View Full Version : Round 23: North Queensland Cowboys vs Gold Coast Titans

Boofhead
13-08-13, 09:01 AM
North Queensland Cowboys vs Gold Coast Titans

Saturday 17 August 2013 - 5:30pm - 1300 SMILES Stadium

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/cowboysvstitans.jpg

Boofhead
13-08-13, 09:31 AM
Mead could be our own version of Hayne in '09 or Barba in '12.

vs Bulldogs
13 Runs (152m)
1 Try
1 Try Assist
9 Tackle Breaks
3 Line Breaks
2 Offloads

vs Tigers
14 Runs (161m)
1 Try
3 Tackle Breaks
3 Line Breaks

Hail Sezer
13-08-13, 09:33 AM
if he's not named at fullback I'm gonna blow up.

Titanic
13-08-13, 10:03 AM
I can't see why he wouldn't be, even Cartwright can't possibly be so stupid as to replace a form player with one coming back from injury ... if he had any nouse he'd play Zillman in QCup to see if he's right or at worst on the right wing where Don has been caretaker ... Zillman is not a left centre at this stage and Dowling has done nothing wrong in fact he's shored up that side pretty well. And hats off to Harrison who has made a good fist of 5/8 and defending the right edge.

Boofhead
13-08-13, 10:15 AM
I can't see why he wouldn't be, even Cartwright can't possibly be so stupid as to replace a form player with one coming back from injury ... if he had any nouse he'd play Zillman in QCup to see if he's right or at worst on the right wing where Don has been caretaker ... Zillman is not a left centre at this stage and Dowling has done nothing wrong in fact he's shored up that side pretty well. And hats off to Harrison who has made a good fist of 5/8 and defending the right edge.

Campbell playing fullback in the 2010 Preliminary Final after Zillman man of the match against the Warriors comes to mind. :nope:

Hail Sezer
13-08-13, 12:16 PM
same lineup

K2G
13-08-13, 12:24 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Titans-unchanged-for-Cowboys-clash/81777

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named an unchanged side ahead of Saturday’s clash against the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville.

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright has elected to stick with the same 17-man squad that made it two wins on the trot with a spirited 26-16 upset win over the Bulldogs last night.

iSelect Titans vs Cowboys
Saturday, August 17
5.30pm, 1300SMILES Stadium

1 David Mead
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamie Dowling
5 Anthony Don
6 Ashley Harrison
7 Aidan Sezer
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles
11 Ben Ridge
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Greg Bird
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Ryan James
16 Luke O'Dwyer
17 Sam Irwin

K2G
13-08-13, 01:15 PM
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8705478

Gold Coast's daunting NRL run home is proving to be just the motivation the club needed as they chase a finals berth.

The Titans moved back into the top eight on Monday night with an upset 26-16 win over fifth-placed Canterbury in Sydney.

But with four tough matches to complete their home-and-away campaign, it's far from certain if the Titans can stay in the finals race.

After a short turnaround North Queensland lie in wait in Townsville on Saturday before the final home match against the Warriors the following weekend.

Away matches against in-form reigning premiers Melbourne and minor premiership hunting Sydney Roosters cap off the year.

"I think our boys are relishing the challenge of playing these better teams," Titans assistant coach Steve Murphy told reporters on Tuesday.

"It seems to bring out the best in our boys and I'm sure this week will be no different."

The Titans named an unchanged squad on Tuesday for Saturday's clash with the Cowboys, though Jamie Dowling is in doubt after hurting his knee against the Bulldogs.

Injured fullback William Zillman will also be given a chance to prove his fitness as he tries to return from a groin complaint.

One makeshift option that won't be changing for the Titans is the switch of former Queensland Origin backrower Ashley Harrison to five-eighth, which Murphy said had lot to do with Gold Coast rediscovering winning ways.

"I think Ash's strength can't be underestimated in terms of what he does for the group, what he does for the younger players," Murphy said.

"I don't think it's any co-incidence that Aidan Sezer's played two of his better games ... Ash has a wealth of experience and Aidan can only benefit from being around someone like that."

