PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Telstra premiership draw ,final 6 Rounds

TITAN PETE
04-07-13, 02:23 PM
The NRL has today released the schedule for Rounds 21-26, with the iSelect Titans set for some showpiece games.

Round 21 ? Gold Coast Titans v Wests Tigers, 3pm Sunday August 4 , Skilled Park

Round 22 ? Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Gold Coast Titans, 7pm Monday August 12 , ANZ Stadium

Round 23 ? North Queensland Cowboys v Gold Coast Titans, 5:30pm Saturday August 17, 1300 Smiles Stadium

Round 24 ? Gold Coast Titans v New Zealand Warriors, 5:30pm Saturday August 24, Skilled Park

Round 25 ? Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans, 3pm Sunday September 1, Allianz Stadium

Round 26 ? Melbourne Storm v Gold Coast Titans, 5:30pm Saturday September 7, AAMI Park

shamus
04-07-13, 11:08 PM
We would want to be in the top 4 by round 20 if we want to make the 8.

Gone in week 1 but an improvement on the past 2 seasons.

Hey, Just kidding! We are still a chance of Minor Premiers. Just gotta get them there rabbits losing a few. Those wascally wabbits.. ;) as well as Storm, Dogs, Eagles, Roosters...have I missed anyone?

Yep...Had a couple :drinkies:

TITAN PETE
05-07-13, 07:47 AM
We would want to be in the top 4 by round 20 if we want to make the 8.

Gone in week 1 but an improvement on the past 2 seasons.

Hey, Just kidding! We are still a chance of Minor Premiers. Just gotta get them there rabbits losing a few. Those wascally wabbits.. ;) as well as Storm, Dogs, Eagles, Roosters...have I missed anyone?

Yep...Had a couple :drinkies:

You forgot to have a whinge about another Sunday Arvo game :laugh:

:drinkies: :drinkies:

By the way the draw hasn't changed since the start of the season :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
05-07-13, 07:50 AM
Titans dealt horror draw
Travis Meyn | 12:01am July 5, 2013

THE Gold Coast's finals hopes have been dented by one of the most ridiculous schedules in the NRL following the release of the final six rounds of the draw yesterday.

As if having four away games out of their final six wasn't bad enough, the Titans have been dealt another huge blow by the television networks and NRL.

The fifth-placed Titans will have just 72 hours to prepare for a crucial game against the Cowboys in Townsville on Saturday, August 17, after playing on the previous Monday in Sydney against Canterbury.

And they will end the regular season with just a six-day turnaround between away trips against premiership contenders the Roosters in Sydney and Storm in Melbourne.

By comparison, the 13th-placed Broncos have seven Friday night games out of their final nine.

Titans football manager Scott Clark said it would be near impossible to prepare properly for the Cowboys and Storm games.

''It is what it is but we're a bit disappointed with a few short turnarounds and the travel involved,'' he said.

''It doesn't really reflect where we are on the ladder.

''They're weeks where we won't get any training done. You really only get one session.

''People can underestimate how tough it is to get anything out of the players with short turnarounds.

''It's a tough, physical game and they need time to recover.''

The Titans will travel to ANZ Stadium to face the Bulldogs on Monday August 12, for a 7pm kick-off.

They won't return to the Gold Coast until noon the next day and will have to depart for Townsville by midday on the Friday. It will leave them with less than three days to prepare for the game.

Their final two games see them travel to Sydney to face the Roosters on Sunday, September 1, come back to the Gold Coast late that night then head down to Melbourne on the Friday.

''They're tough games as well,'' Clark said.

The Titans began the season with a glut of home games, playing five of their first seven matches at Skilled Park.

The NRL finalised the draw yesterday and working against the Titans was the fact they don't have a CEO to plead their case. Clark said the final month of the season would be about recovery and injury prevention as the Titans attempt to hang on to a top-eight spot and possibly push for the top four.

''That last six weeks is about getting the players fit, managing their recovery and rehab,'' he said.

''We knew it was going to be a tough draw but you'd like to think they could take into consideration the travel component and how tough it is.

''We didn't expect so many short turnarounds.''

The Titans have spent the past week in Darwin preparing for tomorrow's night game against the Panthers.

TITAN PETE
05-07-13, 07:52 AM
We won't be complaining about being Match Fit come semi final time..if we get there :rolleyes:

Gotta love the Donkeys always being looked after, they'll need their 7 day turn around while chasing the Spoon.

teke
05-07-13, 10:46 AM
Entire season = worst titans scheduling ever

Toads
05-07-13, 11:01 AM
Yup, I guess that's what happens when the ARLC lets a broadcasting company organise the schedule to suit themselves. If this trend continues, it does make you wonder how Memberships across all the Clubs might be affected in time. Channel 9 has made our code their b*t*h..

In some respects, we weren't screwed over the worse. I think Manly had a bunch of Monday Night Games, earlier in the season?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
05-07-13, 11:10 AM
we havent had a monday night game this season yet:) have to consider ourselves lucky in that respect

Sydney Titans Fanatic
05-07-13, 11:12 AM
Cant wait:) i finally got some games i can go to in sydney...manly roosters bulldogs and flying to melbourne for the storm games... BEST DRAW EVER:)))

karnage
05-07-13, 11:38 AM
Apart from the 5 day turnaround into the Cowboys game there isn't really anything in that draw that we should be too worried about. Unfortunately the early home losses we sustained against the Broncos and the Knights and the loss In NZ to an out of form NZ are going to come back and haunt us. Even with a full strength team we could go 0-5 to end the season so without a recognised centre it is going to be very, very difficult.

karnage
05-07-13, 11:40 AM
Actually, there is one thing. That Sunday at 3pm game at the Roosters means those of us who don't travel won't be able to watch it live.

chicbarn
05-07-13, 02:25 PM
we havent had a monday night game this season yet:) have to consider ourselves lucky in that respect

Storm?

shamus
05-07-13, 11:28 PM
You forgot to have a whinge about another Sunday Arvo game :laugh:
Winter is upon us so Arvo games are now OK.. :thumbsup:

:drinkies: :drinkies:

By the way the draw hasn't changed since the start of the season :thumbsup:

Yep, the draw hasn't changed since November 2012 actually..and below is what I said then and I still hold to it.

The Donkeys appear to be in more trouble than us but here is the difference...4 out of 5 home games for them and 1 out of 5 for us?

Yeah, we have 7 home games in the first half and only 4 in the second half!

It is the opposite with the Donkeys they have 6 and 6 and 4 out of the last 5 games at home! :fight:

The more I think about it the more I dislike it! 4 home games out of a possible 12 doesn't sit too well with me!! :mad: