PDA

View Full Version : Round 26: Melbourne Storm vs Gold Coast Titans

Boofhead
01-09-13, 09:31 PM
Melbourne Storm vs Gold Coast Titans
5:30pm Saturday 7 September 2013 - AAMI Park

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2012/03/17/1226302/606595-titans-v-storm.jpg

TITAN PETE
01-09-13, 10:25 PM
The plus side in this match is we play before any of the other games are played so the team can go out there like they are playing to make the 8 & then the pressure is turned back on the Cows, there's just a flicker of hope but I'll grab onto it for another week..:?)

Titanic
01-09-13, 10:33 PM
Is the big hairy goat back this week or is that an ambush too?

teke
02-09-13, 02:40 AM
If the titans can cripple one of the big three for the semis I will consider this yr a success (from a manly fans perspective of course) :D

Boofhead
02-09-13, 10:21 AM
Training this week should consist of watching the tapes of 2009's win against Melbourne over and over again. :fight:

Boofhead
02-09-13, 11:49 AM
Gutsy win hailed as Titans' best
Emma Greenwood | September 2 2013, 07:53am

THE Titans are confident yesterday's Miracle at Moore Park will not be their final act of the season, adamant they can cause another boilover to force their way into the NRL finals after arguably the best win in club history.

But they are likely to head into Saturday's must-win clash against defending premiers Melbourne without co-captain Nate Myles, who limped out of Allianz Stadium on crutches last night after badly rolling his left ankle in a tackle that left Roosters front-rower Sam Moa on report.

Myles had MRI scans immediately after the match and while the results are not yet known, he has a suspected ankle syndesmosis injury and could be out for the remainder of the season.

The Titans are in a four-way race with Newcastle, the Cowboys and Warriors for the last two finals positions.

The Knights (27 points) and Cowboys (26) will seal the final two spots if they win, with the Titans (26) needing to beat Melbourne on Saturday and hope for a Newcastle or North Queensland loss.

The Warriors (26) are long shots, needing to win their final match against the Dragons and have two of the other three in contention lose.

"We can definitely back up. It'll definitely be our last game if we don't, so we might as well give it everything we've got."

Bailey left the ground with his foot in a moon boot with his ankle having swollen badly after his first game back from injury, but hopes to be available for the Storm game.

Full Article: http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/09/02/457298_gold-coast-titans.html

Toads
02-09-13, 02:36 PM
Gutsy win hailed as Titans' best
Emma Greenwood | September 2 2013, 07:53am

C'mon Emma, that's a fair bit of a stretch. The Rooters were dreadful 'n the Lads put in reasonable effort to keep them at bay.

If that's the scenario we need to play out to achieve our best, then we are indeed in a lot of trouble.

A good game, yes. Our best effort to date, I'd hardly think so..

Boofhead
02-09-13, 02:42 PM
The Rehab Ward - Round 26
Monday 2 September 2013, 8:51 AM

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/The-Rehab-Ward--Round-26/83448)

On this week's episode of The Rehab Ward we receive injury updates on Nate Myles, David Mead, Luke Bailey, Luke O'Dwyer and Jamal Idris.

Myles injured an ankle in Sunday's win over the Sydney Roosters and will be racing the clock to be fit for this weekend's trip to Melbourne, with the Titans needing a win to have any chance of playing finals football.

To view this week's episode simply press play in the viewer above.

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/The-Rehab-Ward--Round-26/83448

Supergoose
03-09-13, 01:10 AM
So what will the side be later today?

1. Kevin Gordon
2. Steve Michaels
3. Brad Takairangi
4. TBC (Jordan Atkins)
5. Anthony Don
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Albert Kelly
8. Luke Douglas
9. Beau Falloon
10. Ryan James
11. Ben Ridge
12. Greg Bird
13. Luke Bailey

14. Mark Ioane
15. Dave Taylor
16. Jamie Dowling
17. Matt Srama

Boofhead
03-09-13, 09:04 AM
I know people think we should rest Idris, but if he is anywhere near 100% fit he should at least start off the bench for this game.

Could well prove the difference.

Off the back of the Tigers and Eels games last week, it is a real possibility one of them could spring an upset.

Birdman
03-09-13, 09:15 AM
Am somewhat looking forward to this game, any of you guys down or will be coming down to watch the game?

C-Whiz
03-09-13, 10:32 AM
Off the back of the Tigers and Eels games last week, it is a real possibility one of them could spring an upset.Eels have no chance away, but if Titans get up, I will be riding the Tigers very hard.

Boofhead
03-09-13, 10:37 AM
Eels have no chance away, but if Titans get up, I will be riding the Tigers very hard.

Hayne Plane Train Crane to have a blinder.

C-Whiz
03-09-13, 11:07 AM
Hayne Plane Train Crane to have a blinder.haha, speaking of "blinders", this is the sort of determination we will need to show to beat the Storm.

