PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the League of Titans

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 07:58 PM
Welcome to the new home of the Titans Forum!

It's the same forum as you have grown to love since 2005 but with a new independent location and name.

We would like to thank the Titans for their support over the years and we aim to continue to work in partnership with them in developing and nurturing the Titans fanbase. So much good has come out of the forum, friendships, ideas, projects and new members which have all played an important role in developing the fanbase of the fledgling club. The forum is part of the club's living history and it was important for it to be retained and for it to endure.

We'd also like to apologise for the forum downtime since Friday, but the Titans were keen to end the official association on Friday and we weren't ready to go online.

Becoming a fully independent forum has been a goal for ourselves for a couple years and now it is a reality. It came about recently because the Titans felt that they couldnt continue to have the forum operating under their domain, even though we have been badged as independent since last year. But through my communications with the Titans they have reiterated their support of allowing us to have our voice.

So we have built a new independent Titans website and through it we hope to continue the fun and discussions of years past but also reach out to new and exciting opportunities.

I'd also like to thank Tamwelg who has rebuilt the forum for us, he is an amazingly talented person and very passionate. He spent half his weekend flat out to bring us up to being operational, but more about Tam in another thread.

So welcome aboard Titans supporters! The future is bright!

DIEHARD / Brad Newman
League of Titans Administrator

Supergoose
14-07-13, 09:04 PM
We're back baby! Phew - I thought I was going it alone with League Freak and Amaline. Glad you were all over this Diehard. I should never have doubted.

Much ado about nothing then.

lonegull
14-07-13, 09:06 PM
We're back, a huge relief A big shout out to Brad and Mat for bringing the forum back from the dead

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 09:07 PM
We're back baby! Phew - I thought I was going it alone with League Freak and Amaline. Glad you were all over this Diehard. I should never have doubted.

Much ado about nothing then.

It was part of a plan, just got fast forwarded a bit. Thank Tam though, he is the one that did most of the work! We are very lucky to have this guy.

amaline
14-07-13, 09:09 PM
Awesome work Tam. Its great that we can still browse posts from 2005, that they weren't lost.

matti
14-07-13, 09:09 PM
Go brad! I spoke to searle other day and suggested he gets a player on titanstv to rev up the legion. Hopefully this occurs!!!

karnage
14-07-13, 09:12 PM
Wow.... There has still been some damage done in recent weeks though.

Tamwelg
14-07-13, 09:13 PM
My head is well and truely spinning. I won't go into the boring nerdy details, but turned into a massive massive job. I'm just glad we didn't lose all this history and I'm happy I could use my skill sets to bring us back to life in the quickest time possible.

With the new server, as Coaster has already picked up on, you will find the pages load much faster then before. Because the database back up was from the old site there may be a few broken links or bugs that pop up. If you notice anything out of the ordinary please let me know.

Tamwelg
14-07-13, 09:14 PM
Awesome work Tam. Its great that we can still browse posts from 2005, that they weren't lost.

They almost were, saw the writing on the wall on backed up, we only lost a few days :D

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 09:17 PM

Tell me about it. I think I would have lots my mind if we lost all those posts. It's rare to see a club take shape bit by bit.

We are going through a rough patch but here everyone has a home and we will put our best foot forward and do some fun things. Because that is why we love footy, it is supposed to be fun.

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 09:18 PM
New rule is that Tam never has to pay for his own drinks again!

Tamwelg
14-07-13, 09:29 PM

You've got my vote there.

Toads
14-07-13, 09:34 PM
You done well, Fella's. :thumbsup:

Considering to what we had Friday arvo, it was a pretty good turnaround time, and we look better for it. Nice one.. :)

TITAN PETE
14-07-13, 09:44 PM

I'm buying him a Carton

lonegull
14-07-13, 09:47 PM
I'm buying him a Carton

:thumbsup:

Bayside Titan
14-07-13, 09:59 PM
Ill buy you a beer or two Tam. Thank you sooooo much. I almost went into meltdown not being able to access the Forum. :-)

Julius Sezer
14-07-13, 10:03 PM
Wondering if this all happened bcause of all the Carty hate. If that's the case then Tamwelg pretty much worked his a** off for the things we said about Carty.

Julius Sezer
14-07-13, 10:04 PM
The forum is back and running and Australia might pull off an amazing test win. This is turning out to be a great day.

TITAN PETE
14-07-13, 10:09 PM
Very fast & looks to have a touch of Facebook about it , Friend Requests :)

Tamwelg
14-07-13, 10:14 PM
Very fast & looks to have a touch of Facebook about it , Friend Requests :)

You found a new feature with the update :) There is more to come as well. Diehard and I have already discussed a few other features we want to incorporate and we have so much mor freedom to make these changes and improvements now.

Julius Sezer
14-07-13, 10:28 PM
This forum has blown my mind

Bayside Titan
14-07-13, 10:51 PM
This forum has blown my mind
Say that again.

Bayside Titan
14-07-13, 10:53 PM
Thanks Coaster for giving me updates through out the day.

Julius Sezer
14-07-13, 11:06 PM
Say that again.

This forum has blown my mind.

gotitans101_
14-07-13, 11:56 PM
Fantastic work DH and Tam, 'tis good to be back. And damn this new forum is fast!

Skyfire
15-07-13, 12:44 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was really freaking out. So glad to be back!

Chaserz
15-07-13, 07:24 AM
Good, so I wasn't the only one freaking out. I was already wondering what happened!

mdrew
15-07-13, 07:59 AM
Great work guys

Smakked
15-07-13, 08:08 AM
Good work Tam and Diehard, i had another up ready to go by saturday arvo LOL, thought we had lost it all together, was backing up the lt forum off google cache getting it ready .

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 10:51 AM
I really like the colour scheme of this forum

K2G
15-07-13, 11:34 AM
Brilliant work to all involved. I'm super glad it's back

Titanic Believer
15-07-13, 12:38 PM
Man. That was a bit of a heart stopper. I don't post much but I do spend a good part of my leisure time reading other people's posts. I tried to think who I could contact to see what had happened but I don't know anyone personally, or in fact their names. So I was forced to join Facebook ( I have avoided it till now) in order to voice my disapproval. I was heartened to see others do like wise. The new link finally posted there didn't go through for me, so I had to try a few related searches before finding this site. I wonder if others may be having trouble also?
Anyway it's great to get the forum up and running and my appreciation to all those hard working fans that have made it happen. Note to self, get to know a few of you guys personally!

Tamwelg
15-07-13, 12:41 PM
I really like the colour scheme of this forum

The current skin / layout we gave had since I created it in 2008. The only changes are the removal of some titans logos and the addition of the new banner created by Diehard. If you weren't seeing this look before it just means you had one of the other 2 options selected. The only issue with this one is since the introduction of HTML 5 it only displays 100% right in Internet explorer.

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 12:56 PM
Yeah i don't think many people know that this forum is up and running.

Titanic Believer
15-07-13, 02:10 PM
Got the email informing of the changes today. after posting above. Thanks and look forward to some stimulating discussion on how we can turn this mess around. even with a bye we are going backwards!

Mr Stupid
15-07-13, 02:34 PM
Man. That was a bit of a heart stopper. I don't post much but I do spend a good part of my leisure time reading other people's posts. I tried to think who I could contact to see what had happened but I don't know anyone personally, or in fact their names. So I was forced to join Facebook ( I have avoided it till now) in order to voice my disapproval. I was heartened to see others do like wise. The new link finally posted there didn't go through for me, so I had to try a few related searches before finding this site. I wonder if others may be having trouble also?
Anyway it's great to get the forum up and running and my appreciation to all those hard working fans that have made it happen. Note to self, get to know a few of you guys personally!

Yep TB, that link I posted on FB wasn't great so I have edited the post. Apologies for giving you the run around. I've sorted it out now so perhaps a few others will find this forum before my post is punted off the FB site.

DavidBouveng
15-07-13, 02:36 PM
Amazing work guys. Such a great effort.

Quick shout out to league freak also. He heard what happened and opened a temp forum for us within hours and was so supportive!

Tam, DH, Coaster and TP....great stuff guys!

Hail Sezer
15-07-13, 04:43 PM
This is awesome. Huge thanks to everyone involved, you guys are great.

Was a tough week without le forum. Had crazy withdrawals.

Titanic
15-07-13, 05:27 PM
Strength through adversity ... could be our motto.

Coaster
15-07-13, 05:30 PM
Amazing work guys. Such a great effort.

Quick shout out to league freak also. He heard what happened and opened a temp forum for us within hours and was so supportive!

Tam, DH, Coaster and TP....great stuff guys!

Dont thank me mate, i am most likely the main reason it was shut in the first place, haha, but this is a better result in the long run.

Ive also decided that since the club wants to play stupid games like this, and restrict peoples freedom of speech, i have chosen to step away from the Admin side of the forum, so i can say what i really think without disrupting any of you good people.

Now if the club has something to say, they can ring me direct, instead of calling other forum users to complain about me like little children.

I now just feel sorry for Brad and Tam and Pete and co, because now they have to try and moderate me :)

Geeman
15-07-13, 05:55 PM
Thanks to all involved in the change, I can appreciate the work that goes in behind the scenes to make these things happen, so congratulations on a job well done. :salute::thumbsup:

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 06:03 PM
Ahaha Coaster. I just feel like thru this experience all the members on this forum are like one big family now.

kioli
15-07-13, 06:20 PM
Great to see everything sorted out!

It's pretty rare for fan forums to stay associated with official team sites so I think this was a really good/much needed move. Congrats to all that made it happen with the minimum of loss.

thelwall
15-07-13, 11:13 PM
guys you scared the **** out of me - i was about to head up to the gc titans offices and abuse the **** out of them for taking it down..... mann i was lost for days without this, my pet dog has never had so much attention..... man its great to be able to post again

Sydney Titans Fanatic
16-07-13, 12:09 AM
guys you scared the **** out of me - i was about to head up to the gc titans offices and abuse the **** out of them for taking it down..... mann i was lost for days without this, my pet dog has never had so much attention..... man its great to be able to post again

maybe we need to close the forum down more often for the wellbeing of your dog haha

thelwall
16-07-13, 02:42 AM
maybe we need to close the forum down more often for the wellbeing of your dog haha

i let the little bugger sleep inside all weekend ahahaha

ozynorts
16-07-13, 10:08 PM
Awesome job getting the site up guys. Well done.

thelwall
17-07-13, 01:43 AM
just to point out diehard the email you sent out went into my junk folder so i never saw it :(

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 01:56 AM
just to point out diehard the email you sent out went into my junk folder so i never saw it :(

Thanks for letting me know. I think that happened in alot of situations. :doh:

thelwall
17-07-13, 01:58 AM
man we are as bad as each other should be asleep

Stalks
17-07-13, 08:43 AM
Glad to be here, long time lurker/reader of the old forum - signed up straight away when I saw the link from the Legion Facebook page!

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 08:52 AM
Glad to be here, long time lurker/reader of the old forum - signed up straight away when I saw the link from the Legion Facebook page!

Welcome aboard Stalks. Glad that you have taken the plunge!

Mexican titan
19-07-13, 05:55 PM
Thanks guys for getting this up and running. Wondered what happened for a while.
Now where was I before the old site was stopped......ah that's right, carty.

Titanic
19-07-13, 08:37 PM
Aaaah, Mexicana ... hot and spicy, just the way we love it :) bring it on you hot tomale.

TITAN FAN
29-07-13, 10:19 AM
Have not got around to thanking you two for all of the hard work getting us back up and running
Good work guys !!!

TitansFan
29-07-13, 05:45 PM
Hey, the new forum looks great. Nice work Brad and Tam.

hatchy84
29-07-13, 06:18 PM
Well done guys have missed it lots only just found it .

C-Whiz
15-08-13, 10:19 PM
Ahhhh, you little friggin' beauty!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I didn;t know this was up again, as I left the country on the 17th July for 2 weeks, and only just found this site!

First impressions is that it just looks and feels BETTER than the old forum. not sure what it is, but as soon as it came up as "League Of Titans", i just felt it was right, and it really did feel like home!

Nice work Tam, you have just claimed lifelong Titan legend status.

Yourself and DIEHARD will be remembered along with the other great foundation names of the club, and deservedly so.

This site looks great. I don't know what it is, but it seriously just feels so much better.... thanks Tam and DIEHARD, and anyone else who was involved, this is the best thing that has happened since Mead got the number 1 on his back. :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
15-08-13, 10:22 PM
ps, that's a really cool avatar for the header. Who designed it? It's got heaps of Super-Hero chic, but still definitely Titans. I LOVE IT!!! :salute:

thelwall
16-08-13, 12:11 AM
good to have you back mate

Titanic
16-08-13, 01:08 AM
Hey Whiz, you whacker, welcome back. I thought you'd run off and become a monk or something.

teke
16-08-13, 02:03 AM
ps, that's a really cool avatar for the header. Who designed it? It's got heaps of Super-Hero chic, but still definitely Titans. I LOVE IT!!! :salute:good to have you back mate, thought you had abandoned ship like Bouveng. He now only posts on the broncos forum and gets into heated debate defending Prince.

Times sure have changed around here

Hail Sezer
16-08-13, 07:06 AM
good to have you back mate, thought you had abandoned ship like Bouveng. He now only posts on the broncos forum and gets into heated debate defending Prince.

:laugh:

C-Whiz
16-08-13, 08:24 AM
good to have you back mateThanks mate. I was starting to get really pee'd off about it lately, coming into finals and all, so the timing was perfect. IMHO this event has only made the bond stronger. :thumbsup:

Hey Whiz, you whacker, welcome back. I thought you'd run off and become a monk or something.Nah, even monks have their limits... :?)

good to have you back mate, thought you had abandoned ship like Bouveng. He now only posts on the broncos forum and gets into heated debate defending Prince.

Times sure have changed around hereHaha, looks like some things haven't changed teke. :laugh:

DavidBouveng
16-08-13, 06:09 PM
Thanks mate. I was starting to get really pee'd off about it lately, coming into finals and all, so the timing was perfect. IMHO this event has only made the bond stronger. :thumbsup:

Nah, even monks have their limits... :?)

Haha, looks like some things haven't changed teke. :laugh:

Evening gents.

Been a very busy couple of weeks, over seas then a week long conference with some big hours at work in between.

Also felt I needed a rest as I was feeling too negative and wasn't contributing anything valuable.

Should be back to normal now I hope and can spend some more times with you bludgers.

Titanic
16-08-13, 10:27 PM
Is that the best you've got ya big sheila? We've missed your dulcet tones and the penalty for being away for more than 24 hours is watching re-runs of Michaels' and Henderson's highlights package in black and white with Murphy while he explains our game plan.

Toads
17-08-13, 08:09 AM

This has got the be the best excuse to disappear off the radar. :laugh:

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 08:18 AM
Evening gents.

Been a very busy couple of weeks, over seas then a week long conference with some big hours at work in between.

Also felt I needed a rest as I was feeling too negative and wasn't contributing anything valuable.

Should be back to normal now I hope and can spend some more times with you bludgers.

Put the dumbbells down and give us a real explanation breh :laugh:

Good to have you back mang!

Bayside Titan
22-01-14, 05:54 PM
Hey Tamwelg any update on the new site at all?

GCT_89
12-02-14, 11:02 PM
I don't come on here that often anymore, merely just for a quick browse, but I had just assumed the forum had disappeared forever...

Great to see it's all still here, and that the history was not lost...

DIEHARD
13-02-14, 03:54 AM
I don't come on here that often anymore, merely just for a quick browse, but I had just assumed the forum had disappeared forever...

Great to see it's all still here, and that the history was not lost...

Great to see you again Adam. You are a big part of that history!

Bayside Titan
22-02-14, 02:09 PM
Hi Diehard and Tamwelg. New season is a couple of weeks away now just wondering when the new forum will be up and running? I think from memory you guys were saying when the season starts or before.
Cheers

DIEHARD
23-02-14, 02:46 AM
We will be ready for Round 1, Ill let Tam fill you in on finner details.

Also expect a big social media push. It's going to be a lot of fun.

ozynorts
02-04-14, 10:50 AM
Hey Guys, how is the transfer going? Is it all across now or are there more things to come?

Davis13
02-08-14, 06:33 PM
Hey guys been floating round reading all your comments for a while now and finally decided to get of my bum and register so I can comment.

Titan4Life
02-08-14, 07:29 PM
Hey guys been floating round reading all your comments for a while now and finally decided to get of my bum and register so I can comment.

Welcome to the forum mate!

Bayside Titan
02-08-14, 07:55 PM
Welcome mate. Hope to see you around a bit.

teke
02-08-14, 08:05 PM
Hey guys been floating round reading all your comments for a while now and finally decided to get of my bum and register so I can comment.Welcome friend, is manly your 1st team like me ?

Davis13
02-08-14, 08:08 PM
Haha sorry mate I have a mate who is a tragic manly fan and I cants stand them haha, titans through and through here been a member for about 5 years but have not missed many games. It's tough at the moment but just hoping carty and Searle bugga off and we can look forward to the future.

teke
02-08-14, 08:13 PM
Haha sorry mate I have a mate who is a tragic manly fan and I cants stand them haha, titans through and through here been a member for about 5 years but have not missed many games. It's tough at the moment but just hoping carty and Searle bugga off and we can look forward to the future.you must be a Titan tragic if the mighty Foran/DCE partnership can't persuade u !

Mexican titan
02-08-14, 08:29 PM
you must be a Titan tragic if the mighty Foran/DCE partnership can't persuade u !

We shouldn't waste time on him Teke. Some people just refuse to be educated.

Titan4Life
02-08-14, 08:35 PM
Haha if it makes you feel any better, Manly are my 3rd fav team behind Titans (No1 obviously) and Cowboys (Qlders). Used to hate Sea Eagles but they play exciting, structured footy and have a great team.

Mr Bods
03-07-20, 07:30 PM
How come we don’t hear from David Bouveng anymore?

Mr Bods
26-02-21, 10:27 PM
Tweed Heads Ospreys....YEW!!

RavShamrock
26-02-21, 11:46 PM
How come we don’t hear from David Bouveng anymore?

Yes I believe his contributions were excellent