PDA

View Full Version : 2014 What do you expect to happen

Smakked
23-08-13, 07:56 AM
Season almost over, even if we make the finals i can see us bowing out in the first round, I cant see us matching it with the top 4.

SO next year whats everyone expecting to happen or change?
Me i think same old same old, not alot will change and i am looking at another disappointing year, another year of what could have been.

Blade07
23-08-13, 08:00 AM
Well we now have the players playing in positions (taka) with Blair which I think will make a huge difference and also matt white will be back and hopefully the real coaltrain, jamal fit and healthy and halves have more time to gel
We've got a real good chance next year

Toads
23-08-13, 10:49 AM
Hoping for big changes, but not expecting it.

Still follow the lads with interests, but not expecting them to break any new records (mediocre results at best).

Tired of Management in various departments, expected to have the same discontent towards them in 2014.

Eventually looking forward to major changes once crap like '5 year contracts' have expired and the old wood is completely removed from the Clubs daily operations. Once that's done, lI'll be ecstatic about renewing and upgrading my Family's Club Membership.

Though I guess you're all well aware of my opinion..

teke
23-08-13, 12:45 PM
Expect the same as this yr, a team unable to push for a title

Hail Sezer
23-08-13, 12:54 PM
Expect the same as this yr, a team unable to push for a title

Me too unfortunately.

New coach is the only thing that could sway me tbh. I'm hopeful as always that guys like Alby, Jamal and Meady will provide individual brilliance to win us games. But it's going to take more than that for us to push for a title.

No point going on. We know Carty isn''t going anywhere :boohoo:

Geeman
23-08-13, 06:48 PM
Another mid-table performance, the loss of more potential to other teams...etc,etc

Jamal's Hamstring
24-08-13, 05:22 PM
I hope for another off season filled with top four promises, a season filled with meh and another mid table finish.

Yay!

hammer
30-11-13, 09:12 AM
The last time the world cup was held the following year returned our best finish ever.
I would imagine that the World Cup will have ramifications long into our 2014 season as players try and refresh after what ultimately becomes a long and arduous 2013 season. I have posted an image of the 2010 end-of-year ladder to spark your memories!
If my memory serves me well I think we got off to a flyer at the beginning of that season and when everyone expected us to fade we just kept going!
I cannot recall the make up of World Cup teams but it is apparent to me that teams that had high numbers participating or key personnel participating struggled the following year.
Could be an interesting season if this repeats itself!

http://s30.postimg.org/auna371ht/Screen_Shot_2013_11_30_at_8_03_44_am.png (http://postimage.org/)
windows 7 screenshot (http://postimage.org/app.php)

Supergoose
30-11-13, 10:05 AM
Biggest problem with that is we have had a pretty big representation at the World Cup this season. December 4 is the day where our seasons outcome will take shape. If we get a horror draw again, fringe of the 8 is where we'll finish, a little luck with the draw and some hoodoos (read Broncos) overcome and we could finish top 4. I reckon our coaching team is improved this season and have learnt from past mistakes. We'll be there when the whips are cracking.

Titanic
30-11-13, 01:38 PM
As much as I like the new additions to our playing ranks and the partial re-shuffle of our coaching group, I just cannot get past that it all still feels the same … the same mystery behind the scenes, the same ridiculously antiquated predictions from our coach and the same concern that there is a favoured group within inside the entire group. Mid-table finish in 2014.

teke
30-11-13, 06:59 PM
To finish top 4 we need to play the quality of footy shown by the top 4 teams in this yrs finals. That being said, I'm hopeful of a top 8 finish but not holding my breath

mdrew
30-11-13, 09:03 PM
A lot of promise, but ultimately conservative and predictable play leading to another season where we miss the top 8. On an individual level Ryan James to play for NSW in the State of Origin.

hatchy84
01-12-13, 09:13 AM
Taylor has to start from round 1 and we got some depth in the backs still not holding my breath

kioli
01-12-13, 01:05 PM
Feeling pretty confident. Top 8 finish and want to see the 2nd week of the finals.

C-Whiz
02-12-13, 08:29 AM
Finish 6th. Top 8 is still a bit of a cop out.

5th or 6th.