And hopefully they will play with the same amount of co-ordination.

The video stops as he goes around the corner, stick with it until he gets to the fridge. It just gets better.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xPRGh1Zp2po" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPRGh1Zp2po&feature=player_embedded

Hail Sezer
03-09-13, 01:24 PM
Looking forward to the Maurice Blair vs Taka battle when we play the storm this weekend.

timor 2
03-09-13, 01:45 PM
The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named an unchanged 18-man squad for Saturday night’s season-defining match against the Melbourne Storm at AAMI Park.

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright has named Co-Captain Nate Myles in the side in the hope he will overcome an ankle injury suffered during last Sunday’s upset win over the Sydney Roosters.

Myles has been cleared of serious ankle damage and will attempt to prove his fitness later on in the week when the team travels to Melbourne.

Prop Mark Ioane has again been named as 18th man on an extended five-man interchange bench.

In order to qualify for the finals, the ninth-placed Titans must win the match and then rely on either losses to Newcastle (seventh) or the Cowboys (eighth) in their games on Saturday night and Sunday respectively.

Prop Luke Douglas will create NRL history on Saturday night when he equals Jason Taylor’s rugby league record for most consecutive NRL games with 194 straight appearances.

iSelect Titans vs Storm
Saturday, September 7
5.30pm, AAMI Park

1 Kevin Gordon
2 Steve Michaels
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jordan Atkins
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Ryan James

11 Greg Bird
12 Ben Ridge
13 Nate Myles
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Jamie Dowling
17 Matt Srama
18 Mark Ioane

Boofhead
03-09-13, 03:30 PM
Refs: Hayne/Morris; Vid: Ward/Morgan

Toads
03-09-13, 03:46 PM
In order to qualify for the finals, the ninth-placed Titans must win the match and then rely on either losses to Newcastle (seventh) or the Cowboys (eighth) in their games on Saturday night and Sunday respectively.

It'd be a pretty safe bet that the Cowboys aren't going to relinquish a win to the West Tigers too easily. Possibly being the last Home Game of the year, as well as Mango 'n Co's send off. You can count on them giving it their all.

Tatey thrives on this ****. :p

TITAN PETE
03-09-13, 07:15 PM
Storm
1 Billy Slater
2 Sisa Waqa
3 Will Chambers
4 Maurice Blair
5 Justin O'Neill
6 Brett Finch
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 Cameron Smith (c)
10 Bryan Norrie
11 Kevin Proctor
12 Ryan Hoffman
13 Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange
14 Jason Ryles
15 Tohu Harris
16 Jordan McLean
17 Kenny Bromwich
18 Tim Glasby

Coach: Craig Bellamy

TITAN PETE
03-09-13, 07:18 PM
The Storm are feeling vulnerable to field their best side in this match , they are looking for some confidence going into the semi's after getting toweled lately, I hope the boys put in a big effort for our last match of the season..

C-Whiz
03-09-13, 08:01 PM
The Storm are feeling vulnerable to field their best side in this match , they are looking for some confidence going into the semi's after getting toweled lately, I hope the boys put in a big effort for our last match of the season..And/or they have a few new plays that they want to practice before taking them into the finals.

I too am hoping for us to play like our season depends on it. Same as last 2 weeks. It's not over! :thumbsup:

I had us as no chance last week, the boys should EVERYONE what they are capable of. I have a lot more faith this week. :salute:

Pete, you going to watch it at Tallai? Thinking about heading up for the double, Titans then Cows/Tigers.

hatchy84
03-09-13, 08:06 PM
If myles is out Taylor has to start

hatchy84
03-09-13, 08:06 PM
Bird to lock

TITAN PETE
03-09-13, 08:45 PM
And/or they have a few new plays that they want to practice before taking them into the finals.

I too am hoping for us to play like our season depends on it. Same as last 2 weeks. It's not over! :thumbsup:

I had us as no chance last week, the boys should EVERYONE what they are capable of. I have a lot more faith this week. :salute:

Pete, you going to watch it at Tallai? Thinking about heading up for the double, Titans then Cows/Tigers.

Yes mate & should have a previous employee with me ;)

DavidBouveng
03-09-13, 09:34 PM
Yes mate & should have a previous employee with me ;)

The previous employee mentioned you guys were having a hit and to join in if i could. i am working at least the morning on sunday, what time were u hitting off?

Coaster
03-09-13, 09:43 PM
Carefull.
If there is too many it will be classed as a gang.

TITAN PETE
04-09-13, 06:18 AM
The previous employee mentioned you guys were having a hit and to join in if i could. i am working at least the morning on sunday, what time were u hitting off?

Saturday arvo :D

C-Whiz
04-09-13, 07:20 AM
The previous employee mentioned you guys were having a hit and to join in if i could.
i am working at least the morning on sunday, what time were u hitting off?