Titans: David Mead, Kevin Gordon, Brad Takairangi, Jamie Dowling, Anthony Don, Ashley Harrison, Aidan Sezer, Luke Douglas, Beau Falloon, Nate Myles, Ben Ridge, Mark Minichiello, Greg Bird. Interchange: David Taylor, Ryan James, Luke O'Dwyer, Sam Irwin.

K2G
13-08-13, 01:17 PM
I expect dowling not to play and Zillman to return. As to how that re-shuffle looks ... i hope it's a direct swap, but fear it wont be.

K2G
13-08-13, 01:19 PM
The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys will take an unchanged squad of 17 into the round 23 NRL clash with the Gold Coast at 1300SMILES Stadium on Saturday.

With back-to-back victories against South Sydney and Penrith, North Queensland are now just four points out of the top eight with four rounds remaining, including three games at home.

The Titans are coming off an upset 26-16 win against Canterbury at ANZ Stadium on Monday night to reclaim their position in the top eight.

The Cowboys will wear their Indigenous jerseys in the Close the Gap round encounter which kicks off at 5.30pm.

North Queensland Toyota Cowboys v Gold Coast Titans
Round 23, 2013 Telstra Premiership
5.30pm, Saturday 17 August, 1300SMILES Stadium

1 Matthew Bowen
2 Kyle Feldt
3 Brent Tate
4 Kane Linnett
5 Antonio Winterstein
6 Johnathan Thurston (c)
7 Robert Lui
8 Matthew Scott (c)
9 Ray Thompson
10 James Tamou
11 Gavin Cooper
12 Glenn Hall
13 Joel Riethmuller

Interchange:
14 Rory Kostjasyn
15 Tariq Sims
16 Ricky Thorby
17 Ashton Sims

mdrew
13-08-13, 03:56 PM
Heck I can not believe that the same NYC side has been named yet again. They suffered a 10 try belting and yet the same side is picked. Our season in NYC is done, please give some others a chance.

Griff0
14-08-13, 12:53 PM
THE Gold Coast Titans have just one training session to cement a spot in the top eight ahead of Saturday's do-or-die clash against the Cowboys.

The Titans arrived back on the Gold Coast at 11.30am yesterday after Monday's heroic 26-16 win over the Bulldogs in Sydney and rushed to a recovery session.

They have today off and will train tomorrow before departing for Townsville at 10am on Friday.

The ridiculous scheduling leaves them with less than 72 hours on the Gold Coast to prepare for a game they virtually must win, with away games against Melbourne and the Roosters still to come, to keep their finals hopes alive.

Coach John Cartwright said it wasn't an ideal situation but refused to use it as an excuse ahead of a showdown against the resurgent Cowboys.

"You prepare for it. It's not ideal but every side gets a bad turnaround at some stage," he said.

"Some get more than others but we can't complain. We've had it pretty decent this year as far as turnarounds are concerned.

"It's probably the travel more than anything -- the trip down to Sydney and then short turnaround into a trip up to Townsville.

"You've just got to tick all the boxes with recovery and it'll be a really light week."

The Titans yesterday named an unchanged line-up from the team that beat the Bulldogs but fullback William Zillman will have a fitness test later this week, hoping he can triumph in an ongoing battle with the groin condition osteitis pubis that has sidelined him for the past six weeks.

Zillman travelled to Sydney but didn't play against the Bulldogs in the hope of having him 100 per cent for the Cowboys clash.

"Another week of treatment (will help). I'm pretty sure he'll play this year but the position he plays is hard to cover if you lose him early in the game," Cartwright said.
The Titans need to win two of their last four games to be in contention for the eight.

But with the Cowboys needing to win four from four to have any chance of making the finals, assistant coach Steve Murphy said they were preparing for a desperate opposition.

Manufactured Titans' five-eighth Ashley Harrison will be given the job of containing Cowboys captain Johnathan Thurston.

But Murphy said Thurston could not be the Titans' sole concern.

"Matty Bowen is playing great football, the two Australian front-rowers (Matt Scott and James Tamou) will be keen to make a bit of a statement," Murphy said

Centre Jamie Dowling is battling a ligament strain in his knee but is expected to play.

He has been outstanding for the Titans since coming into the team for the injured Jamal Idris, who remains hopeful of playing a role in the finals if the Gold Coast make the eight.

Does this mean he will play him in another position or am i just being hopefull

Mr Stupid
14-08-13, 02:18 PM
If Dowling's out and Zilly not fit for fullback Carty should name someone else at centre. Who?

Titanic
14-08-13, 02:20 PM
I don't get his argument ... it's hardly difficult to replace considering Mead's form ... this is either (a) a typical Cartwright not wanting to publicly make a difficult decision or (b) hiding that Zillman will be playing fullback ... very sneaky ... not.

Hail Sezer
14-08-13, 02:23 PM
If Dowling's out and Zilly not fit for fullback Carty should name someone else at centre. Who?

We know who..

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/profile/00087857_Image.jpeg

Blade07
14-08-13, 02:52 PM
Yes we will win for sure now lol

Birdman
14-08-13, 04:23 PM
Should be an interesting game this one. A win here will put us only perhaps a game away from Semi final football. Am slightly confident, but with this team you just never know.

Tamwelg
14-08-13, 06:02 PM
Gilly hinted at Zilly coming back into the side at centre on 9 GC News

TITAN PETE
15-08-13, 03:49 AM
Gilly hinted at Zilly coming back into the side at centre on 9 GC News

I hope it happens , not confident with Chalky there :?)

karnage
15-08-13, 09:58 AM
Campbell playing fullback in the 2010 Preliminary Final after Zillman man of the match against the Warriors comes to mind. :nope:

NEVER MENTION THIS EVER AGAIN!!!:mad:

There is a parallel universe where Cartwright was sacked for that decision and the years since have not been as barren.

We have been given absolutely no favours by the draw but the Cowboys are rubbish and have nothing to play for. So if we stay in the grind as we did against the Dogs they will turn it up and we will get them.

TITAN FAN
15-08-13, 10:29 AM
Who will be playing the 9 given young srama is due back

He will most likely stick with Falloon this week given Srama is coming back from injury

Falloon has been carving up really aggressive and leading the pack
He has been a force to be reckoned with around the ruck

He is playing better than Srama in terms of the go forward

Does the coach go with form in the number 9 role in future or does he stay with Falloon of the bench

Interesting when you have two very talented hookers

Boofhead
15-08-13, 02:06 PM
Don feeds off winning form
Adam Gardini | Thursday 15 August 2013, 12:18 PM

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00092936-leadimage.jpg

iSelect Titans winger Anthony Don has credited the club’s two match winning streak as the catalyst for helping him regain his confidence since returning to the top grade a fortnight ago.

With regular winger David Mead pushing to fullback to cover for the injured Will Zillman, Don has relished the chance to return to the NRL as the Titans have notched consecutive victories over the Wests Tigers and Bulldogs.

He will again line-up for the Titans on the right wing in Saturday night’s big clash against the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville.

“It’s been good coming back into the team, especially when we have been winning because it provides everyone with a lot more confidence,’’ said Don.

“Personally it makes me more confident too when everyone is going well and we’re playing for each other.’’

Don has been one of the Titans’ great success stories this year after making a meteoric rise from playing in the country with the Grafton Ghosts two years ago to making his NRL debut in Round 6 this year.

He has since notched 10 NRL appearances on his belt, but it has not been all smooth sailing for the 25-year-old, who has overcome the disappointment of being relegated back to Queensland Cup for Burleigh after the Titans’ 46-16 loss to the Newcastle Knights in Round 16.

He rebounded by scoring four tries in a match for Burleigh several weeks ago and has since been holding his own after returning to the NRL against the Tigers.

“Getting dropped was probably good for me so I could go back and work on some little things in my game and I’ve been lucky enough to get the opportunity to come back up,’’ said Don.

“We’ve been playing well as a team so that makes it a lot easier to play as an individual.

“You always have doubts, but the main thing was just to go and play footy and that was for Burleigh at the time.’’

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/81969

Toads
15-08-13, 05:27 PM
NEVER MENTION THIS EVER AGAIN!!!:mad:

There is a parallel universe where Cartwright was sacked for that decision and the years since have not been as barren.

