PDA

View Full Version : Round 20: Gold Coast Titans vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 05:37 AM
Gold Coast Titans vs South Sydney Rabbitohs

http://d35kvm5iuwjt9t.cloudfront.net/dbimages/sfx100345.jpg

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 05:38 AM
2nd last home game of the year, where has the year gone?

TITAN PETE
19-07-13, 07:28 AM
2nd last home game of the year, where has the year gone?

Probably the same direction as the previous couple :?)

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 07:34 AM
TICKETS. GET YOUR TICKETS. (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TIT2013)

Skyfire
19-07-13, 08:39 AM
We will need Myles fully rested if we are to have a hope of winning.

teke
19-07-13, 09:04 AM
Probably the same direction as the previous couple :?):laugh:

Titanic
19-07-13, 09:19 AM
no "probably" required

CoastSportsFan
22-07-13, 12:57 AM
I was pretty concerned when I heard two radio stations handing out "heaps" of free tickets for the Souths game. How can we possibly be profitable in the long run if we give out heaps of free tickets and need 15,000 paying attendees to turn a profit on game day. David May claimed we were making a small profit this year but I can't see how this is possible. Where is the revenue coming from?

DIEHARD
22-07-13, 07:24 AM
I'm not concerned with them giving tickets away, it's important to try and introduce new people to the game and it hasn't reached anywhere near the epidemic levels of other sports and clubs, such as GWS.

But something has to happen because 2014 renewals go out next month. Delicate times.

Get your Titans v Souths tickets HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TIT2013).

Toads
22-07-13, 08:15 AM
I'm not concerned with them giving tickets away, it's important to try and introduce new people to the game and it hasn't reached anywhere near the epidemic levels of other sports and clubs, such as GWS.

But something has to happen because 2014 renewals go out next month. Delicate times.

Get your Titans v Souths tickets HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=TIT2013).

You are so right, Mate. I think you'll find a lot of folks would be happy to renew their memberships. But there's two people standing in the way, preventing that from happening.

Heck, earlier this year. I increased the amount we deposit weekly into our Family's Christmas Club account to cover this financial hurdle that hits at the wrong time every year. Just so we could cover our memberships for 2014. But if it's the same ol' same old. Well, it looks as if our memberships wont be getting renewed 'n we'll have an extra fat Christmas for it instead.

As for this match up, against the Bunnies. There's not much more I can add that hasn't been said by others for the last month. A win would be great, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Supergoose
22-07-13, 08:34 AM
I reckon we'll win this one, depending on some of the selections. I thought that Dowling and Rankin went well and should be first cabs off the rank while Zillman and Idris are out. As much as au want to see Mead at fullback, Dowling is better than Don.

Mexican titan
22-07-13, 04:57 PM
It will be interesting to see who inflates the crowd the best this week. I think the Titans announced crowds this year have been pretty close to the truth (other than the first couple of games) but the Suns have hugely inflated theirs and I have been at a couple of Suns games which were about half of that announced. Both are expecting near 20,000 this week according to the press.

TITAN PETE
22-07-13, 06:15 PM
Am hearing ticket sales for this match are very high & looks like the away bay will be very Red & Green , along with probably the rest of the stadium as the Rabbits supporters are coming out of the Burrows..

DIEHARD
22-07-13, 06:22 PM
Anyone else gonna watch MNF and have a look at our opponents. I reckon they will smash the Dragons.

teke
22-07-13, 06:50 PM
I'm hearing, lineup will once again be diff to the previous round.

:laugh:

Penny might drop soon once all the changes have been exhausted

Geeman
22-07-13, 07:25 PM
Anyone else gonna watch MNF and have a look at our opponents. I reckon they will smash the Dragons.

Am watching it now, they aren't looking that good at the moment

DIEHARD
22-07-13, 07:28 PM
Am watching it now, they aren't looking that good at the moment

No they aren't are they. I'm not sure if that is a good or a bad thing!

DIEHARD
22-07-13, 07:29 PM
May be a near empty stadium but the Souths fans are really creating an atmosphere, Dragons fans too I'm sure.

Geeman
22-07-13, 08:28 PM
It is impressive hearing the crowd singing in full voice. It does worry me when teams like the bunnies play like this a week before playing us, you just know they will get a reaming from the coach and be fired up for the next game :(

DIEHARD
22-07-13, 08:59 PM
Dragons win in Golden Point time. Wow. We wont be able to ambush them, they will be fired up.

TITAN PETE
22-07-13, 09:04 PM
That won't help us on Saturday Night

thelwall
22-07-13, 10:57 PM
hopefully it took alot out of them

Steelers
23-07-13, 01:30 AM
Sorry about that :rolleyes:

DIEHARD
23-07-13, 10:08 AM
Sorry about that :rolleyes:

Haha you'd be pretty happy about that! What a win, what a win!

DIEHARD
23-07-13, 10:38 AM
Aidan seizes the moment

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/images/uploadedfiles/editorial/pictures/2013/07/23/sezer-keen-to-improve-scroller.jpg

A RESOLUTE Aidan Sezer is determined to turn his Titans season around against competition leaders South Sydney this week after describing his past month as ``below par''.

Sezer has been a revelation for the Gold Coast since making his first-grade debut last year, giving the club the genuine five-eighth it had craved since the retirement of Mat Rogers.

The unexpected departure of Scott Prince late last year left the Coast with a young halves pairing but Sezer and Albert Kelly rose to the challenge, helping the Titans into the top four early in the season.

But on the back of their third consecutive loss, the Titans have tumbled to 10th on the NRL ladder, with Sezer disappointed with his form over the past month.

``I've probably been below par the last few weeks,'' he said.

