PDA

View Full Version : Jones could be back for Kiwis

DIEHARD
22-02-06, 06:56 AM
A broken arm and a move to France are not expected to stop champion New Zealand halfback Stacey Jones from adding to his glittering international rugby league career this year.

Jones has been ruled out for up to two months after breaking his right arm playing for France-based English Super League newcomer Catalans Dragons on the weekend. The reigning ?International Player of the Year? had a pin inserted in his arm during surgery in Perpignan today (AEST) and has been ruled out for six to eight weeks.

The injury and his relocation to the French club was expected to signal the end of Jones' international career which included leading the Kiwis to a remarkable Tri Nations final win over Australia late last year.

However, NZRL chairman Selwyn Pearson says Jones is still available for Kiwi duty starting with the much-anticipated re-match against Australia, the Anzac Test on May 5. The 2006 Tri Nations tournament will kick off in Auckland on October 13 or 14.

Source: NZRL

Go_The_Doggies
22-02-06, 01:27 PM
Hmm, i dunno if i want him to play in the test or not, as sooner or later NZ have to get used to not havin Stace about

Plus i dont want him to rush back into anything, if hes not ready:)

Eel 33
22-02-06, 02:01 PM
Simple solution. Make up your mind Jones!!! Your last game was supposed too be against Aus in october last year, but then went on to play for the rest of the tri series. You're like a child who wants 2 of something but your parents say you have to choose between them. Do the League world a favour, make up your mind and stick to your decision.

Ipswich Fan
22-02-06, 02:21 PM
I think it's a case of NZ needing him at this stage to beat Australia so they don't want him to retire.

Go_The_Doggies
23-02-06, 02:04 PM
I think it's a case of NZ needing him at this stage to beat Australia so they don't want him to retire.
Yes we may rely on him

but the tri nations final wasnt a one man show, it was the whole team :win:

anyways, um i want to see lance play in number7 for this test, just to see how he does, and see if he fits the role

stace onyl played in the final cos lance was injured