PDA

View Full Version : Round 17 Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers

Pages : [1] 2

TITAN PETE
30-06-13, 04:35 PM
Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers
TIO Stadium, Darwin on Saturday, July 6.

TITAN PETE
30-06-13, 04:46 PM
This could be our season defining match after such a poor show against the Knights & what probably is a season ending injury to Jamal..

Heading straight to Darwin from Newcastle may not be the ideal preparation for a team that looks to be in serious trouble but I hope Carty is looking at fixing the problem long term & not just trying to plug the leak....Odwyer or Michaels should not be considered , give Hymel Hunt or Barba a chance at 1st grade now.

Hail Sezer
30-06-13, 04:49 PM
This could be our season defining match after such a poor show against the Knights & what probably is a season ending injury to Jamal..

Heading straight to Darwin from Newcastle may not be the ideal preparation for a team that looks to be in serious trouble but I hope Carty is looking at fixing the problem long term & not just trying to plug the leak....Odwyer or Michaels should not be considered , give Hymel Hunt or Barba a chance at 1st grade now.

Absolutely 100% agree.

Come on Carty, give em a crack.

hatchy84
30-06-13, 05:15 PM
Mid season signing hendo to play centres

DavidBouveng
30-06-13, 05:24 PM
Yeah if we want to buy a centre, we need to do it by midnight tonight....

But I would rather give young'uns a go.

Hunt, Russell, Barba, Rankin, Dowling. Idris is basically irreplaceable, so we might as well develop players in the meantime.

Meady was like one of these guys at one point... Young, unknown and waiting to pounce.

Teams have bounced back from thrashing well this year, so hopefully its the kick start we need cos a loss next week drops us right back into the clustermuck of teams, we are swimming with head just above the water atm, but need to recover and get 2 from penrith and two from bye.

I can forgive today as a one off, but its the Jamma situation that scares me.

hatchy84
30-06-13, 05:43 PM
Heard Rankin playing good at fullback is he zillman mead centres Rankin fullback does anyone agree

hatchy84
30-06-13, 05:43 PM
Because we know carty won't blood anyone

DavidBouveng
30-06-13, 09:20 PM
yeah hatchy, i think that would be smart. not sure if hell move zilly, but it would be good. or give marmin a chance

Titanic
30-06-13, 09:22 PM
Whatever he decides we know it will be wrong ... speculation is worthless.

Julius Sezer
01-07-13, 07:39 AM
Rankin to fullback would be a good move. Carty is reluctant on trying out young guns like Hymel Hunt.

I have a horrible feeling he will draft Steve Michaels into the side. Our defence will be very vulnerable on the edges.

Boofhead
01-07-13, 01:27 PM
Read an article somewhere this morning that O'Dwyer will be 'rushed into the side'. Hopefully Taka sorts himself out soon.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Taka
4. Mead
5. Don

Is the way forward.

Mr Stupid
01-07-13, 02:28 PM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Taka
4. Mead
5. Don

Is the way forward.

I don't want to sound disloyal but I can't help thinking this is a pretty mediocre line up. No big charismatic characters, all learning their trade, no natural leaders, no rep players, all prone to errors, not much footballing nouse (yet), not one devastating in attack or defence. Hope they prove me wrong.

Geeman
01-07-13, 04:45 PM
Any word on how long Taka and Taylor are out for?

TITAN PETE
01-07-13, 08:01 PM
As bad as the boys got beat yesterday there is a huge chance we will be in 4th spot on Saturday night :surprise: , although it may only be temporary :?)

TITAN PETE
01-07-13, 08:16 PM
Titans kick-off Darwin camp
Adam Gardini
Monday 1 July 2013 6:01 PM

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans today kicked off a week-long camp in Darwin with a recovery session at the Darwin Waterfront Wave Lagoon.

In the wake of Sunday's loss to the Knights, the Titans today arrived in Darwin to start a week's worth of community and promotional activities in the build-up to Saturday night's clash against the Panthers at TIO Stadium, Darwin.

iSelect Titans prop Luke Bailey said the Darwin camp provided a good chance for the Titans to re-group after the disappointing loss to the Knights.

"It's good to be up here and we're looking to do a few community visits and turn things around with a decent performance against the Panthers,'' said Bailey.

"We've been doing a fair bit of community stuff (on the Gold Coast) and it's not going to stop up here, we've got a big community event tomorrow with some coaching clinics and some visits. There's also an open training session later in the week for everyone to come out and have a look.

"We're expecting a good crowd to the game so hopefully we can get 10,000 people to cheer us on.''

patskE
01-07-13, 08:41 PM
man i am not sure on don aye... he couldnt even gain a metre on chasing down mcmanas... slow as...
i want carty to blood someone. i will loose it if we see odwyer/micheals back into the side, hasnt worked well for us for the past few years...

rankin/zillman
babra/hunt
zillman/hunt
mead
gordon
wouldnt mind seeing that

Hail Sezer
01-07-13, 08:55 PM
man i am not sure on don aye... he couldnt even gain a metre on chasing down mcmanas... slow as...
i want carty to blood someone. i will loose it if we see odwyer/micheals back into the side, hasnt worked well for us for the past few years...

rankin/zillman
babra/hunt
zillman/hunt
mead
gordon
wouldnt mind seeing that

1. Barba
2. Gordon
3. Zillman
4. Hunt
5. Mead

No chance of happening, but meh I'll keep imagining.

youth ftw

And Don isn't that slow at top flight, he caught Jarryd Hayne with ease.

patskE
01-07-13, 09:23 PM
he had 40m chasing down mcmanas and didnt make a yard. irwin was flying but hah

Hail Sezer
01-07-13, 09:39 PM

Yeah Irwin is explosive as..squats 270kg no biggie..

DB squats 290kg by the way guys, for anyone wondering.

DavidBouveng
01-07-13, 09:39 PM

mcmanus was flying onto it, don had to turn and chase,

Don had a poor game, but he is becoming the scapegoat to alot of other issues, mostly just the team not being 'on' on the day.

soon Don will be responsible for Jamals broken leg, the origin sin bins and maybe kevin gordons hair style

Hail Sezer
01-07-13, 09:54 PM
travis meyn just tweeted zillman potentially out..

he reckons Jahrome Hughes could go close to debuting if that's the case

teke
02-07-13, 05:15 AM
Get barba and hunt in

shamus
02-07-13, 07:12 AM

Gets bogged down on a wet track. Any more heavy 10's scratch him I say. But a dry track keep him in. :p

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 07:34 AM
travis meyn just tweeted zillman potentially out..

he reckons Jahrome Hughes could go close to debuting if that's the case

Wait they might be kicking Zillman out from the team? :surprise:

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 07:37 AM
Wait they might be kicking Zillman out from the team? :surprise:

Injury I think

I know. It's heartbreaking for us all.

Stay strong.

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 09:39 AM
Injury I think

I know. It's heartbreaking for us all.

Stay strong.

Carty is the most heartbroken out of all of us.

Titanic
02-07-13, 10:27 AM
A wing is hardly the reason for a thrashing ... gee, we were just awful.

Tamwelg
02-07-13, 10:30 AM
http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/tamwelg/null_zps6120532d.jpg

TITAN PETE
02-07-13, 11:10 AM
ABOUT TIME

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 12:25 PM
I was happy until i read

"Carty will likely opt for the safe option and bring in utility Luke O' Dwyer"

:nope:

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 12:26 PM
So Jahrome Hughes was always ahead of Matt Russell in the pecking order for the fullback position? About about Jamie Dowling, Rankin and Marmin Barba?

