PDA

View Full Version : NYC 2014

Pages : [1] 2

lonegull
08-11-13, 04:14 PM
Is there any news on the make up of the NYC squad for next year

Hail Sezer
08-11-13, 05:15 PM
We are going to have a young team with a very good spine.

What exactly do you wanna know mate?

lonegull
08-11-13, 05:34 PM
Names of players and a bit of back round

Hail Sezer
08-11-13, 06:51 PM
Okay well new coach is the biggest positive. Last years was terrible.

The squad will be much different to last years. The likes of Jahrome Hughes and Kane Elgey will be returning, but there is every chance they could be playing Qcup (which I personally think they should).

We have a promising hooker in Jenan Parrish (Aus schoolboys rep) and have picked up a young promising fullback, Jayden Connors (NSW Country u18). Little bloke but will have a few years in NYC. If Jahrome plays Qcup then Jayden will likely start in NYC at fullback if he can put on a little bit of size in the off season.

Another key player will be Gold Coast junior and former PBC student Shaun Hudson. He's a centre who is a little on the lean side at the moment, but is a very good attacking player who always seems to create time and space when he's got the ball. 2013 Queensland u18 representative.

I'm a little unsure as to who our other option of centre and who our wingers will be. Tevita Folau will be there but it's a question of whether he will be at right centre or on the wing. Unsure. Another option at centre could be Hayden Schwass.

The halves will be the most competitive position. We've got Christian Hazard who we signed from the Rabbitohs u20s, he is very good and training with our NRL squad at the moment. Then we've got Daniel Schwass, a local junior who won the Titans junior player of the year award this year. Then there is also Deacon Fletcher who is from Redcliffe, apparently a "freak" as described by Jenan Parrish and unlucky to miss out on Aus schoolboys; many are saying he outplayed Jackson Hastings. Then there is also Brayden Mcmahon, Keebra half who is in the AIS team. Then also there is obviously Kane Elgey who if he doesn't play Qcup, will be almost certain for a spot in the halves.

That's the backs mostly covered although I likely missed heaps, I'm not as educated on the forwards so i'll let Pete or mdrew take over haha

lonegull
08-11-13, 07:29 PM
Many thanks HS, I am sure Mdrew and Pete will keep us updated as well I hope things are on the up in the NYC

mdrew
08-11-13, 08:18 PM
Good summation on the backs Hail Sezer, it will be interesting to see the make up of the halves especially.

mdrew
09-11-13, 05:20 PM
Another centre to consider is Brian Kelly from Ballina, he played 1st grade in Lismore at 17 last year and represented NSW CCC in the U18 championships, in the Kevin Gordon mould

neranga
09-11-13, 05:55 PM
Two centres that if injury free that could be good are Jordan Dulay and Rory Humphreys who returned home and was signed to West tigers

Titanic
09-11-13, 08:27 PM
Anything to break up the Tigers connection will do me and players coming back is one way to send a message I suppose.

mdrew
11-11-13, 08:54 AM
Some of the forwards that will be involved in the squad include:

Jennan Weddernburn-Parrish (hooker) - He is still eligible for MM but is training with the NYC squad and is absolute class, I would expect that he stays in NYC for the entire year.
Junior Marsters - (hooker) - Member of the Keebra side which won the national GIO final
Oshae Tuiasau (front row) - Starting frontrower for Keebra, he is big hard running player, who may well start immediately in NYC
Anthony Coleman (second row) - Started two games late in the 2013 season on the wing, but will transition to second row. He has as good a tackling technique as I have ever seen.
Mitch Sharp (front row) - Came into the side halfway through this year, coming off the bench in most games. Ran and tackled himself to a stand still, he is not flashy but plays hard.
Jackson Clarke (second row) - Played a couple of games off the bench and will work all day.
James Iodice (front row) - Injuries have wrecked the last couple of season for him, but when fit is a leader and if he stays injury free, will surprise everybody who has never seen him play with his skill and determination
Romney Lavea (front row) - Young giant, who spent the majority of the season playing Qcup colts with Burleigh.
Doug Faaiu (front row) - Another young giant who just needs to play to develop
Vili Tuli (front row) - See the two above. All three are around 192cm and 110kg who can run. Lavea and Tuli are ex Keebra and Wests tigers scholarship holders. Obviously our new NYC coach knows his Keebra players.

In short our forward pack will have some size and I guarantee they will be fit. One wildcard is Nathan Wilson, does he play out of dummy half (where he played a portion of the 2013 season) or at half or 5/8, interesting question

mdrew
11-11-13, 08:55 AM
You can through Josh Berkers in there as well in the backrow. He has also played well at centre and this year at 5/8, but for me, his future is in the backrow.

lonegull
11-11-13, 09:00 AM
It's great to see some size coming into the NYC it's something the titans have lacked in the past is some big boppers, looking forward to watching our NYC develop back into a force

TITAN PETE
11-11-13, 09:08 AM
Forget everything u remember about our 20's sides of the past this side will be a completely new outfit & the Flogging starts this week :eyebrows:

lonegull
11-11-13, 09:17 AM
Forget everything u remember about our 20's sides of the past this side will be a completely new outfit & the Flogging starts this week :eyebrows:
Great news finally looks like a competitive NYC

neranga
11-11-13, 09:40 AM
Ethan Clarke is another good prop as well!!!

Smakked
11-11-13, 09:51 AM

I hope so TP , last year was terrible

Still think they need to ditch this and go back to reserves before main games. Much more entertaining.

Hail Sezer
11-11-13, 10:19 AM
Jennan Weddernburn-Parrish (hooker) - He is still eligible for MM but is training with the NYC squad and is absolute class, I would expect that he stays in NYC for the entire year.

I hear this bloke has got a world-renowned nutritional advisor? :laugh:

Titanic
11-11-13, 11:52 PM
I hope so TP , last year was terrible

Still think they need to ditch this and go back to reserves before main games. Much more entertaining.
Don't know why they can't get three games in NYC, followed by B's then Cartwright's Clowns.

Titans Riley
14-11-13, 03:53 PM
Yeah I played football with Berkers all my life, his preferred position is definitely in the back-row. He's a rangy player, a lot like Takairangi, but he would be faster than Takairangi and probably a lot more likely to do a lot of tackling. His brother was a REALLY good player as well, who signed with the Roosters but let alcohol get to the best of him. Berkers has that mentality which is all about football. He even dropped out of our schoolies apartment for pre-season training. An incredibly dedicated workhorse with the skills of a 5/8, size of a back-rower and the speed of a centre. He was the Confraternity Player of the year this year. Definitely a player to watch in the NYC next year and probably first-grade in 2015-2017.

mdrew
04-12-13, 09:03 AM
Jayden Connors (fullback)
Jennan Wedderburn-Parrish (hooker) U18
Christian Hazard (half)
Deacon Fletcher (half)
Daniel Schwass (half)
Jahrome Hughes (fullback)
Oshae Tuiasau (front row)
Anthony Coleman (backrow)
Shaun Hudson (centre)
Hayden Schwass (centre) trialling
Mitch Sharp (front row)
Tevita Folau (wing)
Nathan Wilson (5/8)
Kane Elgey (half)
Jackson Clarke (second row)
Delaine Guilford (wing)
James Iodice (front row)
Romney Lavea (front row)
Vili Tuli (front row/second row)
Wilson Bennett (fullback/half) trialling
Jordan Dulay (centre)
Rory Humpheries (centre)
Ethan Clarke (front row)
Brian Kelly (centre/wing)
Josh Berkers (backrow)
Sa Fifita (second row)
McCauley Dawson (wing)
Shane Wright (backrow) U18

Hail Sezer
04-12-13, 09:21 AM
Also

Caleb Morehu (back row)
And another fullback whos name ive forgotten :/

mdrew
04-12-13, 09:28 AM
Tahnks Hail Sezer forgot Morehu, who I think will be a starting second rower

Hail Sezer
10-12-13, 09:09 PM
Yay u20s video up on titans.com.au!

lonegull
11-12-13, 07:03 AM
great clip on the NYC, the boys look like they were pretty serious in their training a lot of new faces and Woolf seems to have a great mentality

TITAN PETE
11-12-13, 12:20 PM
Woolf happy with NYC class of 2014
Adam Gardini
Wednesday 11 December 2013 10:32 AM

New iSelect Gold Coast Titans NYC Coach and Player Development Manager Ben Woolf says he's been impressed by the Under-20s pre-season campaign so far as he looks to build his own culture within the group.

A relatively new Under-20s squad has assembled under Woolf ahead of the 2014 season and the former Keebra Park coach says he's been impressed by their attitude to training after the first five weeks of their pre-season campaign.

As part of his new role in looking after player development as well as the Under-20s side, Woolf has also had the chance to work with the NRL squad alongside Head Coach John Cartwright and Assistant Coach Neil Henry.
Woolf also pinpoints some of the NYC players for Titans fans to watch next season. Click on the play button to hear his thoughts on the Titans NYC squad.

shamus
12-12-13, 06:07 PM
Woolf happy with NYC class of 2014
Adam Gardini
Wednesday 11 December 2013 10:32 AM

New iSelect Gold Coast Titans NYC Coach and Player Development Manager Ben Woolf says he's been impressed by the Under-20s pre-season campaign so far as he looks to build his own culture within the group.

A relatively new Under-20s squad has assembled under Woolf ahead of the 2014 season and the former Keebra Park coach says he's been impressed by their attitude to training after the first five weeks of their pre-season campaign.

As part of his new role in looking after player development as well as the Under-20s side, Woolf has also had the chance to work with the NRL squad alongside Head Coach John Cartwright and Assistant Coach Neil Henry.
Woolf also pinpoints some of the NYC players for Titans fans to watch next season. Click on the play button to hear his thoughts on the Titans NYC squad.

OK...I am not going to go searching but wasn't there a Woolf that we 'had' in the 20's but now the Broncos have got him?... I gotta be wrong, there is no way we could lose a son of the coach...surely. Unless the coach doesn't rate him I guess, but that ain't gunna happen publicly. :frown:

mdrew
12-12-13, 07:13 PM
Titan Pete can give more details, but yes the coaches son has been and will continue to be with the Bronco's, he is only at the U16 level. Titan Pete quite rightly rates him very highly

TITAN PETE
13-12-13, 12:40 PM
OK...I am not going to go searching but wasn't there a Woolf that we 'had' in the 20's but now the Broncos have got him?... I gotta be wrong, there is no way we could lose a son of the coach...surely. Unless the coach doesn't rate him I guess, but that ain't gunna happen publicly. :frown:

Mate he has played in Dyl's team for the past 5 years, gun halfback at the junior level...Titans will be sorry he's got away :?)

mdrew
20-12-13, 04:21 PM
A few more names:

Nili Fielea - from rugby a big powerful centre/wing
Connor Broadhurst - centre from Parra NYC
Corey Langston (fullback) from Toowoomba
Ethan Price
Harrison Hughes - still eligible for MM
Jaiden Hawkes - 5/8 from South Sydney

mdrew
20-12-13, 04:24 PM
Forgot centre Zac Spring local boy up from MM

lonegull
20-12-13, 04:36 PM
Looks like the NYC will be a complete new crop, looking forward to 2014 and hopefully a big improvement on previous years

mdrew
20-12-13, 04:41 PM
Having a shocker, need to check before posting, also forgot three from last year returning, hooker Matt Applebee, Kail Hulls backrow and Jackson Briskey-
Luscombe lock

mdrew
20-12-13, 05:53 PM
Probably should clarify in relation to Hawkes, his best position is 5/8, but he can also play centre at a high level. Switched between both at South Sydney last year.

lonegull
22-12-13, 04:21 PM
The players pictures have been updated on the titans website for the NYC, not many from last years squad, just awaiting for the profiles to be added

Skyfire
22-12-13, 04:22 PM
The players pictures have been updated on the titans website for the NYC, not many from last years squad, just awaiting for the profiles to be added

Thanks for the tip.

http://www.titans.com.au/nycplayerprofiles

Hail Sezer
22-12-13, 04:54 PM
Awesome. Still more to be added as well for NYC, much more.

mdrew
23-12-13, 03:02 PM
Assuming everyone is available, expect Shaun Hudson (long term injury) my side would be something like:

Jahrome Hughes
Tevita Folau
Rory Humpheries
Connor Broadhurst
Brian Kelly
Christian Hazard
Kane Elgey
Oshea Tuiasua
Jennan Parrish
Mitch Sharp
Sa Fifita
Caleb Morehu
Anthony Cloemen

Interchange
James Iodice
Vili Tuli
Jackson Clarke
Nathan Wilson/Deacon Fletcher (aagghh really tied to fit both in the side, they are both too good not to be)

I would start the guys still eligible for U18's such as Sam Swift, Shane Wright, Pelo (x2), Harrison Hughes in either MM or ideally QCup colts just to blood them, but when you see the likes in Jennan, Sam Swift etc you will have a smile about how good they are. Sam Swift is the best young player I have ever seen, a real class act on and off the field

mdrew
23-12-13, 09:14 PM
Probably very unfair my comment about Sam Swift, Jennan is not far behind at all nor is Ethan Paikea, Sean Garner etc. We are lucky to have such grounded young men contracted to us. Keep an eye out for Rory Humphery's a very talented outside back, as is Brian Kelly,

Assuming everyone is available, expect Shaun Hudson (long term injury) my side would be something like:

Jahrome Hughes
Tevita Folau
Rory Humpheries
Connor Broadhurst
Brian Kelly
Christian Hazard
Kane Elgey
Oshea Tuiasua
Jennan Parrish
Mitch Sharp
Sa Fifita
Caleb Morehu
Anthony Cloemen

Interchange
James Iodice
Vili Tuli
Jackson Clarke
Nathan Wilson/Deacon Fletcher (aagghh really tied to fit both in the side, they are both too good not to be)

I would start the guys still eligible for U18's such as Sam Swift, Shane Wright, Pelo (x2), Harrison Hughes in either MM or ideally QCup colts just to blood them, but when you see the likes in Jennan, Sam Swift etc you will have a smile about how good they are. Sam Swift is the best young player I have ever seen, a real class act on and off the field

Titanic
01-01-14, 10:57 PM
Any comments about these Keebra lads listed for West Tigers? Marion Seve, Lamar Manuel-Liolevave, Watson Heleta, Hala Masila, TeMaire Martin, Sione Alofi.

mdrew
02-01-14, 08:11 AM
Seve (who we had in development squads) and Liolevave were hands down the best players in the GIO cup last year. We blew it by missing out on both, but certainly Seve, he was with us!

Titanic
02-01-14, 10:33 PM
You would think that they would have a better pathway at the Titans, particularly as compared to the unholy merger, so what are we doing wrong, mdrew? Is it because their mates are all down or going down there? Or because they are getting a better package? Or are we so inept?

mdrew
03-01-14, 06:42 PM
Mate we are inept, we assume that guys want to play with us because they are from the region. The number of players we have lost and will lose is unbelievable. The Bronco's have five or six of the better juniors on the coast already locked up and the Bronco's rarely lose players they want to keep. We have an amazing group of young players at the U13 to U16 age groups, but history says a number will end up starring at other clubs because we will be complacent. Woolf should make a difference to keeping these boys on the Coast. We also have made massive gains around the Armidale area with a number of very talented young boys signed. Hopefully better days ahead. In saying all of that we have managed to retain and attract some talented players for the 2014 NYC squad. Players still eligible for U18 such as Jennan Parrish, Sam Swift and the Pelo boys will be a pleasant surprise for people who get to the NYC games. Humpheries should also be a pleasure to watch in the centres. I think that we will be better in the NYC than previous years. In short we have struggled with keeping players because in the past we have been complacent and the junior development area has been very insular, hopefully with the recent changes they may listen and utlise others to assist, including people from this forum

You would think that they would have a better pathway at the Titans, particularly as compared to the unholy merger, so what are we doing wrong, mdrew? Is it because their mates are all down or going down there? Or because they are getting a better package? Or are we so inept?

Hail Sezer
03-01-14, 06:54 PM
Marion Seve will probably play NRL this year

mdrew
03-01-14, 06:58 PM
I agree mate, he is a chance, a real class act, we had him in our development squads from 13 years old, and now.... sigh

Marion Seve will probably play NRL this year

Titanic
03-01-14, 07:34 PM
Thanks again for the insight. It is so difficult to get a handle on what's going on at home from so far away.

Hail Sezer
03-01-14, 07:41 PM
Thanks again for the insight. It is so difficult to get a handle on what's going on at home from so far away.

We managed to get back Sa Fifita, one of the most promising Tigers juniors from Keebra. He's one to watch for sure.

lonegull
03-01-14, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the input, hopefully things are changing in our junior development. I think the appointment of Woolf helps our cause
Looking forward to seeing how our NYC go this year

mdrew
03-01-14, 09:54 PM
The first NYC trial is against the Storm in early February, it will be good to see how they are looking

neranga
07-01-14, 03:03 PM
I bumped into Oshea Tuiasau on my way home from work on the train yesterday the kid is a unit.I cant believe he played 5/8 for GC Green MM last year and then played Prop for Keebra Park.Cant wait to see the make up of the 20s this year!!!

TITAN PETE
17-01-14, 11:28 AM
Hayden Schwass will be signing his new contract next week :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
17-01-14, 11:36 AM
Hayden Schwass will be signing his new contract next week :thumbsup:

Congrats to him. He could very well line up in rd1 with hudson still in recovery

mdrew
17-01-14, 07:00 PM
Great to hear, another young junior doing his best

neranga
21-01-14, 03:49 PM
Mdrew any info on the 2 boys from Broncos and 1 from Melbourne that have come into the squad??Plus Ethan Price from Tweed joining the squad as well.Be good to know who they are that have come in.

Bayside Titan
21-01-14, 04:04 PM
Mdrew. How so you feel the boys will go this year?

mdrew
21-01-14, 04:56 PM
Wilson Bennett is one of the boys from the Bronco's, I think he struggles to make the side. He plays either half or fullback, two area's where the side is strong. Not sure about the Storm player, Woolf has brought in a number of boys to trial. I will follow up and see what I can find out

Mdrew any info on the 2 boys from Broncos and 1 from Melbourne that have come into the squad??Plus Ethan Price from Tweed joining the squad as well.Be good to know who they are that have come in.

mdrew
21-01-14, 05:00 PM
Hopefully around 7 or 8th. We should be bigger up front, with more front rowers being brought in to trial since Christmas. Even with Shaun Hudson injured, our outside backs should be very good, such as Humpheries and Folau. Brian Kelly from Lismore will surprise, a real class act. Jenen Parrish should start at hooker. If Fifta and Guettenbiel get going in the backrow, we will pack a punch in the forwards. They are big strong aggressive guys.

Mdrew. How so you feel the boys will go this year?

Hail Sezer
21-01-14, 05:09 PM
Another from brisbane that came is a front rower called perry something arother

mdrew
21-01-14, 05:11 PM
Ioane I believe

UOTE=Hail Sezer;335810]Another from brisbane that came is a front rower called perry something arother[/QUOTE]

neranga
22-01-14, 01:05 PM
Wilson Bennett is one of the boys from the Bronco's, I think he struggles to make the side. He plays either half or fullback, two area's where the side is strong. Not sure about the Storm player, Woolf has brought in a number of boys to trial. I will follow up and see what I can find out

Thanks Mdrew,just got mail it was Soape Palau from Broncs and David Leapai from Melbourne the 2 players.Any idea how they go?

mdrew
22-01-14, 01:45 PM
Thanks mate, Soape Palua is a centre/wing who has played the last two years with the Bronco's NYC, a talent, good to see he has come here, could well start out wide with Shaun Hudson injured. He has a union background as well. Leapai, played mainly half, but from what I understand the Storm liked him as a hooker. Stood out at U18 level, interesting to see if he can make the step up. Thanks for the news.

lonegull
22-01-14, 02:10 PM
Great to see a bit if talk about our NYC, I just wish the titans hierarchy would give us more updates and information regarding our juniors ! Thank god for mdrew :thumbsup:

Titanic
22-01-14, 02:34 PM
Team sheets and match reports would be friggin' excellent ... also a new Audi too thanks.

Hail Sezer
22-01-14, 04:58 PM
Palau will really mix things up with hudson/humphreys/schwass/broadhurst all there as well. Going to be interesting

TITAN PETE
26-01-14, 08:22 AM
The 20's ran against the 1st grade squad in an opposed session yesterday @ Firth apark & it's already very noticeable that Woolfy has already made an impact with the teams defensive pattern , much improved looking forward to major improvements this season :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
26-01-14, 09:35 AM
The 20's ran against the 1st grade squad in an opposed session yesterday @ Firth apark & it's already very noticeable that Woolfy has already made an impact with the teams defensive pattern , much improved looking forward to major improvements this season :thumbsup:

Cheers for that, good to hear!

Any names from 20s that are stand outs in these opposed sessions? I've spoken to a few of them and it seems like there is some real competition for spots.

Hail Sezer
28-01-14, 06:11 PM
Titans 20s are playing against Tweed A grade this weekend in a trial match.

Anyone going?

lonegull
28-01-14, 09:38 PM
Hopefully we get a bit of information as in who is playing etc from the titans but I won't hold my breath :helpme:

Hail Sezer
28-01-14, 10:09 PM
Hopefully we get a bit of information as in who is playing etc from the titans but I won't hold my breath :helpme:

I've got hold of some of the players and all I know is that Jayden Connors is at fullback with Daniel Schwass and Sam Grant in the halves.

TITAN PETE
29-01-14, 11:29 PM
Titans 20s are playing against Tweed A grade this weekend in a trial match.

Anyone going?

I'll be there for sure

Kaysea
30-01-14, 04:39 PM
Titans U20's are playing Tweed ISC at 6.30pm at Cudgen on Sunday 2nd Feb, couple of other Jnr matches on before - not sure if it's Qld times, but it's on the QRL website.

Hail Sezer
30-01-14, 05:00 PM
Titans U20's are playing Tweed ISC at 6.30pm at Cudgen on Sunday 2nd Feb, couple of other Jnr matches on before - not sure if it's Qld times, but it's on the QRL website.

Intrust Super Cup) Mackay v CQ Capras @ Browne Park 11.30pm
(CC) Mackay v CQ Capras @ Browne Park 1pm
(MM) Mackay v CQ Capras @ Browne Park 3pm
(CC) GC White v Group 18/CRL Academy U17s @ Cudgen 3pm
(Academy) GC Academy v Group 18/CRL Academy @ Cudgen 4pm
(MM) GC White v Tweed Heads Colts @ Cudgen 5.15pm
(Under 20/ISC) Titans Under 20 v Tweed Heads ISC @ Cudgen 6.30pm

Hail Sezer
30-01-14, 05:05 PM
Backs for the trial:

1. Jayden Connors
2. Rory Humphreys
3. Zac Spring
4. Connor Broadhurst
5. Corey Langton
6. Daniel Schwass
7. Sam Grant

neranga
30-01-14, 06:15 PM
Any idea on the forwards Hail Sezer??will go down to watch the boys for sure.

Hail Sezer
30-01-14, 06:19 PM
Any idea on the forwards Hail Sezer??will go down to watch the boys for sure.

I'll try find out man

papi07
01-02-14, 03:22 PM
Backs for the trial:

1. Jayden Connors
2. Rory Humphreys
3. Zac Spring
4. Connor Broadhurst
5. Corey Langton
6. Daniel Schwass
7. Sam Grant

Ive heard that they are giving some of the fringe players the opportunity to play in this first trial.

Pelo boys will be playing in the Mal Meninga side which is on before the Titans 20s game.

Hail Sezer
01-02-14, 03:50 PM
Tevita Folau has done his ACL and will be out for the season. Really unfortunate to hear, he is shattered. One of our most promising u20s players

lonegull
01-02-14, 03:53 PM
Tevita Folau has done his ACL and will be out for the season. Really unfortunate to hear, he is shattered. One of our most promising u20s players

Bloody hell was looking forward to watching him this season, absolutely shattered for him hopefully he knuckles down gets through rehab and comes back

Hail Sezer
01-02-14, 04:21 PM
Ive heard that they are giving some of the fringe players the opportunity to play in this first trial.

Pelo boys will be playing in the Mal Meninga side which is on before the Titans 20s game.

Yeah id also say that they are wanting to give guys a run that they have not seen play much like connors. You going to the game?

papi07
02-02-14, 10:14 AM
Yeah id also say that they are wanting to give guys a run that they have not seen play much like connors. You going to the game?

Ye.. I'll be down watching. Going to check out the 16 nd 18s as well

Hail Sezer
02-02-14, 10:22 AM
Ye.. I'll be down watching. Going to check out the 16 nd 18s as well

Keep us updated if you can man :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
02-02-14, 10:55 PM
I watched the boys play tonight , running out winners over Tweed about 6 tries to 3 but there was a couple of shinning lights to come from the game from a few boys making their debuts , 2 big front rowers off the bench one was Evander (could be Guttenbeale) wearing no19 & the other guy was wearing no14 both big Cuzy Bro's, great start for Danial Schwass's career playing halfback , also the pocket rockets on the field Jayden Conners & Jaiden Hawkes had very exciting matches for such a tiny pair of Preston size players @ Fullback & Hooker, all in all a good start for the players,coaching staff & management :thumbsup:

Huge wins for both CC & MM squads (50+) poor opposition

papi07
02-02-14, 11:06 PM
I watched the boys play tonight , running out winners over Tweed about 6 tries to 3 but there was a couple of shinning lights to come from the game from a few boys making their debuts , 2 big front rowers off the bench one was Evander (could be Guttenbeale) wearing no19 & the other guy was wearing no14 both big Cuzy Bro's, great start for Danial Schwass's career playing halfback , also the pocket rockets on the field Jayden Conners & Jaiden Hawkes had very exciting matches for such a tiny pair of Preston size players @ Fullback & Hooker, all in all a good start for the players,coaching staff & management :thumbsup:

Huge wins for both CC & MM squads (50+) poor opposition

Was evander guttenbiel and I think the other prop we Romney Lavea.

The hooker you talking bout wearing 20. If so that was junior marsters. Keebra hooker last year.

papi07
02-02-14, 11:13 PM
Mm cup won 34-6.

TITAN PETE
02-02-14, 11:15 PM
Was evander guttenbiel and I think the other prop we Romney Lavea.

The hooker you talking bout wearing 20. If so that was junior marsters. Keebra hooker last year.

Thanks for that , I was standing next to the bench heard them calling Jayden when Jayden (fullback) was off the field but wow how quick was that little no 20:surprise:

papi07
02-02-14, 11:27 PM
Thanks for that , I was standing next to the bench heard them calling Jayden when Jayde) was off the field but wow how quick was that little no 20:surprise:

Yea the 20 was junior marsters. Keebra hooker last year and also hooker in mm cup white side last year. Will be interesting battle for hooker between deacon Fletcher , jenan Parrish and junior marsters

Titanic
03-02-14, 01:31 AM
Great reading fellas, thanks :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
03-02-14, 05:36 AM
Yea the 20 was junior marsters. Keebra hooker last year and also hooker in mm cup white side last year. Will be interesting battle for hooker between deacon Fletcher , jenan Parrish and junior marsters

Deacon has injured his hamstring, big set back for such s talented player.

Thanks for the review Pete. Who were the try scorers?

neranga
03-02-14, 09:40 AM
The 20 was outstanding and with the starting frontrowers taking alot of the heat in the early exchanges those 2 big boys named at 14 and 19 came on and bent the line at will.Sam Grant was really good directing play well,and the 4 and Jayden Conners showing some class.I didnt think Deacon Fletcher was injured was standing next to him and his old man watching the MM game??When did he get injured Hail Sezer shame if that is the case.

Hail Sezer
03-02-14, 10:05 AM
The 20 was outstanding and with the starting frontrowers taking alot of the heat in the early exchanges those 2 big boys named at 14 and 19 came on and bent the line at will.Sam Grant was really good directing play well,and the 4 and Jayden Conners showing some class.I didnt think Deacon Fletcher was injured was standing next to him and his old man watching the MM game??When did he get injured Hail Sezer shame if that is the case.

Hes just had an ongoing hamstring niggle man

Hail Sezer
03-02-14, 10:49 AM
Can anyone identify the try scorers?

TITAN PETE
03-02-14, 11:45 AM
Can anyone identify the try scorers?

Sam Grant, Jayden Conners & big Evander(think it was his 1st touch) were definates but not too sure of the rest..

Hail Sezer
03-02-14, 11:51 AM
Sam Grant, Jayden Conners & big Evander(think it was his 1st touch) were definates but not too sure of the rest..

Cheers Pete.

Pleased to hear it seems like we have an exciting fullback coming through :thumbsup:

lonegull
03-02-14, 11:55 AM
thanks for the information on the trial, hopefully it looks like we may be competitive this year in the NYC, looks like we have some attacking flair and soem big boppers (which is something that the titans have lacked SIZE).

Hopefully the titans will release a bit of information about the trial and hopefully a bit of a segment on titans TV would be good a few match highlights maybe

papi07
03-02-14, 12:45 PM
Hopefully they release a team sheet for this weeks trial against Broncos at Wynnum. They sat out a lot of players from yesterdays trial, so things are looking good from a fans perspective and competition for spots seems healthy

papi07
03-02-14, 12:46 PM
On a side note, some of the players from the MM Cup side that played yesterday against Tweed Colts (19/20s) would not look out of place in the NYC.

Hail Sezer
03-02-14, 12:51 PM
On a side note, some of the players from the MM Cup side that played yesterday against Tweed Colts (19/20s) would not look out of place in the NYC.

Thays awesome. Any names mate?

TITAN PETE
03-02-14, 01:13 PM

Very true & there were a couple of very large boys that played in the academy squad who looked very good & i was amazed to here they are only 16 :surprise: , i think Hail Sezar may know who they are as they are only new to Aus ..

papi07
03-02-14, 01:26 PM
Very true & there were a couple of very large boys that played in the academy squad who looked very good & i was amazed to here they are only 16 :surprise: , i think Hail Sezar may know who they are as they are only new to Aus ..

i think 7 or 8 of them have just come over from NZ and attending Coombabah High. But agree they were some big boys.

A large proportion of the MM side yesterday are still under 17 as well, and played in CC last year.

mdrew
03-02-14, 02:25 PM
They are all from the same area in NZ, seven in total have come over, four front rowers, a backrower, hooker and a half.

neranga
03-02-14, 03:26 PM
Hopefully they release a team sheet for this weeks trial against Broncos at Wynnum. They sat out a lot of players from yesterdays trial, so things are looking good from a fans perspective and competition for spots seems healthy

Hey mate any idea when the game is this week Saturday or Sunday?? and how many players were rested.

Hail Sezer
03-02-14, 05:05 PM
Hey mate any idea when the game is this week Saturday or Sunday?? and how many players were rested.

I'm fairly sure the trial match vs the Broncos is next weekend (same weekend as nines)

neranga
03-02-14, 05:12 PM
I'm fairly sure the trial match vs the Broncos is next weekend (same weekend as nines)

Cheers Hail Sezer.
:thumbsup:

Titanic
05-02-14, 02:21 AM
Is Kristian Woolf at the Broncos related to our NYC coach?

TITAN PETE
05-02-14, 10:08 AM
Is Kristian Woolf at the Broncos related to our NYC coach?

His brother

TitanBear
05-02-14, 12:06 PM
Just want to say gday to all on Forum, Looking fwd to the coming Season and Titans NRL & NYC have a great year, both squads have been training very hard and appears to be great spirit in Club, proud to be a Titans Supporter

TitanBear
05-02-14, 12:08 PM

Yes, NYC next trial is on Sat 15/1/14 v Broncos

TitanBear
07-02-14, 08:13 AM
Yes, NYC next trial is on Sat 15/1/14 v Broncos
Sorry, date should of read 15/2/14, but now not sure if game scheduled for Sat 15/2 or Sun 16/2, anyone know if Sat or Sun

DIEHARD
07-02-14, 09:04 PM
Just want to say gday to all on Forum, Looking fwd to the coming Season and Titans NRL & NYC have a great year, both squads have been training very hard and appears to be great spirit in Club, proud to be a Titans Supporter

Welcome to the forum TitanBear!

Are you a Burleigh fan? A Norths fan? Just a real bear?

TitanBear
07-02-14, 11:10 PM
Welcome to the forum TitanBear!

Are you a Burleigh fan? A Norths fan? Just a real bear?
Thanks, no just a Titans Fan & cmon footy season

papi07
08-02-14, 12:17 PM
I wonder when Woolf will cut his squad down. They have something like 40 odd players in squad at the moment. Surely they must have some idea of who their top 25 is?? Thoughts....

Must be tough on the 20 odd kids that will get cut soon after training since last November.

Hail Sezer
08-02-14, 12:26 PM
I wonder when Woolf will cut his squad down. They have something like 40 odd players in squad at the moment. Surely they must have some idea of who their top 25 is?? Thoughts....

Must be tough on the 20 odd kids that will get cut soon after training since last November.

Some have been cut and one in particular who I thought wouldve remained has been cut and is very disappointed. Harsh reality of it I suppose.

papi07
08-02-14, 12:41 PM
Some have been cut and one in particular who I thought wouldve remained has been cut and is very disappointed. Harsh reality of it I suppose.

Oh really, who was it??

neranga
08-02-14, 12:57 PM
Oh really, who was it??

Most of the kids we named were sent back??thats how much we know I suppose.Feel for everyone of them but hope they keep working hard and NOT GIVE UP..

papi07
08-02-14, 12:58 PM
Most of the kids we named were sent back??thats how much we know I suppose.Feel for eveyone of them but hope they keep working hard and NOT GIVE UP..

I know quite a few of the younger ones were sent back after new years to their respective MM Cup sides. Be interesting to see whos named for the next trial vs the Broncs...

Hail Sezer
08-02-14, 01:30 PM
Oh really, who was it??

Pm me. Rather not put it out there man, kids devastated

mdrew
09-02-14, 06:21 AM
Zac Spring was solid for Tweed colts against Souths Logan yesterday. Rory Humpheries also played in the game

papi07
09-02-14, 10:33 AM
Wynnum should be strong in MM Cup this year. Contracted Broncos will drop back from NYC to this team, and the likes of George Fai have moved from Souths Logan to Wynnum

mdrew
09-02-14, 10:44 AM
Yes the Bronco's boys will make a difference, but they will need to, Redcliffe bear them quite easily in a trial in MM. Both GC sides should be good value as well, which is great for all

Wynnum should be strong in MM Cup this year. Contracted Broncos will drop back from NYC to this team, and the likes of George Fai have moved from Souths Logan to Wynnum

papi07
09-02-14, 10:59 AM
Yes the Bronco's boys will make a difference, but they will need to, Redcliffe bear them quite easily in a trial in MM. Both GC sides should be good value as well, which is great for all

yea i heard redcliffe beat wynnum and norths belted ipswich..

do you know which players in this years mm cup to look out for or who will or could make the transition up to nyc at completion of mm

papi07
11-02-14, 04:43 PM
anyone know if the squad for this weekends trial vs broncs has been announced?? or got the inside scope lol

lonegull
11-02-14, 04:44 PM
Finally player profiles updates on titans website for NYC

neranga
13-02-14, 05:35 PM
I see the broncos 20s have picked close to there full strength team,I wish our lot would pull there heads out of the clouds and release our 20s squad for the trial!!!

Hail Sezer
13-02-14, 05:36 PM
I see the broncos 20s have picked close to there full strength team,I wish our lot would pull there heads out of the clouds and release our 20s squad for the trial!!!

I'll try get it...might be a chance

papi07
13-02-14, 08:48 PM

I'm itching to see the side as well.

papi07
14-02-14, 08:26 PM
any word on the team for thus weekend?

mdrew
16-02-14, 07:42 AM
Titans lost 22 14 to broncos

mdrew
16-02-14, 07:48 AM
I was not there but apparently we were very poor

TITAN PETE
16-02-14, 08:19 AM
The pleasing part was the Schwass boys played their 1st games together for Titans , a 1st for Club of having twins in a team :thumbsup:

Titanic
16-02-14, 10:28 AM
Good on them ... and now we can work towards triplets.

Hail Sezer
17-02-14, 01:55 PM
The pleasing part was the Schwass boys played their 1st games together for Titans , a 1st for Club of having twins in a team :thumbsup:

Apparently both played very well too

neranga
17-02-14, 01:59 PM
I was not there but apparently we were very poor

I talked to 1 of the broncos parents at Southport league club last night and he said the boys went quite well against a near full strength Broncos side.The penalty count was very lopsided and his boy said titans were tough and bombed a few tries.As well as chopping and changing players to lose by 8 aint that poor is it??Anyway Mdrew do we know if they play again before the season..

TitanBear
17-02-14, 07:32 PM
I attended trial game at Wynnum, and Titans squad acquitted themselves quite well for a trial and continual changes during game. 1st half was 16-0Broncs, but they were given a huge penalty count and scored tries from repeat sets, but Titan Lads tried their hearts out. 2nd half and Titans won 14-6, 1st 20 mins of 2nd half were 10-0. A good hitout for both teams and only a trial. lets be positive

Titanic
18-02-14, 02:22 AM
All match reports are subjective that's why we love the game and keeps us reading newspapers, etc ... trials are trials and let's just keep our fingers crossed for a better dig this year from the team. I have a good feeling about their direction but I doubt it will be rectified in a year.

mdrew
18-02-14, 08:09 AM
Titans play their final NYC trial this saturday at redlands against the storm, I will give an update afterwards.

Titanic
18-02-14, 01:47 PM
Titans play their final NYC trial this saturday at redlands against the storm, I will give an update afterwards.
HS set the bar pretty high with his reporting at the 9's so you've got your work cut out.

mdrew
19-02-14, 10:03 PM
Storm apparently will field a second string side on Saturday

mdrew
19-02-14, 10:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing Brian Kelly play this weekend he is similliar to David Mead from a style perspective. A real talent.

Hail Sezer
20-02-14, 06:10 AM
Looking forward to seeing Brian Kelly play this weekend he is similliar to David Mead from a style perspective. A real talent.

Mate do you know the full lineup?

All I know is that Jayden Connors is starting at fullback again

mdrew
20-02-14, 10:45 AM
no not the full line-up, but apparently it is going to be near full strength, hopefully for me it is, looking forward to seeing all four Titans games

Hail Sezer
20-02-14, 05:37 PM
Titans NYC coach Q&A

Pat McLeod

Thu 20th February, 04:03PM

The Gold Coast Titans Under 20s Holden Cup squad is this season under the direction of Ben Woolf. The 33-year-old former Burleigh Bears player cut his coaching teeth at the highly successful Gold Coast rugby league nursery – Keebra Park State High School. Here he outlines the preparation and expectation of the Titans National Youth Competition (NYC) team in 2014.

Q: How has the pre-season been for the Titans NYC squad?

A: We have played two trials – against Tweed Seagulls and then the Broncos NYC. We play Melbourne this weekend when we will cut the squad down to 20 players. Hopefully we will get Jahrome Hughes back on the field for this game. We will be a bit closer to what we will put out in round one. The first trial was good. We used a lot of our fringe players and they played really well, showing the depth in the squad. In the second trial we started quite slowly, showing the inexperience in the squad. The Broncos blew us off the park. But we responded well in the second half and ended up losing that one 22-14.

Q: What are you hoping for this weekend against the Storm?

A: I am after generally an improved performance. We need to improve around the ruck and in a couple of key areas where we have been practicing. We need a bit more of a composed effort from the boys and overall and a better performance leading into round one.

