PDA

View Full Version : Origin Game 3: NSW v QLD 2013

DIEHARD
07-07-13, 06:58 PM
Origin Game : NSW v QLD 2013

DIEHARD
07-07-13, 07:02 PM
Anyone see Daley's presser annoucing the NSW team?

Looked like a post defeat conference, he had no confidence with all timid body language.

Chaos
07-07-13, 08:24 PM
Anyone see Daley's presser annoucing the NSW team?

Looked like a post defeat conference, he had no confidence with all timid body language.

ha ha...looks like he's just been stepped on...poor little c0ckroach

DIEHARD
07-07-13, 08:53 PM
ha ha...looks like he's just been stepped on...poor little c0ckroach

Hahahaha. Im feelin good about Game 3. *knock on wood*

TITAN PETE
08-07-13, 07:42 AM
NSW punt on injured trio for Origin III

By By Steve Jancetic
AAP
Sun 07th July, 6:59pm

Two moon boots, one dodgy hamstring and a recalled Scotsman - welcome to the bedraggled outfit NSW coach Laurie Daley hopes can bring down the greatest dynasty in State of Origin history.

Daley on Sunday took a punt on injured trio Jarryd Hayne, Greg Bird and skipper Paul Gallen, with all three named in a 20-man Blues squad for next Wednesday night's Origin decider at ANZ Stadium.

Hayne has been sidelined since tearing his hamstring while playing for Parramatta 48 hours after Origin I - and has been ruled out of a return for the Eels on Monday night - while Bird and Gallen will both hobble into camp on Monday wearing moon boots as they nurse foot injuries.

Gallen's strained ligament occurred in Origin II, while Bird suffered some bone damage playing for Gold Coast on Saturday night with Titans medical officials labelling it a '1-2 week injury.'

Game-two debutant Aaron Woods, uncapped Sydney Roosters back-rower Boyd Cordner and Scotsman James McManus - who played his only Origin game in the 2009 series opener - were all added to the squad as cover.

But such is the value of Gallen, Bird and Hayne as the Blues' most experienced players - and the desperation of the situation with NSW attempting to win their first series since 2005 - that Daley believes it is a selection gamble worth taking.

"They're pretty important members of the team, they're pretty influential and they're good leaders to have around the group," Daley said.

"Given what they've done, they deserve the opportunity to have every chance to be right to play in the biggest game that we've played in for a while."

Asked when he would make a final call on their availability , Daley said:

"Certainly by the weekend.

"Given it's out three most experienced players, our three leaders in Greg, Gal and Jarryd, we'll give them every opportunity to be right.

"At some point there has to be a cut-off."

Hayne's inclusion on the wing - though Daley did intimate he would interchange throughout the game with fullback Josh Dugan - comes at the expense of Nathan Merritt, who had a Origin II debut to forget in game two at Suncorp Stadium.

So far has Merritt fallen out of favour that McManus, who has scored five tries in the past fortnight to be the NRL's leading tryscorer, jumped ahead of him in the queue as cover for Hayne.

In giving his reasons for Merritt's axing, Daley said he just had to find a spot for Hayne.

"He's proved that he's a great Origin player and when you've got some like that to come back into the team you make a position available," Daley said.

"And Josh Dugan was players' player in game two."

The recalling of James Tamou after he was suspended by the NRL over a drink-driving charge for game two, means the NSW side is virtually the same as the one put out for the series opener - the only change being Dugan's inclusion for the suspended Blake Ferguson.

TITAN PETE
08-07-13, 07:43 AM
This fills one's hope's with so much confidence :nope:

Chaos
08-07-13, 04:04 PM
Hayne's inclusion on the wing - though Daley did intimate he would interchange throughout the game with fullback Josh Dugan - comes at the expense of Nathan Merritt, who had a Origin II debut to forget in game two at Suncorp Stadium.

So far has Merritt fallen out of favour that McManus, who has scored five tries in the past fortnight to be the NRL's leading tryscorer, jumped ahead of him in the queue as cover for Hayne.

In giving his reasons for Merritt's axing, Daley said he just had to find a spot for Hayne.

"He's proved that he's a great Origin player and when you've got some like that to come back into the team you make a position available," Daley said.

Thats funny...Daley says he dropped Merritt to make way for Hayne but if Hayne doesn't play, he has McManus to replace him.

TITAN PETE
08-07-13, 04:25 PM
Thats funny...Daley says he dropped Merritt to make way for Hayne but if Hayne doesn't play, he has McManus to replace him.

& Hayne has already been ruled replaced by McManus :?) , Bird will next..

Smakked
08-07-13, 06:14 PM
NOt very confident gong into this one

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 09:25 PM
I feel sorry for Merritt thats for sure but the withdrawl of Gallen really helps the Maroons stocks.

I wish I could be there but its sold out!

TITAN PETE
14-07-13, 10:17 PM
Think it will be another series gone but I am looking forward to watching Cordner make his debut

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 10:26 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leuthtJThf1qf8yek.gif

TITAN PETE
14-07-13, 10:31 PM
Now who's getting a bit Cocky :p

Tamwelg
14-07-13, 10:39 PM
Now who's getting a bit Cocky :p

Ill give you 7 reasons why, oh way make that eig......

DIEHARD
14-07-13, 10:40 PM
Yea I know I really shouldnt. But life is boring if people dont do things impulsively.

TITAN PETE
15-07-13, 09:49 AM

Yea I know I really shouldnt. But life is boring if people dont do things impulsively.

The nerds are picking on me:(

TITAN PETE
15-07-13, 09:50 AM
Giggs backs Blues to win Origin III
By Roje Adaimy
AAP
Sun 14th July, 10:23pm

He may have befriended two of Queensland rugby league's best, but Manchester United veteran Ryan Giggs has thrown his support behind NSW for Wednesday night's State of Origin series decider.

The 13-time English Premier League champion, in Sydney for Saturday's pre-season tour match against the A-League All Stars, says he is a big rugby league fan and will be among the 80,000-strong crowd watching the match at ANZ Stadium.

Among those vying for Origin honours for the eighth straight time will be Maroons captain Cameron Smith and fullback Billy Slater - two players Giggs met when their NRL club Melbourne travelled to Leeds for the World Club Championship earlier this year.

But his fondness for the Storm stars won't be extended to Queensland come Wednesday.

"I've also got a text off (NSW great) Andrew Johns, telling me in no uncertain terms who to support on Wednesday," Giggs said.

"I'm in Sydney so I'll be supporting NSW to win."

Giggs' teammate Wayne Rooney was also expected to be among the spectators on Wednesday but was flown back to Manchester with a hamstring injury soon after landing in Bangkok for the Red Devils' opening tour match against the Thai All Stars.

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 10:50 AM
Wow Giggs is a league supporter?

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 03:08 AM
I dont know if its this flu but I just realised that tonight is the Origin Decider!

Definitely going to make a night out of it.

I'm confident of Queensland winning, especially if we can hold out NSW for the first 20min.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 03:24 AM
Blues facing Origin moment of truth

NSW face their biggest State of Origin moment in 28 years on Wednesday night, yet on the back of a horrendous preparation they line up against a Queensland outfit desperate not to be the side to send the shield south of the border.

Fear of failure is proving a major motivator for the Maroons as they attempt to secure their eighth-straight series win - the drive for success in no way diluted by their achievements.

The Blues seemed to be making inroads with a series opening win in Sydney - but a game two shellacking and shocking build-up to the decider has them outsiders.

Only once have they ever started at longer odds to win a game at ANZ Stadium than the $2.50 being offered - and that was when they lost the 2010 series 3-0.

Their brightest attacking force, Jarryd Hayne, failed to make it through the first day of camp due to a hamstring injury.

Inspirational leader Paul Gallen was also a scratching due to a foot injury, while fill-in captain Robbie Farah spent Origin eve watching his NRL club implode from afar with Benji Marshall wanting out of Wests Tigers.

All this heading into a game which, if won, would rival NSW's first series win in 1985.