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 12:36 PM
So Jahrome Hughes was always ahead of Matt Russell in the pecking order for the fullback position? About about Jamie Dowling, Rankin and Marmin Barba?

I too am confused

Titanic
02-07-13, 12:53 PM
Did Michaels let down his tyres or something?

karnage
02-07-13, 02:03 PM
I said this on the Knights thread, but I will repeat here in light of the 700 different backline combinations I have seen listed on the two threads:

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS RETAINING THE SAME 1 / 6 / 7 / 9

If injuries force changes then so be it, but there is no way that Zillman and Kelly should be shuffled between centre and fullback.

People have short memories. The year we won the spoon Carty kept chopping and changing with our 'spine', even going so far as to recall Matt Rogers in a truly embarrassing display. Our attack was a complete joke as a result and everyone kept asking for a settled lineup. The week before origin 1 Griffin shuffled the broncos spine all over the place and they lost by 50.

Whoever we put at centre can do their best so long as it is not Zillman. He is our fullback and Kelly is our halfback - END OF STORY!!

Bayside Titan
02-07-13, 02:33 PM
Titans
1 Jahrome Hughes
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Luke O’Dwyer
4 Hymel Hunt
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Mark Ioane
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ryan James
17 Sam Irwin
18 Ben Ridge
19 Anthony Don

Coach: John Cartwright

Mr Stupid
02-07-13, 02:48 PM
Titans
1 Jahrome Hughes
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Luke O’Dwyer
4 Hymel Hunt
5 David Mead

Gosh!

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 02:54 PM
I said this on the Knights thread, but I will repeat here in light of the 700 different backline combinations I have seen listed on the two threads:

THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS RETAINING THE SAME 1 / 6 / 7 / 9

If injuries force changes then so be it, but there is no way that Zillman and Kelly should be shuffled between centre and fullback.

People have short memories. The year we won the spoon Carty kept chopping and changing with our 'spine', even going so far as to recall Matt Rogers in a truly embarrassing display. Our attack was a complete joke as a result and everyone kept asking for a settled lineup. The week before origin 1 Griffin shuffled the broncos spine all over the place and they lost by 50.

Whoever we put at centre can do their best so long as it is not Zillman. He is our fullback and Kelly is our halfback - END OF STORY!!

Dude Zillman is injured

Surfers66
02-07-13, 02:55 PM
TEKE, will Mead get the fullback job? seems wasted on the wing considering who else is in the backline.

I would prefer to see -

1 Mead
2 Gordon
3 Hunt
4 Bird
5 Don/Hughes

Ridge to start at 2nd Row and Birdy to defend in the centres and he can do what he likes in attack.
Not saying Bird is a centre, cause he is not but he may be the best option at the moment.

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 03:02 PM
Is Don 19th man due to injury or because of last week?

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 03:02 PM
Pumped for Hughes and Hunt to debut.

TITAN PETE
02-07-13, 03:06 PM
i would prefer Don starts on the wing with Mead in the centres & Chalky running the water..

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 03:08 PM
i would prefer Don starts on the wing with Mead in the centres & Chalky running the water..

This..

that's why I asked the q above

Geeman
02-07-13, 03:12 PM
"We've been doing a fair bit of community stuff (on the Gold Coast) and it's not going to stop up here, we've got a big community event tomorrow with some coaching clinics and some visits. There's also an open training session later in the week for everyone to come out and have a look.

Maybe Carty will go along and learn something...

Coaster
02-07-13, 03:22 PM

Wouldn't be wise to name Debutants in there game positions, would think they would mix it up a bit before game day

Tamwelg
02-07-13, 03:27 PM
Is Don 19th man due to injury or because of last week?

Hurt his shoulder, but should be right.

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 03:29 PM
Hurt his shoulder, but should be right.

So if he's right, will chalky or Hunt make way you reckon?

Toads
02-07-13, 03:31 PM
Due to the names mentioned in the list of 19, and how one expects Carty to **** this up with multiple positional changes. I'm expecting Panfers to put 20 on us..

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 03:34 PM
Exciting times ahead! If Jahrome has a blinder then Zillman will be under pressure to perform and not take his position in the team for granted. If Hymel Hunt has a good game then he might be the permanent centre we have been looking for this whole time.

But O' Dwyer in the centres was not the ideal choice imo. Don should not have been dropped and Mead was looking good at centre. I'm not aware of the talent that Jahrome Hughes possesses but i have always thought our back up fullback was Rankin. Thought he was going well at fullback in QLD Cup. So i'm really confused about the pecking order for the fullback position at the club because Jamie Dowling got a shot at fullback last year and i thought he was impressive. So i thought Dowling and Rankin were ahead of Jahrome for the fullback position.

I would have preferred this

1. Jordan Rankin
2. Kevin Gordon
3. David Mead
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Anthony Don

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 03:41 PM
I'm a bit lost on the pecking order for fullback too, but there has been a lot lately which has said that Jahrome is meant to be the long term replacement for Zillman. Roosters came after him too.

I've seen Jahrome play a few times, he is very good. 18 years old at the moment, has a lot of development left in him. Interesting selection choice from Carty with the likes of Marmin, Rankin, Dowling and Russell there. But hey..I'm fine with it.

I'd like to hope that Don's inclusion would result in the omission of O'Dwyer and Mead to centre.

One thing I'm sure of though..our fullback this weekend will definitely have some play-making ability. Which is a pleasant change

Teke, what are your thoughts? Mead staying on the wing the right thing in your opinion?

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 03:53 PM
I'm a bit lost on the pecking order for fullback too, but there has been a lot lately which has said that Jahrome is meant to be the long term replacement for Zillman. Roosters came after him too.

I've seen Jahrome play a few times, he is very good. 18 years old at the moment, has a lot of development left in him. Interesting selection choice from Carty with the likes of Marmin, Rankin, Dowling and Russell there. But hey..I'm fine with it.

Fair enough as i said i haven't watched Jahrome play so I can't judge properly. I just didn't realise we had so many fullbacks at our disposal Marmin Barba, Jahrome, Matty Russell, Rankin and Jamie Dowling.

If we have so many fullbacks then what was the reason for purchasing Marmin Barba in the first place? Was it to stack up in the halves? We also didn't need to purchase Matty Russell then if we already have Rankin, Jahrome and Dowling.

Also Carty might see Rankin only as a backup for the halves. I've always thought Rankin's natural position was fullback. I remember his comeback game where he played fullback, he chimed in nicely into the game.

Threw a beautiful cut out ball to Mead to score. I think at 5/8 he struggles to be creating something all the team whereas at fullback he can pick out the moments. A suspect under the high ball though.

One thing I'm sure of though..our fullback this weekend will definitely have some play-making ability. Which is a pleasant change

That should be exciting to see. I'm also very excited to see the footy Hymel Hunt can play. Keep hearing that he is very talented. I noticed in the team sheets that he was playing a bit of backrow. Hopefully he is a good defender out wide.

Teke, what are your thoughts? Mead staying on the wing the right thing in your opinion?

I see what you did there ;)

Tamwelg
02-07-13, 04:02 PM
So if he's right, will chalky or Hunt make way you reckon?