Q: As far as finals appearances go, the NYC has not been a happy hunting ground for the Titans. How do you hope to change that this year?

A: We are just hoping to build consistency in the way we play. Better efforts defensively and learning how to compete for longer lengths of time. We have been trying to emulate that through training. Hopefully if we have some success there we will be able to compete for the full 80 minutes.

Q: For yourself personally, how have you found the change and the learning curve from schoolboy football to NRL Under 20s?

A: It has been really good. The boys’ attitudes have been great. Their attitude and effort in training has been fantastic. The biggest challenge for me has been not only working with a big squad, but also trying to get the best out of the boys and teaching them to play football for those longer periods of time. Obviously being a lot longer season than a schoolboy comp, playing longer halves there is going to be a lot more injuries and consistency is going to be a lot more crucial.

Q: Keeping younger players switched on for 80 minutes is a big hurdle?

A: Yes, most have not had any experience playing 80-minute football so it is difficult. And often by the time they get that experience they are ready to move up into senior football, so it is hard to keep those experienced heads on the field.

Q: It is early days, but do you see future NRL players in your squad?

A: Yes definitely. There are a couple of guys that are going very well. We have already lost a couple to injury. But yes, I believe there a number that could push through and play NRL.

Q: Are there many locals in this squad?

A: Yes. There are a lot from the Gold Coast region as well as Ipswich and the Brisbane area. Most are from the South East Queensland area.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/02/20/titans_nyc_coach_q_a.html

mdrew
21-02-14, 01:27 PM
Eight Storm NYC eligible players have been named in eth Storm side to play in a trial against Easts Tigers on the weekend, so the storm will have a weaken side for the trial tomorrow

mdrew
22-02-14, 05:57 PM
Storm 34 titans 10 with five to go when I left

mdrew
22-02-14, 06:53 PM
We really did struggle in the game, Hayden Schwass did well in the second row, Jayden Connors did some good things at fullback in the 1st half, Caleb Moreahu made an impact when he came on. The brightest light in the game for me was Deacon Fletcher, playing at hooker. Jahrome Hughes limped off early in the second half with a groin injury, the physio seemed to think that it was not too bad, hopefully he will be fit for round one. Plenty of walking wounded boys there who did not play

neranga
24-02-14, 09:37 AM
I too watched the game before heading north for the weekend,I thought our Big forwards were the best for us.The backs on the other hand need alot of work IMO!!lot of drop ball that led to length of the field tries plus intercept tries.Im not sure how many players are injured but that cant have been close too full strength with the likes of Coleman,Palau,Fifita,Kelly,Hazard and co on the sidelines.I hope there combinations get better because they will need to be if they are going to compete this year.

Hail Sezer
24-02-14, 12:02 PM
Photo album of the first u20s trial vs tweed available here:

http://www.smpimages.com/gallery.php?mode=gallery&id=3280&page=1

TitanBear
12-03-14, 09:03 AM
The Titans Holden Cup side to play the Tigers is:
1 – Jahrome Hughes
2 - Brian Kelly
3 - Jaiden Hawkes
4 – Soape Palau
5 - Connor Broadhurst
6 - Kane Elgey (capt)
7 – Daniel Schwasss
8 - Oshea Tuiasau
9 - Deacon Fletcher
10 - Ethan Price
11 - Caleb Morehu
12 – Jackson Clarke
13 - Parahi Wilson
INTERCHANGE
15 - Perry Ioane
16 - Jackson Briskey-Luscombe
17 - Anthony Colman
18 – Hayden Schwass
19 – Jayden Conners
20 – Sam Harold
21 – Jenan Wedderburn-Parish
(NOTE: No. 14 jersey not allocated)

Wests Tigers NYC R1 Team
1. Sione Alofi
2. Delouise Hoeter
3. Marion Seve
4. Nathan Milone (c)
5. John Ogden
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Eli Levido
8. Dallas Graham
9. Manaia Cherrington
10. Lokeni Gavet
11. Salesi Funaki
12. Lamar Liolevave
13. Matthew Woods
Interchange
14. Leki Taumalolo
15. Andrew Kazzi
16. Jake Dooner
18. Tyler Cassell
19. Dwayne Lemafa
22. Tom Satterthwaite

TITAN PETE
12-03-14, 10:41 AM
The Titans Holden Cup side to play the Tigers is:
1 – Jahrome Hughes
2 - Brian Kelly
3 - Jaiden Hawkes
4 – Soape Palau
5 - Connor Broadhurst
6 - Kane Elgey (capt)
7 – Daniel Schwasss
8 - Oshea Tuiasau
9 - Deacon Fletcher
10 - Ethan Price
11 - Caleb Morehu
12 – Jackson Clarke
13 - Parahi Wilson
INTERCHANGE
15 - Perry Ioane
16 - Jackson Briskey-Luscombe
17 - Anthony Colman
18 – Hayden Schwass
19 – Jayden Conners
20 – Sam Harold
21 – Jenan Wedderburn-Parish
(NOTE: No. 14 jersey not allocated)

Wests Tigers NYC R1 Team
1. Sione Alofi
2. Delouise Hoeter
3. Marion Seve
4. Nathan Milone (c)
5. John Ogden
6. Te Maire Martin
7. Eli Levido
8. Dallas Graham
9. Manaia Cherrington
10. Lokeni Gavet
11. Salesi Funaki
12. Lamar Liolevave
13. Matthew Woods
Interchange
14. Leki Taumalolo
15. Andrew Kazzi
16. Jake Dooner
18. Tyler Cassell
19. Dwayne Lemafa
22. Tom Satterthwaite

The inclusion of Daniel Schwass will make a huge difference as Hazard should never have played last week only lasted 10 minutes before succumbing to his ankle injury & then Jahrome Hughes had to play 7 which is not his place, watch for Danial's brother Hayden to come off the bench & into the forwards he is jumping at the bit to get in the middle & the bloke can tackle..

Looking forward to a hot Sunday arvo of Footy just very happy to be sitting in the Western Stand :thumbsup:

TitanBear
12-03-14, 12:50 PM
FYI: Jahrome Hughes did not play v sharks, Jayden Connor was fullback & Hazard came off in 2nd half & Connor went to half & Hawke to fullback & Coleman to left Ctr. 1st half was 40-0 & both edges were brittle in defence against good attacking team, 2nd half much better from Titans & ended up 22-10.

TITAN PETE
12-03-14, 03:28 PM
FYI: Jahrome Hughes did not play v sharks, Jayden Connor was fullback & Hazard came off in 2nd half & Connor went to half & Hawke to fullback & Coleman to left Ctr. 1st half was 40-0 & both edges were brittle in defence against good attacking team, 2nd half much better from Titans & ended up 22-10.

Sorry mate got the wrong J :surprise:, he's no no7

This is a game that they should be very competitive & i'll be happy with a team that puts in week in week out , i don't expect a top 8 finish but look forward to a few players putting their hands up to be noticed..

DavidBouveng
12-03-14, 09:48 PM
The inclusion of Daniel Schwass will make a huge difference as Hazard should never have played last week only lasted 10 minutes before succumbing to his ankle injury & then Jahrome Hughes had to play 7 which is not his place, watch for Danial's brother Hayden to come off the bench & into the forwards he is jumping at the bit to get in the middle & the bloke can tackle..

Looking forward to a hot Sunday arvo of Footy just very happy to be sitting in the Western Stand :thumbsup:

Aside from his injury, how good is Hazard going to be? i have heard big things but havent seen him play. how would you compare him quality wise to Sezer or Alby? once he matures a bit more of course?

Hail Sezer
13-03-14, 06:23 AM
The lineup for this weekend vs the tigers has a few changes from the one on the website

Jenan parish will start at hooker, with deacon fletcher moving to 7 and daniel schwass to 6

Good halves pairing. Daniel is a cool head and very good controlling half. Deacon is an attacking freak. Jenan starting at hooker is impressive..he turned 18 like a month ago and is still at high school (PBC)

Hail Sezer
13-03-14, 06:28 AM
Also sam harrold in on the interchange with perry ioane omitted (unsure if injury)

Hail Sezer
17-03-14, 12:18 PM
Team had a rough game against the tigers, losing Soape Palau (cousin of Tevita and Israel Folau) in the first 10 minutes. They also lost five eighth Deacon Fletcher just after half time, meaning that we had to shift Hawkes to fullback and Jahrome came in at 6.

We had a few disallowed tries too. A good effort from an inexperienced side but obviously still needing to improve.

Hail Sezer
27-03-14, 01:50 PM
Team named to play vs the Cowboys on website is different from the team which will take the field.

Updated team list:

1. Hughes
2. Kelly
3. Hawkes
4. Broadhurst
5. Spring
6. Hazard
7. Fletcher
8. Oshae
9. JWP
10. Sharp
11. Morehu
12. Clarke
13. P. Wilson

15. Price
16. Briskey-Luscombe
17. Harrold
18. Humphreys

19. Elgey

Hail Sezer
21-04-14, 10:51 PM
The Team has been travelling what appears to be badly however by most reports and from what I've seen, there is actually a fair bit of promise there. We've lost a few close ones and the 20's teams we have played against are all generally strong.

Here are some highlights of Caleb Morehu - one of our second rowers. Promising future, plays an Elijah Taylor style game. Played Qcup for Burleigh last year for a few games too (before he had played holden cup).

Highlights courtesy of Player X:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BMpitBSPaps" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zzF7xBBAtiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hazard also features quite frequently in the videos. As does Jenan Parish (hooker) who is another promising player.

Hail Sezer
28-04-14, 12:21 PM
Congrats to the team yesterday for beating the Tigers at Leichardt. This team is starting to click.

Brian Kelly had a hatrick and other strong performers were Kane Elgey, Connor Broadhurst and Daniel Schwass.

The team will also be getting Francis Fafita back soon and Shaun Hudson will be available for selection as well. Soape Palau still needs to come back from injury as well so there are some good attacking options to come in to the team too.