``We've got to assess where we're going wrong and be more composed in pressure situations and help the bigger boys around the paddock.''

Sezer has hardly been terrible in the past month, with few Titans able to hold their heads high after conceding 124 points in three matches.

``It's a team game and you don't get 40 (points) put on you if everyone's performing,'' he said.

``I guess everyone's been below par I think I can speak for everyone on that.

``We know what we've got to do to win games and we've got to get our attitude right and start performing the way we were in the opening half of the season and get a bit of belief and confidence back in the group.''

But Sezer believes the turnaround may have already started given the fight the Titans showed to battle their way back in the second half against Manly Sea Eagles.

The 22-year-old got the Titans back within eight points late in the game when he raced 98m to score after fielding a grubber close to his own line before Manly ran in two late tries to finish with a comfortable final margin.

``I think we can take a bit of a positive away from the character and the guts we showed in that second half bar the last three minutes,'' he said. ``We've just got to keep going like that.

``We've been on the back of heavy defeats in the last few weeks and it's not good for the confidence but we've just got to take the positives out of (the Manly game) and put everything else behind us.''

And he has an unshakable belief the Titans' best is yet to come.

``We're still in a position to make the finals and we don't want to hide away from the fact that's our goal this year and we'd be disappointed otherwise,'' he said.

``It's not going to get any easier against Souths but we're confident we can get the job done against any team on any given day.

``Hopefully we can come out next week and perform well and get the two points and kickstart our roll to the finals.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/07/23/455062_gold-coast-titans.html

Toads
23-07-13, 11:30 AM
Aiden is right, when he says the Titans performance lately is "below par", considering the 38% win rate in recent years.

Looking forward to the day that it can be turned around 'n we'll be on 50% or better. I do have faith it will come around. Simply because it doesn't matter how entrenched someone is, in their position. Whether it be Head Coach or Executive Manager, they will eventually fall off their perch, because no one is immortal (yet). I may not see it happen in my lifetime, but I still hold onto that glimmer of hope that it will eventually happen..

[/sarcasm]

``We're still in a position to make the finals and we don't want to hide away from the fact that's our goal this year and we'd be disappointed otherwise,'' he said.

This might be part of the problem. When they're aiming so high and yet achieving so little. They might be bordering on being delusional. To me, the sooner they grasp onto their current performance levels, the sooner they might be able to turn it around. But while they've got their heads in the clouds (so to speak), nothing is going to change in the near future. Suck it up 'n admit that most teams throughout the comp have been piling on 30-40 points against us 'n stop this daydreaming of being in the Finals. Because as it is, we're not within cooee of being Finals Contenders. It's mind boggling to try 'n comprehend that there's this belief that they're going to make it, with the ordinary performances they've been dishing up on the paddock lately.

Yes, reality can be cruel 'n harsh. But once you've succumbed to it, only then this current situation might be abled to be turned around. Keep daydreaming 'n see where this will end up.

Dopamine
23-07-13, 01:08 PM
iSelect Titans vs Rabbitohs
7.30pm – Saturday, July 27
Skilled Park

1 Jordan Rankin
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamie Dowling
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ben Ridge
17 Beau Falloon
18 Ryan James
19 Luke O'Dwyer

TITAN PETE
23-07-13, 01:18 PM
Better looking side just hope they actually take the field in this way & just drop 18 & 19, Ioane should be ahead of both of them anyway..

Bayside Titan
23-07-13, 01:28 PM
Better looking side just hope they actually take the field in this way & just drop 18 & 19, Ioane should be ahead of both of them anyway..
Agree TP.....Ioane is starting to get into a grove as well.....Dowling to me looks like the week point...

teke
23-07-13, 01:28 PM
Pumped up rabbitohs looking for revenge.

Uh oh...40 more pts coming

matti
23-07-13, 02:20 PM
future captain sezer is..

TITAN PETE
23-07-13, 02:32 PM
Titans expect a fired-up Souths
By Ed Jackson
AAP
Tue 23rd July, 1:54pm

Titans coach John Cartwright says South Sydney will be smarting
Gold Coast coach John Cartwright expects to face a fired-up South Sydney after the NRL ladder-leader's shock loss to St George Illawarra on Monday.

The Rabbitohs were upset in golden point by rivals the Dragons and have a short turnaround before taking on the Titans at Skilled Park on Saturday.

Cartwright recalled State of Origin pair Nate Myles and Greg Bird on Tuesday after resting them from last weekend's clash against Manly while centre Brad Takairangi has also been named to play the Bunnies.

While the trio are big inclusions, Cartwright believes he'll need his best available personnel to overcome a hungry Souths outfit.

"(Souths) had their chances to win the game so I'd say they'd be smarting," Cartwright said.

"They're leading the comp and were up by 12 points with not long to go so I'm pretty sure they'll be made aware of where they were short and they'll come up here ready."

The Titans' desperation should also be high following their three heavy defeats on the spin after Sunday's loss to the Sea Eagles.

Those losses have dumped the Titans out of the top eight and down to 10th with a tough run-in looming.

Cartwright said his team must win their remaining three home matches to have any hope of making the finals.

"It's very frustrating," he said.

"The thing that it does come down to is confidence ... in combinations and each other.

"We're not making any excuses ... we're going to work hard on getting it right. One thing for sure is the Manly game was a much improved effort.

Titanic
23-07-13, 03:17 PM
One thing for sure is the Manly game was a much improved effort.
I must have been watching a different game ... or has rugby league suddenly become a 20 minute spectacle?

TITAN PETE
23-07-13, 03:43 PM
I must have been watching a different game ... or has rugby league suddenly become a 20 minute spectacle?

i hope anyone reading your highlight can see those are Cartys words not mine..:?)

Geeman
23-07-13, 03:45 PM

I know it was not a great result by any stretch of the imagination, and I am not saying we were impressive, but I did think they showed more fight against Manly than they did against either Penrith or Newcastle.

thelwall
23-07-13, 11:20 PM
well i dont think we could of got any worse then those to..........

TITAN PETE
24-07-13, 09:12 AM
Cartwright delivers home truth
Daniel Meers | 12:01am July 24, 2013

GOLD Coast Titans coach John Cartwright has told his players they must win all three remaining home matches if they are to play in their first finals series since 2010.

Their first test is at Skilled Park on Saturday night against a fatigued South Sydney line-up who have just four days to back up after a shock loss to St George Illawarra on Monday.

Titans coaching staff ensured co-captains Greg Bird and Nate Myles did not play against Manly on Sunday so they would be in peak condition for this weekend's blockbuster.

In a further boost to the Titans, Will Zillman could be an 11th-hour inclusion.

Cartwright conceded three home games against Souths, Wests Tigers and the New Zealand Warriors were critical to their finals hopes.

''We've got to win our home games,'' he said.

''It takes a little bit of pressure from your away games. It's going to be a big focus to win our remaining three home games. If we do that we are not in a bad position.''

The Titans have to play heavyweights Melbourne and the Roosters on the road. Their end of season also includes road trips to North Queensland and a clash against the Bulldogs.

Bird, Myles and Brad Takairangi were all named to return to the Titans yesterday.

Zillman, who continues to battle a groin injury, was not named, but Cartwright admitted he would be given a chance to prove his fitness if he believed he could play.

''At this stage he is out,'' he said. ''He has a problem with his groin. We will work on him all week and if there is a chance he is OK we will give him a test.''

Cartwright refused to buy into suggestions the Bunnies would struggle to back up after their golden point loss to the Dragons.

''I don't think they'll be fatigued. They are very good at recovery these days,'' he said. ''They've got a minor premiership to chase and we've got a top eight spot.''

The Titans have had defensive issues on both edges in their past three losses and that is something Cartwright will focus on at training this morning.

''It's very frustrating. The thing it comes down to is confidence,'' Cartwright said.

''We are not making any excuses. We have isolated where we went wrong and we'll work on it.

Jordan Rankin will retain his position at fullback if Zillman doesn't play.

A crowd of 20,000 is expected at Skilled Park on Saturday night.

Geeman
24-07-13, 04:04 PM
well i dont think we could of got any worse then those to..........

Don't tempt fate :D

TITAN PETE
25-07-13, 08:41 AM
Takairangi back to plug holes
Emma Greenwood | 12:01am July 25, 2013

IMPOSING centre Brad Takairangi has resolved to become a defensive glue for the Titans on their fragile left side, conceding their efforts to stop points leaking through the edges have not been up to scratch.

An astounding 23 tries have been scored against the Gold Coast in their past three matches, most of them coming down the flanks as the Titans defence has back-pedalled.

Takairangi returns to the starting line-up against Souths on Saturday night after a month-long lay-off with a rib cartilage injury, and he's determined to start reversing the trend.

Since his second-last start in round 14, the Titans have conceded the most points and tries per game of any team in the competition, while also allowing the most line breaks.

And after a season start that suggested they had the defensive starch to worry any team, they have, in just over a month, missed the equal third most tackles.

''A lot of it comes down to talk,'' Takairangi said. ''The communication on both edges just hasn't been up to scratch. I like to think I'm a good talker and hopefully I can just keep chatting away and keep everyone buzzing.''

After making his debut at centre in round 1, Takairangi has had a frustratingly inconsistent season as he battled a hamstring strain and then rib cartilage injury.

His problems have mirrored those of the Titans, who have wrestled with constant line-up changes on their flanks due to injuries.

''I was blessed to get that first crack at centre and it was my first real starting spot,'' Takairangi said.

''Although I've had a couple of injuries, there's seven games left and I plan on doing everything I can to cement myself there.

''It's been very frustrating, especially watching the boys lose a few. You hate watching, let alone watching them lose.

''We have to be talking a lot. We have to play with a lot more energy than we have been and hopefully I can bring a lot of that to the team this week.''

Co-captain Greg Bird, who returns after a break following Origin duties, saw good signs in the second-half fightback against the Sea Eagles last week but knows things have to change if the Titans are to overcome their difficult run to the finals.

''We played a good up-tempo game and made some good yards and that's going to be a similar style we're going to have to play against Souths,'' Bird said.

''But errors and penalties let us down again and it's a problem and it's a frustration that's happened through this period with players trying to do too much and then dropping the ball.

''I'm sure that if we can maintain possession and then play the field position game against Souths we'll put some pressure on them.''

Fullback William Zillman (groin injury) will not return this week, despite earlier hopes, so Jordan Rankin is set to play his second game of the season.

DIEHARD
25-07-13, 10:00 AM
I'm excited to see Taka back. Hope he is fit. I like what I've seen when given the chance.

Titanic
25-07-13, 01:28 PM
Takairangi's great and we look a lot better with him in the team ... I can't help but think that Bird at 13 and Taylor on the left is a better fit.

Mt Smart
25-07-13, 09:28 PM
Good luck for this one.
Obviously we lost to the Rabbits in Perth , I would love to see them taken down another peg for another week on the trot.

They don't like Big outside backs running straight at them over and over I noticed and they don't have G.I. to shut that down this week.

Take them out.

TITAN PETE
26-07-13, 06:47 AM
Bird ready to stew Rabbits
Emma Greenwood | 12:01am July 26, 2013

A REFRESHED Greg Bird is set to take the disappointment of another State of Origin series loss out on competition leaders Souths after returning from an enforced lay-off.