Like everyone else I'd love to see Mead back to centre with Don wing and Chalky punted, but I would have a clue what Carty will do.

Great to see Hughes and Hunt have a crack.

Tamwelg
02-07-13, 04:16 PM

I'd like to hope that Don's inclusion would result in the omission of O'Dwyer and Mead to centre.

I like the look of Hughes. He is a bit wet around the ears. He has a really good kicking game and has a tone of try assists to his name. For those interested he is 187cms tall and weighs 92kg.

teke
02-07-13, 05:21 PM

Teke, what are your thoughts? Mead staying on the wing the right thing in your opinion?I have no idea what the right thing is anymore, he will just be his usual self at wing. Solid.

My opinion is, if zilly is out then he is the man to get the fb spot. There really is no other choice as good as him. I'd even have kev over the rest.

mdrew
02-07-13, 05:29 PM
Happy to see Jehrome and Hymel get a go, but I feel for Jordan Rankin, he has been very good for Burleigh, not sure what else he could have done.

Julius Sezer
02-07-13, 06:12 PM
Mead and Rankin must be spewin' for not getting a crack at fullback.

If Mead wasn't on the wing (also Don being injured) it leaves no one else to fill the wing spot other than Steve Michaels. I think putting Jahrome at fullback and Mead on the wing appealed more to Carty than Mead at fullback and Michaels on the wing.

thelwall
02-07-13, 07:01 PM
****ing hell i just fell of my pet unicorn when i read this - youth ha..... didnt even know we had any till now

Mexican titan
02-07-13, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=Julius Sezer;326886]Exciting times ahead! If Jahrome has a blinder then Zillman will be under pressure to perform and not take his position in the team for granted. If Hymel Hunt has a good game then he might be the permanent centre we have been looking for this whole time.

And if they both go badly I will be repeating what I always say and that is the Under 20's comp is crap and we should be getting our backup players from Q Cup where they play against men.
I really hope I am wrong and they both have great games. I would be very happy to have egg all over my face as this is a must win game.

Smakked
02-07-13, 07:38 PM
no confidence at all going into this one, i am expecting Panther to win pretty easily actually. The thing that might help us is the humidity up that way , maybe , maybe not

Hail Sezer
02-07-13, 08:24 PM
****ing hell i just fell of my pet unicorn when i read this - youth ha..... didnt even know we had any till now

Pics or it didn't happen

DIEHARD
03-07-13, 02:27 AM
Looking forward to this

DIEHARD
03-07-13, 02:29 AM
I also expect Mead and Rankin to get first crack at #1

chicbarn
03-07-13, 08:52 AM
I have no idea what the right thing is anymore, he will just be his usual self at wing. Solid.

My opinion is, if zilly is out then he is the man to get the fb spot. There really is no other choice as good as him. I'd even have kev over the rest.

Mead will tell you himself he struggles to run out a game at fullback. He's an explosive athlete. He doesn't have the motor, especially after missing 10 games this season, to play an NRL game in sweltering Darwin heat at fullback. It just wouldn't work. He'd cramp after 60 minutes.

teke
03-07-13, 09:17 AM
Mead will tell you himself he struggles to run out a game at fullback. He's an explosive athlete. He doesn't have the motor, especially after missing 10 games this season, to play an NRL game in sweltering Darwin heat at fullback. It just wouldn't work. He'd cramp after 60 minutes.deleted cause I came across as being rude

I have told others its too late in the season to put him at fb and expect an impact.

Toads
03-07-13, 09:20 AM
Something that might have to be considered, is the quality of the paddock up there at the moment. Unless the groundsperson/s have been prepping it for the last several weeks forthis match, it might be a bit hard at the moment which in turn could see more injuries. I hope this was something that the NRL considered when having these away games, especially Inland 'n Northern Australia.

They didn't have much of a Wet Season up there last season.

Titan Dad
03-07-13, 10:22 AM
RANKIN would be absolutely gutted, he has been playing really good footy for BURLEIGH and week in week out has been amongst the best on field in my view.

CARTY and CLARKY seem to be hell bent on destroying the confidence of the kids they have on the fringe of the top 17.

I would expect no less. Very disappointing. But F++ck it why not totally destroy the team with another display of poor man management as we have seen countless times before. I have not entered the debate re CARTY as yet.

Now is as good a time as any. CARTY stop playing god with these kids, and as for CLARKY, my god he needs to seriously look for something else to do in the club.

It is time to clean house with CARTY and Co, GILLY and LANGY and FERRIS excluded in this.
We dont need an 80's game plan, and poor player management, especially with the people we have on the books.

Boofhead
03-07-13, 11:33 AM
Why are people calling on Rankin? He has done nothing every time he has been called into first grade.

Titan Dad
03-07-13, 11:44 AM
Why are people calling on Rankin? He has done nothing every time he has been called into first grade.

RANKIN is still young and developing. He has drastically improved his performances on the paddock for BURLEIGH. Why would we elevate 2 kids with less experience playing in the powder puff U20's comp over players we have in the Intrust Super Cup.

I was under the impression that the Intrust teams are our feeder clubs. The players in the 20's are nowhere near ready for what lays ahead, physically and mentally.

I strongly suggest that you get to a urleigh game and then after that should you feel the same then write him off.

TITAN PETE
03-07-13, 12:06 PM
Teen Titans given chance
Emma Greenwood | 12:01am July 3, 2013

A RUGBY union convert picked up in an open trial and a fullback in the mould of fearless runner Karmichael Hunt are set to bring their flair to the Titans' backline in a sneak peek into the club's future.

Hymel Hunt and Jahrome Hughes will be injected into an injury-ravaged Titans outfit for Saturday's NRL round 17 clash against the Panthers in Darwin after William Zillman and Jamal Idris were forced out with injury.

The dynamic teenage duo have been backed to overcome first-game nerves and display the form that has them earning rave reviews in the National Youth Competition.

Titans under-20s coach Jamie O'Connor says the pair will not die wondering in what could be a short-lived opportunity at the top level once the Titans get a fully healthy team back on the park.

''They've been outstanding in the under-20s so far this year, so it's probably a just reward,'' he said.

''I think it's time to find out where they're at and how they're travelling.

''It's not an ideal time (for the Titans) with a few injuries but it gives those two young guys a real good opportunity to show what they're all about.''

Hunt is a former rugby player at renowned Brisbane nursery Nudgee College who was picked up by the Titans in a player trial at Ipswich.

He has long been touted as a future NRL player after three solid seasons in the under-20 competition.

Head coach John Cartwright resisted the urge to promote the former Redcliffe Dolphins junior earlier this season, saying the centre had to banish bad habits that had crept into his game.

But O'Connor said the 191cm 19-year-old had worked tirelessly on his game and fitness this season to get his first-grade chance.

Hughes will add to the Titans' list of home-grown stars when he runs out at fullback in place of Zillman, who has been sidelined with a nagging groin injury.

The former Palm Beach Currumbin student spent 12 months in Sydney with the Roosters but returned to the Coast where he is in his second year in the under-20s.

''He's one that's slipped under the radar a little bit in regards to people looking at guys pushing up into the NRL but he's a tough kid,'' O'Connor said.

''He's a bloke who will just take all the challenges on.

