PDA

View Full Version : Paul Broughton suing Michael Searle

C-Whiz
09-11-13, 07:29 PM
OK, I can't find any link, but I read a small article in the weekend paper today that Paul Broughton is suing Michael Searle for some shares he has in the Titans.

The total cost was only about $8000, so not a huge amount, but I can't find anything about it online.

Has anyone else heard about this?

I bring it up because I think it shows how bitter the fued between Broughton and Sealre must be, even after all this time, and it makes me wonder why this is being reported in the news. Basically, the article stated Mr Broughton had some shares worth a bit over $8K and wanted to cash them in. That's about all it said, and Michael Searle's reply was that he was only a phone call away and Mr Broughton only has to give him a call.

Anyone else heard anything about this? What does anyone make of this?

Titanic
09-11-13, 08:17 PM
Outside my scope but I can add that the Broughtons (both of them) were going to sue the PNG Bid Corporation a year or so ago. I have mentioned in previous references to Broughton that he is one of the few surviving members of the NSWRL's "white shoe" brigade and more the "godfather" than a patron. Let the two of them get to it ... they deserve each other.

DIEHARD
09-11-13, 08:23 PM
Best we just watch this one play out.

Titanic
09-11-13, 08:29 PM
Best we just watch this one play out.
Deck chairs, caviar, cigars and champagne on the verandah?

Mexican titan
09-11-13, 08:33 PM
I only know what was in today's paper but it's a shame that it has come to this between two blokes that did plenty to get us back in the NRL.
If the integrity of both was lined up I know who I would trust.