We have been given absolutely no favours by the draw but the Cowboys are rubbish and have nothing to play for. So if we stay in the grind as we did against the Dogs they will turn it up and we will get them.

Don't underestimate the Cowboys at Home. Fair enough their season is shot, but they will come onto the paddock 'n play their hearts out for North Queensland come Saturday Arvo.

Blade07
15-08-13, 09:55 PM
We are underdogs in the betting
How???

shamus
15-08-13, 09:59 PM
We are underdogs in the betting
How???

Who cares...get on 'em :thumbsup:

Titanic
16-08-13, 12:09 AM
We know who..

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/profile/00087857_Image.jpeg
who is that masked goat?

Hail Sezer
16-08-13, 08:10 AM
who is that masked goat?

Soo puuurty.

Just read that Zillman might be back with don to be omitted and Mead to the wing. What a ****ing joke **** sakes Carty the amount of political favouritism bull**** that goes on in the squad is a joke.

edit: can't be bothered posting article but I'll cliff it:

-Titans putting ban on drinking to give themselves best possible chance of making finals
-"Zillman moved freely at training and should return, with Anthony Don to drop off the wing in place of David Mead."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/08/16/456478_gold-coast-titans.html

http://www.lolriot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Ron-Swanson-throws-his-computer-away.gif

kioli
16-08-13, 08:21 AM
No way Carty will do that. surely...

Smakked
16-08-13, 08:41 AM
Yes he will..........

Titanic
16-08-13, 11:22 AM
I don't get his argument ... it's hardly difficult to replace considering Mead's form ... this is either (a) a typical Cartwright not wanting to publicly make a difficult decision or (b) hiding that Zillman will be playing fullback ... very sneaky ... not.
No surprise, it's (a) and (b) ... what a twat.

gotitans101_
16-08-13, 01:15 PM
Zillman should have to earn his spot back with the form Meady is in right now. I'd be pissed if I was Mead, hasn't done anything wrong at the back to be shoved aside for the ever so overrated Zillman who hasn't played a game for almost 2 months.

teke
16-08-13, 01:43 PM
Mead back to wing, dowling injured...who in gods name is coming into right centre.

TITAN FAN
16-08-13, 01:44 PM
I have mentioned this in my last post with the hookers
Does the coach go on form or the number on the back
Seems like it is the number on the back

Titanic
16-08-13, 02:57 PM
Mead back to wing, dowling injured...who in gods name is coming into right centre.
O'Dwyer to left centre would be my bet but I wouldn't rule out the return of little Stevie either.

Blade07
16-08-13, 09:03 PM
Why don't we have an indigenous jersey this year they were awesome

Boofhead
17-08-13, 02:41 AM
Zillman back to lead finals assault
Travis Meyn | August 17 2013, 12:01am

THE Titans are planning a surprise attack on the Cowboys with elusive fullback William Zillman to be rushed back into the side for tonight's critical encounter.

Zillman passed a fitness test late yesterday in Townsville and will play his first game in seven weeks after overcoming a groin injury.

While David Mead has done an admirable job in his absence, Zillman was one of the form fullbacks of the competition before being sidelined and his injection into the line-up will provide the Titans with some much-needed firepower as they look to keep their finals hopes alive.

The team had cancelled a training run planned in Townsville but ended up having a light walk-through yesterday afternoon as coach John Cartwright looked to finalise his team with a final decision on the make-up of the 17 to be made today.

''We've got a few options there but we'll keep it close to our chest until an hour before kick-off,'' Cartwright said.

''He's naturally very fit. He's the fittest guy at the club and has been able to keep up with his cardio in the altitude room so I don't think that will be a problem.''

Cartwright has a number of options with Anthony Don, Jamie Dowling or Matt Srama to be left out of the team.

Mead's encouraging form at fullback in the past fortnight, where he has made six line breaks and scored two tries, could see him rotate with Zillman at the back to take the strain of the returning vice-captain.

Zillman's injury has restricted his movement and speed and co-captain Greg Bird said the Titans needed him to be at full flight.

''Zilly's been keen (to play) for three weeks. He's just got one of those injuries that's touch and go,'' he said.

''He could probably go out and play 30-40 minutes but we need him for 80.''