''He's a bit of a Karmichael Hunt in a way. He'll return the ball with plenty of purpose and he's got a lot of skills to go with that as well.

''They will be super nervous but both guys have been waiting there hoping they do get one or a handful of games this year.

''They'll bring plenty of enthusiasm and plenty of excitement for some of the older guys.''

It is that enthusiasm that Cartwright hopes the pair can bring to his battered squad after their thrashing in Newcastle at the weekend.

''What they're going to bring is plenty of enthusiasm out of everyone else,'' Cartwright said from Darwin yesterday.

''I think everyone is so excited for those boys, they know what it feels like to make your debut.

''Just the excitement you could feel as soon as the (rest of the) boys knew they were flying up here after a really disappointing performance against Newcastle, it gave us a bit of a boost to see those guys jlroll up.''

While the pair's chance has come about through injury, Cartwright has been keeping a keen eye on them for some time.

''It's pretty exciting when kids have come through your junior system and you give them a chance to make their debut,'' he said.

''It's come about through injury but particularly the last six weeks they've been doing great things for our 20s.''

TITAN PETE
03-07-13, 12:16 PM
I have seen Rank play many games for Burleigh this year & i do think he's playing good footy for Burleigh but i don't think he's good enough for the NRL & i'm looking forward to watching Jahrome Hughes get his chance to show his skills.

Surfers66
03-07-13, 01:51 PM
Where/When are the Titans 20's playing Panthers?
I saw it said Gold Coast, dont know anymore.

TITAN PETE
03-07-13, 02:20 PM
Where/When are the Titans 20's playing Panthers?
I saw it said Gold Coast, dont know anymore.

It's being played at Cudgen not sure what time but i think it's on sunday..will be good to see how shaun Hudson goes at Fullback but these boys are up against a very good Panthers outfit.

DIEHARD
03-07-13, 02:38 PM
Always a very exciting moment to see a debut, here we have two.

Shattered, absolutely shattered to see what happened with Jamal.

Surfers66
03-07-13, 02:51 PM
It's being played at Cudgen not sure what time but i think it's on sunday..will be good to see how shaun Hudson goes at Fullback but these boys are up against a very good Panthers outfit.

Cheers, might go for a look.

DavidBouveng
03-07-13, 06:37 PM
i feel a bit for the darwin NRL fans, Jamal would have been the playermost were waiting to see.

Alby will still give them a good show, but Jamma is so good with kids and clinics and stuff that the titans and NRL have lost out a bit here too in developing our support in Darwin. just such poor timing the poor guy.

pumped to see the kids get a run, but gutted Mead didnt at least keep his centre spot. maybe a late name change closer to the game might eventuate.

DavidBouveng
04-07-13, 09:48 AM
Rumour on twitter that alby will play FB.

Not a super source, but its out there

If true, that's a shame for all the people who missed there chance at FB, PLUS now we not even blooding someone.

Alby at 7 is our very best weapon we have, why the hell we would move him I have no idea. If its true I can't wait for the karnage explosion.

Hail Sezer
04-07-13, 09:50 AM

If true, that's a shame for all the people who missed there chance at FB, PLUS now we not even blooding someone.

Alby at 7 is our very best weapon we have, why the hell we would move him I have no idea. If its true I can't wait for the karnage explosion.

Just saw that..wtf is going on?

ffs

karnage
04-07-13, 09:57 AM

RANKIN is still young and developing. He has drastically improved his performances on the paddock for BURLEIGH. Why would we elevate 2 kids with less experience playing in the powder puff U20's comp over players we have in the Intrust Super Cup.

Both of these are good posts. Rankin has done absolutely ZERO whenever called up (unless you count the day he failed to get a kick off in the 79th minute and gifted a win to the Wests Tigers!!) and our U/20's are a heartless bunch of powder puffs who should not have their poor play endorsed by 'earning' spots in the 1st Grade side.

It's a tough call for the coach to make, but if I know Carty I am sure he will pull the wrong rein!!:thumbsup:

karnage
04-07-13, 10:00 AM

THIS IS FUNNY!! :laugh: :laugh:

I swore I would back down from my Cartwright criticism and I feel I have done a pretty good job of that. But in fairness the team has been winning so it is hard to be too critical. But the quality of a leader is measured in times of adversity, such as we are facing now. By scanning through the posts on this thread it is clear that there is little faith in Carty.

Tamwelg
04-07-13, 10:05 AM

Hope this is all just BS, Alby needs to be our 7. I can't seen any reputable sources, but Carty did elude to how happy he was with Irwin at 7 last weekend in this weeks team announcement on Titans TV.

karnage
04-07-13, 10:42 AM
Hope this is all just BS, Alby needs to be our 7. I can't seen any reputable sources, but Carty did elude to how happy he was with Irwin at 7 last weekend in this weeks team announcement on Titans TV.

Carty being happy with a half usually means they made a tackle...

Julius Sezer
04-07-13, 10:55 AM
First of all i'd leave Alby at halfback because there is no one else worthy of playing halfback at the club other than him and his understudy Beau Henry. Im pissed as well but i always thought Alby at fullback might not be a bad thing. The only thing he would be doing extra is catching bombs and will be standing in a different position in the defensive line but in attack he will the exact same Alby we all know and love.

You never know he might be even better at fullback then he is at halfback. Everytime I watch him play i feel like he kinda plays like a fullback the way he backs up the ball carrier everytime and they way he makes his linebreaks. I'm curious to know how he would go at fullback but yes he is our halfback and should stay there for the whole season. If he moves to fullback it will screw up our spine.

TITAN PETE
04-07-13, 11:29 AM
First of all i'd leave Alby at halfback because there is no one else worthy of playing halfback at the club other than him and his understudy Beau Henry. Im pissed as well but i always thought Alby at fullback might not be a bad thing. The only thing he would be doing extra is catching bombs and will be standing in a different position in the defensive line but in attack he will the exact same Alby we all know and love.

You never know he might be even better at fullback then he is at halfback. Everytime I watch him play i feel like he kinda plays like a fullback the way he backs up the ball carrier everytime and they way he makes his linebreaks. I'm curious to know how he would go at fullback but yes he is our halfback and should stay there for the whole season. If he moves to fullback it will screw up our spine.

He played Fullback when he debuted for the Sharks & was looking like a Superstar before picking up an injury, his downside was he couldn't tackle..

Leave him at 7 :fight:

Tamwelg
05-07-13, 04:15 PM
Just watched a clip of the side doing an open training session in Darwin on Titans TV and was surprised to see Dave Taylor training in the back row. I also noted Jahrome was running fullback with Alby at 7.

Coaster
05-07-13, 04:47 PM
He played Fullback when he debuted for the Sharks & was looking like a Superstar before picking up an injury, his downside was he couldn't tackle..

Leave him at 7 :fight:

Is it true he also asked the coach after the first Newcatle debacle that the coach not play him at fullback because he doesn't like it. And doesn't feel comfortable there.

If they start with him there it will be the last game for me until this bludger of a coach gets fired.

teke
05-07-13, 05:24 PM
THIS IS FUNNY!! :laugh: :laugh:

I swore I would back down from my Cartwright criticism and I feel I have done a pretty good job of that.:laugh:

TITAN PETE
06-07-13, 06:10 AM
Irwin emerges as Top End hero
Travis Meyn | 12:01am July 6, 2013

PINT-sized hooker Sam Irwin has vowed to help turn things around for the Titans when he runs out to a chorus of applause in Darwin tonight.