Titans coach John Cartwright's decision to rest co-captains Bird and Nate Myles from last week's clash against Manly could prove a masterstroke, with Bird revealing he was raring to go after a gruelling Origin series.

While giving his body a break was important, Bird revealed the emotional toll of being in another losing Blues side was the most difficult thing to overcome.

''It is disheartening, especially to do it year in, year out and to be in the same position,'' he said.

''But you get back on the paddock with the Titans, get a couple of wins and we can forget about it for another 10 months. That's the attitude you've got to have and that's the attitude I've got at the moment.''

The Titans' challenging travel schedule over the Origin period included games at Mudgee, Cairns and Darwin venues off the regular NRL track and made downtime a rare thing.

A rare few days off was a welcome reprieve that quickly restored body and mind ahead of the club's push towards the finals.

''We came back from Origin busted and really struggled to put in for the team afterwards,'' Bird said.

''But I'm feeling great now and ready to blow the disappointment of the series (loss) out of my system with a good win against Souths. We've got fresh legs in me and Nate now, a bit of time off, so hopefully we can play an up-tempo game through the middle of Souths and kick-start the end of our season.

''It's no secret we've got quite a tough run in, so it'd be a perfect start for us to knock off the season front-runners.''

The Titans slipped to 10th place on the ladder after their loss to the Sea Eagles last week, with many writing off their finals chances.

But they are only a win outside the eight and refusing to write themselves off despite their recent form.

''We've had a rough couple of weeks,'' Bird said.

''Although early on and with the Origin players out we had a couple of wins, then injury started to strike and we've been quite depleted.

''We've had a couple of disappointing losses but I think we've got a lot more of our No.1 team back now and I'm definitely confident.''

DIEHARD
26-07-13, 11:19 AM
Ah is there ever a Souths article without a cooking analogy.....

DIEHARD
26-07-13, 03:17 PM
Maguire leaves Titans guessing over King

South Sydney coach Michael Maguire confirmed veteran Matt King would make his first appearance of the NRL season on Saturday night - but just where he lines up remains anyone's guess.

King was part of the Rabbitohs squad which boarded Friday's flight to the Gold Coast for the clash against the Titans - his return completing a remarkable comeback after it had seemed consecutive broken arms had ended his career.

The 32-year-old, off contract at the end of the season, last played in the NRL in the opening week of last year's finals series, when he broke his arm playing against former club Melbourne.

He contemplated retirement at the time, before committing to see out the season with the Bunnies.

He then re-broke the arm in his comeback in the NSW Cup in March, but his perseverance paid off when he was recalled for Saturday's Skilled Park tussle.

"It's a great story," Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire said.

"If you saw him when he was told about his arm and he'd probably be out of the game for a long time, he was quite devastated.

"But he stuck to it and now he's got his opportunity again."

His opportunity comes on the back of South Sydney's worst showing of the season, beaten in golden point by struggling St George Illawarra on Monday night.

The most obvious scenario would see King come onto the wing with Nathan Merritt shifting to fullback, which would result in Justin Hunt being omitted.

But Maguire was refusing to give his hand away.

"You'll see that tomorrow night. You'll see a few changes there," Maguire said.

"He's going to play.

"Unfortunately on Monday we didn't live up to our standards and this group of players definitely have high standards.

"You obviously get some changes when things like that on Monday happen."

http://www.nrl.com

TITAN PETE
27-07-13, 09:23 AM
Titans promise Rabbit-proof fence
Emma Greenwood | 12:30am July 27, 2013

TITANS co-captain Nate Myles says the club will refuse to stand for the type of defence that had become a hallmark of its month of shame.

Myles, who returns to the team with co-captain Greg Bird for tonight's crucial clash against competition leaders Souths, said there had been patches of play over the last few weeks that were below par for the club that headed into the season priding itself on its defensive standards.

''Our form probably hasn't been fantastic, there's definitely been some patches there that we don't want to be known for,'' Myles said.

''I think when you leak as many points as we did last week, defence is going to be at the top of your list to fix up.

''It's something we want to be much better at.

''We had some games there at the start of the year where we were getting better as a team but I think the back end of both halves last week it wasn't fantastic for us.

''Everyone needs to lift up a cog this week and (make sure) defence is right there for us.''

Myles is a man of few words but they're usually on the mark.

Asked about the importance of tonight's crucial clash against competition leaders Souths as his Titans bid to keep touch with the top eight and a September finals date, Myles was typically forthright.

''It's pretty simple, losing's not going to help us,'' he said.

''We want to win and we want to start (tonight).''

Regaining their refreshed co-captains will help the Titans, as will the injection of centre Brad Takairangi, who ran on the right side with David Mead yesterday.

The Titans head into tonight's match brimming with confidence, believing the Dragons exposed the Rabbitohs in their golden point win on Monday night.

''We did some good video on them and there were some points there that we can definitely put some attention towards,'' Myles said.

But he warned against believing a result would just fall the Titans way with Greg Inglis out of the side.

''We can't be worrying about them being less of a team, they've got fellas like Issac Luke and John Sutton that are playing some terrific football, so we're going to be wary,'' he said. ''We've got to go out there and all step it up a notch, if we're not doing that it's not going to happen for us.

''If our thought process is that they're going to be a lesser side without Greg Inglis, we're going to be in for a rough day.''

Coach John Cartwright said there had been plenty of ''hard work and soul searching'' after the results of the past month but he remained confident the Titans could push into finals reckoning.

''Three weeks ago we were a point outside the top four,'' he said. ''I've said all along I believe this side has the ability to go deep into the competition. I don't care who we play down the track, it's important to get a win here at home for a lot of reasons.