But while the Blues are on their knees, the Maroons remain wary.

"Even though Paul Gallen is out, their leader, they're a formidable footy side here at ANZ Stadium," Maroons coach Mal Meninga said.

"We also understand that we haven't won here the last couple of years. We have to play to our potential to get the result we're after."

Queensland's recent ANZ Stadium history is not great - having lost on their last three visits to the venue - but they do have a good record in deciders at the stadium.

Of the three deciders at the Sydney Olympics home, both sides have won once with the other game drawn.

But it is Queensland's ability to dominate in clutch situations during their seven-year reign which really stands out, with big-game players coming to the fore in all four deciders played during that span.

Last year it was Cooper Cronk with his field goal at the death, while in 2011 four tries in the space of 20 minutes blew NSW off the park in the opening half.

In 2008 Johnathan Thurston took off from his own half with 13 minutes to go to set up Billy Slater's match-winner, while Darren Lockyer's effort to pounce on a loose Brett Hodgson pass to kick-start the dynasty in 2006 has gone down in Origin folklore.

Many of those names remain in the Maroons line-up, and they are hellbent on not having their name associated with a NSW revival.

"Certainly when you get in the back end of your career fear of failure is a determining factor to get yourself motivated personally," Meninga said.

NSW's motivation is almost the opposite - the need to create their own piece of history.

Against the odds, against arguably the greatest Queensland side ever assembled, Farah has the chance to lead the Blues to a memorable victory.

"Potentially. We lose and no-one remembers," Farah said.

"We can't look back, Gal's not going to be on the field with us, we can't feel sorry for ourselves.

"We've just got to get on with the job and that's what we plan on doing."

Courier Mail

Skyfire
17-07-13, 04:48 AM
If QLD win Im gonna get smashed drunk.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 06:33 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/942621_466907813402431_1431694490_n.jpg

Stalks
17-07-13, 08:50 AM
But while the Blues are on their knees

You can tell this was written by the Courier Mail - more one eyed than Captain Hook!

shamus
17-07-13, 10:04 AM

The nerds are picking on me:(

Sounds like we need to sort these 2 out Pete.

Just hang in there. You hold them whilst I run and get help!:p

TITAN PETE
17-07-13, 10:40 AM
Sounds like we need to sort these 2 out Pete.

Just hang in there. You hold them whilst I run and get help!:p

Bring me a Flak Jacket i think one of them has a gun ..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/994836_404299273008363_2128214813_n.jpg

shamus
17-07-13, 10:43 AM

:rolf::rolf::rolf::rolf:

Tamwelg
17-07-13, 09:01 PM
Channel 9 are that embarrassed by the poor refereeing decisions that they are not showing replays of the dodgy calls.

gotitans101_
17-07-13, 09:05 PM
^ EXACTLY what I've been saying.

Bird is such a milker at this level as well. Gets a penalty for Teo going high (nothing in it, come on) then later gets another penalty for losing the ball over the line. Some other questionable penalties in there as well (2 being strips which 9 never seem to replay).

Tamwelg
17-07-13, 09:13 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/994836_404299273008363_2128214813_n.jpg

Haha

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/tamwelg/null_zps86a01f7a.jpg

Smakked
17-07-13, 09:39 PM
Its all over , never give pearce a skyblue again

Smakked
17-07-13, 09:58 PM
**** Pearce, most overrated player in the comp only gets picked off his dads ability, ****ing bull****

Smakked
17-07-13, 10:00 PM
Well NSW lost that well and truely ****ing pathetic bunch of ****wits, ****ing over it.

gotitans101_
17-07-13, 10:03 PM
Agree Reynolds should be NSW No. 7. Pearce is garbage.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 10:04 PM
Thank you god!

Queensland reigns! NSW were a lot better than I expected. Luckily the last 25mins were QLD.

And damn that streaker was a disgrace. I know some of us have a laugh at them. But when they interfere with the play. Make the book as fat as possible and the. Throw it at them.

Love seeing the Blues dispair.

2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013

Tamwelg
17-07-13, 10:06 PM
You little beauty.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 10:08 PM
Crowd record too. For current configuration.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 10:08 PM
NSW cheating and stealing an Origin this year didn't work. So thanks for two Origins in Queensland next year! Wooo!

TITAN PETE
17-07-13, 10:20 PM
Fantastic game but how the Fark did a streaker make it so far onto the pitch , he wasn't a small bloke, their security should be charged with Stupidity & incompetence ..

Tamwelg
17-07-13, 10:29 PM
Fantastic game but how the Fark did a streaker make it so far onto the pitch , he wasn't a small bloke, their security should be charged with Stupidity & incompetence ..

Yeah mate, a tad embarrassing for the security.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 10:41 PM
Fortunately it didn't decide the game. But very embarrassing. More security needs. Sign up Rugby League players. Present and former.

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 10:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/2A2E24EC-FCB1-47C1-89BF-5F767A178866-760-000000A2D606E6B4_zpsfc470661.jpg

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 10:47 PM
LOL a streaker just did a quick raid on the Sky News panel who are at ANZ Stadium doing a wrap. WTF

Toads
17-07-13, 10:57 PM
Well NSW lost that well and truely ****ing pathetic bunch of ****wits, ****ing over it.

Hang in there, Mate. When the Blues do eventually win a series again. It'll be a sweet victory. Also, I'm not sure how great the Maroons spine will be once ours retires. You only have to look at the Titans spine (Kelly, Sezer mainly) to realise how good the Blues future Origin clashes will be. :)

I wouldn't say Queensland deserved the Series win, but as you do, we'll take it as a win nonetheless. :p

The first two Origin games were great examples when a team dominates on the night. So you might relate to when I regard tonight's match, as a bit of a fizzer. The main thing I can draw on tonight's game, was how we denied the Dugan, Jennings 'n the Morris Boys any linebreaks. If they got a couple on us, they could've probably won it tonight.

But overall, I consider this years series another one that the Maroons were lucky to get around to winning it for another year. Though I do fear what we have to look forward to, in years to come..

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 11:01 PM
The streaker also streaked at Wests v Warrioes semi in 2011.

Steve
17-07-13, 11:05 PM
The perfectly good disallowed try aside, NSW could have won that on so many occasions, but just kept on dropping the ball. The streaker giving QLD possession from a scrum so close to the end effectively killed off any chance of a last second comeback for NSW.

Pearce will continue to get picked while his dad is mates with the coach.

Ah well, 8 in a row sounds bad, but then, we've got 22 in a row. :D

DIEHARD
17-07-13, 11:06 PM
Dugan was amazing for the Blues. I'd have him over Hayne any day.

Steve
17-07-13, 11:10 PM
Dugan was amazing for the Blues. I'd have him over Hayne any day.

Only problem with Dugan is he's far too selfish with the ball. There's a few times he could have passed and something would have been on, but he always has to showboat.

DavidBouveng
17-07-13, 11:10 PM
yi yi yippee yippee yay!!!

Huge effort from both teams. NSW good for periods, but poor options from Pearce and farah cost then. Pearce actually hurt then from a basic skill set point of view. His passing was very poor at times.

Qld kicked well and stayed patient, absorbing so much pressure and then scoring when given opportunities.

Just quickly, alot of ppl saying NSW were better but we defended well... Defending is part of the game and its attack + defense that wins games. Across the two facets, Queensland were the better team all series.

Smakked
17-07-13, 11:17 PM
Pearce lost the game for us plain and simple , he has no vision and has poor execution, if he gets picked next year i wont be watching it.

gotitans101_
17-07-13, 11:39 PM
We all know why Pearce continues to get selected though don't we.

CoastSportsFan
18-07-13, 12:30 AM
I know Birdy is our captain but watching tonight showed me that he reverts to dirty tactics sometimes. On top of that he whines sooo much. Of course I have a biased view being a Maroons supporter but it was just something that really stuck out for me tonight.

QUEENSLANDER!

TITAN PETE
18-07-13, 06:49 AM
The streaker also streaked at Wests v Warrioes semi in 2011.