Irwin will step on to his home soil for the first time as an NRL player. Earlier this year he became the 10th Northern Territory product to crack first grade.

He has been the home town hero in Darwin this week, meeting the territory's chief minister, Adam Giles, and being plastered as the poster boy of the city.

And, while the 21-year-old has been chuffed with his reception, he'd trade it all for a victory lap after beating the Panthers at TIO Stadium tonight.

''We've got a lot to prove from last week (46-16 loss to Newcastle). That was a bit of a towel-up,'' he said.

''We've got to bounce back from that. We'll be all right.

''It was a bit of a trip down memory lane being around here. It'll be a buzz playing in front of friends and family.''

It's been a dramatic rise to the NRL for Irwin who is still completing his electrician's apprenticeship.

He was the Gold Coast's under-20s player of the year and players' player in 2012, five years after being scouted at a national championships carnival.

Irwin's family relocated to the Gold Coast to help him chase his NRL dream and it was a move that paid off.

There is just a handful of Darwin-raised players in the NRL with Knights winger James McManus, who scored four tries against the Titans last week, Melbourne's Will Chambers and Bulldog Joel Romelo the only others.

''Deep down I knew I could make it but I was just stoked to get a contract,'' Irwin said.

''Not many people get to go through a development system.

''It was a bit daunting when I first came into first grade but they've turned out to be good blokes and have made me feel welcome. I just want to see out a long career here.''

Irwin will be joined by former under-20s teammates Hymel Hunt and Jahrome Hughes tonight who will make their NRL debuts.

But prop Ryan James is set to be dropped with Mark Ioane in line to unseat him for the final bench spot.

''I'm stoked for them. They have been going really well,'' Irwin said of Hunt and Hughes.

''They'll bring plenty of enthusiasm to the team. Hymel will be all right. He's a big boy and will handle himself.''

Titans co-captain Greg Bird said the team was determined to turn around their form after last week's drubbing by the Knights.

''You try not to think about it but it's always there until you have another run so we've got the perfect opportunity tomorrow to make amends on that one,'' he said.

teke
06-07-13, 10:52 AM
No mansour this week will be a big difference between this game and last

lonegull
06-07-13, 11:02 AM
No mansour this week will be a big difference between this game and last

Good point, he provides so much go forward, If the titans can nullify walshs kicking game we should be a show

teke
06-07-13, 11:05 AM
Walshe but more importantly is keeping Segeyaros impact to a minimum.

I'd really fancy hitting tighe and Roberts side but with Odywer at right centre his spark won't really be that deadly

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 12:03 PM
Don't really get how we're favourites in this one after last week's performance and also injuries to some crucial players of our squad. Also the Panthers are playing much better footy than they were at the beginning of the season. Should be a close game but I'm not very confident of a win here.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 12:37 PM
We just have to grind it out. Weak link of the Panthers is there forward pack.

They are a very high scoring team

teke
06-07-13, 04:24 PM
Grinding is what this club does best.

Carn the titans

Titanic
06-07-13, 04:24 PM
From Darwin's paper:

SAM Irwin will become the first Darwin rugby league product to play an NRL premiership match on home soil after being named in the Gold Coast Titans team to clash with Penrith at TIO Stadium.

The 20-year-old Nightcliff Dragons junior has been named on an extended six-man Titans bench in jumper No. 17 for the 7pm clash.

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright explained Irwin had reaped the rewards of his hard work to be given the opportunity to play in front of family and friends.

"This is where it all started for Sammy," Cartwright said. "He's a guy that's come through our (under) 20s program and he's really maturing as a player.

"He's a quiet young man off the field, but on the field he's a terrier and is getting better ever time he runs onto the field."

Irwin, who has developed into an able back-up hooker to Matt Srama, showed the versatility which saw Gold Coast scouts sign him as a 14-year-old from the Top End in 2007, during last week's 46-16 loss to Newcastle.

"Sammy did a great job filling in at halfback for us last week when he hadn't played in that position for a few years," Cartwright said.

"The biggest compliment I can pay Sammy is the players love it when he's out there."

The Titans have turned to youth in a bid to push for a top-four berth on the ladder with teenagers Jahrome Hughes and Hymel Hunt to make their NRL debuts.

Hughes, 18, has been named at fullback in place of the injured William Zillman, while 19-year-old Hunt joins the returning Luke O'Dwyer in the centres and David Mead shifts back to the wing.

Co-captain Nate Myles also returns after missing the Knights clash with soreness following the second Origin showdown.

The Titans will hold an open training session at Richardson Park today from 8.30am with all players available for autographs from about 10am.

Penrith, who arrive in Darwin on Friday morning, have stuck with the same 17 players who helped down St George-Illawarra 25-10 last Saturday night.

The Panthers possess some strike-power in the form of talented fullback Matt Moylan, five-eighth Isaac John and winger David Simmons, who has scored 11 tries in 14 games this season.

Nigel Plum and Tim Grant as a formidable front-row combination, while James Segeyaro is the only player to have played a premiership match in Darwin, having been a member of the North Queensland team that demolished Sydney Roosters 50-12 at Marrara last April.
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2013/07/03/322469_ntsport.html

Toads
06-07-13, 04:43 PM
Is kick off 7:00pm NT time, or 7:00pm EST?

The 20-year-old Nightcliff Dragons junior has been named on an extended six-man Titans bench in jumper No. 17 for the 7pm clash.
Nevermind..

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 05:27 PM
Go Titans.

Anyone got the final line up yet?

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 05:34 PM
Go Titans.

Anyone got the final line up yet?

James out and Ridge in is the only change I believe.

Haven't heard anything more of Alby at fb either

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 06:03 PM
The iSelect Gold Coast TItans have made one change to their line-up for tonight's clash against the Panthers, with forward Ben Ridge coming onto the bench in place of Ryan James.

iSelect TItans Coach John Cartwright named an extended 19-man squad earlier in the week but James and winger Anthony Don will not take their place in the side.

The Titans line-up for tonight's clash is listed below:

1 Jahrome Hughes
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Luke O'Dwyer
4 Hymel Hunt
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Mark Ioane
15 Luke Douglas
17 Sam Irwin
18 Ben Ridge

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 06:15 PM

Great news imo.

Boofhead
06-07-13, 06:33 PM
Good luck to the punter who just popped 50k on us at the -1.5.

Boonarga
06-07-13, 06:34 PM
We are beat. Our goddam "coach" is wandering around the shed with his head down and not even engaging the players.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 06:35 PM
How long till the game?

teke
06-07-13, 06:36 PM
Socks are awesome...:?)

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 06:44 PM
boom meady. loving the enthusiasm out there

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 06:48 PM
that was quick...