''You win two in a row and then all of a sudden the whole market and the landscape changes again.''

The Titans have not yet put pen to paper with Storm utility Maurice Blair.

But they are believed to be close to a deal with the Queenslander, who is being forced out of Melbourne by salary cap pressure.

DIEHARD
27-07-13, 09:26 AM
Oh I can barely take any more rabbit themed puns. Thank god we only play them once or twice a year.

teke
27-07-13, 09:50 AM
Oh I can barely take any more rabbit themed puns. Thank god we only play them once or twice a year.:laugh:

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 10:41 AM
Oh I can barely take any more rabbit themed puns. Thank god we only play them once or twice a year.
Where is Elmer Fudd saying " Be vewy , vewy quiet I hunting Rabbits" ;-)

Titanic
27-07-13, 11:30 AM
The one we don't want is being "made a bunny of" again and the one one I want to see is "Titans jam a carrot up the **** of ..... ".

DIEHARD
27-07-13, 02:51 PM
Haha Titanic! I'd read your articles any time!!

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 05:08 PM
Hey anyone going I would love and come and introduce myself. Pm me your seat number and ill come and say hi.

Mods. Are you able to allow me to receive messages at all as my iPhone for some reason won't allow me. Thank you.

gotitans101_
27-07-13, 06:18 PM
I'm prepared for another 30+ put on us tonight. Haven't seen enough improvement to suggest otherwise.

Nick
27-07-13, 06:37 PM
As a certain twat of a rabbits supporter would say; We got dis!

I am looking forward to a good game tonight. I think the Rankin experiment at Fb may start paying off, both wingers for doubles from rankin cut-outs/ kicks... I can dream!

CoastSportsFan
27-07-13, 07:15 PM
How is the crowd looking tonight lads? Unfortunately I won't be able to make it. Not sure the Titans will put up much of an effort tonight anyway but I sit in hope.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 07:34 PM
Good crowd. 18 k

Boofhead
27-07-13, 07:40 PM
Hook him now, don't know how many times I need to say it. This kid is not NRL grade.

teke
27-07-13, 07:42 PM
Argh yes, the great coaches fb option.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 07:44 PM
F?&king Rankin and Burgess boys running at Srama.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 07:51 PM
Luke Douglas can't sit still. He's giving running commentary.

Boofhead
27-07-13, 07:51 PM
"More Rabbitohs fans that Titans fans here tonight."

Boofhead
27-07-13, 07:55 PM
Token harro penalty.

teke
27-07-13, 07:56 PM
Score is gonna get to coasters golf round today lolol b

titanfan1980
1st try very soft from bailey and minichellio, Harrison already has given away 2 penaltys. Rankin.. Well no comment needed.. Positives how good is Matt sramas tackles for his size. Man that kid has heart

amaline
What is the record for most knock ons in one game?

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 07:57 PM
Pull Rankin now. Let the madness stop.

Boofhead
27-07-13, 07:57 PM
Jordan Rankinnn.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 07:59 PM
Where you sitting Boof?

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:01 PM
Where you sitting Boof?

On my couch lol.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 08:03 PM
Srama off. Looks like ankle. Burgess shoulder as well.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 08:04 PM
Prob a good thing.

lonegull
27-07-13, 08:04 PM
Ben ikin absolutely bagging everything titans does

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:06 PM
Ben ikin absolutely bagging everything titans does

Funny because I think he tipped us too.

titanfan1980
27-07-13, 08:07 PM
Haha madge doing the review this week on us woulda said to himself "ok so all they do is five 1 out runs with no support then kick" haha go carty good shape!

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:08 PM
Huge chance missed there, we need more of that from Nate.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 08:11 PM
Srama won't be back.

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:11 PM
Credit to Rankin, he hasn't totally disgraced himself.

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:16 PM
We have missed 27 tackles according to official stats.

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:16 PM
Goodbye 2013.

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:17 PM
Sorry 30 missed tackles

lonegull
2014 look forward to it, hopefully a few changes is key areas

titanfan1980
Ashley Harrison are you even trying did you see the George burgess try?? He looked at him bent his back for the tackle and just watched him score??

lonegull
27-07-13, 08:18 PM
We have missed 27 tackles according to official stats.

Does that surprise anyone, totally expected

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:19 PM
Do you honestly believe that things will change? Seriously we are a bunch of ^%&*%&$% fools for still following this disgrace. Even the referees and commentary are taking liberties

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:21 PM
34 missed tackles Lol - 50 on us tonight I hope

teke
27-07-13, 08:21 PM
Do you honestly believe that things will change? Seriously we are a bunch of ^%&*%&$% fools for still following this disgrace. Even the referees and commentary are taking liberties:laugh:

I am hoping for the final blow of cartys coaching career

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:22 PM
No hope of that he will blame someone else. LOL Blake Leary GC junior too

I am hoping for the final blow of cartys coaching career

Boonarga
27-07-13, 08:23 PM

Just two are needed. Cartwright and Searle.
Burgess never reached the line there but I don't even care anymore.

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:25 PM
I am the opposite, I am desperately hoping for a 50 point thrashing, I obviously enjoying supporting sick pathetic jokes, must be because I am one

Just two are needed. Cartwright and Searle.
Burgess never reached the line there but I don't even care anymore.

Chaserz
27-07-13, 08:25 PM
Crap, my live stream got disconnected. But from what I have seen so far...:(

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:38 PM
Harrison is killing us...

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:42 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA explain this Cartwright. Who are you going to blame this time

teke
27-07-13, 08:42 PM
:mad:

Going as expected

lonegull
27-07-13, 08:43 PM
Not just Harrison the whole team don't seem to be up to it tonight no urgency what so ever you wouldn't think this as a season defining game by the way titans are playing

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:43 PM
"Cartwright upbeat about first half."

