PDA

View Full Version : Titans Jersey Released

Queenslander
17-02-06, 06:16 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/DSC00288_edited.JPG
The NRL?s newest club officially launched its? playing strip today to a ballad penned by poet Robert Raftery at the Prince Albert Pub at Conrad Jupiters on the Gold Coast.

As Raftery read the final verse in the ballad (see attached) young boys and girls from Nerang Roosters representing every age group of junior rugby league and flanked by Titans Elite academy squad members filed onto the stage to the rapturous applause of the media and general public who turned out for the launch.

Managing Director Michael Searle said, ?This is what the Titans are all about! We pursued the licence so vigorously in the first place because of what it would do for our kids. We thought the best way to symbolise that was to put juniors of all ages into the strip for the launch?

Following the revealing Searle presented Titans Chairman Paul Broughton with one of the first jerseys off the production line in honour of his contribution as Chairman of the Bid Team which helped secure the licence announced on May 27 last year.

Searle said, " It was Paul?s passion, his commitment, leadership and ?never say die? attitude that gave us the will to keep going over the years and for that we are eternally grateful.?

The Jersey colour and design was selected by Footy Fans via a website poll conducted by the Gold Coast Titans. There were six jerseys designed by Reebok to choose from, the most popular taking 36% of the 50,000 votes.

General Manager of Marketing and Commercial Stephen Burns said, ?It was the people?s choice that won out. This is the design that people want to see on our team when they run out in 2007 and that is the good thing about the process that we have used ? it has been totally transparent.?

The main colours of yellow, blue and faun represent the sun, sea and sand with bronze and steel representing the colours of metal that are used in armour when the Titans go to battle on the football field.

Curved neck lines based on gladiatorial shoulder gear of medieval Titans and the side panels allow a main body ?T?.

The Jerseys will be on sale at the Titans Inaugural Ball at Conrad Jupiters tomorrow night (18th February 2006) and at the Bulldogs V Warriors NRL Pre-season game at Gold Coast Stadium on February 25. They?re also expected to hit all major sportswear retailers in early March.

From www.titans.com.au

dragonscometitansgal
17-02-06, 06:37 PM
I think the jerseys look fantastic cant wait to get my hands on some of these

Titanium_BD1103
17-02-06, 06:45 PM
WOW They look awesome.. and well done to the Gold Coast team for the way they did the launch.. :)

I know what I want for my 21st Birthday.. :D :D

DeeGan
17-02-06, 06:50 PM
To the unamed member - NO, I was not aware of the release and YES, I would of liked to have been there as well. Let's build a bridge...(you know the rest)

Great jersey, I will be getting both versions (plus one to frame) at the Cararra trial :)

This is what it is all about! We have arrived! I have longed for this day for a long, long time - not ALL of us will like the jersey, that is to be expected though before criticising think to yourself how long it has been since we had a jersey to criticise ;)

Queenslander
17-02-06, 06:59 PM
These jerseys will sell like hotcakes at both the gala and the trial match at Cararra; Im predicting that they will sell out before the end of the trial match :laugh:.

No word yet on the official price though, hopefully its lower than the earlier reported price ;)

DIEHARD
17-02-06, 07:14 PM
Gold Coast Titans thanks for making the best jersey ever!!!

I love how the jersey is primarily light blue but is gently mixed with darker blue up the top.

I'm also happy I won't have to change the shade of gold in my Titans flag.

Those jerseys are amazing! Finally the puzzle is nearly complete!

The Gold Coast are back!

Kingytek
17-02-06, 07:47 PM
Let us all join as one titan supporter and a big hip hip hoorey. This is a major day for titan fans! Let us rejoice, GO TITANS!

Coaster
17-02-06, 09:01 PM
Guess they were spot on back in september

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titans34.jpg

Steve Dangerous
17-02-06, 09:06 PM
i was a bit skeptical when looking just at the winning design, but i must say i love it!

it is EXTREMELY gold coast. seems perfect.