Saturday arvo :D

DB, I've seen you play golf, so I understand your concern, but it's only a short course mate.
You should be finished before you start work on Sunday. :p

I'm working Saturday, but might be able to organise an arvo job at the club. :D
If I was invited to play, that is.... :?)

shamus
04-09-13, 12:09 PM
DB, I've seen you play golf, so I understand your concern, but it's only a short course mate.
You should be finished before you start work on Sunday. :p

:laugh:

I'm working Saturday, but might be able to organise an arvo job at the club. :D
If I was invited to play, that is.... :?)

Mate, I am just gunna lob and plead ignorance. I am a paid up Tallai member so will just use the excuse that I am there for my weekly hit.

P.S. Hey C-Whiz...u want me to 'jam' a few machines to make sure you get the call?

Boofhead
04-09-13, 02:37 PM
Storm v Titans preview
Ben Blaschke | Wed 4th September, 11:30am

Storm v Titans
AAMI Park
Saturday 5.30pm

A week ago it looked like the finals puzzle had just about sorted itself out. But a raft of totally unexpected results in Round 25 have thrown more than a spanner or two in the works – and these two clubs were right at the heart of the action.

Melbourne’s form over the past month has been irresistible. The reigning premiers had shaken off a post-Origin slump to hit top gear and when they piled on 62 points against hapless Parramatta a fortnight ago it seemed little could top them. Then Manly tore them apart at Brookvale and suddenly their title defence is looking a tad shaky.

Conversely, the injury-ravaged Titans remained a mathematical chance of reaching the finals but with games against the Sydney Roosters and the Storm to close out their year it seemed they were no hope… until they caused the upset of the year in knocking off the Roosters last Sunday afternoon. Suddenly they can sniff the top eight and head into this week’s clash with their entire season on the line. That’s quite a bit of incentive.

The Gold Coast have been wildly inconsistent in 2013 – much of it out of their control, some of it not – yet they showed last weekend that when they put their heads down they can be mighty difficult to stop. Big Dave Taylor turned in a stellar performance against the Roosters and his old Queensland teammates at the Storm will have noted his sudden return to top form.

The problem for John Cartwright’s men is that they are relying on other results if they are to realistically sneak into the finals. With a for-and-against that is 68 points worse than North Queensland above them, they need either the Cowboys to lose to Wests Tigers in Townsville or the Knights to lose to Parramatta in Newcastle for a win to be enough. Otherwise they’ll need to beat Melbourne by at least 70-odd to make it. Unlikely!

Melbourne find themselves in the interesting position of sitting on exactly the same points and with an identical for-and-against to Manly, so their result and potentially the margin of it will determine whether they play South Sydney or Sydney Roosters in Week One of the finals.

However, of more importance to coach Craig Bellamy will be his boys putting in a good performance both to put the ghosts of their heavy loss to the Sea Eagles behind them and to enter the finals on the right note.

Last year they embarked on an eight-game winning run to take the title. They don’t have that luxury in 2013 so they’ll have to start from scratch this week.

Melbourne have named the same side that lost to Manly last week, with Tim Glasby again 18th man.

The Titans are also going in with the same 17, Mark Ioane their 18th man.

Storm captain Cameron Smith requires just four points to become just the 10th man to score 1500 points for one club. The Storm average 28.4 points at home in 2013 and can make it 10 home wins for the fifth time in eight years should they prevail this week.

Watch Out Storm: Melbourne can go a long way towards shutting down the Titans’ attack by cutting out their offloads. The Gold Coast rank equal second in the NRL for total offloads in 2013 with an average 11.5 per game, while they have made more line-breaks directly from offloads than any other side with 18. Not surprisingly, Dave Taylor is the main man with 37 offloads for the year.

Notably, however, the Storm actually concede fewer offloads than any other side, with just eight per game.

Watch Out Titans: The Gold Coast will need to have their kicking game on song because Melbourne are the best side in the competition at defusing attacking kicks. They boast a success rate of 75 per cent in 2013 with 138 of 183 kicks successfully defused. That includes 32 of 40 grubbers (80 per cent), 47 of 55 bombs (85 per cent) and eight of 10 mid-field bombs (80 per cent).

Plays To Watch: Although soundly beaten by Manly last week, Melbourne did score a superb try off one of their long-term favourite plays, with Cameron Smith going right from dummy-half to Cooper Cronk who quickly found a flying Billy Slater looming up on the inside to race through. This play has been successful for many years for Melbourne but although rivals are all too aware of it, they continue to fail to stop it.

Key Match-Up: Cooper Cronk v Albert Kelly. The best halfback in the game lines up against one of the NRL’s most exciting talents. Cronk with his brilliant kicking game and beautifully structured passing game is a key part of Melbourne’s attack while Kelly plays more off the cuff and relies on his speed to take advantage of an opportunity that might present itself. They will present an interesting contrast on Saturday.