It's a crucial game for the Titans who need at least two wins from their final four games to book a finals berth.

The Cowboys have hit top form in the past two weeks thumping South Sydney and Penrith and Cartwright said shutting down Johnathan Thurston, who notched a season record five try-assists against the Panthers, was pivotal to their chances.

''He was in his element last week. He was trying things, scoring tries off kicks and it all worked,'' he said.

''When he's in that frame of mind it's very hard to stop him.

''It's like any of the great players in the game, you've got to give them the ball where they're least dangerous and cut down their thinking time. That's our challenge this week.''

Hooker Matt Srama is also in the selection fold after passing a fitness test. Srama was called into the squad after Sam Irwin (hamstring) withdrew.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/08/17/456583_gold-coast-titans.html

Toads
17-08-13, 07:20 AM
The team had cancelled a training run planned in Townsville but ended up having a light walk-through yesterday afternoon as coach John Cartwright looked to finalise his team with a final decision on the make-up of the 17 to be made today.

I hope they still made good on their promise to mix with the Fans, as someone from the club said they would. People up North come from miles around just for occasions like this to get a glimpse or a moment with those that they idolise.

Titanic
17-08-13, 08:58 AM
THE Titans are planning a surprise attack on the Cowboys with elusive fullback William Zillman to be rushed back into the side for tonight's critical encounter.
A huge surprise

people come from miles around
Johnny B Goode he is certainly not

shamus
17-08-13, 10:39 AM
Johnny B Goode he is certainly not

You're not playing with your Ding a Ling are you Titanic? :p

C-Whiz
17-08-13, 11:45 AM
Zillman should have to earn his spot back with the form Meady is in right now. I'd be pissed if I was Mead, hasn't done anything wrong at the back to be shoved aside for the ever so overrated Zillman who hasn't played a game for almost 2 months.Exactly this. :thumbsup: +1.

Mead has managed to finish what he has started, which is score tries from the back, and he has been safe and strong in defence. Why change it?

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 03:21 PM
Zillman in, Don out.

Guessing Zillman to fullback.

Hope he feels like he's earned it because I sure as hell don't know how Carty justified this stupid selection to Meady.

**** sakes.

mdrew
17-08-13, 03:23 PM
Another week in NYC, another belting and another ex-player belting us, good on you Alex Grant at least you got out before the senior coaching staff got their hands on you.

mdrew
17-08-13, 03:26 PM
Thank heavens the Cowboys kickers are having an off day in NYC, a seven try belting with still 25 to go

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 03:46 PM
Thank heavens the Cowboys kickers are having an off day in NYC, a seven try belting with still 25 to go

They put 50 on us :ugh:

mdrew
17-08-13, 04:05 PM
The only positive was that five of the boys are still eligible for U18's. Something must be done, three years in a row we have been terrible in NYC, come on Titans stop treating the young GC players with such utter contempt.

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 04:06 PM
The only positive was that five of the boys are still eligible for U18's. Something must be done, three years in a row we have been terrible in NYC, come on Titans stop treating the young GC players with such utter contempt.

Which 5 are still eligible for 18s?

mdrew
17-08-13, 04:08 PM
Tevita Folau, Jackson Clarke, Nathan Wilson, Anthony Coleman and Sam Gee. Good to see Nathan get his first NYC points, plenty more to come next year, I hope

hatchy84
17-08-13, 04:41 PM
We look flat

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 04:47 PM
Meady woulda been on Sezer's should..

teke
17-08-13, 05:02 PM
Team has no spark, looks like they think they don't have to work for a try

hatchy84
17-08-13, 05:14 PM
Very coincidental zillman back and where boring again

teke
17-08-13, 05:16 PM
Woefully meh

gotitans101_
17-08-13, 05:19 PM
We look terrible. Why?

teke
17-08-13, 05:25 PM
No one is directing the forwards where to run from the back. No one is swooping in at speed from the back...

Jamal's Hamstring
17-08-13, 05:26 PM
Very coincidental zillman back and where boring again

I would say coincidence is exactly what it is.

a flash of gordon
17-08-13, 05:32 PM
Zillman should be the freshest player on the field after six weeks off.

kioli
17-08-13, 05:42 PM
**** poor Birdy... Hope he's okay.

gotitans101_
17-08-13, 05:53 PM
Sezer is having a shocker. Only thing we seem to know how to do is to bomb on 5th.