I would like a collar though ;)

Tap Twist Snap
17-02-06, 09:11 PM
What happend to the collars. It's a sad trend in league that they want to make jerseys with no collars. They don't really look all that great but have big chunks of solid colour is a plus. Were these anything like the ones that were put to the vote from memory I thought different ones were in front on the poll.

Queenslander
17-02-06, 10:17 PM
Were these anything like the ones that were put to the vote from memory I thought different ones were in front on the poll.
This was option one; which was deemed most popular by the public :thumbsup:
http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/option1.jpghttp://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/DSC00288_edited.JPG

DeeGan
17-02-06, 11:07 PM
I have to laugh at the closet fashion critiques out there - I am reading some really funny stuff at other forums from budding 'Queer eye for the straight guy' stars :laugh:

Is this 'Queer Eye For The Straight Guy' fashion week or simply a rugby league jersey for the 16th team entering the competition? Some of the crap (literally) I have read would have you believe Michael and co. were trying to pass us off as Versace wannabe's.

No team will ever please ALL rugby league fans, we know this, it is how our fans feel about the jersey is all that counts. We took the vote to the people and the overwhelming winning vote got the start - what more can the Titans do?

Gold Coast Titans fans will love the jersey no matter what, these are our colours, this is our jersey - we will wear it with pride rain, hail or shine. This is my eighth season without a team and a big F-U to those who want to stick the boot in is all I can offer. If memory serves me correctly, we at the Titans did not want Tiger Tim's opinion or Evan the Eels opinion- take care of your own backyard, we will look after ours.

For those wanting to continually kick us in the guts whilst on the ground before we have set foot on the field in the NRL premiership - one message - see you in March 2007 ;) You have the official supporters group ready to ambush you and team on/off the field that is only eyeing success...may the best man or team win.

DIEHARD
17-02-06, 11:18 PM
For those wanting to continually kick us in the guts whilst on the ground before we have set foot on the field in the NRL premiership - one message - see you in March 2007 ;) You have the official supporters group ready to ambush you and team on/off the field that is only eyeing success...may the best man or team win.

Oh yea that is fire!

I just ignore all the whingers and dust kickers.

The jersey is fantastic and perfect for a Gold Coast rugby league team.

They'll just whinge about anything and I find it hilarious to see Wests fans going around acting like they are an authority on jersey fashion, look at the garbage their club trots out on a regular basis.

The bashing and whinging will just get more thick as next season approaches and we sign players....and eventually tear through the NRL like a bulldozer smashing clubs.

Enjoy it, we are a real club. :box:

Loved the passion and fire in that post DeeGan, you are Gold Coast through and through.

Moejoe
17-02-06, 11:24 PM
Look for me in General Admission (Alcohol zone) at the Carrara Trial. I'll be bying mine as soon as the stores open (Hopefully at 4.30pm when the gates open.)

Steve Dangerous
17-02-06, 11:51 PM
just a question...

in the article it calls it 'yellow' and in the illustrated version it's clearly orange. i can't really tell from the photo. which is it? it kinda looks in between lol.

either way, colours scream out gold coast.

DIEHARD
18-02-06, 12:21 AM
Gold?

Ipswich Fan
18-02-06, 03:34 AM
I really like the predominately blue jersey but i'm not all that keen on the white.

Dakink
18-02-06, 07:28 AM
Funny - I prefer the predominately white one!! Ah well..

qld power
18-02-06, 08:08 AM
hmm yah blue jersey on my shopping list anyone want a old storm leeds sharks jersey to buy

Titans#1
18-02-06, 08:15 AM
Funny - I prefer the predominately white one!! Ah well..

Easy fixed, only go to the away games :lol!:

TITANS007
18-02-06, 09:20 AM
I think they look great. Can't wait to see them on the players!!

Queenslander
18-02-06, 09:32 AM
Here is another pic from the launch from the Courier Mail

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,5110525,00.jpg
COLOURS of the coast . . . Seagulls player Will Matthews, 18, and "friends" display the new Titans strips at yesterday's launch. Picture: Adam Head.

SuperCliffy#01
18-02-06, 10:06 AM
Hya all

Well i hate to be the first to spoil the party, but my first impression is that it looks almost the same as the Sydney FC Home strip, just my opinion, but having said that, not a bad choice though., but you can bet when it does become available to the public it'll be around the $180-$200 mark, to expensive for my blood. cya.

Eel 33
18-02-06, 02:02 PM
Looks good. Watch for the whinging from particularly Eels and Dogs fans saying its too close to their jumpers.

[BroncosGirl]
18-02-06, 06:54 PM
Man I love those colours, they look so good, the design is pretty good too, my first thought it was they look a little weird with the round white strip along the shoulders in the home jersey, but now its really grown on me! :D

wombat68
18-02-06, 09:39 PM
Nu sorry, no collars, and the away jersey looks like a soccer jersey.I'll get used to it as I am the name,but not my preference on either. :hmm:

Ipswich Fan
18-02-06, 10:21 PM
Looks good. Watch for the whinging from particularly Eels and Dogs fans saying its too close to their jumpers.When I heard they were going for blue & gold i was worried that they'd look too much like Parra but fortunately they've managed to avoid clashing.

Cliffy GC
18-02-06, 11:15 PM
looks great

but i wish it had a collar

never the less another tick in the box for the club in my book

J-Storm
19-02-06, 12:01 AM
The blue version is my favourite outta the 2. The white 1 makes me think of the horrid Melbourne Storm/Brisbane Broncos versions that they have but it would be the best 1 out of those 3 white versions of those 3 teams. Nice look, should go well on the field of play TV wise..

Sharks
19-02-06, 10:33 AM
not the greatest jersey going around,looks like all the other cheap past gold coast chargers ect style.But no matter what I will accept it and support the Titans and wear the jersey with pride.Glad they finally released it! :win:

captaincharger
19-02-06, 06:01 PM
i gotta say i didnt like it at all when i first saw it. but maybe its just the bias talking but it has grown on me since. probably need to see it in real but the blue one looks better than the white. i think the dolphins jersey was a better design. in the end i will still buy both :happy:

lonegull
20-02-06, 03:49 PM
thumbs up to the gold coast supporters who voted great jersey cant wait to get my hands on both :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

qld power
20-02-06, 04:29 PM
die hope u buying me one of the blue ones this weekend xtra large ta :peace:

Phase3
20-02-06, 05:09 PM
What happened to the offer of exchanging the short lived "Dolphins" jersey for the new "titans" ones?

Steelers
03-03-06, 03:47 PM
Looks like a T-shirt, other than that, I love it.

Kallan
09-03-06, 06:46 PM
To be perfectly honest, i don't like the white part on the sholders, i do like the mix between the light and dark blue, the home jersey is ok maybe it will grow on me. The away jersey i don't like, similar to the Broncos and storm away jerseys.

The Original Idiot
09-03-06, 07:20 PM
What happened to the offer of exchanging the short lived "Dolphins" jersey for the new "titans" ones?
That would not be a fair deal. Dolphins jerseys are collecter's items and are therefore worth a hell of a lot more. I'm sure Deegan and everyone else with a Dolphins jersey would be feeling pretty good right now.

DIEHARD
09-03-06, 08:58 PM
I'm sure Deegan and everyone else with a Dolphins jersey would be feeling pretty good right now.

I knew it was a no lose investment. I love my Dolphins jersey!

MOPL
09-03-06, 09:14 PM
Now we have the jersey lets get a huge one made up to unvail over the crowd at Cararra, like the soccer sides do

What a great way to start

Kingytek
10-03-06, 01:16 PM
On the bottem of my rebel sport newsletter it said the jersey will be for sale online on March 18th!!!

Sorry {edit}

Be the first to own a Gold Coast Titans NRL Jersey.
Jerseys available online from March 18*

Rebel Sport official retailer of the NRL

*Date may change, subject to product availability.

Wolfpak
10-03-06, 02:26 PM
Also on the jerseys, www.nrlshop.com (http://www.nrlshop.com) say this:

Watch this space, as we will soon have the official Gold Coast Titans jerseys and supporter apparel available!

Lonestar
12-03-06, 12:35 PM
The blue jersey looks great.

Shame they forgot the collar though... :noidea:

I want a rugby league jersey to wear.....not a t-shirt!
Looks like I'll just buy a polo shirt instead.

Phase3
13-03-06, 10:05 PM
That would not be a fair deal. Dolphins jerseys are collecter's items and are therefore worth a hell of a lot more. I'm sure Deegan and everyone else with a Dolphins jersey would be feeling pretty good right now.

Ummmmm, No, I have a Dolphins jersey and would like to trade it for a Titans one as we were told would happen when the name was dropped to appease Redcliffe....... Or of course I'm willing to sell it for a "feeling pretty good" price! :D

DeeGan
13-03-06, 10:15 PM

With the Giants, Seagulls and Chargers jerseys, my Gold Coast Dolphins one hangs proudly on the wall of my "sports room" as such at home. Nice little piece of history to own and a collectors item if there was ever one for our club.

Priceless to this fan as will my Titans sponsored jersey be when our major sponsor
is named - sooner rather than later I am hoping :D

qld power
14-03-06, 03:59 PM
so is there anyone here that actually has got a titans jersey yet

DeeGan
14-03-06, 05:13 PM

Waiting for the sponsored jersey release.

lonegull
15-03-06, 07:24 AM
talking about sponsors anyone heard who might be interested in sponsoring the titans

Kingytek
15-03-06, 07:31 AM
I wonder if the rebel sport release on the 18th will have sponsors. I doubt it will. I think there will be an official release when sponsors are named!

TITAN PETE
15-03-06, 04:03 PM

Yeh i got mine in the post on Friday as promised by Chris Knell & i love it :happy: !

captaincharger
16-03-06, 09:10 PM
for any titans fans living in sydney the Rebel sports store in the mid-city centre has received a limited amount of titans jerseys in stock at the price of $149.99 they are also currently running a special where you get a free NRL board game worth $49.99 with the purchase of any NRL jersey. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kingytek
19-03-06, 06:11 AM
To purcahse online....
http://rebelsport.com.au/?action=view&id=787949&cat=178

Queenslander
19-03-06, 11:28 AM
In the Sunday Mail today is a full page ad by Rebel Sports dedicated to the release of the Gold Coast Titans Jersey!!!!

DeeGan
19-03-06, 11:39 AM
In the Sunday Mail today is a full page ad by Rebel Sports dedicated to the release of the Gold Coast Titans Jersey!!!!

The price Queenslander? $149.95?

Queenslander
19-03-06, 11:40 AM
The price Queenslander? $149.95?

Close, $149.99 :p

DeeGan
19-03-06, 11:44 AM
Close, $149.99 :p

;) Thanks mate

Eel 33
25-03-06, 10:12 AM
Sydney fans, saw the Titans jersey in at Rebel in the City, $149.95. Checked PWS (Peter Wynns Score) and they dont have them yet. I think he's a little reluctant to get them in, the dolphins jerseys took ages to sell.

qld power
29-03-06, 06:46 PM
crosses fingers for a sponsor avaiable jersey in june

Kingytek
30-03-06, 07:36 AM
crosses fingers for a sponsor avaiable jersey in june
Don't hold your breath!

DeeGan
30-03-06, 08:01 AM
Don't hold your breath!

It would be sooner than some may think... :chef:

lonegull
30-03-06, 08:16 AM
Any clues Deegan

DeeGan
30-03-06, 08:19 AM
Any clues Deegan

Nope, only that I think it will roll on around quicker than some might think. Just an opinion :naughty:

Helen
02-04-06, 07:34 AM
die hope u buying me one of the blue ones this weekend xtra large ta :peace:

OT I was looking at your sig logo and it occured to me that there is going to be quite a bit of depth when selecting for State of Origin in the future.

Not bad.. and as a NSW resident *gulp*.

Helen

lancethetitan
03-04-06, 07:12 PM
i was a bit skeptical when looking just at the winning design, but i must say i love it!

it is EXTREMELY gold coast. seems perfect.

I would like a collar though ;)
i love the jerseys i going to buy both and get one framed my wife bought me a bar so i could put a framed jersey above my bar to show off to my mates when we watch the titans playing would be nice if one of them had a collar though

DIEHARD
21-04-06, 12:05 AM
I know a lot of people are holding off for a sponsored jersey. But I have a clean skin and I think it is fantastic. I absolutely love it.

~Wild Child~
21-04-06, 09:39 AM
Looking good guys!!

patskE
22-04-06, 01:13 PM
can i ask y the price is so high?
i want one but 150 :S bit to much :O

Teegy
22-04-06, 01:14 PM
i got one from rebel this morning for 127.50 as i had the 15% off coupon out of the big league

DeeGan
22-04-06, 01:21 PM
can i ask y the price is so high?
i want one but 150 :S bit to much :O

Unfortunately not something I can answer. I have filtered feedback through re: the price of the Titans jersey online given retail outlets have cheaper authentic alternatives.

I guess the more feedback filtered through by fans, the more chance marketing will look at it.

DIEHARD
22-04-06, 01:38 PM
Profits of sale of merchandise off the club store go back to the club, so that is something to also consider.

Rebel have a good deal on Titans jerseys atm as well.

Are the away jerseys available outside of the Titans online store? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Queenslander
24-04-06, 08:02 PM
Are the away jerseys available outside of the Titans online store? I haven't seen them anywhere.

Yeah I am wondering that also, I quite like the away jersey and I would like to see if there are better deals available for that jersey.

West_Titan
24-04-06, 08:28 PM
Hi Guys!!

I was out today and saw the Titans Jersey here at Rebel Sport in Perth. it Was going for $149.95 which is about the same as the online store. I can't wait to buy both the home and away jerseys and i think they look awesome and can't wait to wear it walking around the streets of Perth.

So what is the benefit of buying from the online store and not Rebel Sport?

DIEHARD
29-04-06, 02:20 AM
Here is a question.

Will there be women's cut jerseys?

DIEHARD
29-04-06, 02:21 AM

More $$$ making its way to the club?

DeeGan
29-04-06, 08:53 AM

The money goes back to our bottom line first and foremost.

The price of the online jersey is a topic I have received PLENTY of feedback on and I have to reiterate that I am not the man who sets the prices. There are smarter men above me who have obviously looked at the market and various factors when settling in on a price for our fans. Sure, we pay overs, though the money gets pumped back in to the mighty Gold Coast Titans club which can only be a good thing. I will be purchasing all of my Titans merchandise through the online shop with this is mind.

If there are complaints to be made re: the pricing, contact the Titans via the website and send through the feedback.

qld power
29-04-06, 12:17 PM
hmm still no sponsered jerseys happening

DeeGan
29-04-06, 01:24 PM
hmm still no sponsered jerseys happening

Hard to do when the major sponsor deal has not come to fruition.

DIEHARD
29-04-06, 01:27 PM
Are Titans away jerseys only available through the online store?

I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Queenslander
29-04-06, 02:09 PM
Are Titans away jerseys only available through the online store?

I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Yeah I would like an answer to DIEHARD's question also, I havent seen the away jerseys anywhere!

SuperCliffy#01
02-05-06, 12:24 PM
I have just spied the Titans jerseys at Rebel Sports at Westfield Tuggerah here on the Central Coast of NSW, and my local Newsagent are selling Titians wristbands,cool huh.cya.