He is supposed to be getting a lifetime Ban from any sporting ground in Australa but how will anyone enforce that if he rocks up to a game with 84000 other people again...

Steve
18-07-13, 07:28 AM
He is supposed to be getting a lifetime Ban from any sporting ground in Australa but how will anyone enforce that if he rocks up to a game with 84000 other people again...

I imagine his name goes on a blacklist and he can't buy tickets, but the reality is, his mates will buy him tickets. I don't think they have facial recognition software installed at grounds either. Only option would be like in night clubs where they scan everyone's licence before being allowed in.

Coaster
18-07-13, 08:56 AM
I know Birdy is our captain but watching tonight showed me that he reverts to dirty tactics sometimes. On top of that he whines sooo much. Of course I have a biased view being a Maroons supporter but it was just something that really stuck out for me tonight.

QUEENSLANDER!

haha we finally find a common ground.

Boofhead
18-07-13, 09:22 AM
Hodges should of got MOTM, made so many game changing plays.

DavidBouveng
18-07-13, 09:26 AM
Hodges should of got MOTM, made so many game changing plays.

His defense was incredible. Players made half breaks and had their bodies through the mine, and he would drag them down.

Boofhead
18-07-13, 09:49 AM
His defense was incredible. Players made half breaks and had their bodies through the mine, and he would drag them down.

Absolutely. The play that sticks in my mind the most is when he managed to scoop up the misdirected pass by the Blues when they were on attack. He had to make up 3 or 4 meters over Jennings.

While on Jennings, didn't he look disinterested? NSW could of used Jamal big time last night.

Coaster
18-07-13, 09:55 AM
really great origin game imo.
Had everything.

Great spectical for the game

DIEHARD
18-07-13, 10:22 AM
One of Hodges best in a long time. He really stood up.

teke
18-07-13, 08:22 PM

QUEENSLANDER!Bird is one tough and determined sob but that's where it ends for me unfortunately.

thelwall
19-07-13, 12:07 AM
as much as alot of you may disagree you chuck gallen back in nsw and a half that can play and nsw would of wiped the floor with qld

Titanic
19-07-13, 01:17 AM
There will always be "what if" but the fact of the matter is the "what is" and that once again sounds like ... Queenslander!!!!

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 05:46 AM
I thought McManus for the New North Scotland team was impressive.

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 07:48 AM
http://images.smh.com.au/2013/07/18/4582036/blues-20130718215647597393-620x349.jpg

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 07:50 AM
http://l.yimg.com/ea/img/-/130717/173723342_18ud3ht-18ud3m8.jpg?x=400&q=80&n=1&sig=SMDv8jk.IETuz2b7jEDJuA--

DIEHARD
19-07-13, 07:53 AM
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/07/18/1226681/620862-0282b37c-ef95-11e2-af7f-ad8cecfd760b.jpg

teke
19-07-13, 09:00 AM
as much as alot of you may disagree you chuck gallen back in nsw and a half that can play and nsw would of wiped the floor with qldlike they have the 7 yrs before when he wasn't injured.

Titanic
19-07-13, 04:34 PM
Queenslands octadic victory has changed the face of Origin forever, until next year ... it brought "streaking down the sideline" into a whole new perspective ... along with having the guts to get naked, making an **** of yourself and succumbing to a crack-up. I was most surprised that Smith didn't invite an "emotional" Gallen to come on stage and help hold the trophy aloft ... because "he deserved it" ... bwah-ha-hah the media is almost as funny as Gould's "the Blues were the better team".

Smakked
19-07-13, 07:39 PM
DOnt you think "Queenslander" sounds alot like "Wanker" ?????

Leeroy
19-07-13, 07:46 PM
Well I guess that's why they call it the Blues

Titanic
19-07-13, 08:48 PM
DOnt you think "Queenslander" sounds alot like "Wanker" ?????
Three syllables v two? No, I don't think so old mate ... Queensland has more in common with paradise, but I suppose wanker does have a fair bit in common with loser :D and which team was that again?