There is our problem right there.

lonegull
27-07-13, 08:44 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA explain this Cartwright. Who are you going to blame this time

I can quote what he will say in the press conference " we can take a lot I positives out of that"

Hail Sezer
27-07-13, 08:44 PM
Alby is such a trooper

titanfan1980
27-07-13, 08:46 PM
Not just Harrison the whole team don't seem to be up to it tonight no urgency what so ever you wouldn't think this as a season defining game by the way titans are playing

Yeah but Harrison is one of our higher paid, and more importantly he's suppose to be one of our senior leaders. And we just re signed him!

Boofhead
27-07-13, 08:47 PM
Yeah but Harrison is one of our higher paid, and more importantly he's suppose to be one of our senior leaders. And we just re signed him!

Master play by Michael searle.

titanfan1980
27-07-13, 08:48 PM
"Cartwright upbeat about first half."

There is our problem right there.

Yeah when I heard that I was just thinking wow.. Imagine what Bellamy would be saying he's would have said f**k 60 times in his first sentence. Carty tells them there going good haha

Hail Sezer
27-07-13, 08:49 PM
Meady you asset

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:53 PM
How pathetic the official Twitter feed says that Taylor put the ball down under GREAT pressure.

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 08:58 PM
Carty now sitting in players box and some random walked up and have him advice. Hahahah

mdrew
27-07-13, 08:58 PM
39 - 9 the missed tackle count, this is about effort, the players have given up no wonder the fans have.

Boofhead
27-07-13, 09:00 PM
Luke Bailey, I love you.

Griff0
27-07-13, 09:00 PM
Bailey you legend

lonegull
27-07-13, 09:06 PM
Oh well wonder what Carty can take out if this

thelwall
this **** is the reason titans cant get big crowds anymore - we are terrible its really embarrassing

amaline
Sooo... next year?

lonegull
27-07-13, 09:07 PM
3/4 of the crowd are rabbitohs supporters

Boofhead
27-07-13, 09:09 PM
Bailey with an ankle injury as well.

mdrew
27-07-13, 09:11 PM
Luke keary you local junior you, obviously not good enough for the Titans !

lonegull
27-07-13, 09:12 PM
Kelly playing injured he is only going 50 per cent and you can see it hurting titans structure

Boonarga
27-07-13, 09:12 PM
It's good that 19,000 bunnies fans turned up to watch.

lonegull
27-07-13, 09:13 PM
Hopefully we can keep them under 40 lol

Boofhead
27-07-13, 09:18 PM
The mrs just said "oh carty, is that a razor in your pocket or are you just happy to see me."

Boonarga
27-07-13, 09:19 PM
Let's be fair. I see great improvement. We are the best re-starters in the game. We haven't kicked it out on the full for ages.

mdrew
27-07-13, 09:19 PM
It says something when I am laughing at every South's Try. Go Gold Coast junior Keary go!

lonegull
27-07-13, 09:20 PM
Bloody hell once again a terrible effort no structure and back to the d days 5 hit ups and a kick
Dave Taylor absolute shocker

mdrew
27-07-13, 09:20 PM
The pay packet is in the bank account.. no worries Carty!

The mrs just said "oh carty, is that a razor in your pocket or are you just happy to see me."

lonegull
27-07-13, 09:21 PM
Brenton Lawrence must be laughing his head off and glad he left

mdrew
27-07-13, 09:23 PM
Yes we have kept them scoreless for 5 minutes, oh wait that is how long ago the game finished!

teke
27-07-13, 09:26 PM

Bottome 3 for sure, wait up... Don't wanna p off the true Titan fans

DIEHARD
27-07-13, 09:26 PM
Kevin Gordon was brilliant. How good was that Keary for the Souths?! Wow. He looks 12 but got some skills. King had a strong return.

We were once again lucky the Rabbitohs didn't put a further 12-16 points on top of us.

Great crowd. Thanks Souths fans!

DIEHARD
27-07-13, 09:27 PM
Taka looked like he went ok too.

Any update on Srama?

mdrew
27-07-13, 09:33 PM
You mean the ex Gold Coast junior Keary, yes not good enough for us!

Kevin Gordon was brilliant. How good was that Keary for the Souths?! Wow. He looks 12 but got some skills. King had a strong return.

We were once again lucky the Rabbitohs didn't put a further 12-16 points on top of us.

Great crowd. Thanks Souths fans!

DIEHARD
27-07-13, 09:36 PM
Gold Coast junior eh. So that's where they went?!

gotitans101_
27-07-13, 09:42 PM
John Cartwright - surprisingly upbeat at half time. No wonder we had 30 put on us, this man has no idea!

teke
27-07-13, 09:50 PM
:nope:
John Cartwright - surprisingly upbeat at half time. No wonder we had 30 put on us, this man has no idea!to be honest, he knows the deal.

Hopefully this gentleman of the titans has a great future for himself and his family

karnage
27-07-13, 10:36 PM
We were not in that game for a single second. I passed on a family dinner to attend that game tonight. Supporting this team has become an absolute chore.

We are no good thing to beat the Tigers next week in what is set to be one of the worst NRL games ever played.

TITAN PETE
27-07-13, 10:37 PM
51 missed tackles, now that's something the club should be proud of , the very overrated Gillmeister who has been living on his past should go along with "Touch Footy" Murphy , "Free Lunch" Lang & of course the "Untouchable" Cartwright , but none of that will happen so I am gone from this club for 2013 & will decide whether next season will be worth renewing my membership ..

Titanic Believer
27-07-13, 10:45 PM
very disappointing. only the second game I've been able to get to. I didn't expect a win but at least to be competitive, to see some improvement.....Membership does seem a bit of a waste...