Where It Will Be Won: Defence is the key. Can the Gold Coast stop Melbourne’s big guns who will be on a mission to make amends for their heavy loss to Manly last week? And what will the Storm do about the Gold Coast’s offloading ability? When on song the Titans can throw plenty at you. Defensive application will be vital.

The History: Played 10; Storm 6, Titans 4. The Gold Coast have just one win from five games in Melbourne and have conceded 164 points in that time. They will be looking to beat the Storm twice in a season for the first time.

Match Officials: Referees – Shayne Hayne & Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials – Luke Potter & Adam Reid; Video Referees – Chris Ward & Justin Morgan.

NRL Live 2013 App: Gives you access to every NRL game this season on your iPhone or Android smartphone as it’s being broadcast on TV, with up to six live games each week including the Storm v Titans clash. Plus latest live scores, breaking news, comprehensive match highlights and full match replays.

Televised: Fox Sports 1 – Live, 5.30pm.

The Way We See It: The Titans were exceptional against the Roosters last week but we think they face a much tougher test in Melbourne. The Storm ran into a red-hot Sea Eagles last week but back on home soil and no doubt with the sound of a Craig Bellamy blast still ringing in their ears, they should be back to their best. Storm by 12 points.

http://www.nrl.com/storm-v-titans-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/74438/default.aspx?pid=nrlhome_focus

teke
04-09-13, 02:48 PM
Anyone here thinks we have even a slight chance ?

I think a comfortable 20 drubbing is coming up

hatchy84
04-09-13, 06:10 PM
I think we can win more to play for

TITAN FAN
04-09-13, 07:53 PM
To have a crack they ALL need to turn up to play
They had the mungrel and desire to win against the dogs and the roosters
They need to bring that same mungrel and desire to Melbourne

It was reported the Melbourne side will still have there ears ringing from the Coaches spray so they will be on top of there game

My concern is the Refs being one sided storms way

Toads
04-09-13, 08:48 PM
To have a crack they ALL need to turn up to play
They had the mungrel and desire to win against the dogs and the roosters
They need to bring that same mungrel and desire to Melbourne

It was reported the Melbourne side will still have there ears ringing from the Coaches spray so they will be on top of there game

My concern is the Refs being one sided storms way

That definitely is of some concern, especially in Melbourne.

C-Whiz
04-09-13, 09:31 PM
Anyone here thinks we have even a slight chance ?

I think a comfortable 20 drubbing is coming upFunny, hey, I thought we would be a bit embarrassed by Rooters, yet we came out on top, and I am hoping Storm are saving themselves for finals. I honestly can't see them wanting/needing to prove anything against us. I know they will want to win, but I hope we have the same desire we showed over the past couple of weeks and they lose the will to contest a battle for no relative gain.

I'm a lot more excited about this game than I was about Sundays. :thumbsup:

TITAN FAN
05-09-13, 07:03 AM
Ballany will be DESPERATE to win against a Titans riddled injury side

A defeat against the titans will have his usual spray a full blast hosing

knowing how he dwells on any defeat he will be our there to WIN the game

the big three are not being rested for that reason in my view

Steve
05-09-13, 07:25 AM
Storm would have been a little more complacent if we didn't beat the roosters, but that said, they probably still don't see us as a threat, so that'll work in our favour.

While the season is dead, would be nice to go out on a win.

Titanic
05-09-13, 10:23 AM
Good luck lads but not holding my breath, next season is too far away.

Coaster
05-09-13, 10:59 AM
Storm nearly beat us at home with an under 20's team.

After that game Kev Walters predicted we would lose by plenty against the Knights, he was right. The knights exposed us on the edges after smashing us up the middle.

The Storm have no doubt about how they will play us. I do not see anything even last week against the roosters to suggest we have a clue about any other way of playing other than "Grind".

I expect us to be in the game for first 30 min (maybe in front), and Storm to kick away after getting 10 in front early second half.

Storm by 20+

Boofhead
05-09-13, 11:22 AM
Not to mention the big three will be trying to rake up as many Dally M points as possible. They won't be easing up.

Nick
05-09-13, 11:43 AM
I am remaining hopeful.. some punters see us as a small hope, we have come in from $8 down to $6.75 on Tatts.

I really dont care if they win or not, as long as they try their asses off the entire game.

teke
05-09-13, 02:13 PM
Im predicting we will be held to zero

TITAN PETE
05-09-13, 02:30 PM
Im predicting we will be held to zero

Think we will cop our biggest flogging in years :?)

TITAN FAN
05-09-13, 03:18 PM
HOPE NOT !!!

Toads
05-09-13, 03:53 PM
I am remaining hopeful.. some punters see us as a small hope, we have come in from $8 down to $6.75 on Tatts.

I really dont care if they win or not, as long as they try their asses off the entire game.

Same here, Mate. Result means nothing to me this round , because we wont make the Finals anyway. Knights aren't going to fold to the Eels 'n I can't see the Cowboys rolling over for West Tigers.

So that only leaves me to hope that the Lads play their hearts out, no matter the final result. Just as long as they don't dish up crap like we seen around the Darwin Round.

Geeman
05-09-13, 04:19 PM

Agreed, the season is done, really, so as long as they show up and give it everything, I will finish the season reasonably happy. Pride in the jersey, boys :fight:

Mexican titan
05-09-13, 09:52 PM
Agreed, the season is done, really, so as long as they show up and give it everything, I will finish the season reasonably happy. Pride in the jersey, boys :fight:

Well I will not finish the season reasonably happy and anyone that is is happy with mediocrity. This side on paper should have been well inside the eight and while the last few weeks have been a good ride it is covering up the generally poor standard of play throughout the year.
As many have said week after week it has been the same old 5 hit ups followed by a poor standard kick in most games. There have been few exceptions and we have badly under performed overall.
The sad thing about the last couple of weeks is that pressure has been taken off the coaching staff. Even scraping in to the 8 will not or would not have been good enough.

Blade07
06-09-13, 07:03 AM
We've got enough injuries are you forgetting
I think we've done we'll for the team we have got available

Mr Stupid
06-09-13, 07:15 AM
Well I will not finish the season reasonably happy and anyone that is is happy with mediocrity. This side on paper should have been well inside the eight and while the last few weeks have been a good ride it is covering up the generally poor standard of play throughout the year.
As many have said week after week it has been the same old 5 hit ups followed by a poor standard kick in most games. There have been few exceptions and we have badly under performed overall.
The sad thing about the last couple of weeks is that pressure has been taken off the coaching staff. Even scraping in to the 8 will not or would not have been good enough.

I agree. On the Game Plan from a question about pressure on coaches Carty basically says he blocks all the criticism out and gets on with what he knows best. This a typical response. I want to hear that the coaching is continual open to change and innovation. This is a great squad stagnating under current coach.

DavidBouveng
06-09-13, 07:36 AM
We've got enough injuries are you forgetting
I think we've done we'll for the team we have got available

It was in the middle of the season when we had our full team available that we let this season slip away with chit losses to broncs and other average teams.

Boofhead
06-09-13, 09:58 AM
I blame Jordan Rankin for us missing the 8. :thumbsup:

Bookies have shortened us again. $5.50 with TAB now.

Boofhead
06-09-13, 11:34 AM
Cronulla and Manly have come out saying they are resting players.

Come on Bellamy, get on board mate!

gotitans101_
06-09-13, 02:07 PM
I don't think it will matter tbh. The Cows aren't losing to the Tigers.

Boofhead
06-09-13, 02:12 PM
I don't think it will matter tbh. The Cows aren't losing to the Tigers.

Will be closer than what you think.

hatchy84
06-09-13, 04:17 PM
Benji last game they did it for Scott last night cows are due for a loss. A man can dream can't he

Geeman
06-09-13, 05:27 PM
It's all well and good saying with the roster we have...
There are a few other teams fighting to make the 8 that can be saying the same thing. We all know where the problem lies, and we all know that that isn't changing in a hurry. Yes, it is a shame that our last handful of games take the spotlight off Carty, but at least we didn't have to dismiss our top 8 hopes a few weeks ago. Its the way the boys have played in the last couple of weeks, with a bit of ticker, that I am reasonably happy about.

Ryan
06-09-13, 10:07 PM
If Melbourne had the choice of possibly facing either the Titans or Cowboys in the finals - I'm sure they'd be resting a few players tomorrow...
The Cowboys are capable of making something of the finals, I don't believe the Titans are.
Don't get me wrong - I'm still cheering for the Tiger, Eels and Titans tomorrow!

Boofhead
06-09-13, 11:40 PM
We got dis.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 03:55 PM
We are now into $4.50.

Anyone got oil on how the teams will line up?

Bayside Titan
07-09-13, 04:59 PM
Myles is out. Iione in.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 05:02 PM
Myles is out. Iione in.

Yep and Melbs 1-17.

****ers, hope we give them a belting.

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 05:52 PM
Taking the 2 points at 0-0 is a horrible idea..

Hail Sezer
07-09-13, 05:54 PM
Sezer would've smacked him out js

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 05:57 PM
That's what happens when you start Dave Taylor!! Lets go boys!!

Hail Sezer
07-09-13, 06:03 PM
DT welcome to the Titans.

amaline
07-09-13, 06:03 PM
That's what happens when you start Dave Taylor!! Lets go boys!!

And that.

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 06:12 PM
Why are we kicking for 2 when we have them on the ropes??