Boonarga
06-07-13, 06:49 PM
Omg! Vatuvi at fullback. Dropped all 3

titanfan1980
06-07-13, 06:51 PM

Haven't heard anything more of Alby at fb either

I wouldn't have dropped James, just be cause I know what he can do I would way rather just straight swap ridge in for mini

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 06:52 PM
excellent defence mini

thanks for the penalty conceded too

love,
HS

titanfan1980
06-07-13, 06:53 PM
And that miss by minichello only makes me agree with that statement ridge in over mini, not James mini dropped 3 balls last week.. And I don't remember who said it but I also noticed carty looking dis interested. Positives Jarome looks at home

titanfan1980
06-07-13, 06:54 PM
excellent defence mini

thanks for the penalty conceded too

love,
HS

Hahaha love hs, haha awesome sign off

thelwall
06-07-13, 06:58 PM
harro is actually running pretty hard for once

thelwall
06-07-13, 06:59 PM
our defence is letting them get soooo many meters

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:01 PM
**** mead and kelly jesus

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 07:02 PM
Piss poor attempt by Hymel there.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:02 PM
Hymel Hunt's defence...

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:04 PM
cut the errors out and we win easily

mdrew
06-07-13, 07:05 PM
Pathetic for a second week in a row!

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:05 PM
farout these penalties

mdrew
06-07-13, 07:08 PM
lldiscilpine is killing us, as it has all year

Boonarga
06-07-13, 07:09 PM
Very poor quality game. Sorry Darwin.

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:09 PM
wtf is wrong with kelly he cant catch a ball to save his life , been watching matty moylan to much

Toads
06-07-13, 07:10 PM
Sin Bin the Refs. they're making some shocking calls both ways..

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:13 PM
Ohhhhh fu** Kelly

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:14 PM
We were lucky that they didn't score then. All this dropped ball is horrible to watch.

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:14 PM
sezer you ****ing weapon

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:15 PM
Sezer you beauty!!!

What a kick you legend

Rage
06-07-13, 07:15 PM
What a kick!

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 07:16 PM
sezer you ****ing weapon

Sezer you beauty!!!

What a kick you legend

What a kick!

Boom

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:16 PM
He kicked that outside his boot using his right foot. Can't get much skillfulled then that

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:17 PM
Waaaaaaay too much dropped ball

Toads
06-07-13, 07:20 PM
On debut, Jahrome looks to be a pretty safe option for Fullback.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:20 PM
Sezer = Best conversion taker in the game at the moment.

Boonarga
06-07-13, 07:22 PM
Left foot. His natural foot, but still pretty good.

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 07:22 PM

Yep I thought he's gone well so far. Had a nice little step on him when he chimed in to the backline on a second man play earlier, almost went through.

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 07:24 PM

Hasn't done anything wrong and is looking to get involved. I like him so far.

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 07:25 PM
Complete our sets and we will win.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:26 PM
He kicked that outside his boot using his right foot. Can't get much skillfulled then that

It was off his left boot dw about what i said. :?)

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 07:26 PM
Still very very worried with our defence on the edges, still looks as soft as it did last week.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:27 PM
Jahrome looks good. More game time and he will be a solid player. Hymel has been hard to judge because he hasn't got enough ball. His defence is questionable though.

teke
06-07-13, 07:28 PM
Jahrome looks good. More game time and he will be a solid player. Hymel has been hard to judge because he hasn't got enough ball. His defence is questionable though.hunt isn't the 1st person to get stood up by whare.

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 07:32 PM
We are lucky to be 12 all at ht.. a few mistakes by the boys.. I must say I feel as a team we could use Myles talents better, the guy isnt a prop, makes his hitups at 60% speed, doesnt look like bending the line. I just feel titans would be better placed with a actual prop upfront and myles at lock or on the edge

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:37 PM
f*** man dropped ball

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:38 PM
jesus - we are so poor in defence

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 07:39 PM
Mead WTF was that

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:43 PM
this is hard to watch

Squinter98
06-07-13, 07:44 PM
Naff! TV Off

Julius Sezer
You cannot beat Roberts in the air when he is one the fly like that

teke
Bring back don

Toads
06-07-13, 07:45 PM
Not your typical Meady.. :(

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 07:45 PM
Naff! TV Off

Alternatively you could watch the wallabies vs the lions

nvm they are losing too

lol

soz

Boonarga
06-07-13, 07:46 PM
Damn, can't even watch the rugby. We getting smashed.

Hail Sezer
Bring back don

hahahahaha

Unlucky Meady.

that roberts kid is quuiiiickk

teke
Not your typical Meady.. :(was he supposed to stop that

mdrew
06-07-13, 07:47 PM
Can not believe how bad we are, oh wait I have been watching us for the last couple of years, yes I can.

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:48 PM
we are ****ing hopeless

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 07:48 PM
Bye bye top 8 for another year.

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:49 PM
stuff this im going to get drunk

teke
06-07-13, 07:49 PM
Simmons, the try machine lol.

Top 8 aspirations gone very quickly

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 07:50 PM
We desperately need a new coach... Promote mat rogers for the rest of 2013

Toads
06-07-13, 07:51 PM
was he supposed to stop that

Not necessarily stop it. I was referring moreso to the read of the ball. He's usually sharper than that..

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 07:53 PM
ROFL.

Cartwright how the *** do you still have your job?

I refuse to believe that this team should be THIS bad.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 07:53 PM
fu****** brilliant

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:54 PM
we honestly are embarrassing

MightyTitans
at this rate the score will be 54-12 Full time to the panthers

teke
Guys there is light at the end of this tunnel.

Missing the 8 should get the coach the chop, should :(

thelwall
06-07-13, 07:55 PM
we part like the red sea - im not one to call for cartys job but jesus christ this is appalling..... ive seen better defence from six yr olds

thelwall
we could get the spoon and carty will still be there

mdrew
zero chance of Cartwright getting axed, we are a joke.

Boonarga

The wooden spoon wasn't enough.

Toads
06-07-13, 07:56 PM

Would like to think so. But knowing what we do, it'd be an absolute looong shot.

mdrew
06-07-13, 07:56 PM
As terrible as it sounds I hope we get smashed, we deserve it

Toads
06-07-13, 07:58 PM
Get ready for it. We're good for another 5 quick converted Tries in the last 18 minutes of this game..

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 07:58 PM
Carty's solution to this loss, drop the 2 debutants, keep odwyer & bring in micheals to centre

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 07:59 PM
He might even have moment of brilliance and move bird or zillman to 5/8

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 07:59 PM
Carty's solution to this loss, drop the 2 debutants, keep odwyer & bring in micheals to centre

sadly youre probably right

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 08:00 PM
LMAO if that's a try.

thelwall
06-07-13, 08:00 PM
if only we could chuck in the towl

teke
06-07-13, 08:01 PM
Kev scores yay...oh he grounded it dead

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 08:02 PM
ROFL. Only 3 years of this garbage left while Carty is in charge.

Kinda nice Roberts is racking up all these tries, bought him and playing him this week in my SC team.

thelwall
06-07-13, 08:02 PM
might have to change the tv rating of this game to R we are getting raped

Toads
06-07-13, 08:03 PM
oh look, there's O'Dwyer's killer defensive game..

Can't believe they're letting him walk next year..

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 08:04 PM
ROFL. Only 3 years of this garbage left while Carty is in charge.

Kinda nice Roberts is racking up all these tries, bought him and playing him this week in my SC team.

Haha me too and it's the only positive I'm taking out of this crap.

teke
06-07-13, 08:04 PM
Titans might not win again this yr

thelwall
06-07-13, 08:05 PM
im just happy i got rid of kelly out of my dreamteam

lonegull
06-07-13, 08:05 PM

Yes please

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 08:06 PM
im just happy i got rid of kelly out of my dreamteam

Kelly only 14 pts on Supercoach tonight lol.