Titus
27-07-13, 10:54 PM
We were not in that game for a single second. I passed on a family dinner to attend that game tonight. Supporting this team has become an absolute chore.

We are no good thing to beat the Tigers next week in what is set to be one of the worst NRL games ever played.

Chore! That's the word I've been looking for all week! Thanks Karnage. Glad I stayed home, that's for sure.

Tamwelg
27-07-13, 10:57 PM
Um ........ We have the players, but our coaching staff....

Bayside Titan
27-07-13, 11:05 PM
Agree. We have the players who have the ability. We cleaned the players out a few years ago. Now it's time for the coaching staff.

GCTitans
27-07-13, 11:06 PM

Great way to describe supporting the team. I think watching the games is really becoming bad for my health. :D

GCTitans
27-07-13, 11:07 PM
Agree. We have the players who have the ability. We cleaned the players out a few years ago. Now it's time for the coaching staff.

Yeah and it isn't just Cartwright that should get the flick.

Mexican titan
27-07-13, 11:09 PM
51 missed tackles, now that's something the club should be proud of , the very overrated Gillmeister who has been living on his past should go along with "Touch Footy" Murphy , "Free Lunch" Lang & of course the "Untouchable" Cartwright , but none of that will happen so I am gone from this club for 2013 & will decide whether next season will be worth renewing my membership ..

Yep, pretty well agree with all of that. Just back from the game and not once did I think we were ever in that. How it was only 6-0 with 8 to go to half time I don't know.
The same boring hit up plays with very slow play the balls giving the halves and backs no room or time. Two of Souths tries were simply the result of quick play the balls. It is so hard to even think about a 2014 membership knowing that the coach will be the same for two more years. I simply cannot sit and watch this boring rubbish.
There are just so many fundamental things wrong such as Taylor being used for hit ups, the backs never seeing the ball, a decent forward pack being turned in to boring plods etc etc etc.
Just sick of it - Cartwright, please save the club and go. I recall when you signed the 5 year contract you said that no one would need to tell you when your time is up. Hopefully then, you have worked it out for yourself by now. The players are not playing for you.

gotitans101_
27-07-13, 11:13 PM
I Just feel really sorry for the current roster, especially the young recruits who have so much to give.

Titanic
28-07-13, 01:05 AM
Just watched it after choosing not to give up my Saturday with the family. WTF? A fumbling, bumbling joke of a performance. Not one player should be able to look their family in the face and I don't care about anybody's favourites, they were friggin' disgraceful. How the shareholders can substantiate such an investment is well beyond me ... don't cite "negative gearing" Mr Cayman Searle, this was a major meltdown. The players have obviously given up.

DavidBouveng
28-07-13, 07:16 AM
Rankin had a terrible start, but showed a bit of heart to bounce back and play decently after that and make some great cover tackles. I usually a big fan of his, but I do miss zillmans reliability. Time to try mat Russell and Marmin... If we are going to lose most games from end of season and finish 12th, we should at least try seem kids out and see what's the go for next year.

Kicking game, and the structure in how we get kicks away is very poor. Alby and sezer were under pressure all night.

Kev Gordon was maybe our only 'good' player. Rest were ordinary, although falloon looked busy.

It's time to give mini another rest. Taylor left edge, bird lock.

Carty must come under serious pressure now. We just went one out all night into a team that swallowed us up and gave us nothing. As much as rogers is involved in the team, we don't have a real 'assistant coach' amongst the hangers on. We need someone qualified to do the job, and someone who wants to be a head coach one day is what we want. Not part timers or mates rates.

Steve
28-07-13, 07:20 AM
Did anyone actually expect to win last night?

Souths are coming first for good reason. I'm surprised they didn't put 60+ on us.

mdrew
28-07-13, 08:08 AM
I expected an effort, not players just waiting for the money to go into their bank accounts

Bayside Titan
28-07-13, 08:52 AM
DavidB point about assistant coaches are spot on as when you look into the Cowboys dressing room you see Matherson and Ryan talking as well as Henry.

Mexican titan
28-07-13, 09:58 AM
DavidB point about assistant coaches are spot on as when you look into the Cowboys dressing room you see Matherson and Ryan talking as well as Henry.

Ah perhaps the Cowboys are not the best example to use.

Mexican titan
28-07-13, 10:01 AM
I expected an effort, not players just waiting for the money to go into their bank accounts

Yes that was the part of the performance that struck me. This was a win at all costs game and you would have thought the first 20minutes or so would have been high intensity stuff with the forwards ripping in. If we had lost on that basis I could just cop that Souths were better on the night etc. But we had nothing from the start, no enthusiasm, nothing.
If the players can't lift for the coach and a game like that, well there is only one option.

RobJ
28-07-13, 12:14 PM
So a month or so ago we were sitting pretty in 5th, looking pretty good. Is this a bad dream or what......? Has Ben Barba been signed yet? Do we actually have any money ?

Titanic
28-07-13, 12:31 PM
We cannot deny the obvious ... forget Rankin's choking start, our team cannot get up for a game ... of course it's the players but not them alone ... we are a laughing stock.

teke
28-07-13, 12:54 PM
We cannot deny the obvious ... forget Rankin's choking start, our team cannot get up for a game ... of course it's the players but not them alone ... we are a laughing stock.Its management no doubt, it is clearly evident they just aren't a well drilled team.

Julius Sezer
28-07-13, 01:39 PM
We have the most one dimensional attacking structure I have ever seen. It seemed like we only knew how to pass long when we had an attacking set. Bloody disgraceful. Feel sorry for talented playmakers Kelly/Sezer as they have no structure to work with.