Alby will carve it up, especially with Neil Henry onboard.
Hopefully we will have people running off the ball carriers in 2014.
Carty can focus on the forwards, so they should be back to good form, circa 2009.
Hopefully Zilly can finally have a season of injury free footy so we can see what he really has to offer.
Same with Jamma.
And hopefully Coal Train continues with his run of late form from last year and carries it through the season.

That would make us top 4. No problem.

But I'm pretty hopeful/expectant of a 5th/6th finish.

C-Whiz
02-12-13, 08:33 AM
And Meady top finisher in the game, with a last round tussle for top Titans try scorer between him and Alby.

shamus
02-12-13, 04:28 PM
Finish 6th. Top 8 is still a bit of a cop out.

5th or 6th.

Alby will carve it up, especially with Neil Henry onboard.
Hopefully we will have people running off the ball carriers in 2014.
Carty can focus on the forwards, so they should be back to good form, circa 2009.
Hopefully Zilly can finally have a season of injury free footy so we can see what he really has to offer.
Same with Jamma.
And hopefully Coal Train continues with his run of late form from last year and carries it through the season.

That would make us top 4. No problem.

But I'm pretty hopeful/expectant of a 5th/6th finish.

I will do my usual annual plunder (running at a loss atm) where I will place a$10 bet on each of the following.... Premiers (paying $26) Minor Premiers ($34) Top 4 ($7) and to cover myself $20 on Top 8 ($2.75)...So outlay of $50 total and all they have to do if finish top 8 and I get a grand total of $55 ($5 profit...better that a poke in the brown eye) :eyebrows:

C-Whiz
02-12-13, 06:53 PM
I will do my usual annual plunder (running at a loss atm) where I will place a$10 bet on each of the following.... Premiers (paying $26) Minor Premiers ($34) Top 4 ($7) and to cover myself $20 on Top 8 ($2.75)...So outlay of $50 total and all they have to do if finish top 8 and I get a grand total of $55 ($5 profit...better that a poke in the brown eye) :eyebrows:
Yeah, i dunno, I keep getting so burned by betting on these guys. Maybe I'll just taking a long term season plunder like you have and sit on it. That might be the go. Better than chasing my a$$ round to round.

karnage
03-12-13, 09:53 AM
WHAT DO I EXPECT FOR 2014:

For the Gold Coast Titans Forum to have a 'Looking Forward to 2015' thread up before the end of Origin.

TITAN PETE
03-12-13, 10:16 AM
To not lose any player for season ending injuries

Bayside Titan
03-12-13, 01:16 PM
One of my expectations is that if we a doing poorly by Round 8 that Carty is given the flick and Henry Installed as Head Coach for the next 3 years......

C-Whiz
03-12-13, 03:52 PM
One of my expectations is that if we a doing poorly by Round 8 that Carty is given the flick and Henry Installed as Head Coach for the next 3 years......+1. :clap:

TITAN PETE
03-12-13, 05:19 PM
One of my expectations is that if we a doing poorly by Round 8 that Carty is given the flick and Henry Installed as Head Coach for the next 3 years......

+1. :clap:

If this happens we can start planning for 2015 :?)

DIEHARD
03-12-13, 07:08 PM
No major injuries and Albert and Sezer to flourish and grow.

If we are going to be truthful, I'm fearing those match ups with the Broncos, the ones I want to win so badly. We got to start winning these.

As how we will go, Im not too sure, it really depends on how the other teams go. I hope we can be in the Top 6 by mid year. Ill just watch and see.

Bayside Titan
03-12-13, 10:37 PM
If this happens we can start planning for 2015 :?)
Which will be a great thing. 2014 if Carty goes could turn out pretty well. I would be really excited by that prospect.

Toads
04-12-13, 08:40 AM
Carty's going no where.. There's not even a Board nominated to discuss his future.

titanfan1980
04-12-13, 07:01 PM
2014 The year Albert Kelly and Ryan James will come to full potential and be a big part of our finals charge!

teke
06-12-13, 02:54 PM
NRL Wooden Spoon Market has us finishing roughly around the same place as last yr.

Only the Eels, Tiger, Dragons and Raiders behind us

Supergoose
06-12-13, 09:43 PM
The draw has us in good shape. If we can win at least split the games in round 5 and 6, and 3 of the first 4 we will give this comp a shake. Anything less than 4 from 6 and we'll be in the bottom half of the 8 and hoping for some good end of season form and luck to see us deep into the finals.