. I can't believe how far backwards it's gone from last years iteration. From technical problems which have carried on past round 1, to a terrible points system which doesn't accurately reflect a players performance imo (was albert kelly really the BEST player nrl wide in round 1?!) or update scores as quickly as it should/used to (ben hunt was sitting on 82 points up until hours before lockout, it ended up being 41 - big discrepancy), a cr*p trading system and a near useless android app ... so disappointed.

On top of that, my team's doing shiiite... I'm outside of the top 7 thousand, but still confident ;p

Biggest disappointment: Tie between Luke Brooks and Shaun Johnson. Hope they both come good, otherwise I'm gonskies.
Biggest regret: Kicking myself for leaving AK out.
Potential trades: Would love to bring in GI but cant afford him. Mau, Arona and Hampton look to be the goods, cash cow wise
Must haves: Peats, Mccullough, Graham, Burgess are my keepers so far.
Next week's breakout: If Coal Train racked up 41 against the sharks in rd 1 in what i thought was a very quite performance from him, he could go big against the tigers, who he historically plays well against.

How's everyone else traveling?

Geeman
14-03-14, 04:18 PM
Not sure why I bothered this year, agree with how far backwards the whole layout/running of the comp has gone.
Also getting mixed info on players, it says Fifita is playing, but reports from mid-week say he is suspended for 2 weeks...
Doesn't help that I had 3 injuries and 2 suspensions in the first week :(

C-Whiz
14-03-14, 04:19 PM
So, can i just say - the NRL fantasy league system is absolute rubbish this year. I can't believe how far backwards it's gone from last years iteration. From technical problems which have carried on past round 1, to a terrible points system which doesn't accurately reflect a players performance imo (was albert kelly really the BEST player nrl wide in round 1?!) or update scores as quickly as it should/used to (ben hunt was sitting on 82 points up until hours before lockout, it ended up being 41 - big discrepancy), a cr*p trading system and a near useless android app ... so disappointed.

On top of that, my team's doing shiiite... I'm outside of the top 7 thousand, but still confident ;p

Biggest disappointment: Tie between Luke Brooks and Shaun Johnson. Hope they both come good, otherwise I'm gonskies.
Biggest regret: Kicking myself for leaving AK out.
Potential trades: Would love to bring in GI but cant afford him. Mau, Arona and Hampton look to be the goods, cash cow wise
Must haves: Peats, Mccullough, Graham, Burgess are my keepers so far.
Next week's breakout: If Coal Train racked up 41 against the sharks in rd 1 in what i thought was a very quite performance from him, he could go big against the tigers, who he historically plays well against.

How's everyone else traveling?
Mate, I still can't log in, the site is useless, the system it runs on is useless, the points system is a joke, the whole thing is BS.

I knew it was f$#%@d months ago, because i found a bug/loophole, but I assumed they would have sorted it out before round 1.
Not happy Jan.

K2G
03-04-14, 03:51 PM
If anyone still cares...

Head to Head scoring started last round for both fantasy leagues. A lot of the glitches seem to have been sorted now, but the interface is still pretty useless as is the android app. That said, it has been fun again these last few rounds, watching games i wouldn't otherwise be interested in to see how my fantasy league players are going, and wether or not the long hours scrutinising trades and line-ups have paid off. I hope everyone is still having a crack.

Ladder for league 1 (LEAGUE OF TITANS):

http://i.imgur.com/t5Ug8J8.jpg

Ladder for league 2 (LEAGUE OF TI2ANS):

http://i.imgur.com/CW1hm87.jpg

#winning

ozynorts
03-04-14, 04:15 PM
Yep the round that the head to head starts my captain, Cam Smith pulls out injured at the last minute........

Blade07
11-04-14, 11:06 PM
Has everyone's leagues started because i have 5 mates in mine and i thought it autofilled and it is not working please any help would be appreciated

Titanic
12-04-14, 11:30 AM
Blade ... the new system is it won't start until you have filled your 16 and there is no auto-fill ... I had to ask the Forum members to help fill mine and if you still need numbers to fill yours then post the name of the league here and I will join and there may be others who can help ... really frustrating (mine was filled for 2 rounds before they scheduled it).

Blade07
12-04-14, 12:37 PM
Thanks i will get back to you with the code

K2G
15-04-14, 12:48 PM
Another round down and more tough decisions for fantasy league coaches.

- Farrah's injury will be a huge blow for the 50% of teams who have probably got him - I've been spewing that i hadn't picked him ahead of Smith (especially two rounds ago when Cam was a late omission for the Storm V Dogs game) as he's been close to the best player in fantasy league, but now I'm pretty happy. Mccullough has been a consistently huge scorer as well though, and might go close to being an all year keeper.

- I've been tossing up wether to bring Barba into my team. Surely he's bottomed out and can't get any worse? despite his epic fail against us, he still scored in the thirties ... at $205K he might be ripe for the picking, but i think i'll give him one more round to deal with Mullen's kicking game to see if his price can get just that little bit more juicy, hopefully he doesn't have a blinder. I'm thinking that he could be a great buy around Origin.

- Arona, Peats, Taumaulolo: some of the best buys this season, all had their lowest scores this round i think? I will be getting rid of at least one if not two of them this week.

- My player of the round: Ben Hunt. 98 points in a losing side. Great game against us and a really good scorer this year in fantasy league. I was thinking about trading him out around this time of the year, maybe a few rounds closer to origin, but with the form dip of some of the big name halves this year .. I might stick with him through Origin.

- Potential trade ins this week: Barba (see above), Kirisome Auva'a (40 against the panthers in his first game, can he back it up?), Zane Tetevano (41 in his first game this year, was great for the knights in the nines. will he keep his spot though?), Mitchell Garbutt (great for the storm last night, scored a 40 in hi first game, likely to keep his spot until Mclean comes back), Ryan James and Mark Ioane could be smokies if/when they are picked for us. at $257K James could be a great buy when he finally cements a spot, and racks up some minutes.

Ladder for league 1 (LEAGUE OF TITANS):
http://i.imgur.com/NQsS9RQ.jpg

Ladder for league 2 (LEAGUE OF TI2ANS):
http://i.imgur.com/zM9ABGL.jpg

#stillwinning