MM cup is over as well for the GC teams (I think?) so a couple of boys, eg Sam Swift, will be available for u20 selection now too.

TitanBear
29-04-14, 09:02 AM
Yes, it was a great win and a result of a lot of hard work by whole team squad and Coaching Staff. There were good signs in their game against a full strength Penrith side, and was a tough game.
the left side of Elgey, Coleman, Broadhurst and Kelly had been excellent in last 2 weeks, with Coleman having great gaem against Panthers and Elgey having his best game this year against Tigers. Both Wingers have been very good and in fact all the team (17 players) were fantastic against the Tigers, who came at them in the 2nd half. Yes looks like we are starting to Click, but they have to keep up the hard work. :)
Congrats to the team yesterday for beating the Tigers at Leichardt. This team is starting to click.

Brian Kelly had a hatrick and other strong performers were Kane Elgey, Connor Broadhurst and Daniel Schwass.

The team will also be getting Francis Fafita back soon and Shaun Hudson will be available for selection as well. Soape Palau still needs to come back from injury as well so there are some good attacking options to come in to the team too.

MM cup is over as well for the GC teams (I think?) so a couple of boys, eg Sam Swift, will be available for u20 selection now too.

Hail Sezer
07-06-14, 08:02 AM
Christian Hazard out of todays game v Panthers, Daniel Schwass to come in

TITAN PETE
07-06-14, 08:13 AM
Christian Hazard out of todays game v Panthers, Daniel Schwass to come in

Big loss for the 20's but Dan is pumped for his chance to play his preferred position

mdrew
22-06-14, 02:36 PM
Another terrible performance from the NYC side, they are in all sorts of trouble. This will be sixth year in a row that we have finished either last or second last, shame Titans shame. Not suggesting that the boys are not trying hard but there are clearly some systemic problems with the Titans recruitment and development at the junior levels. Woolf should not be held out to complaint as this is his first year, but until the Titans take junior development seriously then the Gold Coast community will never embrace them.

Titanic
22-06-14, 02:56 PM
That's a pity but it never ceases to amaze me that U20 gets preference over a 2nd grade comp like QCup … until this is addressed the progression of players will always be faulty. mdrew, do or can our NYC players ever get picked into QCup teams not just when they get older?

mdrew
22-06-14, 03:00 PM
No mate they never have, unfortunately

That's a pity but it never ceases to amaze me that U20 gets preference over a 2nd grade comp like QCup … until this is addressed the progression of players will always be faulty. mdrew, do or can our NYC players ever get picked into QCup teams not just when they get older?

TitanBear
25-06-14, 09:45 AM
Yes MDrew it was a bad 2nd half performance (for the last 30 minutes) by some of the players, with bad decisions and one on one missed tackles, but St George are a good team. I have to say though that some of our players did step up and played themselves to a standstill and can hold their head high, (Hassard, Coleman, Sharp, Fletcher & Iodice (for 1st game) but other players just did not stand up and handle that 30 minute period in 2nd half. I still believe our 20s are a work in progress and are equal to any team in comp for only periods of a game & still have to learn to play 80 minutes. We still have 10 games to play & hopefully can get some wins and get up the ladder, Got to be positive.
I fully agree with Titanic and a great comment. All Sydney Clubs (NSW) virtually use their NSW Cup Team as a Reserve Grade and many of their good 20s are playing Reserve Grade for great experience. The Titans should be definitely following this pattern and our good 20s (who can handle the step up) should definitely be playing Instrust Cup games, that is how they improve playing against older good footballers and gain invaluable experience in that grade.
GO TITANS :)

isaiah
07-07-14, 05:50 PM
looking very much like they could actually win one

- - - Updated - - -

30-10 with 8 and a half to go

mdrew
07-07-14, 06:29 PM
Very good win 36-10 against Souths well done to the team

lonegull
07-07-14, 06:42 PM
Well done boys, hold your heads high

neranga
08-07-14, 09:51 AM
Good win boys keep working hard fight till the end!!Go Titans

TitanBear
09-07-14, 12:53 PM
Yes, I was at ANZ on monday and had pleasure of watching this Team, (where Coaching Staff and Players have been working very hard, including squad members that missed out on 17 squad) have an outstanding Win. Our Fowards were outstanding and backs finished of for trys. We outplayed Souths in every department and it was just great to sit back and watch this team click and play great football. Sharpe, Coleman, Clarke, Hazard were outstanding, especially Coleman. MDrew what is the background on this player, he was impressive. ps great to see Iodice and Hudson back on the field after their injuries, they went well, in fact all 17 players were fantastic, great to have some positives, GO TITANS.

mdrew
09-07-14, 04:54 PM
He is from the Ballina region of Northern NSW, and went to school at St Johns College Woodlawn, actually played one or two games in NYC late last year. A very good player.

Yes, I was at ANZ on monday and had pleasure of watching this Team, (where Coaching Staff and Players have been working very hard, including squad members that missed out on 17 squad) have an outstanding Win. Our Fowards were outstanding and backs finished of for trys. We outplayed Souths in every department and it was just great to sit back and watch this team click and play great football. Sharpe, Coleman, Clarke, Hazard were outstanding, especially Coleman. MDrew what is the background on this player, he was impressive. ps great to see Iodice and Hudson back on the field after their injuries, they went well, in fact all 17 players were fantastic, great to have some positives, GO TITANS.

Hail Sezer
09-07-14, 05:16 PM
Appreciate the comments guys, good to be kept updated like this. What position did Huddo play when he came on?

TitanBear
10-07-14, 08:03 AM
Appreciate the comments guys, good to be kept updated like this. What position did Huddo play when he came on?
Thanks MDrew, yes from what I have seen of him, I hope he gets some instrust cup experience late this year as well as some of our other good 20s players (Sydney Clubs are doing this already eg Penrith, Manly etc - finally using NSW Cup as Reserve Grade Learning Curve) and that he (+other good 20s) are put into NRL Squad next year for pre-season training etc)
Hudson played right centre late 1st half and most of 2nd half and went very well, scored good try, just needs game fitness but that will come. GO TITANS

Hail Sezer
15-07-14, 11:23 AM
This is the team I would like to see named to take on the knights:

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Brian Kelly
3. Connor Broadhurst
4. Shaun Hudson
5. Zac Spring
6. Christian Hazard
7. Kane Elgey
8. Francis Fafita
9. Deacon Fletcher
10. Mitch Sharp
11. Harrison Hughes
12. Anthony Coleman
13. Jackson Clarke

14. James Iodice
15. Caleb Morehu
16. Sam Swift
17. Karl Lawton

TITAN PETE
16-07-14, 08:43 AM
This is the team I would like to see named to take on the knights:

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Brian Kelly
3. Connor Broadhurst
4. Shaun Hudson
5. Zac Spring
6. Christian Hazard
7. Kane Elgey
8. Francis Fafita
9. Deacon Fletcher
10. Mitch Sharp
11. Harrison Hughes
12. Anthony Coleman
13. Jackson Clarke

14. James Iodice
15. Caleb Morehu
16. Sam Swift
17. Karl Lawton

Good team mate & i like the centre change , i also think Fletcher can feel Lawton breathing down his neck , he is playing great footy

Hail Sezer
16-07-14, 10:06 PM
Christian Hazard out for this weekend. Likely team will be:

1 – Jahrome Hughes (capt)

2 – Brian Kelly

3 - Jaiden Hawkes

4 – Connor Broadhurst

5 – Zac Spring

6 – Deacon Fletcher

7 – Kane Elgey (capt)

8 – Francis Fifita

9 - Karl Lawton

10 – Mitch Sharp

11 – Harrison Hughes

12 – Anthony Colman

13 – Jackson Clarke

INTERCHANGE

14 – James Iodice

15 – Caleb Morehu

16 – Shaun Hudson

18 – Jenan Parish

Deacon to 5/8, Lawton to 9 and Parish onto the bench

lonegull
16-07-14, 10:16 PM
Great news if Jenan is back, gee hazard suffers a lot with injury

Hail Sezer
19-07-14, 04:14 AM
Jenan out, Jayden Connors in.

Jenan playing A grade for Burleigh this weekend. Dont be surprised to see him in qcup soon

Hail Sezer
20-07-14, 10:19 AM
Huge test for u20s today against the competition leading Knights side. Hope they can hold their own

TITAN PETE
20-07-14, 11:21 AM
Looks like a crap day in Newcastle

Hail Sezer
20-07-14, 11:25 AM
They're gonna be targetting Hawkes all day.

TITAN PETE
20-07-14, 11:29 AM
Fifita looks to be enjoying himself :laugh:

Hail Sezer
20-07-14, 11:38 AM
Good work from Broadhurst and Jahrome doing what any good fullback does and backing up on the inside to score

Hail Sezer
20-07-14, 12:45 PM
As has been the case many times this year, errors and penalties have killed us

lonegull
20-07-14, 12:52 PM
The titans showed a lot of ticker today, just unlucky with a few errors and mistakes at costly times score in no way reflects the match, jahrome Hughes is waiting in the wings for first grade he is the heart and soul of the NYC side, one thing today and also last week for the people calling for hazard to be selected in first grade their is know way he is ready he is a long way off playing firsts

K2G
20-07-14, 12:59 PM
Yeah, Jarhome has really developed his game. Very impressed with his defense and support play today.
We we're unlucky to loose Fletcher early, but i thought young Lawton had a good game with some nice play through the middle.
Pretty disappointing result after last weeks effort, but i think this young team has the makings to go really well next year.

Hail Sezer
20-07-14, 01:02 PM
The titans showed a lot of ticker today, just unlucky with a few errors and mistakes at costly times score in no way reflects the match, jahrome Hughes is waiting in the wings for first grade he is the heart and soul of the NYC side, one thing today and also last week for the people calling for hazard to be selected in first grade their is know way he is ready he is a long way off playing firsts

Agree with what you've said, Hazard not close to NRL standard yet.

Jahrome on the other hand should be playing cup at this stage because he looked the most likely of the playing team to graduate to NRL. Was a bit guilty of trying to do too much at times but lets be honest, thats probably the best mistake a player could make at that grade.