Mr Stupid
28-07-13, 04:15 PM
We have the most one dimensional attacking structure I have ever seen. It seemed like we only knew how to pass long when we had an attacking set. Bloody disgraceful. Feel sorry for talented playmakers Kelly/Sezer as they have no structure to work with.

This was the most glaring thing for us watching last night. It's not just the conceding points but the structural inability to threaten the line. That is a 100% coaching problem and hasn't changed for years.

TITAN FAN
28-07-13, 05:41 PM
I agree with all
Very weak effort accross the field

Any news on young Srama, he always gives it a go but hasnt been able to lift to his potential given the forwards are doing nothing

I thought Falloon went well given just back from an injury and not being match fit as a result

The first few games of the season we were right up threre as the best defenders in the comp

WTF happened !!!

DavidBouveng
28-07-13, 05:43 PM
Also our tackling and group tackling technique is outdated and clumsy. We give so many penalties cos we can't get up and off the players.

Others teams have a system drilled into them.

Supergoose
28-07-13, 11:36 PM
So I've been mulling over whether to even comment on here after last nights game due to the drop Ryan James argumens put forward. After last nights game, I hope those on here calling for it can now see what he brings to the table.

We played a team with three massive and athletic pommy front rowers with two kiwi front rowers also on the bench. We went out there with Bailey and Myles and only Luke Douglas on the bench who are legitimate front rowers. It was a suicide mission. Douglas played probably his best game of the year for us I reckon. While we had three of them fresh we were okay and able to hold on, but the ride was too much. It just kept coming and we ran out of boppers to contain it. Who is selecting this side? With James added we had half a chance, without him it was zero.

There were other interesting selections like Taka playing on the right (is Dowling a left centre). I thought Dowling did okay and Rankin fought back well after his horror start, but our squadron of back-rowers were monstered. Harrison and Bird fought bravely and I have no idea where Dave Taylor was. Why we persist with Mini is beyond me, he wasn't terrible early but he is now good for maybe 20 minutes. Ridge isn't being given enough responsibility.

Gordon is getting back to his best.

We need Bird in the middle, Taylor on the left edge with Taka and Idris back. Use Harrison on the right edge to decoy run for Idris. While Idris is out Mead needs to play centre. Use either Don or find another option for the right wing. It still confounds me why we give away so many penalties. Can't blame James for the ones last night.

Anyway, said my piece. Still hopeful of winning another few games this season and maybe sneaking into the finals. Also hopeful of a change in coaching. Can't believe the Subday footy show went on about Qld clubs under-performing and that King and Hook should go, but no mention of the Titans and Hoss. Obviously we are performing as expected by the Sydney media.

Titanic
29-07-13, 09:32 AM
'Goose, James had to go back and he would have made no difference to that result ... that team was beaten before they started and were just going through the motions. The rest of your comments I totally agree with and I'll add that the media must have been warned off bagging us ... perhaps the club's situation is so tenuous that the NRL is keeping it in cotton wool.

TITAN FAN
29-07-13, 09:32 AM
I agree with supergoose James should have been in the team
at least he plays with some mungrel

The next few games we are going to need all the mungrel we can get, Birdie is leading the way in that department, Srama never gives up in defence, Falloon will add some spark and mungrel with a couple of games under his belt Bayley has been doing his best,

The other forwards need to step up to the mark in terms of going hard out for the time they are on, and David Taylor the biggest unit in the side is not firing at all

titanfan1980
29-07-13, 12:51 PM
So I've been mulling over whether to even comment on here after last nights game due to the drop Ryan James argumens put forward. After last nights game, I hope those on here calling for it can now see what he brings to the table.

We played a team with three massive and athletic pommy front rowers with two kiwi front rowers also on the bench. We went out there with Bailey and Myles and only Luke Douglas on the bench who are legitimate front rowers. It was a suicide mission. Douglas played probably his best game of the year for us I reckon. While we had three of them fresh we were okay and able to hold on, but the ride was too much. It just kept coming and we ran out of boppers to contain it. Who is selecting this side? With James added we had half a chance, without him it was zero.

There were other interesting selections like Taka playing on the right (is Dowling a left centre). I thought Dowling did okay and Rankin fought back well after his horror start, but our squadron of back-rowers were monstered. Harrison and Bird fought bravely and I have no idea where Dave Taylor was. Why we persist with Mini is beyond me, he wasn't terrible early but he is now good for maybe 20 minutes. Ridge isn't being given enough responsibility.

Gordon is getting back to his best.

We need Bird in the middle, Taylor on the left edge with Taka and Idris back. Use Harrison on the right edge to decoy run for Idris. While Idris is out Mead needs to play centre. Use either Don or find another option for the right wing. It still confounds me why we give away so many penalties. Can't blame James for the ones last night.

Anyway, said my piece. Still hopeful of winning another few games this season and maybe sneaking into the finals. Also hopeful of a change in coaching. Can't believe the Subday footy show went on about Qld clubs under-performing and that King and Hook should go, but no mention of the Titans and Hoss. Obviously we are performing as expected by the Sydney media.
Mate you hit the nail on the head, mini needs to go his just got bad hands.. And I hope some people watched the tweed game yesterday on channel 9 I did and James killed it, and the reason being he started the game! Ran hard tackled hard
and was given time for some stupid reason when ever James and even ioane play he gives them like 10 minutes before half time? Because poor Nate is burnt out. Imagine Nate going hard for 20 bringing James or ioane on then giving them 15 after the half. Carty makes the exact same changes with subs every week. So predictable!

Toads
29-07-13, 08:35 PM
I was at the game on Saturday Night. Gave my Membership card to another punter that might appreciate it more than me at the end of the night..

Same as Pete, I'm done for 2013.