Hail Sezer
07-09-13, 06:20 PM

Coz we can't score tries

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 06:22 PM
Melbourne are the kind of team who sense weakness in taking the 2.. Example each time we've done it they have muscled up hard rushed off the line got the ball back and scored a try. We have to back ourself why kick for 2 when we are up 14-10? We coulda of really dented them off that penalty.

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 06:23 PM
Coz we can't score tries

Lol Dave Taylor says different.. Tohu Harris is defending at right centre.. Surely we should get to that edge

Titanic
07-09-13, 06:25 PM
We are useless close to the line in attack and useless on our own 20 ... that's because we are so drilled in structure. Good game so far, all the same.

Hail Sezer
07-09-13, 06:26 PM
Lol Dave Taylor says different.. Tohu Harris is defending at right centre.. Surely we should get to that edge

Yeah that's where we are looking most dangerous

Boofhead
07-09-13, 06:27 PM
I'm pretty erect guys.

Can't help but feel Melbs will switch on this half though.

Hail Sezer
07-09-13, 06:32 PM
I'm pretty erect guys.

Can't help but feel Melbs will switch on this half though.

wut

Toads
07-09-13, 06:33 PM

It's probably something that dawned on them after the Warriors clash. If they took the two instead of playing it (30 metres out in front of the black), 15 minutes into the first half, we wouldn't have lost that match. ;)

K2G
07-09-13, 06:34 PM
I'm pretty erect guys.

I'm feelin' a semi as well Boof...:D

We look good out there. And we might just have a repeat of the 05' GF later tonight. Exciting times.

Wonder how long until Idris, Myles are fit. Mead any chance should we get through?

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 06:42 PM
This ref is giving us a belting!!

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 06:51 PM
Taka is having a shocker defensively.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 06:52 PM
Poor Don. Has been solid all night.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 06:53 PM
Playing from behind will be difficult. Come on boys...

lonegull
07-09-13, 06:54 PM
Melbourne has got all the 50 50 calls these refs are influenced by the crowd and smith talking to
Them after every decision

lonegull
07-09-13, 06:58 PM
Gee the effort has been enormous

gotitans101_
07-09-13, 06:59 PM
Damn I really miss Mead's speed at the back. Gordon is a solid FB but nothing more imo.

lonegull
07-09-13, 07:03 PM
Sick of slater eveytime singing out to ref about something, he is nothing but a protected species

Boofhead
07-09-13, 07:05 PM
We are very much in this, if we score next...

K2G
07-09-13, 07:13 PM
worst call ever.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 07:13 PM
That is a ****ing disgrace.

Hail Sezer
07-09-13, 07:14 PM
What a load of ****ing ****

Smakked
I am just watching the run down the foxsports page seems errors are killing us

lonegull
Refs are wrecking the game can't wait to a semi I
Be decided by a refs blunder

amaline
07-09-13, 07:15 PM
At least they are consistent in destroying us this year.

Mt Smart
07-09-13, 07:19 PM
Wow what a game.

Picked me up after a pathetic loss to the dragons

GO TITANS's !!!

how good was that ball from big Dave , hell.

amaline
07-09-13, 07:20 PM
Taylor... wow....

Mt Smart
07-09-13, 07:25 PM
Incredible go forward from the Pack.

One out running they took it to within range.

Oh hell bullsht penalty

amaline
07-09-13, 07:28 PM
I hate golden point!

Boofhead
07-09-13, 07:29 PM
I feel so sick.

Mt Smart
07-09-13, 07:29 PM
Unreal good job Cooper , keep the Radar switched off for the 2nd period

K2G
07-09-13, 07:31 PM
This is outrageous

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 07:34 PM
Robbed by the refs f***ing disgraceful. Sezers shocker there will only make him a better player in the future I hope cause he certainly cracked under pressure.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 07:35 PM
Just not fair.

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 07:35 PM
Surely ridge didn't hit the ball out??

amaline
07-09-13, 07:36 PM
Surely ridge didn't hit the ball out??

To me, it looked like her hit Slater's hand at worst. BS.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 07:37 PM
We were absolutely dudded by the refs with that no try. Take the warriors try too.

Fml.

Toads
07-09-13, 07:37 PM
Similar here. It was wrist for me..

Coaster
07-09-13, 07:43 PM
People may think we are unlucky. But we showed that this team had the ability for top 4. And the fact we didn't make the 8 means that we are poorly coached by not only Cartwright but all his mates he has as lackies

amaline
07-09-13, 07:44 PM
People may think we are unlucky. But we showed that this team had the ability for top 4. And the fact we didn't make the 8 means that we are poorly coached by not only Cartwright but all his mates he has as lackies

As bad as that is, the fact that we are destined to repeat it next year is worse.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 07:46 PM
Feel so bad for the boys. They tried so hard.