Geeman
This,

Bye bye top 8 for another year.
this,

we could get the spoon and carty will still be there
and this...

if only we could chuck in the towl

:nope:

Toads
Hmm, Panfers are gunna rack up more points against us this week, than what the Knights did last week.. :(

mdrew
Lol - it is now a joke, I am cheering for Penrith in the pathetic hope that something will be done after this. That is other than the supporters will be treated as a continuing joke. A disgrace.

thelwall
06-07-13, 08:08 PM
BRING BACK DAVID MAY - PISS CARTY OFF MAY FOR COACH I SAY AHAHA

Geeman
06-07-13, 08:08 PM

:laugh:

Geeman
06-07-13, 08:09 PM
I just hope we can win against the bye next week...

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 08:10 PM
Thanks Kelly, that's good for my SC team at least.

Toads

Now that is ****in' funny.. :laugh:

Julius Sezer
Kelly is carrying our team

mdrew
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooo, we scored, stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonegull
06-07-13, 08:12 PM
Hate to say this bit I don't think Michaels would have been a bad choice in front of odywer

Toads
06-07-13, 08:13 PM
I hate to think what the Bunnies are going to do us in the two encounters, later this season. Surely that would have to be the death knell for Carty's Coaching career with us..

Geeman
06-07-13, 08:14 PM
The young blood haven't played too bad, all things considered

thelwall
06-07-13, 08:14 PM
hunt hasnt been too great but fullbacks been solid

mdrew
06-07-13, 08:15 PM
Come on Toads, even a pathetic idiot loser like me, someone who does not deserve to breath oxygen does not think that that will happen.

I hate to think what the Bunnies are going to do us in the two encounters, later this season. Surely that would have to be the death knell for Carty Coaching career with us..

Toads
06-07-13, 08:16 PM
I know what you're sayin', Mate. But they have the potential to put a 100 on us in 80 minutes, going by our latest performances.

If we lose Alby to injury, we may as well save everyone the trouble 'n money, and cancel the encounters. :p

lonegull
06-07-13, 08:18 PM
Surely the new board will take a look at Carty after these performances, that's if it comes in before his contract expires, maybe Searle will jump in and extend it

Toads
06-07-13, 08:19 PM
Phew, only 22 on us tonight..

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 08:20 PM
Good luck with crowd numbers at Skilled in the upcoming weeks. Nobody wants to pay to watch a team dish up that rubbish week after week.

Sack the coach or suffer more consequences.

mdrew
06-07-13, 08:20 PM
I will be dead by then. Hopefully

Surely the new board will take a look at Carty after these performances, that's if it comes in before his contract expires, maybe Searle will jump in and extend it

Toads
06-07-13, 08:21 PM

The Board has got to be formed yet, Mate. And that's not lookin' too promising for 2013. A lot of talk about it, but **** all action..

I think it's another 5 days 'n it'll be a month since we've had no CEO..

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 08:22 PM
Can't wait to engage in an argument with the Cartwright daughters via social media again when they defend their dad after I question our coaching staff

weeeeeee

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 08:22 PM
I think we need to give hymel a decent shot at centre, surely he will learn some lessons from tonight but he is our best option for centre

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 08:25 PM
Just so sicck of the titans playing a young kid and throwing them to the trash, they need to stick by young kids that have shown talent..

lonegull
06-07-13, 08:25 PM
The Board has got to be formed yet, Mate. And that's not lookin' too promising for 2013. A lot of talk about it, but **** all action..

Agree mate all talk no action, it's always being said in the next couple of weeks one should be established but week in week out still no board

teke
06-07-13, 08:27 PM
Can't wait to engage in an argument with the Cartwright daughters via social media again when they defend their dad after I question our coaching staff

weeeeeeeuh oh.

They are nice ppl and I feel for them

I think we all know its gonna get ugly so we should take whatever Karnage has been taking lately and forget about asada

Toads
06-07-13, 08:29 PM
uh oh.

They are nice ppl and I feel for them

I think we all know its gonna get ugly so we should take whatever Karnage has been taking lately and forget about asada

:laugh: LMAO :laugh:

mdrew
06-07-13, 08:29 PM
The last straw for me, Lol - people have no idea what I mean

thelwall
06-07-13, 08:30 PM
after watching that **** i felt like punching myself in the face

Boonarga
06-07-13, 08:30 PM
All downhill since May was forced out and it became obvious Searle had the power. The players know it too.

Mexican titan
06-07-13, 08:31 PM
Just so sicck of the titans playing a young kid and throwing them to the trash, they need to stick by young kids that have shown talent..

And who is that? I have not understood the push by many to get Hymel Hunt in that team when this year he has not even held down the centre position in the NYC team. Tonight his defence was pathetic but of course it is unfair to blame him for that team performance.
I could not believe we were favourites for that game and even though I don't like betting against my own team I thought the panthers were specials and at $2.10 they had to be taken.
Our previous CEO used to read the comments on here but the current CEO...oh that's right we don't have one.

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 08:31 PM
after watching that **** i felt like punching myself in the face

I just gave myself an uppercut

gotitans101_
06-07-13, 08:32 PM
Tipped the Panthers tonight. Another positive apart from Roberts getting 110 points on SC. :clap:

Bayside Titan
06-07-13, 08:33 PM
All downhill since May was forced out and it became obvious Searle had the power. The players know it too.
How do I hit " like " for that post.

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 08:35 PM
And who is that? I have not understood the push by many to get Hymel Hunt in that team when this year he has not even held down the centre position in the NYC team. Tonight his defence was pathetic but of course it is unfair to blame him for that team performance.
I could not believe we were favourites for that game and even though I don't like betting against my own team I thought the panthers were specials and at $2.10 they had to be taken.
Our previous CEO used to read the comments on here but the current CEO...oh that's right we don't have one.

Do you even watch or make an attempt to follow the NYC? He was moved to the second row because of the surplus of talented centres and the shortage of powerful men in the pack. Also, they wanted to see him get more involved so they put him in a position where he would get the ball more.

He was marking the Kiwis centre. Give him a break. I thought him and Jahrome were both solid all things considered.

I understand and share your frustration but there is no need to blast him like that as a debutant.

Besides, everyone knows the only players open to being the scape goat are Harrison, Zillman, Mini and O'Dwyer. Forum protocol dude. Basic.

lonegull
06-07-13, 08:35 PM

Agree we need DM back

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 08:38 PM

Great point. There has been a real shift with the management, the players and the fans and right when the club was finally moving in the right direction.

matti
06-07-13, 08:38 PM
Is Carty cheating on his wife with Searle? Just leaving Cartsh!t in Darwin .

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 08:39 PM
Tipped the Panthers tonight. Another positive apart from Roberts getting 110 points on SC. :clap:

I tipped Panthers then had a change of heart today and changed it to Titans. Silly me.

MightyTitans
06-07-13, 08:39 PM

In truth I have only seen this kid play in the QLD Under 20's origin, but considering he made both the 2012 & 2013 QLD under 20's origin team must mean he is doing something right or QLD has no young kids playing rugby league..

Our club has been great at destroying young kids dreams, we give them 1 shot then dump them for fringe players who are just average..

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 08:40 PM
I kinda missed Zillman for some reason... not saying Jahrome was bad or anything.