Some positive performances, some poor errors did it for us though.

Loved seeing Jayden Connors out there..reminds me so much of Presto. Plays with so much heart and his toughness makes up for his size. If he'd been able to make that break off that quick tap where his collar got pulled and he got reeled back, I doubt they would have caught him. Interested to see how he develops physically - he's primarily a fullback.

Titanic
20-07-14, 01:27 PM
and the score was …. ?

Hail Sezer
20-07-14, 01:36 PM
and the score was …. ?

42-12 or something

Game was a lot closer than that suggests

charged2go
22-07-14, 02:36 PM
only changes to this weeks team is jayden connors out with brian kelly back on the wing :fight:

charged2go
22-07-14, 02:53 PM
looks like deacon fletcher is out with a rib injury suffered against the knights, which i believe will see lawton start at hooker and bring jenan onto the bench. However still up in the air and a few other injury concerns, will know more later in the week

Hail Sezer
22-07-14, 03:12 PM
looks like deacon fletcher is out with a rib injury suffered against the knights, which i believe will see lawton start at hooker and bring jenan onto the bench. However still up in the air and a few other injury concerns, will know more later in the week

Welcome to the forum Brah ;)

Would you happen to know who the other injury concerns may be?

charged2go
22-07-14, 03:16 PM
few guys getting scans, including fletcher... but from my communications there were a few people with the physio last night getting neck assessments such as hudson, j. hughes, h, hughes and hazard was with the physio as he is every week

TITAN PETE
22-07-14, 03:28 PM
few guys getting scans, including fletcher... but from my communications there were a few people with the physio last night getting neck assessments such as hudson, j. hughes, h, hughes and hazard was with the physio as he is every week

About time Hayden Schwass got a shot

charged2go
22-07-14, 03:35 PM
hayden played great for the bears colts by all reports on the weekend, first game back in 7 weeks and didnt look out of place or unfit... woolf needs to get some experience into the players he is looking at playing next year and maybe blooding some younger players and also pushing elgey, hazard, sharpe, and a few others up to qcup to get some experience under their belts

Hail Sezer
22-07-14, 03:44 PM
hayden played great for the bears colts by all reports on the weekend, first game back in 7 weeks and didnt look out of place or unfit... woolf needs to get some experience into the players he is looking at playing next year and maybe blooding some younger players and also pushing elgey, hazard, sharpe, and a few others up to qcup to get some experience under their belts

Heard his brother went alright too, bagged a double. How many is that in a row for Burleigh colts?

Agree with promotion. It's something our club needs to start doing to prepare them more for first grade. Sure, we may have to sacrifice some experienced players at u20s level but when you're in the position that we are, where you could pretty much name next years u20s team with our current squad, it should be a given.

Guys like Schwass bros inc., Connors, Humphreys, Swift should all be promoted and given sufficient time at 20s level this year to give them the best possible shot at it in 2015 as well as personal development

TITAN PETE
22-07-14, 03:49 PM
Heard his brother went alright too, bagged a double. How many is that in a row for Burleigh colts?

Agree with promotion. It's something our club needs to start doing to prepare them more for first grade. Sure, we may have to sacrifice some experienced players at u20s level but when you're in the position that we are, where you could pretty much name next years u20s team with our current squad, it should be a given.

Guys like Schwass bros inc., Connors, Humphreys, Swift should all be promoted and given sufficient time at 20s level this year to give them the best possible shot at it in 2015 as well as personal development

Dan played ok probably could've set Hayden up for a meat pie but there was no love there :thumbsup:, i spoke to Hayden after the game & it looked like he was trying to grow another twin from his forehead :zzzz:

Hail Sezer
22-07-14, 03:52 PM
Dan played ok probably could've set Hayden up for a meat pie but there was no love there :thumbsup:, i spoke to Hayden after the game & it looked like he was trying to grow another twin from his forehead :zzzz:

Dan probably tucked the ball and went for it himself, only to be held up by the smallest bloke on the field

charged2go
22-07-14, 03:52 PM
yeah he bagged himself a double, burleigh colts are 16 game wins in a row, haven't lost a game since round 3 and just played round 19 on sunday just gone against a tough wynum manly outfit. 4 points clear on top of the ladder with there toughest game of the season coming up in a few weeks against arch rivals redcliffe at redcliffe which will be a tough gig for the bears. however they are just building for finals at the moment. will definitely be a team to watch in the finals series and expecting a minor premiership if they win their next 2 against tweed (this weekend) and redcliffe (9th august) then a seemingly easy run into the finals with norths, souths and toowoomba i believe. burleigh has been blessed by woolf not selecting their key players all year such as the schwass bros, sam grant, connors and josh berkers also. all have had solid years at the bears and still going

TITAN PETE
22-07-14, 03:56 PM
Dan probably tucked the ball and went for it himself, only to be held up by the smallest bloke on the field

So u have seen him play a bit :thumbsup:

Shadow
22-07-14, 04:11 PM
I though the Schwass boys have had a run at the 20s Please correct me if I am wrong.
yeah he bagged himself a double, burleigh colts are 16 game wins in a row, haven't lost a game since round 3 and just played round 19 on sunday just gone against a tough wynum manly outfit. 4 points clear on top of the ladder with there toughest game of the season coming up in a few weeks against arch rivals redcliffe at redcliffe which will be a tough gig for the bears. however they are just building for finals at the moment. will definitely be a team to watch in the finals series and expecting a minor premiership if they win their next 2 against tweed (this weekend) and redcliffe (9th august) then a seemingly easy run into the finals with norths, souths and toowoomba i believe. burleigh has been blessed by woolf not selecting their key players all year such as the schwass bros, sam grant, connors and josh berkers also. all have had solid years at the bears and still going

Hail Sezer
22-07-14, 04:20 PM
I though the Schwass boys have had a run at the 20s Please correct me if I am wrong.

I think he means not enough for it to effect Burleighs run. ie not consistent selection, despite form warranting it (in my opinion).

lonegull
22-07-14, 04:28 PM

cheers mate, thanks for the info be good to see Jenan back oh and welcome to the forum

Hail Sezer
25-07-14, 05:30 PM
Deacon looking likely to play, however if he is injured during warmup then Lawton will play large minutes at hooker and its likely they'll just use a squad of 16.

The Eels team is very big and very good. Going to be tough

neranga
26-07-14, 07:24 PM
Great win boys!!wish I was home to watch you boys go round.GO TITANS!!!!

lonegull
26-07-14, 07:43 PM
Great win by the titans over the eels who we're sitting 2nd on the NYC table, a real confidence booster

Hail Sezer
26-07-14, 07:53 PM
I wish I couldve seen the game. Sounds like the team really came together well. Well done

TITAN PETE
26-07-14, 09:00 PM
It was a very good game & with the amount of Possesion Parra had the final score flattered them , I would love to get hold of John Folou he will cut the mustard

Hail Sezer
26-07-14, 09:09 PM
Can anyone who was there give an overview of the game? Who was good?

TitanBear
27-07-14, 04:28 PM
Can anyone who was there give an overview of the game? Who was good?
It was the Teams best performance of the year, Parra were a big and mobile team, but our team just stayed in the grind, and finished stronger that Parra. Our Defence, mainly being our attitude in Defence was outstanding and repelled many Parra raids. Our Attack was instigated by our 3 experienced players, being Elgey, Hazard & Jahrome Hughes with the rest of the Team feeding off them. Kelly & Coleman were also outstanding, with Coleman scoring early in half and then setting up Jahrome Hughes with deft pass. Elgey scored great runaway try from our own line. Hazard great in defence and attack. Iodice & Sharpe very strong in the guts. 2nd Half saw us overcome a strong Parra team and high penalty count to finish very strongly with two great finishing trys by Kelly. A Great Team Victory full of courage & ability. GO TITANS.
p.s imo John Folau (4) is a good player but did show vunerability in defence.

Titanic
27-07-14, 05:56 PM
and the score was .... ?

TITAN PETE
27-07-14, 06:04 PM
and the score was .... ?

Titans 36-26 , lead 22-12 @ halftime & 5 minutes into the 2nd half it was 22-22 , boys played well against much bigger opposition

charged2go
30-07-14, 12:36 PM
NYC side will go into this weeks clash with the cowboys with an unchanged line up providing some players pass fitness tests, harry hughes - hamstring, connor broadhurst - concussion. thats as far as i know at this stage of the week. the boys will train tonight as a full squad

charged2go
31-07-14, 09:53 PM
Jahrome Hughes has been ruled out of the cowboys clash this morning, Shaun Hudson will take his place at fullback and Josh berkers will come onto the bench to make his debut as a utility. Rest of the line up is the same, the boys fly out tomorrow at lunch time and are spending the night in Townsville, lets hope they can get up over the cowboys

Hail Sezer
31-07-14, 10:19 PM
Jahrome Hughes has been ruled out of the cowboys clash this morning, Shaun Hudson will take his place at fullback and Josh berkers will come onto the bench to make his debut as a utility. Rest of the line up is the same, the boys fly out tomorrow at lunch time and are spending the night in Townsville, lets hope they can get up over the cowboys

cheers mate, that's huge news. Appreciate the updates.

lonegull
01-08-14, 07:19 AM
Gee Jahrome is going to be a big loss he has been in great form and to me the team really realise heavily upon his leadership and direction, fingers crossed the boys get the win as they are starting to show real promise and its great to see the hard work is paying off for the young titans they have built a great attitude and to keep turning up and putting in 100% every week its great to see, next year could be a breakout year. Thanks once again to charged2go for the updates

TITAN PETE
01-08-14, 07:28 AM
Hudson won't let anyone down but Hughes has been the Titans best player this season

TitanBear
02-08-14, 08:58 AM
thanks for detailed update on Team for Cowboys, you must have a good contact in Team. Could you please give update on injured players being Parahi Wilson & Oshae Tuiasau (both very good players)
Jahrome Hughes is a loss to our team for his leadership and great play, but Hudson will be excellent replacement and imo Elgey & now Hazard have also been great leaders and playing in outstanding form, plus our back 3 forwards, Coleman, Hughes, Clarke (also Wilson when he was playing) have been outstanding and defence wise have been backbone of our team. big game today as our boys owe them one for last year up there. GO TITANS :)

Titan4Life
02-08-14, 04:57 PM
Unlucky to the U20 boys who lost 31-30 today. Late field goal sealed the win for the cowboys.

Titanic
02-08-14, 10:42 PM
Good effort but what a tragedy.

charged2go
03-08-14, 11:34 AM
parahi wilson and oshae are both out for the season, will be ready for pre season... jahrome should hopefully be back next week for the team... Harrison Hughes has come out of yesterdays with a shoulder injury i have been told, details im not 100% sure on but will find out more in the near future, other than that the team was disappointed with yesterdays loss and they played possibly their worst 40 minutes of the year in the first half of yesterdays game

Hail Sezer
06-08-14, 11:54 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10497266_668864163204238_2124273250138147885_o.jpg

charged2go
06-08-14, 12:35 PM
should be in titans colours

TitanBear
06-08-14, 12:59 PM
should be in titans colours Good Article, great to see 3 signed with Titans and all Good Players. just interested Charged, who would you drop from 20s side to play these lads

GCTTSD
06-08-14, 04:38 PM
Is there anyone from our under 20's who could make the nrl squad? I like the look of hughes and elegy

TITAN PETE
06-08-14, 07:28 PM
should be in titans colours

Both Pelo Boys :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
10-08-14, 05:44 PM
Round 22 ROOSTERS vs TITANS

ROOSTERS

1. Joseph Manu 2. Paul Momirovski 3. Brendan Elliott 4. Taane Milne 5. Jack Goodsell 6. Tyler Cornish 7. Jackson Hastings 8. Braeden Uele 9. Alex Thomas 10. Jokatama Dokonivalu 11. Vincent Leuluai 12. Willis Meehan 13. Jake Lewis
14. Grant Garvey 15. Mitchell Mamary 16. Piki Rogers 17. Alex Lyons 18. Addison Demetriou 20. Chevy Ellis

TITANS

1. Jahrome Hughes 2. Brian Kelly 3. Shaun Hudson 4. Connor Broadhurst 5. Zac Spring 6. Deacon Fletcher 7. Kane Elgey 8. James Iodice 9. Karl Lawton 10. Mitch Sharp 11. Jaiden Hawkes 12. Anthony Colman 13. Jackson Clarke
14. Ethan Price 15. Francis Fafita 16. Caleb Morehu 17. Joshua Berkers

mdrew
11-08-14, 05:44 PM
46 - 0 down after 46 minutes ouch

TITAN PETE
11-08-14, 06:16 PM
46 - 0 down after 46 minutes ouch

That's painful ....missing a few players this week but that's no excuse...

lonegull
11-08-14, 06:18 PM
Bit of a mini fight back in second half know 46 16

mdrew
12-08-14, 06:56 PM
Daniel Schwass named at 5/8 for Burleigh in QCup this week. Good to see

Hail Sezer
12-08-14, 07:34 PM

Well deserved. He's a good footy player for someone who struggles to bench the bar.

TITAN PETE
12-08-14, 07:45 PM

Well deserved. He's a good footy player for someone who struggles to bench the bar.

Minor premiership wrapped up for the Colts so he gets his 1st shot against the big boys, well done mate but I know he'll be pissed off about missing out on watching his brother Nathan who is playing in the Powerguard Grand Final @ Southport at the same time as Burleigh plays..

charged2go
13-08-14, 11:58 AM
rumour has it that your workout is his warm up...?

- - - Updated - - -

this will be daniel's 3rd game of qld, 1st game of season 2014... Jake Hughes #13 (brother of Harry Hughes) is also making his debut for the bears

Hail Sezer
13-08-14, 12:54 PM

- - - Updated - - -

this will be daniel's 3rd game of qld, 1st game of season 2014... Jake Hughes #13 (brother of Harry Hughes) is also making his debut for the bears

Sorry mate im trying to read your post but my massive chest is obstructing my view

TITAN PETE
13-08-14, 09:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry mate im trying to read your post but my massive chest is obstructing my view

Do you boys want some Privacy :eyebrows:

mdrew
15-08-14, 03:37 PM
Interesting to see how the U20 open trials go on 11 October. We may unearth some gems you never know. I will be there to watch

lonegull
15-08-14, 03:46 PM
Interesting to see how the U20 open trials go on 11 October. We may unearth some gems you never know. I will be there to watch

Cheers mate, an update would be great to see if their are any talent that you may have spotted

Hail Sezer
16-08-14, 11:14 AM
Congratulations to Jahrome Hughes who has been promoted to Qcup to play for Tweed this weekend.

That will see Jayden Connors come in to the U20's side at fullback.

lonegull
16-08-14, 04:08 PM
Congratulations to Jahrome Hughes who has been promoted to Qcup to play for Tweed this weekend.

That will see Jayden Connors come in to the U20's side at fullback.

Well deserved great to see

TitanBear
19-08-14, 08:42 AM
Congratulations to the young Titans 20s on a great reversal of form and attain an outstanding team win v Manly, especially after the tough previous game v roosters (who were at full strength for that game to get 4th spot), where for 46 mins they were down 46-0, (34-0 at half time) then dug in and showed great heart and did not left Roosters score again from 46 min, and they won 2nd half, 16-12. Too many mistakes in that game as they only comleted 3 sets in 1st half and attitude in defence initially was not there. THEN out they come on Sunday for home game and were just outstanding and had their biggest win of the Season. (They played with 16 men, as Fifita was injured in his first run) All played really well, but I have to single out Connors & Coleman for outstanding games. A big game this week against a very good Saints team, but this Titans Team is a good Team and just have to believe, stick solid to their Coaches game plan and have Strong Attitude in Defence for 80 Minutes (this is where most NYC teams have lapses - a mental thing) GO TITANS

mdrew
19-08-14, 04:53 PM
Great to see Sam Swift on an extended bench this week. A real up and coming talent for the Titans. Also to Sam Grant, who has been playing well in QCup colts, a fitting reward

TitanBear
19-08-14, 10:52 PM
Great to see Sam Swift on an extended bench this week. A real up and coming talent for the Titans. Also to Sam Grant, who has been playing well in QCup colts, a fitting reward I note that in the Instrust Cup Teams for this week, Rd 25, Jahrome Hughes is Fullback again for Tweed Heads & Caleb Morehu has been selected for Burleigh Bears at Lock + Dan Schwass retained his position at 6, therefore Sam Swift & Sam Grant will be in the 17 off the bench and Jayden Connors starts at Fullback for 20s, good to see all round + GO TITANS

lonegull
31-08-14, 11:53 AM
Just watching the game against the warriors, gee Brian Kelly
Reminds me so much of a young David mead, he has some silky skills

TITAN PETE
31-08-14, 12:03 PM
Just watching the game against the warriors, gee Brian Kelly
Reminds me so much of a young David mead, he has some silky skills

He looks much bigger than Dave but there's a nice bit of skill being shown out there early in the match , Hudson is looking good ATM

TITAN PETE
31-08-14, 12:15 PM
What a shame Hudson can't tackle

lonegull
31-08-14, 12:24 PM
Great first half by the boys gee their composure is great and they are really sticking it to the big warriors side

Hail Sezer
31-08-14, 12:32 PM
What a shame Hudson can't tackle

Hes doing pretty well considering who hes marking lol

Hail Sezer
31-08-14, 01:09 PM
This warriors team is a mile bigger than us, we have done pretty well I reckon. Promising signs

Hail Sezer
02-09-14, 09:46 AM
Congratulations to Kane Elgey who has been named in the NYC team of the year. A huge achievement considering some of the halves who missed out.

Hail Sezer
02-09-14, 12:13 PM
A bit of a review of the 20's game from the weekend. Have watched it twice now that from being there and also watching a replay on TV.

First of all, the size difference was unbelievable. That warriors team was bigger than us in every single position by a fair margin as well. The fact that we could front up physically was huge. Poor Huddo had Solomone Kata running at him..Solomone would look big in NRL and besides that 1 on 1 miss, Huddo did pretty well really and didn't back down. Warriors also pulled down Hukatai from NSW cup and Broadhurst did a good job on him too.

In my opinion our best player was Jayden Connors. The work he did off the ball as well was instrumental to our defence..barking orders from the back. He looked to get involved in absolutely everything and showed plenty of class on attack and was the one who looked most likely to create anything. Also was incredibly active in support play, following up through the middle and getting a few offloads and half breaks as a consequence. Was nice to see that from a fullback in a Titans jersey. Didn't back down in defence either. For a bloke who is 73kg, he fronts up. Presto-esque. Comes from Tingha as well, funnily enough.

Brian Kelly was another who performed well, safe under the high ball and made good metres to get our sets going. A few have said that he is similar to Mead in his playing style, which is interesting considering that Mead is actually his favourite athlete and he bases his game around him.

Elgey and Deacon performed solid as usual, although the Warriors did target Elgey by rushing on him a lot so he got caught with the ball a few times.

I thought Hayden Schwass went well considering it was his first game in the second row at that level. He added some size to our pack and made some good metres too. Iodice is another who is instrumental to our pack - he's a solid bloke who runs hard and straight.

It's tough to go through every player but I thought there were some really promising signs. We've got some talent coming through, particularly in the backs and I hope that we get to see those players develop.

Of course there were some poor performers..but I'd rather not name them on here and keep it positive. Looking forward to NYC 2015. We're gonna have a strong spine of Lawton/Parrish, Schwass, Fletcher and Connors (if i were to guess it now)

Hope the boys can get the job done against the bulldogs this weekend to finish the season on a high note.

lonegull
02-09-14, 12:38 PM
Hail Sezer totally agree with your review, and I have to make mention on how good Jayden was at the back, he is so presto like goes at 100 mile an hours and play well above his weight actually triple above his weight, he added plenty of spark around the ruck and you could see him barking the orders.