Coaster
07-09-13, 07:47 PM
As bad as that is, the fact that we are destined to repeat it next year is worse.

Doesn't have to be that way.
People's opinions are more powerful than ever.

Toads
07-09-13, 07:53 PM

I'm going a bit further and voting with my wallet, looking forward until this action is no longer required though.

Tamwelg
07-09-13, 07:55 PM

Agreed, but man were we robbed in that game.

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 08:03 PM

Exactly what I was thinking.. I have a 60 inch tv and I was 100% certain he didn't hit.. In the words of a wise man (Geoff toovey) Someone needs to be accountable for this!!! Get bigger high definition Tvs in there!!

Boofhead
07-09-13, 08:04 PM
Revised refs should lose their jobs for that.

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 08:04 PM
Agreed, but man were we robbed in that game.

We were definitely robbed.. I might wear a pink refs jersey to the bank this weak rob the joint. Because since I'm wearing a refs shirt I will receive no punishment!

titanfan1980
07-09-13, 08:06 PM
Revised refs should lose their jobs for that.

Lol exactly what I'm saying refs get away with to much! So if your late to work chuck it on and just act like nothing happened haha

amaline
07-09-13, 08:09 PM
Exactly what I was thinking.. I have a 60 inch tv and I was 100% certain he didn't hit.. In the words of a wise man (Geoff toovey) Someone needs to be accountable for this!!! Get bigger high definition Tvs in there!!

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/04/seiki-50-inch-4k-tv-eyes-on-how-can-a-tv-this-beautiful-be-so-cheap/

Only $1500. An investment.

amaline
07-09-13, 08:10 PM

It doesn't. But it will.

DavidBouveng
07-09-13, 08:11 PM
K. From one month ago, I couldn't be happier with the effort from our guys.

Taylor bird taka Gordon falloon James and a few others have been standouts, but the whole team has wanted it. I particularly liked that don got a good end to the year and some good contributions, he got really nailed in middle part of year. Gordon also in last half of year was really good ( he's just a tad light imo, gets rag dolled and push back a lot) but is a better player than he's ever been before.

However, to show this ability with a very depleted squad doesn't prove carty can coach, it actually proves that he can't... How can a bit part team beat roosters and push storm to OT, but get reamed by some poor teams like warriors broncs knights panthers ??

Why did we only show up to fight once we were in the finals tight rope act?

We KNOW this a top 6, probably top 4 squad, so wins like this should make us angry that we don't perform within a bulls roar of this quality for most of the year.

But very happy that the players dug in.

I will spew when carty starts spouting that we finished equal 8th like its a good thing.

DavidBouveng
07-09-13, 08:19 PM
I thought ridge may have touched it, but that it was still in slaters hands and fell out after ridges had left the ball.

i said to a mate after one of our poor impotent sets on their,who said I should post here:

That was our season defined. Glimpses of individual brilliance combined with patches of a collective intensity, underpinned by poor structure and no patience.

Also, we only needed to draw once we got into the second half of OT, and I don't condone not going for the win, but 45m out on a crude angle with defence screaming at you... Sezer could have kicked for touch and there would only have been 2 mins left.he went the Hail Mary and melb got good territory and win next set... I wonder if any of the trainers or runners pass the message on to kick for metres and at least get the draw

TITAN FAN
07-09-13, 08:25 PM
I predicted those mungrel refs in Melbourne would rob us

We may have got a few penalties our way but at the end of the day they made up for it big time by not allowing what WAS A TRY

Big effort from the boys I thought Falloon was outstanding in defence and how tough is bird nice to see the big fella have a go

TITAN FAN
07-09-13, 08:27 PM
By big fella I was referring to Dave

Coaster
07-09-13, 08:29 PM
We won 3 out of last 10 games.

When did medioricity become a standard.

DavidBouveng
07-09-13, 08:46 PM
We won 3 out of last 10 games.

When did medioricity become a standard.

I don't think anyone is accepting it. Not on here at least.

But after a poor second half of season, its nice to be able to enjoy a win and a good golden point battle.

But as I said in my two longish posts, these lasts 2 weeks reinforce our belief's that we are poorly coaches. We beat manly storm roosters this year and pushed rabbits and storm once more yet miss the finals. That is such poor consistency and shows the difference between our best and what we usually dish up.

Coaster
07-09-13, 08:52 PM
Not trying to pick on you brother.
Just sick of the lies. The reason we are not in the 8 is obvious.

Boofhead
07-09-13, 10:09 PM
http://instagram.com/p/d9WP0ZCJ2Y/

Titanic
07-09-13, 10:45 PM
It's all been said ... a good effort and a predictable result ... get rid of the friggin' coach and his cronies and get busy for next season ... we just are not playing well enough, often enough.

Steve
08-09-13, 07:09 AM
Ah well, if you play well enough you'll be far enough ahead the ref's bad calls can't stop you winning.