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 05:55 PM
Sezer is having a shocker. Only thing we seem to know how to do is to bomb on 5th.

5 hit ups and a bomb.

Zillman out of position and they score.

Classic game for us.

Titanic
17-08-13, 05:56 PM
Mead's try that one ... shocker.

Jamal's Hamstring
17-08-13, 05:58 PM
Mead's try that one ... shocker.

Agreed. Should have gobbled that one.

Titanic
17-08-13, 05:59 PM
Missed the first half ... what's happened to us?

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 06:01 PM
Missed the first half ... what's happened to us?

Flat boring etc etc usual

gotitans101_
17-08-13, 06:07 PM
We don't even look like scoring. Another winnable game down the ****ter.

ozynorts
17-08-13, 06:11 PM
Where the f*** is the fullback sweeping across for these kicks???????????????????????????

Jamal's Hamstring
17-08-13, 06:11 PM
Well. ****.

hatchy84
17-08-13, 06:12 PM
Let's hope its just flat after mnf but I would put it down to boring old football playing for zillman who is never there as support

teke
17-08-13, 06:14 PM
Let's hope its just flat after mnf but I would put it down to boring old football playing for zillman who is never there as supporthavnt looked like winning since the first 5 mins. Horrible

Titanic
17-08-13, 06:14 PM
2014 is our next goal because we are now stuffed.

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 06:16 PM
2014 is our next goal because we are now stuffed.

2014 thread will be made within the next few days.

Boofhead
17-08-13, 06:16 PM
I still rate us a chance of making the finals, not with Zillman at the back though.

gotitans101_
17-08-13, 06:18 PM
Luke O'Dwyer done his ACL.

teke
17-08-13, 06:19 PM
Win one lose 2, win 2 lose 4

gotitans101_
I still rate us a chance of making the finals, not with Zillman at the back though.

I really don't know. I don't get this team. One week we look convincing and the next we look clueless.

Boofhead
Cowboys almost played worse than what they did in round 1 last year and we couldn't put them away.

Titanic
17-08-13, 06:22 PM
and the trainer was packing up the ice ... shame

Boofhead
17-08-13, 06:26 PM
I really don't know. I don't get this team. One week we look convincing and the next we look clueless.

We have another 12 points in us with Kelly in the side.

Falloon is a big loss though.

Toads
17-08-13, 06:26 PM
Bad to see Luke ODwyer's career end like that. Hope they give him a bit of a send off at the next Home game.

As for the rest of the game.. No Comment.

Mexican titan
17-08-13, 06:31 PM
Back to boring again but whoever said they may have been flat after Monday night I think might have been right.
One thing that I cannot cop from this side is the way the wingers come in when in defence. We had three blokes on the Cowboys centre and Kevvy still comes in and they score. Happens week after week and the opposition pick it all the time.

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 06:34 PM
All Blacks will cheer me up.

Toads
17-08-13, 06:35 PM
All Blacks will cheer me up.

Do me a favour. Go to bed early.. :D

teke
17-08-13, 06:35 PM
Back to boring again but whoever said they may have been flat after Monday night I think might have been right.
One thing that I cannot cop from this side is the way the wingers come in when in defence. We had three blokes on the Cowboys centre and Kevvy still comes in and they score. Happens week after week and the opposition pick it all the time.he was way out of position for that try but usually it's just not numbering up. That was nothing in terms of how the team played, so dam ordinary.

How can the team be happy standing in front of the kicker on tackle 5 and just wandering up to make a tackle without competing.

Julius Sezer
17-08-13, 06:52 PM
Masterstroke from Carty to put Zillman at fullback over Mead

teke
17-08-13, 07:05 PM
He drops a ball on the wing that leads to try, loses all confidence and I will text him to ask for release to join Manly :D

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 07:12 PM
Do me a favour. Go to bed early.. :D

Cruden what an assist.

gotitans101_
17-08-13, 08:35 PM
The Donkeys have a better chance of making the 8 than we do now. Our run home is...well...ridiculously difficult. We aren't beating the Roosters or the Storm, away from home.

