PDA

View Full Version : Future for our guys beyond 2013

CoastSportsFan
16-07-13, 01:34 PM
So what do guys think about the future for some of our guys? Below is a list I'm curious about and I'd like to find out when their contracts run out:

Mark Minichello
Jordan Rankin
Ryan James
Luke O'Dwyer

I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them left. Feel free to add your own player queries into this thread.

thelwall
16-07-13, 01:47 PM
luke will leave

Sydney Titans Fanatic
16-07-13, 02:34 PM
the one guy they will try and keep is ryan james

CoastSportsFan
16-07-13, 02:39 PM
the one guy they will try and keep is ryan james

Do you know Ryan's current contract status? Does anyone for that matter?

Kazza
16-07-13, 02:46 PM
IMO Mini will probably retire when his current contract runs out. It doesn't look like Luke will get a new contract.
Jordy has had a fair few chances to prove himself, but they seem determined to keep giving him chances. He's just been named in the team for this weekend, so we'll see what happens there. Ryan- I'm not sure when his contract is til? He'll have to get past the current 'flat spot' he seems in if he wants to stay in the team.

CoastSportsFan
16-07-13, 02:57 PM
Well they are all locals except Mini. I believe Mini is out of contract at the end of this season if my memory serves me correctly so he'll probably be gone. Don't know what is going on with Rankin, there was talk of him going to the Dragons earlier this year but he is still here. I remember an article not long ago saying Luke was almost definitely on the way out and it had to do with him not wanting a pay cut. This is an issue we have to deal with considering we went over the cap this year.

Ryan is an interesting one though. On the one hand he has all the potential in the world but on the other hand he hasn't been playing very well lately. If he is contracted past this year then he has no reason to leave aside from maybe more opportunity elsewhere? He is a local though.

Titanic
16-07-13, 04:01 PM
Minichiello to retire gracefully, O'Dwyer to follow but not so gracefully, Rankin to one day be the new Davis of the club and James to recover his mojo once he stops believing his press.

mdrew
16-07-13, 04:44 PM
Fairly sure Ryan James is contracted for next year. Think the club may have an option for Jordan too.

teke
16-07-13, 04:55 PM
If you controlled Ryan James would you advise him to stay in this current club setup?

gctitansoldier
16-07-13, 04:57 PM
Mark Minichello - 2014 - will retire or push for 1 more
Jordan Rankin - 2014 - If he doesn't get a good shot next year will move on.
Ryan James - 2014 - would be great under the right system
Luke O'Dwyer - 2013 - will stay for as long as he can or will end up in Super League

gctitansoldier
16-07-13, 05:17 PM
If you controlled Ryan James would you advise him to stay in this current club setup?

Teke I would say no.
I was wondering what was said to him after the Broncos game because he hasn't been his aggressive self since then. Even in the Tweed vs Burleigh game, which you would expect him to fire up, he wasn't as aggressive.

teke
16-07-13, 05:21 PM
Teke I would say no.
I was wondering what was said to him after the Broncos game because he hasn't been his aggressive self since then. Even in the Tweed vs Burleigh game, which you would expect him to fire up, he wasn't as aggressive.yeah good pt.

I was just asking this question to the forum as a whole.

My answer would be no aswell