Still sucks when it happens though!

Better luck next year I guess.

DavidBouveng
08-09-13, 08:13 AM
Ah well, if you play well enough you'll be far enough ahead the ref's bad calls can't stop you winning.

Still sucks when it happens though!

Better luck next year I guess.

Yep.

And if u play well enough during the year you aren't relying on miracle last minute plays plus other results to go your to make the top 8....

To say that call cost us our season is a joke. Not making the 8 is no ones fault but own. Man up carty.

C-Whiz
08-09-13, 08:54 AM
I was thoroughly entertained for most of the game, (some poor refereeing aside), and I couldn't have been happier with the effort by all the boys out there.

As I have stated in recent game threads, that is what I am looking for out of my RL team, and this is why I am happy to spend my hard-earned again, signed up for 2014 already, because I want to ride the positive of what we were showing in the last few rounds, and just enjoy that for a while.

Coaltrain showed us again what he is capable of. He is a wrecking ball with a wicked passing game. Keep it up DT, own 2014!

I enjoyed watching the boys throw the pill around and it was just sticking in the first half, then something changed when they came out of the sheds (probably a Carty "game plan" change) but then after they weathered 10 minutes of a Storm storm, they got their mojo back and came back. Twice!

I gave them absolutely no chance against the Rooters, and they converted me back to a believer after that, and backed it up last night.

I go into 2014 with hope, positivity and enthusiasm. We have a new CEO and I hope we get an "assistant" to help Carty and we can achieve great things next year. :thumbsup:

Well done Titans team, you showed you can compete with the best teams in the comp at the right end of the season. Too bad we lost against so many crappy teams mid-season. :doh:

TITAN FAN
08-09-13, 09:24 AM
Yes great post I totally agree!!!

Hail Sezer
08-09-13, 09:28 AM
Yep, everything been covered. Team showed heart last night and really wanted it. Unfortunately, for me, that doesn't put me entirely at ease due to our ridiculous mid-season efforts in which no one seems to be accountable but I'm not gonna go in to that.

Great game last night, thoroughly entertained and proud of the team's effort but it shouldn't have come down to that game (and other results) to put us in the 8 in the first place.

Toads
08-09-13, 09:29 AM
Yep.

And if u play well enough during the year you aren't relying on miracle last minute plays plus other results to go your to make the top 8....

To say that call cost us our season is a joke. Not making the 8 is no ones fault but own. Man up carty.

Pretty well sums it up, DB. Well said..

Now.. Carty 'n Searle need funds for their annual overseas holiday. Afterall, they've earned it..

Coaster
08-09-13, 09:42 AM
Pretty well sums it up, DB. Well said..

Now.. Carty 'n Searle need funds for their annual overseas holiday. Afterall, they've earned it..

What was with his "I am not a wealthy man" comment last night?
Who else here earns $300 000 + a year?
And wtf did that have to do with the refs?

Toads
08-09-13, 09:57 AM
lol, I missed that sob story. I'll have to check it out..

Birdman
08-09-13, 11:37 AM
Was at the game, boys had a crack, had many storm supporters on the edge of thier seat, ****ting themselves including my mates. It was good to see the crowd get into it, and quite a few titans supporters were I was sitting. Dissapointing way to end the season, really looking forward to next year and renewing my membership.

Titanic
08-09-13, 12:23 PM
What was with his "I am not a wealthy man" comment last night?
Who else here earns $300 000 + a year?
And wtf did that have to do with the refs?
He was saying he couldn't afford the 10k fine for mouthing off ... whatever :ugh:

Titanic Believer
08-09-13, 02:10 PM
Great effort. A lot of talk about the top line players missing but of the top of my head I could only think of Mead being missing from this team.

teke
08-09-13, 02:50 PM
Great effort. A lot of talk about the top line players missing but of the top of my head I could only think of Mead being missing from this team.Mead, jamma, zilly. Big 3 to be missing

Titanic Believer
08-09-13, 03:55 PM
Mead, jamma, zilly. Big 3 to be missing

Didn't miss Zilly. Been so many centre combos since Jamma injured I forgot he was in the team.

C-Whiz
08-09-13, 04:08 PM
Mead, jamma, zilly. Big 3 to be missing
This is what is so inspiring, to think we still have all these guys to come back, on top of what we have been showing over the past few weeks.

Just imagine if we'd had Jamma running with DT last night, and Meady backing up. It's making my eyes water.

C-Whiz
08-09-13, 04:52 PM
I'm pretty erect guys.
At least the wood you got at the end of this season isn't a spoon. :D

Titanic
08-09-13, 06:33 PM
At least the wood you got at the end of this season isn't a spoon.
Gee Whiz, I hardly expected you to be an expert on that ... was it balsa or knotty pine? For the record, I had half a chocolate :p