Titanic
17-08-13, 11:29 PM
Sezer's kick out on the full ... Minichiello's dropsy ... the poor reads ... the numbering-up ... all the rest already mentioned ... we are not a semi-final contender although we have the players ... but as they say "it starts in the front office".

gotitans101_
18-08-13, 12:16 AM
Carty in the press conference sort of implied that our 'flatness' was because of the Monday night curse + the short turnaround. Give me a break.

Mexican titan
18-08-13, 07:28 AM
Carty in the press conference sort of implied that our 'flatness' was because of the Monday night curse + the short turnaround. Give me a break.

I can sort of accept that on this occasion but as for the other ten or so times we have played a similar boring style this season he couldn't use that excuse.
The last two wins took the heat off Carty a bit but we should not forget the overall picture and that is just scraping in to the 8 and being knocked out in the first week is also not good enough. On paper this side should be just outside the top 4 in my book and it's only pathetic coaching that is stopping them from being there.

Titanic
18-08-13, 09:59 AM
Sorry but I can't accept it at all ... playing for your survival should bring out the effort ... the non-accountability in our club is extraordinary for a club run by an account.

Tamwelg
18-08-13, 10:24 AM
Haven't watched the game yet, had to work. Usually watch the replay, but not sure I will.

C-Whiz
18-08-13, 10:41 AM
Haven't watched the game yet, had to work. Usually watch the replay, but not sure I will.
I listened to the first half on the radio then watched the second half with no sound, but sitting here watching the replay now. Save yourself the frustration!

Cows didn't win this game, which is what is so annoying about it. it was there to be won, we just had nothing.

The team looked like what it was, a team that had been working well together for a couple of weeks, then players get moved around and the mojo is gone. And with it, possibly our season. But the coach will stay.

I think we might be lucky playing Storm and Rooters, because by the time we get around to them the top 4 might have been sorted and they may be resting key players etc. It's happened before. :thumbsup:

Tamwelg
18-08-13, 11:17 AM
Freddy on the footy show, "Titans look like Sharks 5 years ago, 5 hit ups for a kick. They are very predictable."

LOL

teke
18-08-13, 11:43 AM
Freddy on the footy show, "Titans look like Sharks 5 years ago, 5 hit ups for a kick. They are very predictable."

LOLand the worst thing about that is, every kick Sezer puts up the entire team is 2 or 3 mtrs in front of him and don't put any kind of pressure on

Supergoose
18-08-13, 09:01 PM
The positional changes made in this game were deplorable. The team was flying how they were. Sure, bring Zillman back in, he's a tremendous player, but being him in for the player he's replacing as that's the least amount of shuffling. The Harrison at five-eighth solution finally run its course. The right side was torn to shreds and Takairangi had his worst game of the year. This was Thurston terrorizing that side but also Linnett hammering Takairangi. Dowling was solid against Tate.

The comments regarding Zillman were spot on. He should've been either at left centre or 5/8 as mead was key to our previous victories. He may get targeted by the Bulldogs as a replacement for Barba.

Some good performances though with the front row holding their own. The backrow probably ended up on the wrong side of the ledger though as Gavin Cooper was quite dominant.

Toads
19-08-13, 06:27 AM
The positional changes made in this game were deplorable. The team was flying how they were. Sure, bring Zillman back in, he's a tremendous player, but being him in for the player he's replacing as that's the least amount of shuffling. The Harrison at five-eighth solution finally run its course. The right side was torn to shreds and Takairangi had his worst game of the year. This was Thurston terrorizing that side but also Linnett hammering Takairangi. Dowling was solid against Tate.

The comments regarding Zillman were spot on. He should've been either at left centre or 5/8 as mead was key to our previous victories. He may get targeted by the Bulldogs as a replacement for Barba.

Some good performances though with the front row holding their own. The backrow probably ended up on the wrong side of the ledger though as Gavin Cooper was quite dominant.

That's so hilarious 'n yet seems like a possible blessing out of the blue at the same time. Hope it comes to fruition. But if latest gossip is true, Hassler may have found his new Fullback in Morris.