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 08:41 PM
LOL Cartsh!t. HAHAHAHAHA

Toads
06-07-13, 08:42 PM
I kinda missed Zillman for some reason... not saying Jahrome was bad or anything.

You kinda "miss" TP, or do you mean he went "missing" again tonight? :p

Mexican titan
06-07-13, 08:42 PM
Do you even watch or make an attempt to follow the NYC? He was moved to the second row because of the surplus of talented centres and the shortage of powerful men in the pack. Also, they wanted to see him get more involved so they put him in a position where he would get the ball more.

He was marking the Kiwis centre. Give him a break. I thought him and Jahrome were both solid all things considered.

I understand and share your frustration but there is no need to blast him like that as a debutant.

Besides, everyone knows the only players open to being the scape goat are Harrison, Zillman, Mini and O'Dwyer. Forum protocol dude. Basic.

Mate, I respect your posts here and you can do likewise I think. Yes I always watch the NYC and give me a break - the surplus of talented centres? Now I question whether you watch the NYC much.
Yes I am frustrated after that but I just cannot understand the push for Hymel based on what I see. Later perhaps but he in not NRL standard yet. And for balance I do think Jahrome played ok for a debut. Of course our experienced forwards must take the wrap for that performance but I was replying to a comment about our young talent and as far as I am concerned we have little of that. The NYC performances over the past few years prove it.

Smakked
06-07-13, 08:43 PM

No CHance with searle is still around.

teke
06-07-13, 08:47 PM
No CHance with searle is still around.i know I know :(

Mexican titan
06-07-13, 08:47 PM
In truth I have only seen this kid play in the QLD Under 20's origin, but considering he made both the 2012 & 2013 QLD under 20's origin team must mean he is doing something right or QLD has no young kids playing rugby league..

Our club has been great at destroying young kids dreams, we give them 1 shot then dump them for fringe players who are just average..

Fair points mate. Obviously with Hymel making Qld Under 20's origin he is in the top shelf at that level. The problem is that level is well below NRL standard. That is why the push is on for the traditional reserve grade games (either Q Cup or NSW Cup) to be returned as lead in games to NRL games.

matti
06-07-13, 08:50 PM
The titans put more effort in their fb status then in the players i realise. We have great players... Just a sh!t coach who could not get a under 6's netball team in the finals. Someone needs to brick him

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 08:50 PM
Mate, I respect your posts here and you can do likewise I think. Yes I always watch the NYC and give me a break - the surplus of talented centres? Now I question whether you watch the NYC much.
Yes I am frustrated after that but I just cannot understand the push for Hymel based on what I see. Later perhaps but he in not NRL standard yet. And for balance I do think Jahrome played ok for a debut. Of course our experienced forwards must take the wrap for that performance but I was replying to a comment about our young talent and as far as I am concerned we have little of that. The NYC performances over the past few years prove it.

I respect your post man..I just didn't agree with it entirely. Simple.

Matt Russell. Diffey. Shaun Hudson. Mitch Ardler. Some of our u20s best players this season mate. All centre's/wingers.

So you're telling me you'd rather he went with Michaels than gave our most promising youngster a run, in a season when it's looking more and more like a write off?

Yeah our NYC has been awful. We all know that. So has our NRL team at times (tonight for example). You telling me we have little talent in the NRL team?

When NYC players are making QLD u18s/20s, England u20s teams etc..it's a bit silly to deny their talent.

Geeman
06-07-13, 08:51 PM

Lol.

One upside (while we are all discussing who we tipped) is that I tipped a draw at half time $$$
Sadly, I also backed Penrith by 12 or less, on the off chance we didn't play well

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 08:53 PM
The titans put more effort in their fb status then in the players i realise. We have great players... Just a sh!t coach who could not get a under 6's netball team in the finals. Someone needs to brick him

lol'd

Mexican titan
06-07-13, 09:01 PM
I respect your post man..I just didn't agree with it entirely. Simple.

Matt Russell. Diffey. Shaun Hudson. Mitch Ardler. Some of our u20s best players this season mate. All centre's/wingers.

So you're telling me you'd rather he went with Michaels than gave our most promising youngster a run, in a season when it's looking more and more like a write off?

Yeah our NYC has been awful. We all know that. So has our NRL team at times (tonight for example). You telling me we have little talent in the NRL team?

When NYC players are making QLD u18s/20s, England u20s teams etc..it's a bit silly to deny their talent.

Let's start on something we agree on - no Michaels. No way I want that. Without labouring the point you say that the NYC team has been awful and then list 4 players as going ok. They probably have gone ok but looking ok in a very poor team is not a great argument to push them up to NRL.
My point generally is the NYC to NRL is a huge gap and it seems to be widening and that is why there is ongoing discussion about the future of that comp and feeder comps to the NRL.

There must be blokes in the QCup feeder teams who are more ready for NRL - perhaps not.

Toads
06-07-13, 09:06 PM
For what's it's worth. From the get go this year, all I wanted out of 2013 was our rebuilding year, so we could give it a fair dinkem crack at a Premiership in 2014. But at this point, I needn't say anymore..

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 09:09 PM
Let's start on something we agree on - no Michaels. No way I want that. Without labouring the point you say that the NYC team has been awful and then list 4 players as going ok. They probably have gone ok but looking ok in a very poor team is not a great argument to push them up to NRL.
My point generally is the NYC to NRL is a huge gap and it seems to be widening and that is why there is ongoing discussion about the future of that comp and feeder comps to the NRL.

There must be blokes in the QCup feeder teams who are more ready for NRL - perhaps not.

Man I was saying those 4 players are the centre options we have, which are all talented kids. Read my post. It was in response to your comment regarding us not having a surplus of players in that position.

Yep I agree. I would have preferred for Hymel to have been playing in the Qcup before being shifted up to first grade. It's clearly a huge gap, but we had no other choice really. Honestly our next best options from Qcup were Michaels, Atkins, O'dwyer. I believe Dowling is injured, could be wrong though.

We're thin on centre stocks, so we blooded one of our most promising u20s players which will prepare us for the future. So be it. Give him time, I think he has a real future.

matti
06-07-13, 09:14 PM
Every year though seems to be a rebuilding one. Get rid of this coach and im sure will do well. I rather hire the pimpley kid at my local subway as coach as im sure he will dribble the same sh!t carty says

Toads
06-07-13, 09:23 PM
If Carty can be dislodged, be sure to have Murphy pack his bags as well.

Boofhead
06-07-13, 09:28 PM
Bring back Rogers ASAP.

Coaster
06-07-13, 09:33 PM
Interesting night on twitter and Facebook.

DavidBouveng
06-07-13, 09:39 PM
We will be lucky to get 2 points from the bye next week the way we are going.

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 09:42 PM

I obviously know about twitter. Was facebook much the same?

DavidBouveng
06-07-13, 09:43 PM

I had the popcorn out

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 09:44 PM

I enjoyed it

Bayside Titan
06-07-13, 09:52 PM
If Carty can be dislodged, be sure to have Murphy pack his bags as well.
Hell yeah. Being in Terry Matherson and Walters.

Coaster
06-07-13, 09:54 PM
I obviously know about twitter. Was facebook much the same?

Even more heated.
Time to stop the BS, and get rid of this dead wood

TITAN PETE
06-07-13, 09:55 PM

A window licker & someone who thinks she has some sort of importance because of a surname ..... Doesn't cut it with me :boo: